toll free

Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress

Recovery Centers of America

Peter, your feedback is very much appreciated. Very sorry to hear about some of the difficulties & complications you experienced. We're continually striving to improve the patient experience we provide and feedback like yours makes that possible. Due to the fact that we're a growing company, we occasionally have situations like this where areas in need of improvement are highlighted. We are however, very quick to respond & make adjustments as necessary and this case is no exception. We sincerely apologize for the lack of follow up on our part & will have a Case Manager reach out to you immediately to ensure we're doing everything we can from our end to support you moving forward in your recovery.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

My first time at Recovery Centers of America was pretty good but it cost me $40,000. It was great when I got there and the staff was friendly. But the company was bought out while I was there and then they had to go by new regulations and follow guidelines that were strictly enforced. As soon as they started getting regulated, the staff couldn't do what they were supposed to do. They wanted to do more but they couldn't. Then Recovery Centers started taking mass help and the way their service functioned was awful. It's not a place I would go back to. After I left, they provided all the necessary things for me to do but I had to do these on my own and never had a follow-up. Recovery Centers needs to stop taking mass help and go back to being a treatment place. Now, they're essentially just looking for cash whether it's from people going there or from the state.

Recovery Centers of America

Lisa, thank you for your detailed feedback - identifying areas where we're succeeding as well as areas in which we need to focus our improvement efforts are critical to our mission of continually raising the bar on the patient experience we are able to provide. It sounds like you were able to achieve precisely the type of transition we look to facilitate at our treatment centers - which is great!

We sincerely hope you continue to thrive in your recovery journey and want to do everything possible to support you throughout the entire process in any way we can. We encourage you to stay connected through service to others and even checking out our Alumni program which offers a variety of opportunities to stay involved. We will be following up with you periodically to ensure we're providing every available support resource!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I found out about Recovery Centers through phone calls that were initiated through Anchor Recovery in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. The nursing staff had a lot of miscommunication and was all over the place with their protocol and what they were giving people. The communication from shift to shift was very poor. However, it wasn’t a big deal for me because I worked in the field so I knew who to go to, what to do and how to follow up on things. Obtaining authorization from the original order of proprietor for outside medications was horrendous and I felt bad for the other people who didn’t know.

Beyond that, everyone was extremely pleasant, helpful, warm and inviting. All the staff were on point, knew what they were doing and had a very positive attitude. It was a wonderful experience and I’m still feeling good. The day-to-day treatment staff was wonderful. They have a great team. When you reach treatment, you trade off that military modality for a softer modality, which was great for me. I needed it ‘cause things can get hectic when the staff is afraid to take charge. Leading to recovery, I jumped back into what I had done previously. Our CA was a great stepping stone to get it reintroduced back to back. This is what I’m doing along with therapy.

Recovery Centers of America

Daron, thanks for your feedback & we're happy to hear about your positive experience with us. Our hope is that your experience at Recovery Centers of America will serve as a solid foundation upon which a lifetime of meaningful, rewarding recovery can be built. We encourage you to stay connected through service to others and even checking out our Alumni program which offers a variety of opportunities to stay involved. We will be following up with you periodically to ensure we're doing everything we can to support you in your recovery journey.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I was sent to Recovery Centers through a detox facility and it's a very nice facility. I walked in there and didn't know what to expect, but they were incredible as far as the accommodation goes. Everyone was warm, welcoming and my interactions with the staff were great. The group therapy was the most beneficial for everyone.

Resolution In Progress

Recovery Centers of America

Jamie, thank you so much sharing your positive experience with us. We strive to provide the highest level of care available anywhere for each & every patient that comes through our doors. We know when a patient walks in, we are helping them to make one of the most important transitions of their lives. Accordingly, we strive to provide compassionate care & an atmosphere that lends itself to the most comprehensive, effective & enthusiastic transition into recovery possible. One of our Case Managers will be reaching out to you to in order to ensure we're doing everything we can to support your journey in recovery post-discharge. Thanks again for sharing your experience with us & please keep up the good work!

Original review: July 21, 2017

I was there at the Recovery Centers of America twice. The first time was fine, but the second time, my blood pressure was high. They took me to the hospital and left me there for four hours. After discharge, the hospital continued to try to call the center but they kept dragging their feet. And then finally, they came and got me so I was really not happy. But everything was pretty smooth with the staff and the experience definitely helped me out a lot. It was different with the overall scene of the facility but it was a good experience.

