Rooms to Go

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was totally satisfied with the sales and support. There was a few problems with delivery but nothing I haven't experienced with other furniture. I had a loose back on a recliner. They fixed it once then replaced it. The problem came when after a year of treating the leather weekly with their conditioner the color started to lighten in one area of the couch. It was on the top of a wedge piece. No one sits or even touches this piece.

I called customer service who gave me another number to call. The number they gave me goes to some entity I don't know and they did not identify themselves. I thought it was another part of RTG but I was wrong. I was told that since the furniture was over a year old (15 months to be exact) that they only cover cracking and that's it. Talked to store and got the same thing. I guess you're ok for 12 months then you're SOL. I have friends and family that have purchased from just about every furniture store and in every price range and there always is some sort of problem. From very high end to the all the furniture you can carry for $100.00. I have about 6 grand in this furniture and no idea of what or where to go. I will need to find a local restorer.

Delivery time was a terrible experience with Rooms to Go. My delivery was schedule between 8 am to 12 noon. I received a call from the driver at 7:22 am stated, "I am in front of the house." I replied and said that I thought the delivery was between 8 am until 12 noon, and I told, "I won't be able to make it until 8:30." The driver replied, "I cannot stay for that long. Please here this number. Call the dispatch center."

I called the dispatch center. A rude lady answer the phone stated, "Someone will call you back if the driver decided to come back." I waited for about 1 hour, I never received a call from the dispatch center. I found the driver number. I called him. I said, "To whom the delivery was scheduled from 8 am to 12 noon. Why did you show up before the scheduled time?" The driver replied, "We don't go by the scheduled." He went on to say, "I am in this area. I will call an hour ahead." I said, "Okay."

I waited for about 5 hours. I never received a call from the driver. I called him around 1:45 pm. He said to me, "I am on my way to your house now and I will be there in 5mins." I replied, "You are on your way. Why didn't you call me just like you said you told me you'll do?" He said, "I don't have to call you." I said, "You have to give 15 minutes to get there." He said "Okay."

I left my old place went to the new place. The driver was nowhere to be found. I called the driver cell phone. He silent his phone. I called the dispatch center. This rude lady answer the phone tell me the driver was at the house and left because I was not there. She went on to say, "Here the number customer service, call them."

I called customer service. I spoke with Josh who told me a bunch of lie such as what they said, he said that he called me an hour ahead of which I prove that he didn't call my number because I have missed from him. Now Josh told me I have to wait 48hrs for all the furniture to get offload and check out and that's when he'll be able to call me to give a new delivery date.

This is one of my worst experience, if I had done my research I would have known that Rooms to Go is one the worst company when to customer service and delivery. Now I realized why they only have one star with over 1500 consumer complaints with the same type of problem, I will never do business with Rooms to Go or referred them to families or friends.

Worst possible non existent customer service, horrible horrible horrible. They cannot even communicate with their customers or their own people. Customer service line was on hold for 30 minutes. Their callback feature didnt work they never called me back. They texted me 3 days prior and set a delivery date which they told me day of delivery they couldnt make it as the truck was loaded backward. They hire third party employees to build and deliver the furniture. DO NOT buy from these scam artists. Worst worst worst.

I am so aggravated as I'm looking for a class action suit against RTG for "deceptive" sales practices & useless "warranty" which I bought in addition to over and above $1900+ for a couch & loveseat. Went to RTG and told my salesperson I only wanted "leather". He directed me to the set called Bristol. I purchased couch & loveseat in December, 2013 - within 6 weeks started showing "discoloration" or "staining" (cream colored). I called the sent repairman who stated "not to wear jeans or dark colors as it's the coloring transfer". **! So what do I do ask people to take their pants off to sit on furniture OR cover with sheets??? After months of demanding satisfaction I contacted our local news station (investigative reporter) and within 3 weeks couches were replaced after 6 months of frustration!

All was well & 9 months later - they started "peeling" & cracking! Bare spots. I called and was told this was NOT a warranty issue... WHAT! Fast forward months of calling & falling on deaf ears. I went into store and demanded satisfaction. My original salesperson was no longer there but manager said "we are offering discount on new set via store credit based on wear /age".

Fast forward: Now 1 year has passed trying to resolve this issue. (At that time they were less than 3 years old) - and they are "embarrassing" to have these defective pieces in my home BUT why should I absorb a $1500 LOSS when they sold Defective merchandise (and they knew it. My salesperson even gave me bottles of leather cleaner to keep them clean. Hmmm wouldn't you as a consumer think they were leather! ).

