1.17/5
Based on 36 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

58 Panasonic Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

On July 29th. 2017 we purchased a Panasonic cordless steam iron NI-L800 (In Japan). Worked well for 15 months but one day in October 2018 the iron started smoking and had a burning smell. The tip of the iron became discolored, and the steam vent holes were also discolored - a burnt color. We immediately stopped using the iron. We checked warranty and it had expired – but still iron had only been used for 15 months. (Shouldn't an iron last longer than that?) Also felt that this could be a potential dangerous problem that should be properly checked.

We contacted Panasonic and a representative, Mr. ** of Panasonic Consumer Marketing Co. Ltd., came to pick up the iron for an inspection on September 19th. The iron was returned to us on 29th. October. We were told the burning smell was due to us using tainted water in the water chamber – like something sweet or syrupy and this was the reason for burning smell. Mr. ** also told us it would cost 13,000Yen to repair.

I was unsatisfied with this explanation as all we ever used in the steam chamber was water. I decided to open up the iron myself and have a look – the inside of the iron had a lot of dust suggesting that the inspection center had not even opened up the iron – also I found evidence of burnt plastic parts – very clearly and easy to see parts had burnt. I took photographs and they were forwarded to Mr. **. On 29th. October he phoned us to say he would check and see what kind of check/inspection the workshop had done. (He had already told us the iron would cost 13,000Yen to repair – so who gave him this information and what parts were to be replaced?)

On 5th. November he called back and basically was totally unapologetic for lack of care with the check that was supposed to have been carried out. He wanted to escape all responsibility and went round in circles trying to tell us what the problem was – this attitude really annoyed us – He didn't open the iron and see what we seen – burnt plastic body! I felt like he just wanted to make us look foolish, his explanation was totally unacceptable. He spoke a long time to my wife and I took the phone from her. It seems he wasn't answering any of her questions properly. I also finally hung up as was getting no reasonable explanations. I am surprised that a major and well known device maker has such a careless attitude to what could end up being a dangerous fire hazard. I am continuing to try and get this iron checked properly.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Panasonic do not understand the consumer law in Australia. I have an air conditioner that has stopped working 10 months out of warranty. Australian law clearly states a product should have a reasonable life expectancy even if out of warranty. My air conditioner won't hold gas so it does not work. Panasonic say, "Because no leak can be found we won't help as there is no problem." It does not work. No gas.

Get expert buying tips about Massage Chairs delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

A charger on my phone system no longer worked. Phone calls to customer service (minimum phone wait 30+ minutes). Follow up email letters ignored. No response. Note the bottom "be more specific" indicates too busy to listen. No more Panasonic for me.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Piece of crap landline with 5 handhelds. After 4 years I am throwing it away. I won't even give it to Goodwill. Let me start out - the very first day it got an error message that says "voicemail message from VCM" - whatever that is and because of this it blinks a very bright light at the top of the handset. SO LATE AT NIGHT THAT'S ALL I SEE - ALL NIGHT LONG!!! I can't find a way to get rid of it. I have Googled it and MANY people have commented the same thing. I am tired of it. NO MORE PANASONIC EVER EVER EVER.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Panasonic was always the best in telephone equipment. A little more pricey than other brands, but the quality was there. In the past 3 years I have purchased 3 NEW PANASONIC LANDLINE TELEPHONE SETS with 5 receivers. In every case within a matter of months one of the phones died. Then another. Then another. I paid for 5 phones. Have 2 left after 13 months and I am once again looking for new telephones. You can be sure it will not be Panasonic again. This is the end of Panasonic products of any kind for me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

This company sucks beyond comprehension. Most companies treat you like dirt after they get your money, but Panasonic does it before they ever get a penny of your money. I have questions about the Panasonic LX10. Went through hell to find their phone number and when I did they even posted they are having a 6 minute delay to be answered. Turned out to be 27 minutes to the technical department for answers. I now know why we sit on hold so long because their people have no knowledge or training.

