Rooms to Go

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Yesterday I went to Rooms To Go as my husband and I just moved from Michigan to North Carolina. We purchased a 3 bedroom home and all we have with us is what would fit in van. So we are looking to purchase a lot of furniture. As we entered to store we're greeted by a salesperson. She asked what we were looking for. We replied dining room set. She well "Did you look online?" Said "They are placed all over store. Just look." And walked away. Why I stayed is beyond me so we looked. Didn't find what I was looking for. Saw a sale flyer, looked at it, asked another employee where this was. He said "We don't have it on floor. Just buy it, take it home and if you don't like it bring it back." Seriously... So today we will be going to a store whose employees will be happy to help and I will NEVER go to Rooms to Go again...

I purchased a bedroom set, with two nightstands, and the tall dresser. I came to the store 24 hours later to cancel my order which I had paid cash money for and the manager in the office with an attitude said that they cannot give me cash money for it, that I will receive a check via the mail. I got upset because that was not inform to me when I purchased the bedroom set. I paid almost $1,800 and now my fear is I don't receive my check. I don't recommend no one to purchase at Rooms to Go. Their customer service is horrible and their furniture is overpriced. What a horrible experience!

Horrible experience with customer service. Delivery arrived 2 hours late and they could not deliver because it was raining. Then it went back to warehouse and scanned back into inventory. Now they have no sofa for me because it was sold to someone else, even though I had one on the truck for them to deliver. On top of that, no one at that store or customer service calls me back, not even the sales rep who said she would research and call me. They all avoid me. I wish I would have read reviews online and if I were not in another state from my condo would get a refund and go to Ashley Furniture. Horrible experience!

I purchased a sofa and chair from Rooms to Go in April 20, 2015, supposedly American made. They were both leather. By Dec 2015, the finish started coming off the sofa. I took a picture of it and went back to the store where I purchased it. The first gentleman I spoke with assured we Rooms to Go would replace the sofa since it appeared to be defective. We went back to the office where the lady was whom I purchased the set from. She assured me they would take care of it.

A couple of weeks later I got a call that a person would be by to look at the sofa. Well he came by alright and he had his dye kit that he opened up and proceeded to brush this on the places where the color was coming off. I asked him if this would work and he assured me it would. The sofa and chair were brown and the places where the color was coming orange. The color continued to come off and now I have a sofa and chair that has orange places all over it. On the arms, footrests, the back and seat. Oh yes, this American made sofa has a tag on it that says "Made IN China". Rooms to Go refuses to do anything about this. If I could give them no stars I would. I will never buy anything else from them and would advise others to do likewise.

From the time we made our first purchase with Rooms To Go our service has been terrible, specifically with their billing and customer service. Well, it's now moved to the store level. A few months ago, we purchased a simple $199 beige rug and a bench. The salesman entered the order for a gray rug that cost twice as much. We caught the error, and he apologized and said that we would receive the correct rug and correct the cost, and that we had to go to the store to make things right. We have since received the correct rug but are still being charged the incorrect cost.

When contacting their customer service NUMBERS (the right side of the body does not know what the left side of the body does) I was told the only way was to go to the store, talk with the salesman who messed up the order in the first place (again) to make the correction on the bill, which was less than the bad rug but still more than what we originally ordered. Sheesh! I am now convinced that he did this for earning more commission on our account. I do not trust them to do anything right anymore and propose a class-action lawsuit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms To Go?

I bought these two accent chairs on Feb 2016. I love the look of the chair. Nobody is allowed to seat there because is for decoration purposes and because is fabric we use or sectional black leather sofa. Well I placed the chair in my formal living room, like I said nobody sits there ever. During Christmas time, December 3 I was moving the chair to put my Christmas tree. My daughter Sat on one of the chairs and broke. She weighs 100 pounds. My husband turned the chair over, removed the fabric to discover that one of the wood used as a frame base, was a very cheap kind of wood and broke because had knots. It's sad to know the furniture industry is full of scammers. They should be ashamed. Luckily, my husband had a good quality piece of wood and in less than 30 min he was able to replace to wood. We will have to do the same to the other chair before we have another accident. Shame on you Rooms to GO down.

