2.0/5 (436 ratings)

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

ABC Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ABC Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ABC Financial Services?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

I had a OneLife Fitness gym membership for a year and a half and when it came time to cancel - it began to feel like an episode of Friends except a lot less funny and way more frustrating. "Cancel in person" - drive to the gym, no "Cancel on the phone" - call and deal with this hideous automatic system to be told to "Cancel in Writing" and you get redirected 100 times until you owe another annual fee. When you refuse to pay it, they hit you with fee after fee and multiple robocalls until you can't stand it anymore and you just pay them to get off your back.

Everything positive about the gym has been subtracted from the frustration of dealing with ABC Fitness/Financial Services. Everyone you speak with is named Ben and has the same accent but they aren't the same person. They will send you to a robo dialer to enter your card information and the amount won't be right and you'll call back to speak with another Ben who acts like they didn't just speak with you 5 minutes ago. I'll never sign up for another gym that uses ABC Financial/Fitness again.

Original review: July 23, 2022

I had a gym membership with Gold's Gym and I later moved 20 miles away. I stopped going to the gym for several months and finally called ABC Financial requesting to cancel my gym membership and stop membership fees from being debited from my bank account. Customer service informed me that ABC Financial could not accept my request to cancel my membership over the phone and that I would have to request to cancel my membership in writing and mail it to their corporate office. I sent a my written request to ABC Financial and they still continued to debit my account. I had to contact my bank to dispute the charges and block/stop ABC Financial from withdrawing monthly fees from my checking account.

ABC Financial started sending me collection bills after they could no longer charge my account. I called ABC Financial again to dispute the collection and prevent them from potentially ruining my credit. Customer service informed me that my written request was never received and informed me that I would have to send a 2nd request in writing and advised me to mail it certified. I contacted ABC Financial a third time to speak to a different representative hoping to reach someone fair and reasonable.

The third representative I spoke to was actually professional and understanding. She reported that she was able to find my written request which had been received months prior. This was contrary to what the previous representative reported. Thankfully this rep finally cancelled my gym membership and stopped the new collection charges.

I did some research and found out that ABC Financial Services has been accused of violations under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). According to the BBB**, ABC Financial Services' financial disclosure and debt collection practices have been the subject of hundreds of consumer complaints. In the past 3 years, 707 complaints have been filed with ABC, 516 of which were about billing and collection issues. Consumers have also accused ABC of poor customer service and unethical and fraudulent billing practices. Lawsuits have additionally been filed against ABC Financial alleging FDCPA violations in at least two U.S. District Courts since 2007.

Hello,

We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. We strive to address all consumer feedback. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email us with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

ABC Fitness Solutions, LLC.

Get buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2022

I was 2 seconds too late for the $1 down 1 free month with EOS fitness here in West Jordan, Utah. Just got off the phone with them. Apparently I signed up with my $1 down but didn’t get the rest of the deal. So now they want $82.50 in 2 weeks. The $50 annual fee on top of the $26.99 ‘black’ membership. And they said there will be another $15 fee from ABC Finc/fitness if I don’t make the payment and there’s nothing they are willing to do about it. I don’t even want to know how bad it’s gonna be when I eventually need to cancel the membership. Please do not charge me additional fees and please honor your one month free deal. I know you will be looking for my account details in a canned response about one month from now.

ABC Fitness Solutions, LLC.

Original review: March 11, 2022

I canceled my membership Feb 4 Powerhouse, sent email they were actually were supposed to refund me. The billing company I knew was sketchy because she was yelling at someone or something in the background. Come March 11th I get debited for $49.49. I call I. And they said, "Oh it’s a 30 day notice." So when someone cancels and they say I’m not coming back their reply is “use the gym on us” just so they can continue to bill. So I called the gym manager. I told him, "Why are you using this company? You guys are going to get yourself in trouble," he said “well during Covid it wasn’t the billing company fault when we kept billing and everything was closed, it was our fault and we took the lawsuits“. I’m sitting there like, "Wow you are actually proving my point." So I’m filing complaints with attorney state general and consumer financial bureau.

At this point it’s not the money it’s the fact they are doing this to everyone and basing the validity of what’s right on a contract that they only voice “cancel anytime“ on. Guys I put a stop payment and also look below at the replies they always say “unfortunately I couldn’t find your account“ so it looks like they replied but they really aren’t solving anything. My bank reversing the charge as well. Ask any gym do the use these people before joining.

ABC Fitness Solutions, LLC.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

I joined Crunch Fitness where I live and I have had my membership since 2019. I recently requested to cancel my membership and they require a 30 day notice? A 30 day notice? Why? It's not really month to month, cancel anytime. They don't really explain this when you sign up, so based on when this is requested you may find yourself paying for an extra month even when you want to cancel the month you're in. I have used another gym prior to using this one and again sneaking an extra month from people is just wrong.

ABC Fitness Solutions, LLC.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

If I could give zero stars I would. I signed up with Anytime Fitness and was told that should I want/need to cancel that I could and they could waive the fees. I have contacted them twice now and the staff at my local gym are no help and no one from corporate ever gets back to me, that is when I can even get to leave messages/speak to someone. I haven’t attended the gym In months which they can see but they still refuse to let me out of my contract despite me being unhappy with the services I’m over paying for.

This is a gym membership, it should not be this hard to cancel. The staff at this gym are rude and completely unhelpful and give me a new stipulation every time I try to cancel. I shouldn’t have to pay the rest of my membership if I’m not receiving the service I’m paying for, regardless of reasoning. They care more about money than their customers. I should have listened to all other reviews about Anytime Fitness instead of giving them the benefit of the doubt. They’ve earned the trash reputation that they have.

Hello,

We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Fitness was not a satisfactory one. We strive to address all consumer feedback. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email us at membersupport@abcfitness.com with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

ABC Fitness Solutions, LLC.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

During covid 2020 when gyms like Anytime Fitness were closed, this awful company kept charging my account. I couldn’t use their services, and they kept charging. I will never do business w/ them again.

ABC Fitness Solutions, LLC.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

Customer Service rep picked up the line and let it sit there for 10 mins without speaking with me. I heard everything going on in the call center so I know they were listening. I tried speaking loudly but had to eventually hang up. Further their electronic IVR system hung up on me several times.

ABC Fitness Solutions, LLC.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

DO NOT join any gym that uses this company for its billing. They purposely make it VERY DIFFICULT to terminate a membership. And don't just take my word for it...read the other reviews here. It benefits the gyms because then they're not considered "the bad guys" when you can't terminate - basically this company does their dirty work. They're impossible to get on the phone and their customer service is abysmal. Watch - they'll respond to this with some robotic, pre-canned response. If I could give 0 or negative stars, I would.

ABC Fitness Solutions, LLC.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

We have been trying to cancel a membership with Anytime Fitness in Roswell, GA since my husband moved to Miami. It was much easier for him to get a new driver's license. They keep asking for different documents to make it a painful exercise. In the meantime, they of course take your money for a service that is not used. I will never use them again in the future.

Hello,
    We regret to hear your experience with ABC Fitness Solutions, LLC was not a satisfactory one. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post.

Please feel free to email our member support team with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

ABC Fitness Solutions, LLC