4.4/5 (102 ratings)

About Audicus

Audicus has five hearing aid models in a variety of price ranges. By selling directly to consumers, Audicus eliminates the need for a middleman. This lets it cut costs by as much as 70%. Audicus also offers a monthly membership program to help offset the initial cost of buying a hearing aid, allowing you to rent your hearing aids at a low monthly price instead of buying them outright. The company also has in-person clinic options in select U.S. locations.

Pros

• Relatively affordable
  • 45-day money-back trial
  • Membership option
  • FDA-approved devices

Cons

• Profound hearing loss options only in stores
  • Must send away for repairs

Bottom Line

Audicus is an affordable option for hearing aids. It also has a trial that lets you test out your hearing aid and a membership option for those who can’t pay upfront. Just be sure to find the right model for your needs.

Audicus Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audicus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audicus?

Original review: April 26, 2022

I called Audicus and it was a pleasant experience because they picked up after one ring. The party at the end of the phone was a listener and informative so, they immediately created good vibes. I originally went through a procedure where my insurance company said who the audiologist I had to use if I want to access their subsidies. The guy spent about 10 minutes with me and told me to write them a check for 3,500 bucks. I asked if that was in addition to the insurance company paying $3,000 and he said yes. I asked if the hearing aids costs $6,500 and he didn't like that, because I was doing the math.

I started getting into the hearing aid business and calling around, and it's not unusual to have complicity. Apparently, what happens is that this particular audiology company paid Blue Cross maybe a million bucks to be the exclusive provider. Then, Blue Cross comes up with the $3,000 for the hearing aids and then, they soak a person for the other 3,500 bucks. Audicus is entirely different. It’s an interesting situation because apparently, the founder or the guy who put it together ran into the same situation I did. He went in and he thought it was a bunch of crap so, he created this system on the internet.

Audicus has an audiologist and they do everything by telephone and the price for quality hearing aids was 2,400 bucks. I like their style of doing business. These hearing aids worked though there are some adjustments that can be done. They do the adjustments through the internet and through the iPhone app. So they're tech savvy and have good follow up. I was very impressed with the marketing guy because he wasn't a salesman. He listened and tried to understand what the situation was plus he seemed to know something about what was going on with regard to hearing loss.

I was having trouble hearing women who had higher pitch voices and also children. So, I had difficulty hearing my grandkids, because they have a higher pitched voice. I don't have any problem with a man as well as driving along and hearing stuff in the road. So these things have to be tailored to the person's individual hearing profile that is determined by hearing tests. And you can see the lines for normal hearing, my hearing, and where I’m deficient. So Audicus is good about educating people.

Audicus response

Hi David, we are so glad you had a great experience with our team! We are glad to have found a solution that works for you.

Original review: April 25, 2022

The representative walked me through some things that I could experience and how to get the testing done. He gave me a price on three of them and I was going to check around, but the cost was incredibly low compared to what I would be getting if I went to a regular hearing aid doctor, which was what made me decide to go with Audicus. And I love them. I was pleased with the next day service. When I first started wearing the hearing aids, it was rather annoying to hear everything. It’s been maybe two months and I still hear that, but it’s not as abrupt. I wear them all day, as much as I possibly can. There was one day that I didn’t get dressed and didn’t do anything so I forgot about them until evening. But I like them.

Original review: April 24, 2022

I appreciate the way I've been treated by Audicus. Sean was helpful to me during the pre-sales piece of it. John has been very responsive, professional and helpful. And I have nothing but good to say about Audicus as a company that relates to people. I love the Clara hearing aids that I have. I got more than my money's worth.

I'm doing wonderfully with my hearing aids. I particularly enjoy and appreciate being able to be in a conversation with my wife. Previously, I've missed much of what she said and we had to postpone attempting to communicate until we had ideal circumstances, like face-to-face in a quiet place, then I could understand her. But in a noisy place or in the car, I was not able to understand her. These hearing aids have made all the difference in the world. Also, I hear birds that I formerly couldn't hear at all. The hearing aids are very comfortable to wear. Initially, the little short pieces of what look like fishing line tended to stick straight out of my ears. I found that over time, they adopt the appropriate shape and I have no difficulty at all with inserting them and keeping them in place. The hearing aids do exactly what I had hoped for.

Audicus response

Hi Jim, we are so happy that you love your Clara hearing aids! Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

Original review: April 23, 2022

My brother purchased hearing aids from Audicus and he advised me to do the same thing, which I did. I knew what I wanted compared to what he had. So, finding the style was very easy. I couldn't hear even a keypad on a door and since I’ve had the hearing aids, I can hear all of them. You can hear the birds and all that stuff that’s missing. We’ve got a driveway alarm that goes off if somebody comes up the driveway and I could never hear that or rarely hear that. Now, I can hear it plain as day. I went with the Spirit because I wanted to be able to have the smartphone capability. I do not have Bluetooth but it’s there if I decide to have it. I like the idea of being able to go on my phone instead of reaching up there and trying to adjust them up and down. I’d buy the same hearing aid over again right now.