Contacting the CS dept. is a nightmare - 4 months pass RTG sends me email they will offer me $400/store credit towards another purchase (from RTG) BUT The offer was only good for 60 days! No other offer would be given after this - one time offer. I read not only RTG but Kane's, Ashley, etc. all sold these pieces as leather & were made whole by manufacturer! What about the consumer??? Right now they are almost "thread bare". it makes me sick BUT I'm feeling why did I buy extended warranty, and WHY should I be out $1500+ and I don't want to ever get another piece of furniture from them! Who would trust it! If anyone knows of a class action suit please post. If not I'm filing a civil action against them, it's just NOT right... it's downright "consumer ripoff".

We purchased 2 Leggett & Platt adjustable beds in June 2015 from Rooms to Go. The beds have broken under normal use 3 times in the first 18 mos since we purchased them. Within 6 mos of purchase the housing on one of the beds broke. Within 13 mos of purchase the housing on the same bed broke again. Within 18 mos of purchase the housing on the other bed broke. The housing is made of cheap plastic and has a tab that breaks easily when getting in and out of the bed. We are normal sized people and don't have small children jumping on the beds or misusing them. We have lived in the same house so they have not been moved from the location they were delivered to since we purchased them. As a matter of fact, we have set the adjustments in our favorite spot and leave them there 95% of the time.

One of the beds also squeaks loudly when getting in and out of it. This is caused by a faulty support arm which we are now having to repair. There is a 1 yr full warranty, and partial warranty from then on. Needless to say we have had to pay for the last 2 repairs and the upcoming repair to the support arm. The workmanship is very shoddy and from what I have gathered there are a lot of complaints with broken housing and support arms that cause the bed to squeak loudly. Neither Rooms to Go or Leggett and Platt are concerned with our issues. They will not do anything outside of the warranty to correct the situation even though they are aware that the issues are very common. I would recommend that you purchase your adjustable bed from another retailer and manufacturer. BUYER BEWARE!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms To Go?

When delivering a mattress, their truck hit our mailbox, causing damage to the post and box, which is bent to the point where the door will not close. After emailing photos, my claim was denied. I contacted them again and was offered $40. My response was that amount was not adequate. They then "further" investigated the claim (without me providing any new information) and offered $50, though I was requesting $100. I was given an ultimatum to accept the $50 offer that day or my claim would be denied and cancelled.

I refused. I waited a couple of days and called the claims rep again, reiterating my displeasure with their offer. That was passed along to someone in the "presidential office" who said the $50 was fair. I filed a complaint with the BBB, and then the offer was made for $100. I responded that, due I time spent on this matter, and that I was requesting an amount to pay for the new box, post, and labor the amount I am requesting is $200. I had tried to be reasonable, but they have fought me all the way. I was not planning on replacing my mailbox, but now it has been damaged and requires it. They should pay for the damage they caused.

Purchased living room set but had to wait 2 weeks to get it delivered. Customer Service called me 5 times to confirm Thursday, 10-2 delivery date/time. We'll it's 2:45 and still no furniture! I had to call Customer Service myself to find out the delivery time had been pushed back to 12-4 pm. WTF? 5 phone calls to say it would be here, but not 1 saying it would be late. I could have gone to work at least 1/2 day rather than sitting here waiting on them. It's not looking good. Don't think I'll be purchasing from Rooms to Go ever again and I won't recommend them to anyone either.

We purchased a Swivel Gliding Rocker ($777) which was delivered Aug 17, 2016 - less than 6 months ago. The "leather" on the headrest is coming off, and the seam on the right side of the seat is coming apart. I called customer service to explain what the issues were. I was told a tech would need to come out to look at it, and then it would be either repaired or replaced. I told Courney (she said she was a senior supervisor) that neither option was acceptable - I wanted credit, even store credit would be fine. She informed me that since it was still under warranty, those were my only 2 options (and of course once it's out of warranty, you're stuck...). I really don't want it replaced just to have the same issues come up again in less than 6 months. I can say for sure that we will not be purchasing anything further from RTG. Very disappointed.

Disappointed in Rooms to Go Customer Service. The cocktail table I purchased from Rooms to Go was defective with a chip in the frame and glass also had some scratches. The representative who came in to review the item agreed that it looked like a manufacturing mistake and since I had recently purchased the item they will be able to replace the item. 3 days later I got a call from their customer service that this does not looks like a manufacturing defect. I don't understand what they will call a manufacturing defect for a table that only has a stand and a glass top. Everyone be very careful when you buy anything from Rooms to Go. Never waste your money to buy their warranty. This is the 2nd time I had a bad experience with bad customer service from Rooms to Go. Luckily there is Nebraska Mart that opened in my city. I am never going to buy another furniture from Rooms to Go.

