toll free

Malibu, CA
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

During the fall of 2015, I completed a very successful 30-day alcohol and recovery program at Serenity Malibu. Being from North Carolina, I had no idea what to expect upon my arrival. But once there, I was overwhelmed not only by its natural beauty but equally impressed with its ultra private and luxury setting. I am forever thankful to Serenity Malibu. The outstanding treatment teams of physicians, specialists and therapists, solely focused on customizing a treatment program most beneficial to my successful recovery. Through different therapy programs, I was able to work on core issues I never knew existed. The support and encouragement from Serenity Malibu allowed me to discover more about myself and my life than I ever thought possible. I am on a fabulous journey and yes life is beautiful again. Thank you Serenity Malibu!

When I had a problem with substance abuse, I called my sister for help. Her friend was a counselor at Serenity. I looked up Serenity Malibu online, and I read that it wasn't a 12-step program, so I went with them. I was also told that my insurance qualifies for it. At the beginning, I gave my insurance to my sister, and she and my mother took care of what had to be done. They had no problems. Serenity was very welcoming and homey. It wasn't like other places where they're really strict. If I didn't feel like going or being around people, then I could stay in my room and relax. They didn't beat me up on going to meetings. They didn't force anything on me. What I liked about it is that everyone from the kitchen staff to the maids was really warm and welcoming like family. It's really laid back.

Serenity is a great place of sobriety, and it really helped me find my identity and why I was drinking. A lot of one-on-one time with the counselor was great. It motivated me more to do something about my problem. They helped me find myself a little bit, however, once I left, the biggest thing was to have a plan to stay sober. They also said that I shouldn't think Serenity is going to fix me. The staff said I'd be okay when I'm in Serenity, but I had to do a lot more work outside. They said I needed to find a sponsor, which I did. They helped me make a plan on how to stay sober outside once I left Serenity. I got into AA after that, and it's funny that I'm still in AA and I'm coming up on two years of sobriety in November.

It is quite expensive but if someone could afford it, I'd recommend it. Being two years in sobriety, Serenity is not going to make you sober. It depends on what kind of person you are. Some people need someone to motivate them. You have to put in the effort to stay sober, which was what I did. I went into Serenity, attended all the meetings, all the activities, and I got the most of what I can get out of it. Until this day, I keep in touch with three staff members and update them on how I'm doing on my sobriety. They've been really great to me.

Serenity gave me the platform, support and resources to help me figure out who I was on my own. My recovery is my responsibility and my choice. I chose Serenity to be my support.

I would recommend Serenity Malibu highly to anyone struggling with addiction, trauma or mental illness. Serenity not only addresses the treatment of addiction, but the underlying causes that may lead to someone's drug or alcohol use and abuse. I felt that Serenity offered just the right amount of structure in my daily activities and therapy. Holistic one-on-one therapy for both mental illness and addiction was mixed with group therapy, as well as acupuncture, yoga, massage and outdoor and creative activities, which helped me to relax and be reminded of my true self before the addiction began.

I received exceptional care from an interdisciplinary treatment team, who were in constant communication about my progress and needs. Serenity also provided me with the option to participate in both 12-step and alternative methods to 12-step, such as meditation/mindfulness and SMART recovery as treatment modalities.

Lastly, Serenity ensured that I had an adequate aftercare plan after I completed my 30 days of treatment, which enabled me to maintain my sobriety during the often scary and difficult transition from rehab back to real-life. They also continued to reach out after I left rehab, to monitor my progress and check-up on me. I am proud to say I now have over one-year sober and in recovery, and it is thanks to the amazing team at Serenity. I could not recommend Serenity Malibu more highly for the chance at lifelong sobriety.

The Serenity staff was constantly available. I felt like they knew how to handle my condition and recognized things that other places could not before. Whether it was the case managers or my Doctors, I was constantly attended to and my issues felt so much easier to handle once I left. I now have over six months of sobriety thanks to Serenity. I highly recommend this program.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Serenity Malibu?

I came to Seasons/Serenity ready and willing to learn and understand what it would take to stop my addiction. I could not have picked a better place to be. The warmth and genuine concern from each and everyone on the Staff has made a warm and lasting impression. The arena of being with other people, sharing feelings, sharing truth, and sharing friendship has also left its imprint. It was a long time to be away but worth every day! I am in control, happy and excited to be living my life "with a larger lens". Thank you Seasons/Serenity and stellar Staff!!

Everyone here was extremely helpful and kind while I was detoxing and it made my experience a great one. Not only am I extremely grateful for the help I got to get sober, I am beyond grateful that I learned the necessary tools in order to stay sober. I have gotten my life back and I couldn't be more thankful for the help I received. I was very comfortable and felt at home, which is exactly what I needed to get me through that tough time. I can't thank you enough!

It is with great passion and gratitude I write this review. Having recently celebrated my one year sobriety date I reflect on many things but first and foremost, I recall my time and experience at Serenity Malibu. I would not be where I am today (sober and drug free!) had I not addressed my addictions and demons and thankfully chose to do so by immersing myself in an extended stay in rehab. I know for certain I chose an outstanding facility. The care and treatment I received during my nearly 4 month stay was beyond my expectations. The facility is lovely, professional and comfortable. The staff truly cares for each individual. The food outstanding. The activities and groups were supportive and helpful in every way. Most importantly, the staff at Serenity is beyond amazing! I felt incredibly comfortable and safe and was treated with the utmost respect at all times.

I learned so much about my addiction and how I got there. My time at Serenity allowed me to really work on myself and "get well." The staff supported and encouraged me every step of the way. From the housekeeping staff to the therapists and program directors they are each passionate about what they do and make it their goal to help you get sober. I am living an honest, happy, sober life today because of the efforts of the Serenity staff. For this I am forever grateful. I would not hesitate to recommend Serenity Malibu to anyone in need of treatment. They are not just changing lives for the better... they are saving them!

Serenity Malibu Company Profile