Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Century Shower Doors Reviews

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I contracted with Century Shower Doors through Home Depot in Nov 2018. The salesman measured our shower and said the installation would be done in 2 to 3 weeks. When the installer showed up 3 weeks later, he said the measurements were wrong and the enclosure would have to be remade. I had planned to list my house for sale on Jan 1. We did not get our shower installed until Jan 11. I was promised a $100 refund for inconvenience, which I never received. This company is totally incompetent.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I wouldn't waste your time on this company who doesn't back their product. I paid $1,600 for a custom shower door one year ago. I called back for servicing and they flat out refused my request. I should have just gone to my bank and withdrew 1,600 one dollar bills and thrown it into the ocean or air. What a joke. Run. Run fast. Lesson learned. Pathetic. The guy actually told me maybe there's another company that can help me but then wouldn't say who that company was and maybe my contractor can tell me? WTF? Are you kidding me? And I'm definitely going back to Home Depot who referred me to this company and tell them my experience. I'll hopefully save others grief, time and hard earned money.

Get expert buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

This is a quote from their website "Design of Century Shower Door’s metal frame is unique in the shower door industry. It has a tubular design, rather than a flat rail, which provides a long lasting and sure fitting product. Non-corrosive aluminum pivots with nylon inserts replace outdated metal piano hinges and an exclusive adjustable wall jamb allows our units." I expected a rounded bottom that water would roll off but much to my surprise, waiting 24 hours as told to open the door and the pictures are below.

You can clearly see they gave me a "flat rail" that collects water, gray rubber to prevent leaks coming from either side. The reason for the replacement was told to the sales rep. I did not want water collecting on the door because it is prone to MOLD. Now my husband tells me they gave him NO RECEIPT. I now find that payment went to Home Depot according to my husband and credit card receipt. I will issue another complaint on Home Depot if necessary once I contact them.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I went to Home Depot to look at shower doors. I found a salesman who steered me to Century Shower Door. It was a Saturday, so I was informed I would hear from CSD in two working days. I had no response in that time, so I called the 1-800 number. The operator was most helpful and said she would have someone contact me right away. A week later and still no response. Today, I decided to check the reviews. After doing so, and reading the horror stories in dealing with this company, I decided to cancel my order. My thanks to those who wrote previous reviews. Saved me from a lot of grief.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I was referred to this company by filling out a request online at Home Depot for a Shower Door. They called right away to schedule an in-home estimate. Their guy came as scheduled, did the measuring, drew a picture of what it would look like (custom made slider for my bathtub). He tried to take payment on his mobile phone, but it didn't work. He said I could pay in store at Home Depot. So I went down to Home Depot that day and made my payment in FULL as required! Home Depot initially had a lot of trouble even finding my pending order in their system. Regardless, finally they figured it out and I made my payment.

I called Century Shower Door a day or so later to verify they had received my payment. They confirmed, said they were going to call me that day, and that they would call me when the parts were ready for them to schedule install. A couple weeks go by and I hear nothing. I finally call them again and they said they had tried to call me but it turned out they had the wrong phone number for me. Odd since they originally called me for the estimate... but I didn't think about that at that moment. So we schedule the install for a week later. The guy shows up for the install and after 10 minutes or so says there is a problem. He shows me the bottom track is an inch or so too short. I am confused how this is possible since he measured it all. Although looking back at the paperwork, I don't see the measurements so I assume he had filled that out on a different form.

So now I am told it will be another week to get the parts re-made. Aggravated. I agree. What else can I do. So the guy leaves (accidentally leaves one of his tools hanging in my bathtub) and I am waiting again. Two weeks go by. I again hear nothing. So I call again. Now they say that they were just going to be calling me today. They needed to go verify that all the parts were ready so they would call me back. Shockingly, they call me back that day and the parts are ready, so we schedule another appointment for install a week later.

This morning was the day for install. Estimate bt. 12 pm and 3 pm. I get a phone call at 10 am from Century Shower Door that there is a problem with the parts. Some are broken etc. so that they are going to have to have the parts re-made and schedule another install date. REALLY??? Omg... I am done with this company. Don't bother! I have now called Home Depot. The Customer Service Specialist at the local store where I made my payment is appalled. She is going to make some calls and research this along with her Store Manager in order to get my order cancelled and my money refunded.

Sadly all of this probably could have been avoided had I researched reviews on Century Shower Door before even talking to them. I suppose I let my normal method of researching slide when I was referred to them by Home Depot. After the first time they arrived with parts that weren't correct, I did finally research and found how displeased other customers are with this company and their product. Even if they do finally get the measurements right, I don't trust that after install it wouldn't leak. What's the point of a leaky shower door! Needless to say, I am hopeful that Home Depot will make this right. If they do not, I will be disputing my charge with my credit card company (luckily I didn't pay with my Debit card). Steer clear of Century Shower Doors.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Century Shower Door?

