Rooms to Go
1.12/5
Based on 156 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Rooms to Go

Last updated: May 22, 2018

1795 Rooms to Go Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 22, 2018

We purchased a 6 piece sectional sofa, sold to us as leather, for one of our homes. LEATHER??? Not a chance. The sofa, MADE IN CHINA, began peeling after 2 years, it appears to be some kind of spray on plastic mixture. That purchase was our first and DEFINITELY OUR LAST from RTG. Any celebrity promotion the crap that RTG sells us a celebrity I will NEVER support in any way. I will attempt to attach a photo.

Original review: May 22, 2018

We were intrigued by the interest free financing at Rooms to Go because we had just purchased a house so that our kids could have a place to live. Medical bills have pushed them into significant debt. Upon choosing bed furniture and mattresses so there was a place to sleep we were denied instant credit. Quite unique since we have outstanding credit. Now we can't get this furniture delivered until we get the 'plastic card' in our possession unlike the next person in line who may qualify for instant credit and could be sleeping on their beds right now.

Scenario: My theory... in Synchrony Bank/Rooms To Go credit department someone has come up with the idea that if a person has the means to pay for their purchase then their credit application process gets flagged and the process becomes purposely difficult so that the purchaser (me) throws up his/her hands and says "oh well I will pay cash". Sale complete! And they have all their money up front. Neat and tidy.

In the meantime, in my opinion, another customer who has "OK" credit and DOES qualify gets instant credit. Here lies the plan... That person (with just average means) may have a hiccup later on down the road and miss a payment, then Synchrony Bank is poised to slap on the interest to that account with a missed payment and probably collects high interest for the duration of the debt which will most likely be the 5 years advertised on the interest free financing plan. Who wins here??? Synchrony Bank! In my heart of hearts, I truly believe this to be the case.

In the meantime, there are no beds in our house... 7 days out and no plastic card in sight. We will cancel the order and move on to another vendor. No one at the Synchrony Bank credit card customer service could help us. We have an approved credit card with Synchrony Bank for the Rooms to Go order but were refused help to move the process along and so that we could get the beds. They have the account, the number and all the means to contact Rooms to Go and say, "Ok we can approve this order, but hey no I must have the "plastic" card." And from reading the Rooms to Go product horror stories, maybe someone is watching over us.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Bought an expensive sleeper sofa and love seat. Day of delivery the Rooms to Go worker carried both by himself to the front door while driver stayed in truck. The kid banged the entryway of house doing this with both items. I assisted him despite a bad back as I had not yet seen the driver and the delivery kid said he was by himself. Once inside the house I noticed damage and then noticed the driver in the truck. He then finally came in to help even though the work was done. He took pictures of the damaged legs and the sleeper sofa that would not open. He said they would have customer service call me to schedule the repair as it could be done inside the house.

I also called the Webster Texas location and they told me they would also send an inquiry to customer service and I should hear something within 72 hours. After a week without calls I called the Webster store and customer service. The store offered a paltry 50% refund of delivery after hearing my complaint. The customer service offered a 50% refund on their end also and said they would “try” to get a replacement to me within a week and also said repairs could not be conducted in the home. I asked for a manager and the manager offered me a 10% discount to keep the furniture!!! I’m like what part of the sleeper sofa will not pull out and work do you not understand? I wouldn’t accept this sofa for free. She was as worthless as the Webster store manager Tony was. DO NOT ever buy from these clowns!!! I still don’t have the replacements delivered yet.

Original review: May 19, 2018

After waiting four weeks for our furniture, the promised delivery date arrived. We were given a four hour delivery window in the middle of the day. We told them that we work during the day, but we were promised a "heads up" call one hour prior to arrival to allow us time to get home to meet them. I received a call around 1 o'clock, stating that they were at my house, no advance warning call had been made. My MIL lives only 1 minute away so I told the caller I would have her come to my house to meet the truck. She went immediately but they had already left. My husband spent the next three hours calling the customer service line and being told that the drivers were still in our area and that the dispatch manager would call him back but no one ever would call back.

