Call toll free
4.55/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recovery Centers of America (RCA) is the fastest growing addiction treatment provider in the U.S., making treatment for addiction and other mental health disorders as affordable and accessible as any other disease. With world-class clinical treatment in state-of-the-art facilities throughout Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland, every RCA patient is given the highest standard of care and evidence-based treatment with dignity and respect close to where they live and work.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

327 Recovery Centers of America Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 10, 2019

Recovery Centers of America was one of the places that my insurance would cover. From day one, it was awesome. The people at the desk were super nice even though I had a little buzz on. I knew what I was getting into. Two weeks into it, I saw the girl from the front desk and she said that I was so sweet when I came in and that she was glad I am doing well. She remembered me and I asked her if I caused any trouble back then. She told that I was just great. So, that reinforced the fact that when I came in, it wasn’t like I was a sheep going through, but it was personal. The girl was there on Day 1 and she was talking to me on Day 14. It makes you feel like you count and you mean something to somebody. It was really, really cool.

It has absolutely been amazing in terms of what I learned there, and to take like skills of coping to the outside world. I've made many great connections with people there and I had an opportunity to learn so much about myself and about other people. I was a peer leader in there, and it really meant a lot to me to have other guys count on me. I’ve always played sports my whole life, and it reminded me that camaraderie of being in a team. Everyone has an up and down day, and you might get in arguments, and you might not agree on everything together, but you’re all in it together. It was really cool for me. It was just the kinda atmosphere that I thrive on.

The kitchen staff was amazingly awesome. The staff of counselors that I worked with and talked to on a day-to-day basis were fantastic. They got to know me and I never felt like a number or just a random name. I could have real life conversations with them, and not even about recovery. I never felt like they were belittling me. It was like you all know why you’re here, but at the same time, I felt like a regular person just getting help. I didn’t feel like I was in a rehab facility. Every one of the people I worked with were so cool. I felt so comfortable around them. It was great for me.

I’m out of the program now and I feel good and I’m healthy. I still talk to guys that are still in there or out of it. We keep in contact and we really made good friendships. It is really cool that you’re all on the same boat. I like that. We’re all here for a reason, and we all count on each other, and wanna help each other in the next level. I’ve learned a lot and I would welcome the opportunity to help anyone.

Get expert buying tips about Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2019

The folks from Recovery Centers of America came and picked me up and it was nice. But with the traffic and the weather we had in February, the drive was a little rough. At the same time, the way you have to go from Frederick to Waldorf is not an easy commute, no matter what time of year. When I got to the recovery center, I was physically ill and throwing up. But the nurse for the in-process was good, although there was a ton of repetitive information. You had to in-process five different groups of people so some of the information was redundant. It gets a little old, especially when you're not in your sharpest mind.

Still, I had a good treatment. I got along great with everybody. I even ended up becoming the men's group president and that was cool. The staff was wonderful too, but there were a couple who were like former corrections officers. Two of them particularly had a mindset that you’re an inmate rather than a patient. That was because they got mixed people. I was there voluntarily but then some people were court-ordered. But regardless of that, we were there for treatment. Still, a couple of the RCA staff were a little heavy-handed. Other than those two though, everybody treated us with respect and as a patient.

The biggest negative about the whole thing was that I didn't realize that the opioid epidemic was so damn bad. My addiction was with alcohol but clearly, the majority of the people at the recovery center were there for opioid abuse and issues. That demographic was very young too, relative to the alcoholics. They're in the young and middle 20s and for about two weeks, it was tough because their addiction is not what alcohol addiction is. It was a mess. The older people were primarily there on their own accord. They wanted to change and anybody who wants change will make that decision and treatment. But a lot of the young people didn’t care. They hijacked people's treatments and were in and out of classes. They were so disruptive and disrespectful. It was almost as though some of those people had been in the criminal justice system. So maybe it wasn't the proper treatment facility to start with.

I know RCA can't do a separate facility but there might need to be separate classes. RCA has to decide where their sweet spot is gonna be. If it’s gonna be everybody, then it is what it is. But if they’re gonna be selective, they have to find their spot. If they’re gonna do opioid addiction, they can do better by having facilities and treatment classes that go to addiction.

