2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

Hagerstown, MD

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.76/5

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Gemcraft Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gemcraft Homes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gemcraft Homes?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

My deposit on my purchase has been in since the first week in February of 2020 and as of September 18, 2020 the home has yet to even be started. I began the buying process early in the year as I live over an hour away from the site and my children needed to be in the area by August to begin school which I reiterated dozens of times. I was promised an original completion date of May 28 2020, that was then pushed back until July, then August, then September, then that was pushed back until November, with the latest eta being December. Never was I notified that the home was going to be delayed until I inquired each time as the promised completion date was a few weeks away.

The customer service is horrendous. I even asked for my deposit money back so that I could finally get in a home and have been denied. They stated the “fine print” states they legally have a year to build the house. My coworker who was on the same time crunch as I and needed to be in by September ultimately pulled out of his deal as by the beginning of August 2020 his house had not been started. His deposit was also given in February. Gemcraft refused to refund that as well despite their negligence. I have never dealt with people so unprofessional or unethical. Spend your money elsewhere.

Original review: April 16, 2020

My husband and I recently purchased a home in Fieldstone Village. Our experience with them was nothing short of wonderful, as it should be when building a new home. While we had our share of setbacks along the way, some due to unforeseen circumstances, overall, we were very pleased with the level of craftsmanship and professionalism everyone on the Gemcraft team exhibited. Gemcraft went above and beyond to make sure things went as smoothly as possible despite the COVID-19 crisis we are in the midst of. There are still a few things left to complete in our home, and we are hopeful to have them resume completion in the next several weeks. We are looking forward to many happy years ahead in our new home and are very thankful to both Southern Trust and Gemcraft for being there with us every step of the way.

Robin & Vincent

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

Very disappointed with the overall process. Very misleading too, they promise timelines they are not able to meet. Promotion offers are not applied at time of purchase. Was told fireplace came as free offer if signed by certain date. On my purchase agreement was charged 6k for fireplace.... just one of the many. Told home would be ready for move in by mid March/ April???? They have not even broken ground yet to start building and we are end of Feb. The thought of just walking away and purchasing from builder next door has crossed my mind a few times.

Original review: July 26, 2019

We recently purchased a home from Gemcraft and were very pleased with the level of caring and professionalism from Jon **, our sales team manager. He was there with us every step of the way, communicating and keeping us updated throughout the process, helping us with choices we needed to make and making sure settlement and moving in went smoothly! He always returned my calls in a timely manner and quickly answered my questions. We are so pleased that we had him helping us with our new purchase and would hope we could work with him again someday! He made this an enjoyable experience for our family!!

Original review: July 24, 2019

Extremely horrible service. Even if you have extra money I would say don't buy home from this builder!!! Totally scam!!! There are hand full 4 people and if going with issue never respond call or email - if spend time to get hold they will keep blaming each other, you never get done your things other than get frustration after spending $$$.

Original review: June 21, 2019

We had our home built through Gemcraft Homes last year. We were on a time constraint and they were able to build our house in a remarkable amount of time and were able to accommodate our needs! We love everything about our new home and would recommend Gemcraft Homes to anyone considering buying or building a new home.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I built my Gemcraft Home a few years ago and I never had any issues. I would do it again. They were willing to make sure I was happy through the entire process and always great follow up. I could not have not been pleased with my home and the process. Janice

Original review: June 21, 2019

We bought a home from Gemcraft Homes and everyone was extremely knowledgeable and professional. The sales staff, construction staff and all others that we came in contact with at Gemcraft Homes, made the entire process very seamless. We were given many options to choose from to personalize our home and we couldn't be happier with the outcome. I would highly recommend Gemcraft Homes to anyone interested in purchasing a new home.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Professionalism at its best. Janice truly listened to the needs of my clients and her follow through was excellent. She was very knowledgeable on the products offered by Gemcraft and was able to help guide my clients into their new home.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I just purchased a brand new home from Gemcraft. I am extremely satisfied and completely filled with joy on how this home turned out. The fact that we were able to change the layout to what we wanted made it feel more like a home than just a brand new house. The superintendent on my job was more than willing to answer all of my questions, always able to be reached, and was prompt with fixing or addressing our concerns. There were no shortcuts taken with this home. It is beautiful and done with good quality. I would not want to choose a different home builder. Thank you for making our dreams come true!

Gemcraft Homes Company Information