1.10/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Rooms to Go

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 7, 2017

1701 Rooms to Go Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

We started out our experience at the Glenwood Ave. store in Raleigh, NC. No real complaints here. The staff was helpful and friendly. But after the sale, EVERYTHING went south. Chairs were delivered that were literally smashed in transit. I would later be told by an employee that movers drop the chairs on hard surfaces on a regular basis. Dining table was marked up.

Our redelivery was even worse. The replacement table was more scratched than the one we had from the first delivery. It would be 2 months before this was resolved after several mistakes in scheduling delivery. The service center would lose our order and not show up as scheduled. When I asked what would happen if this 3rd order was beat-up... could I get a refund, it was implied that I would not have that option unless I had a manager come out from the Raleigh store. Ugggh!!!

Luckily, the final delivery truck was packed to perfection. By the way, did I mention that I move personal belongings for a living? After getting everything in place and using the table for a couple of months and after treating the dining set with extra care we have a chair that has been picked after never wearing jeans or rough fabrics on the cushion. Makes me question the durability of the cloth cushions. By taking extra care, we do things like having my 17 year old sit on a towel in her seat. An area on the table top was located that had been touched up with a marker by RTG. The touch up product that they used literally rubbed off under normal use. Well you get what you pay for. We may just sell the set in a few years anyway. Take my advice. Spend a few more $ and go elsewhere if you want something that will last.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

If I could give this company 1/2 star I would do so... I would also be ashamed to work for this company, let alone be associated with them. I am not using Hurricane Harvey as an incentive for swifter delivery times but local companies i.e.: Gallery Furniture and Ashley Furniture can guarantee the same day delivery. I have sadly become accustomed to my blow-up mattress as I have waiting for almost two weeks for my mattress and apparently no one can help or do they really care??? Jonathan told me "If you need it any sooner, why don't you go to the warehouse in Katy and pick it up yourself." James, Karen, Cinnamon, Chesney, Norma and even a supervisor Diana were either curt, condescending or just plain rude. I was told that calls are not transferred to management, and "if you are not happy then that is on you..." Disappointing is an understatement.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Back in 2013, I purchased a Baycliffe Sectional from Rooms to Go. I thought it was leather. After all, I paid for a 3 year leather protection. I live alone, and the furniture is hardly used. I sit mostly in the family room. I always clean it with the protectant they gave us. My Mom had bought furniture there last year, so she gave me all her protectants. I have plenty to last me. Lately, I noticed the furniture is peeling (see attached picture). I googled complaints from Rooms to Go and I only wished I had seen the reviews. I can tell you I will never purchase furniture from them again. They are aware that the furniture is of very poor quality, but they still continue to purchase it from the manufacturer. Had I used this sectional as I should, this problem would have surfaced a long time ago.

I take very good care of my belongings, and I just can't seem to see this disaster in my home. The color is peeling like cheap nail polish and it's an eye sore. If I was the CEO of the company, the store's image should be most important. If customers are posting pictures, and it is clear the quality of the furniture is below standards, then why continue to sell it to poor sap customers. Their PR department need to look into our complaints and their buyers need to stop the madness. As long as the profits flow in, they don't seem to have a care in the world. A shame! My entire family shops at RTG and I am about to purchase another home, I can assure you with a certainty that is set in stone, I WILL NEVER PURCHASE FROM THEM AGAIN!!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Beware for salespeople who will try to push you to order in the showroom. No one disclosed to us that once you order in the showroom there are no exchanges or returns. If you order online you have 48 hours. This is disclosed on the receipt once you purchase everything. Now we are stuck with a $1200 mattress that we cannot use because it causes back pains. The store told us that with manager approval we may exchange possibly, but it has to be the same or higher price plus we pay delivery. Better Business Bureau will be hearing from us.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

We purchased a high dollar mattress from Rooms to Go a few years back. We went into the store with the plan of purchasing a name brand mattress and the sales person sold us on one of their brands saying that it was just as good and $1,000 less. For the first few months the mattress was nice to sleep on, but after several months the bed would cave in after you were on it for a few hours. Memory foam mattress and I guess your body heat would create this issue. We advised RTG of the issue and they sent their techs out to evaluate the mattress, twice. Both times they found nothing wrong. However, I am unable to sleep on the thing without waking up with back pain... I have tried to get them to work with me on a credit towards another purchase, but no luck. I am done with them, I will never spend another dime there!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms To Go?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