Arrived 1.5 hours after my suggested delivery window. More than half my order damaged. I had to call to ensure an exchange, and no one seemed to care. I have spent a total of 3 hours on the phone or in a chat window trying to get non-damaged furniture delivered to my house, and I'm still not sure that it's going to happen. I ordered a sectional couch, fabric protection, and a 5 piece bedroom set in mid-December. It was scheduled between 2 pm-6 pm on December 23rd to be delivered. At 5:56 pm on the 23rd, I hadn't heard anything about delivery so I called the customer service line who said that they couldn't help me with the time, but that the dispatch center would call me back. After 6 pm, I received a call from dispatch that my new window would be from 6 pm-9 pm instead and that they couldn't give me an exact time for when the driver would arrive.

So I've been waiting since 2 pm, did not receive a call to let me know that the driver would not arrive during the originally proposed time, and there was no estimate on when they would arrive. I waiting for another 1.5 hours, and the drivers finally came. With them, they had all the pieces I ordered; however, more than half of them were damaged (nightstand, footboard, both sofa pieces). The drivers ensured me that someone would call me the next day to schedule a time for these items to be exchanged, and, understandably, did not fully install the bed because it was just going to have to be taken apart again. The next day came, no one called. I called at 5 pm to try an schedule my delivery the following Monday (3 days after the initial delivery) and no one answered. The office was closed (something I was not informed of).

Finally, on Tuesday, I was able to talk to a nice woman who was able to schedule an exchange of several pieces and said she'd mail a piece for one of them. My scheduled delivery date is January 14th - a total of 3 weeks after the initial delivery, and this does not include the additional trip that will have to be made by a technician who will install the mailed part. That hasn't even been scheduled yet. I'll likely have to take off another day of work to deal with that. On top of all of this, I called customer service several times and chatted with people online, and no one seemed to be able to help me or care that I was being pushed from one place to the next. It was like damaged goods were expected, and me spending an entire day waiting for furniture without any sort of communication regarding an ETA or even that there would be a delay in delivering outside of the originally proposed timeframe was acceptable.

In fact, the customer service representative and the dispatch woman seemed to be upset with me for questioning why I wasn't informed of these delays and requesting an ETA on delivery. So now - I still do not know when I will have all of my purchase in the new condition I ordered. I have to call customer service yet again because the fabric protection was not added to the order as I requested when I first ordered the couch and the price has dropped from 1399 to 1377 so there now requires a price adjustment because the sales associate in the store before we purchased online said that we have a price guarantee 30 days after the purchase date (if it even happens).

Speaking of the sales associates in store, we chose to order online because the sales associate in the store was so pushy saying they work on 100% commission and this purchase was her livelihood. Each associate we talked to gave us different information so who knows what is correct. This is the worst experience buying furniture, and I will never be using Rooms To Go again for furnishing my home.

Your Desired Resolution: I want the Fabric Protection/warrantee added to my couch because I indicated I wanted it and it is not on there. I want the price adjustment like I was promised, and I want all the furniture I ordered in new condition, delivered within a guaranteed 4hr window, and installed in my house at the same time so I don't have to keep taking time off work and waiting all day.

I am writing this review to warn others of what I was warned about. I did not heed the warning that the furniture at Rooms To Go was cheap Chinese product that would not last. I took the gamble because the price was good, but within a few weeks the sofa I bought started falling apart. I called Rooms To Go to get warranty service, but they would not come and look at the sofa for several weeks. I had company coming so had to put it back together myself with some screws. A couple of months later more of the sofa came apart, and more screws put it back together again. The sofa is constructed of soft lumber and staples. No one in this house is especially heavy, and the sofa was not abused in any way.

Finally, after it came apart a third time in less than six months I called Rooms To Go again to get warranty service. Again it took them a few weeks to come, and the inspector made the recommendation that it be replaced under their warranty. However a call from customer service informed me that because I had "altered" the sofa they would not honor the warranty. I was directed towards the fine print in the warranty. I did not "alter" it in anyway other than reinforce the staples with some screws. I explained that I had to mend it myself because they would not come and service it in a timely fashion, but they did not care. So in short they sell junk and use their fine print to not stand behind their products, while making you wait weeks for a service call. Don't waste your money here.

I order a two (2) piece love seat and sofa set, on the day of purchase only the love seat was in stock. I was scheduled to be delivered on Dec. 20, 2016 and the out of stock sofa was to be delivered three (3) days later. One the first delivery everything was as I expected the delivery to be, the two (2) delivery men removed the wrapping just inside the door of my home. They proceeded by inquiring if it is placed where I wanted it and then walked me through the functions and features of the love seat. By the way the two items purchased are electronically interactive.

