2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.00/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a base home warranty plan with optional add-ons. Plan costs range from $350 to $445 annually. The company places no age limit on the appliances and systems it covers. It protects homeowners in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

BOTTOM LINE

Fidelity National Home Warranty has affordably priced plans and helpful information on its website, but it isn't available in many locations, and some consumer reviews mention poor customer service.

PROS

• Low costs
    • Online resources
    • No age limits on covered items

CONS

• Reports of poor customer service
    • Not available in most states

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

What is Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers home warranties to residents in 15 states. Its base plan covers an array of home appliances and systems. Most homeowners should consider choosing additional coverage with Fidelity National Home Warranty's add-on options since the base plan doesn't cover some common household appliances and systems.

Fidelity National Home Warranty plans

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a standard plan and lets customers choose any add-ons they want. However, its standard plan doesn't provide coverage for systems and appliances that are included in many of its competitors' home warranty plans.

• Standard plan: Covers up to 23 household systems and appliances
      • Optional add-ons: Includes air conditioning system, refrigerators and pool equipment

Fidelity Home Warranty coverage

Fidelity National Home Warranty only offers one standard plan, but customers are able to purchase additional coverage for specific appliances and systems.

Standard plan
      Fidelity National Home Warranty only offers coverage in 15 states, so prospective customers should make sure the company operates in their area. Fidelity National Home Warranty’s standard plan covers the following appliances and systems:
      • Oven
      • Heating and ductwork
      • Water heater
      • Plumbing system
      • Bathroom whirlpool motor pump
      • Sump pump (if permanently installed)
      • Instant hot water dispenser
      • Toilets
      • Built-in microwave
      • Central vacuum system
      Optional coverage
      Fidelity National Home Warranty also offers optional coverage for the following appliances and systems:
      • Pool and spa equipment
      • Roof leak repair
      Noncovered items
      Fidelity National Home Warranty doesn’t cover the following:
      • Abused systems or appliances
      • Systems and appliances that aren’t regularly maintained
      • Equipment designed for commercial use
      • Secondary appliances or systems that fail because of a covered appliance or system
      • Damage from natural disasters

Fidelity Home Warranty pricing

The minimum annual price for a home warranty from Fidelity National Home Warranty is $350, but we've seen costs up to $445. These prices are low, but some items considered add-ons by the company, like air conditioning and refrigerators — included standard by most other companies — add to cost. The average service fee with Fidelity National Home Warranty is $75.

We don't love the quote process from Fidelity National Home Warranty. When we clicked the link to get a quote on its website, we received a message telling us to call the company instead. Most home warranty company websites have online functionality allowing customers to obtain a quote and buy the home warranty.

Fidelity National Home Warranty FAQ

Will Fidelity National Home Warranty cover older homes?
      Yes. Fidelity National Home Warranty doesn’t exclude coverage based on the age of your home as long as systems and appliances are working properly at the start of coverage.
      Does Fidelity National Home Warranty cover mold?
      No, Fidelity National Home Warranty does not pay for mold removal.
      How long does my coverage last from Fidelity National Home Warranty?
      Fidelity National Home Warranty's plans last one year.
      Does my plan with Fidelity National Home Warranty auto-renew?
      No. To renew a plan, customers must log on to their account online or call Fidelity National Home Warranty directly.

Is Fidelity National Home Warranty worth it?

For most homeowners, Fidelity National Home Warranty probably isn't worth it. The company's low prices might appeal to those on a budget, but the lower prices also come with less coverage than Fidelity National Home Warranty's competitors. The company has a clunky online experience and negative consumer reviews of its firm cancellation policy and customer service. For these reasons, we don't feel comfortable recommending Fidelity National Home Warranty for most homeowners. If you are still interested in a home warranty, continue researching home warranty companies and look for one with a more reliable track record.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

They used to be excellent! I had 5 properties with them for over 5 years. Last 2 years they are no longer good, completely changed! They choose the worst companies to send out for service calls. Last month, it took them 3 times to fix my heater and the tenants had to put up for almost a month without heater, on top of that, they charged me 3 times 75$ copay for for the same problem within guarantee period for service fees instead of 1 copay only. Three months ago, I had plumbing issue, it took them 3 companies to come to fix a simple plumbing problem!!! My tenants suffered!! I was under so much stress!

Last week, I had plumbing issue with another property, again, I had problem with their plumber, they came and not honest, the job still not done yet!!! In conclusion, my life is much happier without dealing with this Fidelity National Home guarantee! I don’t want to be constantly under stress every time calling them for service on top of paying them big money for police costs along with copay!!! Cannot wait to stop all policies with them. I wanted to stop immediately, but they charge 50$ each properties for canceling before policy is over. I just pray to stop dealing with them soon and run away from them!???

