Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
1.03/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs!

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Quit paying for costly home repairs!

39 Fidelity National Home Warranty Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 17, 2019

I bought my house in 4/19, I had a problem 1 week into living there. Nightmare to work with and denied everything. Terrible experience, then two months later, another problem and more nightmare. Every time I speak to someone on the phone, they put me on hold and someone new picks up, I tell the story again, they put me on hold and round and round. I'm supposed to have the highest warranty and they have done nothing to help. I do not recommend working with this company. The only phrases that come to mind are: cheap, always not covered and worthless phone assistance.

Original review: July 9, 2019

They send out person to "verify claim", and then state it's preexisting so they don't have to pay for repair. When you cancel your policy they charge $50 Admin Fee and have hidden fees not disclosed. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 3, 2019

Basically, they are very eager to take your service fee, then do everything they can to get out of your claim. One of their employees actually called my plumbing claim suspect & cancelled the work order, then said that I had cancelled the work order. I would never use them again, & would advise anyone considering buying their plan to use another company.

Original review: June 30, 2019

The pipe to our well diaphragm IN a closet IN the garage sprung a leak this morning around 2 AM. I called Fidelity at 8 AM and was told that my ticket would be under a priority because the water was shut off to the house. Nothing. I called them again at noon and the representative confirmed my suspicions that because it is Sunday the company is doing nothing and waiting until tomorrow so that they can avoid the Sunday expense. This rep gave me the name of the three approved vendors in the area whom I called and one of them answered and just completed the repair.

As the plumber was getting ready to leave and going over paperwork he asked me for the full amount because he had no idea this was under Fidelity. I’m a realtor and I buy almost every one of my clients one of these policies... or used to. If I hadn’t harassed them and done my own legwork we still would have no water through at least tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing if they even cover it after all that’s been said and done! The smart $ says they’ll find a way to deny it.

Original review: June 27, 2019

My A/C units are 20+ years old. Fidelity has dispatched twice in the last six weeks. The first time to add freon, this time it was the compressor. The tech ordered the compressor and it took Fidelity 4 days to "review and approve" the purchase. I live in Texas....It's 103....What is so hard to "review and approve" about a 20+ year old A/C. By the time I get the part installed, it will have been 5 days. RIDICULOUS. To add insult to injury - Fidelity never knows whether or not the vendor has the part. They don't talk - once Fidelity approves, they wash their hands off it. I will not renew with this bogus, crappy company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Original review: June 25, 2019

Terrible company practice - stay away if possible. At this point, I will expressly request a different home warranty provider if I purchase another home. Having Fidelity National is actually worse than having no warranty at all for new homeowners. It's likely the parts in your home degrade over time, and the "warranty" program from Fidelity National is unable to remedy common issues on a technicality. In my scenario, some of our shower valves had some screws fall out during the time they were installed in the house to the time I closed. This rendered the valves inoperable by our guests; with one almost burning themselves when hot water decided to pour out of the shower unexpectedly.

Since the issue was linked to missing screws, Fidelity National chose to deny the claim since there were "missing parts." Yes, missing screws are missing parts based on their guidelines. After conversing with their "manager," I learned "missing parts" extends to the following scenarios as not-coverable: a fan is missing a belt, valve is missing a bearing, furnace pilot is missing a wire. It's likely the previous homeowners would simply sweep away these parts during the act of preparing their home for sale. So maybe if you have an existing home you could save these "parts" and produce them as necessary. But new homeowners are stuck with their technicality of "missing parts".

The worst part of this is that I actually consulted with their representative over the phone to clearly ask if worn out parts that seemed to be missing screws/labels is covered. They initially said "yes" and recommended I submit a claim. Then I filed a claim and learned I was denied since a screw on the valve was missing. Bottom line, stay away from this company; especially if you're participating in a house transaction.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Fidelity denied my claim for A/C repair because it said the A/C is covered under the Manufacture warranty which is incorrect. The manufacturer warranties parts and labor for one year, parts only for 5 years. The unit is 3 years old. Fidelity said they would not cover the labor portion of the repair even though their contract states "...covers any other components of the product which are specifically identified and covered in this service contract and which are not covered by any other contract, warranty or insurance policy." The coil specifically identified in Fidelity's contract as a covered part is no longer under manufacture labor warranty and so the labor to install that part should be covered by Fidelity. My request to speak to a supervisor was denied. This is not the first incidence of Fidelity denying a claim on a flimsy technicality.

