Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.27/5

ProAir HFA Inhalers Reviews

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

My insurance company only covers Proair, so I am stuck with it. However for years now, my inhalers will just stop working without warning. Sometimes with 30 puffs left. Sometimes almost full. This is a very dangerous situation, and yet after contacting Teva they do nothing. Offer no replacements, etc. And yes, my inhalers are cleaned regularly, which is what Teva tried to blame the problem on.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

This product is weak, and it will only give you half of the dose advertised. After one year using this, I am tired of losing half my money. This is the only one the insurance will cover. Time to file a complaint with FDA.

Get expert buying tips about Health Products and Supplements delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I have been using ProAir for several years and have been having problems when product is half used up. Become very tired, upset stomach. Starting a new inhaler, clear the problem in a few days but trouble reoccur when inhaler is about half used. I have filed complaints with the distributor with no results. I filed a complaint with the FDA. More people having problems with this product need to contact the FDA and file a complaint. You can get information on how to contact the FDA at fda.gov. There is a rep in each state you can call and file complaint.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have been using another product but my insurance switched me to the generic version of the ProAir inhaler manufactured by Teva. I noticed an immediate difference after the first couple of doses. The product does not propel out of the inhaler and it doesn’t seem to last as long as my other inhaler. When I returned it to the pharmacy, they told me they couldn’t do anything about it & gave me a number to call Teva directly. Teva told me to rinse the inhaler every day or two & that should solve the problem, but after rinsing, drying & using - it still does not propel out of the dispenser with any force and the medicine does not seem to last the 4 hours between doses. Teva has agreed to replace it (so another trip to the pharmacy today) but I am worried that this medicine is just not effective. Feeling a bit helpless since I need this to breathe...

Original review: May 10, 2019

Just started on another medication last night as I am having increased SOB and non productive cough. Asthma Dx at age 5 COPD at age 27 NOT/NEVER a smoker. I had recently be switched due to insurance. I was feeling as If I was going crazy. Being a medical professional one should not have to question the product intended to save your life. I see similar stories here. I can't say I'm relieved though.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProAir HFA Inhalers?

Original review: April 15, 2019

This product is just for a money maker. It does not work, does not get into lungs and is useless but insurance Medicare will only pay for ProAir, with a co pay of $138.00. Why am I paying a insurance premium and can only be prescribed a garbage product that does not work. Eugenie **.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I have been on ** since 2007. My insurance company switched to ProAir because of the price. I used all of this product in 1 week. It is like using "NOTHING" at all. I am surprised it is even on the market or someone hasn't died from not getting enough meds in their lungs to breathe. Thank GOD I still had some ** left. My Lung Doctor had to send a letter of "Medical Necessity" stating I can not use their preferred brand. She has to send this every year because my insurance only covers ProAir, unless they approve the **. I would like to let this company know, they need to make this product better, not just cheaper. PROAIR has Ethanol in it and it still is no good. Rhonda **.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Hi. Respiratory Therapist AND lifelong asthmatic here. ProAir is awful. In my years of experience, ProAir is essentially watered down **. It doesn’t even matter about the delivery method, when the actual medication is trash. ** is the only way to go. If they still had CFC’s as the propellant it would be even better???? (Kidding). But seriously, if ProAir works for ya then by all means, go crazy. If you’re having trouble finding relief, go with the real bronchodilators.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Had the prescription filled on the 28th of December, came home and it didn't work, took it back to the CVS pharmacy, pharmacist (and I call him that very loosely) said take it home and run hot water into it, I wanted it replaced, Mr. Compassion wouldn't do that. Tried that, and of course it didn't work, called them back and asked for a replacement again, said he couldn't do that. I would have to bring this one back and he would try to get it to work. Right that's all I have to do is run back and forth to the pharmacy. Long story short, my friend took it back, brought it back to me and it didn't work either. Called the company. Explained the problem, got the same BS, run hot water over it. Whoa!!! I got one puff and it's dead again. Customer service sucks too!! Sorry nothing we can do. But can sure as hell rake that money in can't you.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

The inhaler works the first few times you use it, then nothing. No safeguard to keep the bottle of medication in the inhaler so while you are struggling to get it to work, bottle will fall out on the floor repeatedly. Unbelievable that doctors prescribe this and insurance pays for it.

ProAir HFA Inhalers Company Information