3.44/5
  • 1 star
Based on 9 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Discover the right online glasses retailer now
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Coastal.com

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Aug. 31, 2017

9 Coastal.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I ordered glasses from this company, and they screwed the order up. They said that they could and would fix it. We're talking months now and I have told them to either send me the glasses or a refund. They have done neither! I am now going to involve the state attorney general's office of consumer fraud to try to get my money back. Whatever you do, do not do any business with this company. They are rip off artists! Try to find an address for them. They don't want to be found. They should be shut down!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Quality eyeglasses, affordable. Took 2 Weeks. Ok with that. My backup glasses just became my primary glasses. Transition is the solution. Hardened lenses, not able to focus on the fly... I am 47, lenses not able to adjust. This is the solution.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

I didnt have any issue with the delivery service. I received my product in a perfect package. The process to choose the product was a little bit long, because of a huge variety of options! Got me crazy! But I can find something right for me. The price was fair. The shipping fee was crazy! It is unbelievable spend a lot of money just for shipping! And I suggest to create a kind of promotion or special prices for special items. Good quality. Probably my glasses will last for almost two or three more time than my first one. I will recommend for a friends in the future.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

The delivery and shipping was incredibly fast. The shipping was actually faster than expected. I really liked the box that the sunglasses came in. It was a great keepsake box. I researched Coastal for a very long time to see which company would be the nicest and coastal was the one company that kept popping up. I really liked it. Of all the sunglasses that I researched and looked at and for these were the cheapest and they looked the nicest. They actually had the best warranty on the glasses too. The quality of these sunglasses are second to none. I have never had such nice sunglasses and the quality is incredible and the best Ive ever had.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

Not especially quick, but took a reasonable amount of time, similar to when I've ordered from the local Sears. I think it took around two weeks from the time I ordered until I received my order. Selection seemed rather limited. I was trying to find something similar to the rimless glasses I had previously in size and style, but there didn't seem to be very many options, and none was exactly what I was looking for. I ordered during a great introductory promo that only required me to pay for shipping. Shipping was a bit high compared to other glasses websites, but for a pair of glasses it was an excellent price. I ordered rimless frames, but they felt quite flimsy and bendable compared to my previous pair. But the prescription seemed right and they're good enough for a backup pair.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Coastal.com?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

They are shipped within 24 hours and you get an email letting you know, like everybody today you can track it so you know when it will be here. They have a nice selection of glasses to choose from at very reasonable prices, the Cole in all styles and colors and range from 20 to 40 dollars. The price does not reflect the quality, l would have paid twice that for those glasses at walmart. Durable, comfortable and the lenses don't pop out. They are good quality and last longer than my prescriptions do.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Shipping for this product was fast and accurate allowing me to be able to track my order. The availability of faster shipping was appreciated but not necessary. Multiple colors and good prices gave me the option of buying more than one pair to match my mood or my style. I always like backup pairs, too, to have in different locations so that I'm never without. A lot of other places would easily charge twice as much as what I paid for mine. And what's more, that's compared to a local physical store. These are high quality durable goods that will last me a long time. Hinges are great and you don't get a sense that they are flimsy at all. Could easily put in a new prescription if needed.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

Quick, efficient, and in place. Everything was wonderful. Came beautifully packaged and free from scratches. It was a quick delivery process and very easy. I found there to be quite a bit of product to choose from. Stuff for almost everyone. I'm very picky when it comes to my eyewear so I was surprised to have such an easy time finding what I wanted. The price was out of this world. Just right. I mean for me product can always be cheaper, but I do have to say, for what it was I got, the price was pretty decent. There was something for everyone in my opinion. Quite a spectrum. Very happy with the quality. Very, very happy. They are absolutely beautiful. They are strong, easy on the eye (pardon the pun), and made well. You never know what you are going to get, but these were great. I was quite pleased with the product.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2012

I placed an order on 10/24/12. I received the incorrect prescription. The item was returned to be corrected. I contacted Coastal.com on 12/12/12 and I was told that the item was no longer in stock. I was not told this, yet these people had not refunded my money or contacted me to inform about the item being unavailable. They are thieves and they try to steal my money. Shame on you Coastal.com.

Coastal.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2001, Coastal.com is an online glasses retailer that has built a reputation for excellence. They now sell their in-house designs in more than 150 countries. Each pair of glasses is still hand assembled at their facility to ensure top quality.

• Free shipping: Never pay for shipping costs at a storefront, and never pay shipping costs at Coastal.com, with any qualifying purchase.
    • Complete line of lenses: Coastal.com offers a lot more than basic lenses. They even stock the new Kodak lenses designed to prevent eyestrain from digital devices.
    • Discount frames: Pay as little as 49 dollars for frames, with single vision lenses included in the price.
    • Durable materials: Get frames made from plastic, stainless steel, titanium and even wood.
    • Contact lenses: Offering contacts from five different top brands, buyers can find lenses that work for them.
    • Best for: Teens, Professionals and Contacts wearers.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs