Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
1.09/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

48 Fidelity National Home Warranty Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I had only lived in our home for 3 days. We found a leak in the bathroom from the shower. Called to have them come out to check the problem. The individuals that answer the phone do not understand anything nor could help properly to resolve the issue. You are constantly put on hold so they can talk to a supervisor. Turns out the leak is not covered. What really bugged me was the service fee. I did not realize that this was part of the warranty until I had to make a claim. They were also rude when they called back to notify me that this was not a covered item. Very snarky and disrespectful.

My second issue was my oven. It was not heating up properly. I had to pay another service fee to have a claim opened. The service company came out after a week. I have not been able to use the oven but thankfully the stove top works. I needed a new computer to help regulate the temp. The tech came back a week later with the wrong color. He installed it so my oven would work but stated that was all he could do. I called them to verify if this was true. Between Fidelity and the repair company I have had to fight to figure out who is responsible to put my oven back to its original state. I never get a straight answer and I am constantly having to wait for a call back.

This is the worst company to deal with. I am still waiting to repair my oven properly. It has been 3 weeks. Why? No one can tell me the truth or give me to the right department to handle this. I hope this is all the claims I will ever need to make. I would never recommend or allow this product to be purchased if I buy a home again. They do not even deserve the 1 star I had to give them. It should be negative 10 stars.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I had only been in my house a few weeks when there was a leak coming from under the master bath floor. My realtor had the seller buy a policy from Fidelity National Home Warranty. I didn't like the idea - but I had the policy so I called - they sent out a crooked plumber who called in another crooked company - the two conspired together - Instant Plumbing from Highland CA and Thunder and Lightning from Perris CA - (Ask yourself why they would travel all the way to Palm Desert.) I have filed complaints with the CA CSLB. Meanwhile, I had about $10,000 in damages/expenses to my house - I didn't' have a plumbing leak - I had a leak form my AC condensation line.

In retrospect, a wet vacuum and calling a local plumbing and/or the AC company would have solved everything and my out of pocket might be $165. Fidelity will do nothing - I have up to $1000 in plumbing on the policy but they will not give me anything towards the expenses I now have. They said they would refund my service fee - $5 - but they have not. I have called numerous times and written - to no avail.

Get expert buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Don't waste your time and money and energy with this company. If you really care about your property and equipments stay away from them. They will just ignore you if you called to express a concern and will never get back to you, they simply don’t care about their business or their customer. Really just a waste of money and time.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Fidelity National Home Warranty is a group of incompetent individuals. They could not locate a company to replace the thermostat on my swamp cooler. I was kindly informed that I had to find a company on my own to perform the repairs. The second local HVAC company I called came out, ordered the thermostat and had it replaced in a week. Now trying to get my reimbursement is a joke. I've provided everything they require. You can't get a real person from the authorization department on the phone. They just keep sending emails stating they need more information. You'd think that since they couldn't handle what they claim to be professional at, a simpler process to get you your money. This has gone on 18 months and a whole lot of my personal time. Stay away.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I made the mistake of not doing my research before purchasing this home warranty. We had our water softener pipe leak and other plumbing issues (leaky faucets/shower not getting hot) occurring at the same time so I thought I would give them a call. It took forever to even get someone on the phone and when I explained that our main issue was the leaking water softener, they asked me if it was a leak from the water softener or the pipe connected to it. I said it was the pipe connected to it and they said ok we will send someone out.

I paid the $75 and the "technician" (if you even want to call them that) came for 5 minutes and ran through my house within 2 mins to look at the other plumbing issues. They left saying they didn't have the parts to fix it. I got a call few hours later saying that the water softener is NOT covered. I tried to talk to the supervisor only to get no answers there. Also, I was told I will have to wait for the remaining plumbing issues until the technician puts the order in. I waited over a week with no call. I finally called back today and they have to send the same company back to my house because they didn't put any order in. This makes me so mad. Save your money, this company is not worth it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

The selection of contractors they sent out is poor. They kept sending a very incapable AC company and I had to contact the local rep to override and get someone who knew what they were doing. The first company replaced the outside unit and it has not cooled correctly since. FNHW had no sympathy. I had electrical issues, and they sent out a pretty ragtag group to patch it together, and the "electricians" guaranteed it would fail again. I asked for a different company to come out but this one is all they had. Worthless Warranty it should be called.

