4.2/5 (86 ratings)

About Audicus

Audicus has four hearing aid models in a variety of price ranges. By selling directly to consumers, Audicus eliminates the need for a middleman. This lets it cut costs by as much as 70%. Audicus also offers a monthly membership program to help offset the initial cost of buying a hearing aid, allowing you to rent your hearing aids at a low monthly price instead of buying them outright. The company also has in-person clinic options in select U.S. locations.

Pros

• Relatively affordable
  • 45-day money-back trial
  • Membership option
  • FDA-approved devices

Cons

• Profound hearing loss options only in stores
  • Must send away for repairs

Bottom Line

Audicus is an affordable option for hearing aids. It also has a trial that lets you test out your hearing aid and a membership option for those who can’t pay upfront. Just be sure to find the right model for your needs.

Audicus Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audicus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audicus?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

This is third time I have had a problem, the second time I have had to send back. Now I find out they have to go back to the factory and that will take 7 to 10 days. I have ordered a pair of Lively hearing aids and will be cancelling my contract with you all.

Audicus response

Hi Gary, we are very sorry to hear that your hearing aids have required multiple services. Our team is working on getting them back to you as soon as possible.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Audicus repaired my left aid. Now, my right aid does not work. I have cleaned it thoroughly, replacing the filter and affixing a new dome. It still doesn't work. Almost a week ago, I reported this to Audicus. I need an order number to send the aid to Audicus for repair. Days have passed without my being advised of the order number. That means days when I can't use my aid. Of course, at the same time, I am continuing to pay for my membership without the benefit of the use of one aid. This is very disruptive and has forced me to look for replacements for my Audicus aids. The company apparently is so successful that it doesn't care. The promises made to me to induce me to get my Audicus hearing aids turned out to be false.

Audicus response

Hi Howard, we are very sorry for your frustration. I've checked our records however and I do see that a Hearing Specialist reached out to you within 24 hours of you contacting us. If you did not receive this email, please let me know by emailing help@audicus.com. A Hearing Specialist will also reach out again today by phone to make sure you have the order number and everything you need.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Absolutely love my hearing aid. It has given me so much more confidence and Audicus has been absolutely wonderful with fitting me what I need and they have also sent me my consumables on time and are there when I need them.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

This is the second hearing aid I have lost and the process and cost of replacing it is simple and affordable. Being on the monthly payment plan that covers the cost of the hearing aids and all supplies makes my life easier and my budget happier.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

Overall good experience with the hearing aids and the club program I am enrolled in. When I have spoken to Customer Service team they have been professional. One draw back would be since I am active outdoors would like to see waterproof option made available for hearing aids.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Audicus is a good company. I like them. All my questions were answered. It was a good experience. For what I received and what a difference it’s made for my hearing, the quality of the hearing aids is exceptional.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I had old Audicus hearing aids. I got a new hearing test and with my new Audicus, my hearing changed. The old ones weren't doing very well, but they're doing just dandy. I'm hearing fine now. I also love their team. They follow up on everything.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

The hearing aid is not working out for me. I wanted to hear human voice in my left ear. I did not hear. All other sounds were magnified. Could not use a normal landline phone. The CSA suggested to hold the phone over the hearing aid. No. Not practical. My personal CSA called sometimes to find out how I was doing. That was nice. To much whistling noise. Still trying out different domes. Also, I could hear my breathing. I did not know that it was that loud.

Audicus response

Hi Amit, we're sorry to hear that the hearing aid is not working as well as you had hoped. We want to make this right. A Hearing Specialist will reach out to help troubleshoot ASAP.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

This is my second pair of hearing aids. This is a great company with exceptional service. They follow up with your personal customer service rep who is there to help guide through your set up, even though the hearing aids are ready to go right out of the box. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

I'm on my second set of hearing aids from Audicus. My new one, I've only had for a few days. So far, I love it. The ones I had before were fine. But I did not like the Bluetooth as much as I thought I would and I was using the Bluetooth device less and less. The new ones are more basic and they seem to be working great. However, it was a little bit stressful when I got these new hearing aids because I was afraid they were going to arrive while I was gone and sit on my porch for a week. But everything was great. Everybody was also very professional, helpful, kind and friendly. I've been happy with everything.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I have had Miracle-Ear and I wasn't happy with them. They irritated my ears, so I wasn't wearing them all the time. I tried the new Miracle-Ear on a trial basis and they were so expensive. I didn't feel it was worth $7,000 for me to get those hearing aids. Audicus was half that price. But Audicus is the same caliber of hearing aid as the Miracle-Ear that I have been wearing and the new ones they have that have circuit inside of them instead of replaceable batteries. I returned the Miracle-Ear one and I was looking for something less expensive and this seemed to be it. The complication is that I have to do all my own cleaning. I'm getting a little bit worried that I'm not going to be able to do that. I have to look up the instructions and how to do that.