My experience in the store was great, the delivery time was not kept as promised. I was suppose to receive my furniture on the 23 of January and then was told it was loaded on the 23rd on the I-95. Truck would deliver on the 27th. Not told about the 27th. I was given 12-5 pm time frame. When the furniture arrived the legs for my dining room table was not on the truck, they loaded a brown sofa with black cushions. I paid over $230.00 for delivery and to this date I have not received what I paid for.

So my delivery was not fulfill at all. I have chairs to a table that is still in the box on the floors. I have a love seat which only seats two people for a family of six. This Rooms to Go company needs to be investigated at their practices, against customers who trust their contract to deliver what was purchased and that set is as they promised. Beware of this company and their lack of commitment to the customers they sell to. Bait and switch is a lie and this company will never get my business again, or recommendation. When I called customer service which is per customer care person, I could not speak to anyone that could give me any help. I have no idea when my items will be delivered to this date 1/29/2017.

Purchased a mattress with an adjustable base from RTG. My husband used a vacation day from work on the day of delivery. The truck arrived after 7 p.m. (Rental truck, not a RTG truck). They apparently contract delivery drivers. Two young guys knocked on the door and said.. "We have bad news for you!" I thought they were joking. They then said that "The truck got wet (due to it had rained earlier that day), and your bed may have gotten wet." I said to them... "Isn't everything wrapped in plastic and boxed?" They told me that since it's an adjustable base, they would not trust it. They didn't even pull it out of the truck! They got back into their truck and drove away. My husband and I were sort of dumbfounded. Of course our old bed was totally disassembled, because we had to accommodate for the adjustable base, so we had no bed to sleep in that night.

We called customer service, and they said that it would be taken care of, so my husband used another vacation day the very next day. He called the next morning as soon as customer service hours opened. The bed WAS NOT put on the truck to be delivered that day they said. They could not schedule another delivery date for another week we were told. My husband was furious! After calling and complaining all morning to a rude customer service rep, the manager from the shipping department called us (very nice man named Aaron), he begged one of the RTG drivers to deliver the bed to us that day. The driver did! That driver told us that the two delivery guys from the night before probably just didn't feel like setting everything up since it was after 7 p.m. when they showed up. Frustrating to say the least.

Well it gets better! The mattress we got was not compatible with the base. It was hard, way too stiff and rigid to conform to the base to adjust properly. (Nothing at all like in showroom). We called customer service, they said that a service tech would have to come out, only that would not be for another 2 wks. Called sales person, and he said that the mattress must have a defect. We were able to get a service tech out in 1 week instead. Customer service called a few days later to say that we could go pick out another mattress at equal or lesser value from the same store, so here we were back to square one again picking out a mattress. We went to the store to look for another one that very evening, only to learn that the mattresses were no longer on sale, so that meant that we had to spend more money, so we left from the store that night upset to say the least.

I called and spoke to the store manager, asked if they would just take back the base also, since we bought a package deal, and he told me that there's not a big enough profit margin on the base, only on the mattress. WHAT? Not my fault! Also, when I asked why were we sold a Therapedic mattress with a cheap Serta base, (because we were misled by the salesman on that), the store manager said to me... "It's like when you buy a car you get different brand tires". Okay I said, "Well no one is sold a car with tires that are not compatible and then told that they have to buy a more expensive car to go with the tires!" Crazy talk! Dealing with the store manager was worst than dealing with a used car salesman! For lack of better words, he was very rude and arrogant! He even raised his voice to me!

We demanded our money back, but were told NO REFUNDS! (Meanwhile I have been sleeping on the sofa for the past week or so). RTG does not even show you what you're signing at the time of your purchase. I was told to sign electronically (on a computer) for the delivery, the salesman said! Long story short, They took back the base too, only after we threatened to get an attorney. My husband went back to the store again the next morning, my nerves couldn't take it, so he went alone. He ended up having to pay more money . Now we have spent $4,000 for a reg mattress and box spring.

Oh, by the way customer service said that they were giving us a $100 credit for our inconvenience with the delivery, and for having to take 2 vacation days from work, and that we would not have to pay the $49.99 delivery fee again. Well they lied! My husband was told that they couldn't give him the credit in the store when he went back, that a check to us was already in the mail from customer service, and they charged him another delivery fee too! It's now over one month later, and we haven't seen that check as of yet. When I call, they tell me it's in the mail, and that the delivery fee will be credited to my husband's card that he paid with. Yeah right! We'll probably never see that $100 check or the credit for the second delivery charge!

Bottom line, RTG has a HORRIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICE, and DOES NOT care at all about their customers! Only about their profits! The whole situation was crazy madness! Lessons learned... We will NEVER again make a purchase from Rooms To Go, nor will our family and friends!

