Rooms to Go
1.12/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Rooms to Go

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1936 Rooms to Go Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

This is the worse customer service I have received from the intake person to the unprofessional supervisor from corporate office. We purchased an extended warranty for our dining table chairs. We paid lots of money because they assured that nothing would stain those chairs! Completely false! They sent 2 tech to “clean” them. The first was not able to clean them and the second did not even attempt to do so. After almost 45 mins of discussion with this supervisor I was told, “Go and have them professionally clean yourself. There’s nothing we can do.” I asked to talk to upper management and I was declined that option! Stay AWAY!!! From these people!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Customer satisfaction is our first concern??? Don't believe it. This is TOTALLY A LIE. The truth is their rep will drive you nuts first before they decide whether they will help you. I ordered two paintings through the RTG website. A week went by, no delivery. I called and then the rep told me it will take 7-10 business day to deliver. Then 10 business days went by, I called again. Another rep told me my order will be fulfilled by an outside vendor. She needs to go through their Special Delivery department to inquire. Transferred me to Special Delivery depart, but nobody answer the call. Then she sent an internal email to Special Delivery depart to inquire for me. The next day, I called again. Another rep answered. She said no respond from the Special Delivery depart. Another inquiry email. The third day, I called again. No respond from the Special Delivery depart. Then I told the rep to cancel my order. This is NOT THE END of story.

Four weeks later, I see the painting charges appeared on my bill. I called and the rep told me it was sent through UPS the same day when I cancelled the order and was arrived two days later. (Hallelujah! Nobody told me the paintings have been delivered. I don't receive anything.) The rep at that moment forced me to take the UPS tracking number and handle the lost with UPS myself (He pushed me to hang up or he will drop the call from his end without giving me the UPS tracking).

I called UPS. The UPS guy said their record showed the driver "Left At The Front Door" of my apartment. He agreed to file an investigation for me but he made it clear that UPS liability is to the sender, not to me. UPS will not let me know their investigation result. I called RTG again - guess what they say. They said they are not responsible. They told me to file a police report myself. What the hell!? Don't you realize you have a liability to your customer? Not bossing your customer around without any help.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

With all the horrendous reviews out there I wanted to provide a good one based upon my experience. Years ago I had purchased a Cindy Crawford sofa from RTG. No problems with delivery and it lasted almost 10 years. So when I needed a new sofa and bedroom furniture I went back. With all the delivery and damaged item reviews I was expecting a nightmare. However, I was pleasantly surprised. My delivery window was 2 to 6 PM. At about 10 to 3 I received a call from the driver that they would be here in 30 to 40 minutes. Sure enough about 45 minutes later they arrived. Not only did they move my old bedroom furniture to another room, they were professional, fast and cleaned all the paper/boxes up.

The furniture arrived in excellent condition. No issues whatsoever. My advice - given the large amount of furniture they sell there is bound to be numerous, valid complaints. But I would not let this dissuade you from buying there. I had ordered my previous bedroom furniture from Macy's and it was delivered damaged 3 times before they finally got it right. Thanks RTG!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Recommend you stay clear of Rooms to Go; quality is not there; awful customer service; and showroom mgmt does not care and prompts you to call customer service. You will regret your purchase. Further, when you do make contact with customer service, very unprofessional.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I really do not get on Social Media that much in general. In this case, I wanted to share the WORST customer service I received earlier today from RoomsToGo delivery in Arlington, TX. I purchased this furniture 1-5-19 in Selma, TX from Rooms To Go. My home is in Cedar Hill, Texas. Our delivery was scheduled for Thursday, January 10 between 12 and 4 pm. The furniture was delivered but was noticed damaged by the delivery driver and so it was sent back. We received a call from the warehouse who apologized for the damage and initially offered us a delivery of the following Thursday, January 17 or January 18th. I explained to the warehouse that would not work #1 and why should I have to wait a whole other week for something that was not our fault.