On the second delivery 3 days later the two (2) delivery personnel came into my home with the second part of my order. It was so obvious that they were in a hurry that I asked them if they were in a hurry? To my surprise he responded "YES!" and followed with "we have a lot of deliveries still". I could truly tell these guys were in serious rush mode. At this point I am pleased with the items I purchased, but the delivery process will give me pause the next time I am in the market for furniture. AGAIN... not because of product... but rather, delivery personnel.

I went to Rooms to Go in November thinking how early I was starting Christmas shopping to take the stress out of it. I bought a big oversized bean bag chair for my daughter for $199 plus tax. They said it would be in the beginning of December for me to pick up. Well, with work, kids and life going on, I didn't think about how I've never gotten a call about it being ready to pick up so I called today, Dec. 21, to see if I can come get it. They say "Oh, it won't be here until December 27th."

The seller refused to release it until then. And that was it, no sorry, or "we should have called and told you, let me give you a discount for the inconvenience" or anything. Just if I don't want it now I can cancel it. It's too late to go find another one in time for Xmas and this was going to be a big Santa present for my daughter Christmas morning. Makes me want to cry it's so disappointing. I have no choice but to just tell her that the big present I got here won't be here until 2 days after Christmas. I'm sure she'll understand but it's disappointing for a child to not get their present until December 27th! Thanks a lot Rooms to Go. You suck.

I purchased a bed with RTG on December 10th with a delivery date of December 17th; mind you I spent over $2,000 on this purchase. I was advised that I would receive a call the day prior to the scheduled delivery with my delivery time frame. I never received that call. Mind you I’m in the process of moving from one place to another so by the time I had settled down for the day and realized that I never received a call from RTG the customer service department was closed and I had no choice but to deal with an automatic system which advised me that my delivery time would be between 7am – 11am, which wouldn’t work for my schedule considering I actually signed my lease on my new place that day and wouldn’t have access until after doing so.

I called customer service 8am which is when they opened the following day to advise them that the time frame wasn’t good and if it was possible to have the driver notified of this and possibly reschedule for a later time that day. I was told to call customer service back once I had the key to my new place and that my delivery would be placed in rotation, which I did. As the day reach closer to night I called customer service back and questioned how late did RTG make delivers and was told until the drivers truck was empty, the representative advised me that my order would be delivered that night some time.

When I attempted to make a follow-up call I was realized that customer service was now closed and my only other option was to contact the showroom where I had purchased my items. I was told that my items were heading back to the warehouse and that I would have to call back within the next three days to have it scheduled for re-delivery, which was unacceptable, considering I’m 6 months pregnant and which I conveyed this information to the representative. Her response ("well I don’t know what to tell you").

This prompted me to head over to the store the next business day to speak directly to a manager, who basically told me the same thing every other representative told me from the notes that they read from the system that was a complete crock of **, that when the delivery was attempted I wasn’t home. I’ve now been contacted and advised that my delivery will arrive December 22nd and again they can’t tell me the time frame and would only suggest that I stay home the entire day awaiting the delivery. I wouldn’t recommend RTG to anyone. They are just horrible.

Couch. Chase Chair, Dining table and chairs. Purchase was in 2006. Salesperson was very professional and friendly. I was allowed to browse and take time to decide and my choices. I place a 90 day purchase, had the garment protected done on the future and was given 2 bottles to take home. After about 2 months of payments I had paid in full and my furniture was delivered as promised properly wrap for my later moving date. It was a great experience.

Purchased a leather living room set (sofa, love seat, chair) December 2015, color is a seafoam blue. The color began coming off the corners of the sofa and love seat and along the trim on the chair, back in May. It took me until December to contact Rooms to Go about the problem. They sent a technician out to look at furniture. When technician came out he told us, had never seen a problem like this, but it definitely had to do with the way the leather was sealed. Obviously not sealed properly, which is why the color is coming off.

I asked what do we do from here, he advised he would be turning in pictures and a report, customer care would contact us. Received a call from customer care, telling us this was normal wear and tear and not covered under the warranty. That's it, no other resolution. I've attached pictures of all the pieces where the color is coming off and wear and tear is not the problem, clearly the color is literally just coming off. The areas are all the corners and along the trim on the armrest. These areas are rarely touched or rubbed against by anyone, it's quite clear the paint and sealing process was not performed well.

When I purchased the living room set, of course they sold me on putting a sealant on the pieces to minimize damage or staining. Now they're not honoring again, the services they sell; oh... but they certainly took my money. I am not through with this company. Will be making signs and picketing in front of their establishment this weekend. Telling all unsuspecting consumers what a cheap - unethical company this is. Customer service is a joke, they place you on hold forever and even disconnect you, in the end tell you there is nothing they can do.

