Call toll free
4.50/5
Based on 224 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recovery Centers of America (RCA) is the fastest growing addiction treatment provider in the U.S., making treatment for addiction and other mental health disorders as affordable and accessible as any other disease. With world-class clinical treatment in state-of-the-art facilities throughout New England, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland, every RCA patient is given the highest standard of care and evidence-based treatment with dignity and respect close to where they live and work.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 15, 2018

224 Recovery Centers of America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Overall it was a pretty good experience. Though they didn't touch upon my drug of choice in groups at all! And they messed up my medications several times! You have to watch the nurses here (Westminster) really close and your medications and advocate for yourself!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Amazing from day one. The staff was amazing, I have never felt more respected, I was treated like I was there to actually recover not as a patient, I received so much from the staff, it was amazing. I would not be sober today if it was for the tech especially Noel, Chris, Courtney, Jason, Devon, they changed my point of view in so many ways, and my counselor was also amazing. Gabby, Matt treated me with nothing but respect and their doors were always open. The patient advocate Jane was also amazing. She was amazing with my legal situation immediately. I've been in a lot of place but RCA Devon PA is top of the line. I will recommend it to anyone looking to make a change. The people actually care about each patient and it shows every day. I owe my life to that facility. Thank you for giving me my life back.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

RCA was closer to home when I first went there and I’ve been there three times. When I first went to the Danvers facility in Massachusetts, the arrival was good. The first time I went to Westminster my intake wasn’t long at all. Then this last time I went, it was very long and I was very cold. They wanted me to sit by a window that was cold. But then they got me a blanket so, it was all right. I wasn’t feeling good and I just wanted to go lay down. But it definitely took a lot longer than it should have. But I was also grateful that they flew me from Florida back to Massachusetts so I could get treatment. I was grateful for that.

Their staff is great. A lot of them are in recovery themselves and they know a lot. Then a lot of them have family members that are in recovery as well. They’re really there for us. The program got me ready to leave. RCA is a great space. The food’s great, beds are comfortable and the groups are good. I wish they have faster intake and it shouldn't take four hours. Some of the nurses weren’t that good. But there are nurses that were on point with everything when it came to medications.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

My experience was fantastic. The RSS staff was outstanding. The therapist (Tiffany) were and are amazing. Very helpful. All staff members were fantastic. I would recommend RCA to everyone who needs serious help. I couldn't have gotten sober without the help of the staff. They did their job to the T. The place is aces.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Lighthouse - This place is awesome, food is great along with the staff and RSS's, all are amazing. They have been a great help to me from Ali, Sue, Mrs. **, Kia, Bob **, and Gary, Ray and Atheena, all really great people who all played their part in this phase of my recovery for real. And last but not least my counselor Dave was the cornerstone of my stay here. Get his ** a raise lol. He really knows what he's doing. He knows how to touch a person's soul yo... really...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Recovery Centers of America?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Staff was excellent, the nurses were very helpful, the RSS staff went out of their way to help you. They are always there to help when you need it. They helped guide me through this journey. Food was good, kitchen staff was very accommodating. Overall I found it to be a very good experience. The only trouble I had was trying to see the doctor to get my prescriptions I brought with me (Prozac and naltrexone). I never got to see him.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

My experience with Recovery Centers of America was great. I was not accepted into any other rehab center. They told me that I didn’t drink hard enough since I didn’t drink every day in 30 days. I only drank one time. Also, the insurance at Recovery Centers of America was handled well while another place wanted $11,000 upfront, which I didn’t have. The arrival at Recovery Centers was good. The vicinity was only four hours away and the driver was really cool. And when I got there, Christine was the RPC that took care of me for the check-in and she was wonderful. It was on New Year’s Eve and I came in late. I got there 10:30 at night and the service there was good.

