1.21/5
Based on 117 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Home Depot Doors

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 20, 2017

192 Home Depot Doors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

On March 18, 2017, I contracted with Home Depot to install Windows and Doors in my home. They installed the job on June 19. They did not have the right color for one of the screen doors. However, they said it would be here in 3-4 weeks. Sometime near the first of August, they came to install the door, but it was the wrong color so I did not accept it.

Around the middle of August, they came with a screen door still the wrong color and I did not accept it. They said the correct door would be here around the last week in August, no door arrived. They said the door would be here early September, no door arrived, they said the door would be here middle of September, no door arrived. They said the door would be here September 19, no door arrived. At this point, I am highly upset with Home Depot, and I have filed a complaint with Consumer Affairs. My advice, only use Home Depot if you want to wait months for the job to be completed and be highly frustrated in the process.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I recently purchased French doors and a wood door at the Home Depot store. The sales person did it online. When they totaled it up there were several shipping charges. I cancelled the order and said my contractor would come and pick the doors up at the store to save the shipping fee. The order was cancelled. To date I have only received the refund for the small door and not the French doors. I have contacted Home Depot many times by email and received one response about the small door but never about the larger charge for the French doors. I have sent them copies of all the refund paperwork, confirmation number etc and have not received my Money back after three weeks. I would love some suggestions. I am out of the country right now so I can't go to the store.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 17, 2017

Bought a Full Lite door online under the impression they'd have it on the job site in the time they said they would. However it was delayed with no notification to me. Called their resolution team who can't handle customer complainants well even though that would seem to be your job. Transferring me to another department without telling me to handle a problem that I didn't make. Door had to then be held at their shipping thermal until the next time I could be in site to receive it. Called to make sure everything was in track since I figured they would keep me updated or informed. And I was right because they had shipped the door to a Home Depot store and not the shipping address.

So now I have to go to the store. Rent a truck to deliver the door to the project site. But the door was not ready to leave the store when I got there. I had to wait another hour plus until I could take it. Through this whole process I wasted so much of my time trying to figure out what Home Depot was doing. Home Depot does not know how to keep their customers informed or resolve issues. This is the last time I will deal with them. You are better off finding a good lumber supplier who have more experience and professionalism. Do not risk your business by giving them business. It's not worth the time and aggravation.

Original review: July 15, 2017

On July 3,2017, I purchased this door from this Home Depot store over the phone. I originally went to the Home Depot store near me store # 0210 and saw a door on display SKU # 1002-347-402 but they did not have any in stock at the moment. They located the door at the DEERWOOD store (same SKU #) and I made the purchase over the phone. On the following day my installers picked up the door and brought it to my house. First the door at the 0210 store had frosted glass. The one that we received was clear and had about 5 defects. My old front door was already removed and it was raining on that day. After spending almost 2 hrs. on the phone with Home Depot store 6976 and no decision by Home Depot the was installed.

After spending 8 days dealing with Home Depot and Masonite warranty department and no fixing I called Home Depot Corporate claims and the store manager contacted me saying that they were going to credit my account for the purchase of this door. Now I have a defective door which I already had pay for the installation and I will have to buy a new door and pay for the installation again. Lesson be very careful in dealing with Home Depot especially store 6976 DEERWOOD in Miami, FL and when buying Masonite products at Home Depot. Home Depot also mentioned that they had to remove 7 doors from the inventory at this store because of DEFECTS. I feel that Home Depot should had replaced the door with a good door and handle the installation.

Original review: July 14, 2017

The Home Depot Home Services department doesn't follow up at all. I called with a service order on July 3, 2017. I fully recognize it was the day before the July 4 holiday. I was told someone would call me within 48 hours to set up a date/time for service (door repair) to be conducted. Today is July 13, 2017 and NO ONE from Home Depot Home Services has called although I have called back three times since then. I fully did not expect a phone call immediately around the holiday. However, it is now 10 days later (WAY more than 48 hours).

Every time I call, I'm put on hold with the Representative coming back and telling me they have left a message with the regional manager who will call me back. This is all BS pure and simple. When I ask for a direct number I'm told they are not allowed to give the number out. Again, this is all BS. Installation was problematic, but ultimately done well and to my satisfaction. I'm happy with the doors and windows, but not with the follow-up service. It simply doesn't exist... I will call again tomorrow and I'm sure I will get the same response with no call back at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: June 8, 2017

I would like to begin with stating that prior to this I have enjoyed working with Home Depot and would like to continue to. We had fencing installed for our home. I purchased flooring for our entire house, as well as purchased many items and other installations for our property and others. A couple hiccups but all in all good results in the end. However there are some major issues with how the stores are run and how the customer is treated when ridiculous issues arise. I would like to take you through the last 8 months of trying to get the correct doors in my house.