Forget the warranty, extra money spent to "seal" the furniture; these are all nothing but fraudulent sales tactics to enrich RTG from the unsuspecting consumer. I financed this furniture and still have an outstanding balance, ready to call a moving company and return the entire set back to RTG. Formal complaints will be filed with the AG's office, BBB and every Consumer Protection Agency available, which includes the credit financing of this poor quality furniture.

This is probably the most important thing that Rooms To Go sells from a management perspective. Salespeople have to sell it on roughly 95% of every piece of fabric or leather they sell or they get fired. Management won't admit to this but they literally won't sell you the furniture if you don't buy the "bond" as they call it. Their yearly bonuses depend largely on this one thing. So they walk hundreds of thousands of dollars every year for this one add on. Salespeople will let you "walk" if you don't buy it. They are willing to lose their commission to keep their percentage in the near perfect category so they won't be punished by having to go to "school" early on a Saturday that they have to work 12 to 13 hours or ultimately lose their jobs. I have heard management tell salespeople to get rid of the customer if they are not willing to buy it.

Is it worth the extra $200 bucks? Depends... I have seen the "bond" applied to the furniture in the warehouse. "Bond" is a very strong word for what they do. An employee uses a wand to lightly mist the furniture, most of it probably evaporates before ever touching a sofa. Yet I have heard salespeople say that this is like having a Teflon coating on your furniture against stains. If you are wanting this to protect against stains it's worthless in my opinion.

However... If you ever have any problems with your furniture, even if it is covered by the standard one year warranty. Don't bother calling the store if you did not buy the protection. Because when the salesperson goes to the manager to see about fixing whatever problem you have product, delivery, or otherwise. The first question the manager asks the salesperson is not what has to be done to rectify the situation, it's "did they buy the juice?" If not, call the 800 number and deal with customer service, which the manager knows is not at all customer service (but that is for another post).

So if you want to buy this insurance policy so you won't be shoveled along the bureaucracy which is Rooms to Go customer service. Go ahead. As for the leather protection, everything applies except they do nothing to "bond" the leather, all you are buying is a lifetime supply of leather conditioner. Which I can almost guarantee unless you condition your sofa set every day you will not spend $200 on leather conditioner in your lifetime. Almost all of the furniture sold by RTG is low grade, foreign woods and stains. The stains will eventually "bleed out" and furniture appears discolored. This is due to the "imported woods" they like to advertise, which is cheap wood from China-Vietnam-Malaysia (Timber Industries, Green River, Kaiser Furniture Wood Furniture, Holland House, Great Veca (primary supplier to RTG)).

Purchase 1754.93 in furniture on November 25, 2016 to be delivered December 10, 2016 between 1-5. Delivery showed up at the home at 11:15 am unannounced, therefore because I was given a delivery time window for 1-5 they contacted a relative who contacted me that RTG was in my driveway. I advised them that I was not home and was told on December 8, 2016 that my scheduled delivery was between 1-5. The next call I received was at 4:15 saying the truck has broken down and that my furniture would still be delivered, they never showed up nor did I receive a call. On December 11 I attempted to contact the store in Lithonia Georgia and spoke with Barbara.

She said the Manager Mark would contact me later because he was on the floor assisting customers. On December 12 I attempted to contact the store and spoke with Manager Jeff at the Lithonia RTG. He advised me to come into the store to get my refund when I arrive later. That evening I was told that my ticket needed to be released in system in order to be refunded and that it would be available on 12/13/ 2016 in which I contacted customer service and was told that it would take another 48-72 hrs before the system cleared. This is the worst customer service and delivery experience I have ever had. Then people at the corporate office would not let me speak to anyone but the call center representatives.

We purchased a love seat from Rooms To Go, we had it for a little over three years and the material is ripping badly I even had the love seat treated. I called customer service and the person I spoke to didn't even care. We don't own any pets so I can't even blame it on a pet. My sofa is has patches all over. It was made cheaply!!! Photos will show the facts.

We had purchased a couch from them about 2 years ago but unfortunately one area of the couch has leather peeling from the back rest. We opted to have the couch changed to another one we picked out at the store. Long story short, we were scheduled to take delivery on Dec 10, 2016. Unfortunately due to the circumstances we opted to have the delivery date changed to Monday the 12th. I spoke to the representative on the phone and requested for a change of date delivery.

