2. Homeowners

Rooms to Go

Rooms to Go
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.92/5

Rooms to Go Reviews

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I purchased $7K worth of furniture from RTG for their Labor Day sale in September 2019. Although delivery was slow, I finally got my last piece November 2, 2019, and can say I am very happy with the prices and quality of furniture. The slow delivery was 75-percent my fault because I would only do Saturday deliveries & I did go back and change some items in my initial order. I ordered a complete living set, dining room set, and bedroom set. The dining room set came in was the right style, but I wanted a countertop set. I went to RTG the following day they set up a new order for the countertop dining room set and the upcharge was only $50 more for the more expensive countertop set.

RTG robo-called (computer), texted, to called with a real person to confirm my delivery day and time 48-hours prior to delivery. The drivers showed up 30 minutes early to one delivery so be careful. If you miss them, it "could" be a while before they come back. I had a total of three deliveries. I was worried at first because of all the negative reviews I read online, but I can say my experience was five-star. From the purchase to the delivery, RTG impressed. Alan was my sales associate for the Augusta, GA location and he did a superb job of taking care of me. Thanks RTG!!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

My boyfriend and I chose Rooms To Go to furnish our newly renovated living room based on numerous glowing recommendations from friends and family. We couldn't have been happier with our choice and largely due to our experience with our incredibly attentive, friendly, knowledgeable, relaxed and patient sales associate, Billy **. Billy took a genuine interest in our furniture preferences and needs as he patiently answered our questions and guided us through finding and selecting the perfect sofa, loveseat, throw cushions, area rug, side tables and lamp with absolutely no pressure or impatience.

His input and suggestions were perfect and he made sure we were able to stay within our budget by taking advantage of package deal pricing and helping us to understand and utilize the one their many financing options that best fit our needs. We are thrilled with our purchase from Rooms To Go and highly recommend requesting Billy ** as the sales associate to assist you with your next visit to the Rivers Avenue showroom!!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

We visited the Vero Beach store while waiting for our dog groomer to call us a couple of weeks ago. We fell in love with a couple of living room swivel chairs and decided to make the purchase. Our salesperson, Marcos **, was very professional, knowledgeable and above all thorough. We very much enjoyed the experience of buying furniture from him so we chose to purchase our patio furnishings for our new home from him as well. I already preferred Rooms to Go as a go-to furniture reseller but I know Marcos will receive more calls from us as we continue to furnish our home. We highly recommend asking for him by name!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

We have recently built a new home and wanted to furnish it with new furniture in nearly every room. We visited a Rooms to Go store in Vero Beach, Florida. A salesperson greeted us at the door and offered his help. The salesperson was Marcos ** and his sincere assistance without high pressure was really appreciated. He was patient, helpful and most knowledgeable about the products he sells. My wife had certain ideas on how she wanted to furnish the house and Marcos was able to guide her thoughts into a plan that the both of us got excited about. No one wants to feel pressured into buying something they later feel was a mistake. Marcos put a diverse package of rooms together that took time, but certainly eased our minds on furniture we are going to live with for years to come. My thanks to Marcos on working with us and thanks for the professionalism that he displayed.

Original review: March 23, 2019

We purchased 2 leather couches with Jeff **. He was extremely professional, helpful, and friendly! He did not waste our time with items we weren’t interested in. We expressed concerns about negative customer service issues we read online. Jeff took the time to explain that Rooms To Go has over a 92% customer satisfaction rate with the millions of dollars in sales they do yearly. Our couches were delivered in 2 days by Josh and Noah who moved part of an old couch out of the way and in an efficient manner assembled both couches while making sure not to damage our wood flooring! We are exceptionally satisfied with our Rooms To Go experience. Everything that was promised was delivered and we will recommend and use Rooms To Go in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms To Go?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

I am really very disappointed. Fifth consecutive time we received the dresser out of its original box and damaged. I'm tired of talking to Customer Service and all I hear is excuses and more excuses without any result. We wrote to the BBB and they redirected our complaint, result: nothing happened. Today they brought it back out of its box and damaged again. On top of it we never received the check call after delivery and upon review it showed the order as completed, an obvious fraud as I never signed. I never buy on RTG again.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Saleswoman AMANDA ** from the Cutler Bay Miami FL store told me that I could change my box spring if I was not satisfied, she never told me about a delivery charge. The manager did the same, the customer service the same. DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING YOU HAVE NOT READ OR BELIEVE IN YOUR SELLERS.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I bought 2 bedroom sets, a living room set, 3 bookcases and a TV console all at one time. The TV console was not delivered and I was initially told that the console was cancelled but they could not tell me by whom. They said they would “send an email” to correct the problem. Three weeks later I’d made no progress and they could tell me they’d “send another email to correct the problem.”

Once getting the manager on the phone he told me my console was probably made in China and delayed by (1) the coronavirus or/and (2) the Lunar New Year celebration. He also said they were “not allowed” to call the manufacturer on the phone, only send emails. Clearly RTG didn’t know where the console was either or were too lazy to find out. So out of the blue the console is delivered and I could identify that the console was manufactured in UTAH, USA.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

Had a delivery one piece cracked out of four, next delivery 5 pieces delivered. Four went back. Lamps rusty. Delivered again and on lamp goes back rusty. New name for store Faith Farms or Goodwill. I would change these stores to new name or go somewhere else. Sales Person was the only asset to this store. Managers don’t even have the Decency to call you back.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

I purchased a Beautiful table from Rooms To Go. They did an amazing job with their delivering time schedule. Unfortunately when it came to putting the table and chairs together one of the installers told the other one that the table had a huge scratch on the top. He then told the other guy. Well too late. It's on already and then grabbed a marker and started to color scratch in thinking we were not going to notice!!! ALL ON CAMERA. I ended up calling rooms to go. They stated they will come on the following Saturday to deliver new table top and end chairs due to me not seeing what was actually included. Never showed up Saturday. They stated I was not on the schedule. Had to reschedule a birthday party I was going to have because I did mot want they to see my table top...

The next delivery came and guess what a HUGE noticeable scratch on the side of the tabletop and my end chairs are missing wood on the handles not to mention black marker stains everywhere.. They are supposed to come next week they stated they will make sure people at there warehouse will all triple check the products before being delivered. Hoping all will be well or ROOMS TO GO will be taking their items back!

Not sure about Rooms to Go?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Furniture Stores for you.

Rooms to Go Company Information