First attempt to install. 3 of the 4 doors were incorrect. Installer stripped the set screw in my entry door (only door that was right). Requested that they send replacement hardware. Left a nail sticking outside the frame. Requested for the hardware to be left so we would have it for the next install. Said no they had to take them back to store.

Second attempt, asked to check the doors before setting up a date for install. Was told "not necessary". Asked if the hardware for my front door would be changed as well. Was told "Yes". All doors incorrect again even after I asked for them to be measured prior. Did not come with any of the hardware and said they did not have any notes that the front door hardware was to be replaced. Missed another day of work.

Third attempt, doors incorrect again. Again I had requested to come and measure them. Told "not necessary". Storm door not even ordered. Accepted the doors under the pretense that there was to be compensation. Installer messed up my flooring and scuffed my deck. Lost another day of work. Final install, May. Everything went fine. So I thought.

Now the compensation that we were offered was $750. That is absurd and I am insulted. With all the grief, all the days I wasted of my vacation time, all the money I have spent over the last few years with Home Depot, easily over $20,000 just on my personal home not to mention other properties. I let them know that I did not find that as an acceptable resolution. They called back the next day and said, We don't care we have your money. I couldn't believe it.

I have reached out to the district Managers and other higher personnel and had no response. Including Steve **, Jason **, Ryan ** and Brian**. I was told that these individuals were given my information as I was not allowed to be given their contact information. Eventually Ryan contacted me. After speaking with the District Manager I was then offered $1000. That would not even cover half the cost of the two French doors I accepted, that were not what was specified.

I do not normally complain to this extent or seek out the CEO of a company but I felt so very wronged by a company I have been so faithful to. I think that $1,500 was an adequate reimbursement for the fact that your company would have had to absorb that just in the price of the doors that we accepted the third time. Even though they are not what we wanted. Taking into account everything else I would project higher but this is a figure that I believe I would be comfortable to continue doing business with Home Depot. The CEO sent my grievance to basically the same department that told me they didn't care, and came back with the same figure. They then said we would like to pad it with an additional $250. After all that they didn't even give me the insignificant figure I had asked for.

To add further injury to insult they did not provide the correct fax number to send my signed release form back to in order to receive our pitiful compensation. The matter still pends. I am not sure we will ever get our reimbursement. My wife is extremely distraught over this entire situation, and I have never been so saddened by the treatment I received from a company that I had held in such high regard prior to this.

Original review: May 3, 2017

I purchased these doors through Home Depot in April 2016. As of today, 5/3/2017, we still have had no resolution for the problems with the doors. The doors arrived cracked and scratched. Steves & Sons have refused to make the situation right. They'll send me a scratch kit. That's it. When a customer spends thousands on custom new doors and they arrived scratched and cracked, the proper resolution is not to send the customer a scratch kit and wash your hands of the situation. I have taken time off of work to meet with representatives, and I have spent hours on the phone dealing with Steves & Sons. In the end, they will not stand by their products. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY!

Original review: April 8, 2017

I placed an online ship to store order in late Feb/Early March for 3 items. 2 were French Doors and the other item was a 72X80 patio door. I received a notification the following day that the order for the French Doors had been cancelled because the store I was going to pick them up at was out of stock. Mind you this is an online order. Nevertheless I had to replace the order and go to a different store to pick up the item even though it was supposed to be buy online and ship to store.

The patio door was a different story. It was shipped to the store and my contractor who was going to install it picked it up on 3/27/2017. When he opened the box, the door which was still wrapped in plastic was damaged. We immediately called Home Depot. We were told someone would call within 5 days about picking up the door and I would need to reorder a new door which I did. Now the nightmare begins. 5 days go by I don't hear from anyone and I'm going out of town on business so I call the online department back. Unfortunately I'm working and it's late afternoon when I can get a chance to call. But the agents get the carrier on the phone (Non Stop Delivery) and three times I'm told they will call me first thing the next day.

Finally I get the number myself and get told the same thing that someone will call me to schedule the pickup but I never hear anything back. So I call the online department again who engages the store. Now I'm told the store will pick it up but I will have to pay for it and oh by the way they want me to pay for it. Finally online gives me a gift certificate to pay for the pickup but Sheila in the Palm Harbor store refuses to do anything to accommodate the inconvenience I've been put through and in fact tells me I'll have to pay an extra charge if I want any kind of window of time. Otherwise I just have to wait all day for the pickup. I'm told someone would call me on Friday (which is today, never heard from them) or I can call the store first thing Saturday (which is the pickup day) so I guess I'll try that tomorrow.

In the meantime, my new door comes in. On Wednesday while I'm out of town I receive an automated call telling me that the door which is 350 pounds and about 6ft x 7ft will be left on my front doorstep or somewhere on my property. I immediate call the carrier (same company Non Stop delivery). I reschedule the delivery for Friday afternoon when I am back in town and can take off work to receive the door (because I cannot move a 350 door that they intend to leave on my doorstep). On Friday morning I check the website and yes it does show the door is scheduled to arrive between 2-6 and it says I'll receive a 30 minute pre-call. At 5 o'clock still no door so I call the company again. They now tell me the door is scheduled for delivery between 8-12.

When I try to find out what happened Non Stop Delivery puts me through to their local carrier (Manko in Tampa, FL) who rudely tells me they had too much on the truck and it wouldn't fit and that the instructions to leave the door on a dry spot on the property are from Home Depot and they are not required to reschedule with me. So now after two weeks I still have a damaged door which hasn't been picked up or credited from my card and I cannot get the door I ordered. My contractor has completed all the other work and I have a 350 lb door that is going to be delivered on Monday on my property for me to try to find someone to move into my garage until I can get the contractor back.

So at this point what do I think should be done? Well if I were Home Depot and I valued my customers I would probably immediately call Manko and tell them not to deliver the door and then I would search for a better partner than Non Stop Delivery who knows how to pick local carriers that will represent Home Depot properly. I would send one of my stores (in one of the trucks that I rent out) to pick up the door from Manko and then call and schedule a delivery and a pick up with me. I doubt that is what will happen. Tomorrow I will probably call Home Depot to find out that my pickup either isn't scheduled or it is scheduled through Manko who will cancel at some point during the day when they find out their truck is too full.

I will probably have to hire someone to come to my home and move the door they drop off on Monday into my garage and hope that it isn't damaged and I don't end up having to return two doors and go through this process again. I'm not really sure about anything with Home Depot but this is what I do know. I'm going to contact American Express to dispute the charge on the damaged door and then I'm going to start doing business with Lowe's. This is the worst customer service experience I've ever had with a store I've dealt with.

Original review: March 30, 2017

I went to purchase a storm door for my back door. Paid for the door and installation on Friday. The guy came out to do measurements on Monday. He wasn't at my home for 5 minutes, took a picture of the door then left. No measurements or anything. Just said HD would contact me after he sends them the picture of my door. I question him... Was that it? He stated that the door was standard and everything looks fine. Wednesday HD calls me to tell me that the guy found that the my door frame was too wide, he needs to build a frame and a threshold. I questioned them... the guy said everything was fine. They said in order for them to install my door it would be another $287. I refuse to pay and demanded a refund. (Which didn't happen.)

They said I would have to wait until the next business day b/c the door was a special order. Which was not! But with no other choice... I'm waiting. Customer service at HD was very poor. No one seemed to care about anything I was saying. After all that had happened, I understand why they wasn't phased. I got home, pulled up the reviews and there is nothing but complaints about HOME DEPOT. I decided to go with a well known company to get the best service possible and was sadly disappointed with HD. The installers they use are rip offs and HD is ok with that. HOW DARE!

Original review: March 28, 2017

On 3/5/17 I ordered a shower door through the Home Depot website. It was a product that they don't carry in stock so it had to be shipped from California. I quickly received the email that the product was ordered with an eta on delivery (3/17/17). So on the 8th I received another email saying it had been ordered at 5:50 pm in Perris California which is one of their own warehouses I later learned. The next week goes by and even though it hasn't had any updates on the door it still says the 17th so I was optimistic it would still arrive on time. 17th passes with no door (mind you its 5' tall and 3' wide and kinda hard to miss) so I call the Home Depot to check the status and they told me that it was shipped to the Estes delivery service already and was out of their hands.

Their rep told me she would inquire with Estes and call me back once the status of the door had been resolved. Before hanging up with them I got the contact info for Estes to call them myself. After waiting on hold for half hour I finally got someone who told me they honestly weren't sure and once their west coast branch opened she would have someone contact me. That was the 21st, days go by with no callback or email with a status or update.

I had a lot going on that week and didn't call immediately back to inquire, I assumed that between Home Depot and Estes that they would figure it out. So finally I called Estes and sat on hold for over an hour just to be told that they're not sure where it is and they think it was never received let alone shipped! Frustrated I then called Home Depot to see if there was any truth or if they were simply blaming each other til it was resolved. After being on hold 45 minutes and talking with and being transferred 3 times, they finally told me that Perris was their own warehouse and it simply never was sent to be shipped. They suggested that I cancel the order and then reorder the door and wait for it to come. I told her how I literally can't shower in my bathroom I just redid because of the door that was suppose to be here almost 2 weeks prior. She could sense I was beyond frustrated and transferred me to a "customer resolution specialist".

So 5 minutes later I get this guy named Sergio. He asks what the issue is and I simply told him that "You didn't send my door in a timely manner, you basically pawned off the problem to the shipping company until it was proven it was clearly Home Depot's mistake and also took my money on the 10th of March and then never delivered on their end of the transaction." He told me he understood my frustration and could offer me a 10% discount for the inconvenience. I replied with "I will take the discount but I want it to be shipped next day so I can finally finish my shower doorless bathroom." He sarcastically replied that they don't and won't do that! Harder and harder to keep composure I told him just to ship my door. I told him that I typically use Lowe's but heard good things about this Dreamline shower door and that was the only reason I even used them.

I will never use them again and I can not believe a multi billion dollar business would play the blame game over a $300 door. I wasn't expecting a free door or anything like that, I just wanted them to overnight the door and right their wrong!! Which they failed miserably and because of that I'll be waving Lowe's blue from now on!

Original review: March 26, 2017

Several years ago I purchased a exterior front door in a woodgrain style from Home Depot. Now it fading and peeling away the woodgrain look. Exterior metal door looks mildewed and faded. How do I fix it or have it fixed?

Original review: March 25, 2017

I have ordered two doors thru Home Depot Door and Windows Dept in West Windsor NJ on Aug 31st 2016 paying close to $5000. The store gave me an installation schedule for October 1st. Next two months I spent visiting the store and calling to find out when the doors will be delivered and installed. The order was lost several times and no one knew where and when are the doors. Finally on November 7th the doors came in without handles. The Feather River door which was ordered in pure white paint came in gray and was different from frame color.

Original review: March 9, 2017

Over eight years ago we ordered a custom front door through Home Depot and arranged for installation to be completed. The installer visited our home and provided the specific measurements for the door prior to the door being ordered. When the installer, that measured the door, arrived to complete the installation he informed us the door was too big and he could not complete the installation. We made other arrangements and the door was installed. Just recently the glass in the side panel broke. We contacted Home Depot and thankfully they were able to locate our original order. A new panel was ordered and, again, arrangements were made to have a Home Depot installer install the new panel.

The installer contacted me yesterday and advised me he would arrive between 10am-12noon to complete the installation but would call me prior to arriving. I did not receive a call at the number provided but later learned that again this installer was not qualified to install the side panel. This is despite my card not only be charged once, but twice, for the installation. When my husband and I arrived home this evening we learned the panel was never removed from the cardboard box. The installer did make sure to leave the deadbolt open when slamming the door leaving a chunk of wood missing from the side trim.

It has become quite apparent that the installers contracted by Home Depot have very limited abilities and should not be expected to install any projects that involve any complexity. My husband has already removed the panel from the cardboard box and will complete the installation. I am hopeful the two charges for the installation will be credited to my card.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2017

Not a Home Depot installer -- Was scheduled for a measurement for preordering exterior door. It was supposed to be between 8 am & 11 am. I had to call the person from the company that called me a few days prior, not from HD. Got a call from guy that was behind and was going to be an hour late. Got here. Not even here for 5 minutes. Got call from HD few days later telling us we need to order a specialty door. NOT TRUE. We built our home 25 years ago and the door that is in there is standard! We had this confirmed.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

Fraudulent type practice at Home Depot. I am an older person. I purchased a front door, side lights (both sides) and a good quality storm door. That was in October of 2016. My total cost I paid (upfront-mandatory) over $3,200.00 with installation and permits. It took the manufacturer like 8 weeks, then the one (yes one) installer took a couple of weeks off but could finally fit me in on January 13th. Today. Great. Finally. He even called and said he'd be here by 1:00. I took the day off work (2 jobs). The local (Troy, MI) store just called me. There is a defect in the door that was sent. Are you kidding me? Why wasn't this checked right away? It's not something they do.

Now, I have to wait another 2-3 months or more for the replacement door. Also, I have to schedule the installer once the door comes in. If there's a problem with the new door, they wait until installation day to find a problem, if there is one. Then the whole process needs to start again. Home Depot has had all that money all this time. That is a fraudulent practice, horrible customer service, and I won't stop here. I plan to warn as many people as possible not to shop here for any products that need to be ordered or installed by their contractors.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

(Total lack of customer service, support, and or consideration of customer concerns.) As a previous Home Depot employee, I am shocked at the treatment that my wife and I endured over a simple purchase and install of 3 Andersen storm door at the south Allentown Pa. #4140 store. My wife and I special ordered 1 storm door and purchased 2 in stock storm doors on Oct. 20, 2016. We were hoping for an easy purchase and install. WRONG!!! The Home Depot associates called, after measurements, and told us that the install date would occur Dec. 20, 2016. Wow, what a great christmas gesture, and it's not even halloween yet. So, I was hesitant. However, I agreed!

