1.12/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

203 ABC Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My wife and I have had memberships with Retro Fitness in Bayville, NJ for just over two years. We no longer need the membership and have tried to cancel. First attempt was to go into the gym where we were told we either had to come back Monday to Friday between 930 am and 500 pm to speak to a manager or we could send a certified letter. We went home and found our agreement on ABC Financial's website to get the details of where we needed to send the certified letter. We send (and paid for!) the certified letter and have confirmation it was delivered. I called ABC Financial to confirm the account was canceled and that I need to go to the gym and speak to a manager.

I read the cancellation section of the agreement to the lady on the phone and asked why they could not cancel the account when the agreement specifically said to send them the cancellation letter. She had no answer other than to refer me back to the manager at the gym. We have just passed the date where advance notice was required to avoid paying next month's fee. Wonder how much money this company makes by making it very difficult to cancel your membership???

Hello,
We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make sure your situation was handled properly.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I joined a kickboxing gym in May and loved it... until I sustained an injury during one of their classes (unfortunately in June). It is now February I am still injured and I still have not been able to cancel my membership. I was told all I needed was to provide a Dr.'s note stating I was unable to participate in classes for at least 45 days. My Dr.'s note stated I would not be able to return to high impact activity for 365 days or more. ABC financial came back and said the note would need to say I am permanently disabled. I have sent 3 notes, one from my primary care, one from PT, and one from a specialist/ surgeon. I STILL have not been able to cancel the membership.

The terms of the contract I signed when I joined the gym and the contract terms ABC Financial claims do not align. I have called and emailed them so many times to resolve this and am told something different every. single. time. I never receive a call back from supervisors when promised, it is absolutely ridiculous. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR ANY GYM WHO USES THESE CROOKS. You will NEVER be able to resolve anything.

Hello,

Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

Get expert buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

ABC Financial/Just Move is a joke. I moved from Florida to California in October 2018 to attend university so I sent in a cancellation letter to my gym and provided proof of my new lease. Last week they took out $77 out of my account for no given reason. These people will keep taking your money even if you try to cancel your account. If you are thinking of signing up for this gym please save your money and go somewhere else that's more responsible about taking care of their customers. What sucks is that I'm just a college student barely getting by on money for food and I really can't afford to pay for something I am no longer using! I hope this company shuts down soon. It's very immoral to scam people like this.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Few months after getting gym membership at Edge Fitness in Norwalk, CT, my mother passed away in India and I had to travel back and stay there with my family for a year. I sent an email to ABC financial explaining my situation including an attachment with my flight ticket, which they asked for. No one responded, but now I've been sent for collections. Now I need to seek legal options. I want to make a complaint to the Regulators.

Hello Anitha

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

My agreement is **. I canceled my membership 2+ years ago as I moved 500+ miles away. My father's credit card has continued to be charged during that time. I called local EDGE FITNESS/NORWALK, CT and they said 'no problem' to get resolved and now I get a bill for $100+ to cancel an agreement that ended 2+ years ago. That is BS. Be happy that you got the extra 2 years of payments and clear this account immediately...

Hello

ABC Financial Services

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ABC Financial Services?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

So I had joined Anytime Fitness gym almost a year to date. I had a friend sign on with me never got a contract. I cancelled my membership, or so I thought. I had talked to the owner David. He never told me about how to do so as far as I knew it was taken care of. When I had cancelled I was currently up to date on my monthly payments. I was getting calls from ABC Financial during my work hours. The voicemails that were left never stated a number to call back. Now I'm getting hounded by a lawyer, sent by ABC Financial telling me how horrible of a person I am. I cancelled my membership and now this is happening.

Hello Kathleen

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Sorry for this essay in advance. But I am kind of tired of writing to and looking for solutions for this company but I want to put my two cents in. I canceled with an authorized letter to ABC Financial after my contract was up and kept being charged for about 5 months after I contacted them by phone and email and mentioned how I wanted to cancel yet charges kept coming. Mind you I didn't even live near the gym anymore. Was told by two different people by phone that I would be canceled and last months' reimbursed yet they kept charging my account even overdrawing that account at times costing me 35$ fees. The only way I could stop being charged monthly was by switching banks and after that I thought they would get the hint. Instead they sent me a problem with my bank email so I called yet again to remind them I canceled and sent plenty of emails which I have saved for my records addressing the issue.

