Find a Debt Collection Agencies partner

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

ABC Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ABC Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ABC Financial Services?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I would not do business with this company. If you move and need to cancel your gym membership, they make you "prove" that you have moved by means of new home ownership, lease agreement, or utility bill. If you don't have those items, you have to have proof by 2 other means: letter from current employer on company letterhead, credit card statement, PO change of address, and/or bank statement. As for me and my hubby, we live in our semi truck going coast to coast since we became "empty-nesters". They will treat you like a child in order to cancel. I would highly recommend not signing any contracts for gym memberships.

Hello,

We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Financial Services was not a satisfactory one. We strive to address all consumer feedback. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email us with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

ABC Fitness Solutions

Original review: July 2, 2021

I have never had such terrible customer service in my life. I am moving and need to cancel my gym membership. The terms of my contact say that I need to provide proof I am moving more than 15 miles away from any EDGE location (which I am.) I provided proof of this with a signed lease that proves I am moving far enough away to cancel. I emailed ABC and guess what they said? This is not sufficient proof to cancel. I send ANOTHER copy. No response. I called maybe 4 times. Each time they told me that I needed to provide a lease for proof. I ALREADY DID!! MULTIPLE TIMES!! And no one responds to my emails.

I have never seen such a fraudulent organization in my entire life. I will never sign up for any gym that uses ABC again and I will be telling everyone I know not to. What a freaking joke of a company. This cannot be legal. I literally meet the qualifications to cancel and they still won’t let me. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR A GYM THAT USES ABC FINANCIAL!!! My agreement number is ** for anyone who wants to look into this.

Hello,

We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Fitness was not a satisfactory one. We strive to address all consumer feedback. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post. Please email us at membersupport@abcfitness.com with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

ABC Fitness Solutions, LLC.

Get buying tips about Debt Collection Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 5, 2021

Member of what used to be Gold's Gym and is now 425 Fitness in the greater Seattle area. Have been a member on and off since 2017. I have always had issues with ABC while trying to cancel an account or to dispute bogus charges. The current scenario arose from me cancelling my prior account during pandemic (cancelation confirmed with NO charges during this period of time). I created a new account recently, and am now getting DOUBLE billed for both accounts on a monthly basis. Customer service is inept in assisting and claims the account has been open since 2017, which is completely false. Predatory billing practices and clueless customer support.. AVOID gyms supported by ABC Financial like the plague.

ABC Fitness Solutions, LLC.

Original review: April 23, 2021

This company is the worse, their customer service reps are unskilled and they lack the ability to deal with people. My membership with The Edge Fitness expired several months ago, they have given me the hardest time to cancel and stop charging me. I have been emailing for several months now requesting to cancel, they continue to say that according to the terms of my agreement I must inform them 30 days prior, which I have been doing like I said for several months now. At this point there is no agreement, which I was told by my local GYM.

On 3/15/21 they acknowledged my request to cancel and credited my account with the money that was due. Today 4/23/21 I find myself with a new charge and arguing the same nonsense again. They have taken money without my permission, having me go through the whole process of calling my bank to dispute the transaction and blocking them from taking any more money. It’s been over a month since my last communication with them and the processing of the credit. Now I find myself again fighting the fact that my account should be canceled, and they once again requesting a 30 day notice. It is an unethical and fraudulent practice. Do not do business with them, they are the worst!!

ABC Fitness Solutions, LLC.

Original review: April 20, 2021

Beware of predatory membership practices perpetrated by ABC Financial. My wife signed me up for a gym membership about 4 years ago. The pandemic happened, gyms closed and I moved from Hayward to Concord about 30 minutes apart, almost a year ago. I requested my wife to close the account which she did. I get an email months later saying that the gym was unable to bill the card that was on file... Of course not. We closed that bank account when we moved the area.

I call and they inform me that my wife, who started the account, was denied the ability to close the account because she is not the primary account holder. It's her card and she started the account. They then tell me I need to have a 9 digit pin number to go online to fill out a form, I need to give 30 day notice, will be charged throughout this process. Oh and by the way you can't cancel unless you pay the charge. The gyms themselves are disgusting as well so no wonder they stoop to these type of practices. STAY AWAY FROM FITNESS 19 AND ANYTHING ELSE ASSOCIATED WITH ABC FINANCIAL.

ABC Fitness Solutions, LLC.

Original review: April 16, 2021

I have been a member of Fitness 19 since March 2019. A few months back I noticed that they charged me an annual fee (which was due in June 2020) and one month of dues charged to my CC last November, even though the fitness center in Dublin CA was closed during this time. I immediately disputed this transaction. The Dublin gym only re-opened in March 2021. Last month I requested that Fitness 19 cancel my membership. They told me to contact the ABC customer care center. I did this by requesting a cancellation via email.

ABC told me that my account was in pending cancelled status for the next 30 days and I would responsible for any payments during this time. I made two monthly payments during this time online, but these transactions were never processed (as when I called customer care they tell me that I still owe two months of dues in order to complete the cancellation). I don't know why this is so complicated for them to figure out. Either I pay online or by phone...you guys should process the transaction. I have not had any such problems with any other fitness club. Please fix these issues.

