Rooms to Go
3.27/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Rooms to Go

Looking for a good furniture store?

2041 Rooms to Go Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 1, 2019

I had a great customer service provided at the outlet store in Pompano Beach by Matthew the salesperson and the manager Rick. They were both great professionals and I highly recommend this store. I had to go back there few times and they were always very helpful every single time.

Original review: April 25, 2019

The living room assortment was excellent. The salesperson gave us ideas on pieces that would complement the sofas we wanted to buy. They were able to put a package together including end tables, coffee table w/ recliner love seats and power 2 seat sofa (middle seat in between). The pricing was much better than the other furniture stores we had visited.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

The CSRs don’t hound you constantly while you’re shopping there. We’ve always had great experiences at Rooms to Go. We just starting shopping there in the last 6 months & they always have a great selection.

Original review: March 23, 2019

We purchased 2 leather couches with Jeff **. He was extremely professional, helpful, and friendly! He did not waste our time with items we weren’t interested in. We expressed concerns about negative customer service issues we read online. Jeff took the time to explain that Rooms To Go has over a 92% customer satisfaction rate with the millions of dollars in sales they do yearly. Our couches were delivered in 2 days by Josh and Noah who moved part of an old couch out of the way and in an efficient manner assembled both couches while making sure not to damage our wood flooring! We are exceptionally satisfied with our Rooms To Go experience. Everything that was promised was delivered and we will recommend and use Rooms To Go in the future.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

With all the horrendous reviews out there I wanted to provide a good one based upon my experience. Years ago I had purchased a Cindy Crawford sofa from RTG. No problems with delivery and it lasted almost 10 years. So when I needed a new sofa and bedroom furniture I went back. With all the delivery and damaged item reviews I was expecting a nightmare. However, I was pleasantly surprised. My delivery window was 2 to 6 PM. At about 10 to 3 I received a call from the driver that they would be here in 30 to 40 minutes. Sure enough about 45 minutes later they arrived. Not only did they move my old bedroom furniture to another room, they were professional, fast and cleaned all the paper/boxes up.

The furniture arrived in excellent condition. No issues whatsoever. My advice - given the large amount of furniture they sell there is bound to be numerous, valid complaints. But I would not let this dissuade you from buying there. I had ordered my previous bedroom furniture from Macy's and it was delivered damaged 3 times before they finally got it right. Thanks RTG!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms To Go?

Original review: July 14, 2019

A few years ago I bought theater seating from this company. I am a single guy and do not entertain. I figured although this company's furniture is low quality it should last for quite sometime since I am the only one that would use it. Boy was I ever wrong! First the woman at the store lied to me and sold me a warranty which was supposed to cover repairs. She sold me a stain warranty on pleather furniture. Why would I buy a stain warranty on something you can wipe off. In less than a year the pleather started deteriorating.

This company replaced the center section, but the same issue began with this piece as well. Less than two years in and I stopped using this junk. Every time I sat down in and got up I had the brown pleather stuck to my skin. What worse this junk sat in the living room not used and the pleather was deteriorating on all the pieces. I kept it in the living room because every time I looked at it I saw 2,000 plus wasted dollars. Yesterday, I decided to drag this junk to the street in the middle of a tropical storm.

I bought a King size bedroom set from this company too, the side rails started cracking after a couple months because of the poor wood product used. The company replaced one rail. I immediately reinforced with some oak boards. Fortunately I am still able to use the bedroom set. I will never buy anything from these bottom feeders again, and I suggest if this gets posted those reading will not buy this junk either. I am left with a 14-year-old quality recliner now, and it will likely last for many more years.

Original review: July 14, 2019

We purchased a sectional we really liked. I made sure it was nice and firm. Not quite a year of average use (2 person adult household) it is caving in on itself. Knowing we had purchased an extended warranty, we made a call to customer service a week or two after having it a year. They sent someone over who verified the poor quality of construction but also told us that our warranty only covered stains... We got the Stainguard. In short, we paid 1700 for a sofa that is not usable after 12 months of average use. Kudos to customer service for shutting us down our hope of making an exchange. We will never shop at Rooms to Go nor will we ever recommend them. Quality is very poor!