Recovery Centers of America

Andrew - first & foremost, we're thrilled to hear that it sounds like you are in a great place with your recovery. If you maintain the same desire you have now & stay connected to the recovery community, you will continue to succeed. We're happy to hear about your positive experience with us & always proud of our staff for providing the highest level of compassionate care available anywhere. Lastly, we'd highly recommend getting involved with our Alumni program - it's a great way to give back & stay connected with other like-minded members of the recovery community.

Original review: July 15, 2017

The recovery centers are all pretty similar in their curriculum including what they tell you to do when you leave. But the community is more cohesive at Recovery Centers of America - it was smaller than the one that I was at. It was a nice 40-people as opposed to a 100 plus in other places I've been to were. A lot of the people there were really serious getting sober and clean, so I think it was a good place to kick start sobriety.

I got closer to all the people and that helped. I got to talk to a lot of staff while I was there and they're all nice and caring. Most of them were either in recovery or new people in recovery so I felt relatable to them and I liked my therapist. I was really comfortable with the staff. Also, the facility was really nice and the place was beautiful. It was right on the bay and it had a nice atmosphere. Then, they set me up with good after care and I've been staying in touch with them after treatment. Now, I feel like I know what I have to do, I just have to want to do it and put it into action. I've gotten all the materials and I feel like it comes down to where I'm at. No one's going to force me or convince me to do it and I have to want to do it myself. I would recommend it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Recovery Centers of America?

Recovery Centers of America

Joan, I'm not entirely sure where to start. You're incredible story has moved me to tears. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing story & experience with us. We are certainly praying for your granddaughter's continued success and we are ready & willing to help facilitate the process in any way we can.

It is so very important for family members of a loved one struggling with addiction to share their stories so that other families dealing with similar challenges know that they are not alone as well as the fact that treatment & recovery options are available! The impact of you're beautifully-written feedback cannot be measured in words, however; this is why RCA as a company exists. We strive to provide the same level of treatment, compassion & support on every single patient (as well as their families) we encounter.

Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts, and we obviously would like to continue having an ongoing conversation with you & your family about how we can best support your granddaughter moving forward.

Original review: July 11, 2017

I am recently retired at 72 years old and have raised four wonderful children by myself for most of their childhood, with a small income. We had very little but stayed strong together against adversity and they have grown into wonderful responsible adults and have made me proud. My first granddaughter is bi-polar and has indulged in narcotics since she was 18 years old, in spite of our constant warnings. Nothing in our past lives has compared to the worry, fear, anxiety and sleepless nights that we have endured to cope with her addiction. She has lied outrageously to obtain money for whatever reasons until we realized that it was all to buy drugs. She has stolen from all of us and brought her father to near nervous breakdown.

I have read that drug addiction has become an epidemic, and that eventually it will touch every family, but until it does one cannot believe the devastation it causes. I believe there are angels among us, and many reside at RCA in Westminster, because every person I have come in contact with there has been kind, understanding, knowledgeable, non-judgmental and willing to help in any way they are able. My granddaughter went through detox and residence for 21 days, was released but eventually she relapsed when she reunited with her old "friends".

Rick ** at RCA recommended Robert ** and Hallie ** who helped our family plan an intervention to save my granddaughter's life as she was associating herself with dangerous people. They managed to find her a bed in Westminster and she reentered unwillingly. After two weeks, she left the program, went on the run, and finally decided she couldn't live that life; she was starving, frightened, had no clothing, and no money for drugs. Again RCA came to the rescue and took her back for counseling.

Currently we are awaiting recommendation as to how we should proceed in order to rehabilitate her further. Our family has been subjected to this huge problem for five years and it has taken a huge toll on all of us, but we will always love her and try to help her. I, myself, not having been subjected to drug issues in my life, attend Learn2Cope meetings weekly so that I will know how to help her and how to keep my and my family's sanity. I also attended an RCA alumni reunion and met very friendly people, all willing to help and answer questions endlessly, even offering their phone numbers, more angels among us.

One young man admitted that he had been in prison due to addiction issues and spoke at length with me regarding my position. There were so many success stories that gave me hope for the future. I pray that God gives me enough remaining years to see my granddaughter healthy and happy as she should be and I know in my heart that if that happens, RCA will have been the catalyst for that result. No matter what happens I will never forget them.

I spent 31 days at RCA... Very difficult withdrawals made as easy as possible by the great staff. As I slowly got better the staff and my therapists were patient with me and helped me through some very difficult days. Many of the staff members also went through a recovery process and made their stories a hopeful one for me. The classes we had during the day were mostly upbeat and very useful as tools now that I am in the "Real World". I will be forever grateful to RCA.

Recovery Centers of America Company Profile