1.40/5

65 Panasonic Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

After 26 months 32 inches LED panel was out of order reported by company service engineer. Tv price was 26000 in May 2017. Hopeless quality control by Panasonic. Panel cost will be approx 19000. So it's no use for repairing. Worst experience. Cheating by company.... Shanker **

Original review: July 12, 2019

I bought my Panasonic vacuum 4 yrs ago due to having features I believed I would like (1- auto cord real, 2 - self adjusting height, 3 - was not a bagless (Have one. Do not like it messy to empty)). I have had to do a little maintenance over the years, change the belt once and the filters once a year just general, I have never noted any dust returning to the room while vacuuming. The tools are on board and easy to use. As far as I can tell the vacuum has never lost suction too. This vacuum is simple and does a very good job, I have had a Dirt Devil, Hoover, and Bissel over the years. I would never buy them again. This has been my favorite over the last 30 years. Note I have an Eufy 11S Max on the way, I am interested in see how this gizmo works between normal vacuums bought because my wife got two cats.

Get expert buying tips about Massage Chairs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 4, 2019

The best vacuum I ever owned. Sleek, well built, solid feel. Glides over all carpets easily. Has an excellent footprint on the carpet. Tools onboard with auto reel. Comfortable to hold. Bought a second identical one for the opposite side of the house.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I purchased a Panasonic cordless phone system with Digital Answering machine. It worked 4 days. When I explained the problem on their chat line, she sent me a link that would cost $5 to talk to a technician. I exited the site and called the 1 (800) number. I was told there was a 20 minute wait and I would be charged $9.95. Way to help out Panasonic. Never again will I buy something of your brand.

Original review: March 19, 2019

This is another large company that is clueless when it comes to customer service. We have home phone system that doesn't work properly. When I've tried to call them, all you get is the lame excuse that call volume miss higher than normal, so they don't answer. When you try their chat online for help, it's another joke. No one ever responds. Wonder when they will close up shop and run back to Japan.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I am writing to complain about the lack of customer care associated with my ongoing issue for PANASONIC TV - TH-65DX900U. I was very rudely spoken to by customer escalation team yesterday relating to an outstanding claim for repair of a faulty unit. The staff were antagonistic when I was trying to have her commit to a solution. Their national service partner have been very unprofessional in their communication and sent out a technician without the correct equipment, no testing and obviously not trained. This resulted in less than 24 hours before the issue reappeared. As an Australian consumer I am not happy with their response.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Was just looking for options to replace my center speaker for the Panasonic SCPT-760. Was caught in an endless loop between their parts distributor and technical support (1-800-219-6203/ 1-800-211-7262). All paths from the technical support routed me to the third party parts support. All technical questions told me to look online and then disconnection my call. AWFUL!!! When I went to chat with an agent, I was given the third party parts number. An hour wasted in an endless circle.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

On July 29th. 2017 we purchased a Panasonic cordless steam iron NI-L800 (In Japan). Worked well for 15 months but one day in October 2018 the iron started smoking and had a burning smell. The tip of the iron became discolored, and the steam vent holes were also discolored - a burnt color. We immediately stopped using the iron. We checked warranty and it had expired – but still iron had only been used for 15 months. (Shouldn't an iron last longer than that?) Also felt that this could be a potential dangerous problem that should be properly checked.

We contacted Panasonic and a representative, Mr. ** of Panasonic Consumer Marketing Co. Ltd., came to pick up the iron for an inspection on September 19th. The iron was returned to us on 29th. October. We were told the burning smell was due to us using tainted water in the water chamber – like something sweet or syrupy and this was the reason for burning smell. Mr. ** also told us it would cost 13,000Yen to repair.

I was unsatisfied with this explanation as all we ever used in the steam chamber was water. I decided to open up the iron myself and have a look – the inside of the iron had a lot of dust suggesting that the inspection center had not even opened up the iron – also I found evidence of burnt plastic parts – very clearly and easy to see parts had burnt. I took photographs and they were forwarded to Mr. **. On 29th. October he phoned us to say he would check and see what kind of check/inspection the workshop had done. (He had already told us the iron would cost 13,000Yen to repair – so who gave him this information and what parts were to be replaced?)

On 5th. November he called back and basically was totally unapologetic for lack of care with the check that was supposed to have been carried out. He wanted to escape all responsibility and went round in circles trying to tell us what the problem was – this attitude really annoyed us – He didn't open the iron and see what we seen – burnt plastic body! I felt like he just wanted to make us look foolish, his explanation was totally unacceptable. He spoke a long time to my wife and I took the phone from her. It seems he wasn't answering any of her questions properly. I also finally hung up as was getting no reasonable explanations. I am surprised that a major and well known device maker has such a careless attitude to what could end up being a dangerous fire hazard. I am continuing to try and get this iron checked properly.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Panasonic do not understand the consumer law in Australia. I have an air conditioner that has stopped working 10 months out of warranty. Australian law clearly states a product should have a reasonable life expectancy even if out of warranty. My air conditioner won't hold gas so it does not work. Panasonic say, "Because no leak can be found we won't help as there is no problem." It does not work. No gas.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

A charger on my phone system no longer worked. Phone calls to customer service (minimum phone wait 30+ minutes). Follow up email letters ignored. No response. Note the bottom "be more specific" indicates too busy to listen. No more Panasonic for me.

Panasonic expert review by Jonathan Trout

Panasonic is known for its electronic audio/video devices like TVs, cameras and headphones. It also sells home renovation products and personal care items like massage chairs. You can choose from three models of massage chair that feature different massage techniques and functions. Prices range from $2,500 to $8,000.

• MA10 Low Profile Chinese Spinal Technique: At $2,500, the MA10 is Panasonic’s cheapest massage chair. Said to replicate Chinese massage techniques, the MA10 features 3D rolling massagers that come in four pre-set programs: Deep massage, Swedish massage, lower back massage and neck and shoulder massage. This chair also features calf and foot massagers.

• MA70 Real Pro ULTRA: The MA70 uses heated massage to simulate the warm hands of an actual masseuse or a hot stone massage. You can choose from six pre-programmed, 3D massage options like Shiatsu, Junetsu and Swedish massage. This chair also features stretching programs that target your shoulder blades, pelvis and lower back as well as lower leg and foot massage. The MA70 retails for $7,000.

• MA73 Real Pro ULTRA: The MA73 comes with an automatic body scanning system that customizes your massage to your body type. It features multi-directional, heated rollers that massage in six pre-programmed massage styles: Refresh, deep, Swedish, Shiatsu, hip, lower back and neck and shoulder, as well as a heated foot massage feature. The MA73 comes with a three-person programmed memory function. It retails for $8,000.

• User weight limit: All of Panasonic’s massage chairs come with a 264-pound weight limit.

• Live chat: Panasonic has a live chat feature available to answer any questions you have while you’re browsing their massage chairs.

• Other products: Panasonic sells other products like audio/video accessories, TVs, cameras and camcorders and more. Check out their site for pricing and details.

• Best for: people who want to be able to program massage styles.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout