Find a Home Warranties partner

2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

1.2/5 (72 ratings)

About Fidelity National Home Warranty

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a base home warranty plan with optional add-ons. Plan costs range from $350 to $445 annually. The company places no age limit on the appliances and systems it covers. It protects homeowners in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Low costs
    • Online resources
    • No age limits on covered items

Cons

• Reports of poor customer service
    • Not available in most states

Bottom Line

Fidelity National Home Warranty has affordably priced plans and helpful information on its website, but it isn't available in many locations, and some consumer reviews mention poor customer service.

What is Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers home warranties to residents in 15 states. Its base plan covers an array of home appliances and systems. Most homeowners should consider choosing additional coverage with Fidelity National Home Warranty's add-on options since the base plan doesn't cover some common household appliances and systems.

Fidelity National Home Warranty plans

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a standard plan and lets customers choose any add-ons they want. However, its standard plan doesn't provide coverage for systems and appliances that are included in many of its competitors' home warranty plans.

• Standard plan: Covers up to 23 household systems and appliances
    • Optional add-ons: Includes air conditioning system, refrigerators and pool equipment

Fidelity Home Warranty coverage

Fidelity National Home Warranty only offers one standard plan, but customers are able to purchase additional coverage for specific appliances and systems.

Standard plan
    Fidelity National Home Warranty only offers coverage in 15 states, so prospective customers should make sure the company operates in their area. Fidelity National Home Warranty’s standard plan covers the following appliances and systems:
    • Oven
    • Heating and ductwork
    • Water heater
    • Plumbing system
    • Bathroom whirlpool motor pump
    • Sump pump (if permanently installed)
    • Instant hot water dispenser
    • Toilets
    • Built-in microwave
    • Central vacuum system
    Optional coverage
    Fidelity National Home Warranty also offers optional coverage for the following appliances and systems:
    • Pool and spa equipment
    • Roof leak repair
    Noncovered items
    Fidelity National Home Warranty doesn’t cover the following:
    • Abused systems or appliances
    • Systems and appliances that aren’t regularly maintained
    • Equipment designed for commercial use
    • Secondary appliances or systems that fail because of a covered appliance or system
    • Damage from natural disasters

Fidelity Home Warranty pricing

The minimum annual price for a home warranty from Fidelity National Home Warranty is $350, but we've seen costs up to $445. These prices are low, but some items considered add-ons by the company, like air conditioning and refrigerators — included standard by most other companies — add to cost. The average service fee with Fidelity National Home Warranty is $75.

We don't love the quote process from Fidelity National Home Warranty. When we clicked the link to get a quote on its website, we received a message telling us to call the company instead. Most home warranty company websites have online functionality allowing customers to obtain a quote and buy the home warranty.

Fidelity National Home Warranty FAQ

Will Fidelity National Home Warranty cover older homes?
    Yes. Fidelity National Home Warranty doesn’t exclude coverage based on the age of your home as long as systems and appliances are working properly at the start of coverage.
    Does Fidelity National Home Warranty cover mold?
    No, Fidelity National Home Warranty does not pay for mold removal.
    How long does my coverage last from Fidelity National Home Warranty?
    Fidelity National Home Warranty's plans last one year.
    Does my plan with Fidelity National Home Warranty auto-renew?
    No. To renew a plan, customers must log on to their account online or call Fidelity National Home Warranty directly.

Is Fidelity National Home Warranty worth it?

For most homeowners, Fidelity National Home Warranty probably isn't worth it. The company's low prices might appeal to those on a budget, but the lower prices also come with less coverage than Fidelity National Home Warranty's competitors. The company has a clunky online experience and negative consumer reviews of its firm cancellation policy and customer service. For these reasons, we don't feel comfortable recommending Fidelity National Home Warranty for most homeowners. If you are still interested in a home warranty, continue researching home warranty companies and look for one with a more reliable track record.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Original review: April 7, 2021

Fidelity home warranty is a scam. Had an issue with my laundry machine and it's been 2 months and still have not fixed/replaced the machine. I have a tenant in the house very frustrated that they have been waiting over two months for this company to "Figure it out". They are a scam. They drag and drag as much as possible. I am surprised they are still in business with this kind of customer support and delays. Takes hours until they answer the phone and when they do they don't care at all and say you need to wait until they figure it out with the service company.

