1.08/5
Based on 37 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

164 ABC Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 17, 2018

My husband has sent our freaking CLOSING DOCS and 2 utility bills to show that we’ve moved 2 hours from the gym and they keep asking for more proof. It’s insane. WE MOVED. WE SENT THE THINGS YOU ASKED FOR. STOP TAKING MONEY OUT, YOU CRIMINALS. We have two baby boys to feed and no money to hand over to an unscrupulous financial company!!! I’m furious!!!

Hello

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 11, 2018

I've went to about 3 different gyms in the past 5 years, and unfortunately they all dealt with ABC Financial. I have tried to get around ABC getting their sticky filthy fingers on my financial information but it seems impossible, and I'm sick of it. This last gym which I've been with for 3 months now is supposed to be $20 dollars a month. ABC Financial has already made $100 in these three months. Claiming that the funds weren't available when I know they were. I just called to cancel with ABC, because I am sick and tired of them stealing my money. If you read this DO NOT sign any contract with these hoodlums.

Hello Jean

ABC Financial Services

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 10, 2018

ABC Financial/Club Metro USA gym canceled my gym member on 01/22/2018 for no reason. However, Club Metro/ABC Financial is still billing me to this day! I signed up for my gym membership in 11/27/2017 and it took Club Metro over 3-4 weeks to get me my gym card to check. I think that I did not have access to the gyms until 01-01-2018. I paid my sign up fee, first month, and enhancement fee. I made all of my payments on time. Club Metro canceled my membership and denied me access to all their facilities.

On 01-22-2018, Club Metro canceled my gym. I had access to the gyms for about 3 weeks. HOWEVER, ABC FINANCIAL IS STILL BILLING ME TO THIS DAY!!! I spoke to the employee at Club Metro and he told me that they ABC FINANCIAL does this to a lot of their members! In addition, this company has a 96% negative rating on BBB. This company is deploying very aggressive billing and collection practices that appear to border on outright fraud. I think someone needs to look into ABC Financial's business, billing and collection practices.

Hello,

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me at cherette.tyler@abcfinancial.com with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: July 5, 2018

I signed up for a gym membership with my credit card then when my first payment is put through I get charged a nsf because ABC Financial looks like a suspicious charge? Way to rip off customers. Can’t be very good if credit card companies deem you suspicious.

ABC Financial Services

Original review: May 28, 2018

I joined Gold's Gym a year or two ago. There were no issues until Hurricane Harvey. Our home was destroyed in the flooding and we were forced to move to another area. After we were able to gather our thoughts and find a place to live that was not wet and covered with sewage we started to put together our lives. Gold's Gym wasn't the highest priority but we needed to cancel the memberships since we were located in the next town over and by the time I get off work and make my way to the general area, pick up my disabled wife and then pick up my son from school there is no way I can make it all the way over to the Gold's Gyms in my area.

Anyone who lives in Houston understand the traffic can make a short distance turn into an hour's drive. It wasn't just the inconvenience of the situation, it was also the financial burden it added to our family. After losing our homes, my daughter's car being destroyed by a hit and run driver, my son's high school being destroyed and my daughter's college being destroyed too, we thought that any community based business would understand our plight and help us. Maybe even have a heart? That didn't happen. Gold's passed the buck over to the horrible company that have hired to harass and treat their customers like garbage. They are called ABC Financial and have since found them on the net for being shady rip-off artists.

A massive disaster that destroyed a large portion of a major city obviously wasn't a good enough excuse to get out of our contract and thankfully we called when we did because they were getting ready to renew our membership without even asking. Here is the real KICKER. The woman I talked to, Jasmine **, wouldn't even allow me to stop them from renewing my UNDERAGE SON'S membership. MY SON, who is 16 years old and is not old enough to be held accountable for these sorts of contracts. He was added as my son, he is underage, his entire account is linked to mine and my credit card pays his monthly fee. But Jasmine said that she would not stop the renewal of my son's account until he called and did the cancellation himself. This isn't even legal.

I am my son's legal guardian. I want to know how many other people have been taken advantage of by these companies especially people who are vulnerable after natural disasters, health problems, etc. and how many times they have tried to make a minor sign up for adult memberships. There is no way that is legal and is unethical. Not to mention, kicking your community when it's already down doesn't make me want to ever suggest their business to anyone, ever. I will tell them to run the other way. This is inexcusable and I want out of my contract. And I want my children let out as well. Consumer Protection at the Attorney General's office in Texas will be hearing about this shortly if it's not fixed. And if any of this mess touches my credit I will hire an attorney. Haven't we been through enough since Harvey?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ABC Financial Services?

