2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.01/5

Take a Home Warranties, Service Plans Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a base home warranty plan with optional add-ons. Plan costs range from $350 to $445 annually. The company places no age limit on the appliances and systems it covers. It protects homeowners in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

Take a Home Warranties, Service Plans Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Fidelity National Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

These guys will use every trick in the book to not cover something that is broken. Whoever you talk to will tell you some bogus reason (e.g., "the report says that there was rust, so that means that it was not maintained") and when you tell them that there wasn't rust and you want to see the report they'll say that they need to gather more information and call you back. But they never call back.

When you call to find out what's going on the customer service people won't be able to find the supervisors; the person dealing with your account will be out of the office - whatever it takes to get you off the phone. If you're persistent enough to finally get ahold of a supervisor they'll tell you that they can't mail you the report because it's confidential; that they can't mail you the contract because it's a legal document; that the person who does that is in another department; etc. Don't be surprised if you get multiple different answers about why something isn't covered (I've heard 5 different reasons from 4 different people as to why my air conditioner isn't covered). I can't say this too strongly: You're a fool to take out a home warranty with FNHW.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

Plumber went to take care of the plumbing leaks at the house-had to go to twice for parts. Did not fix a faucet without a handle that had water flowing, and did not shut it off. Plumber said it was not covered, and wanted to charge another $85.00 for it. According to my understanding all plumbing of the home is included. He did not call me (property manager) nor did I receive any call/email from Fidelity. Looks like Fidelity needs better people working for them.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

Should have read reviews before purchasing. Bought a home 6 years ago. Have put thousands into repairing/replacing things since then. Figured it was time to get a home warranty. AC started popping fuses on a regular basis weeks after getting the coverage with FNHW. After being on hold for over an hour they finally opened a claim. Sent a service guy out for him to tell me the fuse box wasn’t the right amps and that was the issue. FNHW ultimately denied my claim as replacing the fuse box with the “correct amps” is considered an “upgrade” and isn’t covered. How could this alleged amp issue suddenly become a problem after 6 years???

Well today, my AC unit squealed and squeaked and the fan would even turn on. After being on hold for 65 mins again, the very rude representative told me they won’t send out a technician for a second opinion and I can’t even submit a new claim! Only after I pay out of pocket ($225) to have the box upgraded and provide proof of doing so can I submit a new claim. Luckily my husband gave the thing a good smack and got it going so we don’t die in this heat but I’m sure the unit is on its way out. Stay away from these unprofessional frauds!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

What does a person have to do to get help? I filed a claim on Friday on an automated phone line. I received the name of a contractor who was supposed to contact me within 24 hours, though, being a weekend, I didn't expect a call until Monday. When I received no call by early afternoon on Monday, I called the contractor and left a message. A few hours later I called Fidelity with the intent of requesting another referral. After holding for 30 minutes, I had to hang up. I can find no place on the website to report that I have not received service. I am frustrated at finding no avenue for escalating this issue. My contract is up for renewal...Hmmm....Wonder what I'll do...?

Original review: July 29, 2020

I still don’t know how this place still operate. It takes them 2 weeks, almost 3 to solve an A/C issue. No calls, no solution at all. You pretty much have to wait 1hr to get a hold of someone on the phone to talk to you like if you are an idiot. They do not understand anything, no sense of urgency, they make mistakes ordering parts, they don’t take matters seriously, which is what happened in our case. 1st a gas leak and now an a/c issue that has taken up to 2 weeks with a 1yr old at home in Texas and me being 8 months pregnant. DO NOT go with this company this is a joke. And Jennifer one of the customer service rep is the worst.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I had a water heater leak and put a service request. It's almost 13 days the issue has not been resolved. I have called 22 times (each time it took 35-50 minutes) before someone picked up the call. All of them provided conflicting information regarding my case, now, they are still reviewing the case. I was told for the last five days that an analyst and manager will call me. But so far in vain. There is no option to contact the manager or anyone else, except talking to CS representative. My water heater is still leaking. No one should sign up with the cheat company.