Original review: July 12, 2019

Three times they delivered a bedroom set that was damaged and the fourth time the set looked good except it was the wrong bedroom set. I now after 2 months I still don't have a bedroom set and they will not give me a credit. Customer service is awful and corporate is no better. I have no choice than to go to social media and let everyone know this company is awful, and speaking with many other people this seems to be the norm. I now will go to small claims and take this matter further.... Maybe now I will get a call back from CORPORATE.

Original review: July 11, 2019

During the delivery of my living room set, a plank over my porch was broken and cracked. I don't feel safe walking under it. Customer service did not help or expedite my case. They were rude and short. Safety is my main concern and it was not taken into account. Ethan, the "top person" was very rude and bothered.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I purchased a sectional after the representative informed me that and stains or damages to my sectional the item will be replaced or serviced. One year later they will not service or replace my furniture. Even though I have proof of warranty purchase. They informed me I would have to spend money on a performance to come out and service my sectional. When you have documents to back up what you purchase and still get no results, this let you know they do not value their customers or their name.

Original review: July 8, 2019

This ROOMS TO GO in Newport News is a huge disappointment to the prior business I’ve done with them. I’ve spent over 15k with them back in 2010, to furnish my whole house. I had to ship to a friend in Florida. Then hire a moving company to have it delivered to me. So to find out it was a store coming close to home I was ecstatic. I even was recommending people to get their furniture from them. I finally decided to buy a dining set that I been having my eye on for a minute. I got the set w/ a warranty that covered the whole set; per my Sale Representative Mr. Will **...so I thought. After the set was delivered, the 4 barstools I had; because I never sat on them, didn’t know how uncomfortable it was, so I requested that they replace the barstools with 2 more vanilla benches.

The sale representative was upset that changing my order would inconvenience his commission, in became very aggressive in tone, then hung up as he stated call customer service to fix it. After calling customer service, they told me he wanted the furniture returned then I can do it over, which would cause me to place another down payment. Yes, ridiculous...as I stated to customer service. And after she talked to the manager, I was able to change the benches without returning the whole set. We went over everything so I thought.

When the benches arrived 2 weeks later they were chocolate instead of vanilla. Yeah I know, I contacted them immediately. And as unfortunate as it already was; they tried to transfer me to the manufacturer as if it wasn’t their problem. Until I stated that it was their problem because I specifically stated what I wanted, and the CSR repeated back to me. So here we are again, another process to get the correct merchandise. I was told their call me back when a delivery time was set up. I had to call them because now it’s almost 2ks in the CSR have the nerve to say, I had to wait almost a month to receive the benches.

After not having it, the CSR stated she could get it out to me in a week. Got the benches, had a get together, benches got stained, call to utilize warranty, to find out my warranty covered everything but my vanilla bench. And when I changed the barstools that was covered, they never asked if I wanted to put the warranty on the new items. And I wasn’t aware of this until a situation causing me to need my warranty arose.

The manager claim there is nothing they could do once it’s delivered delivered. Oh, and that wonderful apology that means nothing but you got **, and deal with it. Let’s not leave out that I never received a new reconfirm my current order to review. So if I could catch the mess up, they took that option from me. All I can suggest this point is be careful how you deal with this company. Don’t let their friendly fake faces fool you. Because they’ll distract you into covering the bases. You would think the company would have some integrity about what was done. But they never have any intentions on honoring your warranty. And would find any way to not take responsibility.

Original review: June 30, 2019

A year ago I bought the Leather Dual Recliner Sofa, few months later on side of the sofa was lower than the other, right after on side stop working with the recliner process. I have called the store, customer service was excellent and they sent a technician. Long story short they have replaced my sofa twice and I still have the same problems. Every new one is worse than the old one. Don’t know what to do. Sofa is about 1600 with warranty. :(

Original review: June 27, 2019

I purchased on 5/14/2018 at the Destin FL store a 54" high top bar table, that is still sold in the Destin FL store and advertised in flyers. I did not buy the extended warranty. Around Feb/Mar time frame I noticed and called on 5/13/19 to let them know a little quarter size lifting was forming on the table. The lifting mark is hard to see but I saw it. They scheduled a technician to come out and inspect on 5/31/19. The technician said I would hear back in couple weeks from RTG. He said they would either fix it or it would be turned in as Mfg Defect. Keep in mind I didn't purchase the extended warranty and the 1 yr Mfg Warranty for defectiveness was getting close.