Original review: May 25, 2018

I contacted my gym last month to cancel my membership only to be informed they can’t actually handle that themselves. They gave me a 1-800 number. Whenever I called them to cancel - surprise surprise - she couldn’t help me either. She gave me an email address to contact. I email the company - where she informs me that I have to pay 108? Why 108 you ask - for enhancement fees (which I won’t be using) and my membership fee (which has increased since I stopped my automatic draft).

Well a month later - I check my bank account - and they have withdrawn $127. What happened to the 108? And how are you still drafting from an account that I have written proof I said you no longer had permission to draft from? I have received numerous phone calls (all saved on my answering machine) requesting new card info for my membership. Which I canceled!!! Stay far away from this company - I am contacting an attorney. Funny thing is reading all these complaints - she said an email was adequate to cancel. Yet they are telling others it has to be certified. But no worries ABC - I have those saved as well. My lawyer will be in touch.

Original review: May 18, 2018

They have been charging me for months for a gym that closed. Cancelled the account and asked for a refund. They gave me a name and phone number that goes right to voice mail - no greeting, no indication it's the right contact.

Original review: April 14, 2018

They said they closed my account but they continued to charge me until they received the next month last payment. Why should we have to pay a final payment when I am not using the gym? They suck. Don't join their gym. Buyer be aware. Go to L.A. Fitness.

Hello Luis

Per the terms of your agreement you signed with The Edge Fitness, cancellations require a 30 day notice and you are responsible for any payments that fall within that timeframe. Therefore depending on when your request is sent, you may be required to make a final payment.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I moved from Ohio to Florida, I knew I was still in my 12-month contract with my gym so I called them after I moved. I knew I still had to pay what I had due for the 12 months and that was fine but was reassured when I called that my membership would be canceled after I moved. I wasn't and was still pulling from my account every month. Following that I tried to send my cancellation letter and that also never stopped it.

The only option I had left for them to stop taking money for a gym I wasn't even going to anymore was to stop the payment from my bank and now they are coming after me for the money I still owe them as they continue to charge me. So not only do they make the cancellation process absurdly difficult and annoying, when it doesn't work, you will still be charged every month. I have been in Florida almost a year now and I'm still being charged for my gym membership in Ohio. Do not use anything with ABC Financial. They obviously will take your money regardless if they have the authorization to do so or not.

Hello Kyle

Cancellation requests must be sent via certified mail in order to process. Do you have the tracking number from the request you sent as we do not have a record of receiving it?

Original review: April 10, 2018

I signed up for 1 year. I Paid for 1 year, had cancer & surgery and still I'm being hounded for the 3 months dues after contract ended. If I would have wanted a 2 year contract the dues would have been much less. I signed for 1 year, paid for 1 year & this company ABC is ruthless & harassing. Stay far away & don't join any of their gyms. "You simply can't get out of their deceiving contracts!"

Original review: April 10, 2018

I tried to cancel my membership after the 1 year I had signed up for was over. I called the gym, the gym told me I need to cancel through their parent company ABC Financial. ABC Financial told me I need to cancel through them. It seems they have rigged the system so I am unable to cancel?

James,

In order to cancel your membership, a 30 day written notice sent via regular or certified mail is required. Your account must be current and you are responsible for any payments that fall within the 30 day period. Please send request to:

ABC Financial Services, LLC
PO Box 6800

Sherwood, AR 72124

Original review: April 6, 2018

Last year I sent a certified letter to ABC Financials because I wanted out of my contract with Gold's Gym. Both my mother and I spoke to someone (representing the company). She informed us that if we wrote a letter all would be taken care of. I’ve been charged since then EACH MONTH. Both my mom and I received harassing calls today letting us know we each owe 1,400 a piece. How?? If I sent the certified letter why are we still stuck in a contract that is now in collections. The lady that called was so beyond rude. She informed me it was going straight against our credit. I’m calling the Attorney General. This company is bogus. They do everything in their power to make life difficult. I’m reporting them. I want to know who’s allowing this?

Original review: April 5, 2018

I went through the effort to create an account on this website just to make this review to warn people how AWFUL this company is! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! I had no idea my gym would make me cancel through a third party (or that a 30 day notice was required), but turns out they sent me the email for this place when I had to cancel.

I was being harassed by one of the personal trainers at my gym and thus went to cancel my membership. I explained my reasoning yet this company responded with what seemed to be an automatic message (because I made multiple attempts at explaining why I need my membership cancelled ASAP) and the message was the same every time... "You must give 30 days notice before cancelling, therefore you will be billed until May 2." So, they still made me pay for an additional month despite the circumstances. I'm furious, mostly because the customer service was TERRIBLE. They took days to respond to my emails and were not willing to help at all but rather copy/pasted the same email back to me. I will make sure to never again join a gym that involves this company.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Unfortunately I am forced to leave this review due to the incredible hoops I have been forced to jump through to cancel 2 gym memberships. My wife had gone into our local Anytime Fitness in December of 2017 and cancelled with the owner, he said that we must wait 30 days for the cancellation to process. Lo and behold it is now April of 2018 and we are still being billed/charged for our memberships. I have called and left multiple messages with the gym and none of them have been returned. We have also sent a letter to the gym but have heard nothing back. I understand that ABC Financial is a mediary organization between me and the gym however they are ultimately taking my money. I would recommend staying away from any businesses that use ABC.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I never leave negative reviews unless the company is truly incompetent in following up with me about a problem and doesn't actually try to resolve the issue. After writing to Chicago Athletic Club about the letter in cancelling the membership, they requested that another email be sent, after charging me for additional 5 months since when I first initially contracted the gym (even though I never stepped foot in the gym ever again since that contact to cancel). Granted, ABC Financial was not the incompetent advisor and front desk staff at the gym but they have continuously failed to streamline or make any protocols to make the cancellation process understood. It's one thing to acknowledge that you won't take responsibility but it's really ruthless to continue to take advantage of customers took time after time. I will never join a gym membership because of this experience!

Hello S.K.

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number that is listed on your account so that I may look into this for you.

Original review: March 28, 2018

This company exists solely to shift responsibility from gyms and gym owners and vice versa. Their main protocol requires that you MAIL A LETTER to them and/or the gym where you are a member (most likely 30 days in advance -- which may or may not be told to you by the gym owner) so that you may cancel your membership. They will most likely still charge you that last payment, or, as I can see here, continue to charge you regardless. All I can say is that any organization like this, in 2018 no less, that requires you to physically mail a letter to them to cancel a simple gym membership is up to no good. You can even register online through their site to see all your information that you CANNOT change. So you can SEE your account online, unsuccessfully "manage" it, but in order to cancel it -- you must send a physical letter? Makes total sense. Avoid any gym that uses these card sharks as their payment processor.

Original review: March 27, 2018

This company handles the billing for the gym I was a member at. After canceling my membership I was still billed $25 a month to my card on file for another 6 months. When I called to find out what was going on and why I've been charged for a gym membership I canceled 6 months ago they said they had no record of the cancellation and if I wanted to cancel it again I would need to pay an additional $50! How is it that I was overbilled for 6 months at $150 and they still want $50 to cancel the membership again and refused to cancel it until I paid the $50 when I have no contract with the gym. What a scam! So now I've paid them $200 for a gym membership that I haven't used in 7 months and should have been canceled in the first place. Stay away from any gym that uses this company! They are thieves that threaten to send you to collections if you don't give them more money.

ABC Financial Services response
We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and make sure your situation was handled properly.

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me at Cherette.Tyler@abcfinancial.com with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number that is listed on your account so that I may look into this for you

Original review: March 22, 2018

Avoid anything with this company if possible! They’re the company who deals with my gym's payments and if you’re signing up they’re more than helpful. If you try to cancel they make you jump through hoops! I haven’t used my gym in over two years because due to personal issues and have tried to cancel it on more than one occasion. Unfortunately the gym I have was of no help either.

In order to cancel your account you have to HAND WRITE and SEND a letter to this financial institution and it’s supposedly reviewed. During that 30 day waiting game you’re obligated to pay whatever payments are listed even though you’re canceling! On top of that ridiculous letter you’re required to pay a 65 dollar fee and 65% or the remaining balance of your contract. Which is fine but why make this process so difficult? They don’t care about their customers at all in my opinion, and truly don’t understand that things happen in life. They just want your money! Just make a judgment based off all the awful reviews! SAVE YOUR STRESS AND AVOID THEM!

ABC Financial Services response

Original review: March 17, 2018

My girlfriend and I had a gym membership to a gym that closed their doors for good after a water pipe broke... If that wasn't headache enough they took it upon themselves to transfer the membership to a gym neither of us were going to go to. We had no choice but to pay the month's cancellation fee which would have been fine if that was the end of the story. It's now March and we were just charged yet again for a membership that should have been closed months ago even after talking to a "Dave" from ABC Financial. The new gym they transferred us to said we can't cancel through them and to contact this company once again... Can you say runaround. This company is a joke and anyone looking for a gym stay away from a place that uses them and if you're a gym owner do your customers a favor and don't use them unless you're a crook like they are.

