Home Depot Doors
1.19/5
Based on 127 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a home improvement contractor?

Home Depot Doors

202 Home Depot Doors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

I picked out a stick front door and asked about installation. Was told that it was a minimum $400 and could be quoted after I paid for a $40 site survey/measurement which would be refunded upon order. I was OK with that. Was told the entire process could take 6-8 weeks. I was not ok with that. I asked how to speed things up and was introduced to a Home Depot @home guy who said that I was lucky to meet him because he could not only do installation faster, but he could get me a better door because the Home Depot doors that I was looking at were very poor quality and would fall apart very quickly. He said his doors were much better quality than Home Depot. I asked why he was bad mouthing Home Depot in the store since he worked for them and he laughed and said that Home Depot corporate knows that he is doing this and are OK with it.

I called Home Depot corporate and was told that this was not a bait and switch and that I should bring my own contractor with me if I ever planned on shopping there again. Since I don't have my own contractor, I will never shop at Home Depot again. I will sell my small 3 thousand shares of stock and I will write more true stories about what has happened in the past that I no longer feel like ignoring.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Perhaps this was just our experience, but I truly don't believe that this was the case. I believe this is probably happening "across the board" with Home Depot - my bias opinion. My husband and I went to the Dixie Highway Home Depot in early May 2018 to purchase 2 doors (a security door for the FRONT, and a screen door for the BACK). When we got there, there was an elderly couple waiting for service, who said they had been waiting for quite some time (should have been our "omen"). We waited, along with them - took about 30 minutes before a sales clerk arrived. After the elderly couple placed their order (another 30 minutes or so), we proceeded to give the clerk our order on what we needed. We paid $30 for measurements to be done on both our FRONT/BACK doors.

We received a voice mail, about 3-4 days later, stating that unfortunately Home Depot couldn't provide us with a SCREEN door on the FRONT (not a security door as we requested), because it was not the "normal" size (though we were told at the store that it wouldn't be a problem) - NOTHING was mentioned about the BACK door. We went back to Home Depot twice to get everything resolved. Was told by the sales clerk that they could get us a FRONT security door even though it wasn't "normal" in size, and a BACK screen door, and that she couldn't understand why this "new guy" hadn't gotten measurements for both doors, as we had requested.

A month later, still nothing. Received 2 emails that had absolutely nothing to do with us (different account numbers - no dates). One email said we would hear from someone in 24 hours - that certainly didn't happen. Every time my husband spoke with someone on the phone, he was told they didn't know anything about it (4 different people). When he finally was able to speak to the original store clerk, she got us TOTALLY confused with other customers. Total incompetence. Total disrespect for their customer. Total disregard for their company. We just want our $30 back. Needless to say, I don't think we will be using Home Depot anymore.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I just had a really bad experience with Home Depot. I bought several thousand dollars of products from them to renovate my home which flooded during hurricane Harvey. I had the receipt to return 2 doors which didn't fit at the end of the project. It was past 90 days and they returned 50% of the amount I paid for them! I called the toll free main customer service number and they told me that Home Depot does not have to take returns after 90 days even with a receipt for things in original packaging. The store did me a 'favor' by giving me 50% of my money back. Please keep this in mind when you shop at Home Depot. I have bought several thousand dollars of stuff from them in the past and will no longer shop there.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I ordered a custom iron door from Home Depot ($4000). It took 6 months for them to fabricate the door. Once it finally arrived for installation, the packaging was opened to reveal a terribly damaged iron door due to improper packaging. Home Depot and the manufacturer were contacted and gave me the option to return the door and wait another 6 months for a new one with no guarantee that the next one won’t also be damaged! Poor customer service, takes too long, bad packaging... order your iron door from someplace else!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Ordered an entry door with two side panels on 8/6/2017, and as of 1/8/18, I am still without a front door! Home Depot guaranteed it would be in, and installed by the end of September when the original order was placed. The side panel doors were made incorrectly, reordered as a rush (told two weeks-took exactly seven weeks; longer than the original door). At the time the second door came in, it was inspected by JELD-WEN the manufacturer, as well as Home Depot, and we were assured it was PERFECT. Installation was scheduled (of which they could not install until 12/28 due to lack of having enough professional installers to accommodate their customers, as well as their lack of concern for what we have been through to have a new front door installed).

Off work and waiting for installer to arrive on 12/28 between 12 pm and 3 pm, only to be called at 11:50 am from the manager of Home Depot stating there was another issue with the second door. JELD-WEN (I suggest never ordering doors from this company) did not make the glass on the side panels the same size, so they would need to order a third door, which will take another four weeks. They also indicated they would reach out to the regional/district manager for JELD-WEN to see if there was anything they could do to expedite the order, or compensate us for the inconvenience. As the first experience of the rush reorder, no response or call from the manager after supposedly told they were reaching out to JELD-WEN (no call from them either, as they should have). I also contact JELD-WEN directly when the first reorder was to be rushed, and they had no record of a rush order at all.

I reached out to the Corporate office at Home Depot and placed a complaint about 10 days ago, in which I was advised someone would call me back Tuesday, or Wednesday of last week. I did not receive a return call as of Thursday, so I called and left a message with whom I placed the complaint with last Thursday, and still did not receive a return call. I called today, and told them at this point, the door should be free, and we should only be responsible for install. Home Depot states they cannot give any compensation or direction in regards to that until after the job is complete. They have no problem with accepting our payments on a door that I do not have. You can build a house or two within this time frame.

We have been more patient than most consumers would have been by now, but we have decided enough is enough, and we will be cancelling our order, obtaining a refund, and going elsewhere to do business... BUYER BEWARE, I would not recommend this company for the purchase of anything. Going back to Lowe's for all future shopping. We have had nothing but prompt, professional, caring service, as well as follow up and direction from the beginning from Lowe's, will NEVER do business with HOME DEPOT, or JELD-WEN again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

We ordered the exterior door on 7/15/17. It took 6 weeks for someone to come out and measure. We then ordered the door. It took another month for it to arrive and we set up installation. Installer never showed. We called installer and he said he no longer worked for Home Depot. We called store and were told that another installer would be contacting us. 2nd installer called and scheduled install for 8 am on December 8th. At 10 am, we called to inquire and were told he was on his way. Approximately 20 minutes later he called to tell us the door was damaged and not able to be installed. The door was reordered.

We received an email on Dec. 27 saying that we needed to arrange to pick up the door. We called and were told that was an error. On Jan. 3 at 5 pm we received an email that said the installation was set up for Jan. 3 at 7 am. We had never received a call to set up this installation but obviously telling us 10 hours later of an appointment didn't work. We are still waiting for install date although current temps are below 10 degrees so we imagine this will be postponed at least a few days for that reason alone. Based on what we are seeing on reviews, this is not an isolated incident or out of the ordinary for Home Depot door installation. We even have an acquaintance who purchased a door at a different Home Depot near us and is having the same problem. I do not think they should sell/promote installation as an offering if they are not able to perform the service.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Ordered a security door on July 7, 2017. The door was installed incorrectly and slowly began falling, dragging, and scraping the brick entryway. Home Depot was notified and they have yet to correct the problem to this date, December 15, 2017. We are unable to use the front entryway to come into the house unless someone is able to lift the door as it's being opened.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Ordered new doors both entry way and storm doors - installer was late which was fine but ended up staying later than expected. The storm doors showed large gaps at the bottom between the concrete and the door (the ones I had on did not have gaps). Needless to say the air just seeps in. I call Home Depot and they say well the house is settling (has is 60 years old) - sorry already settled. They claim nothing they can do. Great storm doors that leak - defeating the whole purpose of storm doors. 6 months later the knobs falls off the entry door. I try to fix this but continues to happen. Finally I tighten and the problem is resolved - poor workmanship and I don't feel I got what I paid for.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

They contract their business and these people are terrible. First they come out to deliver and say it was the wrong glass color. Come out again and claim now they can't find the door. Third time they thought they already hung the door and just needed to install the glass. Fourth attempt supposedly the glass is still the wrong color, the stain will take another couple weeks to come in. We took numerous days off work, wasted hours of our time. Most unprofessional, inept place ever to deal with. This all went on from August to end of October. Incompetence doesn't even begin to describe them.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My wife went Home Depot in Freeport Long Island, NY and picked out a door that they had on display late summer 2017. The installer came to measure and said everything was a typical install. We received the paperwork that included the description of the work to be done. I noticed it said something about white aluminum cladding along with Brick Moulding.