I finally called yesterday on 6/26/19 to find out what was the decision. The young lady at the care center told me nothing can be done. The technician said something at the residence caused the lifting, like a wet glass was sitting on the table. Now how can a wet glass that may have or not been left on the table and not leave a water stain but yet was left long enough to cause lifting?

WARNING WHEN BUYING KITCHEN TABLES AT RTG!!! Yes this should be left on every table you see at RTG For Sale: Nice table. Pretty table. Buy it today but don't leave anything wet on the surface of the table we buy from cheap sources and this laminate surface may start to bubble and lift. If you want to pay extra RTG can sell you an Extended Warranty, then if it happens we may or may not fix it or ask the Mfg to replace their crappy cheap furniture they Mfg and RTG has to sell an Extended Warranty on just to prevent things like this from happening. RTG basically said I have to live with this piece of crap dining table because it is now out of Warranty but it never was a Mfg Defect, I caused or something in my household caused the defect.

If you are a consumer reading this and are considering on buying from RTG, think twice because they do not stand behind what they sell unless they sell you their 3rd Party Extended Warranty and then hopefully you won't have to use it because it too will be another battle to get resolved because they too will tell you it was your fault!!!! Never ever will I buy from RTG!!!! Amazon, Wayfair and all the other Internet Furniture sources will run you out of business in a few years....Bye bye RTG!!!!

Original review: June 25, 2019

FYI!!! I suggest no one ever buy from Rooms to Go EVER!!! I got screwed twice with them. First I bought a sofa and after 4 service calls within a 2 year period, they told me there was nothing they could do and that was with an extended warranty. Now a defective mattress have to pay extra, because they don’t have the same mattress to replace the old one and also have to pay a delivery fee of $100 for them to replace the defective one and again there is nothing they can do???

Original review: June 24, 2019

We ordered a table and chairs. First delivery the base was scratched really bad. So had to order another one. Second delivery arrived, same problem. Finally the third delivery it was fine. The delivery drivers all 3 times were awesome. I called approx 6 times over a months time to try and get this resolved and out of all 6 calls there were 5 really rude service reps. I actually hung up on one of them because she made me so mad. Due to all my trouble and having to take off work more than once they should have given us a discount and that was never even offered.

Original review: June 22, 2019

My husband and I just moved into the house we built. We need another couch to fill the room. It's a big house. 5 bedrooms 3 baths. I picked out a couch online. 999$! Good deal. I'll make payments. My credit is 750. My husband 815. We make over 5000 a month. I applied online for 1200$. Denied. I called the store. No help. They suggested I come in and reapply or wait for a letter to explain why I was denied. I didn't want another hard hit to my credit. I called customer care, again.. Told to wait for a letter.. Really?! My credit’s 750! Crazy. I wouldn't recommend this company.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I had problems with this store in the past and after a few years, I decided to give them a chance again... What a mistake! They do NOT honor their delivery dates and times, a service that is paid! What's the point to schedule delivery... They come when they're pleased. Any company that values their customers would try to work out the issue, but RTG delivery department representative was very argumentative and kept repeating himself like a parrot "We promise delivery, not the schedule". So, here's the deal with this awful company - you pay for the service, they fail to provide the service and there's nothing they want to do about it nor you can do something about it. Any other logistics company, if they fail to provide guaranteed service, they issue a refund. EVERY SINGLE COMPANY BUT ROOMS TO GO!!! I will never buy from this company again, and I will make sure to widespread my experience.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Ordered Sofa and Chair and delivery company came on a Saturday and they realized the incorrect legs were in with the chair. (How does that even happen???) Asked me if I had any blocks of wood they could put it on and said CS would call me and get the right legs out to me. Instead, I immediately called CS and had to give my telephone number to the CSR about 8 times (I honestly think she was high or something). CSR told me she could order the parts and have them overnighted to me. Called RTG CS on Tuesday and was told they didn't carry the parts in stock and they would either have to order them from the manufacturer (could not give me a timeframe at all) or that they could deliver another chair (wow, such efficiency). Told them I didn't need a new chair, only the legs, but they said it was the only way they could do it. Was then set up for delivery for Thursday between 8-12.