I think the opioid problem is big enough that they can have a center that's just based on that and then have the proper staff. The addiction that persists around the opioids is a lot stronger and more destructive. There were people who were in detox for a week, whereas an alcoholic might go in there for three or four days. Not everybody from the RCA staff had been a heroin addict either. You could tell which instructors or guidance people had a background in it and then those who did not. There were some people who had real world experience and there were some people who had book smarts because they went to college and ended up as a counselor or therapist.

From the management standpoint, there was also a lot of what appeared to be the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing. There were certain little things like whether something was scheduled or what they would do when the next person comes in. When I got there, the classes started right on time, 9am on the dot, in the first few weeks. But then they started less than five minutes and sometimes, 15 minutes. The treatment is very expensive care too. I was fortunate enough that my insurance company was gonna pay for everything. But it was basically $30,000. If you count the number of people in there, that’s a lot of money.

I mainly went to the one in Waldorf because it is physically closer than the one in Earleville, Maryland. The facility was about a year and a half old and it was a really nice facility. I'd give them credit for that. But if they don't make changes, they're gonna start having some fundamental problems and I would hate to recommend RCA to somebody then. Word is gonna get out like, "Don't come here. This place is a mess." But I'm assuming that the new CEO would make changes with their approach. I would speak very highly of RCA but I would also have people do their due diligence. If I was going into a program, I would ask what their mix is, who and what they treat, and what they specialize in.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I had my problem with drinking and I was in the hospital. Recovery Centers of America was recommended and I was told, “If you wanna go to a really good place to get yourself together, RCA is the place to go.” I’m a former military and a former law enforcement, and I expected the initial stringent interaction. In RCA, it was like you were under lockdown, but it was the way it should be. There are no phones. There is constant surveillance which I felt was good. Everybody was friendly, courteous, and helpful. The accommodation was excellent and the food was very good. We had two people in a room. Each bed has its own large-screen TV and a coffee room on each floor.

I was in a special wing, a special floor for first responders, cops, firemen, paramedics, military and we got all along pretty well. I’m still in contact with my roommate and with other people that I was there with. My therapist, April, was excellent. The counselor, Jimmy, was good. He was pretty passionate about his job there. A lot of the RSS, the people that kept an eye on us, walked the halls, and observed, were good. The family therapist, Ed, was another guy that was really good and very helpful. When it's downtime and there’s nothing else to do, I hit the gym, which I think was important for my recovery. I had gym time pretty much any time I wanted even though there was a structured gym time. It was all opened up to us. Everybody at RCA was good.

One of the things, which I’m still involved in and probably for the next two weeks, is that they set me up on Intensive Out-Patient, scheduled week-nights. They were weekdays before, and that is at the Center City Recovery. This is my second rodeo and I didn’t have that the first time. I was hit by my father’s death after the first time, so I basically went to the bottle again. But this time, Matt from RCA set me up for the IOP. I wanted to go to a place in Philly where I live, where I was born and raised, but this has been very helpful for me. A week in the hospital, four weeks in Devon, and 90 days at the Center City Recovery and I’m on my way now. I highly recommend RCA and I would recommend this facility to people out there in need whether alcoholic like myself or people with other addictions. There are more people out there than people generally realize that need to be in recovery.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I was going through some things and then my wife had registered me for a place. She called up Pathways but it was pretty full and they didn’t have beds. I needed to get somewhere immediately, so she looked online and found Recovery Centers of America in Waldorf, MD. I’m from Upper Marlboro, so it’s about 15 minutes away. She took it upon herself and I went to Recovery Centers of America.

It was my first time in a rehab. At first, I was pretty scared and worried about what I was getting into. Upon arrival, I looked around the building and it seemed to be pretty nice. I met with a lady named Deborah and she told me all about the rules and regulations. And then, I went to intake with the young lady, Crystal, who was very nice. She made me feel a whole lot more comfortable. I’m a cigarette smoker, so she gave me a chance to smoke my cigarette while she was checking me in.

