CareLinx

CareLinx Reviews

About CareLinx

Founded in 2011, CareLink aims to provide the best in-home health care services available with the simple touch of a button. When you hire a CareLinx provider on your mobile device, your family can save up to 50% in healthcare expenses without skimping on the quality of service your loved one deserves.

CareLinx Reviews

Stars Rating

• 29%
  • 71%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CareLinx?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CareLinx?
    Sales & Marketing

Reviewed May 30, 2024

I believe CareLinx is part of my UnitedHealthcare Insurance. Based on paperwork I have from my Customer Service with UnitedHealthcare. I have filed a grievance about this because I believe it's a scam!

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 7, 2024

Flexible Schedule Rewarding Emotional health Slower-paced. They do work with your schedule. Helping the elderly that truly needs help in there say to say life make your own schedule, setting your own hours.

Get buying tips about Home Care Services delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2024

United Healthcare offered 8 hours monthly of CareLinx as part of the group health plan for retirees, so I made the decision to go with the group plan in large part based on this. I figured if I could pay for 4 hours plus get the twelve from UHC, that would give me 3 hours a week. So on January 2nd I started trying to get things set up. First the link for UHC to Carelinx was repeatedly broken or down. Then I had to wait online forever only to speak with a very rude rep who didn’t resolve anything. Eventually during the week I get a professional and empathetic rep. He said he would get me registered and set me up with a care advisor, and they would call me that same day or the next.

Fast forward 3 days when I am phoning them back because nobody called. I talk with the rep, and she says it will be difficult because of where I live. Uh, I live in division of a metro. She said it must be in at least two hour increments, but it would be heard to get somebody to work just two hours. Then why do they offer 2 hour increments? But I said 3 hours anyway. But she will call “tomorrow“. She called days later and I said we were sitting at the dinner table, could she call back in 15 minutes. She said she would be off. So I reluctantly said yes and left our guests. She then said she could call “tomorrow”. Fast forward 3 days she calls and says she found someone and I ask her to text the phone number.

The care adviser told me to contact her once the caregiver and I had talked. I called the number on a Monday, and the care provider said she was on vacation this week, but she would call Monday. I immediately texted my care advisor with the info. That was January 15th. Today is Tuesday January 23 at 4 PM and I have never heard back from the care provider or the care advisor. When I phoned the care advisor, she wasn’t available. I left a voicemail January is almost over, and it doesn’t look likely that I will get my 8 hours monthly care provider through Carelinx as stated in my insurance.

Online & AppStaff

Reviewed Jan. 10, 2024

I signed up with Carelinx in 2015, but was never offered work. Just recently, I started calling to speak to the DSD and was able to speak to Care Advisors about job postings. Most of the jobs listed on their app have been filled or no longer exist. When there is an available job, the CA doesn't give many details and that can derail the caregiver into a job that doesn't fit. When I was offered a better opportunity and better pay after additional online training, I was vetted for the Sharecare program. United Healthcare and other insurance and retirement organizations have linked with Carelinx to provide better at home care. Now I have 2 patients that Have hired me and the first patient I have worked for 2 shifts and still haven't gotten paid. The Carelinx company policies state that if a caregiver hasn't gotten paid 2 days after submitting their timesheet, then Carelinx will pay them.

In the case of being a Sharecare caregiver, the patient doesn't pay you, the insurance company pays Sharecare and Carelinx pays the caregiver. Now I have an employment lawyer on hold, until I find out why they are not paying me. The patient's Care Advisor is supposed to resolve all issues with their clients and the assigned caregivers. There is no personnel office, no accounts payable office, no management of any kind to help me. This company is managed and owned by one person, and he is Unreachable!

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 4, 2024

Several times they called me to say they had someone available to come to my home and then admit they had nobody! They eventually had one person come and then shorten the allotted time, saying that was what CareLinx told them. Someone else did not show up. They lied to me repeatedly. Total waste of my time!

Staff

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2023

I signed up with CareLinx back in 2018. I have been more active recently since COVID-19. You do have to speak to someone directly in order to be onboarded and assigned to shifts. They are usually not the best clients/faculties. However, CareLinx does a great job to mediate and assure that caregivers are treated and paid fairly.

Customer Service

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2023

Not only did they not send appropriate referrals, they also are now harassing me with their emails still with referrals that are not in my area. I have sent multiple messages back saying I don't want to have any more contact with them and they are ignoring me. I have a 15 or so long chain of emails back and forth that I will be more than happy to forward to you. I already gave them a bad review online. I want them to cease and desist!

PriceStaffEase of Use

Reviewed July 6, 2021

I've been a caregiver with Carelinx for many years now and have found them to be an excellent resource for connecting me with wonderful clients in need of help. I am a licensed CNA with over 14 years experience and started with Carelinx in 2015 when they first became available in my area. I find the website easy to use and I have had wonderful clients as a result of their online portal. I have never had to pay for a background check and I believe they renew mine every year at no charge so I'm a bit confused by some of the reviews here. I've also never had to pay for a class to date and about to take one via the online portal that is free.

I have had for the most part excellent follow-up from their care advisors although there have been a few times that management has been difficult to reach. Having dealt with regular agencies in the past (which I will no longer do because they charge extremely high fees but pay their caregivers less than half of those fees), I found that Carelinx was a great option for me as their fees are minimal in comparison and they also offer payroll services through Homework Solutions so that clients do not have to worry about doing taxes or payroll deductions on their own. I do think there are a few improvements that could be made to the website like a space for caregivers to list the letters of recommendation for example but all in all I highly recommend it as a resource for both caregivers and those in need of caregiving services.

Staff

Reviewed June 29, 2021

Beware. The caregiver is not supervised by this company. These are independent people sent to your doorstep. Double check background checks, insurance coverages, workers compensation and employment tax exposure. There are many options for private care out there, but this one is the most risky. Beware.

Customer Service

Reviewed Feb. 11, 2021

In November of 2020, I sought a caretaker for my elderly father. I live several hundred miles away and had to conduct the search online with recommendations from local medical professionals. In the end I hired and individual through Carelinx, I was assured the individual was qualified and vetted. Within a few short days I was forced to call the police to my father's home as the caretaker was clearly intoxicated. She was in fact arrested and charged with various crimes.

To date carelinx has made no effort to rectify this situation. From what I gather the implication is that ultimately I am responsible as I hired her. Utter nonsense, carelinx provided this individual and took no responsibility for her actions. I strongly advice thinking twice before going through this company for the care of a loved one. I do in fact have a copy of the police report along with statements made by Hospice RNs who did in fact interact with this individual. In addition, the responding police did attempt to contact carelinx on the night of the arrest but did not get through.

CareLinx author review by Risa Kerslake

Carelinx is a caregiver marketplace that allows individuals and families across the country find and hire quality caregivers. The online platform makes it easy to pay and manage caregivers, even if you are living in a different city or state than your loved one.

• Online management: The online platform of CareLinx simplifies the management of caregivers, whether you live down the street or across the country from your loved one who needs care. Users can take care of scheduling, time tracking, coordinating and payment online.

• Dedicated advisor: Every CareLinx customer has a dedicated advisor who helps match caregivers to families.

• Save money: Finding a caregiver through CareLinx’s wide network can save you up to 50 percent of caregiving costs compared with finding a caregiver through a traditional network.

• Background checks: Every caregiver you find through CareLinx has undergone a thorough background check and screening, giving you peace of mind that your loved one is in good hands.

• App allows for visibility and connectedness: Download the CareLinx app to stay up to date on your loved one. The app allows families to chat and share photos with caregivers, coordinate daily tasks and send reminders.

by Risa Kerslake Contributing Writer

Risa Kerslake is a registered nurse turned freelance writer who writes extensively on health, health care technology, parenting and education. Her work has appeared in such publications as Discover, Women's World, U.S. News & World Report, Healthline and Parents. She lives in the Midwest with her husband and three children, is a crochet enthusiast and won't ever turn down a coffee date.

CareLinx Company Information