Auto Transport 123

Compare Auto Transporters

Research top Auto Transporters recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Please beware of this company. Hands down the most inefficient business I have ever worked with. Although this has 1 star, I give this company 0 out of 5 stars. I made the mistake of ignoring all of these other very low ratings because I spoke to a sales agent there, and she seemed very nice, claimed she had been working there for 10-12 years and appeared very knowledgeable.

I was shipping a car from Puerto Rico, and other shipping companies provided a long list of diligences to be completed prior shipping. This information was not provided by Auto Transport 123, and after asking repeatedly about the requirements, I was told that the other lists provided by the other companies must be the requirements of those specific companies, but was not needed here. As such, I moved forward with executing the agreement given how much less complex the process appeared to be.

For the next few days, I had a few calls and emails with the sales agent where I inquired about what the actual requirements from them for shipping were. After being told repeatedly that only the letter from the bank authorizing shipping was required, I was finally transferred over to a customer service agent named Casey for further information. Casey then proceeded to email me the EXACT SAME LIST of requirements that all other companies had sent. This was after my many requests for information, not automatic after booking. Given the time that had passed before I received this information, there was no possible way to get everything done in only a few days. Additionally, they never provided any information regarding when the shipment was leaving, or when I needed to deliver the car to get it on the next ship. Apparently, Casey is the only person in the entire company that knows anything about shipping requirements.

I sent her follow up questions to the obscure list she provided, and received no response for days. Finally, I called and a guy answered (the nicest, most helpful person at this place), told me she was on vacation and tried to help answer my questions. So basically, I booked a reservation, and no one thought it was necessary to provide (1) Date of shipping; (2) Date of drop-off; and (3) Requirements for shipping. I've literally had to be chasing down answers with this place.

Finally, I came to an agreement with the sales agent (in writing by email, which is a binding agreement by law), that if I was going to sell my car, I would be able to cancel the reservation without receiving a cancellation fee. I called the sales agent to cancel, and spoke to Casey (ironically since I had been trying to reach for the last few days, but she had not answered my emails or returned my calls). She asked me to send her the aforementioned email, which I did. I was on hold for approximately 10 minutes in this ordeal as she looked for who sent me the email, although I had already told her it was the sales agent. I told her that I didn't understand what difference it made who sent me the email, if the email was sent from auto transport 123, and also complained to her about the horrible service I received.

Rather than being the least bit apologetic, she thought it was appropriate to raise her voice at me, be extremely rude and nasty, and tell me that the difference is that if she cancels it, she will charge me the $400, regardless of the email. I literally had to hang up on this woman because she was so obnoxious and disgusting. Additionally, she had the nerve to point out a mistake that THEIR AGENT made (further exhibiting their inefficiency) and state that although the email said I had until Monday, August 22nd, Monday was in fact the 21st. She told me on this call that the sales agent would be contacting me about this. However, IMMEDIATELY after this conversation, SHE CHARGED MY CARD. So unprofessional and petty.

I will be charging this fee back and/or suing them in small claims court to recover the amount, given the fact that I have an email in writing from them stating that they would not charge me. Any company that values their customers and reputation would never respond in that way to customer feedback, or charge a customer after one of their own agents made an agreement with a customer. Long story short -- DO NOT SHIP WITH THEM. They are inefficient, unprofessional, rude, and will agree to things in order to get you registered, but then push back on complying with those things. This will be a waste of your time, money and effort.

The last thing one needs when moving is extra stress. I did so much research before choosing a auto transport for my cross country, according to Eric who I spoke with when booking, it seemed like an easy process. The day of the scheduled pick up (which in fact - Eric talked me into doing this date), I called and was told the car is schedule to pick up 2 days later. Really, I am will be on a plane that day, I have documentation where I have the agreed scheduled date of 8/8 which is today. I am super upset and the person I spoke to on the phone, was very condescending rather than empathetic. I am not sure how these people can sleep at night knowing that they are a cause of some major stress just by lying to you all along. Please do not use this company when transporting your car.

