4.5/5 (56 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Vincent Landino

About Fox Pest Control

Fox Pest Control has 30 locations across the country, each of which is locally owned and operated. The company usually operates as a subscription service with a money-back guarantee if you have issues between visits. Employees are triple-screened, and they’re thoroughly trained both in the classroom and alongside a mentor before treating homes on their own.

Pros

• Free inspection and estimate
  • Screens employees
  • Money-back guarantee

Cons

• Not available in all states

Bottom Line

Fox Pest Control offers complimentary inspections and cost estimates, as well as a money-back guarantee. Expect to pay a monthly subscription fee for a year-round treatment plan if service is available in your area.

What is Fox Pest Control?

Fox Pest Control was founded in 2012 by brothers-in-law Mike Romney and Bryant White. Since then, the company has grown to include 30 locally owned branches and helped more than 50,000 customers get rid of various pests.

Fox Pest Control offers several benefits, including a free inspection and cost estimate. You can get same-day service if you call before 2 p.m., and evening and weekend appointments are available for no extra charge. Some services come with a money-back guarantee.

How does Fox Pest Control work?

You can start with Fox Pest Control by getting a complimentary visit to determine what types of services your home needs and how much it will cost you. While one-time services are available, the company primarily advertises its Home Protection Plan, a monthly subscription service that provides recurring treatments for year-round protection.

If you have issues between your scheduled visits, Fox Pest Control will return to treat your home again at no additional cost.

Fox Pest Control products

• Stink bugs
  • Ticks
  • Wasps
  • Yellow jackets

Fox Pest Control mostly focuses these efforts through its Home Protection Plan, which includes specific treatments to handle pests as they appear each season:

• Spring: This is when many bugs multiply both inside and outside the home. Your exterminator treats around your home’s doors and windows and under siding using a protective liquid and granular barrier. They also treat crawl spaces, attics and the inside of wall voids. Finally, they remove all spiderwebs from your first floor.
  • Summer: Your technician treats your home’s exterior with a perimeter spray around windows and doors and granular baits in mulch beds. This adds continuous protection against crawling bugs. They also inspect for bee and wasp nests and treat them if found and remove any new spiderwebs.
  • Autumn: Your exterminator performs another exterior treatment, protecting your home from crawling insects looking to use your home as a winter shelter. Spiderwebs are removed again.
  • Winter: Your technician inspects and treats all cracks and crevices around your kitchen and bathrooms. They inspect for rodent infestations and take steps to keep them from entering your home. Technicians also look at basements and garages for signs of termites. At the end of the visit, you get a written report to help you protect against pests between visits.

Fox Pest Control cost

Fox Pest Control doesn’t list prices online. According to the company, each home situation is unique, so it customizes costs for your home’s specific needs. Fox Pest Control offers free inspections and estimates, which can help you understand the expense before committing.

Fox Pest Control doesn’t charge extra for additional home treatments if you have pest problems between regularly scheduled visits on your Home Protection Plan. If it can’t resolve your issue after three treatments, the company will refund you your last monthly subscription fee.

Fox Pest Control FAQ

Where is Fox Pest Control available?
Fox Pest Control has 30 locations spread across the following states:
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • Texas
  • Virginia

Call your local branch for more information on availability.

What is Fox Pest Control’s money-back guarantee?
Fox Pest Control guarantees that if you have an infestation between regularly scheduled treatments, the company will return and perform targeted treatments at no charge. If it can’t resolve the problem, it will refund your last monthly subscription fee, providing you have met all other terms of the agreement.
Is Fox Pest Control safe for pets?
Fox Pest Control has EPA-certified technicians, and it claims to use the safest possible products if a pet usually occupies the space. Fox Pest Control also has a list of all the pest control products it uses on its website under the About section, so you can check for yourself.
Is Fox Pest Control trustworthy?
Fox Pest Control uses a triple-check screening process for its crews, and employees undergo drug screenings and driving record reviews. The company also trains employees both in the classroom and on the job — employees learn alongside a mentor before providing services alone.

For feedback on the company from other customers, read ConsumerAffairs’ verified reviews.

Is Fox Pest Control a good company?

Fox Pest Control is worth considering if you live in a state where it’s available and you get a competitive quote. The company offers a variety of services, and if things don’t work out, there's also a money-back guarantee to help you recover some of your expenses. Get a quote and compare Fox Pest Control with other companies in your area to find the right one for you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Pest Control?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fox Pest Control?

Original review: May 26, 2022

I had Fox a couple of years ago primarily for carpenter bees, ants and spiders. Their customer service and technicians were very polite and professional. I had no problem with the service people. The only thing that I didn't care for was I had to be totally committed to the number of times they had to come out and the amount of money you had to pay. If I didn't, then I’d pay a large surcharge. It was not easy. In the winter, when I didn't need anything, it was kind of frustrating. The only other thing was they were persistent. They kept calling me and wanting me to come back but then I said I was done with their service. Other than that, they did accomplish what they initially set out to do.

Hello Jim!
Thank you for your positive review. We are happy to hear that the service went well for you. I can completely understand the frustration with the winter service. Many customers do feel it is unnecessary. We like to perform the winter service as more of a preparation for your spring service. The winter service is able to kill the eggs of pests before they have a chance to hatch, which creates less pest problems in the spring. We are glad that we were able to help with your needs at the time!

Emily Sonnenberg, Customer Success Team

Get buying tips about Pest Control delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 19, 2022

We had a mosquito issue so I reached out to Fox and tried them. Customer service is very good and their techs are very respectful. On maybe the third application, I started to get bit at night which was odd. I called Fox and they came back and resprayed without an issue. They told me to reach out if it ever happens again and they’ll come and respray. Now, I can sit in my backyard at night and not get eaten alive.

