Call toll free
4.44/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recovery Centers of America (RCA) is the fastest growing addiction treatment provider in the U.S., making treatment for addiction and other mental health disorders as affordable and accessible as any other disease. With world-class clinical treatment in state-of-the-art facilities throughout Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland, every RCA patient is given the highest standard of care and evidence-based treatment with dignity and respect close to where they live and work.

ABBB Rating
View More View More

Recovery Centers of America Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

As soon as I got to Recovery Centers of America, they did all of my enrollment and application and went over a treatment plan with me. Initially, I heard about them through a family member and when I arrived, it seemed like everybody genuinely cared, more so the nurses. They gave me a lot of freedom there and they didn’t make me go do anything. Pretty much, when you're there, you get what you put into the treatment plan. All the resources are there for you but they're not gonna hold your hand and walk you into the classes. Personally, I tried to get out of it what I could while I was there and I was there for 31 days. And until this day, I'm doing well. Also, I wasn’t forced to be there and that made a big difference as people are there for court reasons or whatnot.

Other than that, there was an issue there for a while. When I came in, there were about 40 guys and 15 girls. And within halfway through my stay, it went up to 80 guys and they weren’t prepared for that at all. As far as meal times, we got 45 minutes for meals and we were waiting in line for 45 minutes to get served. Then, we had to hurry up and eat really quickly. They did something about it after I left, but it went on far too long without them taking some course of action. They’d have speakers come in at night and we’d all be in one room. Towards the end, there wasn’t even enough chairs for everybody and people were leaning up against the back of the room.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I loved Recovery Centers of America. Every staff member was amazing. I'm fine now and I think that was all I needed--just to step out and get away from everything. It's probably the main good thing about it now.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I was not impressed with the take-in of my mom. You took her in and did your thing and no one told us anything. They were just like ok we have her. We had no idea when we could talk to her and without us asking. Also, we drove up two different times for the family support groups that are listed in your family handbook, and both times they had no idea about the groups. I just felt that the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. I was VERY impressed with Jill and Taj. Those two people answered the 7,000 questions that we had. They were patient with us, and were willing to help in anyway possible. Those are the two best employees you have, there is no doubt in my mind.

Recovery Centers of America response

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback, Michelle. We like to use these reviews as an opportunity to continuously improve the experience we’re providing to both our patients & their families. If you are willing, we would like to discuss the specifics of your concern. RCA has established a toll-free number so that any concerned party can raise concerns by dialing 833-RCA ACTS or emailing us at rcaacts@recoverycoa.com. Every call or email is investigated and addressed by a select group of senior leaders. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Staff was pretty good to me, food was excellent, could have been some more diverse meetings, even with other cultures, they need their own Microwave on each floor and MORE CLOCKS! They wanted us to be to meetings on time but no clocks?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

My experience with RecoveryCenters of America was awesome. It was the best rehab I've ever been to. The staff was great and it was just a great place.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Recovery Centers of America?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I currently had a loved one in RCA at Devon and I did not have a great experience, especially being on the outside and have him in there I was extremely disappointed with the lack of communication you have there.

1. Not only is everything on your website either wrong or outdated, but your staff has absolutely no idea of the correct information and has absolutely no idea about the seeds to recovery program or ANYTHING else that I asked them about. Everything I needed answered I had to call several times to finally get someone on the phone who could somewhat answer my questions.

2. I left several messages for his case manager Matt ** to call me back, and not once did he call me back. I called RCA 4 times and all 4 times the receptionist sent him an email with my message and saying to call me back. He then proceeded to tell my loved one that he never received any of the emails and messages I had left for him, and claimed we went behind his back to talk to the insurance company to see when they were cutting the insurance which we only did so we could schedule a pick up day. After hearing that I then called for a final time because I tried to get in touch with him multiple times to include him in this, and the guy in the call center that I talked to sent him yet another email directly to his email and confirmed that each time I called an email was sent. And once again he did not call me back.

3. No one had an answer for my loved one of the date he was leaving and no one knew anything about anything! They didn’t even have answers for me, so I am on the outside with absolutely no knowledge of anything because no one was able to tell me anything.