My car was transported from N.J. To Olympia, WA. Car was delivered with damage to the roof. Car was filthy and damage could not be seen until it was taken to car wash. I called 15 times for information on claiming damage. Got the run around. Would not return calls. They now tell me after a month of calling that I cannot put in a claim since I signed that the car was delivered. Roof of car has dent and scratches. I paid extra to have it on the top of carrier, it was on the bottom. $400 more and they didn't refund me for that either after not transporting on top of carrier. Car was in perfect condition when they picked it up, now I will have to pay to have it fixed. They are rude, nasty workers and they lie terribly to get your business. They are sweet when you call and offer you anything you want to feel your car is safe. Beware. If anything happens you will not get what you pay for if you have damage done to your vehicle.

I was charged $200.00 by AUTO TRANSPORT 123 to list my car on the transport board. They told me they had a truck headed to the city where my car was and that it would be picked up that afternoon. They have high pressure sales people who press you to sign their contract. After my car was not picked up I cancelled only a few hours later and they still charged my account. Shame on these thieves for stealing from so many people. Adrien ** was the crooked salesman who stole money from a senior citizen. NEVER, NEVER FALL FOR THEIR HIGH PRESSURE SALES PITCHES.

I spoke to the sweetest person on the phone. She told our company has no hitting fees and we don't charge until we send the car. Also they your car is insured from the time we pick it up until we drop it off. She hang up the phone then she charge 250$ and when the driver showed up he want to charge 100$ cash in order for him to pick up the car.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Auto Transport 123?

I talked to Branden about transporting a car from Michigan to Florida. I told him to check with the company before processing to be sure that the arrangements have not been made by the seller. He assured me that he would, but did not. Instead refused to take calls and charge me a $250.00 fee. I called repeatedly to solve this problem. He flat out lied about calling the company and finding out if the car was already picked up. This all happened before a driver could be assigned. No reason to charge. A company does not have clauses like this unless they intend to be dishonest.

I have shipped 3 vehicles to Hawaii from Kansas using Auto Transport 123. Each shipment was a hassle-free experience; the quote for shipping was the actual final price and all three vehicle were delivered within two weeks. The process was easy and I would not hesitate to use them again for shipping vehicles.

I spoke to Brian **, got a quote for 2 vehicles going to Hawaii within 4 months. l was planning on driving it to the port so no interim transportation needed. I receive a competitive quote and was told that since it's way in the future there would be no problem if I needed to move or cancel. I called back within 3 hours to cancel due to an unforeseen family situation. Brian became argumentative and said he's trying to save me a cancellation fee. He said I can move it.

I wanted to cancel especially now that I was seeing that this was a shady company. I told him that I'm seeing red flags. "If you're going to take 225 for a service that you didn't perform and the cancellation call was only 3 hrs after booking then why would I want to use you in the future? And if I wait till the 4 month dispatch day to change it then what are you going to charge me?" He waived all fees and transferred me to Jessica. I gave Jessica the situation and she said "Brian lied" and they are charging me the cancellation fee. She was very rude so I asked to speak to her manager Janine but surprisingly I got disconnected. BTW as soon as I canceled with Brian, my credit card got charged. They probably did it as I was talking to them.

I called back a day later and couldn't get Brian but I got Regina who transferred me to Kasey. Kasey said I was lucky they weren't charging me 400.00. She said to provide paperwork from Brian saying he waived all charges. (I asked Brian and Mark, at the time of cancellation, for that but neither will even give me a cancellation form). I asked "how can I make your employees do their job. Maybe you can ask them for it". I asked her if they taped conversations? She said "for training purposes". "Well this is a great training session, pull up our conversation and you can hear Brian telling me exactly what I'm telling you". She reiterated for "training purposes only". That was a no.

I have mailed them my official cancellation per their policy and am now trying to recoup my money another way. Sorry this is so long, I tried to condense it. After this incident, I went online looking up the reviews of this company and seriously, I have NEVER seen any company with such bad reviews. I'm surprised they are still in business.