Finally around five o'clock we were told that the drivers had already headed back to the warehouse (in Georgia, we live in SC) and we would have to schedule a new delivery date. This was on a Thursday and we had family coming in on Friday to stay for the weekend. We had gotten all of our living room furniture cleared out in preparation for the new pieces so there was no place for anyone to sit. After talking to a couple of friends about our situation and the terrible customer service, we found that this was apparently a common issue for RTG. We decided to just cancel the order and go Friday to a local furniture shop where we had seen a LR set weeks ago, before we ordered from RTG (The only reason we went with RTG was their payment plan). We were able to pick up the set on Friday and move it ourselves, in order to have it in time for our visitors.

When I called to tell RTG we were cancelling the order, I was told they would not refund the $99 delivery fee because the men had come to the house. Even when I explained that we had expected a call prior to their arrival, I was told that they would not refund the $99 and that those "heads up" calls were not guaranteed. Apparently you are expected to take a day off of work to wait around for delivery. The "customer care" rep was not exactly rude, but he just kept repeating that company policy was not to refund that fee. I do not feel it is right, given that we were told by a representative of their company to expect a call so that we could have someone at the house and that did not happen. This is terrible customer service, and I would think their reputation would be worth more to them than $99. I will NEVER shop there and will recommend to anyone else to beware as well.

Rooms to Go response

Thank you for getting back to us. We'd be happy to look into this for you, and have someone reach out to you with an update.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I purchased a sectional couch just 2 years ago. After the 1st year the L shaped cushion became flat and have to be replaced. Just recently the sectional piece broke off from its bracket and separated from the main couch. I am a single guy and do not have kids that jump on a couch. The couch does not get sit on Heavily. I call them back and a sad that my warranty expired after the 1st year and that there is nothing they can do. I would hope to spend a $1000 on a couch and expect to have at last more than 2 years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms To Go?

Original review: May 12, 2018

I went into a Rooms to Go store to make a purchase two weeks prior to needing the items delivered. I purchased a child's Glove Chair and Ottoman. This is a small chair with ottoman and was in stock. The date and 'delivery window' came with NO delivery. I did get a call toward the end of that window stating that my delivery was pushed back to 8:00-10:00 PM but the delivery driver would call prior to delivery. I even gave the contact numbers to the dispatcher again to assure this delivery. By 10:15 PM, and still no delivery or call, I tried calling all phone numbers to determine the situation. Customer Service, Dispatcher for Delivery, Stores - all closed for the day. This item was to be delivered to my grandson on his birthday! I was on the phone with my daughter-in-law until 11:45 PM waiting for delivery at her home. Complete NO CALL/NO SHOW.

I called Customer Service at 8:00 AM the next morning and was told "Our guys tried to deliver the item at 10:38 PM and no one was home". I ask about the phone call they were supposed to make when they arrived to deliver. They had two different numbers to call. Then I was told again that they tried to deliver at 10:38 PM and no one was home. (At 10:38 PM - no one was home???) I told the RTG person that I could screenshot the text I got from my daughter-in-law at 10:54 PM when she was sitting out on her porch waiting for delivery so they wouldn't ring the bell and wake up the children.

I was then told that the item would have to go back to the warehouse and I could pick it up in 3-5 days or I could reschedule a new delivery date - approximately 2 weeks from today. The lady I spoke with at Customer Service was nice but the lady at the store began to get rude when I assured her that someone was absolutely home and sitting outside waiting for the delivery. So, I cancelled the order. I can get the same item delivered Amazon Prime in 3 days, at a decent hour with guaranteed delivered, plus it's cheaper and much better customer service. No more Rooms to Go for me or mine. I'm one very disappointed Grandma.