A few months pass no word from ABC Financial then suddenly I see my credit score plummet and a in collection charge of 178$. I called the collection agency and again ABC Financial to remove this fraudulent charge. Agency says nothing they can do. They are sorry and I don't even blame the employee for doing their job. I am not the type to berate another human being just doing their job answering phones so I call ABC which still tries to give me the same runaround. I am now beyond upset because me and my girl are to buy a house and can't do so because this company decided to screw me for every cent I have or don't have. I guess and it's not like they aren't aware of my situation. They sent me a text to return to my gym for 25$ Recently and have all previous charges dropped.

I am dumbfounded that they think I will travel to that gym or be their customer ever again. Then recently I receive an email that I am part of a settlement of a lawsuit brought against them for doing the same to God knows how many other customers and here I am right before Christmas trying to get through the holidays, still trying to resolve this and fix the good credit record that I used to have and took years to build and only resolution seems a lawsuit. I work in customer service and my opinion is the customer is not important to this company. Only finding a way to get every single cent of you.

Hello Connys

ABC Financial Services

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

On 12/4/18 I requested cancellation of my gym membership based on condition 6 in my contract that states cancellation fee will be waived if a copy of an official USPS change of address is provided. I emailed the documentation as stipulated in the contract. The representatives that responded requested additional information, Bank or credit card statements which I did not feel comfortable providing and was not stated in my contract that I agreed to.

When I asked for clarification, and for them to direct me to the part of the contract that I agreed to that states that supplemental documentation is required in addition to a change of address confirmation, I was told to log in to my account and find it myself. This is unacceptable, I have read the entire contract, and nowhere does it state that I am required to provide additional documentation if I am using a USPS change confirmation. The agreement does state, however, that I can cancel my agreement without penalty if I provided USPS address change confirmation OR new utility bill. The only way the representative would process my cancellation was under the 'buy out' option which caused an additional 60 bucks to be billed to my account in order to terminate the contract.

Hello Joshua

ABC Financial Services

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I signed up for one of their gym membership in Philadelphia. The gym itself was 6/10 I'd say. I moved away and had to cancel the membership. And before I moved away, I came into their gym office multiple times at night. I was told that all of the 3 times I just missed the person who can cancel my membership. And one of the staff members said to me at first, "Oh you have to talk to the person in the office to cancel," then, she said, "Oh yeah you can try to call them on the phone and maybe they will let you cancel it that way."

Sure, I left thinking that I can cancel it on the phone. Then, after I moved away, I called them to cancel, they told me that I have to come in, and cancel it. I told them, I moved away, I can pay whatever the cancellation fee on the phone. And they insist I had to come in which I am physical can't. Then they said I have to mail a letter to them and with a check saying that I want to cancel the membership it also with a proof of moving away. Fine, I mailed that a week later after spoke to them on the phone. That was around September or October.

After 3 times of trying to get it to cancel in person and 2 phone call to try to get them to cancel on the phone, and 1 email request and 1 letter send into the location, I thought everything was good. Then they called me today and told me I owe them $800 for the membership which I mail them the check today. What the actual hack? What is going on??? Is this how they scam people? A membership cancellation after I paid the cancellation fee, they want to charge me another $800 dollars? I am very upset about this and is looking for legal help, I will definitely share my experiences with everybody out there and make sure other people don't get trap in their membership with an $800 dollar fee that tries to get you.

Hello Tianyuan

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I was in US on work visa which is over now and I am moving back to my country. To cover 30 day notice I already paid 1 month advance fee and to cancel the membership I have provided my one way ticket and passport. Still ABC people are not satisfied and asking for new lease, utility bills etc. This is kind of a scam. They will frustrate you to the level that you will end up paying contract breakage fee and all. I have so many things to do and leaving in 2 days and ABC and Edge Fitness both are wasting my time and patience.

Hello Yogesh,

Your account is currently in a pending cancel status with nothing further due. Your account will cancel on January 19, 2019. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

Cherette L Tyler-Clegg
ABC Financial Services, LLC
501-515-5000
Fax # 501-992-0884

Cherette.Tyler@abcfinancial.com

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Our Gym which we were totally satisfied with closed in the middle of the month with no notice. According to the contract we have to give 30 days notice to cancel and we can use the gym until then. The Gym is closed and we can’t use the service! They are going to draft our account again this month which means we are paying for 6 weeks of nothing. I will watch and make sure wherever we go if the contract is debited by ABC Financial or anyone affiliated we will find another gym. I have emailed and called the company and get the same answer... "You gotta give 30 days notice but you can use the facility!" Really, listen to your customers. Why would anyone pay for something they can’t use. Very poor customer service. Stay far away from this company!!!