4. You should improve your communication and knowledge of your staff and make sure your case managers call and communicate with the family because it is very upsetting when you can not get any information because your staff is uninformed and do not return calls.

5. I am very dissatisfied with this facility.

Recovery Centers of America response

Thank you, Marissa, for taking the time to submit feedback and bring this to our attention. If they have not done so already, a member of our facility leadership team will be reaching out to you to address. In the meantime, should you require any assistance please call 833-RCA-ACTS and we will be happy to assist you. Thank you, again.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Met with Greg ** for a tour of the Danvers facility. Danvers is a beautiful facility and seems to be running great! Greg is an amazing person who puts his whole heart into his work.. You are blessed to have him on your staff!

Original review: July 20, 2019

I did some googling on rehabs. I read the reviews and the ratings and went to RCA. Everything was cool when I arrived at the facility and their staff were amazing. They were attentive, knew everybody by name and made you feel like you’re with them. And their program was exactly what I needed. A lot of the staff had their own stories. Hearing other people's stories was like seeing people that had been through it and made it. That was great. I will recommend RCA.

Original review: June 28, 2019

We were welcomed by Coral at the front desk.. She is a very warm and friendly person. She brought us hope. I'd like to commend her: A+++!! Thank you.. One and All.. for caring for our son, Dan. We are very grateful!! Bless you all.. may your weekend.. and your summer be full of safety, peace and rest. Pete and Judith

Hi Pete and Judith,

We are so happy to hear that Dan had such a positive experience! We strive to bring our patients hope, so it is good to hear that you encountered someone who… Thank you for taking the time to review us, and please never hesitate to contact us with any additional questions. The team at Devon wishes you a safe and happy summer as well!

Original review: June 26, 2019

From my recent stay at RCA between May 1st and 31st if 2019, I cannot recommend this facility to any one. This is an over populated understaffed residential treatment center. The residential support staff are all in recovery and barely have any more time than the patients that are just entering the program (1-2 years). Patients are allowed to stand around the staffing and nurses stations, go behind the desks, and basically tell the staff what they would like to do for that day. I saw a large amount of HIPAA violations first hand, when brought to the attention of management and staff it was completely ignored. They don’t have a correct prescription license to handle the correct meds on the floors that you were resided on. Men are asked to go down to the woman’s ward to receive their meds because they don’t have a license which takes well over an hour at times to receive your medication.

The staff there is very unprofessional and do not even follow their own guidelines in the orientation policy presented to the patients upon arrival from the detox ward to residential. The daily schedules are hit or miss in there made up to some degree as they go along throughout the day. The staff has little to no control over the group meetings when held (the inmates run the asylum so to speak) and nothing is done. Group sessions are repetitive with the same material being repeated over and over if you stay for 30 days you’re here the same material three times. The staff did not even know when they were speak of a 12 Step program, smart recovery, or teaching mindfulness exercises. An if the did it was explained to the Patients so they can make an educated decision as to which program they may wish to follow.

The staff there was disrespectful to patients on many occasions and singling them out amongst their peers, speaking about or to them in front of a large group of patients. Confidentiality between residential staff members and patience was broken as the matter was discussed it with other residential staff, an confirmed when speaking to management. The female staff in the residential treatment program appeared to be more concerned with flirting with the male patients, then actually teaching them about recovery, their dress code at times is less than professional. It is this client's belief that men should be helping men and women should be helping woman at this early stage of recovery.

I have seen it firsthand that a person can enter this facility stay in their room all day except to come out for smoke breaks and meals and still walk out with a 30 day certificate of participation. RCA is nothing more than a moneymaking machine for the Board of Directors of this company. It was even stated by my counselor that this is what happens when you attend a for profit rehab rehabilitation center. The list could go on and on with the concerns and matters that affect recovery at the Westminster RCA facility. In closing I would not recommend this facility or RCA in Mass, in general, to anyone looking for recovery help beyond learning the 12 steps .

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your review, and thank you for taking the time to personally speak with our CEO after this post was made. We hope that you got your questions answered and more clarification on the topics mentioned. We are always her to answer any additional questions.

Recovery Centers of America Company Information