toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

CareLinx makes it easy to find a caretaker. It kind of puts me a little bit at ease to know that there is insurance and the payrolls are handled in a legal way. However, the downside is you have to interview your own people because there are good candidates and bad ones. Also, they could improve the employer's portion of the taxes. It is not very transparent and it's hard to figure out how much it is and when it's coming. They send me a mail every now and then and all of a sudden, $700 is gone from my checking account. That's one thing that's not as transparent or as well-communicated as it could be.

Enrolling was a little bit difficult for me because I've never done anything like it before and I didn't really have any help to go by. I was pretty much on my own. I didn't take the decision-making process lightly. I want to do this right because it's my mom that we're taking care of. I'm 900 miles away, so I needed somebody reliable. Overall my experience with CareLinx was excellent. The only negative aspect would be the expense. But I understand that things are what they are and it gets to be expensive over a period of time.

I've been very pleased with CareLinx. It has been easy to use their service especially with the payment which was very simple to do. I did appreciate the tax part as well and all that was done for me. Allison was excellent and worked out super.

My father is diabetic and was starting to get weaker and weaker, so I had a caregiver come in to give him his bath and to do his laundry. I have a bad back myself so she'd make his bed for me as well. I had another agency which I didn't like because if I hired someone from them, I had to have that someone for three hours whether I needed them for three hours or not. My husband found CareLinx online, gave them my phone number and the company called me. I love that they also take care of the taxes and Social Security. I didn't have to do any of that paperwork.

Paulette was the first person we interviewed. The company sent out another girl but we eventually hired Paulette. We absolutely loved her. The first week, she was so nervous because the person she worked for before treated her very badly. I told her to not worry about it, that she's doing fine and that if she's not doing something the way I want, I'll let her know. She finally got over that nervousness. She is so good with my dad and is amazing. My dad's doctor even asked me about CareLinx and I gave him the company's information so he can turn it on to other patients.

My father has a Lewy body dementia and my mother is at the early stage as well. We had been using agencies but they were so expensive. We had the charge for the caregiver, and then the charge for the agency. Then I had seen the ad on television for Care.com which has babysitters because at that time we were looking for a companion for my parents. My father was still able to walk, so we just need someone in the house with him. I said, "Maybe we can get somebody who does babysitting." But when I started researching Care.com, they had really bad reviews and there was an ad for CareLinx embedded in there someplace. So I checked out CareLinx and it turned out that I got someone who was within a couple of miles from my parents' home. I like that it was easy to find someone exactly in my area. So there wasn't a lot of travel. My parents don't live with any of us. And we have snow up here, so if we had to go to work, we needed the caregivers to be able to make it to work too.

I've just had some slight irritation with the website when I'm trying to do stuff. Even now when I look out there, it looks like I have two different jobs, because I didn't know what I was doing the first time. It was a little difficult that the website is not user-friendly as far as setting up the account. But that's minor compared to the benefit that we get from CareLinx.

We had a person to CareLinx for a very long time. We don't have her anymore, but we were very happy with her. That someone has been there a long time and she started feeling a little complacent, started out as not needing to do anything for them, so it got to the point where having her was no longer a good fit. So we've gotten to other people but they did not know about CareLinx. We had them sign up so that we could pay them through CareLinx. I had to call for help in finding those people and attach them to me because I wasn't able to do that myself.

My dad is a veteran and we have a girl who was coming from the VA but she had to go out for surgery. Since her sister works for the same agency that the VA uses, she sent her sister instead and we fell in love with her. So when the original caregiver was able to come back to work, she said she will just split her hours with her sister, because her sister really likes working with us and really likes my parents. So we took her through CareLinx rather than the person who is coming through the agency and it saves a $10 an hour, which when the caregiver has a 24-hour care, is a whole ton of money.

The experience is great. The only major complaint that I have is that CareLinx only take Medicare and Social Security tax. They don't withhold any federal or state taxes and for the people who were with the agency and are now with us, that's a burden, because they're going to end up owing all those taxes. And I understand that they would have been paying those taxes anyway, but it's completely different when someone's taking a hundred dollars out of my check and when I have to write that $3,000 check at the end of the year, which is a huge concern of mine. Fortunately, one of the people still works for an agency. So she won't end up owing as much taxes, because some are still being taken out through the agency.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CareLinx?