I was then told they would get me to the sales department right away without delay. Instead I had to go through multiple menus only to be left on hold again. After 10 more minutes, I finally hung up. Guess I'll buy from a camera company who cares about assisting their customers. Imagine how terrible they'd be if I already bought the camera. Not only do they lose me but I advise many people on photography equipment ad Panasonic has lost me on the first test. You honestly are competing with the worst out there for the worst customer service yet.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Panasonic cordless telephone with answering machine, KX-TGF - I am having difficulty with my answering mechanism on the telephone - it is so garbled, and fades in and out, that it is absolutely worthless. Cannot make out one word of what is said on the voice mail. E-mailed Panasonic "customer service." Twice there was a screw-up on their end and I had to try a third time before I got through. And then it wasn't a tech but someone who would forward my message to a tech AFTER I went on to another part of the site to give them information so they could bill me $5.00. My telephone is less than six months old, this shouldn't happen. Also have trouble with volume - sometimes I can hear well on these phones, sometimes I can't. Will NEVER purchase this brand again. The quality is not like it was in the past, and why should I have to give my credit card information to them so they can bill me (and I don't trust them at all at this point).

Original review: July 23, 2018

I bought a Panasonic telephone, model number KX-TGF352CM, and I wished I hadn't. It's not a very user friendly phone to learn how to operate. It will not keep time, as it continually loses time. The screen and operating buttons do not light up unless you pick up the receiver. If the power goes out, you can't make a call. How do you call the power company to tell them your power is out if can't make the call. I'm glad we didn't throw out old phone away.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Recently purchased a Panasonic vacuum cleaner about 4 to 5 months ago. Already the bottom is no longer sucking up anything. I've cleaned it tried everything but it is broke. No way should the vacuum have already broke. Took it apart tried everything to get it back working and nothing worked. Want to see how I get treated from this message I'm leaving you. Hope to hear some good news very soon. It's not will recommend family and friends to stay away from Panasonic products, might not hurt you guys in the long run but you got to stand up when it's wrong.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I purchased two 4-packs of Panasonic Digital Power C batteries in 2014 and they are suppose to have a shelf life of 10 years. The batteries exploded and leaked chemicals out of its unopened new packaging and the other leaked into my flashlight and destroyed it. Panasonic disavow their battery warranty stating that they were manufactured in 2007 even though their package has sale by 2014 date. None of the other batteries, Energizer or Duracell have leaked chemicals from casing despite their expiration date. Panasonic is selling defective product that leak dangerous chemicals and damaged the product these batteries are used in and I would not trust any of their batteries. Customer service is poor and dismissive, buy at your own risk and don't expect support from the company.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Panasonic cordless KX-TGEA40 is a piece of crap. Has very distorted sound, conversation is sometimes inaudible. Phone drops calls all the time. Even after sitting on charger for 24 hours, I can spend 2 minutes on a call and it drops it. Putting it back on the charger, it starts charging again. Or, can't use it when it says 'line in use', when it isn't. This is the second Panasonic set. Says 'made in Malaysia'. No excuse. No quality control or any commitment to quality. Not buying anything Panasonic ever again. Note: And it's not a battery problem. The first Panasonic set we had for a few years and put up with the static until it got so bad it was hard to follow a conversation. We chalked that one up to 'designed obsolescence' and thought improvements might have been made. Guess we were dreaming.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

WARRANTY IS A SCAM! I bought from Amazon Canada then Panasonic refused to honor warranty pretending it wasn't an authorized seller. Horrible customer service. It was the latest model of their cordless phone and the most expensive model, but it broke after 13 months. Will never buy from Panasonic again.

Original review: July 31, 2017

Cordless Phone- I called their Customer Support 800#. Told that it would cost $9.95 just to talk to an agent. Tried their online chat. Agent didn't ask any questions about my issue. I gave a simple description about my greeting not being heard when a call comes in. Didn't ask what model. Or anything else. Said he email a solution. Poorly designed website. Poor customer service on the phone. My conclusion... They don't want to hear complaints or problems. Will never buy another Panasonic product.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I spent an hour trying unsuccessfully to find the answer to my issue (Cordless phone problem) under FAQ's then spoke to someone on live chat who was very unprofessional and didn't seem to have a grasp of the English language much less my problem which I repeated clearly. I then called Customer service (what a joke) and was told they would answer my question for $9.95 with no assurance of solving my problem. Put me down with the group of hundreds of thousands who will NEVER EVER purchase another Panasonic product or deal with these people again.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

We were given a Panasonic bread maker as a gift. This was amazing until it started to show faults. We used the same ingredients and followed the same instructions as always. Still we had faults. So we followed the guidelines within the booklet provided. Still no luck with a good loaf. We contacted Panasonic and they told us to take it to a testing centre. We did this and it came back to say all diagnostics were fine and we should have no problem (they haven't made a loaf of bread in it). So we try again with all fresh ingredients bought from a different store. Still no luck.