ABC Fitness Solutions, LLC.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I have been trying to cancel my and my wife’s gym membership at Big Sky. Called the gym and they gave me ABC’s customer service number to call. I call ABC and they tell me I have to email. I email and now they say I have to send a letter requesting cancellation via mail. Just cancel our memberships! SCAM.

Hello,

We regret to hear your experience with ABC Fitness Solutions, LLC was not a satisfactory one. Unfortunately, I was not able to locate your membership with the information provided in this post.

Please feel free to email me with either your 9 digit agreement number or the home phone number on your account so that I may look into this for you.

Stacy Jackson

ABC Fitness Solutions, LLC

Original review: March 2, 2021

I have called, emailed, emailed and - you guessed it - emailed to try to confirm my membership at The Edge Fitness Club in Media was cancelled. On my call, I answered questions about the cancellation, and still find myself charged monthly for a membership that I do not want and was falsely told was cancelled. This is heartless theft, and SO exhausting. During a global pandemic, no less. I even received one refund, and emailed to confirm I wouldn't be charged moving forward. All I received are vague responses, and now I am even being asked to provide proof that I ever requested the cancellation in the first place. I thought my call was being monitored? I thought the customer service rep was recording my answers? I need a full refund for the last two charges to my account, and I need my membership terminated IMMEDIATELY.

Hello,

We regret to hear your recent experience with ABC Fitness was not a satisfactory one. I would like the opportunity to review your account and see that proper action has been taken. We strive to address all consumer feedback, positive or negative, and want to make sure your situation was handled properly. Should you have any further comments please feel free to email me at membersupport@abcfitness.com.

Sandra Harris

ABC Fitness Solutions, LLC.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

In March, the Gold's Gym nearest my house closed due to COVID-19. I got an email from our location manager saying that we would not be billed during the pandemic. The location has never reopened. And, I wasn't billed by Gold's Gym anymore. We made the mistake of putting my membership on our debit card (which we pay for everything with), and didn't notice until December that ABC Fitness had started billing us for gym membership - starting in July. Granted, we should have noticed the billing, but we just didn't.

There was a phone number for an ABC Fitness that was associated with my membership, but it was in a town 45 minutes from my house. When I tried calling that phone number, it would give me options to talk to someone about my billing - but it wasn't at the local club, but at the corporate office. Those people were amazingly horrible.

They told me that I had been reassigned to a different club when Club Fitness bought the Gold's Gym account. But, when I asked if they thought it was fair that I was being assigned 45 minutes away from my home without my consent. They said that it was part of the membership agreement I signed. But, I have never seen any kind of agreement with Club Fitness or ABC Fitness. I've never driven by one to my knowledge. The first rep I talked to told me that I had to go to the location where I was a member (45 minutes from my house - and hour from my work) and cancel my membership. When I asked for the number for that club, no one ever picks up (I tried to confirm someone was there so that I could make sure to be able to cancel it). When I was able to talk to a manager at billing, They said that the only other thing I could do was write a certified letter to a P.O. Box in Arkansas.

When trying a few more times to call this club, I actually was able to talk to a front-desk worker who put me in contact with a manager. He told me that I don't have to go to that specific club; I could go to any of them in person and cancel my membership. So, I was able to find one far closer to my house. And, they were kind and understood how stupid it was for me to have to do that.

Today, I got an email from customer care saying that I was going to finally get my membership cancelled, but that I would still get billed for the next cycle. When I told them that this was wrong, they said that it was per my agreement. So, not only am I not going to get refunded for a membership I've never used (or even known about - and wrongfully assigned), I was not given accurate information about how to cancel my membership, and finally when I was able to cancel my membership, I'm still having to pay more!!!!

My understanding of the way our economy works is that people pay for goods/services rendered. I've never once stepped foot in any of their clubs, but they feel like they can keep charging me - simply because they bought my account. And, as the rep said to me when I was able to talk to an accounts department supervisor, that if my account was transferred to another state, then my agreement requires me to go to that one. It's amazing that this company is allowed to stay open.

Sandra Harris

ABC Fitness Solutions, LLC.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I have a membership with Reston VA Crunch Fitness (#~99877). I froze my account in 2018 during my pregnancy, thinking I might be going back to the gym at some point and no longer under contract. They charged me $25 annual fee in 2019 and again in 2020. I thought about cancel my membership in 2020 but then COVID hit so that's not the first thing I am thinking to do. In January 2021, I got a call saying I need to update my billing as they can't charge me the $25 annual fee as my credit card on file expired, which reminded me to call them to cancel my membership. They said in order for me to cancel my membership, they have to "unfreeze" my account, and charge me for one more month ($39.99).

I told them I am not going back to the gym during the pandemic where CDC requires me to wear face mask in public space and it's not recommended to go to a gym. Then the person at the gym said well now gym is one of the safest place for me to go (REALLY???? Safer than staying at home?). Plus I am also no longer in VA - I am currently in Georgia. So why I am paying for something I am not going to use???? Who would have to pay one more month to cancel? I have never heard that. Isn't that force payment? Today, I called again and they said I have to pay the $25 annual fee as well, for the year that I am calling to cancel. This is the worst company I have dealt with. They never sent me a statement and expect me to pay (without a statement???). I am NEVER going back again and will tell anyone I know not to sign up for any gyms under this company. I hope they get a class action lawsuit and go bankrupt.

Stacy Jackson