Get Started

4.1/5 (640 ratings)

About Candid

Candid provides invisible braces and works with orthodontists to offer you specialized care and teeth straightening services. Through its teledentistry model, Candid delivers aligners to your door but lets you visit a licensed orthodontist for customized services during your teeth straightening process.

Pros

• Stain-resistant and BPA-free
  • Receive all your aligners at once
  • Work with an orthodontist

Cons

• Can be pricey.
  • Not everyone is a candidate

Bottom Line

Candid is an online invisible aligners company. While its invisible braces can be pricey, Candid lets you work with a licensed orthodontist throughout your entire treatment plan.

Candid Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Candid?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Candid?

Original review: April 21, 2021

There were multiple mistakes after my aligners were made. My bottom set went from a crooked set to a very straight set all of a sudden. I asked Candid if they could send me an in-between set and they didn't respond to my email. I emailed again a week later and there was still no response. It got to the point that they stopped communicating with me at all.

Their reps seemed like they were trying to be helpful when I first called. But when it came to me asking for a new set that would actually fit my mouth and help my teeth, they seemed very adamant against sending me a new set, unless the set was damaged. I had a damaged set before, which I sent them pictures of, and they sent me a new set for that. But with the new ones, they just kept telling me to use my chewies and shove them in my mouth, even though they don't fit my teeth. And I continue to pay off the $2,000 that I got a loan for, even though I'm no longer doing Candid. It was not a good experience. I wish that the company has better integrity.

Candid response

Hi Megan. Thank you for your feedback. Please know that Candid and its affiliated orthodontists aim to provide high quality services. However, because of privacy concerns, we can't comment about patient care on public channels. Our customer care team is available at 844-295-6915 or via LiveChat from 9 AM to 7 PM EST. We also contact any customers with public complaints (whom we can identify) in order to address their concerns directly. If a complaint or concern is missed by our support team, we apologize!

Original review: April 20, 2021

I had to go into the office and the rep did the molding on my teeth. It was maybe 14 weeks before I received it. For some reason they couldn’t get my molding right. After I received the molding, they had to follow the steps in the process. I'm not happy with the results. The last step says you’re supposed to wear them eight hours during sleeping time. If I do that, once I take them off, probably around 5:00 PM that evening, you can start to see the little gap coming back. It’s not until I put them back in that it goes away. I called Candid but the phone kept getting disconnected from them. I gave up after that and I haven't reached out to them in a while. It was probably in August, which was when I was supposed to wear my last set of aligners.

Candid response

Hi Glen. Thank you for your feedback. Please know that Candid and its affiliated orthodontists aim to provide high quality services. However, because of privacy concerns, we can't comment about patient care on public channels. Our customer care team is available at 844-295-6915 or via LiveChat from 9 AM to 7 PM EST. We also contact any customers with public complaints (whom we can identify) in order to address their concerns directly. If a complaint or concern is missed by our support team, we apologize!

Original review: April 20, 2021

I paid my treatment in cash at the start and the reason I did is because I didn't want to pay for all the interest. But now, they're coming at me that I have to pay like 60 bucks for every retainer I get and the girl I talked to said I'm supposed to switch the retainer every six months. That's the only thing I'm not so happy with. Other than that, the results have been very good so far.

Candid response

Thanks for your feedback, Hiram.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I really love Candid. It's super easy to order retainers. I saw the ads and I clicked on one then I got the aligner kit. It's a lot cheaper, and it was super simple to use, so I went with it. My teeth were not bad, but I wanted my bottom teeth to be a bit straighter. They're super straight so they were starting to crowd and get crooked at the bottom. They are still but they have bit of a twist on them. It used to be where the bottom teeth were going into each other. Now, they look a lot better than what they did.

Candid response

Thanks, Brittaney! We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: April 19, 2021

About four months into the process, my daughter started seeing changes and she was in her last set at eight months. My daughter is very happy about the outcome and her self-confidence has improved. We opted to pay the extra to have the orthodontist have a monthly picture sent to him to show progress so that they could determine if my daughter was ready for the next set or if there were any concerns. That was a little bit of peace of mind. Also, with the facilitation of the Candid people, we were able to go ahead and process that through my insurance against the orthodontia. That helped to solidify that this was not a fly by night, snake oil kind of treatment plan.

Candid response

Thanks for your feedback, Phil! When you're happy, we're happy.

Original review: April 18, 2021

The price from Candid was interesting, so I reached out and got the starter kit. I did the impressions and called it in, then paid for it and I started the treatment. The result I got could have been a little bit better, but I could tell the difference. I could have done two more trays and it could have been perfected. They were supposed to send me another impression to see if they could perfect it more. But it never happened and it was so hard to reach out to someone. If I had gone with Invisalign, I would have gotten the professional everything and the ideal smile that I really wanted but it would probably cost about six grand compared to two grand with Candid. So I just left it alone. The teeth ain’t bad.

Candid response

Hi Leronte. Thank you for your feedback. Please know that Candid and its affiliated orthodontists aim to provide high quality services. However, because of privacy concerns, we can't comment about patient care on public channels. Our customer care team is available at 844-295-6915 or via LiveChat from 9 AM to 7 PM EST. We also contact any customers with public complaints (whom we can identify) in order to address their concerns directly. If a complaint or concern is missed by our support team, we apologize!

Original review: April 18, 2021

I had a teeth grinding issue, and my teeth were colliding with each other. I asked the doctor if using these aligners to straighten the teeth would help that problem. He said, “Certainly, it will,” so I went ahead and did it. It was faster and costs a lot less. The process and the results are good too. Although it did not take care of my original problem, my teeth look a lot better. On a different note, it’ll be important for Candid to let new patients know upfront they’re signing up for a lifelong expense. After the treatment is done, the patients have to keep wearing the aligners. They also have to keep buying it for the rest of their life, $100 every year.

Candid response

Thanks for your feedback, Muhammad. We appreciate it!

Original review: April 18, 2021

I looked into invisible braces and Candid was the only one that didn't have a bunch of lawsuits against them. Also, they were the only ones who had orthodontists rather than dental specialists, which are very different things. They look at your stuff and go over it and it's not a one-size-fits-all package. It's really specialized. As much as it's remote and not one-on-one, the way they have it set up feels like they give a crap. They communicate and they do a great job.

Candid response

Thanks, Jessie! We really appreciate your feedback.

Original review: April 17, 2021

I had braces when I was younger and then the retainers, whenever I got them off, would leave such bad cuts on my tongue that I couldn’t eat. If there was anything salty, it would just hurt so bad with the retainers. So I tried Candid and it ended up being more pain than it was really worth as well. They didn't seem to fit right. It was just causing more pain and wasn’t really doing anything. The bottom may have a little bit of a change, but the top pretty much stayed the same.

From not wearing the retainers, the bottom moves back pretty bad. So there was just some that I wanted to straighten back out at least a little bit on the bottom. I reached out whenever I first started noticing they weren't fitting right. Even with the biting things, I couldn't get them to snap on properly in the back. I tried to email Candid at one point and I never got a response from them.

Candid response

Hi Mikayla. Thank you for your feedback. Please know that Candid and its affiliated orthodontists aim to provide high quality services. However, because of privacy concerns, we can't comment about patient care on public channels. Our customer care team is available at 844-295-6915 or via LiveChat from 9 AM to 7 PM EST. We also contact any customers with public complaints (whom we can identify) in order to address their concerns directly. If a complaint or concern is missed by our support team, we apologize!

Original review: April 17, 2021

I had one gap on the bottom of my teeth and one gap on the top of my teeth, which were my main concerns. Somebody confronted me and told me my gap was so cute and I said, "Nope." I was fixing that because it was always an insecurity. I gave Candid a shot and it was over in four months. So, it was quick and easy, and I loved it. I felt the shifting but I saw major changes probably two months in. It was pain-free. It sucked when you switched trays but I learned to switch my trays the night before bed. I referred all my friends and family and I would recommend Candid to everybody. This is an amazing thing. When my daughter gets braces, we'll be going through Candid as well.

Original review: April 17, 2021

I had braces before a long time ago, and a permanent retainer was not put in. The bottom row got misaligned again, so I got Candid. It was convenient to just be able to do everything by mail and phone. The price was nice, too. It was 1800 bucks as opposed to 6700 for Invisalign. The rep followed up with me several different times. When I had questions and there was something he wasn't 100% sure about, he ended up getting back with me and telling me whatever it was that I needed to know. He was more than helpful and I'm impressed. However, after I went through my last set of trays, it never got the bottom row all the way straight. I called a while back and they said that they were gonna send me another impression kit. I'm so busy with my job I hardly ever have time to do anything.

Original review: April 16, 2021

Candid was priced better for me than some of the other competitors. Getting started was an easy process. I was sent the starter kit for free so I could do the molds and send it back and find out what my treatment would look like. Once I sent them everything back, the reps gave really great customer service. The process was really straightforward and easy to follow which was a big plus. The worst part though is that my teeth move so for a couple of days my mouth would hurt. Other than that, I didn't have to pay for Candid right away so it kind of made it a no-risk opportunity.

Original review: April 16, 2021

My teeth is slightly crowded, but Invisalign is super costly. I was looking for an affordable option, so I approached Candid. I liked that it was affordable and I also read good reviews about them. Even in my experience, everything's been perfect. I'm really happy with the treatment. The quality is great. I would definitely recommend my friends to go ahead with them.

Candid response

Thanks for sharing, Nikhila! We're happy you're happy.

Original review: April 16, 2021

It was a smooth process. I'm very happy with the process and the results. I've already pulled a couple of people in my family to go and do it.

Candid response

Thanks, Michael! Appreciate your feedback.

Original review: April 15, 2021

I still wear my aligners every night and I'm super happy with the results. I also recently got my new whitening kit which is now offered in the new kits. When I started, it was a different whitening process, so I went ahead and got that as well recently. It's been amazing. Check-ins would be nice but I'm a busy person so I chose not to pay for that bundle pack where I'm talking to a dentist frequently. But it would be nice to have somebody to reach out and let me know during the process if everything is looking good.

Candid response

Thanks, Jacqueline! We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: April 15, 2021

I had a big gap in my front two teeth and I went with Candid's plan that had 13 steps. I got the pre-mold in the mail for $20 and sent it back, then they got back with me with the payment plan, which was nice. After that, I received the 14 trays in the mail in a box and everything was nicely packaged. I went through the cycle of all of them and my teeth straightened up. There was noticeable movement after a month and a half but the gap didn't close until the end because I had some other teeth that needed to be straightened out first. So the closing of the gap was the last step and I didn't really see what I was hoping to get fixed until near the end of it, but all my other teeth are straight.

Candid's customer service was nice and the sales rep worked with me. But it was a pretty self-explained process. I opted for the orthodontist and I would send the pictures in, then they would get verified. They’d send back any notes if they had to and I did all that on my phone. Other than that, the program made me eat less because you're supposed to brush your teeth after you eat so you don't have all that gunk up in your tray. It wasn't that bad though. It was just an extra process you had to go through every day and you get used to it after a while.

Candid response

Thanks for your feedback, Braden! We're so glad you're happpy.

Original review: April 15, 2021

I had a gap and it was fixed. Every two weeks, I had to change the retainer and every time I change it, there was a little pressure but it was not bad. I really enjoy it. The only bad part is that I had to keep on using my retainer every night.

Candid response

Hi Elizabeth. Thank you for your feedback. As with most orthodontic procedures, a retainer is necessary to maintain teeth positions after Candid treatment. If you need any further assistance, let us know!

Original review: April 14, 2021

Sometimes my teeth got a little sore with Candid's process but it was nothing unbearable. It's better than braces because it's less painful. Also cosmetically, you can't really tell that you're wearing them. I like the results I got. They're good and I can still wear my last couple of aligners to keep my teeth in place. I would definitely recommend Candid. It worked out well for me.

Original review: April 14, 2021

I had gaps on the side that I wanted to come together and I went with Candid since I liked their price point. But after wearing the retainers, they didn't really helped that much. I reached out to them to see if I could get additional retainers, but I didn't get any response at all. I also contacted their customer service once, but it wasn’t fruitful. All in all, I spent a little over $1,000 and the overall telemedical experience of it was negative. Then ultimately, I didn't really see much of a difference.

Candid response

Hi Chisom. Thank you for your feedback. Please know that Candid and its affiliated orthodontists aim to provide high quality services. However, because of privacy concerns, we can't comment about patient care on public channels. Our customer care team is available at 844-295-6915 or via LiveChat from 9 AM to 7 PM EST. We also contact any customers with public complaints (whom we can identify) in order to address their concerns directly. If a complaint or concern is missed by our support team, we apologize!

Original review: April 14, 2021

I called them up and they were really nice so I went to a site in Houston. I had my braces measured and started the process. They told me what to do and told me to call them up if I had any questions. The process went according to plan and Candid came through in everything they promised, except the retainers, which should be part of the package. They don't tell you until it's over that you're going to have to spend more money on retainers but that should be included in the initial price.

Candid response

Thanks for your feedback, Tony!

Original review: April 13, 2021

After I got to my last retainer, I got lazy and I lost one. Then I set up meetings and I've tried to contact Candid. It's been months and I've never received anything back from them. So after they got their cut, they were done and their whole program is a scam. Their retainers are great and they do what they say, but any company can produce them and anybody can follow the steps. All they’d give you is the same doctor's response or whatever response to let you know that it was time to go on to the next retainer. They would just change it up a little bit. But one time, I ate food, didn't brush my teeth, and did the scan with food in my teeth. And they said, “Great. You keep it clean. Keep the brush work up." They are liars.

So the last half, I stopped doing the scans. I’d wear the retainers straight for 14 days and I’d keep scheduling in. I only took them out to eat, never took them out for any other purpose. And every 14 days they'd be loose. So, I got to the end and definitely had noticeable change. After I finished, I didn't wear them for a couple of weeks. Then, I would get really bad headaches just trying to put them back in and wear them for the day. If I just pushed through the headache and wore them for 24 hours again, it was fine. But if a person always continued to have something like that and they didn't use them for the first 14 days even, then they would take them out all the time or halfway through the day, and their shift wouldn't be correct. But then, they would do the scan and Candid would tell them to move on. All in all, the retainers are never going to work for a person that's lazy with it.

Candid response

Hi Elijah. Thank you for your feedback. Please know that Candid and its affiliated orthodontists aim to provide high quality services. However, because of privacy concerns, we can't comment about patient care on public channels. Our customer care team is available at 844-295-6915 or via LiveChat from 9 AM to 7 PM EST. We also contact any customers with public complaints (whom we can identify) in order to address their concerns directly. If a complaint or concern is missed by our support team, we apologize!

Original review: April 13, 2021

I went in for the initial scan and it was pretty straightforward from there. They sent me the plan, I agreed to it, and then, I got my boxes. It all went accordingly.

Candid response

Thanks, Sara! We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: April 12, 2021

I’ve been wishing to do Invisalign for years but I knew that the cost was out of my range. Then, I learned about Candid through a coworker friend and I went with them. I'm super happy with the result of my 14-week plan. I followed it to a T and I had the phone reminders set, so that worked great. There was minimal pain and it was really easy to do. I've recommended it to people since.

Candid response

We really appreciate the feedback, Spencer. When you're happy, we're happy!

Original review: April 12, 2021

I have one tooth on a different position, so I needed to align that and it worked after I used Candid. First, I went to an office in Dallas. They took some pictures, and they gave me an estimate for how many weeks it will take for my tooth's complete alignment. They showed me pictures on how it worked and on the same day, I decided to go with Candid. It was a 32-week process and I'm satisfied with the results. As compared to some other site, Candid is best.

Candid response

Thanks, Parth! We appreciate your feedback.

Original review: April 11, 2021

When I went to Candid, it was pre-pandemic and the experience in-person was great. They took good care of me. It was simple. The Affirm fees was amazing. It was an insane deal and it made the experience all that much better. But the app was pretty terrible. It worked fine for the beginning, but then they changed it. I lost access. I stopped getting any form of communication. The way my treatment finished was a bit underwhelming. I have been pretty patient because we are in a pandemic, and I haven't been comfortable going in-person to chat. But whenever I've called customer support, I've gotten good responses and quick support. So I am not upset in that sense. But it's just from a pure seamless experience, some of the offboarding wasn't what I expected given the situation.

Candid showed me how to put the retainers on when I picked them up. After that, I kept sending my pictures, and things moved on the 10-day schedule, as opposed to the 14-day schedule, which was great. There was a little bit of pain but there were no issues. I'm happy with the results. I'd like to see them again. One of my last molars might be misaligned, but nothing that's been too terrible. I don't know if it's a combination of my teeth moving quite a bit versus something not aligned correctly. Every time I put my retainers in the morning, it's fine. But through the course of the day, it shifts. Overall, I’ve had a great experience and I would vouch for Candid. It was a seamless and professional experience that was tailored to my needs as a customer, and they delivered results. If somebody thinks that Candid might be the right solution for them, I would totally back it up.

Candid response

Thanks for your feedback, Alejandro. We appreciate it!

Original review: April 11, 2021

I had an awful experience with Candid. I had one tooth on the bottom that was odd, so I wanted to put it back in place, and then go through the whole series of it. I was going out to a restaurant, and this kid that had perfect teeth mentioned Candid to me. I decided to do their system and in the beginning, it was excellent. When they sent the kit, everything was self-explanatory. I had no issues up until the last two months. You have to switch the shells every two weeks and as they got older, they started not fitting in my teeth. They were clearly not produced properly.

I kept the other ones in for a while and I just stopped using them because I wasn't happy with it. I should have had my 12th one as my retainer and then, my 11th one didn't fit. On the 10th one, I called Candid to ask if they could look into it and they responded with, “Well, maybe you didn't use your shells enough time. You have to use it properly.” I wear them long enough. They even send you a reminder to change them and I was following it. I'm a rule follower. I felt like they were blaming me for the cause, so I just gave up. I let it go 'cause some health issues happened with my husband.

I've been dealing with that since November and I've tried to reach out to Candid, but I've had no luck with getting a return call. I feel that my whole experience had been wasted. I wore those things constantly and I noticed a shift in my teeth, but I didn't get full satisfaction. I figured it was $1,800 of money I can't get back. Hopefully, Candid will contact me and either give me my money back or work with me on a six-month program.

Candid response

Hi Molly. Thank you for your feedback. Please know that Candid and its affiliated orthodontists aim to provide high quality services. However, because of privacy concerns, we can't comment about patient care on public channels. Our customer care team is available at 844-295-6915 or via LiveChat from 9 AM to 7 PM EST. We also contact any customers with public complaints (whom we can identify) in order to address their concerns directly. If a complaint or concern is missed by our support team, we apologize!

Original review: April 10, 2021

I like that the reps did the weekly check-ins. I felt like that was very great to make sure that I was on track. Candid has a great process to go through and I absolutely loved it. It was very easy. My teeth weren't in that much pain when I was going through it and I'm very happy with the way it turned out. It's worth it. They do work with insurance too.

Candid response

Thanks for your feedback, Breanna! When you’re happy, we’re happy.

Original review: April 9, 2021

It was pretty easy to get things set up. I ordered the gel to mold and I sent it in and then it came back. It was pretty simple and easy. I talked to customer service a couple of times throughout the process and they were pretty helpful. There was one tooth that kind of goes behind and it’s still a little bit behind but it’s straighter. But all my other teeth got moved pretty straight. Everything else worked pretty well. The aligners were good. They're kind of painful at first, but you get pretty used to them.

Candid response

Thanks for your feedback, Jacob. We appreciate it!

Original review: April 9, 2021

Have patience until you see your first result and trust the process. I noticed that my teeth started shifting the older I got. I never had braces, so I wanted to keep them as straight as they used to be. I went with Candid ‘cause I liked their customer service and how in touch they seemed. What stood out to me was when I had a consultant do a 3D imaging with me and go over what that would look like in terms of adjusting the teeth.

Candid response

Hi Megan. Thanks for your feedback! We really appreciate it.

Original review: April 8, 2021

There was pain every time I had to change the retainer number. My teeth were being moved. So I had to constantly keep biting down and it was really hard for me to eat after. I love steak so eating that was hard for me. I couldn't eat a lot of the foods that I liked. But it's okay now. My teeth aren't as crowded as it was before. I like the result but my teeth are not as straight. But then it's my fault as well because I don't wear the retainers a lot. If you don't keep your retainers, then your teeth are gonna start shifting. About three to four months after, I started seeing the shifting of my teeth.

Candid doesn't look at your teeth personally all the time. It's not like going through the dentist. So they don't really know the process of where your teeth are shifting. When I went to the dentist, they said something about my backbite not being there. It's like I don't have that much of a backbite because of the retainer. Overall, I like the experience, but at the same time, it does cause problems. If people wanted to have their teeth look straight and not stay straight, they could try Candid out. Because you have to be strict on yourself to keep wearing the retainers. But if you're not a person to remember things, it's not gonna stay straight.

Candid Company Information