1.28/5
Based on 46 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for an auto transporter?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

46 Auto Transport 123 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I am in the process of moving from California back to Illinois and researched over 20 auto transport companies before I selected Auto Transport 123. My main reason for choosing them over everyone else is because I was advised that I would access to their online GPS system to track my car during the entire process, which I was not offered with any other company. My sales agent was Amber ** who was initially very helpful while trying to secure my order. After receiving my initial quote, she advised me to check out their reviews on the website ** which I could also research other auto transport companies as well before making my final decision.

I explained in great detail that I would be flying out of Fresno, CA on the morning of 12/15/18 so it was imperative that my car was picked up no later than 12/14/18 however the earlier the better, so we arranged a pickup time frame of 12/12 thru 12/14/18. Now keep in mind, I confirmed my order with a signed contract on 12/3/18 to avoid any delay. I was promised by Amber that I would be able to transport additional personal items up to 200 pounds and that I would be assigned a driver by 12/10/18, which initially put my mind at ease that I made the right decision in going with them.

My contracted price was 875.00 upon delivery plus a 225.00 reservation or booking book for total cost of 1100.00 which they matched to another 5 star rated company based on the website **. My problems began on Tuesday 12/11/18 when I started to contact Amber ** in regards to my driver, I left several messages in which I received no return calls, so I eventually contacted their dispatch center and spoke with Anna who advised me that they were simply waiting on my driver to sign the contact and I would be sent an email with his contact information. For 3 days straight, I was given that bogus excuse with no return calls from any representative of the company.

Finally, on 12/12/18, I decided to Google other websites for reviews and was amazingly shocked at all of the negative reviews about this scam of a company. They have a "F" rating with the BBB and most complaints from customers were for charges on their credit card for services never performed. I immediately started calling other reputable auto transport companies on today (12/13/18) and was also told that my order with Auto Transport 123 came up on their dashboard and that my cash on delivery quote was actually 1205.00 and NOT the 875.00 as stated in my contract which is why NO driver would pick up my route because of their horrible reputation and unethical business practices. Basically Auto transport 123 low balled the amount to the driver to make a larger profit for themselves and no driver would accept my order.

The employee of the company that I decided to go with also sent to me via email a screenshot of the dashboard information so I could have in the event that Auto Transport tried to charge me a cancellation fee once I cancelled the order. I politely sent Auto Transport 123 an email as well as called their dispatch center to cancel my order and also blocked my credit card to prevent any charges from being sent thru. Please beware and DO NOT USE this company for ANY auto transport needs. They are definitely scam artists and can not deliver what they promise during their initial sales quote. The customer service is HORRIBLE and I would NOT recommend them for any business needs!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Auto Transport 123 is scamming and lying to their customers. Do not give them credit card information, they will promise you nothing will be charged without your authorization, but they are liars. After 6 attempts of calling in and trying to speak to a supervisor I am still waiting for a callback. This company is scamming people and stealing people’s money, do not fall in their trap and do business with them.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Transporters delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Booked an auto transport from NJ to Florida. The driver called me to confirm the date. No one ever came. No one ever replies to phones. No one in the company knows exactly what's going on. My husband had to drive the car. Do yourself a favor and do not work with them. They are brokers and cannot guarantee anything. Also, they can't even provide insurance. Horrible experience.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I was told that AT123 had their own trucks and they would be able to pick up my vehicle on the exact day that I requested. This turned out to be untrue. I eventually had to cancel my original reservation. Once I rescheduled and my vehicle was picked up and delivered the Driver's assistant/interpreter refused to deliver my vehicle to my location. Long story short I had to get dropped off 20 minutes away to pick up my vehicle. I called and complained. They explained that they were basically a booking service and did not have their own trucks. I requested a refund and was told they would call me back. Very frustrating. This never happened and therefore I felt like I needed to write this review to warn future customers of Auto Transport 123. Never again!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Was inquiring about auto transport services from Robins Air Force Base Georgia to Los Angeles Air Force Base California and spoke to Dana. Due to a recent issue with Montway and that company not fulfilling their pickup/delivery (booked 3 weeks prior my departure and they could not find a driver supposedly), she made false promises to assist us and find transport for us. Given the short time we needed it completed by, she explained that she would definitely find a driver and if it was not possible that no deposit charges would be incurred even though it states it in the contract they draw up. We kept trying to contact her to find out status and suspiciously was never available or returned messages. Ended up that no driver was ever contracted to do the pickup/delivery so we had to hire a friend to drive the car instead.

