Find a Home Warranties partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Fidelity National Home Warranty

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a base home warranty plan with optional add-ons. Plan costs range from $350 to $445 annually. The company places no age limit on the appliances and systems it covers. It protects homeowners in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Low costs
    • Online resources
    • No age limits on covered items

Cons

• Reports of poor customer service
    • Not available in most states

Bottom Line

Fidelity National Home Warranty has affordably priced plans and helpful information on its website, but it isn't available in many locations, and some consumer reviews mention poor customer service.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

What is Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers home warranties to residents in 15 states. Its base plan covers an array of home appliances and systems. Most homeowners should consider choosing additional coverage with Fidelity National Home Warranty's add-on options since the base plan doesn't cover some common household appliances and systems.

Fidelity National Home Warranty plans

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a standard plan and lets customers choose any add-ons they want. However, its standard plan doesn't provide coverage for systems and appliances that are included in many of its competitors' home warranty plans.

• Standard plan: Covers up to 23 household systems and appliances
    • Optional add-ons: Includes air conditioning system, refrigerators and pool equipment

Fidelity Home Warranty coverage

Fidelity National Home Warranty only offers one standard plan, but customers are able to purchase additional coverage for specific appliances and systems.

Standard plan
    Fidelity National Home Warranty only offers coverage in 15 states, so prospective customers should make sure the company operates in their area. Fidelity National Home Warranty’s standard plan covers the following appliances and systems:
    • Oven
    • Heating and ductwork
    • Water heater
    • Plumbing system
    • Bathroom whirlpool motor pump
    • Sump pump (if permanently installed)
    • Instant hot water dispenser
    • Toilets
    • Built-in microwave
    • Central vacuum system
    Optional coverage
    Fidelity National Home Warranty also offers optional coverage for the following appliances and systems:
    • Pool and spa equipment
    • Roof leak repair
    Noncovered items
    Fidelity National Home Warranty doesn’t cover the following:
    • Abused systems or appliances
    • Systems and appliances that aren’t regularly maintained
    • Equipment designed for commercial use
    • Secondary appliances or systems that fail because of a covered appliance or system
    • Damage from natural disasters

Fidelity Home Warranty pricing

The minimum annual price for a home warranty from Fidelity National Home Warranty is $350, but we've seen costs up to $445. These prices are low, but some items considered add-ons by the company, like air conditioning and refrigerators — included standard by most other companies — add to cost. The average service fee with Fidelity National Home Warranty is $75.

We don't love the quote process from Fidelity National Home Warranty. When we clicked the link to get a quote on its website, we received a message telling us to call the company instead. Most home warranty company websites have online functionality allowing customers to obtain a quote and buy the home warranty.

Fidelity National Home Warranty FAQ

Will Fidelity National Home Warranty cover older homes?
    Yes. Fidelity National Home Warranty doesn’t exclude coverage based on the age of your home as long as systems and appliances are working properly at the start of coverage.
    Does Fidelity National Home Warranty cover mold?
    No, Fidelity National Home Warranty does not pay for mold removal.
    How long does my coverage last from Fidelity National Home Warranty?
    Fidelity National Home Warranty's plans last one year.
    Does my plan with Fidelity National Home Warranty auto-renew?
    No. To renew a plan, customers must log on to their account online or call Fidelity National Home Warranty directly.

Is Fidelity National Home Warranty worth it?

For most homeowners, Fidelity National Home Warranty probably isn't worth it. The company's low prices might appeal to those on a budget, but the lower prices also come with less coverage than Fidelity National Home Warranty's competitors. The company has a clunky online experience and negative consumer reviews of its firm cancellation policy and customer service. For these reasons, we don't feel comfortable recommending Fidelity National Home Warranty for most homeowners. If you are still interested in a home warranty, continue researching home warranty companies and look for one with a more reliable track record.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

We have been with Fidelity National Home Warranty for 4 years and because we made claims, they dropped us. Isn’t that what a Home Warranty is for. Bad customer service. Save yourself the problems and use another company.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

They were quick to respond when my water heater went out and got a plumber out to my home and replace the heater pretty quickly. They also covered most of the cost of replacement. I'd recommend them to friends and family if asked.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 28, 2021

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY with this scam company. We signed up for this when we bought our house. But now that our A/C unit went out, they won’t approve repairs through any contractor but theirs. Their contractors are a week to 2 weeks out. During 95° plus weather. However that doesn’t count as an emergency to use my own contractor as it would have to be over 105° for a week. Laughable in Colorado as doubt it would happen. Also spent over 2.5 hours on hold to talk to 3 different reps, none of whom has any authority. Even spoke with someone in Authorization Dept who had no authority. I asked to speak to her manager. Was told I’d get a return call within 4 hours. Nearly 48 hours later, I’ve not gotten a call back. Customer service here in nonexistent and it’s nearly impossible to get anything from them when appliances break. Don’t waste money by signing up with this company.