On our second visit to pay, I told the associate at Home Depot that if the surrounding was to be white aluminum, I didn't want the door. I mean, who installs a $2,300 Therma-Tru door and surrounds it with cheap aluminum? I was told it would have matching wood around the door just like their floor displays and that was what the Brick Moulding was for. Install date came and noticed the door had the wrong window option after it was installed, and then caught the installers adding white aluminum around the door. I told them that I was told it would be matching, but they told me it was impossible due to the stone face.

Thinking that this was all just a misunderstanding and that the door was already installed, also believing Home Depot had great customer service, at least they used to, my wife signed off on the job figuring we would straighten it out later. I researched online for a while and contacted Home Depot about my issues. At this time I am told since I signed off on the job, there is nothing they will do to rectify this, I'm told I should have not accepted the door and had them try to put the old one back on.

It was also pointed out that the door was ordered correctly since the sales associate was incompetent and entered the SKU in wrong and I didn't catch it on the paperwork, even after my wife pointed to the door that first day and said this is the door we want, it was still entered incorrectly. So the lesson here everyone is never, ever sign off on a job that was done by Home Depot, even if you like the installer and the job seems to be to satisfaction. This will allow you ample time to properly inspect and research that everything was done to your liking. Otherwise, like me, they will throw that back in your face. Hope this helps others.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

On March 18, 2017, I contracted with Home Depot to install Windows and Doors in my home. They installed the job on June 19. They did not have the right color for one of the screen doors. However, they said it would be here in 3-4 weeks. Sometime near the first of August, they came to install the door, but it was the wrong color so I did not accept it.

Around the middle of August, they came with a screen door still the wrong color and I did not accept it. They said the correct door would be here around the last week in August, no door arrived. They said the door would be here early September, no door arrived, they said the door would be here middle of September, no door arrived. They said the door would be here September 19, no door arrived. At this point, I am highly upset with Home Depot, and I have filed a complaint with Consumer Affairs. My advice, only use Home Depot if you want to wait months for the job to be completed and be highly frustrated in the process.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I recently purchased French doors and a wood door at the Home Depot store. The sales person did it online. When they totaled it up there were several shipping charges. I cancelled the order and said my contractor would come and pick the doors up at the store to save the shipping fee. The order was cancelled. To date I have only received the refund for the small door and not the French doors. I have contacted Home Depot many times by email and received one response about the small door but never about the larger charge for the French doors. I have sent them copies of all the refund paperwork, confirmation number etc and have not received my Money back after three weeks. I would love some suggestions. I am out of the country right now so I can't go to the store.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Bought a Full Lite door online under the impression they'd have it on the job site in the time they said they would. However it was delayed with no notification to me. Called their resolution team who can't handle customer complainants well even though that would seem to be your job. Transferring me to another department without telling me to handle a problem that I didn't make. Door had to then be held at their shipping thermal until the next time I could be in site to receive it. Called to make sure everything was in track since I figured they would keep me updated or informed. And I was right because they had shipped the door to a Home Depot store and not the shipping address.

So now I have to go to the store. Rent a truck to deliver the door to the project site. But the door was not ready to leave the store when I got there. I had to wait another hour plus until I could take it. Through this whole process I wasted so much of my time trying to figure out what Home Depot was doing. Home Depot does not know how to keep their customers informed or resolve issues. This is the last time I will deal with them. You are better off finding a good lumber supplier who have more experience and professionalism. Do not risk your business by giving them business. It's not worth the time and aggravation.

Original review: July 15, 2017

On July 3,2017, I purchased this door from this Home Depot store over the phone. I originally went to the Home Depot store near me store # 0210 and saw a door on display SKU # 1002-347-402 but they did not have any in stock at the moment. They located the door at the DEERWOOD store (same SKU #) and I made the purchase over the phone. On the following day my installers picked up the door and brought it to my house. First the door at the 0210 store had frosted glass. The one that we received was clear and had about 5 defects. My old front door was already removed and it was raining on that day. After spending almost 2 hrs. on the phone with Home Depot store 6976 and no decision by Home Depot the was installed.

