Rooms to Go
1.16/5
Based on 149 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Rooms to Go

1823 Rooms to Go Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 21, 2018

Bought in May 2018. Worst customer service ever. Took 3 weeks just to get bed setup and working correctly. That’s after 4 service people and my time waiting on them. Well now it’s July and again I’m sitting here on my day off waiting for delivery of the rest of my furniture and they are late for their 4 hour delivery window. And customer service can’t even tell me where they are.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Purchased living room set on May 14, 2018 and it was delivered on June 15, 2018. The sofa and recliner is electric reclining that does not work. I called the customer service department for replacement and was told that a technician had to be dispatched which it took about two weeks for him to come out to see if he could repair it or replace the items. I called to check the status and request that the items be replace instead of repaired and was told that the repairman had not submitted his report to the company.

I was told that it could take 3 - 5 business days for the report to be received. They would only repair the items and not replace the furniture which is unacceptable for the amount that we paid. This set was over $3800.00 and not to mention that I am a repeat customer. RTG's customer service department is seriously lacking in customer service. It is now July 20th and we still do not have a resolution for the repair or replacement for our furniture.

I personally feel that because of the amount that we paid the furniture should be replaced instead of repaired. I called to get the date for which the furniture will be repaired since they can't accommodate us with replacing the pieces only to get the response that someone will be calling me by the end of today. I will post an update on whether or not I receive the call today. Please don't do business with this company. Their customer service department is not local and you have to rely on their customer service representatives to actually do their jobs. In this case, has not happened as of today. Very disappointed with their service.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 18, 2018

My HORRIBLE journey with RTG started in May 2018! Delivery was a problem and that should have been a red flag. It took a total of 3 attempts to get a bedroom set delivered without having missing pieces or items being damaged. Once I finally got the bedroom delivered with broken pieces, I thought I was good to go. I paid cash @ $1250 for this bedroom set for my daughter sweet 16. After having the set about 3/4 weeks my daughter start complaining about something biting her in her sleep. She didn’t not have this problem with her old bedroom set. We went to the doctor and the doctor asked if we had BED BUGS??!! NO! We have never had a bug problem and I felt that was rude of him to ask. My daughter was treated for eczema! WRONG.

After leaving the Dr and reading on bed bugs I called an exterminator! 1st exterminator could not find any bed bugs. My daughter still getting bit and now scared to sleep in her room. Called another exterminator and she examined the entire house to my surprise BED BUGS were hiding in the headboard and frame that was delivered!! ONLY IN MY DAUGHTER ROOM! I called RTG spoke to Katherine the manager! She said she apologize and will have another set delivered on 7/28/18. I never received a call from RTG C.S. about a time. I called back to speak with Katherine and Grace told me Katherine was unavailable to speak with me. I then called C.S. line and spoke with Heather!!! VERY RUDE!! She told me It was not RTG problem. RTG spray down all furniture before delivered. This set was last checked 12/2017 and has been sitting in a warehouse since then. I disconnected the call with Heather.

Call again on 7/17 and spoke with Lisa ** again RUDE! Per Lisa she spoke with Katherine and was told she has no notes of me calling or of Katherine telling me the set would be exchanged. After doctor bills, exterminator and bug sprays. I have decided to take further action!! My daughter skin look so bad she is afraid to wear shorts and short sleeve shirts due to the bit marks on her body. I am very upset with the way I was treated! My household did not have any problems prior to getting a bedroom set from rooms to go. I will attach pictures.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I had a delivery that was scheduled for yesterday (Thursday 12 July 2018). The delivery window provided at the point of purchase was between 7 am and 10 pm. I was home for the entire 15 hour delivery window, however, no delivery attempt was made. The driver made no contact with me in spite of providing my phone number on three separate occasions. When I called to inquire about the status of my delivery I was informed that the driver had marked it that I was not home and that the delivery attempt had been made at 2:48 EST. I was also told that he had already returned to the warehouse. I called at 5:15 EST. the warehouse is more than three hours away from where the delivery was supposed to be made. Meaning that someone is lying.

Additionally, employees on the customer service line refused to provide their employee identification information or names. Upon further inquiry the description of the location the driver alleged to have gone does not match the delivery location. When I asked how this mistake was going to be corrected I was told there was nothing that could be done and that the earliest the delivery could be made would be in two weeks because they had to be sure the furniture was in stock. I am confused as to how you can have furniture on the delivery truck but not be sure if it’s in stock.

We then called the store where we purchased the furniture. The store manager told us that the earliest they could deliver would be this coming Monday. However, it would be an add on delivery with another 15 hour delivery window and no call ahead. This is not a solution. On top of spending $2700 with Rooms to Go you are asking for 30 hours of my time to correct the mistake made by the delivery driver and a company that fails to hold its employees accountable. I am highly dissatisfied and would appreciate immediate outreach from someone who can correct this mistake.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I received damaged sofa and then the replacement after a week was also damaged one which I did not take it for them to deliver another un-damaged sofa. Then nobody contacted me for a week, and when I called the store after a week, the store person said it is not their job anymore, you need to talk to customer care. The response from the store person was very rude and totally unprofessional. Now it is my headache to call customer care to get me one. This is not at all an experience which I will refer anybody for Rooms To Go.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms To Go?

Original review: July 9, 2018

I have been a long term customer of Rooms to Go products, and this is my complaint regarding the extended warranty option called: ForceField which is for 3 years from the date of purchase. My product which is a sofa, 2 love seats with a wedge in between. Year of purchase: 2016. Valid until: 2019. Reason for complaint: My dog whom I rescued 20 months back got desperate and ripped the left side of the wedge love seat - and the leather is torn, which needs to be fixed.

I called in the customer service representative and when I asked - she did confirm that I have the Forcefield and mentioned to me, that it covers only stains. Why? I strongly believe that when I take this warranty matter what - I should get a fix or replacement, irrespective of the type of damage else why do I need this BS Forcefield. This is total rip off and I feel I lost my monies in this. She is asking me to google and find out if someone will fix it for a price. My question is: Why in the freaking world should I search OR find, when I have invested in Rooms to Go product. I am totally pissed at this customer service response. Extremely bad!!! I can share images if needed??

Original review: July 9, 2018

Where do I begin? Finally settled on a mid-range leather living room set and went in to order it. "Oh, sorry, the 3rd piece will not be available for 7 weeks." We basically get the "there's nothing we can do" response. No one is empowered to do anything. We asked about subbing out a different chair - NO. Getting a discount on the shipping because we'd have to wait around a 2nd time for a delivery - NO. Asked to speak to the manager who showed us her iPad that the chair was sold out because it was on sale this week. As the customer my response is, "who cares???" Not my issue. Someone should have ordered more. Asked her what she could do and got a blank-eyed stare before she responded NOTHING. I guess they didn't need a two thousand dollar order.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Rooms to Go gave me a delivery schedule for July 3rd between the hours from 12pm to 4pm... I let my boss know that I will need to leave work around 11:30pm to be home to receive my delivery! I waited the entire time. No show so around 3pm I called the Rooms to go call Center to get some confirmation on when I would receive my delivery. They relayed to me that the delivery driver was running behind and that the window would now be before 6pm. I told her that this was unacceptable so she did give me half of the delivery fee back!! So now I’m still waiting & 6pm were fast approaching and the lady told me that the delivery driver would give me a call 30 minutes ahead of time when they are on their way.

I called the call center and the store where I purchased my items and now they tell me that the delivery window would now be 10pm and that the driver would be calling me when he were 30 minutes away. Well the only call I received was an voicemail saying that the delivery driver came out and no one was home. I was at home the entire time, the guy never showed up and no one tried to help me get this matter straight!! I lost 8 hours of work time at 18 dollars an hour! I am just appalled that no one at Rooms to Go cares enough to help me resolve this matter in an respectful manner. I am upset and angered by this because I donated all of my bedroom furniture to Habitat for Humanity and I’m now sleeping on the couch because of Rooms to Go negligence.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: July 1, 2018

Purchased hey Cindy Crawford Leather power reclining couch and rocker recliner loveseat in January 2017. Started noticing some mild squeaking which we use the old WD 40 trick. Did not help very much. So we tried again and then noticed a black powdery residue our carpet that has basically ruined the carpet. That squeaking continued until couple months ago when the mechanical issues became even more relevant. So I finally called the customer service department and they basically gave me a cordial TFB.

So then I contacted them live online and receive the same attitude. They informed me that my one-year warranty was up by a couple months and when I asked them to give me some direction on who they would recommend to even come look at it to repair they gave me the same attitude. Not helpful response. I understand it was a one year warranty but they could’ve been a little more helpful trying to keep me as a customer. Guess what. They didn’t. I will never go back there. Well if I do it maybe with the recliner through the front door. Cindy Crawford ought to be ashamed to be associated with Rooms to Go.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Last May we bought a power reclining sofa from Rooms to Go and two and a half weeks it stopped working. Called Rooms to Go and was told they would have a service rep out to us on Friday 6/22 which would be about a week and a half. Friday came and went with nobody showing up or even calling and when I did get hold of someone I was told... "Oh no we said Friday 6/29." Friday morning I get a call and was told they could not make it that day and they need to reschedule. I asked them to call with another time and they never contacted me again. Finally today I talked over the web with service and was told the soonest they could get someone out to check the problem would be July 17th or 20th. Really happy to take the money but not one person willing to help in service at all. Stay away from them at all costs...

Original review: June 26, 2018

After two days of delivery problems and staying at home waiting, (no phone calls) and not being able to talk to a person that knows what’s going on, I decided to just cancel the order instead of taking a third day off to wait all day. This cost me 24% of my item to cancel. They even want to steal more money for me when it’s their problem and bad business practices. I should’ve charged them for the time I took out to wait for this item. I don’t care, I don’t want the product. It will only remind me of the bad situation I had to endure with this company. I had just purchased a $3500 bedroom set for my granddaughter, never again. And now a small purchase causing this much of an issue.

I was mostly disturbed by the unprofessional and lack of caring attitude of all the staff that I spoke to at least six along the path of the loop de loop they put me through. The final person identified as a supervisor told me to end the conversation if I was done talking or discussing my issue with her and we could just hang up and she would cancel the order. Wow what professionalism. Never again will I buy from the store. I was not surprised by the low reviews I found on this website. At least I’m not the only one. Buyer beware. Looks good but it’s not!!! Terrible business practices! Absolutely no care or concern for the customer or the customer experience.

Original review: June 26, 2018

WHERE DO I GET STARTED?!? First, I will say that the workers in the store (despite the constant hover like buzzards over raw meat), were friendly while we completed our shopping. However, this isn't what this post is about. We ordered our furniture for the day we made our move into the apartment. I had no idea that the delivery could be scheduled for as early as 7 am (I was under the notion it would be 9 am earliest), in which we received our keys. Missed our scheduled delivery that we found out was at 7 am on a Friday, and was informed by many agents that the delivery drivers could swing by later in their deliveries since we lived so close to the distribution center.

After many calls to ensure that this would happen, and ensured every time that the manager would call us with further information, we received no call/info. Our last call revealed that the delivery people had completed their deliveries 2 hours previous, and of course with no call. We were then informed that we had to wait 48 hours for our order to be unlocked in order to even schedule another delivery. Nobody at the call center or store knew any further information, and despite all of the many calls, EVERY single manager stated there was absolutely nothing that could be done outside of waiting the 48 hours.

Assured Monday morning, we could reschedule, Monday morning rolls around... Account is not unlocked. Monday night comes around, order is FINALLY unlocked however the next available delivery time is THE FOLLOWING THURSDAY. An entire two weeks after our original delivery date. All with the response of nothing further could be done. So here we are without a couch, dining room table or rug for two weeks with absolutely nothing they can do (out of their hands supposedly) and no accommodations for an earlier delivery time.

The workers including the managers are EXTREMELY rude and even the workers even at points refused to transfer me to another worker or manager. Nobody whether at the store or call center give two craps about your issues, and no nothing about their own policies. I find this entire 48 hour lockout period, and the fact that not even a manager could override it to even allow a new delivery date ABSURD. The only way they claim to be able to communicate with delivery drivers is through email. RIDICULOUS!! OVERALL: I have absolutely hated this experience, and after this delivery I will NEVER order another ROOMS TO GO product again. Let's at least hope the order is correct when it arrives! I'd give this place ZERO stars if possible.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: June 24, 2018

Bought a sectional couch from the Jacksonville, FL store on 5/28. The earliest delivery date that was available when I was available was 6/16. I canceled my morning plans, moved my old furniture, and waited patiently for my couches. When the delivery arrived, one piece was wrong and the other was broken. An exchange was scheduled for 6/20. I explained that I was not available until after 3 pm that day. I told this to a representative on Saturday, on Monday, on Tuesday, and on Wednesday when the delivery person called me at 12:52 to tell me they were on their way.

I left work early and rushed home, as well as having my boyfriend leave work and rush to my house, but the delivery men left before we arrived. After speaking with multiple customer service people and finally returning to the store, a third delivery was scheduled for Saturday 6/23. I had plans to go to North Carolina on Friday, which I canceled to wait for my delivery. I waited for my delivery until I got a call from the store that I was going to be one of the last deliveries because my furniture was all the way in the back on the truck. The store manager offered to reschedule the delivery (for the fourth time) to the following Saturday 6/30. So I had changed my out of town plans for nothing.

As I was driving to North Carolina, I got a call around 11 am to tell me that my furniture would not be available until 7/15. I asked how that was possible if my furniture was on a truck today to be delivered to me today. She said that I could not have that furniture because it had to be checked back in to be delivered to the next customer. I asked if I wouldn’t be the next customer since I ordered mine on 5/28. Then I asked to cancel my order. She said I couldn’t do that. I asked to speak to her supervisor. She said I couldn’t speak to her supervisor and that the supervisor wouldn’t tell me anything different anyway. She did put me on hold and came back to tell me that I would have my furniture 6/30, but she did not have a time frame.

At no time was I ever offered any compensation. The store manager agreed to refund my delivery fee after I came into the store to speak to her (she was not available to speak to me on the phone even though I was waiting on hold for over 20 minutes) and I demanded it. After asking for additional compensation yesterday, I was offered $50 store credit. The couches cost me over $2000. I will never buy anything for Rooms To Go again, I have been telling everyone I know this story so that they will never buy anything from this company, and I am going to post this story as many places as I can so it reaches as many people as possible.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I submitted an order on June 6th, through the Internet, for Rooms to Go, for a desk, bookcase, and tv stand. Prior to and after submitting the order, email confirmation said 7-10 business days. I contacted customer service for a delivery date, which I was told they could not get any tracking information, since these items were coming from a different outside vendor. How do you advertise products and have ZERO insight to delivery information?

One order was finally delivered damaged, but the desk and bookcase did not arrive since it was on a different order. After 15 business days and more than 10 calls, numerous emails, dealing with rude associates, and responses from associates that did not care, Rooms to Go could not give me any information related to the order. Multiple times I was told someone would contact me, still no call. I have a home office and recently purchased a home and needed these items in place to start working.

