2. Elder Care

Unitron Hearing Aids

2.0/5 (17 ratings)

Find Hearing Aids partners near you

About Unitron Hearing Aids

Unitron’s 20 models and multiple technology levels give customers a wide array of options. Unitron hearing aids include receiver-in-canal, behind-the-ear and in-the-ear models. After visiting an audiologist, customers can test out any Unitron hearing aid for 30 to 60 days with the FLEX:TRIAL program. All Unitron hearing aids come with telecoil technology and a three-year warranty.

Find Hearing Aids partners near you

Pros

• Three-year warranty
    • 20 design options
    • Bluetooth compatibility
    • Free trial period

Cons

• Confusing aid descriptions online
    • Not available online

Bottom Line

Unitron offers 20 models of hearing aids at all levels of price and technology, including Bluetooth and telecoil. Though it doesn’t ship to consumers, you can buy from an audiologist and enjoy a free trial and three-year warranty.

Unitron Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Unitron?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Unitron Hearing Aids?

Original review: June 26, 2017

I got these hearing aids on 2/22/16 and the right one quit working around 7/1/16. I took it to the Hearing Group and they sent it to the company to fix it. I got it back and it worked for a while then quit again. I took it back again and they sent it in again and the company fixed it again. The the third time the right ear quit working again and I took it in again and they sent it to the company to get fixed and then they both worked for a while. Then on 6/12/17 the left side hearing aid had quit working & again I took it to them and they sent it to the company and it was supposedly fixed. Now on 6/24/17, the left ear is not working again. I do feel that they should just make me a replacement pair!! It is very frustrating to pay $4.565.00 and have to bring these hearing aids in over and over and not have them working correctly.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

First these UDirect 3 aids were supplied by the US Veterans Affairs in 2015. Up until my start of using these aids, I was using aids made by Oticon Alta PRO BTE. Since getting them from the VA in 2014, the have been faultless perfect pitch hearing. I could make and answer calls, listen to music or books with the push of one button. Then we come to the UDirect 3, it does none of these. Well it will answer a call, but not make one and I have plug in a cord to listen to books. On a scale of 1 to 5 I would give it a 1.5 but I could only give it a 2, why well along with the other items listed. Volume control is lacking, I can have them set to a medium setting and for no reason the volume will start BOOMING and stay that way until I set the volume lower. Even at the lower range they will start booming again, the FOB has nothing to do with it. I can turn the fob off and it will still boom.

I have returned them to the VA twice and the audiologist would return them saying they couldn't repeat the problem, but while sitting in front of her they started booming again. I pulled one out and she could hear it across the room. But she told me to take them anyway and see if it got better. Right!!! So does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? The VA blew it off saying it was the fob, I left the fob home and was 30 miles away listening to high-pitched radio. I guess that fob has a long range! The model is UNITRON MOXI DURA PRO RIC serial numbers ** warranty until 10/01/2018. One thing the VA did find that the FOB was defective and it was replaced with a new one, didn't help! I'm not a Fake!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

I've had the Unitron Moxi Kiss hearing aids for going on 4 years now. Each year they need to be sent in for repair, or replacement. They've not gotten wet, or dropped, or abused, they just go out. Don't bother calling Phonak (they manufacture both Unitron and Phonak), they don't have any support, or customer service. They won't even talk to lowly consumers. They say go back to where you purchased them. Yes that's right, they won't talk to the people who keep them in business, go figure.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2015

I have been using the very expensive Unitron Maxi Yuu for 5 or more years. They are my first hearing aids and have been trouble-free. One did fail when wet by shower. My audiologist had it replaced under warranty. My audiologist also sent each one back for refurbishment near the end of the warranty period. For the first year, the ear guards needed weekly cleaning. They were replaced with re-designed pair that have lasted 4 years with minimal maintenance. I was given a kit to replace the inner microphone screens. I have used about 7 of these over the five years. I am totally pleased.

My recommendation is to buy the latest, top-of-the-line, open-fit, Behind-the-Ear model. Put these on when you get up and off when going to bed. I've seen too many problems with 'hidden' aids. Come on, you're not fooling anyone... you are old and they can be seen! Like my mom, who at 90 said, "I don't want to use a walker, people will think I am old!"

Original review: April 25, 2015

I have been wearing hearing aids for over 10 years. I used Resound up until a year ago when I purchased Unitron. What a major mistake. The quality of sound is horrible and customer service does not exist. Very few audiologist carry the brand and no one seems to know how to adjust them. I am very disappointed and am anxious to pay off my balance so I can replace them. I tried contacting Unitron but never received a response. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this brand.

Original review: April 23, 2015

I am on my second set of Unitron hearing aids. My current set are Moxi 20's with remote control. Seeing the type of experience my friends a church members are and have had with other aids I feel my aids rank very high in reliability. Looking back over the last 4 years I can count all my problems of any sort on one hand. My hearing loss is not severe and involves both ears. The remote control is outstanding - the best over all I have seen. The ability to store new settings within a basic adjustment range is wonderful as is the sound sharpening feature. Love the music pass thru mode. To me the sound is very clean and natural. Going to upgrade soon to the new "north" platform aids which have a much faster processor and more advanced feature set.

Original review: March 13, 2015

From time to time I have a problem with the MDX12 model. The speakers seem to catch a lot of lint and/or dirt. I try to brush them off but I am not sure where I should be brushing on the speaker. I seem to also use a lot of the ear wax guards. Is there any instructions for speaker care that might make this easier?

Unitron Company Information