4.2/5 (86 ratings)

About Audicus

Audicus has four hearing aid models in a variety of price ranges. By selling directly to consumers, Audicus eliminates the need for a middleman. This lets it cut costs by as much as 70%. Audicus also offers a monthly membership program to help offset the initial cost of buying a hearing aid, allowing you to rent your hearing aids at a low monthly price instead of buying them outright. The company also has in-person clinic options in select U.S. locations.

Pros

• Relatively affordable
  • 45-day money-back trial
  • Membership option
  • FDA-approved devices

Cons

• Profound hearing loss options only in stores
  • Must send away for repairs

Bottom Line

Audicus is an affordable option for hearing aids. It also has a trial that lets you test out your hearing aid and a membership option for those who can’t pay upfront. Just be sure to find the right model for your needs.

Audicus Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audicus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audicus?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Enjoyed ordering with Molly, and Jake has been excellent with following up They were both able to answer my questions about the Audicus Clara aids. That is not usually the case when talking to salespeople, who appear to have a very limited amount of product knowledge. That was not the case with Audicus staff.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

The rep, Chris, has always been available every time I call. Either he will answer or someone else will, and they'll answer my question right away or go through troubleshooting. A couple times, I had some issues with the app and they resolved it right then and there, which is impressive. They also have a Care club and every few months, they send me batteries and the wax cleaners, so I didn't have to think about it. It was convenient for me.

I wore a different brand of hearing aids for a while, and I had more problems with them. Eventually, I had to give them back. When I got the Audicus hearing aids, I couldn't believe that I didn't have the feedback, the whistling and other types of tinnitus problems. They're also very cost-effective and they work. Before, I spent several thousands out-of-pocket, and it was ridiculous. This was very affordable, and it doesn't even compare. The quality is still the same, if not better.

I can't start my day without my Audicus hearing aids. I'll pick them up in the morning and put them by the computer. Even talking to my husband, I was like, “Hold on. Let me put my ears on.” I feel definitely more engaged because when I don't have them yet, I retreat because I can't hear anything. They have truly been a tremendous difference in my life and a big plus. Bluetooth being incorporated really helps with phone calls too.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I purchased a set of Audicus hearing aids, and I am impressed with the quality to cost ratio. Support from Audicus has been excellent. I have not had to contact them because they have checked in on me.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

For a while, I seemed to be having a problem with the left Audicus hearing aid. It would work intermittently. But lately, it seems to be working okay, and I'm not quite sure what to think of that. I've also had to call into Chris for three days and he hasn’t called me back yet. I want to get the Bluetooth set up, which I have not done yet. I tried it and I couldn't seem to make it work myself. I also would like to know what my payment plan is and how much and when to pay. But other than that, for the price and for the support systems, I would like to keep them. I'm pleased with Audicus. It seems to work and it's certainly a lot less money. For me, that was part of what I was looking for.

Audicus response

Hi Ann, thank you for taking the time to leave your 4-star review. We do apologize though for the issues you are experiencing. We want to make this right for you so a member of our support team will reach out to you ASAP.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Excellent Product. The quality and craftsmanship are top notch with an affordable price point compared to competitors. As good as the product is, the customer service is even better. From the hearing test to the continued follow-up have exemplifies the service being above and beyond any expectations.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

My experience with Audicus couldn’t have been better so far. If someone has not been there to answer my question when I call, my calls have always been returned promptly. My concerns or requests have all been handled with understanding and action. I would recommend Audicus to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

The guys I worked with, Bobby and Jordan, at the Lone Tree, CO location, have been nothing short of phenomenal. I am located out of state and was in need of hearing aids for my mom. My mom is a resident in an assisted living facility, and having no way to transport my mom to the Audicus facility. I was really stuck. Bobby said, "No problem, I will go to her and perform hearing tests and get her what she needs." Wow, above and beyond to me. He has made trips back to the facility to see how she is adapting and if anything further was needed. Great customer relationship is noteworthy these days.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

Audicus was advertised at Sam's Club. I was thinking I was dealing with Sam's but it turned out, no. They're just contractors. We were led to believe we could get a deal there. We didn't want to spend too little, but we didn't want to spend too much either. I negotiated a discount with them. They were offering $400 off but I felt their advertising was misleading enough and I raised a stink about it. They said they'd give me another $200 off. I told them I'm a veteran so the total discount was $600, which I very much appreciated. I like the way they handled themselves. I liked especially the fact that they were kind and open enough to negotiate with me on the price. We have insurance that's supposed to reimburse us for part of it. So, it cut the cost for us nearly in half.

The hearing aid is a good product that's in transition. It has yet to be perfected all the way around. I wanted Bluetooth and I got it. So far, I've been able to hear the TV well enough without having the Bluetooth plugged in. I wanted not to mess with batteries and I was able to get the rechargeable feature.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

My Audicus is my third generation of hearing aids. I investigated things for price, for size, for range of amelioration of hearing, and they seemed to fit well. I went to another company before this and the hearing aid just did not measure up. The size of the Audicus hearing aids is perfect. It was the same size as a pair of $7,500 hearing aids. The size was very important to me and the ease of use, setting up. I also see no difference between this one and the high-priced brand that I was using. Their website was also very good. Over the phone, they were able to give me enough information on the specific size. Just the information, personally, to me, was very useful.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

The reps called me and asked me if I was satisfied or having any difficulties. I like the ability to hear better by having my Audicus hearing aid.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

One of my aids stopped functioning. I was happy with the repair. To repair the nonfunctioning aid, I was told to send the functioning aid with it. I was not happy with the length of time the repair took. Thus, I was not happy with the length of time I had trouble hearing. I think that when the repair is not operator error, as was the case here, Audicus should pay for the cost of sending the repair to Audicus and the return by air.

Audicus response

Hi Howard, thank you for taking the time to leave a rating and share your experience. We are sorry you had issues with your hearing aids but are glad everything is now resolved. Unfortunately, it seems when the repairs were completed, your hearing aids were out of the trial period and we can only cover shipping for repairs done during our 45-day risk free trial.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I tried the monthly rental plan with the Wave hearing aids for almost a year. The hearing aids worked well and I could finally understand my wife when she spoke. Audicus sent the hearing aid supplies automatically and if I need extras, they sent them. No questions asked. Recently I decided to purchase the Clara aids since I have no need of bluetooth and they are similar in quality and reasonably priced. A friend of mine spent $7000 on hearing aids with all the add ons and I think mine work fine for a quarter of the cost. I returned the Wave aids and am now using the Claras and quite happy with them. The customer service is excellent and I would recommend Audicus.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Very good customer service. Geared everything to my personal needs, followed up with me once I received my hearing aids. Love my Wave and the fact that I get my maintenance supplies automatically. It helps me remember and not lose track of time.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I had a hearing aid and it broke and I was gonna have to buy another one. I wasn't happy with the one that I had and Audicus contacted me about a hearing aid, so I thought I would try it. It's better than the one I got from Beltone. I'm happy with Audicus. I like the sound amplification. It's a pretty simple hearing aid, but it amplifies the sound a lot more than the Beltone one did.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I’ve used Audicus hearing aids for a few years and now it was time for a new pair. It was such a simple process. I just got my hearing test, sent it in and five days later I had my new hearing aids. It’s a whole new world. Thank you Audicus.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

Different things that I complained during my trial period, that were never fixed. Like connecting to my cell Bluetooth only if I was close and the device was in its box being charge. Device always falls off my ears. Among others Carlos.

Audicus response

Hi Carlos, we sincerely apologize for your experience so far. Someone from our team will reach out to you ASAP to make things right.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I saw that Audicus had a good rating. So, I decided to give them a try. I tried the hearing aids that go into your ear, and they did not feel that good. So, I decided to try the one that I purchased from Audicus to see how it worked. I purchased it online and the experience went well. The hearing aid seems to be working well. It fits well and it seems to improve my hearing. I had used it and it doesn't seem to bother my ear. After a period of time, it seems like I forget it's even there. So, it's working out real well.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Happy with service overall. However, I was disappointed to learn recently that I could have gotten the same thing at my local Costco for 1/2 the price. Rechargeable, Bluetooth, remote programming for $1400 CND for a pair. I recently paid Audicus $2900 CND for their top of the line Behind the ear units.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

It was nice to have Jake keeping me company answering all my questions along the way. The only thing that I am not happy with, is that I went to the store in Denver (Great guy there. Very knowledgeable and helpful) but he got the tail that helps piece stay in place. Therefore next day I called Jake for help and he kindly told me he would send the tails but before they got here my two HA fell down and I lost them. It cost me $$ to get a replacement. Was this 100% my fault? Why did I had to pay like I did? Carlos

Audicus response

Thank you for leaving a 5 star review, we are so glad you enjoyed your experience at the Audicus Clinic. We are sorry to hear that your hearing aids were lost so soon after the appointment, but we are glad we were able to help you find a quick solution to help you replace them!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I used other brands of hearing aids before and they didn't do what I expected them to do. If I lost a hearing aid, it would cost me several thousand dollars to replace it. Audicus is the third brand of hearing aids I've had and they work as good, if not a little better, as any I've had. They also have an insurance program that covers loss. I like that they are rechargeable too. Don't waste your money on Miracle-Ear. They cost more than any of the others and they don't do as much. I was very disappointed with them. I get just as good of hearing out of Audicus for a third of the price. If you get enough hearing that it improves your hearing a good bit, you're doing well.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Good communication with the selling agent and the the support staff on how to use my hearing aids properly. Received the product very quickly and promptly. The hearing aids work perfectly however they are slightly larger than my previous pair from Audicus.

Hi Gabriel,

We're glad to hear you've had a good experience with our sales and support teams, along with a prompt delivery of your devices. In terms of the size of your hearing aids, you may be noticing a difference in the size of a rechargeable device vs. one that comes with standard batteries - the rechargeable hearing aids are just slightly larger! If you continue to be bothered by the new device size, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team at help@audicus.com.

Resolution response: Nov. 24, 2021

One morning I put my "ears" in and the left one wasn't working. I immediately called customer service and they fixed it over the phone right then and there. Fantastic!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I haven't needed to order anything recently because the care team takes care of everything. I would heartedly recommend Audicus to anyone needing hearing aids. The care and support I've received from first trying to decide what company to use for my first pair to now over 6 months later has been great.

Hi Candyce,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review! We're glad to hear that you've been receiving all the care and support you need for your new devices. If you ever have any questions or need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I liked the fact that Audicus has German technology with a Swiss ownership. I had a very good experience throughout the entire process with the salesperson, Tiffany, and the audiologist, Chris. They passed all of my various concerns and tests that I had come up with in terms of the scenarios I wanted to make sure they were helpful in. And I shared that all with Tiffany and with Chris. They've been very good about making themselves available for me. I had four or five specifically different types of scenarios that we had talked about. Every one of the hearing aids came out great. I use them every day and I enjoy wearing them.

It took four days to get used to them, because at first, there was a bit of itching once in a while. And the scenarios that I had were different from television with my wife and riding in the car and general conversation and meeting with people, and amplified music during a live rehearsal of amplified music. How would they react? And I didn't know if they would feedback. I didn't know if it would be better or if I would notice it. But the clarity is good.

Hi Charles,

We're so pleased to hear that your hearing aids have been working well in all the scenarios you described. If you ever come across any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to help@audicus.com. We hope you continue to enjoy wearing your devices!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I ordered the wave due to its Bluetooth connectivity and overall rating. The problem is the size. The hearing aid sits high over my ear. I'm a police officer and I need for it to be a snug fit. I've talk with a representative. She sent out a longer wire and suggested that I switch domes. It's a little better but with my glasses on I still have the ride over that arm of my glasses.

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for leaving this review. We're sorry to hear that you're still experiencing difficulties with the fit of your devices. A member of our team will be in touch to ensure that they are as comfortable as possible for you.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I ordered the Audicus Wave hearing aids for both ears. I have been exceptionally pleased with my experience thus far. The Audicus Rep. checks in periodically to see if I need anything and orders are processed timely. I love the ability to "try them out" before purchasing. The leasing option works for me as I acclimate to wearing hear aids. I am sure I will eventually purchase my hearing aids but I like the fact that there is no long term commitment and I have time to see if there are features I prefer before committing to the purchase. I highly recommend Audicus. Their products are top notch, the service is amazing and I will stick with them for my hearing needs.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I was extremely pleased with the quick service that I received within a few days, considering the distance from Colorado to N.Y. and back. Was very pleased with my new hearing aids, plus the servicing for my older ones.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I really like the Wave hearing aids, they sound great. The staff at Audicus has contacted me since I received them to make sure they are working properly, and they do. Easy Bluetooth setup and really enjoy that feature. Thank you Audicus. You hit a home run with these and can’t wait to see the next generation of devices you offer.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I'm going to say that purchasing my new hearing aids was a very good experience. My tinnitus is greatly reduced, problems w loud environments gone, don't have to be looking you square in the eyes to hear and understand anymore. My salesperson and tech person are very knowledgeable. All questions answered and when aids arrived they work as described. I have and will recommend them to others in need.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Overall, Audicus is really an incredible company. They strive to help their clients achieve the best hearing possible. I have profound hearing loss so I'm awaiting cochlear implant surgery right now. I'm really grateful for all their help.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

I have been wanting to upgrade my hearing aids but I wasn't ready to go spend $5,000. I was taken by Audicus' promotion and advertising. The more I looked into it and checked their status, I become aware that they are a decent product. I'm pleased with the quality of the hearing aids I got and I'm hearing things that I haven't heard for a long time. It's clearer too. That was what I was after because there were certain levels of my wife's voice that weren't there. She would say something and I would hear parts of it. Sometimes it's not enough to really identify what she is saying. We made adjustments to my hearing aids and now they are able to capture those parts, which is much better.

I had a couple of issues that I was disappointed with but they were solved almost immediately. The hearing aids are a lot of money and I wonder if they should even be having those issues. I had an issue last week. In the morning, I took the hearing aids out of the charger and one of them didn't come on. I called Audicus and spoke with a very pleasant person. She was on top of her game and said they would take care of my hearing aids. She walked me through the procedures. One was a 20-second procedure while the other was a 30-second one. After that, the hearing aids were working. That was great but it would have been nice if the problem did not even happen.

Another thing was I went on my phone and the app was able to identify with our church's up-to-date modern system, but my hearing aids were dead before the day was over. I sapped the battery on it. Yesterday, I didn't bother to turn that feature on and I could hear fine. The frustration of the dead battery was more concerning than missing a little something in the church.

Audicus Company Information