Unitron

Unitron Hearing Aids

Need a good hearing aid?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Unitron Reviews

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

I've had the Unitron Moxi Kiss hearing aids for going on 4 years now. Each year they need to be sent in for repair, or replacement. They've not gotten wet, or dropped, or abused, they just go out. Don't bother calling Phonak (they manufacture both Unitron and Phonak), they don't have any support, or customer service. They won't even talk to lowly consumers. They say go back to where you purchased them. Yes that's right, they won't talk to the people who keep them in business, go figure.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2015

I have been using the very expensive Unitron Maxi Yuu for 5 or more years. They are my first hearing aids and have been trouble-free. One did fail when wet by shower. My audiologist had it replaced under warranty. My audiologist also sent each one back for refurbishment near the end of the warranty period. For the first year, the ear guards needed weekly cleaning. They were replaced with re-designed pair that have lasted 4 years with minimal maintenance. I was given a kit to replace the inner microphone screens. I have used about 7 of these over the five years. I am totally pleased.

My recommendation is to buy the latest, top-of-the-line, open-fit, Behind-the-Ear model. Put these on when you get up and off when going to bed. I've seen too many problems with 'hidden' aids. Come on, you're not fooling anyone... you are old and they can be seen! Like my mom, who at 90 said, "I don't want to use a walker, people will think I am old!"

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 25, 2015

I have been wearing hearing aids for over 10 years. I used Resound up until a year ago when I purchased Unitron. What a major mistake. The quality of sound is horrible and customer service does not exist. Very few audiologist carry the brand and no one seems to know how to adjust them. I am very disappointed and am anxious to pay off my balance so I can replace them. I tried contacting Unitron but never received a response. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this brand.

Original review: April 23, 2015

I am on my second set of Unitron hearing aids. My current set are Moxi 20's with remote control. Seeing the type of experience my friends a church members are and have had with other aids I feel my aids rank very high in reliability. Looking back over the last 4 years I can count all my problems of any sort on one hand. My hearing loss is not severe and involves both ears. The remote control is outstanding - the best over all I have seen. The ability to store new settings within a basic adjustment range is wonderful as is the sound sharpening feature. Love the music pass thru mode. To me the sound is very clean and natural. Going to upgrade soon to the new "north" platform aids which have a much faster processor and more advanced feature set.

Original review: March 13, 2015

From time to time I have a problem with the MDX12 model. The speakers seem to catch a lot of lint and/or dirt. I try to brush them off but I am not sure where I should be brushing on the speaker. I seem to also use a lot of the ear wax guards. Is there any instructions for speaker care that might make this easier?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Unitron Hearing Aids?

Unitron Company Information