Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

222 Home Depot Doors Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 5, 2019

I am no longer upset with Home Depot. I am now focused on getting this job done. I am trying to get them to complete installation on 2 French doors and 2 stationary windows that were installed in May 2018. The job remains incomplete 15 months later. Numerous phone calls have been made - no answers. Multiple trips to Home Depot, still I have no answers. I received a phone call last week from Citibank Home Depot credit card provider.

Although I have never missed a payment, they told me my introductory period is over and now my interest rate has increased and requested a payment of $460.00 for this month.. They provided me with a phone number I am placed on hold for twenty minutes. Then someone answers and instantly I am disconnected. I need help. Any suggestions? Home Depot does not respond to phone calls. I think the time I have spent on attempting to get this job completed has been double the time installation took. I will follow up on this each day on Facebook until the job is complete.

Original review: June 30, 2019

Started with needing a set of double doors from the inside of our home out to the deck. I called Home Depot. Had thought they would do an excellent job especially with a set of $4,000.00 doors. The salesman Brice ** said we could have gone with a cheaper set of doors but wanted something that would last. So supposedly the doors was going to take 6 weeks for the doors to be put in. Brice ** ordered on February 25th, 2019, April rolled around to the date due for install was set for the 19th of April, 2019. The sub contractor called me, told me he had broken down and was unable to do the install. A couple of weeks rolled around. Did not hear a word from anyone from Home Depot including Brice **. So I called Brice **. Of course he did not answer his phone so I left a message.

Needless to say I never heard a word back from Brice ** after leaving a message, finally I got upset due to the fact I was being kicked to the curb literally! So I called Corporate Headquarters in Houston, Texas. No one answered the phone there so again I left a message. Finally I did get a voicemail back from someone from Home Depot Corporate by the name of Shandra. I called her back and finally got to speak to her telling her everything I had been through. She told me she'd called me back the same day. Sure enough she did call me back and said someone would be out with the doors to install the same week! Okay, great. My doors are going to be installed this week WHEW!! Well NOT...Contractor did come out with a set of doors but said the doors are not the correct size so they will have to be reordered! I had NO idea who this contractor was but needless to say I have not heard back from him or Home Depot or the Salesman Brice **.....

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 23, 2019

Springs broke 1.5 yrs after installation by Home Depot. The repair company that came said that the door was improperly installed to begin with and that a part was missing that caused the springs to rub together and eventually break. The cost for repair is $400. This is the 3rd product that Home Depot has installed for me that I have had to repair or replace due to poor installation. I've learned my lesson and will never use their installers again.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Began the process of ordering a door in February through Home Depot. Was just installed May 17th. Apparently they outsource to a vendor. I was provided incorrect install dates and finally told my door arrived damaged. Lots of finger pointing but Home Depot. It accepting responsibility. Patiently waited after complaining and being told they could not compensate or discuss compensation with me until after the door had been installed; was not offered the opportunity to cancel. Door installed 3 months later but not according to what was order due to door being inaccurate size. Waste of time and energy. Would absolutely never even order so much as a screw or hammer from this store ever again. Customer service and escalation team not in sync and everyone pointing the finger at the other for issues/concerns.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I ordered 96" mirrored closet doors Feb. 24th, they were delivered, broken, March 3rd. I have, since that date, tried to get someone to pick them up to exchange them. It's now almost May and I just want them picked up and get my money back. They have been sitting in my front yard right at my front door for 2 months. Yet another very bad experience with Home Depot.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I ordered three windows and one sliding glass door, we stressed that we needed them put in at the same time due to it being cooler, us having 14 month old twins and full time jobs. Home Depot said no problem we just might have to wait longer on the windows because it takes longer for the door to make so we waited and waited... Finally they called to set up a date for installation and all was good until... They arrived! The contractors that come in to install the windows and door got started right away. I was extremely happy until I started talk about the sliding door. The installer stopped me right away and told me that they were not installing the door that day because it was defective. Not only did Home Depot not tell me this but when I called dan (the install manager) he never once returned my phone calls. I finally got in touch with Daniel by calling the service center at Home Depot who had to call him and connect us.

