1.17/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

189 ABC Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My husband canceled his membership within 3 days of getting it, which the people at the actual gym said to send ABC a letter and a cancellation form that you print. We wrote the letter and the form and sent it on the 2nd day, which was a Sunday. They claim they've never received the letter so the best they can do is take off the late charges and keep the $200 due. He never used the membership, he went through everything he was told to do and called a few weeks later to see if it was received with the customer service person telling him to check back in another few weeks. Don't work with them. They steal from people, they have horrible customer service, and they lie and say they never received a letter they threw away.

Hello,
We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make sure your situation was handled properly.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I am very surprised that the management in this gym has no compassion. I wanted to cancel my membership because of a medical condition and all they are offering me is to freeze my membership. I have to get a surgery on my shoulder and also have some spine related issues. I was advised to bring my doctor's note saying that I will not be able to work out for six months which I brought. Even then the manager is offering to freeze the membership.

My membership contract finishes in five month and my doctor's note shows that I will not be able to come to gym for six months. If my remaining contract is for five months and I am told that I cannot go to gym for six months then why my contract cannot be canceled? I have to go to rehab for a long time after surgery not to the gym. I would be getting in touch with Department Of Consumers Affairs in New York to seek some assistance and I don't recommend this gym to anyone. All they want to do is to lock you up in their complicated contracts without any compassion.

Hello,

Get expert buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I signed up for a 1 year membership knowing I would be signed up for auto renewal. I went down to gym in person and filled out the paperwork to cancel membership and stop automatic withdraw from bank on 8/30. On 10/1 and 10/30 they withdrew $40 each time, then on 11/4 and 11/10 they withdrew another $60 each time. I will be changing banks on Monday and can't wait for them to call...

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

This business is scum. Not only do they somehow find your bank account details and directly take money from there, they tell you the rate is around $20/mo but take out close to $50/mo without any explanation. I have emailed them several times over the last few weeks without any response. BUYER BEWARE.

Hello Jerry,

We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me at cherette.tyler@abcfinancial.com with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Retro Fitness of Oceanside, NY and ABC FINANCIAL SERVICES are both scam artists!! If I could give ZERO stars - I would!! First off - SCAM. My credit card numbers were in someone else’s account and after $336.89 in charges on someone’s else’s account, Retro Fitness and their third party account memberships management, ABC Financial DECLINED to issue me a refund and fix this error. I know that it was an error with their membership account services/set up and they refuse to resolve this and basically told me to, "** YOU, we are keeping your $336.89." If that’s not horrible customer service, what is?? The owners of Oceanside, NY location declined to resolve this and had ABC Financial tell me.

Apparently, ABC FINANCIAL is authorized to take our money monthly and control a membership but when there is an error, they aren’t authorized to fix it and issue a refund. Now this inconvenience has lead me to have to take legal actions and has been nothing but a headache. This is the worst customer service I have ever seen and the worst financial scam that my attorney has seen.

Beware. They offer you a deal to sign up. Then overcharge your card, their system may put your credit card info into someone else’s account and they won’t fix it. Hours of phone calls and headaches and they still refuse!!! Their offers are not worth this!!! Nothing is!!! Go to Blink Fitness or NY Sports Club!!! They would never scam like Retro Fitness has!! They could have refunded me and I wouldn’t be so distraught, but they refuse to issue my money back and leave it on an account that’s not mine!!! But keep my account in past due status meanwhile my card was charged every month for 9 months!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ABC Financial Services?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I have been trying to cancel my gym membership since January 2018 with no luck. I was under contract when I tried to cancel which was fine. I asked the rep at ABC Financial to make sure that my account was not set to auto-renew but to leave the account alone until the end of my contract. Fast forward to October 2018, I see the annual fee come out of my bank. I called and the woman I spoke to said that she would start an "investigation" to see if I qualify to have the annual fee refunded and it would take 3-5 business days and to check for an email from them. I told them that I did not care about the monthly fee that was already paid for Oct, I just wanted the annual fee refunded.

I waited 8 days and did not receive an email so I called again. I was told that I am responsible for the fee even though it is for a year that I will not have the membership as I have already cancelled. This rep sent me to a supervisor who told me that she will be doing another "investigation" to pull the original call from January to see if I really did tell them to take my account off of auto-renew. This again will take "3-5 business days." This is absolutely ridiculous. I am done chasing a resolution. Someone needs to get this resolved. As long as ABC Financial handles 10Gyms accounts, I will never renew my membership with them.