After spending 8 days dealing with Home Depot and Masonite warranty department and no fixing I called Home Depot Corporate claims and the store manager contacted me saying that they were going to credit my account for the purchase of this door. Now I have a defective door which I already had pay for the installation and I will have to buy a new door and pay for the installation again. Lesson be very careful in dealing with Home Depot especially store 6976 DEERWOOD in Miami, FL and when buying Masonite products at Home Depot. Home Depot also mentioned that they had to remove 7 doors from the inventory at this store because of DEFECTS. I feel that Home Depot should had replaced the door with a good door and handle the installation.

Original review: July 14, 2017

The Home Depot Home Services department doesn't follow up at all. I called with a service order on July 3, 2017. I fully recognize it was the day before the July 4 holiday. I was told someone would call me within 48 hours to set up a date/time for service (door repair) to be conducted. Today is July 13, 2017 and NO ONE from Home Depot Home Services has called although I have called back three times since then. I fully did not expect a phone call immediately around the holiday. However, it is now 10 days later (WAY more than 48 hours).

Every time I call, I'm put on hold with the Representative coming back and telling me they have left a message with the regional manager who will call me back. This is all BS pure and simple. When I ask for a direct number I'm told they are not allowed to give the number out. Again, this is all BS. Installation was problematic, but ultimately done well and to my satisfaction. I'm happy with the doors and windows, but not with the follow-up service. It simply doesn't exist... I will call again tomorrow and I'm sure I will get the same response with no call back at all.

Original review: June 8, 2017

I would like to begin with stating that prior to this I have enjoyed working with Home Depot and would like to continue to. We had fencing installed for our home. I purchased flooring for our entire house, as well as purchased many items and other installations for our property and others. A couple hiccups but all in all good results in the end. However there are some major issues with how the stores are run and how the customer is treated when ridiculous issues arise. I would like to take you through the last 8 months of trying to get the correct doors in my house.

First attempt to install. 3 of the 4 doors were incorrect. Installer stripped the set screw in my entry door (only door that was right). Requested that they send replacement hardware. Left a nail sticking outside the frame. Requested for the hardware to be left so we would have it for the next install. Said no they had to take them back to store.

Second attempt, asked to check the doors before setting up a date for install. Was told "not necessary". Asked if the hardware for my front door would be changed as well. Was told "Yes". All doors incorrect again even after I asked for them to be measured prior. Did not come with any of the hardware and said they did not have any notes that the front door hardware was to be replaced. Missed another day of work.

Third attempt, doors incorrect again. Again I had requested to come and measure them. Told "not necessary". Storm door not even ordered. Accepted the doors under the pretense that there was to be compensation. Installer messed up my flooring and scuffed my deck. Lost another day of work. Final install, May. Everything went fine. So I thought.

Now the compensation that we were offered was $750. That is absurd and I am insulted. With all the grief, all the days I wasted of my vacation time, all the money I have spent over the last few years with Home Depot, easily over $20,000 just on my personal home not to mention other properties. I let them know that I did not find that as an acceptable resolution. They called back the next day and said, We don't care we have your money. I couldn't believe it.

I have reached out to the district Managers and other higher personnel and had no response. Including Steve **, Jason **, Ryan ** and Brian**. I was told that these individuals were given my information as I was not allowed to be given their contact information. Eventually Ryan contacted me. After speaking with the District Manager I was then offered $1000. That would not even cover half the cost of the two French doors I accepted, that were not what was specified.

I do not normally complain to this extent or seek out the CEO of a company but I felt so very wronged by a company I have been so faithful to. I think that $1,500 was an adequate reimbursement for the fact that your company would have had to absorb that just in the price of the doors that we accepted the third time. Even though they are not what we wanted. Taking into account everything else I would project higher but this is a figure that I believe I would be comfortable to continue doing business with Home Depot. The CEO sent my grievance to basically the same department that told me they didn't care, and came back with the same figure. They then said we would like to pad it with an additional $250. After all that they didn't even give me the insignificant figure I had asked for.

To add further injury to insult they did not provide the correct fax number to send my signed release form back to in order to receive our pitiful compensation. The matter still pends. I am not sure we will ever get our reimbursement. My wife is extremely distraught over this entire situation, and I have never been so saddened by the treatment I received from a company that I had held in such high regard prior to this.