He apologized for being too busy to call me back and promised me a $200 give card (that I never received). The phone call ended with him telling me he was going to call the manufacturer and call me right back. After not hearing from Daniel for 3 days I decided to call the Home Depot service center and get ahold of Daniel's boss. Brian got on the phone and despite being extremely rude and inconsiderate he told me I couldn’t cancel my door order. Brian called me back the next day to tell me my door was never reorder and they would give me 25% off if I still wanted to go ahead with the order. Disappointed, dissatisfied is an understatement. It will be hard for me to ever walk into a Home Depot again! Poor poor customer service!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We went to Home Depot with measurements and sizes for the front door with a sidelight. We waited 4 weeks to receive the door. Called ahead and told them we were picking up the door. We waited 30 minutes for them to bring the door to the front of store. We got the door home which was in a box. The door was 2 inches small and there was a 2" filler board placed in place! Very disappointed in this! Who puts a 34" door at the front of there house! Will not shop at Home Depot again.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Avoid these fiberglass doors at all costs!!! We are in zero degree weather and the door has major drafts all over. The bottom gasket gave out less than a year later. We could not even close the door until I figured out that there was wood blocking the deadbolt. The door warped in within a month and there is now a strong draft at the top of the door. Feather River has very liberal specs for warpage which allow for drafts. The door was "installed" (butchered in) by a Home Depot contractor (Sayre "remodeling") but the drafts themselves are a result of bad quality materials and manufacturing.

The (rude) contractor installed the door and then claimed all the screw plugs were missing and that we were to contact Feather River for replacements. Feather River claimed they no longer had them and sent our a brown crayon to fill in the screw holes! No really... That's what they did! I put in an attorney general complaint and miraculously they found some plastic plugs to send out. The side panels are askew. All three windows in the door have drafts and I am finding frost deposits around the window frame where the drafts are. Wish we kept our original door... These doors and their customer service are absolutely horrible!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

We bought a patio door on 12/24/18 from HD in Hackensack, NJ. Door should arrived on 01/11/19, we still don't have the door. They know nothing about it other than to blamed the supplier. The delivery date has been changed 5 times, and still there is no door. Honestly how can a business can run that way, it's really disrespectful, unprofessional and unethical. How can a company sell problems, instead of services or products.

We asked to cancel the order. Their answer was that, it can't be done till the door arrive and that they wouldn't refund 100% of the order. We got a lot of question:

What if the door takes a year to arrive? Who's is going to refund us the money we'd expend hiring a contractor? Who's going to make up for the extra heating we're paying? What about the stress? What about the excessive time tracking and trying to figure out what's going on? Lots of questions come to mind, but no any answer that makes sense.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

My wife and I purchased two entry doors and two storm doors for home on August 31. Initially, we were promised they would be installed prior to Thanksgiving which didn’t happen. The installation was scheduled for today December 3, 2018. However, when the installer arrived he pointed out to me that the first door had several marks where the paint was scratched. The door looked horrible. So my options were fixing myself and get discount, wait another three months for the same door to be rebuilt or cancel the entire order.

Because I didn’t wanna wait another three months I canceled the entire order, $4300. The local Home Depot manager didn’t offer to expedite another door. Apparently the sale wasn’t that important to them. This is after already spending over $8000 on new windows. I also took a day off of work for the installation. Also a complete waste of time from the ordering to the installation. I guess Home Depot so big but they don’t care about the small consumers. I will be taking my business elsewhere. I suggest you do the same.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I purchased an Andersen door in March 2018. Glass panel was put in by installers. I took it out for summer and put screen in with no problem. I stored the door flat. When I went to put it back in it would not go. Called salesman. He told me he would talk to the person who schedules installations. She told him she would contact installers. Still no word from anyone. Terrible customer service. Don't buy anything that needs installing. I Paid $500 for the door. The least they could do is give good customer service.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I ordered a screen door in May and asked for install. Before it's put on the contractor tells me I need a new door also. I ordered that as well and had it installed. It is now almost October and still no screen door installed. Between them ordering and delays and throwing out parts that had to be reordered I am still waiting. The staff at the Deptford NJ store seem casual and unconcerned every time I check on the status. I took off on Monday because they finally had the vendor resend the lost frame and the subcontractors sends me an email late Sunday (didn't see till after waiting for hours on Monday) that they would not be out and someone would call me within 48 hours. Well it's been a whole week and haven't heard a peep. Poor customer service at the store and contractors. Never again!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

