Consumer Complaints and Reviews
Contracted out with this company to transport a vehicle. The company was unable to locate a truck to transport the vehicle within a reasonable time period (5 days). They called asking for an additional 100 dollars after the contract was signed. After refusing to pay, I cancelled the contract and then received a bill for 100 dollars for cancelling. They never returned phone calls or emails once they had a signed contract. Most unprofessional on the phone. This company has an F rating from the Better Business Bureau, regrettably finding this out after they failed to keep their end of the contract.
Updated on Feb. 15, 2017: They have now charged my credit card $225.00 for a service they did not execute. I actually flew up to Buffalo, NY and drove 500 miles in mostly snow covered roads this past weekend to relocate my vehicle (Aston Martin) to its new home in King George, Va.
Get away from this company. If I can give this company a -10 star I would. This company is a ** ripoff. Trying to say that if I cancel I will be charge $200. They promised that they have a driver for pick up on the 23rd or the 24th is the latest. So I bought airfare for my parent on the to fly on the 25th. They never came to pickup, so I have to cancel the flight and end up losing the money that I paid for the airfare. Try to call them about 15 times but never get an answer. Save yourself some frustration and time. Stay away from this company.
Excellent company. Competitively priced, vehicle picked up in 12 hrs. after order placed, transport in good condition, driver knowledgeable and car delivered on time despite a snow storm. Company delivered another vehicle for me 2 Yrs. ago with same results.
I spoke With M. G. at this company on November 25, 2016. He assured me that his company had a driver and would pick up my vehicle by November 22, 2016. It turns out he had no driver and had posted my vehicle on some type of dispatch, hoping to find a shipper. He also assured me that my account would not be charge until they had picked up my vehicle. They didn't pick it up as promised and lied about ever saying they would. Then, after I canceled the shipment on November 23, I was told no charges would be made to my Credit Card. Now, on November 29th they have charged my card $200.00 and will only refund $100.00. Literally, Highway Robbery. I would not recommend doing business with this company.
I called on November 1, 2016 to get a price on moving a Volvo from Massachusetts to Alabama. I got a quote from Brian x ** of $600 and sign at contract with moving date anytime from November 14 til last day being 21. I called Brian on several occasions on the status of the move but couldn't give me exact date. As it gotten closer I kept calling. Got him but was told on another and will call me back but never did. I called again and again talked with a lady. Didn't return my call back.
Today I called again being it's 3 days out for the client has to catch a flight out. I was told, I believe her name was Emily, that they can't move the vehicle at that price. It was misquoted by them but will move it for $975. I asked to speak to her supervisor or manager but not available. I asked her to get in touch with one and have them to call me. The supervisor called me, was so rude... Basically she told me that they are not moving or taking responsibility for the moving of the vehicle at that price.
She told me I can cancel the order at no charge to me like she was doing me a favor for their error. I told her that for a family run business they are not caring about their customers service and don't have the skills to go align with it. In my opinion the company should have made it right with the customer for the price of the contract due to their own mistake and not tell me 3 days out. Very upset about this matter. You just don't treat people like this because they depend on you to make the transition easy.
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Auto Transport 123?
- 718,857 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I have attempted to work with Ross from Auto Transport 123 to no avail. From the first promised pick up some 7 days ago to the ongoing deceitful practices involving daily updates that never happened, conversations with a (phantom?) driver and the person who currently has my motorcycle and myself that were to take place multiple times but never did. The reason I initially chose this firm to transport the motorcycle was Ross' assurance that they utilize their own transports and staff, rather than putting the move out for bid and that they have a twice a week schedule between Denver area and Houston area - all of which I have found to be false.
For these reasons, I provided them with a heads up that any and all transactions and/or agreements between us are now null and void and sent a certified letter to their offices which should arrive Monday, which is the 10th day following the first alluded to pick-up which never happened. Insofar as no pick up has ever been reserved at this point, nor my card charged, I cancelled said card, informed the current custodian of the motorcycle that it is not to be released, notified the BBB (who already had over 100 complaints on file) and will be filing complaints with DOT & FMCSA as time permits.
