Rooms to Go

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The store was Rooms To Go at 7660 State Highway 121, Frisco, Texas. My complaint is not with the local store or the product we bought. The complaint is with the delivery service and Rooms To Go's complete non-responsiveness to our claim for damage done to our house by the delivery crew. In my opinion, this has been a very deliberate effort to completely ignore my complaint, simply believing that if they ignore complaints for long enough, dissatisfied customers will eventually give up. A very curious approach to customer service, but apparently it has worked for them. Here is a summary of what is now a seven month futile attempt on my part to even get a call back from Rooms To Go:

On 11/16/16, Rooms To Go, using a third party delivery service (Cory Companies), delivered our Tempur-Pedic mattress. In the process, the rather rude delivery men tore up the nosing piece where our stairs meet the hardwood floor. It appears that they dragged the box or unit along the nosing, rather than lifting it over the threshold. We reported the incident to Rooms To Go customer service who turned it over to the subcontracted delivery service. The first thing the Cory Companies person said was that the drivers would have to pay for it out of their own pockets. She then asked me if I wanted to drop the complaint. I assured her that I had no intention of dropping it. I was then asked to take photos and forward it to her. That was done of 11/18/16.

I sent several follow-up emails to the rep finally receiving a response on 11/30 stating that they were still looking into it. I sent two follow-up emails (12/19 and 12/23) and received a response stating that they were still in the middle of getting everything together). Still having heard nothing further, on 1/27/15 I decided to go back to Rooms To Go, since Cory Companies apparently had no intention of resolving this.

My first contact at RTG was with **. She was very nice and asked me to send the history of my attempts to work with Cory Companies and asked me to forward the photos, which I did. February 14th and 20th follow-up e-mails to ** were never responded to. I made a number of follow-up calls to RTG Customer Service. On 3/7/17, a rep told me that the Claims Manager responsible for my area was **. I was told that ** would call me. I did not hear back from **, so on 3/15 I called Customer Service again. This time I talked to ** who said he would e-mail ** to check on the status of the claim and make sure that he has my correct phone number. Again, no call back.

I called again on 3/22 and this time talked to **. ** said that she would e-mail Claims and would follow up with me if I haven't heard back by the next Friday. Of course, no call from **. On 4/7, I called CS again and talked to **. ** said that ** was not in that day, but she would call him on Monday and get back to me on Monday with an update. You guessed it, no call back from anyone. My final attempt was on 4/17/17. I talked to ** who was away from the phone for 2 or 3 minutes (typical of most of the reps I talked to). She came back on and said she was going to transfer me to **. Wow, finally?? Nope, straight into voice mail. I left ** a voice message. As I expected, I never got a return call.

Although the customer service reps were all cordial and made it sound like they would do what they could to help, I am convinced that they are a part of the game. In my opinion, they are paid to temporarily appease the caller, all in hopes the customer will finally give up. My guess is that ** is probably incentivized not to respond to customer claims. Perhaps his bonuses are structured to pay based on the number of claims he ignores. Who knows?

I find it incredible that a company like Rooms To Go would treat their customers like they do. When you spend $8,000 on a mattress, you have every right to assume that it will be delivered without the delivery guys damaging your floor. Certainly if that did occur, you would anticipate that any honest, ethical and customer service oriented company would at a minimum, contact the damaged party. But not Rooms To Go.

Now seven months following the incident, no one from Rooms To Go has ever called me back. Very hard to fathom. I never thought I would have to submit a write-up like this about any company. I suspect if RTG reviews these write ups, ** may well get a handsome bonus for his perseverance in ignoring my claim. Obviously using social media to help spread the word will need to be my next project. I only wish that I had reviewed this board before purchasing my mattress from Rooms To Go. Little did I know. Buyer beware!

We bought a leather sectional less than a year ago. The one recliner is clearly broken at the foot rest. They sent a technician 3 weeks later. He took pictures and told me someone would get back to me in a couple of days. I did not hear from anyone. So I called. The CSR relayed to me that the tech said this was not a defect but the customer broke it. We have sat in this chair maybe 5 times. I have a recliner in another room we have had for 10+ years, and sat in a lot, that is not damaged. I find it absolutely ridiculous that they are blaming the customer on this. It was my first time buying from Rooms to Go. And my last. This was not cheap either. It is the Cindy Crawford home collection. So if you are looking for some furniture stay clear. Or just never sit in it.

