2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.01/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a base home warranty plan with optional add-ons. Plan costs range from $350 to $445 annually. The company places no age limit on the appliances and systems it covers. It protects homeowners in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

BOTTOM LINE

Fidelity National Home Warranty has affordably priced plans and helpful information on its website, but it isn't available in many locations, and some consumer reviews mention poor customer service.

PROS

• Low costs
    • Online resources
    • No age limits on covered items

CONS

• Reports of poor customer service
    • Not available in most states

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

What is Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers home warranties to residents in 15 states. Its base plan covers an array of home appliances and systems. Most homeowners should consider choosing additional coverage with Fidelity National Home Warranty's add-on options since the base plan doesn't cover some common household appliances and systems.

Fidelity National Home Warranty plans

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a standard plan and lets customers choose any add-ons they want. However, its standard plan doesn't provide coverage for systems and appliances that are included in many of its competitors' home warranty plans.

• Standard plan: Covers up to 23 household systems and appliances
      • Optional add-ons: Includes air conditioning system, refrigerators and pool equipment

Fidelity Home Warranty coverage

Fidelity National Home Warranty only offers one standard plan, but customers are able to purchase additional coverage for specific appliances and systems.

Standard plan
      Fidelity National Home Warranty only offers coverage in 15 states, so prospective customers should make sure the company operates in their area. Fidelity National Home Warranty’s standard plan covers the following appliances and systems:
      • Oven
      • Heating and ductwork
      • Water heater
      • Plumbing system
      • Bathroom whirlpool motor pump
      • Sump pump (if permanently installed)
      • Instant hot water dispenser
      • Toilets
      • Built-in microwave
      • Central vacuum system
      Optional coverage
      Fidelity National Home Warranty also offers optional coverage for the following appliances and systems:
      • Pool and spa equipment
      • Roof leak repair
      Noncovered items
      Fidelity National Home Warranty doesn’t cover the following:
      • Abused systems or appliances
      • Systems and appliances that aren’t regularly maintained
      • Equipment designed for commercial use
      • Secondary appliances or systems that fail because of a covered appliance or system
      • Damage from natural disasters

Fidelity Home Warranty pricing

The minimum annual price for a home warranty from Fidelity National Home Warranty is $350, but we've seen costs up to $445. These prices are low, but some items considered add-ons by the company, like air conditioning and refrigerators — included standard by most other companies — add to cost. The average service fee with Fidelity National Home Warranty is $75.

We don't love the quote process from Fidelity National Home Warranty. When we clicked the link to get a quote on its website, we received a message telling us to call the company instead. Most home warranty company websites have online functionality allowing customers to obtain a quote and buy the home warranty.

Fidelity National Home Warranty FAQ

Will Fidelity National Home Warranty cover older homes?
      Yes. Fidelity National Home Warranty doesn’t exclude coverage based on the age of your home as long as systems and appliances are working properly at the start of coverage.
      Does Fidelity National Home Warranty cover mold?
      No, Fidelity National Home Warranty does not pay for mold removal.
      How long does my coverage last from Fidelity National Home Warranty?
      Fidelity National Home Warranty's plans last one year.
      Does my plan with Fidelity National Home Warranty auto-renew?
      No. To renew a plan, customers must log on to their account online or call Fidelity National Home Warranty directly.

Is Fidelity National Home Warranty worth it?

For most homeowners, Fidelity National Home Warranty probably isn't worth it. The company's low prices might appeal to those on a budget, but the lower prices also come with less coverage than Fidelity National Home Warranty's competitors. The company has a clunky online experience and negative consumer reviews of its firm cancellation policy and customer service. For these reasons, we don't feel comfortable recommending Fidelity National Home Warranty for most homeowners. If you are still interested in a home warranty, continue researching home warranty companies and look for one with a more reliable track record.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

This company takes forever to send service people. They also lie. I had a refrigerator that didn't work and they took so long, I exchanged it for one in my garage so my tenant would have a refrigerator. When they came, first they said they would replace it. Then, they said they would not replace it because it was in the garage but if I moved it back to the unit (at my expense) they might consider it. Then they said it was still working, which it was not. I complained to the department of insurance and they said they investigated the claim and there was nothing wrong with the refrigerator.

