Find the Best Hearing Aids in Seattle, WA
Top 9 Seattle Hearing Aid Stores and Audiologists
|Ballard Hearing & Speech Center||Read Expert Review|
Provides hearing tests and hearing aid fittings. Features multiple styles of hearing aids from Phonak, Oticon, Sonic and ReSound. Publishes cash-and-carry pricing on their website with economy pricing available.
|Clear Hearing and Audiology||Read Expert Review|
Provides complimentary consultations and free two-week hearing aid trials. Offers online appointment scheduling with a doctor of audiology. Evening and weekend hours available. Accepts major insurance plans.
|Hearing Rehab Center Seattle||Read Expert Review|
Provides complimentary hearing consultations with audiologists. Offers appointments at multiple locations. Serves clients with hearing loss and tinnitus. Publishes educational blogs on their website.
|Hearing, Speech & Deaf Center||Read Expert Review|
Provides comprehensive hearing exams and complimentary hearing aid consultations. Offers hearing aid fittings, cleaning and repairs. Promotes aids from all major manufacturers with varying technology levels and 60-day trials.
|Northgate Hearing Services||Read Expert Review|
Provides hearing tests, aid fittings, repairs and supplies. Features all major styles of hearing aids from Oticon, Phonak, ReSound, Starkey, Unitron and Widex. Offers financing through Wells Fargo. Schedules appointments online.
|PAC Audiology||Read Expert Review|
Provides hearing evaluations, dizziness testing and sound retraining with audiologists. Features free hearing aid trials and custom earmolds. Serves English- and Japanese-speaking customers. Offers same-day appointments.
|Puget Sound Hearing Aid & Audiology||Read Expert Review|
Offers hearing aid tests, fittings and repair. Carries multiple styles and options from Widex, Starkey, Phonak, Unitron, Signia, Rexton, Oticon and ReSound. Provides hearing protection, earwax removal and tinnitus therapy.
|Seattle Hearing and Balance Center||Read Expert Review|
Performs comprehensive hearing evaluations for adults and children with a maximum out-of-pocket cost of $265. Offers 30-day trial after hearing aid fitting. Provides hearing aid maintenance and supplies.
|University of Washington Speech & Hearing Sciences||Read Expert Review|
Offers free hearing evaluations by supervised graduate-level student clinicians. Provides hearing aid assistance program if covered by Medicaid/WA Apple Health. Performs hearing rehabilitation, protection and tinnitus treatment.
Seattle residents of all ages experience hearing loss. In Washington, 1 in 5 adults have some degree of hearing loss, but children can also be affected by this condition. Both children and adults frequently use hearing aids to treat hearing loss, and audiologists make custom hearing aid recommendations based on your age and lifestyle.
How much do hearing aids cost in Seattle?
Although advanced features like Bluetooth connectivity and improved battery life increase your cost, pricing for hearing aids is reasonably consistent and ranges from $1,000 to $6,000. Optional service plans and accessories may also increase the final price.
How do I pay for hearing aids in Seattle?
Hearing aids may be an expensive purchase, but local organizations in Seattle can help you afford this necessary device.
- The Hearing, Speech & Deaf Center serves the Puget Sound area. It has a hearing aid scholarship that covers the cost of the hearing aid, fitting and adjustment appointments.
- The Northwest Access Fund provides loans and fund matching for those purchasing assistive devices.
- You may also qualify for hearing aid assistance through the Northwest Lions Foundation if you have little or no income.
Medicare and major insurance plans don’t usually cover hearing aids, but many providers offer financing through health care lenders. Some providers also offer discounts for AARP members or veterans, so ask about potential discounts during your screening appointment.
Seattle hearing aid FAQ
- How do I find out if I need a hearing aid?
- To determine if a hearing aid is right for you, schedule a hearing test with a local Seattle audiologist. Most hearing aids come with a 30- to 60-day trial so you have time to decide if these assistive devices improve your hearing.
- Where can I get a hearing aid repair in Seattle?
- Your local audiologist’s office may offer repairs for your hearing aid. You may need to return the hearing aid to the manufacturer for more complicated repairs. If a typical one-year warranty still covers your device, this service comes with no cost to you.
- Does Medicare cover hearing aids?
- Medicare does not cover the cost of hearing aids. If you cannot afford to purchase a hearing aid, there are local Seattle financial assistance programs or payment plans that can help cover your costs.
- Where can I buy hearing aid batteries in Seattle?
- Hearing aid batteries can be purchased online, at local pharmacies or directly from your audiologist. You can also purchase rechargeable and specialized hearing aids from these sources.
- Where do I get a hearing test in Seattle?
- Audiologists and local hospitals like Seattle Children’s Hospital perform hearing tests to discover your degree and type of hearing loss. Some hearing aid manufacturers don’t require an official hearing test and allow you to choose the hearing aid that’s right for you. This option is useful for those who have worn hearing aids in the past.