I'm looking to ship my family van across states from CA to FL so I'm pulling estimates and quotes. Within minutes, I'm getting bombarded with calls and emails. One of which is Auto Transport 123. At first, the rep, Sam, seems to offer much information, which I was very appreciated. Then comes the price, and the pressure to sign the contract is on. I declined saying that his price is higher than others. Sam became defensive and bad mouthing other carriers. At this time, I politely asked that he not to call me again. He hung up. After a few minutes researching this company on the social media site, glad that I refused their service.

Contracted out with this company to transport a vehicle. The company was unable to locate a truck to transport the vehicle within a reasonable time period (5 days). They called asking for an additional 100 dollars after the contract was signed. After refusing to pay, I cancelled the contract and then received a bill for 100 dollars for cancelling. They never returned phone calls or emails once they had a signed contract. Most unprofessional on the phone. This company has an F rating from the Better Business Bureau, regrettably finding this out after they failed to keep their end of the contract.

Updated on Feb. 15, 2017: They have now charged my credit card $225.00 for a service they did not execute. I actually flew up to Buffalo, NY and drove 500 miles in mostly snow covered roads this past weekend to relocate my vehicle (Aston Martin) to its new home in King George, Va.

Get away from this company. If I can give this company a -10 star I would. This company is a ** ripoff. Trying to say that if I cancel I will be charge $200. They promised that they have a driver for pick up on the 23rd or the 24th is the latest. So I bought airfare for my parent on the to fly on the 25th. They never came to pickup, so I have to cancel the flight and end up losing the money that I paid for the airfare. Try to call them about 15 times but never get an answer. Save yourself some frustration and time. Stay away from this company.

Excellent company. Competitively priced, vehicle picked up in 12 hrs. after order placed, transport in good condition, driver knowledgeable and car delivered on time despite a snow storm. Company delivered another vehicle for me 2 Yrs. ago with same results.

I spoke With M. G. at this company on November 25, 2016. He assured me that his company had a driver and would pick up my vehicle by November 22, 2016. It turns out he had no driver and had posted my vehicle on some type of dispatch, hoping to find a shipper. He also assured me that my account would not be charge until they had picked up my vehicle. They didn't pick it up as promised and lied about ever saying they would. Then, after I canceled the shipment on November 23, I was told no charges would be made to my Credit Card. Now, on November 29th they have charged my card $200.00 and will only refund $100.00. Literally, Highway Robbery. I would not recommend doing business with this company.

I called on November 1, 2016 to get a price on moving a Volvo from Massachusetts to Alabama. I got a quote from Brian x ** of $600 and sign at contract with moving date anytime from November 14 til last day being 21. I called Brian on several occasions on the status of the move but couldn't give me exact date. As it gotten closer I kept calling. Got him but was told on another and will call me back but never did. I called again and again talked with a lady. Didn't return my call back.

Today I called again being it's 3 days out for the client has to catch a flight out. I was told, I believe her name was Emily, that they can't move the vehicle at that price. It was misquoted by them but will move it for $975. I asked to speak to her supervisor or manager but not available. I asked her to get in touch with one and have them to call me. The supervisor called me, was so rude... Basically she told me that they are not moving or taking responsibility for the moving of the vehicle at that price.

She told me I can cancel the order at no charge to me like she was doing me a favor for their error. I told her that for a family run business they are not caring about their customers service and don't have the skills to go align with it. In my opinion the company should have made it right with the customer for the price of the contract due to their own mistake and not tell me 3 days out. Very upset about this matter. You just don't treat people like this because they depend on you to make the transition easy.

I have attempted to work with Ross from Auto Transport 123 to no avail. From the first promised pick up some 7 days ago to the ongoing deceitful practices involving daily updates that never happened, conversations with a (phantom?) driver and the person who currently has my motorcycle and myself that were to take place multiple times but never did. The reason I initially chose this firm to transport the motorcycle was Ross' assurance that they utilize their own transports and staff, rather than putting the move out for bid and that they have a twice a week schedule between Denver area and Houston area - all of which I have found to be false.