The ordering seemed to be the easy part. Oh by the way, we paid for the install and doors on Oct. 20, 2016. Dec. 20, 2016 came, I was at work. My wife came home from work early, to accommodate the installers and to make sure that there was someone available in case something went wrong. Wrong it did!! My wife and installers noticed numerous mfg. defects on all the Andersen storm doors. The installers put blue tape on all the defects and ask Home Depot to exchange the storm doors, which they did. The second set of storm doors were just as bad as the first. The installers and my wife took pictures of the defects. The installers ask that these storm doors be returned. It is now almost 4 pm and getting dark, no more doors or enough lite to install the doors.

The installers were awesome. Finally the installers cared and obviously this time Home Depot didn't. The installers told me that within 24 hrs. someone from south Allentown Pa. 34140 store would call us. Wrong!!! After three days of waiting I called and left a message for someone to get back with me. Finally after 6 days of waiting, an associate, which I will not name, finally called me back. I was told by the associate that he was waiting for the rep. to look at the doors, and I can't expect a perfect door. I just wasted $ 1300.00 on storm doors and install, I damn well better get perfect storm doors.

I waited, called numerous times at this Home Depot store and finally on Jan. 4, 2017, "Happy New Year," and was told that the doors were just hangable. WHATTT!!! I called the Home Depot Customer Care # 1-800-654-0688 at least six times. At the H.D. cust., we don't care about. I talked to Shumelya, and explained my issues. Shumelya seemed very concerned and ask me what type of compensation I was asking for. I told her, she then said "I will call you back between 24 to 48 hrs. with a resolution." This was on Dec. 22, 2016 and I am still waiting for a return call.

On Dec. 26 called again and spoke to associate Ext. # ** and asked for a return call by a manager. Jan. 6, 2017 still waiting for a return call. On Jan. 4 called and talked to associate Ext. # ** Trista and she put me on top priority to call me back within 24 to 48 hrs. I asked her also to call me back by Jan 6, 2017 by 5 pm with an answer, "We're working on it" or something. It is now Jan 6, 2017 7:45 pm. and no call back. Shocked!!! So lesson well learned, no customer care at Home Depot, just give us your money, and we will lie, false promise customers to death. Tomorrow morning I am going to the store to get a full refund, hopefully, with no more major issues. Both finger crossed!!!

I worked for Home Depot for 14.6 yrs., left 7 years ago. Glad I did, and boy has Home Depot turned into the yugos of home improvement centers. This is a culture shock that still stings. I must say that the store managers that I was fortunate to work with would be appalled at these actions and circus show from the associates, customer care center, and pathetic attitude towards paying customers. If I need a 2 cent washer, broken bag mulch, manure, top soil, or Home Depot's ever famous bowed, twisted, cole lumber, I will always stop here. However, if I need a special order door or anything of real value Lowe's is the place for me now!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

The Home Depot door installers use a bait and switch scam. I went to the Vacaville store and priced a door and installation. I was charged $50.00 for a home evaluation which confirmed that the door would fit. The installer then told me he would not install the door for the price charged by home depot. If I did a lot of the finish work myself and took care of the alarm wires it would only be a few hundred more. I was then sent a new "estimate." This included a completely different door from the one I had chosen.

The price went up from $2,000.00 to $6,000.00. When I went back to the store to see what had happened I was told that the only brand of door that didn't leak in the rain was Anderson so they had changed doors. I was also told if I didn't pay the extra $4,000.00 they would not guarantee the work. This is an obvious scam which I did not expect from a company like Home Depot. The consumers need to be warned about doing business with them.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

I purchased a set of special order French doors on October the 26th of this year and was told the doors would take 2 to 3 weeks. I was given a delivery date 3 separate times by the service desk and every time I contacted them about my doors I was told they weren't on the truck. I went in to the store in early December and spoke to the store manager and was told at that time that I told the manufacturer that I didn't want them until December the 27th. I finally gave up and bought two single doors and a casing kit and made my own French doors due to frustration.