Original review: May 3, 2017

I purchased these doors through Home Depot in April 2016. As of today, 5/3/2017, we still have had no resolution for the problems with the doors. The doors arrived cracked and scratched. Steves & Sons have refused to make the situation right. They'll send me a scratch kit. That's it. When a customer spends thousands on custom new doors and they arrived scratched and cracked, the proper resolution is not to send the customer a scratch kit and wash your hands of the situation. I have taken time off of work to meet with representatives, and I have spent hours on the phone dealing with Steves & Sons. In the end, they will not stand by their products. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY!

Original review: April 8, 2017

I placed an online ship to store order in late Feb/Early March for 3 items. 2 were French Doors and the other item was a 72X80 patio door. I received a notification the following day that the order for the French Doors had been cancelled because the store I was going to pick them up at was out of stock. Mind you this is an online order. Nevertheless I had to replace the order and go to a different store to pick up the item even though it was supposed to be buy online and ship to store.

The patio door was a different story. It was shipped to the store and my contractor who was going to install it picked it up on 3/27/2017. When he opened the box, the door which was still wrapped in plastic was damaged. We immediately called Home Depot. We were told someone would call within 5 days about picking up the door and I would need to reorder a new door which I did. Now the nightmare begins. 5 days go by I don't hear from anyone and I'm going out of town on business so I call the online department back. Unfortunately I'm working and it's late afternoon when I can get a chance to call. But the agents get the carrier on the phone (Non Stop Delivery) and three times I'm told they will call me first thing the next day.

Finally I get the number myself and get told the same thing that someone will call me to schedule the pickup but I never hear anything back. So I call the online department again who engages the store. Now I'm told the store will pick it up but I will have to pay for it and oh by the way they want me to pay for it. Finally online gives me a gift certificate to pay for the pickup but Sheila in the Palm Harbor store refuses to do anything to accommodate the inconvenience I've been put through and in fact tells me I'll have to pay an extra charge if I want any kind of window of time. Otherwise I just have to wait all day for the pickup. I'm told someone would call me on Friday (which is today, never heard from them) or I can call the store first thing Saturday (which is the pickup day) so I guess I'll try that tomorrow.

In the meantime, my new door comes in. On Wednesday while I'm out of town I receive an automated call telling me that the door which is 350 pounds and about 6ft x 7ft will be left on my front doorstep or somewhere on my property. I immediate call the carrier (same company Non Stop delivery). I reschedule the delivery for Friday afternoon when I am back in town and can take off work to receive the door (because I cannot move a 350 door that they intend to leave on my doorstep). On Friday morning I check the website and yes it does show the door is scheduled to arrive between 2-6 and it says I'll receive a 30 minute pre-call. At 5 o'clock still no door so I call the company again. They now tell me the door is scheduled for delivery between 8-12.

When I try to find out what happened Non Stop Delivery puts me through to their local carrier (Manko in Tampa, FL) who rudely tells me they had too much on the truck and it wouldn't fit and that the instructions to leave the door on a dry spot on the property are from Home Depot and they are not required to reschedule with me. So now after two weeks I still have a damaged door which hasn't been picked up or credited from my card and I cannot get the door I ordered. My contractor has completed all the other work and I have a 350 lb door that is going to be delivered on Monday on my property for me to try to find someone to move into my garage until I can get the contractor back.

So at this point what do I think should be done? Well if I were Home Depot and I valued my customers I would probably immediately call Manko and tell them not to deliver the door and then I would search for a better partner than Non Stop Delivery who knows how to pick local carriers that will represent Home Depot properly. I would send one of my stores (in one of the trucks that I rent out) to pick up the door from Manko and then call and schedule a delivery and a pick up with me. I doubt that is what will happen. Tomorrow I will probably call Home Depot to find out that my pickup either isn't scheduled or it is scheduled through Manko who will cancel at some point during the day when they find out their truck is too full.

I will probably have to hire someone to come to my home and move the door they drop off on Monday into my garage and hope that it isn't damaged and I don't end up having to return two doors and go through this process again. I'm not really sure about anything with Home Depot but this is what I do know. I'm going to contact American Express to dispute the charge on the damaged door and then I'm going to start doing business with Lowe's. This is the worst customer service experience I've ever had with a store I've dealt with.