AT 123 are LIARS! Big sales pitch. They were nice on the phone, no problem with scheduling a pick up and drop off, BUT then, the day after the last day they were suppose to pick up my car (3 day window), they so, OH NO, it can't be picked up until the day before I had to have it at the destination! Which takes 3-4 days to get there. They didn't even post a dispatch for the car to get a driver! LIE LIE. No customer service either. You can only talk to a know nothing receptionist that says there is no one to speak to and that's all that can be done. Don't care that it totally messes you up. They just want to take your deposit.
DO NOT trust this company! They are not committed to the level of work ethics that one expects from a reliable business, and they would easily lie to you to get your business. I was moving from the East Coast to the West Coast, and I needed to ship my car before my flight to the destination, because I didn't have a safe and free-of-charge parking space there anymore, I didn't want to ask someone else to take care of it after I left, and I badly needed my car at the destination. I contacted several companies a week before my departure for quotes and some of the more honest ones warned me that they might not be able to find drivers before the 4th of July weekend because of obvious reasons.
The Auto Transport 123 agent (Sherry **) assured me that she would find a driver because they have a huge network and have been in business for 35 years with top reviews on **. She promised she would contact me on Friday evening or Saturday morning. This was all before getting me to sign the contract, after which she "disappeared!" The business was closed on the weekend, though she made me think she'd nevertheless call me, and she never did. I left her 3 voicemails that day and never heard back... I had to leave the car behind and fly regardless, resulting in significant additional cost and inconvenience.
I received a call a week after moving to the West Coast from the driver subcontractor, telling me that they scheduled for the next week for pick up without asking me beforehand. I told him what I had told Sherry in the voicemails - that I consider the contract cancelled because of false promises on the broker company's part. A few days later, I saw a $200 charge on my credit card without a notice from the company. The agent (Sherry **) had told me that the credit card will never be charged and after shipping is delivered, I would pay the driver with cash, check, etc.
I was not aware at the time of contract, but AT 123 is a broker company that hires a vehicle transportation company to transport cars. I thought they transported the vehicles but learned they contract this service out. Although the contract gives them coverage from expected dates of delivery and expenses incurred by the customer for additional expenses caused by late deliveries, the arrival time was represented as achievable. To my extreme disappointment, the vehicle was delivered three days later than discussed, even when it was picked up by the transporting company (A1 Transport in Maywood, CA) eleven (11) days earlier.
My main complaint was I had no leverage to obtain the vehicle earlier. AT123 said there was nothing they could do, which demonstrated that once they received their money upfront, they were going to do little to rectify the problem. It took numerous phone calls by me and emotional pleas for help to get AT123 to pressure A1 Transport to do anything. This is what happens when one hires a broker vs the transport company directly. This should be communicated clearly to the consumer. As a side note, I learned that A1 Transport let the vehicle sit for days due to a driver not being able to be obtained.
I called Auto Transport for a "quote" on shipping my car. The next thing I know, is there is a $100.00 transaction from my account that I did not authorize. I contacted Auto Transport and they explained to me that this was a cancellation fee. A cancellation fee for a quote? I disputed the transaction and my money was returned. A few days later there was another unauthorized transaction from Auto Transport 123 for $295.00. The salesperson Matt is very pushy and dishonest. I used this company previously to ship my car and they have my card number on file. They practice making unauthorized transactions and stealing money. I have not yet resolved this issue and they have not communicated with me regarding this matter.
I asked for top shelf spot for vehicle. Salesman said no problem, it will be $150 extra for the guarantee. I paid it, it was added to the contract I signed. They used Bulldog Trucking to move my vehicle. They had no record of the top shelf, and said they could not accommodate that. No answer when calling Auto Transport 123 customer service, and they had charged my card anyways. Due to time constraint I accepted bottom shelf position and was going to request reimbursed by the Broker.