I have spent more money on callout fees and contract fees than I would have had I just had a real competent contractor address the problem on my own dime initially. I would not recommend FNHW to ANYONE under any circumstances. Nothing but headaches. Have a problem? Let's make it much worse! That should be their motto. The ONLY thing worth a damn was their local rep. Poor girl. I give negative stars.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

First off, I need to say we've used Fidelity Home Warranty since 2016. We initially had an issue within 30 days of purchase, and it was immediately denied as pre-existing. We’ve had recurring A/C repairs 2016, 2017, 2018 and just called in for the 3rd time this summer! They were out July 18, said “wires were loose”, and supposedly “fixed” it. Now the same unit went out again August 27th, and they refused to send someone back out without charging another $75! Our other unit has also been out for over a week now, and we still have no time frame for repairs.

One, either the delay on fixing the other unit has put a burden on this second unit causing it to go out again, or two, they never fixed it to begin with! Either way, we are now sitting with two units out and they could care less that it will be 114 tomorrow here in AZ. The girl we spoke with was ignorant, self righteous and rude, and refused to put her supervisor on the phone. Time to look for another Home Warranty company, we will not be renewing with this worthless company!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

This by far has to be the worst company ever. They are extremely rude, management is awful and they dont care to help the consumer in any way. They need to be out of business and not be able to treat people so poorly. They will not repair or fix your appliances, they wont resolve your issue and they will run you around on the phone for hours to get nowhere. Avoid them!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Like others have said, stay far away from this company. They'll use any excuse possible to deny your claim. Bottom of the barrel vendors (mostly), terrible customer service. Save yourself the yearly premium and the $75 service fee by just looking in the mirror and saying "no, it's not covered". You'll get the same result without paying for it.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I bought my house in 4/19, I had a problem 1 week into living there. Nightmare to work with and denied everything. Terrible experience, then two months later, another problem and more nightmare. Every time I speak to someone on the phone, they put me on hold and someone new picks up, I tell the story again, they put me on hold and round and round. I'm supposed to have the highest warranty and they have done nothing to help. I do not recommend working with this company. The only phrases that come to mind are: cheap, always not covered and worthless phone assistance.

Fidelity National Home Warranty expert review by Michele Lerner

Fidelity National Home Warranty sells home warranties to both home buyers and home sellers. With a history of superior customer service dating back to 1978, Fidelity National Home Warranty services Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

• Variable rates: Depending on where you live, your rate with Fidelity National Home Warranty will vary. Check the Fidelity National Home Warranty website to see your available rates. Coverage starts 30 days after purchase.

• For buyers and sellers: Fidelity sells warranties to both home buyers and home sellers. Buyers can cover their purchases and ensure longer life for their appliances, and sellers can include their warranty in their offer.

• Trained service representatives: Local licensed service representatives are available to answer your questions and help you with any appliance problems you have. All it takes is one call to guarantee service.

• Ways to purchase: There are several ways to get a Fidelity warranty. You can purchase warranties online, over the phone or from a local dealer or real estate agent.

• Maintenance guides: From cleaning your garbage disposal to making small plumbing repairs, Fidelity has several PDF guides to maintaining your home and appliances. All of them are available online for free.

• Best for: homeowners and home sellers looking for extra appliance coverage.

Profile picture of Michele Lerner
      Michele Lerner Mortgage & Real Estate Contributing Editor

Michele Lerner, author of “HOMEBUYING: Tough Times, First Time, Any Time”, has been writing about personal finance and real estate for more than two decades. Michele writes for regional, national and international publications in print and online for a variety of audiences including consumers, real estate investors, business owners and real estate professionals.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Company Information