Rooms to Go
1.14/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Rooms to Go

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1895 Rooms to Go Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Do not buy at Rooms To Go of you want respect and honesty. I’m a consumer and I want a good product at a fair price and I want respect and honesty AFTER the sale. I did not get that at Rooms To Go. The salesman was great - nothing against him, after all, it behooves him to do his job well. One caveat: the delivery window was 7 calendar days later; I’ve bought furniture MANY times in the past and am used to three. That should have been the first indication that Rooms To Go’s supply chain was weak and possibly fraught with problems.

After the sale it all fell apart. My delivery was scheduled for 7 AM – 11 AM and that means the truck is loaded and on the road BEFORE 7 AM. At 9:45 the call came in: my delivery was not going to occur because the driver called-out. I’m sorry, what? Rooms To Go has a single point of failure that impacts tens of thousands of dollars of merchandise with no back-up or risk management plan in place? No agency to call upon that provides a pool of per diem workers as many other businesses let alone furniture stores have in-place? And it took Rooms To Go at least 4 hours to let me know?

Then the lying started. The Rooms To Go dispatcher told me my order was first on the truck for the next day. That means 7:00 AM, right? Right. Liar. The Rooms To Go receptionist who answered the phone at the store told me my order was first on the truck for the next day. That means 7:00 AM, right? In fact, she told me her mother who lived in the same town as me received her delivery at 6:45 AM. Liar. The Rooms To Go MANAGER at the store told me my order was first on the truck for the next day. That means 7:00 AM, right? Liar.

At 8:01 AM I cancelled the order and the customer care center representative, when hearing why, had no concern or remorse in her voice, in fact, she made it sound like this was incredibly routine for them! No escalation, no apology, just another dissatisfied customer, oh well. Could you imagine if I was calling Rooms To Go for a warranty or other post-sale need? Do not buy at Rooms To Go if you want respect and honesty. #RoomsToGo

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Go into store, excited, make a $6,000 purchase. Their delivery people are outsourced and rough handle furniture and your walls and doors. Delivery persons on smartphones instead of setting up with care. I had to advance pay $400 for local delivery and set up. Never ever again. Big Lots is America made and I will delivery myself with my personal truck. Never will shop rooms that blow.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I will never purchase from Rooms to Go again. I paid for a recliner 3 months in advance and then they can't give me a time frame on delivery. Basically I had to stay home all day. They could have given me a courtesy call with a window. And yep 5:30 pm the guy comes rolling up. Horrible customer service. And the price of this leather recliner wasn't any less expensive than other furniture stores, they just had the color I wanted. Please rethink we and how you want a delivery. It is an all-day affair.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Well as a gift for my fiance I wanted to get her something nice for Mothers' Day. Well this has been the first time I've done a service call being that there an extended warranty. Well she is, "Why are the sofas getting lint balls. They're only 6 months old. And pillows are leaning like they need to be beaten into shape..." I really don't know about anyone but she was upset to see the black liner sagging when she was cleaning under the couches as normal. Well ok she called it in and she get asked, "Well what have you been doing on the sofas in order to get the lint balls..." She felt offended as to like, "What da... ** you think I've been doing. Idk about you guys but we did not buy the sofas to just spend almost 2500. May be a little more but still my hard earned money!!! To just look at them and not sit on either."

Well the service tech come and he's professional and all but when my wife saw him with just a BIC shaver and going over the lent balls on the pillows and armrests she was vivid... I'm surprised she didn't put him out!!! She let him try to fix it. She just called and went to complain to customer service and spoke to a Nichol and was told she had to wait for someone to call her... from the office that took care of her case. Oh wow she was even more vivid...

Rooms to Go you guys should be ashamed of mere fact that your employees are not that important enough to even be given a battery operated lint balls cutter... but a mere 99 cent box shaver. That will eventually shave them down too, where if I have to call in a service order every 6 months or so eventually you guys will be shaving the cushions 'cause that is thinning out the armrests and seating... and if that peels away then what are you guys going to do. I would never buy from them again... not even an outlet. Save your money and time go to one of those Value City type of places!!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I have not had a good experience with RTG the last two times I used them. First, this time I had to reschedule delivery with them 3 times because they could not come within the time frame that they gave me. They did not call to state they were running late the first time, we called them and were told they were behind. They were due between 2-4 and it changed to 7-10. I have to work and had to cancel. The delivery today was late, but they did call. When I got a text stating they were in route to my house it was still an hour and a half later before they showed up.

It interferes with my work schedule and everything else. Then the bed was not put together properly. After the workers left we had to move the bed over and found that there was a defect in the headboard among other things. We called and they were pleasant about replacing it but it will take a week for it to get here. It should have never been put together in the first place with the defect. I don't believe I will ever use RTG again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms To Go?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Worst experience ever! We had our first set of couches delivered which were massive. 3 days later we went into the store and advised the store manager of this (which they have a 3 day policy to report property damages) and the property damages. He said he would notify someone and they would get in touch with me by Monday to get this squared away. Because HE DID NOT NOTE my claim, now the claims department doesn’t want to pay for the damages. I’ve been fighting with them since September and is now November! And to make matters worse, this is our brand new home! I’ve even wrote on the BBB regarding this matter and they still haven’t reached out to me! I would never order from Rooms to Go!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Delivery service is absolutely horrible. The first time I scheduled delivery from them, our furniture came damaged. We had to reschedule the delivery. The second time they came to deliver furniture, they did not fulfill the delivery as said and marked the exchange as complete. If I didn’t contact customer service, we would have been stuck with the same damaged dresser. He also showed up during a different time frame as stated in the initial delivery notification, so no one was home to let him in. We didn’t receive any initial notification that he’d be early.