Original review: July 22, 2020

If I could rate this company zero stars, I would. We purchased a home last year and our seller provided a home warranty through Fidelity. First of all, the customer service is atrocious. Their agents are rude and have no sense of urgency. When our A/C went out in the Texas heat, they drag their feet on getting us a coverage amount for WEEKS. We called every single day to try to get them to move things along to no avail. Finally, when they did decide to give us a coverage amount, they refused to accept our technician's recommendation that the entire system be replaced (indoor and outdoor) due to incompatibility between a new system and our old 20-year-old system, and agreed only to replace the outdoor unit. We had to pay out of pocket to replace the rest of the system which, of course, was more than four times the amount that Fidelity paid us.

Second, their coverage is terrible. The policy is expensive and covers far less than any other company we have looked into. Want your fridge covered along with your other kitchen appliances? You have to pay extra. Refrigerator coverage appears to be standard for most other companies. Not this one. If you want to deal with rude agents and be nickle-and-dimed every single time you have a problem, go with Fidelity. If you want a decent home warranty that provides adequate coverage for the price, look elsewhere.

Original review: July 21, 2020

This company is awful. Their customer service is atrocious. I haven't been able to talk to anyone in customer service in two days of trying to contact them. Oh wait, that's a lie. I did get connected to a service representative and they promptly hung up on me. On hold for hours and then their service just disconnects the call so I call back in and wait on hold until they drop the call again. Their website is broken so you can't actually submit a service request there either. This is criminal and I should get a refund since I can't actually submit a request for service. Who needs a working oven anyways when you're stuck at home during the pandemic? If you call their sales team, you'll be speaking with a person within minutes so they call shill their fake warranty that they do everything in their power to avoid honoring. Beyond frustrating. Stay far away from this terrible company.

Original review: July 16, 2020

We purchased an older home in mid May, moved in on the first of June. Our AC went out the afternoon of July 9th, just in time for the start of a heat advisory in this part of Texas. We contacted our home warranty people, and after an hour plus on hold, were told that they would try to have someone out here by...Tuesday! We asked for the name of the company, got it, and tried to call them directly. Nothing. Had to get a window unit so we could sleep in our own house. Called Fidelity the next day, and after 5 1/2 hours on hold, got the same statement, so we decided to call someone on our own. They were able to come out on Monday, replaced the fan motor and it started to work!

Oh joy...till it tripped the breaker, and went down again. Repairman came out and looked at it and said that we need to have an electrician look at the breaker, it should not be doing this. Called Fidelity again (we had called to cancel the appointment on Tuesday earlier), to have an electrician come out. They cannot be here until...Thursday! Thursday comes along, the electrician they sent out has a look at the breaker box and breaker, then talked in circles trying to get us to say that the AC is the problem so that he doesn't have to do anything. We didn't fall for it, asked if it can be fixed today, he mumbled something, went outside to look at the AC unit, and drove off...called about 3 minutes later, said he was going to have to order the breaker and it may be here in a couple of days.

So, in one week, we have been able to use our whole home for 3/4 of one day. We cannot decide if we are going to wait on him to get back to us (I doubt he will), call Fidelity, or just cave in and call an electrician ourselves and get it fixed. I do know this, we are going to start looking at getting a new home warranty company ASAP!

Original review: July 14, 2020

The company's order system is so outdated. They would not cancel the duel charge for the same service. I made a phone call while my husband made a online request for the same service - to have our broken refrigerator fixed. They send out two technician from two separated contract company. However, the first company did not solve the problem. So when the second company called me, I thought it's the second company Fidelity send out since the first company is not able to solve the problem. So, I let him in. As a result, Fidelity charged us twice, just because Fidelity system is not able to consolidated the online and phone request. They would make customer pay for the defect of the system.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Company Information