To make things short, I was never told the delivery date had changed to Jan 31st of 2017!!! Before cancelling the date delivery I would presume that any smart person geared towards customer service will confer with their customers whether or not we should push through with the delivery which is almost 2 months later before cancelling an earlier delivery. The customer representative I was speaking with today was as incompetent as the previous one I had spoken with. I have never dealt with a company that will ignore their customers and do whatever they want without informing their customers. Whoever is in charge of customer service needs to overhaul their front lines.

I financed furniture on the November 26, 2016. Order number **. I received the furniture yesterday. The delivery was 2 hours late to what text I received and what the shipping rep stated "they would be there at 1pm." Yesterday was my girlfriend's only day off and I decided to take a half day off of work to accept the furniture delivery. My girlfriend had to leave to take kids to doctor at 1:30, so she left for that, while I waited for the guys to show up. I called the shipping center at 1:33 pm to see where the truck could be at and how long it would take them. She stated, "That they had one more delivery and are in the area and should be there soon." I waited and waited till 2:27 pm when they finally pulled in my driveway and started to unload the items.

When they were tearing down the last item we had noticed that something was not correct. They had two right pillar shelves instead of a right and left pillar shelves. I was really annoyed that this had happened but I knew they only deliver the items, they don't load the truck. The one guy said that customer care would be calling me in a few minutes to confirm everything. I kind of rushed that phone call and called them myself to have this issue resolved ASAP. The lady I spoke with was very kind and understanding of my issue at customer care and she was professional in every way. She gave me options to have the mistake corrected. Since the options were not acceptable, times and dates, due to my family's tight schedule I told her I didn't find those options acceptable. I wanted the issue to be resolved that day right now. Why should I have to wait till next week to have a warehouse person's mistake corrected when I was not at fault?

So I requested to talk to a supervisor. She put me on hold and would check back with me every few mins to let me know that she was waiting for the supervisor to become available to speak with me. The last time she came back online she stated the supervisor requested that I leave my number and the supervisor (Tiffany) would call me back when she was off a call. Tiffany called me back at 6:47pm to discuss my issue. She was very professional and kind and understanding (great customer care team). Since it was approaching 7pm I knew my option to have it resolved that day was not going to happen. The only other options at that time was to have the problem corrected Saturday since that is when I am home again and I could take delivery again.

Also that since the delivery was late and I had to stay at home for additional two hours (lost wages where I work) and the order was not correct, that I am requesting a credit on my account for $300.00. She responded with that they could not compensate my lost wages nor could she credit my account $300.00. She did offer to have it delivery done on Saturday and she would refund half of the $89.00 delivery charge. I asked her why you couldn't do the whole delivery charge due to the inconvenience that the warehouse has now caused me. She replied to the effect of, due to we have to come back out again to correct the mistake.

At this time I have accepted her option to half of the shipping charge refunded. So I can at least get the ball rolling on getting this resolved. This isn't my fault that this happened. I was not the one who didn't pull the correct items from the warehouse shelved from the state-of-the-art Rooms To Go distribution center. Someone didn't do their job to a 100% and now you have a returning customer on the edge of just returning the product and shopping elsewhere. Since I don't have a complete entertainment set up assembled in my house I have the top piece is wrappings and sitting on my floor in the way of walking. I have three kids. With it not assembled there is a risk of them pushing over the pillars and also climbing all over the overhead piece. I don't have anywhere else to put it at the moment to get it out the way.

I am requesting to have the piece delivered ASAP before 11am before tomorrow (12-7-2016). Also I want a credit of $300.00 on my account for the inconvenience you (the company) have caused me and the having my wife yell at me to have this fixed. I have contacted the store to help resolve this issue. Jamar I spoke with last night at 7:41pm. He was going to try to get with someone named Amanda to try to help resolve this issue. He said he would call me back last night or today (12-6-2016) to let me know of the progress.

I don't know what kind of check and balances you have at your warehouse but it has failed. I am sure you are a company that tries to achieve 100% accuracy when delivering. I work in customer service and we go out of our way to make sure everyone is taken care of. Whether it was the small guy that spent $1 to the big customer that spent $100,000 with us. I would expect more from a company that claims to be Americas #1 independent furniture company.

