1.03/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ABC Financial Services

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

135 ABC Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Omg! I have been out of the country for a month and have now been hit with a barrage of constant, urgent calls about a month to month gym membership, saying I missed my payment 9/28... Ok I am livid! Harassing and stressing me for Tapout fitness!! I have to cancelled my membership. Ridiculous!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I moved from Alabama to Colorado and had 2 months left on my membership, I paid off the membership early in May and canceled at that time. My membership ended July 15th of 2017. I used the gym till July 12th. I have went around in circles with them about this and they just want to keep charging me. They said they transferred my membership on August 3rd. How do you transfer a membership that's already been fulfilled.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I joined the gym. I saw that I was not going to use the membership. During my consultation I was told that I had to come to gym to cancel and call a number. I went to the gym, canceled my membership and they gave me a paper with a number on it and told me to call it and cancel my membership. I did that! I was billed the next month. I called to cancel again and was informed that my membership was not canceled. I told them that I would advise my bank. Now I was texted this month for a third time. This time with a late fee. My account should be canceled and they are still billing. By the way I was informed that I now have to send an email. This company is a ripoff and now I'm informing ConsumerAffairs as to what they are doing.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Cancelled membership a year ago, employee did not turn in paperwork, so they took money from my bank account, I explained it to the manager at Lincolnton West and he said that is why she does not work here anymore, but no refund and the man was so very rude, I think this is common practice for these crooks. It should be some legal action people could take against this outfit. ABC said they could not do anything until manager calls and he will not. I guess they need the money because the gym is never full, but I need my money too, I work for mine.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

They are the owners of Retro Fitness Stefko Blvd Bethlehem PA. They lie and deceive their customers, they forge signatures and take money out of customers accounts and give every excuse in the book as to why! Disgusting dishonest Crooks! They lied and deceived my fiance whom has Crohn's disease with a colostomy who was trying to gain some weight and muscle. He never signed for a personal trainer but we are paying for one, they claim they have a contract signed by my fiance but he only ever signed for the initial 19.99 gym fees. We fully believe his signature was copied or they lied and said he was signing for just the gym! We call and call and ABC Financial says we have to talk to the Manager at the gym but he never returns phone calls and ABC Financial will not help! CROOKS CROOKS CROOKS! You must feel really good about taking advantage of someone who is disabled trying to make their disability a little easier! Sick.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ABC Financial Services?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Is this company a scam or what? All I can say is OMG! The intentional delay on their part has to be by design in an effort to suck every dollar out of the consumer they can. I have been trying to cancel a gym membership for my son who left for the Air Force and it has been nothing short of a major, time consuming headache. After following their request to the letter, including having to obtain a copy of my son's military orders (not an easy thing to do) It has been 3 months and as of the writing of this complaint, I am still getting billed every month. I've been through 3 different people, including a supervisor with no satisfaction yet, only to find out today they are once again requesting information that's already been sent to them before.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Well, as we can see from the other reviewers, ABC Financial is not an honest company and they certainly are brazen enough to continue to treat customers this way. Sometimes I wish there were police that could arrest people like this, but there aren't. The only thing you can do is refuse to do business with companies that have ABC Financial as part of their billing. I love Anytime Fitness, but have been financially taken advantage of by ABC. I was being charged a $19.99 fee on my credit card in addition to my club membership for several months and didn't realize it.

They were taking money out of my account without my knowledge which is just extremely dishonest in my opinion. At least provide a WRITTEN NOTICE of any additional charges and what reason. Fortunately for me, the club owner is an honest guy. So... the question is, how many more complaints need to be filed before ABC goes under or Anytime Fitness and other companies decide to find a more honest billing company. That reflects extremely poorly on their reputation.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I can only support the dismal reviews given this outfit by others. Absolutely craven and corrupt... they make it virtually impossible to cancel any gym membership. Calling repeatedly makes no difference... the bills keep coming. Worst experience ever. By all means, avoid EOS Fitness and ABC Financial.