You guys along with Synchrony Bank make it difficult as hell to try and get furniture when as a service member we can't always be there in person with our family. We aren't doing anything fraudulent. I get it. Your policy whatever but you guys don't work anyway and I'm not flying out there just to show up in person. Terrible.

I purchased a Brandon Heights sofa and sectional in 2014. In 2015 the first leg broke, I rotated one from the back and used a block for support. In October 2016 a 2nd leg broke. I was told to mail $33 to an address and in 3 months a new leg would be sent. Customer Service was pitiful and really unsure of even this info. I mailed the money 10-07-16 but Dec 31 I was moving into a new home and really wanted the replacement leg so I called, reconfirmed the address and was provided the orig money order into to trace the 1st pymt. I was told they would get both legs shipped. Now June of 2017, I've received 0 legs, paid for 2 and this cheaply made furniture from China had 2 more legs which crack at the same place on every leg. Crap company, crap goods, zero product support and absolute fraud, Western Union confirms they cashed both money orders. Pathetic.

In September 2016 I spent $2700 on a sofa and loveseat from the Eric Church collection. They both have electric recliners on each end. The electric recliner aspect is fantastic, but the sofa frame broke in less than three months. That's ridiculous. The repair guy, who couldn't repair what was broken (not his fault, and he was VERY nice), said that RTG should call me next week regarding the "next steps". Honestly, I'd like my money back. I'm not interested in paying that much money for furniture that only lasts a couple of months. I own pool floats that have lasted longer. I don't have time to get my furniture repaired or replaced on a quarterly basis. The replacement sofa was FINALLY delivered in January. RTG refused to discuss what would happen when this sofa broke. I reported the second sofa and the loveseat as broken in March 2017, and they came in April to look at them, and pronounced them both in working order, despite their being broken.

So, I had to wait several weeks for them to be VERY broken. I've reported the issue to RTG, again, and they're coming this weekend, again. They STILL refuse to tell me how many times they will play this Replacement Game, or when the Replacement Game ends. In the meantime, I spent nearly $2700 on what Rooms to Go apparently considers disposable furniture. I am disgusted with RTG and their lack of caring about their customers. I'll be phoning the FL Department of Consumer Affairs, and I'll be reaching out to Eric Church so that he is aware of how RTG is abusing his name and reputation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms To Go?

Bought extended warranty on my furniture bought for rooms from them. They said the warranty covers everything for 4 years. I called couple months later. I had a scratch on footboard twin bed. They said they don't cover that. They don't cover anything actually. They just lie to get you to buy warranty. They don't even have a number that you can call to cancel the warranty. Customer service has to send them an email to call. God knows if they will. Very mad and disappointed.

We purchased an adjustable bed because of a back problem. We have had it for 3 weeks. It is a queen size and is very uncomfortable if you don't have a back problem. I returned to the store to talk to the salesman to see if we could upgrade it to a king size. I didn't ask for my money back. Just wanted something that I could sleep in. He handed me a card with customer service number and walked away and ignored us the rest of the time we were in the store. I am so very disappointed in the way this was handled. I will never recommend to anyone to purchase a mattresses there. Most places have at least a 30 day satisfaction guarantee... Please ask lots of questions before you buy their furniture because they will not tell you what you need to know. Lessons learned!!! Sleepless nights!!!

I purchased a bedroom suite for my daughter from Rooms to Go last year. They delivered the bed but the top rails on the canopy would not connect because the hardware didn't match. I called Rooms to Go 8 different times to come back and complete assembling the bed and installation I paid for. Every time they came, gave me attitude, took pictures but never finished putting the bed together. It has now been a complete year and they have done nothing to follow up with me, offer any type of resolution or make even the slightest effort to fix the situation. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with and will never buy anything from this company ever again.

The sectional sofa set should align all the pieces to same height and symmetrical. But when it first delivered there are scratches and asked for replacement. When they replaced the pieces they did not align properly. We requested to fix it, but they had multiple visits by support team, but no resolution. Finally they said they can't do anything to fix. I don't have any way to remedy it.

I'm shocked at the incompetence of such a big company! I was originally told I had a delivery window of 8-12:00. I then received a call confirming my delivery time of 12-4:00. I was very upset because I scheduled a flight during this time. I called to complain and was told there was absolutely nothing they could do. I was told if I had financed they could work with me but could not work with me because I paid in full?? I was upset but rescheduled my plans. I was supposed to see my son off in a fishing tournament. At 4:00 no show so I called back. I was then told it would be 8:00 and delivery was just an estimate! I was also told they made deliveries up until 10:00!