All I can say is be careful when purchasing any beautiful exterior vinyl doors with the sunburst glass above. I had a few screws that were hanging out when I arrived back to the job site so I went ahead and removed all the screws took off the plastic glass frame and behold NO Seal of any kind. If this went undone there would absolutely be drafts in the house. Careful!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

All I can say is be careful when purchasing any beautiful exterior vinyl doors with the sunburst glass above. I had a few screws that were hanging out when I arrived back to the job site so I went ahead and removed all the screws, took off the plastic glass frame and behold NO seal of any kind. If this went undone there would absolutely be drafts in the house. Careful!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

First I have to say that is totally frustrating that so many items in home renovation stores have so much of their stock available online only. We needed just a door knob. Just a basic bedroom doorknob and of course it was only available online. We ordered it anyhow and here we are 3 weeks later and no door knob. We received a message from Home Depot yesterday just to tell us that the doorknob is on its way to their store, probably from back east, and will take a couple of more weeks to get to our local store. Lovely service when you have to wait over a month just to get a lousy door knob!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Never have I experience such unprofessionalism and sloppiness in my entire life... I ordered 7 custom doors (spent over $3,000) from the Home Depot in Cranberry Township and experienced the following: Waited over THREE MONTHS for the doors to deliver and ANOTHER month to be installed. Two doors were not custom, they were stock. One storm door was completely wrong. I had to call off work two days instead of one after the job took longer than they expected. They broke my doorbell. One of our doors barely closes months later. The overall installation was incredibly sloppy.

With that being said, The Home Depot did refund two of my storm doors (total $308.04) and I am waiting on a response for the doorbell and door fix. However, as a result of such a horrible experience I will NEVER use The Home Depot for any kind of installation again and would certainly NEVER recommend anyone else use them either.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I ordered a custom steel door on April 29, 2018. The door was to come in about 2 to 3 weeks after ordering. We just picked up the correct door today. July 20, 2018. The reason for the extensive delay was because the wrong door came in the first time. The second time, it was not made to order. It was wrong. It was very frustrating. We were expecting out of town family. We wanted a new front exterior door before they arrived. The wrong door came and they were here before the right door came. The door was ordered three times before we got the right door and that was because of a gentleman employee, in which he truly made it happen for us. He normally worked at the Pro desk.

That last frustrating day, he happened to be at the service center. He assured me that we will get the correct door this time. He worked DILIGENTLY, VERY POLITE, PROFICIENT and PROFESSIONAL, at the same time. He was VERY METICULOUS and again, he assured me, that we will get the correct door this time. He was not fumbling at all. He truly knew what he was doing. He finished everything correctly and he allowed me to review the order. It was exactly what we wanted. He created the paperwork and told me the day that the door should arrive. Surely, again he was correct. The right door came in on time and we picked it up today July 20, 2018.

He is truly an asset to Home Depot. We have spent thousands of dollars at Home Depot over the years and we were ready to switch stores. Because of him, our confidence was restored in Home Depot, and we will not change stores now. We will continue to buy from Home Depot. He really deserves a raise. If I had anything to do with it, he would get a raise. I encourage you to see to it that he gets that raise. He did what the other employees did not or could not do. The day he worked this out for us was June 6, 2018.

The receipt number is **, time 6:57 p.m. His name is Michael. I do not have his last name. In addition, the Store Manager Robert **, who knows Michael, was great also. He, without hesitation, approved everything Michael did and just as Michael did, he apologized also and was very courteous. This is why I am writing this review. My wife agrees 100% with me also. Again, because of the outstanding performance of Michael, my wife and I, remain faithful customers of Home Depot.

