Find the Best Hearing Aids in Honolulu, HI
Top 10 Honolulu Hearing Aid Stores and Audiologists
|Akamai Hearing Aids||Read Author Review|
Offers hearing tests and low-cost hearing aids. Accepts major insurance plans and most health financing options. Carries ReSound, Oticon, Phonak, Unitron, Signia, Starkey and Widex hearing aids, as well as 11 other brands.
|Alapa’i Audiology||Read Author Review|
Offers diagnostic hearing evaluations for children and adults. Provides product demonstrations. Sells hearing aid batteries. Performs in-house hearing aid repairs and warranty fulfillment.
|Aloha Hearing Aid Service||Read Author Review|
Provides free hearing consultations and online hearing tests. Offers multiple styles and brands of hearing aids. Performs hearing aid repair and maintenance. Recycles hearing aids and offers loaner hearing aids.
|Audiology Associates Hawaii||Read Author Review|
Provides complimentary hearing aid consultations. Offers 30-day trials. Carries Phonak, Oticon and ReSound hearing aids. Promotes programmable digital hearing aids in various styles. Accepts major insurance plans.
|Family Hearing Aid Center||Read Author Review|
Provides free hearing consultations. Carries various styles of Lyric, Primax, Phonak, Signia, Widex, Oticon, ReSound and Unitron hearing aids. Offers flexible payment options through CareCredit and Wells Fargo.
|Hawaii Mobile Audiology & Hearing Aids||Read Author Review|
Provides hearing tests and hearing aid fittings. Carries Lyric, Oticon, Phonak, ReSound, Signia, Starkey and Widex hearing aids in various styles. Performs hearing aid repair services. Offers in-home appointments.
|Hawaii Professional Audiology||Read Author Review|
Performs diagnostic hearing evaluations for adults and children. Offers ReSound, Oticon, Phonak, Signia, Starkey, Unitron and Widex hearing aids in multiple styles and tech levels. Provides hearing aid repairs and accessories.
|Hearing Center of Hawaii||Read Author Review|
Provides hearing tests and treatment options for every budget. Recommends Oticon, Phonak, Signia, Starkey, Unitron and Widex hearing aids. Carries multiple styles of hearing aids. Offers hearing aid maintenance and repairs.
|Island Audiology||Read Author Review|
Provides the latest hearing aid styles with advanced technology. Offers a 75-day trial with all hearing aids. Customizes hearing solutions for your needs. Staffed by multiple doctors of audiology.
|Ohana Hearing Care||Read Author Review|
Carries Signia, Phonak, Widex, ReSound, Oticon, Sonic, Starkey and Unitron hearing aids. Prices published on its website, with single aids starting at $975. Offers free hearing tests. Accepts CareCredit financing.
Seniors aren't the only people that can use a hearing aid — people of all ages suffer from hearing loss. For instance, three to four of every 1,000 children in Hawaii are born with hearing loss, and 14.5% of those over the age of 18 develop hearing loss. For these people, having an experienced audiologist perform a hearing test and give them the right hearing aids can significantly improve their quality of life.
How much are hearing aids in Honolulu?
Hearing aids vary significantly in cost, but you can expect to pay anywhere from $1,000 to $6,000 per device. This cost is calculated based on the features and style of the model you choose, with budget-friendly devices lacking advanced options like Bluetooth compatibility or rechargeable batteries.
Can I get help paying for my hearing aids in Honolulu?
Since hearing aids are an expensive investment, there are many local organizations designed to help Honolulu residents afford these costs. For example:
- The Assistive Technology Resource Centers of Hawaii offers low interest loans and device lending programs.
- For those under 21, the Hawaii Department of Health has a Children with Special Needs Branch that offers financial assistance for hearing aid purchases and related services.
- If you are a veteran, register at the health administration/enrollment section at the nearest VA, then schedule an appointment with the Audiology and Speech Pathology Clinic.
As a general rule, most insurance plans don’t cover the cost of hearing aids, but you may qualify for long-term financing. Some audiologist offices also offer discounts for AARP members and other groups as well as online specials and discounts.
Honolulu hearing aid FAQ
- Where can I get a hearing aid repair in Honolulu?
- Audiologists can perform most common repairs in office — frequently within the same day. For more complex repairs, you need to send your hearing aid back to the manufacturer. Repairs may be covered under the standard one-year warranty, in which case you won’t have any out-of-pocket costs.
- How do I find out if I need a hearing aid in Honolulu?
- To find out if you need a hearing aid, schedule a consultation with a local Honolulu audiologist. Most offer trial periods of around 30 days, allowing you to try the hearing aid before you commit to a purchase.
- What type of hearing aid accessories are available?
- Hearing aid users commonly purchase wireless accessories, power adapters, cleaning kits and charging stations. These optional add-ons improve the convenience of your device and can often be purchased directly from your audiologist.
- Where can I buy hearing aid batteries in Honolulu?
- Hearing aid batteries can generally be purchased at your audiologist's office, online, in local pharmacies and in big-box stores. Rechargeable or specialty batteries are usually available from these sources as well, but ask your audiologist if there is anything you need to purchase directly from the manufacturer.
Honolulu resources for hearing loss
There are many supportive organizations in Honolulu for those with hearing loss. The following groups provide advocacy, device assistance, social events and other free services to the community:
- Comprehensive Service Center is a nonprofit that provides support, education, assistive technology and other services to those with hearing loss.
