4.8/5 (39 ratings)

About First Premier Home Warranty

First Premier Home Warranty offers home warranty plans in select states across the nation. Customers can choose between two plans, Premier and Premier Platinum. The company also lets you add coverage for items like a swimming pool or additional water heater, although those costs can get expensive.

Pros

• Two plans
  • Wide coverage
  • Additional options
  • No inspections

Cons

• May be expensive
  • Limited information

Bottom Line

First Premier Home Warranty offers two plans, plus additional coverage, with lots of options. The company does not require an inspection before purchase, which some customers will appreciate.

First Premier Home Warranty plans

First Premier Home Warranty offers two plans: Premier and Premier Platinum.

The Premier plan covers your:

• Plumbing system (including stoppages)
  • Water heater
  • Ductwork
  • Garage door opener
  • Ceiling and exhaust fans
  • Permanently installed sump pump

The Premier Platinum plan covers everything in the Premier plan plus two air conditioning units, two heating units, a refrigerator and your clothes washer and dryer.

You can also choose from the company’s list of options, including coverage for a pool and spa, sump pump, water softener, ice maker and well pump. For an additional cost, you can also expand coverage for items like second garage door openers.

First Premier fees

You can pay for your service plan monthly or annually. If you pay monthly, you’ll pay more over time but will save upfront. Yearly plans start at $369 for the Premier plan and $399 for Premier Platinum. Monthly plans start at $43 and $50, respectively.

Additional features can cost anywhere from $35 annually for an ice maker or water softener to $150 annually for a pool or spa. The company’s service call fee ranges between $60 and $75.

First Premier Home Warranty FAQ

How do I file a claim with First Premier Home Warranty?
You can call its 24/7 customer service line to report a claim. The company has an information submission area on its website, but it’s unclear if this can be used to submit a claim.
Do I choose my own contractor with First Premier Home Warranty?
Yes, but the contractor has to be approved by First Premier Home Warranty. Otherwise, the company will assign and send out its own approved technician.
Does First Premier Home Warranty require a home inspection?
No, you don’t have to get a home inspection before signing up for a First Premier Home Warranty policy.
What states does First Premier Home Warranty serve?
First Premier Home Warranty doesn’t list the states it operates in on its website — contact a representative to see if the company is available in your area.

Is First Premier Home Warranty worth it?

Based on the info on its website, First Premier Home Warranty seems to offer a pretty wide range of services and flexible coverage options. When it comes to specific information about things like canceling, hiring contractors, submitting claims and more, the site is pretty light on specifics. You’ll need to contact the company to get full details.

First Premier Home Warranty Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Home Warranty?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Home Warranty?

Original review: May 11, 2022

Michael ** was the person that help guide me. He was extremely patient with answering all my questions and even gave me a couple days to think things over with hassle or overselling. I asked that he call back in couple of days expecting to never hear from him again, and like clockwork he call me back...I felt no pressure and he was very thorough with explaining the services and cost. I felt good about our conversation and decided to become a client.

First Premier Home Warranty response

Keeon, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Purchasing a home warranty is an easy decision. It is so important to have peace of mind in the various systems associated with today's home. It increases the likelihood that a qualified technician will be contacted in the event that something breaks. It decreases the opportunity for the consumer to go It alone and find an unqualified technician based on their price quote to do it for less. I am pleased as a person with a family to care for that a service like this is available and to know that I am covered in the likelihood that Murphy's Law presents itself.

Kris,

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I recently bought a condo in Florida. Called a few companies to get Appliance Coverage. Called First Premier.. spoke with Michael and Jason who were both phenomenal. Gave me all the detailed info needed as well as a great deal.. I would definitely recommend you giving them a quick call (**) to see what they can do for you and I’m thrilled that just about every appliance and plumbing and electrical etc in my condo along with garage door opener etc etc will be covered!! What peace of mind!!

First Premier Home Warranty response

Linda, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

The customer service response time is PHENOMENAL!! It is refreshing to speak to someone in the USA and be able to understand them. It is also wonderful to have someone LISTEN to you and respect your concerns. After being a customer of American Home Shield for nearly 20 years - we are MOST HAPPY to now do business with and trust our home warranty with the Best of the Best!!! The customer service & pricing cannot be beat!

First Premier Home Warranty response

Danielle, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I was looking at other deals for a home warranty after having a year with AHS. I spoke with Jack about options and he was able to find a plan that met my needs and was cheaper than my last warranty. Jack was very informative and I was impressed with all the knowledge he had behind their plans. I went ahead and chose a plan that works well for my needs and know it's a doable price year after year as the price locks at the spot in which I signed up with! I will definitely be sending friends their way for a Warranty.

First Premier Home Warranty response

Shawna, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: May 12, 2022

We were able to save money and get great service! I was glad to hear that we could use our own service providers if we wanted to, plus our rate would not go up on our renewal next year. All of these things made the decision easy to switch from our previous warranty company. Thank you so much!

First Premier Home Warranty response

Lauren, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Great plans at reasonable prices, you are able to customize your own plan if the packages offered are not what you are looking for.! Someone is always there to answer your questions! Very pleasant to speak to a live person.

First Premier Home Warranty response

Lora, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Both people I spoke to were professional, knowledgeable and friendly. They explained all the options and once I made my discission they quickly finished the process so I could get on with my day. I highly recommend First Premier Home Warranty.

First Premier Home Warranty response

David, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Very Well explained, answer all my queries. Almost covered all my home appliances and with very reasonable cost. I will definitely recommend my family and friends to use this as home warranty. This is great.

Original review: May 4, 2022

My representative was thoughtful and explained the policy. He took his time to call back when the phone disconnected. He was very patient and kind. He walked me through the policy as a final review. He listened and answered my questions. He was very knowledgeable.

First Premier Home Warranty response

Allison, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

First Premier Home Warranty Company Information