First Premier Home Warranty

Labor guarantee
Starts at $60
Service fee

About First Premier Home Warranty

First Premier Home Warranty offers home warranty plans across the nation. You can choose between two plans, and the company also lets you add extra coverage for items like a swimming pool, septic system or second refrigerator. First Premier has been in business for over 30 years.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Lots of add-on coverages
  • Sends technician in 24 to 48 hours
  • Lets you transfer contract to a new home
Cons
  • No sample contract online

Featured Reviews

Verified
Fort Gratiot, MI

“I was called immediately after submitting my info for an online quote. Steven was informative, helpful and excited to explain the company's offers. He also offered a special pric...

Verified
Gresham, OR

“John ** did an excellent job of answering my questions and giving me a great rate. Had the six-year deal been on an annual renewal basis I would have taken it, but being at my ag...

First Premier Home Warranty coverage and plans

First Premier Home Warranty offers two plans: Premier and Platinum.

You can also choose from the company’s list of optional coverages:

• Additional air conditioning system
  • Sump pump
  • Water softener
  • Well pump

First Premier Home Warranty cost

First Premier Home Warranty has monthly and annual plans. For a single-family home under 5,000 square feet in Houston, the company gave us a quote of $39.99 monthly or $419 annually for Premier coverage, and it quoted $47.99 per month or $499.99 annually for Platinum coverage. These prices are accurate as of publishing. Plans include a $75 deductible per claim.

Additional coverages cost anywhere from about $2 to $12.50 per month, or $25 to $150 per year.

Discounts

First Premier Home Warranty offers discounts for paying annually instead of monthly. When getting a quote, ask about current promotions.

First Premier Home Warranty coverage exclusions

Only the systems and appliances specified in your plan are covered by First Premier Home Warranty. It’s important to read over the fine print in your contract for specific parts excluded from coverage, coverage payout limits and other details concerning your plan.

First Premier Home Warranty claims and coverage limits

If you ever need to submit a claim with First Premier, you can do it online or by phone 24/7. After you submit your claim, the company aims to schedule a technician visit to your home in 24 to 48 hours. The contractor’s work is guaranteed for 90 days. If the repair fails, the company will replace the system or appliance rather than attempting the repair again.

First Premier Home Warranty FAQ

Is First Premier Home Warranty legit?

First Premier Home Warranty offers two wide-ranging plans and a long list of add-on coverages that make it easy to customize a policy. It also has a relatively low service call fee and a 90-day repair guarantee.

Once you’re covered, you can submit a claim anytime, and the company says it will try to get a technician to your home within 48 hours — or you can choose your own licensed and insured technician. First Premier doesn’t provide a sample contract or list plan exclusions and limitations online, so it’s essential to read over the fine print thoroughly before signing up.

What is First Premier Home Warranty?

First Premier Home Warranty offers home warranty plans that protect your home and appliances. The company offers two plan options as well as several optional coverage choices.

How does First Premier Home Warranty work?

First, you must choose the plan and add-on options that work for you. Then, you’ll sign up by calling the company or filling out an online form. After paying your annual or monthly fee, you can begin submitting claims for service as needed on all of your home’s covered items and systems.

Does First Premier Home Warranty require a home inspection?

No, you don’t have to get a home inspection before signing up for a First Premier Home Warranty policy.

Can I pick my own service technician with First Premier Home Warranty?

Yes, you can choose your own technician, as long as that person is licensed, insured and bonded. Otherwise, the company will assign and send out its own approved contractor.

How long is First Premier Home Warranty’s workmanship guarantee?

The company’s workmanship guarantee is 90 days.

Does First Premier Home Warranty have an age limit on systems or appliances?

First Premier Home Warranty covers systems and appliances of any age.

Where are First Premier Home Warranty warranties available?

First Premier Home Warranty’s policies are available throughout the U.S.

First Premier Home Warranty Reviews

Stars Rating

• 69%
  • 8%
  • 2%
  • 1%
  • 20%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Home Warranty?