Hearing loss resources in Seattle
Seattle is home to many support organizations for those with deafness or hearing loss. The following organizations provide free or limited cost services in the area.
- The DeafBlind Service Center is a nonprofit that provides advocacy and support services at no cost to Seattle residents.
- The Washington State Hearing Loss Association is a nationwide organization focused on improving communication for those with hearing loss through education, support and advocacy.
- The Hearing, Speech & Deaf Center offers free support services to Seattle residents with hearing loss.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Seattle hearing aid company information
Northgate Hearing Services offers hearing tests and hearing aid consultations. It recommends hearing aids from several top manufacturers, allowing you to choose the style and features that suit your needs. Clients can conveniently schedule appointments online with one of their Doctors of Audiology. Northgate Hearing Services also offers tinnitus treatment, hearing aid repair and earwax removal.
- Address: 10564 Fifth Ave. NE, Ste. 203, Seattle, WA 98125
- Phone: (206) 367-1345
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: northgatehearing.com
The Hearing Rehab Center treats many hearing conditions, including hearing loss, tinnitus and hearing aid consultations. During your initial visit, employees perform a hearing test to determine if a hearing aid improves your hearing. It has multiple locations in the Seattle area and accepts appointment requests on its website. You can also find patient forms and educational resources online.
- Address: 418 First Ave. W., Seattle, WA 98119
- Phone: (206) 325-0645
- Hours: M - Th: 7am - 5pm; F: 8am - 2:30pm
- Website: hearingrehabpacnw.com
At Ballard Hearing & Speech Center, a team of audiologists evaluates your hearing and recommends a treatment plan and hearing aid based on your needs. It carries several top brands of hearing aids, including a variety of styles and technological features. Pricing is transparently published online, and it has options at every price point. If you need hearing aid repairs or maintenance, most services can be performed in the office on the same day of your visit.
- Address: 5428 Barnes Ave. NW, Seattle, WA 98107
- Phone: (206) 789-7029
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: ballardhearing.net
Puget Sound Hearing Aid & Audiology specializes in hearing tests and hearing aid fittings for Seattle residents. It carries several brands of hearing aids, allowing you to evaluate the pros and cons of each model. Its audiologists perform a variety of services, including tinnitus therapy and earwax removal. Check the Puget Sound Hearing Aid & Audiology website for special offers and promotions.
- Address: 2611 NE 125th St., Ste. 238, Seattle, WA 98125
- Phone: (206) 565-1514
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: pshearing.com
Schedule your free hearing consultation with Clear Hearing and Audiology to find out if a hearing aid is right for you. It has multiple styles available and offers a two-week trial to help you adjust to your new device. For those with busy schedules, evening and weekend appointments are available and can be booked online.
- Address: 201 Yale Ave. N., Seattle, WA 98109
- Phone: (206) 596-2099
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 7pm; Sat: 10am - 2pm
- Website: clearhearingseattle.com
Associated with the University of Washington, this office is staffed with supervised graduate students who offer hearing tests and hearing aid consultations. The office can recommend several styles of hearing aids to find the model that suits your aesthetic preference, comfort and hearing level. Medicaid or WA Apple Health often covers services.
- Address: 4131 15th Ave. NE, Ste. 6299, Seattle, WA 98105
- Phone: (206) 543-5440
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: sphsc.washington.edu
PAC Audiology treats hearing loss in both children and adults through comprehensive hearing evaluations and hearing aid recommendations. It offers trial periods for each of their devices, allowing you to explore the options before purchasing. Same-day appointments are available as well as additional services like dizziness testing and sound retraining.
- Address: 1370 116th Ave. NE, Ste. 201, Bellevue, WA 98004
- Phone: (425) 455-0526
- Hours: M - F: 10am - 5pm
- Website: pacaudiology.com
The Seattle Hearing and Balance Center offers adult and pediatric hearing evaluations to discover the nature and degree of your hearing loss. These comprehensive visits may cost up to $265 but involve more testing than standard free hearing tests. It offers a 30-day trial so you can be sure that the hearing aid works for you before committing. If you require hearing aid repairs or programming, these services can often be performed in-office.
- Address: 1600 E. Jefferson St., Ste. 202, Seattle, WA 98122
- Phone: (206) 320-5687
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5pm
- Website: seattlehear.com
The Hearing, Speech & Deaf Center is a nonprofit that provides comprehensive hearing exams and hearing aid consultations. During your initial consultation, it matches you with a hearing aid and lets you try the device for 60 days. It offers devices from all major manufacturers so you can choose the one that best suits your hearing level and lifestyle. The Hearing, Speech & Deaf Center has walk-in hours every Tuesday and Friday for cleaning, service and troubleshooting.
- Address: 1625 19th Ave., Seattle, WA 98122
- Phone: (206) 323-5770
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5pm
- Website: hsdc.org
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?
Take a quiz and get matched with an Accredited Partner.