1.1/5 (55 ratings)
Availability
15 states

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

About Fidelity National Home Warranty

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a base home warranty plan with optional add-ons. Plan costs range from $350 to $445 annually. The company places no age limit on the appliances and systems it covers. It protects homeowners in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans near you

Pros

• Low costs
    • Online resources
    • No age limits on covered items

Cons

• Reports of poor customer service
    • Not available in most states

Bottom Line

Fidelity National Home Warranty has affordably priced plans and helpful information on its website, but it isn't available in many locations, and some consumer reviews mention poor customer service.

What is Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers home warranties to residents in 15 states. Its base plan covers an array of home appliances and systems. Most homeowners should consider choosing additional coverage with Fidelity National Home Warranty's add-on options since the base plan doesn't cover some common household appliances and systems.

Fidelity National Home Warranty plans

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a standard plan and lets customers choose any add-ons they want. However, its standard plan doesn't provide coverage for systems and appliances that are included in many of its competitors' home warranty plans.

• Standard plan: Covers up to 23 household systems and appliances
    • Optional add-ons: Includes air conditioning system, refrigerators and pool equipment

Fidelity Home Warranty coverage

Fidelity National Home Warranty only offers one standard plan, but customers are able to purchase additional coverage for specific appliances and systems.

Standard plan
    Fidelity National Home Warranty only offers coverage in 15 states, so prospective customers should make sure the company operates in their area. Fidelity National Home Warranty’s standard plan covers the following appliances and systems:
    • Oven
    • Heating and ductwork
    • Water heater
    • Plumbing system
    • Bathroom whirlpool motor pump
    • Sump pump (if permanently installed)
    • Instant hot water dispenser
    • Toilets
    • Built-in microwave
    • Central vacuum system
    Optional coverage
    Fidelity National Home Warranty also offers optional coverage for the following appliances and systems:
    • Pool and spa equipment
    • Roof leak repair
    Noncovered items
    Fidelity National Home Warranty doesn’t cover the following:
    • Abused systems or appliances
    • Systems and appliances that aren’t regularly maintained
    • Equipment designed for commercial use
    • Secondary appliances or systems that fail because of a covered appliance or system
    • Damage from natural disasters

Fidelity Home Warranty pricing

The minimum annual price for a home warranty from Fidelity National Home Warranty is $350, but we've seen costs up to $445. These prices are low, but some items considered add-ons by the company, like air conditioning and refrigerators — included standard by most other companies — add to cost. The average service fee with Fidelity National Home Warranty is $75.

We don't love the quote process from Fidelity National Home Warranty. When we clicked the link to get a quote on its website, we received a message telling us to call the company instead. Most home warranty company websites have online functionality allowing customers to obtain a quote and buy the home warranty.

Fidelity National Home Warranty FAQ

Will Fidelity National Home Warranty cover older homes?
    Yes. Fidelity National Home Warranty doesn’t exclude coverage based on the age of your home as long as systems and appliances are working properly at the start of coverage.
    Does Fidelity National Home Warranty cover mold?
    No, Fidelity National Home Warranty does not pay for mold removal.
    How long does my coverage last from Fidelity National Home Warranty?
    Fidelity National Home Warranty's plans last one year.
    Does my plan with Fidelity National Home Warranty auto-renew?
    No. To renew a plan, customers must log on to their account online or call Fidelity National Home Warranty directly.

Is Fidelity National Home Warranty worth it?

For most homeowners, Fidelity National Home Warranty probably isn't worth it. The company's low prices might appeal to those on a budget, but the lower prices also come with less coverage than Fidelity National Home Warranty's competitors. The company has a clunky online experience and negative consumer reviews of its firm cancellation policy and customer service. For these reasons, we don't feel comfortable recommending Fidelity National Home Warranty for most homeowners. If you are still interested in a home warranty, continue researching home warranty companies and look for one with a more reliable track record.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

We purchased a home in August and the seller purchased our home warranty. Fidelity National Home Warranty was suggested but I want to caution anyone from using this company. We've had two plumbing issues in our house and the first time they refused to cover the service, even though I went back and forth with them about what was covered in our contract. The contract clearly covered our issue. The woman denied it, I pointed out the coverage, she went to a supervisor and came back and said yes it was covered but gave me some ridiculous excuse about why it was excluded. The situation was so upsetting.

