4.6/5 (104 ratings)

About Audicus

Audicus has five hearing aid models in a variety of price ranges. By selling directly to consumers, Audicus eliminates the need for a middleman. This lets it cut costs by as much as 70%. Audicus also offers a monthly membership program to help offset the initial cost of buying a hearing aid, allowing you to rent your hearing aids at a low monthly price instead of buying them outright. The company also has in-person clinic options in select U.S. locations.

Pros

• Relatively affordable
  • 45-day money-back trial
  • Membership option
  • FDA-approved devices

Cons

• Profound hearing loss options only in stores
  • Must send away for repairs

Bottom Line

Audicus is an affordable option for hearing aids. It also has a trial that lets you test out your hearing aid and a membership option for those who can’t pay upfront. Just be sure to find the right model for your needs.

Audicus Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audicus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Audicus?

Original review: July 11, 2022

These hearing aids work well for me. I like that they don't seem as fragile as some I have tried. I had a good experience with the technician on my visit and I felt he had thorough knowledge of the hearing aids and recommended what I needed. They aRe comfortable and I sometimes forget I'm wearing them. The sound is clear and I am able to easily adjust them.

Original review: July 11, 2022

I previously had a set of Wave hearing aids from Audicus. I liked them very much but I was interested in getting a pair that could be adjusted remotely so I would not have to send them back for adjustments. When I saw the specifications for the Omni, I was very interested in them. When I learned in an email that the first 50 existing Audicus customers to order the Omni would get a $1000 discount, I immediately ordered them. They worked well from the beginning but after a few weeks, I recognize the need for some small adjustments to prevent a minor problem with feedback in one of the hearing aids and the other needing a minor high frequency boost. The adjustments were made remotely and both hearing aids now perform as well as I hoped. I have also been contacted by knowledgeable employees of the company to make sure that I was happy with my purchase.

Original review: July 9, 2022

When my Bluetooth streamer quit on my last pair of hearing aids, I started shopping for replacements. I came across Audicus and thought I'd give them a try with the month to month leasing. The quality of the hearing aid is good and it was programmed to my specific needs. The only drawback I've had is the Bluetooth doesn't work very well. Even when my phone is within a foot or two, the connection is very staticky and unusable. It also drains the batteries much quicker than my old hearing aids. If that can be upgraded/corrected, these can get a 5 star rating for sure.

Audicus response

Hi Phil, we are so pleased to hear your hearing aids are mostly working well for you, however, we want to make sure you are 100% satisfied and get those Bluetooth issues sorted. A Hearing Specialist from our team will reach out to troubleshoot with you.

Original review: July 6, 2022

I really love the hearing aid quite a bit. I still have to turn it almost all the way up but that is okay. I love the care packages that ya'll send every once in awhile. It is a really good hearing aid.

Original review: July 6, 2022

Very happy with my recent purchase of a Clara hearing aid. I also have an earlier Oro unit from Audicus, but my hearing has worsened (age 79) in the last three years, so I needed an upgrade. I took the online hearing test, which they compared with the older test on file, and adjusted the Clara programming accordingly. I plan to keep the older Oro as a backup, once Audicus updates the programming for me. The quality of their product and their service has been excellent.

Original review: July 6, 2022

My old hearing aids, also Audicus, were getting long in the tooth. When I saw the promotion on the latest aids I pulled the trigger. As always super satisfied with Audicus' service. Would use them a third time when these need to be replaced.

Original review: June 26, 2022

I called Audicus, talked to a salesperson, and purchased their hearing aids. It was a very pleasant experience. My hearing aids are excellent and I like them. I can play my recordings and answer my phone through them. I can tune the volume through my phone. High-frequency is tunable also.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I had hearing loss and when I was tested and saw the audiologist, they recommended Audicus. I went online to buy them because I already had my hearing results and I could just send them in. The website was very easy to work with. This is my first set of hearing aids but they seem very good. I got the Wave and it works very well. It goes in very well and once I got used to the different sound of it, I can hear much better. The hearing aids made conversation much easier. So many people in my family are soft-spoken and I can hear them talk. Audicus is a very good company and they have very good hearing aids. People should go that route.