At 10 on Thursday was called and advised the driver was running behind and new delivery time is between 1-5 and that the driver would call me 30 minutes before the delivery. I advised them I had an appointment at 5:15 and they assured me that he would be there before 5:00. At 4:00pm, still no call and knowing that it takes at least 15-20 minutes on hold with CS before anyone even picks up, I called back to CS and was told the driver still had 2 deliveries before me. I again explained that I only needed the legs and that I needed to leave at 5 to be at my appointment on time, CSR advised she understood and that the driver would call when he is 30 minutes away.

At 4:51pm the driver finally calls and says he's 25 minutes away. I advised him I couldn't wait 25 minutes (I'd be out even more money if I missed my other appointment) and advised him that the delivery window was originally between 8-12 and then moved to 1-5 and he was not going to make that either. Delivery guy said "oh well if you're not able to make the delivery time". I said, "Hold on, you're the one not making the delivery time" and he just advised I'd have to reschedule. Called CSR on Thursday and was offered a $20 gift card for the "inconvenience"...INCONVENIENCE??? I've lost an entire day of vacation time and countless time on the phone for a $20 GC from RTG??? The amount of my vacation time adds up to more than the chair was worth.

Now in addition, I have spent hours on the phone on Friday trying to get the legs to no avail, Supervisors and Sr. Supervisors won't help and won't tell me where I can go to just pick them up, store manager won't help, just says if I'm not willing to wait around for delivery on another chair (again, how inefficient can one company be?) that they will have to order from the Manufacturer and still won't provide a timeframe. I will never, never, never, buy from Rooms To Go again and will tell everyone shopping for furniture not to go.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I had a bad online order experience with customer and the delivery team! Customer Service has no concept of the importance of the customer who paid good money having just as good service. Delivery team was very arrogant incompetent and rude. Just disregarded the time set 9-1pm and showed up to my home at 7am. They didn’t have the skills to assemble the product, made excuses and left without completing the job that I paid for. Please don’t waste your money with this company! Their prices may be cheaper but the quality of service is even less!

Original review: June 14, 2019

I placed an online order due to the fact that I am unable to visit a store at this time. I have been a long time customer with Rooms To Go and purchased thousands of dollars of furniture over the past 10 years. When I was called for verification I was unable to answer a question within a second. I am going to be 80 years old next month. Within 2 seconds I answered the question and the representative Venda said my order was cancelled. I explained that she didn't even give me a second to answer the question and she told me "that was it!" "The order was cancelled!" I asked for her name and she hung up on me. I called back to get her name and she finally gave it to me. To be honest I doubt that is even her name.

I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told no one was there and no one could override Venda's decision. I called back several times in hopes to get someone with authority who can help me but no one in any other department could help me nor could they provide me with a supervisor's name or phone number. I am furious. This is elder abuse at its finest!

Original review: June 7, 2019

I brought a Queen Mattress and I paid $50 for a "Trust delivery". They told me that the bed was going to get deliver at 8-12 pm, appr. at 9 AM they came, they never knocked my door or call me to advise me that they were outside. I saw them through the security cameras I have so I quickly woke up. Maybe I took 5 minutes to prepare myself and receive them but guess what.... THEY LEAVED! I'm so disappointed of what they did, they didn't waited 5 minutes, and they never knocked my door! How someone could know they are outside if they do not knock the door? When I called the customer service they told me that my order was "Blocked" and that I have to wait 2 days to schedule my delivery again.... (Sorry for bad word) This service is a ** and I don't know who rules this ** but he or she need to be kicked quickly! I saw a lot of reviews with the same problem!