We purchased a chair & sofa on 8/20 & we picked it up on 9/6. The couch already has a rip in it & they will not refund or exchange it!! They say because we didn't get the warranty. REALLY!?!? This couch is only 16 days old & it's not even the main couch everyone sits on & it's already torn... I will NEVER EVER buy furniture from there or recommend anyone else for that matter. All they could say was "I'm sorry." Unbelievable!!!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Please understand that I'm not posting this review out of anger at Rooms To Go. My hope is to help someone avoid wasting their money like I did. Please think twice beware purchasing a chair from Rooms To Go. I purchased a Cindy Crawford glider recliner in August of 2014 at the store in Mesquite, Texas. Within 3 months, the chair began to squeak loudly while rocking. Then within a year of my purchase, the chair suddenly made a loud noise while rocking and wouldn't move anymore. On one side, a metal component had bent and wouldn't allow the rocker to move. I called RTG and since it was still under the 1 year warranty, they came out and replaced the entire rocking components under the chair.

Within 3 months it began to squeak again. RTG wouldn't do anything about the squeak. About 9 months later the chair started rocking awkwardly. Something was wrong again. I called RTG and was told they couldn't do anything because it was out of warranty (even though the metal rocking components were only 9 months old!) They said that didn't matter because it went from the purchase date. But by the summer of 2017, rocking in the chair was completely impossible. One of the metal pins had broke out from a hinge and the metal was bent in several places. On top of that, the grinding of the metal components caused metal to flake off and ruined the carpet under the chair. See photos.

I called RTG to see if there was anything they could do to help me since the rocking components were less than 2 years old and my carpet was ruined. They offered no help and didn't seem to care one bit. The salespeople and managers have no real authority to do anything and they just have you call the corporate support number.

To be clear, I used this chair as an ordinary person would. There was no overuse that caused the chair to break. The previous chair I had was a La-Z-Boy and I had it for 7 years and the rocking components still worked perfectly. I replaced that chair only because the upholstery was ripped. I didn't expect the cheaper chair from RTG to last as long as the La-Z-Boy but to have it break twice in 3 years is below my expectations and not worth the money I paid.

I consider myself a reasonable person. A couch or something that doesn't have movable parts might be okay to buy from RTG but I know for sure that the part used in their chairs are low quality and not worth the price. Also, the customer service is extremely poor. Do yourself a favor and find a place where the people working there really do care about you and will try make sure you get quality furniture for a fair price.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I bought a iSofa, sofa, love seat. Paid over 1100 with taxes and fabric protection plan that I didn't want but the sales associate tagged on. I got the 2 years no interest that was great. But little did I know that before the year was up the seat cushions were going to be so flat. I haven't even finished paying them and now I have to purchase replacement cushions at 44.00 a piece. I hope this helps someone. Very bad quality cushions. Will never go back to buy any furniture from them. Save your money. iSofas a joke. Oh and when I called the customer service department they were not very helpful.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

We furnished 2 entire homes here, spent thousands of dollars and ran across a problem with one of our dining chairs within 6 months of purchase. Called our sales guy who put us through to their 800 number to have someone come out and look. Guy comes out, says he can't stitch it. It'll look stupid so he takes a couple pics. Total time here 5 minutes! Get a call a week later saying they decided we caused the under the chair issue. Genius! Cause I often get under my dining table to play hee-haw games (insert extreme eye roll).

Unsatisfied I call back the 800 number only to be told by the rep they can't find the claim... Fast forward 15 minutes miraculously her computer now finds me and she says "Oh those are terrible pictures. You can't tell anything from them." Neat, so the guy you paid to take them sucks. Here let me take some on my cell. I do that, email to them, calls me back, says tear isn't directly on Seam so it's my problem. Cool. Let me talk to supervisor. 24 hours later supervisor is calling saying I should've caught this within 48 hours cause that's all I have to report problems with their apparently crappy furniture... Again sure cause you think, "Hey let me flip this chair upside down cause I bet someone screwed it up." Total unprofessionalism... TERRIBLE customer service... Even worse warranty on the garbage they sell. They lost a customer for life!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

