Home Depot Doors
1.22/5
Based on 138 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a home improvement contractor?

Home Depot Doors

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

213 Home Depot Doors Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

My wife and I purchased two entry doors and two storm doors for home on August 31. Initially, we were promised they would be installed prior to Thanksgiving which didn’t happen. The installation was scheduled for today December 3, 2018. However, when the installer arrived he pointed out to me that the first door had several marks where the paint was scratched. The door looked horrible. So my options were fixing myself and get discount, wait another three months for the same door to be rebuilt or cancel the entire order.

Because I didn’t wanna wait another three months I canceled the entire order, $4300. The local Home Depot manager didn’t offer to expedite another door. Apparently the sale wasn’t that important to them. This is after already spending over $8000 on new windows. I also took a day off of work for the installation. Also a complete waste of time from the ordering to the installation. I guess Home Depot so big but they don’t care about the small consumers. I will be taking my business elsewhere. I suggest you do the same.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I purchased an Andersen door in March 2018. Glass panel was put in by installers. I took it out for summer and put screen in with no problem. I stored the door flat. When I went to put it back in it would not go. Called salesman. He told me he would talk to the person who schedules installations. She told him she would contact installers. Still no word from anyone. Terrible customer service. Don't buy anything that needs installing. I Paid $500 for the door. The least they could do is give good customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I ordered a screen door in May and asked for install. Before it's put on the contractor tells me I need a new door also. I ordered that as well and had it installed. It is now almost October and still no screen door installed. Between them ordering and delays and throwing out parts that had to be reordered I am still waiting. The staff at the Deptford NJ store seem casual and unconcerned every time I check on the status. I took off on Monday because they finally had the vendor resend the lost frame and the subcontractors sends me an email late Sunday (didn't see till after waiting for hours on Monday) that they would not be out and someone would call me within 48 hours. Well it's been a whole week and haven't heard a peep. Poor customer service at the store and contractors. Never again!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

All I can say is be careful when purchasing any beautiful exterior vinyl doors with the sunburst glass above. I had a few screws that were hanging out when I arrived back to the job site so I went ahead and removed all the screws took off the plastic glass frame and behold NO Seal of any kind. If this went undone there would absolutely be drafts in the house. Careful!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

All I can say is be careful when purchasing any beautiful exterior vinyl doors with the sunburst glass above. I had a few screws that were hanging out when I arrived back to the job site so I went ahead and removed all the screws, took off the plastic glass frame and behold NO seal of any kind. If this went undone there would absolutely be drafts in the house. Careful!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

First I have to say that is totally frustrating that so many items in home renovation stores have so much of their stock available online only. We needed just a door knob. Just a basic bedroom doorknob and of course it was only available online. We ordered it anyhow and here we are 3 weeks later and no door knob. We received a message from Home Depot yesterday just to tell us that the doorknob is on its way to their store, probably from back east, and will take a couple of more weeks to get to our local store. Lovely service when you have to wait over a month just to get a lousy door knob!!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Never have I experience such unprofessionalism and sloppiness in my entire life... I ordered 7 custom doors (spent over $3,000) from the Home Depot in Cranberry Township and experienced the following: Waited over THREE MONTHS for the doors to deliver and ANOTHER month to be installed. Two doors were not custom, they were stock. One storm door was completely wrong. I had to call off work two days instead of one after the job took longer than they expected. They broke my doorbell. One of our doors barely closes months later. The overall installation was incredibly sloppy.

With that being said, The Home Depot did refund two of my storm doors (total $308.04) and I am waiting on a response for the doorbell and door fix. However, as a result of such a horrible experience I will NEVER use The Home Depot for any kind of installation again and would certainly NEVER recommend anyone else use them either.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I ordered a custom steel door on April 29, 2018. The door was to come in about 2 to 3 weeks after ordering. We just picked up the correct door today. July 20, 2018. The reason for the extensive delay was because the wrong door came in the first time. The second time, it was not made to order. It was wrong. It was very frustrating. We were expecting out of town family. We wanted a new front exterior door before they arrived. The wrong door came and they were here before the right door came. The door was ordered three times before we got the right door and that was because of a gentleman employee, in which he truly made it happen for us. He normally worked at the Pro desk.