We had to rely on our apartment complex to let them in. Instead of going to the front office and getting them to let him in, he left and said that the exchange was complete. We had to reschedule the delivery for a third time. Customer service was not helpful - the only thing they could tell me is that they would just need to keep rescheduling. If your delivery schedule was not reliable the last two times, what makes you think I would trust it for the third time? ** service all around at best. I’m really tempted to just tell them to take it all back and give me back my money. Learned my lesson. I won’t purchase from them again.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I purchased a Queen Bed on 10/2518. The delivery was on 10/2718. The footboard was not put on the truck, called customer service. They told me it would be 11/1/2018 when they would deliver another footboard. I also discovered a discoloration in the wood on the Headboard and I customer service again they said they would send someone out to repair it on 11/1/2018. Well today is 11/1/2018 and the repair guy comes and not only over stains the issue but also another area on the Headboard and now I have dark patch on the Headboard.

The footboard delivery arrives today only for it to be Damaged, dented and scratched!!! I’m livid! So now I have to wait until next week to receive another Headboard and Footboard and the ONLY compensation for the damaged furniture and my inconvenience is they’re going to waive my $59.99 delivery fee! I will Never do business with them again!! I shouldn’t have to go 2 weeks without a bed!! When they have a warehouse right here in Houston Tx! I asked if they could get it to me sooner? No, I asked if I could possibly get a discount on either the footboard that I initially never received or the Headboard that their repair guy messed up on the Headboard, No... Well I could keep the damaged Headboard and get a discount but I would lose the warranty... How does that help me!?

They got all of my money when I purchased this bed however I didn’t get all of my merchandise and I’ve had to miss work to be home only to get damaged furniture from Rooms To Go!! But they don't care about that. I’m not trying to get an for free but geesh the 2 weeks to a bed!? Never Ever Again!!! I’m so disappointed! This is my first major purchase after losing everything in Harvey and now I’m still sleeping on the couch for another week!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

At the end of July 2018, I purchased a new living room set. The set arrived just as I was about to move to a new city for my job, (from Charleston, SC to Baltimore, MD). I discovered that the one of the pieces (the coffee table) was defective and could not be set up. I immediately called and gave the new address, stating the error and that I would need a new coffee table. I was told on the phone that they would send a "part" rather than a new table.

Due to the nature of the defect, I insisted that wouldn't work but I was reassured that it would and that I had to allow for 4 weeks at max to receive the part. I was patient and waited. Shortly after the 4 week mark (early September), I had not received anything and still had a broken coffee table sitting wrapped up in my living room. I called and was told that I had not received my "part" because the order was cancelled and that they were sorry that no one informed me. I was told the order was cancelled because a "part" wouldn't fix my issue (something I said in the first place).

I was THEN told that someone would be sent out to bring me an entirely new coffee table and take the old one way, however it would take over a month being that I was in an area with no RTG now and that they only deliver on Mondays. I chose to be patient, took the day that was given to me and TOOK OFF OF WORK for the delivery.

By October's delivery date, I was called an informed that my delivery window was now on a Wednesday, not Monday. Having already took off work for the day I was quoted, I called. I received yet another apology for the lack of communication and that the phone clerk misspoke when telling me it would be delivered on this specific Monday, rather than it was leaving the warehouse on Monday. Even still, I adjusted. I was able to get my ONE new friend (completely new city and state for me) to wait for the new Wednesday delivery while I went to work only to find that they BROUGHT THE WRONG FURNITURE.

So I called again, was given more apologizes, was told that someone had keyed my information in incorrectly, and that I would be given a new delivery date... again for a month out. November. At this point, I had just planned to call out of work for whatever day they gave me (which I shouldn't have to do in the first place). There WAS however, certain days that I would not be available to receive a delivery because I would be out of town for a work trip. I received a call today that I have a new scheduled delivery... ON THE DAY I SAID I COULD NOT DO. I called yet again and was told my delivery could be moved to next week but it would not be guaranteed that I would be given a date before the next day I said I couldn't do (my Thanksgiving trip). I even went as far as to ask if I could pick up my furniture from a store in the state I'm taking my business trip to since a warehouse is there. I was told that this wasn't an option.

I purchased furniture in July. It is November and I STILL do not have what I paid for. Rooms to Go doesn't seem to be in any hurry to fix this problem or address how their negligence has affect a customer. I had fully intended on making another purchase for my new house through RTG but at this rate, I don't believe they will service me properly or care about the money they are costing me to take off of work repeatedly. I write this complaint because clearly calling does nothing and my patience is about up. After 4 months, I feel I reserve that right and I would love to speak with someone from corporate about their standard operating procedures for manners such as this.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Purchased a Cindy Crawford sofa and loveseat 3 years ago. It is a leather set in a seafoam blue color. The seat cushions are rubbing together from normal use (no children or pets in the home) and the color is coming off leaving white splotches. So far this has not occurred on the parts of the sofas that are easily seen. When I contacted RTG for suggestions to prevent this, I was told not to intentionally pour anything on it and because of the "liability that could occur from any of their suggested fixes" they could not help me. I was asked if I would like to purchase new cushions, but when I asked the price was told the sofa was discontinued and not available for reorder. BEWARE of purchasing leather furniture from Rooms to Go.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Purchased a dining room set with bonded leather chairs. They are rarely used, but the material has started crack after 1 year and is now in a state of decomposing and is just peeling off. Embarrassing quality.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I purchased a leather recliner 4 years ago and the leather is peeling... I live on my own and travel a lot of work so the chair has been rarely used. I provided pictures of the defective product. The customer service was quick to respond with an offer of $275 towards a new chair that I have to use in 30 days. So Rooms to Go sold me a defective product and now I have to give Rooms to Go with more of my money so that I can buy another product that potentially will be defective again? I love how they stand behind the products they sell and how they are doing me a favor by providing this $275 towards another product. I purchased a new mattress at the same time and Rooms to Go had to replace this too. If they really believed in their products they would give a visa card that I could use at Rooms to Go or take my business elsewhere.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I ordered online from Rooms to Go a king Upholstered headboard & footboard and scheduled delivery for Wednesday October 24th, 2018. Delivery was not made because the delivery team said I was not home. It turns out they went to the wrong address. They even described my home to prove they were there, unfortunately it was not my home which they admitted but still would not turn the delivery around. I did reschedule for Friday October 26th, 2018. Because it is an express delivery I must be willing to wait from 7 am to 10 pm. I agreed. I called at 8:15 pm to ask where my delivery is and am told I am next. At 9:15 pm I call again and after a few minutes am told the delivery will not be made and they rescheduled me for Sunday 9 am to 12. Can you believe that. I cancelled the order. There is more to this story but I am tired of typing. Complete incompetence!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I purchased mattress from Rooms to Go. Within 4 months you cannot even sleep on them. Sinking and springs pressing on your body. Called customer service to get replaced. Customer service is horrible just like their products. Never BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS PLACE. Bestway Furniture is better than this crap!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