Original review: July 22, 2021

I switched to Fidelity after using another company. Wrong decision!! Trying to get a hold of a customer service rep is beyond challenging (holding for over an hour) finally speaking to some one you can hardly understand is frustrating. My water heater is only producing cold water. The vendor has nothing but bad ratings. The vendor can’t get to my home for 6 days!! If you call back to Fidelity they won’t change the vendor but they sure charged me the $75.00 service call. I won’t be using them again and I would recommend. Old Republic home warranty was professional and timely. I will go back to them when it’s time to renew.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I reported online thru Fidelity National Home Warranty and on 6/28 a heating repair person came out. This was during 115 degree weather so the timing was terrible for losing my a/c. When I met with the repair person, he confirmed there is a leak and said the entire heat pump really should be replaced, although on the paperwork he only noted ‘coil has a leak in it’. After a couple phone calls to Fidelity 7/06 and 7/09, as they have never followed up with me on the service, they finally said the parts (condenser and coil) are on order and it would arrive within 2-5 days, so 7/16 at the latest.

I questioned that the repair person (as well as a previous repair company) said the heat pump should completely be replaced, but they said they were not qualified to answer that and a resolution specialist would call me. I have not once received a phone call from a resolution specialist and have twice asked for a manager to call me, and have not yet received a call back. I then tried calling to follow up on 7/16 and again today 7/19 and have been disconnected and/or hung up on at least 3 times and when calling, and am left waiting for someone to answer for 1 to 1 ½ hrs. I finally reached someone, Kristina, very nice, but she said nothing is yet on order and the repair company did not fill out the back of the form so they were waiting on this information. Unbelievable! Meanwhile, over 3 weeks later, I am still without a working heat pump. I feel it is very possible this company is a scam company. I highly recommend not using this company.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I am a current customer and my contract is about to expire. Normally I would renew, but I recently put a request in for my AC to be repaired since 7/7/2021. I have followed of the protocols, the contracting company is currently waiting on Fidelity Home Warranty for approval. I have called customer service, they transfer me to the authorization department, then the line is disconnected, Twice. I live in Texas. My family and I have been without AC since the 7/6/2021. Since I can't reach the company by phone and I can get any answers. Call me. My contract number is **! Service Number is **!

Original review: July 16, 2021

This is the worst home warranty. Terrible customer service, impossible hold times and phone system. I hope they have no future customers. It's appalling. Estimates for any repair are about 6 weeks - start to finish. And, plan for a good 5 hours tracking them down on status.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I have coverage with Fidelity National Home Warranty (FNHW) since December 2018. Never had any issues with our home and never made a claim until our AC stopped working on June 2021. Made a claim online and paid $75 for FNHW to send contractor from Comfort Control Heating & Air (CCH&A), it took 1 week until CCH&A technician came over to check my AC, after the CCH&A tech came over and assess the AC, it took them another week to send the Diagnostic Report back to FNHW. Now as I'm writing this review, it has been 3 weeks our home with 2 children with HOT temperature without any assurance of the status of this claim.

Made phone calls every day with at least 3 different outcomes from the customer service, the FNHW customer service will ask us to verify our information such as Full Name, Contract Number, Property Address, Email Address or Phone Number, once all that basic information verified, the FNHW did either: 1) After 15 minutes of long wait they speak to me over the phone as if they can't hear my voice and said will disconnect the phone call (highly inconvenience). 2) The FNHW customer service said have no info about the status of my claim and will transfer the call to Analyst Specialist, once the phone placed on hold for 15 minutes, the phone got disconnected or dropped (irritating).

3) The FNHW customer service will answer did not have info about my claim and this time they said will transfer my phone call to Authorization Department, and again after the phone was placed on hold for 15 minutes, the call was disconnected or dropped (increased frustration). So, my days of waiting for FNHW respond of my claim are basically the above phone response and unpleasant phone experience. Spend at least 1 hour of my valuable time every daily attempt to contact FNHW to complete/approve my claim. Ask the customer service about the estimate processing time and the answer was they don't have that information and basically leaving us paying customer waiting for services that we already paid up front but we never get the services.

I document video & audio of all phone attempt on my end, very interesting to review the FNHW got so creative on providing AWFUL SERVICES to us customers. This company (FNHW) was selected by my realtor when I purchased my house, had I gotten the option to choose, I will do my diligent research and select other reputable company, I will definitely discontinue my contract with FNHW. Experiencing something not working at home is already frustrating but FNHW have failed to provide excellent service to comfort us by getting the claim fix done immediately, but we still have to deal with SLOW CLAIM PROCESSING and POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE is not worth the money that we spend for Home Warranty.