Lisa was my primary and she was amazing. She needs a raise. And there was Joaquin, the supervisor or the team leader, who was at night shift. He was also amazing. I’m only allowed to talk for 10 minutes a day and it made me worried once I realized where the hell I was and what had been going on. But the staff at Recovery Centers made the whole accommodation for me, to make me feel welcome and work on myself since I called for a reason. Connie, an RCP, and Sarah, the nurse manager, were phenomenal. And another staff did the church ceremony. However, I had a problem with one of the staff and I filed a grievance against her. She needs to lose her job because she doesn’t talk to the other staff well. She was horrendous and does not belong working in a rehab facility nor people with any kind of disability. But other than that, the experience went well.

I’m more of a binge drinker that goes on three or four binges a year. But I had grown up with alcoholic parents and my father was an addict. So, it’s definitely in my genes. Whether I binge drink or I drink every day doesn’t matter. But I would never have accepted it until I had the counseling and the therapy. That was the way I was saved. The outside meetings were so tremendous in my recovery since it was an eye-opener for me. I have a very successful position and I’ve made a life for myself as more like a functioning alcoholic, where I could never have accepted that part of me. Till this day, I go to their online meetings. I’ve accepted it and that was because of RCA. Had I not been there, I probably would have been out doing the same thing as before. I went to church, but I was going to church for somebody else. But at RCA, I worked solely on myself. So, the whole experience, from start to end, was amazing. I’m so thankful I went there.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

As a member of Alanon, I appreciated the opportunity to share the principles of our program with members of your Alcoholics Anonymous program. Personally, I found the facility to be cheerful and supportive and was impressed with your plans to make Alanon available to your clients.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Walking into the Admissions area was very welcoming and clean, nice touch to have snacks and beverages. Staff seemed a little unorganized and not very friendly. It is a new facility and I am sure that can improve. I was impressed with the information packet we received when leaving and how thorough it was.

Recovery Centers of America response

Hello Kimberly, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. At Recovery Centers of America, It is our goal to provide a flawless experience to every visitor who comes through our doors but it sounds like we may have fallen short on some of your expectations. Would you be able to give us a call at 1-833-RCA-ACTS so we can address your concerns directly? Thank you Kimberly and we look forward to speaking with you!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Recovery Centers of America's staff are all right and really helpful. The experience worked for me and I haven't got high. They are good and I'd definitely recommend them to other people.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I visited the RCA in Devon, PA on January 24, 2018 as a guest of Clare **, FRAT Director. Your facility is beautiful and peaceful. Clare gave me a tour of the facility and I appreciated the thought and design that went into to making it a confidential experience for the patient and visiting family.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

We arrived a little early and waited in the lobby to meet with the family counselor, Robin. We got there at 4:15 for our 4:30 appt; at 5:00 we wandered around until we found Ronald by the staircase. Our time with Robin was well-spent and our daughter's time at RCA was life-saving.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I was one of three friends who recently admitted a friend who wanted help. The staff at Devon was amazing; pleasant, professional, kind, informative and very helpful. I returned the following day to drop-off something and the front desk person and weekend manager were wonderful and willing to answer questions as per the patient’s written consent. We all are optimistic and hopeful that our friend will get well. Great first experience (for me) with RCA. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Came to attend a training session. I was very impressed with the facility and the staff. Hope there will be more sessions like this. I am a CRS and passionate about learning. Thank you for the opportunity to learn about trauma integrated treatment.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Great experience, very informative and interactive. Addressed questions thoroughly. Great group sessions and ample time with family member. The day was rather long for visiting family members, however. The facility was very clean and the staff was very accommodating. I walked away confident that my sister was receiving the care she needed. It was also encouraging to hear her say she was committed to finishing the entire program. Great job!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Ed was very great and engaging and keeping us interested during the orientation and the other information session. I really liked learning about the patients day to day life while they are there. I would have preferred a shorter information session and maybe a little more time with my father because it was a short visit, and having to travel to get to see him and then only get roughly an hour with him is short.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I was impressed with the facility. It was friendly and clean and fresh looking to enter. I was also impressed that it was right on Lancaster Avenue and not secluded. The staff were knowledgeable and approachable. I look forward to a return visit to see the facility once the construction is complete.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

The arrival experience at RCA was rough because getting a bed was a problem. They sent me out from the medical hospital and it looked cleared. I was told there was a bed for me and I was waiting for transportation at the hospital but they never showed up and they never picked me up. They gave the bed away and left me there. Then, they said that there was a bed at the facility in Pennsylvania, but I had a warrant for me at that point so I couldn't leave the state. I’m from Boston and I was left driving to Western Massachusetts, which is a good hour ride. At 2:00 in the morning, my dad had to drive out from Boston to Western and pick me up. The next day, we were told there was a bed so he drove out to Westminster, which is an hour and a half ride. But the bed was gone so he drove home.

Finally, on Friday, they came and picked up so it was four days of commuting out to either Westminster or Western, trying to get a bed. Eventually, I got one but once I was there, the process wasn't very smooth. Worse was they left me at the hospital and no one told me. I was just sitting at the hospital waiting. It sounded like I was at home though I wasn't. I was left at the hospital and getting out of a psych ward so I didn't feel very good about myself. But the intake was great. It was a bit of a long process but that was fine.

My experience at RCA has equipped me to be successful in my post treatment and I am doing an IOP, which is great. My case worker, Steven, was a really nice guy but the caseworker position felt like they were a professional Googler. Everything he did, I could have done ten times quicker if I had access and everything felt a lot longer because I was using a middleman to get things done. There were issues with claiming my IOP for the insurance company and he said, "I don't know if they take your insurance," so I went right to the head of billing and she took care of it. We got it all done on the phone. I also had to call the IOP one day and I did it all. It was more of a hassle having a caseworker than doing it myself.

There was also this guy named Chris who was the head of the recovery and he was insulting and rude. He yelled at us and was nasty. We had a really negative experience with him. Primary process is by far the most useful group of today but it was like they were taking us out of it to have this guy. He was a Philadelphia businessman and stockbroker who thought he was funny, but he wasn't. He was being very demeaning. He wasn't professional and is not someone that RCA would really want representing their brand to the consumers. At the end of the day, it was a business and we were still there paying to deal with our insurances, but he really was a turn off to the point where they had a meeting with him and that also went south.

I sat down with Val, who was the coordinator, and she was receptive and wonderful. The first thing she said was that the guy's views did not reflect that of RCA. I sat down with her for 20 minutes and we had a great conversation. She was apologetic, the way she spoke to me and to the entire group. And then, they had a guy come in the next day and he was there to get feedback from us but didn't want to listen to anything we had to say. Then, the guy who came in on the third day was far more receptive and talked to us on our level.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Very clean building, very friendly & experienced staff. Informative groups, staff having related backgrounds which were very relatable. Learned a lot here at RCA Lighthouse. Feeling very confident upon leaving and believing in myself and my recovery. One and done treatment center with some simple step work and open-mindedness.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

The intake at Recovery Centers of America was quick. Everyone treated me with respect and it was a good time. The staff there was really good and nice to everyone. They were welcoming. The experience definitely helped me get some separation from the world and get some clean time.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

My arrival at Recovery Centers was good and the people there helped me out. They were very nice and the techs were very supportive. There was a handful of staff and I interacted with a couple of them. They ran their groups every Monday. But outside of the groups, they would always come and interact with me one-on-one, just to check in with me and see how I was doing.

I’ve been to some places where there were a lot of people court ordered and it has that institutionalized mentality, but Recovery Centers didn’t have that. The room was nice and had a TV. It was comfortable and laid back as far as the housing aspect of it. The food was great as well. It felt like home. Overall, Recovery Centers of America was a great place and I’m happy I chose them. They set me up for success. But at the end of the end of the day, Recover Centers of America could only help an individual as much as they wanted to.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

My experience with Recovery Centers of America has been awesome. I saw them on the web when I was looking for detoxes. When I spoke to the first person, they hit me with a price. So, I said, "Well, this must be like one of those guppy places where high-end people go”. When I arrived there, it was high end, but they take the program very seriously. They take people’s recovery very seriously and they're more technical into it. It's like they know what they are doing, very professional and no profanity, like in the other places. I was sweating, and it was raining outside. And since I had to use when I arrived, they were very concerned. They kept asking me and they were going back and forth. So the orientation took a little longer. But they made me feel very comfortable. I felt at home and I could have fallen asleep on the waiting room.