I’ve been telling everybody about Recovery Centers of America because it’s a very nice place if you have a problem. The comfortability is nice and the staff is great. You can get a lot out of RCA. You have a certain RSS at RCA and that was just phenomenal. They made me feel very comfortable even it was a time when I wanted the AMA. A young lady talked me out of it. The first couple of days being on blackout was frustrating, but I understood the concept of it. After that, it was pretty cool. However, as the program went on, you get like you wanted to come home and do your thing again. But there were a lot of good people there like Harris, Chuck and Jay who kept me from AMA. The group itself came together by about Day 7, and the group started to know each other a little bit more. It became more of a family bond and it just was a good experience overall.

One thing that is needed at RCA at least in Waldorf though is like myself who is willing to go to speak to some of the newer patients and tell them that we have stayed in those rooms and sat in those chairs and now in recovery. That should be brought to someone’s attention because they have a couple of people who come in, but it’s normally the same AA group or NA group, but those are people who have never stayed at RCA.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I’ve always been a social drinker but in the last few years it got worse and it started to scare me. I was gonna stop drinking on my own but I just couldn't do it. When I decided I needed treatment, my husband went online and looked to see what was compatible with our insurance. Recovery Centers of America got a good overall review.

RCA's place was very nice in appearance. I was very scared, very nervous and very ashamed, and they treated me very respectfully. I did appreciate that very much. The staff were very nice. I had a primary therapist and we met privately and in groups. She was very good. She got me to get outside my comfort zone. She was very fair and I think she really did a wonderful job with me.

They also have the rehabilitation support specialists. They were wonderful. They did groups and it really was a well-designed program from my experience. There was some complaining with some of the younger patients and it was mostly for good, because they weren’t able to socialize with the male population as much as they like. It was very well supervised. The reason I went there was I needed professional help and I’m not a professional so I took advantage of it. I did everything they asked me to do and I really learned a lot about myself and had wonderful experiences. I can’t tell how many wonderful people are employed there. I can’t say one negative thing.

Right now, I’m feeling very good. I also have very good family support. I think that’s very important. When I first came out, I got involved with AA right away, going to meetings and doing the steps. I initially got into what they call a PHP, which was partial hospital program and that was every day -- Monday through Friday from 9:00 to 2:30 and that was two weeks and now

I’m in what they call IOP, which is intensive outpatient program and I’m currently in my second week of that. That is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 9:00 to 11:15. And I’m back to work. My work was very supportive of me and I’m very grateful. I had a case manager who handled all my insurance and my aftercare and they got me set up. I l left the rehabilitation center on a Thursday and I went right to the Malvern Institute. I did the interview there and then I asked if I could start Monday. I didn’t wanna start the next day because I just wanted to get acclimated. I wanted to get some meetings in and try to network a little bit. But they really were helpful. And I also had what they call a family therapist, which he was very wonderful in keeping me in touch with my family.

There was a five-day blackout period where you can’t really speak. If he was in the room, you could make a phone call on a speaker phone. There was never a privacy. But it was at least reassuring to be able to talk with family members. I really wanted to get better. I think some people go in RCA were either forced or court ordered and I think a lot of them, especially the younger ones,. And they’re very nice people even to the patients. They really gave a lot of bonding time. You really got to be in a relationship. It was really nice. I think some of the patients just were not happy and most of it had to do with regulations. But I thought all the rules were very fair.

Recovery Centers of America response

Hello Jeanmarie! I am happy to hear you’re feeling good. Thank you for your feedback. Do you want to help alumni, families and friends maintain a life in meaningful recovery? Do you want to help plan activities, meetings and events that promote community, networking, service and FUN in recovery in your neighborhood? Do you want to save lives and join a rapidly growing recovery community of inspiring, dedicated, and compassionate souls? If the answer is yes to any of the questions above, please call 610-994-2908 or reply to this email to learn more about volunteering for the Alumni Association or events near you. Alumni, families friends and current patients get so much out of their involvement in the Alumni Association, I have no doubt you will too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Recovery Centers of America?

Original review: June 14, 2019

I heard of Recovery Centers of America from a friend. The facility was good, and so were my interactions with their staff. Everything was pretty much what I needed. If I needed other stuff, I would just ask them and they would be willing to help me out. It was way more than what I needed, but to me, it was a good place to at least start off something new for me and other people. My experience with them was long but it was worth it.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Arriving at Recovery Centers of America was great. Everyone was courteous, respectful, very concerned and wanted to help. They are incredible in Bracebridge. With whatever they did, they tried their very best to give me a solid foundation and they recommend a lot of programs and outpatient treatment for one trying to succeed in recovery.

Original review: June 7, 2019

Upon arriving at Recovery Centers of America, the experience was good. I came in 11:00 or so at night, but it went pretty smoothly. Everyone was nice and helpful. No one seemed rude or disrespectful. The people that would babysit us were great. The ones that ran the groups were all really good too. I didn’t have any complaints about any of them.

They told me I was gonna meet with a doctor or a nurse practitioner to talk about medications, etc. It was like diagnosing any mental health problems or anything like that. The only thing that I had any negative feeling about was the nurse practitioner that I had. She was kinda rushing through the whole process with me. She didn’t really seemed like she cared as much. She just seemed like she just wanted to get done with the process that I was doing with her. She seemed like she was sort of empathetic but she just was almost impatient. She didn’t come off as rude, but it was like I was taking up her time. A couple of times, I was interrupted ‘cause she was telling me what I was feeling when I was trying to explain to her. So, I was a little confused.

I had a month of sobriety there to kinda clear my thoughts. Giving me time of sobriety, alone, is great, ‘cause I was kept away from anything that might’ve triggered me or caused me to wanna go out and drink. They were good at getting me to think more as opposed to just reacting so quickly negatively. They were well at equipping me with the tools that I needed to think more. Recovery Centers of America definitely helped me and I think that they could help a lot of people too.

Original review: May 30, 2019

My case worker from Recovery Centers of America, named Laura, was wonderful. I’m still going strong on the AA and it was she who had a big impact. There was also another nurse and they’re very helpful with my medical problems. All I can do is take the tools that they gave me and apply them. And right now, that’s what I’m doing. I’m trying to find an AA group out here in my hometown that I’m comfortable with, or maybe get a sponsor. The only problem I have is that I'm diabetic and they have some good, delicious, sweet stuff like cakes but none of it was sugar-free. It was all for people who are not diabetic and I would’ve loved to have some of that. But other than that, the people and the facility were really nice. I had a good experience.

Original review: May 18, 2019

RCA is an awesome rehab facility. This was my first rehab I have went to. All of the staff were truly the nicest people to be around while going through the process of recovery. Most of the RSS staff have been through addiction and recovery and know what you are going through make a big difference. If I would have known a place like RCA existed I would have went sooner. Thank you again RCA. 53 days sober and loving life!!!

Original review: May 15, 2019

The people at Recovery Centers of America were very welcoming and accommodating. Everyone was really friendly and I liked everyone. They were very professional, but they were very knowledgeable as well. One thing I particularly liked was a lot of the staff there were in recovery themselves, so I could relate to them more. They let me know that there's a friendlier side to being in that situation, and now I'm not ashamed of it. I've come out of it feeling very confident and knowing that I'm always welcome. I've been back there a few times for groups, and everyone I've met there treats me like I'm an old friend rather than a patient. That has made getting help and staying sober easier.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Waldorf was my location. Beautiful campus. Great accommodations. Food selection was excellent and input on future dishes were sought. Great staff. Very understanding and great at showing empathy. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to restart their lives with the tools and resources they will need. Excursions were greatly beneficial.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I was researching a few places online and I came across Recovery Centers of America. I compared them to the other places and called them up. They have a really nice looking place and when I came in, everybody was very understanding and really nice. Also, I wasn’t confused, so my impressions were very good. Their staff were great as well. The RSSs were very attentive and I was able to talk to a couple of them. One of them was Corey, so that was pretty good. Plus, my therapist and case worker were awesome. So, it wasn’t difficult to speak with them at all. I had been in other places before, but I felt like I was able to get those at Recovery Centers of America when I needed them to get my answers.