We purchased a "leather" couch from Rooms to Go in May of 2012. In the past five years, the couch has only been used normally by our family. After two years we had to cover the couches, fast forward another three years and you cannot even sit on the couches without bits and pieces falling off. Rooms to Go customer service does not seem to care to do anything and claims it is due to not using their leather conditioner (which I used bi-weekly). This is the second issue I have had with Rooms to Go and the last resulted in me returning the furniture and getting my money back. I have learned my lesson and will never purchase from them again. They blame the consumer for their lack of quality and do not respond to emails or phone calls. It is sad to have celebrities endorse a product that cost the everyday person a lot of money only to break within 3 years and leave us having to spend thousands of dollars on a new couch.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I really did not want to write a review but apparently Rooms to Go could not care about how their customers are being treated. I went into the store on Labor day (9/4/2017) and asked a gentleman for assistance not knowing he was an assistant manager. I informed him that I had received a voucher from salvation army because my home was flooded in the August 2016 flood. We walked around that store for more than an hour or longer and he was very helpful. The voucher was for the amount of $500.00 which didn't give me a big window to chose from but I still appreciate the gift. I was concerned about the delivery cost because Demarco stated I will be charged for each set being delivered which would be taken out of the voucher but only leaving me with maybe $400.00.

I ended up choosing a floor sample TV cabinet/stand and another stand and a side chair from a kitchen table to cover the whole voucher amount. ** informed me that because those items were floor samples I would have to pick them up from the store that they could not be delivered. Which I was glad because I did not want to pay the extra delivery price. The sale was made and the voucher was handed over to him. I asked when could I pick up my items he said because it was a holiday that the corporate office was closed to accept the voucher. I called the next day they gave me the runaround. Then ** called the following day and said that corporate said I could not pick up floor samples.

I went to the store and asked for my voucher back because I know I had an expiration date on it. I was told that they sent it to corporate already and corporate would have to send it back. I called the following day, he stated that corporate could not find the voucher. I called the office located in Florida located in the same building with corporate and spoke with Dee. She took all my information and said she didn't see anything about a voucher and it was showing as a pickup but like I need to pay on it. She also informed me that corporate does not say who can pick up what from the store.

Apparently corporate still can't find my voucher so I receive a call from Landon to send a copy of my voucher to Monique **. I did that and she said she can't read it to resend it. I did that and asked her to reply if she can read it she has not responded. I called the store and spoke with ** on 9/12/2017 and asked him to contact her. I am still waiting on him to call me back from yesterday which was suppose to take no more than an hour. I have no merchandise and my voucher expires 9/16/2017 and today is 9/13/2017.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

They are not helping Hurricane Harvey victims! I wish I could give 0 stars because they don't care about their customers, only about money. They are campaigning that they are helping Hurricane Harvey victims by donating furniture and money but they aren't helping their own customers who lost everything in the flood. My entire home was flooded during Harvey and my furniture (purchased through RTG) was destroyed and had to be thrown out. I called RTG to see if they could send replacements while I continue to pay the monthly payments for the balance I still owe. I asked if there was anything they could do to help me and they said no because the warranty I purchased does not cover weather related events.

So basically, I confirmed with them that I would have to continue making monthly payments on furniture I no longer have and they said yes, there was nothing they could do and to have a nice day. Extremely insensitive people! I lost everything to Harvey and all they want is their money. So much for their RoomsToGo/Texas relief Care campaign that they keep advertising.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Beware of the back order gimmick!I bought 2 recliners from Rooms to Go in Houston, on July 30, 2017, and paid for them in full. I was told the chairs would be available on August 24, if I wanted to pick them up from their distribution center (showroom where I made the purchase is located at this facility) or they could be delivered to my house on August 28. I paid extra to have the chairs delivered. On Friday, August 25, Rooms To Go called me to confirm delivery on, Monday, August 28. So far so good!

We had a serious weather event in Houston that weekend, and Rooms to Go cancelled the August 28 delivery. No problem, the weather was really bad and rescheduling the Monday delivery was absolutely the right thing for them to do. The next contact I had with Rooms to Go was on August 31, and we rescheduled the delivery to Wednesday, September 6. On September 5, I checked online to find out my delivery time. To my surprise, I discovered my delivery date was changed to September 27 - I assumed this date was a data entry error.

I called the Rooms to Go delivery number (800) 766-6786. The customer service representative told me the chairs are on back order. This made no sense since they had called me on August 25 to confirm my August 28 delivery date - to me this meant they had the chairs. I was then transferred to the local store where I had purchased the chairs, and I spoke to Cheryl (?). She confirmed the delay was due to a back order issue. I told her this does not make sense since they had confirmed on August 25 (before the weather event) my August 28 delivery; which means they had the chairs then.

We went around in circles and she could not answer how the chairs could be on back order since they had previously confirmed delivery. Cheryl asked me what I wanted and I told her the delivery of my chairs this week or my money back. She said she would cancel my order and literally hung up on me. It is my suspicion RTG sold my chairs to another customer in the interim period. I found Cheryl to be abrupt, rude, and not customer friendly. Perhaps she had been personally impacted by the terrible storm we had. But, that does not explain what happened to my chairs.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I purchased a full bedroom set about a month ago. Delivery was scheduled for August 27th. I was waiting between my "window" from 11 am-3 pm. I received a call right before 3 saying they were running late. When they arrived at 4:30 pm, they were completely rushing around. They left tags sitting on the dresser and chest not to mention they did not have the hardware to hang the mirror on my dresser.

I was told I needed to call customer service to put in the order. In doing so, the hardware was supposed to be here within 3-5 business days. Needless to say, it's been over a week and I've yet to receive it. I called back this morning to inquire about the hardware and was told it would be here tomorrow but wasn't told if I would get a call from a technician or whatever. More importantly, I paid over $2200 for my furniture AND I found damage on one of the nightstands and the dresser. Two huge chips. I asked about getting a replacement and was told that I only have 2 days to report any damage noticed.

I travel weekly for my career and I'm a single parent, needless to say I didn't notice the damage initially and called as soon as I noticed. They said they could send a tech out on September 30th!!! That's 3 weeks away from today which is September 5th. Not conducive to the customer and extremely frustrating. They said that once the technician looked at the damage, they would determine whether or not they would be replacing the items. Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! Not a good way to treat their customers and I'm not happy about this.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

We purchased over $5000.00 of furniture from Rooms to Go and when I placed an air freshener on top of it the paint came off the nightstand and revealed a refurbished nightstand. This was only two months after purchase. When asked to replace they denied. Worst experience ever with any furniture company. We have purchased 90% of all our furniture from them for nearly 20 years. But never again. They lost my business over $149.00.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Purchased several items from Rooms To Go, my so-'called' high-end Dining Room Set by Cindy Crawford is a piece of junk, chairs falling apart and customer service did not want to help me on this matter.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Several problems on one visit. First, if you think you'll get a cheaper price @ outlet by picking up yourself, WRONG! Price is possibly more and you're forced to buy a $100 cover if you want the warranty to be good, they try to get you by telling you $150 to incl. pad and I refused. Second, you have a receipt that is broken down where you don't know what you're paying for. I told them to include railings and didn't know until I stood in 100+ degree warehouse and they said railings not on receipt.

If you want a cheaper price, order online and the mattress cover is $69 (not a brand name). I detest being deceived. They are going to beg you to open a interest free acct. I'd rather pay interest on my card because I don't trust these people. I had another worse experience with a couch that broke w/in 2 weeks a few years back. My sister in law talked me into this with "outlet prices". NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

When delivered, night stand and dresser had defects and damage. Called customer service many times. Made appts. many times and only showed up once to look at furniture. They said they would fix or replace, but no one showed up. Now the material on the headboard to the bed is coming apart. I wanted to buy another headboard at Rooms to Go and they said they don't carry that bedroom set and, "There's nothing we can do for you."

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

We bought over $11,000 of furniture from Rooms to Go in March. Our bedroom furniture nightstand received a significant scratch on top. I just called to see if they could find a source for touch up paint (I would do the repair myself). They could even give me the code for the paint nor a part number. NOTHING!!! Please do yourself a BIG favor and don't waste your money on any of their products!!! Worst store ever!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I ordered a bed online; Ended up asking for a refund. They kept the delivery fee even though nothing got delivered. Never had such a bad experience from any other company. I'm very disappointed. Can't even get the bed I wanted because somehow the bed is discontinued. How can the bed be discontinued if I was allowed to order it? I'll never order from Rooms to Go again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

What a bullshit warranty they have. One of my the spring broke in the cushion the second chair is sagging in cushion. Both are only 14 months old. The extended warranty department will only replace one of the two, and said the second chair is not under warranty. Called the customer service department back and they said they have to go by what the tech said about the chair. Well hello people the second chair isn't only sagging the arm is broken as well. We have bought two bedroom sets, two living room sets. NEVER AGAIN...