Original review: June 16, 2019

Seriously listen to the reviews below. This company is completely fraudulent. Even having technicians come out and "assess" the AC unit fraudulently. How can you diagnose an AC problem standing 5 feet away from the unit and never actually looking at it, the thermostat or other parts? Amber (The only supervisor) in authorization - was so incredibly rude, she literally yelled at me, was even more hostile than a hungry badger. She was VERY unhappy when I told her that the call was being recorded and became even more hostile. She interrupted by screaming at me asking "if she could finish" when I was trying to ask a question about what she had just said.

TERRIBLE company, completely fraudulent, gives you the runaround and hung up saying I was "threatening her" when I simply informed her that my one star BBB review would be the 250th complaint! So now I am without AC because they "assessed" my unit as a maintenance problem from 5 feet away and then REFUSED to send out a 2nd technician. RUN RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN! GET AWAY FROM THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY AND DON'T RELY ON THE BBB A+ rating. It is COMPLETELY FALSE!

Original review: June 15, 2019

Called for service for my A/C unit blower wasn't working, they sent a repairman to fix it, he did but after he left air wasn't coming out all the vents, called the company back. They charge me another service charge, even though the first guy didn't complete the job. The next guy came out after 4 days and said that the unit was working. As for the issue of the air not flowing he said he would report it and they will send someone else out to check the problem. 2 days later I got a call from the office, said that the unit was too small for my house, my response was it blew fine for two years and now it's not, I just want it to work the way it did the last two years. Also if the unit was too small for the house then why did they take my money and warranty it. Save your money. They will find some way to get out of servicing your stuff..

Original review: June 4, 2019

Frustrating experience with a simple kitchen drain clearance job. Our kitchen sink got blocked. They sent a technician who came and said that a "clean out" costing $450 was necessary, which was not covered by warranty. We had to scramble on weekend to get a local plumber who cleared out the blockage in 20 minutes. We had to pay $175 for it because of weekend. The company insisted I needed to pay $75 for the visit even though the technician did no work and made a wrong diagnosis. When I called the company to dispute the charge, two of their customer service reps hung up on me. The way I look at it, either the technician was incompetent or trying to get extra payment. Both of which are wrong. The least the company could have done is to not charge for the useless visit. It would be a small compensation for the hassle they put us in and the extra money they made us spend.

Original review: May 22, 2019

This Company's home warranty contract is not worth the paper it is written on & if you have their Home Waranty use it for TP. You will get better use of it than trying to use their services.. I have tried to use their services 4 times over the last 7 months of & they have not completed 1 single occurrence that I have filed a claim & Paid the $75.00 Service Trade Call Fee to initiate the repair request. SAVE the $75.00 & use the money to hire your own contractor, service provider or take care of the repair yourself & you will SAVE $75.00 & hours of aggravation.

After working with their less than qualified Contractors & Service Providers that do not want to be on your job in the 1st place the Tech never completes the repair & states it is out of the scope of what is covered or Fidelity National Home Warranty representative informs you they will not cover the repair due to some LOOP HOLE they have in their contract. 1 STAR is far too many for this company, but 0 or minus numbers are not an option to complete this review & I cannot say enough bad things about their Service & lack of concern to help their Customers. I hope this helps others stay away.

Original review: March 27, 2019

This company is terrible. Of the times I have called them in the past year (6 or more) they have sent competent people that fixed my issues, maybe twice. They have no way of requesting technicians, it's all random and most of the people they send out are not well trained. So, I waste $75 for a tech to come out and tell me they can't help. I could find better techs on my own for cheaper service fees. Their customer service agents are a joke. They have no empathy and want to stick to their scripts instead of listening to what their customers are saying. Find a different warranty company because this one is crap.

Original review: March 5, 2019

So I purchased our home warranty in Arizona. It has been nothing but problems, I have paid the $75 three times and have had to use my own guys three times. They will not refund my money or reimburse me. No one has called me back and now I might have to get a lawyer. Horrible service.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I used to have a home warranty policy with this company. Awful. Check out the BBB: Over 600 complaints! YELP gives a one-star rating with over 1,100 reviews! Many reviews say they would give NEGATIVE stars if possible. Save your money! STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

This company has continuously failed me. 1/10: I called FNHW because my pressure regulator was leaking. They said they would send someone out to fix the issue. They required collecting the $75 fee before even creating the work order and sending a technician, first suspicious note. Typically I pay for services AFTER they have been completed, to ensure satisfactory work service. The technician came out and he took pics and LEFT, stating he would need to order parts and come back. Okay, makes sense somewhat. However, not in line with what FNHW stated when they said they would be sending out a qualified, licensed plumber who would have all the parts to do the repairs on the spot.

1/22: I had to call back to arrange another appointment since the plumber and FNHW never followed up with me. They sent the same plumber out again, which I thought would be good. BUT this guy AGAIN took pictures and LEFT. WHAT IN THE WORLD?? I took time off work for two half days now and have nothing to show for it.

2/9: I ask them to send out a new qualified plumber who will have the part ready since it should have been reported what type of part is needed. The rep assured me they would be sending out a plumber who would have the part on hand and would not need to take a picture in order to order the parts. Guess what... The plumber shows up and yet AGAIN takes a picture and leaves and does not fix the issue. On top of all this the customer service from Fidelity was COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS and some of the worst bedside manner throughout all this. They will COMPLETELY deny any responsibility for fulfilling your contract. DO NOT TRUST FIDELITY. They assume no liability or responsibility for contracts getting resolved. If you are worried about a plumbing leak getting fixed in less than a month later after 4 visits, save your money and pay out of pocket. This company is THE_WORST_COMPANY_EVER!!!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I purchased a new home in September, by the end of October my dryer stopped producing hot air, my dishwasher was leaking, the circuit board wasn't working properly, my stove top burner stopped lighting. I contacted Fidelity, 1 inspection later they told me I could not have had so much damage in the time I owned the home. They refused to let me speak to a manager. I reached out to BBB, our sales rep, and our realtor...then had a 2nd inspection. To which they pointed out the exact same problems then came the lies. Fidelity Home Warranty tried to say the 2nd inspector told them we said "it was already broken and never worked" LIE! They flat out lied. I called the inspector to ask if this was true. Because I know those words NEVER EVER came out of my mouth. He said "no" so that means Fidelity is flat out lying in order not to replace my dishwasher. It's been 5 months of a horrible back and forth. They just hope they wear you down and you give up.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I had Fidelity Home Warranty insurance for a year. I only used them for plumbing service. Their plumbing vendor broke my sprinkler valve by mistake and didn’t fix it. From the first call and the insurance was favoring the vendor decision not to fix my sprinkler valve over my request.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

***WARNING***DO NOT USE*** I am going to give Fidelity honest reviews by warning family and friends to STAY AWAY! I am a fairly new customer as in minimal claims and Fidelity could not wait to deny my claim of fixing my toilet. They denied it immediately, they spent no time thinking about it or anything. They asked me for my property inspection to make sure there was no recommendations about the toilet and claimed that if it wasn't they would consider fixing it. Lies!!! My realtors warned me that they weren't that good, but the previous homeowner bought the policy, so we had no say so. I am going to spread the word for homeowners to choose smarter. They didn't even call to tell me that my claim was denied, they sent a closed ticket email.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I have two properties under contract with this company and had an extremely bad experience with this company. First property: Tenant reported A/C problem on 5/2018. After I paid $75 for service call, they sent a technician to my place. This technician stated that there were nothing wrong with the AC unit and no further action needed.

Tenant reported A/C problem again on 11/2018. I paid $75 again for the service call. Technician came out and said zone board is broken, which is not covered by home warranty. Zone board needs to be replaced so that they can continue the worker. I spent $350 out of pocket to replace the new zone board. After upload the evidence to their system, I was told they will continue the work order. I was waiting and never got any appointment confirmation. I have followed up every day for next 10 days, and the new order has been created. I thought everything is okay now and expect the appointment confirmation shortly. Two days after that, the manager called and asked me to pay additional $75 so they can continue their work order... This company seems like a scam to me now.

Second Property: Tenant reported garbage disposal is not working properly on 06/2018. I paid $75 service call. Technician came and stated this is not covered by the home warranty because the garbage disposal is still working, it just the pipes were installed not properly. Again, not sure what is going on but I feel like this company should not be in business.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

This company is absolutely terrible. This company is classless and their conduct should be considered criminal. Do not under any circumstances contact this company for a warranty. You are better off paying for a finding experts yourself, because they certainly do not contract experts. This review may seem too harsh but I assure you it is not.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I had a plumbing issue where the water leaked from the third floor all the way to the garage. On a weekend, we had to get someone to come over quickly to stop the leak. So they only "cut the pipe" and "capped" it to stop the leak. So that we wouldn't be charged the "premium" rate on a weekend. Then I realized that we had Fidelity home warranty, and promptly called them. I described the whole issue, including the cut and capped pipe. So they sent over someone almost certain that it is covered.