Original review: June 30, 2021

All is good ... unless you need a repair. The only way to file a claim is online and if you have any issue (service dispatched is unavailable or out of business!) they will not answer the phones. Even their service providers complain about getting "disconnected" and hold times of over 2 hours. I have had an issue contacting them 3 times this year - when I do get through, they have used the same excuse EACH time. "We are experiencing technical difficulties." If that's true, the difficulties have lasted for 9 months and counting.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Our stove broke on 6/4/2021 (Friday evening)– the same day we called to file a claim. The representative was awesome– took our information and told us that someone would call us Monday morning (6/7/2021) and be there in the afternoon to see what could be done. This isn’t exactly how the repair company worked out – but either way someone came out on 6/9/2021 (Wednesday). The repair guy told us the parts are ‘a dime a dozen’ and shouldn’t be a problem to get. He stated it would be about 2 weeks only because of mail time and how long it’d take them to reschedule us.

We didn’t hear anything from anyone (repair or Fidelity) so on 6/23/2021 I reached out to an escalation manager at Fidelity. She told me she’d look into the status and get back to me about it that afternoon or Thursday morning (6/23 or 6/24/2021). Wednesday I hear nothing – Thursday I called multiple times and received no response. Finally, I located this person’s email and emailed her can called again to inform her if I can’t get an update, I would be filing a complaint. She texted me saying she hasn’t received any information but will have her assistant work on it. She then told me they have not control over parts since there’s a pandemic. I understand this but I also am not waiting 9 months (as the rude repair woman told me I’d be waiting) to get this resolved.

I also don’t have control over parts or getting the vendor to send Fidelity a report – which is apparently what is needed. Patti H – the Fidelity escalation manager told me they need the report from the vendor. When I asked her, "What happens if they don’t send you a report," I received no response. All I want is to be able to go buy a new stove, which I’ve been without now for almost a month. It’s ridiculous that I paid Fidelity to protect me from situations like this and I am now left to argue to them about doing the right thing. I haven’t mentioned to Patti that I had to buy an electric plate to cook things or go out to eat at times I didn’t want to because I don’t have anything to cook on. I feel like this is something Fidelity is doing on purpose hoping that I will just go away, and they won’t have to 1. Fix my stove or 2. Pay me out for it. This is my first and last time purchasing a home warranty. It’s not worth the battle. I also called Patti this morning (6/28/2021) and received no response - again.

Original review: June 25, 2021

I tried calling them multiple times and their customer service reps say they can't hear me and hang up. I tried going online but it says they won't respond since there is an open service request. I'm at my wit's end trying to contact them and find their entire service HORRIBLE. I wish I had seen these reviews first as I had them recommended by my real estate agent but would never ever recommend this service. We were also told my the service contractor they sent "good luck they'll never actually replace anything".

Original review: June 24, 2021

This company has TERRIBLE customer service, and refuses to live up to their contract. I had a plumbing emergency, involving a leaking water heater. I called them within 5 minutes of discovering the leak; they told me they were labeling it an emergency, and that they'd set up the service call. TWO DAYS later, they call and tell me that they have no available plumbers, so I should find my own. I do, and call them out to diagnose the problem, then call the authorization line as instructed. I'm on hold so long that the plumbers give up and go away. When I finally do get ahold of the authorization dept., many hours later, I'm given a list of info they need from the plumber. I contact the plumbers; they provide the information and I submit it. I'm then told by the authorization dept. that the info isn't good enough, because the plumbers offer a flat rate for water heater replacement.

I get as detailed an estimate as I'm able from the plumbers, only to be told that it's still not good enough, and also that they're not satisfied with being told the diagnosis by phone. Fair enough, so far, but when I try to get back in touch with Authorizations in order to find out what exactly they need, I endure very long hold times, being hung up on repeatedly, unanswered emails, customer service reps 'unable to help with this particular issue,' and so on. I am currently typing this review after being hung up on 'accidentally' 3 times, and being on hold half the day. Wow, does their hold music ever suck, once you've been listening to it for hours.

If you want to spend weeks of your life getting the runaround, or want emergencies treated like something that can wait a month, or want to be told to pick out for own technician (but pick them based on guidelines they don't tell you beforehand, so they can reject them afterwards), or be told by the rare helpful customer service person that they aren't actually the right person to help you but please hold while we transfer you then accidentally hang up on you, or desperately want to listen to loud flute music full time, by all means, pay several hundred dollars a year for the privilege. You'll get plenty of headaches in return for your money.

Take a Home Warranty Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Company Information