Rooms to Go

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

RTG sold me two recliners and said they were leather on the seating surfaces and even sold me the extended warranty. Not even a year later and it's cracking and peeling. Not only did they deny the claim, they didn't even get back to me. I had to call them a month after the repairman came out and took pictures. Now the claim is denied based on the fact IT'S NOT EVEN LEATHER! Customer service said it's the floor manager's problem that the salesperson lied. Allen from Port Richey said it's customer service's problem and I should call back CS. He even said there was nothing he could do about the salesman lying because he's already been fired.

I had a delivery today between 11-3. No one not only showed up but when I called at 3 to see if someone was coming they called dispatch and said someone would call me back. No one called back. Called again at 4 said same thing. It's 5 now. No one has not only not showed up but hasn't called at this point. If they do come I will not accept delivery. I have wasted my whole day and a day off from work with no pay waiting for a delivery that never came.

I purchased my sectional in March 2015. November 2016 we noticed that a few of the inseams from the cushions were coming undone. I immediately called Rooms to Go and they informed me that I was out of their 1 year warranty - but no problem as I had purchased the extended warranty. HA, what a joke - ripoff - SCAM! The extended warranty dept did send someone to my home to evaluate the sectional. I was then told a few days later that my claim would be denied as this was from "wear & tear" and that it was a "rip/tear". What??? How could I "rip" or "tear" my furniture when it's coming undone from the seam/stitches? I have purchased furniture from other companies before and have never had an issue.

Actually, this was my first time purchasing from Rooms to Go and purchasing an extended warranty, and unfortunately I learned a costly lesson - NEVER buy from Rooms to Go or the warranty. Now, after having the couch for only two years I have to go and invest in another couch. Funny, all I was asking for was for the cushion to be replaced but instead they tried to put the blame on me. I did try to get a refund for the extended warranty, but that was a bust as well. Please, whatever you do, look into better quality furniture companies and DO NOT buy the extended warranty!

The Loft metal bunk beds squeak horribly every time my son moves. When I contacted customer service it was a joke. A technician came out and said it's metal so it will squeak. I called back and the customer service rep said they will send someone out for a second opinion.

My wife and I went to Value City Furniture first to look at beds. We got a great deal but wanted to try Rooms to Go which was 75 yards away. When we walked in there was a salesperson who asked if he could help us. We told him why we were there and he showed us 1 bed. At this time another woman came up and the salesperson ask if he could help her, she said "I'll wait" he turned to us and said "Feel free to browse around " and then went to help the lady. Not once checked back on us and the other sales reps came to check on us. They were playing on their phones and chatting with each other. My wife and I left the store and went back to Value City Furniture and spent $2116 on a king size suite. I will never go to Rooms to Go again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms To Go?

Have to be at work at 2 so salesman said ok no problem. Well got the call for delivery 11 to 3, had to cancelled for different day again. Told time 11 to 3. Now if I want the chair I have to call work. The too late because this will be second wrong delivery time. Will Never buy anything from this company again.

We purchased a sofa from this company about 1 year ago. We have no children, only 2 normal weight people in the household, no animals on the furniture. I simply point that out to state that the sofa was not mistreated in any way. Within a couple months, strands on the cushions began to break. A rip formed where one strand broke at about 1 year. At 1 year + 2 month the boards that support the seat broke and fell out. We flipped it over to take a look and can now see that very weak, soft wood was used and it was cut the wrong length so that a nail was thinly supporting the frame in one spot. The sofa that we have had for a year now looks older and shabbier than the one we replaced that was over 10 years old. The sofa was not inexpensive. We thought we were paying more to get a better product and feel incredibly misled by this company. We always check reviews, but somehow this one got by us. Be warned.

Although I have no problems with the merchandise that was delivered, the drivers were very unprofessional. Prior to the delivery I made sure to close off access to my bedroom and bathroom. Once the drivers arrived I wanted to be helpful by holding the front door open as they carried up my furniture. Well, while I was downstairs at the front door keeping watch of the other furniture that was left unattended in the driveway one of the drivers entered my bedroom went to my bathroom relieved himself and left the evidence in the toilet for me to discover hours later.

I'm extremely pissed off and I feel that my privacy has been violated. My purse, keys, mail and other valuable and private information was in there which is why the doors were closed. I'm sure the reason why the toilet had not been flushed is because I would have known that someone had gone in my room. Had I been asked if he could use my bathroom I might have said "yes", but someone took it upon themselves to do what the hell they wanted to do in my home and I very very unhappy.

We spent close to 6k on new furniture for our new home from Rooms To Go. I must say the quality of their furniture is poor. As soon as they set up the dresser, a deep scratch appear. The couch did not fit, they refused to take it back. Order pillow they change the ottoman option. Wrong pillow delivered after they charge me replacement of $66. Movers damage my front door, no call backs or reply from claims dept over two months later. Customer service is terrible! Never again would I purchase furn. from them again.

