2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Rooms to Go

Rooms to Go
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.35/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Rooms to Go Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms to Go?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms To Go?

Original review: March 5, 2020

Completely worry free experience for us. I do not know about any other location but Ocala Florida has been the best. George the manager is unbelievably old school. He does not rest till we are smiling. He acts like we are family and bends over backwards to please. We have now bought our living room, dining room, barstools, and bedroom from them. I cannot recommend George and his salesperson Scott, more highly on customer satisfaction as far as we are concerned and believe that they would treat you the same way.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

When my husband and I walked in store we were immediately greeted by a store employee. She was very nice and helpful. Asked us what we were looking for, type, brand, etc. She showed us some beds and explained the pros and cons and prices. She let us look around without bothering us and then came later to see if we found anything we liked. After we picked our bed she explained the paying options we had and then helped check us out and made a delivery date to our home. Overall, it was a nice experience.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I have recently bought bedroom furniture for myself. Love it! Quality is great for the price. Trustworthy!! My furniture has always been from R-T-G. My living room leather couch set, with great looking tables is 12 years old...still beautiful. The sales assistants are knowledgeable on quality of any piece. If you are like me, questioning material as to durability, maintenance, return policy and delivery...I have never been disappointed. I love the way business is done with them - with a smile. I go home satisfied that my choice was good!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I purchased $7K worth of furniture from RTG for their Labor Day sale in September 2019. Although delivery was slow, I finally got my last piece November 2, 2019, and can say I am very happy with the prices and quality of furniture. The slow delivery was 75-percent my fault because I would only do Saturday deliveries & I did go back and change some items in my initial order. I ordered a complete living set, dining room set, and bedroom set. The dining room set came in was the right style, but I wanted a countertop set. I went to RTG the following day they set up a new order for the countertop dining room set and the upcharge was only $50 more for the more expensive countertop set.

RTG robo-called (computer), texted, to called with a real person to confirm my delivery day and time 48-hours prior to delivery. The drivers showed up 30 minutes early to one delivery so be careful. If you miss them, it "could" be a while before they come back. I had a total of three deliveries. I was worried at first because of all the negative reviews I read online, but I can say my experience was five-star. From the purchase to the delivery, RTG impressed. Alan was my sales associate for the Augusta, GA location and he did a superb job of taking care of me. Thanks RTG!!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

My boyfriend and I chose Rooms To Go to furnish our newly renovated living room based on numerous glowing recommendations from friends and family. We couldn't have been happier with our choice and largely due to our experience with our incredibly attentive, friendly, knowledgeable, relaxed and patient sales associate, Billy **. Billy took a genuine interest in our furniture preferences and needs as he patiently answered our questions and guided us through finding and selecting the perfect sofa, loveseat, throw cushions, area rug, side tables and lamp with absolutely no pressure or impatience.

His input and suggestions were perfect and he made sure we were able to stay within our budget by taking advantage of package deal pricing and helping us to understand and utilize the one their many financing options that best fit our needs. We are thrilled with our purchase from Rooms To Go and highly recommend requesting Billy ** as the sales associate to assist you with your next visit to the Rivers Avenue showroom!!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

I spent a lot of money on new patio furniture. The store was short staffed when we bought the furniture. The person who was helping us, had to help like 3 other people at the same time. This was frustrating because it extended our transaction time. We opted to pay for delivery, but not assembly. Thank goodness, $200 for unboxing would have been pretty deep. The product came and we “assembled” it. Part of the sofa was damaged, it was also missing webbing and the table was chipped. And they delivered an extra fire pit. I called the customer service number. I sat on hold for four (4) hours, then the phone picked up and said, "We are sorry we can’t transfer you at this time."

I called the store to put action toward getting things fixed and the extra fire pit removed from my yard. First they told me to call the customer service line, I explained (4 hours on hold etc). He told me he would have to hold too, but he took down the information. I called back to customer service because I hadn’t heard anything. They had no record of my problem. We set up a return of the mis delivered item would be 3 weeks away. That is 6 weeks total wait while this big box sat outside in my patio. I asked for an earlier date, they said they would check the schedule and get back to me. Never got a call. I called back to the customer service line, a 2.5 hour wait. I actually took a shower, got dressed, and ate all while on hold.

Finally had a conversation with a CSR. She said she would get back to me. I told her I was going to deliver the big box (now soaked in water, peed on by our dogs, and falling apart) back to the store if they didn’t pick it up earlier. They said they would have to get back to me, so I dropped it off. I would not recommend Rooms to Go to anyone. I will never shop at rooms to go again. If they can not run their business due to the pandemic, they should keep their doors closed. I am actually contemplating a return of everything I bought. I just don’t trust them. Do yourself a favor, save money, get what you pay for online.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

After placing an order online for a total of $1360 with the amount to be taken from my Rooms To Go Card, the amount was deducted from my regular checking account instead. After hours on trying to get through to make the corrections, my order was cancelled only after filing a dispute with my bank. My bank provided me with a provisional credit and after the dispute, the total was refunded back to Rooms To Go who then only refunded me $999 of the total, and is holding on to the balance of $360. I reached out multiple times to Brittany ** and other staff members who have been less than helpful. My order was not adjusted in any way so why would is Rooms To Go holding on to my refund? No one seems to know. Staff seem not to be knowledgeable about the company or their department. It’s shameful that they think they can do this and get away.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I am writing this review as a very dissatisfied customer. I recently purchase a six bedroom home and was looking forward to furnishing it. In August 2020, I purchased near $14k worth of furniture & all of the pieces I've received were damaged. Not to mention, my daughter received her queen bedroom set this past Friday, 10/9/2020, and after examing the items, all 4 pieces to her set is damaged. She has been waiting for 2 months as well and now this. OK, now going back to my issues, due to COVID-19 delivery time is longer, which I clearly understand that so I waited patiently. To my despair, all my pieces have some type of damage.

I'm very disappointed because I've known Rooms To Go to carry decent furniture but the level of quality has decreased tremendously. Between the time of waiting & receiving damaged stuff, I had just about had enough. Well, I was told there's nothing I could do but exchange. Had I known this, I would never have purchased because I never patronize any establishment that doesn't accept returns. I have a right to spend my hard earned money & request a refund if I choose to; especially if there's justifications. So, here I am, being forced to continue to do business with them (let's not talk about their customer service...HORRIBLE).

I have furniture in my living room, family room, and two bedrooms that are damaged, awaiting for replacement. Who knows how long all this will take, especially with holidays approaching. I just wish they could pick up all their stuff and let me go elsewhere...just allow me to return these items. I feel trapped, I don't want to do business with them and I'm being forced to spend my money at an establishment that has a lack in product quality and customer service.

A Very Dissatisfied Customer,
      Olivia

Green Cove Springs FL

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

I purchased a bedroom suite in late June and on 2 separate occasions I was given my time frame and the first time I was given a text the morning of that my delivery schedule had been moved up. Well I couldn’t be there as I hadn’t made arrangements for that time frame and so I finally get through to customer service and against my better judgement I give them another chance and yesterday it was suppose to arrive between 12-4. I get a phone call at 11:51 stating it’s been changed to 4-8. That was still doable had they arrived by 6. At 6 pm I got on the app to track and the eta is 7:55-8:25. Now this is unacceptable so I am forced to message a number on the website as there is no other way to reach anyone.

After stating that it’s no longer going to work for me I immediately get a phone call from dispatch to notify me they are running late yet again (they had been late from delivery1 and I was 13). I tell them to not bring it to my home. I’m going to cancel order as I can’t be there at this time whatever time it might have been they decided to arrive. I call customer service just now and am told I’ll have to pay delivery fee. Whoa how is it that I was going to be given a full refund previously but now I have to pay delivery fee. Hmmm... In my opinion yesterday was completely unacceptable. They wasted an entire day for me! I will tell everyone I know about this experience! I'd give them 0 stars if possible.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I would give them 10 negative stars if that was available. THE ABSOLUTE WORST purchase experience we have ever had. Don’t take my word for it, just go and read reviews across the internet about them. I won’t make this long. They never called me to give me a delivery window ahead of time OR give me information on how I could get that on my own.. They show up the day of at 8:00am and since we had not moved to the house yet, no one was there. When they called me I begged them to leave the two stools on the porch and that I was 10 minutes away; she said the driver will not leave it. I spend two days, 6 calls trying to go and get them myself. The first 5 people told me that as soon as it’s back in the warehouse, they will be able to reschedule delivery or make arrangements to pick it up.

The 6th call I was told the stools had been given to another person that was waiting on them and mine would be available in 3 months because it’s on back order. She told me this in fact is their policy and that they do not hold merchandise for people. No matter what I did to make her understand the situation, she didn’t want to hear it. I spoke to the “manager” at the store (I don’t believe he was actually the manager. I think she just put someone on just to get rid of me). He could not explain why the first 5 people I talked to, did not tell me about this strange and bizarre policy. Just told me I either wait or I can have my money back.

SO I did a little looking and strangely, other people have had a very similar situation which makes me think they are running some kind of scam or just something is fishy. How can someone miss their delivery and you don’t give them a window to come and get the item before you just give it away. DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE MAKING A PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Rooms to Go Company Information