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

'My' experience with 'them' has left me with the absolute impression that this company has turned into just another corporate giant that has absolutely no procedures in place for when they make mistakes, mistakes that have negative impacts on their customers' daily schedules. Right now their 'cause' has 'affected' me in a way that I feel abused. But I'll get over it once I transfer my frustration onto this complaint site. How a corporate entity deals with its mistakes are when you find out just what kind of company they are. All their care seemingly goes into marketing and selling, they totally and spectacularly failed when it came to actually delivering my product. There was a complete 360 degree difference in their sales procedures to their logistics procedures. I would compare it to - One is from planet earth the other is from an unknown planet in a far away galaxy where robots run the show, badly.

The day of delivery was scheduled. I took a day off from my work to be home for them. They called at 7.02 am to give me a schedule of 8.00 - 8.30 am, even though they should have done that the day before. So I had booked the whole day off because I had no idea what time to expect them. They called again at 8.22 am asking me what apartment building I was in and I explained I am in a house, not a building. It turned out, they were trying to deliver my order to an apartment building over 250 miles away. I have never lived anywhere close to where that was, as the driver tried to imply I had used an old address! He was innocent otherwise. Just following errors that should not be tolerated, errors cause customer disloyalty and the bottom line suffers. How much time, fuel etc. did this one error make?

Some mystery person had been into my order at Rooms To Go, the day after it was placed and put in this address, but they claimed they didn't know who, or why.

Anyway, back to me. So being the emotionally intelligent, reasonable person that I am, I accepted that my furniture was not going to be arriving this Wednesday August 2nd 2017. I say - "I donated my furniture last night knowing you were coming, can I have it by Friday then please, I can sit on the floor for a couple of days". They say- "Oh no, we'll call you on Saturday to reschedule, your order is locked and we can't look at it again for 48 hours."

So I re-negotiated and it took me another hour of persistent phone calls to get someone to agree to call me on Friday and request a quick delivery. My order must be top secret information to be locked for 48 hours and not one person in the company can unlock it, not even the man himself Jeffrey Seaman because they said "Oh no, he doesn't talk to customers", in a manner that left no doubt in suggesting it's beneath him. Amazing what happens to a man when he becomes too successful to give a damn, they become just a concept of themselves. But this is Corporate America at its finest.

I wanted to call him to see if he had a spare sofa I could use until they decide when they can deliver my new sofa and chairs, and to give him some advice on how to turn his business into one that has integrity, as well as profit? Just because he's got rooms to go doesn't mean he knows better than me. But, he doesn't talk to customers, so why would I want to talk to someone like that anyway? I asked if I could talk to the head of customer care, they said "They don't talk to customers." The system is in charge at rooms to go "It's locked Maam." So it's locked, that's it then, no more talking!

So the Rooms to Go system has no integrity, no pride, no morals, no empathy and no skills or procedures to deal with mistakes... Until they decide to unlock the orders a few days later and then maybe, hopefully call me back to let me know when I can have the order delivered? In the meantime, I'll sit on the floor, happy that I am not working for an organization that has multiple personalities. They reel you in, then abuse your time and mentality, similar to how a sociopath deals with their victims.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Beware of this Sectional, do not purchase! Too many problems with this whole experience to include all. Purchased LAF Sofa, RAF Chaise and ottoman from RTG Clermont. Delivery was late (10:30 pm) and both delivery persons appeared drunk. Sectional was not wrapped or protected and had spots, delivery man apologized that it was his sweat and it would wipe right off. Spots could not be wiped off.

After 4 attempts to redeliver new Sectional with all of them spotted, I asked for a refund. Told that RTG could pick them up and refund my 400$ paid in cash in 2-3 billing cycles. I put down 400$ and financed the rest, but they could not give back the 400$ so I could go look for another sofa. I would have to be without sofa for 2-3 billing cycles. Customer Service was not willing to work with us and very rude at times. We ending up signing a take as is with a refund that still has not been received, 6 months later now. Jason the manager at Clermont even left a message on my home voice mail promising a check in the mail for the refund, that of course never came. So tired of trying to get what was promised to me. Worst customer experience and purchase ever.