Original review: June 6, 2019

Spent over $8000, on a sectional and 4 bedroom sets. Was told we would have next day. The couch was delivered with no legs to stand it on. Been 2 weeks still haven't received legs. Bedroom furniture won't be delivered until July which we were not told at the time, quick to take money but slow to get delivery. Moved into new home and we have no furniture thanks to Rooms To Go. Don't waste your time or money. This place is a joke.

Original review: June 2, 2019

My wife and I purchased a leather sofa, recliner and love sofa. After about one year of use we notice fading. Yes, we used the conditioner provided by Rooms to Go, to no avail. We did not purchase a warranty. Rooms To Go (Henry County, Ga.) was no help. Please have some knowledge of leather and leather-like product before you purchase leather furniture from Rooms To Go. Once the sales representative has made and finalized the sale, they no longer willing to help you. Real leather show wear not tear and fade. Never again.

Original review: May 29, 2019

We purchased 3 rooms of furniture from RTG. The first delivery was fine. They backordered the nightstands and bed, then backordered again. When they finally came with the nightstands and bed, they tried to deliver a loveseat. When they finally came in with the bed, they did not have all the screws to assemble the bed. They practically ran out of the house leaving all the bed parts all over the bedroom, the legs to the bed were thrown all over the floor, etc and our mattress and box springs are on the floor until they mail the screws, then they will send someone out to assemble the bed. Never again!!!

Original review: May 25, 2019

3rd party delivery sucks! Had a window between 11-3. They were running late. Still had 4 stops till us... No one called or knocked! Now they rescheduled delivery for the following Thur!! 6 days with no furniture and during the 3 day Memorial Day weekend! Had to cancel family get together because there is nowhere to sit! Buyer beware! Never again!!

Original review: May 24, 2019

I bought quite a bit of furniture from Rooms to go. On delivery day they were 2 hours late with no phone call. Then I called to tell them that the mattress was defective. A week later they tried to deliver an exchange in the base, not the actual mattress but the mattress is the problem. Then I was told a technician would come a month from now, no sooner. So I asked for a refund but it's too late because I accepted the product. Even though I called them immediately the same day it was delivered. I don't need someone to look at this mattress. I need a new mattress! I saw this table I loved in there, but i won't be buying it. No more rooms to go purchases from us.

Original review: May 23, 2019

We bought a new mattress and salesperson suggested that it could be delivered next day even though the time of order was after cutoff we later found out. Therefore the order is scheduled the following day when we are not available as we had said to the salesperson. They cannot reschedule the order until it can't be delivered tomorrow for another 48 hours after that which puts us at Memorial Day. What's important is we stripped the current bed and tossed sheets into trash because the new mattress uses a different base. So we were sold a bag of goods and need to find somewhere to sleep for next 3 or 4 nights. Called store and they are no help. I would not recommend Rooms to Go in Naples to anyone. Terrible service.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I purchased one of Rooms to Go’s “top of the line” leather reclining sectionals. I had to wait over two weeks for a defective couch. RTG sent a technician to fix the couch but when I sat down they fell back and hurt my neck. RTG is now going to replace the middle section but it is going to take another two week.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Purchased a mattress that ended up failing, it collapsed through out. I called the Beautyrest manufacturer for the 10 year warranty on it. They informed me I had to go through the place of purchase even though the Rooms to Go had 1 year warranty and my mattress was past the 1 year on it. Went to Rooms to Go store warranty company, whom informed me they would exchange the mattress of same value but I would then have to pay $99.00 to have another one delivered and picked up. Which would of lowered the replacement value of the original bought mattress.

This was an outrage to us that they are charging us another $99.00 to replace their defective product they sell in their stores. We have spent several thousand dollars at their store on our entire house for furniture, for them to deny waiving a $99.00 delivery/pick up fee for the mattress. I will never buy a product from Rooms to Go or Buy BeautyRest Products as they punish the consumer when their product fails.

Original review: May 12, 2019

We had a great experience from selection to delivery and love the way the couch sat, but after 6 months it started coming apart at the seams in four or five places. We contacted Rooms to Go and they sent us a new one and it started doing the exact same thing in 4 to 5 months. They refused to replace it again and only offered for us to buy new covers for cushions.

Rooms to Go Company Information