Then, we had another issue with plumbing, a broken pipe under the toilet in the concrete slab. The plumber came and removed the toilet and showed me the broken pipe. He called FNHW and they said they had to send it for approval. I am now on 2.5 days in, multiple calls to the plumber (who has heard nothing from FNHW) and FNHW and still no word on whether it'll be covered. The plumber assured me it should be covered but from experience, FNHW will put up a fight. It's almost not worth it. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Fidelity Home Warranty. My wife and I have been with Fidelity for 8 years, or so. They've always been responsive & accommodating. That is, until now. My GE dishwasher, doesn't wash, my GE refrigerator, has an intermittent problem. Push for water, and sometimes it WON'T STOP. Get the picture? The repair people show up. Dishwasher needs a new circuit board, the fridge needs a new spring. That will take about a week. Now, with NEW board in hand, he gives it one more try? He pushes start & the damn thing comes alive. Go figure.

Two weeks later...the fridge is down again. Same problem. This time, a new circuit board is needed. Hopefully, they're still available. But Fidelity wants the board re-built. No problem? BIG PROBLEM. With NO BOARD, the fridge will be COMPLETELY DOWN for 2 to 4 WEEKS, MAYBE MORE. My wife and I are both are 76 yrs, of age. We have special diets & meds that need to be refrigerated. I phone Fidelity to fill them in. I suggest, a Certified GE Repair Tech. Sure, but that would cost me another $75 service fee. How about, renting a fridge for us? Nope. He then says, I should expect a little inconvenience from time to time.

Little INCONVENIENCE!? I don't call, out of service 2 to 4 weeks...maybe longer, a Little INCONVENIENCE. I don't expect Fidelity to run out & purchase a new $2k fridge, if they can repair it for a couple hundred bucks. But NO ONE alive in the 21st CENTURY, can go without a refrigerator for that length of time...2 weeks, 4 weeks...maybe MORE. Maybe, the folks at Fidelity should give it a try. My next move? Fidelity is GONE. I'll cancel my $900 annual membership fee & the

$75 per service call with Fidelity. I plan to return to 1st American or American Home Warranty. Oh, by the way, we're going to live with the fridge as is.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

At one point the call center was in the US but it's now in the Philippines. CSRs hard to understand and not helpful. Was trying to get prior repair info but they said they did have it. For $500 a year I would think I could get this info. This along with other reviews makes me wonder why these people haven't been shut down.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

This Company is a joke, they wouldn't even fix a pipe that sprung a leak, they said it was structural, are you kidding me, what does that even mean, on top of that they waited a week to tell me that. My house would have been destroyed if I would had waited for them, I called a plumber myself and the guy fixed it for two hundred dollars.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

Last night my furnace stopped blowing cold air. I purchased the home in June, and with it the home warranty. Today is Friday the 22nd of Dec. and first thing this morning I called Fidelity National Home Warranty and told them that my furnace was out. I told them that it was freezing in the house, as it had gotten down to -7 last night outside. They told me that they would expedite the claim and call me today, or maybe tomorrow and tell me who is coming out to fix it. I reiterated how cold it was, and that because of Xmas weekend, it would be hard to get someone. They assured me all would be ok, just pay the $75 service fee upfront. I waited all day for them to call, sitting in my freezing house.

At 8 pm they call, only rang three times, then hung up. They said to check my e-mail, they gave me a list of their approved vendors, and all the prequalifications that would be needed in order to schedule. A) they were supposed to be sending someone out. B) they never sent the e-mail C) now it is too late to schedule anyone on a holiday weekend if they could come out. The only reason I gave them 1 star, is because I couldn't put zero down! Hope my pipes don't freeze before Monday!!!! Awful customer service, this warranty is a rip-off, don't buy!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

I have purchased with this company for clients, I am a Realtor, and I got the rudest customer rep, telling me...."You and everyone else want fast service.... Like get to the back of the line lady and wait until we can do nothing to get you there faster." I could have replaced my water heater in less than 24 hours for less than my current year's contract, not to mention the fact that in three years they do not get service to you in summer when A/C goes out, that happened the first year I told the vendor to replace the thermostat, that took three calls and days, that was in August in the desert, and now I have a dead water heater, just days before Christmas and now I will be lucky to take a hot shower before this week ends, I am so angry at the lack of concern, I can't sleep.