Original review: March 30, 2017

I went to purchase a storm door for my back door. Paid for the door and installation on Friday. The guy came out to do measurements on Monday. He wasn't at my home for 5 minutes, took a picture of the door then left. No measurements or anything. Just said HD would contact me after he sends them the picture of my door. I question him... Was that it? He stated that the door was standard and everything looks fine. Wednesday HD calls me to tell me that the guy found that the my door frame was too wide, he needs to build a frame and a threshold. I questioned them... the guy said everything was fine. They said in order for them to install my door it would be another $287. I refuse to pay and demanded a refund. (Which didn't happen.)

They said I would have to wait until the next business day b/c the door was a special order. Which was not! But with no other choice... I'm waiting. Customer service at HD was very poor. No one seemed to care about anything I was saying. After all that had happened, I understand why they wasn't phased. I got home, pulled up the reviews and there is nothing but complaints about HOME DEPOT. I decided to go with a well known company to get the best service possible and was sadly disappointed with HD. The installers they use are rip offs and HD is ok with that. HOW DARE!

Original review: March 28, 2017

On 3/5/17 I ordered a shower door through the Home Depot website. It was a product that they don't carry in stock so it had to be shipped from California. I quickly received the email that the product was ordered with an eta on delivery (3/17/17). So on the 8th I received another email saying it had been ordered at 5:50 pm in Perris California which is one of their own warehouses I later learned. The next week goes by and even though it hasn't had any updates on the door it still says the 17th so I was optimistic it would still arrive on time. 17th passes with no door (mind you its 5' tall and 3' wide and kinda hard to miss) so I call the Home Depot to check the status and they told me that it was shipped to the Estes delivery service already and was out of their hands.

Their rep told me she would inquire with Estes and call me back once the status of the door had been resolved. Before hanging up with them I got the contact info for Estes to call them myself. After waiting on hold for half hour I finally got someone who told me they honestly weren't sure and once their west coast branch opened she would have someone contact me. That was the 21st, days go by with no callback or email with a status or update.

I had a lot going on that week and didn't call immediately back to inquire, I assumed that between Home Depot and Estes that they would figure it out. So finally I called Estes and sat on hold for over an hour just to be told that they're not sure where it is and they think it was never received let alone shipped! Frustrated I then called Home Depot to see if there was any truth or if they were simply blaming each other til it was resolved. After being on hold 45 minutes and talking with and being transferred 3 times, they finally told me that Perris was their own warehouse and it simply never was sent to be shipped. They suggested that I cancel the order and then reorder the door and wait for it to come. I told her how I literally can't shower in my bathroom I just redid because of the door that was suppose to be here almost 2 weeks prior. She could sense I was beyond frustrated and transferred me to a "customer resolution specialist".

So 5 minutes later I get this guy named Sergio. He asks what the issue is and I simply told him that "You didn't send my door in a timely manner, you basically pawned off the problem to the shipping company until it was proven it was clearly Home Depot's mistake and also took my money on the 10th of March and then never delivered on their end of the transaction." He told me he understood my frustration and could offer me a 10% discount for the inconvenience. I replied with "I will take the discount but I want it to be shipped next day so I can finally finish my shower doorless bathroom." He sarcastically replied that they don't and won't do that! Harder and harder to keep composure I told him just to ship my door. I told him that I typically use Lowe's but heard good things about this Dreamline shower door and that was the only reason I even used them.

I will never use them again and I can not believe a multi billion dollar business would play the blame game over a $300 door. I wasn't expecting a free door or anything like that, I just wanted them to overnight the door and right their wrong!! Which they failed miserably and because of that I'll be waving Lowe's blue from now on!

Original review: March 26, 2017

Several years ago I purchased a exterior front door in a woodgrain style from Home Depot. Now it fading and peeling away the woodgrain look. Exterior metal door looks mildewed and faded. How do I fix it or have it fixed?

Original review: March 25, 2017

I have ordered two doors thru Home Depot Door and Windows Dept in West Windsor NJ on Aug 31st 2016 paying close to $5000. The store gave me an installation schedule for October 1st. Next two months I spent visiting the store and calling to find out when the doors will be delivered and installed. The order was lost several times and no one knew where and when are the doors. Finally on November 7th the doors came in without handles. The Feather River door which was ordered in pure white paint came in gray and was different from frame color.