Original review: July 10, 2018

More than 4 months I am struggling to complete the exterior door project with Home Depot. TWICE the brickmould trims came from the supplier 2 inches short. Home Depot fails to contact me. I have no support from Home Depot. I begging someone to help me.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Four days ago we had a sliding glass exterior doors installed. The installers did a great job, However, the salesperson (WHO IS SUPPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT THE PRODUCT) did not tell us that we had to step 'over' the vinyl (or metal... can't tell) plate that covers the tracking on the bottom of the door. I've already tripped over it and my 92 year old father is about to move in and we'll be having family members (some elderly and some children) here to visit. This is a hazard! I almost fell... We could be sued if someone does! No mention was made about this by salesperson from the Plaistow NH store! Richard **. Also, I was told I could get a BRUSHED NICKEL handle... It's not! It's white vinyl. Also, we don't have any warranty information. Just the sheet I signed stating "Job was completed to my satisfaction." Yes, installation was; however, THE 'DOORS' ARE NOT TO OUR SATISFACTION.

That 'rail' that sticks up on the bottom by the track was NEVER what we expected... We cannot believe that anyone would chance having that! Also, the screen that can be pushed over to exit the house on the deck CANNOT TOTALLY be pushed aside to allow full opening of the door to exit through it. Very small opening! We did not exit the door until after the installers left. Just opened and closed it from the inside.

A couple of days after that, we walked out and that's when we noticed the problems regarding the 'tripping hazard and the Screen Door. No one in his right mind would want 'that' type of door, again... never mentioned by sales associate! We'd like a new replacement instead of this model. We also had a window installed over the sink (which is fine). My reason for not rating with ONE STAR. This project costs us $4,628.25 (for a window and the slider doors). I emailed the Sales Associate, did not receive a reply. How should we proceed to be able to get a 'safe' door and fully opens? Thank you!

Original review: June 29, 2018

I am fairly patient, knowing how busy some of the HD employees can get. The short story is that after the third visit to the store, I was able to order a custom steel door, for which I was charged for immediately. Okay. So not every business waits until the item is shipped. After a week and a half, I get a call telling me that the door cannot be made due to the height being too small. I didn't get into it with the caller, as I know that she has nothing to do with it. She said that a credit would be made to my card. As of this writing, no credit issued. So, now I have to go back to the store again to have it cancelled. Lastly, why don't they have as part of the program a kickback to said that the dimensions of the door cannot be done?

Original review: June 20, 2018

I picked out a stick front door and asked about installation. Was told that it was a minimum $400 and could be quoted after I paid for a $40 site survey/measurement which would be refunded upon order. I was OK with that. Was told the entire process could take 6-8 weeks. I was not ok with that. I asked how to speed things up and was introduced to a Home Depot @home guy who said that I was lucky to meet him because he could not only do installation faster, but he could get me a better door because the Home Depot doors that I was looking at were very poor quality and would fall apart very quickly. He said his doors were much better quality than Home Depot. I asked why he was bad mouthing Home Depot in the store since he worked for them and he laughed and said that Home Depot corporate knows that he is doing this and are OK with it.

I called Home Depot corporate and was told that this was not a bait and switch and that I should bring my own contractor with me if I ever planned on shopping there again. Since I don't have my own contractor, I will never shop at Home Depot again. I will sell my small 3 thousand shares of stock and I will write more true stories about what has happened in the past that I no longer feel like ignoring.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Perhaps this was just our experience, but I truly don't believe that this was the case. I believe this is probably happening "across the board" with Home Depot - my bias opinion. My husband and I went to the Dixie Highway Home Depot in early May 2018 to purchase 2 doors (a security door for the FRONT, and a screen door for the BACK). When we got there, there was an elderly couple waiting for service, who said they had been waiting for quite some time (should have been our "omen"). We waited, along with them - took about 30 minutes before a sales clerk arrived. After the elderly couple placed their order (another 30 minutes or so), we proceeded to give the clerk our order on what we needed. We paid $30 for measurements to be done on both our FRONT/BACK doors.