I bought a sofa 13 months ago and the fabric pills all the time. Before I bought the sofa I asked the sales rep how the fabric wore and if customers had a problem with the sofa. The sales rep said no. I bought a extended warranty and it only covers stains. The fabric looks very worn for a couch being a little over a year old. I'm still paying on a sofa that I will have to replace very soon. The person they sent to inspect the couch said to take a clothes shaver to my couch. I explained to him that it pills every time someone sits on it. He said there was nothing he could do about it.

Customer service was extremely rude and said that's normal wear. Normal wear for them is a couch that looks worn out before a customer is even finished paying for it. The very rude and unprofessional customer service rep said "that's not our problem", but I'm sure Rooms To Go wouldn't have honored any warranty even though it was 100% their responsibility. Rooms to Go must have a company wide policy for their employees to lie to and cheat all their customers.

My wife and I decided to buy new furniture. We are middle age and never had new furniture. We went to rooms to go also Ashley. We bought a couch, loveseat, recliner, lamp, end table. That being said we got it delivered. I soon noticed that the recliner wobbles side to side when you sit in it. So I had it 2 days thought I will call, see if I can get my money back or exchange. They said "we need to send a tech to look at it". Great. He came, told us it is basically just for looks not for sitting in. Wow are you for real. In conclusion I got screwed by these people but you can still run. A chair not for sitting in. I hope my next car is not just for the yard and can't be driven.

Beware once they got your money they don't know you. I bought sofa from them and when it deliver it was beige but not the same beige I saw at the store. When I call them they refused to change it and they said no changes or anything. Other thing I bought protection plan which is lie. When my sofa get stain they refuse to clean it while on the plan said they should and if it did not come off they have to replace it and they deny that. On top of all that the furniture material is very cheap and bad and can stain even when touch by clean hands. I regret buying from them and don't want you to feel the same. Please stay away. One star is too much for them.

A year and a half ago I bought some furniture from Rooms To Go when I purchased my new home. I had to return every piece of furniture when they came to deliver it because there was glass broke and they didn't have the right legs for loveseat and the couch had a rip in it. I had to return the couch three times because of rips and other problems with each couch. I've only had the furniture for year and a half and the couch is just falling apart. I will never purchase another piece of furniture from Rooms To Go again. If I can give it a no star I would. And the tables that came with it are crap. The wood that it is made out of is horrible. If you want to waste your money shop at Rooms To Go. I flushed almost $1500 down the toilet. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Purchased a leather recliner and sofa and both pieces the dye color on the leather has worn off after 2 years. I contacted Rooms to Go and I was told warranty was for 1 year only and they would do nothing for me. I had a furniture dye company give me an estimate of about $150.00 to redye both pieces. Recontacted Rooms and they said sorry nothing can be done by them to satisfy a customer after spending over $2000.00 for what I now consider junk. I will have it redyed and get rid of it asap for I don't want their crap in my house. They have a very poor attitude and I urge anyone that reads this do not deal with Rooms to Go.

I am stuck with some very expensive crappy so-called leather furniture. I have had this furniture for around 5 years - the last 3 years it has had very minimal use but has been conditioned with the stuff they provide you and it was treated when we bought it. It recently - all of a sudden- started picking off and looks horrible. It is advertised as "Top grain leather wherever the body touches"... This isn't leather! It's cheap plastic or vinyl or something that has started to fall apart and get on our clothes if we sit on it. It's embarrassing and unacceptable for furniture that cost this much. I bought the couch, loveseat and recliner. All 3 pieces are doing this. I would like to rate them "no stars" as upset as we are.

We sent the pics to the show us address and got their canned response and they are offering us $849.99 towards a "reselection" and trying to charge us a new delivery fee to bring new selection and haul off the old. Take a look at the pics and you will see that the furniture looks showroom new other than the picking off. What kind of company sells crap like this?? I can tell you... Rooms to Go. Well, they will get no future business from me and I will try my best to make sure I get the word out to my friends and family to save them the same troubles.

My mom and dad bought a "leather" sectional from them about a year after we got ours so I have warned her that hers is probably next to go. They should be ashamed to sell such products. RUN, RUN, RUN out of the showroom and whatever you do, don't fall for the "leather" description they have shown as false advertising. So now I have to spend more money to replace what I need. I am out a lot of money!

My experience with Rooms to Go has been everything BUT pleasant. The day of the first delivery the items were damaged and when I say damaged that may be an understatement. The items were cracked and dented and the delivery told me that this would be expected since the items are being shipped from Vietnam! I did not receive all of the items I purchased that day because I would have to wait ANOTHER 2 weeks to receive new items that were not damaged. I specially set up a date that I would be available!

