4.51/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Recovery Centers of America

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recovery Centers of America (RCA) is the fastest growing addiction treatment provider in the U.S., making treatment for addiction and other mental health disorders as affordable and accessible as any other disease. With world-class clinical treatment in state-of-the-art facilities throughout New England, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland, every RCA patient is given the highest standard of care and evidence-based treatment with dignity and respect close to where they live and work.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 18, 2017

96 Recovery Centers of America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

RCA Lighthouse was a great place to detox and go to rehab. The staff is caring and knowledgeable about addiction. I would recommend this facility to others. The groups are versatile and informative. The food is very good. This is definitely the best treatment I've been to.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Everything was wonderful. The facility is an old mansion that has been tastefully restored and updated. The staff is very qualified and professional. They are caring and helpful and most are in some kind of recovery themselves. There are plenty of activities including art, gym, music, yoga, acupuncture and a golf simulator. The food gets 4 stars out of 5.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I surrendered at RCA Lighthouse on 9/25/17! Upon admission, I was met outside by Nicole the clinical director who remembered me from my past times here. I was comfortably and safely medically detoxed off of ** & **. I was allowed by staff to rest in my bed for the first couple of days which was wonderful because I had not slept in a long time due to stimulants. Upon coming out of my fog, after 1 week, I was met with love and compassion by the entire staff-especially Marlon who always goes over and beyond to ensure a safe aftercare plan. I will forever be grateful for RCA/Lighthouse.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Staff was nice and was a good experience. There could have been more staff on weekends and more continuity through shifts but I learned a lot from staff and from my peers that I can use throughout my recovery. Rooms were nice and food was also good.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Good people good food. I been treated with dignity and respect from everyone but since I get here I requested Quran but I never get it. Also I spoke to the nurse about halal or kosher food and no consideration was given to my request. That only thing I can see. Thank you guys.

Recovery Centers of America response

Thanks so much for your feedback, as it is critical to our efforts to continuously improve the patient experience. We'd like to hear more from you so we can further look into the issues you've outlined. If you would, please reach out to our rapid response hotline at 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com and we will look into how we can address the concerns you mentioned quickly & thoroughly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Recovery Centers of America?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Although my shortest rehab stay, this was the most effective one. The staff was professional and extremely helpful and the therapy provided help me get to the root of my addiction tremendously. I firmly believe that I will stay sober and come back as an alumni.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

All the RCA staff and medical crew was great and they made me feel comfortable being here. I also really had a great counselor who was there for me no matter what! I met a lot of great people and made wonderful friends that I learned from too, and will never forget. Next to giving birth, this was the next best experience in my life!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Great program, and great staff/counselors. Unfortunately I have been to many in Jersey and RCA Lighthouse was one of my most pleasurable experiences. I really learned a lot and many of the staff, if not all are very experienced and pleasurable to be around. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

The staff was wonderful and always helpful. Taj is a great counselor. The group of people that were here this time were very supportive. The program works well and they keep you busy most days so that the days do not drag on.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Just wanted to thank the staff on all levels for their professional and compassionate care. I learned a world of wealthy knowledge from individuals who were once in my shoes which really made a difference. The nurses, counselors, rs's and case managers as well as everyone who played a part in my recovery and all the extended staff were great! Thanks again!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Recovery Centers of America is a clean and nice place. Some of the staff were awesome and were clearly there not just after the money but to help out and be of assistance to us. I will probably remember them for a long time. Others were not so great and seemed to be there just to get paid. They were the quicker tempered ones.

I was there just to stabilize and get on. RCA helped me and they really did try to equip me, though not that well. I wasn’t there for too long, which is my insurance's fault, but even if I was there longer, I don't think a lot would have changed from upfront because when I was there, Westminster was significantly understaffed. I only met with my therapist once. I met with my outreach person twice and it was two days before I left and the day I left. There wasn’t a lot of interaction given there.

Also, there's a lack of understanding about everybody's stories which sometimes results in things being said or acted out in certain ways that they weren't expecting, which is true for a lot of treatment centers I've been to. I play my guitar a lot and brought it there. There were some staff who weren’t as fond of it as others until they got to know me and finally realized what role music plays in my life. After that, it was okay.

Recovery Centers of America response

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I wanted to go to detox and I looked in Florida because I wanted to be in the sun and be spoiled. I asked a friend who is a primary physician if he knew of any good recovery centers in the area where I grew up in and he recommended Recovery Centers of America in Mays Landing. I was terrified upon arrival at the recovery center because I have never been to a recovery center before but I was pleasantly surprised when I came in. Everyone was nice. All the staff was extremely helpful. When I arrived they offered me water, coffee and anything that I needed. They were patient with me so the fear changed quickly to a feeling that everything was going to be okay.

Some staff were more lenient with certain things than others but none of them broke any rules. They stayed helpful all the way through, from arrival to end. They are also warm, caring and supportive. Plus I was very pleased with all the amenities. The bed was made when I arrived at my room and it was very comfortable. There was a TV in the room. There were also guitars and a ping pong table. There were always activities to be done. They also had snacks and the food was good quality.

The residents change because new people come in all the time but with the original group that I met they handled things very maturely. It was a close knit community. My experience at RCA changed my life. I'm still sober as of today and I'm presently attending an intensive out-patient at RCA. It equipped me to handle recovery on my own terms once I was out with the things that I've gathered and learned. I would absolutely recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I will say this about my experience here. The staff here were instrumental in my willingness to not only stay here but actively participate in beginning my recovery process. With their help I was able to identify the root of my reason for starting down my long road of drinking. During my time here I have been given the tools and strength to move forward in my life as a sober man. I will forever be indebted to the staff here.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Excellent experience. Would high to a friend. Friendly recommend to friend. Health services were excellent. Food services were excellent. Recovery programs were excellent. Excellent care during detox. Counselors were very knowledgeable. Facility is beautiful, and well maintained. Excellent.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

BBH was awesome. The management team was amazing and very polite. They handled all situations accordingly. Staff members were all very courteous and helpful. More male staff members are necessary. The food was also really good. Need more cookies though.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Everything was fine at Recovery Centers of America. It was almost like a vacation. The facility was very clean and everybody was friendly and very helpful. They were all very knowledgeable and knew things firsthand. The way they explained things to me, it was like real life action. My primary counselor, Emily, was excellent and I learned a lot from her. Hopefully, I never have to return but if I do, it would be there. It was an awakening experience.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

All of my needs were met perfectly. Had a great stay, staff was very nice and respectful. My detox could have been longer and I wish I could have had more than one dose of subs per day because it made my detox more rough but overall had a great experience.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I had a very positive experience at BBH. The staff was very helpful and always in tune to my needs. The structure of the program kept me busy from the time I got up to the time I went to sleep. I found this beneficial as there was a great mixture of group and down times.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Words really can't describe how amazing it was. Staff was excellent and extremely helpful both professionally and on a personal level. I would recommend this facility to anyone who really wants to get better. It really is an excellent facility.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Everyone in Recovery was unbelievable. I saw nothing but smiles and great attitude from the very first moment I walked in. The information about Recovery came from my brother-in-law. He knew some people who went to Recovery Centers of America and had very good things to say about it. That was our first and last option when it was time for me to choose. It was a great start for me on the road to recovery and I am coping and working on continuing and doing everything that I can. Recovery Centers set everything up for me to be successful. After the treatment, my IOP was set up, all my appointments, my shots, list of meetings in my area, everything was taken care of.

The staff was really helpful. They got me few things I mentioned like shampoo, deodorant and toothpaste almost immediately. My therapist was absolutely amazing. She took great care of me and I felt very comfortable sharing anything with her and that she was available anytime I needed her. On my last day, the weekend of Labor Day, I was worried that I couldn’t get my flight on time but the staff actually took care of it for me the day I asked them to. The facility itself and the grounds are beautiful. We had a great time outside going fishing, meditation and yoga. They even took me to a salon once to get my nails done. My entire experience was great.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

My Experience at BBH - I feel I would have benefited from more one on one with a primary therapist. My therapist was great but just seemed to have too many patients to give us the proper care and time we each need. The RSS supervisor and staff were amazing and kind and helpful. The kitchen staff, cleaning staff and medical staff were all amazingly friendly and helpful. Thank you for everything.