I was worried after reading all the horror stories on here and wished that I had done more research prior to purchase but so far my experience has been good. I felt some pressure in the store to add the fabric protection that I felt was unnecessary. The delivery went smoothly. I was given a 12-4 window and called at 3:30. The clerk that assisted me was friendly and, at my insistence, contacted the delivery driver. I was informed that I was next and, indeed, a moment after I hung up the driver called telling me they would arrive in 30 minutes. They were only 10 minutes after 4 in arriving. They were not particularly friendly until I engaged them in conversation about the ongoing SEC football game. They unwrapped and placed my two new loveseats and recliner without incident. I will attempt to update this review after I have used the furniture for several months.

The entire process was absolutely terrible! We bought a 7 piece bedroom set and paid for the expedited shipping. When the delivery guys showed up, they literally were tossing all the boxes out of the truck and on to the driveway. When carrying the furniture upstairs, they scratched the walls severely. After setting up the furniture I noticed the dresser was broken. I asked the delivery guy how to get it replaced and he stated "call the 800 number, not my problem." So now I have a broken dresser currently sitting in my bedroom until a new one can be delivered. After being put on hold for approx 30 min. I finally talked to someone who said they could deliver a new one in a week. Well, the week came and went without hearing from anyone from Rooms to Go. My wife and I both called on several different occasions to get this matter resolved. Each time we do talk to someone they say the item can't be shipped for another week..

Needless to say, Rooms to Go is a disaster! We requested on several occasions to speak with a manager and each time they say "we don't have a manager here at this time." If that's the case, then who is "managing" this awful company? It's no wonder why they have a 1 star review. I just wish I would have done some research before even stepping foot into a Rooms to Go. So here we are with a severely broken dresser still sitting in our bedroom and no replacement delivered yet. After reading all these reviews, I can't figure out why Rooms to Go is still in business.. I will NEVER step foot into another Rooms to Go again. We have every intention on seeking legal counsel as well as filing a claim for the damage to the walls.

I wish I could leave a zero star for this poorly made furniture company. Paid CASH for a couch and love seat only to have the love seat literally break apart. Called company to have someone come and look at the broken love seat and all he said was that "It may be fixable." I was never given any more information until two delivery guys showed up at my house approximately ONE MONTH LATER. I asked about a replacement and was told that their invoice only stated, "PICK UP!"

Called Customer Service and spoke with someone who told me that I would be receiving a replacement on December 16th. Now keep in mind that today is December 2!!! Therefore, am I suppose to seat my family and guests on the floor? I called the store where I purchased this DEFECTIVE piece of junk and spoke to an absolutely the most rude customer service representative. When I asked if I could have an earlier delivery date or anything to seat my family and guests, she suddenly got very angry and acted like she couldn't "understand" me. This is unacceptable representation for this company. This very hostile woman works in the North Charleston, SC office. She refused to transfer me to a manager who was not so hostile yet she acted like she couldn't understand me. Did she suddenly forget the English language? Anyway, at all costs, avoid this company like the plaque. Like I said my love seat literally fell apart at the seams!!

I wish I could give zero star... I have purchased a bedroom set a few months ago. They were supposed to deliver my furniture between 8 am-2 pm. 5 minutes before 2, I called to see where my delivery is, and they just told me, they are running late and the new delivery schedule would be 2-5. I was pissed as hell, those freaking people couldn't call to let me know. 6 months later the same thing happened, the scheduled delivery is 1-5. Of course, no one showed up before 5, so I had to call again. They told me, the driver is running late and they will deliver my furniture between 5-7. I will never buy anything from RTG. I never had this bad experience with City Furniture... I would not recommend RTG for anyone.

Friday 11/18/16 Along with placing my order online, I also applied for a credit card with rooms to go. My order was supposed to be shipped to the address provided online, however I had gotten a voicemail from the corporate office stating that it was postponed due to a verification process. Okay no worries. I called the customer service line to see if there was any way to resolve the issue through them. The first time I had called, I got a very rude sales rep, but she did state that my order would be delivered by Monday. I wasn't sure if she had done this because the phone call was so brief and rude. I called back again to get another representative. Once again this rep assured me that my furniture would be at the address listed on my account on monday. So I travel 2/3 hours away to go to the address to retrieve my furniture.

When 8pm came around, I decided to call, knowing that Rooms To Go stated that their delivery truck had until 10pm the day of delivery to deliver. I made a call around 8pm asking if the order had been close, as I have to drive back to my new address for work. To my surprise the rep stated that it had been cancelled!!! I asked her why and she stated that I had to verify who I was, which was why it was cancelled. I explained to her that I had done that the day before and was told that my item would be delivered on Mon. She then assured me that she would forward the message so that someone would reach out to me the following day.