The staff there asked me if everything was okay and did I need any help. They also asked if I have any allergies, did I take any medicine and did I bring my meds. They told me that they would have to search my clothing to make sure that I didn't bring anything just for my safety and everyone else's. They were so nice. They were not like giggling on the side or joking. They were all focused. The way they spoke to me and explained things to me has given me a better outlook in life. This time around they have really opened my mind, and the way I look at things is very different. Nothing comparable.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Recovery Centers of America is local for me. I had a good experience with them when I got the sobered IOP there. I liked that they had knowledgeable people there that worked at programs themselves. I’ve seen some of them at outside meetings because I was in the program before. They did more AA meetings than NA meetings and I liked that there were a lot of staff that work NA. Most of them were very helpful with a lot of questions I had. And some of the staff weren’t very compassionate but they were not mean. For the most part, I loved it. And when the staff passed by, they all said hi to me and hugged me. They even brought me good food.

I have been using Recovery for a month and a week since I left. Although, I did not have a very good experience with the family counselor I had. He was not very knowledgeable about Narcotics Anonymous at all. He was telling me stuff that was completely frowned upon with Narcotics Anonymous. The counselor was good when it came to couple’s therapy and working on our defects but just some of the things he was saying were not accurate. So, I felt they needed to do a little bit more research on the steps and how they worked. Out of a lot of the treatment centers I have been through, Recovery is the one I would recommend.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

My experience at the Lighthouse has been rewarding to my recovery. ALL staff members was caring, kind, and supportive. Special thanks to the supervisor Mr. ** for always maintaining order and concerns for the community, and always keeping us encouraged. Thanks to RSS Mr. **, Ms. **, Mr.John **, Ms. **, Ms. **, Mr. **, Mr. **, and especially Mr. ** for going the extra mile for us in the community. Nurse Practitioner Mrs. **, RN Mike, RN Shannon saved my life. Thank You Lighthouse. I'm encouraged to recover with all I learned, and all the kindness, empathy & compassion I received from You ALL.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Lighthouse is a very caring professional environment that I would recommend to someone looking for a quality rehabilitation facility. The staff here was very caring and knowledgeable about addiction treatment. I would definitely rate RCA Lighthouse a 5 star treatment facility for addiction. If you or a loved one is in need then I would definitely come to any RCA facility.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I had a very good experience with the center in Westminster of Recovery Centers of America. It took me a while to get admitted but it wasn’t bad. They got me in to my room and the nursing staff on the floor and the RSS were all absolutely amazing and very helpful. They were always there for anything you need. The one big thing I had was about getting MAT. They ask you in the beginning if you’re interested in MAT and I was very interested in a particular drug. Everyday I would mention that to the nurse on the floor or the RSS staff and they said they would send me an email. But it doesn’t happen. My therapist sent multiple emails and talked to them personally. She even showed me the email that she sent just because she wanted to let me know that she did her part. There were only a few nurse practitioners there and you can’t just go talk to them.

In the end they got me on the oral form but they never followed up. They never got me a shot before I left even when I got a seven-day extension to get it. I was wondering if it was an insurance problem but my insurance covers the shot. Toward the last few days all I wanted was to know why it didn't happen but they couldn't even do that. I wasn’t even able to talk to someone.

I left there with the oral form but it’s not something that you want especially for someone in early recovery. It’s not easy because you technically have to get in another treatment center. It’s almost like you have to do an outpatient program to get the shot with the way they get it set up around here. There was a lot of extra crap that I had to do. They told me they were going to get it for me before I left and it never happened. I ended up getting the shot on my own.

I’m not the only one either. At least 50% of the people there had the same type of complaint while I was there, whether it was with the drug or any other problem that they had. As a matter of fact I go to NA meetings and there was a guy who must have been there a couple of weeks before I did and he had the same exact problem. He could not get the shot before he left there and he still hasn’t got it. He’s going through all those crap to try to get it. It’s crazy.

I didn’t do the shot and I ended up relapsing and it was the same in May. Even just getting the generic oral one before I left almost didn’t happen. I ended up getting it on the morning just as my discharge in May. I was on it from the beginning though. I actually sat down and talked to a nurse practitioner. She said she was going to order me one that day and I would have to be on it for three to four days, they they could give me the shots. I was on it the whole rest of the two weeks and never talked to someone again. That was my biggest complaint but other than that it was a great experience. The room was so nice and the food was good. It’s an absolutely awesome facility there. It’s a great place to go for a treatment.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I’m very grateful for everyone that works at Recovery Centers of America and for the treatment that they gave me. They displayed empathy, compassion and understanding for an addict like myself. They have great people and I love the place. My experience was wonderful.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I had an overall amazing experience at RCA's Lighthouse location. The building and physical amenities were well beyond what I could have hoped for. The treatment I received while here was excellent. Not only did I learn more about my addiction and its underlying causes, but I gained the tools necessary to keep it in remission as long as I actively work at it. While pretty much all of the staff was polite, respectful, and informative, I'd like to make a few special thanks. First and foremost, I'd like to thank my primary therapist Taj - I was truly blessed to have been put with the very best counselor in the facility. She was always available whenever I needed her, she was never late, and the only the day she missed was due to the snowstorm. I was comfortable with her from the very beginning and as a result, I was able to open up to her about several things I had never discussed with anyone before; all of which she helped me work through.

With regard to the recovery staff, I'd like to make specific mention of John **, Sue, Mike **, Miss K, Big BOB, and Dante - all of whom took extra time to sit down and speak with me about a range of issues ranging from recovery to personal matters. Words cannot express how grateful I am to each of them. In addition to the recovery staff, I'd also like to thank Ali, Ramona, and Ray for all of their help in their supervisory roles - any questions and/or concerns were dealt with in great fashion. The nursing/medical staff were all top notch and again I'd like to highlight a few of their "rock stars". Nurses Kim, Krysta, and Cailyn, as well as Kim ** and Crystal were absolutely phenomenal. Not only are they all great at their jobs, but they each made every day a joy to be here for me in their own special ways.

Finally, I'd like to make an extra special thanks to Dawn. I couldn't imagine a better Clinical Director in the world. Not only did she handle any issue I had with the utmost care, but she's pretty much the most awesome person in the world... Like seriously... Whatever you're paying her, she deserves a raise! Either way, I'm grateful for every single day I spent here - Lighthouse basically saved my life.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Overall the experience was a good experience. The staff was great all and all. Drive in with Ray was a good start and when I got here the intake staff was very welcoming. There are some things that I believe need improvement but that is anywhere. The groups were great, hear a lot of good stuff and they were very informative and helpful. I was not happy with the medical end of things here and believe that needs were not met. Also my individual therapy never happened and counselor was absent a lot so didn't get a lot of small group while here which I believe is one of the most important parts. The facility was very nice and clean and all and all the staff is great. Just a little disorganized.

Recovery Centers of America response

Hello Josh, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. At RCA, it is our mission to provide each and every patient, the highest level of addiction care so that they can achieve a lifetime of sobriety. We would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns directly and to make sure your voice is being heard. Can you give us a call at 1-833-RCA-ACTS? Thank you, Josh!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I spent a majority of my time dealing with mistakes due to miscommunication or no communication. Without the RSS'S, this facility would be rated a D. I watched clients that wanted to stay longer including myself told to leave and clients that wanted to leave forced to stay and disrupt the community.

Recovery Centers of America response

Hello Barry, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. At RCA, it is our mission to provide each and every patient, the highest level of addiction care so that they can achieve a lifetime of sobriety. We would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns directly and to make sure your voice is being heard. Can you give us a call at 1-833-RCA-ACTS? Thank you, Barry!

Recovery Centers of America Company Information

recoverycentersofamerica.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use