4.1/5 (487 ratings)

About ADT

ADT provides home security and alarm systems with features like entry sensors, motion detection, smoke alarms and leak detectors to help ensure your home, family and belongings are protected from intruders and environmental disasters. The company offers professionally installed systems available with top-of-the-line equipment for intrusion detection, video monitoring and smart-home automation.

Pros

• Variety of products
  • Reliable service
  • Smart-home connectivity
  • Six-month money-back guarantee

Cons

• Limited video capabilities
  • Installation cost

Bottom Line

ADT offers customized alarm and security systems with smart-home automation features and 24/7 monitoring. With ADT Pulse, the system can be connected to Amazon Alexa and your smart-home devices.

ADT Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ADT?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

We found ADT to be very professional in the presentation. We found them to be very thorough. The person that was here who did the demonstration was very professional and answered all of our questions. We know about ADT's reputation, which is pretty solid. We have friends who have ADT and have been very happy. We were very impressed with the technician that came out to install the system. He knew what he was talking about and he knew how to do it. We had a second guy come out about four months ago to upgrade part of the system and again, he was very professional. He knew what he was supposed to do. I was very pleased. My wife had some reservations about putting in a security system initially, thinking that it would be difficult to use, and our ADT system is very easy to use.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

We recently sold our house and purchased a new house. James is such an awesome employee of ADT you guys should really value and appreciate him because I definitely do. He was our Installer for the old hose and also our installer for our new house and he bring along Mike. They both did a phenomenal job very informative and very dedicated. We had some technical difficulties but they stuck with it to make sure that we had every service and protection possible they both are very pleasant, very hospitable, very knowledgeable about the services and products. They both definitely know what they’re doing. I am grateful for the service, the Intel, the protection and for the thorough installation:)

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

This is my second time with ADT. I got really furious with them and refused to take them back. I got them back. The sales rep was very courteous, very caring, and really concerned that I was so unhappy with their company and tried to make it right. He was very nice, very explanatory, and explained step-by-step what the services do. He did not overprice and explained to me the features that I could get added to my services and what the price will be and how each of them works. He gave me the lowdown. He was like, "We're gonna make it up to you." I'm very happy now with the service. I have the fire alarm, the burglar alarm, and I have the ring. The system is pretty good. I love the doorbell and the ring door. I would recommend ADT now.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

ADT's customer service has always been good. They've always been reliable. The system lets me know my home is secure.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

I live in the country and there are no neighbors near me. I was robbed in broad daylight while I was teaching school. When an ADT salesman came and said, “Would you pay $1 a day to not ever have this happen to you again,” that made perfect sense to me. It's more than $1 a day now, but I've had ADT ever since. I've been robbed twice. The third time that happened, my alarm went off and it scared the robbers off. They left their hammer that they broke the doors with laying there.

I've had ADT for so many years. I'm a firm believer in ADT and I would not go without it ever. When you're living on a farm, no doubt, you gotta have it. We have a radar detector and a smoke detector, and I appreciate both of those items. My husband goes to Vegas every year for March Madness so he's gone for about five days. I'm not really afraid to be home alone, but I love being able to set my alarm to stay. If anybody were to try to come through the door, my alarm would go off. My son and daughter-in-law have ADT as well and they use the app on their phone. I don't always remember their code and if my son knows I'm running into his house, he just turns the alarm off from his phone.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

I like the safety features of the ADT system. It's easy to use and the quality is wonderful. Their customer service is very easy to deal with. It takes one call.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

I have been hung up on 4 times while trying to reach ADT to inform them that there were no sensors installed on any of my windows in my home. The security system was installed on the front door and garage only! When I called to inform them I was put on hold for 67 minutes! Then hung up on! I had to RESEARCH how to cancel the service. I wrote a letter requesting cancellation on the 21st of NOV. only to be given the run around by a guy named DONOVAN M. who refused to cancel my services. He put each step for cancellation in 3 different emails! First my full name password and security name/# then I had to hand write a letter with my signature and resubmit everything I submitted only to be told that the services would not be cancelled until 12/1! I want all of my money back because my house has NOT been secured the whole entire time of service! I have records of each call! Do NOT use ADT! They are not a customer friendly service!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