They taught me a lot of different strategies to cope with cravings that I really didn’t have before. I’ve heard them before but they were explained differently there. And I’ve been able to stay sober since I’ve been out and been attending meetings. When I’m not and I get a craving, I know how to deal with it more effectively. We also did the art and the music programs at Recovery Centers of America. The karaoke night was great and really cool. The food was awesome, too.

Original review: May 11, 2019

My experience at Recovery Centers of America was great. Checking in was smooth and they were very welcoming. The staff was great, but towards the end, you feel more like a business transaction than anything. Trying to find the review state and things like that were a pretty big hassle. It wasn’t communicated to me about my FMLA, saying that I needed the completion when I really didn’t. Also, I found out I had to stay there 32 days when I could’ve been out in 28. There was a poor job in communicating. In the end, they helped get my life back on track and put me in a position to succeed.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Recovery Centers of America is like no other rehab I've been to before. All the staff was there for me. They were nice and professional. When somebody new would come in, one of the patients would show them around. They did the same for me and asked me if I needed anything. With other rehabs, it would be the opposite and it wouldn't be a good environment.

Orientation and accommodations were also pretty good. Still, they could give people a little more when they get in, like what they might not have such as shampoo or a bar of soap. Even so, the staff handlers were great and they worked with me. They didn't try to push me too hard and got me to where I needed to go when I left. It was a great experience all the way around.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Recovery Centers of America did an awesome job. The staff was great. I only planned on staying there for seven days and because of the staff, I stayed the whole time and I had a great experience.

Original review: April 25, 2019

We were in a hurry to get me in somewhere so we did a lot of research and we found a center that was relatively close, which was Recovery Centers of America. When I arrived at the facility, everybody was super welcoming and very helpful. They were understanding of my situation and I felt cared for and welcomed from day one. The staff that I dealt with were all great. They were really polite and wanted to do their best to motivate us to get to groups and be functional within the little community that we had. Cassandra was my counselor at the Waldorf location and she was excellent. She was extremely helpful as I deal with some of the things I had going on.

The entire experience was a positive and wonderful thing. It was what I needed at that time and everybody was supportive. The guys I was with in the facility were also some of the greatest people I've met in a long time. I lost track of my strong support system even when I was with my family and checking into Recovery Centers of America's facility has helped me get in touch with that. They became a good mediator between my family and myself. I have also felt better since I got out of the facility. During the whole process I felt a little bit guilty and ashamed, but having talked to some of the people involved and going through the groups that we had, I felt more comfortable in my own skin. I would definitely recommend Recovery Centers of America. I hope more people can get into their facility and experience what I experienced for themselves, if they're looking for it.

Original review: April 23, 2019

My 20-year-old son had nothing but positive experience with Recovery Centers of America. He had a 30-day stay there and since then, they had a sober living program where he has been for two months now. Everything was really good. It was at the right time for him and we went to the right place in our city. He met people at RCA that he still lives with and he is grateful for what RCA did for him.

It was my first experience with that kind of recovery and I thought it would be more like a hospital but it was nothing like one so I was impressed. Now, I know what to expect so I know what to compare other places to and hopefully, I never have to go to another one. Everybody at Recovery was excellent. Their people were very caring, very friendly and professional. They were trained well to see a guy like me who didn't know what to expect and looking for help and they were very cool about it, all the way around. All in all, I would recommend Recovery Centers of America.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I was having some issues with anxiety and depression and I was smoking to deal with that. I play lacrosse at the university and my athletic trainer recommended I speak to Recovery Centers of America to fix it. I was comfortable talking to the counselor and I had a good experience when I first arrived. The only issue I really had was with my bills. My athletic trainers had told me a certain price for everything but I turned around at the very end and it was a lot more than I was told. Other than the cost though, everything was very good. Everybody was nice and the service was good. We had talked about some issues, like why I was having anxiety, and they really helped me deal with those in a more productive way instead of bottling them up and letting them affect me on a daily basis.

Original review: April 19, 2019

My wife found Recovery Centers of America and recommended it to me. It was pretty good. The initial counselor suggested that I participate in another portion of the program but I didn't think it matched what I needed. She gave me the criteria and told me to do the in-house portion of it. I successfully made it through and I got a lot out of it. The counselor I had was really good. I still use the tools that she taught us in the class. It was a pleasant experience and I actually enjoyed going.

