About Bulletproof Coffee
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Bulletproof sells coffee, MCT oils, protein bars and supplements. Its flagship product, Bulletproof Coffee, is a morning health drink that utilizes high-quality ingredients to encourage peak productivity and body efficiency throughout the day. Bulletproof Coffee uses natural ingredients and is a healthier alternative to some meal replacement options on the market today.
- Increased energy
- Quality coffee beans
- High in saturated fat
Bulletproof Coffee is a meal replacement drink made with coffee, MCT oil and grass-fed, unsalted butter. It’s high in saturated fat, which can increase cholesterol, but the keto-friendly drink helps some dieters lose weight.
What is Bulletproof Coffee?
Bulletproof Coffee is a drink made from coffee, unsalted butter and MCT oil. You can make the coffee at home as a high-calorie morning drink or meal replacement. The company sells starter kits that include all the necessary ingredients.
Bulletproof Coffee designs its products to improve energy levels and focus. Ingredients include coffee grounds and MCT oils like Brain Octane and XCT Oil. Brain Octane and XCT Oil are both derived from coconut oil — Brain Octane is made from caprylic acid, and XCT Oil is made from a blend of caprylic and capric acids.
Bulletproof Coffee sells multiple blends of Rainforest Alliance Certified ground coffee.
How to make Bulletproof Coffee
Bulletproof Coffee is easy to make with only a few tools and ingredients from its store. The three main Bulletproof Coffee ingredients are coffee, MCT oil and grass-fed butter or ghee (clarified butter). Here are the four steps to make Bulletproof Coffee:
- Brew a cup of Bulletproof coffee using filtered water. Use a metal filter to preserve the natural oils in the coffee beans.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of Brain Octane or XCT Oil.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons grass-fed, unsalted butter. For a dairy-free version, you can substitute 1 to 2 teaspoons of grass-fed ghee, which is available in Bulletproof Coffee’s store.
- Blend everything in a blender for 20 to 30 seconds or until it looks like a foamy latte.
The company also sells Instamix creamers that can be added directly to a cup of coffee and do not require using a blender.
Losing weight with Bulletproof Coffee
The company claims that dieters can lose up to a pound per day with Bulletproof Coffee combined with a high-fat, low-carb diet and intermittent fasting. This diet is similar to the ketogenic diet and is designed to hack the body to make it function optimally.
On the Bulletproof Coffee diet, you start the day off with MCT oil and butter. MCT oil contains high levels of omega-3s, which are supposed to help with inflammation, gut health and energy levels. All of these things together combine to help people effectively lose weight.
Where to buy Bulletproof Coffee
Bulletproof Coffee can be bought on the company’s website, from Amazon and at retailers across the nation like Walmart and Hy-Vee. On Bulletproof Coffee’s site, customers can subscribe to receive Bulletproof products regularly and save 10%.
Bulletproof Coffee FAQ
- How much is bulletproof coffee?
- Customers can buy a starter kit with all three ingredients for $56.60. This kit makes approximately 20 to 25 cups of Bulletproof Coffee, so it should last about a month.
- What does bulletproof coffee taste like?
- Many people think Bulletproof Coffee tastes like a nutty latte. It is a bit heavier because of the butter, but the butter also creates a more flavorful and creamy drink.
- What are the health benefits of Bulletproof Coffee?
- Bulletproof Coffee is designed to kickstart your morning with fats that help your body function more optimally throughout the day. The company states the coffee raises your energy levels, promotes more effective digestion and fat burning and increases your focus.
- What is Brain Octane oil?
- Brain Octane oil is Bulletproof’s brand of MCT oil. It is extracted from 100% coconut oil and is more concentrated than traditional MCT oil.
- Does Starbucks sell Bulletproof Coffee?
- No, Starbucks does not sell Bulletproof Coffee products. But customers can create one from a Starbucks coffee by adding unsalted butter and Bulletproof’s MCT oil or using one of the company’s Instamix creamers.
- Can I drink Bulletproof Coffee twice a day?
- You could drink Bulletproof Coffee twice a day, but we don’t recommend it. The best benefits come from having just one cup of Bulletproof Coffee each day.
Is Bulletproof Coffee good for you?
For most people, yes. However, Bulletproof Coffee has different effects on people. Many people do feel a difference and say they have increased energy and focus. If you have high cholesterol or don’t eat a very balanced diet, however, Bulletproof Coffee may not be suitable for your health.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,426,712 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I lost and kept off 30 lbs doing Bulletproof. It’s easy to follow and I only stopped because I was loosing too much. I ate lots of meat and vegetables with lots of butter on them. Nothing white as in bread, rice, pasta or carbs. After the first 2 weeks the weight literally just fell off. Now to maintain I just eat healthier. Drop carbs and avoid SUGAR. I eat whatever I want most times but if I notice I’m gaining too much I just go back to the diet again and in a few days I’m set..
Bulletproof Collagen powder for Bulletproof coffee is delicious and satisfying. I also really like Bulletproof protein bars, especially the vanilla cookie flavor. They are delicious, satisfying, healthy, filling and as an added bonus, my skin and hair look better too!
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Larry Bodner, most recently the chief financial officer of Sovos Brands, a three-brand food and beverage company is the new CEO of Bulletproof 360. Putting profits over people, he has redirected the company to replace the high-quality Bulletproof Collagen Bars with cheap, non-organic ingredients. I am still trying to adjust to the new flavor of the chocolate chip cookie dough bar. I ordered a large number of boxes, not realizing that they would be so unacceptable. When I run out, I will be making my own bars with quality, organic MCT oil, organic cashew butter and high-quality collagen. I am very surprised that Dave Asprey would allow his company and products to be changed so dramatically under the direction of Larry Bodner's corporate influence. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!
We have had multiple problems with Bulletproof website - but remained customers until this last episode. The website again gave issues and proceeded to double charge us, at 132 a pop and send us two shipments a day apart??? Contacted customer unhelpful ‘service’ - and they won’t do a thing. We JUST got the notification - contacted them right away and they won’t cancel the duplicate. There are a number of MCT oils out there a whole lot less expensive - my advice? GO ELSEWHERE - they won’t help if there is an issue.
Bulletproof Coffee Company Information
- Company Name:
- Bulletproof Coffee
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.