So we contact Panasonic again. We send off pictures of the failed loaf. They say "we will contact you within two working days." 12 days later I call them. Only to find we are being asked to complete the same process all over again and asked the same questions all over again!! Now we are at Christmas and they are closed. This is the worst customer service I have ever dealt with in all my years. They are simply not prepared to replace faulty equipment without fobbing you off weeks on end.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Slow Juicer MJ-L500. Bought in 26/6/2016. 1st round juice - a bit problem fibre got clog easily - need wash often. 2nd round can't juice properly - getting clog more often. 3rd round juice hardly can juice - need wash very often. Juicer get hot and switch off by itself. Sent in Panasonic customer care centre at Jalan 13/2 Petaling Jaya Malaysia on 30/11/16. Call on 2/12/16 juicer was already ready on 30/11/16 but no one call me. Nothing was done to the juicer. Went personally to the Care Centre demo to the supervisor and manager how it clog when juice ginger. After 5 tbs of 2nd round ginger fibre with water rotating brush can't rotate. Pulp spout totally clogged. While removing the juice attachment pieces of cracked black plastic dropped off.

The staff explanation this juicer not meant to juice ginger. They mentioned they will look into a replacement of another juicer more suitable for ginger or a full refund. I called them today, was told can't refund but can only replace the rotating broken spare parts. This juice website show a picture of ginger too for this juicer. Please advise - I need to juice 500g to 1 kg daily for my family. I can assure it does not work and break into piece after several times. I only use this juicer 3 times and I need to send to customer care centre. I am not happy with this juicer because when I purchase this product I did make very clear I only want to juice ginger.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Purchased a new phone unit to go with the 3 I had in April. Phone broke and sent it back on July 1, 2016. Did not hear from them in two months. They told me to send the base which I did. It is now almost October 1 and I am on the phone with the main company who is also having trouble getting in touch with the repair center who has my phone in McAllen, TX. This is the second time speaking to them, because at first they gave me a number that was not in service! The one I found online went unanswered... just rang and rang. I am about ready to file a small claim.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2016

Who would have thought that Panasonic is not BBB accredited? Now I do! I called the repair department regarding a defective phone. After getting my serial number, the rep told me right off that the phone was out of warranty. I pointed out that there were 2 months left on the warranty. He agreed (I reminded him that I am not a liar). He then said that all they could do for me was send a coupon for 20% off another Panasonic phone. I asked him to define "One year warranty" for me. He held his ground. I threatened to go to my credit company to get a refund and go after them. Then he told me that I can send it back for replacement. I am utterly disgusted. They actually train their customer service to lie and cheat the customers! That is the LAST Panasonic product I will buy.

Original review: May 31, 2016

Seriously what the heck has happened to Panasonic company? Panasonic has seemed to me like a household name for as long as I can remember, and I am 52. I cannot even believe how many hours I have been tossed around just trying to get customer service, technical support, and now replacement for a defective part that took me hours for their technical support to verify with me through remote technology was sent out DOA. Which after being sent running through hoops to return, has been returned, and not only do I still NOT have a replacement for, they are trying to charge me again to even send one, and I cannot get a supervisor on the phone, or even a call back again!! Which was the case when I wanted to make a complaint about the first two representatives I spoke with while just trying to get authorization to return the stupid thing, which still as of yet have not been able to speak with anyone.

All I can say is I hope (if anyone there cares at all) someone listens to the recording of those initial calls for crying out loud! I cannot ever remember a worse customer service experience. I have been treated like complete crap by customer service reps. I had a friend listening in on a speaker call, and was appalled at how two different representatives spoke with me. I have yet to get a call back from a supervisor with regards to this nightmare. Of course they are never available to speak, after I have waited on the phone 30 minutes just to get a customer service rep., only to find out they have no idea what is going on. It is the craziest thing I have ever seen. How can a person be treated so poorly when their techs have proven that the part was delivered defective. Guess what, all this, over a 10 dollar replacement remote for a sound bar. Shipping included. Lol.