That last frustrating day, he happened to be at the service center. He assured me that we will get the correct door this time. He worked DILIGENTLY, VERY POLITE, PROFICIENT and PROFESSIONAL, at the same time. He was VERY METICULOUS and again, he assured me, that we will get the correct door this time. He was not fumbling at all. He truly knew what he was doing. He finished everything correctly and he allowed me to review the order. It was exactly what we wanted. He created the paperwork and told me the day that the door should arrive. Surely, again he was correct. The right door came in on time and we picked it up today July 20, 2018.

He is truly an asset to Home Depot. We have spent thousands of dollars at Home Depot over the years and we were ready to switch stores. Because of him, our confidence was restored in Home Depot, and we will not change stores now. We will continue to buy from Home Depot. He really deserves a raise. If I had anything to do with it, he would get a raise. I encourage you to see to it that he gets that raise. He did what the other employees did not or could not do. The day he worked this out for us was June 6, 2018.

The receipt number is **, time 6:57 p.m. His name is Michael. I do not have his last name. In addition, the Store Manager Robert **, who knows Michael, was great also. He, without hesitation, approved everything Michael did and just as Michael did, he apologized also and was very courteous. This is why I am writing this review. My wife agrees 100% with me also. Again, because of the outstanding performance of Michael, my wife and I, remain faithful customers of Home Depot.

Original review: July 10, 2018

More than 4 months I am struggling to complete the exterior door project with Home Depot. TWICE the brickmould trims came from the supplier 2 inches short. Home Depot fails to contact me. I have no support from Home Depot. I begging someone to help me.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Four days ago we had a sliding glass exterior doors installed. The installers did a great job, However, the salesperson (WHO IS SUPPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT THE PRODUCT) did not tell us that we had to step 'over' the vinyl (or metal... can't tell) plate that covers the tracking on the bottom of the door. I've already tripped over it and my 92 year old father is about to move in and we'll be having family members (some elderly and some children) here to visit. This is a hazard! I almost fell... We could be sued if someone does! No mention was made about this by salesperson from the Plaistow NH store! Richard **. Also, I was told I could get a BRUSHED NICKEL handle... It's not! It's white vinyl. Also, we don't have any warranty information. Just the sheet I signed stating "Job was completed to my satisfaction." Yes, installation was; however, THE 'DOORS' ARE NOT TO OUR SATISFACTION.

That 'rail' that sticks up on the bottom by the track was NEVER what we expected... We cannot believe that anyone would chance having that! Also, the screen that can be pushed over to exit the house on the deck CANNOT TOTALLY be pushed aside to allow full opening of the door to exit through it. Very small opening! We did not exit the door until after the installers left. Just opened and closed it from the inside.

A couple of days after that, we walked out and that's when we noticed the problems regarding the 'tripping hazard and the Screen Door. No one in his right mind would want 'that' type of door, again... never mentioned by sales associate! We'd like a new replacement instead of this model. We also had a window installed over the sink (which is fine). My reason for not rating with ONE STAR. This project costs us $4,628.25 (for a window and the slider doors). I emailed the Sales Associate, did not receive a reply. How should we proceed to be able to get a 'safe' door and fully opens? Thank you!

Original review: June 29, 2018

I am fairly patient, knowing how busy some of the HD employees can get. The short story is that after the third visit to the store, I was able to order a custom steel door, for which I was charged for immediately. Okay. So not every business waits until the item is shipped. After a week and a half, I get a call telling me that the door cannot be made due to the height being too small. I didn't get into it with the caller, as I know that she has nothing to do with it. She said that a credit would be made to my card. As of this writing, no credit issued. So, now I have to go back to the store again to have it cancelled. Lastly, why don't they have as part of the program a kickback to said that the dimensions of the door cannot be done?

Original review: June 20, 2018

I picked out a stick front door and asked about installation. Was told that it was a minimum $400 and could be quoted after I paid for a $40 site survey/measurement which would be refunded upon order. I was OK with that. Was told the entire process could take 6-8 weeks. I was not ok with that. I asked how to speed things up and was introduced to a Home Depot @home guy who said that I was lucky to meet him because he could not only do installation faster, but he could get me a better door because the Home Depot doors that I was looking at were very poor quality and would fall apart very quickly. He said his doors were much better quality than Home Depot. I asked why he was bad mouthing Home Depot in the store since he worked for them and he laughed and said that Home Depot corporate knows that he is doing this and are OK with it.