Hello

We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make your situation was handled properly. Could you please email your 9 digit agreement number or home phone number listed on the account to cherette.tyler@abcfinancial.com so this matter may be researched further?

Original review: March 16, 2018

It's nothing but a headache to try to cancel with ABC! They're super easy to deal with if you're signing up to give them monthly payments but when you go to cancel - it's a whole other ballpark! Plus being charged another month? This company doesn't care about being a reputable honest company, they only care about taking your money!

Hello

Original review: March 13, 2018

DO NOT USE A GYM BY THIS COMPANY. I began working out at a gym while living in North Dakota and had fairly a pleasant experience with it. I switched to a schedule that made it hard to work out, but I didn't mind because I understood that I signed the contract. When I decided to move back to my home state of Michigan, I was assured by the manager of my gym that once I moved, I would be able to cancel the membership without any problems, because the location I was moving to was over 30 miles from any gyms. With this in mind, I moved back to Michigan. I have been back here since 1/13/18, and have been fighting to get my account closed since. I moved back in with my parents as I finish my last bit of school, making proving my residency difficult.

Hello Devin

I apologize you are having difficulty cancelling your membership with Anytime Fitness. Students may submit a copy of their class schedule on letterhead along with a copy of a paid tuition receipt. If you have this information, please submit to customercare@abcfinancial.com so your cancellation request may be processed.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Beware!!! If you use any gym that uses ABC Financial they will charge you 2 months fee once you cancel your membership which is absurd. To cancel your membership, you need to send a certified letter, and I did provide one, but you have to have a permanent disability! I have Lupus, and my Immune system is attacking all of my glands such as my pituitary, ovaries, thyroid, and adrenal glands. I am physically too weak to work out at the gym, but they obviously don't care!

I am a senior in high school that doesn’t have a reliable job, I just babysit. I basically support myself, except for paying rent. I don't have the time or money to use the gym. I have medical bills I have to pay! I also don't want my credit to be ruined when I am only 17!!! This is not a system you want to have to deal with. I got hit with late fees because they took my credit card off the system, and then I was told that once I put my card back on, the payments will go down from 59.99 to 39.99 which was the original amount my membership was a month, but that didn't happen. Now I am being told it can go to a collection agency, but I paid all that I owe, but they refuse to let me cancel my membership!

Hello,

Effective March 10, 2018, your account has been cancelled with nothing further due. We believe this satisfies your request.

ABC Financial Services

Original review: March 5, 2018

Beware: If you use any gym that uses ABC Financial they will charge you 2 months fee once you cancel your membership. To cancel your membership, you need to send a certified letter! This is not a system you want to have to deal with. I got hit with late fees because they took my credit card off the system! Now I am being told it can go to a collection agency! Disaster!

Data Research Analyst

ABC Financial Services, Inc.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I was charged $49.49 and tried to cancel my membership. I was told by Become Fitness to contact ABC Financial Services to cancel my membership. When I tried to contact them they said my account wasn't found despite giving them the card number that I paid with. When I went to call them a second time an automated voice told me that there were multiple accounts with my name. Then told me that they were closed and to try again tomorrow.

Jon,
We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial was not a satisfactory one. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make sure your situation was handled properly.
Unfortunately, we were not able to locate your account. Please email our team at membersupport@abcfinancial.com with either your 9 digit member number or the phone number listed on your account so that we may look into this for you.

ABC Financial Services

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I made a contract with this company for the Edge Gym and has send a notification email to have it canceled in November 30 days before and wasn't charged for that month, thinking everything was ok I went on with my life and took a vacation to then see that they made 3 different transactions on me the next month and still never cancelled it and pretending that I had only cancelled it in January and they supposedly never got my email from November even though I sent them proof that I did, they said that they supposedly only got one of my messages. I could only imagine the training that this company gives its employees, here's a book of lies you will say this, this and this and you will gain us more money either if it's wrong or right.

Yerison,

ABC Financial Services

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

This is a third party crooked company that handles billing accounts for gyms. I started an account with Gold's Gym back in October 2014, little did I know what a pain ABC Financial would be! When canceling, this company will do everything it can, not to hold onto your cancellation - They don't even give or email you a cancellation code! I spoke to a woman named Esmerelda yesterday from ABC Financial, as I saw I had a charge from their company on my bank statement. Even though I canceled over a year ago, she said they never got the cancellation request, she then redirected me to a non-working number to get in touch with a manager to cancel it.

Since that number she provided me did not work, I called the gym closest to me and called their manager. Of course, they gave me conflicting information and told me ABC Financial is supposed to cancel it, however, this kind of thing happens ALL THE TIME and as a result, they get calls from understandably angry customers. I spoke to the manager and he said he would do me a favor and cancel it, however, even though we are in 2017, he is unable to email me a confirmation of the cancellation.