When their plumber arrives, they - including Fidelity - conclude that it is not covered by the warranty. So they charge me the $75. And deny the job because they said that they "can't replace something that is not originally there." So I offered to call back the weekend plumber to show them the "cut pipe." And they said that the policy is that they should "see the original materials" otherwise they can't replace. So, I can't get them to do their job because their "skeptical" of what is being replaced. Even if the walls are opened up from third floor all the way to the garage as proof that the leak happened.

So in my disgust, I called to cancel my policy. Only to be told that they are charging me $50 cancellation fee. So I question what for? And they said that it is in the contract. So they collected $75 from me for "diagnosis" and another $50 for cancellation charges that they couldn't even itemize. They initially said that it was for the "refunding" of my pro-rated payment. And I said, for $50? For a click of a button to the bank - which by the way, every retailer practically does for free? This company is a money-siphoning insurance company. Please don't make the mistake of signing up with them. They treat you shabbily.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I have dealt with several home warranty companies in the last 25 yrs being in real estate. I have never seen any company as horrific as this one. Shame on them. They refused to repair my appliance that was not working properly in the house and call it a pre-existing condition. Such a great excuse not to pay for the repairs. On top of it, they charged the service fee of $75. If you are planning to buy home warranty from this lousy, dishonest unreliable company with the rudest salesperson in Orange County, then do not waste your money. They will not repair a thing. I canceled them the first month, very smart move.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Actually would not even give 1 star if had a choice. The authorization department might not exist. One call today, on hold for over 30 min and had to get back to work. Second call today was told wait time over 30 min. Call FNHW home office, no help said to call the authorization department. Typical insurance co runaround. Ask home office if they were understaffed, person replied NO. Guess they just don't want to service their policies.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Fidelity Home Warranty has refused to fulfill their contractual obligation to fix our refrigerator. They will also not return any of our calls relating to this claim. We have been on hold for over 13 hours over the past couple weeks. They have scheduled nine repair attempts and no service tech has been able to successfully fix our refrigerator. It's now time for Fidelity to perform and replace this appliance. The treatment we have received from our customer service Chris (woman) was disgusting, and rude. We are looking for a full replacement of our refrigerator.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Called them out for a problem with the refrigerator. The technician came out and claimed the problem was that the door wasn't closing properly because the drawer was partially out and preventing the door to close. A few weeks later, still having the same problem and I was sure the door has been closed. Called for a technician to check it out again, within the 30 day period. They came out, now they say it is a compressor that is intermittent and needs to be replaced. However, they are charging me for 2 service calls.

I have tried to call and speak with some at the company about the double service call charges for the same issue. I had to wait 17 minutes for first person to pick up the phone, only to tell me that he needs to forward it to another dept. The second wait was 1 hour 12 min, and then I got disconnected. Then I had to call back wait another 16 minutes for someone to answer the call, to tell me that they need to forward to another dept again. My recommendation is to DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. PICK ANY OTHER COMPANY. THEY HAVE VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I would give them no stars if possible. Long story, so bear with me... I called them on a Tuesday in July for A/C repairs. The company they chose to send me to, didn't call me for a week (after me having to call that AC company twice (was only ever able to leave messages)). I also tried calling Fidelity after not hearing from them during that week, but was told by a recorded voice that it would be a 25 minute wait to speak to someone!

Finally the AC company called me the following Tuesday, and couldn't come out for yet another week - two weeks total from when I filed the claim. I live in So. CA, and there has been a massive heat wave - continuous. My AC, was on constantly - and never got below 81 or 82 (at best - sometimes 85 - with AC at full blast), all day (and I have a dog, so not like I could turn it off). The AC company came out and fixed it (I hope), and it's working a bit better.

HOWEVER... Today I got my lovely electrical bill (AC) and (even though I turn off the AC every night) it went from $116.80 last month to $630.47 (my house is 1500sf)!!! So not only is that a 540% increase in one month, but I also have to pay the $75 service call to Fidelity. I called Fidelity (15 minute hold time) - they blamed the AC company for the timing, and me for not calling to complain about the company not calling me (I had - but it was a 25 minute wait to speak with someone).

