1.20/5
Based on 25 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Panasonic

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 12, 2017

47 Panasonic Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

WARRANTY IS A SCAM! I bought from Amazon Canada then Panasonic refused to honor warranty pretending it wasn't an authorized seller. Horrible customer service. It was the latest model of their cordless phone and the most expensive model, but it broke after 13 months. Will never buy from Panasonic again.

Original review: July 31, 2017

Cordless Phone- I called their Customer Support 800#. Told that it would cost $9.95 just to talk to an agent. Tried their online chat. Agent didn't ask any questions about my issue. I gave a simple description about my greeting not being heard when a call comes in. Didn't ask what model. Or anything else. Said he email a solution. Poorly designed website. Poor customer service on the phone. My conclusion... They don't want to hear complaints or problems. Will never buy another Panasonic product.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: April 3, 2017

I spent an hour trying unsuccessfully to find the answer to my issue (Cordless phone problem) under FAQ's then spoke to someone on live chat who was very unprofessional and didn't seem to have a grasp of the English language much less my problem which I repeated clearly. I then called Customer service (what a joke) and was told they would answer my question for $9.95 with no assurance of solving my problem. Put me down with the group of hundreds of thousands who will NEVER EVER purchase another Panasonic product or deal with these people again.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

We were given a Panasonic bread maker as a gift. This was amazing until it started to show faults. We used the same ingredients and followed the same instructions as always. Still we had faults. So we followed the guidelines within the booklet provided. Still no luck with a good loaf. We contacted Panasonic and they told us to take it to a testing centre. We did this and it came back to say all diagnostics were fine and we should have no problem (they haven't made a loaf of bread in it). So we try again with all fresh ingredients bought from a different store. Still no luck.

So we contact Panasonic again. We send off pictures of the failed loaf. They say "we will contact you within two working days." 12 days later I call them. Only to find we are being asked to complete the same process all over again and asked the same questions all over again!! Now we are at Christmas and they are closed. This is the worst customer service I have ever dealt with in all my years. They are simply not prepared to replace faulty equipment without fobbing you off weeks on end.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Slow Juicer MJ-L500. Bought in 26/6/2016. 1st round juice - a bit problem fibre got clog easily - need wash often. 2nd round can't juice properly - getting clog more often. 3rd round juice hardly can juice - need wash very often. Juicer get hot and switch off by itself. Sent in Panasonic customer care centre at Jalan 13/2 Petaling Jaya Malaysia on 30/11/16. Call on 2/12/16 juicer was already ready on 30/11/16 but no one call me. Nothing was done to the juicer. Went personally to the Care Centre demo to the supervisor and manager how it clog when juice ginger. After 5 tbs of 2nd round ginger fibre with water rotating brush can't rotate. Pulp spout totally clogged. While removing the juice attachment pieces of cracked black plastic dropped off.

The staff explanation this juicer not meant to juice ginger. They mentioned they will look into a replacement of another juicer more suitable for ginger or a full refund. I called them today, was told can't refund but can only replace the rotating broken spare parts. This juice website show a picture of ginger too for this juicer. Please advise - I need to juice 500g to 1 kg daily for my family. I can assure it does not work and break into piece after several times. I only use this juicer 3 times and I need to send to customer care centre. I am not happy with this juicer because when I purchase this product I did make very clear I only want to juice ginger.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Panasonic?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Purchased a new phone unit to go with the 3 I had in April. Phone broke and sent it back on July 1, 2016. Did not hear from them in two months. They told me to send the base which I did. It is now almost October 1 and I am on the phone with the main company who is also having trouble getting in touch with the repair center who has my phone in McAllen, TX. This is the second time speaking to them, because at first they gave me a number that was not in service! The one I found online went unanswered... just rang and rang. I am about ready to file a small claim.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2016

Who would have thought that Panasonic is not BBB accredited? Now I do! I called the repair department regarding a defective phone. After getting my serial number, the rep told me right off that the phone was out of warranty. I pointed out that there were 2 months left on the warranty. He agreed (I reminded him that I am not a liar). He then said that all they could do for me was send a coupon for 20% off another Panasonic phone. I asked him to define "One year warranty" for me. He held his ground. I threatened to go to my credit company to get a refund and go after them. Then he told me that I can send it back for replacement. I am utterly disgusted. They actually train their customer service to lie and cheat the customers! That is the LAST Panasonic product I will buy.