I called Home Depot corporate and was told that this was not a bait and switch and that I should bring my own contractor with me if I ever planned on shopping there again. Since I don't have my own contractor, I will never shop at Home Depot again. I will sell my small 3 thousand shares of stock and I will write more true stories about what has happened in the past that I no longer feel like ignoring.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Perhaps this was just our experience, but I truly don't believe that this was the case. I believe this is probably happening "across the board" with Home Depot - my bias opinion. My husband and I went to the Dixie Highway Home Depot in early May 2018 to purchase 2 doors (a security door for the FRONT, and a screen door for the BACK). When we got there, there was an elderly couple waiting for service, who said they had been waiting for quite some time (should have been our "omen"). We waited, along with them - took about 30 minutes before a sales clerk arrived. After the elderly couple placed their order (another 30 minutes or so), we proceeded to give the clerk our order on what we needed. We paid $30 for measurements to be done on both our FRONT/BACK doors.

We received a voice mail, about 3-4 days later, stating that unfortunately Home Depot couldn't provide us with a SCREEN door on the FRONT (not a security door as we requested), because it was not the "normal" size (though we were told at the store that it wouldn't be a problem) - NOTHING was mentioned about the BACK door. We went back to Home Depot twice to get everything resolved. Was told by the sales clerk that they could get us a FRONT security door even though it wasn't "normal" in size, and a BACK screen door, and that she couldn't understand why this "new guy" hadn't gotten measurements for both doors, as we had requested.

A month later, still nothing. Received 2 emails that had absolutely nothing to do with us (different account numbers - no dates). One email said we would hear from someone in 24 hours - that certainly didn't happen. Every time my husband spoke with someone on the phone, he was told they didn't know anything about it (4 different people). When he finally was able to speak to the original store clerk, she got us TOTALLY confused with other customers. Total incompetence. Total disrespect for their customer. Total disregard for their company. We just want our $30 back. Needless to say, I don't think we will be using Home Depot anymore.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I just had a really bad experience with Home Depot. I bought several thousand dollars of products from them to renovate my home which flooded during hurricane Harvey. I had the receipt to return 2 doors which didn't fit at the end of the project. It was past 90 days and they returned 50% of the amount I paid for them! I called the toll free main customer service number and they told me that Home Depot does not have to take returns after 90 days even with a receipt for things in original packaging. The store did me a 'favor' by giving me 50% of my money back. Please keep this in mind when you shop at Home Depot. I have bought several thousand dollars of stuff from them in the past and will no longer shop there.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I ordered a custom iron door from Home Depot ($4000). It took 6 months for them to fabricate the door. Once it finally arrived for installation, the packaging was opened to reveal a terribly damaged iron door due to improper packaging. Home Depot and the manufacturer were contacted and gave me the option to return the door and wait another 6 months for a new one with no guarantee that the next one won’t also be damaged! Poor customer service, takes too long, bad packaging... order your iron door from someplace else!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Ordered an entry door with two side panels on 8/6/2017, and as of 1/8/18, I am still without a front door! Home Depot guaranteed it would be in, and installed by the end of September when the original order was placed. The side panel doors were made incorrectly, reordered as a rush (told two weeks-took exactly seven weeks; longer than the original door). At the time the second door came in, it was inspected by JELD-WEN the manufacturer, as well as Home Depot, and we were assured it was PERFECT. Installation was scheduled (of which they could not install until 12/28 due to lack of having enough professional installers to accommodate their customers, as well as their lack of concern for what we have been through to have a new front door installed).

Off work and waiting for installer to arrive on 12/28 between 12 pm and 3 pm, only to be called at 11:50 am from the manager of Home Depot stating there was another issue with the second door. JELD-WEN (I suggest never ordering doors from this company) did not make the glass on the side panels the same size, so they would need to order a third door, which will take another four weeks. They also indicated they would reach out to the regional/district manager for JELD-WEN to see if there was anything they could do to expedite the order, or compensate us for the inconvenience. As the first experience of the rush reorder, no response or call from the manager after supposedly told they were reaching out to JELD-WEN (no call from them either, as they should have). I also contact JELD-WEN directly when the first reorder was to be rushed, and they had no record of a rush order at all.

