Protect What Matters Most

Compare Quotes
  2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.11/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Fidelity National Home Warranty Reviews

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

The plumber was dispatched on January 6, 2020and verified the leak was in the slab and proceeded to search for the source. The plumber started in the half bath on the first floor with his device and had a hit and proceeded to tear up 2 tiles and then Jack Hammer the cement floor to reach the pipe. Once he reached the pipe he found no leak. The plumber then went to our living room closet closest to the mainline and found it there. He then replaced the pipe and repaired all holes to a rough finish per the Warranty contract.

I called Fidelity to ask on repairing the bathroom that now has to have all the tiles replaced due to the jackhammering that was made in error. I was told they would not cover it. Just covered to rough finish. This is totally unacceptable as the plumber destroyed the bathroom looking for a leak that he thought was there. Fidelity and their contractor destroyed my bathroom floor where no leak was found, will not replace or make their error whole and I am left with a damaged bathroom. This to me is extremely poor Customer Service as this was damage was done in error and due to the error should be corrected and covered by Fidelity Home Warranty.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

In 7 years we have had 3 appliances need repair. A fridge, a water heater, and now our heating unit. All 3 were minor repairs. All 3 took 3 weeks to repair. We went 3 weeks without a working refrigerator, 3 weeks without hot water, and now it will be 3 weeks before we have heat. It is 49 degrees in our house and that is WITH electric heaters. I would not recommend this company for anyone. Their customer service is cavalier and nonresponsive. I called and asked if there was any way to expedite our heater repair, I even offered to pay to have parts expedited, and was told no, but they offered to cash me out of the repair. Most of the time we repair the items ourselves. After this repair I am cancelling my contract and going with another company.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

We called on a Thursday afternoon in the middle of winter to get our gas leak repaired. Rep said within 3 hours they would contact a plumber/associated repair facility to take care of our problem. Come Sunday evening, 3 days later no contact from anyone! We get a text in the midst of our conversation stating “call this provider to schedule an app”. Their contract specifically states a contractor will contact YOU in less than 48 hours. We call said contractor, whose number is different than text when we reach their VOICEMAIL! So I call the number for said contractor via their web page...voicemail box is full!!! We call to complain to Fidelity, and they have no solutions! Said they have nothing to do with said contractors THEY supply and contact not being sufficient! Wtf! Really!??? Said they would dispatch another contractor out to us...

Meanwhile in the middle of winter we have no GAS and NO HOT WATER!! Beyond irate with this company and their promise to "best customer service in the business" they proclaim. We wi be filing a civil suit and proclaiming lack of upstanding contractual agreement!!! Do NOT buy a warranty through these liars and loop hole piece of terds! They will not help you even when it comes to your family having a heater in the middle of winter!!! We will be filing a civil and state suit with the board of insurance.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I got their policy as a gift from my realtor when buying my current home. We have needed their services many times, but because the 48 hours turnaround, we kept loosing the food in the fridge and the fridge started working right before their tech would show up, and they wouldn't find a problem. I tried to explain to them that we needed more expedite service, but they were no good. Their customer service started to lecture me over the phone about the policy detail, I wanted to escalate the issue and he started to yell at me. Also it is taking 2 weeks for the tech to come with parts for our microwave. Without a doubt the worse company to sign up with on the market currently. Don't waste your money or time.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

This company is the worst! Complete rip off. We bought a home with newer appliances. We have only used our dishwasher 2 times. They’ve replaced the motor, Two days later the same problem. Leaking all over my kitchen. Come to find our it needs a new pump! Now home warranty won’t pay for it because they said it wasn’t normal wear and tear. It never worked From the day we moved in. Unfortunately inherited the policy from the seller. This company is ridiculous. I believed these polices could be beneficial for the first year for big ticket items, but we’ve paid more out of pocket than the policy itself. I hate this crappy company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

The only people that purchase home warranties are people that don't know any better or are real estate agents looking to bring some added value to the sale of a home. The bottom line is that Fidelity is going to block you and make your life miserable at every turn to the point of just giving up on getting treated fairly. My horror story? Dishwasher failed after recently purchasing the house but was covered by Fidelity Home Warranty. After paying an additional $65 for someone come to my house to confirm the obvious, weeks were spent trying to get a proper replacement and set up the logistics for delivery.