Hello Helen

ABC Financial Services

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Got my membership with Klub Athletik Gym on September 1st, managed by ABC Financial Services. I signed up for it via call and sent the contract via email. I was informed by the sales rep/consultant that I can cancel within first 36 days if I am not satisfied. I was never informed about the cancellation after that period either. I went to the gym first 2 days September 1st and September 2nd which are weekends and never scanned my check in card for the gym. I called in to cancel and they asked me to come in to give a signature which I did not agree with because I wanted to follow the same procedure they did for signing up.

I informed them I cannot come in because I am not in Montreal and insisted on cancelling it. I hung up and forgot about it until I got charged on December 1st for 98$. I came back to Montreal and asked them to cancel and informed about whole situation and they want cancellation fee for 286$ which is not how to do a business and rip customers off when I came to gym only for first 2 days which was falls under allowed cancellation period. I am receiving calls from ABC to make payments which I do not want. Also they wrote my name wrong on the contract. Very dissatisfied, overall experience was bitter with them.

Hello Khadar

I’m sorry to hear you are wanting to cancel your membership with Klub Athletik. Unfortunately the club solely processes all cancellations and ABC is not aware of the cancellation terms they have in place. Any issues with cancelling your membership will have to be addressed with the club. I apologize I was unable to further assist you today.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I signed up for a membership at my local gym, not a big deal. All was good w/ initial signup, etc. I was told that in the event I needed to put a freeze on the account that I would be able to do so (medical reasons, travel, etc) which I thought might come in handy since I do unexpectedly travel for periods of time. I thought this was actually a great idea and I'd be able to freeze my membership and not waste any unused days. I made a call today in an attempt to take advantage of this service, however, submitting the request would take 30 to take effect before the membership would be put on hold. Does it really take you (ABC) 30 days from my request date to put the account on freeze?

I'm not sure I understand your process and why this isn't an option to be able to utilize online? I will be traveling next week which was unexpected, thought I could save some of my time, but was advised that basically I will waste a month of my membership as I'll be back in town before the freeze will be effective. If you offer this service, then perhaps you should be a little bit more transparent about the time frame your company operates. I was told upfront this was an option but was not told there was a 30 day grace period. I certainly hope you consider this in the future, however, based on the lengthy amount of extremely poor reviews here I doubt anything will come of this. My membership is coming up for renewal, so unless you work w/ me to resolve this issue I doubt I will be renewing my membership.

Hello Chad,

I would be happy to review your agreement for the freeze terms. Can you please email me at cherette.tyler@abcfinancial.com your 9 digit agreement or home phone number associated with your account?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Me and my husband are both military with a membership with Anytime Fitness. I'm pregnant and decided to get out of the Army and have been out of a job so we can't afford the monthly payment anymore. We are told we can't cancel it at the club. We have to call. I call and there are no options to cancel, only give this company more money. Why is it I have had numerous gym memberships and I have never heard of this, it's always sign the cancelation and you can move on with your life. The manager told me they don't ALLOW** a cancelation unless we deploy or relocation, like what kind of scam is that to tell me I can't cancel a gym membership. It's insane. I'm so tempted to get my lawyer involved. If anyone could help me out it'd be greatly appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My husband canceled his membership within 3 days of getting it, which the people at the actual gym said to send ABC a letter and a cancellation form that you print. We wrote the letter and the form and sent it on the 2nd day, which was a Sunday. They claim they've never received the letter so the best they can do is take off the late charges and keep the $200 due. He never used the membership, he went through everything he was told to do and called a few weeks later to see if it was received with the customer service person telling him to check back in another few weeks. Don't work with them. They steal from people, they have horrible customer service, and they lie and say they never received a letter they threw away.

Hello,

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I am very surprised that the management in this gym has no compassion. I wanted to cancel my membership because of a medical condition and all they are offering me is to freeze my membership. I have to get a surgery on my shoulder and also have some spine related issues. I was advised to bring my doctor's note saying that I will not be able to work out for six months which I brought. Even then the manager is offering to freeze the membership.