Hello Jessica

Resolution response: Oct. 30, 2018

The consultant was able to work with me and after some time and call reviews, resolve the issue.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I have been attempting to cancel my membership to Anytime Fitness for MONTHS and keep getting charged. I first called the gym. They told me, over the phone, it was no problem, my membership was cancelled. I got billed again. I called ABC Financial and they told me to contact the gym. I did. Again, they apologized and told me it was cancelled. I called ABC Financial again and was told that typically the membership has to be cancelled in writing. The worker said she would review the case, refer it to her supervisor to have the previous phone record transcribed. I believe I received a call back from her but was at work and unable to answer.

I called ABC financial back today and was told I owe 60+ dollars. That's my $40 membership fee plus a fee for missed payment. I had to close my bank account and open a new one so it would stop getting charged. I finally received the email that I've had to email to cancel. This could have been handled months ago if that is what I had been told. If this is not resolved, I will be forced to take legal action.

Hello Amiel

ABC Financial Services

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Beware of ABC Financial's fee of $19.99 for any time your debit card is declined. They put it in their contract but it's still abusive and unfair. They are expending nothing extra for running a computerized charge of your card and extra time but they want you to pay almost a fee that is 80% of your $25 monthly membership. It's price gouging, pure and simple. I understand a late fee. I even understand an extravagant late fee but paid on the day after it's due when you run it through again is sadistic.

Hello Mary,

ABC Financial Services

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

The Edge Fitness and ABC Financial have no integrity whatsoever. I signed up for a 12-month membership knowing I was going to be moving to an apartment with a free gym before the 12 months expired. When I originally tried to cancel I was told that I could not do so. I called about four months later to find out the exact date I could cancel my membership at which point I was informed I had actually been enrolled in a 24-month agreement, without my knowledge, but that I could buy out the contract.

I was then told that, on top of the buyout fee, I would need to pay the next month's membership fee which happened to fall on a month where an additional $50 fee was charged. I asked if this could be waived as I have not been to the gym for over four months but of course I was advised that the company could not waive the fee. In essence, what I was told was that the company would prefer not to waive the fee because it would rather take more of my money that it did not deserve than do the right thing and correct its mistake. DO NOT JOIN THIS GYM.

Hello Michael

ABC Financial Services

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I was suddenly relocated because of my job and attempted to cancel my membership several times. I initially was told to send in a letter stating I wanted to cancel so I did that, after moving I switched banks and payments continued to be attempted to be processed from my old account. I received phone calls from ABC and after the first conversation they told me I could just mail them the letter but I could not cancel over the phone which is insane. So I did that and still was bombarded by phone calls. After talking to someone again they told me that they couldn't process a cancellation at all. I can't believe a company is allow to pull this and just continue to charge me when I have begged to cancel. AT THIS POINT I AM GOING TO FILE A REPORT WITH THE BBB.

ABC Financial Services response

Hello Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me at cherette.tyler@abcfinancial.com with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

Colleen,

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

An annual charge for $39 was due on 9/1/18. The company had difficulty charging my card, but was successful on 9/12/18. In addition to the $39, there was a Late Fee of $9.50 and a Service Fee of $19.50 tacked on, making the total successful charge to my Credit Card $68.00. I don't feel I should be financially penalized for the company's difficulty. They obviously resolved it. A Grace Period is standard practice. On 9/15/18 they successfully charged my normal monthly fee.

Hello Marylou,

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I had been a faithful member of my gym since I joined in July 2017. In July 2018 I obtained a new job about 2.5 hrs away. I attempted to cancel in person on 7/5 and was told to call ABC Financial. I submitted my notice of cancellation, sent in a copy of my new lease and paid what I thought would be my last month’s membership on 7/10. I received a confirmation email and heard nothing else. When I checked my account status I saw that I was still going to be charged on 8/10. I called and the customer service rep said that she would remove my billing information and that I would not be charged as they looked to resolve what the issue was. Then I began receiving calls and texts from the gym about my unpaid balance and they began to call my wife (a non-member) as well.