I've been with ADT a long time and I'm very pleased with them. They've been very nice to me.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

Wish to cancel our ADT service, it was installed on Feb. 07, 2022. Service technicians have been over to our home to fix the non-working system on May 16 2022, May 24, 2022, May 31, 2022, June 8, 2022, June 13, 2022 and Oct. 31, 2022. We do not have any more time off work to continue with the repairs that do not get resolved. We have invested time and money on the monitor system. The monitor in our home has 25 messages that stating most sensors as well as the two fire alarms are non-working. We don’t feel safe and protected. We have called numerous times to cancel and get disconnected each and every time. When they came in to remove their non-working equipment, they destroyed the painted walls in my home. Stay away from this company!

ADT response

Thank you for reaching out to us! We’re sorry to hear about this experience and we would like to further assist you in getting this resolved. Please reach out to us directly at Alwaysthere@adt.com. Please include the address/phone number to the account and a copy of your post.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I had a DEKCO alarm, but I got the runaround with that. It got where they wouldn't do any service. I spoke to my little brother that lives in Texas. He told me to go with ADT. That was what I did and I haven’t had any problem as of yet. I love ADT.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

I have been an ADT customer for more than 2 years and having such customer service is huge letdown. Background: I have service plan added to my account for no cost where ADT will not charge my account for tech visit. I was given a word by account manager that the tech visit will be of no charge on my account. Issue: I have recently started receiving sensor errors and unpleasant beeps. I called customer service to help me troubleshoot. They tried but they were not successful so I requested for technician visit to resolve and troubleshoot the issue.

The rep said it will a charge for the tech visit. I mentioned about the service plan and ADT account manager gave me a word on no charge tech visit. But ADT was not honoring their word and they said it will be $59 visit fee. Keeping the original issue of sensor error and unpleasant beeps I spent more than 5 hours to explain about the service plan and no tech visit fee. Both the issues are still not resolved. I feel I am cheated by ADT and I am super disappointed with ADT. Lesson learned: what you agree on please have it in writing from ADT rep. Do not rely on their word. They will say anything to make a sale.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

ADT is doing what it's supposed to do. They're monitoring my front windows. I'm satisfied with the service and the people I've spoken with.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

The ADT system is awesome. I upgraded not too long ago. I got the Google doorbell and a new panel. I'm happy with it. I can do it on my phone, and Google lets me know when there's a package in the front. I'll be moving, and I'm gonna call to get the equipment installed at my new address.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

ADT is the best company. A week ago, I called them. I usually have an automatic account payment with them. The debit card was expired. I gave them the new number to use for new account to collect the money every month. I also told about the two sensors that I have off but no one called me back. I can't set my alarm.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

Everything is good with ADT. The guy came out here once for the installation. He was a very knowledgeable man. It took about 10 minutes and it was done. ADT is a good system. I'd recommend it to everybody. I'd use them again.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

I like that with the new system, I can use the app for everything on my phone. That makes life a lot easier. However, to get to the right people, I have to spend hours on the phone and no one knows what's going on. So, they just keep passing me over to somebody else and somebody else. Other than that, everything is good.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

One phone call and it gets handed off once or twice. And a couple of times I've needed a technician, they've been here either later that day or the next day. They've been very professional and got the job done.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

The price seems reasonable. Have never thought about cutting it off because it's too expensive. So, it's okay.