We recently purchased a new home & with that of course you want new furniture. Went to purchase our master bedroom and 2 bedrooms for our 2 young daughters. We purchased the Handly Manor king 9 piece set, media chest, marble top console, Tempur-Pedic King mattress, and mattress protectors. We purchased one of the Disney Princess Silver full size 6 piece and another Disney Princess Silver full size 5 piece, plus 2 Kingsdown Geralyn Full Mattress and 2 mattress protectors. We spent over $15k in total.

When the day came for delivery, but keep in mind almost 1-2 months later. First delivery was master bedroom. The two delivery guys damaged almost every single piece of the bedroom set, as well as damages to the inside of my home. The way they handled my items through the front door, through my bedroom door, reclining pieces against my walls and windows. I immediately called Rooms to Go after inspecting every single piece. I noticed some damages were not from the delivery guys, it seemed like manufacturer defects or while packaging & assembly from warehouse. Little to say some pieces seemed like they had been retouched trying to cover previous damages. It seemed Refurbished?

I called customer service made complaints about everything and requested for the whole bedroom set to be exchanged including the mattress, because when they removed plastic and grabbed it with their dirty hands they left dirty fingerprints all over the white top mattress. The second delivery almost everything was better, except I noticed they had not completely exchanged the bed. It was same foot & head posts, headboard, canopy, and mattress. I called again to customer service to report.

Third delivery attempt was to complete my master bedroom exchange and deliver the 2 full size bedroom sets. Before they even started I had to explain to the delivery guys all the issues and huge dissatisfaction I have been dealing with Rooms to Go. They assured me that before opening every single box they would allow me to inspect. They were very careful in handling and opening everything. All was going well until one of the full size headboard had a damage to it. They had not even removed it from the packaging box. Everything else from the 2 full size bedrooms was fine. Then came exchanging the pieces for master bedroom. Again they were allowing me to inspect every time they opened a box.

Well was very disappointed when the pieces were already damaged and in worse conditions than what I currently had. Remember that everything comes in packaging boxes, so how can it be that furniture is already damaged if it should supposedly be new. They were only able to exchange some of the pieces and Tempur-Pedic mattress. These guys even had to finish assembling my bed because apparently the first & second delivery guys had not. My headboard, footboard, bedrails, and canopy had loose screws, missing screws, or not assembled correctly. Even the frame legs for Tempur-Pedic mattress were loose.

I was very please with the delivery guys' well done job. Except now I have to call customer service once again to request headboard, one headboard post and one footboard post to be replaced. Didn't have the canopy assembled yet until these posts are exchanged. I also have to request an exchange of headboard for Disney Princess Silver full size sleigh bed. How can it be that items are already damaged before you remove from a packaged box? This is company with about 226 stores in 11 states and revenue of billions. How can they be selling & delivering this quality of furniture? After this experience, which I'm currently still technically even finished dealing with them. I will never ever purchase furniture from them again or recommend them to family, friends, or anyone else.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I purchased a sofa, love seat and recliner from here. I was told the distribution center is way up in Suwanee, GA. They said the earliest I could even pick it up was at least 7 days. Also be prepared to get there and wait up to 2 hours to get them to pull your furniture. They have a sorry process in place. I will not but anything else from them. If you miss your scheduled pick up date you have to go back on the calendar for another week or two before you can pick up furniture you already paid for. Be warned.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

My experience with Rooms To Go and Sealy is the worst ever experienced. I purchased a mattress with an adjustable base frame from Rooms-To-Go, manufactured by Sealy. Be aware that when you purchase an item from Rooms-To-Go, you can give the sales rep an available day for delivery, but you cannot give a time frame. You will be notified 2 days before your scheduled delivery day of the timeframe for delivery. If the time frame is not suitable on your available day, you must contact customer service and follow that same unmanageable scheduling process. I had to ask a neighbor to carry my husband to dialysis so that I could be at home to accept a delivery during the time frame that was good for Rooms-To-Go and not good for me, the customer.

When the mattress and adjustable base arrived, the base had a clicking sound. The delivery rep would not return the mattress and base. I was told to call customer service to have the base repaired. When I called Rooms-To-Go customer service, I was routed to Sealy, the manufacturer of the mattress and base. When I informed the Sealy Rep that I could not crawl under the bed to get the box that controlled the base, I was instructed to call them back when I had someone available to crawl under the bed. The rep insisted that the box needed resetting and a service rep is not called to reset the box.

When I called local Rooms-To-Go customer service and informed the manager of the response from Sealy, I was told that a local repairman was not available to fix the problem. When I threatened to request a return and refund, I was told that the 5-year warranted stated by the sales rep was not true. On the back of the sales receipt, is a statement written in small print that upon delivery there was a no refund policy. The manager stated that if I requested a new base, I would be charged even if the original base was broken.

