Hagerstown, MD

2.9/5 (49 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Gemcraft Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Gemcraft Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gemcraft Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gemcraft Homes?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

If you’re looking to build your dream house look no further than Gemcraft Homes. We were so incredibly lucky to find them after almost giving up on our search due to dealing with other builders who used high pressure sales tactics and made it obvious that our interests are second. We give Gemcraft an A+++ across the board. They offer many modern and open floor plans, the option to build in community, or standalone lot. Their sales team is incredible. They are knowledgeable, transparent, flexible, and friendly. We worked directly with Pat who went above and beyond to help ensure our satisfaction and our expectations were exceeded.

As someone who has worked in construction and sales, Pat shared his experience to ultimately ensure we got the best quality and value for our budget. He took the time to explain things to us and point out things that we hadn’t even considered about options that we chose. From the day we signed the contract until we moved in Pat and Dan, who oversaw the construction of our home, stayed in contact regularly to give us updates and answer any questions we had along the way. We are so impressed with the quality and value of the home. It is our dream home and we look forward to making memories in it for years to come.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

We moved into our new Gemcraft home last year. We have had a great experience working with Gemcraft all the way from the contract process and financing through construction. Our superintendent was excellent to work with, very professional and knowledgeable. We LOVE our house and were very proud to show it off! We referred one of our friends to Gemcraft and they decided to buy a new Gemcraft home rather than purchasing an existing home. We feel we got a great value and the base home already had most of the features we were looking for and we were able to add options to give us everything else we wanted.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

We bought our house in June 2021 from Gemcraft. We signed our contract in February for a house already in construction. We were very happy with the process we went through to chose all the interior and exterior fixtures, cabinets, flooring, siding, molding, lighting, etc. They had a great selection and made this very easy and painless. We did several upgrades and didn't feel like they were hitting us with excessive charges, great value overall. The walk through prior to settlement was easy with very few issues. Those that we identified were corrected immediately. We have been in the house about 6 months and the quality of their workmanship has shown through. We simply have not run across any issues. I would definitely buy another home from Gemcraft.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

My fiancée and I had our first home built by Gemcraft and were very pleased with our experience. Our salesman, Pat **, was very helpful walking us through the process and explaining what to expect so we could be comfortable with our decisions. Given the shortages and general difficulties with building a home during the pandemic, Gemcraft did a great job making the construction process as stress-free as possible. And the service department has been responsive in addressing any minor issues we’ve identified since moving in.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

The Gemcraft Homes Sales and Production Team did a fantastic job in building my family's home. Thank god for them-they made this process easy. From the very beginning, Pat ** helped us navigate this process. He found us the right floorplan within our budget and guided us through the selection process. He helped us in all aspects of the sales process including the financing. Now that the construction is complete, I am proud to call this house my home. It exceeds my expectations- I would wholeheartedly recommend Gemcraft Homes to anyone looking to build new!!!

Original review: July 13, 2022

Had a home built by them. Home itself is nice. What I did not like is their business practices. I have a warranty with the home. I have two three issues, roofing, gutters, and HVAC. I have been after them for months warranty is almost expired spoke to someone today and was basically told they are not going to fix anything. Now I must come out of pocket to fix issues that are clearly warranty issues in contract that they are refusing to fix. I work for a law firm, they said I have a case and will represent me pro bono. But I really do not want to go through all of that. All I want is my issues fixed.

They have been here twice to fix two other issues but because my current issues are so close to the warranty expiration period they will not schedule someone to fix it. I have had other issues that I fixed myself as they were small things. But bottom line is this company (like most builders) just want to build a house, you buy it and they move on. If you are going to build, get a good attorney on your side, sign nothing until an attorney reviews.

Original review: July 5, 2022

We had Gemcraft build our home on our lot - it is beautiful and almost a dream come true. At the beginning of the process, the communication was excellent, and follow through on spot. As the home came closer to completion, communication began to dwindle, and things were not getting completed. When the final draw was made we sat down and created the punch list as we signed the final documents. This is when service and communication came to a screeching halt. I love my house, but the finished work is not what a semi-custom house should be. I have exposed vent pipes, a basement window that is not cut out, screens missing and not installed, and a stove that does not work properly.

I have sent a communication to the sales dept., the supervisor, the owner, and the service supervisor and still after 2 months I still have major items in need of repair. I have been advised that my next step will need to be legal action, but I thought I would write a review first to see if I get my dream home finished.

Original review: April 25, 2022

We have thankfully not had any major issues but many minor ones. We had a small leak in the finished basement ceiling months ago and I am still waiting on someone to fix the drywall, we had two broken cabinet shelves at final walkthrough (more than a year ago). I was told new ones were being ordered (more than once), still no shelves. Water shut off was buried for me and my neighbor, they came out and fixed neighbors and not mine. Seemed confused. Responses range from none - to lies. Follow up is almost non-existent. Following up with the service department is a part-time job. We have had many things fixed, but it is very hit or miss. They do build a beautiful home though. We love our home and just wish that getting service completed was not so aggravating.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I purchased a home from GemCraft at the end of 2021. I built the house starting in January and it took almost 12 months to complete. Along the way I was that home buyer that came to the job site weekly. Along the way pointing out issues with wiring, plumbing, etc... Of course nothing ever was addressed timely or at all, just excuses. Halfway through, they decided to fire my salesperson and project manager. During my walk-through, I pointed out a full list of things missing/Broken/wrong and I was assured they would be fixed asap. Like broken windows, missing molding, paint not complete, fixtures hanging of the wall, etc... not small stuff. Of course like a good used car salesman, once you sign, they disappear and it became my job to track them down.

Here I am 5 months after settlement and still can't get them to correct the problems. I even wrote to the owner and he does the same as all the other lackeys in GemCraft, pushes it off on someone else who never completes a task. If you are in the market for a new home, stay clear of this group. You will regret your purchase.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

We love our Gemcraft Home. The design is open and well thought out. The entire process was very easy, from Sales Staff to Construction process. We were updated throughout the process and invited to the home during the pre-drywall process. Our Presettlement walkthrough was very detailed, The Construction Manager reviewed all the components of the home. Explained all details as for emergency shut-offs for water and electricity. We would Recommend Gemcraft Homes to all of our friends and family.

Gemcraft Homes Company Information