Recovery Centers of America response

Tasha - Thank you so much for your feedback, hearing these types of things are critical to our improvement process. We're working to move towards more 1-1 time spent with individual Primary Therapists and this is a top priority for us at the moment. We're thrilled to hear your experience otherwise sounded great & please know that we will continue to be here to support you in your recovery however we can.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Bracebridge Hall has been one of the most enlightening experiences of my life. This place has given me the strength and the confidence that I so desperately needed. If it wasn't for this place and for this experience I would probably be dead. This place saved my life, and I am forever grateful for that. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

A friend of mine had a good experience at Recovery Centers and then I checked in as well. The environment was nice and calm, and my accommodation was like a hotel. The staff was welcoming, caring and informed about the process, and they were also tough when they needed to be. They all follow the same set of rules as much as humanly possible, and I felt an excellent level of care. I like that they had alternative-type medicine like yoga, meditation, and art therapy.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I didn’t go into the RCA intoxicated, so I hit the ground running. I drove myself there and they made an exception and allowed me to do that because I hadn’t been drinking in a while. The facility was kind of new and at times, it seemed disorganized but I found it to be a really good program. RCA was beneficial to me and there were some people there that were very disruptive and to their credit, I don’t know if they kicked them out or what they did, but we’re there the first couple of days and then they were gone. The accommodation in the facility was beautiful. The staff was all really good people and a lot of them were in Recovery, but a lot of them also hadn’t been there a long time, so it seemed like there had been some turnover. A lot of times, you’d sit around or sometimes activities get canceled.

During the first week, I knew it was going to be boring. I made it a point to get to know every person in the program. I knew everyone by first name and all the counselors and that was really good. They also made me a peer leader, which gave me some extra responsibility. On the weekends, there was not a lot to do because it’s visitor day and they’re in this multi-million dollar facility and the DVD player didn’t even work. When I left, I bought them a DVD player and sent it to them just so the people would have one and they called and thanked me. If they followed through with being more organized, it would be great. I’m doing well and I think like anything, the more you put into it, the more you get out of it, and I took it pretty seriously.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Bracebridge was a awesome experience for me. Your employees, especially the RSS, were a big reason for this experience. They were all so friendly and willing to talk if I had a problem or if I looked sad or depressed. This was my first rehab so I was scared and confused at this new experience, but the RSS made me feel comfortable like I was home. I had the one of the best experience in my life here and I would recommend it to anyone who is willing to take that step and go to rehab.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

This place saved my life. The staff was fantastic, informative, and I couldn't have done it without them. The knowledge I have gained here and the tools provided will help me with my recovery when I leave. This place has given me hope and has made me want to switch careers. Thank you so much BBH.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

When I walked in I was lost, alone, and afraid... The staff made me feel welcome and they were there to assist me whenever I needed someone. Teresa my counselor was amazing. She made sure any worries were addressed it seemed immediately. Loved Harriet, Lizzy, Jess and Lisa were a huge help whenever I thought I might quit. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

One of my co-workers recommended it to me and said it was a good place to go to. I stayed there for 30 days, and I did not detox there. It has been like the CSS programs in 30 days. But I was at Westminster, and I had a really good experience there. I had nothing but good interactions with the staff. My therapist and my case manager were super helpful. They said even if I don't come back to the program, if I ever need anything that they could help me with, I have their numbers to call them, which is nice because I just moved to a different area. So that's a big help. They're very hands-on with everybody. They can tell if you're having a bad day and they'd go out of their way to keep you all right.

I've been through a few programs, and I definitely learned the most at this program. They have good sessions that are different and they were more educational than the basic. They go more in-depth, which is nice. They really prepare you for after, when you leave, which a lot of places don't really do. The only thing that is an issue there is they're so understaffed and it was always a problem. And because of that, there's a lot of things that we couldn't do. But besides that, I had an awesome experience there. I would recommend that place to anybody, honestly. It's one of the best places in the state for sure.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I had a great experience at BBH. Our patient community came together to create a wonderful and healing environment. The staff is very attentive and caring, going above and beyond in many ways, especially the nurses and RSS staff. There are many wonderful extra programs, such as a special Sunday night concert, Patton the therapy dog, fishing on the pier, outside NA/AA meetings and much more. The actual facility is beautiful and the view is amazing. I would highly recommend this treatment center.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

The time I spent at RCA was one of the most helpful treatment experiences I've had. The staff was very friendly and helpful, both the RSS staff and Clinical staff. I couldn't have even imagined a nicer, more comfortable facility, and the food was plentiful and delicious. I couldn't recommend it more.

Recovery Centers of America Company Information