Needless to say, I cancelled the order this morning and purchased the office furniture from another vendor. I had to start the entire process again, but refused to give Rooms to Go another dime. Rooms to Go internet sales has been the worst vendor I have ever dealt with. Because of this experience I will never shop Rooms to Go store or online sales again, which is unfortunate, since I have purchased so many things there in the past. Do not make the mistake I did ordering from internet sales.

Original review: June 22, 2018

We have purchased living room set, California king bedroom set and dining room set from Rooms to Go store on April 9, 2018. Two pieces of the living room were scheduled to be delivered on April 28, 2018 (coffee table and second side table). Order number is **, cost of the products purchased is $ 9363.78 and it was paid in full using my husband's credit card on April 6, 2018. We assumed all the products will be delivered as promised by sales rep Clint. Wrong size bed frame was delivered (King instead of Cal King) on April 9, 2018, wrong lamps were included in bedroom set and dresser was damaged during installation. Hence this whole set has to be returned to the store only after several discussions back and forth. The sales rep completely misled us by selling a wrong sized bed and they charged for return shipping. Several calls to the store and customer care were made to get this sorted.

Dining table and chairs were delivered on April 9, 2018. Chairs had to be repaired again from the store's repair team. This again required several calls to the customer care and the store. Wrong sofa set was delivered on 9 April 2018 and it was replaced with the correct one on 29 April, 2018. Coffee table and the second side table were delivered already damaged on 28 April, 2018 and we returned those right away. This was frustrating experience to go to a different store for replacement and we could not find anything we liked.

Customer care has confirmed us that they can deliver the selected pieces on June 19, 2018 (after 2 months). We have one side table in this set currently in our living room and the store canceled the outstanding deliveries on June 19, 2018, without notice. Store people are extremely rude and incapable of explanation. Customer care is unhelpful and we are stuck with partial order for living room. All the store managers we dealt with, George and Mark, have been transferred and it is impossible task to explain our problem to anyone. We are running around circles between customer care and the store to figure out what's happening and this is our last resort.

Original review: June 21, 2018

We purchased a Power Sofa and a Glider Sofa, leather totaling more than $3K. We initially waited 1 month for delivery and when it was delivered... It had a "box cutter" slash in the leather. And on the Glider Sofa, the left side was uneven. We called immediately and were given an exchange date 3 weeks later. The exchange delivery was a nightmare, the men did not cover their dirty shoes on my new hardwood floors, brought a dirty dollie and left roller marks on my floor. The man told me that it's just dirt/dust it will come off when I clean them. Needless to say, the replacement furniture came BROKEN, the power sofa made a horrible noise and didn't work. I asked the delivery man to leave the "cut" sofa and he said he couldn't do this because he already opened it in my house. This was unacceptable for me!

I immediately called Customer Service and the lady asked why he didn't just leave it and I told her he wouldn't. She agreed to make an "Exchange" appt. Geez, here we are again... I am so disgusted that I want to just cancel and get my $ back. I am sitting here looking at my sofa with the feet in the upwards position (It doesn't work). Could this start a fire? I just called the Greenville SC store where I purchased and spoke with Assistant Manager to see if they can just pick up the furniture. Waiting on a return call. Will update...

Original review: June 19, 2018

I purchased a Sofia Vergara Monaco Court Charcoal Sofa and soon after I received it, I noticed something would itch. I started seeing a bunch of the stuffing coming out of the material of the couch. I am still paying for it, unfortunately, but for as much as I purchased it for I would have expected better quality.

Resolution response: July 7, 2018

Rooms To Go corporate customer service was very easy to work with. They resolved my issue and did it in a way I didn't have to work with the store manager. I would recommend that if you have issues like I did go to them. They were easy to work with. I would now recommend them and not let one bad apple stope me from shopping with them again.