After speaking with her supervisor, the lady called me back and informed they would be able to deliver the furniture between 7 am and 10 pm on Saturday, January 12. Since the time frame was so large, I asked if we could have an hour call ahead. The lady on the phone said yes and would note the account for the call ahead on the delivery. She apologized for the inconvenience and said I would receive a call an hour before delivery. So, I did not worry about it any further.

Fast forward, I received a call today Jan 12 at 11:33 am saying the driver was 5 minutes away. I said, "Well, I just passed my home but could turn right around." The driver said it would be no problem. I told the driver I would be home in 15 minutes. The driver said no problem. So, I turned around and went back home. After waiting a couple of hours, I called Rooms To Go to inquire where the delivery driver was as we had been waiting on them to arrive now for 2 hours. I was told that the order was released because no one was at home according to the delivery driver's time.

I was told he left at 11:54 am from my home. I asked to speak to a supervisor. I spoke with a lady named Gwen. I explained the situation to her and she said I would have to reschedule because the delivery driver said no one was home. Gwen stated the delivery driver said he left my home at 11:54 am. After going back and forth getting nowhere with Gwen, I told her rescheduling was not an option as #1, I had already taken off work Thursday for a delivery that did not occur because the furniture was damaged and #2, I am deploying Jan 13 (tomorrow) for one year. (I am in the US Army Reserves.)

She apologized and said the delivery driver had gone home for the day and there was nothing she could do. She was not at all trying to find a solution to the problem but could basically tell me it was my fault because “just because you ask for an hour call ahead, doesn't mean the driver can always call and I missed my time and would have to reschedule.” I asked Gwen, "How long did the delivery driver have to wait?" Gwen said "15 minutes." So, I asked Gwen if she could wait while I loaded up my computer and checked the home cameras. She said she would. After pulling up the camera, it shows the driver actually driving off at 11:37 am. They DID NOT WAIT 15 minutes like Gwen said they do. They waited 4 minutes!!!

I explained to Gwen the drivers called on my cell at 11:33 am and left my home at 11:37 am and it was on camera. It did not appear to her to try to find a solution. In addition, I sent her a screenshot from my phone showing the phone number with the time 11:33 am from the delivery driver. My screenshot of my phone records also show my number calling the driver at 12:00 pm twice wondering where he is.

Now, after sharing this information with Gwen, she could do nothing more than still tell me it’s basically my fault for not being home and that she could forward the information in email to the appropriate people. Gwen stated she could not give an idea of when someone would call back to rectify the problem. Gwen did not offer to try to look into finding a solution as it was only 2:30 pm and I’m set to deploy tomorrow Jan 13. The only thing Gwen did well for me was to be a gatekeeper.

I asked her who her boss was, she did tell me Lisa. I asked who I could talk to in warehouse delivery, Gwen stated, "I don't know what you are getting at." I told her, "If I don't like what you are saying/doing…who over there do I talk to?" Gwen told me “no one.” I asked for the name of the person and she mentioned “there is no name.” So, I repeated, "You mean the manager does not have a name?" Gwen’s response: “No there is no name. That’s what they have us for. The problems go through us and we handle them.” "REALLY??" I said. Gwen’s response: “yes”.

I asked Gwen who else could I complain to. Gwen told me “you could write a letter to the President of Rooms To Go and complain there." I said “REALLY??” Gwen said, “yes.” REALLY? That's how you treat customers/people? WOW. It didn’t seem to impress upon her the more emergent need for a solution as I told her I was set to deploy tomorrow. Jan 13 for one year. She just kept being the awesome gatekeeper she’s paid to be.

So being extremely dissatisfied with Gwen's lack of action and unwilling to find a solution, I called back and spoke with a man named John who was at least more willing to find a solution today as there was still approx 7 hours in the original delivery window I was given. I appreciate his efforts and much better customer service. I hope it does not take all night to get this issue resolved. I have still not heard back from him or anyone from the warehouse/delivery at this point. It’s 5:18 pm and customer service is now closed.

