Find a Home Warranties partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Fidelity National Home Warranty

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a base home warranty plan with optional add-ons. Plan costs range from $350 to $445 annually. The company places no age limit on the appliances and systems it covers. It protects homeowners in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Low costs
    • Online resources
    • No age limits on covered items

Cons

• Reports of poor customer service
    • Not available in most states

Bottom Line

Fidelity National Home Warranty has affordably priced plans and helpful information on its website, but it isn't available in many locations, and some consumer reviews mention poor customer service.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

What is Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers home warranties to residents in 15 states. Its base plan covers an array of home appliances and systems. Most homeowners should consider choosing additional coverage with Fidelity National Home Warranty's add-on options since the base plan doesn't cover some common household appliances and systems.

Fidelity National Home Warranty plans

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a standard plan and lets customers choose any add-ons they want. However, its standard plan doesn't provide coverage for systems and appliances that are included in many of its competitors' home warranty plans.

• Standard plan: Covers up to 23 household systems and appliances
    • Optional add-ons: Includes air conditioning system, refrigerators and pool equipment

Fidelity Home Warranty coverage

Fidelity National Home Warranty only offers one standard plan, but customers are able to purchase additional coverage for specific appliances and systems.

Standard plan
    Fidelity National Home Warranty only offers coverage in 15 states, so prospective customers should make sure the company operates in their area. Fidelity National Home Warranty’s standard plan covers the following appliances and systems:
    • Oven
    • Heating and ductwork
    • Water heater
    • Plumbing system
    • Bathroom whirlpool motor pump
    • Sump pump (if permanently installed)
    • Instant hot water dispenser
    • Toilets
    • Built-in microwave
    • Central vacuum system
    Optional coverage
    Fidelity National Home Warranty also offers optional coverage for the following appliances and systems:
    • Pool and spa equipment
    • Roof leak repair
    Noncovered items
    Fidelity National Home Warranty doesn’t cover the following:
    • Abused systems or appliances
    • Systems and appliances that aren’t regularly maintained
    • Equipment designed for commercial use
    • Secondary appliances or systems that fail because of a covered appliance or system
    • Damage from natural disasters

Fidelity Home Warranty pricing

The minimum annual price for a home warranty from Fidelity National Home Warranty is $350, but we've seen costs up to $445. These prices are low, but some items considered add-ons by the company, like air conditioning and refrigerators — included standard by most other companies — add to cost. The average service fee with Fidelity National Home Warranty is $75.

We don't love the quote process from Fidelity National Home Warranty. When we clicked the link to get a quote on its website, we received a message telling us to call the company instead. Most home warranty company websites have online functionality allowing customers to obtain a quote and buy the home warranty.

Fidelity National Home Warranty FAQ

Will Fidelity National Home Warranty cover older homes?
    Yes. Fidelity National Home Warranty doesn’t exclude coverage based on the age of your home as long as systems and appliances are working properly at the start of coverage.
    Does Fidelity National Home Warranty cover mold?
    No, Fidelity National Home Warranty does not pay for mold removal.
    How long does my coverage last from Fidelity National Home Warranty?
    Fidelity National Home Warranty's plans last one year.
    Does my plan with Fidelity National Home Warranty auto-renew?
    No. To renew a plan, customers must log on to their account online or call Fidelity National Home Warranty directly.

Is Fidelity National Home Warranty worth it?

For most homeowners, Fidelity National Home Warranty probably isn't worth it. The company's low prices might appeal to those on a budget, but the lower prices also come with less coverage than Fidelity National Home Warranty's competitors. The company has a clunky online experience and negative consumer reviews of its firm cancellation policy and customer service. For these reasons, we don't feel comfortable recommending Fidelity National Home Warranty for most homeowners. If you are still interested in a home warranty, continue researching home warranty companies and look for one with a more reliable track record.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Had Fidelity on our last house and they were very responsive so when we purchased our next house we decided to go with them again which was a mistake. I don't know what happened since we last used them but they are terrible now. Have had to make two claims with them so far and service has been terrible. The first claim was on a water softener, they sent out a repairman and he said the unit needed to be replaced so Fidelity said they were going to send someone that knew the unit to check it, when the guy shows up he knew nothing about the system and said to replace it.

Fidelity then comes back and says they will send us a check less the two service calls so basically I got nothing. The next call was for a fridge not cooling, they were prompt on getting someone out to look at it but now it's been three weeks and nothing has happened. The company that came out said they had to order two parts and that Fidelity ordered them, they received one and haven't gotten the other on and that they are still waiting on Fidelity to provide it. Will not renew with them again.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

We got our home warranty with the purchase of our home in October 2019. (Note, I am giving a timeline of events. It may seem like they are good in the beginning but keep reading!) That December, we had to use them and had no problems besides the long wait times on the phone. They dispatched someone asap and we had our sink faucet fixed. In April of 2020, we called them about our water heater. The first dispatch said our water heater needed to be replaced so we purchased one through them. The house was old and we didn't know how old that thing was...we just wanted hot water as it was in early COVID-19 times and we wanted to make sure we could sanitize things. They installed it and said we'd have water in about 30 minutes.

1 hour later, we called them to say it wasn't working. The company comes out, resets it and then says to wait 30-60 minutes. A few hours later, still nothing. So, the company comes out again to say it must be electrical. They pull out the breaker, put it back in and it works. Cool, thank you!! In September, we said okay...we only had two issues so far but there could be more so we renewed and even did the higher package. In November 2020, we opened a work order for our upstairs heater. They dispatched someone, they called us right away and said, "Sorry, we don't do that type of heat."

So, we called the home warranty for another dispatch. They dispatched someone else who never contacted us. At first, I just assumed they were busy like all other companies during COVID. We didn't know we could reach out to them...it's our first time dealing with anything like this. We actually forgot about the work order after a couple of months because we no longer needed the heater. In September 2021, our hot water went out again. We thought, what the heck!? They just installed a new water heater last year! We called Fidelity and told them it had to be electrical. They couldn't dispatch anyone soon so we were given permission to subcontract. Our subcontractor was out the following business day to check things out. They said said it wasn't electrical, it's the water heater so they are sending someone else from their company out. I'd have to pay a second diagnostic fee. I reluctantly agreed because we just wanted hot water!

About 20 minutes after they left...I said wait, if they said it's not electrical, that means the power is going to the heater. I am going to try and see if we have hot water! I tested it and OMG, we have hot water!! They were jiggling wires and such so must have jiggled the right one! I quickly called the company saying we don't need another dispatch as it's now working! I went outside to put things back in the closet where the breaker box is and heard a ticking/sizzling noise. It's something I didn't hear just that morning when I moved the stuff out. So, I ran in the house to grab my phone and record it as a "just in case". I called the company and they had the first two guys out within an hour. They ended up changing the circuit breaker and everything is good!

We're now waiting for our reimbursement. We called several times requesting an email be sent with the instructions as we were told they were sending it on the first call. We actually called a couple times before our company even came out because we wanted to process for how to get approval if it was more than $699. They kept saying it was sent and after like the 3rd call, they started to quote the dates we called on. I told them that I didn't think they weren't sending it but we're not getting it. I asked, "What is the email address you're sending it from so we can mark it safe?" I can only assume that it's being blocked from Outlook/Hotmail as we have the same issue with some emails at my work. They said they didn't have that information. I was like what the heck!? So, I asked if they could try another email address. Still, nothing! We were on like call 5 by now.

I finally contacted someone on social medial. They said the same things. They emailed us already, they will resend it and that's it. I again asked for the email and asked if I could provide other email addresses. They said they need to check. I ended up calling again and got Hamsel who was fantastic! He gave me the email address and verbally told me what to do! Holy cow!? I called now like 7 times and no one could give me the email address!? Every single call took about 30-45 minutes for me to get an agent and I was hung up on a couple of times. I emailed my documents and was told I'd hear from someone in about 48 hours. I waited over a week before contacting them again and now they said 7 business days. Okay, fine. Next call, I need to wait 10...that's today so hopefully I will hear from them soon.

On the same day in September 2021 when we called about the water heater, we saw that we still had an open ticket for the heater upstairs from November 2020. We let them know and they redispatched the work order. This time, they told us we can call them if we don't hear from them in 24 business hours. (What does that even mean? Is that 3 days because a typical day has 8 business hours in it? Or, are they 24/7? No one could answer that!) Anyways, I called the company about the heater and they said they don't have an electrician. I asked when that happened only so I could have information to go back to Fidelity with because obviously, they weren't aware.

The company got a little sassy and I interrupted to explain why I asked. She calmed down and told me that they lost their person during COVID and have been struggling to keep someone on staff. I understood as many business were facing this and I told her, "Thank you. I'll call Fidelity." I had to call several times to request they dispatch someone else because the company they dispatched doesn't have someone. I'd have to pull my phone records to see exactly how much time was wasted but I called every 2 days or so with two agents said they'd personally follow up. One was going to call in 20-30 minutes (nothing) and the other didn't give a timeframe.

I finally got someone last week who said she'd put in a request to the special department (couldn't tell me what the department is) because it looks like someone mixed the two claims up and they think it's the same thing. One was for Electrical Circuit Breaker and the other was for Heat: Radian Electric so not sure how that happened! She said I'd hear from the dispatch in 24 business hours and that she'd personally follow up with us later...nothing! I waited two days, logged into the online portal only to see it was cancelled! WTH!? So, I called and they said it was cancelled because they need to redispatch someone since the ticket was almost 1 year old. Okay, no problem so why wasn't that done!? If I didn't check, how long before we found out!? They told me the same spiel that the last agent told me about special department. They didn't say they'd personally follow up but assured me it would get done. Okay, fine...I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

This morning, I logged on and YAY! They dispatched someone else so I'll be calling them soon but OMG why has it been so difficult to deal with this company!? All the back and forth, broken promises, etc. I've wasted so much time on the phone with these guys! One thing I waited to mention...on most of these calls about our issues, they didn't forget to tell us our warranty is expiring! Yah, like we'd want to renew with you folks!? We are still waiting for our reimbursement for the circuit breaker and waiting for dispatch for the almost 1 year old work order. They assure us that it will be covered even if we don't renew as we opened it before our contract expired...IDK if I can even trust that! Our contract expires in 7 days!

Stay away from this company unless you got a lot of time to run in circles with them. We were happy in the beginning with our free to us contract but very disappointed after renewing and even paying for the bigger package. Sorry for my long novel but I hope this helps some people! I read a few other reviews and see others have had the same issues! We've contact our real estate agent and told her she should consider not giving this warranty to her buyers!

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Stay away!! Total scam!! I have been trying to submit a claim. The website doesn’t allow you to submit claim. When you call and finally after 45min hold they tell you that you need a different department and make you hold another 50 min. Then they pick up and say they can’t hear you. I have tried for 3 weeks with same results. Please have a zero rating to keep people away from getting scammed!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I have 6 contracts with them and have been with them for more than 10 years. Fidelity has gone so bad and I will give you few examples.

1. Like all complaints, it is long wait times and drops calls now. Nobody calls back and they are doing all the tricks in the book.
      2. They are canceling work order numbers without notice. After 1 month, when I checked, no traceability of how it got cancelled.
      3. Fidelity arbitrarily not covering appliances. In 2021, they refused to cover the dishwasher because it was recalled in 2009, but they did work on the same dishwasher back in 2014. Legally they are liable after working on the so-called recalled dishwasher.

4. Not finishing the work order numbers. You have to repeatedly follow-up to get things done.

Bottom-line, I am looking to change after this horrible customer service.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! You will put yourself through so much stress and anxiety just trying to get to customer service. I am on hold, as we speak, for over TWO HOURS. Because it is our septic tank that needs service they had to transfer me to the expedited team. Per our first call about the septic is we HAVE to get their approval first for anything over $699 or they won't pay. UMMMM... but how the heck do you get to speak to someone to get this moving as our septic tank alarm is going off again. Also, they will refer you to their vendors, EXCEPT for septic which is fine but how to I get my services pre-approved. It's sad these companies use P.O Boxes and offshore customer service that have NO IDEA how to assist or triage a call. Looking for this company on Yelp so I can add the same warning. I am SO MAD it's beyond. Why are we paying money for a service that is not able to service?!?!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Their policy is to wear you down with 2+ hour hold times, no response, or general inactivity until you get so fed up that you fix the problem on your own dime, or cash out for pennies. We did not. We reported broken air conditioning on July 22 and it has just been replaced on August 25, and it still cost us $648 for "uncovered expenses." A grueling experience all-round. If you're reading reviews with a view to buying a policy from this company, do yourself a favor and STEER CLEAR. FNHW deserve only to be passed through the bowels of history and flushed away forever!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Fidelity National Home Warranty has been experiencing technical difficulties since the beginning of 2021 and so they are impossible to contact to request service. Their website is also useless as you cannot make a payment on there or request service either. Without being able to contact this unprofessional company, you are unable to place any service requests. If I could give it no stars, I would.

Original review: July 28, 2021

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY with this scam company. We signed up for this when we bought our house. But now that our A/C unit went out, they won’t approve repairs through any contractor but theirs. Their contractors are a week to 2 weeks out. During 95° plus weather. However that doesn’t count as an emergency to use my own contractor as it would have to be over 105° for a week. Laughable in Colorado as doubt it would happen. Also spent over 2.5 hours on hold to talk to 3 different reps, none of whom has any authority. Even spoke with someone in Authorization Dept who had no authority. I asked to speak to her manager. Was told I’d get a return call within 4 hours. Nearly 48 hours later, I’ve not gotten a call back. Customer service here in nonexistent and it’s nearly impossible to get anything from them when appliances break. Don’t waste money by signing up with this company.

Original review: July 22, 2021

I switched to Fidelity after using another company. Wrong decision!! Trying to get a hold of a customer service rep is beyond challenging (holding for over an hour) finally speaking to some one you can hardly understand is frustrating. My water heater is only producing cold water. The vendor has nothing but bad ratings. The vendor can’t get to my home for 6 days!! If you call back to Fidelity they won’t change the vendor but they sure charged me the $75.00 service call. I won’t be using them again and I would recommend. Old Republic home warranty was professional and timely. I will go back to them when it’s time to renew.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I reported online thru Fidelity National Home Warranty and on 6/28 a heating repair person came out. This was during 115 degree weather so the timing was terrible for losing my a/c. When I met with the repair person, he confirmed there is a leak and said the entire heat pump really should be replaced, although on the paperwork he only noted ‘coil has a leak in it’. After a couple phone calls to Fidelity 7/06 and 7/09, as they have never followed up with me on the service, they finally said the parts (condenser and coil) are on order and it would arrive within 2-5 days, so 7/16 at the latest.

I questioned that the repair person (as well as a previous repair company) said the heat pump should completely be replaced, but they said they were not qualified to answer that and a resolution specialist would call me. I have not once received a phone call from a resolution specialist and have twice asked for a manager to call me, and have not yet received a call back. I then tried calling to follow up on 7/16 and again today 7/19 and have been disconnected and/or hung up on at least 3 times and when calling, and am left waiting for someone to answer for 1 to 1 ½ hrs. I finally reached someone, Kristina, very nice, but she said nothing is yet on order and the repair company did not fill out the back of the form so they were waiting on this information. Unbelievable! Meanwhile, over 3 weeks later, I am still without a working heat pump. I feel it is very possible this company is a scam company. I highly recommend not using this company.

Take a Home Warranty Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Company Information