When I finally emailed ABC Financial again (this time CCing the gym) on 8/21 the gym contacted ABC Financial for me to make sure that I received a response. When ABC Financial did respond I was told there was an issue with the attachment in the email I sent on 7/10. After resubmitting the proof that I had moved I was told that my date of cancellation would be registered as 8/22 and I was still responsible for the full payments from 8/10 and 9/10 as well as the cancellation fee rather than the charges I would have paid if my cancellation date would have been registered as 7/10. To make matters worse this also applies to my son who is an add-on to my membership.

Xavier,

We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me at cherette.tyler@abcfinancial.com with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

The customer service reps with ABC Financial Services are unapologetic, do not follow up and sound like they read their responses from a textbook. I have a fitness membership and pay my dues with my debit card, automatically. ABC Financial Services handles the charges. I had my personal information stolen in April 2018. I had to cancel all debit/credit card information and complete new payment information for my gym membership. Because this paperwork happened when my monthly dues were to be charged, ABC automatically charged me a late fee (I pay religiously every month). I was not aware there was a 90 day window to dispute this charge - I noticed the additional charge in August 2018 (when our annual gym dues are charged; so I was looking back at previous charges).

I contacted the gym and they informed me all financial issues are to go through ABC Financial. I contacted them on 8/14/18 and spoke with Melinta (MEN) - she put me on/off hold for 20 minutes. She finally said she can look into it and follow up with me within 3-4 days. Fast forward to today (8/28/18). No one followed up with me. I contacted ABC Financial and spoke with Amanda. She said there were no follow up notes. She said there is nothing further she can do. I asked to speak with a supervisor - she transferred me to Jessica. Again, Jessica regurgitated their policy and said there is nothing more she can do. I asked why her company policy is not listed at the gym nor provided to us when late charges are incurred. She did not have a firm answer. I am appalled at the lack of interest for their customers, especially those who have been paying month-after-month, on time and have their personal information stolen.

Heather,

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I've tried to cancel my membership repeatedly now, I originally signed up for a One Year up-front cost agreement I got in the mail. (Boy was I wrong) That was April of 2017, I thought my membership expired April of 2018...like any normal person would, well it's now late August and have been getting charge this whole time which I did not notice because I use my credit card regularly. I work 55 hours a week therefore don't have the time or energy to go to the gym and didn't even think I had a membership anymore anyways. Well that's not the case with this company, since noticing the maintenance fee email I tried to cancel with ABC. They told me to go to my club, Aspire to cancel. Aspire said, “We can't cancel your membership because you have a balance on your account.”

Ok well, call ABC back and explain I was unaware of the automatic enrollment after the year ended and just was just asking if they could do me this favor and waive the maintenance club fee to bring me to Zero so I can just be on my way. That is not the case, the 2 customer service associates I talked to were basically repeating the same rebuttals one might find in a rolodex of ways to get off the phone and not do anything about it!! NO compassion, just simply pay us or we will just keep charging your account on file, which seems somewhat illegal to me. Capital One's dispute person was also on the line with me but ABC Didn't know that.

I'm now on my 3rd account number with Cap 1, yes 3rd account because ABC, and Aspire like to keep you running in circles so they can collect as many maintenance and club fees as possible. They make it seem like their contract is so binding that it will take an act of God to get out of...well maybe it's something the Feds need to look into because I'm in Ohio, I believe they are in Arkansas, and repeated unauthorized charges to a credit card no matter how much the amount I believe crosses the line into theft or some sort of fraudulent activity! I'm the consumer I haven't used their services yet they will not let me out of my 1 year contract I initially signed up for that expired back in April...proceed at your own risk, I just wonder how many others have experienced the same?

Brian,

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I cancelled through my Gym, Emerald City in Everett WA. First I was told I would be billed on the 1st GUARANTEED!!! 3 months in a row, they have BOUNCED my checking account! 2 months they have taken 4 times the amount of my checking account. If your gym insists on using them DO NOT JOIN! They are thieves and liars. Someone should be in jail!

Michael,

ABC Financial Services

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I was a member at EOS Gym for a few years, had no issues with this company until I wanted to cancel my membership. I called them to cancel on June 8th 2018 and was told it would take 30 days, for what I don't know, and I would have to pay the next month's dues and would have gym access until July 8th. I told the woman, "I have to pay for the next month even though I'm not going to be here to use it?" Since it was $9.99, I wasn't going to argue. I don't understand why the 30 day wait, so they can get a few more bucks out of you? This was June 2018, then I see a charge for $34.95 from them in August. WTH?? Right before I cancelled in June I just paid the 59.00 membership fee or whatever it is.