So I'm out the money for my flight, and because I believed them the second time, am also out the money for my hotel room I booked for myself to drive. I'm pretty sure if I had been told it was actually a 12 hour window, I would have bought from another company. They know that most people would as well! That is precisely why they lie. I wish I had never given them my business. I hope this serves as a warning to anyone buying from Rooms to Go.

Bought bedroom set, put $400 down. Put order on hold as I was told this was no problem. A year later decided to cancel the order. Was told I wouldn't get my $400 back. So, in essence, I just donated $400 to Rooms To Go for no reason as they weren't holding my furniture anywhere. They hadn't even ordered it as of yet.

April 2016 I use the CREDIT I had to purchase a bed. Argue with the store about them covering delivery because of the ridiculousness of all I'd been through. They finally agree. Set delivery date for a specific window. Delivery guys get there 4 HOURS LATER and the customer service people I spoke with several times told me it's just a SUGGESTED window of time and they can't guarantee anything. Guys get here and they both REEK of marijuana and I had to help them put my bed together as they weren't even following the directions AND were putting some of the wrong parts together until I stopped them.

April 2017 my freaking bed frame breaks. And I mean, can't sleep on it kind of breaks. The arm on the right side that holds up the bed broke in half because the quality of the bed was so crappy. Got help to move the frame out from under the bed and it is currently up against my wall in my bedroom. I ping with customer service this morning and they tell me as a courtesy they will send out a technician to see if it is fixable BUT if it isn't there is nothing they can do.

So, I paid for a bed last year and it broke a year later and it is past the 1 yr warranty and now I am to the point AGAIN where I completely DONATED money to Rooms To Go. Because the technician will not be able to fix the bed long term. It's completely broken and can't support the mattress. On the right side it sags in the middle down 2-3 inches. It is INSANE how insufficient the manufacturing and quality of the products Rooms To Go sells are. And their customer service is absolutely horrible. Truly the worst I have EVER dealt with in my entire life. I'm DISGUSTED with Rooms To Go and I HIGHLY advise EVERYBODY to avoid them like the plague. They STEAL your money - end of discussion.

Today, our son's bed was supposed to be delivered. He was so excited since we have been waiting for about 5 weeks. The excitement quickly died when the driver told us the wrong parts were delivered. I asked him when they would be delivering the correct pieces and he said he didn't know, I would have to call customer service, "I'm just the driver; I don't know anything about anything else." In my opinion, when you are the driver and wear a Rooms to Go shirt, you should still be concerned with customer service. My son was visibly upset, and it would have been nice if he would have taken the time to call customer service or assisted us in some way, but I know that wasn't his job. He seemed like he was in a hurry to get me to sign and get out the door.

I called customer service and Becky told me that the earliest they could deliver the "in stock" items was 2 weeks from today (June 14-17). I asked her why we had to wait so long if it was their mistake in loading the wrong items on the truck, and couldn't they just move some things around to get us an early delivery date? She responded in an appalled and stern voice that "We do not bump other customers." I asked her if they could just squeeze us in. She said, no that those dates are the soonest they have. And then repeated, "We don't bump other customers' dates that they have reserved." I felt like I did something wrong or said something wrong and was being scolded for suggesting that my needs be addressed with some care and consideration.

I asked her what did they do for customers who have been waiting for weeks and had the wrong merchandise delivered? She said she would double check the dates and then came back on the line and confirmed again that 2 weeks was the earliest date. I told her I would like to file a complaint and she told me that I was talking to the person who could hear the complaint. Obviously, she was part of my complaint, so why would I be okay telling her about it. I asked for a manager or contact information, she directed me to the website and told me to go to "contact us" to file a complaint. Is it such a horrible thing that my son sleeps on a mattress in his room for another 2 weeks? No, it is not. I am, however, concerned with the tone and policy of customer service.

Jacksonville, Florida Rooms to Go Store at Regency Square. SALESPERSON KASEY. On Monday May 29, I went to this store to purchase a chair. First thing is I went to the store alone and no salesperson approached me as there were families and couples come into the door at the same time. I wanted around and found the chair wanted and asked Kasey that was showing a couple the same chair how much one across the aisle was and he told me $399 and I said I would take it. He asked who my salesperson was and I said no one. He huffed and said, "Come on I will ring it up."

He starting telling me about all the added service I could get for $29.95 and I said I do not want and HE SAID, "LISTEN TO ME I AM TALKING." At the end of the spiel I said, "No I do not want." I said, "I will take with me" and he said, "No you want as you will have to drive to Tampa to pick up." I gave him $300 in cash and $186 on my debit card and he huffed again and I said, "I am sorry that I am bothering you." He said, "I am just doing my job" and I said, "If you do not like it find another and do not take out on me." On my driver's license it shows Unit 2021 and he wrote apartment to show me. I called that afternoon and was told the manager was on the floor and the next day I called and was told the same thing. They told me that I would have to contact Corporate to complain. The chair is to be delivered today.

While I made my purchase here in Houston, it is the same product sold in all stores. My complaint is about the quality of the products they are selling. While the price makes you feel like you are getting a decent deal, the old saying, "You get what you pay for," comes to mind. I have purchased nothing from there, that I have not had problems with. Purchasing an old antique piece of furniture, and having it painted for your space, is a way better deal. Take my word, DO NOT PURCHASE FURNITURE FROM ROOMS TO GO! While I have had issues with most items, a chest-of-drawers has been the worst. On the surface the piece looks nice, but the drawers fit in tracks that are flimsy and keep breaking.

The tracks are metal, but it keeps bending, and the wood pieces (2x2's) literally are brittle. The price tag was NOT cheap, but the product delivered ended up being cheaply built. While I have had a technician out to fix it, a few times, once the anniversary of purchase date rolled around, they told me that they would NO LONGER stand behind the piece. They said that the product has a one year warranty, and after that they will no longer fix it... even though the issues were repeatedly the same. In other words, it is a piece of junk, and after 12 months they literally wipe their hands of you and the product.

We purchased a couch from Rooms-to-go and were given "express delivery". Only noting us someone had to be home all day, they can come anytime. I took the day off and waiting. By 3 pm I heard nothing so called customer care, they told us it can be between 9-10 pm at night, and the driver was running behind and we will get a call an hour before. WHO DELIVERS FURNITURE AT 10 PM AT NIGHT? So I took the day off for nothing, heck even a half day window would have been nice (first half or second half delivery?) then people can know whether to take a full day off or not.

So 9 pm rolls around and nothing! WE are pissed, tired and everyone we spoke to were in shock of our situation and never heard of such things. 9:45 pm we finally get a phone call "will someone be there PAST 10 pm?" "Well yes, but we have an early day and would like to get to bed, what time past 10 pm?" They could not say. 10:45 pm we get a phone call... "I'm sorry, the truck broke down! It will not come until tomorrow." That is like "the dog ate my homework". Seriously, you expect us to believe that. I understand accidents happen, but seriously, it is 11 pm at night, beyond a 12 hr shift, someone finally realized they needed to shut this down, but to leave a customer hanging all day? And they could not even say it will be first thing in the morning, just sometime between 9-10 pm again... So I have to take another day off (2 days of lost pay) and it may not even been necessary.

8:40 am I get a call they should be between 2pm-6pm... I am guessing 7 pm or later and once again I could have worked today. We will receive a phone call an 1 hr before with a better time. I called customer service and all I got was "we apologize for your inconvenience." No compensation, no voucher nothing... Thanks for me taking 2 days off work. And who knows when if it will even come today. But I find it so hard to believe a company of this size and has made so many deliveries over the years that you can not have a better delivery system, with even a generic window to convenience customers better. And if you are delivering until 10 pm at night, maybe hire more drivers because accidents do happen and you do run behind and no one wants furniture delivered at 11 pm at night!

My experience in your Frisco, Texas was at best average. My sales associate was polite but not well versed on the quality of the furniture. When I decided to purchase the mattress elsewhere the sales associate told me I'd be making a horrible decision and would not write the order until she showed me several mattresses.

I was not explained how the gift card process worked, actually went into Best Buy to use the card and was told it's not valid. I was questioned by the salesperson how I obtained the card and if I had proof it belonged to me. At that point, I was embarrassed and confused. It made me feel like I had possessed an illegal gift card. Not until I called back to talk to another salesperson was I informed on how the card works. He also told me that my salesperson was new and didn't know the process. When salespeople wait for their UP they should not be mocking or discussing the clientele, especially female shoppers. Sitting in the front of the store having a good time is not the proper representation of a professional organization.

At this point I have had to cancel and pay for an apartment in which I am not going to use after 2 days, due to a family member's health. As a matter of fact, I haven't spent more than 2 hours in the apartment since last Friday. A portion of the furniture was delivered Friday afternoon and Friday evening I received an emergency call which took me out of town. My belonging are no longer in the apartment other than what RTG delivered. I realize this is not a RTG problem but I was hoping for some corporate responsibility and understanding realizing each situation is different.

I now have a sofa, ottoman, table, lamp, bed, nightstands, dresser, and television stand I am unable to use, due to the timing and where I'll be relocating too. The dresser and television stand I've yet to receive. Order number **. The apartment company worked with my situation by offering me a buyout as did the company I purchased a mattress from. Yet RTG has a zero-return policy on furniture purchased within the store. I'm not looking for a 100% refund, penalties should be applied as I took delivery.

My last ditch effort to talk to someone with reason. Called the store. Asked for the sales manager, they asked for my order number, then proceeded to connect me to the saleswoman (Erin) who "helped" me. She would not let me talk, kept interrupting me and then without warning HUNG UP. Getting the store manager on the phone takes a act of congress. I'm not a person that goes to such lengths to complain but in this case I'm making it my mission to properly inform everyone I know about my experience. My furniture will probably be donated to a worth cause, although furniture doesn't help those in need, supporting charities financially helps find cures and feeds many. I hope the CEO of RTG never has to experience what the average person shopping in his stores do. I guess with his net worth he'll never know what the average American has to deal with.

We bought a 5 set living room furniture 2 months ago... and the sofa bottom frame broke in the half as we sat on it. Emailed customer service and called several times before they told me they are not replacing the furniture because is sitting in my office. Please be aware that Rooms To Go furniture does not have the quality as they claim to and is just junk!!! And also be careful if you need anything from customer service. They are fast to take your money but you will be awaiting forever on the telephone or never have a reply on the email sent if you have an issue with their poor quality furniture!!

Purchased new living room set 3 weeks ago for $2700. Scheduled delivery on Friday, May 19, 2017. They called to verify delivery date twice last week and once the day before delivery. I took the day off work since they couldn't give me an approximate time for delivery. At 3:30pm get a call from the driver saying he is running late and would try to be here at 4:00pm but if not he would be here no later than 6:00pm. At 6:45pm we call the dispatch center to see what's taking so long she tells us our delivery is now scheduled for Sunday. Say WHAT? The dispatcher tells us the drivers was cancelled earlier in the day because he was "violently ill". Dispatch says they don't know who called us and confirmed delivery. Spoke with a second person who advised me the driver had been involved in a traffic accident earlier in the morning and the route was rescheduled for Sunday.

Both dispatchers said we had been called and informed of the rescheduling which we had not which is why we were calling well after the delivery time to find out where they hell they were. Contacted the manager, Michelle from the RTG Store in Pensacola, FL. To her it was business as usual, as in she was used to her customers getting screwed over. I demanded someone bring my furniture since I felt it unfair they should have my money and my couches. She said she would call the delivery manager and find out if they could deliver tomorrow. I told her I did not want the couches tomorrow. I wanted them today as I cannot take another day off work for them to jerk me around again. Michelle was even more insulting offering me a $150 refund for my troubles for today. That wasn't acceptable. I lost more money then by not going to work.

I tried to explain to Michelle my side but she wouldn't shut up and let me talk and continued to talk over me causing me to yell at her to shut up and she complained that I was yelling at her. I told her I was yelling because she wasn't hearing or listening to me. Even more insulting she was willing to just cancel the order like it was no big deal; because to her it was not. We had been sitting on the floor of our living room all day, in anticipation of new furniture being delivered we had our old couches hauled off. Horrible experience, disgusting management, they do not care. We wasted a half a day in a showroom and a full day waiting for delivery now I'm wasting time here.

Not once, but twice had furniture scheduled for delivery and they did not show. The first delivery arrived damaged and they decided to leave the damaged console until they could replace it. Had to schedule twice and no show. Customer service department is lacking professionalism, and experienced personnel. RTG needs to spend some money on training the customer service department and clean house to be able to have competent, intelligent people handling the most important department in a company. Will NEVER AGAIN purchase from RTG, unless I want to have a miserable experience.

I reported to my new duty station in Charleston SC in 2010 continuing my military career. My wife and I purchased a new home and was in need of furniture. We saw and decided to furnish our entire home with the company. $12,000.00 later and a lovely powered leather set we were happy. Fast forward seven years later, our beautiful black leather set turns out to be fake leather and is severely turn from not so frequent use in our media room. As is the case with so many before us, I was told by customer service there was nothing they could do for us. It's as if this company knowingly sells this fake crap and get away with it free of any penalties. If by chance you come across this post, please spare yourself the time and money and stay away from this company by all cost.

Without researching much about the store we were quick to buy all of our new home's furniture from Rooms To Go. Beware this is only for cheap furniture, electric hardware is not authentic, poor product life as a whole. From the day of purchase we had problems with almost every piece we bought. We are writing this review after we have had it with all the cheating and dishonesty we had to go through with the Customer Service. A very expensive high end leather sectional with electric recliners had recliner motors busted in just few months. Leather is not genuine, wrinkles, fades and cracks easily and quickly. Store too gave us (multiple times) wrong cleaner, a fabric cleaner for a leather couch that discolored it and now they deny any service for it.

Technician cheats by not putting complete notes for the issue, writes the notes so tricky that it would not create issue to the company, and never writes the notes in anyway agreeing to the issue even after looking at the issue firsthand and even after taking pictures. Customer service goes ONLY by what is in the notes. They delay and drag the issue so much until you run out of warranty and then they show warranty to get out of their mess. Dining tables (wood) cannot withstand the heat even with place mats, will surely smudge the top, so I believe all the wood used is pretty cheap. You can read other reviews too to know what I am saying is right. Bar stools lost their spring action in few months and was serviced twice, but back to old condition. Also noticed that they are expensive compared to what we get on Amazon, please check out, almost half the price on Amazon.

All of these within one year only, so I wonder what is the real life of their products. The store and the customer service work together in cheating you, very bad ethics and very dishonest service. What was promised orally over the phone will be denied just because it is missing (because the rep forgot to put full notes) in the damn notes. Beware, because imagine furniture with issues lying in your home, working nothing close to your satisfaction.

First purchase from this firm (and last!). Bought a love seat and sofa in November 2013. We had 2 previous sets that were much cheaper but both lasted over 11 years. The house is used infrequently by us and family and friends - so there is no excess or misuse. In April we noticed the seat and headrest on the love seat were flaking pieces of leather off, completely spoiling the look. I emailed their "customer service" department with photos of the failure. They responded with a request for photos of the sofa!

When sent, they offered me $675 towards a new sofa and love seat, if we returned both sofa and love seat, necessitating a large expenditure, occasioned by the failure of their goods in an inordinately short space of time. I considered this totally unacceptable and replied that $675 would be acceptable against a love seat only. That was rejected out of hand. I have therefore terminated the correspondence but may resort to mail complaints on my return to England as I am certain any reputable English company would deal with this far better. I can only advise people not to buy from this firm!

April 30th, 2017. For over 2 decades I have purchased furniture from RTG. I have never had a bad experience with customer service or sales. In May 2015 I purchased a new bedroom suite for my 80 year old mother and have had no problems. This past spring 2016 I purchased 2 swivel chairs and an oversized recliner. After 4/5 moths I noticed that a (seam) had opened on one of the chairs and had started unraveling. The backs of both chairs had started to buckle, roll and one feels kind of like the back has given way. The recliner starting leaning to the left so bad that no one will use it. The left arm was worn after 4/5 mos. I requested service for the first time in July if I recall correctly. I called and scheduled an appt with cust. serv. which came and evaluated the furniture. The tech took pics and inserted a piece of foam into the seating of the recliner and said that would solve the problem. LOLOL

Pics were submitted of all of the chairs and I got a call stating that the service ticket was closed and that they found that this was caused in the home and they saw no issues in the pics. I was livid. They did send a second tech after I insisted on a supervisor and I told them that there was NOOO way these problems could have shown up in the photos... or I would not be getting this call to close this work order. The 2nd tech told me that none of these issues with the chairs showed up in pics and that he would submit new ones. He also told me that you get what you pay for, this was not Ethan Allen!!!

Several days later, same call, same evaluation. So I am stuck with almost 2,600$ worth of chairs that are literally falling apart. I pitched a tantrum telling the cust. serv. rep on the phone that these problems were not properly being related to service, there was no way RTG would ignore these problems. So she scheduled a third service call. The day before the appt. I received a call from Cust. Serv. saying that RTG had sent two techs and there (NOT) be any others, they were not coming back again and they had reviewed the claim and that no one would be coming out anymore. So I have 3 pieces of defective furniture I am stuck with. I held up my contract with RTG to purchase. There is no explanation for this, with the exception that there has to be a bonus paid to service for closing tickets. There is no way this defects were visually seen by two techs, reported to service and ignored.

The delivery was good. The sales experience was good, but RTG honoring their commitment to warranty their products 1 year last month and was dismissed. I have never been so disgusted with any furniture company and I have purchased a lot of furniture in my time. NO ONE should purchase furniture from this company.

I purchased a power leather sofa for my mom 1.5 years ago. At the time of purchased, the sales agents - I think is Rebecca told me to purchase a warranty to cover all defective on your leather. They will fix everything from wear to tear. Well this is a lie, after 1.5 year of used, the TOP LEATHER they sold faded in color, the thread Ripped. I called the service, they told me that my warranty only cover food and drink Stains. I told them that is not what I was told. Well they reply it is my contract. It is my fault for not reading the contract and trust my salesman. Why do I need food and drink stain coverage when my sofas are leather? Rooms to Go, you are a big company and yet, hired salesman that are LIARS. I know selling product to make commission is a priority but violating your customer's Trust and ruin your reputation. Is it worth it?

So my fiance and myself are out looking for furniture and drop into Rooms To Go. Awesome customer service in store and we decided to put our trust in this place, BIG MISTAKE!!! We had to wait almost 3 weeks for our delivery and when it finally arrives we did not receive all of our furniture due to the contracted driver and his help getting into a heated altercation with my fiance because the driver was tired and we had about 25 pieces coming in.

We were threatened and had to call the police while they decided to take the furniture that was in my house back out after me telling them to leave my furniture that it was paid for!!! ALMOST 9,000 dollars’ worth of furniture!! And please keep on my children were watching all of this, so we end up back at the store that evening and was told there was nothing that could be done and we would be contacted the next day. We had to sleep on the floor the first night because all of our old furniture was gone and the next few nights a hotel, so when the customer service and General manager call me the next day he tried to compensate us with 400 dollars and 2 weeks later our furniture and of course I was furious and refused.

Long story short we ended up keeping my marble tables ONLY because I could not find any like that in Fayetteville and 2 lamps that came in 2 and a half weeks later broken only to be told it would be another week for delivery. So today I receive a call from their customer service to confirm my lamp delivery and was told I was only receiving only 1 lamp and that they had noted I had one in my home. I DONT have a lamp in my home and the driver and the manager of the store I made my purchase is aware of this BUT the lady on the phone in some warehouse says I have the lamp and they are only delivering 1 lamp to me this Thursday so once again I have to call to the store I purchased in and speak with the manager I have been dealing with and explain again that something else has went wrong.

I am so exhausted with dealing with these people and all of this and I am so tempted to call AGAIN and request my money back AGAIN!!! Listen to me please when I tell you stop and dont go into these stores and give them your money, they have awesome salespeople but terrible everything else! I purchased almost $9,000 worth of furniture and received the biggest hassle along with it and it’s just not worth it.

I purchased a sofa, loveseat, and small dining set from Rooms To Go (RTG) during a Labor Day promotion sale. I have relocated for a new job and had a new home (which was essentially empty). I had plenty of time to settle and wait for deliveries (so I thought). I had allowed 5 weeks to settle into the new home. 1st problem - They waited close to 2 months to deliver and gave me the delivery window (8-11). I had to take a 1/2 day off without pay and the first big staff meeting of the new job was at noon the delivery day. The drivers got lost and called to say they would arrive late. I asked them to take lunch and at least let me go to this meeting because it was their fault. They threatened to return with the furniture and have RTG reschedule the delivery.

I had to call my new employer - miss the mandatory meeting, miss enough salary to negate the sales promotion on the furniture purchase (or I could have waited another 2-3 months with no furniture in my house and repeated the missed pay gamble all over again). 2nd problem: It would not be until January that I totally unwrapped the plastic off the chairs for the small dining room set (it was in a kitchen area). I live alone and had been using a stool at a counter for myself. I had company visiting and the first time someone sat in one of the chairs, a leg broke off. RTG was called immediately (it was a Sunday: on-line sales responded, but I was assured customer service would handle it on Monday).

When I called on Monday, though I had a one year warranty, the chair was new and was just unwrapped, they would not replace it. They wanted a technician to come look at the chair. I was told I would receive a call. At two weeks, I had not received a call, and I called again- "Oh, I need to resubmit that request" was what the representative stated when looking at my account notes. A few weeks later, after no call and my thinking about it, I called again -- they were going to have to resubmit the request again. At that point, I expressed I did not feel a technician looking at the chair was fair or reasonable. I wanted the chair replaced or I wanted them to come get the entire dinette and refund my money. The representative got off the line for a time, returned and said she would return my call at the end of the business day.

After a week I had received no return call. At this point, I contacted the Credit Card company I had used to purchased the furniture and informed them what was occurring and filed a dispute and had the charge for the dining set removed from my card. Approximately 6 weeks later, I received a letter from the credit card company dismissing the dispute, because the Customer Service department had made statement they had "left multiple messages attempting to schedule a repair" and I had not responded. I have voicemail on both a home phone and mobile phone and had never received any such message. I then contacted RTG customer service and requested to speak to the person who had signed the letter with the false claim, but only the representative who answered the phone would speak with me.

What I could discover was that the rep who was to have called me back on the same business day over a month earlier, had entered into my account notes that she had returned my call, and that she had spoken to me. She also entered into the notes she referred my case to Reliable Furniture Repair. I asked that representative to enter into those notes that neither of those events occurred. I had never spoken to her again after she said she would call me and Reliable Furniture had never called. That rep gave me the direct number to Reliable. I contacted the bank and notified them they canceled the dispute on false information, but they stated they would not reopen the dispute, that it was a "he said-she said" situation. That their job was not that of investigator to determine if RTG was lying or unscrupulous.

I did contact Reliable Furniture Repair and they had never heard of me. Meaning RTG had never opened an account to repair my furniture. This began a whole new nightmare (and deserves its own review). Reliable never did repair or inspect the chair. They repeatedly called and offered appointments within the time parameters I originally stated I was not available. When I finally paid someone to repair the chair and left them a message to please stop calling me and leaving messages during the times I said I was unavailable, they finally called during the very time I had originally stated I could take calls and be available to be disrespectful and rude. It has been an overall horrible experience. (And RTG is indeed unscrupulous).

Do not buy furniture from here. Bought a leather set and it started peeling. They replaced it and it started peeling. Tried to get my money back and they refused saying it's out of warranty. I asked for the CEO number and that was a negative. We chose not to replace it and chose to keep it until it tears up.

This was the worst experience ever! I ordered the furniture and had to take the day off because they couldn't give me an estimated time frame. Then I received a cracked headboard. Then I did not receive all the furniture that was in the picture. So I called to tell them and they said I misunderstood but the bed was actually considered 3 pieces! So I tried to order the other piece that I wanted and then the credit card processing was down on their website so I should try again in one hour. So I did... Now I am not able to get the furniture delivered tomorrow which is what I was told could happen if I ordered before 2 pm.

We purchased a electric recliner couch 3 years ago. One of the recliner electric broke. We called customer service at Rooms to Go to get a repairman. They said they don't repair after one year. I said I am willing to pay for the repair. They said they can't do that. I asked if they could give me a number I could call. They said no. I googled for repair and after 7 calls no one did recliner repair. All told me to call where we got the couch. I called back customer service to ask again if they could advise anyone they know since they have to fix the recliners if it is within a year. They said no and there was nothing they could do for me. Unbelievable. Would never buy another thing for here!!

I purchased a Neutral Beachside Sofa about 2 1/2 years ago. It had a slipcover on it that is removable. Underneath is supposed to be a regular sofa... you can use it with or without the slipcovers. Next weekend I am moving, so I figured it was a good time to pull the covers off to wash them (which did come out beautiful btw). I am 125 lbs and live alone. The sofa has been sat on maybe 10 times since I bought it. The whole stupid thing under the slipcover is coming apart. Nails sticking out everywhere... the back is peeling off. The fabric is ripping at the seams. I am so disappointed. I loved this sofa. The new apt. is going to have an extra room which I planned on going back to Rooms to Go to furnish it. Not a chance will I spend another dime there.

Rooms to Go Company Profile