Original review: July 24, 2014

Home Depot to buy frameless shower doors, they had Century Shower Door come to my home for measurements, etc. Installation was scheduled and frameless shower door was installed. I was told to let it stand for 24 hours and not touch, I did as I was told, once I tried to use shower door, discovered scratches on towel bar and the outside door wobbled with EXCESSIVE LOUD NOISE, inside door did not. I called Century Shower Door with concerns, was told to contact salesman and have him come out to inspect. It took over 2 weeks to get salesman back out. The salesman inspected, told me it was good that I bought the MAJOR wobbling of outer door to this attention, because it could cause more major problems down the road. He wrote up work order and said I would hear from Century Shower by Monday of the following week. I never heard from them.

I called Tuesday and Century said they did not have paper work from SALESMAN and that Century Showers would call me on Thursday, they did not call. I called on Friday and they scheduled repairs for the following week on Wednesday. Technician came on Wednesday, replaced towel bar and then proceeded to tell me he could not fix the excessive wobbling and noise. He said this was the standard and I had to accept it. I told him I would not. He said the repair would be expensive and his company would not approve. He added comments on work order, marked it incomplete and told me to call his boss which I did. The boss said he would speak with technical and get back to me, he never got back to me. I then called Home Depot and told them, either fix it or take it back, Home Depot sided with Century and said the work order was complete and I would have to start all over again with the salesman coming out again.

I had made a copy of the work order before the technician left and proceeded to tell Home Depot that and said my copy was marked INCOMPLETE. Two hours later I got a call from Century Shower Door to make an appointment for repairs. Today they finally came with new spacer which corrected the problem. The Director of Operations from Century said he did not understand why the salesman said what he did and that excessive wobbling and noise was the standard but because I was so dissatisfied, they had a special spacer made to correct problem which they installed today.

I would never recommend Century Shower Door to anyone, Century Shower Door's customer service sucks! AND WHAT THE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS SAYS IS THEIR STANDARD IS WAY BELOW WHAT I WOULD ACCEPT. I also had others take a look and they all agreed that the shower door SHOULD NOT WOBBLE TO THE EXCESS THAT IT DID AND MAKE THE NOISE THAT IT DID.

Original review: July 15, 2014

I made an appointment with Century Shower doors for an estimate. I was given a window: 9-11 o'clock on a given day. The salesman never came. I called the customer service at eleven; they had the salesman call me. He said that he had a lot of other estimates and was running late. I asked him why he never even called me to say he was delayed, and he had no answer. I told him that we could forget about the whole thing -- or he could come at 5 PM. He had no answer for that, so it was obvious he wasn't really serious about getting our business. The moral of the story: Century is unreliable and not concerned with client satisfaction. Do not call!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2013

A gentleman came to our home, sold us a shower door. Very expensive but we believed it would be good. Stated in writing 10 to 17 days to install. Individual stated that he was the salesman but he would coordinate the installation process. After 24 days passed called the salesman. No answer. Greater than 10 calls over the next 4 four days. Sensing the scam, called the California office in Torrance. Office stated would call me back. 5 hours later, after no return call, called Century Shower Doors back. They stated no chance of installation prior to the new year. would be 1 1/2 month. Reason for no contact or return calls; the salesman is the installer, and the only person working for Century Shower Doors in the state of Arizona.

Filed two consumer complaints in AZ and CA. Spoke with contractors. Working solo for this type of project is unsafe. This work environment has high chance for the following three problems: injury in the buyer's home, poor workmanship and risk of property destruction. Knowing the following I called the company a third time. Stated only wanted to be refunded. Stated they would not refund. This was a stock door from their catalogue. Next Contact Home Depot, the source of the referral. Home Depot informed me that they was not one of the common companies recommend for shower door installation. Normally Home Depot vendors take about 5 to 10 days top to complete this type of project. Home Depot agreed refund was appropriate. Home Depot apologized and stated they would address the problems.

Contacted credit card company found out the Century Shower Doors keeps it name free of paper trail. My charge statement list purchase as Home Depot.

Learned the scam works this way. Credit Card Company and Home Depot agree that the door was never delivered or installed and refund is appropriate. Home Depot being the honest business entity refunds. Century Shower Doors changes their story with whatever lie makes it appear that they are credible. Their hope is to pit Home Depot against the customer while they pocket the money.

Conclusion: If you read all the complaints about Century Shower Doors from multiple states workmanship is frequently below the industry standard. Leaks are common. Fraudulent behavior is common. If someone calls from Century Shower Doors decline the estimate as you will spend hours trying to get a return call once they have your money. Based on the volume of complaints Century Shower Doors workmanship is poor, if they even come to install the door. After all the aggravation you will have a very expensive leaking door.

Original review: June 18, 2013

I got a frameless shower door installed by them through Home Depot last year. The gentleman that did the measurements was polite and seemed quite experienced. He said everything looked fine and made a sketch of what the shower would look like. Little did I know that his measurements would not look anything like his sketch. I ended up getting a shower door that was bigger than the panel....quite a bit actually! I would not have really bothered much if it were not for the door that would open and miss my toilet bowl by few inches!! It was a safety hazard and an inconvenience.