Original review: May 10, 2018

We bought a sectional for our living room two weeks ago, and were promised a delivery day nine days after purchase. We got a call the day before delivery saying that someone needed to be home all day, the day of delivery or we'd be charged double the delivery fee. My husband stayed home, but at 4:45 that day we were told the truck broke down. For the next four hours we got multiple calls saying conflicting things. One call said we'd be receiving our furniture by 10:00 pm, one said it might not be today, will probably be tomorrow, one said it might be tomorrow or maybe the next day.

We finally got a call saying that the furniture would not be delivered the delivery date, but might be the next day, and that we needed to be home all day. We made arrangements to be home all day the following day, and after several more calls, we were told that the furniture would be delivered the following day. We removed the existing furniture, expecting the new furniture, so we have no furniture in our living room currently and have spent two days at home waiting on delivery. What company would expect people to be able to do this?

Original review: May 8, 2018

I would highly recommend AGAINST buying any furniture from this company. My husband and I bought a nightstand in December 2017 and noticed little white dots around the top of the stand shortly thereafter - to the point where you could see the wood and/or paper (cheap material) used to create the piece. I've had two service technicians come to our home and take photos and both technicians noted that the defect should be covered under the warranty.

Lo and behold, I get a call today that it is not covered under the 1-year manufacturer's warranty as it is not a manufacturer defect. To say that I am disappointed in the service and lack of empathy/care is putting it lightly. The "white dots" or marks are, in fact, because of how the piece was made and not because of our handling. There is literally one light on the nightstand which is not even by the marks. Again, do yourself a favor and not order any items from this company. Their "1-year" warranty is obviously a waste and their service is deplorable. Take your business elsewhere. That is what my husband and I will be doing moving forward.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Purchased mattress Sept 2017 with adjustable base, it was fine until December when I started experiencing pain in my shoulder so we turned mattress the other direction. Did not help much, since it was firmer. Around Feb 18 turned back around, experience more shoulder pain. Realized the mattress was sewn incorrectly. The top looks very crooked, the top hangs off the side 2 inches where the bottom only 1/4 inch, which seems to be causing a dip. Contacted customer service as per receipt, they had a rep come out May 2 but on May 7 was told they only cover indents more than 7/8 of an inch. So they would do nothing. Reading the back of our receipt it states it cover defects of material and workmanship. I would think something constructed incorrectly would be a defect. Beware of where you shop.

Rooms to Go response

Thank you for getting back to us. We'd be happy to schedule the second evaluation for you. I have scheduled your service appointment for 6/4, which is the soonest available service in your area. Please email us at TellUs@RoomsToGo.com if this date does not work for your schedule.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: May 7, 2018

I would leave no stars if I could. This is the worst furniture store to buy any furniture from. First I get sold a defective mattress. The mattress is no longer carried, so I am told I can reselect a new mattress of equal or greater value. So I go to the store to reselect a new mattress and find one I like. It is comfortable but also cost a lot more than my original mattress. That's fine. We pay the difference. The mattress that comes to my house is nothing like the one I chose at the store. I call customer service and they tell me that they do not have a comfort warranty, and the mattress in the store has been laid on by lots of people and is broken in. So I do the recommended procedure of giving the mattress 30 days to break in and it is still horrible. I wake up in pain and toss and turn all night.

I called customer service and they tell me there's nothing they can do because it's beyond the 48 hour cancellation policy. So Rooms to Go entrapped me to purchase a more expensive mattress, charged me a $99 reselect fee to get a new mattress, when the original one they sold me was defective and covered under the warranty. Then they tell me there's nothing that can be done about this besides coming and reselecting another mattress of equal or greater value and pay the $99 reselect fee again, potentially have to pay for a more expensive mattress again, and get told that they are going to go out of their way to allow me to reselection something else.