To my surprise I was scheduled for an entirely different date that I am sure I did not say! All I was told by customer service was that there was nothing they could do and that I would have to wait another 2 WEEKS to have the furniture delivered. Each time I have called the reps have been unapologetic and really do not seem to care. I will definitely not be shopping with this company ever again! They do not care about their customers! Customer satisfaction is far from their goals.

We purchased bedroom furniture for my daughter at the same time as we purchased living room. (2 different accounts) We wanted it delivered on the same day and even changed the style of my daughter's to accommodate delivery date. We waited 3 weeks and only living room furniture arrived. We called Rooms To Go (customer service people are RUDE). Llong story short they had it for old delivery date which was day before Christmas. When they came to put together her bedroom set, we had ordered all black and one piece was white. So we had to stay home and meet delivery people for a 3rd time. No compensation for our time was offered.

Now I get a phone call as the bank that does their financing is outsourced to a country where the accent is so thick you cannot understand--they are asking for payment- I'm like I haven't received a bill yet. Apparently rooms to go put my cell number and the wrong address on my hubby's account. I offered to give them our address. They wouldn't take it as it's my hubby's account. So I told them to call the store to get it corrected as my hubby's at work. They wouldn't. So apparently the salesman put down wrong info, hello and now it's up to us to fix it??? The whole experience was frustrating, the people on the phone are rude and there's very little customer service once you've received your furniture. I won't buy there again. If companies continue to send customer service jobs to foreign countries, they will lose business.

Granted I purchased this sectional sofa about 8 yrs ago, but was told over and over by sales person it was leather. About 3 years ago the "leather" began to flake off. Maybe I was naive, but I would never step foot in Rooms to Go ever again! See attached photos.

We had a very bad experience with Rooms to Go store at the Norcross, Georgia location from the salesman to the delivery manager. We purchased a furniture from this location and was told that our items will be delivered two days later without giving any actual time. Also, we were told that they will call us a day before delivering, and which they did, but still they were not able to give us any specific time.

My husband and I received a call few hours upon delivery but we told them that no one will be home at that time that they were giving us (between 10am-2pm). We asked them to deliver a little later than 2pm and we were told "No", and if they couldn't deliver between that time that they give us then we will be charge a redelivery fee. Furthermore they demanded that we leave our house key somewhere or get a neighbor to come over and wait on them. I ended up taking the day off because I couldn't afford paying them $300 for redelivery. I am so disappointed with rooms to go that I will make sure no one ever purchases any items from Rooms to Go again.

I ordered several pieces of furniture from Rooms to Go. Ordering was super easy (because I left the showroom and did it myself online because the salesman was doing everything he could to not be honest about the actual price of things). The delivery time was quick-ish (about a week) which was totally understandable. HOWEVER, when the furniture was delivered, they were missing a piece to put my dining table together. The delivery guys were super cool and professional and fast and everything I would want from a delivery team. They informed me that the delivery center forgot to add the bracket for my table so they were unable to put this together. I was then informed that it would be "hopefully a week, maybe more" to receive this piece. I paid $250 for delivery for this table along with the rest of the furniture, took off from work to be home in their 4 hour window delivery time, and then was told "whoops" basically.

I contacted customer "care" (care is a strong word for what they do) and was told Rooms to Go doesn't offer any sort of compensation or reimbursement for mistakes and inconveniences because they do not "pay off their customers". That is the statement I had an issue with - as customer service includes paying someone back if you don't hold up your end of the deal. I took off from work to sit at home for someone to come here and tell me "whoops we messed up" so I have to take another day off from work and hope their competence grows exponentially in the meantime. I will literally never consider Rooms to Go for anything in the future.

I was told by the sales representative that sold me my mattress that the old one will be take away when the new one was delivered. When the mattress was delivered, the driver told me "I can't take your old mattress away because I don't have room on my truck." I called and complained about and the representative I spoke with said "it is up to the driver to take your old mattress. He is not obligated to do so." How can the showroom tell you they will remove the old when the delivery people are not required to do so. This is bad customer service and bad business.

Purchased a mattress from Rooms to Go. The one on display did not feel like the one we received. We were told to try it for a month to break it in. I could NOT sleep on it, it was rock hard and I have back problems. The contract reads FULL refund within 48 hours of purchase. The business office wanted to add charges for a return. They stated the contract was not meant for sales. Hence, calling regional support service. Big mistake. I found out they could care less that I have a bad back and this mattress is useless to me. She laughed. And she continued to laugh as I told her how disappointed I was with her services and planned to discuss on Facebook. I was still talking nicely as she hung up on me??? Wellington Florida. Just told by my husband that I could get in trouble by mentioning anyone's name. So, I get bullied and have to accept it. I will never go back to Rooms to Go. The End.