We received a voice mail, about 3-4 days later, stating that unfortunately Home Depot couldn't provide us with a SCREEN door on the FRONT (not a security door as we requested), because it was not the "normal" size (though we were told at the store that it wouldn't be a problem) - NOTHING was mentioned about the BACK door. We went back to Home Depot twice to get everything resolved. Was told by the sales clerk that they could get us a FRONT security door even though it wasn't "normal" in size, and a BACK screen door, and that she couldn't understand why this "new guy" hadn't gotten measurements for both doors, as we had requested.

A month later, still nothing. Received 2 emails that had absolutely nothing to do with us (different account numbers - no dates). One email said we would hear from someone in 24 hours - that certainly didn't happen. Every time my husband spoke with someone on the phone, he was told they didn't know anything about it (4 different people). When he finally was able to speak to the original store clerk, she got us TOTALLY confused with other customers. Total incompetence. Total disrespect for their customer. Total disregard for their company. We just want our $30 back. Needless to say, I don't think we will be using Home Depot anymore.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I just had a really bad experience with Home Depot. I bought several thousand dollars of products from them to renovate my home which flooded during hurricane Harvey. I had the receipt to return 2 doors which didn't fit at the end of the project. It was past 90 days and they returned 50% of the amount I paid for them! I called the toll free main customer service number and they told me that Home Depot does not have to take returns after 90 days even with a receipt for things in original packaging. The store did me a 'favor' by giving me 50% of my money back. Please keep this in mind when you shop at Home Depot. I have bought several thousand dollars of stuff from them in the past and will no longer shop there.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I ordered a custom iron door from Home Depot ($4000). It took 6 months for them to fabricate the door. Once it finally arrived for installation, the packaging was opened to reveal a terribly damaged iron door due to improper packaging. Home Depot and the manufacturer were contacted and gave me the option to return the door and wait another 6 months for a new one with no guarantee that the next one won’t also be damaged! Poor customer service, takes too long, bad packaging... order your iron door from someplace else!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Ordered an entry door with two side panels on 8/6/2017, and as of 1/8/18, I am still without a front door! Home Depot guaranteed it would be in, and installed by the end of September when the original order was placed. The side panel doors were made incorrectly, reordered as a rush (told two weeks-took exactly seven weeks; longer than the original door). At the time the second door came in, it was inspected by JELD-WEN the manufacturer, as well as Home Depot, and we were assured it was PERFECT. Installation was scheduled (of which they could not install until 12/28 due to lack of having enough professional installers to accommodate their customers, as well as their lack of concern for what we have been through to have a new front door installed).

Off work and waiting for installer to arrive on 12/28 between 12 pm and 3 pm, only to be called at 11:50 am from the manager of Home Depot stating there was another issue with the second door. JELD-WEN (I suggest never ordering doors from this company) did not make the glass on the side panels the same size, so they would need to order a third door, which will take another four weeks. They also indicated they would reach out to the regional/district manager for JELD-WEN to see if there was anything they could do to expedite the order, or compensate us for the inconvenience. As the first experience of the rush reorder, no response or call from the manager after supposedly told they were reaching out to JELD-WEN (no call from them either, as they should have). I also contact JELD-WEN directly when the first reorder was to be rushed, and they had no record of a rush order at all.

I reached out to the Corporate office at Home Depot and placed a complaint about 10 days ago, in which I was advised someone would call me back Tuesday, or Wednesday of last week. I did not receive a return call as of Thursday, so I called and left a message with whom I placed the complaint with last Thursday, and still did not receive a return call. I called today, and told them at this point, the door should be free, and we should only be responsible for install. Home Depot states they cannot give any compensation or direction in regards to that until after the job is complete. They have no problem with accepting our payments on a door that I do not have. You can build a house or two within this time frame.