Original review: June 12, 2017

Because of fraudulent charges from ABC I just pay cash for my membership. Then 6 months later out of the blue, they just start sending these text messages and leaving voice mails, then charges appear on my card. Then you can't talk to anybody. These guys are a scam! If you want to join a health club, just pay cash for a membership or workout at home.

Original review: May 15, 2017

Absolute garbage. Tried to cancel a gym membership in October and have charged me ever since. I've called five times and each time they say it's been taken care of. They charge me again. I will never give these people another cent. Absolutely terrible service. These people are con artists.

Original review: May 4, 2017

Easy to sign in but when you want to cancel your membership is not that easy. You have to write a letter and send it certify mail and wait for 60 days to get process!! In the meantime they still charge you!!! So read the agreement.

Original review: April 27, 2017

I am scheduled to go to army basic training in a couple of weeks, so I reached out to the edge to find out that their billing is handled by ABC. Turns out me going to basic training doesn't qualify for a account cancellation, which means I will continue paying gym membership for all the months that I will not be using the facilities. Wish I could give 0 stars. These practices should be considered fraudulent.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I was a member at Anytime Fitness and wanted to cancel my contract. I had two brain surgeries, very expensive, within a year and thought it was wasteful to continue the membership when I was unable to use it and really could no longer afford it. After being told at the gym I had to cancel using ABC financial I called and the customer service agent told me about the freeze option and that I could cancel anytime I wanted within the next three months. What they did not tell me is if you cancel while you're on the freeze you pay for that month because you did not give a 30-day notice.

This company is shady and scams people out of their money and it should be illegal. So, no matter if you decided to go on a "freeze" they still get one more payment out of you. Just cancel your membership. Don't let them trick you with the freeze option. It benefits no one but them. It's unfortunate that you have to give even one star to post, there should be an option to give a negative rating.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I had a gym membership with Blast Fitness in Illinois. I moved to Tennessee in Nov 2016. There are not any Blast Fitness in my area. I have been trying to cancel the membership since Dec 2016 with Blast Fitness/ABC Financial. I emailed the cancellation 3 times. Made numerous calls. They also confirm with me the email address I'm sending it to is correct. Which it is, but they keep saying they didn't get it. It's awful funny it shows on my end they did. ABC Financial is a horrible company to deal with. To this day still trying to cancel and they keep saying I'm still responsible for the fees. It's very frustrating try to work them.

Original review: April 12, 2017

I joined Planet Fitness and have paid my dues but ABC Financial keeps trying to charge for some reason. They have a fee of $40.00 that was suppose to be taken out on the 1st but of course these bums tried to take it out four full days before that. These so called financial services are scams posing as billing for gyms. Don't do it, they will screw you.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Would put negative stars if possible. My account was frozen and my gym told me I would have to pay NO fees while my account was frozen. Last year, ABC Financial called me and left a voicemail telling me that they had "great news" about my account. I called back and it turned out they were being deliberately deceptive because they wanted to collect on my annual fee (even though I had been told I didn't have to pay any fees while I was away). I had received no previous notices and they still charged me late fees and collected on top of my annual fee. This year I received the same call, using the same deceptive tactics! This company intentionally misleads, confuses, and deceives customers so they can make a profit collecting account fees. Unethical, unprofessional, and inappropriate. This company should be shut down. I called and no changes have been made in a year since being deceived! Disgusted.

Original review: March 27, 2017

I signed up an Edge Fitness gym that uses ABC Financial Services. I called to cancel and was told I had to call ABC Financial Services. After calling ABC, I was told they will not be able to cancel by phone and that I can only cancel by going online. After logging in online I was directed to e-mail or call the same number that had already told me I could not cancel by phone.

After several attempts to cancel I also found out it would take a full 30 days to cancel my membership and I would continue to be responsible for charges in the meantime. I have emailed them asking to stop and am waiting to hear back, but several co-workers told me they had a very difficult time cancelling so I am not hopeful. I have never experienced a service so difficult to end and that would continue charging me after I cancelled services. It seems very clear to me they are making it so difficult to cancel that members give up trying to cancel. I have never reported any company before, but this was so awful I had to file a complaint.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

All I wanted to do is cancel my membership because of health reasons. I haven't been in 2 months but I still paid my membership. When I tried to cancel they said I need a 30 day notice. I explained to them that I haven't been going but they want to charge me 38 dollars to cancel. And told me if I didn't pay they would charge me every month until I did. I told ABC Financial to bill me but they refused. Now I'm getting text messages all the time about my bill and I haven't been in three months. Worst experience ever.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

My husband and I signed up for a gym membership through Anytime Fitness and when doing so they never mentioned that their billing is completed through another party called ABC Financial. My problems began after I had a change in jobs and my new job pays 2 times a month and my pay day was on the day my dues are collected. I started getting notices and phone calls from ABC Financial stating that my payment was declined. I was being charged OVER $40 in "Services Charges" WHICH IS RIDICULOUS, I have NEVER dealt with a company that charges such high fees... which are almost more than my membership!!

FINALLY after multiple months of being charged numerous so called service charges each month I figured out that they were trying to collect my payment at 1 or 2 in the morning and my payment doesn't go through until around 7 am. I had called multiple times about the service charges because there was money in my account but they kept saying my card was declined.

This month when I figured out what they were doing to cause the decline the service rep said everything would be taken care of and she would refund me for the service charges I had paid for over the past months. I did get a refund but the amount that was left on my account was never taken off and then I started receiving notices that my card was declined when my payment wasn't due for another 3 weeks. Therefore I had to call them AGAIN and ask why the balance was still on my account and why they tried to deduct money from my card and added another service charge... when I do not owe anything and my payment isn't due.

After having to ask for a Supervisor because the initial customer service rep kept telling me amounts I had paid that weren't correct. So basically after talking to the supervisor all they would do is take off the service charge for when they tried to take money out... When they weren't supposed to and said I still owe what left on my account. I will NEVER go to another gym that uses ABC Financial for their billing... This is RIDICULOUS. I work for a lawyer as a legal assistant and I will be asking him to look into this. SOMEONE HAS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE ETHICS OF THIS COMPANY!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

Trying to cancel gym membership is more of a workout than I ever did at gym. The gym was unhelpful, then contacting ABC, they will tell you anything you want to hear, but nothing gets done. Your credit card on file will continue to get charged... forcing you to get on phone to your card and dispute, then back to ABC to again try to finalize your cancellation... which you thought was taken care of 30 days ago. RUNAROUND and HASSLE go hand in hand with this company. BEWARE and remember reading this post.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Absolutely criminal cancellation policies. If your gym uses ABC Financial as their payment processor, run for the hills. Gyms have a choice on who they do business with, and if it's with these guys, it's because they want to make your life a living hell if you ever want to cancel. I have an operator on the phone with my file up and I still cannot cancel my membership. They want certified mail documents, and to charge a cancellation fee to close out a membership when I'm outside of my contract! Completely absurd policies designed to trap you into contracts and nickel and dime you everywhere possible.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

Shady company. Gold's gym kept providing us with bad information on how to cancel. We were moving. We were told to come in, then told to email. We emailed. No response. Go back to gym and get a phone number. Called ABC and they say "send a letter; one for my husband one for myself with two checks". We did that. They obviously got the letters since they cashed the checks (2) and only my husband gets a confirmation email he was cancelled. I call, they tell me to send another letter. I comply again including proof of cancelled check.

I then get another monthly payment deducted. They deduct cancellation fee from my card. I call them and they said yes they took the fee from card and found the check and that they do owe me $100. NEVER GOT THE $100 they stole from me. Took almost two months to cancel because of both gold's and ABC financial. Now my husband and I always ask if ABC is the company a business uses. We will NEVER go anywhere that uses them. Which includes gold's gym.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Unfortunately this company almost gave me a heart attack when they left me a message that I commit a fraud! That my account has been submitted to the Attorney and asking for $1,700. I signed up with Women's Health Gym few months ago. I did not continue because not only that I was not happy with the gym but it was not working with my schedule. They are open 24 hours but I am alone at the night that the business is close! My mistake was I was not able to cancel my membership. It was continuously charging me but my purse was lost and my whole wallet was lost. So my ATM was not working when they try to take out from my account. The person I spoke to was not friendly at all! I asked them what company did I commit a "fraud" they were saying all this credit card company. How would they not know what are they charging me for?