I purchased a canopy bed, dresser, and two nightstands. Delivery = 1 man smoking right at my front door, left yard with trash still there, furniture has scratches, had to supply workers with step ladders to put my bed together. Dresser and nightstands still had tags left on them. My dresser has screws falling out of it. The workers left so fast I never had the chance to look over the bed. When I did that's whenever I found all these scratches. Called and set up an appointment to get replacement pieces. There was supposed to be here between 3 and 7. Got a phone call saying it would be more towards 8. 8 came and went, 9 came and went 10 came and went. We put mattress back together and went to bed.

10:30pm I got a call stating my delivery was on its way. I told him no. I have children sleeping. His reply - in the bed that we have to work on. I stated No I have children asleep period. Wow would think someone would allow you to deliver at 10:30-11pm at night. So I took off from my work and wasted my day for nothing. When I called to complain they just said "I'm sorry when would you like to reschedule." More time off work. 6 days later is the appointment. Don't know how it will turn out. They gave me a $50 off my next purchase. What in the world makes you think I'm going to purchase from you again. Never never again.

I am very disappointed with RTG. I have spent a great amount of money for their furniture and they do not stand behind their products or appreciate their customers. I bought a dining room set and within a month, the screws fell out of the chairs. When the guy came out to fix them he said that they may fall out again (which they did) and I would have to buy larger screws. Now I can feel the screws poke through when I am sitting in the chairs. I also got leather furniture that recline and the screws fell out of them too. When I called customer service to see if they could sent someone out to fix the couch, they said that it is past a year and there is nothing they can do. They can stop making cheap furniture!

Now I have a couch with a middle section that tips over if you sit on it, which not very safe. Obviously they are not concerned about the safety of the consumers. The leather is also discolored in some spots, which makes me wonder if it is real leather. I have learned my lesson and I will not be purchasing any more furniture from RTG and I will not recommend them either. If you don't mind RTG's shady practices of doing business, being charged high prices for poor quality, and lack of concern for consumer safety then this would be the ideal place to go. Otherwise, I would stay away from shopping at RTG.

My in-store experience was nothing compared to the delivery and customer care service I experienced today. I received my 1st portion of my furniture a week ago which the delivery time from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm. Unfortunately, the customer care rep called to advise that the delivery time could be from 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm. As for today, I was totally disappointed! The furniture came, but the driver/delivery guy refused to put the TV console together. He said that is not what he was paid to do and he was not getting paid for overtime. As he continued bringing in the other furniture, I contacted customer care, and they were able to get through to a dispatcher who advised the driver/delivery guy to assemble the TV console.

The driver/delivery man put together the console and left out the shelves, the glass and some wooden part that I had no idea where it goes. When I asked him about it, he said that he is not getting paid overtime, to put the TV console together and he had to leave. I immediately contacted the customer care office again and talked a lady who stated that if the TV console was one that could be adjusted then driver/delivery guy was correct. I then asked to speak to a manager, and she stated that he is just going to tell me the same thing. I then told the lady that I did not ask for any lip service and to please get me to a manager.

A man by the name of Josh ** came on the line and advised that he was the supervisor. I then asked him if he was aware of why I was asking for a manager and he responds yes. He then proceeded to tell me that the driver/delivery man was only supposed to assemble a portion of the TV console. I then asked for someone higher, and he said NO! He suggested that I contact customer care to speak with another manager, but he was not going to transfer me any further.

I then called the actual "Rooms to Go" Store (Baybrook area) and spoke with Judy/Manager who offered to have someone come back out on Friday to assemble the furniture. I let her know that I stayed home from work to get this taken care of today and not Friday. She said someone would be calling me back to discuss the matter further to get this resolved. Unbeknown to me, when my husband arrived home, he stated that there was trash all over the yard and called the local store to complain.

I went into my local store to purchase a couch for my niece because she lost the same couch in the Great Flood in Louisiana. She is still currently making payments on her couch so for a Christmas present I went and purchased the same couch for cash. I was forced to pick a delivery date in the store which I did. First delivery date no one EVER called me and when I stopped my day to call them they made up some lie about not having the correct number to call and they said they "tried" to deliver it but no one was home which was a lie because someone was home all day.

Next delivery date was suppose to be for today. I picked the ONLY day my niece was off and they scheduled the time frame. She went an hour early just in case to a house they aren't even back into fully living yet because they are still rebuilding the home and the inside isn't quite finished. A few hours later they call her and lie again with some BS excuse on why they can't make it in the time frame they FORCED her to take and stated they could deliver it 6-7 hours later. She was NOT nor no one else would sit in a house with nothing lights for well over 10 hours waiting late at night for some random delivery drivers when she was by herself!