I called them and they had no record of me calling on my account. What company does that? I asked for the supervisor who was willing to help me, I'll give them that. She said she would have to pull up the recorded calls and listen to them to see what transpired. While she did manage to see there was a phone call, I pulled up my phone records and saw that I made 2 calls on June 8. How is it the 1st person could not see I called, but the supervisor can find it? I did get an email from them that they would refund my $34.95 and that's great, but why so much hassle?

I would not want to work for a company like that knowing these business practices affect people like this and second you couldn't pay me enough to work with all the complaints and tell someone there's no record of a call...I would be so embarrassed. One last thing, if a company sees all of these same complaints, why don't they stop with these business practices? One would think that if a company's integrity was in question, they would want to fix it. I guess a buck rules over good business practices. No more gym memberships for me.

Catherine,

ABC Financial Services

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I went to gym (Retro Fitness) on 7/20/18. To cancel my membership. I was told I had to MAIL a letter to cancel. And it would take 21 days. And that my next month's charge will come in at a time where I’d still be responsible for it. I said ok if I have to pay one more month. I mailed in letter on 7/25. On 8/2 not only was I charged for my final month but then $55 for the following year's maintenance fee. I will not be a member there after a couple of weeks let alone a year. I called to get a refund. They told me no. That any charges that occur during that period I had to pay. A charge for services to be rendered over the next year when I’m not gonna be a member is crazy. I asked to speak with a Manager who said same thing, "I’m sorry but...I’m sorry but..." These companies are stealing. That is flat out stealing. Knowingly charging me money for services I will not receive. Next stop B.B.B.

Jamie,

ABC Financial Services

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I have been behind payments on multiple accounts and have had to prioritize my accounts. While I praise ABC for not referring my account to a debt collector for several months, I called them yesterday when I had cash in my account for the first time in a while. I specifically instructed them NOT to withdraw from my account and I would bring my account up to balance later. They said they wouldn’t do so and had erased my bank info or something anyways because they hadn’t been able to withdraw multiple times as I’d placed a full hold on my bank account.

Today I call my bank and they say they’re withdrawing 140 from my account??? How tf is this possible when they JUST told me they didn’t have my info and couldn’t withdraw if they wanted to??? Wtf??? I HATE this kind of behavior when people draw cash out of your account when YOU CANNOT AFFORD IT! I have medical and other bills to pay now. I would happily settle the debt with a collection agency in time but I cannot pay right now! So incredibly corrupt ABC!

Hello Elliott,

ABC Financial Services

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I've called them about 6 times in the last 4 months with payment problems. Each time I call I get a different person with a different story. They'll tell me to call back and they'll be able to help me the next day to wait for the payment to process and I'll call back, and they tell me they can't do that. This has happened about 3 times now. They pull the payments at random times, and they obviously don't have consistent procedures. Someone tells me I can pay with them for a service fee and a different person tells me they can waive the fee. I'm beyond done and over their BS. The representatives are nice, but when I get 100 different answers to the same question in the same day at the same company, there's a HUGE issue. I'm not very happy with my experience with them.

Hello Frediyka,

ABC Financial Services

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

This company does nothing to help their consumers. I have a membership with a gym they manage and I’ve had so many issues with them that now they won’t allow me to cancel because they are not able to charge my card. I signed up for a personal trainer but after an injury I was not able to continue. Now they are telling me I cannot cancel and are sending me to collections. The second is that apparently they were not able to collect for my childcare which they had the same card to charge the gym monthly. They make excuses to not be able to charge and then boom they want you to pay a crazy amount if you want to cancel.

Hello Alejandra,

ABC Financial Services

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I moved out of the area and submitted my first request to cancel account 3 months ago, but it never got canceled. They kept charging my card every month. I finally fed up with them and blocked my card from charging and will write letter to Attorney General about their shady practices. I would not recommend to sign up with any gym that uses ABC for their processing services. These guys should not be in business. I noticed that they keep responding with a message that says member ID was not found.

Hello,

We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me with your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

ABC Financial Services

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I have recently moved 9 miles away from the club as well as fulfilled my contract term with them. When I contacted Anytime Fitness to cancel my contract they informed me I needed to contact ABC Financial. ABC Financial told me that my contract automatically renews every year and that the I must provide a written Certified letter to them providing 30 day’s notice to cancel and further I would be responsible for the remaining term on the contract at 65% of the remaining months. They stated that if I had moved 10 miles away instead of 9, they could have let me out for free. This is the most ridiculous policy. The auto renew of the contract is a terrible way to conduct business as well. The original contract is one thing, but then auto renewing the contract further locking you into something you may or may not want. I’m furious right now.

Further, I spoke to a gentleman named Diego at ABC Financial and he lied to me stating he had called the Anytime Fitness that I was going to, and spoke with the manager there, that the manager is the only one who could help me. Diego told me to take it up with the club as they don’t handle any waivers to their policies. The reason I know he lied to me is that I’m at the club and nobody is there. Further I know the manager and he informed me that nobody from ABC Financial had reached out to him. I am so angry that they can just take our hard earned money like this. I will never go back to Anytime Fitness, and further I will tell everyone I know not to sign up with them. What horrible business practices. However, the manager at Anytime Fitness is a great person.

Updated on 08/15/2018: I recently wrote a review about this company. The company responded to ask for my account information to look into my complaint. 10 days later they write me back and don’t even address my initial complaint. Now we are two weeks in with no resolution. They just run you around to make it look like they’re working on a resolution.

Hello,

We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

ABC Financial Services

Original review: July 30, 2018

ABC Financial: Health Club and Gym Management Software - This company represents a company that had an employee arrested for beating a woman. When I discussed the fact they contacted my minor child informing him of the arrest and subsequent information, they explained it was set up that way. My son is a minor. No company can justify what has happened. They also are claiming they cannot let me out of my contract even though my son worked individually with the man that was arrested. Obviously there are always cases that they should work individually to resolve. If ever there was one, this is the one where you would allow the parent out of a contract. Especially since the company didn't hold up their end of the contract.

ABC Financial Services

Original review: July 29, 2018

My wife and I requested our gym membership to be frozen in May, since we like to work out outside in the summer months. They said they could freeze it for 90 days, but that we'd have to pay one more month of membership dues before the freeze would start. Doesn't seem right, but fine. We did that. However, even after the "freeze" (which I was told usually you still pay a monthly fee to freeze) went into effect, we were charged each month. I emailed to inquire about this and the gym manager apologize and refunded the charges. The gym and manager itself are great - it's ABC Financial Services that's the monster in all these situations.

After the last time our accounts were charged within the 90-day "freeze", we were so upset we decided to cancel. Well, there's no easy way to do this except send ABC an email and pray they'll respond - which they didn't. So, when we were charged a THIRD time during this freeze - we'd had it. I called our bank to have the charge rejected and placed a 'stop' on any future payments to ABC. I emailed them again - explaining the entire history and why they wouldn't be seeing any more of our money.

Now that the money was being rejected by the bank, they finally got in touch with us. Even though they didn't acknowledge our first communication to cancel, they apparently received it. And of course, if you want to cancel (just like the freeze) they require one more month of payments in order to do so. Now, just to be done with them, we paid what's supposed to be our final fees. But it doesn't end there. They now want $20 per account in late fees from the charges our bank rejected.

To sum things up, we haven't set foot in our gym since May 1. It's now end of July (not even 3 full months) and we've been charged over $260 in dues and fees when all we were originally hoping for was to pause on payments until the fall. I'm fairly certain this isn't the end of our woes with ABC Financial. But I just wanted to carry the banner like so many others and let people know this is an absolutely CROOKED company that accepts new members instantly, but will charge you hundreds of dollars and draw things out over many months for more money - just to cancel. DO NOT SIGN UP AT A GYM WHERE ABC FINANCIAL IS HANDLING THE FINANCIALS.

Hello Shaun,

ABC Financial Services

Original review: July 24, 2018

I see I am not the only one to subjected to these fraudulent charges. Last month we had over 1k in our business checking account, yet ABC charged us $20.50 in fees because of "an invalid card number". I'm sorry, that's theft. Invalid card numbers are a user error, or system error. Particularly when you pull the money out of the account the next month, using the same card number. I'll be filing a formal complaint with the AG office, as I'm curious to see what they think of their business practices.

Sean,

ABC Financial Services

Original review: July 17, 2018

My husband has sent our freaking CLOSING DOCS and 2 utility bills to show that we’ve moved 2 hours from the gym and they keep asking for more proof. It’s insane. WE MOVED. WE SENT THE THINGS YOU ASKED FOR. STOP TAKING MONEY OUT, YOU CRIMINALS. We have two baby boys to feed and no money to hand over to an unscrupulous financial company!!! I’m furious!!!

