Find a Home Warranties partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About Fidelity National Home Warranty

Fidelity National Home Warranty offers a base home warranty plan with optional add-ons. Plan costs range from $350 to $445 annually. The company places no age limit on the appliances and systems it covers. It protects homeowners in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Utah and Washington.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Low costs
    • Online resources
    • No age limits on covered items

Cons

• Reports of poor customer service
    • Not available in most states

Bottom Line

Fidelity National Home Warranty has affordably priced plans and helpful information on its website, but it isn't available in many locations, and some consumer reviews mention poor customer service.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Fidelity National Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fidelity National Home Warranty?

Original review: June 30, 2021

All is good ... unless you need a repair. The only way to file a claim is online and if you have any issue (service dispatched is unavailable or out of business!) they will not answer the phones. Even their service providers complain about getting "disconnected" and hold times of over 2 hours. I have had an issue contacting them 3 times this year - when I do get through, they have used the same excuse EACH time. "We are experiencing technical difficulties." If that's true, the difficulties have lasted for 9 months and counting.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Our stove broke on 6/4/2021 (Friday evening)– the same day we called to file a claim. The representative was awesome– took our information and told us that someone would call us Monday morning (6/7/2021) and be there in the afternoon to see what could be done. This isn’t exactly how the repair company worked out – but either way someone came out on 6/9/2021 (Wednesday). The repair guy told us the parts are ‘a dime a dozen’ and shouldn’t be a problem to get. He stated it would be about 2 weeks only because of mail time and how long it’d take them to reschedule us.

We didn’t hear anything from anyone (repair or Fidelity) so on 6/23/2021 I reached out to an escalation manager at Fidelity. She told me she’d look into the status and get back to me about it that afternoon or Thursday morning (6/23 or 6/24/2021). Wednesday I hear nothing – Thursday I called multiple times and received no response. Finally, I located this person’s email and emailed her can called again to inform her if I can’t get an update, I would be filing a complaint. She texted me saying she hasn’t received any information but will have her assistant work on it. She then told me they have not control over parts since there’s a pandemic. I understand this but I also am not waiting 9 months (as the rude repair woman told me I’d be waiting) to get this resolved.

I also don’t have control over parts or getting the vendor to send Fidelity a report – which is apparently what is needed. Patti H – the Fidelity escalation manager told me they need the report from the vendor. When I asked her, "What happens if they don’t send you a report," I received no response. All I want is to be able to go buy a new stove, which I’ve been without now for almost a month. It’s ridiculous that I paid Fidelity to protect me from situations like this and I am now left to argue to them about doing the right thing. I haven’t mentioned to Patti that I had to buy an electric plate to cook things or go out to eat at times I didn’t want to because I don’t have anything to cook on. I feel like this is something Fidelity is doing on purpose hoping that I will just go away, and they won’t have to 1. Fix my stove or 2. Pay me out for it. This is my first and last time purchasing a home warranty. It’s not worth the battle. I also called Patti this morning (6/28/2021) and received no response - again.

Original review: June 25, 2021

I tried calling them multiple times and their customer service reps say they can't hear me and hang up. I tried going online but it says they won't respond since there is an open service request. I'm at my wit's end trying to contact them and find their entire service HORRIBLE. I wish I had seen these reviews first as I had them recommended by my real estate agent but would never ever recommend this service. We were also told my the service contractor they sent "good luck they'll never actually replace anything".

Original review: June 24, 2021

This company has TERRIBLE customer service, and refuses to live up to their contract. I had a plumbing emergency, involving a leaking water heater. I called them within 5 minutes of discovering the leak; they told me they were labeling it an emergency, and that they'd set up the service call. TWO DAYS later, they call and tell me that they have no available plumbers, so I should find my own. I do, and call them out to diagnose the problem, then call the authorization line as instructed. I'm on hold so long that the plumbers give up and go away. When I finally do get ahold of the authorization dept., many hours later, I'm given a list of info they need from the plumber. I contact the plumbers; they provide the information and I submit it. I'm then told by the authorization dept. that the info isn't good enough, because the plumbers offer a flat rate for water heater replacement.

I get as detailed an estimate as I'm able from the plumbers, only to be told that it's still not good enough, and also that they're not satisfied with being told the diagnosis by phone. Fair enough, so far, but when I try to get back in touch with Authorizations in order to find out what exactly they need, I endure very long hold times, being hung up on repeatedly, unanswered emails, customer service reps 'unable to help with this particular issue,' and so on. I am currently typing this review after being hung up on 'accidentally' 3 times, and being on hold half the day. Wow, does their hold music ever suck, once you've been listening to it for hours.