We have been more patient than most consumers would have been by now, but we have decided enough is enough, and we will be cancelling our order, obtaining a refund, and going elsewhere to do business... BUYER BEWARE, I would not recommend this company for the purchase of anything. Going back to Lowe's for all future shopping. We have had nothing but prompt, professional, caring service, as well as follow up and direction from the beginning from Lowe's, will NEVER do business with HOME DEPOT, or JELD-WEN again.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

We ordered the exterior door on 7/15/17. It took 6 weeks for someone to come out and measure. We then ordered the door. It took another month for it to arrive and we set up installation. Installer never showed. We called installer and he said he no longer worked for Home Depot. We called store and were told that another installer would be contacting us. 2nd installer called and scheduled install for 8 am on December 8th. At 10 am, we called to inquire and were told he was on his way. Approximately 20 minutes later he called to tell us the door was damaged and not able to be installed. The door was reordered.

We received an email on Dec. 27 saying that we needed to arrange to pick up the door. We called and were told that was an error. On Jan. 3 at 5 pm we received an email that said the installation was set up for Jan. 3 at 7 am. We had never received a call to set up this installation but obviously telling us 10 hours later of an appointment didn't work. We are still waiting for install date although current temps are below 10 degrees so we imagine this will be postponed at least a few days for that reason alone. Based on what we are seeing on reviews, this is not an isolated incident or out of the ordinary for Home Depot door installation. We even have an acquaintance who purchased a door at a different Home Depot near us and is having the same problem. I do not think they should sell/promote installation as an offering if they are not able to perform the service.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Ordered a security door on July 7, 2017. The door was installed incorrectly and slowly began falling, dragging, and scraping the brick entryway. Home Depot was notified and they have yet to correct the problem to this date, December 15, 2017. We are unable to use the front entryway to come into the house unless someone is able to lift the door as it's being opened.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Ordered new doors both entry way and storm doors - installer was late which was fine but ended up staying later than expected. The storm doors showed large gaps at the bottom between the concrete and the door (the ones I had on did not have gaps). Needless to say the air just seeps in. I call Home Depot and they say well the house is settling (has is 60 years old) - sorry already settled. They claim nothing they can do. Great storm doors that leak - defeating the whole purpose of storm doors. 6 months later the knobs falls off the entry door. I try to fix this but continues to happen. Finally I tighten and the problem is resolved - poor workmanship and I don't feel I got what I paid for.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

They contract their business and these people are terrible. First they come out to deliver and say it was the wrong glass color. Come out again and claim now they can't find the door. Third time they thought they already hung the door and just needed to install the glass. Fourth attempt supposedly the glass is still the wrong color, the stain will take another couple weeks to come in. We took numerous days off work, wasted hours of our time. Most unprofessional, inept place ever to deal with. This all went on from August to end of October. Incompetence doesn't even begin to describe them.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My wife went Home Depot in Freeport Long Island, NY and picked out a door that they had on display late summer 2017. The installer came to measure and said everything was a typical install. We received the paperwork that included the description of the work to be done. I noticed it said something about white aluminum cladding along with Brick Moulding.

On our second visit to pay, I told the associate at Home Depot that if the surrounding was to be white aluminum, I didn't want the door. I mean, who installs a $2,300 Therma-Tru door and surrounds it with cheap aluminum? I was told it would have matching wood around the door just like their floor displays and that was what the Brick Moulding was for. Install date came and noticed the door had the wrong window option after it was installed, and then caught the installers adding white aluminum around the door. I told them that I was told it would be matching, but they told me it was impossible due to the stone face.

Thinking that this was all just a misunderstanding and that the door was already installed, also believing Home Depot had great customer service, at least they used to, my wife signed off on the job figuring we would straighten it out later. I researched online for a while and contacted Home Depot about my issues. At this time I am told since I signed off on the job, there is nothing they will do to rectify this, I'm told I should have not accepted the door and had them try to put the old one back on.

It was also pointed out that the door was ordered correctly since the sales associate was incompetent and entered the SKU in wrong and I didn't catch it on the paperwork, even after my wife pointed to the door that first day and said this is the door we want, it was still entered incorrectly. So the lesson here everyone is never, ever sign off on a job that was done by Home Depot, even if you like the installer and the job seems to be to satisfaction. This will allow you ample time to properly inspect and research that everything was done to your liking. Otherwise, like me, they will throw that back in your face. Hope this helps others.

Home Depot Doors Company Information