Original review: June 11, 2022

They’ve been very attentive, asking lots of questions, and making themselves available when I have questions. I recently had a hearing test through my ENT and all I had to do was take a photograph of my audiogram, and they were able to set up the hearing aid. I got it within a week of ordering it and they’ve checked back with me several times to make sure it was working okay. When I told them I had a question about something, they got back in touch with me very quickly to help me out with it. So the customer service has been very good. The hearing aid seemed to be working very well. I’m hearing things I haven’t heard, even with my previous hearing aids and I’ve been wearing hearing aids for over 30 years now.

The hearing aid itself works very well. It's rechargeable, so the battery lasts a very long time. So far, I've had it last up to about 15 hours in a day. It's very sensitive. I hear all kinds of things. The nice thing is that it's got an app on the phone, so I can make adjustments to the hearing aid on my phone. If I have a real problem with the hearing aid, I can contact Audicus, and they can adjust it remotely if I need their help to do that. I'm very happy with it.

Original review: June 9, 2022

The service was good. The quality seems fine. They have a $100 referral thing, and I was a little disappointed that it was not available in Canada. So, it should be advertised as such. But that’s got nothing to do with the quality of the equipment. I’m satisfied with the quality of the hearing aids, and they’re working well. It certainly improved my quality of hearing.

Original review: June 7, 2022

Audicus has been wonderful. Any time I have a question or need something, I can reach out to them and they are there. They helped me to be able to afford hearing aids when I had decided I would never be able to.

Original review: June 7, 2022

Wonderful experience from beginning to end. Very professional and responsive staff. Quality product with no issues for 18 months since purchase. Will extend my subscription for another 18 months. Quality company I would recommend to friends and family. Excellent pricing compared to other name brand hearing aids.

Original review: June 7, 2022

The Audicus customer service group is excellent as is their lab in NYC. The Audicus Wave is a good hearing aid. It does not do all that well when there is a lot of background noise... still can't carry on a conversation in a noisy environment. Other than that, they have been very helpful and, overall, I am pleased.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I am now on my second pair of Audicus hearing aids and am very happy. I especially like the subscription plan with regular supplies and the ability to roll into a new pair of aids after 18 months, which is coming up soon.

Audicus response

Hi Brad, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with our Membership program! We are delighted you are happy with your hearing aids and the service we provide for our valued members.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Audicus has been great. The rep explained everything to me and how everything was gonna go. I bought the set that you can charge at night and I love them because that way, I don't have to buy batteries or worry about putting batteries in. I just pick them up, put them on and in my ear. Then the rest of the day is fine. It’s sitting behind the ear and they fit good with my glasses. The last one I had felt was so big that when I put my glasses on, it made my ears stick out. But this feels comfortable. I don't even know I'm wearing them most of the time.

I can hear better now and I'm able to listen to music. But people say that whenever I talk to them on the phone through my hearing aids, they can't quite hear me. That's when I'm using the Bluetooth feature, which isn’t a big deal to me because I can switch over to the speaker and they could hear me fine then. So, my biggest thing is, I could hear what people are saying. That's what I got it for. There's a girl up there who is a representative for Audicus and she calls about once a week or once every two weeks to check on the Bluetooth. The quality of the hearing aids is sometimes too good because I get what my wife is saying, that sometimes I had to cut it down.

Original review: May 17, 2022

Working with them has been frustrating. When I talked to the specialist about the fact that it wasn't helping my tinnitus, and they weren't comfortable, she tried to have me shift the hearing aid minutely in various positions, and take a picture of my ear to send to her. After about three tries, I had enough. I figured if the hearing aid was so fussy about its position, I didn't want them. But they have very good salespeople.

Audicus response

Hi Frances, we're very sorry our hearing aids didn't end up being a good fit for you. We appreciate your patience as we worked hard to try and resolve your issues.

Original review: May 8, 2022

The purchasing experience with Audicus was fine. It takes a little getting used to doing it over the phone other than having someone you can see or talk to you. But it's okay. The hearing aid is good and helped me to hear.

Audicus response

Hi Toni, thank you for sharing your experience! We're thrilled that your hearing aid is helping. Please reach out if you need anything.

Original review: May 2, 2022

I love the hearing aids from Audicus. They were such a good deal. The price is great. When I worked with the first guy, I had a doctor's test, and he helped me download it so that he could look at it. I had a parotid tumor, cancer in that area, and I felt my hearing was really changed.

