2. Homeowners

Rooms to Go

3.4/5 (976 ratings)

About Rooms to Go

Rooms to Go Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms to Go?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms To Go?

Original review: July 26, 2021

Went in to purchase a new bed and the sales person let us know that we had possibly purchased a bed with a defect and could possibly get a credit for it. We had a few Glitches in the process since we were purchasing a bed before having the old mattress confirmed has defective. I reached out to Linda and Jim who are both managers at Rooms to Go and they were very helpful with the whole process and making our nights more comfortable with our awesome new therapeutic bed. I would highly recommend this company due to the fact that they went above and beyond to make sure that things went smoothly for us.

Original review: May 29, 2021

What a wonderful experience! I am not a big reviewer but I just felt like this kind of service needed to be recognized. I have always been a little hesitant when it comes to buying new furniture. Especially when it comes to furnishing a new home. So this last weekend I decided to visit the RTG in Port Charlotte FL after hearing some ads on the radio.

As I walked in I was greeted by Christine ** a RTG sales representative. She took her time showing me around the store, making several wonderful suggestions that will definitely help me with my future decorating decisions. She was extremely knowledgeable of every product in the store and very patient with my indecisiveness. She was absolutely wonderful to work with. I left the store feeling like a huge burden had been lifted and most of the major decisions had been made with Christine's help. I cannot recommend Christine and RTG enough! I had a fabulous experience and I will definitely be back looking for future recommendations.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I had called the North Charleston, SC store about a particular chair that they did not have in my nearest location. Matthew ** assisted me on the phone. I was advised that they have the chair in the showroom to view. It was an almost 2 hour drive to the store from where I live. I found Matthew when I arrived and was directed to the chair and saw it was exactly what I wanted. Matthew had a fantastic attitude, was extremely helpful and even gave us a discount on the order to take back to my store location. Thank you for your great service!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

After reading the other online reviews I was very afraid to purchase the furniture I fell in love with at Rooms to Go. Because of how much I liked it and the price point I decided to take a chance. My experience in the showroom was usually positive but from reading reviews I was very concerned with whether or not I would get what I expected. My furniture was delivered today and everything was exactly as expected. The delivery was on time and came in the timeframe I was originally promised unlike other furniture that I expected to get in December and I will possibly get in March.

The delivery people brought it in without damaging anything and put it inside respectfully and told me where I could find all of the pieces to assemble it. Assembly was easy even for a novice like me. I could see where someone very particular might think the furniture is imperfect in a few ways but I am very satisfied with the quality and appearance. I plan to write another review after I see how the furniture holds up over time but for now I am a very happy customer and would recommend rooms to go.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

We were shopping for a couch at the Rooms to GO Outlet. Everyone was great and friendly. They processed my credit fast also. We selected the couch, which is in good condition to resale, however I feel was close to retail price brand new. They have a 3rd party delivery service which was surprisingly fast. Offered same day delivery that actually was 2 hour delivery. The men were super careful and offered to set it up. The reason I rate them a 4 is because the 3rd party in store credit card had a huge interest rate which doubled in price for the used furniture that was overpriced. We made this purchase as a last minute decision. I feel we would of waited, we could of got new furniture for the same price.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Was advised by the local Rooms To Go that they had the recliner I was looking for. They did not but salesperson said she would get it for me and it could be delivered in 3 days. I paid for it. It was not delivered in 3 days, not in 8 days and on the 10th day I called Customer Service. After dealing with a very rude individual I was informed that a third party vendor (but I was told who it was) was responsible for shipping and there’s nothing they could do but could not give me a refund nor tell me if or when delivery would be made.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I purchase a Sofa Loveseat from there. They have a program there where you can put your items on what they call "layaway", which was a very good program. I paid for delivery and shipping for my items. Once my items was completed within 7 months of being paid for the young lady stated that my items was on back order and they will be to me on Oct 06, 2021 which was fine due to me wanting to get the items for Thanksgiving for my family members that were coming out of town (around 50 to 60 people). So I said "ok". When that date rolled around then they gave me an Oct 08, 2021 date, once again the reasoning was because it was still on back order. I said ok.

Now, when that date rolls around they stated that it would be to be on Oct 09, 2021 and that it would be deliver between the hours of 9 am to 1 pm but call the store to get a definite time. I called and they told me around 1:30 pm due to my address being the last one on their list and how they deliver by address. I stated okay. On Saturday, Oct 09, 2021 the day of the delivery my phone rings 1 time and then hung up. I immediately call back to see who it was it was. Of course the delivery drivers from Rooms to Go. I ask him, "Hey I'm home waiting on you guys. You can deliver my items." The young man was like "well you have to call the store to get it rescheduled". I was like, "You haven't even made it to my house so you should be able to continue on your route and deliver my items." But I said okay I will call.

Once I called I was on hold for an hour and 45 minutes. Finally I asked the virtual phone to call me back. Once I didn't receive a call back the afternoon (mind you it's only 9:46 am). So I decided to call back again around 4 pm and was on hold again for another hour. Once I finally got a customer service rep on the phone she stated that the process is once I miss my delivery time my items will go back to the warehouse and it takes 48 hours to unlock my account and I can reschedule to have my items redeliver again that week if there are times available. So I waited until Monday morning to give them a call. Waiting once again online for about an hour when finally a customer service rep advised me that my items are once again on back order and won't be available until sometime on or after Nov 22, 2021 thru Nov 27, 2021.

The week of Thanksgiving when I have family members coming into town starting Nov 20, 2021. I was like how can it be on back order when rooms to go was going to deliver it on Saturday? He stated that once it goes back to the warehouse it goes to the next customer who was waiting on that same item. So I'm paying for an item to not only not get to me but for it to be giving away to someone else? So I requested a refund of my funds due to no one is willing to give clear and concise information about their process so that someone who is in my position could make an informative decision. So the young man stated, "We want your business. Go to the original store that you purchase your furniture from and see if they could one give you something similar to what your originally order or give you a refund."

When I went to the store one that Monday, I asked to speak with a store manager about the situation and possibly getting a refund. I sat there waiting on Mr. **, the store manager for about 20 minutes. Once he gets to me he immediately asks me in a nasty tone "How can I help you?" I tried to explain to the young man the situation and he kept interrupting me. So I asked at this time for a full refund. He put his hands in my face while I was sitting in a chair and said that's not happening that I'm only getting 80% back of my money and the company is going to keep the other 20%. I said, "No sir. It's not my fault that you didn't follow what you and the other co-workers stated about the delivery time. I have patiently waited on my items." Now, they are saying that my items might not be deliver until the week or week after Thanksgiving.

I also advised him that he has an attitude and I don't think that Rooms to Go hired him to be a part of the problem that you are here to help people or customers solved the issue and come to some resolution. He stated in a nasty voice that he doesn't have an attitude. I had to walk away due to him not allowing me to talk as well as I was literally in tears due to the fact I wanted my furniture for my guest and I just moved to Texas. Needless to say, I have tried calling Corporate to see if there is something could be done. That's like trying to get into Congress to speak to Speaker of the house. I'll not ever purchase anything else from them nor will I suggest them to the college students and parents when they need to have dorm rooms filled with furniture. I work for higher education, with over 150,000 students. You just lost a lot of business. **, Store Manager, 2600 Central Expressway, Plano, Tx 75074, 972-398-1522.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Do NOT buy from Rooms to Go. They delivered the wrong furniture, and instead of offering to fix the problem, the delivery guy chose to make rude comments. The store we bought from did NOTHING to help. I asked for a manager more than 4 times and was hung up on multiple times. I requested a call back and no one ever did.

A poor call center rep that had nothing to do with the problem had to resolve the situation. And when they did deliver what we purchased, it was clearly used, as it had none of the factory packing the first item did. $1300 to get treated rudely and ignored. I will never buy from Rooms to Go again. I used to work retail and was shocked at how bad Rooms to Go customer service is. What made the maddest is that the delivery driver chose to make a snarky comment to me despite the fact it was their mistake. No ownership. Rude, unprofessional, inferior. Caveat emptor.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Rooms to go: I purchase a living room set from Rooms to go on July 5 for $1,808.27. Order #**. I paid $1,300.00 in cash and $500.00 on Debit Card. I reside in Nassau, Bahamas. I called on Sunday July 11, to canceled order. I spoke to Shantel who was very accommodating and told me order will be cancelled and $500.00 will be debited to my account. I also asked for entire refund to be deposit on Debit Card but was told it was against company policy. I asked for the balance of $1,300.00 cheque to be sent to my sister's address in Fla., which was on file and I repeated address to her for verification. Shantel said she'll pass information to their Accounts Dept.

I was refunded $500.00 on debit card about 3 days after initial conversation. July 19, I called and was told by Corleen that cheque was mailed to my sister's address. July 21, I spoke to Shantell and was told that cheque was mailed to a shipping address and Rooms to go Corporate office had to wait for cheque to be returned before its canceled. Please note that I live in The Bahamas, and have to pay for overseas calls!. I called July 28, every week for the entire month of August and was given the same lies that cheque was mailed to my sisters address. This is blatant poor customer service, is this the treatment that you give your Bahamian customers? By the way I purchased furniture from Rooms to Go in Fr. Lauderdale but service was outstanding.

After 2 months of frustrations I decided to visit Fla, I went to store in person on Sept 9, I spoke to Store Manager **, who was not accommodating and very condescending. He said that there's nothing he can do but call Corporate Office.... He promised to call me but never did. I also called and went in store but was given the run around for my $1300.00. I finally spoke to Office Manager, who had some empathy she made some calls and finally given a cheque on Sept 21. I would never purchase furniture from Rooms to Go Jensen Beach 2980 NW Federal Hwy, Jensen Beach, Fl 34957 or for that matter none of your locations! Customer service is horrible.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I ordered 2 items on Tuesday and changed my mind on Wednesday. Called the 800# their website instructs at 10am, 12:30p & 3:15p, each time pressing “1” to receive a call back. I also called again at 4p and hung on eternal hold - never getting an answer. So, I went on their “chat” feature. It was quick. Was told by the rep that Sales & Customer Service cannot do cancellations anyway, so… She supposedly cancelled the one item and I was to receive a credit in 7-10 business day. I say “supposedly” because here we are a week later and I received an alert that the item shipped and will be received today. Now I have to spend MY day straightening THEM out and trying to get MY money back. I think I might just return the second item I ordered too. DO NOT buy from this horrendous company. There are too many other options out there.

Rooms to Go Company Information