Hello

ABC Financial Services

Original review: July 11, 2018

I've went to about 3 different gyms in the past 5 years, and unfortunately they all dealt with ABC Financial. I have tried to get around ABC getting their sticky filthy fingers on my financial information but it seems impossible, and I'm sick of it. This last gym which I've been with for 3 months now is supposed to be $20 dollars a month. ABC Financial has already made $100 in these three months. Claiming that the funds weren't available when I know they were. I just called to cancel with ABC, because I am sick and tired of them stealing my money. If you read this DO NOT sign any contract with these hoodlums.

Hello Jean

Resolution response: July 14, 2018

Matter was resolved.

Original review: July 10, 2018

ABC Financial/Club Metro USA gym canceled my gym member on 01/22/2018 for no reason. However, Club Metro/ABC Financial is still billing me to this day! I signed up for my gym membership in 11/27/2017 and it took Club Metro over 3-4 weeks to get me my gym card to check. I think that I did not have access to the gyms until 01-01-2018. I paid my sign up fee, first month, and enhancement fee. I made all of my payments on time. Club Metro canceled my membership and denied me access to all their facilities.

On 01-22-2018, Club Metro canceled my gym. I had access to the gyms for about 3 weeks. HOWEVER, ABC FINANCIAL IS STILL BILLING ME TO THIS DAY!!! I spoke to the employee at Club Metro and he told me that they ABC FINANCIAL does this to a lot of their members! In addition, this company has a 96% negative rating on BBB. This company is deploying very aggressive billing and collection practices that appear to border on outright fraud. I think someone needs to look into ABC Financial's business, billing and collection practices.

ABC Financial Services

Original review: July 5, 2018

I signed up for a gym membership with my credit card then when my first payment is put through I get charged a nsf because ABC Financial looks like a suspicious charge? Way to rip off customers. Can’t be very good if credit card companies deem you suspicious.

ABC Financial Services

Original review: May 28, 2018

I joined Gold's Gym a year or two ago. There were no issues until Hurricane Harvey. Our home was destroyed in the flooding and we were forced to move to another area. After we were able to gather our thoughts and find a place to live that was not wet and covered with sewage we started to put together our lives. Gold's Gym wasn't the highest priority but we needed to cancel the memberships since we were located in the next town over and by the time I get off work and make my way to the general area, pick up my disabled wife and then pick up my son from school there is no way I can make it all the way over to the Gold's Gyms in my area.

Anyone who lives in Houston understand the traffic can make a short distance turn into an hour's drive. It wasn't just the inconvenience of the situation, it was also the financial burden it added to our family. After losing our homes, my daughter's car being destroyed by a hit and run driver, my son's high school being destroyed and my daughter's college being destroyed too, we thought that any community based business would understand our plight and help us. Maybe even have a heart? That didn't happen. Gold's passed the buck over to the horrible company that have hired to harass and treat their customers like garbage. They are called ABC Financial and have since found them on the net for being shady rip-off artists.

A massive disaster that destroyed a large portion of a major city obviously wasn't a good enough excuse to get out of our contract and thankfully we called when we did because they were getting ready to renew our membership without even asking. Here is the real KICKER. The woman I talked to, Jasmine **, wouldn't even allow me to stop them from renewing my UNDERAGE SON'S membership. MY SON, who is 16 years old and is not old enough to be held accountable for these sorts of contracts. He was added as my son, he is underage, his entire account is linked to mine and my credit card pays his monthly fee. But Jasmine said that she would not stop the renewal of my son's account until he called and did the cancellation himself. This isn't even legal.

I am my son's legal guardian. I want to know how many other people have been taken advantage of by these companies especially people who are vulnerable after natural disasters, health problems, etc. and how many times they have tried to make a minor sign up for adult memberships. There is no way that is legal and is unethical. Not to mention, kicking your community when it's already down doesn't make me want to ever suggest their business to anyone, ever. I will tell them to run the other way. This is inexcusable and I want out of my contract. And I want my children let out as well. Consumer Protection at the Attorney General's office in Texas will be hearing about this shortly if it's not fixed. And if any of this mess touches my credit I will hire an attorney. Haven't we been through enough since Harvey?

ABC Financial Services Company Information