To me, there is more than enough proof the drivers really just stopped for a couple of minutes and left. So, I asked Gwen, "What if I was in the restroom when the drivers came? Would that still be my fault?" I was told “yes.” Is that right? I don’t know America. Tell me. I really want to know. If I was in the bathroom the four minutes the delivery drivers stopped by and could not make it to the front door, would you say I still missed the delivery? Tell me… I really want to know. So now, no one from warehouse delivery management has called and customer service is now closed. How does Rooms To Go give a delivery window from 7 am to 10 pm on a Saturday and at 2:30 pm, I’m told the drivers were done for the day? Where did the other 7 ½ hours go?

Another question, why does Rooms To Go offer a courtesy call ahead and not honor it? Everyone else does especially with the large delivery window. That would have fixed the whole problem #1. #2 If the delivery drivers waited at least the 15 minutes Gwen stated they should, the fact that the drivers did not honor the courtesy call ahead of time would have still been okay.

So, I am extremely dissatisfied with Gwen from Rooms To Go & Rooms To Go for the lack and unwillingness to get a solution today as I am deploying for one year Jan 13, tomorrow. I am extremely disappointed the delivery warehouse supervisor has not contacted me as of yet this early evening (5:23 pm) to fix this problem today during the original time frame 7 am to 10 pm they stated. The real kicker is, I live 30 minutes from the Arlington warehouse w/ traffic. Does the warehouse/delivery supervisor even know all this happened today? Did the gatekeeper do her job and not send my info and complaint? Does anyone at Rooms To Go even care I really need a resolution before I deploy Jan 13 for one year? What now America? I guess I will have to ask for a refund and cancel the whole thing?

So, I decided to put my complaint on Social Media to see if anyone else has had a terrible experience with Rooms To Go they would like to share. The gatekeeper told me I had no other recourse but to go through her or write the president of Rooms To Go. Seriously? Has anyone else had a horrible experience with Rooms To Go delivery? How long did it take for your problem to be resolved or was it? Thanks for reading.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms To Go?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We purchased a mattress at the very end of Oct. 2018. Now the first week of Jan. 2019, the mattress is sagging in middle more than 2 inches. THEY WILL NOT WARRANTY IT. SHOP ELSEWHERE TO SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I purchased a bedroom set for my daughter's room. The wrong mirror was sent. I have been waiting for the replacement mirror for the past five (5) months and was told it would be shipped now at the end of January. Every month I am told it would be the end of the following month. Also the Trundle came without the knobs, wheels, instructions, etc.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Last July I bought a living room suit from them, it did not come on a Rooms to Go truck and was 3 hours late from their 4 hour window time. Well when the living room furniture finally arrived there was this bad smell. Needless to say since then we have been battling a bad flea infestation. Just saying, this all came from furniture.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Pompano Beach Store only exists lack of commitment to customer! I never go in and buy from this store! Delivery missing. Reckless and irresponsibility to solve the problem! The seller who answered us did not pay attention, as if we did not exist! Lack of respect! Very poor service, very poor position, do not give a minimum for customers! They just want the money! Lousy, lousy, lousy! I'd rather buy used furniture than go back to that store! Brazilian seller instead of helping, it only hurt us! People so spoil our race! A piece of advice I give... Do not buy anything in ROOMS TO GO! Disappointment, sadness and anger! Lack of respect! I rate this store!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I bought a floor lamp in November, it was delivered broken twice in December, so I decided to replace with a different model, and was suppose to be delivered in 1/6, delivery time between 8-12am, all of a sudden I get call that the delivery truck had a flat tire and it will be delivered later. I stayed home the whole day no call and then I called the store I bought the lamp from, only for the lady to tell me delivery won't be happening until 1/7. Keep in mind I had to call, the lady tried to lie and said the truck just broke down, again, here I am, trying to figure someone to be at my house on Monday while I am at work to get the delivery. This is disturbing to me, very inconsiderate, very unprofessional and not customer friendly at all. This is the third time waiting for a delivery of a lamp. Never buy stuff from Rooms to Go again. They don't care about the customer. Very disappointed customer.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I will NEVER buy anything from Rooms to Go again. Loved my sectional at first, but when delivered I was told the couch didn’t come with connectors. I then asked, "So the couch is meant to slide around?" The delivery guys told me yes. Also had a tear in the back that they never reported. I had to go up to the store to tell them about the tear and the missing connectors. The gentleman informed me that yes there was connectors and to contact customer service and they would be overnighted to me.