Fox is a great company to work and deal with. They make it easy. They let me know when they're coming so there are no surprises. You know who's at your door or coming into your yard. They go over everything with you on staying off the grass for the first several hours just until it dries then you're good to go. They say to give them a call right back if there is a problem. They're very nice on the phone. They're VIP.

Hello Mrs. Viloran,
    Thank you so much for your positive review! We are so happy to hear that the service had went well for you. We do our best to make sure that our customers are able to enjoy their homes and yards!
    Thanks for being a part of the Fox Family!

Emily Sonnenberg, Customer Success Team

Original review: May 4, 2022

I was using Fox for pest rodent control. They were the cheapest in the area. Whenever I used them, the technicians were pretty thorough. They came and did their job. They put the bait traps where they were supposed to and they did not go through my home. They gave me feedback on what I should do to maintain that the rodents are away from my home. The appointment setting was easy too. If I called today, it wasn’t like I had an appointment set out for next week or two. It was reasonable. I would recommend Fox because of the fact that they’ve been good to me every time I’ve used them. The quality of service versus the cost was perfect. They've been professional whenever I've been in contact with them from the reception phone line to the actual technician.

Hello Shaniah!
    Thank you so much for your positive review! We are so happy to hear that the service went well for you. We are So grateful for our awesome customers like you!
    Thanks for being a part of our Fox Family!
    Emily Sonnenberg,

Customer Success Team

Original review: April 9, 2022

If I had a complaint it would only be that the price was really high. Because I had my son’s whole house, and he had a big house, done with the other company for a lot less than it cost me to do just my garage. It was the only thing I was not happy about. But I paid because it needed to be done. You can’t have a bat in your house. It’s one thing if it’s in your attic. You can live with it for a while. But when he's playing around when you're trying to sleep, not good. But Fox Pest Control's service was great. They got there quickly. Three guys came out. I didn't even talk to anyone. They told me I didn't even have to be home, which I thought was weird because how would they check and see if it was all filled up from inside and if there were any dead bats? They just put some ladders on the building, and they went up. They put the little bat houses in. And it seemed like they were in for a while. Everything was good.

The last guy that used to work for the other company came and cleaned up the poop from the bats and made sure there were no dead bats around. But they said they only needed to do work from the outside. Which again, for the price, was expensive, considering they didn't even go inside and make sure everything was okay. There was nobody even home. I saw them on my Ring. I didn't even see them. They just came. I saw there were a couple of trucks. They were there for a half-hour, and they were gone. But I haven't had any sign of bats.

Fox Pest Control response
    Avis, thank you for sharing your honest experience with us. We are happy that your service was successful. Our team is trained by the best in the industry and only uses top-of-the-line products. Please reach out to our office if you have any questions about billing or if we need to come back for any reason. Thank you for choosing Fox!

Customer Success Team

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

I had services for the fumigation. And when I had that service, Fox would call me to let me know, "You have an appointment scheduled this day." And if I was home or not, I would confirm it or reschedule it if I had to. This time, I just installed those termite baits on September. They were supposed to come out in December because that's what they told me. "In two months, we'll come out and check the bait, see if there's any new concerns," but I haven't received a call or have not been made aware if they have actually come by. They should make sure that they follow through with their services. Other than that, they're a good company. Their services do work, from the previous experiences that I've had with them. I've had previous companies before where they would come by, fumigate, and I would still see the insects, the spiders and stuff. But with Fox, I noticed that it worked.

Fox Pest Control response
    Annabel, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that services have been working for you. We have top of the line technicians who use top of the line products. Please reach out to our office if you have any questions about scheduling or past services! Thank you for choosing Fox!

Customer Success Team

Original review: June 22, 2022

Fox Pest Control came out for mice. They set traps on the outside and the inside and it got the mice out. We had them come out a second time to collect any of the mice that had died from the traps. After that, there was no sign of mice. Overall, Fox did everything that we asked.

Fox Pest Control response
    Christopher. Thank you for your positive review. We are happy to hear that you were impressed. Mice are never fun! Thank you for choosing us to help!

Customer Success Team

Original review: June 12, 2022

I used Fox Pest Control to get rid of some squirrels. They were friendly, easy and dependable. When they said that they'd show up, they showed up. They were professional and they got the job done. We don’t see squirrels in the attics anymore.

Fox Pest Control response
    Ying, thank you for choosing us to help with your squirrels. We strive to be reliable, always! Thank you for sharing your positive review with us!

Customer Success Team

Original review: June 11, 2022

Fox has always been great. If they come out, they do their job. If we have something that comes up, they come out in between and they take care of it. I’ve got nothing but positive things to say about them. The technicians gave me a personal phone number and said, “Call if you need anything.” I have some rental properties, and Fox does a really good job over there, too. They have very reasonable pricing as well.

Fox Pest Control response
    Thank you, Wes, for sharing your experience with us! We are happy to hear that you have been impressed with our team and services. We are always willing to provide extra services when needed. Thank you for choosing Fox!

Customer Success Team

Original review: June 10, 2022

Fox was unable to remedy the situation. It was money down the drain. They put a chicken wire and some kind of poison to prevent the squirrels from going to the soffit. They didn’t catch a shadow.

Original review: June 9, 2022

A couple of years ago, we had a squirrel problem and Fox did a great job. We haven't had any problems since then. We're thrilled.

Fox Pest Control response
    Steve, we are happy that your service was successful! Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

Fox Pest Control Company Information