Audicus response

Hi Tom, thank you for taking the time to leave your review! We are glad you are loving your hearing aids.

Original review: April 15, 2022

They've been very nice over the phone. I can hear better with the hearing aids. But it doesn't fit right. It won't go in but halfway. I talked to Marianne this morning on Zoom, and she's gonna send me something by mail that she thought would work better for me. It's a little clip on to my collar.

Audicus response

Hi Betty, thank you very much for taking the time to leave a 5-star rating! We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with the fit though. A Hearing Specialist will reach out to assist you.

Original review: April 14, 2022

The service was excellent. I got the Spirit hearing aids 'cause they're remotely adjustable. The features are perfect.

Original review: April 12, 2022

From the very start the people that introduced me to Audicus to the follow-up helper, Yvonne, were the best of any company I have had dealings with. I moved to Panamá in December and have stopped using my devices because I don’t need them. But I will be using them when I return to Cape Cod, probably, in June.

Original review: April 11, 2022

I have worn hearing aids for twenty-plus years. I damaged my hearing from being a musician and working in the music industry for two decades. I have done the in-person audiologist thing. Out of four "professionals" only one audiologist was helpful. Most were young women, recently graduated from college who were part of the corporate machine to crank out the patients. When you can't hear well, you realize how much you are missing out of conversations, and the ability to interact. At one point I had insurance that would cover $1200 every three years. Sounds great except that the aids would be close to $5k, and you realize it was no benefit at all.

When I found Audicus, I was at first skeptical about their methods and products. But the more I read, the more convinced that they were in fact trying to help, trying to provide hearing for those of us who needed help. So, I took the plunge two years ago with their subscription program. The Wave aid was very nice and helped me hear again, as at that point I was using the Costco aid. In March I moved up to the Spirit which is rechargeable, remotely programmable, and has an EQ on the phone app. After a month of constant use, I can say these are superior aids, that have all of the features I wanted/needed.

Original review: April 11, 2022

Gave them as a present to my granddaughter birthday this past Friday. After letting it charge she went to put them on and they didn’t fit in her ear. She just turned 14. I have to now get her something else. Can I get a refund? So should I??? What with them???

Audicus response

Hi Stephany, all our hearing aids are custom programmed to an individual and therefore won't be suitable for another person to use. One of our hearing specialists will reach out to discuss with you in more detail.

Original review: March 25, 2022

My Audicus hearing aids are fine. I had hearing aids that were not Audicus before, and they seem comparable and I paid twice the money. I'm quite happy with Audicus. They're very good to deal with and they have a good product. Everything including the brochures and packaging is very well done. They are very prompt as far as people wanting to help out. I really appreciate the company and that's hard to get compliments out of me 'cause I'm very picky.

Original review: March 18, 2022

A friend of mine recommended Audicus. He went through them and he said that it's a hell of a product and the service is incredible. I did some checking, and I found out that their products are the same as other products for less money. I’m thrilled. I spoke to the Audicus people numerous times. They're tremendously service-oriented.

My hearing aids work. I put them on, and I forget that they’re on. They're very comfortable. I went to sleep one night and I forgot to take them out. On DISH, when you press the up or down button for volume, they give you a number while it goes up. My wife and I were listening to the news and I was running it at about a 26. She kept saying, “Please turn it down. It’s too loud.” Then I got my Audicus hearing aids and I noticed that I was doing it at 9. It was an incredible improvement. I would recommend Audicus to anybody. Their service is fabulous.

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review! We're so happy to hear that you've enjoyed our team's customer service. If you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to reach back out.

Original review: March 14, 2022

I have been partially deaf my whole life and always having to have people repeat themselves and never heard crickets and some birds someone brought it to my attention so I decided to check my hearing and sure enough I was partially deaf. Customer service was caring and well knowledgeable and the hearing aids are great. No more making people repeat and I heard crickets for the first time ever as well as other sounds that I've never heard and it's all so crisp and clean.

Original review: March 10, 2022

I got the outer ear hearing aids, but I just sent mine back in because we have to wear masks and helmets for my job and it was conflicting with that. Plus, the clarity could be a little better. I definitely noticed my TV volume was lower, and my wife, dealing with me for as long as she has and having the hearing loss, definitely could talk not quite as loud. It was just the conversations. We have electronic hearing protection at work that amplifies stuff, and it reminded me of that. You could definitely hear things better. It just wasn't any clearer. I still have some issues with knowing exactly what people are saying.