After talking to customer service, I still hadn’t received anything over a week later. I called back and they told me they were out of stock and it could take 90-100 days to get them to me. I asked how they are selling this sectional every day if they have no connectors for it. She had no answer. Called back 2 weeks later and I was told they had shipped. When they finally arrived they were the wrong ones. Called again... and they were going to ship more out. A week later, the wrong ones arrived again. Called back and was told that they had already sent me them twice. I told her that I knew they were incorrect, because we saw the correct ones at the store. Was told to hold.

Once she finally got back to me she apologized and acknowledged that they had sent the wrong ones multiple times. Told me, "Kudos for checking at the store, no one has ever done that before." She suggested sending a brand new couch WITH the connectors. I have now waited Longer than my four hour delivery period just to be notified that there is no connectors in the box AGAIN!!! I will now be asking for a full refund. Not a happy customer.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I went and purchase a kids bedroom suite from Rooms to Go for my son on Nov. 28. 2018. It was to be delivered on Dec. 7 which the company acceptance who I financed through in-house billed me before I got the furniture. The delivery men was in such a rush that I didn’t inspect the furniture thoroughly and I didn’t receive the nightstand I was told in the package. Plus they put two drawers in incorrectly. So I couldn’t open those drawers. They are stuck and as for today still stuck. Called customer service to be told no one can come out to fix it until Jan.15 due to the person is only in my area once a month.

I’m paying for something I can’t totally use and they put together incorrectly. Then I was told by acceptance they don’t do credit check and the credit would be revolving credit. All lies: it’s installments. They place double balance on your credit to make it seem as if it’s $3000 worth of debt when I was only approved for 1500. It dropped a lot of points on my credit score. Then they told me well look at this way when you pay it off, it will make it look like you paid off a big debt. I will not be doing business with them again.room

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Ordered a kitchen table and chairs from Rooms to Go and it was delivered but the delivery men could not put it together due to bolt hole they say was defective. They leave the glass table upside down in my kitchen and tell me someone will call me to set up a pickup date and exchange to another table. I get a call and they can’t send anyone out for 5 days because all of their drivers are busy. I’m stuck with a glass table in the middle of my kitchen upside down with one of their moving blankets under it. Why is defective furniture going out to customers and not quality checked before going out? Very poor service!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Delivery, repair service & scheduling are all conducted by 3rd party. This is the root of Rooms to Go problem. I ordered a bed for my son on October 14th. Today is January 4th & I've just received another unacceptable replacement part. I have 3 pages of documentation from this experience; here's the summary. In-store sales department was great. I had an issue with my 1st order on October 6th & they were very helpful in issuing a credit and helping me find a replacement. 1st delivery: delivery guys damaged the bed by hitting my front door with it. Front door damaged, but not bad. Repair person scheduled & he determined that it could not be repaired. Replacement ordered. Replacement delivered and delivery guys damaged another part of the bed during installation. Repair person sent & repaired the spot with a chemical so strong that we were not able to stay in our house.

We finally took the bed apart & put the replaced piece in the garage. It took over 6 hours to get the smell out of the house. Replaced area was not acceptable. Replacement piece sent. It was delivered & I refused installation. Told delivery guy I would do it myself. Upon thorough inspection of the piece, I found that it is not stained properly. At this time, I'm tired of dealing with Rooms to Go & am accepting the inferior piece. I will never shop here again. At 43 years old, I've never had issues with furniture delivery like I have with this place. And, one more thing... My purchase was from Rooms to Go Kids. Their delivery service will schedule you until 10 pm! This is unacceptable. One of our deliveries did have the 6 pm-10 pm window, which we refused & rescheduled. Deliveries that late should only be by request, especially if the furniture is for a child!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I placed an order on October 27, 2018 and was told earliest delivery was January 5th. TWO days before delivery I am told will not be end of the month. I will not longer shop Rooms to Go. I will tell everyone I know not to shop with Rooms to Go. This is ridiculous! Worst of all I call and I am not given any type of reasonable explanation for this delay.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I would like to give negative rating if there is an option. I have order multiple pieces of furniture and paid money. The china cabinet was available when ordered and paid money for that but due to rescheduling the delivery the product was sold to someone which doesn’t make any sense and now they are saying the product is not available for next few months. How can they even sell the product once booked for another customer. Its been 2 months ordered the furniture and still waiting for them to deliver the exchange pieces. Very slow in delivery and response. They don’t even have courtesy to call customer to setup exchange or delivery for their mess up. Every time I have to call them to ask for the exchange or give delivery date. I felt it should be delivery guy’s responsibility to create a ticket for customer server to setup exchange. Anyways very disappointed with Rooms to Go and will never ever buy a product from Rooms to Go.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I purchased a sofa and love seat 3 years ago. I paid $1600. The so-called leather is shredding and peeling. I tried to get a replacement set. RTG offered to give me $700 toward a new living room set. Who in their right mind would risk one more dollar on this garbage furniture?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I got approved for a RTG credit card from Synchrony bank recently and needed a new living room. I went into the store in New Port Richey, FL and had the worst experience of my life shopping for furniture. The salesman was completely distracted and worried about 3 or 4 other customers so I could not get his undivided attention. So he charged my card and we left after picking it out. He PROMISED it would be delivered a week. 2 weeks pass and no word so I called him and he explained that it wouldn't be until Christmas before they could get to me so I had the manager cancel my order. I found another set that I liked and the store was slow to issue a credit to my account. So I told them there was another set that I was interested in and they cleared it up right away when I said I would reorder with the store. I went online and ordered it directly with the factory. 3 days after Christmas no bull the new set was here and the delivery guys were great.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

My dinette set was scheduled to be delivered 12/26/18 between the hours of 8 and 12. I called at 9:30 for an ETA and was told they were on their way. I called back at 11:35 for another ETA and was told the number they had was a work number and they could not get in. I told the rep... that I had taken off from work and needed to return to work. The customer representative told me she to expect a call from the dispatcher... it is now 11:50. I waited until 12:05 and left for work... The dispatcher never called. I went into the Colony store to speak with someone and was told the only thing they would do is reschedule the delivery. No remorse or compensation for my loss of work... SO I refused to do business with RTG ever again!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Well, we purchased our couch & loveseat in October. It was delivered 2 weeks later with a deep scratch on loveseat. Called within their 48 hour window for repair. Technician came 2 weeks later, took pictures & said couldn't be repaired & someone would contact us within 7 days. They did & said would send replacement in 2 weeks. It came & was sliced/cut on bottom of recliner, OMG. It was loaded back on truck & we were told someone would contact us about delivery of another. Well, another few weeks later we received our 3rd loveseat, which we were guaranteed it had been triple checked. Imagine this, it came unboxed since it was checked before loading, it was not even sewn together on bottom front of it Haaahaaa! I immediately called for a refund, only to be told no refunds or credits. Told me I could return for 20% restocking fee. THESE PEOPLE ARE CRAZY, or select another set from them.