The customer service is horrible, the quality of their products are horrible compared to Furniture Row. The store is not willing to help us out even though they sold me a ** mattress. Denver mattress at furniture row guarantees comfort for 365 days and doesn't charge you a reselect fee for choosing something else. I recommend nobody shop here, because you will only regret it in the near future. Not to mention, we spent about $7500 at this place and half the stuff came broken or damaged the first time they delivered, then we had to go out of our way to schedule another delivery only to receive more damaged items. After 4 deliveries, we finally got our goods undamaged. Now only a year and a half later we are dealing with this crap, told they are going out of our way to take more money from us to make it right. This is the worst furniture store I've ever bought from and will never purchase another thing from them.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I bought a bedroom set, dining room table and chairs, and a couch and put them on the 0% for 5 years deal. Total cost was $3500. The furniture is horrible quality and I fully expect it to all be junk by the time I pay it off. The couch cushions have zippers to take them off and wash them. I unzipped it once and it split apart at the threads. The kitchen table was a nice design but it has split at the edges. The legs on the table chairs have all split. I weigh 150 pounds and take good care of my stuff, but everything is just a horrible design that is meant to fail. I will never buy from them again. Next time I will gladly spend twice as much elsewhere to get furniture that will last more than 2-3 years.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: May 2, 2018

Bait and switch!! We did not get couch we ordered in store and when we complained we were told that we signed the paper and that there are absolutely no returns or exchanges. You don't know what you are signing in the store because of the odd names that they use for the different pieces. On top of that they SCRATCHED our floor and damaged the couch bringing it in!! When we tried to put in a claim to have the floor fixed they said because we signed the delivery slip with the driver then that released him of any damage to the house. That's crazy. Wish I could give this company zero stars. I wish consumer affairs would do something about them. :( It seems like everyone has a complaint against this company countrywide!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: May 1, 2018

Where I do begin. Went to the Rooms to Go in Kennesaw, GA on March 31st 2018 and paid cash for all my purchases. $20,000 worth of furniture for my new home. The original delivery date was April 13th and 2 pieces were on back order for April 25th. So When the furniture came on April 13th, not only were some of the furniture damage, it wasn't everything we ordered. So we were left with a scratched table and a bunk bed in pieces. So I guess my grands will sleep on the floor. I postponed my house warming because of the embarrassment of not having my house together...SUCH AN INCONVENIENCE.

So the 25th came and here we go again, the delivery driver came and did not have the piece that went to the bunk bed that CSR verified the night before that was guaranteed to be on the truck, but the replacement dining room table was scratched and it never left the truck, because the delivery driver opened it and immediately it had a scratch about 6 inches long across the table. Then they went to put the bunk bed together with the pieces that were already here, not what they were supposed to bring that wasn't on the truck I might add, and ended up cracking the frame on the bunk bed. That was the whole purpose of the piece needed to be delivered because it did not fit.

So the delivery person said, "you can use this until they bring the right part." I said, "you were supposed to have the right part on your truck." So needless to say another day of absolutely nothing being delivered or replaced. Ok so the next delivery was scheduled for now May 1st. In between that time we went to visit the store and spoke to the manager whom at this time stated, "oh I will send the liaison person that is under the big boss an email of everything and she will contact you." That was April 26th. It is now May 1st and NOTHING! We are simply being treated as if we owe them something. YOU GOT ALL OF OUR MONEY AND WE YET TO GET ALL OF OUR FURNITURE!!!

So back to the May 1st delivery. The scheduled time was between 2 pm and 6 pm. Here it is 7:30 pm and two people from customer service call us and advise that the delivery person is running behind at other deliveries and should get to you no later than 8pm! Once again we are waiting for what I hope is corrected items because if not, they can get all their items today and take it back and we can go shopping somewhere else.