However, the Audicus hearing aids are very irritating to my ear and they make me really edgy. I'm always fooling around with them because they're starting to slide out. When they slide out, the hearing is diminished. The sound quality is better, but I can't seem to tolerate them in my ears. They sent me some additional caps for the hearing aid receiver. I've tried a couple of them and I still keep having trouble with them sliding out of my ear after a while. I was going to try another one before I make my final decision.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

My Audicus hearing aids cost more than they should. I had thought of returning them, but at the same time, I didn't want to go through the hassle of returning them. The quality isn't there for the cost. I have now discovered that there were other options and I probably should have made those options before I did this one.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

Kevin sent me some earbuds and I took the hearing test at home and submitted it. Audicus said that they sent me hearing aids that were geared for the results of my hearing test. Hearing aids that didn't require Bluetooth capabilities, the price, and the follow-through were part of my decision. I've been wearing the hearing aids and they've been effective. I didn't realize my kitchen clock had a ticking sound until now. And I've talked with John and he has been helpful too. I appreciate it. I live in a retirement community. I go downstairs to the dining room, sit at a table with others and we have a conversation, and that helps.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

The monthly rate is very expensive for the device I'm using. Adds up annually to over $2300 per year. There's no way these hearing aids cost that much!! And quality of the device isn't anything special. Connecting with Bluetooth is terrible. Sound quality is mediocre at best and connecting to devices can be troublesome.

Hearing aids pick up a ton of wind noise and when using with Bluetooth, I can only explain the terrible sound quality as the music playing via Bluetooth continually clips, causing the music to come and go... really annoying so I never use the Bluetooth feature. Once I get home from overseas, I will be trying different devices hoping that sound quality and Bluetooth functions will be much improved with competitive devices.

Audicus response

Hi Matthew, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your hearing aid. We want to make sure you are getting the best experience possible with your hearing aids so a Hearing Specialist will reach out to help troubleshoot.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

Units work very well with cell phone. Have to be careful not to lose units when removing face masks. Lost my right one doing so. After replacement payment made, received new unit in a week. Same when sending back units for defects. I received them back exactly 1 week later.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

I called (917) 999-0705 Friday morning around 9 am. There was no answer and no answering machine. After trying that number a second time and getting the same result, I called (855) 971-0451 and after waiting 5 minutes I pressed * as instructed to get a call back. Around noon after getting no call back, I tried that number again and got a machine that took a message. I don't believe you are that busy. I think you are just sloppy. When I finally got to talk to a CS rep she was helpful.

Audicus response

Hi Dennis, we sincerely apologize for the trouble reaching us. We do everything we can to answer every single call and are always looking to improve. We are glad you were able to get the help you needed from a Hearing Specialist.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

From the time I tried 3 times to submit a good hearing test (my fault for not following directions) up to a few months ago when for the first time, my order had an issue, the staff at Audicus has been so friendly and helpful. Anytime I have have a question, they are always very prompt and courteous with getting me an answer.

Original review: July 20, 2022

The audiologist had the rep call me and retake the test, which was very honest of them. Instead of me having to buy a set of hearing aids, I only had to buy one. That was real stand-up of the company. I got the unit that sits behind my ear and the wire goes into my ear, and I love it. I can monitor it on my phone and I've also got all these options in the app, but I haven't had the need to try to do anything with it.

Original review: July 14, 2022

I’ve been hearing impaired for some time. First pair Resound, second Resound, third Octigon, forth the Wave. Well a week ago I received their new version Omni. I’m severely hearing impaired - Woohoo what a huge difference in improvement with communicating with my family most importantly my poor wife. Leigh Ann support super duper!! I thank you!

Original review: July 11, 2022

These hearing aids work well for me. I like that they don't seem as fragile as some I have tried. I had a good experience with the technician on my visit and I felt he had thorough knowledge of the hearing aids and recommended what I needed. They aRe comfortable and I sometimes forget I'm wearing them. The sound is clear and I am able to easily adjust them.