ADT response

Thank you for the positive review and feedback!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

There was a lot of stuff that I wasn't informed about. A lot of things that the sales rep was telling me I didn't need. It was just for his purpose but not mine. I was roped into buying things that I didn't need until the guy got here and did the installation. The installer was a great guy.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

The gentleman who came to the house was wonderful and very nice. But I'm an older person and it's hard for me to sometimes grasp everything when they're talking. He said I could always call if I have any questions and ADT would help me out. I don't fully know how to use all the stuff and I'm gonna have to go over the book and see if there's anything. If not, I'm gonna have to call ADT to get the full value of what I have.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

We called in the first responder that comes out and then, we got a call from the technician. He did a very nice job though he was there a long time. It was all done on the same day so that was fantastic. It was nice because we were only home a short time since we’re back and forth to our cottage. The ADT system came with a standard package, except we added the doorbell cameras. I have since bought a new phone when I switched from an Android to an iPhone but I haven't figured out how to set the system up on my phone and I'm not sure where to go with that. The tech set it up for my husband on his phone but I missed that and he doesn't know how to do it on my phone. I can arm and disarm. But my husband can see if somebody walks by our house and I’d like that. My daughter lives next door, so she keeps an eye on the place too. But if they come over, then we know it’s them that’s trying to get in the house.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

About a week after the system was installed, the alarm went off in the middle of the night. I discovered that the sensor on the front door was peeling off. It was moving away from the magnet. It was disappointing. I contacted ADT and they sent me a glue kit. I glued it back on but I haven't followed through so it's still disabled. I would have expected somebody to follow up and make sure that I had that thing reset, though. Other than that, I love the features. It's beyond what I had before with a different company. I love that I can hear the audio.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

We chose ADT for the different things that they provide and they met our needs at a reasonable cost. Also, they were willing to install right away. Their reps were very helpful in explaining what was going on. There was one thing that I misunderstood, though. I thought we would have cameras at the end of the house and I believe that was told to me by another provider. I was sort of under the assumption that there was more coverage.

But other than that, we got many stamps that were put on the window, which indicated that it's covered by ADT. That is helpful in case someone comes up to a window and decides they're gonna try to take a chance to get through it. Also, every time someone comes up to the door, there's a little bang on my phone and it shows who it is. I can talk to them from wherever I am and I like that a lot. So far, the system has done exactly what they said it would do. We're very pleased with it and I feel much more secure.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

ADT walked me through it and the rep was professional, polite, and courteous. He's why I bought the system, which has been great. The cameras are wonderful. I like being able to arm and disarm it from my phone and it tells me when somebody's walking across my yard.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

The guy that was our sales rep was fantastic and very knowledgeable. He understood what we wanted and was also knowledgeable enough to make sure that we understood the newest and latest technology and options. Our install crew was also awesome. The system has been great so far but I'm having a little bit of a problem with the cameras. They don't catch everything that I would hope they would, but nothing that I'm overly concerned about. Other than that, I feel more secure having the system. I'm able to check my house and everything before I close down for the night. Somebody left the lights on my car the other night. I was checking my security and realized the lights in my car were on so it saved me from a dead battery.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

The guy who came out to install the ADT system was great. He was knowledgeable, professional, fast, thoughtful, responsive to my questions and concerns, and experienced. He was very efficient and got his stuff done.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

ADT gave me a good discount on the cameras and the whole security system. But my timers and a couple of other things are not working. The box hanging on my wall is not doing right. You open the front door and it'll say the back door is open. The system was doing a good job when it was functioning correctly but that didn't last a day or two. The sales reps were supposed to get somebody to come out here and check, it, but they haven't shown up yet. I would tell a friend to look somewhere else if they ask about ADT.

ADT response

Thank you for reaching out, Henry. We can help with your technical concerns. Please get in touch with our tech support team at 1 800 238 2727 so we can troubleshoot over the phone and schedule a tech visit if need-be. Thank you!

- Mazen

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

ADT was already installed in the house that I bought and they came out and put everything back together. The tech was a very good guy. I've been with ADT for a few months and they’ve done what I expected them to do.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

We haven't had ADT that long but we haven't had any issues and my sense of security is better. We can check on things while we're away and monitor. ADT is worth exploring.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

ADT is a big company and they're very reliable. We've had them for the past 25 years. So, we've renewed them here as well and we moved from Jersey. Their loyalty as a past customer has helped us out in making a decision whether to use them or not down here in Florida and they definitely gave us a lot of perks. We got a newer state-of-the-art equipment.

ADT Company Information