After 2 days, got ahold of customer service. Extremely rude, kept putting me on hold without asking and transferring me to someone else who didn't know my situation. I had to explain it to at least 6 people. Told them it was on the contract for top shelf. They said they don't guarantee, that the fee I paid was for a potential top spot. I forwarded the order sheet that Bulldog Trucking had, showing they did NOT request the top spot for me. They would not grant me the $150 refund. I was going to dispute the charge with my credit card... but I'm sure they would of taken me to collections. Too far and too much hassle to do small claims court. This is the business that Auto Transport 123 does. They count on you not following up with discrepancies.
Lauren FixAuto & Finance Contributing Editor
Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.
More about Lauren→
Auto Transport 123 is a vehicle transport company that offers door-to-door service for those who want to move their vehicles from place to place. The company has headquarters in both Rockville Centre, NY, and Boynton Beach, FL.
- Help when needed: Auto Transport 123 has 24-hour customer service, so you can reach someone at the company with concerns or questions no matter what time of day or night it is.
- Autos, and beyond: The company does not just transport cars - it also has the capacity to move classic and vintage cars, jet skis, yachts, motorhomes, ATVs and machinery, making it a convenient choice no matter what vehicle you own.
- Overseas shipping: If you're looking for a company that will ship somewhere farther than the contiguous United States, Auto Transport 123 can ship internationally - even to islands!
- Door-to-door service: The company will come to your front door to pick up the vehicle, making it a convenient choice for anyone looking to move a vehicle.
- Enclosed or open: Vehicle owners can choose to ship their vehicles on an open or enclosed truck, making the service suitable for customers with different preferences and budgets.
- Best for Families that are moving, vintage car collectors and boat owners.
Question and Answers - Auto Transport 123
What problem is Auto Transport 123 trying to solve?
- The problem our customers face – which we aim to resolve – is how to move their vehicle(s) from one location to another, without actually driving it themselves. We offer a variety of options on how to move the vehicle depending on the customers’ needs.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
- There are many things that set us apart but it all boils down to managing our customers expectations. Many transport companies lead customers to believe everything will go off without a hitch and don't prepare customers for issues that commonly occur in the trucking industry. We take extra time to ensure our customers fully understand what goes into having their vehicle transported and explain how we can keep things moving smoothly even when we’re faced with some of the common issues that could arise.
What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- Auto Transport 123 services fulfill the need to relocate your car, and we do it better by moving our customers cars faster and more efficiently than our competitors – all at a guaranteed rate.
How does Auto Transport 123 measure success?
- We measure success by the number of customers who say they had a positive experience shipping their vehicles with us.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
- In this industry, if someone says something to you over the phone or writes it in an email, they don’t always live up to it. This is an unregulated industry and the majority of our competitors use deceitful and duplicitous tactics to get business in the first place. The most common misconception about Auto Transport 123 is that we offer the same service as other brokers, when in reality we take a completely different approach to earning the customers business and trust, and we actually complete the job.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- The growth of the public's reliance on the internet for information has vastly changed the landscape of the industry and has opened the door for an over saturation of auto transport brokers. This has helped lead to the contentious, deceitful nature the industry has unfortunately become known for in recent years.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about Auto Transport 123?
- We are the only Auto Transport Broker who provides a full, legally-binding contract in which the price is guaranteed in writing. No other company will guarantee a price in writing. So many customers get taken advantage of because they make a verbal agreement with a sales representative and don't know they need to get everything in writing.
How has your company grown or evolved?
- When the company was founded in 2010 there were approximately five people employed by the company – all working from our New York office. We now have two more offices; one in Las Vegas and one in Washington state, along with various satellite workers operating from the comfort of their own homes. We now employ over 50 people, making us one of the largest auto transport brokers in the country.
Compare Auto Transporters
Auto Transport 123 Company Profile
- Company Name:
- Auto Transport 123
- United States