Original review: March 9, 2017

Over eight years ago we ordered a custom front door through Home Depot and arranged for installation to be completed. The installer visited our home and provided the specific measurements for the door prior to the door being ordered. When the installer, that measured the door, arrived to complete the installation he informed us the door was too big and he could not complete the installation. We made other arrangements and the door was installed. Just recently the glass in the side panel broke. We contacted Home Depot and thankfully they were able to locate our original order. A new panel was ordered and, again, arrangements were made to have a Home Depot installer install the new panel.

The installer contacted me yesterday and advised me he would arrive between 10am-12noon to complete the installation but would call me prior to arriving. I did not receive a call at the number provided but later learned that again this installer was not qualified to install the side panel. This is despite my card not only be charged once, but twice, for the installation. When my husband and I arrived home this evening we learned the panel was never removed from the cardboard box. The installer did make sure to leave the deadbolt open when slamming the door leaving a chunk of wood missing from the side trim.

It has become quite apparent that the installers contracted by Home Depot have very limited abilities and should not be expected to install any projects that involve any complexity. My husband has already removed the panel from the cardboard box and will complete the installation. I am hopeful the two charges for the installation will be credited to my card.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

Not a Home Depot installer -- Was scheduled for a measurement for preordering exterior door. It was supposed to be between 8 am & 11 am. I had to call the person from the company that called me a few days prior, not from HD. Got a call from guy that was behind and was going to be an hour late. Got here. Not even here for 5 minutes. Got call from HD few days later telling us we need to order a specialty door. NOT TRUE. We built our home 25 years ago and the door that is in there is standard! We had this confirmed.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Fraudulent type practice at Home Depot. I am an older person. I purchased a front door, side lights (both sides) and a good quality storm door. That was in October of 2016. My total cost I paid (upfront-mandatory) over $3,200.00 with installation and permits. It took the manufacturer like 8 weeks, then the one (yes one) installer took a couple of weeks off but could finally fit me in on January 13th. Today. Great. Finally. He even called and said he'd be here by 1:00. I took the day off work (2 jobs). The local (Troy, MI) store just called me. There is a defect in the door that was sent. Are you kidding me? Why wasn't this checked right away? It's not something they do.

Now, I have to wait another 2-3 months or more for the replacement door. Also, I have to schedule the installer once the door comes in. If there's a problem with the new door, they wait until installation day to find a problem, if there is one. Then the whole process needs to start again. Home Depot has had all that money all this time. That is a fraudulent practice, horrible customer service, and I won't stop here. I plan to warn as many people as possible not to shop here for any products that need to be ordered or installed by their contractors.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

(Total lack of customer service, support, and or consideration of customer concerns.) As a previous Home Depot employee, I am shocked at the treatment that my wife and I endured over a simple purchase and install of 3 Andersen storm door at the south Allentown Pa. #4140 store. My wife and I special ordered 1 storm door and purchased 2 in stock storm doors on Oct. 20, 2016. We were hoping for an easy purchase and install. WRONG!!! The Home Depot associates called, after measurements, and told us that the install date would occur Dec. 20, 2016. Wow, what a great christmas gesture, and it's not even halloween yet. So, I was hesitant. However, I agreed!

The ordering seemed to be the easy part. Oh by the way, we paid for the install and doors on Oct. 20, 2016. Dec. 20, 2016 came, I was at work. My wife came home from work early, to accommodate the installers and to make sure that there was someone available in case something went wrong. Wrong it did!! My wife and installers noticed numerous mfg. defects on all the Andersen storm doors. The installers put blue tape on all the defects and ask Home Depot to exchange the storm doors, which they did. The second set of storm doors were just as bad as the first. The installers and my wife took pictures of the defects. The installers ask that these storm doors be returned. It is now almost 4 pm and getting dark, no more doors or enough lite to install the doors.

The installers were awesome. Finally the installers cared and obviously this time Home Depot didn't. The installers told me that within 24 hrs. someone from south Allentown Pa. 34140 store would call us. Wrong!!! After three days of waiting I called and left a message for someone to get back with me. Finally after 6 days of waiting, an associate, which I will not name, finally called me back. I was told by the associate that he was waiting for the rep. to look at the doors, and I can't expect a perfect door. I just wasted $ 1300.00 on storm doors and install, I damn well better get perfect storm doors.