So you tell me, how smart was it to lose not only one lifelong customer over this, but 2, because my friend overheard the way two customer service people spoke to me, including refusing to put me on the phone with her supervisor. I am telling you, this is clearly a warning of what has happened to Panasonic, and I want nothing to do with that company again. I am only grateful to know this over the loss of 10 dollars, versus hundreds, or thousands. I will not ever purchase a Panasonic product again as long as I live, unless they can prove to me that they have completely overhauled their customer support/service. I recommend that you do the same. It is much too risky. I am truly in disbelief of the experience quite frankly!!

Original review: April 11, 2016

Not happy with this company's service. I ordered the Panasonic Ionic Facial steamer on 2/18/2016. It cost me $170 (2x more expensive than similar product on the market). 30 days later the product is broken! The product came with 2-year limited warranty. I ask for an exchange. The company asks me to pay shipping to get it exchanged! It's ridiculous! None of their product or services reliable!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2016

This Panasonic Cordless Telephone does pick up messages, does not record them, and only show up 3-4 days later. It does not record them, only shows name and phone number. I bought this from Amazon but they won't take it back for something better because return time has passed. One of the batteries died 2 days after I got it home. It is a piece of junk.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2016

I don't usually do these reviews but Panasonic really got under my skin. I ordered a home security kit. I got it right away, shipping was fast. We set it up and it kept disconnecting. The app was a battery drainer and I knew immediately that I did not want to keep this product. I sent an email that I would like a return and why. I got an email the next day asking all the questions I had already put in the email and I replied that I answered these questions. Another email came stating I needed to contact technical support and another email address was given. I emailed them and a day later they replied they could not help. I then called. I was transferred 5 times. Then the correct department was closed.

I called the next day transferred again 5 times. Finally got to tech support who said I had to troubleshoot. I was furious by that time. I said all along that it was not broken, just wanted to return it but now I am livid after wasting time and energy being sent back and forth emails and spending 2 hours on the phone being transferred. She said I can return but will be charged 15% fee. I called back to speak with supervisor who said that is their policy bottom line and he cannot change that. I explained to him the poor customer service and he apologized and said nothing he could do.

This is now a matter of principle for me. The 15% is not going to make or break me but the fact that the customer has to pay for their poor quality and horrible customer service infuriates me. If they had good products a return would not be an issue but because they know they are terrible at pleasing customers they have to force the money out of us on returns. I will NEVER buy Panasonic anything ever again. What a terrible way to run such a large company. I am still returning the product and I vow to tell everyone I know not to buy from them. Shame on you Panasonic. I have never been treated like this from a company in all of my life.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

We owned a Cordless telephone by Panasonic for 10 years. It proved to be a great phone, so we decided when it was time to replace to stick with Panasonic. The new set came KX-TGF370 and we liked the call block option, but have had repeated problems with the phone. When I'm on the line, and have another incoming call and push the flash button, then return to original call, it hangs up on call #1. It doesn't have as far a distance of coverage as our old telephone. The batteries don't last nearly as long as the paperwork says they will, and on inactive mode, runs down in 2 days instead of 11. Many times there is static on the line that we never experienced before. The changed placement of the buttons, causes accidental hang ups. Based on our experience with this product, we would never buy Panasonic again.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2015

We feel the 15% restocking is unjust. We ordered a security system directly from Panasonic. The system would not work through the thick walls of the home. No warning was given that this may occur. The package will be returned exactly as received (even with a baby monitor included that we did not order or pay for). We are honest people who expect to be treated with the same respect we would show others. We feel this is extremely unfair. We understand we would pay the shipping for the return, but this is becoming an expensive purchase for something we cannot use. We hope this problem will receive attention and can be resolved. We hope to hear from Panasonic about this matter.

Original review: July 22, 2015

I bought product from store 2 months ago. Screen on 1 of my handsets stopped working. Called company to be told that I had to pay for shipping. I can't afford to ship item and feel it's unfair that I pay for shipping when unit is defective.

Original review: June 20, 2015

I am having trouble setting the number of rings to the Maximum # of seven for the Panasonic Phone system Models from KX-TGF372-375. When I go to panasonic e-mail address for an answer, they come back wanting $36.00 to answer my question. I paid good money to purchase their phones and now they want money to answer my question about their phone system. What a RIP-OFF!!! I now have a bad taste for All Panasonic products!!!

