4.1/5 (81 ratings)
Availability
44 states

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

About First Premier Home Warranty

First Premier Home Warranty offers home warranty plans in select states across the nation. Customers can choose between two plans, Premier and Premier Platinum. The company also lets you add coverage for items like a swimming pool or additional water heater, although those costs can get expensive.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans near you

Pros

• Two plans
    • Wide coverage
    • Additional options
    • No inspections

Cons

• May be expensive
    • Limited information

Bottom Line

First Premier Home Warranty offers two plans, plus additional coverage, with lots of options. The company does not require an inspection before purchase, which some customers will appreciate.

First Premier Home Warranty plans

First Premier Home Warranty offers two plans: Premier and Premier Platinum.

The Premier plan covers your:

• Plumbing system (including stoppages)
    • Water heater
    • Ductwork
    • Garage door opener
    • Ceiling and exhaust fans
    • Permanently installed sump pump

The Premier Platinum plan covers everything in the Premier plan plus two air conditioning units, two heating units, a refrigerator and your clothes washer and dryer.

You can also choose from the company’s list of options, including coverage for a pool and spa, sump pump, water softener, ice maker and well pump. For an additional cost, you can also expand coverage for items like second garage door openers.

First Premier fees

You can pay for your service plan monthly or annually. If you pay monthly, you’ll pay more over time but will save upfront. Yearly plans start at $369 for the Premier plan and $399 for Premier Platinum. Monthly plans start at $43 and $50, respectively.

Additional features can cost anywhere from $35 annually for an ice maker or water softener to $150 annually for a pool or spa. The company’s service call fee ranges between $60 and $75.

First Premier Home Warranty FAQ

How do I file a claim with First Premier Home Warranty?

You can call its 24/7 customer service line to report a claim. The company has an information submission area on its website, but it’s unclear if this can be used to submit a claim.

Do I choose my own contractor with First Premier Home Warranty?

Yes, but the contractor has to be approved by First Premier Home Warranty. Otherwise, the company will assign and send out its own approved technician.

Does First Premier Home Warranty require a home inspection?

No, you don’t have to get a home inspection before signing up for a First Premier Home Warranty policy.

What states does First Premier Home Warranty serve?

First Premier Home Warranty doesn’t list the states it operates in on its website — contact a representative to see if the company is available in your area.

Is First Premier Home Warranty worth it?

Based on the info on its website, First Premier Home Warranty seems to offer a pretty wide range of services and flexible coverage options. When it comes to specific information about things like canceling, hiring contractors, submitting claims and more, the site is pretty light on specifics. You’ll need to contact the company to get full details.

First Premier Home Warranty Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Home Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

I was comparison shopping for Home Warranty plans. I contacted several companies. After speaking with several Sales personnel at First Premier I spoke with Mr. Jack **. Mr. Jack ** provided EXCELLENT, courteous and professional Customer Service. Mr. ** was attentive to address my questions with responses of which were clear and acceptable. Example “toilet” is included in "Plumbing." Mr. Jack ** is the reason I took advantage of a Cyber 6 years offer with $45 Service Fee as well as Ice Maker and Roof inclusions in contract. Mr. ** is an asset to First Premier. Mr. **' professionalism along with his knowledge of company's detailed marketing information should be emulated. Ms **

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2022

Joe ** was great. He was really good about giving me all the information that I needed in a quick and straightforward fashion and he made the 5 Year Plan offer really hard to turn down, although normally I would turn down those kind of offers. However, because he was so straightforward and honest about the coverage I felt comfortable enough to commit to 5 years upfront knowing that he would be my direct salesperson. I'd give him a raise if I were in charge of that.

First Premier Home Warranty response

Sirat - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Michael ** was the person that help guide me. He was extremely patient with answering all my questions and even gave me a couple days to think things over with hassle or overselling. I asked that he call back in couple of days expecting to never hear from him again, and like clockwork he call me back...I felt no pressure and he was very thorough with explaining the services and cost. I felt good about our conversation and decided to become a client.

First Premier Home Warranty response

Keeon, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Purchasing a home warranty is an easy decision. It is so important to have peace of mind in the various systems associated with today's home. It increases the likelihood that a qualified technician will be contacted in the event that something breaks. It decreases the opportunity for the consumer to go It alone and find an unqualified technician based on their price quote to do it for less. I am pleased as a person with a family to care for that a service like this is available and to know that I am covered in the likelihood that Murphy's Law presents itself.

Kris,

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

In looking for a Home Warranty I was in contact with 6 companies. I chose 1st Premier not only for the excellent value but also for their demeanor in dealing with me; no pressure tactics, no hassles, no sales hustle. Roy and Jason were patient, honest with me, helpful and thorough. If you're in the market for a Home Warranty I highly recommend you check out 1st Premier!

First Premier Home Warranty response

Jonathan, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2023

They are easy, quick, and reliable. I had my plumbing pipes burst in the basement, they had someone here within an hour and had the problem resolved like it had never happened. Thank you First Premier!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

First Premier Home Warranty not only offered me not only a great warranty, but also peace of mind with the exceptional home warranty they offered me when was I looking for a new policy. I am very happy I switched to them! I would definitely recommend them to other people/consumers.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

The person I was talking to on the phone he did an excellent job. He was very good about. Tell me about the home warranty. Did an excellent job. I will recommend and tell everybody about this warranty. I like all the discounts I got.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

Hire more peoples like him and you'll have a great company, and you could go very far. There's really not much more I can say. It was talking to him, I'm going to love working with your company, and will tell anyone who ask who I'm with. I will tell them First Premier Home Warranty is the path to take.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

I was getting ripped off by my current home warranty. I switched to First Premier Home Warranty today and Brian got me the same coverage for $500 a year less than what I’ve been paying with no risk. He was very considerate and helpful.

First Premier Home Warranty Company Information

firstpremierhomewarranty.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: