Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.17/5

Founded in 2011, CareLink aims to provide the best in-home health care services available with the simple touch of a button. When you hire a CareLinx provider on your mobile device, your family can save up to 50% in healthcare expenses without skimping on the quality of service your loved one deserves.

Use our platform to schedule a caregiver, coordinate care services, and even manage payroll. You can schedule anything from exercise and housekeeping to coordinating meals and transportation. Unable to be close to your loved one? No problem, our app allows you to login anywhere and see what the schedule is for the day as well as put you in touch directly with the caregiver where you can ask questions or share photos in real-time.

CareLinx Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CareLinx?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CareLinx?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I have some physical issues that make it hard to clean. I needed someone to come over, and help me clean and organize things. At first the person suggested someone who was in another city. I didn't think someone would want to commute. So I checked the database. I could only browse people Each had a generic, "I love seniors," one paragraph. I'm sure there would have been those on the list who would be great, but as far as I was concerned, I could do better by placing an ad on Craigslist. Oh, I was told I had to go register for an EIN and would have to fill out tax documents on my own at the end of the year. I got lots of phone calls back from them. I did try to contact a few people but only one got back to me and I didn't think it was a good fit.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Hired caregiver through this web site, first experience doing so, depended on info provided in web site, hired what was represented as a "Caregiver." Find out after turning in claim to our insurance Co. that person we hired was NOT a licensed Caregiver and our ins. claim payment was declined. CareLinx attitude is/was to assume "no responsibility." Client (Me) should have read info more carefully and have/are doing nothing to help or make this right. This Non Caregiver hire has cost us $1071.55

Get buying tips about Home Care Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I tried CareLinx. My elderly mother is on Hospice and I needed someone to watch her when I was away. I contacted CareLinx and they called me right away. Amanda was my assigned representative. She was very nice...on that day. I interviewed a caregiver and she was nice but didn't have any Hospice experience so I didn't hire her. The company, and AMANDA, thought I did so they called and called and text me and emailed me. I didn't respond because I had found a caregiver through a more reputable website. Then I got a text from the girl I interviewed saying they had deactivated her account. I called them to try and clear it up, but AMANDA wasn't so nice now. They deactivated my account as well, like I cared. All in all, with all the emails and phone calls it was just a big hassle at a time when I don't need any more problems to deal with. Stay away! Bad company.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I submitted a low rating for my last caretaker and CareLinx did not want to show it. My 5 star rating for the other caretaker is there, however. Doesn't seem honest to me. I will not use their service anymore.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I honestly don't think anybody there knows what they are doing. I am talking about CareLinx the agency, not the caregivers who apply for jobs. Those are people applying for jobs and I think most of us understand that. Instead of making things up, possibly it would be best to tell us from the get go about the actual fees and time for deposits to be made into the caregiver's account. Does anybody remember having a job and saying, "I don't know, let me get your number and call you back" instead of just pulling answers out of your ** that change daily? This is a really good concept. My mom's caregiver transferred to this agency because I asked her to. Now I regret what I have done. The truth is out there, it will just take Carelinx 7 or 8 tries to give it to you.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

This is a great idea! Provide a place where caregivers & those needing help can contact one another. They allow you to "browse jobs" right away and while most of them asked for someone to work 1 or 2-hour shifts, there were some that seemed like they might be a good fit. So, I spent a fair amount of time entering all my information. They push you incessantly to pay for a background check and say that you aren't allowed access to certain online classes and some clients until you give them the money. I finally gave in and paid my $20 (which they claimed to be 50% off the regular price) and quickly received the good results. I was ready to start contacting clients! But NO! Now when I try to apply, I am told that only "Diamond" caregivers can apply in my state. I'm starting to feel like CareLinx isn't what they present it to be and I wonder how many new things I will be required to pay for just to be able to apply for a position.

Original review: April 4, 2017

I have an aging mother who is unable to take care of herself, so I sought a caregiver. I did some research and found CareLinx, which seemed to be a workable fit at the time. I've used another in-home care agency before, but CareLinx is a bit better. Their candidates are vetted fairly well before they even get to us and that saves a lot of time and energy. With the setup, once the schedule is established, there are links to help us with household taxes and the like. It seems to be a little bit more of a soup to nuts, all-inclusive type of service.

We enrolled and set up an account in CareLinx. We indicated what we were looking for, based on the needs of the person who had to be cared for, and if she's mobile, whether we needed somebody who has a car. We put all those classifications in our link and search. Within a day, we got several candidates who fit the requirements of what we were looking for within our area or in neighboring towns. Then, from there, we then started to figure out who we wanted to interview. The we set up the interviews with them and whittled down our list to somebody who might work out well.

The process wasn't so simple to go through the first time, but there was good customer service support. So, when we called and spoke to the reps, they were able to smoothen the path and help us along. We've had a few caregivers and right now, we have more than one. The caregivers provide good service. The service is very expensive but so far, so good, and although the rates are costly, these are somewhat competitive. It's also a necessity for us now. CareLinx has made it possible for my loved one to be here, and it would not have worked out otherwise. It's been a fairly good experience with them overall.

Factual basis uncertain
      Original review: March 22, 2017

We registered on CareLinx and were told we could hire direct or we could go through the company and receive the benefits of CareLinx. We chose to go direct. Caregiver was named Kim and she started out very attentive and friendly. Mom said all she wanted to do was talk and eat and that got on her nerves a bit but we “thought” Kim was a good find. She advertised an hourly rate of $13 to provide 4 hours a day of LIGHT cleaning duties, which were discussed before offering her the job. Mom lives on my property in a small studio in the back of our home that is about 500 sq. feet total. There is a bath, shower, sink off the laundry area and then a full-size bed separated by a wall of cabinets to the sitting area or living room space with a TV, off of that there is a small kitchenette.

Mom had a stroke two years ago and recently fell and broke her wrist and is still in a soft cast so she can't do much at all for herself. We asked that the daily duties be to feed mom breakfast and lunch and in between that to assist mom with her shower and then get her dressed for the day. In addition to this, when time permitted during the week, we asked caregiver to do light cleaning of the bathroom and sitting area and microwave when caregiver splattered food in it while reheating food. This woman was only interested in taking my mother out for outings so she could get her nails done and so mom would put gas in her vehicle. She sent us a text at 8:08 am on a Monday morning telling me she was not coming back to work. This was after she was sick the week before for 4 days.

Kim hails from Rancho Cordova just outside Sacramento and is fraudulently trying to conceal her income. The first week mom wrote Kim a check but after that she insisted on cash only. Kim started out nice but she must be a little off balance because she sent me 32 text messages today, all with a snarky tone and angry empty threats. She ranted about so many off the wall things about working here that all I could finally do, was laugh. She is not a nice person and is definitely a liar and Kim will eat you out of house and home and she talks nonstop as though she was wired (juiced up) all the time.

I am glad she is gone now even though she took some items that were "loaned" to her, I am glad we no longer have this nightmare and I hope you all can avoid having one with her as well. She's pleasant for about 10 business days and then she begins acting like a real jerk. I contacted CareLinx and left a message but did not get a returned call as of this writing.

Original review: March 17, 2017

My elderly mother has a traumatic brain injury from an accident. Two years ago in Boston, I got somebody through Care.com. But when I looked at their potential people in Florida and the ones on CareLinx, the pool of people looked better on the latter. My nephew had done a technical internship in CareLinx when he was in college and he told me about them.

The services of CareLinx and Care.com are totally different from each other because I didn't have the continuing relationship with Care.com. Once I found the person, all the arrangements were privately between us and we separately did whatever paperwork was needed. Whereas with CareLinx, I'm using the HomeWork Solution and the person I got is getting paid through them as opposed to me writing the check myself every week. So far, I haven't had an opportunity to really know whether their record keeping and paperwork is done as well as they claim it is. But at this point, I asked our caregiver if she's getting her checks on time and she said that part of it seems fine.

Enrolling with CareLinx was quite easy although there were a few navigation things with the website that I found a little cumbersome at the beginning. But they have sufficient people to choose from, they got the information that I needed to see and I was able to know who was background checked. I was very pleased with the few people who came to the interview and I was very impressed with everybody's qualifications. I had a lot of good choices and the caregiver that I got was wonderful.

But had this girl not taken the job, there were two others that I thought were excellent also. And there was one girl that I really liked but it turned out her schedule was not going to be amenable. I needed somebody part time and she's available part time but not for the days that I needed her. Then she's available to do just mornings whereas I needed somebody who can do all day on certain days. There were also a couple of people I interviewed that I could tell weren't quite right for my mom's personality but nothing really wrong with them per se.

CareLinx has been very helpful and having them has made a big difference. They have allowed me to get out of the house to do the food shopping without worrying that I have to rush back and find out that my mother had fallen and is lying on the floor when I get home. I've even had a few days where I went to the beach for two hours which is unbelievable to me. Also there are certain things that my mother will fight against me but she's quite happy to deal with the same thing with the caregiver. Since it's not her daughter, she's not feeling that her authority is being challenged and she doesn't get all defensive and want to argue against doing whatever it is that I'm recommending. The girl we have was often times able to get her to do things that I can't get her to do like comply with safety rules around the house.

Original review: March 3, 2017

I got out of the hospital with a lot of problems. I'm on oxygen 24 hours a day, and I needed help. My husband went to CareLinx looking for someone to take care of me. We were able to interview Kelly and we immediately liked her personality and help. Also, she is a wonderful cook. However, I have to be considered an employer and it's been a pain in my rear with all the taxes that have to be paid.

CareLinx author review by Shelley Webb

Carelinx is a caregiver marketplace that allows individuals and families across the country find and hire quality caregivers. The online platform makes it easy to pay and manage caregivers, even if you are living in a different city or state than your loved one.

• Online management: The online platform of CareLinx simplifies the management of caregivers, whether you live down the street or across the country from your loved one who needs care. Users can take care of scheduling, time tracking, coordinating and payment online.

• Dedicated advisor: Every CareLinx customer has a dedicated advisor who helps match caregivers to families.

• Save money: Finding a caregiver through CareLinx’s wide network can save you up to 50 percent of caregiving costs compared with finding a caregiver through a traditional network.

• Background checks: Every caregiver you find through CareLinx has undergone a thorough background check and screening, giving you peace of mind that your loved one is in good hands.

• App allows for visibility and connectedness: Download the CareLinx app to stay up to date on your loved one. The app allows families to chat and share photos with caregivers, coordinate daily tasks and send reminders.

by Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

CareLinx Company Information