I wanted nothing they have after dealing with them for over 6 weeks, but did go select the lowest price set available to receive a little of my $2600 back. It was to be delivered 1-5pm today, but got a call at 3 changing time from 4-8. DO NOT BUY THIS JUNK THAT THEY TRY TO BLAME THEIR DELIVERY MEN FOR DAMAGING. How could they unsew a couch. Wish us luck with the replacement coming. Wish we were made of money, so we could've just gone somewhere else & bought one! I've never dealt with a company like this in my life & am over 50 years old! Just hope new set comes sometime before bedtime, undamaged! Wish us luck, as I do you if you purchase anything from this company.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Need to have 0 or negative stars for this! The internet sales is a total scam! I purchased an item for $475 and paid extra $59.99 for delivery and setup. The ONLY reason I purchased it was because it was advertised as a delivery AND SET UP. I paid extra for set up specifically because I did not have time to do it myself. The item was delivered and not set up as promised. The only setting up was the box set up against my wall. I contacted customer service who sent a technician to assemble the item. Technician calls in sick and cancels.

Scheduled a second service. This time technician came and said parts were missing and he had to order parts. Parts arrived a week later. WRONG PARTS. I had to call numerous departments and file complaints to get any response. Finally reached corporate who agreed to a refund AFTER the item was picked up. I called and scheduled 12/27/18 for pick up of the item. That day came and went, no pick up just more run around. The item was delivered on 11/2 and as of 12/28 it still sits not assembled. Multiple days missed from work with zero results. Meanwhile, Synchrony bank keeps calling me to pay my bill. I WILL NOT PAY FOR THIS. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM ROOMS TO GO AGAIN. Internet or store. This is an absolute nightmare.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Purchased a couch set from RTG in 2012 and all three pieces, couch, love seat and recliner began to peel/flake after about 4 years of use and 2 of those years it was a secondary couch, used sparingly.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

My mom purchased a sleep sofa, two seater and end chair in burgundy in 2014. We went back in December 2018 to purchase another sleep sofa. Kathy the salesperson looked up the set and it had been Discontinued. She said, "I have two sleep sofas in the color you are looking for," and proceeded to showed us two sleep sofas similar to the color. We picked one in, but a different sofa was delivered. When the salesperson was recontacted she said come in and they would switch out the sofa to the correct one. Upon return to the store she lied and said we were mistaken and that she told us it was not available in burgundy or red. She was the one who showed us the sofa and wrote up the sales ticket while we sat on it. She also lied and said that she told us that it was not a sleep sofa.

Be very careful with this company and take pictures of the item you are purchasing. Note she was the one who said they had two sleep sofas in the color we wanted. The company backed her and said they sent something similar to the sofa we ordered. It was not the same sofa we picked out. They should have inquired if we wanted a different sofa than the one we picked out, once the they discovered the sofa we picked was no longer available in the color we requested.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I purchased a bedroom set a year ago. The worst experience and customer service I have ever went through. I moved in to my very first home I just bought and was so excited to get new furniture. The men who delivered it scratched my wood floors, and a year later with many phone calls and emails no one has reached out to me. I will never buy from Rooms to Go again and I will let everyone I know how horrible of a business it is!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Went to Rooms to Go to purchase an entertainment center. Service was great as you are buying merchandise, but when it comes to delivery it became a nightmare. First delivery, merchandise damaged, mentioned to take back and replace after waiting a full day. They wouldn’t take it back as they stated that it has to be there to exchange. Second time, a 13 hour window, again the replacement was damaged. After talking with customer service which they tell you whatever just to brush you off, I mentioned for them to check it before it gets delivered and days after I check to see if the notes requested was notated and it was, BUT, another date was scheduled and waiting window of 9 hours and then the merchandise was Worst, damaged and they wanted to leave it here and told them, "NO WAY that you are leaving a damaged merchandise in MY HOME again." They continue to say no until finally customer told them to take it back.