I myself work for a contractor that does home services for the Home Depot and told the store manager that this wouldn't be accepted if our company didn't do what we were contracted to do in a timely fashion so why is it that the door manufacturer was allowed to get away with this. The manager looked at me and said don't go threatening him. I then told him I wasn't threatening anything because I was nothing more than employee and I had nothing to do with my employer’s relationship with the Home Depot.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

Loved a front door... paid the $30 for measurements... made an appt. He was so overbooked... then he said he will be here 9-11am on Dec 9th. Called and called to confirm. Never any answer. Went to work, called again, no answer. Then he called and said he would be at the house at 12ish. REALLY I WORK TOO. I can't leave work for 2 hours and go back...unbelievable! HOME DEPOT needs more installers... I going somewhere else because he is so overwhelmed... Why do you need somebody HOME for FRONT DOOR.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I had placed custom door order on October 23, and was told will be in the store in 2-3 weeks. I called after few days and was told coming on November 17, 2016 Thursday. I called back in the morning on November 17, 2016 Thursday and was told, "It is coming today. Call back in the evening." When I called back in the evening I was told it will be another 3 weeks and coming on December 1. I had talked to door/window associate named Sam. He was extremely rude rather than being cooperative. I talked to manager Fu-Sheng, he called me back and said due to holiday on Thursday November 24 it is getting delayed for 2 weeks, which is ridiculous and beyond any normal reasoning.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

Ordered and paid for a special order entry door and installation for my house in May 2016. Installers set a Sunday date to install. About an hour into installation I noticed the door was not made correctly as it swung in the wrong direction. I brought this to the installer's attention, who seemed baffled by it, and told them to remove and reinstall the original door. I went to Home Depot and recounted the issue. I was told that they would have to reenter the order the next day but that the assistant manager would follow up. After no follow up I began calling. I was told that the order would be entered and expedited. I was never allowed to speak with anyone further up in management than the special order manager. I was assured that the order would be expedited. I found later that the order would take 5 weeks. I called customer service and was told they would see that the order was expedited.

Home Depot finally admitted they entered the order incorrectly with the manufacturer. The next installer set a date to install and after taking a day off work to meet them I found that the door was the wrong size and couldn't be installed. I called and emailed Home Depot several time and could not get a satisfactory response. After countless inquiries I was told by store employees as well as customer service that Home Depot would certainly refund some of my money to account for the errors on their part.

4 months after I paid for this door, which was standard size and selected from the manufacturer's catalog, I took yet another day off to meet installers. The door was installed and I found that the top of the door was left unfinished. (I paid for a painted door.) I again sent email to Home Depot customer service to let them know the door was in and even though it was not finished correctly, I would keep it. Home Depot never contacted me again. I tried sending a week later and received silence. I contacted the Better Business Bureau and filed a case. The case was sent to Home Depot and they were to respond within 30 days. They did not. They were given another 10 days to respond and they did not. I have received no contact from Home Depot.

From the time I paid until the time I had a front door was 4 months. There was never an issue with payment as I paid in full the first day I placed the order. Unfortunately once Home Depot has your money they have little to no motivation to deliver promised goods or services. Their customer service from day one asked, "how much do you want to make you happy?" I said "I want my door first." They then said, "ok, let's get you the door and then we can determine how much you should be compensated." Let the buyer beware when it comes to purchasing anything special order from Home Depot. The store employees can only do so much to help and they do not seem to want to let you have access to an actual manager. Customer service could not care any less whether they keep your business or not.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I purchased a door on 10/5/16, kept in contact through the building process, as I need delivery by 11/4/16. On 10/28/16 I was told the door would be delivered to the delivery company on 11/1/16 and they would contact me for delivery. I was contacted later that same day by the delivery company and told my door would be delivered 11/4/16 and I would need to be there to sign. Today is 11/4/16 and at 1:30 I still had not heard from the delivery company. I called Clopay and was told they had me scheduled for delivery and gave me a phone number to call. They said nobody had answered when they tried but to give it an hour and keep trying them, to get a delivery time. I said that was unacceptable and told them to look into my delivery, get the requested information and call me back.

I received a phone call 1.5 hours later from a manager telling me my door would not be delivered, as it was damaged in transit to the delivery company days ago. Excuse me, your rep just told me it was out for delivery. The Clopay rep then went on to blame everything on the third-party delivery company which I could not believe. Clopay damaged the door in transit and Clopay neglected to inform their customer, not the delivery company. I am now informed the replacement parts will hopefully arrive in two weeks, the door will then be repaired and then delivered. Because Clopay neglected to call me and explain the issue, I will now have to take a different day off work to accept delivery and am out $322. My $557 door has now cost me $879.

I posted to the Home Depot Facebook page and was asked to send them all of my information, so they could look into the matter. I posted to the Clopay facebook page and was told they would review the recorded phone calls. I replied back, saying that'd be great and to make sure the reviewed the calls from October 28 as well. Neither company has since responded back.