Original review: May 31, 2016

Seriously what the heck has happened to Panasonic company? Panasonic has seemed to me like a household name for as long as I can remember, and I am 52. I cannot even believe how many hours I have been tossed around just trying to get customer service, technical support, and now replacement for a defective part that took me hours for their technical support to verify with me through remote technology was sent out DOA. Which after being sent running through hoops to return, has been returned, and not only do I still NOT have a replacement for, they are trying to charge me again to even send one, and I cannot get a supervisor on the phone, or even a call back again!! Which was the case when I wanted to make a complaint about the first two representatives I spoke with while just trying to get authorization to return the stupid thing, which still as of yet have not been able to speak with anyone.

All I can say is I hope (if anyone there cares at all) someone listens to the recording of those initial calls for crying out loud! I cannot ever remember a worse customer service experience. I have been treated like complete crap by customer service reps. I had a friend listening in on a speaker call, and was appalled at how two different representatives spoke with me. I have yet to get a call back from a supervisor with regards to this nightmare. Of course they are never available to speak, after I have waited on the phone 30 minutes just to get a customer service rep., only to find out they have no idea what is going on. It is the craziest thing I have ever seen. How can a person be treated so poorly when their techs have proven that the part was delivered defective. Guess what, all this, over a 10 dollar replacement remote for a sound bar. Shipping included. Lol.

So you tell me, how smart was it to lose not only one lifelong customer over this, but 2, because my friend overheard the way two customer service people spoke to me, including refusing to put me on the phone with her supervisor. I am telling you, this is clearly a warning of what has happened to Panasonic, and I want nothing to do with that company again. I am only grateful to know this over the loss of 10 dollars, versus hundreds, or thousands. I will not ever purchase a Panasonic product again as long as I live, unless they can prove to me that they have completely overhauled their customer support/service. I recommend that you do the same. It is much too risky. I am truly in disbelief of the experience quite frankly!!

Original review: April 11, 2016

Not happy with this company's service. I ordered the Panasonic Ionic Facial steamer on 2/18/2016. It cost me $170 (2x more expensive than similar product on the market). 30 days later the product is broken! The product came with 2-year limited warranty. I ask for an exchange. The company asks me to pay shipping to get it exchanged! It's ridiculous! None of their product or services reliable!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2016

This Panasonic Cordless Telephone does pick up messages, does not record them, and only show up 3-4 days later. It does not record them, only shows name and phone number. I bought this from Amazon but they won't take it back for something better because return time has passed. One of the batteries died 2 days after I got it home. It is a piece of junk.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2016

I don't usually do these reviews but Panasonic really got under my skin. I ordered a home security kit. I got it right away, shipping was fast. We set it up and it kept disconnecting. The app was a battery drainer and I knew immediately that I did not want to keep this product. I sent an email that I would like a return and why. I got an email the next day asking all the questions I had already put in the email and I replied that I answered these questions. Another email came stating I needed to contact technical support and another email address was given. I emailed them and a day later they replied they could not help. I then called. I was transferred 5 times. Then the correct department was closed.

I called the next day transferred again 5 times. Finally got to tech support who said I had to troubleshoot. I was furious by that time. I said all along that it was not broken, just wanted to return it but now I am livid after wasting time and energy being sent back and forth emails and spending 2 hours on the phone being transferred. She said I can return but will be charged 15% fee. I called back to speak with supervisor who said that is their policy bottom line and he cannot change that. I explained to him the poor customer service and he apologized and said nothing he could do.

This is now a matter of principle for me. The 15% is not going to make or break me but the fact that the customer has to pay for their poor quality and horrible customer service infuriates me. If they had good products a return would not be an issue but because they know they are terrible at pleasing customers they have to force the money out of us on returns. I will NEVER buy Panasonic anything ever again. What a terrible way to run such a large company. I am still returning the product and I vow to tell everyone I know not to buy from them. Shame on you Panasonic. I have never been treated like this from a company in all of my life.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

We owned a Cordless telephone by Panasonic for 10 years. It proved to be a great phone, so we decided when it was time to replace to stick with Panasonic. The new set came KX-TGF370 and we liked the call block option, but have had repeated problems with the phone. When I'm on the line, and have another incoming call and push the flash button, then return to original call, it hangs up on call #1. It doesn't have as far a distance of coverage as our old telephone. The batteries don't last nearly as long as the paperwork says they will, and on inactive mode, runs down in 2 days instead of 11. Many times there is static on the line that we never experienced before. The changed placement of the buttons, causes accidental hang ups. Based on our experience with this product, we would never buy Panasonic again.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2015

We feel the 15% restocking is unjust. We ordered a security system directly from Panasonic. The system would not work through the thick walls of the home. No warning was given that this may occur. The package will be returned exactly as received (even with a baby monitor included that we did not order or pay for). We are honest people who expect to be treated with the same respect we would show others. We feel this is extremely unfair. We understand we would pay the shipping for the return, but this is becoming an expensive purchase for something we cannot use. We hope this problem will receive attention and can be resolved. We hope to hear from Panasonic about this matter.

