4.49/5
  • 1 star
Based on 179 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recovery Centers of America (RCA) is the fastest growing addiction treatment provider in the U.S., making treatment for addiction and other mental health disorders as affordable and accessible as any other disease. With world-class clinical treatment in state-of-the-art facilities throughout New England, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland, every RCA patient is given the highest standard of care and evidence-based treatment with dignity and respect close to where they live and work.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 7, 2017

179 Recovery Centers of America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

It was a good overall experience. There were minor hiccups with nursing giving medication but Brian addressed the issue. There was a major lack of communication and I will be leaving tomorrow with no intensive outpatient set up. I asked for family therapy session and never received it. I also requested a tour of sober house and will be returning home because I never received it. I will not return to Bracebridge if I ever am in need of treatment. Chris ** was the most informative teacher and he was only here once a week.

Good morning Jack,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback - it is critically important for us to hear from patients on the things we are doing well as well as those areas where we need to improve. We want you to know that we are here to support you in every way possible as you transition into life post-treatment. We'd like to hear more from you so we can further look into the issues you've outlined. If you would, please reach out to our rapid response hotline at 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com and we will look into how we can address the concerns you mentioned quickly & thoroughly.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Staff is wonderful. Really like the new music therapist from the last time I was here. Stay was wonderful and everyone was very pleasant. Beds were really comfy and food was delicious. I love the new wellness groups as well. I really feel it has changed for the better since the last time I was here.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Bracebridge was a great facility. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I really appreciated everyone's support and level of empathy and kindness. For the most part everything was done accurately and promptly. The staff treated me like family. The groups were set up perfectly, and efficiently. I learned a lot here and I look forward to my experience outside of here.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

This treatment facility has really changed my entire outlook on life. I couldn't have asked for a better staff and community, everything about BraceBridge is really amazing and I cannot wait to come back for the alumni program. Thank you everyone for changing my life for the good.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Communication about medication taper and length of stay was difficult to deal with, but very grateful for the experience regardless. Staff was very friendly, and small group with counselor went very well. Sleeping quarters were clean and well kept. Food was prepared well. This location (Bracebridge) worked very for me. Very glad for transportation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Recovery Centers of America?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Bracebridge - I liked the staff. I enjoyed the one on one care and I feel great. I enjoyed the food. The rooms were clean. Medical was wonderful to work with. If you needed anything there was always some to help. Check in and check out was great. I would tell anyone that needed help to contact this place.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Jessica and Peter are the best, I enjoyed my time here immensely. The staff were professional and courteous. A very comfortable atmosphere. I would most definitely recommend this location to anyone in need (BraceBridge) and feel that I have gathered valuable information as well as important life skills that will help me navigate life in a successful, happy manner.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Bracebridge - I loved the staff! They are so friendly and super helpful with anything you need! The cooks had vegetarian options for me and it was always very good! The place is beautiful and it was a hard decision to leave because of how comfortable I was here. I will miss it!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

My stay at RCA Bracebridge has been both rewarding and frustrating at the same time. The staff and community were extremely great and the therapy received was awesome. I was a little concerned with the consistency of communication between staff. It seemed requests were not addressed in a timely manner.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Bracebridge - Overall the experience was good. Certain of the RSS were sleeping on the job, playing candy crush on facebook on their phones. However, they were helpful. The nursing staff were pleasant, helpful and concerned; Terry took out my stitches onsite - quite helpful! My main therapist and nursing therapist were awesome! My case manager was very helpful. Discharge was not organized well; I was not even in the system for discharge until I asked 16 hours before departure date. Food was below fair. Didn't see doctors despite my health issues. I would come back (hopefully will not have to!).

Good afternoon David,

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

The stay was great with a lot of help from staff all around. My primary therapist was very helpful in not only helping me with my addiction, but with some personal problems that I was experiencing. Also Audrey, the nurse practitioner was extremely knowledgeable with all of my meds.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Extremely kind and supportive staff, warm welcoming atmosphere, everyone was very supportive of each other and I had a great counselor. If I had to recommend anyone to a rehab it would be here. This was my first treatment and I'm pretty positive it's going to be my last but if I ever had to seek help and treatment again it would be here.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Great RSS, long wait to see doctor or psych. Got put on list 4 days for psych and 3 days for doctor. Good, friendly staff. First and hopefully last experience but wouldn't have any shame coming back because I was here with people who did and know one was looked down upon.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I had a great experience here at your facility (Lighthouse). I didn't like so much my admission Rep, He showed a lot of arrogance and was not too much interested in what I had to say. Then I got the young lady. She was great.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