I also had a cooktop that they could not fix. They said they would replace it and gave me the option of a new cooktop or (discounted) cash. I chose the new cooktop and measured to their specifications. When it arrived, the cooktop did not fit. They had sent me the wrong specs. They then offered me even less money than the original offer and told me they were charging me a restocking fee. I have yet to see the money. They are awful. I lost two tenants because of the continual delays in their service.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

This company should be avoided at all costs! They came to fix a burst pipe in our house, proceeded to cut a giant hole in our ceiling to find the pipe, fixed it and then refused to fix the hole! They said they couldn’t find a builder in the area (which is their whole offering!) to fix it, and offered me $125 as a substitute. The damage they’ve done to my house is at least 3 times that amount and they refuse to fix it. I’ve been on the phone to customer service who promise someone will ring back, but this never happens. It’s clearly how they get you off the phone, and have no intention of fixing the problem they’ve caused. It’s a terrible company.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Oh my, what a joke, all smiles and quick answers when you are signing up for service but once they have your money, the games begin. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE STARTS.... The phone trees start and the blow off calls start. If you have to get your own repairman and pay up front it is a game of cat and mouse. RUN FROM this company.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I have been their customer for 6 years straight. Never had to use them in the past. In Aug 2019, the garage door was not working (not opening or closing). I opened a service ticket and paid the service fee. A vendor came and completed the assessment. They said they will be back to fix, but we never heard back from them. We kept calling the vendor until Jan 2020 to no avail. The case conveniently closed in the Fidelity system with no diagnosis and no fix. In Mar 2020, I called again, and after waiting 5 mins, I informed them that this issue was not fixed. Because of the start of COVID, the Customer service asked me to call back.

In Aug 2020, I called again to complain the Garage door. The Customer service agent apologized and indicated that they will call the same vendor to come and fix the problem. She also confirmed that I don’t have to pay the additional service fee and that the ticket will marked as a high priority. Nothing happened, so I tried to call again between work in early Sep. Each time I had to wait 25-30 mins on the call to talk to someone. I finally got hold of someone. The Customer service tone was very different and disappointing. The CS agent said that either I can pay an additional service fee, or that she will cancel the service ticket. I ended up paying another service fee.

They sent a different service provider, who checked it out. I got a follow-up letter from Fidelity that the service is not covered. This after paying annual warranty, and two service fees for the same service. I called to cancel the service and the Sales agent told me that none of the warranty companies cover garage door. They only cover the garage door opener. If any of the customer service agents told me this, I would have just sought service myself; and not paid two service fees.

Summary: Bad treatment. The CS agents spoke to me like I owed them money: complete lack of empathy and respect to the customer. One of the agents would not let me finish my sentence. She spoke over me over and over. The Fidelity website is ridiculously incompetent. It is from 1990, where you can open a ticket but, can add anymore details, send a message, or check status. Their call center is even more ridiculous – takes anywhere from 25 mins to 50 mins to reach someone. If a service was sent out and not performed effectively, I would own up and correct the problem, even it is late. On the other hand, Fidelity managed to get two service fees for no service.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

Had a warranty with them for a home purchase. Made three service calls:

Call #1 - a/c service. Technician showed up without a ladder, looked around and left.
        Call #2 - a/c service. Technician showed up, said that my problem is too complex to solve and said that they will get back to me when things "slow down".

Call #3 - plumbing. FNHW couldn't locate a plumber in Austin, TX that is approved to work with them. So they told me to do it, which I did. Submitted a reimbursement form on August 16th. Got a response back on September 23 asking for a copy of the license for a plumber. And that is for a $120 reimbursement, on a call that I already paid $75 for!