My membership contract finishes in five month and my doctor's note shows that I will not be able to come to gym for six months. If my remaining contract is for five months and I am told that I cannot go to gym for six months then why my contract cannot be canceled? I have to go to rehab for a long time after surgery not to the gym. I would be getting in touch with Department Of Consumers Affairs in New York to seek some assistance and I don't recommend this gym to anyone. All they want to do is to lock you up in their complicated contracts without any compassion.

Hello,

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I signed up for a 1 year membership knowing I would be signed up for auto renewal. I went down to gym in person and filled out the paperwork to cancel membership and stop automatic withdraw from bank on 8/30. On 10/1 and 10/30 they withdrew $40 each time, then on 11/4 and 11/10 they withdrew another $60 each time. I will be changing banks on Monday and can't wait for them to call...

Hello,

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

This business is scum. Not only do they somehow find your bank account details and directly take money from there, they tell you the rate is around $20/mo but take out close to $50/mo without any explanation. I have emailed them several times over the last few weeks without any response. BUYER BEWARE.

Hello Jerry,

We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me at cherette.tyler@abcfinancial.com with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Retro Fitness of Oceanside, NY and ABC FINANCIAL SERVICES are both scam artists!! If I could give ZERO stars - I would!! First off - SCAM. My credit card numbers were in someone else’s account and after $336.89 in charges on someone’s else’s account, Retro Fitness and their third party account memberships management, ABC Financial DECLINED to issue me a refund and fix this error. I know that it was an error with their membership account services/set up and they refuse to resolve this and basically told me to, "** YOU, we are keeping your $336.89." If that’s not horrible customer service, what is?? The owners of Oceanside, NY location declined to resolve this and had ABC Financial tell me.

Apparently, ABC FINANCIAL is authorized to take our money monthly and control a membership but when there is an error, they aren’t authorized to fix it and issue a refund. Now this inconvenience has lead me to have to take legal actions and has been nothing but a headache. This is the worst customer service I have ever seen and the worst financial scam that my attorney has seen.

Beware. They offer you a deal to sign up. Then overcharge your card, their system may put your credit card info into someone else’s account and they won’t fix it. Hours of phone calls and headaches and they still refuse!!! Their offers are not worth this!!! Nothing is!!! Go to Blink Fitness or NY Sports Club!!! They would never scam like Retro Fitness has!! They could have refunded me and I wouldn’t be so distraught, but they refuse to issue my money back and leave it on an account that’s not mine!!! But keep my account in past due status meanwhile my card was charged every month for 9 months!!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I have been trying to cancel my gym membership since January 2018 with no luck. I was under contract when I tried to cancel which was fine. I asked the rep at ABC Financial to make sure that my account was not set to auto-renew but to leave the account alone until the end of my contract. Fast forward to October 2018, I see the annual fee come out of my bank. I called and the woman I spoke to said that she would start an "investigation" to see if I qualify to have the annual fee refunded and it would take 3-5 business days and to check for an email from them. I told them that I did not care about the monthly fee that was already paid for Oct, I just wanted the annual fee refunded.

I waited 8 days and did not receive an email so I called again. I was told that I am responsible for the fee even though it is for a year that I will not have the membership as I have already cancelled. This rep sent me to a supervisor who told me that she will be doing another "investigation" to pull the original call from January to see if I really did tell them to take my account off of auto-renew. This again will take "3-5 business days." This is absolutely ridiculous. I am done chasing a resolution. Someone needs to get this resolved. As long as ABC Financial handles 10Gyms accounts, I will never renew my membership with them.

Hello Jessica

Resolution response: Oct. 30, 2018

The consultant was able to work with me and after some time and call reviews, resolve the issue.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I have been attempting to cancel my membership to Anytime Fitness for MONTHS and keep getting charged. I first called the gym. They told me, over the phone, it was no problem, my membership was cancelled. I got billed again. I called ABC Financial and they told me to contact the gym. I did. Again, they apologized and told me it was cancelled. I called ABC Financial again and was told that typically the membership has to be cancelled in writing. The worker said she would review the case, refer it to her supervisor to have the previous phone record transcribed. I believe I received a call back from her but was at work and unable to answer.

