1.2/5 (38 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Fidelity National Home Warranty

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a base home warranty plan with optional add-ons. Plan costs range from $350 to $445 annually. The company places no age limit on the appliances and systems it covers. It protects homeowners in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Low costs
    • Online resources
    • No age limits on covered items

Cons

• Reports of poor customer service
    • Not available in most states

Bottom Line

Fidelity National Home Warranty has affordably priced plans and helpful information on its website, but it isn't available in many locations, and some consumer reviews mention poor customer service.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

What is Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers home warranties to residents in 15 states. Its base plan covers an array of home appliances and systems. Most homeowners should consider choosing additional coverage with Fidelity National Home Warranty's add-on options since the base plan doesn't cover some common household appliances and systems.

Fidelity National Home Warranty plans

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a standard plan and lets customers choose any add-ons they want. However, its standard plan doesn't provide coverage for systems and appliances that are included in many of its competitors' home warranty plans.

• Standard plan: Covers up to 23 household systems and appliances
    • Optional add-ons: Includes air conditioning system, refrigerators and pool equipment

Fidelity Home Warranty coverage

Fidelity National Home Warranty only offers one standard plan, but customers are able to purchase additional coverage for specific appliances and systems.

Standard plan
    Fidelity National Home Warranty only offers coverage in 15 states, so prospective customers should make sure the company operates in their area. Fidelity National Home Warranty’s standard plan covers the following appliances and systems:
    • Oven
    • Heating and ductwork
    • Water heater
    • Plumbing system
    • Bathroom whirlpool motor pump
    • Sump pump (if permanently installed)
    • Instant hot water dispenser
    • Toilets
    • Built-in microwave
    • Central vacuum system
    Optional coverage
    Fidelity National Home Warranty also offers optional coverage for the following appliances and systems:
    • Pool and spa equipment
    • Roof leak repair
    Noncovered items
    Fidelity National Home Warranty doesn’t cover the following:
    • Abused systems or appliances
    • Systems and appliances that aren’t regularly maintained
    • Equipment designed for commercial use
    • Secondary appliances or systems that fail because of a covered appliance or system
    • Damage from natural disasters

Fidelity Home Warranty pricing

The minimum annual price for a home warranty from Fidelity National Home Warranty is $350, but we've seen costs up to $445. These prices are low, but some items considered add-ons by the company, like air conditioning and refrigerators — included standard by most other companies — add to cost. The average service fee with Fidelity National Home Warranty is $75.

We don't love the quote process from Fidelity National Home Warranty. When we clicked the link to get a quote on its website, we received a message telling us to call the company instead. Most home warranty company websites have online functionality allowing customers to obtain a quote and buy the home warranty.

Fidelity National Home Warranty FAQ

Will Fidelity National Home Warranty cover older homes?
    Yes. Fidelity National Home Warranty doesn’t exclude coverage based on the age of your home as long as systems and appliances are working properly at the start of coverage.
    Does Fidelity National Home Warranty cover mold?
    No, Fidelity National Home Warranty does not pay for mold removal.
    How long does my coverage last from Fidelity National Home Warranty?
    Fidelity National Home Warranty's plans last one year.
    Does my plan with Fidelity National Home Warranty auto-renew?
    No. To renew a plan, customers must log on to their account online or call Fidelity National Home Warranty directly.

Is Fidelity National Home Warranty worth it?

For most homeowners, Fidelity National Home Warranty probably isn't worth it. The company's low prices might appeal to those on a budget, but the lower prices also come with less coverage than Fidelity National Home Warranty's competitors. The company has a clunky online experience and negative consumer reviews of its firm cancellation policy and customer service. For these reasons, we don't feel comfortable recommending Fidelity National Home Warranty for most homeowners. If you are still interested in a home warranty, continue researching home warranty companies and look for one with a more reliable track record.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Original review: May 9, 2022

I just purchased a house and it came with a comprehensive one year warranty. My claim for service is being denied because on page 3 it says “Garage Door Opener Not covered: Garage door-hinges-springs-cables-rollers-guides-remote transmitters-key pads-WiFi enabled garage door openers.” Yet, on page 5 on the same contract it says “Garage Door Opener Covered: Hinges-springs-cables-remote transmitters-key pads.” I wonder what my attorney will say about this? I also wonder what the judge will say about this? I hope that you did not receive a Fidelity National Home Warranty with the purchase of your new home, nor are considering getting one.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Our AC unit died last weekend. Fidelity sent an AC tech from the company that they must have a contract with. He told us our unit was basically toast. They informed us they would replace it. So we just basically got a new unit for free. We paid the $75 service call fee. It is not the top brand on the market, but it is working, under warranty with manufacturer, and made in the good old USA!!!! Now what more could I ask for.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I had an instant hot water dispenser go out December 27. Upstream of this unit is a filter which 'T's off to a tap water dispenser. The faucet has 2 handles- one for hot water, and one for filtered tap water. After being informed of the issue, Fidelity got a plumbing company to my house the first week in January. The plumbing company left, saying they needed to get approval and order a new hot water dispenser. When I heard nothing for about a week I called Fidelity again. Apparently the plumbing company they sent didn't do hot water dispensers. They called another plumbing company. A week later they came out and confirmed that I needed a new hot water heater. They then ordered a hot water heater that didn't work with my setup. (Another 2 weeks.) When the plumbing company called Fidelity for the correct unit, Fidelity denied coverage because they said they did not cover 'cold' water dispensers.

When I called Fidelity, nothing I said could make her understand that there was a difference between a 'chilled' water unit and a faucet that also dispensed tap water. When I asked for a supervisor she continued to argue with me. Finally she said a supervisor would call me. When I missed the call, the voicemail said I could email her and a supervisor would try again. I never got a supervisor. Finally I got the plumbing company to call Fidelity and explain the difference between a 'chilled' water dispenser and a tap water dispenser. My unit was finally installed in mid-March. I am/was a Fidelity customer for about 10 years, after switching from American Home Shield, and this the worst service I could have imagined.

Original review: March 18, 2022

My furnace has insulation foam in one of the tunings. The foam started to melt and drip over a furnace surface. I Called the home warranty and paid the deductible. They sent a technician that said the furnace is working, therefore there is not repair to be made. Later I receive a letter where fidelity decline my claim since "The technician found no failure". I do not understand this company. Should the house be burn to demonstrate that there is something wrong with the furnace!!!

Original review: March 15, 2022

Similar to other reviews we received the run-around when our oven/range had an error code. The worst 1 star vendors are assigned whom are in turn very un-professional and admit verbally that they just drag things out until the owner gives up. They do not attempt to repair on site. They do not bring a replacement part when your bad part needs to go for refurbishment. They basically admit that refurbishment is a long shot since there are no more spare parts available for this model. They can not guarantee any time frame within which your appliance will be repaired. They will (of course) go out of their way to make sure they don't have to replace your entire unit (which would cost more than the warranty you paid).

Sadly we can not really go months without oven/range or I would drag it on forever to see who gives up first. Upon calling out the fraudulous scam and requesting a refund of the home warranty - they also deny that. Beware. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is. If there is a lawyer out there who wants to start a class action lawsuit I am sure we'll find 1000s of customers ready to join.

Original review: March 3, 2022

This company is the absolute worst. We had a sewage/plumbing backup at night in our home where our 89 year old parents live and one of them on hospice care, and we called fidelity and they dispatched the emergency service request to a company that does not have 24 hour support. When I called to request they use a different company, their answer was, your contract states that if we can find someone to respond in 24 hours then we don’t have to. So the company they dispatched would come out at 11 am the next day and this issue was at like 8 pm at night. So I said we have to smell this toxic smell and deal with this back up in showers and toilet until tomorrow afternoon?? Their answer was yes.

UNACCEPTABLE!!! No bathrooms and also just the smell, how is that ok??? I ended up calling a 24 hour service to come take care of it and it was not cheap. If you ask me, this is how they get out of having to pay for a service they know will be expensive. I think if others have had this issue, we should try and file a class action suit against them!! My renewal is in two weeks and you better believe it won’t be with them!! If you are thinking of going with this company, I recommend NOT!!! Not only that, when I wanted to speak to a manager to complain, they created a ticket and I have yet to receive a call on the matter. Of course it hasn’t been 24 hours yet but I don’t care! I called again this morning to complain and the rep said he would transfer me to a different dept. and guess what??? He just left me on hold! Right!! Do not give them your business!!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Complete waste of time & money. Constant run around, don't seem to care how long it takes. The repair person has been here twice, was supposed to have parts on visit 3 weeks ago but didn't. Not sure why I waited at home for him, he did nothing. Coming back tomorrow to see what parts are needed, and then again when he gets parts. It's as if they are hoping I get tired and decide I don't need working appliances.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

We had a septic tank that needed repair. Fidelity could not find a service provider so I did. Most of my calls were directed overseas. The cost for the repair is $9,000.00. Of course Fidelity is hiding during this time. I hold numerous times on the phone for over an hour. I submit all the documents email. I fill everything out. Over 30 days later they are saying they will give me $975 out of the $9,000.00. Why did I pay all this money to go with them - this is a joke. Do yourself a favor - avoid this company. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

For first time in a year and after paying $1100 for enhanced coverage called to have a broken garage door cable replaced but thru sent an unlicensed contractor who took some photos and went into his truck and then came back saying it is not covered due to abnormal use!!!. The contractors was three days and two appointments late so I write a negative review on his Facebook page 4 hours before he showed up. I called the Fidelity to send someone else but they send him without notifying me. In retaliation for bad review he lied to warranty representative who would not listen to my argument and refused request for 2nd opinion and then hung up the phone.

I responded to their denial email with my proof that all cables and spring is covered under warranty and can’t figure out what can be abnormal about opening or closing a garage door that they claimed. Wasted $1100 in premium paid plus a $75 service fee for absolutely nothing. They are going the same path that AHS warranty has gone and just find a ridiculous reason to deny legitimate claims. They saved ($15) by denying this claim and lost my trust and renewal. BEWARE.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I placed a call for service on 12/19. A service provider finally showed up on 12/28. While the repair was approved on 12/28, my washer is still not repaired. As of today, FNHW nor the repair company are responding to calls or voice mail. I paid a $75 service fee on 12/19/2021, my washer is still broken, and no one answers the phone or returns phone calls. I DO NOT recommend this company.

Take a Home Warranty Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Company Information