Original review: July 22, 2015

I bought product from store 2 months ago. Screen on 1 of my handsets stopped working. Called company to be told that I had to pay for shipping. I can't afford to ship item and feel it's unfair that I pay for shipping when unit is defective.

Original review: June 20, 2015

I am having trouble setting the number of rings to the Maximum # of seven for the Panasonic Phone system Models from KX-TGF372-375. When I go to panasonic e-mail address for an answer, they come back wanting $36.00 to answer my question. I paid good money to purchase their phones and now they want money to answer my question about their phone system. What a RIP-OFF!!! I now have a bad taste for All Panasonic products!!!

Original review: April 8, 2015

I called Panasonic customer help number and I was transferred twice, then advised to send the handsets to factory center in Texas. When I requested their phone number, I was informed there is no phone, and I could track my package via tracking number from UPS. I then asked the representative: "What is wrong with this picture - you are asking me to send four out of five handsets to a place that has no phone number. Is this something you would do?" I no longer have a receipt, and the phones are out of warranty. I then requested an estimate for repair and was told the factory center would send me or call me with an estimate for repair. I thought this totally unacceptable.

Original review: March 24, 2015

I bought a plasma TV after doing some research on it and even talking to every salesmen I could get a hold of. They all told me that plasma is the way to go. It is a great TV. Well, after just 2 years my TV has now given me the 7 flashes of death. I have called around to see about getting it fixed. The prices I am being quoted were 400-1000$. I can buy a new one at that price. I am being told that this was one of the worst things I could have bought and that the service men have seen this on a daily basis with Panasonic TV. I am highly upset and unsatisfied with this TV. I feel I was lied to by everyone I talked to. They just wanted a sale and make a joke out of me. I will never buy another TV from Panasonic.

Original review: March 4, 2015

Panasonic KX-TG4771B, Ser: 4LAXAo74321 - Equipment does not have a SAR assigned: Frequency 1.92 Ghz - 1.93 Ghz. Transmission power 115mW (max). FCC RF Exposure Warning: 20cm (8 inches) from user's body. Hand Set Base Station (does not come with a head set). ICD 9 CM E926.0 Over-exposure to microwave radiation: 10 MW2 International. FCC Title 47 C.F.R. Bulletin 65c.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2014

I am bummed. I bought a DMR-EZ457v a month ago and it suddenly stopped working. I have an antenna and I bought this jewel to record over the air signals so I could record shows that come on after I am in bed. The American market for DVRs is cornered by the cable, phone and Dish people and service must be bought to use theirs. I called Panasonic because no one (and I mean no one) locally or any other place works on these machines. They asked me when did I buy it and where. I told them eBay and last month. I was told that since I got it on eBay it was covered under warranty and to send it to McAllen, Texas. I did and today I was informed that since it wasn't an authorized Panasonic dealer on eBay I purchased it from, it was going to cost me $255.00 plus tax to get it fixed. The Panasonic lady on the phone this time said she was sorry many times and asked what did I expect them to do? I wanted some kind of discount. I expected them to honor their word and fix this machine! That wasn't going to happen but they would send the broken one back to me for free if I wanted it! Geesh!

Original review: June 13, 2014

Panasonic KX-TG4744B DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone Talking Caller ID - I purchase this 4 phone with Base Set in Nov. 2013 and my family is very happy with this item! Some extras that it features are: If power goes out, you can still use the Base as a speakerphone for emergencies. The phones all have one common phone book built in. You can block callers also. When the phone rings, a voice will tell you the name on the caller id if it's someone in your phone book, if not then it says the phone number. Each phone has a speaker phone button. If you miss a call, the phone has a orange light at the top of each handset that flashes until you tend to it or check the message. The phone system has a built in Alarm Clock that will wake you up when needed. The phones features Call Waiting button & Redial button. You can adjust the handset volume on each phone. You can use the main base independently if so desired, it has all the same features as each handset and It is the main operating station for the Voice mail. This Panasonic phone system is also available in 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 phone hand sets. I paid approx. $90 for the 4 phone package. I highly recommend this system, Panasonic has paid attention to detail and customer requirements. Best Regards, In Texas.