I then called the AC company, and they blamed Fidelity - said they had sent an email to them (cc'ing the higher ups) to NOT give them any more contracts as they were completely backed up. They sent them my contract anyway. I then called Fidelity again (yet another 15 minute wait) and asked to speak to a manager, who just keep referring to their "contract" - continually saying "it's not in our contract to pay your bill just because it took the company longer to come out to fix the appliance, we are just there to pay for the appliance to get fixed".

I told him I was not in any way asking him to him to pay the whole bill, I felt it was fair to pay a portion of my own bill of course, but asked him for some sort of customer service "Goodwill" - just to keep a customer happy (I mean seriously, $50 wouldn't have killed them - throw someone a bone, and they're happy). He of course reverted back yet again to the "contract" and said that if they did that for me, they'd have to do it for everybody (which begs the question - does this happen often???).

Word to the wise. Do NOT, whatever you do - use this company, or buy a Home Warranty from this company. It would've been probably the same price for a simple service call as the $75 co-pay I have to pay them, and I would've gotten my AC fixed faster - probably more efficiently, saved hours on the phone, and my bill would probably be half of what it is. Extremely disappointed in their customer service, follow up and attitude of the management on the phone. No wonder they have a 1 Star rating on Consumer Affairs, and 191 Negative posts on the BBB - as well as 630 Customer complaints on that website (631 after I'm done. So short sighted. A tiny bit of help would've gone a really long way to keeping a customer happy, have them renew their warranty for next year, and recommend their company to others. It's a shame... Bad Business.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

The first incident was a washer and dryer--both broken after close of escrow. The company sent took months to effect the repair, stood me up multiple, multiple times, told me the machine could not be repaired, and then called after I had replaced it saying the original washer could have been repaired and I was wrong to have accepted the verbal report of the technician. When I complained to Fidelity and noted that the Yelp reviews were abysmal on this company, their response was "Those reviews are often biased and we will continue to use this provider" (!!!). This most recent event was a broken spa--spent 45 minutes on hold to get hold of Fidelity after the repair company abruptly cancelled, received authorization up to $700, then was told today that the repair is not covered. Great support Fidelity. Will NEVER recommend this company to our clients.

Original review: July 27, 2018

They hire the worst contractors; it took 5 weeks to get my toilet repaired, the plumber had to come out four times before he finally got it fixed. Now I am trying to get my A/C repaired; put in the request 3 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting. When I call to try to get a status update, the hold time is over an hour! Worst customer service ever.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I have requested to have my air condition repaired on July 1, 2018 and today is July 25th and still waiting. Made numerous calls to the service and authorization department and they act like all is well and the serviceman will call ASAP. I have agreed to make the co payment and service fee and yet my AC serviceman is still waiting for them to authorize the repair. I have had other Home Owner's warranty insurance companies in the past and this company is by far the worst!!!

Original review: July 18, 2018

Broken dishwasher drain pump. Tech came out and assessed. I heard nothing for days. Had to call any time I wanted an update. Lots of back and forth with the service vendor; tech's notes weren't clear. A MONTH LATER finally just told them I wanted to cash out because of how incompetent they are. I'm glad my dishwasher pump which has been running continuously for a month didn't burn up, catch fire and burn my house down with my dogs inside. EVERY time I called it was a 20+ minute wait. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE. This company should be EMBARRASSED.

Fidelity National Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Fidelity National Home Warranty sells home warranties to both home buyers and home sellers. With a history of superior customer service dating back to 1978, Fidelity National Home Warranty services Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

• Variable rates: Depending on where you live, your rate with Fidelity National Home Warranty will vary. Check the Fidelity National Home Warranty website to see your available rates. Coverage starts 30 days after purchase.

• For buyers and sellers: Fidelity sells warranties to both home buyers and home sellers. Buyers can cover their purchases and ensure longer life for their appliances, and sellers can include their warranty in their offer.

• Trained service representatives: Local licensed service representatives are available to answer your questions and help you with any appliance problems you have. All it takes is one call to guarantee service.

• Ways to purchase: There are several ways to get a Fidelity warranty. You can purchase warranties online, over the phone or from a local dealer or real estate agent.

• Maintenance guides: From cleaning your garbage disposal to making small plumbing repairs, Fidelity has several PDF guides to maintaining your home and appliances. All of them are available online for free.

• Best for: homeowners and home sellers looking for extra appliance coverage.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
      Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Company Information