But there was a lady at the center who I just felt, initially, stereotyped me in some type of way. But I made it through without any hiccups and she saw that. I have no hard feelings about that at all. Also, there was an issue when it was time for me to go back to work. I voluntarily went back because I wanted to. I didn't have a mandate. The center released some information to my job. My job had no idea why I was out and when they saw the center's letterhead, they wanted clearance from a medical doctor. But there wasn’t one on staff that had an M.D. or a nurse practitioner to clear me to go back to work. I had to go see a source outside of the Recovery Centers of America in order to get cleared. Other than that, I’m clean now and I haven’t looked back.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Staff is professional, but down to earth when needed. I enjoyed the RSS thoroughly! The higher learning experience from the RSS and peers over the therapists/counselors. RCA is my second experience in recovery. I would use the word "sadly", but I gained so much more knowledge this time! They helped me achieve a priceless peaceful state of mind. It was also the first time meditation worked and helped my mentality. I am entirely grateful for the experience, and would never have a negative thought or comment towards RCA. MIMI IS AN ANGEL (Spirituality counselor)!!! I also miss her son Nick! Oh, and wellness with Noel... He's the man! I could sing praises all day every day!

Original review: April 12, 2019

We were trying to get me into rehab at the last minute, and my mom found and told me Recovery Centers of America. I’ve also seen it in the commercials. I was a little lost the first few days because they wanna leave you in detox and let you just get accustomed. They didn’t tell me that so I didn’t know what the schedule was. They detoxed me a little incorrectly and we had to adjust it a few days after the detox because they detoxed me a little too fast. But besides that, the experience was good.

Alexandria was my primary therapist at Waldorf. She was amazing and she helped me a lot while I was there. Cassandra was another primary therapist and she was great. The other staff, for the most part, were pretty cool. Recovery Centers of America helped me get into a recovery house and set up everything that I needed. It was useful and I got a lot out of it.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I just went to detox from a very short period of drinking daily due to severe stress and depression and anxiety. And I was never a drinker but for about a year I started drinking heavily on weekends which ended up into daily for about 3 months.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I’ve been to a few different relocation centers. Recovery Centers of America was the smoothest intake I’ve ever had. It was also the best place I've ever been to. Everybody was nice and made me feel very comfortable. Majority of the time, everybody was accommodating and genuine. Right away, the employees called me by my first name. All the staff really cared about how I was feeling. It went as well as it could have gone. It was definitely a good experience. I have a working program afterward, which is something I’ve never done before. Everything I’m doing that’s helping me out now is all stuff that I got out of RCA.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I’ve been to three Recovery Centers and they were all awesome, quick and easy. They made things comfortable. At the Lighthouse, there was a guy named Job who offered to do all my laundry and fold it. When I got there, he made me food. I just got six months over so it was pretty good. One of the case managers that I met at RCA Devon got me into a sober living house in California. I just prefer them when they were smaller like the RCA Devon which was only 150 people. It was much more personal than when they opened the expansion.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I felt as if my patient rights were violated. Most of the staff members were professionals and kind. Others were awful, unprofessional, and rude. Ami, RSS was a huge disappointment for me, she was a hypocrite and not kind. Erica was awesome.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

The people at Recovery are really topnotch. It was a great experience that I had there and they took care of me. I got along with a lot of staff members there 'cause I'm sort of a social person and a lot of the staff's in recovery as well. They know what I was going through and I can talk to them about certain things and they understood. That's a really comfortable feeling. They're caring and really helpful.

