1.1/5 (44 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About Fidelity National Home Warranty

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a base home warranty plan with optional add-ons. Plan costs range from $350 to $445 annually. The company places no age limit on the appliances and systems it covers. It protects homeowners in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Low costs
    • Online resources
    • No age limits on covered items

Cons

• Reports of poor customer service
    • Not available in most states

Bottom Line

Fidelity National Home Warranty has affordably priced plans and helpful information on its website, but it isn't available in many locations, and some consumer reviews mention poor customer service.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

What is Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers home warranties to residents in 15 states. Its base plan covers an array of home appliances and systems. Most homeowners should consider choosing additional coverage with Fidelity National Home Warranty's add-on options since the base plan doesn't cover some common household appliances and systems.

Fidelity National Home Warranty plans

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a standard plan and lets customers choose any add-ons they want. However, its standard plan doesn't provide coverage for systems and appliances that are included in many of its competitors' home warranty plans.

• Standard plan: Covers up to 23 household systems and appliances
    • Optional add-ons: Includes air conditioning system, refrigerators and pool equipment

Fidelity Home Warranty coverage

Fidelity National Home Warranty only offers one standard plan, but customers are able to purchase additional coverage for specific appliances and systems.

Standard plan
    Fidelity National Home Warranty only offers coverage in 15 states, so prospective customers should make sure the company operates in their area. Fidelity National Home Warranty’s standard plan covers the following appliances and systems:
    • Oven
    • Heating and ductwork
    • Water heater
    • Plumbing system
    • Bathroom whirlpool motor pump
    • Sump pump (if permanently installed)
    • Instant hot water dispenser
    • Toilets
    • Built-in microwave
    • Central vacuum system
    Optional coverage
    Fidelity National Home Warranty also offers optional coverage for the following appliances and systems:
    • Pool and spa equipment
    • Roof leak repair
    Noncovered items
    Fidelity National Home Warranty doesn’t cover the following:
    • Abused systems or appliances
    • Systems and appliances that aren’t regularly maintained
    • Equipment designed for commercial use
    • Secondary appliances or systems that fail because of a covered appliance or system
    • Damage from natural disasters

Fidelity Home Warranty pricing

The minimum annual price for a home warranty from Fidelity National Home Warranty is $350, but we've seen costs up to $445. These prices are low, but some items considered add-ons by the company, like air conditioning and refrigerators — included standard by most other companies — add to cost. The average service fee with Fidelity National Home Warranty is $75.

We don't love the quote process from Fidelity National Home Warranty. When we clicked the link to get a quote on its website, we received a message telling us to call the company instead. Most home warranty company websites have online functionality allowing customers to obtain a quote and buy the home warranty.

Fidelity National Home Warranty FAQ

Will Fidelity National Home Warranty cover older homes?
    Yes. Fidelity National Home Warranty doesn’t exclude coverage based on the age of your home as long as systems and appliances are working properly at the start of coverage.
    Does Fidelity National Home Warranty cover mold?
    No, Fidelity National Home Warranty does not pay for mold removal.
    How long does my coverage last from Fidelity National Home Warranty?
    Fidelity National Home Warranty's plans last one year.
    Does my plan with Fidelity National Home Warranty auto-renew?
    No. To renew a plan, customers must log on to their account online or call Fidelity National Home Warranty directly.

Is Fidelity National Home Warranty worth it?

For most homeowners, Fidelity National Home Warranty probably isn't worth it. The company's low prices might appeal to those on a budget, but the lower prices also come with less coverage than Fidelity National Home Warranty's competitors. The company has a clunky online experience and negative consumer reviews of its firm cancellation policy and customer service. For these reasons, we don't feel comfortable recommending Fidelity National Home Warranty for most homeowners. If you are still interested in a home warranty, continue researching home warranty companies and look for one with a more reliable track record.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Wow, WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY THAT I BROUGHT THEIR BEST HOME WARRANTY.. Well I made my first claim to have my door locks Re-Keyed as I lost my front door key. They took my $75 for my service call and then said someone would follow up and schedule the appointment. The next day I got a text from some Re-Key company and said they could come in 6 days for this service call. Sorry for me.... that is just really poor service and with the cheapest guy they could find. Not sure how my Realtor could have even recommend this company.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

My terms of coverage under my plan with Fidelity Home Warranty (FHW) states that it covers the electrical system. The specifics it mentions is All parts and components that affect operation. I thought it was rather vague so I called Fidelity Home Warranty to see if my warranty covered a meter clip replacement that is considered part of my home and underneath my electric company's (SRP) meter box that a main wire connects to. The wire and the clip are not the property of SRP. The representative said yes. Since they said yes, I submitted an emergency claim because my wife, children, and pets have no electricity turned on. There is nothing in my home that doesn’t run off electricity. SRP had removed their meter and I had to shut off the breakers because of risk of fire. I explained to FHW that the electrician they would be send to my house would need SRP to come out in order for them to diagnose the issue.

FHW assigned Sunbelt Electricity (SE) to come to my home to diagnose the issue. When communicating with SE, their representative said that they call SRP for the customer and the customer doesn’t have to worry about it. SE made an appointment for 4 days later. So that my family and pets would not die of heat exhaustion and hunger, I purchased a generator to run fans and a refrigerator. I thought it would be better than risking a fire by turning the breaker on. During the 4 day wait 2 pets died. When SE showed up 4 days later, they came without informing the SRP that they would be there. SE stopped by for 5 minutes and left. They informed FHW that they could not diagnose the problem because there was no electricity.

I called SE and informed them that there was electricity running to my home and that SRP had only removed the meter, but did not turn off the electricity. SE said they could not complete the diagnosis because SRP had to open the box and connect their meter back. This is something that I had asked FHW to communicate to the electrician when I first called to make a claim. SE said that FHW denied any more work to be done and they would not come to my home to finish diagnosing the issue.

I called FHW and explained the situation. FHW said that it was my responsibility to get SE to come back to my home to finish their diagnosis. I explained that they would not because SE said that FHW would not authorize them to. I asked if they would do a 3 way call with Sunbelt. FWH said it was against their policy. I live in Glendale, Arizona. It is the beginning of September and it still reaches over 100 degrees outside. My wife is a housewife and we have children and animals. During all this it is a risk of setting our home on fire if I turn on the breaker to run the air conditioning, water heater, stove, refrigerator, washer and dryer. We can’t run the filter to the pool and it has begun to turn green and attract mosquitos on top of all the problems.

I submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. I informed FHW that I did that and the representative refused to speak to me. I asked to speak to a manager and the representative refused to transfer me to one. I have had to call an electric company to come out and fix it out of my own pocket. If anyone is interested in the plan that I purchased, it is the SFH Comp Plus Rnw. The contract fee I paid for a year was $1330.00. It is more expensive than a lot of home warranty companies. Each claim that is made, they charge an $85 fee.

In this situation, there has been no resolution or adequate explanation of why the electric company they sent didn’t complete their assessment. When I hired another company to come out, they came out within 12 hours and were able to assess and diagnose the issue quite easily. The estimate for the job is $769. If Fidelity Home Warranty would have just said they won’t cover it in the beginning (but they say that they do), then I would have spent less than the generator and fuel I purchased that I have been running for 5 days straight now to run a couple of fans and a refrigerator.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

What a terrible terrible company. Here is the latest frustrating story that I ran into. I own a property and I live in one part of it and I have tenants in the other part. The tenants reported weird black specs in the water when they fill the tub. I called my own plumber as well as Fidelity. Fidelity sent someone that said it is the water heater. Except that both I and my tenants use the same water heater and I don't have the same problem. My plumber determined the issue is something else that made more sense.