I personally called and spoke to a manager Yvette who was suppose to call me back after she spoke to the "Delivery Manager". 4 1/2 hours later I had to call her and she still NEVERTHELESS spoke to them. She claimed she emailed and left them a message but never spoke to them. I asked what's a number so I can call them and she refused to give it out. She said, "I can see the delivery people are in..." and she stated the town I live in so great! Get them on the phone and I own a big truck I will go get the couch I purchased myself. She stated, "Call the number back they called you from because I can't give any extensions out."

I so tried doing that and guess what? It's the main line to Rooms To Go and "conveniently" she gets off at 7pm my time CST her time at 8pm EST and it was 5 minutes left until that time. All she did was piss me off and get me off her phone so she can leave for the night! I am beyond LIVID and want the public to know how Rooms TO GO and delivery people TREAT customers and especially how they treat someone who lost their home and every single belonging they owned during the flood. I will take my time and write a review on every site I know to bash their incompetency because they are the absolute WORST!

Yesterday I went to Rooms To Go as my husband and I just moved from Michigan to North Carolina. We purchased a 3 bedroom home and all we have with us is what would fit in van. So we are looking to purchase a lot of furniture. As we entered to store we're greeted by a salesperson. She asked what we were looking for. We replied dining room set. She well "Did you look online?" Said "They are placed all over store. Just look." And walked away. Why I stayed is beyond me so we looked. Didn't find what I was looking for. Saw a sale flyer, looked at it, asked another employee where this was. He said "We don't have it on floor. Just buy it, take it home and if you don't like it bring it back." Seriously... So today we will be going to a store whose employees will be happy to help and I will NEVER go to Rooms to Go again...

I purchased a bedroom set, with two nightstands, and the tall dresser. I came to the store 24 hours later to cancel my order which I had paid cash money for and the manager in the office with an attitude said that they cannot give me cash money for it, that I will receive a check via the mail. I got upset because that was not inform to me when I purchased the bedroom set. I paid almost $1,800 and now my fear is I don't receive my check. I don't recommend no one to purchase at Rooms to Go. Their customer service is horrible and their furniture is overpriced. What a horrible experience!

Horrible experience with customer service. Delivery arrived 2 hours late and they could not deliver because it was raining. Then it went back to warehouse and scanned back into inventory. Now they have no sofa for me because it was sold to someone else, even though I had one on the truck for them to deliver. On top of that, no one at that store or customer service calls me back, not even the sales rep who said she would research and call me. They all avoid me. I wish I would have read reviews online and if I were not in another state from my condo would get a refund and go to Ashley Furniture. Horrible experience!

I purchased a sofa and chair from Rooms to Go in April 20, 2015, supposedly American made. They were both leather. By Dec 2015, the finish started coming off the sofa. I took a picture of it and went back to the store where I purchased it. The first gentleman I spoke with assured we Rooms to Go would replace the sofa since it appeared to be defective. We went back to the office where the lady was whom I purchased the set from. She assured me they would take care of it.

A couple of weeks later I got a call that a person would be by to look at the sofa. Well he came by alright and he had his dye kit that he opened up and proceeded to brush this on the places where the color was coming off. I asked him if this would work and he assured me it would. The sofa and chair were brown and the places where the color was coming orange. The color continued to come off and now I have a sofa and chair that has orange places all over it. On the arms, footrests, the back and seat. Oh yes, this American made sofa has a tag on it that says "Made IN China". Rooms to Go refuses to do anything about this. If I could give them no stars I would. I will never buy anything else from them and would advise others to do likewise.

From the time we made our first purchase with Rooms To Go our service has been terrible, specifically with their billing and customer service. Well, it's now moved to the store level. A few months ago, we purchased a simple $199 beige rug and a bench. The salesman entered the order for a gray rug that cost twice as much. We caught the error, and he apologized and said that we would receive the correct rug and correct the cost, and that we had to go to the store to make things right. We have since received the correct rug but are still being charged the incorrect cost.

When contacting their customer service NUMBERS (the right side of the body does not know what the left side of the body does) I was told the only way was to go to the store, talk with the salesman who messed up the order in the first place (again) to make the correction on the bill, which was less than the bad rug but still more than what we originally ordered. Sheesh! I am now convinced that he did this for earning more commission on our account. I do not trust them to do anything right anymore and propose a class-action lawsuit.