For these reasons, I provided them with a heads up that any and all transactions and/or agreements between us are now null and void and sent a certified letter to their offices which should arrive Monday, which is the 10th day following the first alluded to pick-up which never happened. Insofar as no pick up has ever been reserved at this point, nor my card charged, I cancelled said card, informed the current custodian of the motorcycle that it is not to be released, notified the BBB (who already had over 100 complaints on file) and will be filing complaints with DOT & FMCSA as time permits.

AT 123 are LIARS! Big sales pitch. They were nice on the phone, no problem with scheduling a pick up and drop off, BUT then, the day after the last day they were suppose to pick up my car (3 day window), they so, OH NO, it can't be picked up until the day before I had to have it at the destination! Which takes 3-4 days to get there. They didn't even post a dispatch for the car to get a driver! LIE LIE. No customer service either. You can only talk to a know nothing receptionist that says there is no one to speak to and that's all that can be done. Don't care that it totally messes you up. They just want to take your deposit.

DO NOT trust this company! They are not committed to the level of work ethics that one expects from a reliable business, and they would easily lie to you to get your business. I was moving from the East Coast to the West Coast, and I needed to ship my car before my flight to the destination, because I didn't have a safe and free-of-charge parking space there anymore, I didn't want to ask someone else to take care of it after I left, and I badly needed my car at the destination. I contacted several companies a week before my departure for quotes and some of the more honest ones warned me that they might not be able to find drivers before the 4th of July weekend because of obvious reasons.

The Auto Transport 123 agent (Sherry **) assured me that she would find a driver because they have a huge network and have been in business for 35 years with top reviews on **. She promised she would contact me on Friday evening or Saturday morning. This was all before getting me to sign the contract, after which she "disappeared!" The business was closed on the weekend, though she made me think she'd nevertheless call me, and she never did. I left her 3 voicemails that day and never heard back... I had to leave the car behind and fly regardless, resulting in significant additional cost and inconvenience.

I received a call a week after moving to the West Coast from the driver subcontractor, telling me that they scheduled for the next week for pick up without asking me beforehand. I told him what I had told Sherry in the voicemails - that I consider the contract cancelled because of false promises on the broker company's part. A few days later, I saw a $200 charge on my credit card without a notice from the company. The agent (Sherry **) had told me that the credit card will never be charged and after shipping is delivered, I would pay the driver with cash, check, etc.

I was not aware at the time of contract, but AT 123 is a broker company that hires a vehicle transportation company to transport cars. I thought they transported the vehicles but learned they contract this service out. Although the contract gives them coverage from expected dates of delivery and expenses incurred by the customer for additional expenses caused by late deliveries, the arrival time was represented as achievable. To my extreme disappointment, the vehicle was delivered three days later than discussed, even when it was picked up by the transporting company (A1 Transport in Maywood, CA) eleven (11) days earlier.

My main complaint was I had no leverage to obtain the vehicle earlier. AT123 said there was nothing they could do, which demonstrated that once they received their money upfront, they were going to do little to rectify the problem. It took numerous phone calls by me and emotional pleas for help to get AT123 to pressure A1 Transport to do anything. This is what happens when one hires a broker vs the transport company directly. This should be communicated clearly to the consumer. As a side note, I learned that A1 Transport let the vehicle sit for days due to a driver not being able to be obtained.

I called Auto Transport for a "quote" on shipping my car. The next thing I know, is there is a $100.00 transaction from my account that I did not authorize. I contacted Auto Transport and they explained to me that this was a cancellation fee. A cancellation fee for a quote? I disputed the transaction and my money was returned. A few days later there was another unauthorized transaction from Auto Transport 123 for $295.00. The salesperson Matt is very pushy and dishonest. I used this company previously to ship my car and they have my card number on file. They practice making unauthorized transactions and stealing money. I have not yet resolved this issue and they have not communicated with me regarding this matter.