After reviewing my credit card accounts, I of course found the charge that shouldn't have been there. I attempted to contact the company's accounting department to dispute the charge and request a refund of the transaction and all I got was yelling at me, talking over me, making it impossible to get any communication to refund the $100. For a company of this size with a pretty sizeable profit margin, they were adamant not to refund the money. I requested to speak to a supervisor and was told there is no supervisor to speak to. I asked to speak to someone else, was told that she was the only one. How devious is all this given the magnitude of what this company does? They make sure to frustrate you enough that you give up and just leave. I hung up on her while she continued yelling at me and contacted my credit card company to dispute the charge.

All this occurred due to the booking representative promising one thing and the accounting department not fulfilling that promise. WORD TO THE WISE: this company and all the other auto transport companies work together in providing a service. Your name and request goes onto a networked board where all the companies will see you and then a bidding process takes place of who will take it and what they will charge. In addition, the quote you receive up front is not the actual price, there are additional charges that the driver themselves will apply and the overall cost will increase. If you decide to cancel, that will also be noted on the board and you now will become a leper to all the companies and in turn they will not assist you in any way, you'll be ignored and pushed off until you find alternative methods.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Auto Transport 123?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Was promised the world and was treated wonderful when I called for a quote. Their quote was higher than others. Irene bad mouthed other companies saying they promise you the world and then make up excuses when it's time to deliver. Well the deadline pickup day came and they called saying their driver got sick and went to the hospital. I know someone in the trucking industry (unfortunately he doesn't transport autos). He had a resource and found out that they never had a driver. They offer drivers the lowest amount in the industry and then the drivers don't choose to take their order or they are such poor service providers those drivers don't meet any deadlines. They make you submit an e-signature and credit card at time of booking. The contract was not available online to read before signing. When they called and said "their" driver went to hospital and they were looking for another driver I canceled my order.

Irene who was "an owner" who was sweet as pie on Sunday was rude as could be today. She kept transferring me to other people. I finally got a man who said he canceled my order. I asked for an email confirmation. He said he had to talk to a manager to get permission to send an email and there were no managers there. Wait a minute, Irene an "owner" just transferred my call to you, isn't she a manager? He hung up on me. I immediately called my credit card company and they charged me $100 one minute prior. THEN AND ONLY THEN was I able to open the contract link. It read they will bill you $100 if for any reason they can't meet their agreement, for things beyond their control. They can control lying. They NEVER HAD A DRIVER because they chose to ask drivers to work for little money so they can make a bigger profit. It's impossible to access the contract they make you esign before you sign!!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Shipping car from AZ to IA. Having never shipped a car before I was totally in the dark. Not having a Credit Card to accomplish this made it somewhat difficult. Susan directed me to Jennifer, she made this transaction go smooth.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I started to research a company that could transport a vehicle from IA to CA since I just got a new job. I've had previous history with this company and have not had an issue. This time the customer service was absolutely horrible and they forged my e-signature. It started by getting a quote for 2 cars because I didn't think my new company would pay for relocation of vehicles. I got in contact with Jason, who is the owner's son (or so he says), go over the details of the contract. While still on the phone with him he is asserting that if I don't sign the documents then I don't get locked in to that rate, he used high pressure sales tactics over the phone to get my signature, which at the time I didn't care for since I thought I would be going this route.

I signed a contract on Aug 17th with verbal promise from Jason that I can cancel up to 10 days prior. I don't see this as an issue as the initial pickup was Sep 10th-14th for the window. I call them back Aug 28th after finding out the company I will be working with does pay for transport and ask to cancel. Jason happens to be out this week and I speak with Casey **. She states the agreement and fine print states 10 BUSINESS days prior and I was not in that window. Alright well that sucks. I'll eat the $100 cancellation fee per vehicle. That fee can be used at a later time as stated in the contract if needed. Still not terribly upset.

Things get interesting when I then I call back when Jason is in (week of 9/3-9/7) and get a hold of Jason who tells me he will call me back due to being absent the last week. Only problem is that I don't get a call back that week. I call again 9/10 and get through to Jason. I explain I would like to use the $200 fee towards another transport, this vehicle doesn't run and it would cost more except I have that credit. I get told over the phone that it would $1095 for transport Oct 1-5th window. Works for me, unfortunately I can't sign it at home and said we would be in contact the following day.

I was not able to reach out to Jason at work, but what happened next is not something that any stand up moral company would do. I received an email at 2:37 pm central time with the document to sign for this new contract. Jason did say he was going to reach out with that tomorrow. 7 minutes later I received another email stating the contract was approved with my signature.

I never gave any consent, and honestly was not able as I was in a meeting for that hour. I have called them today, 9/13/2018, to cancel that fictitious contract that I still have yet to see the details of. This is one of the shadiest, underhanded things I've ever seen any company do. All Jason could say is that he thought we were all good and he tried to reach out to me (which he did, I got a voicemail that day but it was too late to call them back). I honestly think this is a violation of my rights and would never recommend this company for anything ever again.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

My car was picked up in Missouri on Aug 28th to be delivered per driver to California on Aug 30th. It is now September 7th and I do not have my car. I am told my car is on a broken transport truck in Colorado. I have called Auto Transport 123 many times since Aug 30th with only one return call on Sept 6th from Michelle who said she was a supervisor. Michelle yelled at me and hung up on me because I sent the company an email through the transport BBB. I called her back 3 hours later and was told she would look into it. I asked her why she was so rude and she said, "this is the way I talk". I was told by transport company that they did not have a delivery date because they were getting a new truck or trailer to the location in Colorado. I was told by Auto Transport 123 that I would get delivery on Sept 5th but when I called the transport mechanic he said he was not expected to reach my vehicle in Colorado until Aug 7th.

I called Auto Transport 123 to find out why they told me my delivery was Sept 5th when the mechanic told me he would not be back in Colorado until Sept 7th and they could not give me a reason for giving me a Sept 5th delivery date. I was told by Auto Transport that my delivery is now Sept 10 or 11 which is 14 days since my car was picked up. Auto Transport 123 is a transport broker company and only cares about getting you to sign a contract. David the salesperson reassured me that I could call him at extension ** anytime during the process but I have called him many times and left messages for him to call me but he has never returned my calls. This has been a very stressful experience.

Updated on 09/14/2018: My car was delivered on Sept 12, 2018 after 15 days in transport from Missouri to California. The process lacked communication and was very stressful but the carrier, Auto Transport Kentucky discounted $100 upon delivery and compensation from Auto Transport 123 is pending. I want a full refund -$100 and payment for my rental car for 11 days. Auto Transport 123 is working with me to resolve the compensation issue.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

This is the worst company to do business with. These guys are crooks, they took my $275.00 deposit and did not show up on two agreed pickup dates. I had to use another company and when I asked for a refund of my deposit they blatantly told me no. Salesperson Anthony is a fraud. He guaranteed me that my car would have been picked up on the dates we agreed on and when I called him he put my call on indefinite hold. Manager/Supervisor Michelle was very arrogant and disrespectful when I contacted her about my concerns. A Company like this should not be in business because they lack decency, honesty and reliability which explains their two star ratings. No one should do business with such a company.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Towing my car. Run as fast as you can from this lying company. They use a tactic to rush you into signing a contract and never tell you it will 10 or more days before they pick up your car!!! Bare face lie and never return your calls. They send you a text that say be patient every few days. Never did get my car! Called another company, and he got my car in one day!!! Martha is a rude evil liar! No conscience at all.

Original review: July 16, 2018

See their reply and how they will charge you, none of the agencies will charge you until they assign a driver and you cancel, but prior to assigning the driver no one supposed to charge any amount. If we do not receive a response within 24 hours, we will have no choice but to send this to our collection agency for the full balance of $**.

Original review: June 30, 2018

So, if I do not wait a month from them to find me a truck to ship my cars I have to pay them a forfeit fee? Am I the newest (???) individual of many others suffering the fraudulent practices of this "family owned" cunning, shameless, piece of... business. Rather than cry out on the shoulders of this website and explain the kind of grievances this company has rendered me (take your pick, the stories of what they do/done to other human beings is plentiful and right to the point) I am more interested in finding a permanent way to stop this abhorrent type of abuse.

I am reaching out to the moderators of this website and to the many, immensely frustrated customers who trusted (under a false promise) a service would be performed and when those customers realize it was all a scam and decide to take their business somewhere else due to the urgency of the service find themselves hit with a cancellation fee for a service they most likely did not intend to render. In my case, after almost two weeks of all kinds of bull I decided enough was enough and went somewhere else, so I put a block on the credit card, and lo and behold, I receive a call from Janine (at this point I do not even believe they use their real names) which was the very first time in almost two weeks someone on their end called, and said they had "secured" a carrier and were ready to pick up my vehicles but to confirm pick up they needed $400.00 deposit and could not get due to the blockage I put on the card.

I replied to her of my intent to cancel for non performance and that in order to give them any money I needed the name of the carrier, their phone number and a copy of their commercial liability and cargo dec. page and physical proof the vehicles were loaded in the truck. She did not provide me with any of the info I requested, just hanged up. I cancel via email and never heard from them again until I saw a charge on my credit card for $400.00 (I removed the blockage 3 days after I cancel with them) from Auto Transport 123. So, there you have it folks! Auto transport 123 "way to do business" in a nutshell. As I described in my cancellation to them, they are in the collections business instead of the auto transport business and because of that they have to go. Let us work together to stop them. No one needs this type of callous predators whose true business is to collect by deception to be out there harming other human beings.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Exact same story here as the last 4 reviews left on this page. This company will provide a low price offer at a "Guaranteed" rate, but they then fail to provide service in a timely manner leaving you in a situation where your cars have not been Picked up, and you have to find another company. The salesperson won't have anything to do with you once you've signed the contract. Tried contacting Anthony ** multiple times and my calls were ignored. Yet, if I called from another number, he'd pick right up. Meaning that he's only interested in making that next sale, and not concerned with the others he's already made.