Original review: June 16, 2018

The store manager Mick ** of Mobile Al store, was very rude to me and my wife. He treated us like we were both idiots and said he didn't care if ever shopped there again. It was unfortunate that we had paid cash for our recent purchases. If he is an example of RTG management, STAY AWAY!! If the request I was trying to complete had been explained to us correctly, I would not have had to deal with this not customer person. I still have other furniture needs and I will not be using RTG thanks to Mick.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I got 2 sofas and the tech came to the house and did not try and told me he could not clean them. I spoke to Andria from 18008635479 and she was rude and nasty. She told me going to the Business Bureau was my choice and she can't help me. I have stains on my sofas and I paid for a cleaning plan. Why? she was such a **. Help me Rooms to Go.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Bedroom furniture was ordered for my daughter on 05/11/18. Was told delivery would be 05/15/18 anytime between 7 am and 6 pm. After staying home all day, the delivery arrived with both pieces cracked and broken. The drivers said they would note the merchandise was damaged and have new furniture delivered. Days went by and no word from RTG. I finally called back on 05/22/18 to check on the status and was told the delivery department does not communicate with customer service; therefore they would have no idea the merchandise was damaged and needed to be re-delivered had I not called while RTG had my payment in full of $1600.00+! They gave 05/29/18 as a second delivery date, and told someone had to be home from 12 - 4 p.m. After staying home during that time period, the delivery arrived and was damaged again for a second time!

Customer service said the next delivery would be mid June! I contacted the store manager in Myrtle Beach Bob ** regarding the poor customer service, who basically stated there was nothing he could do. I asked he make arrangements for an earlier delivery date as they had received my money weeks earlier and I was still without the bedroom furniture I ordered and that the furniture be inspected PRIOR to the third delivery to ensure it was not broken or damaged. Mr. ** did just as I asked and the next delivery was June 5th. On the third attempt, the undamaged furniture was finally delivered.

I contacted customer service for compensation as suggested by a RTG representative named "Jamilla" on 05/15/18. I asked to speak with someone who had the authority to resolve this situation by providing compensation for the lost work time wasted waiting for the delivery of broken furniture and the inconvenience of having to be available for the same delivery for three separate days in the amount of $285.00 and was told by another customer service rep they would only give $25 refund or $50 store credit. I spoke with supervisor "Savon" who stated they would only refund delivery charge of $89.98 and nothing else. I asked to speak with someone who had the authority to resolve this situation with proper compensation being I was being told different things by different employees, and he said he had the authority, but would not consider what I was asking.

I asked for his manager, Karen **. In speaking with her, she also refused to give proper compensation for the 19 hours over three separate delivery days wasted. After informing her I would NEVER EVER shop with RTG again, she became very condescending on the phone and didn't care RTG lost another customer! I asked for her boss' name and number, which she refused to provide beyond the "presidential department" and the RTG website. With little to no help from customer service, I have since written numerous emails to the CEO/president Jeffrey Seaman and other executives for RTG & continue to use social media to forewarn other potential victims [aka customers]. The lack of professionalism and treatment I received from RTG customer care center is just beyond words. Save yourself the frustration and do business with a company that actually cares about its customers!

Original review: June 6, 2018

Rooms to Go company delivered my living room furniture 6 weeks ago. The 2 table lamps and both end tables were damaged. 6 weeks later they finally bring my replacements of the damaged furniture. They ran over and destroyed my new $65 mailbox and post. While unwrapping the table lamp shade I found that the shade had a dent in it. Rooms to Go is sending me a new shade in the mail they said. They haven’t called about my mailbox. They said it could take 3 to 5 business days. I have bought a house full of furniture from them but no more. I’m done with them.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I purchased a new bedroom set from Rooms to Go and waited 2 weeks for it to be delivered. When it did arrive the mirror for my bedroom was not put on the delivery truck. Now I have to wait another two weeks for my delivery that was Rooms to Go fault in the first place. There are a lot of furniture companies available and with customer service that they offer, I shall never buy any furniture from this company again.