I asked for top shelf spot for vehicle. Salesman said no problem, it will be $150 extra for the guarantee. I paid it, it was added to the contract I signed. They used Bulldog Trucking to move my vehicle. They had no record of the top shelf, and said they could not accommodate that. No answer when calling Auto Transport 123 customer service, and they had charged my card anyways. Due to time constraint I accepted bottom shelf position and was going to request reimbursed by the Broker.

After 2 days, got ahold of customer service. Extremely rude, kept putting me on hold without asking and transferring me to someone else who didn't know my situation. I had to explain it to at least 6 people. Told them it was on the contract for top shelf. They said they don't guarantee, that the fee I paid was for a potential top spot. I forwarded the order sheet that Bulldog Trucking had, showing they did NOT request the top spot for me. They would not grant me the $150 refund. I was going to dispute the charge with my credit card... but I'm sure they would of taken me to collections. Too far and too much hassle to do small claims court. This is the business that Auto Transport 123 does. They count on you not following up with discrepancies.

Expert Review

Lauren FixAuto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.    More about Lauren→

Auto Transport 123 is a vehicle transport company that offers door-to-door service for those who want to move their vehicles from place to place. The company has headquarters in both Rockville Centre, NY, and Boynton Beach, FL.

• Help when needed: Auto Transport 123 has 24-hour customer service, so you can reach someone at the company with concerns or questions no matter what time of day or night it is.
  • Autos, and beyond: The company does not just transport cars - it also has the capacity to move classic and vintage cars, jet skis, yachts, motorhomes, ATVs and machinery, making it a convenient choice no matter what vehicle you own.
  • Overseas shipping: If you're looking for a company that will ship somewhere farther than the contiguous United States, Auto Transport 123 can ship internationally - even to islands!
  • Door-to-door service: The company will come to your front door to pick up the vehicle, making it a convenient choice for anyone looking to move a vehicle.
  • Enclosed or open: Vehicle owners can choose to ship their vehicles on an open or enclosed truck, making the service suitable for customers with different preferences and budgets.
  • Best for Families that are moving, vintage car collectors and boat owners.

Question and Answers - Auto Transport 123

What problem is Auto Transport 123 trying to solve?

The problem our customers face – which we aim to resolve – is how to move their vehicle(s) from one location to another, without actually driving it themselves. We offer a variety of options on how to move the vehicle depending on the customers’ needs.

What sets your company apart from the competition?

There are many things that set us apart but it all boils down to managing our customers expectations. Many transport companies lead customers to believe everything will go off without a hitch and don't prepare customers for issues that commonly occur in the trucking industry. We take extra time to ensure our customers fully understand what goes into having their vehicle transported and explain how we can keep things moving smoothly even when we’re faced with some of the common issues that could arise.

What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Auto Transport 123 services fulfill the need to relocate your car, and we do it better by moving our customers cars faster and more efficiently than our competitors – all at a guaranteed rate.

How does Auto Transport 123 measure success?

We measure success by the number of customers who say they had a positive experience shipping their vehicles with us.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?

In this industry, if someone says something to you over the phone or writes it in an email, they don’t always live up to it. This is an unregulated industry and the majority of our competitors use deceitful and duplicitous tactics to get business in the first place. The most common misconception about Auto Transport 123 is that we offer the same service as other brokers, when in reality we take a completely different approach to earning the customers business and trust, and we actually complete the job.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

The growth of the public's reliance on the internet for information has vastly changed the landscape of the industry and has opened the door for an over saturation of auto transport brokers. This has helped lead to the contentious, deceitful nature the industry has unfortunately become known for in recent years.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Auto Transport 123?

We are the only Auto Transport Broker who provides a full, legally-binding contract in which the price is guaranteed in writing. No other company will guarantee a price in writing. So many customers get taken advantage of because they make a verbal agreement with a sales representative and don't know they need to get everything in writing.

How has your company grown or evolved?

When the company was founded in 2010 there were approximately five people employed by the company – all working from our New York office. We now have two more offices; one in Las Vegas and one in Washington state, along with various satellite workers operating from the comfort of their own homes. We now employ over 50 people, making us one of the largest auto transport brokers in the country.

Compare Auto Transporters