I bought these two accent chairs on Feb 2016. I love the look of the chair. Nobody is allowed to seat there because is for decoration purposes and because is fabric we use or sectional black leather sofa. Well I placed the chair in my formal living room, like I said nobody sits there ever. During Christmas time, December 3 I was moving the chair to put my Christmas tree. My daughter Sat on one of the chairs and broke. She weighs 100 pounds. My husband turned the chair over, removed the fabric to discover that one of the wood used as a frame base, was a very cheap kind of wood and broke because had knots. It's sad to know the furniture industry is full of scammers. They should be ashamed. Luckily, my husband had a good quality piece of wood and in less than 30 min he was able to replace to wood. We will have to do the same to the other chair before we have another accident. Shame on you Rooms to GO down.

Arrived 1.5 hours after my suggested delivery window. More than half my order damaged. I had to call to ensure an exchange, and no one seemed to care. I have spent a total of 3 hours on the phone or in a chat window trying to get non-damaged furniture delivered to my house, and I'm still not sure that it's going to happen. I ordered a sectional couch, fabric protection, and a 5 piece bedroom set in mid-December. It was scheduled between 2 pm-6 pm on December 23rd to be delivered. At 5:56 pm on the 23rd, I hadn't heard anything about delivery so I called the customer service line who said that they couldn't help me with the time, but that the dispatch center would call me back. After 6 pm, I received a call from dispatch that my new window would be from 6 pm-9 pm instead and that they couldn't give me an exact time for when the driver would arrive.

So I've been waiting since 2 pm, did not receive a call to let me know that the driver would not arrive during the originally proposed time, and there was no estimate on when they would arrive. I waiting for another 1.5 hours, and the drivers finally came. With them, they had all the pieces I ordered; however, more than half of them were damaged (nightstand, footboard, both sofa pieces). The drivers ensured me that someone would call me the next day to schedule a time for these items to be exchanged, and, understandably, did not fully install the bed because it was just going to have to be taken apart again. The next day came, no one called. I called at 5 pm to try an schedule my delivery the following Monday (3 days after the initial delivery) and no one answered. The office was closed (something I was not informed of).

Finally, on Tuesday, I was able to talk to a nice woman who was able to schedule an exchange of several pieces and said she'd mail a piece for one of them. My scheduled delivery date is January 14th - a total of 3 weeks after the initial delivery, and this does not include the additional trip that will have to be made by a technician who will install the mailed part. That hasn't even been scheduled yet. I'll likely have to take off another day of work to deal with that. On top of all of this, I called customer service several times and chatted with people online, and no one seemed to be able to help me or care that I was being pushed from one place to the next. It was like damaged goods were expected, and me spending an entire day waiting for furniture without any sort of communication regarding an ETA or even that there would be a delay in delivering outside of the originally proposed timeframe was acceptable.

In fact, the customer service representative and the dispatch woman seemed to be upset with me for questioning why I wasn't informed of these delays and requesting an ETA on delivery. So now - I still do not know when I will have all of my purchase in the new condition I ordered. I have to call customer service yet again because the fabric protection was not added to the order as I requested when I first ordered the couch and the price has dropped from 1399 to 1377 so there now requires a price adjustment because the sales associate in the store before we purchased online said that we have a price guarantee 30 days after the purchase date (if it even happens).

Speaking of the sales associates in store, we chose to order online because the sales associate in the store was so pushy saying they work on 100% commission and this purchase was her livelihood. Each associate we talked to gave us different information so who knows what is correct. This is the worst experience buying furniture, and I will never be using Rooms To Go again for furnishing my home.

Your Desired Resolution: I want the Fabric Protection/warrantee added to my couch because I indicated I wanted it and it is not on there. I want the price adjustment like I was promised, and I want all the furniture I ordered in new condition, delivered within a guaranteed 4hr window, and installed in my house at the same time so I don't have to keep taking time off work and waiting all day.

I am writing this review to warn others of what I was warned about. I did not heed the warning that the furniture at Rooms To Go was cheap Chinese product that would not last. I took the gamble because the price was good, but within a few weeks the sofa I bought started falling apart. I called Rooms To Go to get warranty service, but they would not come and look at the sofa for several weeks. I had company coming so had to put it back together myself with some screws. A couple of months later more of the sofa came apart, and more screws put it back together again. The sofa is constructed of soft lumber and staples. No one in this house is especially heavy, and the sofa was not abused in any way.

Finally, after it came apart a third time in less than six months I called Rooms To Go again to get warranty service. Again it took them a few weeks to come, and the inspector made the recommendation that it be replaced under their warranty. However a call from customer service informed me that because I had "altered" the sofa they would not honor the warranty. I was directed towards the fine print in the warranty. I did not "alter" it in anyway other than reinforce the staples with some screws. I explained that I had to mend it myself because they would not come and service it in a timely fashion, but they did not care. So in short they sell junk and use their fine print to not stand behind their products, while making you wait weeks for a service call. Don't waste your money here.