I called ABC financial back today and was told I owe 60+ dollars. That's my $40 membership fee plus a fee for missed payment. I had to close my bank account and open a new one so it would stop getting charged. I finally received the email that I've had to email to cancel. This could have been handled months ago if that is what I had been told. If this is not resolved, I will be forced to take legal action.

Hello Amiel

ABC Financial Services

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Beware of ABC Financial's fee of $19.99 for any time your debit card is declined. They put it in their contract but it's still abusive and unfair. They are expending nothing extra for running a computerized charge of your card and extra time but they want you to pay almost a fee that is 80% of your $25 monthly membership. It's price gouging, pure and simple. I understand a late fee. I even understand an extravagant late fee but paid on the day after it's due when you run it through again is sadistic.

Hello Mary,

ABC Financial Services

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

The Edge Fitness and ABC Financial have no integrity whatsoever. I signed up for a 12-month membership knowing I was going to be moving to an apartment with a free gym before the 12 months expired. When I originally tried to cancel I was told that I could not do so. I called about four months later to find out the exact date I could cancel my membership at which point I was informed I had actually been enrolled in a 24-month agreement, without my knowledge, but that I could buy out the contract.

I was then told that, on top of the buyout fee, I would need to pay the next month's membership fee which happened to fall on a month where an additional $50 fee was charged. I asked if this could be waived as I have not been to the gym for over four months but of course I was advised that the company could not waive the fee. In essence, what I was told was that the company would prefer not to waive the fee because it would rather take more of my money that it did not deserve than do the right thing and correct its mistake. DO NOT JOIN THIS GYM.

Hello Michael

ABC Financial Services

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I was suddenly relocated because of my job and attempted to cancel my membership several times. I initially was told to send in a letter stating I wanted to cancel so I did that, after moving I switched banks and payments continued to be attempted to be processed from my old account. I received phone calls from ABC and after the first conversation they told me I could just mail them the letter but I could not cancel over the phone which is insane. So I did that and still was bombarded by phone calls. After talking to someone again they told me that they couldn't process a cancellation at all. I can't believe a company is allow to pull this and just continue to charge me when I have begged to cancel. AT THIS POINT I AM GOING TO FILE A REPORT WITH THE BBB.

ABC Financial Services response

Hello Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me at cherette.tyler@abcfinancial.com with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

Colleen,

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

An annual charge for $39 was due on 9/1/18. The company had difficulty charging my card, but was successful on 9/12/18. In addition to the $39, there was a Late Fee of $9.50 and a Service Fee of $19.50 tacked on, making the total successful charge to my Credit Card $68.00. I don't feel I should be financially penalized for the company's difficulty. They obviously resolved it. A Grace Period is standard practice. On 9/15/18 they successfully charged my normal monthly fee.

Hello Marylou,

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I had been a faithful member of my gym since I joined in July 2017. In July 2018 I obtained a new job about 2.5 hrs away. I attempted to cancel in person on 7/5 and was told to call ABC Financial. I submitted my notice of cancellation, sent in a copy of my new lease and paid what I thought would be my last month’s membership on 7/10. I received a confirmation email and heard nothing else. When I checked my account status I saw that I was still going to be charged on 8/10. I called and the customer service rep said that she would remove my billing information and that I would not be charged as they looked to resolve what the issue was. Then I began receiving calls and texts from the gym about my unpaid balance and they began to call my wife (a non-member) as well.

When I finally emailed ABC Financial again (this time CCing the gym) on 8/21 the gym contacted ABC Financial for me to make sure that I received a response. When ABC Financial did respond I was told there was an issue with the attachment in the email I sent on 7/10. After resubmitting the proof that I had moved I was told that my date of cancellation would be registered as 8/22 and I was still responsible for the full payments from 8/10 and 9/10 as well as the cancellation fee rather than the charges I would have paid if my cancellation date would have been registered as 7/10. To make matters worse this also applies to my son who is an add-on to my membership.

Xavier,

We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email me at cherette.tyler@abcfinancial.com with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

The customer service reps with ABC Financial Services are unapologetic, do not follow up and sound like they read their responses from a textbook. I have a fitness membership and pay my dues with my debit card, automatically. ABC Financial Services handles the charges. I had my personal information stolen in April 2018. I had to cancel all debit/credit card information and complete new payment information for my gym membership. Because this paperwork happened when my monthly dues were to be charged, ABC automatically charged me a late fee (I pay religiously every month). I was not aware there was a 90 day window to dispute this charge - I noticed the additional charge in August 2018 (when our annual gym dues are charged; so I was looking back at previous charges).