When the time comes for renewal of the contract they promise so much and have a perfect sales speech in place to guarantee everything but they leave a lot of information off the table. Whatever they say is not true. I can't believe I need to even give them 1 star. There should be 0 for these type of reviews. I will never recommend anyone to this company and unfortunately there is no way out of this contact until it ends. Counting the days until then and I will not stop with reviews and complaints to this company. Let's see how long they take to fix my machine.

Original review: April 6, 2021

When 100% of your reviews on Yelp: ** are only 1-star with identical, negative comments, that means the reviews are correct. Anthony at Anthony Air ** is THE WORST. There is something seriously wrong with this man. His poor, NON-service and alleged, chronic scamming of people are reprehensible. The reviews ring true - there's a clear pattern here. Luckily, I had a witness to this to back me up. Trust your gut - I wish I saw these scathing reviews before I let him come to my home!

It seems he is using COVID to keep you away from watching him so he can lie and overcharge you. He pushed HARD for me to give him my credit card number to pay him directly, circumventing Fidelity National Home Warranty (also a horrible company who knowingly employs this scam artist and whom I hold responsible for these events @homewarranty on Facebook, or **). When I refused to give him my credit card number before he started working, he seemed frustrated and said, "Nobody can hear you give me your credit card info, I'm alone on the roof."

Also, he refused to allow me to be within 25 feet of him or observe ANYTHING. What is he trying to hide?. Even outside, both of us with a masks on, not six - but 12 feet away, which is more than the CDC guidelines require. He told me on the phone he was already COVID vaccinated (I respect still following these guidelines though). I fully complied at all times with being masked and OVER-distanced, but he does not want you there, even in your own home - AT ALL. He called me "Sweetheart" and said I could "hurt myself" if I've been on the roof, which is sexist and BS. Suspiciously, he was ADAMANT that I could not view him AT ALL.

The night before on the phone with Anthony, he diagnosed that the thermostat inside my home was "clearly mis-wired." When he arrived, I asked him to please start there but he refused and then Anthony said, "Trust me" at least 15 times and asked that I "let him do his job without questions." If he knew it was mis-wired, why start by going on the roof first, especially after I asked him to please check the thermostat first? It made no sense. Lo and behold, he then predictably (per these reviews) says that it's "improper installation," one of the diagnoses that then Fidelity doesn't cover. You have to pay and you have to pay him directly to "fix" whatever he is doing alone on the roof or in your home in private.

Fidelity called me while he was still on the roof (35 minutes!) and said that Anthony said it would be an additional $175 to have him fix the "improper installation." I said I would gladly pay it but would require a receipt. He came down off my roof and my friend and I were INSIDE my living room with masks on (100% of the time), and he was OUTSIDE in the middle of my lawn, at least 25 feet away. He told me he was putting his ladder away and would be back to check the thermostat inside. Oddly, he sat in his van outside my place for nearly 40 minutes, which was very strange and creepy - again, I have no idea what he was doing - or what he was doing for 35 minutes on my roof.

After all that time waiting, I texted him, kindly asking when he would be coming back, so I could move out his way for a COVID-safe entry. Five minutes later, he pulled away without ever returning my texts or calls (pathetic) and telling Fidelity that "he had to leave as I was not complying to COVID regulations." A complete LIE! I was never closer than 25 feet to him and he was always outside and I was always inside, with masks on. I told him to let me know when he was coming inside so I could move out of his way. He full-blown lied. Luckily, I have a witness to the whole event who would not leave me, as they felt he was possibly unstable and dangerous.