The thing that bugged me a little bit was there were a lot of young kids there in sad shape but they just didn’t take the treatment seriously a lot of times. It was frustrating for me but I had to worry about myself and not about them. Going into treatment must be taken seriously. It's not a joke. It's your life you're talking about. You can only get out of it what you put into it. You will have to want it. My experience at RCA has helped me out a lot on my own post-treatment. When you're in recovery in there, you're guarded. Then once you get out, you gotta really deal with things. If you're there just because you're court-ordered it's not fine at all, but if you really want it, you have to buckle down and do what you're told. It was tough for me. But I went to meetings and have a sponsor. Now, I'm doing well.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

It was really nice when I arrived at the Recovery Centers of America. They were really accepting and they treated me with care. It was a really good experience. I got along with their staff really well and I was able to learn from them. They were always there to help no matter what. The center equipped me well and it gave me the stepping stone I needed for recovery.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Everybody who worked at the Recovery Centers of America was super nice and the place was really pretty. A lot of the staff were recovering addicts. They could relate and they really understood where I was at. Their treatment to me was awesome. They were very respectful, funny, and cool. The center is a really great place and they really changed my life. I learned so much about addiction, DBT skills, and the 12 steps, so I feel like I'm able to use those in my life now. Things have been going really good since my treatment. I've been going to AA meetings, doing 90-90 and safe sober. They told me that if I ever need anything, I'm always welcome to call back or visit. That was truly nice.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

With my attitude towards my life, I didn't like to go to the Recovery Centers of America at first. But once I started to get to know the staff and they started to get to know me, I thought they were pretty good. The place sort of grew on me. The whole staff, like the people serving the food, were really cool. There were some days when you'd get different people and you wouldn’t like them as much as the other people just because the other people were so good. Some courses sort of went a little sideways, too, but it was never a big thing with me. I really took all the lessons even if the staff and I got in a little back and forth type of thing. I really liked it to be a type of lesson but it was more of working-on-myself type of thing. It was helping me working on myself.

I didn’t like learning, but I learned from being there that is a better way to use your time. They prepare you in there for when you get the urge to use. They get you equipped with tools. So far, I haven't used what I went in the center for. If you really need help, the center is a good spot to go. I saw a lot of people in there who were not feeling it but I was. Once it was my second week, it was hard because I was away from my family, but if I didn’t have those things to look back to, it would have been so hard for me. The center pushing the meetings on me was good as well. There was a lot of stuff to do that were cool. We got to go to the movies one time when we made all the meetings.

The only thing that could have gone differently was they could have let you look for a job in the meantime while you were there. They could help you get employed coming out. Overall, I like how the program went and it worked for me. There were little things to learn from and it was a good experience. But you kind of don’t know what to expect when you get out of being in a facility. You need some time as you can't just jump right back into a job. I just got a job today. This is my third week out.

Recovery Centers of America expert review by Erica Spiegelman

Recovery Centers of America offers in- and out-patient recovery therapy for people with heroin, opioid and alcohol addictions and those with mental illnesses. RCA also treats cocaine addiction. It has centers in Delaware, Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

• Treatment focus: Recovery Centers of America focuses on heroin, opioid and alcohol addiction and mental illness. They also help families of people with addiction learn to cope and help the person they love.

• In-patient services: Recovery Centers of America’s in-patient recovery programs include 24-hour nursing care, psychiatric and psychological services, individual and group therapy, relapse prevention and intervention, medication monitoring, discharge planning and help with re-entry into the community.

• Out-patient services: If outpatient services are right for you or your loved one, RCA provides both intensive and general services including individual and group therapy, family and couples therapy, 12-Step recovery and meetings, and psychological and medical services.

• Admissions: RCA will provide a free and confidential assessment to see if recovery services are right for you or your loved one. They also provide free insurance verification and door-to-door transportation in most cases.

• Locations: There are six in-patient treatment centers: Danvers, MA; Westminster, MA; Earleville, MD; Waldorf, MD; Mays Landing, NJ; and Devon, PA. RCA also has out-patient options in Manahawkin, Voorhees and Mays Landing, NJ; Danvers, MA; Devon, PA; and Wilmington, DE.

• Best for: young adults, adults, older adults, families and people who have relapsed with heroin, opioid or alcohol addictions.

Profile picture of Erica Spiegelman
Erica Spiegelman Drug and Alcohol Treatment Expert

Erica Spiegelman is an author, motivational speaker, and addiction and wellness specialist who works with individuals on personal growth and overall wellness. She’s a California State Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CADAC)-II from UCLA.

Recovery Centers of America Company Information