My time at Bracebridge Hall was amazing the staff was very good and comforting. They helped me with my mental health needs and helped me uncover some things about my life that has been covered for so long. I have learned how to love myself and be compassionate with other and have empathy for them as well. Carrie my therapist was by far the most amazing person Ive ever met. Made me feel at home and did not force me to talk about anything I didnt want to. Lizzy, Jessica, Mike, Alvin, Ashley, Kelsey, Judy, Harriet and Lisa have been absolutely amazing in my growth here and as an individual. Most amazing people I have met in my life. Would recommend anyone seeking treatment to give yourself a break and go to BBH.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I’ve been at the Recovery Centers of America three times but this last time was my worst experience. I loved RCA the first two times because it was a lot more personable. This last time around felt more corporate-ish. I feel like it was less about the patient and more of a job than how it used to be when people really cared. There was a lot of different faces in the building now so maybe that’s why. But my mindset wasn’t 100% either this time. I just came in to get the crap out of my system and roll. Nurse Kim, though, went above and beyond. A lot of people did but Kim got my number one vote this time. She remembered everything about me from the last couple of times and she was extremely caring. She’s awesome and she deserves more recognition.

Good afternoon Jaclyn,

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I was greeted, cared for appropriately and was made comfortable at the Recovery Centers of America. Everybody there was positive and seemed to be sincere about their job. I have medical issues and I wasn’t there for any type of street drug. I was there for abusing my medication. I have experienced having postmortem withdrawals and I didn’t know what I was going through. I mentioned it to somebody and they jumped right on it and figured out what was going on, and they took care of that situation. I was really pleased.

The place is gorgeous. It’s a big, old mansion and they have a whole bunch of very expensive furniture and artifacts, pictures, and all types of knick-knacks. At the capacity, if they had 60 or 70 people there, people don’t take care of stuff like that. I just thought a value in it because I guess I'm older but I'm sure as they move forward, they’ll figure that part out. They have vases and furniture in certain rooms with really good leather chairs. They also have a nice piano.

I've been to facilities where they don’t value that stuff. Kids write their names on things. I had to go somewhere and I went to Florida and all the pictures that they showed you on the website was a bunch of lies. When I got to RCA, everything that should be on their website, that’s what their place looks like. I see they’re doing additions to add more to it and they’re building all around it. What you see is real and it’s not a fake-out.

I understand they’re a fairly new site that they have. There were some things that they were working out. There were times when the staff wasn’t positive about where and what they should have had been doing. There was a small situation where they started to ask everybody to go to this one particular room. If there was somebody out there shooting guns and everything, we were in a round room. They have this great big table in the room and it’s all glass around. That wasn't the right place to send people if you thought there was some type of threat.

But they realized it and they handled it. They took care of it the next morning and it won’t happen again. I see their place being someplace that would probably grow in the future and once they get through all the little kinks that new businesses or new facilities have, it’s gonna be a good place. I also had a smaller incident where they weren’t sure where I was supposed to move. They told me to move to a room and the room wasn't quite ready but that’s expected. That was a communication gap.

I stayed there for two weeks and they’ve called me every week since I’ve left there. That wasn't my first time into a treatment center and I've never had that. I appreciate the fact that they reached out to me. The guys there are good. They feed you well, the place is outstanding and I've never seen anything like that as far as treatment. I needed to clear my head, clear my body and Recovery Centers of America handled that to the utmost. Overall, it was enjoyable, considering why I was there. I was made comfortable and at ease.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

It was decent. I enjoyed my 31 days here. It was decent. I'm ready to go home and start school again. I appreciate all of the staff that helped me find recovery and work towards a goal. Thank you Bracebridge. I will miss the chocolate milk and grilled cheese.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I stayed at Recovery Centers of America for 22 days and it was excellent compared to the center I stayed at before that was horrible. At Recovery Centers of America, everybody was well-informed and I liked the help that I got. The people were wonderful, very willing to help and they actually cared. They understood my problems and they made me feel a lot better. Their facility was beautiful too.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

My sister's experience at Recovery Centers of America was a very needed experience and it has been positive. We were thrilled that when we did the intervention for her, she embraced the opportunity. Recovery Centers of America have a site that was geared toward the healthcare professional, nurse, first responder and she is a nurse. They’re also part of her insurance which is a big issue. But other than that, it is basically well-established and what I found online was impressive. I googled their online presentation and there was a gentleman who did a three-minute video. In terms of the overall program, their website is very well done.

The interactions we had when setting up the program went well. We went down and visit. We are up in New York and it was a four-hour drive each way. Everyone there was incredibly gracious and kind. My sister is a healthcare professional and she has a doctorate in nursing. She’s a very intelligent woman and was very comfortable in that environment. She was able to relate to the staff and they related to her. She seems to be doing well. In fact, we just spent Saturday evening together and she seems very committed to attending meetings. She said she was going out to breakfast Sunday morning with some of the people that she’s met at the meetings. I spoke to one of her daughters and asked how things are going at home. And she said, “Good.”