I order a two (2) piece love seat and sofa set, on the day of purchase only the love seat was in stock. I was scheduled to be delivered on Dec. 20, 2016 and the out of stock sofa was to be delivered three (3) days later. One the first delivery everything was as I expected the delivery to be, the two (2) delivery men removed the wrapping just inside the door of my home. They proceeded by inquiring if it is placed where I wanted it and then walked me through the functions and features of the love seat. By the way the two items purchased are electronically interactive.

On the second delivery 3 days later the two (2) delivery personnel came into my home with the second part of my order. It was so obvious that they were in a hurry that I asked them if they were in a hurry? To my surprise he responded "YES!" and followed with "we have a lot of deliveries still". I could truly tell these guys were in serious rush mode. At this point I am pleased with the items I purchased, but the delivery process will give me pause the next time I am in the market for furniture. AGAIN... not because of product... but rather, delivery personnel.

I went to Rooms to Go in November thinking how early I was starting Christmas shopping to take the stress out of it. I bought a big oversized bean bag chair for my daughter for $199 plus tax. They said it would be in the beginning of December for me to pick up. Well, with work, kids and life going on, I didn't think about how I've never gotten a call about it being ready to pick up so I called today, Dec. 21, to see if I can come get it. They say "Oh, it won't be here until December 27th."

The seller refused to release it until then. And that was it, no sorry, or "we should have called and told you, let me give you a discount for the inconvenience" or anything. Just if I don't want it now I can cancel it. It's too late to go find another one in time for Xmas and this was going to be a big Santa present for my daughter Christmas morning. Makes me want to cry it's so disappointing. I have no choice but to just tell her that the big present I got here won't be here until 2 days after Christmas. I'm sure she'll understand but it's disappointing for a child to not get their present until December 27th! Thanks a lot Rooms to Go. You suck.

I purchased a bed with RTG on December 10th with a delivery date of December 17th; mind you I spent over $2,000 on this purchase. I was advised that I would receive a call the day prior to the scheduled delivery with my delivery time frame. I never received that call. Mind you I’m in the process of moving from one place to another so by the time I had settled down for the day and realized that I never received a call from RTG the customer service department was closed and I had no choice but to deal with an automatic system which advised me that my delivery time would be between 7am – 11am, which wouldn’t work for my schedule considering I actually signed my lease on my new place that day and wouldn’t have access until after doing so.

I called customer service 8am which is when they opened the following day to advise them that the time frame wasn’t good and if it was possible to have the driver notified of this and possibly reschedule for a later time that day. I was told to call customer service back once I had the key to my new place and that my delivery would be placed in rotation, which I did. As the day reach closer to night I called customer service back and questioned how late did RTG make delivers and was told until the drivers truck was empty, the representative advised me that my order would be delivered that night some time.

When I attempted to make a follow-up call I was realized that customer service was now closed and my only other option was to contact the showroom where I had purchased my items. I was told that my items were heading back to the warehouse and that I would have to call back within the next three days to have it scheduled for re-delivery, which was unacceptable, considering I’m 6 months pregnant and which I conveyed this information to the representative. Her response ("well I don’t know what to tell you").

This prompted me to head over to the store the next business day to speak directly to a manager, who basically told me the same thing every other representative told me from the notes that they read from the system that was a complete crock of **, that when the delivery was attempted I wasn’t home. I’ve now been contacted and advised that my delivery will arrive December 22nd and again they can’t tell me the time frame and would only suggest that I stay home the entire day awaiting the delivery. I wouldn’t recommend RTG to anyone. They are just horrible.

Couch. Chase Chair, Dining table and chairs. Purchase was in 2006. Salesperson was very professional and friendly. I was allowed to browse and take time to decide and my choices. I place a 90 day purchase, had the garment protected done on the future and was given 2 bottles to take home. After about 2 months of payments I had paid in full and my furniture was delivered as promised properly wrap for my later moving date. It was a great experience.

Purchased a leather living room set (sofa, love seat, chair) December 2015, color is a seafoam blue. The color began coming off the corners of the sofa and love seat and along the trim on the chair, back in May. It took me until December to contact Rooms to Go about the problem. They sent a technician out to look at furniture. When technician came out he told us, had never seen a problem like this, but it definitely had to do with the way the leather was sealed. Obviously not sealed properly, which is why the color is coming off.

