2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.03/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a base home warranty plan with optional add-ons. Plan costs range from $350 to $445 annually. The company places no age limit on the appliances and systems it covers. It protects homeowners in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

BOTTOM LINE

Fidelity National Home Warranty has affordably priced plans and helpful information on its website, but it isn't available in many locations, and some consumer reviews mention poor customer service.

PROS

• Low costs
    • Online resources
    • No age limits on covered items

CONS

• Reports of poor customer service
    • Not available in most states

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

What is Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers home warranties to residents in 15 states. Its base plan covers an array of home appliances and systems. Most homeowners should consider choosing additional coverage with Fidelity National Home Warranty's add-on options since the base plan doesn't cover some common household appliances and systems.

Fidelity National Home Warranty plans

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a standard plan and lets customers choose any add-ons they want. However, its standard plan doesn't provide coverage for systems and appliances that are included in many of its competitors' home warranty plans.

• Standard plan: Covers up to 23 household systems and appliances
      • Optional add-ons: Includes air conditioning system, refrigerators and pool equipment

Fidelity Home Warranty coverage

Fidelity National Home Warranty only offers one standard plan, but customers are able to purchase additional coverage for specific appliances and systems.

Standard plan
      Fidelity National Home Warranty only offers coverage in 15 states, so prospective customers should make sure the company operates in their area. Fidelity National Home Warranty’s standard plan covers the following appliances and systems:
      • Oven
      • Heating and ductwork
      • Water heater
      • Plumbing system
      • Bathroom whirlpool motor pump
      • Sump pump (if permanently installed)
      • Instant hot water dispenser
      • Toilets
      • Built-in microwave
      • Central vacuum system
      Optional coverage
      Fidelity National Home Warranty also offers optional coverage for the following appliances and systems:
      • Pool and spa equipment
      • Roof leak repair
      Noncovered items
      Fidelity National Home Warranty doesn’t cover the following:
      • Abused systems or appliances
      • Systems and appliances that aren’t regularly maintained
      • Equipment designed for commercial use
      • Secondary appliances or systems that fail because of a covered appliance or system
      • Damage from natural disasters

Fidelity Home Warranty pricing

The minimum annual price for a home warranty from Fidelity National Home Warranty is $350, but we've seen costs up to $445. These prices are low, but some items considered add-ons by the company, like air conditioning and refrigerators — included standard by most other companies — add to cost. The average service fee with Fidelity National Home Warranty is $75.

We don't love the quote process from Fidelity National Home Warranty. When we clicked the link to get a quote on its website, we received a message telling us to call the company instead. Most home warranty company websites have online functionality allowing customers to obtain a quote and buy the home warranty.

Fidelity National Home Warranty FAQ

Will Fidelity National Home Warranty cover older homes?
      Yes. Fidelity National Home Warranty doesn’t exclude coverage based on the age of your home as long as systems and appliances are working properly at the start of coverage.
      Does Fidelity National Home Warranty cover mold?
      No, Fidelity National Home Warranty does not pay for mold removal.
      How long does my coverage last from Fidelity National Home Warranty?
      Fidelity National Home Warranty's plans last one year.
      Does my plan with Fidelity National Home Warranty auto-renew?
      No. To renew a plan, customers must log on to their account online or call Fidelity National Home Warranty directly.

Is Fidelity National Home Warranty worth it?

For most homeowners, Fidelity National Home Warranty probably isn't worth it. The company's low prices might appeal to those on a budget, but the lower prices also come with less coverage than Fidelity National Home Warranty's competitors. The company has a clunky online experience and negative consumer reviews of its firm cancellation policy and customer service. For these reasons, we don't feel comfortable recommending Fidelity National Home Warranty for most homeowners. If you are still interested in a home warranty, continue researching home warranty companies and look for one with a more reliable track record.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

What does a person have to do to get help? I filed a claim on Friday on an automated phone line. I received the name of a contractor who was supposed to contact me within 24 hours, though, being a weekend, I didn't expect a call until Monday. When I received no call by early afternoon on Monday, I called the contractor and left a message. A few hours later I called Fidelity with the intent of requesting another referral. After holding for 30 minutes, I had to hang up. I can find no place on the website to report that I have not received service. I am frustrated at finding no avenue for escalating this issue. My contract is up for renewal...Hmmm....Wonder what I'll do...?

Original review: July 29, 2020

I still don’t know how this place still operate. It takes them 2 weeks, almost 3 to solve an A/C issue. No calls, no solution at all. You pretty much have to wait 1hr to get a hold of someone on the phone to talk to you like if you are an idiot. They do not understand anything, no sense of urgency, they make mistakes ordering parts, they don’t take matters seriously, which is what happened in our case. 1st a gas leak and now an a/c issue that has taken up to 2 weeks with a 1yr old at home in Texas and me being 8 months pregnant. DO NOT go with this company this is a joke. And Jennifer one of the customer service rep is the worst.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I had a water heater leak and put a service request. It's almost 13 days the issue has not been resolved. I have called 22 times (each time it took 35-50 minutes) before someone picked up the call. All of them provided conflicting information regarding my case, now, they are still reviewing the case. I was told for the last five days that an analyst and manager will call me. But so far in vain. There is no option to contact the manager or anyone else, except talking to CS representative. My water heater is still leaking. No one should sign up with the cheat company.

Original review: July 22, 2020

If I could rate this company zero stars, I would. We purchased a home last year and our seller provided a home warranty through Fidelity. First of all, the customer service is atrocious. Their agents are rude and have no sense of urgency. When our A/C went out in the Texas heat, they drag their feet on getting us a coverage amount for WEEKS. We called every single day to try to get them to move things along to no avail. Finally, when they did decide to give us a coverage amount, they refused to accept our technician's recommendation that the entire system be replaced (indoor and outdoor) due to incompatibility between a new system and our old 20-year-old system, and agreed only to replace the outdoor unit. We had to pay out of pocket to replace the rest of the system which, of course, was more than four times the amount that Fidelity paid us.

Second, their coverage is terrible. The policy is expensive and covers far less than any other company we have looked into. Want your fridge covered along with your other kitchen appliances? You have to pay extra. Refrigerator coverage appears to be standard for most other companies. Not this one. If you want to deal with rude agents and be nickle-and-dimed every single time you have a problem, go with Fidelity. If you want a decent home warranty that provides adequate coverage for the price, look elsewhere.

Original review: July 21, 2020

This company is awful. Their customer service is atrocious. I haven't been able to talk to anyone in customer service in two days of trying to contact them. Oh wait, that's a lie. I did get connected to a service representative and they promptly hung up on me. On hold for hours and then their service just disconnects the call so I call back in and wait on hold until they drop the call again. Their website is broken so you can't actually submit a service request there either. This is criminal and I should get a refund since I can't actually submit a request for service. Who needs a working oven anyways when you're stuck at home during the pandemic? If you call their sales team, you'll be speaking with a person within minutes so they call shill their fake warranty that they do everything in their power to avoid honoring. Beyond frustrating. Stay far away from this terrible company.

Original review: July 16, 2020

We purchased an older home in mid May, moved in on the first of June. Our AC went out the afternoon of July 9th, just in time for the start of a heat advisory in this part of Texas. We contacted our home warranty people, and after an hour plus on hold, were told that they would try to have someone out here by...Tuesday! We asked for the name of the company, got it, and tried to call them directly. Nothing. Had to get a window unit so we could sleep in our own house. Called Fidelity the next day, and after 5 1/2 hours on hold, got the same statement, so we decided to call someone on our own. They were able to come out on Monday, replaced the fan motor and it started to work!

Oh joy...till it tripped the breaker, and went down again. Repairman came out and looked at it and said that we need to have an electrician look at the breaker, it should not be doing this. Called Fidelity again (we had called to cancel the appointment on Tuesday earlier), to have an electrician come out. They cannot be here until...Thursday! Thursday comes along, the electrician they sent out has a look at the breaker box and breaker, then talked in circles trying to get us to say that the AC is the problem so that he doesn't have to do anything. We didn't fall for it, asked if it can be fixed today, he mumbled something, went outside to look at the AC unit, and drove off...called about 3 minutes later, said he was going to have to order the breaker and it may be here in a couple of days.

So, in one week, we have been able to use our whole home for 3/4 of one day. We cannot decide if we are going to wait on him to get back to us (I doubt he will), call Fidelity, or just cave in and call an electrician ourselves and get it fixed. I do know this, we are going to start looking at getting a new home warranty company ASAP!

Original review: July 14, 2020

The company's order system is so outdated. They would not cancel the duel charge for the same service. I made a phone call while my husband made a online request for the same service - to have our broken refrigerator fixed. They send out two technician from two separated contract company. However, the first company did not solve the problem. So when the second company called me, I thought it's the second company Fidelity send out since the first company is not able to solve the problem. So, I let him in. As a result, Fidelity charged us twice, just because Fidelity system is not able to consolidated the online and phone request. They would make customer pay for the defect of the system.

Original review: July 13, 2020

If I could give zero stars I would. This company is a joke. I’ve had issues with my fridge and now my dishwasher which were both grandfathered into the house. Both have been a nightmare to fix or replace. I’ve currently been on hold for 1 hour and 5 mins for a fix on a dishwasher, after countless hours in the past two weeks trying to get someone out here to look at it. I had to buy a deep freezer to put in the garage when my fridge died on me. They’re a garbage company with terrible customer. DO NOT buy their warranties. SERIOUSLY.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Called my warranty company on Monday when my kitchen flooded with 1/2 inch of water all over the floor and counter and everything underneath the cupboard including the walls. I was told this was an emergency and that they would get somebody out here ASAP. The next day, Tuesday I got an email from somebody saying they would come out in 2 days on Thursday.. I replied, "Sure but is there any way you could come out a day earlier on Wednesday since it's an emergency."

The plumbing provider replied didn't reply so I messaged again asking if they received my reply. She then replied on Wednesday afternoon that she didn't know and would have to check and see and get back to me. They did not get back to me and when I asked Thursday if I should be expecting someone I was told no. When I asked why I was told because they were really busy and it was so far to get to my house (an hour or more from where they were located) that they didn't have a confirmation of the Thursday appointment. I told them that I did confirm in the email that I replied to on Wednesday while asking if they could come out any earlier. Needless to say they are the only plumbing provider and now it will be several more days or longer before my emergency plumbing issue is resolved. I called the home warranty company to ask for a different provider. I was sent to another customer service representative who told me I have no choice really.

Original review: June 13, 2020

Our water heater began to leak and would not heat to a satisfactory temperature so I tried calling FNHW at about 10AM and kept trying to contact them all day via online requests and via the phone, I received no call back until 5:30 PM that day and by then I was so disgusted I had a local plumber replace the water heater at full cost. The customer service person from FNHW said sorry for the delay, they have been busy... so busy that it took 7 1/2 hours to return a call? Who knows how long it would have taken to fix the problem.. this warranty is worthless!

Fidelity National Home Warranty Company Information