I called the 800 Customer Delivery Service, and the rep contacted the local office to get a repairman to service the base. Again I went through the unmanageable scheduling process to get a repairman to come to service the base. Two weeks later, when the serviceman arrived he determines that the box is broken and needs replacing. It was not a simple reset issue as insisted by the Sealy Rep. I must go through another unmanageable scheduling process to get a base replacement. I got the base yesterday, Oct. 18, 2018. I ordered the bed on August 26, 2018. It took almost 2 months to get a properly working base for my mattress.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Horrible business! I ordered two bedroom sets and a living room set. The price I paid included the set up/assembly at home. When the delivery guys arrived they were in a hurry to run to their next appointment and refused to assemble at my home. They asked me to contact customer service to have them come back for assembly. When customer service was contacted they refused to send them back or do anything about the delivery. As I sought intervention from the supervisor Justin, I was horrified. Not only did he refuse to do anything at all or fulfill the unfulfilled part of the order (assembly) which was included in the price, He was extremely rude and obnoxious. I have never dealt with such a terrible customer service supervisor who lacks the basic skills and etiquette even besides not making the slightest attempt to address a customer's concerns. Never again will I order from this business.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I am highly dissapointed with their delivery service. Nobody prior inform when they are coming. Did not wait for 10 mins and left. Then customer care told me you cannot reschedule untill 48 hours. Worst service! Customer service is not helping at all.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Updated on 10/25/2018: As a follow up to my previous post. The company responded on this site to say this wasn’t right and order number. THAT’S ALL. Obviously it’s worth joking about to them. They are not trying to solve the problem. Very poorly handled.

Original Review: After the third delivery because the first two couches were tattered like rats chewed on them. I finally received a couch set worth inviting company over. The problem!!! The delivery guys totally busted the frame around my glass door. When RTG called to ask about the delivery. I told them what happened. She seemed to totally not care. My door is still broken. No one called to follow up with a repair suggestion. Next time ignore the call. They don’t really care about your experience.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I want this to reach the top executives of Rooms to Go, so they can see the poor job the associate, Sherman did. I bought a dining table and power sectional during the Labor day sale 2018. I had to put several hundred dollars down. Not to mention the 3 week wait on the table and 6 week wait on the sectional. After I get the table, it was totally incorrect. They brought the completely wrong table. Had to wait 2 more weeks with a huge table that we didn't have space for.

Then after waiting 6 weeks for the sectional I was so excited about. Today Oct 13, 2018 I get the sectional and of course wrong again. The configuration is not the one I picked in store, just like the one on the sales floor. Not to mention the Salesman, didn't write anything up. Right now I have to wait even longer, 2 to 3 weeks to get the configuration I wanted. They fixed the table issue with no compensation. And now I have to wait weeks before I can get the sectional I wanted. I want to be compensated for my time of waiting extra weeks for not what I paid for. This needs to be seen and I have had the worst first time experience at Rooms to Go. I will never refer anyone I know to buy from them.

As a matter of fact I will let everyone know of all the problems I had and like I said NO COMPENSATION. No understanding, no discount, nothing at all. They think they can send it out weeks later and all is fine. Well it's not and I hope all of you reading this but from somewhere else so you don't have the headache I had to go thru for over 6 weeks now. Willowbrook Houston location, Sherman is the associate just looking to make a sale and not checking what he wrote up is correct, nor did he go over it. You trust they write up the right sales info and they don't. I will never buy from this Rooms to Go and I am very disappointed in how they handle the customer service claims when it's clearly their fault.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I respectfully demand that this be forwarded and delivered to the top Executive Customer Relations department officials of Rooms to Go. I demand a response and Executive resolution. There have been grave error committed by Rooms to Go that are thoroughly documented. On August 29th I walked into Rooms to Go Boca Raton FL. I sat on a Milano Stone Power Plus reclining Loveseat with Center Console. SKU 15406449 **. It was part of a big Labor Day Sale. In order to close the sale they offered for me to pay a $100 deposit to lock in and guarantee the item and the sale price and allow time for full payment. This led me to believe that it was reserved. I ended up paying for something that in less than 30 days didn't exist and wasn't even notified of such.

They created an aggressive sales package offer to seal the deal that day. They created a special SKU and package modification that technically doesn’t normally exist anywhere and is non official I was told. SKU#1070549P with 2 Milano STONE... not BEIGE PowerPlus Reclining Loveseats with Center Console. This new package modification they created specially right then which was supposed to be for Quantity 2 of: Milano Stone Power Plus Reclining Console Loveseats - and they further lowered the sales price in this way to seal the deal. I decided to purchase the item and of the color I was sitting on as I loved it. In less than 30 days on September 28th, I paid the full remaining balance and delivery fee.

A problem since that time… somehow what I wanted magically vanishes from the sales floor and I was it was quote “DISCO'd” meaning discontinued. However, I had an open order and reservation for 2 of them. I was never at any time notified that this happened and both they and customer service are still fully unable to explain or account for how this happened. I upon paying in completion... eagerly called the 800 number for Rooms to Go to schedule my delivery and found this out and was told I had to call the store. They tracked down... the Manager supposedly located 2 “floating” around in inventory and scheduled a delivery. I was told that oftentimes there are still some in the system for specific issues. This was definitely one of them.

I argued that it said Beige and I wanted Stone. They insisted numerous times over and over that they were one and the same. Nope! THEY ARE NOT. - There is a SKU/multiple description and color naming problem that has wreaked havoc and caused a pure hell and completely abysmal and awful and pathetic in every way possible experience in this order. It has been of the worst kind and deserves total rebuke and condemning. On the day of delivery - 3 delivery guys showed up with a truck and 1 Loveseat in a blanket and 1 in a box. I immediately said these are not the color I selected. They ignored me.