As I was searching ABC Financial I see A LOT of negative comment from them! This will be the first and last. I would make sure to look at the docs I am signing if it is from ABC Financial I won't continue. More negative comment than positive? I wonder why. I am willing to pay for what I owe not telling me all this credit card companies name and when I told them I do not have a credit card on that company the person I was talking to told me, "Maybe not anymore but before you did." But WHAT COMPANY? Then searching ABC Financial I saw it from a gym membership! I will definitely call them but speak with someone better than the person I spoke to.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

My husband and I have been members of Gold's Gym for two years now. September would have been the last month of the second year of membership term. I stopped by the gym and asked how I could cancel our memberships. I was given the forms to fill out, which I did right there at the counter and also told to mail a registered letter to ABC Financial. I did that as instructed. I was told that it was enough time before the next round of membership charges. I was all set. When I go to the institution I am paying to for their service, I expect to be provided with the accurate information, including ALL THE DETAILS at the signing of the contract. If I knew I would have to be going through this hassle, I would have never signed up. We barely used the gym and had the membership for the convenience of the location.

It has been since June and six months on they are still billing me, charging my card saying that I did not cancel. Even though they have my letter and information. DO NOT DEAL WITH ABC. IT IS A TOTAL SCAM. They are simply thieves. I feel violated and mistreated as a customer. I did everything that I was responsible for as a customer. And now I feel like I am being brushed off by ABC Financial and by Gold's Gym without trying to been understood my side. I do not believe I am responsible for another round of fees of the service I am not signing up for another year for. I am no longer your customer. This is very frustrating and disappointing, and feels like a trap and even scam.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

I have been an Anytime Fitness member for 5 years. I regularly work out, have fully taken advantage of using my membership. A new YMCA was built in my community so I stayed until my Anytime Fitness membership ran out 12-16-16. As a promotion, when I renewed my membership, I was given 2 free months to my 12 month membership. My receipt specifies my membership is paid thru 12-16-16. I paid IN FULL with CASH for a 1 year renewal. I started receiving a late notice in May from ABC saying no credit card on file, they were wanting to charge me twice a year for a gym enhancement fee but they could not because I paid cash.

I called Anytime Corporate, I was not required to pay it because I was grandfathered in on my original contract which did not require this extra fee. I told my gym manager 5-6 months before my membership expired I would be joining the Y and not renewing at the end of my membership. I started receiving emails from ABC in Nov that my membership was up in October and I was delinquent paying gym dues. I emailed a picture of my receipt SHOWING my membership was paid thru 12-16-16.

I spoke with my Anytime manager who filled out the cancellation form, said he would straighten it out and my form states $0 due. I received a call and VM from ABC 12-28-16 saying I need to call. So when I called, it says I owe a $30 cancellation fee. I used a customer service prompt, it listed the business hours, said no one was there but I was calling within those business hours listed. I paid CASH. Why am I even having to deal with this company??? I never used their services!!! My manager is trying to stop the harassment and it continues. This company does not represent legitimate gyms. They do not honor the business terms of the gyms they represent.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

If you are signing any type of membership and ABC Financial are their financial managers, do NOT sign with them. I been trying to cancel my membership for the past three months and I couldn't get ahold of them and Fitlab wouldn't help me get my membership cancelled. I finally called my credit card company to dispute the charges then I received a whole bunch of calls from their collections department. Finally I got ahold of them and they decided to charge me late fees on top of the monthly fees. Terrible people to work with. Will never do business with them again.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

Let's talk about ABC Financial Services for Retrofitness Club... They are thieves!!! How can the late fees be more than the actual membership each month. Late and you're paying more in late fees. Late (Fees: $48.00), membership is less than $20. Other than quitting this place, how can we put a stop to these charges. I want to live a healthy life style but at this rate if I'm ever late for a reason I will be paying late fees and the membership fee.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I joined my local 24 hour fitness on a month to month basis explicitly because I knew I would need to move for school but did not know when. I asked and was told that I could cancel anytime, but would pay $10 a month over the annual contract fee. When I went to cancel, I was told I needed to give a 30 day warning and would be charged an additional month. This makes zero sense. I paid extra so I could quit when I wanted to. I had already paid through the month. Why should I pay for months I was explicitly telling them I wouldn't use? I paid extra so I could quit when I wanted to! On top of that, when I refused to pay they began charging exorbitant late fees! I don't understand how such an obvious scam is legal. I paid extra so I could quit when I wanted to, and they wanted to charge me for quitting. This remains unresolved, but this obvious scam is crazy.

Resolution response: Nov. 30, 2016

The company contacted me in a timely manner. They apologized for my experience and assisted me in a reasonable solution.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

My doctor advised me to quit Charter Fitness and join a gym with a swimming pool because of my medical condition. I spoke with ABC Financial back in May to advise them. They said I would have to submit a letter from my doctor in order to cancel but I didn't want to pay my deductible so I thought it would be cheaper just to wait a few months until my membership was over. They told me I could write a letter, go into a Charter Fitness, or send a certified letter. I wrote a letter to cancel which they never received because my account was charged.

I called and spoke with another agent. She invited me to go into Charter Fitness so I went on my lunch break but they advise me that I could not cancel because it was not the gym I signed up at. I called back, spoke to another agent, advise them that the previous agent didn't tell me that I had to go to a specific Charter Fitness. That agent advised me just to send a certified letter and she apologized for my troubles. I sent the certified letter but the agent failed to tell me that they will continue to charge me. They charged me $40 renewal fee + $19.95 monthly fee. After they finally received my certified letter they charge me another monthly fee.

I emailed their customer service team and they replied they couldn't do anything because it was in my contract. This company's main goal is to get money out of people. I did my due diligence in following their instructions, but they didn't seem to care at all. If all you have to do to sign up is go online go into a facility then they should also make it easy for you to cancel.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I joined my local Anytime Fitness in the summer of 2013. No one told me that billing was done through a separate company, though that could be typed in fine print on the contract somewhere. Well, at the end of 2015, I realized that I hadn't been going to the gym much, so I figured I'd stop the auto-renewal feature before the new year. I went to the gym, where they told me I had to contact ABC Financial and gave me their phone number. I called that afternoon, and after being on hold for over 30 minutes, I gave up.

A few days later, I called again, and the same thing happened - nothing but hold music. I emailed Anytime Fitness, to no avail, they never responded. Calling the gym made no difference, they just said I had to take care of billing with ABC Financial. So, I tried calling ABC again and - surprise! - I wait 40+ minutes and never speak with a real person.

I ended up closing my checking account, which seems to be the only way to get a response from ABC. They emailed me about updating my billing information, and provided a link to myiclubonline[dot]com. I didn't remember making an account on that website, but when I entered my agreement number, I was told that there was already an account associated with that number. So, I set about trying to retrieve my user name and password.

I requested that info be sent to the email address I gave to Anytime Fitness, and waited. And waited. And waited and waited. No email came, there was nothing in any of my folders or with the spam. So, I made another request for my information. Again, nothing came. So I thought, maybe I used my other email address when I signed up, and requested my user name be sent to that email address. And still, nothing.

I haven't even spoken with an ABC representative, I can't imagine how much more frustrating and enraging the rest of this process is going to be. All I know is that I am not paying another penny to Anytime or ABC, considering I haven't even been to the gym in at least 6 months. Gym memberships are a scam, and I'll never fall for this trick again. I'll be sure to update this review when I finally speak to an ABC representative.

ABC Financial Services Company Information