On Tues 11/22/16 as soon as I was on my way to work, I didn't want to waste another moment just in case there was a chance of me getting my furniture soon, so I called. Still no verification and I kept getting transferred to different people. It was told to me that my furniture wouldn't be delivered. I am beyond pissed at the moment because I have family coming over for Thanksgiving and I have no place for them to sit.

My uncle is coming and he just had heart surgery!!! I am literally crying right now because hadn't seen him in a long time. I have no place for him to sit. Sitting on the floor is too much of a strain and for someone to basically inform me that its my fault because your rooms to go replied to me isn't fair to me! In any other scenario, I would be fine, but what the heck am I supposed to do. My funds are tied up so I can't even try and to make an attempt to purchase furniture from somewhere else. It may not be that much money to you, but I opened up a line of credit with your company. How could you take money out of my account, send the credit card in the mail and not deliver the furniture. I must have some type of trust in your company because I opened up a line of credit with you guys. I honestly, like your furniture.

My next question is what are you going to do about this because this is an inconvenience for me??? This was very unprofessional. The rep I spoke to the first and the second time should've just told me that I would have to speak to the verification department before assuring me that I would get my order. What am I supposed to do with my family??? I don't know if I will ever do business with this company again. The last rep stated that there was nothing that she could do because the date has already been gone!!! What kind of person says that to a customer that has been mislead?

I can't tell you how many times I was told they had something in stock, and didn't, that my rug would be delivered, and wasn't, that it would be delivered on a certain date, and wasn't, and once delivered, was damaged, and nothing done about it. NEVER EVER buy ANYTHING from them. You will regret it for the rest of your life!!! There is NO follow up, NO follow through. No one there cares. Told I would get phone calls back, never did. Told MANY different stories every single day. Couldn't get a straight answer. CRAZY!!! Don't use them unless you want a big headache!!!

My experience with RTG has been horrible. Every piece of furniture purchased had been defective and trying to get a replacement a nightmare. Also purchased a mattress which has been replaced 4 times and every time if I upgrade because they recommend a better mattress they charge me $89.00. The advice I can give future RTG furniture is DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM RTG. Unless we hit them where it hurts (in the pocket) they will not change.

Where do I begin. We order for furniture a child's bedroom suite from the Richmond va store. This was fine but when it came time for the delivery which could only be in a Friday for our area, this is when they screw up everything. They got there in the morning like they said they would. My husband was there to meet the delivery guy and what would you know they did not have the whole bed in the truck, so the bed could not be put together. Both dressers had nicks in them so they needed to be returned. So we called customer service, which was horrible. They just kept saying what they would say out of a script. I asked them to have someone come in Saturday, which the first representative I spoke to acted like they could do this. Well when I actually spoke to a supervisor they could not. It had to be another Friday. I tried my best to get someone there in Saturday.

I think if a company screws up they should try to help the customer out and accommodate them, except they think we should accommodate them. So after several calls and rude absolutely no help from the representatives we had to wait until the following Friday to have another delivery. Keep in mind my daughter could not sleep in her bed because it could not be put together. My husband had to take off another Friday from work to get the rest of the bed and one of the dressers because the Chester drawer was in back order. So they made another delivery and we asked to be first to deliver to so he could go back to work. They were gone by 10 which was great and we got the bed together and the one dresser. Because the Chester drawer was in back order we had to take yet another day off work to accommodate them, not the other way around.

So here we are the 3rd day off work to get the last piece of furniture. I told them I would need to be delivered to first, which I thought they noted the file but I guess not. They were suppose to come between 9-1. Well at 10 am I knew they did not have me first because all the other times they had come and gone by that time. So I called and sure enough they had two stops before me. I wasn't happy. I had a dry spot later that afternoon and we all know if they say by 1 it is never by that time. I called at 12 and the representative tried to tell me that I had two stops in front of me and this was what they told me at 10. So 1 comes around and not there. I luckily was able to get my father-in-law to check me to the house and sit and wait because I had to leave.

Well it is 2 pm now and still nobody. This company had the most horrible customer service and they say they do business. This account is under my father-in-law's name because they wanted to buy their granddaughter a bedroom suite. They have had 30 purchases prior to this and each delivery was either something missing or broken, same as mine. This is not acceptable to have it done every time they come and they expect us to accommodate them. Again horrible customer service. Excuse typo. Typing from a phone.