This experience has been the WORST ever. We are new home homeowners to a brand new area and even that was not as stressful as this mess. We were first offered half of our delivery which was 219. I believe he said $125.00 and then he came back after placing us on hold and said, "We'll refund you all of your delivery charges." Really it's not about the money. It's the principle. The big guys are allowing the smaller guys to relay what I feel as a poor message of apologies. We've wasted time waiting, received horrible service, horrible experience, and in return NOTHING; not even a lamp. We Will NEVER purchase not even a lamp shade from this place again!!

Original review: April 26, 2018

We purchased a bedroom set from Rooms to Go and after couple months of use I got a small stain on the headboard. I tried cleaning with the fabric cleaner they gave me at the time of purchase and it made the stain worst. Since it was not even a year of my furniture purchase, I called the customer service and scheduled someone to take a look at the stain and he came with the same fabric cleaner and I told him that cleaner made the stain bad so he went back. After couple days I got a call from RTG customer service saying that I shouldn’t have used that cleaner on the headboard and they are not responsible for the stain because the cleaner was not meant for my headboard. So whoever they sent as a furniture expert he came with the same thing and what if he had used it on my headboard. If I wouldn’t have stopped him he would have used the cleaner that he brought.

Beforehand they should know what my furniture fabric type was, what can or what is the best thing to use for certain stain. So if you go to the store and you buy any kind of furniture they give you those cleaners for free without any warnings. But my point is why they are giving out those cleaners at the store like they are giving out the candies to the kids? It is the store responsibility to make sure they are recommending right products to their customers. And as a customer I have no reason to doubt that their recommended product would make my situation bad. Rooms To Go team are so irresponsible and uncooperative, I am never ever going back to that store. They just like to wash their hands off the situation and don’t even seem to care at all. Now all I am left with the big stain on my expensive headboard which I paid over $2500 for the set.

Original review: April 23, 2018

NEVER AGAIN will I deal with this store. Wanted to buy another night stand to match my set I bought when I lived in Panama City Beach, Florida. I wanted to pick it up at the store and put in back of my truck to take back to Michigan. They would not deliver it to the store and they wanted to charge me over $30.00 for delivery to my condo on the 13 floor. I have no one to help get it back down the 13 floors and put it in my truck. I asked if they would waive the delivery fee or reduce the stand price by the fee they totally refused and said I have to have it delivered and pay for it, could not pick it up at the store. I got a hold of the manufacturer, they directed me to a local store near my Michigan home and they sold me the stand for $72.00 less and no delivery fee. I had bought several thousands of dollars from this store in the past, but will never spend another dime, in fact I will spend more to avoid them.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I bought a love seat 6 months ago. It felt nothing like it did in the showroom. I was told I had to break it in. 6 months later, still nothing like the showroom and VERY uncomfortable. It actually hurts me after sitting for an hour. I do not recommend this store and will probably be buying new cushion inserts since there are no returns and I can't continue to live with the discomfort.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Don’t let a positive in store shopping experience fool you. This company is well aware that they sell poor quality furniture and creates ridiculous policies to protect only themselves. Case in point, when you receive damaged merchandise (and trust me, at least one piece will be damaged as junk rarely survives the shipping/delivery process) Rooms to Go will NOT provide a refund. They will only replace that piece of junk with another piece of junk and when that “new” item is also damaged? Yes, you will have to wait for yet another and so on.

I’ve had a piece of ugly damaged furniture sitting in my living room for weeks and after multiple deliveries they still cannot seem to deliver an undamaged item. After several contacts with what they consider customer service, it is very clear that they know they sell poor quality and could not care less about an unhappy customer. These policies should be illegal and this company will go out of business. Shop Amazon, skip this store.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We just bought three Cindy Crawford slipcovered white cotton duck sofas for our winter home in Florida. They were beautiful and comfortable in the showroom. We went there many times and sat on them before buying. We looked at the construction of the ones in the showroom. The ones we received do not seem to be the same. The sofas were very VERY uncomfortable. We all felt as if we were falling forward, being pushed off the sofas. Sometimes, people put things together wrong so we flipped them upside down (often the front legs are slightly higher on quality furniture than the backs. We felt reversing the legs might be the solution). This attempt to move the legs around did not help.