I asked what do we do from here, he advised he would be turning in pictures and a report, customer care would contact us. Received a call from customer care, telling us this was normal wear and tear and not covered under the warranty. That's it, no other resolution. I've attached pictures of all the pieces where the color is coming off and wear and tear is not the problem, clearly the color is literally just coming off. The areas are all the corners and along the trim on the armrest. These areas are rarely touched or rubbed against by anyone, it's quite clear the paint and sealing process was not performed well.

When I purchased the living room set, of course they sold me on putting a sealant on the pieces to minimize damage or staining. Now they're not honoring again, the services they sell; oh... but they certainly took my money. I am not through with this company. Will be making signs and picketing in front of their establishment this weekend. Telling all unsuspecting consumers what a cheap - unethical company this is. Customer service is a joke, they place you on hold forever and even disconnect you, in the end tell you there is nothing they can do.

Forget the warranty, extra money spent to "seal" the furniture; these are all nothing but fraudulent sales tactics to enrich RTG from the unsuspecting consumer. I financed this furniture and still have an outstanding balance, ready to call a moving company and return the entire set back to RTG. Formal complaints will be filed with the AG's office, BBB and every Consumer Protection Agency available, which includes the credit financing of this poor quality furniture.

This is probably the most important thing that Rooms To Go sells from a management perspective. Salespeople have to sell it on roughly 95% of every piece of fabric or leather they sell or they get fired. Management won't admit to this but they literally won't sell you the furniture if you don't buy the "bond" as they call it. Their yearly bonuses depend largely on this one thing. So they walk hundreds of thousands of dollars every year for this one add on. Salespeople will let you "walk" if you don't buy it. They are willing to lose their commission to keep their percentage in the near perfect category so they won't be punished by having to go to "school" early on a Saturday that they have to work 12 to 13 hours or ultimately lose their jobs. I have heard management tell salespeople to get rid of the customer if they are not willing to buy it.

Is it worth the extra $200 bucks? Depends... I have seen the "bond" applied to the furniture in the warehouse. "Bond" is a very strong word for what they do. An employee uses a wand to lightly mist the furniture, most of it probably evaporates before ever touching a sofa. Yet I have heard salespeople say that this is like having a Teflon coating on your furniture against stains. If you are wanting this to protect against stains it's worthless in my opinion.

However... If you ever have any problems with your furniture, even if it is covered by the standard one year warranty. Don't bother calling the store if you did not buy the protection. Because when the salesperson goes to the manager to see about fixing whatever problem you have product, delivery, or otherwise. The first question the manager asks the salesperson is not what has to be done to rectify the situation, it's "did they buy the juice?" If not, call the 800 number and deal with customer service, which the manager knows is not at all customer service (but that is for another post).

So if you want to buy this insurance policy so you won't be shoveled along the bureaucracy which is Rooms to Go customer service. Go ahead. As for the leather protection, everything applies except they do nothing to "bond" the leather, all you are buying is a lifetime supply of leather conditioner. Which I can almost guarantee unless you condition your sofa set every day you will not spend $200 on leather conditioner in your lifetime. Almost all of the furniture sold by RTG is low grade, foreign woods and stains. The stains will eventually "bleed out" and furniture appears discolored. This is due to the "imported woods" they like to advertise, which is cheap wood from China-Vietnam-Malaysia (Timber Industries, Green River, Kaiser Furniture Wood Furniture, Holland House, Great Veca (primary supplier to RTG)).

Purchase 1754.93 in furniture on November 25, 2016 to be delivered December 10, 2016 between 1-5. Delivery showed up at the home at 11:15 am unannounced, therefore because I was given a delivery time window for 1-5 they contacted a relative who contacted me that RTG was in my driveway. I advised them that I was not home and was told on December 8, 2016 that my scheduled delivery was between 1-5. The next call I received was at 4:15 saying the truck has broken down and that my furniture would still be delivered, they never showed up nor did I receive a call. On December 11 I attempted to contact the store in Lithonia Georgia and spoke with Barbara.

She said the Manager Mark would contact me later because he was on the floor assisting customers. On December 12 I attempted to contact the store and spoke with Manager Jeff at the Lithonia RTG. He advised me to come into the store to get my refund when I arrive later. That evening I was told that my ticket needed to be released in system in order to be refunded and that it would be available on 12/13/ 2016 in which I contacted customer service and was told that it would take another 48-72 hrs before the system cleared. This is the worst customer service and delivery experience I have ever had. Then people at the corporate office would not let me speak to anyone but the call center representatives.

We purchased a love seat from Rooms To Go, we had it for a little over three years and the material is ripping badly I even had the love seat treated. I called customer service and the person I spoke to didn't even care. We don't own any pets so I can't even blame it on a pet. My sofa is has patches all over. It was made cheaply!!! Photos will show the facts.

Rooms to Go Company Profile