The next day Sako from Blair Heating & Air came (I highly recommend!!) and it was night & day. I asked them to check the wiring first and they gladly complied. He saw it was mis-wired, fixed it in three minutes and went on the roof. Guess what?!? HE FOUND NOTHING WRONG with my a/c unit! He was in/out in 30 minutes and was wonderful all around.

Fidelity National Home Warranty responsible for employing Anthony Air - I sent them the link to these reviews and they DO NOT CARE. I feel they have no issue with him as he chronically uses the reason where Fidelity does not have to pay out on their insurance claims and then consumers pay Anthony Air directly. Fidelity and Anthony Air seem to love this arrangement despite these horrible, consistent reviews here - and we all lose. If you allow Anthony Air at ** to enter your home after reading this, expect the worst because he IS the worst and you will find yourself in trouble. Based on these reviews and my personal experience, none of this seems like a coincidence at all. Keep away from this man with serious issues and the most horrendous customer service. He's horrible on his best day.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2021

I am a 3 year customer for FNHW with the most inclusive coverage package that they offer. During that time there have been multiple instances where items I felt we included in the terms of the contract were denied for one reason or another. However, the customer service was never an issue during those instances and I chalked it up to just a lack of coverage on the company's end. Recently, I was affected by the winter storm in Texas that damaged hundred of thousands of homes in the area, and when the power went out, leaving me unable to run the pool during the sub zero temperatures my filter busted. I filed a claim on 2/18/2021 online, and was contacted by their contracted company to come look at the pool on 2/22/21. The contractor reviewed the damage, said he would submit the claim and order the part, and I should hear back by the end of the week.

I did not hear back from him over the weekend, so on Monday, I called and left a message and got no call in return. I did this for a week and decided to call Fidelity National Home Warranty and inform them their contracted pool company is being unresponsive. Also, thinking I may have to just fix the issue myself and get reimbursed from FNHW I look at prices for the part online and see the part is $299. After being on hold for 45 minutes on 2 separate occasions that week, I looked online to see if there is a status update on my claim, which there wasn't, and attempted the contractor route again, to which I to this day have yet to hear from. Finally, I call FNHW on Thursday 3/17/21 and talk to a customer support agent who says they don't have a vendor report on file and they will speak to the vendor and call me by the end of the day. They didn't.

My family had a trip planned until 3/23/21 so on Wednesday 3/24/21 I call FNHW again to follow up and she says that there is a vendor report in the system dated 2/22/21 and that the claim is not covered by my policy (apparently weather issues causing electrical failures are not covered by even their best policy). I ask the agent if she can see in the system when any attempt to notify me was made and she says that there was none made and she was sorry for the inconvenience. Due to their failures in customer service, what would have been a $299 repair for myself will cost $491 for the same part, plus another couple hundred in chemicals to get my algae infested pool operational again.

I ask if she recognizes this lack of customer service,... she does, and if Fidelity National Home Warranty is willing to do anything to make their customer whole and attempt to salvage the relationship with their customer, to which she again says she is sorry for the inconvenience. This is poor communication, poor customer service, and a lack of the ability to resolve issues in a timely manner on behalf of Fidelity National Home Warranty and their contracted service providers. I have gone being from a 4.5 star reviewer, referral source customer to a 1 star review and would actively advise against doing business with this company.

Original review: March 17, 2021

It is a scam - scheduled a service call for a broken electrical box. No problem scheduling, a contractor came over the next day, mumbled "I don't have a box like that in my truck, need to get a new one", and left. Call dispatcher again to set up a new appointment, she says the home warranty company won't cover the repair. Apparently it wasn't clear to her when the appointment was scheduled (I described the problem to her very clearly).

Apparently they consider it part of an electrical fixture (it is not) and thus it is not covered. Of course now that the technician showed up, I am on the hook for the $75 service charge. $75 for 15 seconds of his precious time. According to the National Fidelity rep on the phone (got through after 1:15 wait on the phone) - "we won't know what it is until we see it". And of course after they see it, they decide they won't cover it. But you are still responsible for the $75 service charge. Do nothing, still get paid. What a great business to be in.

Original review: March 16, 2021

Tony from customer service was very rude and keep denying the claim without asking details. It might be their standard practice to deny all claims but it was obvious, she does not want to listen to me and hush me when I tried to speak. it's more than worst customer service, she is horrible as human being. DON'T BUY THIS INSURANCE, THEY DO NOTHING.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

- Customer service: Horrific, I was on hold for 1.5h to speak to somebody on expedite service. This was 5 weeks in.

- Service providers: not knowledgeable. 1st service provider couldn't diagnose the problem. The 2nd one who we waited for 3 weeks said within 5 minutes that microwave needed to be replaced. We had our own technician out before contacting Fidelity who said it needed to be replaced at the first visit.

- Cost: Charged multiple times for service. Every time somebody comes out the company requires a $75 service charge.

Would gave 0 stars if I could. We are up for renewal, but we certainly will not renew with them.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Very poor follow-up. It is very apparent that the customer service reps are not all on the same page. Nobody should have to call in multiple times for the same issue. I didn't feel as though my needs were taken seriously. I will not renew with this company.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

If I could give negative stars it would be Negative 5. For one claim I got the same message for 3 months "We are currently in the process of assigning a Service Provider in your area to service your request. Once the Service Provider has been assigned, you will receive a follow-up email with their contact information. Thank you for your patience."

For almost every claim I put in, after the above message I would receive "Fidelity National Home Warranty Company (FNHW) has granted permission for you, as the Contract Holder, to contact a licensed Independent Out-Of-Network Contractor directly to diagnose and provide repair or replacement of a covered service. To resolve your service request and provide reimbursement according to the terms of your contract, please follow the directions listed below.... The reimbursement amount is calculated based on Fair and Reasonable rates charged by Service Providers for the same or similar FNHW covered service work in your area, including parts and labor." If they can't find someone how do they expect me to find one?

When I called them and asked why weren't they aren't looking for a service provider. I said I'm paying you and you want me to do your job? Their answer was "that's not our job" The service provider has to come to us and ask to be a provider. They didn't even have a service provider for a garage door. I talked to several HAVC companies and they all refuse to work with FNHW "because they don't pay". BOTTOM LINE THEY HAVE NO SERVICE PROVIDERS IN MY AREA! THEN WHY DID THEY SELL ME THE POLICY????

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

My hot water heater went out and there was water flowing everywhere. The valves to turn the water off were not turning the water off, so I immediately called the local plumber to come help stop the water. He was close and came quickly to which he had to turn the water off at the main and with kids at home doing school online we couldn't go without water, so I had him replace the water heater and get the water back on. I then called Fidelity National and they said nothing would be reimbursed because I should've called and paid the $75 first to start an expedited claim (who would think of that at the time of the emergency). I said, "We couldn't get the water turned off and I was panicked with water going everywhere."

The lady told me I could call this other number and they may be able to help. Called it several times and no answer after being on hold over 40 minutes. Called Fidelity customer service back when I received the bill from the plumber and they said, "No reimbursement and it's in the contract" (I'm sure it's in the fine print). I asked to talk to manager and she said, "There is no one to talk to." I said there isn't even a way for them to split the cost and she said no she didn't make the stuff up. It's in the contract. I told her I've had this for policy about 3 years now and this is how they are going to treat me. She said, "Yes it's in the contract." I said, "Who thinks of that at the time you have water flowing everywhere in your house and there should be a clause for emergencies," but nope! So disappointed????

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I purchase my home on February 4th, 2021. The first night I took a shower in my new (to me) home, I noticed the water did not drain. I called Fidelity the very next day to get the issue resolved and was told that the home warranty did not cover that; but my contract says water stoppage is covered. Every time I request that Fidelity put their denial in writing and be mailed to me, their customer service representative hangs up on me.

Take a Home Warranty Quiz