Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
1.15/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Fidelity National Home Warranty Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I called Fidelity National Home Warranty to get my tankless hot water heater fixed on Monday and paid my $75 deductible. They sent me a text that said I should call a vendor which I did, but they didn’t handle tankless hot water heaters. So I called Fidelity back. On Wednesday they sent me another text with a phone number to call, however it was the SAME company that doesn’t work on my type of heater. Now it’s Thursday and they referred me to a third company that can’t come out until next TUESDAY which is a full 9 days out from my first trouble report call.

I found a very reputable plumbing company that can come out tomorrow, Friday, but they aren’t in Fidelity’s “authorized network”. Their service rep explained that now I have to get all work preauthorized by them, then I have to submit a bill that says paid in full for Fidelity to reimburse me. I asked to speak with a manager and was transferred to Elisa **. She could not have been more argumentative and rude.

I explained to Elisa that I was a senior citizen and that I felt it was unfair and unreasonable to expect me to pay when the service was performed because I can’t, and shouldn’t have to wait 9 days for their “in network” provider to come out. She barked back that since I was “hiring” someone out of their network I had to pay for it first. I said I wasn’t hiring them, they were just doing a job their provider couldn’t do in a timely manner. I asked Elisa if she would expect her mother to go 9 days without hot water and she yelled “my mother has nothing to do with this”. I said, "Elisa, as a supervisor you should be removing roadblocks and listening to your customers," but she refused. I asked for her supervisor's name and all she would say was her name is Monica. She wouldn’t provide me with her last name, city they work in or phone number. I am an extremely unhappy customer and would never recommend them. Buyer beware!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Customer is the worse, supervisor never around. They never return the calls. If there will be a way to give them 0 stars I will. They never able to fix anything, They hire the worse contractors and it seem that they ask contractors to denial every claim.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I experienced a safety issue during FNHW non-business hours. My garage door stopped working in the middle of the night (it was 26 yrs old and the motor finally died. The door would not close). To make sure my family was safe and secure from any hurt, harm or danger, I called a 24-hr emergency garage door repair. When I called FNHW, I was told I could not be reimbursed for choosing my safety over Initiating a service call that was not necessarily considered an emergency to them and it may or may not get repaired timely. Basically, my family’s safety and protection could still be a possibility if the repair was not done as soon as possible. Leaving my family in harm’s way is never an option. I chose my family’s safety and protection over waiting to initiate a service call with FNHW in the middle of the night.

After speaking with several people and finally speaking with Hazel, the head of the customer service department, I was told I could not be reimbursed because they have a process that was not followed. Unfortunately, life happens when we don’t expect and we do not have any control over it. I was told FNHW is not an emergency service but they assist with lowering the cost of repairs. Well, only if you follow our process. As a consumer, homeowner, mother. My family’s safety and protection from any danger means more than anything. If FNHW will not reimburse me what I spent on my family’s safety makes them rich, it sure won’t make me poor. Thank God for His provision!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Totally useless. Just pure waste of money.

1. Got a paper mail from them. It had instruction how to register on the website, but that didn't work. It said that verification email was sent but it was not delivered even in my spam mail box. Tried many times for months.
      2. I contacted customer service. Customer service says that they have received my complaint about the registration and my dish washer problem. I've got the automatic Zendesk email, but no one responses. Neither contact us on the website nor phone request seem to work at all.

3. Someone who sold this warranty was informed about this issue, but they never helped me.

So... I'm totally ignored by them for a week to a few months. How can Fidelity Home Warranty less useful than this? I'd advise you to avoid Fidelity Home Warranty at any cost.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