I was looking for healthcare providers because the person that I had for many years was retiring. I have a disability that requires assistance in the morning, so I was looking for someone that I could hire on my own and not have the added overhead cost of contracting with companies. Enrolling with CareLinx was a really positive experience. I created an account through their website. Then, they contacted me and told me how the process would work. They contract with another company and handle the tax situations, so I pay my quarterly employment taxes. I've been using them for three years now and so far they’ve been good. They took care of finding people in the area that could possibly work for me, they set up the interviews and I interview the candidates. The nice thing is they do the background checks too, so I didn't have to find a service that could do a background check on each person that I might hire.

I've had a few CareLinx caregivers over time and they have all been pretty good. Like with any potential employee, sometimes I get ones who believe they can keep the schedule. Because I also work, I have to have somebody who can come in pretty early in the morning so that I could get out the door and get to my job on time. I've had experiences where the employee underestimates what the travel time for them is. They do it for a while and then find out it's not worth the money for them so I end up having to hire somebody else.

When I started with CareLinx, they didn't indicate on a candidate's profile whether that candidate had a vehicle or not. But over time they've improved their website, and now I can browse their database and see those people who indicated they have their own transportation. They've also improved their time card entry system. My current care worker told me that now he doesn't have to use his time card every single day. The system recognized a pattern that we pretty much stick to at the same time. So, from weeks to weeks the system could just sit there and see the schedule we've done. Then it makes a guess to the next time card for the week and asks if it’s still the same schedule, and I just have to indicate yes or no. The time card comes my way and I can just look at it, indicate and pay by credit card. They're also good at getting the forms to me on time.

Another nice thing is with CareLinx's tax service, I choose to have them mail me the forms and then I have to submit the forms or go online to the State of Maryland and do the actual payments. They have the option to do it all for me, but I wasn't too comfortable because they wanted both the checking account and the credit card so that in case the checking account didn't have the funds, they would bill the credit card. But if they did, they had a $70 penalty fee. So I thought I'll just take care of it myself. But it's really smooth paying the bills.

We were looking for caregivers for my father who suffered a spinal cord injury in 2013 and required nearly constant care. Our biggest problems with agencies were that they regularly shift caregivers in like a rotation, which I believe keeps people from developing a relationship with the caregiver. And that's why we looked for a more direct hire method like CareLinx has.

It's very easy to enroll with CareLinx. We didn't have any problem with that. We also had a good relationship with our family adviser and she was helpful to us. I also use their app. With it, I could review my caregiver invoices on the phone and I could do that remotely. My dad has care every single day so we were dealing with a huge volume of invoices, so for me to be able to review that from wherever I was, is very helpful. We found really good caregivers through CareLinx so it certainly improved his quality of life and was a very valuable resource for us.

One thing that could be improved is their system. Regularly we would have caregivers submit time in advance of their shift. So, if they were gonna work on Wednesday, they would put in their time on Tuesday. And then, if something happened, where they didn't show up on Wednesday or maybe they worked less hours, because they had already submitted their time and because the CareLinx system auto pays, they would get paid for it.

We did have one caregiver who stole from us about $1,000 doing that before I realized but CareLinx was awesome. They worked with us and we got the money back. It was great. I would definitely recommend CareLinx. It's an awesome resource. It helps families find the people that they need directly. Families also have total ability and flexibility to do things like when a caregiver's really great like go in and give them a raise right away. When families are working with an agency, and somebody's really great it's the agency that decides what they get and what they don't get.

My mom was becoming ill. I got a caregiver for her through CareLinx. Enrollment with them was very good. So far, our caregiver has been wonderful. She had experience and she’s good at her job. CareLinx has been a big help. If I have to hire a second caregiver, I’ll do it with them again. I also like having the payroll and the tax handling covered.

I’m physically disabled so I needed a caregiver to get me up, bathe, dress for my workday, etc and CareLinx was the easiest to find somebody. Enrolling with them was super easy. From the time I found them to the time I got everything set up, all the paperwork done and everything only took under a week. So far, it's been two years that I've been using them. One of their benefits over a normal agency was the fact I could control payroll. I didn’t have to worry about that. They took care of all the paperwork, but I still retained the employer “status” instead of having to go through a third party. I've gone through several different and third-party agencies before where they were the actual employers. I was paying them and they were finding and hiring people but I never had good experience with it. I can never find somebody reliable that would stick around long enough that wouldn’t leave me high and dry.

My CareLinx caregivers have been fantastic. They’re always rock solid and part of that is because I interviewed them and they also went through an interview process with CareLinx. So, it’s a multi-layered. They’re checking up on them and they’re checking up on me too. It’s really good compared to other places where I've literally had people walk out on me in the middle of doing something. Keeping everything web-based is the easiest way for me to interact with them due to my physical limitations.

CareLinx solved the logistics and a whole ballpark of mindset that I don’t have to worry about. My parents were my emergency backups, but they live still an hour away. I have more confidence in these people because they’re solid, they’ve been background checked and they have people that are checking up on them. If somebody did leave, I have a team of people looking for me to find the next person as quickly as possible. So I got other eyes almost, and it’s a whole team effort to really get my care taken care of. One thing they do a good job of is that on a monthly basis they follow up, even though there might not be anything wrong. It’s being proactive and a very good practice that they have. I really appreciate that and it goes a long way to them warding off somebody getting into a potentially tough situation where everybody is scrambling.

My mom is in an independent living facility and needed help in the mornings to get up and going and make choices for clothing. I was looking for a caregiver agency that was easy for me to handle and well-recommended both online and by experience. I looked at several online and liked the way CareLinx was set up. It was like Match.com. I liked being able to see the pictures, getting a sense of how intelligent they were by how they could write a sentence and being able to look for someone nearby. I was supposed to have one person who was handling my stuff but then I had a different one and that was a little confusing. The original person I had called me back to make sure everything was okay. She checked in on me which was good. And the tax part was easy for me to sign up for my mom.

However, I had a few bumps during the enrollment. One of the first people I interviewed used CareLinx for herself but wasn’t going to sign up with CareLinx and I didn’t like that at all. But I ultimately found someone that I really like and who’s been terrific. I tried to get a second person who would do weekends and I had a hard time getting CareLinx to put down what it needed to say. I couldn’t just amend it so I had to put another job out and then they repeated the stuff that was for the first job, which was different because this was just weekends. So even though I typed in what I wanted, it didn’t allow it.

Then I hired a girl who had limited experience but had good references. However, I had to let her go because she wasn't being truthful so I have no one for weekends now. When she met my other caregiver, she tried to make her do all the weekends, which is why I hired her in the first place. She did not work out and never really called me back to tell me what was going on. She said she had a family emergency and we found out she was in Miami having fun so that wasn’t so good. But the one I have that I use consistently is great. I would recommend her to anybody.

I was looking for a caregiver for my elderly relative who lives in an assisted-living facility. She is in need of medication management assistance and other daily basic living necessities. Then CareLinx was referred to me. Their website is useful for many things, and I found the candidate sourcing part to be most useful. I'm able to revise the actual posting for my aunt's needs. Also, it gives me confidence that I can review in-depth who the candidates are since CareLinx makes available the candidates' backgrounds. The enrollment process went well, too. Also, I have two contacts there and they often check with me and try to do their best to help. We've had three caregivers and one of them was a great fit for my aunt, lasted the longest, but unfortunately died. The other two were not so great. The one who we tried after the other one who died on us did not work.

CareLinx gives you some alternate caregivers and you could talk to them before you make a decision, where some others just send you somebody. I like the way they approach it. It frees me up to do things - it's great and convenient. I use the same person because she's been very good, flexible, responsible and reliable. It worked out well for our type of schedule. I checked other services before and I'm very happy with CareLinx. I would recommend them.

I'm suffering from immobility and Parkinson's disease. I contacted two agencies for a caregiver and CareLinx was more responsive. We interviewed and we found a great caregiver who's very professional, very effective and I'm totally happy. It worked out very well for me and my family.

My dad has Parkinson's and dementia. I needed a caregiver fast, so I looked it up and CareLinx popped up. Most parts of the enrollment was fine but there was a little bit of confusing stuff. One caregiver we have has a really hard time with doing the timesheets so I'm still having to do those for her and that's a little bit annoying. But everything else has been okay.

We got two CareLinx caregivers at first so that they could split the week but we had to let one of them go because I had to tell her over and over every week that she's not doing one thing after another. That was actually very hard and very confusing for my dad. But the other caregiver so far has been really good and patient. So, it helps because my mom takes care of my dad all day and at night, she can sleep good knowing that the caregiver is taking care of him. I would recommend CareLinx. One just has to try out different people and some of them are gonna be really good while some aren't, but that's everywhere.

CareLinx Company Profile