They will then charge you a fee for cancellation of service even though they provided no services whatsoever. I froze the credit card they had on file, and it's good that I did, because before calling me and trying to resolve anything, the tried to charge my card. Because I did so I then receive the following threatening email... Note the part that says they will turn you into collections for the full amount of shipment...

"Please reply to this email as your acknowledgment upon canceling as follows: I am requesting to cancel my reservation with Auto Transport 123. I understand a one-time cancellation fee of $250.00 per vehicle will be assessed and is deemed non-refundable per the contract I had signed with Auto Transport 123. This $250.00 cancellation fee will be used towards any future transport you’d wish to use, along with family or friends. If we do not receive a response within 24 hours, we will have no choice but to send this to our collection agency for the full balance of 2450." I was contacted by Janine with their customer service group to try to get this resolved and for them to retain my business. I could not get out of paying a fee, but I did manage to negotiate the fee to be less than they originally charged. So this company got $150 dollars from me for doing nothing other than causing angst and stress.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I signed a contract to move my car to Texas and I was pressured to sign contract and provide and was told I can cancel my contract 24 hour before 2nd July. Now I wanted to cancel the contract and I have received call from owner's son Jason that if I don't pay $100 as cancellation fees they will file lien against my car and repossess it as well. I wish I knew about these scamsters and read their reviews earlier. Please stay away from them.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Run from this company. Avoid at all costs. Do not use this shipping broker. It's a scam. I have been waiting for the truck to come for 5 days now. No show... No one will answer the phone and no one responds. I am in the process right now to get my money back!!!

Original review: June 10, 2018

Auto Transport 123 broke the contract I had with them, then they charged my credit card $275 even though they did not provide the contracted services. My story is long and painful. Just read the many other negative reviews on this company and beware please. Also, stay clear of a website called Transport Reviews. Lying, cheating, and stealing is a common practice. I have cases filed with government agencies to hopefully stop what's going on. You may verify the truth by checking this company out on the BBB, Consumer Affairs, and Yelp.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I signed a contract with Auto Transport 123. They guaranteed me my car would be picked up on 3/24/18. They never picked my car up, I had to fly out to Illinois for my job transfer. Three weeks later they sent me a email and told me they had a driver, at that time I told them that they didn't provide the service and I would fly home and drive the car back myself. They said ok but charged my card $135 dollars. I called customer service about the issue and they refunded the money back to my card.

About 10 mins later they charged my card 250 dollars. I called customer service and they informed me they took the money in case I decided to use them again they would deduct that amount, I told them I would never use them, and I wanted my money back. After 4 emails back and forth and 5 phone calls with their customer service department. And of course the manager never calls. I contacted my bank and got them to take my ACH back. Auto Transport 123 Crime doesn't pay.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Be very very very careful before you hire this crooks!!! First if you to talk to Tony ext. ** worthless piece of dustpan, he's the QUEEN OF LIARS never return calls for updates. LIARS. LIARS. LIARS. Finally I got to talk to Casey **. The intelligent manager of the company, she got a GED and said she's a very intelligent person that nobody can't argue with her (excuse me forgot she supposed to work for me). Thinks she's a very smart intelligent moron, she told me over the phone that she is getting a truck driver asap before the 17, today is the 21th & No truck yet.

They never showed up to pick up my vehicle when they supposed to pick it up, the excuse was the truck broke and it will take 5 days to get it fix. I asked why they didn't call me? They said that truck broke down and they will be at my door by the 16-17. Never showed up but they charged my credit card that whole amount with a service I never got. Today is May 21 & my car still not pick up, call them never returned my calls, ok!! Call the National Transportation hotline the Federal Trade Commission and Consumer Affairs complaints with this transport Carrie company. Complained about this crooks activities and they told me since they are on the loop and have many complaints before with other customers.

They told me to follow up with my credit card company with fraudulent charges and they give me a claim number to provide to my credit card company because by law they are not allow to charge any type of money unless I been advised, nothing but LIES and they will never returned calls unless they need more information about your credit card. Be very very careful, I hired another company. My car is picked up within 8 hrs. And they only charged my credit card port authority cost. The rest upon delivery of my vehicle, we can't make business with MONEY HUNGRY ** that LIES to the working class people. Beware people of Auto Transport 123. They will try to rob you! Especially with Casey the very intelligent of all LIARS.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Called on 24 April, 2018 to arrange transport from Florida to GA. Spoke with Ross **, who claims to be one of the family who owns the company. Told him car had to be picked up 8 or 9 May and delivered no earlier than 11 May. Told him we were moving and he assured us that this schedule was fine. Charge would be $495, which was in line with others. Liked that this was family owned company. Polite, courteous and he agreed with dates. Sent the signed contract to him, per his request.

Called him on 7 May since I heard nothing. He told me that he was talking with driver shortly and would get back with me in a few hours. Well, 27 hours went by with no call. His voicemail box was full. Called customer "service" to speak with Ally. She was rude, and must have put the phone down for 20 minutes while claiming to contact Ross. Told her to have him call me, which he didn't do with pickup info.

Called another carrier who told me that Auto Transport 123 was only paying the driver $300 (out of the $495 I was charged) and that my car was at the bottom of the pickup list for drivers due to the amount offered by AT123! Called Ross back and told him to take me off the board so I could use someone else. Of course, had to leave a message. Never called with any info or assistance. Totally dishonest and promised something weeks in advance and then wouldn't respond when asked. Staff rude and unhelpful. Total waste of time. If they couldn't fulfill the commitment, they should have been honest enough to tell me way in advance.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I reserved a truck to haul my car back from Scottsdale about 45 days before needed. My pick up date was on a Thursday. On the contract, there was NO range of dates just the Thursday pick up. On Monday of that week, I called my salesman Sam to be sure I was on the schedule. He assured me there was no problem and I would hear from the driver next. Wed prior, I hadn't heard from driver so I called again. Sam tried to give me some BS that there is a range for the pick up starting from that Thursday. Not very reassuring since I had a flight scheduled out the following Wed. But he claimed there was no problem and they were working on it.

I called both Thursday and Friday afternoons and got the same runaround. Now I was really getting stressed out as they are closed on the weekends and they had only Monday and Tuesday left to pick up my car. Not hearing from the driver over the weekend, I called another company who was ready to pick up Tuesday night. I called and cancelled 123. Completely stressed out.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Great news :)! Your carrier has been assigned! Estimated Load Date 04/15/2018. Estimated Delivery 04/17/2018. DRD Motorsports Inc => Cocoa Beach, FL DRD Motorsports Inc David ** or **. After the first delivery date in March couldn't be met the second driver communicated by phone that he would be late because of the weather. I was OK with that. He later updated me that he had driven all night long and need sleep to continue. The next communication was that he would deliver my Motorcycle by about 10 AM the next day so I didn't need to hang around and wait all day. I was OK with that. What follows is actual copies of text messages from the driver.

DRIVER: I am on my way south. I have to make one stop in Jupiter and then I will be to you. Then time @ 900 AM unloading time about 3/4 hour and drive from Jupiter to Boca at least 1 hour. MY RESPONSE: For sure you won't be here by 10 AM, maybe 12 or one and I have to be out of here at 1 o'clock. NOW READ THIS! Keep your nasty New York attitude to yourself. There's no guarantees on delivery times. I have more work that I have contracted that requires me to pick it up before I get to you. $275 doesn't even come close to covering my bills. Try saying thank you for the update. I immediately called dispatch and recalled my conversation (TEXT) to them.

The driver then called me back and talked down to me like I've never experienced before to include "you can take your $275 and wipe your ass with it". and much more followed. I was rattled by all of this and went to the Chief of Security in my gated community and explained the situation and that I was dealing with a psycho and needed help to witness the delivery. He sent two armed guards to my house when the truck came through the gates. To say the least, this company will never get another dime from me!

Original review: April 3, 2018

This company will promise you the lowest prices and on time delivery when transporting your vehicle. They will try to lock you in a contract so if you decide to cancel they will bill you for $175 cancellation fee. The issue that I had was that I needed my vehicle to be picked up and delivered to Florida by a certain date. AT123 Auto Transport subcontracted to a guy name Luis. My vehicle was suppose to be pickup on a Friday to arrive on a Monday. Never picked up, never got a call. I called and spoke with Nika and Luis and they gave me the runaround. They both kept telling me they will call me back and never did.

I had to continue calling explaining myself again. Luis tells me the wrong truck was sent to pick up my car and that they won't be able to pick up my car as scheduled. AT123 every time I called said, “We will contact the dispatcher to see what happen.” Luis stop answering my calls, I had to call from a different number to get him to pick up. I had to find another reliable company to pick up my car before I boarded a plane to Florida and had to rent a car for several days because AT123 failed to keep their promise on delivering my vehicle by a set date. My first mistake was not googling AT123 Auto Transport and reading about how they took other people's money and provided such bad service.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Avoid this company at all costs. This vehicle tells you that they are not a broker and that they have their own personal drivers. This is not the case. Further these people will tell you that they ensure that their drivers all carry proper insurance coverage should your vehicle be damaged in the process. Again, this is not the case! They are nothing more than scammers operating under the guise that they are better and different from the other companies. This is true. They run the very best scam!