She’s using the courthouse, the AA meetings. She said it’s cute because she made a comment about one of the people that attend the meeting. The gentleman was in his 80’s. She goes to the different meetings based on time because she’s working. If she’s off a day, she might go earlier in the day. Yet, if she’s teaching that day and she’s not able to get to a meeting until 6 pm at night, she may attend a different town or a different site based on her schedule and her capability or ability to do so.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

My stay here was a very good experience. All of the employees are dedicated towards my recovery and treated me with respect!!! The building can be a bit confusing but it's beautiful comforting place. I am extremely glad I chose RCA for my recovery.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

The staff was good and the facility was very nice. It was a great and comfortable experience. And the weekend experience was good 'cause we had down time to relax and have a break from busy week. Even though I didn't have a long stay here, the time I did stay was good and educational. The staff was good and helpful but the food does need improvement.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I loved the smaller patient ratio. More individualized intensive care. Compassion and availability of staff was great. Food very good. Lots of activities to do for recovery... rooms very comfortable. High quality of education and treatment form treatment team. Having a primary therapist as well as a family therapist exceeded my expectations. Family involvement here was critical to my recovery.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Overall, my experience was good. I truly had an amazing experience with my primary therapist, Carrie. She offered a lot of insight when we spoke. The RSS staff did not all follow the rules that should have been enforced. There seemed to be a lack of communication amongst the staff and their "higher-up". One RSS would enforce certain rules, whereas others did not. I did not appreciate the fact that so many of the RSS staff were blatantly on cell phones in front of patients and during groups. To me, this is a huge lack of professionalism.

Good afternoon Carrie,

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My overall experience was very good! My Primary Counselor, Kathleen was excellent and helped me to sort through a lot. Ms. **, Ms. **, Dante, Ali, and Sue inspired me and gave me the tools I need to be successful in my recovery. I feel very strong as I head out of the protective bubble of RCA to transition into my alcohol-free life outside of these walls!!

My Case Worker, Kelsey worked tirelessly to set up a comprehensive After-Care plan for me and I greatly appreciate all that she did for me. The Head Chef, John was wonderful to me as well, as he ordered special food items to address my personal dietary needs and checked up on me regularly to make sure I had everything that I needed!! Amanda and Becky in the kitchen bent over backwards to help me as well... You are very lucky to have these ladies on your team! I loved John **'s Meditation, Jessica's Reiki, and Alex's Gym classes and will continue to do these activities!

I do have a couple of complaints as well. One of my shirts never made it from my suitcase to my room on my first day here and I would like the security video to be checked. Also, tweezers disappeared from my contraband box. On my last day here, I was treated rudely by Angela in the kitchen and I didn't appreciate her attitude with me! Finally, The Family Counselor notified my sister twice for telephone meetings that I had no knowledge of... I was here for 28 days and I do feel that I should have had a conference with my sister and my mother, but I did not. Overall, I feel blessed.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Staying at Lighthouse was a great experience. All the staff, nursing, and all other employees were very accommodating. The staff was always supportive. I Enjoyed all groups and different activities throughout the day. This is definitely the nicest treatment center that I've been to.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

It is definitely a good place for recovery and also all the staff here were great and very. The groups were great and got you prepared for when you leave here. They press the 12 steps and also to get a sponsor which is great. If I happen to run into somebody having issues with addiction I will tell them about this place.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

The people at Recovery Centers of America were very nice and very professional. They took their time and the meetings were informative. Everybody asked the same questions but I understand they have to do that. Also, the place was beautiful and clean. There's a couple of people that would do something out of the ordinary and make it extra special just to make my stay better. There are five people that I wrote letters to. I did a daily class two years ago. I didn't like it all and I couldn't wait to get out of there. Compared to Recovery Centers of America, it was night and day. My experience had been very positive and encouraging. I was very happy and if I had to recommend a place to somebody, I would recommend that place.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I went to Recovery Centers four weeks ago. The first week of detox was the worst but it became easier after that. I wish I could’ve stayed into a 30-day program but they were disorganized and there were too many things out there. Their staff was good in helping out but nobody knew or had a clue what they were supposed to be doing. When I was there, everybody had bracelets on but I didn't. Also, I was looking for a medicine, not a narcotic, but they said, "You had the meds at 1:00 o'clock." but I never got it. I couldn’t argue with the girl when I was in rehab. That aside, the post-treatment helped me and I'd recommend Recovery Centers to a friend because it helps out by getting sober and anything is better than staying at home.

Good afternoon Jarred,

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I had a good experience at Bracebridge Hall. The staff was polite and so was the community that I was surrounded by. I really enjoyed the food and the chefs. I did not have a great experience with my second roommate because I don't think the staff paired us together properly. As far as problems with the television to the room temp.

Recovery Centers of America Company Information