Three full days of lost pay from work, paid for the merchandise and delivery and nothing was done. I ask for them to replace, give it a super discount for the time lost from work which I could have bought 6 items of its price for the time lost and the manager after me calling 4 times due to them not calling me as I left a message to. All me. Only wants to give me 75.00 off some other items I bought. Is this the service you want and expect from a furniture store, the poor customer service and management not willing to help. It’s like blaming me versus blaming their workers. I will make sure this gets posted in every website unless someone from Rooms to Go makes up for the time lost, the disappointment and the way we were treated as customer that we are without any faults.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Don’t buy from Rooms to Go! They sent me couches that have bedbugs and will not do anything about it. They say “it’s impossible” for their furniture to have them. No it’s not. Our exterminator said they likely came in from the truck they had them delivered on. They don’t care if they give you bedbugs and make you spend thousands of dollars and have medical bills from trying to figure out what was causing all these hives on me. They told me they have had no other complaints. Yet when I asked what they were gonna do with mine they said nothing. It’s not possible for their furniture to have bed bugs. So therefore will continue telling everyone they’ve had no complaints. Ha what a joke of a company. I told him to check their warehouses and he basically laughed like it wasn’t going to happen. I’ve read multiple complaints online from others nearby that say they got bedbugs from their Rooms to Go furniture also. Order at your own risk.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

Spent 4500 on furniture at Rooms to Go. Bought their stupid warranty package, two beds and two dressers. Week after delivery the stones in my Daughter's bed head start falling out, I call them and they sent someone out to fix it. One month later I bought a new house, I called Rooms to Go to ask if I moved if my warranty would be voided. I was told no. After moving in my new house the stones keep falling out again. I called them. They sent the technician out again then called me two days later to tell me since I moved my warranty was voided after I was told it wouldn't affect me. I am so sick of spending my money with these ** only to be screwed by them. They will never make another penny from me.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

ATTENTION: TO ALL BUYERS, BEWARE DELIVERY SERVICE IS HORRIBLE!!! I purchased 2 sofas not one but 2 sofas to be delivered and the store assured me they would be delivered on Dec 18th between 5pm-9pm. That was the 1st Red Flag that something was weird because I have never heard of a delivery company delivering furniture at 9pm at night! But reluctantly I agreed because they said the furniture would be delivered. I chose Dec 18th for the delivery because it was the day before my daughter's birthday. So I was sure that we would have the furniture in time for our daughter's birthday event and for the holiday for the guests that were coming in on the weekend for Christmas.

WELL the day of the 18th when the delivery was supposed to be coming to my home, I received a call at 7pm (AFTER WAITING ALL DAY FOR THE FURNITURE) from the corporate office of Rooms to Go to inform me that the delivery was delayed and was now scheduled for 7pm-10pm. Again how weird, who makes a delivery at 10PM AT NIGHT!!! Well I waited up until 12am midnight and no delivery and no call from ROOMS TO GO!!!

The next morning I woke up and called the corporate office and informed them that I did not receive my furniture. Juliana at the corporate center said that the furniture was showing as delivered in her system. I told her that I did not receive the furniture. Juliana then told me that she could have the furniture rescheduled for delivery for later in week. I'm FURIOUS AT THIS POINT!!! Juliana then says that she cannot guarantee that the new delivery date will be approved because it has to go to the system to see if they could accept the new deliver date. WHAT MADNESS IS THIS?!!

I ask to speak to a higher up in the office and she places me on an extensive hold then finally returns and says that she has sent an email to the delivery department and they said they will try to have the furniture delivered for tomorrow but still no guarantee. Juliana said she will possibly have an answer on the new delivery date by the end of today. I told Juliana, "WHO WANT TO WAIT AN ENTIRE DAY TO BE TOLD NO!!!" I again asked to transfer me so I could to speak to a higher up! She then transferred me to Rachel which she says is her supervisor. Rachel informs that that she saw the email from the delivery manager that said they will try to get the furniture delivered tomorrow but when I asked her to call the delivery manager and SPEAK to him, Rachel said they only send emails to the delivery department and that she would contact me back within the hour with an update.

Again I feel like I am waiting for another delay!!! This is horrible!!! Rooms to Go use to be a great company and now they seem to be going to thru a bunch of lies, mischief & deceit to their consumers all in an effort to try to sell furniture. It's a shame that the salespeople, who work so hard to sell this furniture have to work with a delivery team that is not working hard enough to deliver the furniture!!! ROOMS TO GO YOUR GOOD, YOUR GOOD NAME HAS BEEN TARNISHED BY YOUR HORRIBLE DELIVERY SERVICE!!!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

We purchased a $900 recliner (included delivery & set-up) from Rooms To Go, Knoxville TN (salesman Wayne **). We had a delivery date for the afternoon of 11/30/18. This original delivery was canceled after they phoned us & left a message saying it would be early morning, changing it from the agreed upon afternoon delivery.

Now the company is bullying us into a time schedule that we specifically said from the day of purchase & numerous times via the customer service phone calls that we could not be available or home. We have explained, to deaf ears apparently, that my husband works 10 hour day shifts, 5 days a week, with no vacation time available. If he was to miss work it could cost him his job because of it not being a medical reason. I'm not home in the mornings due to my mom dying of cancer in her home & I'm her caregiver. In the afternoons I have brother that covers for me after he comes in from work.

2nd attempt at delivery, again not our requested time frame, THEY WANT EARLY MORNING! They still tried to come by, as we saw via our security cams, even though we CANCELED the day before (more than 24 hours) BECAUSE no one would be home. Once again, they obviously ignored our request for a specific time frame of delivery in afternoon or later.

3rd attempt - this time they want to deliver at 8 a.m! Once again inconvenient for my family, my husband leaves for work before that time & I will be tending to my mother. We called customer service yet again on 12/11 in regards to our newly set delivery date of 12/14 & we asked to speak to a supervisor. The representative put us on hold for a while and then came back said that the supervisor would call us back. That call did not ever come and it's been over 24 hours at the time of this complaint on this 12/12/19.

Every time we call customer service, not only is there a lengthy wait before you speak to a person but the representative is extremely condescending. So we started e-mailing Rooms To Go but are getting the runaround, excuses on top of excuses as to why the cannot honor a delivery time frame we requested & paid at time of purchase in mid-November.

First it was that they couldn't change the delivery time inside of 24 hours from the scheduled delivery time. We called immediately after receiving the "courtesy" call about delivery, that's 48 hours in advance so it's was not within the 24 hour window. Then it's "oh the truck is loaded 2 days before" or "it's not up to the store but the drivers". I have called FOUR times and told them the same thing about when we need the delivery to be - you can't tell me that they can't rearrange the delivery to accommodate us. BUYER BEWARE!!! This is our third (and last) purchase from them. In the past, changing the delivery time has not been a problem.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Ordered $6,000 worth of furniture; Sectional, console, and server. They bring a semi-truck to deliver that will not make it down our private road. I was told I had to get a smaller truck to assist them in unloading the furniture so they can get it down to my house. In other words, instead of them arranging a smaller truck to deliver the furniture, it's on me to get a truck and provide it for them. 2 years ago RTG delivered a bedroom set for my son in a smaller truck with no problems to our house, but now they can't get the same size truck? Because of their policy, I can't cancel the order, it is considered a return once it is loaded on the truck.

So they will refund the purchase price and tax but not the delivery fee now. No wonder the delivery people don't care about delivering the furniture to me, they get the fee no matter what. My advice to you is don't buy from RTG, save yourself the stress. My neighbor purchased furniture from Ashley and they had no problem with delivery, so I will go there now and in the future. Lesson learned.

Rooms to Go Company Information