These people were hired to transport two vehicles from different locations to the same destination. I was told numerous times that both vehicles were picked up and on their way to the final destination. This was not true and I incurred storage fees because the vehicles were not picked up. When the one of the vehicles was finally picked up and delivered the driver would not give me the vehicle until I provided him either cash or a check. Despite me Paying Auto Transport 123 in full using my credit card and incurring an additional fee of 3% for paying by credit card I had to pay the driver in order to get my vehicle. I made numerous calls and sent numerous emails to the company trying to get a refund yet the company ignored my calls. I had to call the credit card company and dispute the charges.

After the experience I had with the first vehicle and being called by the yard where the second vehicle was still not picked up after more than 8 days after hiring AutoTransport 123 I notified them both in writing and via telephone that I was terminating my contract for the transportation of the second vehicle and not to touch this vehicle. Imagine my surprise when 24 hrs later I am notified by the new company I hired that the vehicle was missing and was illegally picked up by a carrier hired by Auto Transport 123! I called AT123 and demanded that they return the vehicle to the yard, advised them that the vehicle was unlawfully in their possession, and I would be filing charges or theft.

I was asked for them let them make it up to me and let the transportation continue. I declined. They called to tell me that they were in touch with the driver and that the driver was more than halfway to my chosen destination. When the vehicle arrived it was smashed up with multiple dents all around the vehicle. The windshield was cracked in half and the tires were flattened. When I notified AT123 of the problem and asked them for the driver's insurance they were unable to do so. I asked, "How are you unable to do so? After all these are your drivers and you verify that all insurance records are verified as part of your written contract." Needless to say despite numerous calls and letters and now filing a lawsuit AT123 refuses to take responsibility for their fraudulent actions!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Yesterday on Nov 28th, 2017 I made a reservation to get two cars picked up from NH to be shipped to TX. Pickup date would be Jan 31st, 2018 and dropped off guaranteed (yeah okay) February 5th, 2018. Sales guy Jeremy ** and the owner's son Ross both tell customers that there are no fees for canceling 72 hours before the pickup day. (Jeremy said that) No fees for canceling 24 hours before pickup day. (Owner's son Ross said that.) So this morning, after reading all the bad reviews on YELP, BBB and Here I realized my mistake. So I called first thing my credit card company to LOCK it. Just so in case Auto Transport 123 does charge it without my consent... Hey guess what they did! They tried and it was declined! Thanks Capital One for your great customer service and integrity!

I then called customer service, this girl Jeanine told me there is a cancellation fee and Jeremy should have told me. I said, "He did tell me there were none!" So she said I should call him and get the issue taken care of. WOW. Called Jeremy, he answers. I tell him, he tells me to call him back in 20 min. We play phone tag and he stops answering and at this point I have gotten my issue resolved yet. No cancellation confirmed and I get an illegal charge on my credit card. I am upset, I called up their inquiry line, pretending to make an inquiry to see if another agent of theirs would lie to me about the cancellation fee nonexistence. Guess what? I get the owner's son Ross on the phone as the current sales rep. He mentions it twice with pride and give me a speech about how great his dad's company is and been in business for 30 some years... Wow.

Finally I asked him about the cancellation fee and he tells the same thing as Jeremy, "There is not cancellation fee, don't worry we're not like that", and then he says as long as I call them to cancel 24 hours before the pickup day. Now I just confirmed that I am being lied again. So I tell him the reason of my call, and explain to him I was charged and I was told by Jeremy his sales guy that there were no cancellation fees if called before 72 hours (in this case I called 3 months before pick up day). Now he explains, "Oh it's a case by case thing" on and on... Blah blah blah. He hangs up on me. In the meantime I already just posted a review on Transport Reviews dot com... It went live.

I get a call from this lady Michelle. Another customer service who is insisting for some reason that I haven't spoken earlier to an employee named Jeanine... Which exist, and how could have I made up some random name. Anyways, she insist I spoke to someone else, but not Jeanine. She says she will try to resolve my issue, which is to send me a confirmation email stating that I shouldn't and will not be charged any fees and this reservation was canceled. In return, she wants to send me a link to the posted review I made on Transport Reviews dot come to permanently delete it. I said, "No because I want people to know the truth and I would gladly put an update that my issue was resolved but still want people to read it". She said, "No", that she did me all this favor to help me so I in return would have to delete the review I wrote...