Original review: May 6, 2014

This is a $400 rebate for purchasing a Panasonic AGAC130APJ. I first submitted my rebate on January 21, 2014, and sent an email to the company to make sure that the form was accepted. I got no reply, and found out weeks later that it had been denied. I resubmitted on February 5, 2014 and it was accepted. The fine print says that the rebate will be mailed within 8-10 weeks. I just called today, May 6, 2014, and they said it has not been mailed yet, and got no reason for the delay. I have complied to all the rules for this rebate, and it has been approved. They are just not mailing the debit card.

Original review: March 13, 2013

I received this phone system as a Christmas gift in 2012. On 12-26-2012, I called the Parts of Panasonic and ordered additional parts to include a Handset Model No. KX-TGA470 B at which time they informed me it would take a couple of weeks. I didn't receive it as scheduled so I called back and they gave me a new date of March 3, 2013. I waited until 3-13-2013 to call, at which time I was told it would be 5-10-2013 as the shipping date. I think they're in the process of mixing the plastic. It's a learning experience that we are passing around to our family and friends. If you're going to deal with Panasonic, forget it. Never again.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2013

I have sent in the DMR-EZ48V Recorder to the Panasonic Exchange Center in McAllen, Texas to be repaired 3 times before the warranty expired and the problem is still not fixed properly. The first time I sent the unit in, they sent it back to me stating that there was nothing wrong with the unit. I sent it back to them with a Panasonic DVD RAM disc stuck inside the unit. This time, they claimed they repaired the unit after they said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. I spoke with Bonnie ** to make sure they send back the DVD disc that was lodged in in the unit. When Panasonic mailed the unit back from being repaired, the disc wasn't returned with the unit. So I sent the unit back telling them this time the audio and input 1 wasn't working and left Bonnie ** a notice inside the returned unit that I would like to give them two options if they were still unable to repair the unit correctly, that they agree to pay for a local service tech to repair the unit or reimburse me the purchasing amount of $324.74 in order to avoid further action taken. Do you think you can help me with this matter?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2012

Panasonic DVD recorder DMR-EZ485V - This is by far the worst item I have ever wasted my money on. I can't believe that Panasonic put out this crap of a product. First thing is the tuner. It is very poor and all recordings are of terrible quality, even with HDMI. Also the VCR is worse than my 30-year old betamax. The screen will not change from 16:9 to 4.3 at all. I find that a bad thing to have to deal with while using it on different televisions. My Samsung plasma HD Cornea TV has the best possible picture available and I don't want to waste my time trying to use this piece of junk anymore. It is now yard sale fodder.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2011

I have a Panasonic DVD recorder, DMR-EZ28. It does not record scheduled recordings. This has 5 “weekly” scheduled recordings. (Total: 4 1/2 hours @ Extended Play). The unit skips roughly every other scheduled recordings and enters an error code: "You interrupted the recording", which I can’t do since I'm not even at home! And the code must be removed before the next week, or the unit will never record that exact scheduled recording again. About every 4th or 5th scheduled recording, the unit turns itself on and freezes. I come home later that evening or from vacation, and the unit is on but frozen. The remote won't work; you must hold the Power button down for 30 sec. to force a reboot. Sometimes I even have to hold down the Up + Down channel buttons for 30 sec. to force a "Factory Reboot" which wipes out all set-up and programming, to get the unit to power down.

I was on the phone with Panasonic for 6-8 months over this, and they eventually agreed if I paid to ship the unit to McAllen TX, they would send me a new unit, which I did. The second unit (dif. ser. #) is doing the exact same thing. It's going on 2 years now and I'm sick of "Panasonic". Is there a "Class Action Law Suit" or "Recall" or "Lemon Law" I can file for, to at least get part or all of my $250 back so I can go and buy a different DVDR that actually records scheduled recording from the new HD TV signal?

Original review: May 13, 2011

I have a set of 3 phones. It quit working as it did before in December 2010. Static online then no sound at all i.e. pressing keys down, dialing, etc. Roger had to do a test before I return it, which required removing batteries. I could not do that as I have only one working thumb. He insisted I had to do this test before return. I had the garbage man open it for me. It was embarrassing. I called back and got Roy who stated that I had to remove batteries from another phone and try them in a non-working one. I told him my previous experience and how this delayed the use of my phone.

He again insisted I had to remove the batteries. I told him I am a disabled senior without use of one thumb and didn't want to go through this again. Finally, he switched me over to the mailing address and did not give me a reference number. This phone is still under warranty and had the same first problem 4 months after purchase. I bought the phone on your recommendation. I must pay to return the phone. It cost $8 twice now. My blood pressure went up being told I must remove batteries as it was not accepted that I could not. I have not had use of one phone for over a month.

