2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

5.0/5 (18 ratings)

About First Premier Home Warranty

First Premier Home Warranty offers home warranty plans in select states across the nation. Customers can choose between two plans, Premier and Premier Platinum. The company also lets you add coverage for items like a swimming pool or additional water heater, although those costs can get expensive.

Pros

• Two plans
  • Wide coverage
  • Additional options
  • No inspections

Cons

• May be expensive
  • Limited information

Bottom Line

First Premier Home Warranty offers two plans, plus additional coverage, with lots of options. The company does not require an inspection before purchase, which some customers will appreciate.

First Premier Home Warranty plans

First Premier Home Warranty offers two plans: Premier and Premier Platinum.

The Premier plan covers your:

• Plumbing system (including stoppages)
  • Water heater
  • Ductwork
  • Garage door opener
  • Ceiling and exhaust fans
  • Permanently installed sump pump

The Premier Platinum plan covers everything in the Premier plan plus two air conditioning units, two heating units, a refrigerator and your clothes washer and dryer.

You can also choose from the company’s list of options, including coverage for a pool and spa, sump pump, water softener, ice maker and well pump. For an additional cost, you can also expand coverage for items like second garage door openers.

First Premier fees

You can pay for your service plan monthly or annually. If you pay monthly, you’ll pay more over time but will save upfront. Yearly plans start at $369 for the Premier plan and $399 for Premier Platinum. Monthly plans start at $43 and $50, respectively.

Additional features can cost anywhere from $35 annually for an ice maker or water softener to $150 annually for a pool or spa. The company’s service call fee ranges between $60 and $75.

First Premier Home Warranty FAQ

How do I file a claim with First Premier Home Warranty?
You can call its 24/7 customer service line to report a claim. The company has an information submission area on its website, but it’s unclear if this can be used to submit a claim.
Do I choose my own contractor with First Premier Home Warranty?
Yes, but the contractor has to be approved by First Premier Home Warranty. Otherwise, the company will assign and send out its own approved technician.
Does First Premier Home Warranty require a home inspection?
No, you don’t have to get a home inspection before signing up for a First Premier Home Warranty policy.
What states does First Premier Home Warranty serve?
First Premier Home Warranty doesn’t list the states it operates in on its website — contact a representative to see if the company is available in your area.

Is First Premier Home Warranty worth it?

Based on the info on its website, First Premier Home Warranty seems to offer a pretty wide range of services and flexible coverage options. When it comes to specific information about things like canceling, hiring contractors, submitting claims and more, the site is pretty light on specifics. You’ll need to contact the company to get full details.

First Premier Home Warranty Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Home Warranty?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Home Warranty?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I recently bought a condo in Florida. Called a few companies to get Appliance Coverage. Called First Premier.. spoke with Michael and Jason who were both phenomenal. Gave me all the detailed info needed as well as a great deal.. I would definitely recommend you giving them a quick call (**) to see what they can do for you and I’m thrilled that just about every appliance and plumbing and electrical etc in my condo along with garage door opener etc etc will be covered!! What peace of mind!!

First Premier Home Warranty response

Linda, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

The customer service response time is PHENOMENAL!! It is refreshing to speak to someone in the USA and be able to understand them. It is also wonderful to have someone LISTEN to you and respect your concerns. After being a customer of American Home Shield for nearly 20 years - we are MOST HAPPY to now do business with and trust our home warranty with the Best of the Best!!! The customer service & pricing cannot be beat!

First Premier Home Warranty response

Danielle, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I was looking at other deals for a home warranty after having a year with AHS. I spoke with Jack about options and he was able to find a plan that met my needs and was cheaper than my last warranty. Jack was very informative and I was impressed with all the knowledge he had behind their plans. I went ahead and chose a plan that works well for my needs and know it's a doable price year after year as the price locks at the spot in which I signed up with! I will definitely be sending friends their way for a Warranty.

First Premier Home Warranty response

Shawna, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

They've been great and responding and fixing my problems. We've got this house that everything was working before we bought it and when we moved in then lil things have been happening. They've been great helping us get everything fixed and just for a small fee to come out and fix it. They've been great. I really recommend them. Great service.

First Premier Home Warranty response

Ella, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Very efficient and solved our A/C issues quickly. I was so nervous I would need a new unit however it was only the capacitor! They changed it quickly and now our unit is working wonderfully and is quiet! My claim process was easy breezy! I called customer service which helped schedule my service call. Thank you so much!

First Premier Home Warranty response

Sara, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I completed the online request for a quote and within 1 minute, received a call from Tony **. He was friendly, knowledgeable about what the plan offers and looked for ways to reduce my cost without reducing service. He told me I could have my own contractors added to their list and that the policy covers FULL repair or replacement. The only additional cost to me will be the service call fee which goes directly to the repairperson. He also added my septic system at minimal extra cost.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Michael was really understanding tell me all about home warranty. He told me that he will go the ex mile to make sure I am taken care of. I was very upset set with my other home warranty. They did not help me out at all. I was with them for over a year but I will give you all I can to stay with you if you help us out over the years. Thank You. The **.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I spoke with Michael ** concerning my warranty purchase. He was pleasant, very knowledgeable & answered all my questions to my satisfaction. I am confident that when I have my first claim it will be handled as professionally. Sincerely, Marc **

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Joe ** had very good knowledge of the plans and walked me through what I wanted to know. He also was very polite and friendly and sounded like he truly cared about the customer. Hopefully I wont have to have a claim but if I have to I have a good feeling I will be taking care of and given 5 star service like I got when I signed with the company.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

I was so impressed. Within the ten minutes the part had an approval. The tech contacted FPHW and while we were talking, the parts were approved. I was so impressed! Thirty minutes from the tech pulling up, condensing fan replaced and AC working. I am totally impressed with First Premier! I am a customer forever!

First Premier Home Warranty response

Brad, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

First Premier Home Warranty Company Information