Original review: June 1, 2018

The so-called leather fell apart and muscle to push back the hassock came with the recliner and also fell apart. I wound up giving it to a person in need.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I am about to have my first baby and scoured so many businesses for the best glider/recliner. I thought I found my match at Rooms to Go and am so upset, I feel like I've been had. I spent more than 500$ on this chair, and sat in it twice just to test it out when they brought it and another time to admire the nursery. Well I'm due in 1 week and came to sit in it only to find my breastfeeding chair is off kilter, making noise with each rock, and will no longer recline all the way. After 2 sits?!? What a terrible chair, I can't even use it for its intended purpose. I haven't even cut the tag off and it's already trash. Way to ruin this new mom's budget and bonding Rooms to Go. Wish I had looked up reviews before going with this company. But I will be sure to spread the word everywhere I can.

Original review: May 30, 2018

When I purchased this recliner it was great at first, but started squeaking and has been ever since! I’ve done everything possible, from oiling, greasing and waxing, but nothing worked! And as the fabric goes, it didn’t last six months!

Original review: May 29, 2018

I purchased a living room set and kitchen set from RTG in Oct 2015. In the first quarter of 2016, I had to have them come out because the backing in my couch was coming up, and the chairs that accompanied my kitchen set were shaky and needed to be tighten up. They did that, but shortly after my warranty ran out later that year they started to do the same thing again, especially my kitchen chairs and tables. I called RTG and they said I needed to contact a furniture repair person, because there was nothing they could do.

I called them again earlier this month 5/2018 when the marble tab top to my kitchen table almost fell off and hit my son's foot. Not only was the table top wobbly and shaky, all my kitchen chairs had to be re-screwed, one screw in the middle of a chair was completely missing and two of the chairs don’t even touch the floor. They are uneven. I called and spoke to the manager, who said there was nothing they could do. I should have gotten the extended warranty and for me to call the customer service line.

I noticed that when we looked at the bottom of the furniture it said inspected June 2015, but it hasn’t even been a full 3 years and my furniture is already falling apart. I paid good money for this furniture, and paid it off early, so for them to sell me garage and not want to correct the mistake, really frustrates me. I left a message for the customer service department to call me back, because they had a large volume of calls, and I emailed them as well. To date I haven’t heard from them. I don’t know what else to do outside of filing this complaint, or if I need to speak to a legal representative to see what else needs to be done, but their level of nastiness and lack of concern is frustrating.

Original review: May 27, 2018

In the past 5 months, I have spent nearly $3,000 with Rooms To Go. My first purchase went very well, so when I needed additional furniture, I returned. My second (and last) experience was horrendous. I purchased a day bed and television console for our new home, each with a different delivery date due to availability, which I understand. My TV console arrived with my MIL there to receive it. I get a call from the delivery man that the feet of the console were sent incorrectly, and I needed to call customer service to get the correct pieces sent.

I spoke to CS, and the guy told me that he would have to submit a request for the pieces, and if available, would take 3-5 days to receive. If not available, up to 90 days! But for me to know, I would need to follow up with them to check the status. NOT MY RESPONSIBILITY! And they had no way of contacting the distributor to check the status of part availability. Luckily, UPS sent me an email saying that parts were being sent... not RTG. This is not good customer service.

My daybed was scheduled for delivery for a certain date when I purchased it at the showroom. I never received an AUTOMATED phone call to “confirm” the delivery time window, so with my busy work schedule, I assumed there was a delay. I missed a call at work that the delivery man was at my house and no one there. Of course not, if I did not receive a confirmation of time. I call CS to get it resolved. She needed to contact the dispatch office, who would need to EMAIL the manager, who would get in contact with the driver to see if it would be possible for him to come back, but could only do so if someone was present at the residence now. I’m not going to have someone go to my house, sit there to “hopefully” have them come if they can.