- Signs of Self is a nonprofit that offers independent living services for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Disability and Communication Access Board is a branch of the Department of Health that offers access services to Hawaii residents with hearing loss.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Honolulu hearing aid company information
Island Audiology offers the latest in hearing technology, with a lengthy 75-day trial to guarantee that you’re satisfied with the hearing aid you choose. It performs hearing tests in its office with a doctor of audiology and customizes a treatment plan for your lifestyle and degree of hearing loss. Appointments can be requested over the phone or by filling out a form on its website.
- Address: 1601 Kapiolani Blvd., Ste. 950, Honolulu, HI 96814
- Phone: (808) 206-8117
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Website: hearbetter.islandaudiology.com/hearing-aids
Hawaii Mobile Audiology & Hearing Aids provides convenient in-home appointments for those who are unable to travel. During this appointment, the company tests your hearing and recommends one of the many hearing aid brands it carries. You can choose a style that meets your hearing requirements and your budget. It performs check-ins and cleaning appointments to ensure your hearing aid continues to function and perform to your expectations.
- Address: 1800 Kaioo Drive, Ste. C504, Honolulu, HI 96815
- Phone: (808) 951-4327
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Website: hawaiimobileaudiology.com
Akamai Hearing Aids specializes in low-cost hearing aids and offers financing options to help you afford these assistive devices. The office carries a variety of major and minor brands to assist you in finding a device that meets your needs. Request an appointment online or over the phone to schedule your initial hearing test at one of its two locations.
- Address: 615 Piikoi St., Ste. 511, Honolulu, HI 96814
- Phone: (808) 201-4096
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 4:30pm
- Website: akamaihearingaids.com
Family Hearing Aid Center is a family-owned and -operated audiologist office that serves children and adults in the Honolulu area. It offers free hearing evaluations, a $295 value, during which it can match you with one of the many hearing aid brands it carries. The office accepts financing through both CareCredit and Wells Fargo to ensure you can afford your new assistive device.
- Address: 615 Piikoi St., Ste. 1111, Honolulu, HI 96814
- Phone: (808) 468-6788
- Hours: M - Sat: 8am - 4:30pm
- Website: fhacoahu.com
At Hawaii Professional Audiology, you consult with a doctor of audiology or hearing instrument specialist to find a hearing solution that treats your hearing loss. It has multiple styles, brands and features available so you can choose a hearing aid that complements your lifestyle and preferences. Hawaii Professional Audiology can perform hearing aid repairs in its office, and you can purchase additional accessories during your appointment.
- Address: 1010 S. King St., Ste. 802, Honolulu, HI 96814
- Phone: (808) 597-1877
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Website: hpaudiology.com
Aloha Hearing Aid Service has a variety of hearing solutions available for Honolulu residents. It carries advanced hearing aids, including models with health tracking features and Bluetooth compatibility. It also performs ongoing maintenance, including free cleaning and performance checks on your current hearing aid. If it cannot complete your hearing aid repairs in-office, it has loaner hearing aids available.
- Address: 1481 S. King St., Ste. 527, Honolulu, HI 96814
- Phone: (808) 202-2207
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 4:30pm; Sat: 8:30am - 11:30am
- Website: alohahearing.com
Ohana Hearing Care has a local team of audiologists that works with some of the top hearing aid manufacturers in the country to provide quality hearing solutions. Hearing aids start at $975 and include a 45-day trial, and you can view the pricing of each brand and model on its website. Schedule a free hearing appointment to discover which solution is right for you. Financing options are available, and the company has a low-cost guarantee.
- Address: 1296 S. Beretania St., Ste. 102, Honolulu, HI 96814
- Phone: (808) 593-2137
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 4pm
- Website: ohanahearingcare.com
Audiology Associates of Hawaii is locally owned and operated and provides free hearing consultations. During this initial appointment, you receive a recommendation for the best digital hearing aid for your type and degree of hearing loss. Your device includes a 30-day trial to guarantee you’re happy with its performance. Multiple styles and brands are available so you can customize your solution to your preferences. Audiology Associates of Hawaii can bill most health insurance plans, depending on the services required.
- Address: 405 N Kuakini St., Ste. 1012, Honolulu, HI 96817
- Phone: (808) 486-5000
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: audiologyassociateshawaii.com
Alapa’i Audiology has worked in the community for decades and offers diagnostic hearing services and hearing aid consultations. It conducts product demonstrations in its office so you can experience each device before choosing your new hearing aid. Alapa’i Audiology can perform common repairs in its office or help you send your hearing aid back to the manufacturer for complex repairs. The company also sells hearing aid batteries.
- Address: 1150 S. King St., Ste. 907, Honolulu, HI 96814
- Phone: (808) 548-7884
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: alapaihearingaids.com
The Hearing Center of Hawaii offers hearing tests to help you understand your hearing loss and find a treatment plan that works for your lifestyle. It can recommend a variety of hearing aids from top brands and help you choose a style that suits your day-to-day life. It can perform routine maintenance and simple repairs in its office to keep your device functioning at peak performance.
- Address: 848 S. Beretania St., Ste. 311, Honolulu, HI 96813
- Phone: (808) 597-1207
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 4:30pm
- Website: hearingcenterofhawaii.com