Finally, after about 3 weeks of misery and uncomfortableness on not one but three sofas, we went back to the showroom and looked. Ours did not look like the same legs OR frame. We were able to purchase new legs and put them on by doing a special order at Lowe's. Now, the sofa is okay as far as that issue goes. BUT, the fabric has stretched out dramatically in 3 months and it looks sloppy and cheap. Finally, we paid for the fabric protection plan. A spill showed clearly that the fabric had not been treated. I WILL SAY THIS on a positive note. The cleaner they give you (should be one bottle for each sofa and we only got 2) is incredible. The stain came out but now I am purchasing Scotchguard and spraying it myself.

I should have known not to waste money on the fabric protection as in the reviews people said they didn't feel it worked or might not have been done. I wish we hadn't bought these Cindy Crawford Sofas. The pillow look hysterical. They have one corner on each pillow that is at an angle instead of a point like the other 3 corners and everyone laughs when they look at them. I stuck them in a box and will either send them to Goodwill or use the stuffing to make new ones. I got some properly made ones at Z Gallery and Homegoods to switch around according to my mood. Bad purchase.

Original review: April 11, 2018

We ordered a bedroom suite. Received a delivery date and time that involved a four hour window on a weekday afternoon. We took off from work to wait, but received no delivery or alert during this time period. After the window expired, we called to inquire on the status of the delivery and were told the driver was late and they would need to add four additional hours onto the delivery window. When we asked if the second window was guaranteed (it went until 8:00 in the evening), the customer care representative indicated he could not guarantee it that day.

When we inquired about a discount on the furniture for our inconvenience or at least a refund of the delivery cost, we were told by the first customer care agent that he was only authorized to refund one half of the fee and that we would have to speak to his supervisor to receive a further refund. Upon being transferred to the supervisor (Ethan), we were told that Rooms to Go never refunds more than one half of the delivery cost and that we were transferred just to get us off the phone with the initial representative.

Ethan then offered to cancel the delivery, but indicated that Rooms To Go's policy was to hold our money for 7 to 10 days regardless of delivery or not. We requested to speak to his supervisor, but he indicated there were no other supervisors. When we asked who he reported to, he indicated "Andy", but sarcastically pointed out that Andy was a manager not a supervisor and that Andy did not ever take phone calls. Our phone call was then terminated. Two and a half hours into the second delivery window, we are still waiting for our furniture having lost four hours of work and having had to arrange for a neighbor to pick our child up from school. Certainly not customer care to be proud of.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: April 10, 2018

We purchased a sectional sofa, dining room table with 6 chairs and matching server. The furniture was delivered a week later. The screws for the server were missing and could not be put together, I was told to call customer service. When we did we were they would mail the screws out, when we received them to call customer service (again!!) and schedule to have a service tech come and assemble it. One of the dining room chairs was chipped in 2 places, was told to call customer service. The sofa did not fit through the door and has been sitting in my garage for almost 2 weeks now. The delivery guys would not take it back with them, we were told we had to go back to the store and speak with the manager.

We drove back to the showroom store (40 minute drive one way). We spoke with manager Casey who did not even have the consideration to stop eating his sandwich, get up and come to the window to speak with us. He explained that due to liability issues the delivery people cannot remove the protective covering off the sofa till after it's in the home. We explained to him that there was no other way to get it in the house except to remove the covering. He said he would contact the sub-contracted delivery company and have them reach out to us within 24 hours to schedule a new delivery date.

Three days later, still no call from the delivery company. We contacted RTG customer service, their CSR did not see any notes entered by manager Casey regarding the sofa. The CSR scheduled a new delivery date and relayed to us that the sofa would be taken into the home, the server would be put together and we would receive a new chair to replace the damaged one. I contacted the store and spoke with manager Casey explaining that we never heard from the delivery company. He replied that he emailed them and they were supposed to contact us to inform they would be coming out the following week. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE service, lack of communication. Will never go back there!!!

Original review: April 9, 2018

Shame on you Rooms to Go! I purchased a canopy bed from you weeks ago. My bed was finally delivered this past week. I was beyond excited. My excitement came to an end when the delivery men had put my bed together but could not put the canopy on. The canopy had been damaged during transit and another one needed to be ordered. I was told someone would contact me to arrange the delivery of the replacement later that week. After hearing from no one last week I decided to call today. I call Rooms to Go customer service to find out that no one had reported the damaged canopy, there would be no replacement available until July, and that I could be refunded $60 for the canopy and my trouble. I am so disappointed in your customer service and your lack of integrity when it comes to your products.

If I would have purchased the bed without the canopy it would have been roughly $1100. To add the canopy I paid over $1800. Now you do the math on how $60 would cover the cost of the canopy. I'll guarantee you Rooms to Go would not have settled for me getting the bed, them expecting their money and me telling them, "Sorry guys I don't have it. I should get some money to you by July but in the meantime here's $60 for your trouble." I will never shop here again and would recommend no one else does either. BUYER BEWARE!!

Original review: April 7, 2018

I bought 4 chairs at Rooms To Go. At the time of purchase, I clearly stated I could not buy the chairs if it could not be delivered on a Friday or Saturday. I travel out of state for business Monday through Thursday, weekly. The salesman said it shouldn't be a problem. We discussed it. He told me he would mark the account and I should tell the delivery scheduler when they called. When the delivery scheduler called, she told me the chairs were coming on a Monday. I said I could not do that. She said she would get back to me. 1 week later I called back and left a message with a person that had to pass the message on to the scheduler; reiterating that I could not do a Monday. Next time I heard from Rooms to Go Delivery was 2 weeks later, on a Monday evening at 6:20 pm, saying the chairs were being delivered at 8:00 pm. Because I couldn't be there, they were going to leave the chairs on my front porch. That would mean they would be on my porch for 4 days.

I paid $250 to Rooms To Go for delivery, to have my chairs dumped, with 1.5 hours warning at my house. I had to pay someone $100 to wait for this last minute, unscheduled delivery. I had to buy a box cutter, cut up 4 oversized boxes, and bring them to the dump because they left the packing containers. ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS TO MAKE THE SALE! The salesman should not have sold me the chairs if they couldn't guarantee the delivery on a Friday or Saturday, as inquired during purchase. They should have given me warning for delivery so I could have prepared for it. They should have taken the debride.

I called the shipper to complain. No help. I called Headquarters to seek remedy. They offered me $25.00 in store credit. I called the Plantation Store where I made the purchase and I was told there was nothing to discuss. Great chairs. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. NEVER AGAIN! They ripped me off for delivery, made me scurry around to fix their bad moves, made me spend more money to secure the unscheduled delivery, and gave me a 1.5 hours chore which they should have completed as part of the $250 charge.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Purchased a mattress and mattress protector at the Miami RTG in Kendall for about $1000. The delivery of the mattress and cover came about a week later. We discovered that the mattress cover wasn't truly dust mite protective since the bottom of the cover is open. When customer service called about how the delivery/install came we indicated that we were going to return the cover. They said no problem.

A few days later I tried to return the cover at another store in Boca Raton and they would not accept the return saying I had to take it to the store I purchased it from. When I called the Miami store where I purchased it they too would not accept it because 48 hours had passed from the time of delivery. Mind you we never used it and put it back into the original packaging. I thought this was a national chain with a solid return policy. Turns out they are just another scam store. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Serta Mattress with position adjustment doesn't fail because it does, I'm in trouble. Take your business somewhere else and save yourself the grief!

Original review: April 5, 2018

I just want to say how disappointed I am with Rooms to Go, I ordered a queen size sleigh bed, dresser and mattress. Set scheduled to be delivered today, had to take the day off work to be here for the delivery, and the driver stops at my driveway for a second and then just keeps going, made a note on my account that I wouldn't answer the phone and he couldn't make it up my driveway, there is nothing wrong with my driveway and NO ONE has ever had a problem with it before, including the first delivery driver from Rooms to Go that delivered my daughter's bed back in October. When I called to find out what the problem was the customer care rep was less than considerate. I will never order from here again. I also am leaving the picture of my driveway that the driver said he couldn't come up with this review, the last driver from Rooms to Go had no problem delivering my last order.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Delivery people stole my wife's jewelry, called the corporate office and they told me they are not responsible. DO NOT order from Rooms to Go unless you want items stolen. Go somewhere else where your things will not be stolen!

Original review: March 27, 2018

After having a good experience with living room furniture from RTG, I went back to get a desk for my office. I was told it would be shipped directly from the manufacturer. The salesperson did not tell me I would have to assemble it myself. Nor did she tell me it would take 10 days to process the order and another 10 days for the shipment to arrive!

Original review: March 26, 2018

Rooms to Go took absolutely no responsibility for an item that was stolen from my home by their delivery service. They said it was my responsibility as a home owner. Basically, they will let anyone into your home - they could not answer any questions regarding background checks and would not even provide me information on the delivery company. DO NOT ALLOW THEM INTO YOUR HOUSE - WE WERE LUCKY, ONLY SOME PROPERTY STOLEN, COULD HAVE BEEN MUCH WORSE. I would never buy anything from this company - completely irresponsible. They told me to file my own police report, they want nothing to do with the situation.

Resolution response: April 18, 2018

Fourth set arrived as scheduled and were very nice, showroom condition. Thank you.

Original review: March 24, 2018

We waited a month for the furniture to be delivered. The queen bed, two nightstands, dresser, media chest and two chests all came off the truck in boxes. They brought in the boxes and unpacked all the pieces. They could not construct the bed due to missing hardware so they left saying that someone else would be sent to complete the bed and we could look the furniture over and report any defects to Customer Service when we talk to them about the bed. Both chests had damaged backs so we asked for the chests to be replaced. Rooms To Go agreed to replacing the damaged chests.

Three days later Rooms To Go mailed the four missing bolts to us and we let Customer Service know the parts had arrived and three days later a tech arrived to complete the bed installation. Eight days later the two new replacement chests arrived off the truck wrapped in blankets and clear wrap plastic. These two new chests were damaged worst than the first two. They obviously were not new. We let Customer Service know about the damaged chests and they have scheduled two new chests (third set) to be delivered next week.

I wish I had read all the similar dissatisfied reviews on this website before our purchase. A month of failing to deliver un-damaged new furniture and not coming forward with some compensation to make amends for such poor management is bad business. We did not finance so we are out our money and still no furniture or amends.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I bought a tv stand from Rooms to Go - I bought in January to be delivered in February to a new city I was moving to. I also ordered living room furniture at the same time. Of course, the salesperson did not tell me the tv stand would be sent separate, nor did he tell me I would have to put it together. Apparently the distributor sent the tv stand in January, and UPS said it was left at the door. (Vacant apt at that time) I live in an enclosed apartment where someone would have to sign for a 110 lb package! I have spoken to RTG many occasions. NOW, they claim it is up to me to fight it out with UPS. They are simply washing their hands of the whole situation. NEVER, EVER buy furniture here. I cannot believe they will not stand behind their delivery with a distributor. I'm out over $350 and they don't seem to care.

Original review: March 14, 2018

They should be forced to close the doors!!! The store manager at the Arlington TX. location should be fired with every other sorry sales/delivery rep. that passed the buck & never resolved any issues... I missed three days of work and spent more than 9 hours on hold and being bounced around to still never being helped. I'm actually on hold right now.

Rooms to Go Company Information