After maybe a week or two, and multiple calls, over 20-40 minutes on hold (and a couple of disconnected calls that they never called me back after)they finally informed me that they will not be covering it cause it is a preventative maintenance issue to fix the heater. Let me emphasize, they never told me that, I had to call them multiple times to find that out, they never emailed me, they never updated the account online, nothing!!

To make it worse, what their plumber wants to charge for fixing the problem is $480, the same service, that my plumber would charge me $125. It's not even the problem that is causing the issue. If I use my own plumber and it doesn't fix the problem, they won't fix it, I have to use theirs, who is charging me x4 for something that won't fix it!!! So I told them that I don't think the problem is what their plumber is reporting (who also doesn't pick up the phone) and that my own plumber thinks it's something else. Can we get someone else to take a look. They asked for my plumber's report, I sent it, this was a week ago. I followed up 5 times, emails and voice messages to the specific agent, no response.

Finally I called a new agent, 30-40 minutes hold times, get disconnected, call again, and again, and finally got someone to talk to me, just to tell me "We will ping the original agent", I don't want the original agent, they are not responding, doesn't matter, still has to be them. I asked for a supervisor, their response, is that they don't have one.. Really? REALLY? I have a tenant, this issue has been open for weeks that I am just fortunate my tenants are easy going! I have work that I needed to interrupt for the phone calls, and useless back and forth and so on and still no resolution, I had to use my own plumber and pay out of pocket.

What the heck did I pay the yearly warranty? Never again, I will go to a different company. These guys don't care about their customers, they just take the money and are completely useless scammers!!! Never ever again. Do not use them, I rarely write reviews, but these guys are so out of this world bad, that I don't even know how they are still in business, there are more affordable and better companies out there.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

If I could rate this company a zero I would. Stay away from this company at all costs!!! You have to wonder how they stay in business! They ignore their customers, take their sweet time with orders, don't call you back & don't resolve the issues! They are basically getting free $$ for nothing. They are a complete fraud. I am out $700 & still no resolution! They have no interest in servicing their customers. I have been dealing with a fridge issue since May 2022. We are now in September, 2022 & they still can't resolve the issue. They must be using used parts!

The same condenser went out and every work order takes two weeks to get an auth, then it goes to the vendor, then parts are both ordered & delayed, scheduling also takes awhile & it goes on & on. They don't care that my tenant has been without a fridge for 4 months! they do not replace your appliance like they claim they will do in their marketing spiel! I will be buying a new fridge after giving them almost $700 for absolutely nothing but a nightmare! They even have the nerve to charge you extra to go out there each time & want to charge you $50 to cancel your contract! They should be prosecuted for theft! I spent countless hours on the phone with them over several months.

Their website is worthless, it's almost like they don't want to hear from you. When you call, the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. You go around & around in circles talking to every dept & get absolutely nothing resolved as one dept has no clue what the other one is doing! Shame on me for not reading the reviews, I always do but the realtor made me believe this was a reputable company. Since he is now my property mgr & has experienced this for himself with this claim, they are no longer getting business from him & hopefully no one in my town! This is definitely your home warranty nightmare company!!! Save your $$$$!!!s User's recommendation: Stay away from this fraudulent company! They will take your $$ & do nothing!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I have a water leakage in the house. Plumber who came to look at the lead said he will have to submit a report and get approval. A week later after multiple text messages to the vendor and daily phone calls to the vendor, the vendor has yet not submitted the report to Fidelity. Daily calls to fidelity are not helping either. They say they will wait for the vendor to respond, they cannot do anything without vendor response. The ticket to repair was opened as an emergency ticket and the vendor has a maximum of 48 hours to respond. However, Fidelity agents refuse to help or do anything until the vendor responds. They will also not tell me for how long they will wait. Don't waste money on them, they are a fraud.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Put in 3 separate service requests for my A/C over the last year. They will not allow you to use your own technician. Each time they sent out a different company. All 3 technicians were worthless and did nothing to fix my system. But, they collect their service fee either way. I live in AZ and it always took a minimum of 2 weeks to get any response. Customer service is garbage. They go off what the tech says and nothing else. The last one they sent out didn't look at my ducts, didn't test anything, and didn't even open my unit to look at it. But, he said it was working fine. Do not use this warranty company. They will be glad to take your money and send out garbage techs that are in their pocket.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I purchased a new home and this Warranty came with the home. Not going to lie the first couple of years I received great service. I did not like the fact that a different provider would come out for the same issue but still in all a great service. My pool filter started to leak and FHW sent out Upland Pools to repair. First off it took close to a month to replace and then it started to leak from the plug. Upland came back out gave an explanation as to why and lubed up the plug and tightened and thought that it fixed the problem. Well it did not so they came back out again replaced the plug with aftermarket plug and assumed that would work. Now I can not get anyone from Upland to respond to me nor can home warranty.