Basically they provided no service for the $1300 something I paid for the year of warranty.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

After 15 years of renewing our contract, now that our home is needing more repairs, the company dropped us! Can you imagine the nerve? They didn't collect enough money from us over the 15 years just when we're going to need them? STAY AWAY!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

My A/C went out on 9/4 which was a Friday night. After calling in the service request we had an a/c guy out on Monday the 7th which was a holiday. The a/c company submitted their report for the problem the next day. Today is now 9/16 and after me having to call the company yet again to find out the status they told me they would be replacing both parts to my a/c unit in which the tech advised needed replacement. Obviously that is good but the fact that I had to wait this long to tell me that was terrible. There is no update available online and the wait time when calling was on some days 45 min.

But I’m not done, they now tell me that they will take up to 3 days to order the parts needed and on top of that there will be a 7 to 10 day wait for shipping. All of this is before they have someone come and install the the new components to fix my a/c. So I’m looking at at least 3 weeks on the quick side and most likely 4 weeks on the longer side to have the issue resolved from the time my a/c went down. Plus no one from the warranty ever reached out to me even though they say when you call someone will reach out within 48 hours and they have up to 5 days once the report is submitted by the technician they send out. Both of these time frames were bull in my experience this time.

Not to mention I had a plumbing issue on Easter in my kitchen. Long story short I had two separate plumbers come out who said different things to me when they were in my residence but when I spoke to the warranty they stated both plumbers said the same remedy was needed which of course seemed a tad bit strange to me. So I had my own plumber come out and snake the same drain and clear the clog. The warranty company did refund my copay but not the money I paid the plumber.... it took the warranty company no time at all to deny the service both separate plumbers submitted, and I mean within hours they denied my claim. Yet on my a/c claim it had been 9 days... I would not ever recommend this company.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

Don't waste your money. Biggest scam. This company will "create" every exclusion and/or loophole possible to keep from paying your claim. Their "independent service providers" aren't independent at all. Rather, they work hand-in-hand with Fidelity to ensure that Fidelity doesn't have to hold up their end of the contract to the policyholder. These techs carefully craft their estimates, when an appliance needs to be replaced, so that Fidelity can claim an "exclusion" to not pay. If it is a minor repair, Fidelity may pay, but if it is a replacement or anything substantial, forget it. Shame on me for not doing my research on this company paying my premiums. I am submitting complaints to the Better Business Bureau and Department of Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

If you are considering purchasing the home warranty, please consider if you have a life. We have requested 4 claims on Fidelity National. The first claim was on plumbing issues in our master bathroom. The water would not get hot in a timely matter (less than 5 minutes) and the pressure was low. The plumber came and did nothing. He said the pressure was what it was because of the fountain style faucet. He said we needed some recirculating device and he would suggest it to the warranty company. Nothing happened with no follow up from 2 months ago. Furthermore, the plumber is full of garbage in that the pressure could not have been increased. We have strong pressure throughout the house and he just didn't want to fix the problem. I wasn't at home at the time so I was unable to ask him questions. He took the lazy way out.

The second claim was for an extremely hot wall light switch. The electrician came and swapped the switch and told us to get new bulbs for the fixture. So we did that. It was repaired. The next claim I made was for an upstairs fan light that would not come on after switching multiple bulbs. I paid for the deposit of $75 for the call. However, I took it apart and fixed it myself and canceled the order the same day I placed it. I still have not been refunded.

Lastly, and this is the straw that breaks the camels back, we have acquired standing water in our bedroom carpet from some leaking pipe. I immediately called the warranty company after discovering it explaining the urgency of the matter because further leakage would bleed into very expensive hard wood flooring. By the way, every time I actually have to reach them by phone, it has been at least a 20 minute wait and normally 30 minutes or more. Later the next day (not in the morning), I receive a call from the plumber that they can come the following day in the afternoon.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

This is a worse company to do business with. I have paid $600 + for annual fee and then paid $75.00 twice but they are unable to fix my microwave. It would have been much better for me to buy a new one on my own. Two different companies came out to fix it. Change lot of parts in it and still it's not working. But this warranty company doesn't want to replace it. When you try to call them, you are on hold for 30 minutes before an agent will answer you and on top of that they are so rude on the phone, seems like that don't want to help you.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Company Information