Original review: July 29, 2017

Save your money. The furniture protection plan is some bull. They just took pictures of my furniture, called me back and said I will have to get it professional cleaned because it got too many spots. They only spot clean, They never even tried to spot clean it.

Original review: July 28, 2017

RTG is a RIP off. Bought a sofa and recliner in 2015 and still making, payments on it. The sofa, is busting loose on one end, and it's hardly sat on!?!?!. I was told, when I bought the furniture that it had a 5 year warranty... WHAT A JOKE! Had I have done some research first, I would have found that NOT to be true! So, the sales person LIED! NEVER again will I do business with this scam of a company!! STAY AWAY!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

Original review: July 25, 2017

Was given a delivery window over the phone for 1-4. 5 minutes till 4 they call and say that the original window was 4-7 and that now they were behind and wouldn't get here till 7-10. First off, What the heck are they doing delivering to anyone at 10 at night! That's ridiculous! We've waited and wasted ALL day now! Explained to them that I had to get up early the next morning for work and that there's older people here and that is disturbing their rest. We don't have a bed to sleep in. Nothing they could do. You give someone a time window, be there. Not good business! Customer service could care less. You're paying this much for something, You expect better. Once this is paid off, I don't intend to darken their door again.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I purchased a love seat and sofa which we love. However less than a few months into use, the filled cushions have lost their firmness to the point that it is not comfortable to sit on. At the point of sale the salesman told us that if we had any problem with the cushions that a trained service tech come to our home would take care of the issue and replace if they can't fix it. Also we have purchased protection plan for spill and food, the deal was if they can clean it they will replace it. Techs came to my house and determine that the stain are too large for them to clean. What kind of BS is this.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I bought a dining set at Rooms to Go. They deliver the product missing components. After my contact with their Customer Service they delivered the wrong stuff. I have now been contacting them to fix the issue and they want to replace the entire set. They can't confirm the time of delivery. What a crappy store and what a crappy Customer Service Department.

Original review: July 18, 2017

Purchased a sofa, loveseat and ottoman February of 2016. Several months later purchased a chair that went with the set, in a different fabric but matched the pillows and ottoman. We have this in our living room. Maybe sit on it once a week. We are older. It's only the two of us and while cleaning it recently I noticed it's not wearing well. The cushions are showing wear and pilling terrible plus seams are ripping. I emailed the company and was told they could at their convenience sew the seams but the pilling and the wear was normal. Really!!! It's only a little over a year old. We keep it covered much of the time and don't even sit on it every day!! The stuff they sell is garbage. We are so disappointed.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I went to the store on July 8, 2017. I picked out the bed I wanted and had a great experience with the sales lady Peggy. I asked if they would take the old bed and she said as long as it's noted on the order & she put it on the order & double checked to make sure it was there & it was. The delivery date was for July 14, 2017. They arrived and delivered and left. I was not home at the time of delivery but my husband was home, he had the old bed by the front door and they didn't take it. I came home at lunch and saw they hadn't taken the old bed. I called customer service and they called the delivery driver and he said he asked my husband where the bed was and my husband did not answer. They never asked him anything other than where he wanted the new bed.

The CSR said the delivery driver was too far away to come back and get the bed. I told him it didn't have to be that day but I don't have room in my house for it that's why I was sure to have it added to the order. He said he would contact the delivery manager and call me back. He called back and said they were not going to pick it up. He said it's a he said she said scenario and they WOULD NOT come get it. I called the store and spoke with Peggy on July 15 and told her what happened, she apologized and got her manager. Her manager was rude and kept trying to talk over me. I finally had to ask him to be quiet and let me finish.

After telling him everything he finally said they would not come pick the bed up. Even after I told him that I would probably never buy from Rooms To Go again because of the delivery experience. We feel they were unprofessional and immoral (for lying) with the exception of Peggy. I will let everyone I know how they are and to not buy from Rooms To Go in San Antonio. I tried to find a way to contact corporate but the only email address available was for customer service which obviously would not help. They have great prices and sales people but they lack greatly in customer service, delivery & management.

Rooms to Go Company Information