I said I ordered Milano Stone. He pointed out the color and says Beige which is a tan form of brown and a completely and totally different color set of furniture than what I intend to purchase. STONE a light color. The delivery people were rude, in a hurry, apparently running behind, they damaged my front screen door and didn’t even stay long enough to test the furniture or let me do a walk around and sit in and test it. They did not fully test it, they are supposed to. They left packing materials behind and orange strips emerging from the backs of the loveseats and didn't close/seal the Velcro on the rear backs. They were out of here! They quickly said, "You have 3 days to call if there is a problem" as they were quickly walking out my door as fast as possible.

I asked where the cupholder inserts where… He said, "They are right there sir." I asked, "Where? I’m sorry. I don’t see them." He said, "Right here" as he abruptly opened and closed the center console. Very rude, condescending, intolerant, impatient and unprofessional. I was disgusted with the service I received that I paid $99 for as a delivery fee. Some competitor companies do not charge this fee to Customers. You do. This was my home and I paid for this, not be disrespected and condescended in my Home. Nobody would find that acceptable.

I could not believe they would not stay to help me fix my screen door as they forcefully jammed it open and it refused to close again. They didn’t stay. No time, have to leave... sorry!! I had a handyman come and look at it. That was rude and unprofessional to say the very minimal and least. Pathetic Customer Service. I told the Supervisor on the phone that I used to work for Apple and that Apple would never allow this kind of crappy and disgusting Customer Service and total lack of quality control and derogatory treatment to a Customer. He said, "This is not Apple," I quipped back... "You got that right!!"

I observed the boxed loveseat be abruptly cut out out of the box. They turned the furniture face down causing the front facing leather in console section to have 3-4 small black puncture holes, by small dark debris they brought in on their shoes. I noticed they were not Stains or marks, they were indeed 3-4 small puncture holes through the leather. I would not accept that. I quickly tested the other loveseat only to find that the headrest motor on the left side did not function at all. This was unacceptable in every way. I called the store I bought from immediately and they said the color was right and that perhaps I was my seeing it differently due to lighting. I insisted that beige is not stone.

Kelsey from the store said it’s the only color. I said it does not what I sat on that was now magically gone and discontinued in that less than 30 day time period. I challenged them to look online at the SKU and the color of Milano stone to see that beige was not even remotely close to being the same color. They are vastly different. She said, "I don’t know what to tell you, the SKU shows Beige and Stone are the same." THEY ARE NOT THE SAME BY ANY MEANS AND THIS VINDICATES AND PROVES IT. They made me feel as though I was stupid not understanding the colors correctly.

I have since been told by a store Office Rep that I was wasting her time, that there is no more solutions and they recommend I refund and shop elsewhere. That is just to release of all and make me go away. Makes me feel like an unwanted and nuisance Customer. This is not my fault. I stood firm and said, "No. This does not match what is shown online and what I sat upon." They said, "Sometimes there are minor and minute shade variations," however, this was even remotely true. What I received was NOT stone. It was beige and they are INDEED 2 vastly different colors. The SKU was wrong and she said it is called both. You cannot call 2 different colors the same. That is impossible and it cannot be true. 2 different things and 2 different shades of color cannot be the same.

Even if the store would have called me when these items when quote "DISCO’d" all of this could have been circumvented and prevented before it was too late. So with the headrest motor defunct on one loveseat and punctures caused by the delivery people on the other I called Customer Service… They also could not explain what happened. However a very nice lady was kind and took ownership and said she would order 2 BRAND NEW ONES and due to this damage and neglect of my furniture she will leave direct and very strict specific orders that they are not to under any circumstances remove the items from the box until in my presence.

They were promised to me and confirmed to be 2 brand new items unremoved and PROHIBITED FROM BEING REMOVED FROM THEIR BOXES TO PREVENT THIS. She kiddingly said she found the last 2 for me. I now know that was no joke. She said I would receive a $50.00 courtesy refund credit back to the original credit card and it would occur after delivery of the BRAND NEW UNBOXED items arrive. Understood. Made sense. Today they arrive. I stayed home yet another day for Rooms to Go Because of their errors, neglect and damages. The truck arrived with 2 extremely tightly and compressed heat shrink wrapped loveseats. They took one out of the truck. I said NO... These were under strict orders to NOT BE TAKEN OUT THE BOXES.

He was a kind man but he said sometimes the orders are not followed or they are ignored by the loading warehouse people because they can squeeze more items into a truck when setting items upright on their sides and shrink-wrap (compressing the leather furniture) and surrounding in a blanket rather than in bulky boxes. I told him there was a very specific and strictly to be enforced reason why they were ordered to be not be unboxed until in my presence. They were pretty much the last of their kind in the United States I was told. I have since been told that is pretty much true.

HUGE PROBLEM, the first one I allowed to brought in was IMMEDIATELY CLEARLY WITHOUT ANY MISTAKE OR LIGHTING DIFFERENCE AS It was dismissively downplayed and said from the store to be a VASTLY DIFFERENT COLOR THAN the 2 currently in my residence BUT the same model style... Milano. SURPRISE!!! These were actually true Milano Stone color that match what I sat on in the store and what SKU# 15406449 is clearly marketed and displayed everywhere. Its line is shown on the Rooms to Go Website. They even at the store said perhaps the colors are different on the website. I said, "No, they are not"… There is a Milano stone and now proof that totally different Milano Beige model exists.

It was clear as day and both of the same color as a matching set so it wasn’t a lighting issue or color variance due to leather pieces. This was specifically the true and exact Milano Stone that I sat on in the store that they no longer have and that a now current sample fabric doesn’t match, what I intended to purchase and actually fully wanted and was told didn’t exist. TOTAL VINDICATION. The 2 sets side by side and on the truck show vastly and unmistakably without any question or doubt a Stone and Beige color difference. The drivers said there was no question and you can see in the pictures THESE ARE ABSOLUTELY 2 DIFFERENT SETS COLORS OF THE SAME STYLE MILANO FURNITURE.

I was not crazy and confused like the store said. There is a clear problem with Rooms to Go and the SKU Color Labeling of this product. Problem: Since they were unboxed against what I was promised and against the assurances I was given from Customer service that the quote last 2 would be ORDERED to BE IN THEIR BOXES AND NOT TO REMOVE UNTIL MY PRESENCE and BRAND NEW… well the guy called me on my phone and said, "Mr... I need you to come look at something before we bring this loveseat up." I came down and looked. He quickly showed me that the upper corner of the blanket around the upper corner of the loveseat had a massive gash piercing through the blanket, through the loveseat and into the furniture corner.

The armrest had a large scratch. It was ruined. Orders were not obeyed, quality control failed. I said, "Absolutely not, take it back. I reject this damaged and flawed product." Unacceptable in every way. It should have never been out of the box first of all as I was promised and assured and as it is documented on my account that it was strictly prohibited from having been done so, secondly, why on earth was it ever on the truck or loaded onto the truck in that very clearly damaged condition? Quality control neglect failure and dereliction of job performance duties. He apologized and put it on the truck.

Who in their right mind would think is acceptable and okay to deliver, let put on a truck for delivery? Absolutely Not! Total failure by the warehouse, quality control failure, driver's failure to not detect it until they were unloading it. These 2 people were the nicest people though. Profusely apologized. The 1 loveseat they had already brought in, I was not happy with… The heated tight shrinked wrap compression and squeezing of the shrink-wrap and blankets rather than being safely resting NEW in a box didn’t feel and look right... The leather was wrinkled, squished and out of shape as though it was worn over time.

Unacceptable compared to the appearance of the WRONG colored items I had in my residence that were in both delivery instances Rooms to Go Employee damaged but looked NEW and smooth and vastly superior in comparison. They took the 2 bad items and left what they thought was the best of the 2 different color sets bunch so I something to sit on. I called Customer Service, they said there was nothing they could do. I said, "Can you explain this… Why all of a sudden the Milano STONE set that I actually wanted and was repeatedly told that I was misunderstanding the color existence of and basically crazy showed up and it was unboxed and damaged? Had those 2 items been boxed and protocol orders followed... They would have not have been flawed or damaged and I am told that both of these 2 sets are irreplaceable now…"

The Beige and Stone which they still refuse to admit that both exist… This has exposed an issue with SKU and color descriptions… (Since my complaining, I noticed that online the references to Beige is almost completely gone and now consistently referenced displayed and called Milano STONE. Coincidence??? There are at least 4 manufactured and should be each uniquely SKU'd colors of the Milano sets... not the 3. There is: STONE, BEIGE, BLUE, BROWN. This was solidified and visually proven today...

The Supervisor on the phone said the item I received which finally being exactly what I wanted and intend to purchase all along and would have delightfully and cheerfully kept if they had not been unboxed and damaged. Customer service received emails... confirmed they are 2 distinctively different colored items and that I was not wrong but said they could do nothing. "Limited choices. Your money back…" and I sit on the floor… after I am put through hell by Rooms to Go. Nope, not off the hook that easy!! 2 days I gave to remain home to this company for delivery, 2 days they failed in every single possible way and don’t seem to give a rats toosh!!! They destroyed and ruined all chances of getting what I paid and waited/gave up continued time waiting around for.

I must now allow a 3rd day to taken to hopefully either fix or remedy Rooms to Go fully at fault and being fully in error for the 3rd consecutive time. Please tell me how this as an acceptable standard or customer service standard to be measured as decent or appropriately acceptable in any way, shape or form? It’s the worst of its kind. You have a serious problem to fix. Was told that what I received is not a Milano set, that they originally came out of boxes with the wrong SKUs and were a “mispick” by the warehouse who cut open the boxes that had the same SKU but a product made in a color that he can’t identify or confirm. Yes you can… look at the freaking website… Hello??? Warehouse, Shipping/Delivery went against orders and damaged and loaded them on the truck.

The Supervisor could not identify what I had. I said it’s pretty simple… It’s Milano Stone Power Plus Console Reclining Loveseat… THE REAL MILANO STONE… He said it wasn’t Milano. It was some other model but it cannot be identified… YES IT IS! IT IS EXACTLY MILANO STONE. AND I HAVE A MILANO BEIGE, which now they are all existence and mention of. Coincidence??? Something has changed in colors or SKU and their people do not know their right hand from the left hand in this and ruined everything in every way that it could be. Call the blasted manufacturer or distributor and get to the bottom of it. Identify and account for these discrepancies in model colors and SKUs. Why hasn’t that been done? No explanations provided to me.

They don't care. You’ve got some serious issues going on. It’s as clear as day and night. You have at least 4 colors of that model now proven to exist or have existed… You’ve got major SKU and inventory description issues. It’s been made clearly evident, by this hideous botched mishap and demonstrated negligence. Now I am told the 2 indeed confirmed different and unexplainable colors one of which they don’t acknowledge even exists or says it’s the same as the other. LOOK AGAIN AT THE PHOTOS… DEBUNKED... I now have a derelict mismatching furniture set, one of which is truly the color I want and wanted.

THIS IS ALL COMPLETELY Rooms to Go PROBLEM FROM BEGINNING TO START, THEY GIVE NO OR INCONSISTENT EXPLANATIONS AND CRAPPY SOLUTIONS AT BEST. They make you feel bad for being upset and voicing complaint. He said if I wanted another set online or something of like quality and price range they would match it. HOWEVER, here is yet another example of disgusting and repulsive Customer Service… I was told they would match only against that custom made and further lowered sales price and not even the full price of what that furniture is. I said that is unfair.

In this case the value as an its rewritten should be honored. I said these were bought on sale and then the price was made lower by creating a package deal SKU that doesn’t officially even exist by Rooms to Go but you will only allow the recognition of the unofficial SKU against all official SKUs? This is a major Customer Service issue that the Company needs to take ownership of and to resolve this. It should not be a limitation… so cheating me out of hundreds of dollars of original value and current sales floor worth of that furniture in possibly choosing quality furniture is a rip-off.

There is no possible or fair way to compare Apples to Oranges when you are taking a hugely discounted and custom modified and non-existent package and trying to match it up against an already existent on the floor official and real package. REPREHENSIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. IT SHOULD BE REPORTED TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL. No Customer should experience this. No, Rooms to Go needs to take full ownership and responsibility for all of this crap they have caused and put me through and now expect me to give another day for them to do a 3rd attempt to fix it and the derelict set I have now from me.

I might be willing to consider the Blue if there no other solution your company can achieve to fix this unbelievable and repeatedly demonstrated negligence. I am expected to now offer and give up a 3rd and possibly 4th day of my time to fix their problems yet again. This is not acceptable. They have gone out of their way to make me feel bad by saying... "Well what want from us? We can't fix it... Just take a refund." Not the correct way to handle the issue. If I choose a blue set I demand and expect this company to do more than $50.00… That was try#1. We're on try #3 or Possibly #4 days to get their act together. If you continue to send me crap, I will continue to send and reject the crap back.

I would prefer if this item that is indeed stone which you now have visual proof of existence that matches your website. What is not shown on your website are these BEIGE color models. Show me where this model with this specific color is displayed or shown in its true color accuracy on your website and not mislabeled as Stone which I have proven it is NOT. This shuts down the unknowledgeable comments of it not existing and that it could not be identified as they have been unable and totally unwilling to do and see if it can be found NEW. Apparently I have the unlucky pleasure of having 2 mismatched sets that do not exist anymore in the United States of America. How lovely!

I have every right to be upset at this point. If there is no choice left I might choose the blue, but there is a PowerPlus Recliner chair made in the blue still available. I would expect the $50.00 refund already in the beginning promised and significantly more discount to be applied to it or include the chair or a massive discount off it. Rooms to Go needs to own this even if there is cost involved. The company needs to do far more to make this utter mess they created right. This is Rooms to Go problem and fault and I am holding to full accountability their feet to the fire of accountability (An expression).

If this is not resolved then as a rightful consumer and what any right minded customer would and should do is report to The Better Business Bureau and the State Attorney General's Office for business ethics investigation. I mentioned it to an office Rep on the phone. They didn't and more or less said, "That's your prerogative to do so." How's that for a Company to demonstrate Customer Service? I was just now update informed that the Supervisor told me on the phone is incorrect info. I can’t switch to the blue… It’s apparently vanishing as well.

All that they can do now is said refund me and I sit on the floor after having no furniture because I ordered and paid for new furniture from you and parted with the old, this has failed in every conceivably possible way, telling me I can choose another set which there is nothing in that price range and style that’s truly equal due to only honoring a diminished value price match from the non exist package it was price based upon. I can drive all over the State as all showrooms are different or accept a dark brown Milano “poop” color set of Milano that apparently still exists in the PowerPlus loveseat and still the PowerPlus Recliner. I can see why it’s available. It’s a grotesque color.

If all these records were to be asked for by an Attorney... just stating as an example… it would firmly and indisputably show Rooms to Go failing in every single way on multiple days, multiple Managers, Supervisors, Warehouse, Drivers, Call Center and Showroom Stores leadership. This information if it were a check box list would-be negatively failed all across the board from your company with very minute room for exception. I expect an answer quickly from your executive offices. I expect a direct phone call to me.

I want this corrected and new date quickly and possibly if it’s the only solution switch to the blue Milano and want a very aggressive effort on the PowerPlus recliner that matches. This is the least they can do to fully resolve this and demonstrate true Customer Service and fulfill the values they claim to stand for but have failed in every way to show. At this point, I do not feel that is at all unreasonable or doubt that someone in upper executive authority can override and make it happen after seeing what’s happened and been done to me. This is expected to be placed on the highest desk possible with powers of resolution.

Please contact me immediately. A Ticket Urgently opened with Customer Care has received NO response. Thank you in advance for demonstrating prompt Leadership in your Company and Intervention to prove that you do truly care about your Customers, Stand behind your products sold, and stand for Customer Service and show honor and integrity as a Company to make grave things such as this right for Customers especially given all of the extraordinary circumstances and factors involved. Full exceptions are warranted and just. Thank you! I await response and Executive intervention action.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

On 10-29-18 bought a sofa, and loveseat to be delivered on the 10-09-18, I got three phone calls 1 running late, the second they were behind, the third they had to reschedule. Well they are saying the delivery will be on the 10-18-18. What will be their next story? How do people stay in business with this sorry work.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Had delivery scheduled for 9 Oct 2018 between 3-7pm. Received call at 5 the day of delivery. Was told driver had an emergency. Had to reschedule delivery for 10 Oct 18 3-7pm. On Oct 10 at 6pm received a call saying three customers in front of me would change window from 6-10 pm. An hour later received a call that weather is bad. Can't deliver. Would not give me a new delivery date. Called Rooms to Go customer service. Was told could not give me a new delivery date for 48 hours because account is locked. I've never experienced this type of poor customer service.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I purchased a glass coffee table from RTG, the frame of the glass table was out of dimension to the extent that the lower glass unit would not fit into the frame. The delivery driver/assembler attempted to force the lower glass unit into the frame, in doing so the lower glass unit shattered into hundreds of small shards which left numerous abrasions in the floor. The delivery person attempted to leave the damaged unit at my home which I did not allow. The person then attempted to get me to sign an electronic form which consisted of a blank page with a line. I advised the delivery person since the goods were damaged, that I would only sign a hard copy which clearly stated what was being signed. I have subsequently spent at least 3 forty minute sessions on hold waiting to speak to their claims department.

Interestingly their claims did call whilst on hold; however, the person was either incapable or lacked the authority to process the claim and actually tried to claim that the ineptness of the driver/assembler was somehow an accident. On the subsequent day a claims representative called at 08:30 while I was driving in commute to work, I advised they could call back at 10:00 a.m. when I could realistically take their call. They called at 09:15. I'll rate them a "2" and claim the title of being the only person ever having given a rating greater than "1". I couldn't in good conscious recommend this firm to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I purchased a complete bedroom set with all the extras... king bed, dresser/mirror, chest, entertainment chest and two nightstands. The initial delivery was not on time. Parts of the bed were missing. One night stand missing and the other nightstand was damaged. Customer service had an "I don’t care" attitude. It was set up for another “week” later to return for the correction. The day it was supposed to be delivered, they did not show up. I had to take off work for this. “AGAIN” customer service didn’t care. They set it up for the next day. The next day arrived and I was called three times with excuses and said they probably wouldn’t make it but they would call an hour ahead if they were going to make the delivery. Not wanting to take ANOTHER day off work, I continued my day, within an hour of my house. The next call I got was the delivery truck was in my driveway.

I told them I would be on the way and had they called an hour ahead as promised, I would have already been there. They REFUSED to wait on me to get home. AGAIN customer service did not seem to care. I was on the phone through several different customer service reps before I was once again promised my furniture would be delivered between 4 and 8 pm. 8:00 came and went. No furniture... At 10:30 pm. my doorbell rings and my furniture is here. Along with waking up my 10 year old daughter. After tearing my bed back apart and disrupting my night, they were gone.

The delivery guys were nice and polite. They are put in a bad situation because of Rooms to Go’s poor scheduling, loading of merchandise and mostly because a VERY POOR customer service department. I would not recommend anyone to purchase even a pillow for their dog’s house from Rooms to Go. And the ONLY reason I gave them one star was because there was no lower choice.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Four weeks after back ordering our furniture, the truck arrived only to say that they could not come down our drive and by phone demanded we provide a truck to come to the end of our drive. When we got there, they were gone. Customer Care stated that the only option was to reorder with another four week delivery time. The second delivery driver drove down our drive without question. AND THEN when unpacking the desk found it to be crushed! AND ANOTHER four week delivery timeframe. The desk chair was put together backwards and screws were stripped. When the third delivery was made, the desk drawer rail had stripped screws. At that point we just wanted the nightmare to be over. NEVER! Never! Again. Every manager spoken to was extremely rude and uninterested in helping. No one should have to wait twelve weeks and still get damaged goods. I fixed both desk and chair with a good riddance to all.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

First of all, yes Rooms to Go has nice furniture. The problem is how do they get to you and how does customer service handles house damages? They just don’t! We have a damage of approximately $12.5k. After writing one email after another we were offered a check of $350. We contacted every manager we could get in touch with. I went on Facebook and got Melissa to talk to. Now they changed their settings. You can’t make any comments on their Facebook page anymore. We had them come to our house 6 times just to deliver the right furniture and still no progress. We invested $5.5k in furniture and that was just a start. If you buy furniture have your camera ready! We opened a case at BBB! Rooms to Go offers you a quick sale but not a permanent healthy customer relationship. Too sad I cannot buy anything there anymore. And look out for their delivery company SE Independent Delivery Services, INC. They aren’t getting the job done!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

This has been the single WORST buying experience of my entire life and I will NEVER do business with this company again. I paid for my furniture, had to reschedule my delivery, which was gonna take another 3 weeks, so I arranged to pick it up on 9/21/18. Was never told the warehouse did not open until 2:30 (horrible company communication, when I told the store staff I purchased the furniture from I would be at the warehouse at 11 am). So I get there at 11 am with a moving truck, keep in mind, I live an hour and a half away from the warehouse, we are moving that day and the truck has to go back early morning, we can’t wait 3 and half hours away from home doing nothing until the warehouse opens.

So your company not only wasted my time, but my money coming all the way out to the warehouse for nothing. Horrible customer service. I talk to the store manager get a delivery for the following week 9/28/18. Guess what, the delivery driver never knocks on my door to deliver my furniture. My adult son was at home all day waiting on the delivery. Apparently the delivery driver calls to delivery your furniture and if you don’t answer the call, they don’t knock on your door. Did they really even come to my house? (I don’t think they did.) What if your phone was dead, lost or any number of reasons why one may miss a call. How can a company deliver furniture and not knock on the door. I can’t believe this, it ruined our entire weekend twice now and I will never forget this.

Now I’m told I have to wait till Monday until my refund is processed and it will be issued 7-10 days from then. All the while we have no furniture. This is a horrible way to do business and by the way, the company ruined my husband 40th birthday last week when we couldn’t pick up our furniture and we had nothing to sit on, and my son's 15th birthday is ruined since we still have nowhere to sit and have to wait on our money to get new couches. I am so so mad right now. I just can’t believe this is happening with such a supposed reputable company. I feel like a fool, I should have canceled the order after last week's fiasco at the warehouse, yet after talking to the store manager we decided to stay with the company and get the furniture delivered, yet here we are again, played by Rooms To Go and

Furniture For Less. All I can say is NEVER AGAIN, and I find it unacceptable to have to wait anytime getting my money back.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

As always they have nothing they sell in their stores... received incomplete sectional which I paid $4000 and have to wait almost 3 months for the rest of it. The two additional recliners were delivered in wrong material and color, have to wait another month for the replacement. A 15 years ago I said to myself: "I will never buy again from Rooms to Go" but made a mistake again and bought the furniture for my new home. I shop at Wayfair.com and Overstock.com and everything is delivered within a week.

Rooms to Go Company Information