If you want to spend weeks of your life getting the runaround, or want emergencies treated like something that can wait a month, or want to be told to pick out for own technician (but pick them based on guidelines they don't tell you beforehand, so they can reject them afterwards), or be told by the rare helpful customer service person that they aren't actually the right person to help you but please hold while we transfer you then accidentally hang up on you, or desperately want to listen to loud flute music full time, by all means, pay several hundred dollars a year for the privilege. You'll get plenty of headaches in return for your money.

Original review: June 22, 2021

This is for the service request placed on 6-3-21 for a/c repairs. Service work order # **. You notified us that we would have to find our own contractor. We did and have submitted their estimate to you. We have not received approval on this as of today's date. My husband and I have spent numerous hours trying to get through on the phone at the claim authorization # and various #'s for your company. Every time we call we are on hold and ultimately every time the lines disconnects. How do we get approval if no one ever answers the phone?

We've been without a/c for over three weeks in 100° temperatures. We have a baby in our home. This is not acceptable. We pay for our contract, then pay the call out fee and cannot get any help. This is not the first time we've had this problem. I'm seriously considering not renewing the contract on our next renewal date. Please advise me on how to move forward. I just want approval so we can move forward with the repairs needed.

Original review: June 17, 2021

Buyer beware...Do not purchase a home warranty through Fidelity home warranty, they will not fix anything, it's just a scam. We purchased the Single family P-10 Enhanced policy with Pool/Spa after purchasing our new home. We first called when our heat did not produce heat or adequate air-flow. We spent countless hours on the phone to try and get this problem fixed. Three different companies were sent out, the first did nothing and said the heater was old and needs to be replaced, however Fidelity said that the tech said the heater worked normal.

Another round of calls and pleading to send out another company, this one replaced the filter and ripped out the insulation that lines the duct inside the heater closet. No change in function, the heater still did not heat. More call and time on the phone to get out a third company. This one replaced the thermostat and and gas valve. Nothing changed and the heater still did not work. Fidelity refused to send out any more companies or techs and said the heater works but it is old.

We hired a heating and air conditioning company on our own, they found the problem fairly quickly, the A-frame shaped Evaporator core was dirty, they removed it, clean it, and when they put it back, eureka! The heater worked, the flow was restored and the heat coming out of the vents was hot. So all it needed was to be cleaned! Like they say in baseball, three strikes and you're out. Please please save yourself from the ordeal I went through! Just save some money each month and use that to fund future repairs and breakdowns.

Original review: June 17, 2021

I'm a realtor & have sent many clients to this company. I thought I might have better service, nope. I've had 3 homes covered with them for around 10 years. At first it was great but within the last 3-4 years the service just keeps getting worse. I've been on the phone for over an hour on many occasions. The recording says it's easier to get service online but they don't have any of my properties listed for me to select & I've asked them that several times to fix it. Still not listed so have no choice but to phone in.

My last service request was on our ice maker. Get this, they sent out an A/C company on 4/15/21 for an ice maker! Was told we needed a new one, now it's been over a month & still no ice maker!!! I've already cancelled one of my properties to try a different warranty & the others will most likely follow. I've tried to call for several days now & the recording says they are having technical difficulties! So I have nowhere to turn. Very frustrating & not sure what I can do, I already paid my service fee.

Original review: June 16, 2021

Was given this with a condo I purchased. Everything I needed help with they had an excuse not to cover - hadn't been properly maintained. WHY did they agree to offer a warranty w/o knowing this?? Zero benefits.

Original review: June 15, 2021

My experience with home warranty is that you get nothing back from what you pay. Each claim costs $75, but even if you cancel it immediately, you don't get a penny back. When water heater does not function well (with limited hot water), they conclude no action needed. I realized that claims for actual fix/replacement are very hard to go through. It feels absolutely like dumping money into water. Far better off not having a warranty and calling straight to experts for malfunctioning appliances.

Original review: June 14, 2021

This is an extremely difficult company to contact. Their website is very basic and not very helpful. There is no email address to contact anyone regarding issues. The only phone number on the website is for sales dept. but I was still able to access customer service through that number. The service dept. # is on the warranty contract. The least amount of wait time I’ve experienced has been 40 minutes. That was today. I’ve been waiting to get a response from this company from a service request dated 5/21/21 regarding our A/C and the service rep's recommendation for replacement. We haven’t heard from the company yet.

After 40 minutes on hold, I spoke with a person who stated they sent an email on 6/8/21 to get my approval and inform me of my options. I explained I never received the email and had even been regularly checking my spam folder for any emails from Fidelity National. At this time I was that the email wouldn’t come from Fidelity National but from a different name but she couldn’t remember what the name was. She then stated she could transfer me to the email dept. or I could just call the number back and press 2. I explained that is what I had already done to be able to speak with her. I requested she go ahead and transfer me and she stated she will and then the line was disconnected. In total, I’ve called 27 times in the past two hours getting placed on hold for 40 minutes the first time, disconnected 6 times and busy signals the rest.

Fidelity National Home Warranty Company Information