FHW told me that I now have to call the manufacturer because it is their issue. I forgot to mentioned that FHW does not have the correct information on the my current filter. They blame Upland Pools and vice versa. They still stand on the principles that even though they know that an aftermarket plug was installed on brand new filter and it leaks that it's mine and manufacturer’s issue and they wiped their hands of the situation. Save yourself a headache and stay away from FHW.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

This company is horrendous. They sent out a service provider ($85 fee) to assess my leaking garbage disposal, which is a run-of-the-mill 1/2 HP Insinkerator Badger 5. For reference, the Badger 5 costs just $109 on Amazon Prime. It was decided that the garbage disposal needs replacing (I told them this up front, after googling what it means if my garbage disposal is leaking from the center). The service provider then said that they could replace the disposal for free with a no-name brand for free, or if I wanted a Badger 5 it would be an extra $125!? (Again, $109 on Amazon... so probably just $50-60 wholesale... we're not talking about the Ferrari of garbage disposals here!)

When I complained to Fidelity National they then they offered to 'cash me out,' for $77!? So wait... after paying for a home warranty, I lose $8 to have a service provider tell me what I already know? And I still am supposed to buy my own garbage disposal at retail and replace it myself? I've tried escalating this and gotten nowhere. Strongly recommend AGAINST Fidelity National. They are unhelpful thieves.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Very disappointed in this company. I opened a claim about 3 weeks ago for a leaking dishwasher. First, they sent out a plumber and they claim they only contract with ONE guy in the whole Metro area. That guy came out and said it was an appliance issue. Fidelity then sent an appliance guy who took his time coming out, even though this was a leak and damaged my floors. He says he needs to order a part and never returns calls. He finally comes out and supposedly fixes it, and then a week later the same issue is happening.

Fidelity has no urgency to get things fixed, even active leaks. They reopened the claim, and now this appliance guy has an open ended timeline to fix it. After leaving voicemails, no response. Fidelity also says if this guy decides there is another issue. they can charge another $75 service fee. There is no accountability with the people they contract with. So this scammer can just keep diagnosing issues and I get charged? Save your money.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I have been a customer of Fidelity Home Warranty for many years through my business partner who is a real estate agent. In the couple of years the company has become unreliable, dishonest and their customer service is awful. For example. I currently have an open work order to fix my HVAC. This order has been open for 5 days. Yesterday I was told by their contract vendor that someone would arrive to service the HVAC between 1pm to 5pm.

At 6pm we received a call from the technician stating that he would arrive by 8pm. At 9pm no technician. So this morning I contacted Fidelity National only to be told by the customer service agent working open orders that they have no control over their contract vendors. I explained to the agent that I am 76 years old with mility disability health problems and cannot sit in my home with a temperature reaching 90 degrees. She basically stated that she had no control and said "thank you". Think twice before contracting with Fidelity National.

Take a Home Warranty Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Company Information