Original review: July 11, 2022

I previously had a set of Wave hearing aids from Audicus. I liked them very much but I was interested in getting a pair that could be adjusted remotely so I would not have to send them back for adjustments. When I saw the specifications for the Omni, I was very interested in them. When I learned in an email that the first 50 existing Audicus customers to order the Omni would get a $1000 discount, I immediately ordered them. They worked well from the beginning but after a few weeks, I recognize the need for some small adjustments to prevent a minor problem with feedback in one of the hearing aids and the other needing a minor high frequency boost. The adjustments were made remotely and both hearing aids now perform as well as I hoped. I have also been contacted by knowledgeable employees of the company to make sure that I was happy with my purchase.

Original review: July 9, 2022

When my Bluetooth streamer quit on my last pair of hearing aids, I started shopping for replacements. I came across Audicus and thought I'd give them a try with the month to month leasing. The quality of the hearing aid is good and it was programmed to my specific needs. The only drawback I've had is the Bluetooth doesn't work very well. Even when my phone is within a foot or two, the connection is very staticky and unusable. It also drains the batteries much quicker than my old hearing aids. If that can be upgraded/corrected, these can get a 5 star rating for sure.

Audicus response

Hi Phil, we are so pleased to hear your hearing aids are mostly working well for you, however, we want to make sure you are 100% satisfied and get those Bluetooth issues sorted. A Hearing Specialist from our team will reach out to troubleshoot with you.

Original review: July 6, 2022

I really love the hearing aid quite a bit. I still have to turn it almost all the way up but that is okay. I love the care packages that ya'll send every once in awhile. It is a really good hearing aid.

Original review: July 6, 2022

Very happy with my recent purchase of a Clara hearing aid. I also have an earlier Oro unit from Audicus, but my hearing has worsened (age 79) in the last three years, so I needed an upgrade. I took the online hearing test, which they compared with the older test on file, and adjusted the Clara programming accordingly. I plan to keep the older Oro as a backup, once Audicus updates the programming for me. The quality of their product and their service has been excellent.

Original review: July 6, 2022

My old hearing aids, also Audicus, were getting long in the tooth. When I saw the promotion on the latest aids I pulled the trigger. As always super satisfied with Audicus' service. Would use them a third time when these need to be replaced.

Original review: June 26, 2022

I called Audicus, talked to a salesperson, and purchased their hearing aids. It was a very pleasant experience. My hearing aids are excellent and I like them. I can play my recordings and answer my phone through them. I can tune the volume through my phone. High-frequency is tunable also.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I had hearing loss and when I was tested and saw the audiologist, they recommended Audicus. I went online to buy them because I already had my hearing results and I could just send them in. The website was very easy to work with. This is my first set of hearing aids but they seem very good. I got the Wave and it works very well. It goes in very well and once I got used to the different sound of it, I can hear much better. The hearing aids made conversation much easier. So many people in my family are soft-spoken and I can hear them talk. Audicus is a very good company and they have very good hearing aids. People should go that route.

Original review: June 11, 2022

They’ve been very attentive, asking lots of questions, and making themselves available when I have questions. I recently had a hearing test through my ENT and all I had to do was take a photograph of my audiogram, and they were able to set up the hearing aid. I got it within a week of ordering it and they’ve checked back with me several times to make sure it was working okay. When I told them I had a question about something, they got back in touch with me very quickly to help me out with it. So the customer service has been very good. The hearing aid seemed to be working very well. I’m hearing things I haven’t heard, even with my previous hearing aids and I’ve been wearing hearing aids for over 30 years now.

The hearing aid itself works very well. It's rechargeable, so the battery lasts a very long time. So far, I've had it last up to about 15 hours in a day. It's very sensitive. I hear all kinds of things. The nice thing is that it's got an app on the phone, so I can make adjustments to the hearing aid on my phone. If I have a real problem with the hearing aid, I can contact Audicus, and they can adjust it remotely if I need their help to do that. I'm very happy with it.

Original review: June 9, 2022

The service was good. The quality seems fine. They have a $100 referral thing, and I was a little disappointed that it was not available in Canada. So, it should be advertised as such. But that’s got nothing to do with the quality of the equipment. I’m satisfied with the quality of the hearing aids, and they’re working well. It certainly improved my quality of hearing.

Original review: June 7, 2022

Audicus has been wonderful. Any time I have a question or need something, I can reach out to them and they are there. They helped me to be able to afford hearing aids when I had decided I would never be able to.

Audicus Company Information