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

We have placed three service orders with his company since our real Estate agent recommended them in the sale transaction. First one took a month to hear from someone as they used the real estate agents info not ours. Second one took a week to get an appliance repair company to come to our house. They spent 10 minutes diagnosing and left. 2 months later they repaired the microwave. Fidelity blamed it on parts. This last broke the camel's back. Place an emergency plumbing service order on Dec 30th. They assigned to a company that does not answer their phone. Tried for 4 days. Went back to Fidelity who promised to contact vendor and get them right out.

Two days later, never heard a word. Called them back, stayed on hold for 45 minutes. They told me they would find another vendor and get them right out. 2 days later still nothing. Now I can get a hold of anybody at Fidelity as their phone system keeps hanging up on me. Called their HQ and asked to speak to their President. Blew me off by telling me a manager would call me back. It's been 3 months and nothing. I want my money back and be done with them. Not worth it if they were free.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Washer not working (options given did not meet problem) and now leaking today. No appointment set until I called at least 4 times. The company says contact in 24 hour. Not true. One rep said I could have contact in 27 minutes...really! - No follow up. Finally given a service company (Sears Home Service) only to find out they had no record at least times 4! Finally had appointment for a month out after much contact by me. Very difficult to understand - English barrier on their part as well at least with one of their so-called service people. Cannot wait service for a month. Told a rush might be available but company would have to validate cost and I had to find service company. Would not connect me to anyone that had the authority to assist. So what is customer paying for? Company gladly accepts payment for very few home issues submitted over a few years but is not reliable. I would highly recommend customers find reputable company.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

Had them for eight years and my usual services were minor plumbing or pest control. But this year, we encountered sewer problems and after 3 different plumbing companies visiting and denying repairs - a pattern has emerged. All the plumbers sent out were three months in with HW and only looked for reasons to NOT do the job, e.g.: the crawl space is too hard to get into (not true), or a p-trap is missing (improper install is covered in the contract) or that my house is a multi unit (not true; single residence with 3 levels; the burden of proof was on me, btw.)

Despite my requests to speak with their supervisor I was being transferred to other reps who were not supervisors and kept repeating the same script. I sent them quotes from the contract. Everything was denied. Yet, the same companies gave me outrageous estimates to fix the issue privately. HW lines up a job, charges me $75 for them to come out, do nothing, deny the claim, then their plumbers offer high prices on fixing the problems with them. Totally unethical. Leaving them immediately and have only bad things to say about Fidelity National. There are many other companies to choose from in CA. STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE!!!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

The representative could not understand English. He was ignorant of the Contract. I requested that he transfer me to a representative who could speak English and knew the details of contract. He refused. He refused to discuss cancellation of Warranty because he failed to listen to me.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

I have had this service for several years and just barely used it. I needed to renew one policy and I ask if I can submit a repair request immediately. They confirmed and once I paid the renewal and the service fee they denied the service. I don't like lying companies and this is one of the worst. I would never do business again with them. I don't recommend you to hire this company. Avoid headaches.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

Dealing with this company is terrible. I'd rather pay thousands of dollars to a group of 5 year olds for repairs than these jokers. I'd rather slam my head in a car door repeatedly than put in a another service request with Fidelity. Just say no.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

I am a new homeowner and this company literally charges you and then lets you do ALL the work. You may as well pay for anything that breaks down on your own accord cause each time you call them, they just charge you $75 and then let you coordinate w/ repair techs etc to arrange anything after that. The repair companies and techs are completely mediocre. It's absurd. I hate this company. I'm looking now to figure out how to transfer to an entirely different company immediately.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

Their customer service is horrible. Each time we call for a service they have a delay and most of the time they register wrong information for our requested service. In last two weeks, I called them for a pre-season heating tune-up, and after two weeks we got a call that we are not eligible for AC tune up at this time of year!!!! Who needs an AC tune up now??!! When I clarify for them I never asked for AC tune up they told me that pre season tune up time is over, when my wife explained to them that first time we called for that the time was not over, the lady on call, did not like to listen and repeated her sentences. This lady is the one who call you to schedule time and give you information about the service company, is SUPER RUDE. She hang up the phone on my wife and she does have any skill of listening at all. I will never ever do business with this company. Bring your business somewhere else.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Just purchased home. Told warranty covers everything. So far 20k out of my pocket later as they cover nothing. Called on my garage door opener and they came out 2 days later. Cactus Garage Door. Said it's the motherboard and it's 8 weeks backlogged so far. So I had to pay 75 and the item isn't in stock and in fact backlogged. Waited a week for a mgr. at Fidelity to call me back. Lucy. I examined. I AM ELDERLY AND HANIDCAPPED AND LIVE ALONE and need the garage for safety. She said, "You signed the contract." I said, "No I didn't. It came with the home I purchased." She said they have no control over how long a part takes to come in. So it's been 8 weeks already? I asked, "How long do I have to wait?" She couldn't give me an answer. In other words I'm screwed till the part comes in. Well this Fidelity is heartless, cold, unprofessional and they lie. HOPE YOU NEVER HAVE TO CALL THEM. THEY DON'T CARE.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Company Information