Resolution response: Oct. 12, 2016

Home Depot customer service contacted me and offered another contractor to come to my home. I feel that this issue is being resolved promptly and professionally.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2016

The contractors that Home Depot in Spring Hill, TN use is JD Doors. They are not professional and won't show up to measure your doors to begin the purchase and installation process. JD Doors will schedule a "convenient" time for you and then call at the last possible minute to tell you how inconvenient it is for them to come to your house for the measure. I refuse to shop at Home Depot now because of JD Doors. I will be spending my hard earned money someplace else. Thanks for NOTHING!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2016

I wanted 2 new patio doors for my home. The Home Depot installer came to my home to take measurements and, after he submitted the measurements to the store, I went back to the local (North Kansas City) Home Depot to get professional help for the purchase. A doors specialist used Home Depot (HD) software to design the doors, with the measurements that had been provided by the installer. I picked the colors I wanted and paid for the doors. Installation was scheduled for 3 weeks after the purchase. One week after the purchase, another Home Depot doors professional called the to let me know that the Home Depot doors professional who had used the HD software to design my doors, had made a mistake and sold me doors that would not fit in my house; if I wanted the right doors, I would have to pay an additional $1100 (on top of what I had already paid)...

When I went to the store to talk to a very condescending manager about the issue, I was treated like dirt: She wanted to charge me a 15% restocking fee because she claimed I was the one who decided not to purchase the doors (I still wanted the doors but I was not willing to pay an additional $1100 for a mistake that the store made); She refused to do anything to fix the situation and treated me like the whole thing had been my wrong doing; When I told the manager that her lack of care was going to cost the store a customer, she simply replied with a "Oh, well." I still do not have my patio doors and I do not plan on returning to Home Depot for any of my purchases until the store compensates me for THEIR mistake.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

We bought a door from HD, Peak Installations came in to install it. We have had frost on the inside for 3 years in a row. The have come each time and replaced the weatherstripping and the problem continues. We are currently litigating in court. When you read satisfaction guaranteed at Home Depot that means litigation. What a horrible company to deal with and their contractor Peak Installations are even worse. They did not even have a lawyer in court, the guy came in wearing jeans. Unbelievable. BEWARE, DO NOT BUY FROM HOME DEPOT.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

I had my 3 entry ways measured for 3 doors. This task was completed by the installer. Therefore I went in to Home Depot to complete the purchase order 6/4/16. The whole process took about 3 hours to go over exactly what I needed, 1 Storm door for front along with a new door, 1 storm door for the back along with a new door, French doors for the walk out basement. The 3 hour conversation revolved around the sets of doors as explained and nowhere in that discussion was anything else. The process to purchase to install took about 2 months.

The day of install came and the first thing the installer mentioned was the French doors were smaller than the measured rough opening and he would have to build it out. This was never discussed with me during ordering phase and the install was fine but having a doors smaller than the measured opening looks like garbage. The install of the back door went fine. The front door... Where is the front door? I had explicitly stated what I wanted and did not get and was never ordered. When talking to the store manager the during the time frame of ordered the purchaser spoke to the person that wrote the order. It was noted in the system that "the customer did not want the front door." This is not the case AND no call was made to me pertaining to this discrepancy. So I went back into the store to discuss the matter with the MOD.

The only thing possible was to order a door that should have been ordered to begin with. My first inclination is to yank all the doors out and credit my account with 0 charges to me (further explanation down) and start over with a different vendor. The MOD kept on asking how he could keep my business. First off Management 101 doesn't ask the customer what can he provide, the manager provides a solution and the best options to the matter. The reason why I am so livid about the matter is because within the 2 month time period June/July I had scheduled twice to have Home Depot come out and replace my Furnace/AC and no one had shown up. Specifically this store gets 0 stars for incompetence but I have to enter at least 1 in order to submit the form.

Original review: July 7, 2016

I'd would give no stars if it was possible. This door purchase and installation process was a terrible experience with terrible customer service from start to finish, and I would not recommend it to my worst enemy. I started the process with Home Depot on April 25 and the door was just installed yesterday, July 6...almost 2.5 months to have a simple storm door installed! I could barely get in touch with the installation department to schedule measurements or the installation, because they never answer their phone or respond to messages or just simply call at all.

When the door was ordered and shipped to the store, I never received a call to notify me it was there, so I could schedule a time to finally install it. I had to be the one to call to see what the hold up was after several weeks. It turned out the door had been delivered to the Home Depot store days ago, but no one had bothered to inform me. Their ordering and installation process is stupid and convoluted, but it could have taken just a few weeks... instead it took over 2 months.

