4.5/5 (72 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About First Premier Home Warranty

First Premier Home Warranty offers home warranty plans in select states across the nation. Customers can choose between two plans, Premier and Premier Platinum. The company also lets you add coverage for items like a swimming pool or additional water heater, although those costs can get expensive.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Two plans
    • Wide coverage
    • Additional options
    • No inspections

Cons

• May be expensive
    • Limited information

Bottom Line

First Premier Home Warranty offers two plans, plus additional coverage, with lots of options. The company does not require an inspection before purchase, which some customers will appreciate.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

First Premier Home Warranty plans

First Premier Home Warranty offers two plans: Premier and Premier Platinum.

The Premier plan covers your:

• Plumbing system (including stoppages)
    • Water heater
    • Ductwork
    • Garage door opener
    • Ceiling and exhaust fans
    • Permanently installed sump pump

The Premier Platinum plan covers everything in the Premier plan plus two air conditioning units, two heating units, a refrigerator and your clothes washer and dryer.

You can also choose from the company’s list of options, including coverage for a pool and spa, sump pump, water softener, ice maker and well pump. For an additional cost, you can also expand coverage for items like second garage door openers.

First Premier fees

You can pay for your service plan monthly or annually. If you pay monthly, you’ll pay more over time but will save upfront. Yearly plans start at $369 for the Premier plan and $399 for Premier Platinum. Monthly plans start at $43 and $50, respectively.

Additional features can cost anywhere from $35 annually for an ice maker or water softener to $150 annually for a pool or spa. The company’s service call fee ranges between $60 and $75.

First Premier Home Warranty FAQ

How do I file a claim with First Premier Home Warranty?
    You can call its 24/7 customer service line to report a claim. The company has an information submission area on its website, but it’s unclear if this can be used to submit a claim.
    Do I choose my own contractor with First Premier Home Warranty?
    Yes, but the contractor has to be approved by First Premier Home Warranty. Otherwise, the company will assign and send out its own approved technician.
    Does First Premier Home Warranty require a home inspection?
    No, you don’t have to get a home inspection before signing up for a First Premier Home Warranty policy.
    What states does First Premier Home Warranty serve?
    First Premier Home Warranty doesn’t list the states it operates in on its website — contact a representative to see if the company is available in your area.

Is First Premier Home Warranty worth it?

Based on the info on its website, First Premier Home Warranty seems to offer a pretty wide range of services and flexible coverage options. When it comes to specific information about things like canceling, hiring contractors, submitting claims and more, the site is pretty light on specifics. You’ll need to contact the company to get full details.

First Premier Home Warranty Reviews

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Home Warranty?

Original review: July 22, 2022

After years of being let down by another popular home warranty company, I spoke to David at Premier Home Warranty and he was so helpful at answering my questions and addressing my concerns about rates and coverage. This company strives to provide exceptional service at an affordable rate, and my only regret is that I didn’t make the switch sooner.

First Premier Home Warranty response

Joshua, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2022

Joe ** was great. He was really good about giving me all the information that I needed in a quick and straightforward fashion and he made the 5 Year Plan offer really hard to turn down, although normally I would turn down those kind of offers. However, because he was so straightforward and honest about the coverage I felt comfortable enough to commit to 5 years upfront knowing that he would be my direct salesperson. I'd give him a raise if I were in charge of that.

First Premier Home Warranty response

Sirat - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Michael ** was the person that help guide me. He was extremely patient with answering all my questions and even gave me a couple days to think things over with hassle or overselling. I asked that he call back in couple of days expecting to never hear from him again, and like clockwork he call me back...I felt no pressure and he was very thorough with explaining the services and cost. I felt good about our conversation and decided to become a client.

First Premier Home Warranty response

Keeon, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Purchasing a home warranty is an easy decision. It is so important to have peace of mind in the various systems associated with today's home. It increases the likelihood that a qualified technician will be contacted in the event that something breaks. It decreases the opportunity for the consumer to go It alone and find an unqualified technician based on their price quote to do it for less. I am pleased as a person with a family to care for that a service like this is available and to know that I am covered in the likelihood that Murphy's Law presents itself.

Kris,

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

In looking for a Home Warranty I was in contact with 6 companies. I chose 1st Premier not only for the excellent value but also for their demeanor in dealing with me; no pressure tactics, no hassles, no sales hustle. Roy and Jason were patient, honest with me, helpful and thorough. If you're in the market for a Home Warranty I highly recommend you check out 1st Premier!

First Premier Home Warranty response

Jonathan, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Resolution response: Sept. 19, 2022

All is fine between me and First Premier Home Warranty.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Updated on 09/20/2022: Please take my word for it. The problem has been resolved...oh my god I don't know what else to say resolved resolved resolved resolved. What else can I say. The problem is resolved.

Original Review: I wanted home warranty, First Premier was highly rated, I called them. Spoke with Joe. His talk was very good until I got the contract and most of my concerns were voided in the last "not covered" paragraphs. I was told I could cancel the policy within 30 days with no problem. After reading the exclusions I found that my property had as many exclusions as inclusions and I tried to cancel the policy, ha ha that request went unheeded and only a lot of double talk ensued, they had no intention of canceling the policy. They had no intention of notifying the credit card company and now more double talk.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I signed up for the plan and paid $42 on 7/20/22. I was also charged on 8/20/22 for $42. I had to wait 30 days to file a claim, which I did on 8/22/22 for a plumbing concern. I filed claim #700 and was assigned a plumber on 8/23/22. However, the plumber never returned my call or came to my home. I called First Premier and they assigned another plumber, who also never returned my call or made an appointment. He even said the warranty company contacted him but didn't state they were a home warranty company.

They seem to select contractors that are not professional, licensed, or highly rated. I called to cancel my warranty and was told to pay a $50 cancellation fee or face collections (even though they don't have my SSN). I told them I already paid $84 dollars and did not receive any service. All they did was waste my time. I paid the $50 to get rid of them for good. I also made them aware I will be complaining about their horrible service and warning others about them.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

I just switched from another company to First Premier due to same coverage at greater value. Also Customer Service Rep was extremely knowledgeable, professional, polite and prompt! They worked with me to assess my needs to get me the best plan for my budget while making certain my needs were met!

First Premier Home Warranty response

Andrea, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Salesperson was very Professional at this field, it explain every detail, answer any questions that I asked, explains all the services that the Company has, gives incentives to the Client at the first time, it gives 2 months free after getting the Home Warranty for a year, it explains also about Citizen and Seniors discounts, etc, etc.

First Premier Home Warranty response

Jose, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Felt that Micheal ** did a great job in explaining the plan to me and prices for such. I feel your plan offers more the three other plans I looked at and your price for such is very affordable for the average owner such as myself.

First Premier Home Warranty response

Donald, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to continuing to provide you with outstanding service. You are welcome to contact us at any time.

First Premier Home Warranty Company Information