Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.26/5

Begin your weightloss journey today.

Complete your evaluation today on Noom

Get started now

Begin your weightloss journey today.

Complete your evaluation today on Noom

Get started now

ProAir HFA Inhalers Reviews

Original review: April 28, 2020

I have had asthma for years and years. My insurance will only cover the Proair inhaler. It usually works ok, until they came out with this new dispenser. It totally does nothing! The spray hardly comes out at all! I go through an inhaler a week, only because I can't get any out of it. I'm just trying to breathe! I wash it out every time I use it hoping it will get better. I don't know what to do. I can get a different brand but it's way higher in price. When will these companies learn that asthmatics HAVE to use this to BREATHE!

Original review: April 21, 2020

The product does nothing!! It doesn’t spray good and it’s a new can, only used it twice and did not notice a difference at all, I had used Ventolin in the past and it worked great and noticed a difference right away, this new ProAir does nothing to help my breathing, it felt like it barely sprayed.

Get buying tips about Health Products and Supplements delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2020

I have used name brand ** for over 10 years with no problem. I was switched to generic ProAir due to insurance coverage. The first few times I used product, I got dizzy and was lucky a chair was close by. Now I make sure I'm sitting down when using. I noticed formulation contained ethanol. Was told by online sources that the 10mg of ethanol in each actuation is relatively small when compared to a BANANA that has 40mg. Well, thats all fine and dandy, thank you, but whoever inhaled a banana. The 10mg of ethanol that is inhaled, is going directly into your blood stream. The banana with the 40mg of ethanol that I eat in 5 minutes is being processed at a slightly slower rate and I don't have to sit down while consuming it and worry about a potential DUI from digesting it! In passing, ** ethanol content was measured at NIL.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I've had severe asthma all my life. Before this, I was on a great medication and then the delivery method changed to this piece of crap. It burns my lungs because it tastes and feels like there's alcohol in it. It doesn't work unless I'm taking 4-5 puffs and that's when the inhaler isn't clogged up! I run out of puffs way too soon and insurance won't cover it if you try to fill too early. They don't cover much either. I'm paying $70+ dollars for a drug that's supposed to REPLACE the inhaler that has ever worked for me all my life!

As a result, my hospital stays and ER visits have more than doubled and continue to worsen. The resulting cost of these medical have left me on the verge of bankruptcy. Just last month, I was in the ICU for 5 days and released the night before Thanksgiving. I honestly can't stand this anymore and I just wish I could breathe normally like everyone else. If I laugh too hard, I get an attack. I now find myself avoiding situations that once made me happy just because I can't rely on this medication to save my life in the event of an attack and I certainly can't afford another hospital bill. There needs to be a lawsuit filed against these criminals.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I have used this for several years since they changed from CFC to HFA and I hate it. The ones I get have a counter on them and they sometimes run out with less than 25% used so I have to use another new one. Also, it doesn't seem to work very well and I usually have to use more than the prescribed 2 puffs. I think we should file a class action lawsuit against the manufacture of ProAir since they don't seem to mind and only take our money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProAir HFA Inhalers?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

My insurance company only covers Proair, so I am stuck with it. However for years now, my inhalers will just stop working without warning. Sometimes with 30 puffs left. Sometimes almost full. This is a very dangerous situation, and yet after contacting Teva they do nothing. Offer no replacements, etc. And yes, my inhalers are cleaned regularly, which is what Teva tried to blame the problem on.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

This product is weak, and it will only give you half of the dose advertised. After one year using this, I am tired of losing half my money. This is the only one the insurance will cover. Time to file a complaint with FDA.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I have been using ProAir for several years and have been having problems when product is half used up. Become very tired, upset stomach. Starting a new inhaler, clear the problem in a few days but trouble reoccur when inhaler is about half used. I have filed complaints with the distributor with no results. I filed a complaint with the FDA. More people having problems with this product need to contact the FDA and file a complaint. You can get information on how to contact the FDA at fda.gov. There is a rep in each state you can call and file complaint.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have been using another product but my insurance switched me to the generic version of the ProAir inhaler manufactured by Teva. I noticed an immediate difference after the first couple of doses. The product does not propel out of the inhaler and it doesn’t seem to last as long as my other inhaler. When I returned it to the pharmacy, they told me they couldn’t do anything about it & gave me a number to call Teva directly. Teva told me to rinse the inhaler every day or two & that should solve the problem, but after rinsing, drying & using - it still does not propel out of the dispenser with any force and the medicine does not seem to last the 4 hours between doses. Teva has agreed to replace it (so another trip to the pharmacy today) but I am worried that this medicine is just not effective. Feeling a bit helpless since I need this to breathe...

Original review: May 10, 2019

Just started on another medication last night as I am having increased SOB and non productive cough. Asthma Dx at age 5 COPD at age 27 NOT/NEVER a smoker. I had recently be switched due to insurance. I was feeling as If I was going crazy. Being a medical professional one should not have to question the product intended to save your life. I see similar stories here. I can't say I'm relieved though.

ProAir HFA Inhalers Company Information