Original review: April 28, 2022

With the hearing aids, I can talk on the phone and I have a Bluetooth. The quality is great.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I wore my Audicus hearing aids for about two weeks. I had worn hearing aids before so I knew what to expect, and these Audicus ones just didn't work for me. They were really light, comfortable, and I didn't even know I was wearing them. They were supposed to help when you're in a crowd. But when we would go out to eat, I was still asking my wife to repeat herself. I could hear the high-pitched noise but I still had trouble hearing people because even though I turn the volume all the way up, they still sounded low volume. I could hear the birds and I could hear the low pitch noises. But they really didn't benefit me.

Customer service told me to wear the hearing aids a little bit longer to get used to them. But I sent them back. The only thing that I'm dissatisfied with is I haven't received my money and they've had enough time to return it. I need that money to get another pair of hearing aids someplace else. It cost me money because it's on my credit card so I'm paying interest on that. And it cost me $42 to mail those hearing aids back and I thought they were gonna reimburse me for that. They just told me what I needed to put on the shipping label and gave me a number. I insured the hearing aids when I sent them in case something happened to them.

When I initially ordered the hearing aids, I ordered them with the battery. I then discovered it would save me money to get the rechargeable ones so I called Audicus and changed the order. They made that refund within just a few hours then they charged the credit card again. I don't why there is a difference now that it would take this long to refund the hearing aids. The hearing aids are good and there was nothing wrong with them when I shipped them back. That aside, the people I’ve dealt with were great. But I was really hoping the hearing aids would work for me. Now, I'm hearing just as well as I did with my Audicus, except I don't hear the high pitch noises. If I go out, I don't hear all the birds and the frogs.

Audicus response

Hi Larry, we are very sorry to hear your hearing aids are not working as well as you had hoped. We want to make it right for you so a Hearing Specialist will reach out shortly to help troubleshoot.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I called Audicus and it was a pleasant experience because they picked up after one ring. The party at the end of the phone was a listener and informative so, they immediately created good vibes. I originally went through a procedure where my insurance company said who the audiologist I had to use if I want to access their subsidies. The guy spent about 10 minutes with me and told me to write them a check for 3,500 bucks. I asked if that was in addition to the insurance company paying $3,000 and he said yes. I asked if the hearing aids costs $6,500 and he didn't like that, because I was doing the math.

I started getting into the hearing aid business and calling around, and it's not unusual to have complicity. Apparently, what happens is that this particular audiology company paid Blue Cross maybe a million bucks to be the exclusive provider. Then, Blue Cross comes up with the $3,000 for the hearing aids and then, they soak a person for the other 3,500 bucks. Audicus is entirely different. It’s an interesting situation because apparently, the founder or the guy who put it together ran into the same situation I did. He went in and he thought it was a bunch of crap so, he created this system on the internet.

Audicus has an audiologist and they do everything by telephone and the price for quality hearing aids was 2,400 bucks. I like their style of doing business. These hearing aids worked though there are some adjustments that can be done. They do the adjustments through the internet and through the iPhone app. So they're tech savvy and have good follow up. I was very impressed with the marketing guy because he wasn't a salesman. He listened and tried to understand what the situation was plus he seemed to know something about what was going on with regard to hearing loss.

I was having trouble hearing women who had higher pitch voices and also children. So, I had difficulty hearing my grandkids, because they have a higher pitched voice. I don't have any problem with a man as well as driving along and hearing stuff in the road. So these things have to be tailored to the person's individual hearing profile that is determined by hearing tests. And you can see the lines for normal hearing, my hearing, and where I’m deficient. So Audicus is good about educating people.

Audicus response

Hi David, we are so glad you had a great experience with our team! We are glad to have found a solution that works for you.

Original review: April 25, 2022

The representative walked me through some things that I could experience and how to get the testing done. He gave me a price on three of them and I was going to check around, but the cost was incredibly low compared to what I would be getting if I went to a regular hearing aid doctor, which was what made me decide to go with Audicus. And I love them. I was pleased with the next day service. When I first started wearing the hearing aids, it was rather annoying to hear everything. It’s been maybe two months and I still hear that, but it’s not as abrupt. I wear them all day, as much as I possibly can. There was one day that I didn’t get dressed and didn’t do anything so I forgot about them until evening. But I like them.

Original review: April 24, 2022

I appreciate the way I've been treated by Audicus. Sean was helpful to me during the pre-sales piece of it. John has been very responsive, professional and helpful. And I have nothing but good to say about Audicus as a company that relates to people. I love the Clara hearing aids that I have. I got more than my money's worth.

I'm doing wonderfully with my hearing aids. I particularly enjoy and appreciate being able to be in a conversation with my wife. Previously, I've missed much of what she said and we had to postpone attempting to communicate until we had ideal circumstances, like face-to-face in a quiet place, then I could understand her. But in a noisy place or in the car, I was not able to understand her. These hearing aids have made all the difference in the world. Also, I hear birds that I formerly couldn't hear at all. The hearing aids are very comfortable to wear. Initially, the little short pieces of what look like fishing line tended to stick straight out of my ears. I found that over time, they adopt the appropriate shape and I have no difficulty at all with inserting them and keeping them in place. The hearing aids do exactly what I had hoped for.

Audicus response

Hi Jim, we are so happy that you love your Clara hearing aids! Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience.

Original review: April 23, 2022

My brother purchased hearing aids from Audicus and he advised me to do the same thing, which I did. I knew what I wanted compared to what he had. So, finding the style was very easy. I couldn't hear even a keypad on a door and since I’ve had the hearing aids, I can hear all of them. You can hear the birds and all that stuff that’s missing. We’ve got a driveway alarm that goes off if somebody comes up the driveway and I could never hear that or rarely hear that. Now, I can hear it plain as day. I went with the Spirit because I wanted to be able to have the smartphone capability. I do not have Bluetooth but it’s there if I decide to have it. I like the idea of being able to go on my phone instead of reaching up there and trying to adjust them up and down. I’d buy the same hearing aid over again right now.

Audicus response

Hi Tom, thank you for taking the time to leave your review! We are glad you are loving your hearing aids.

Original review: April 15, 2022

They've been very nice over the phone. I can hear better with the hearing aids. But it doesn't fit right. It won't go in but halfway. I talked to Marianne this morning on Zoom, and she's gonna send me something by mail that she thought would work better for me. It's a little clip on to my collar.

Audicus response

Hi Betty, thank you very much for taking the time to leave a 5-star rating! We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with the fit though. A Hearing Specialist will reach out to assist you.

Original review: April 14, 2022

The service was excellent. I got the Spirit hearing aids 'cause they're remotely adjustable. The features are perfect.

Original review: April 12, 2022

From the very start the people that introduced me to Audicus to the follow-up helper, Yvonne, were the best of any company I have had dealings with. I moved to Panamá in December and have stopped using my devices because I don’t need them. But I will be using them when I return to Cape Cod, probably, in June.

Original review: April 11, 2022

I have worn hearing aids for twenty-plus years. I damaged my hearing from being a musician and working in the music industry for two decades. I have done the in-person audiologist thing. Out of four "professionals" only one audiologist was helpful. Most were young women, recently graduated from college who were part of the corporate machine to crank out the patients. When you can't hear well, you realize how much you are missing out of conversations, and the ability to interact. At one point I had insurance that would cover $1200 every three years. Sounds great except that the aids would be close to $5k, and you realize it was no benefit at all.

When I found Audicus, I was at first skeptical about their methods and products. But the more I read, the more convinced that they were in fact trying to help, trying to provide hearing for those of us who needed help. So, I took the plunge two years ago with their subscription program. The Wave aid was very nice and helped me hear again, as at that point I was using the Costco aid. In March I moved up to the Spirit which is rechargeable, remotely programmable, and has an EQ on the phone app. After a month of constant use, I can say these are superior aids, that have all of the features I wanted/needed.

Original review: April 11, 2022

Gave them as a present to my granddaughter birthday this past Friday. After letting it charge she went to put them on and they didn’t fit in her ear. She just turned 14. I have to now get her something else. Can I get a refund? So should I??? What with them???

Audicus response

Hi Stephany, all our hearing aids are custom programmed to an individual and therefore won't be suitable for another person to use. One of our hearing specialists will reach out to discuss with you in more detail.

Original review: March 25, 2022

My Audicus hearing aids are fine. I had hearing aids that were not Audicus before, and they seem comparable and I paid twice the money. I'm quite happy with Audicus. They're very good to deal with and they have a good product. Everything including the brochures and packaging is very well done. They are very prompt as far as people wanting to help out. I really appreciate the company and that's hard to get compliments out of me 'cause I'm very picky.

Audicus Company Information