The hearing aids are a good tool, and at some point down the road, I'll get some inner ear ones. I talked to Audicus, but they didn't make an inner ear one that would work for the type of hearing loss that I have. My stuff's all high pitch and I have moderate to severe hearing loss. They said that the stuff inside the ear is typically for not quite as dramatic hearing loss.

Audicus response

Hi John, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a 5-star review! We're glad the hearing aids were helpful in some regards. We are very sorry that you were having issues with clarity though. It seems you have returned your aids now, but in the future, if you need anything please reach out. Our audiologist can help you find a hearing aid that works for you, both in terms of comfort while at work and clarity.

Original review: March 10, 2022

The thing we love is speaking candidly and confidently to Audicus representatives who truly seem to care and to listen and who are also knowledgeable. Not only do their staff people like Sean and Gianni do follow up and have authenticity, but also Audicus has employees with longevity and competency which adds value to their company. We like their hearing aids very much; sadly, we had to reorder a newer pair for my husband because he lost one of the older ones.

Original review: March 9, 2022

Audicus does it all. From testing your hearing to offering a full line of hearing aids and great post sales support. I purchase a new set of hearing aids from Audicus after I lost one of my 10 year old Audicus set and the remaining one I destroyed inadvertantly. My new waves are head and shoulders above the level of the older ones. The new WAVE aids were delivered programmed for my hearing profile based on the online test. They are fantastic and have stored my hearing to normalcy by my judgement. And after Gina, my Audicus Support person help me find the right dome for my ears, they are so comfortable, I don't even know that I am wearing them.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I went online to do the hearing test and there, I ended up getting a phone call from an Audicus sales rep. I placed my order roughly a week ago on a Friday, I got it on a Saturday, and I've been wearing them ever since. With only roughly seven days using it, it's very good. I downloaded the app to adjust the volume on each of the hearing aids. The one thing I don't like about the app is that if I move it over to a single icon and only adjust one of the two, it will move them down in the current position that I have them set, just at a lower level, keying in on the lowest level versus the highest level.

But now, I get to turn the TV down from a 19 to an 8 and that makes my wife ask me to turn up the volume so she can hear. So, my hearing’s improved. Although, the one thing that I've noticed, I pick up a lot of extra noises that I don't think would be normal in normal hearing. I can hear my dogs walking and their toenails clicking, indicating they need to be trimmed. Under normal circumstances, I don't think I would hear that. I also hear noises when I'm turning the page in a book or my wife is turning the page in a book. I think I just haven't gotten the system tuned properly to my ears.

Audicus response

Hi Ben, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a 5-star rating and share your experience. We are so glad you love your new hearing aids. We want to make sure everything is perfect for you though, so a Hearing Specialist will reach out ASAP to help with any necessary adjustments.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I was pleased with customer service and the way they paid attention to what I was saying and asking, and they answered all my questions. They were very quick to get the hearing aids to me too. It was very good customer service. Unfortunately, for the money, at this time, the Audicus didn't help that much to improve my hearing. It’s a lot of money, and I'd like to have strong results when I spend that.

Audicus response

Hi Jim, thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. We apologize that you aren't fully satisfied with your hearing aids and want to make this right. A Hearing Specialist will reach out to you about improving your hearing experience.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

As I live in South Africa I have to use a shipping agent to forward the Audicus deliveries. When the goods enter South Africa they require an invoice. I have to request one each month which is always supplied promptly. It would be helpful if an invoice was generated automatically with each shipment and emailed to me, however they are always efficient in providing me with the required document.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I lost my hearing aids while with my doctor and they were never to be found. We called Audicus immediately because it can be very difficult to hear much of anything without them. Audicus and their great people sent out new ones within a day or two and because we are members the cost was much less than we had imagined.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I have been happy with the Audicus product and online service with absolutely zero hassles or problems. Every morning the product has performed flawlessly. There wasn't even any adjustment once I received the units since the online test was apparently so accurate.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Updated on 4/19/2022: As of right now I'm very satisfied with my Spirit aids. Still getting used to them. Way better than my old Audicus aids. Don't really care for this type of wax guards but with time I will adapt to them.

Original review: Both could have been set up better. Left ear have to turn down. Right ear has to be turned up. With my hearing loss they needed to set lower so that I can raise volume but that being said they still need to be where I can hear better. Had them about a year now. Can't wait to take another test and new ones.

Audicus response

Hi Lloyd, we would be more than happy to assist you with an adjustment. We always want to make sure your hearing aids are absolutely perfect. One of our Hearing Specialists will reach out shortly.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Updated on 04/12/2022: I experienced my Audicus Aura’s falling out occasionally. Audicus suggested I try a different size dome. I did and it has seemed to work better, but they still move and need to be pushed back in to work properly. Hearing aids fitted to your ear canal don’t do this and stay put. My Audicus Auras work pretty well but I still miss a lot and constantly have to ask unaffected people what was said.

Original Review: I called asking if there was a larger dome to prevent the Aura from popping out. I was instructed to send in pictures of how far into my ear the Aura was which I felt was unreasonable. I was probably going to be told that I hadn’t inserted the Aura far enough into the canal. It can be jammed in a little further but I was experiencing the dome separating from the Aura and sometimes it’s almost impossible to find or remove it, which is scary.

Audicus response

Hi Greg, we would be more than happy to help you with finding the right domes to help your Aura fit perfectly. We understand if sending in a picture isn't something you want to do. We can still help you find a solution. One of our Hearing Specialists will reach out to assist you.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Enjoyed ordering with Molly, and Jake has been excellent with following up They were both able to answer my questions about the Audicus Clara aids. That is not usually the case when talking to salespeople, who appear to have a very limited amount of product knowledge. That was not the case with Audicus staff.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

The rep, Chris, has always been available every time I call. Either he will answer or someone else will, and they'll answer my question right away or go through troubleshooting. A couple times, I had some issues with the app and they resolved it right then and there, which is impressive. They also have a Care club and every few months, they send me batteries and the wax cleaners, so I didn't have to think about it. It was convenient for me.

I wore a different brand of hearing aids for a while, and I had more problems with them. Eventually, I had to give them back. When I got the Audicus hearing aids, I couldn't believe that I didn't have the feedback, the whistling and other types of tinnitus problems. They're also very cost-effective and they work. Before, I spent several thousands out-of-pocket, and it was ridiculous. This was very affordable, and it doesn't even compare. The quality is still the same, if not better.

I can't start my day without my Audicus hearing aids. I'll pick them up in the morning and put them by the computer. Even talking to my husband, I was like, “Hold on. Let me put my ears on.” I feel definitely more engaged because when I don't have them yet, I retreat because I can't hear anything. They have truly been a tremendous difference in my life and a big plus. Bluetooth being incorporated really helps with phone calls too.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

I purchased a set of Audicus hearing aids, and I am impressed with the quality to cost ratio. Support from Audicus has been excellent. I have not had to contact them because they have checked in on me.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

For a while, I seemed to be having a problem with the left Audicus hearing aid. It would work intermittently. But lately, it seems to be working okay, and I'm not quite sure what to think of that. I've also had to call into Chris for three days and he hasn’t called me back yet. I want to get the Bluetooth set up, which I have not done yet. I tried it and I couldn't seem to make it work myself. I also would like to know what my payment plan is and how much and when to pay. But other than that, for the price and for the support systems, I would like to keep them. I'm pleased with Audicus. It seems to work and it's certainly a lot less money. For me, that was part of what I was looking for.

Audicus response

Hi Ann, thank you for taking the time to leave your 4-star review. We do apologize though for the issues you are experiencing. We want to make this right for you so a member of our support team will reach out to you ASAP.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Excellent Product. The quality and craftsmanship are top notch with an affordable price point compared to competitors. As good as the product is, the customer service is even better. From the hearing test to the continued follow-up have exemplifies the service being above and beyond any expectations.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

My experience with Audicus couldn’t have been better so far. If someone has not been there to answer my question when I call, my calls have always been returned promptly. My concerns or requests have all been handled with understanding and action. I would recommend Audicus to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

The guys I worked with, Bobby and Jordan, at the Lone Tree, CO location, have been nothing short of phenomenal. I am located out of state and was in need of hearing aids for my mom. My mom is a resident in an assisted living facility, and having no way to transport my mom to the Audicus facility. I was really stuck. Bobby said, "No problem, I will go to her and perform hearing tests and get her what she needs." Wow, above and beyond to me. He has made trips back to the facility to see how she is adapting and if anything further was needed. Great customer relationship is noteworthy these days.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

Audicus was advertised at Sam's Club. I was thinking I was dealing with Sam's but it turned out, no. They're just contractors. We were led to believe we could get a deal there. We didn't want to spend too little, but we didn't want to spend too much either. I negotiated a discount with them. They were offering $400 off but I felt their advertising was misleading enough and I raised a stink about it. They said they'd give me another $200 off. I told them I'm a veteran so the total discount was $600, which I very much appreciated. I like the way they handled themselves. I liked especially the fact that they were kind and open enough to negotiate with me on the price. We have insurance that's supposed to reimburse us for part of it. So, it cut the cost for us nearly in half.

The hearing aid is a good product that's in transition. It has yet to be perfected all the way around. I wanted Bluetooth and I got it. So far, I've been able to hear the TV well enough without having the Bluetooth plugged in. I wanted not to mess with batteries and I was able to get the rechargeable feature.

Audicus Company Information