So, I am taking it upon myself to go over there and to literally freaking screenshot of that dead-gum confirmation of cancellation off of their computer, just so I can send it to ABC Financial - just because, clearly the left-hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Oh yeah, and fair warning, they will also charge you a month after, because again, even though we live in 2017, they have archaic computer systems from the 90's and "can't process it until the month after". Just another way corporations screw the customers in this crazy, corporation governed country. I hope Gold's Gym loses customers. I honestly have no sympathy for any company that uses the services of ABC Financial!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

If you're reading this review because your gym uses ABC Financial for payments, be very careful. This company has designed its partner relationships so that they're not required to send any membership data on things like cancellations. So the two entities essentially don't communicate. This way, they can continue to charge you until you notice (in spite of having gone in-person to cancel at your gym). Then when you call and email, they fill the air with "I'm sorry for the inconvenience" throughout bedrock-level customer service. Then once you they admit defeat and for a cancellation, they claim it's pending and takes 30 days so they can squeeze one more payment out of you. Honestly, gyms like Workout World should be ashamed for ever having partnered with ABC Financial as they are clearly thieves leveraging a broken system. Hopefully there's some kind of class action lawsuit in the future.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

After nearly 2 years of paid membership, I decided to cancel since I wasn't using the gym (Become Fitness). I went to the gym in person and canceled my membership. Even though my monthly membership had JUST renewed, they refused to pro-rate it, so I paid for the entire month of September (something other subscription-based companies NEVER do. They ALWAYS pro-rate). Then I was told their printers "weren't working" so they couldn't give me a copy of the cancellation - so I asked them to give me the original copy because I needed proof of the cancellation. That was September 6th. It's now over 2 months later and after emailing a scanned copy of the cancellation THREE times, they still claim my membership was never cancelled.

The staff is completely irresponsible and incompetent OR they are trained to conduct dishonest business practices on purpose, hoping to extort as much money as possibly from people who are too busy or weak to fight back. My credit card company already processed the charge reversal after I sent them a copy of the signed cancellation. It's there in black & white. Why can't the company themselves see that the cancellation was done 2 months ago? Because they're dishonest. This company should be fined or shut down.P. S. I will NOT under ANY circumstances pay them a penny at this point.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I was as a member in Al’s Westbury before. After shut down this all members were sent to World Gym on East Meadow. So I join with them. I do not like this gym. I do not know why. I went to there on October 5 this month. I was requested to write a letter that mention the reason why I cancel the subscription. I wrote a letter and gave it to a skinny lady were standing in counter the time I went. She came to me. Said, “No problem cancelling your membership but you require to pay 99 dollars because it is in our terms.” I do not expect this. I said to them, “I do not have money now. Send me letter I pay the amount.” They said, “No problem. We will mail you the cancellation notice with bill.” Meanwhile I hold my bank account linked with account to be charged to avoid overdraft fee. That time my account balance was not enough.

On October 30 I received a call. A lady talked to me and she said make a payment of 99 + 22.99 for the October month. I said I cannot because I was asked to pay 99 dollars only the time I cancelled membership. Then she said go to World Gym to make payment. I went there after 30 min to make payment. Same skinny lady was grinding something for 15 min in front of me. She did whatever she wanted even I am waiting there for some help. She came and told me 99 + 22.99. I said, “What did you say? Last time I was here 99. Why did you add more.” She replied then, “It is cancellation request for 30 days. It is one month fee. You should pay this amount too.” I said no way. Then she called manager. He came and want to make a payment of 99.

I gave them 100 bills. She gave me 1 dollar. She gave me receipt of 99 dollars. There were nothing about why I made this payment. I asked them give me a receipt it describes that amount is been charged for cancellation. She wrote something by her hand. I said, “No. You go with your terms. As a valued customer I have to maintain my records.” They gave me nothing and manager told her to, “Return his money. We will send you cheque.” I received my money and came outside. Called ABC Financial Services. A lady picked up my call and she said, “You should pay all money otherwise we report to credit bureau.” I am so desperate with their merciless activities. I advise you guys it is not such a place to improve your structure. They might disrupt your mind when you have issue. Be aware.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Omg! I have been out of the country for a month and have now been hit with a barrage of constant, urgent calls about a month to month gym membership, saying I missed my payment 9/28... Ok I am livid! Harassing and stressing me for Tapout fitness!! I have to cancelled my membership. Ridiculous!

ABC Financial Services Company Information