I contacted the gym and they informed me all financial issues are to go through ABC Financial. I contacted them on 8/14/18 and spoke with Melinta (MEN) - she put me on/off hold for 20 minutes. She finally said she can look into it and follow up with me within 3-4 days. Fast forward to today (8/28/18). No one followed up with me. I contacted ABC Financial and spoke with Amanda. She said there were no follow up notes. She said there is nothing further she can do. I asked to speak with a supervisor - she transferred me to Jessica. Again, Jessica regurgitated their policy and said there is nothing more she can do. I asked why her company policy is not listed at the gym nor provided to us when late charges are incurred. She did not have a firm answer. I am appalled at the lack of interest for their customers, especially those who have been paying month-after-month, on time and have their personal information stolen.

Heather,

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I've tried to cancel my membership repeatedly now, I originally signed up for a One Year up-front cost agreement I got in the mail. (Boy was I wrong) That was April of 2017, I thought my membership expired April of 2018...like any normal person would, well it's now late August and have been getting charge this whole time which I did not notice because I use my credit card regularly. I work 55 hours a week therefore don't have the time or energy to go to the gym and didn't even think I had a membership anymore anyways. Well that's not the case with this company, since noticing the maintenance fee email I tried to cancel with ABC. They told me to go to my club, Aspire to cancel. Aspire said, “We can't cancel your membership because you have a balance on your account.”

Ok well, call ABC back and explain I was unaware of the automatic enrollment after the year ended and just was just asking if they could do me this favor and waive the maintenance club fee to bring me to Zero so I can just be on my way. That is not the case, the 2 customer service associates I talked to were basically repeating the same rebuttals one might find in a rolodex of ways to get off the phone and not do anything about it!! NO compassion, just simply pay us or we will just keep charging your account on file, which seems somewhat illegal to me. Capital One's dispute person was also on the line with me but ABC Didn't know that.

I'm now on my 3rd account number with Cap 1, yes 3rd account because ABC, and Aspire like to keep you running in circles so they can collect as many maintenance and club fees as possible. They make it seem like their contract is so binding that it will take an act of God to get out of...well maybe it's something the Feds need to look into because I'm in Ohio, I believe they are in Arkansas, and repeated unauthorized charges to a credit card no matter how much the amount I believe crosses the line into theft or some sort of fraudulent activity! I'm the consumer I haven't used their services yet they will not let me out of my 1 year contract I initially signed up for that expired back in April...proceed at your own risk, I just wonder how many others have experienced the same?

Brian,

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I cancelled through my Gym, Emerald City in Everett WA. First I was told I would be billed on the 1st GUARANTEED!!! 3 months in a row, they have BOUNCED my checking account! 2 months they have taken 4 times the amount of my checking account. If your gym insists on using them DO NOT JOIN! They are thieves and liars. Someone should be in jail!

Michael,

ABC Financial Services

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I was a member at EOS Gym for a few years, had no issues with this company until I wanted to cancel my membership. I called them to cancel on June 8th 2018 and was told it would take 30 days, for what I don't know, and I would have to pay the next month's dues and would have gym access until July 8th. I told the woman, "I have to pay for the next month even though I'm not going to be here to use it?" Since it was $9.99, I wasn't going to argue. I don't understand why the 30 day wait, so they can get a few more bucks out of you? This was June 2018, then I see a charge for $34.95 from them in August. WTH?? Right before I cancelled in June I just paid the 59.00 membership fee or whatever it is.

I called them and they had no record of me calling on my account. What company does that? I asked for the supervisor who was willing to help me, I'll give them that. She said she would have to pull up the recorded calls and listen to them to see what transpired. While she did manage to see there was a phone call, I pulled up my phone records and saw that I made 2 calls on June 8. How is it the 1st person could not see I called, but the supervisor can find it? I did get an email from them that they would refund my $34.95 and that's great, but why so much hassle?

I would not want to work for a company like that knowing these business practices affect people like this and second you couldn't pay me enough to work with all the complaints and tell someone there's no record of a call...I would be so embarrassed. One last thing, if a company sees all of these same complaints, why don't they stop with these business practices? One would think that if a company's integrity was in question, they would want to fix it. I guess a buck rules over good business practices. No more gym memberships for me.

Catherine,