Sofa frame gave out after BARELY being used. Customer service won't do anything because I am out of warranty. I understand I am out of warranty but this is a safety concern, it was barely used. I believe it came malfunctioned from factory. While it was still in warranty we noticed it was not leveled, a technician came out, did not inspect, just sent a replacement leg, now I see the problem was much more than leveling, and replacing the leg. Rooms to Go will not do anything about it! Since there was a reported problem during warranty, and the technician that visited us was not able to properly access the root of the problem, the person did not turn the sofa, inspect the frame, sit on it, or anything, simply looked at it and put in an order for a new leg. There has to be something a company like Rooms to Go can do.

One year of useless warranty, I called to have my leather couch fading color fix and told me that is not covered by warranty and prior to this, I'm waiting for hours for the technician but it end up not able to meet me due to can't locate my address but earlier I was talking to the technician and carefully instruct him about the house location. I called the customer care and asked if he can come back but said it needs to reschedule again but, I told them this is not acceptable since I skip a half day work. They told me if I can send them a picture, so I did, and received a phone call denying my request. Well I guess they just have a very cheap leather material that would not last for a year. If you can avoid them please do so. I just had my couch for 6 months. It's on our theater room which we use just to watch movies. We barely use it. Now that I learned my lesson, "Rooms To Go no more".

This is the worst customer support I have ever encountered. I had my contractor accept delivery and I have a broken buffet table and 4 bar stools that are too short for my counter. I called a month after delivery because I was away and asked for a credit on the bar stools and was told I only have 48 hours to return. Unbelievable. Then asked for a person to come and fix the buffet drawer, that is impossible to say closed and they only can come (in my area) on Wednesdays. Why I have a store right in town. I will NEVER SHOP AT THIS PLACE AGAIN!!! The people in sales when I went to the store were not helpful (I had to buy the table and chairs and buffet I bought online) and the Customer support is less than 1 star but you don't even have an option not to put a star so I was forced to put 1 star. Don't buy there if you want decent treatment.

I bought a iComfort mattress. Worse mattress. Nothing to do with the one I was shown at the store. Also the pillow 89 dollars each. They really hard and nothing to do with the one they have at the store. Rooms to Go ripped me off $3,875. Pure garbage. Cheap quality.

Rooms to Go has the worst delivery service I have ever encountered! Don't believe the 4 hour window. They do not honor it at all! Their customer service will not help! It take two business days to even reschedule the delivery date! I would not recommend this company to anyone unless you have the entire day to wait for delivery!

Customer service at the Fort Myers store was great. Randy treated us right. He gave us space, feedback, and advice. I would definitely refer friends and family to him. I am, however, disappointed with the delivery. There's damage not only to our brand-new furniture but to our walls. We knew something was going to go wrong from the initial contact of the driver and helper. They were obviously in a hurry and as a result treated our property without care. When we heard a loud bang come from our room, we instantly knew there was going to be damage to the furniture.

The product is well-made and elegant. The service at the store was top-notch. We figured that by spending a little extra, our furniture would be delivered right to our room. In my opinion (and this is what I will post in the reviews section) is for the customer to handle the transportation and assembly themselves. The people who do it for RTG don't care enough to be trusted with a $2000 purchase. Unfortunately, the entire experience was tainted because the end result was not delivered as promised. What good is exceptional service and a nice product if it cannot be delivered appropriately? Unsatisfied customer.

Don't trust monthly payments. The product (theater seating couch) came as advertised. RTG had 0% financing for years so it seemed like a good deal to take it. Monthly payment was 87, and I paid 200. Yet, after a few months I took a look at the statement and they were charging me $37 in late fees and $2 in convenience, even with the more than double overpay. A good deal comes with strings apparently.

I was totally satisfied with the sales and support. There was a few problems with delivery but nothing I haven't experienced with other furniture. I had a loose back on a recliner. They fixed it once then replaced it. The problem came when after a year of treating the leather weekly with their conditioner the color started to lighten in one area of the couch. It was on the top of a wedge piece. No one sits or even touches this piece.

I called customer service who gave me another number to call. The number they gave me goes to some entity I don't know and they did not identify themselves. I thought it was another part of RTG but I was wrong. I was told that since the furniture was over a year old (15 months to be exact) that they only cover cracking and that's it. Talked to store and got the same thing. I guess you're ok for 12 months then you're SOL. I have friends and family that have purchased from just about every furniture store and in every price range and there always is some sort of problem. From very high end to the all the furniture you can carry for $100.00. I have about 6 grand in this furniture and no idea of what or where to go. I will need to find a local restorer.

Rooms to Go Company Profile