Original review: March 14, 2011

I have a Panasonic cordless telephone that I had purchased on eBay with a warranty that was to run out on 2/22/2011. I sent it in, as printed, on their manual to Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company through USPS with a dated postal service delivery confirmation receipt on 2/03/2011. On 2/22/2011, I received a call from Myla, in customer service, she said that the warranty had run out on 2/22/2011; the phone repair service was void, and that they do not accept paid receipts from eBay.

I told her I had purchased on eBay from a seller of this new phone along with the warranty. I had a receipt from the USPS stamped on 2/03/2011, and that I found it funny that she was calling me on 2/22/2011 the day the warranty expired. She just laughed and said there was nothing they were going to do under warranty, and that I would have to now pay for any repairs.

I told her I would contact Consumer Affairs. She said it did not matter, and there was nothing anyone could do to help me with this. I said we will see then, and I hung up. The next day I called back and I recorded the call with Myla to get her last name. She refused to give it to me, and I informed her I was recording the call. She said in that case, she would no longer speak with me and she hung up.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2011

I ordered several things; from a camcorder ($300) through extra battery and a charger (not included!). You don't get a confirmation email or any follow-up emails about the order status. If you email customer service, you don't get an answer (I tried it multiple times). If you call them, be prepared to hang on for 2 hours and then they'll give you an answer that isn't correct at all. You can call again (if you have 2 hours spare time) but it's useless. They have no idea on what's going on with your order, they will just say something randomly generated I think.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2010

Nobody will doubt on Panasonic's product quality. That is the reason I bought below model for my 2 HP air-con. Model: Panasonic CS-C18HKH SN : *****. There was some vibration noise from the compressor. We called the agent in Butterworth through the dealer. They sent a gentleman to check. Surprisingly, this gentleman concluded that it was due to the compressor/motor even without opening the casing. He arranged KL headquarter to send over the compressor. The installer (recommended by dealer) was doubting it was compressor/motor issue.

Anyhow, he just followed instruction to replace the compressor/motor. During the installation of the whole external unit (it was uninstalled and brought back by the installer for replacement of the compressor/motor) at my house, the vibration noise was even louder. The installer was very sure this was not compressor/motor issue now. He did some adjustment on the casing and the issue solved.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2010

I purchased a Panasonic X100 mobile for Rs6000. Now, its battery is down. I searched it everywhere but didn't find it. It's creating a big problem for me. I am having all the products of Panasonic but due to this battery fault it's creating dissatisfaction for me in your products. How can I get the battery of this phone. If I don't get the battery, it's wastage for me of Rs6000.

Panasonic expert review by Jonathan Trout

Panasonic is known for its electronic audio/video devices like TVs, cameras and headphones. It also sells home renovation products and personal care items like massage chairs. You can choose from three models of massage chair that feature different massage techniques and functions. Prices range from $2,500 to $8,000.

• MA10 Low Profile Chinese Spinal Technique: At $2,500, the MA10 is Panasonic’s cheapest massage chair. Said to replicate Chinese massage techniques, the MA10 features 3D rolling massagers that come in four pre-set programs: Deep massage, Swedish massage, lower back massage and neck and shoulder massage. This chair also features calf and foot massagers.
    • MA70 Real Pro ULTRA: The MA70 uses heated massage to simulate the warm hands of an actual masseuse or a hot stone massage. You can choose from six pre-programmed, 3D massage options like Shiatsu, Junetsu and Swedish massage. This chair also features stretching programs that target your shoulder blades, pelvis and lower back as well as lower leg and foot massage. The MA70 retails for $7,000.
    • MA73 Real Pro ULTRA: The MA73 comes with an automatic body scanning system that customizes your massage to your body type. It features multi-directional, heated rollers that massage in six pre-programmed massage styles: Refresh, deep, Swedish, Shiatsu, hip, lower back and neck and shoulder, as well as a heated foot massage feature. The MA73 comes with a three-person programmed memory function. It retails for $8,000.
    • User weight limit: All of Panasonic’s massage chairs come with a 264-pound weight limit.
    • Live chat: Panasonic has a live chat feature available to answer any questions you have while you’re browsing their massage chairs.
    • Other products: Panasonic sells other products like audio/video accessories, TVs, cameras and camcorders and more. Check out their site for pricing and details.
    • Best for: people who want to be able to program massage styles.
    Profile picture of Jonathan Trout