I will never send them another client, nor will I remain one, no one should be treated like they are doing you a favor to show up or send a vendor or get you a major appliance that is broken, I have spent over $4,000 dollars to be treated like..."Well you and everybody else".... I will never forget that snide remark for as long as I live. Stay away from any company that can't get more than 2-star reviews, 1.7 is the best they can get on Google reviews, and that should be enough to stay away. You have been warned by a professional.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

I had a plumbing issue and Fidelity sent out a plumber that put bleach down my toilet and said it was fixed. I called back to have a different company come out and the Fidelity told me I had to use the same company. The guy showed up, said nothing is wrong with my toilet and went on his way. Fidelity called me couple days later and says they put my account on hold until I pay another $75 co-pay. They were rude and very hard to understand due to their accent. I was very confused by this because you would think that If the problem was not fixed, it would not be another charge.

I asked to speak to a manager. A day later she called me back. She said she would get in touch with the company and call me back. My account is still on hold cannot use it. I do not have heat in half my house and the lady never called me back. Today I called back and asked to talk to her boss. In which he also says I have to pay the $75 fee. I go on to tell him that I am due to renew my account and being that they want to charge me $75 for a co-pay they’re going to lose my business. So for a $75 copay they lost over $800 this year. The manager was fine with that. I feel cheated and disrespected by this company. I used to give total kudos to this company and referred them to everyone. Not anymore. I am taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

There is a lot to say about this company but I will try to sum it all up briefly. They have terrible customer service. It would take weeks to get a response to a simple email or phone call. When trying to call the company, the wait times are very long. Many times I was hung up on after 10 minutes of waiting. When it comes to their actual job which is paying for repairs, they are pretty much worthless. Had a PG&E tech as well as the contractor tell me the water heater needed to be replaced and they still denied the claim. When the water heater had to repaired again later it took them over a month to get the repair sorted out.

I paid extra to have my pool equipment covered but the first time I put in a request for it they said I had to find my own contractor and pay for the repairs out of my pocket. They said they would reimburse me in 2-3 weeks. That defeats the purpose of having a warranty in my opinion. Save yourself the trouble and the money and go with Old Republic or someone else. Steer clear of Fidelity!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

Run from this company like your hair is on fire. Once you pay the premium you are on your own. They don't want to pay for any of the covered repairs and forget about getting a replacement or partial stipend for a replace. They simple don't want to pay. They only want to collect premiums and then send your calls to offshore support. We had several homes with this company and have now opted to cancel them and just get our home repair needs covered the old fashioned way. No haggling, no repeated visits and repeated calls trying to get someone to answer the phone. Now that I have cancelled, I am free from their high copays and crappy service.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

I recently purchased a property and purchased a home warranty through Fidelity. A few weeks after buying my home, the water softener system installed in the house stopped working. Luckily, I had added extra coverage to cover the water softener system. I paid Fidelity $85 to set up a service call for a plumber to come

to inspect the water softener system. The plumber mentioned he would update Fidelity, and the issue would be covered under my home warranty plan. After the plumber left, Fidelity closed out the service ticket and informed me they would not cover the water system because my water softener system was not installed in

the correct place.

I then called the plumber directly that came to my home, and he said that was not true and my system was in the right place. I then called Fidelity back, and they refused to give further details and told me there was nothing I could do and that they would not honor the coverage, even though it was covered under my policy. Fidelity lied, and the plumber that came to my house even offered to get on a call with Fidelity and explain my equipment was installed correctly; he never said it was not. Fidelity lied and refused to address the issue or investigate further. Fidelity is extremely unethical; consumers beware. I am a realtor, and I will never recommend fidelity to any customer, period. They were not just unethical in their dealings, they were beyond rude and bullied me around, making me feel helpless and as if I had no rights whatsoever as a consumer.

Take a Home Warranty Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Company Information

www.homewarranty.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: