Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

34 Gemcraft Homes Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 26, 2019

We recently purchased a home from Gemcraft and were very pleased with the level of caring and professionalism from Jon **, our sales team manager. He was there with us every step of the way, communicating and keeping us updated throughout the process, helping us with choices we needed to make and making sure settlement and moving in went smoothly! He always returned my calls in a timely manner and quickly answered my questions. We are so pleased that we had him helping us with our new purchase and would hope we could work with him again someday! He made this an enjoyable experience for our family!!

Original review: June 21, 2019

We bought a home from Gemcraft Homes and everyone was extremely knowledgeable and professional. The sales staff, construction staff and all others that we came in contact with at Gemcraft Homes, made the entire process very seamless. We were given many options to choose from to personalize our home and we couldn't be happier with the outcome. I would highly recommend Gemcraft Homes to anyone interested in purchasing a new home.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I just purchased a brand new home from Gemcraft. I am extremely satisfied and completely filled with joy on how this home turned out. The fact that we were able to change the layout to what we wanted made it feel more like a home than just a brand new house. The superintendent on my job was more than willing to answer all of my questions, always able to be reached, and was prompt with fixing or addressing our concerns. There were no shortcuts taken with this home. It is beautiful and done with good quality. I would not want to choose a different home builder. Thank you for making our dreams come true!

Original review: May 29, 2019

At Brimington Community the Sales Mgr. is awesome! She knows the Gemcraft Homes designs inside and out. Will go to the limit to please a prospective customer. Takes as much time as needed to explain what items are inclusive and what are options. Knows what lots will accommodate home dimensions. Overall, one can tell she has worked for Gemcraft for many years as her knowledge shows it! I for one am extremely happy with my experience dealing with her.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Our Gemcraft build was great from start to finish. The process of figuring out what style, what additions, what extras, and where was made easy and enjoyable by the Sales Manager, Pat **. The initial lot ran in to permit issues which ran way longer than expected but it was no fault of the builders. Even still, Gemcraft and Pat ** did what they could to make it right. After they closed on the second lot they got right to work building. Long story short, everything essentially went off without a hitch. The build quality was tremendous and Dominic as our POC during the build was very responsive and helpful. We always knew what was going on. 4 months later, we love our house and I have already recommended to co-workers (who have had the same positive experience).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gemcraft Homes?

Original review: July 24, 2019

Extremely horrible service. Even if you have extra money I would say don't buy home from this builder!!! Totally scam!!! There are hand full 4 people and if going with issue never respond call or email - if spend time to get hold they will keep blaming each other, you never get done your things other than get frustration after spending $$$.

Original review: June 21, 2019

We had our home built through Gemcraft Homes last year. We were on a time constraint and they were able to build our house in a remarkable amount of time and were able to accommodate our needs! We love everything about our new home and would recommend Gemcraft Homes to anyone considering buying or building a new home.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I built my Gemcraft Home a few years ago and I never had any issues. I would do it again. They were willing to make sure I was happy through the entire process and always great follow up. I could not have not been pleased with my home and the process. Janice

Original review: June 11, 2019

Professionalism at its best. Janice truly listened to the needs of my clients and her follow through was excellent. She was very knowledgeable on the products offered by Gemcraft and was able to help guide my clients into their new home.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

The buying process was perfect. They were very accommodating, had the perfect answer for everything, and were always available. However, that is the only positive aspect of Gemcraft. Upon drywall walkthrough we marked all horrible impurities in the drywall. Our house had blue tape all over it. It seemed as though they were training someone when they did our house. On top of that our sunroom floor was buckling. We were promised all of it would be fixed before move in. It was not. After move in we not only had the issues previously mentioned but also electrical issues. Due to Gemcraft subcontracting everything out we were in charge of contacting electrical.

After two weeks of not being able to get ahold of them we had to get our realtor involved and it was finally fixed in a lazy way. Our sunroom floor has been messed up from day one with three attempts to 'fix' it. After multiple arguments (because it's within code to have uneven floors according to Gemcraft) they finally pulled up the flooring after a year of arguing to see the subfloor was mushy due to water damage from before they laid the flooring down. The other hills and divots in our house have been coded as 'within code' however, I've never had a house with uneven floors until this one and my last one was build in the 60s. Now I'm wondering if those areas are actually water damage, too.

Another issue is no matter what they say to you at the time of planning... they do NOT fix nail pops at the one year mark. They plaster over them along with cracks and do not sand or paint after. My husband and I distinctly remember asking about paint and was told NOT to upgrade paint because they will not use the upgraded paint at the one year mark... only the standard. Funny how that changed because they don't even sand now at the one year mark NOR did they plaster over all the issues. Now I have to hire someone to fix their subcontractor's crappy job.

Other things that are issues: Our yard was never properly graded. We have a lake in the front yard, foot drop from our concrete walk out to the ground, and our septic tank holes are almost 2 feet above the ground. We have to bring dirt in ourselves and pay someone to properly fix it. If you look at our neighbor's house who is also Gemcraft, they do not have a drop off out their basement door, you can't see their septic from a mile away and their propane tank is properly covered because you can not see that either. They build 4 years ago so I guess their subcontractor for the yard cared about the work they were doing then. The landscaping package is a joke. It's just bushes. They don't even properly seed the yard.

We were also told we would get a tree with the house and we did not. The screens in the windows do not properly fit when with the screen clips they supply bugs get it. I couldn't enjoy the spring or fall this year without letting bugs in. This is just after a year, who knows what other issues we will have during the second year. Fingers crossed they come back out to put a top coat on our driveway. We still have not been informed about that. Was told that after it goes through all the seasons they would be out and that would have been in the fall.

Overall, they have beautiful homes but in order to make them look like what you paid for you personally have to hire people because the subcontractors do not care and are not held accountable. Our house is livable, as long as the floors don't collapse, but the little problems add up and again, this is all within the first year. I do have to say Dominic, our build manager, was amazing. He is just stretched so thin with Gemcraft he cannot be present during all of the construction.

Gemcraft Homes Company Information