The CS lady told me they could only reach out to the driver if someone was there. Seems a bit backwards of a process. 3 hours of waiting later, I call back to check on the status, and the driver is unable to return to my residence this day. If I would have had someone go to my house and wait, for me to find out this news, I would have really been even more upset. The CS woman then tells me I must call back after 48 hours to reschedule my delivery. I was livid. They are doing nothing to help me at all. I ask to speak to a manager, who was conveniently unavailable, but managed to “remove” the 48-hour window to reschedule.

My daybed arrives a week later, and it is damaged! A huge tear on the side of the bed. And there are pieces/bolts/screws missing, and in the picture below, there are brackets on the front... for what reason I do not know. I, again, call CS to resolve. No help, other than to reschedule another delivery of the part damaged. I ask to speak to a manager again to compensate me for all the troubles. The manager tells me that they have already taken $100 off the delivery fee, and that’s all they can do. I was not aware of the delivery fee being reduced, but that is still not enough. He then says he can offer a $75 in store credit... I will not be taking as I will never shop here again. I explain to him my troubles and that I am very dissatisfied. All he can do is say “I understand your problems but unfortunately this is policy”. Well you will not have a returning customer out of me again! I am still waiting for the delivery of the replacement parts.

I look online today, and my daybed is on sale $300 cheaper than what I paid for it. I want a price adjustment for my 4 week ordeal and lack of customer service. The showroom people are great, but the call center and customer service is HORRIBLE. They are not rude, but the companies policies and customer retention is ridiculous! Do not ever shop at Rooms To Go!

Original review: May 26, 2018

I spent over 4,000 dollars on brand new furniture. Unfortunately, they tried give me a 300 dollar delivery fee. I said no! Not only did I have to go pick up everything to avoid that fee, but I just noticed I’m missing parts and screws for my headboard. My salesman was great, but Rooms to Go is not for the customers. Lesson Learned! Never again.

Original review: May 22, 2018

We purchased a 6 piece sectional sofa, sold to us as leather, for one of our homes. LEATHER??? Not a chance. The sofa, MADE IN CHINA, began peeling after 2 years, it appears to be some kind of spray on plastic mixture. That purchase was our first and DEFINITELY OUR LAST from RTG. Any celebrity promotion the crap that RTG sells us a celebrity I will NEVER support in any way. I will attempt to attach a photo.

Original review: May 22, 2018

We were intrigued by the interest free financing at Rooms to Go because we had just purchased a house so that our kids could have a place to live. Medical bills have pushed them into significant debt. Upon choosing bed furniture and mattresses so there was a place to sleep we were denied instant credit. Quite unique since we have outstanding credit. Now we can't get this furniture delivered until we get the 'plastic card' in our possession unlike the next person in line who may qualify for instant credit and could be sleeping on their beds right now.

Scenario: My theory... in Synchrony Bank/Rooms To Go credit department someone has come up with the idea that if a person has the means to pay for their purchase then their credit application process gets flagged and the process becomes purposely difficult so that the purchaser (me) throws up his/her hands and says "oh well I will pay cash". Sale complete! And they have all their money up front. Neat and tidy.

In the meantime, in my opinion, another customer who has "OK" credit and DOES qualify gets instant credit. Here lies the plan... That person (with just average means) may have a hiccup later on down the road and miss a payment, then Synchrony Bank is poised to slap on the interest to that account with a missed payment and probably collects high interest for the duration of the debt which will most likely be the 5 years advertised on the interest free financing plan. Who wins here??? Synchrony Bank! In my heart of hearts, I truly believe this to be the case.

In the meantime, there are no beds in our house... 7 days out and no plastic card in sight. We will cancel the order and move on to another vendor. No one at the Synchrony Bank credit card customer service could help us. We have an approved credit card with Synchrony Bank for the Rooms to Go order but were refused help to move the process along and so that we could get the beds. They have the account, the number and all the means to contact Rooms to Go and say, "Ok we can approve this order, but hey no I must have the "plastic" card." And from reading the Rooms to Go product horror stories, maybe someone is watching over us.

Rooms to Go Company Information