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Home Warranty?
    Customer ServiceCoverageSales & Marketing

Reviewed June 22, 2024

I had HSA WHICH is owned by American Home Shield for 15 years with 12 properties. They became worse and worse and worse not answering and don’t care and a scam. I would love to explain in detail. I switched after 15 years to First Premier and was hesitant thinking all the same. I was wrong, it’s been only 3 months and they are the best! Answer the phone in the USA and polite and yes they DO COVER. It is a pleasure so far. We will see in the future but for now night and day difference. American Home Shield is the largest but one of the worst, thanks First Premier, so far so good.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Price

Reviewed June 7, 2024

Steven explained the process of the home warranty very well and answered all My questions. He took the time to Find the best rate for me and provided multiple options that was affordable to Me. He also gave me examples of what a timeline would look like if our refrigerator would stop working and explained what would be needed, including how long I would have to wait for the new part. He also explained how my home is in the geeen zone, indicating that there are many different service providers in the area to contact when needed.

CoverageSales & MarketingPriceRefunds & Payouts

Reviewed June 1, 2024

I had searched for several home warranties in addition to using the top-rated companies. Home warranties have strict limitations on what they will cover and, if covered, how much they will reimburse. Most of the top-rated home warranty companies are so expensive to have that the monthly fee or service fee could potentially hinder calls to fix problems in the home. But First Premier has reasonable monthly and service fees in the industry. It's reasonable enough that if you used another home warranty at exorbitant prices, it's worth it to try First Premier to gain the same quality of service as the big-named brand companies that can pay for the advertisement to get you there, First Premier will be your knight in shining armor to bail you out. Try First Premier, and you'll be pleased.

Reviewed March 21, 2024

If the company performs as stated if and when I need them, then I'll be happy with them. Ted and Joe were very pleasant to speak with and did what they said they'd do. Only time will tell if they deserve my business or not. I had been with American Home Shield since 1985 and had been relatively happy with them up until April 2023 when I experienced a 9 month delay in having an appliance replaced. I initially thought that it could have been a supply chain issue but soon discovered that GE was selling the appliance that AHS promised to provide me with.

AHS did finally resolve the issue but 9 months was too much to take. I also didn't like the fact that they use an overseas call center where people don't speak English well, nor really understand the issues that US Citizens have with their homes. Enough was enough so I decided to try this company out. We shall see. First Premier offered me an additional month of warranty at no charge for writing a review, which I have honestly done. I can't be bought for a month's worth of service, so I didn't mind writing this honest review of my interchange with them today.

Reviewed Dec. 4, 2023

Just wanted to give a thumbs up to my sales rep. Michael **. He explained in detail and answered all my questions about my home warranty. I was shopping around and told him that, yet he did not pressure me at all I felt very comfortable with his knowledge. I spoke with other warranty companies after First Premier. I felt pressured to hurry and sign up. Was even interrupted while asking a question to sign up. I was not ok with that. I liked the customer service I received along with the caring attitude. I just got the warranty of course, haven’t used it yet. But I feel very confident that I made the right choice.

Reviewed July 16, 2024

Sam was great in describing your company and the services you provide. He was clear and explained everything. Pleasant in presentation. Was patient and answered all my questions. A plus to your company. Could not ask for a better customer service performance. It is so nice to have someone that knows what they are talking about and the right questions to ask to help you save money. Knowing your company is what a customer likes to know. Thanks.

Coverage

Reviewed July 16, 2024

Was a first-rate sales man who strived to provide me with the best home warranty coverage. I will reach out to my neighbors today about the specials you provided me today. I hope that you get a response from others living within the Sterling Square area today. I wish you the best! Thank You!

Price

Reviewed July 15, 2024

The salesman was really great. He did not pressure me in any way. He answered all my questions and they ended up being cheaper than anyone else. Plus could do so much more than the others. I got their best package and only have to pay a $60 fee. Plus pay $45 monthly with two month free. They will also let you bring your own serviceman without any problems.

Coverage

Reviewed July 14, 2024

Need to cancel service because I’ll ask you if this plan covers mini split unit and I said yes. I went over the plan and it don’t cover mini split unit so I am not happy so I would like to cancel now.

CoveragePrice

Reviewed July 10, 2024

I wish I would have had this service a month ago when our well pump went out and our other home warranty company said not covered.. I paid for this service. Premier says it would have been covered... So we switched to this home warranty paying less with more coverage and lower deductible. Even our monthly payments are cheaper.

First Premier Home Warranty Company Information