I waited, called numerous times at this Home Depot store and finally on Jan. 4, 2017, "Happy New Year," and was told that the doors were just hangable. WHATTT!!! I called the Home Depot Customer Care # 1-800-654-0688 at least six times. At the H.D. cust., we don't care about. I talked to Shumelya, and explained my issues. Shumelya seemed very concerned and ask me what type of compensation I was asking for. I told her, she then said "I will call you back between 24 to 48 hrs. with a resolution." This was on Dec. 22, 2016 and I am still waiting for a return call.

On Dec. 26 called again and spoke to associate Ext. # ** and asked for a return call by a manager. Jan. 6, 2017 still waiting for a return call. On Jan. 4 called and talked to associate Ext. # ** Trista and she put me on top priority to call me back within 24 to 48 hrs. I asked her also to call me back by Jan 6, 2017 by 5 pm with an answer, "We're working on it" or something. It is now Jan 6, 2017 7:45 pm. and no call back. Shocked!!! So lesson well learned, no customer care at Home Depot, just give us your money, and we will lie, false promise customers to death. Tomorrow morning I am going to the store to get a full refund, hopefully, with no more major issues. Both finger crossed!!!

I worked for Home Depot for 14.6 yrs., left 7 years ago. Glad I did, and boy has Home Depot turned into the yugos of home improvement centers. This is a culture shock that still stings. I must say that the store managers that I was fortunate to work with would be appalled at these actions and circus show from the associates, customer care center, and pathetic attitude towards paying customers. If I need a 2 cent washer, broken bag mulch, manure, top soil, or Home Depot's ever famous bowed, twisted, cole lumber, I will always stop here. However, if I need a special order door or anything of real value Lowe's is the place for me now!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

The Home Depot door installers use a bait and switch scam. I went to the Vacaville store and priced a door and installation. I was charged $50.00 for a home evaluation which confirmed that the door would fit. The installer then told me he would not install the door for the price charged by home depot. If I did a lot of the finish work myself and took care of the alarm wires it would only be a few hundred more. I was then sent a new "estimate." This included a completely different door from the one I had chosen.

The price went up from $2,000.00 to $6,000.00. When I went back to the store to see what had happened I was told that the only brand of door that didn't leak in the rain was Anderson so they had changed doors. I was also told if I didn't pay the extra $4,000.00 they would not guarantee the work. This is an obvious scam which I did not expect from a company like Home Depot. The consumers need to be warned about doing business with them.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I purchased a set of special order French doors on October the 26th of this year and was told the doors would take 2 to 3 weeks. I was given a delivery date 3 separate times by the service desk and every time I contacted them about my doors I was told they weren't on the truck. I went in to the store in early December and spoke to the store manager and was told at that time that I told the manufacturer that I didn't want them until December the 27th. I finally gave up and bought two single doors and a casing kit and made my own French doors due to frustration.

I myself work for a contractor that does home services for the Home Depot and told the store manager that this wouldn't be accepted if our company didn't do what we were contracted to do in a timely fashion so why is it that the door manufacturer was allowed to get away with this. The manager looked at me and said don't go threatening him. I then told him I wasn't threatening anything because I was nothing more than employee and I had nothing to do with my employer’s relationship with the Home Depot.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

Loved a front door... paid the $30 for measurements... made an appt. He was so overbooked... then he said he will be here 9-11am on Dec 9th. Called and called to confirm. Never any answer. Went to work, called again, no answer. Then he called and said he would be at the house at 12ish. REALLY I WORK TOO. I can't leave work for 2 hours and go back...unbelievable! HOME DEPOT needs more installers... I going somewhere else because he is so overwhelmed... Why do you need somebody HOME for FRONT DOOR.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I had placed custom door order on October 23, and was told will be in the store in 2-3 weeks. I called after few days and was told coming on November 17, 2016 Thursday. I called back in the morning on November 17, 2016 Thursday and was told, "It is coming today. Call back in the evening." When I called back in the evening I was told it will be another 3 weeks and coming on December 1. I had talked to door/window associate named Sam. He was extremely rude rather than being cooperative. I talked to manager Fu-Sheng, he called me back and said due to holiday on Thursday November 24 it is getting delayed for 2 weeks, which is ridiculous and beyond any normal reasoning.

Home Depot Doors Company Information