HEY MICHELLE thanks so much for your GREAT FAVOR... I am being sarcastic... You charged me illegally, without my consent, your owner's son and your sales guy lied to me about the cancellation fee nonexistent and you are asking me to delete my honest review on your company dishonesty and no integrity... NO. No thanks. Here let me give you an update as any honest reviewer should. Auto Transport 123 has sent me my email stating that my reservation was canceled and that I will no longer be charge of any kind of fees, this issue RESOLVED (11-29-17). You haven't yet given me a good reason on why I was charged without my consent earlier, issue NOT RESOLVED. I will update to everyone here reading in February 2018 if my card will be charged again without my consent! Hey, don't believe me, I am just some stranger... Read for yourself on BBB, YELP and here! BE AWARE!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I recently accepted a job promotion that is relocating me from Hollywood FL, to Orange County CA. I need to ship two cars; my 2017 Subaru WRX and my Fiancée's 2016 Lexus NX 200T. The order process went well with Martha. She seemed genuine and was a really good salesperson. She promised me that they are the #1 rated transport company in the United States and that they have 100% online tracking, so I would be able to track my car 24/7. Not to mention on their website they promise 7-10 days shipping.

In addition to all of this Martha insisted that our cars would arrive earlier than 7 days. Well our cars were picked up on October 24th and it is now November 5 and still no cars. I have reached out to the carrier and driver more than 20 times and have been lied to about where our cars are. At one point I called and asked where our cars were and they told me they were in Arizona. Then called a day later and they are in Houston. Apparently the driver broke down. At this point I plan on disputing all charges and have never been so frustrated. This company is fraud and promises the world and they can’t even follow up and give a paying customer a courtesy call. If you care about your cars don’t even think about using this company.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Please beware of this company. Hands down the most inefficient business I have ever worked with. Although this has 1 star, I give this company 0 out of 5 stars. I made the mistake of ignoring all of these other very low ratings because I spoke to a sales agent there, and she seemed very nice, claimed she had been working there for 10-12 years and appeared very knowledgeable.

I was shipping a car from Puerto Rico, and other shipping companies provided a long list of diligences to be completed prior shipping. This information was not provided by Auto Transport 123, and after asking repeatedly about the requirements, I was told that the other lists provided by the other companies must be the requirements of those specific companies, but was not needed here. As such, I moved forward with executing the agreement given how much less complex the process appeared to be.

For the next few days, I had a few calls and emails with the sales agent where I inquired about what the actual requirements from them for shipping were. After being told repeatedly that only the letter from the bank authorizing shipping was required, I was finally transferred over to a customer service agent named Casey for further information. Casey then proceeded to email me the EXACT SAME LIST of requirements that all other companies had sent. This was after my many requests for information, not automatic after booking. Given the time that had passed before I received this information, there was no possible way to get everything done in only a few days. Additionally, they never provided any information regarding when the shipment was leaving, or when I needed to deliver the car to get it on the next ship. Apparently, Casey is the only person in the entire company that knows anything about shipping requirements.

I sent her follow up questions to the obscure list she provided, and received no response for days. Finally, I called and a guy answered (the nicest, most helpful person at this place), told me she was on vacation and tried to help answer my questions. So basically, I booked a reservation, and no one thought it was necessary to provide (1) Date of shipping; (2) Date of drop-off; and (3) Requirements for shipping. I've literally had to be chasing down answers with this place.

Finally, I came to an agreement with the sales agent (in writing by email, which is a binding agreement by law), that if I was going to sell my car, I would be able to cancel the reservation without receiving a cancellation fee. I called the sales agent to cancel, and spoke to Casey (ironically since I had been trying to reach for the last few days, but she had not answered my emails or returned my calls). She asked me to send her the aforementioned email, which I did. I was on hold for approximately 10 minutes in this ordeal as she looked for who sent me the email, although I had already told her it was the sales agent. I told her that I didn't understand what difference it made who sent me the email, if the email was sent from auto transport 123, and also complained to her about the horrible service I received.

Rather than being the least bit apologetic, she thought it was appropriate to raise her voice at me, be extremely rude and nasty, and tell me that the difference is that if she cancels it, she will charge me the $400, regardless of the email. I literally had to hang up on this woman because she was so obnoxious and disgusting. Additionally, she had the nerve to point out a mistake that THEIR AGENT made (further exhibiting their inefficiency) and state that although the email said I had until Monday, August 22nd, Monday was in fact the 21st. She told me on this call that the sales agent would be contacting me about this. However, IMMEDIATELY after this conversation, SHE CHARGED MY CARD. So unprofessional and petty.

I will be charging this fee back and/or suing them in small claims court to recover the amount, given the fact that I have an email in writing from them stating that they would not charge me. Any company that values their customers and reputation would never respond in that way to customer feedback, or charge a customer after one of their own agents made an agreement with a customer. Long story short -- DO NOT SHIP WITH THEM. They are inefficient, unprofessional, rude, and will agree to things in order to get you registered, but then push back on complying with those things. This will be a waste of your time, money and effort.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

The last thing one needs when moving is extra stress. I did so much research before choosing a auto transport for my cross country, according to Eric who I spoke with when booking, it seemed like an easy process. The day of the scheduled pick up (which in fact - Eric talked me into doing this date), I called and was told the car is schedule to pick up 2 days later. Really, I am will be on a plane that day, I have documentation where I have the agreed scheduled date of 8/8 which is today. I am super upset and the person I spoke to on the phone, was very condescending rather than empathetic. I am not sure how these people can sleep at night knowing that they are a cause of some major stress just by lying to you all along. Please do not use this company when transporting your car.