Original review: April 8, 2015

I called Panasonic customer help number and I was transferred twice, then advised to send the handsets to factory center in Texas. When I requested their phone number, I was informed there is no phone, and I could track my package via tracking number from UPS. I then asked the representative: "What is wrong with this picture - you are asking me to send four out of five handsets to a place that has no phone number. Is this something you would do?" I no longer have a receipt, and the phones are out of warranty. I then requested an estimate for repair and was told the factory center would send me or call me with an estimate for repair. I thought this totally unacceptable.

Original review: March 24, 2015

I bought a plasma TV after doing some research on it and even talking to every salesmen I could get a hold of. They all told me that plasma is the way to go. It is a great TV. Well, after just 2 years my TV has now given me the 7 flashes of death. I have called around to see about getting it fixed. The prices I am being quoted were 400-1000$. I can buy a new one at that price. I am being told that this was one of the worst things I could have bought and that the service men have seen this on a daily basis with Panasonic TV. I am highly upset and unsatisfied with this TV. I feel I was lied to by everyone I talked to. They just wanted a sale and make a joke out of me. I will never buy another TV from Panasonic.

Original review: March 4, 2015

Panasonic KX-TG4771B, Ser: 4LAXAo74321 - Equipment does not have a SAR assigned: Frequency 1.92 Ghz - 1.93 Ghz. Transmission power 115mW (max). FCC RF Exposure Warning: 20cm (8 inches) from user's body. Hand Set Base Station (does not come with a head set). ICD 9 CM E926.0 Over-exposure to microwave radiation: 10 MW2 International. FCC Title 47 C.F.R. Bulletin 65c.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2014

I am bummed. I bought a DMR-EZ457v a month ago and it suddenly stopped working. I have an antenna and I bought this jewel to record over the air signals so I could record shows that come on after I am in bed. The American market for DVRs is cornered by the cable, phone and Dish people and service must be bought to use theirs. I called Panasonic because no one (and I mean no one) locally or any other place works on these machines. They asked me when did I buy it and where. I told them eBay and last month. I was told that since I got it on eBay it was covered under warranty and to send it to McAllen, Texas. I did and today I was informed that since it wasn't an authorized Panasonic dealer on eBay I purchased it from, it was going to cost me $255.00 plus tax to get it fixed. The Panasonic lady on the phone this time said she was sorry many times and asked what did I expect them to do? I wanted some kind of discount. I expected them to honor their word and fix this machine! That wasn't going to happen but they would send the broken one back to me for free if I wanted it! Geesh!

Panasonic expert review by Jonathan Trout

Panasonic is known for its electronic audio/video devices like TVs, cameras and headphones. It also sells home renovation products and personal care items like massage chairs. You can choose from three models of massage chair that feature different massage techniques and functions. Prices range from $2,500 to $8,000.

• MA10 Low Profile Chinese Spinal Technique: At $2,500, the MA10 is Panasonic’s cheapest massage chair. Said to replicate Chinese massage techniques, the MA10 features 3D rolling massagers that come in four pre-set programs: Deep massage, Swedish massage, lower back massage and neck and shoulder massage. This chair also features calf and foot massagers.

• MA70 Real Pro ULTRA: The MA70 uses heated massage to simulate the warm hands of an actual masseuse or a hot stone massage. You can choose from six pre-programmed, 3D massage options like Shiatsu, Junetsu and Swedish massage. This chair also features stretching programs that target your shoulder blades, pelvis and lower back as well as lower leg and foot massage. The MA70 retails for $7,000.

• MA73 Real Pro ULTRA: The MA73 comes with an automatic body scanning system that customizes your massage to your body type. It features multi-directional, heated rollers that massage in six pre-programmed massage styles: Refresh, deep, Swedish, Shiatsu, hip, lower back and neck and shoulder, as well as a heated foot massage feature. The MA73 comes with a three-person programmed memory function. It retails for $8,000.

• User weight limit: All of Panasonic’s massage chairs come with a 264-pound weight limit.

• Live chat: Panasonic has a live chat feature available to answer any questions you have while you’re browsing their massage chairs.

• Other products: Panasonic sells other products like audio/video accessories, TVs, cameras and camcorders and more. Check out their site for pricing and details.

• Best for: people who want to be able to program massage styles.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout