toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

My mom is in an independent living facility and needed help in the mornings to get up and going and make choices for clothing. I was looking for a caregiver agency that was easy for me to handle and well-recommended both online and by experience. I looked at several online and liked the way CareLinx was set up. It was like Match.com. I liked being able to see the pictures, getting a sense of how intelligent they were by how they could write a sentence and being able to look for someone nearby. I was supposed to have one person who was handling my stuff but then I had a different one and that was a little confusing. The original person I had called me back to make sure everything was okay. She checked in on me which was good. And the tax part was easy for me to sign up for my mom.

However, I had a few bumps during the enrollment. One of the first people I interviewed used CareLinx for herself but wasn’t going to sign up with CareLinx and I didn’t like that at all. But I ultimately found someone that I really like and who’s been terrific. I tried to get a second person who would do weekends and I had a hard time getting CareLinx to put down what it needed to say. I couldn’t just amend it so I had to put another job out and then they repeated the stuff that was for the first job, which was different because this was just weekends. So even though I typed in what I wanted, it didn’t allow it.

Then I hired a girl who had limited experience but had good references. However, I had to let her go because she wasn't being truthful so I have no one for weekends now. When she met my other caregiver, she tried to make her do all the weekends, which is why I hired her in the first place. She did not work out and never really called me back to tell me what was going on. She said she had a family emergency and we found out she was in Miami having fun so that wasn’t so good. But the one I have that I use consistently is great. I would recommend her to anybody.

None people found this review helpful

CareLinx gives you some alternate caregivers and you could talk to them before you make a decision, where some others just send you somebody. I like the way they approach it. It frees me up to do things - it's great and convenient. I use the same person because she's been very good, flexible, responsible and reliable. It worked out well for our type of schedule. I checked other services before and I'm very happy with CareLinx. I would recommend them.

None people found this review helpful

I'm suffering from immobility and Parkinson's disease. I contacted two agencies for a caregiver and CareLinx was more responsive. We interviewed and we found a great caregiver who's very professional, very effective and I'm totally happy. It worked out very well for me and my family.

None people found this review helpful

My dad has Parkinson's and dementia. I needed a caregiver fast, so I looked it up and CareLinx popped up. Most parts of the enrollment was fine but there was a little bit of confusing stuff. One caregiver we have has a really hard time with doing the timesheets so I'm still having to do those for her and that's a little bit annoying. But everything else has been okay.

We got two CareLinx caregivers at first so that they could split the week but we had to let one of them go because I had to tell her over and over every week that she's not doing one thing after another. That was actually very hard and very confusing for my dad. But the other caregiver so far has been really good and patient. So, it helps because my mom takes care of my dad all day and at night, she can sleep good knowing that the caregiver is taking care of him. I would recommend CareLinx. One just has to try out different people and some of them are gonna be really good while some aren't, but that's everywhere.

Expert Review

Shelley WebbSenior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.    More about Shelley→

Carelinx is a caregiver marketplace that allows individuals and families across the country find and hire quality caregivers. The online platform makes it easy to pay and manage caregivers, even if you are living in a different city or state than your loved one.

• Online management: The online platform of CareLinx simplifies the management of caregivers, whether you live down the street or across the country from your loved one who needs care. Users can take care of scheduling, time tracking, coordinating and payment online.
  • Dedicated advisor: Every CareLinx customer has a dedicated advisor who helps match caregivers to families.
  • Save money: Finding a caregiver through CareLinx’s wide network can save you up to 50 percent of caregiving costs compared with finding a caregiver through a traditional network.
  • Background checks: Every caregiver you find through CareLinx has undergone a thorough background check and screening, giving you peace of mind that your loved one is in good hands.
  • App allows for visibility and connectedness: Download the CareLinx app to stay up to date on your loved one. The app allows families to chat and share photos with caregivers, coordinate daily tasks and send reminders.
  • Best for Primary caregivers, elderly individuals, accident victims and families who live far away from loved ones who need extra care.

CareLinx Company Profile