I reached out to the Corporate office at Home Depot and placed a complaint about 10 days ago, in which I was advised someone would call me back Tuesday, or Wednesday of last week. I did not receive a return call as of Thursday, so I called and left a message with whom I placed the complaint with last Thursday, and still did not receive a return call. I called today, and told them at this point, the door should be free, and we should only be responsible for install. Home Depot states they cannot give any compensation or direction in regards to that until after the job is complete. They have no problem with accepting our payments on a door that I do not have. You can build a house or two within this time frame.

We have been more patient than most consumers would have been by now, but we have decided enough is enough, and we will be cancelling our order, obtaining a refund, and going elsewhere to do business... BUYER BEWARE, I would not recommend this company for the purchase of anything. Going back to Lowe's for all future shopping. We have had nothing but prompt, professional, caring service, as well as follow up and direction from the beginning from Lowe's, will NEVER do business with HOME DEPOT, or JELD-WEN again.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

We ordered the exterior door on 7/15/17. It took 6 weeks for someone to come out and measure. We then ordered the door. It took another month for it to arrive and we set up installation. Installer never showed. We called installer and he said he no longer worked for Home Depot. We called store and were told that another installer would be contacting us. 2nd installer called and scheduled install for 8 am on December 8th. At 10 am, we called to inquire and were told he was on his way. Approximately 20 minutes later he called to tell us the door was damaged and not able to be installed. The door was reordered.

We received an email on Dec. 27 saying that we needed to arrange to pick up the door. We called and were told that was an error. On Jan. 3 at 5 pm we received an email that said the installation was set up for Jan. 3 at 7 am. We had never received a call to set up this installation but obviously telling us 10 hours later of an appointment didn't work. We are still waiting for install date although current temps are below 10 degrees so we imagine this will be postponed at least a few days for that reason alone. Based on what we are seeing on reviews, this is not an isolated incident or out of the ordinary for Home Depot door installation. We even have an acquaintance who purchased a door at a different Home Depot near us and is having the same problem. I do not think they should sell/promote installation as an offering if they are not able to perform the service.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Ordered a security door on July 7, 2017. The door was installed incorrectly and slowly began falling, dragging, and scraping the brick entryway. Home Depot was notified and they have yet to correct the problem to this date, December 15, 2017. We are unable to use the front entryway to come into the house unless someone is able to lift the door as it's being opened.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Ordered new doors both entry way and storm doors - installer was late which was fine but ended up staying later than expected. The storm doors showed large gaps at the bottom between the concrete and the door (the ones I had on did not have gaps). Needless to say the air just seeps in. I call Home Depot and they say well the house is settling (has is 60 years old) - sorry already settled. They claim nothing they can do. Great storm doors that leak - defeating the whole purpose of storm doors. 6 months later the knobs falls off the entry door. I try to fix this but continues to happen. Finally I tighten and the problem is resolved - poor workmanship and I don't feel I got what I paid for.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

They contract their business and these people are terrible. First they come out to deliver and say it was the wrong glass color. Come out again and claim now they can't find the door. Third time they thought they already hung the door and just needed to install the glass. Fourth attempt supposedly the glass is still the wrong color, the stain will take another couple weeks to come in. We took numerous days off work, wasted hours of our time. Most unprofessional, inept place ever to deal with. This all went on from August to end of October. Incompetence doesn't even begin to describe them.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My wife went Home Depot in Freeport Long Island, NY and picked out a door that they had on display late summer 2017. The installer came to measure and said everything was a typical install. We received the paperwork that included the description of the work to be done. I noticed it said something about white aluminum cladding along with Brick Moulding.

On our second visit to pay, I told the associate at Home Depot that if the surrounding was to be white aluminum, I didn't want the door. I mean, who installs a $2,300 Therma-Tru door and surrounds it with cheap aluminum? I was told it would have matching wood around the door just like their floor displays and that was what the Brick Moulding was for. Install date came and noticed the door had the wrong window option after it was installed, and then caught the installers adding white aluminum around the door. I told them that I was told it would be matching, but they told me it was impossible due to the stone face.

Thinking that this was all just a misunderstanding and that the door was already installed, also believing Home Depot had great customer service, at least they used to, my wife signed off on the job figuring we would straighten it out later. I researched online for a while and contacted Home Depot about my issues. At this time I am told since I signed off on the job, there is nothing they will do to rectify this, I'm told I should have not accepted the door and had them try to put the old one back on.

It was also pointed out that the door was ordered correctly since the sales associate was incompetent and entered the SKU in wrong and I didn't catch it on the paperwork, even after my wife pointed to the door that first day and said this is the door we want, it was still entered incorrectly. So the lesson here everyone is never, ever sign off on a job that was done by Home Depot, even if you like the installer and the job seems to be to satisfaction. This will allow you ample time to properly inspect and research that everything was done to your liking. Otherwise, like me, they will throw that back in your face. Hope this helps others.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

On March 18, 2017, I contracted with Home Depot to install Windows and Doors in my home. They installed the job on June 19. They did not have the right color for one of the screen doors. However, they said it would be here in 3-4 weeks. Sometime near the first of August, they came to install the door, but it was the wrong color so I did not accept it.

Around the middle of August, they came with a screen door still the wrong color and I did not accept it. They said the correct door would be here around the last week in August, no door arrived. They said the door would be here early September, no door arrived, they said the door would be here middle of September, no door arrived. They said the door would be here September 19, no door arrived. At this point, I am highly upset with Home Depot, and I have filed a complaint with Consumer Affairs. My advice, only use Home Depot if you want to wait months for the job to be completed and be highly frustrated in the process.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I recently purchased French doors and a wood door at the Home Depot store. The sales person did it online. When they totaled it up there were several shipping charges. I cancelled the order and said my contractor would come and pick the doors up at the store to save the shipping fee. The order was cancelled. To date I have only received the refund for the small door and not the French doors. I have contacted Home Depot many times by email and received one response about the small door but never about the larger charge for the French doors. I have sent them copies of all the refund paperwork, confirmation number etc and have not received my Money back after three weeks. I would love some suggestions. I am out of the country right now so I can't go to the store.

Original review: July 17, 2017

Bought a Full Lite door online under the impression they'd have it on the job site in the time they said they would. However it was delayed with no notification to me. Called their resolution team who can't handle customer complainants well even though that would seem to be your job. Transferring me to another department without telling me to handle a problem that I didn't make. Door had to then be held at their shipping thermal until the next time I could be in site to receive it. Called to make sure everything was in track since I figured they would keep me updated or informed. And I was right because they had shipped the door to a Home Depot store and not the shipping address.

So now I have to go to the store. Rent a truck to deliver the door to the project site. But the door was not ready to leave the store when I got there. I had to wait another hour plus until I could take it. Through this whole process I wasted so much of my time trying to figure out what Home Depot was doing. Home Depot does not know how to keep their customers informed or resolve issues. This is the last time I will deal with them. You are better off finding a good lumber supplier who have more experience and professionalism. Do not risk your business by giving them business. It's not worth the time and aggravation.

Original review: July 15, 2017

On July 3,2017, I purchased this door from this Home Depot store over the phone. I originally went to the Home Depot store near me store # 0210 and saw a door on display SKU # 1002-347-402 but they did not have any in stock at the moment. They located the door at the DEERWOOD store (same SKU #) and I made the purchase over the phone. On the following day my installers picked up the door and brought it to my house. First the door at the 0210 store had frosted glass. The one that we received was clear and had about 5 defects. My old front door was already removed and it was raining on that day. After spending almost 2 hrs. on the phone with Home Depot store 6976 and no decision by Home Depot the was installed.

After spending 8 days dealing with Home Depot and Masonite warranty department and no fixing I called Home Depot Corporate claims and the store manager contacted me saying that they were going to credit my account for the purchase of this door. Now I have a defective door which I already had pay for the installation and I will have to buy a new door and pay for the installation again. Lesson be very careful in dealing with Home Depot especially store 6976 DEERWOOD in Miami, FL and when buying Masonite products at Home Depot. Home Depot also mentioned that they had to remove 7 doors from the inventory at this store because of DEFECTS. I feel that Home Depot should had replaced the door with a good door and handle the installation.

Original review: July 14, 2017

The Home Depot Home Services department doesn't follow up at all. I called with a service order on July 3, 2017. I fully recognize it was the day before the July 4 holiday. I was told someone would call me within 48 hours to set up a date/time for service (door repair) to be conducted. Today is July 13, 2017 and NO ONE from Home Depot Home Services has called although I have called back three times since then. I fully did not expect a phone call immediately around the holiday. However, it is now 10 days later (WAY more than 48 hours).

Every time I call, I'm put on hold with the Representative coming back and telling me they have left a message with the regional manager who will call me back. This is all BS pure and simple. When I ask for a direct number I'm told they are not allowed to give the number out. Again, this is all BS. Installation was problematic, but ultimately done well and to my satisfaction. I'm happy with the doors and windows, but not with the follow-up service. It simply doesn't exist... I will call again tomorrow and I'm sure I will get the same response with no call back at all.

Original review: June 8, 2017

I would like to begin with stating that prior to this I have enjoyed working with Home Depot and would like to continue to. We had fencing installed for our home. I purchased flooring for our entire house, as well as purchased many items and other installations for our property and others. A couple hiccups but all in all good results in the end. However there are some major issues with how the stores are run and how the customer is treated when ridiculous issues arise. I would like to take you through the last 8 months of trying to get the correct doors in my house.

First attempt to install. 3 of the 4 doors were incorrect. Installer stripped the set screw in my entry door (only door that was right). Requested that they send replacement hardware. Left a nail sticking outside the frame. Requested for the hardware to be left so we would have it for the next install. Said no they had to take them back to store.

Second attempt, asked to check the doors before setting up a date for install. Was told "not necessary". Asked if the hardware for my front door would be changed as well. Was told "Yes". All doors incorrect again even after I asked for them to be measured prior. Did not come with any of the hardware and said they did not have any notes that the front door hardware was to be replaced. Missed another day of work.

Third attempt, doors incorrect again. Again I had requested to come and measure them. Told "not necessary". Storm door not even ordered. Accepted the doors under the pretense that there was to be compensation. Installer messed up my flooring and scuffed my deck. Lost another day of work. Final install, May. Everything went fine. So I thought.

Now the compensation that we were offered was $750. That is absurd and I am insulted. With all the grief, all the days I wasted of my vacation time, all the money I have spent over the last few years with Home Depot, easily over $20,000 just on my personal home not to mention other properties. I let them know that I did not find that as an acceptable resolution. They called back the next day and said, We don't care we have your money. I couldn't believe it.

I have reached out to the district Managers and other higher personnel and had no response. Including Steve **, Jason **, Ryan ** and Brian**. I was told that these individuals were given my information as I was not allowed to be given their contact information. Eventually Ryan contacted me. After speaking with the District Manager I was then offered $1000. That would not even cover half the cost of the two French doors I accepted, that were not what was specified.

I do not normally complain to this extent or seek out the CEO of a company but I felt so very wronged by a company I have been so faithful to. I think that $1,500 was an adequate reimbursement for the fact that your company would have had to absorb that just in the price of the doors that we accepted the third time. Even though they are not what we wanted. Taking into account everything else I would project higher but this is a figure that I believe I would be comfortable to continue doing business with Home Depot. The CEO sent my grievance to basically the same department that told me they didn't care, and came back with the same figure. They then said we would like to pad it with an additional $250. After all that they didn't even give me the insignificant figure I had asked for.

To add further injury to insult they did not provide the correct fax number to send my signed release form back to in order to receive our pitiful compensation. The matter still pends. I am not sure we will ever get our reimbursement. My wife is extremely distraught over this entire situation, and I have never been so saddened by the treatment I received from a company that I had held in such high regard prior to this.

Original review: May 3, 2017

I purchased these doors through Home Depot in April 2016. As of today, 5/3/2017, we still have had no resolution for the problems with the doors. The doors arrived cracked and scratched. Steves & Sons have refused to make the situation right. They'll send me a scratch kit. That's it. When a customer spends thousands on custom new doors and they arrived scratched and cracked, the proper resolution is not to send the customer a scratch kit and wash your hands of the situation. I have taken time off of work to meet with representatives, and I have spent hours on the phone dealing with Steves & Sons. In the end, they will not stand by their products. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY!

Original review: April 8, 2017

I placed an online ship to store order in late Feb/Early March for 3 items. 2 were French Doors and the other item was a 72X80 patio door. I received a notification the following day that the order for the French Doors had been cancelled because the store I was going to pick them up at was out of stock. Mind you this is an online order. Nevertheless I had to replace the order and go to a different store to pick up the item even though it was supposed to be buy online and ship to store.