Original review: July 20, 2017

My car was transported from N.J. To Olympia, WA. Car was delivered with damage to the roof. Car was filthy and damage could not be seen until it was taken to car wash. I called 15 times for information on claiming damage. Got the run around. Would not return calls. They now tell me after a month of calling that I cannot put in a claim since I signed that the car was delivered. Roof of car has dent and scratches. I paid extra to have it on the top of carrier, it was on the bottom. $400 more and they didn't refund me for that either after not transporting on top of carrier. Car was in perfect condition when they picked it up, now I will have to pay to have it fixed. They are rude, nasty workers and they lie terribly to get your business. They are sweet when you call and offer you anything you want to feel your car is safe. Beware. If anything happens you will not get what you pay for if you have damage done to your vehicle.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I was charged $200.00 by AUTO TRANSPORT 123 to list my car on the transport board. They told me they had a truck headed to the city where my car was and that it would be picked up that afternoon. They have high pressure sales people who press you to sign their contract. After my car was not picked up I cancelled only a few hours later and they still charged my account. Shame on these thieves for stealing from so many people. Adrien ** was the crooked salesman who stole money from a senior citizen. NEVER, NEVER FALL FOR THEIR HIGH PRESSURE SALES PITCHES.

Auto Transport 123 expert review by Lauren Fix

Auto Transport 123 is a vehicle transport company that offers door-to-door service for those who want to move their vehicles from place to place. The company has headquarters in both Rockville Centre, NY, and Boynton Beach, FL.

• Help when needed: Auto Transport 123 has 24-hour customer service, so you can reach someone at the company with concerns or questions no matter what time of day or night it is.

• Autos, and beyond: The company does not just transport cars - it also has the capacity to move classic and vintage cars, jet skis, yachts, motorhomes, ATVs and machinery, making it a convenient choice no matter what vehicle you own.

• Overseas shipping: If you're looking for a company that will ship somewhere farther than the contiguous United States, Auto Transport 123 can ship internationally - even to islands!

• Door-to-door service: The company will come to your front door to pick up the vehicle, making it a convenient choice for anyone looking to move a vehicle.

• Enclosed or open: Vehicle owners can choose to ship their vehicles on an open or enclosed truck, making the service suitable for customers with different preferences and budgets.

• Best for: Families that are moving, vintage car collectors and boat owners.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
    Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Auto Transport 123 questions and answers

What problem is Auto Transport 123 trying to solve?
    The problem our customers face – which we aim to resolve – is how to move their vehicle(s) from one location to another, without actually driving it themselves. We offer a variety of options on how to move the vehicle depending on the customers’ needs.
    What sets your company apart from the competition?
    There are many things that set us apart but it all boils down to managing our customers expectations. Many transport companies lead customers to believe everything will go off without a hitch and don't prepare customers for issues that commonly occur in the trucking industry. We take extra time to ensure our customers fully understand what goes into having their vehicle transported and explain how we can keep things moving smoothly even when we’re faced with some of the common issues that could arise.
    What needs do your services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    Auto Transport 123 services fulfill the need to relocate your car, and we do it better by moving our customers cars faster and more efficiently than our competitors – all at a guaranteed rate.
    How does Auto Transport 123 measure success?
    We measure success by the number of customers who say they had a positive experience shipping their vehicles with us.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
    In this industry, if someone says something to you over the phone or writes it in an email, they don’t always live up to it. This is an unregulated industry and the majority of our competitors use deceitful and duplicitous tactics to get business in the first place. The most common misconception about Auto Transport 123 is that we offer the same service as other brokers, when in reality we take a completely different approach to earning the customers business and trust, and we actually complete the job.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    The growth of the public's reliance on the internet for information has vastly changed the landscape of the industry and has opened the door for an over saturation of auto transport brokers. This has helped lead to the contentious, deceitful nature the industry has unfortunately become known for in recent years.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Auto Transport 123?
    We are the only Auto Transport Broker who provides a full, legally-binding contract in which the price is guaranteed in writing. No other company will guarantee a price in writing. So many customers get taken advantage of because they make a verbal agreement with a sales representative and don't know they need to get everything in writing.
    How has your company grown or evolved?
    When the company was founded in 2010 there were approximately five people employed by the company – all working from our New York office. We now have two more offices; one in Las Vegas and one in Washington state, along with various satellite workers operating from the comfort of their own homes. We now employ over 50 people, making us one of the largest auto transport brokers in the country.

Auto Transport 123 Company Information