Let me explain... When I take a shower, my first GF can't use the toilet! Either I take a shower first or she finish her business on the pot and that applies both ways. The other problem is with the leaks through the door. There is a significant amt of water outside the shower every time I take a shower. It is a nuisance and also a safety hazard too. I also had to bear with their delays and other inefficiencies. It took them a total of about 45-50 days to finish their inadequate job. The first time they came to install, they broke a piece of tile which would hold the panel. The guy was quite apologetic. I got the tile fixed and called them to get a new date.

A week later they show up with a panel that was not the right size??? After a further delay of 2 weeks, I got the shower installed. I was relieved and failed to pay proper attention. When I finally took a good look, I found out the problem and promptly reported it to the assistant store manager at Home Depot in El Cerrito, CA. He spoke with CSH and I was told that someone from CSH would contact me. The next day, I had to call them when I didn't get a response. I was told that they were sorry about the delays but they can't do anything about the shower door since I had signed on the paper work.

I am extremely unhappy with their product and service. I tried to reach a resolution by offering them their product back and another $500 for a new shower. They countered by offering $100 in gift card at Home Depot. I refused this flatly and they wouldn't listen to anything further. I am posting this review here so that other people who may consider this company will have a heads up and do their due diligence. On the flip side, they do answer their phones when you call them and I also spoke with their boss, Adam, who listened but sounded irritated. It looks like this company could use a makeover in the being honest department. I will never buy another product from this company again. I will be more than happy to post the sketch and other details for anyone interested.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2012

In June 2012, we purchased a frameless Century Shower Door from Century Shower Door company in Torrance, CA. We had originally anticipated purchasing a framed shower door, not knowing that frameless shower doors were an option.

When the salesperson from the company came to our house, he informed us that frameless shower doors looked much better and were much easier to clean and take care of than framed shower doors, but it were slightly more expensive. He essentially sold us on the frameless doors but he never told us that they leaked terribly and were essentially defective since they did not do what they are designed to do, which is to block water from leaking out of the shower. Once the shower doors were installed and we began to use the shower, the shower doors began to leak substantial amounts of water at the bottom of the door.

We called the company and after several requests, they sent the salesperson over to our home to look at the doors, instead of a technician. A week or so later, a technician came to the house and placed more caulking at the bottom of the door. The door continued to leak large amounts of water so we contacted Century Shower Door again. This time, the company sent a sales manager to our house and he tried turning on the shower and closing the door. Even though the shower head was pointing away from the shower doors, the shower doors continued to leak at the bottom of the doors. He said there was nothing else they could do, except to replace the doors with framed shower doors. He gave us a quote for framed shower doors which was about $400 less than what we had paid for the frameless shower doors.

We wrongly assumed that the doors would be replaced free of charge and that we would receive a refund for the difference since the frameless shower doors are clearly defective. He told us that we would have to pay for the new framed shower doors and that we would not receive a credit for the frameless shower doors that we had installed and which cost us $1,255. When we objected, he told us to call a manager at the company named James **. I phoned him the next day and he said that there was nothing he could do and that I would have to speak with the owner. He further informed me that since I had initialed a box on the diagram sheet that showed a drawing of the door that they were not liable for the leakage and were not obligated to replace the door free of charge. The box states in a very small print, which is difficult to read, that heavy glass shower enclosures are not designed to withstand a direct water source.

Several days later, I spoke to the owner who had been out of town and he placed me on speakerphone from the beginning of our conversation. His name was Adam and he refused to give me his last name. He was extremely confrontational and defensive from the outset of our conversation. He refused to replace the defective doors, that his company had installed, free of charge. Instead, he argued with me and said that there was nothing he could do because I had initialed the box with the quote. He was rude, condescending, and indifferent. He could not have cared less that we were having trouble with one of his company's products. He said that we would have to pay full price to get framed shower doors installed. I told him that his salesperson should never have sold us these doors as he could see that our shower space was too narrow to accommodate shower doors such as these without substantial leakage. He said, too bad - you signed the box.

I would note that the quote on the form is so broad and nebulous that if a customer were to read it, that it does not adequately inform them that the shower doors will most likely leak substantially especially if they are placed in a small shower space. Moreover, the salesperson should have known that these doors are not appropriate for small shower spaces or when the water source is somewhat close to the doors since they cannot do anything to the doors, such as use more caulking to prevent leakage.

Essentially, the salespeople at Century Shower are incentivized to sell the most expensive shower doors that they possibly can and they do not care if their products are inappropriate for the showers/baths that they are being placed into. Further, the company does not stand by its products and does not support its customers whatsoever. They sell defective products and will not replace them even when it is clear that they are defective or that the customers were given terrible advice by their salesperson. Please do not buy their shower doors; you will regret it.

Century Shower Doors Company Information