Bottom line...the new dishwasher broke, I called Fidelity and they said, "We don't handle service". I called the vendor they used whom they purchased the dishwasher from and did the installation and they said they don't honor 3rd party warranty service and Fidelity has to issue a new work order. I called Fidelity back and they said because it was a REPLACEMENT, not a new purchase (whatever that means) plus because I am no longer under contract there isn't any warranty from them.

ARE YOU KIDDING! A unit less than a year old and I'm stuck in the middle? I called GE and they clearly stated that it is Fidelity that has to be the one to honor the servicing of the unit and the representative was sympathetic saying Fidelity, for whatever reason, gives everyone a hard time. She said they spend a lot of calls handling complaints about them and there is nothing they can do. GO ahead...buy that service contract..and I have a bridge that I would like to sell you as well.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Warranty companies are a ripoff especially this one. They lose the notes taken by cust service reps, tell you lies, make it up on the fly...just whatever. It's just like our president, the truth doesn't matter.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Call for hot water heater repair. Agent said not covered...recall not covered. Nonsense. Then letter two weeks later saying not covered since I had work done. Nonsense. After 11 days I got it fixed and filed small claim. 11 calls, 4 emails, 3 Better Business claims, no return calls, no service. I paid $854 for insurance. Intentionally denied, no returns, no emails returned, dishonest.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I called Fidelity National Home Warranty to get my built in microwave fixed and paid my $75 deductible. They said a repair person will reach me shortly but they never did. So I called Fidelity back and sent an email with a phone numbers to call, however it was the SAME out of area vendors or ones that don’t contract with FHW including one that is out of business. It’s been weeks without a microwave and NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE. They then tell me there’s no one in my area to service it. I am then instructed to find my own service vendor for issues. SERIOUSLY? Why did I pay for your service if I have to find my own? FHW then begins to say, "We can provide service but there is no guarantee," and there is nothing else they can do. So paying for this policy doesn’t guarantee they are even going to fix it!! Waste of money!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I called Fidelity National Home Warranty to get my tankless hot water heater fixed on Monday and paid my $75 deductible. They sent me a text that said I should call a vendor which I did, but they didn’t handle tankless hot water heaters. So I called Fidelity back. On Wednesday they sent me another text with a phone number to call, however it was the SAME company that doesn’t work on my type of heater. Now it’s Thursday and they referred me to a third company that can’t come out until next TUESDAY which is a full 9 days out from my first trouble report call.

I found a very reputable plumbing company that can come out tomorrow, Friday, but they aren’t in Fidelity’s “authorized network”. Their service rep explained that now I have to get all work preauthorized by them, then I have to submit a bill that says paid in full for Fidelity to reimburse me. I asked to speak with a manager and was transferred to Elisa **. She could not have been more argumentative and rude.

I explained to Elisa that I was a senior citizen and that I felt it was unfair and unreasonable to expect me to pay when the service was performed because I can’t, and shouldn’t have to wait 9 days for their “in network” provider to come out. She barked back that since I was “hiring” someone out of their network I had to pay for it first. I said I wasn’t hiring them, they were just doing a job their provider couldn’t do in a timely manner. I asked Elisa if she would expect her mother to go 9 days without hot water and she yelled “my mother has nothing to do with this”. I said, "Elisa, as a supervisor you should be removing roadblocks and listening to your customers," but she refused. I asked for her supervisor's name and all she would say was her name is Monica. She wouldn’t provide me with her last name, city they work in or phone number. I am an extremely unhappy customer and would never recommend them. Buyer beware!

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two-minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Fidelity National Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Fidelity National Home Warranty sells home warranties to both home buyers and home sellers. With a history of superior customer service dating back to 1978, Fidelity National Home Warranty services Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

• Variable rates: Depending on where you live, your rate with Fidelity National Home Warranty will vary. Check the Fidelity National Home Warranty website to see your available rates. Coverage starts 30 days after purchase.

• For buyers and sellers: Fidelity sells warranties to both home buyers and home sellers. Buyers can cover their purchases and ensure longer life for their appliances, and sellers can include their warranty in their offer.

• Trained service representatives: Local licensed service representatives are available to answer your questions and help you with any appliance problems you have. All it takes is one call to guarantee service.

• Ways to purchase: There are several ways to get a Fidelity warranty. You can purchase warranties online, over the phone or from a local dealer or real estate agent.

• Maintenance guides: From cleaning your garbage disposal to making small plumbing repairs, Fidelity has several PDF guides to maintaining your home and appliances. All of them are available online for free.

• Best for: homeowners and home sellers looking for extra appliance coverage.

by Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Company Information