I purchased some (what I thought were leather) bar stools from Rooms-To-Go over a year ago. I noticed that the one that I occasionally use is peeling. When I called to see what could be done about this I was told by Rosie at corporate headquarters that I should look in the yellow pages or google a furniture repair business to come out and repair my chair at my cost. Not only did I get no empathy from the associates on the phone but Rosie laughed and told me that if I was purchasing leather bar stools I would have paid $5000.00 apiece for them. I was told that what I purchased was polyester bar stools with a leather look. I would have never paid $199.00 apiece for these bar stools.

I want everyone to know that the level of customer services you receive from them is much different after your warranty is up. I'm not blaming them for my mistake of not doing my due diligence of making sure it was leather. WHAT I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT IS THE LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. I have never written a review before but I am so shocked at the lack of customer service that I experienced.

May of 2015 I buy my bedroom set. The quality is really poor. It's so sad because you believe in a name and know my mattress is in the floor. The lady in customer service knew exactly what I was taking about so it means is not the first time she received a call on this set of bed. But there nothing she could do because of the guarantee. It funny you know the quality is not good but you prefer to lose client instead of apologizing and fix the frame... my feedback to this it would be negative and if I am has I would tell my disappointment regard this quality of furniture.

I wish I had read more reviews before purchasing anything from Rooms To Go. In April of last year, I purchased the Crosby Street White Sectional and paid over $2000 for just 3 pieces. Once it was delivered, it started shedding feathers. Lots and lots of feathers. I called and complained and was told that they'd had that issue with that particular set since they got them in; this would have been nice to know while I was spending $2500 in your store, but the salesperson said nothing. I was told by customer service that I could come in and choose a different set and they would issue a store credit for me in the amount that I had already spent. They were also going to take away the furniture I had and replace it with what I ordered.

I went into the store and couldn't really find anything equivalent to what I had purchased initially, so I opted to go with the Bonita Springs couch and loveseat in beige, and the ottoman from the Provincetown collection. That cost me $450 for the couch, $430 for the loveseat, and $350 for the ottoman. Because I still had credit because my initial couch was over $2k, I was basically forced to purchase more furniture. I ended up purchasing a dining room table and 4 chairs with 2 bar stools as additional seating, even though I really didn't need it. Then I was charged an ADDITIONAL delivery fee because you are charged a delivery fee for each "room" that you have furniture delivered for. Dining room table, different room. So I ended up paying an additional $125-$150 over my initial $2500 for the second delivery charge.

The delivery was fine, I had no issues. But here we get to my problem; I have had this couch a little over a year and the cushions have lost their shape and the frame of both the couch and loveseat are falling apart! Pieces of the frame have started falling off. We flipped the couch and tried to brace the frame a little better, but it really hasn't helped much. When we opened the bottom the first time, a huge bolt fell out of it and we can't figure out where it should go. Also, when inspecting the inside of the couch, I saw that the arms of the couch were nothing more than corrugated cardboard! I'm sorry, but for a couch that cost me almost $500 and a loveseat that was almost as much, the frame should not be falling apart just a year after purchasing it.

I will now have to purchase new furniture again this year. My last furniture lasted almost 10 years, by the way, so it's obvious that the furniture at Rooms To Go was poorly made. I will never again purchase a piece of furniture from Rooms To Go. Their poorly made, way overpriced, not at all comfortable furniture and horrible customer service just isn't worth it.

So I took off from work one day and they never showed up. The next time they came to put this bed together that cost about $1,600. They were missing a piece. So then they tell me that I have to take off work another day for them to come and put the bed together because they don't come into my area on the weekend. So I called the Corporate office and they tell me there's nothing they can do. So I told them to come and get the bed. They transfer me to the store. The manager says I can't return the item. I can only exchange it. The service is TERRIBLE! I will never order from them again.

I purchased and picked up a cocktail/coffee table from Rooms To Go. I'm a pretty handy guy. That being said...assembling the table was a nightmare! All I had to do was attach the 4 legs and walla...I'm done!! Simple right? Well 2 legs had no holes drilled for the screws. I had to drill the holes. The legs are attached with screws requiring an Allen key. Guess what...no Allen key! A piece of wood...kind of like a I-beam in a home...was not completely attached. No screw was available to attach the I-beam correctly. I left that part unattached because I didn't have the proper screw and was concerned about drilling a hole. I called Rooms to Go customer service!! All they did was take my complaint and then said "thank you for purchasing our product!! And we hope to see you soon!" I was about to purchase a bedroom set from them. Needless to say, I didn't and will NEVER shop at Rooms to Go again!

Rooms to Go Company Profile