The previous owner to my home threw in Fidelity Home Warranty at closing, and for some unknown reason, I've kept them for the last 3 years. Every single time I've had to use them, it's been a disaster. They hire only the crappiest, most unprofessional contractors around. There is always some issue. They're late, they don't answer phone calls, they just straight up refuse to work. I don't know what their quality control process, but I'm suspecting they don't have one. Save your money or buy a home warranty that actually gives a crap.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Air conditioner compressor burned up. Opened a case with Fidelity National Home Warranty. It took two weeks for a company to come out and confirm that the compressor was burned up. Another week later, over the phone Fidelity quoted an amount they would send a check for to replace the compressor. Six weeks later a check finally came (after two more calls from us to find out what was taking them so long) for a much lower amount than they quoted over the phone. And that was the end of it. They wouldn't send any written confirmation about what they quoted previously or now. All their business is done over the phone and only their written notes, that they keep to themselves tracks the service and payments provided. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I was having problems with my Air Conditioning working. I submitted a claim and the man came out and fixed a pipe that wasn't draining correctly. 2 months later same exact issue. The tech stated it's an air flow issues. Some things that can affect that are filters (which is changed regularly). He recommended general maintenance on my HVAC. While he was here I cleaned out and washed down my unit etc. The problem is fixed. I received a call from a very rude representative stating I have to get an invoice that these things have been done to still be covered. I'm not paying to have someone come change a filter for me. I called in, the representative on the phone call was rude as well, transferred to cancel my service to another rude rep. that said they don't take cancelation over the phone I have to email them and then they will charge me $50 to do so. Horrible service. I'll find somewhere else to take my business.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

These are recent changes where this company's service has reached a lowest point. Response time is awful. Vendors/contracting companies are not efficient and responsive. No service is done without going thru a lots of pain. Not worth it.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

We've had a home warranty with Fidelity for over 10 years and multiple homes. I am a Real Estate agent and recommend them often. We recently sold a house and purchase another home. Since the policy doesn't transfer, we had to cancel the policy with 6 months remaining and buy another annual policy on the new home. Guess what! The service calls we had were charged against the 6 months remaining and we got nothing back! If we had been month-to-month, that would not have happened. There is a "limits of liability" in the contract, that they use as justification. I'm not a lawyer, but I don't see how what it says allows them to do this, but not sure I want to fight the battle. All I can say is they will not get my recommendation and I will not pass up the many opportunities to say...I don't know who, but I do know - NOT FIDELITY NATIONAL HOME WARRANTY!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I had only lived in our home for 3 days. We found a leak in the bathroom from the shower. Called to have them come out to check the problem. The individuals that answer the phone do not understand anything nor could help properly to resolve the issue. You are constantly put on hold so they can talk to a supervisor. Turns out the leak is not covered. What really bugged me was the service fee. I did not realize that this was part of the warranty until I had to make a claim. They were also rude when they called back to notify me that this was not a covered item. Very snarky and disrespectful.

My second issue was my oven. It was not heating up properly. I had to pay another service fee to have a claim opened. The service company came out after a week. I have not been able to use the oven but thankfully the stove top works. I needed a new computer to help regulate the temp. The tech came back a week later with the wrong color. He installed it so my oven would work but stated that was all he could do. I called them to verify if this was true. Between Fidelity and the repair company I have had to fight to figure out who is responsible to put my oven back to its original state. I never get a straight answer and I am constantly having to wait for a call back.

This is the worst company to deal with. I am still waiting to repair my oven properly. It has been 3 weeks. Why? No one can tell me the truth or give me to the right department to handle this. I hope this is all the claims I will ever need to make. I would never recommend or allow this product to be purchased if I buy a home again. They do not even deserve the 1 star I had to give them. It should be negative 10 stars.

Fidelity National Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Fidelity National Home Warranty sells home warranties to both home buyers and home sellers. With a history of superior customer service dating back to 1978, Fidelity National Home Warranty services Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

• Variable rates: Depending on where you live, your rate with Fidelity National Home Warranty will vary. Check the Fidelity National Home Warranty website to see your available rates. Coverage starts 30 days after purchase.

• For buyers and sellers: Fidelity sells warranties to both home buyers and home sellers. Buyers can cover their purchases and ensure longer life for their appliances, and sellers can include their warranty in their offer.

• Trained service representatives: Local licensed service representatives are available to answer your questions and help you with any appliance problems you have. All it takes is one call to guarantee service.

• Ways to purchase: There are several ways to get a Fidelity warranty. You can purchase warranties online, over the phone or from a local dealer or real estate agent.

• Maintenance guides: From cleaning your garbage disposal to making small plumbing repairs, Fidelity has several PDF guides to maintaining your home and appliances. All of them are available online for free.

• Best for: homeowners and home sellers looking for extra appliance coverage.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
      Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Company Information