The patio door was a different story. It was shipped to the store and my contractor who was going to install it picked it up on 3/27/2017. When he opened the box, the door which was still wrapped in plastic was damaged. We immediately called Home Depot. We were told someone would call within 5 days about picking up the door and I would need to reorder a new door which I did. Now the nightmare begins. 5 days go by I don't hear from anyone and I'm going out of town on business so I call the online department back. Unfortunately I'm working and it's late afternoon when I can get a chance to call. But the agents get the carrier on the phone (Non Stop Delivery) and three times I'm told they will call me first thing the next day.

Finally I get the number myself and get told the same thing that someone will call me to schedule the pickup but I never hear anything back. So I call the online department again who engages the store. Now I'm told the store will pick it up but I will have to pay for it and oh by the way they want me to pay for it. Finally online gives me a gift certificate to pay for the pickup but Sheila in the Palm Harbor store refuses to do anything to accommodate the inconvenience I've been put through and in fact tells me I'll have to pay an extra charge if I want any kind of window of time. Otherwise I just have to wait all day for the pickup. I'm told someone would call me on Friday (which is today, never heard from them) or I can call the store first thing Saturday (which is the pickup day) so I guess I'll try that tomorrow.

In the meantime, my new door comes in. On Wednesday while I'm out of town I receive an automated call telling me that the door which is 350 pounds and about 6ft x 7ft will be left on my front doorstep or somewhere on my property. I immediate call the carrier (same company Non Stop delivery). I reschedule the delivery for Friday afternoon when I am back in town and can take off work to receive the door (because I cannot move a 350 door that they intend to leave on my doorstep). On Friday morning I check the website and yes it does show the door is scheduled to arrive between 2-6 and it says I'll receive a 30 minute pre-call. At 5 o'clock still no door so I call the company again. They now tell me the door is scheduled for delivery between 8-12.

When I try to find out what happened Non Stop Delivery puts me through to their local carrier (Manko in Tampa, FL) who rudely tells me they had too much on the truck and it wouldn't fit and that the instructions to leave the door on a dry spot on the property are from Home Depot and they are not required to reschedule with me. So now after two weeks I still have a damaged door which hasn't been picked up or credited from my card and I cannot get the door I ordered. My contractor has completed all the other work and I have a 350 lb door that is going to be delivered on Monday on my property for me to try to find someone to move into my garage until I can get the contractor back.

So at this point what do I think should be done? Well if I were Home Depot and I valued my customers I would probably immediately call Manko and tell them not to deliver the door and then I would search for a better partner than Non Stop Delivery who knows how to pick local carriers that will represent Home Depot properly. I would send one of my stores (in one of the trucks that I rent out) to pick up the door from Manko and then call and schedule a delivery and a pick up with me. I doubt that is what will happen. Tomorrow I will probably call Home Depot to find out that my pickup either isn't scheduled or it is scheduled through Manko who will cancel at some point during the day when they find out their truck is too full.

I will probably have to hire someone to come to my home and move the door they drop off on Monday into my garage and hope that it isn't damaged and I don't end up having to return two doors and go through this process again. I'm not really sure about anything with Home Depot but this is what I do know. I'm going to contact American Express to dispute the charge on the damaged door and then I'm going to start doing business with Lowe's. This is the worst customer service experience I've ever had with a store I've dealt with.

Original review: March 30, 2017

I went to purchase a storm door for my back door. Paid for the door and installation on Friday. The guy came out to do measurements on Monday. He wasn't at my home for 5 minutes, took a picture of the door then left. No measurements or anything. Just said HD would contact me after he sends them the picture of my door. I question him... Was that it? He stated that the door was standard and everything looks fine. Wednesday HD calls me to tell me that the guy found that the my door frame was too wide, he needs to build a frame and a threshold. I questioned them... the guy said everything was fine. They said in order for them to install my door it would be another $287. I refuse to pay and demanded a refund. (Which didn't happen.)

They said I would have to wait until the next business day b/c the door was a special order. Which was not! But with no other choice... I'm waiting. Customer service at HD was very poor. No one seemed to care about anything I was saying. After all that had happened, I understand why they wasn't phased. I got home, pulled up the reviews and there is nothing but complaints about HOME DEPOT. I decided to go with a well known company to get the best service possible and was sadly disappointed with HD. The installers they use are rip offs and HD is ok with that. HOW DARE!

Home Depot Doors Company Information