The final straw was yesterday when the contractor finally came to install the door. When the installation was finished, he left the gate to the fence wide open. My dog is a flight risk (the very reason for having a fence and installing a storm door that will swing close), so when I let her outside and she saw the gate was open, she took off down the road. I was able to get her back in the fence after about 5-10 minutes, but it was a miracle she didn't get hurt or killed by a car...drivers fly down my road. I cannot understand why you would not close a fence's gate when you know a dog lives in that home? He apologized, but by that point, I was very angry and fed up with the entire process. So to make a long story short, do not bother with buying a door and especially having it installed by the Home Depot and their installation department. It is absolutely not worth the hassle!

Original review: April 25, 2016

The project was ordered on April 16th, 2015. It is almost 4 months since. The door was measured wrong or the data was "entered" wrong. Anyhow, the door that showed up a month later was the wrong size. The installers who came in measured and said it could not be installed. I received no status updates from HD regarding what was supposed to happen next.

I had to call several times, visit the store and repeatedly ask for the store manager. He seemed concerned but told me a couple of things. One that it is ok to have installed the incorrectly sized door and two the person who made the sale was not the best person and that I should talk to the "dispatcher". I had to ask who it was and how I could talk to them.

Eventually I got a name. Called her and it seemed like the response was genuine and she was all over how it will be fixed. However, the communication was still bad and I had to be the one repeatedly calling to find out what was going to happen and when we could eventually finish the project. I was promised that the door would be arriving on the 28th of July. And since then I have not been able to get a hold of HD. Well, I did get to talk to someone and she (not the original "dispatcher" this time) just said that the installers should be calling and it is not a HD problem at this point.

I feel that spending the time and money with HD to get this done has been a nightmare and the worst part is that HD does not seem to care that this is a bad experience rather just business as usual. I would appreciate some acknowledgement of the issue and some sign from HD that it does not take this as business as usual. I have a few other projects coming up and I would definitely not consider HD to be a vendor of choice for the projects - building materials or service at this time. Kitchen remodel, doors, windows, window treatments, floors and appliances are all due to be changed.

Even mentioning this does not seem to elicit any interest in the store personnel. They are only concerned about their "department" and who cares if the store does not get new business. While store sales and staff behave this way, I find it amusing that there are marketing folks on the store floor who keep wanting to engage me for many of the projects mentioned above. Overall it looks like HD needs to get its various groups together and focus on delivering value for the customer instead of making promises on the marketing and sales fronts and failing badly on the execution front. Does not make for a very happy experience.

Finally the correct door came in and was installed by a completely different crew (2 guys). They just stuffed whatever had been delivered. A few pieces that were delivered were left over unopened and the guys said they did not what do with them. One that caught my interest was a roll of weatherproofing tape about 4 inches wide. I guess I will find out what it is needed for a few years down the line.

The whole process was really about how terrible the communication was and how little HD seemed to want to handle any calls around this. Had to tweet and got an immediate response. That part seems to work. Any issues with HD - tweet, post on FB or other very public, highly visible social forums. They worry more about being known as bad than being bad.

In the end the store manager wanted to settle the complaint and asked what I wanted. I said a better experience and some way for HD to show that it cares. He again asked "How much?" I wanted my installation refunded as it was the part that took the longest time. Ended up getting a portion of it back. Win - I suppose. Too much hassle to deal with HD on the service. Products may be, but definitely not service. I stick to local owned service providers who can be reached easily now for all my projects.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2016

We bought a mirrored closet door for our bedroom. About a month after installing, mirrored glass separated from the door and narrowly missed my baby's bassinet! The mirror was held to the door with only glue. No screws whatsoever! Even the casing around the mirror is held on only with glue. After attempting to review the product many times over several months and multiple telephone calls to customer service and editing of my review, they still keep refusing to post my review. They obviously want to sweep this under the carpet so they can continue selling this product without question!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2016

I have ordered my 5th door now. They have broken 3 of them and keep telling me how fragile they are. If they were so fragile they would break on your house all the time. Still waiting for the refund from the last one and paid for the next one. They fooled around enough that I think I will miss the window of time to get it installed for free again. So going to cost me $500 if they get the door here. Only one man showed up to deliver the broken door. These doors are heavy and they should be lifted with 2 people. They keep breaking them because of the stress of one person trying to lift one. Instead they keep using the same delivery business that just keeps breaking them.

When I went looking for my undelivered door, 4 hours later the truck was here with the broken door. The delivery guy said he was told to deliver it right away even if it was already broken. I took a single half glass door over 1200 miles in the back of my caddy and didn't break it. How fragile is that?? I should be getting a door for free but nope keep paying for broken ones. Why they can't ship it to the local store and deliver it from there I don't know?? I don't have a cell phone this month because I used all my minutes looking for my broken door. Yes Home Depot gave me the number and told me to find it myself. Told once in awhile they break a door?

Home Depot Doors Company Information