2. Homeowners

Rooms to Go

Rooms to Go
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

Rooms to Go Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms to Go?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms To Go?

Original review: March 5, 2021

I had called the North Charleston, SC store about a particular chair that they did not have in my nearest location. Matthew ** assisted me on the phone. I was advised that they have the chair in the showroom to view. It was an almost 2 hour drive to the store from where I live. I found Matthew when I arrived and was directed to the chair and saw it was exactly what I wanted. Matthew had a fantastic attitude, was extremely helpful and even gave us a discount on the order to take back to my store location. Thank you for your great service!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

After reading the other online reviews I was very afraid to purchase the furniture I fell in love with at Rooms to Go. Because of how much I liked it and the price point I decided to take a chance. My experience in the showroom was usually positive but from reading reviews I was very concerned with whether or not I would get what I expected. My furniture was delivered today and everything was exactly as expected. The delivery was on time and came in the timeframe I was originally promised unlike other furniture that I expected to get in December and I will possibly get in March.

The delivery people brought it in without damaging anything and put it inside respectfully and told me where I could find all of the pieces to assemble it. Assembly was easy even for a novice like me. I could see where someone very particular might think the furniture is imperfect in a few ways but I am very satisfied with the quality and appearance. I plan to write another review after I see how the furniture holds up over time but for now I am a very happy customer and would recommend rooms to go.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

We were shopping for a couch at the Rooms to GO Outlet. Everyone was great and friendly. They processed my credit fast also. We selected the couch, which is in good condition to resale, however I feel was close to retail price brand new. They have a 3rd party delivery service which was surprisingly fast. Offered same day delivery that actually was 2 hour delivery. The men were super careful and offered to set it up. The reason I rate them a 4 is because the 3rd party in store credit card had a huge interest rate which doubled in price for the used furniture that was overpriced. We made this purchase as a last minute decision. I feel we would of waited, we could of got new furniture for the same price.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Rooms To Go should of been my first pick to buy furniture from the start. Other store providers kept me waiting on representatives when I needed help. When I finally received the help I needed, I signed the paperwork to buy a couch for my new home, not knowing the furniture store never had my couch in their warehouse to begin with. Basically put a deposit down and wasted my time for nothing. Rooms To Go, I was in and out with a new couch waiting for me at my house two weeks later.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Just wanted to recognize your salesperson named Araceli **. From the moment I entered the store and was greeted by her, she continuously exhibited a high degree of professionalism. She was able To direct me to the merchandise I was seeking, explained all options available and proceeded to write up my order with amazing efficiency. I will certainly recommend her and Rooms to Go to others I know.

Original review: April 26, 2021

We purchased the Oakhurst Queen Sleeper Denim couch. We had to wait for 2 months for it to be delivered and when it finally came it was damaged. We saw the delivery guy drop it on the street. The couch had a piece missing in the back and the throw pillows had stuffing coming out of it. The delivery guys came and went extremely fast and never talked to us. We called to fix it and even went to the store to see what options we have. We agreed on another couch but were told it would be another 2 weeks before delivery even though it is in stock. The manager made it clear she didn't want to talk to us. We are first time customers and got treated horrible.

Original review: April 22, 2021

Tragically, my Rooms To Go chair collapsed under my son during dinner Sunday. I brought it to the store hoping they would replace the obviously defective chair that makes up the 4th of a set. Unfortunately they a) can’t b) wouldn’t make it right c) don’t make that chair anymore. So I’m now paying over $100 for a chair to only sort of match the set. Color me disappointed.

Original review: April 19, 2021

Bought a bed for my daughter that has book cases that do not even attach to the bed at all. I have tile floors. When the bed moves the book cases fall. They are uneven and when I called the store they said there is nothing they can do so I guess I have to drill the book cases into the wall just to keep them level and from falling. Will never buy children’s furniture again from them.

Original review: April 19, 2021

We purchased furniture, order # *******, on January 1, 2021. This was the ONLY time anyone in your company acted like they cared about our rights as customers at all. Order was to be delivered on 2/16/2021. We had an ice storm that week and even though we poured hot water onto the steps to remove the ice, they claimed it was "too icy" to deliver. Please note my ENTIRE order was to be delivered that day. Couch, chair, two end tables, a coffee table and two lamps.

Trying to get the furniture rescheduled is where this nightmare really started rolling. We tried and tried to get through on the customer service line but wasn't able to talk to a human, ever, so we called the local store and spoke with "Lee" (Leigh?). Lee informed us that she would call us and reschedule as soon as the furniture was "checked back in at the factory". We're still waiting on that phone call. In the interim, we called the customer service line and requested the call back service. We are still waiting on those call backs. This was in FEBRUARY. I made my FIRST BBB complaint at this time (I've now made five).

Brad was still telecommuting at this point and was able to get on the phone and wait the required TWO HOURS to speak to someone at your customer service (hahahahahaha) office. They stated they could deliver the couch/chair/lamps at the end of February but we'd have to wait on the tables. Uh, why? Why were they separated to start with? Why was my order compromised? Why am I getting two deliveries now? I made my second BBB complaint then - please note that I've never been able to talk to a human being, even after multiple BBB complaints. The only way "Lourdes" will answer is via the BBB. Won't call or send an email at all. Doesn't do what she says she'll do regardless. As I've stated, FINE customer service. My email lie on this particular complaint was "we will refund your delivery fee" (see attached). Obviously hasn't been done.

Furniture is FINALLY ALL DELIVERED. Mid March. Still no answer as to why my order was separated to start with. I'm vacuuming my living room one afternoon and I step on something hard, that crumbled to pieces as soon as I stepped on it. Lo and behold, it's a piece of my coffee table. The entire end/corner has fallen off. A day or so later, I was wiping down the couch and some of the fabric (velvet-like) came off on the rag I was using to wipe it down. BBB complaint #3. Brad had also sat on the phone for the requisite TWO HOURS and gotten a service appointment for around the first of April (don't remember the exact date). "Great, furniture will finally be fixed" was my initial thought but I should have known better.

Took the day off work to be stood up. Tech claims he called both numbers (lie, my phone was right beside me all day, with all calls being accepted. Brad was in a meeting at work and made sure when he called in to request service that my phone number was on the call as well), claimed he knocked on my door (lie, I was at home the entire day and my dog would have gone NUTS when someone knocked, as he always does), claimed he saw shoes on my porch (lie, my 2nd floor porch is behind locked door. It is my actual "front door", can't see through the door to my patio and my apartment door). He left a message on Brad's phone only. We both returned the call. No call back. LITERALLY NO ONE HAS EVER CALLED BACK FROM THIS COMPANY.

4th BBB Complaint for being stood up with no call. I took a day off work for this!! I used a personal vacation day!! I stated in this complaint that I was done with this horrible company and wanted the furniture picked up. Lourdes' lie to that was either 1) replacement of couch/coffee table (see attached) or 2) a new set of equal value. Now I ask, you, why would I want MORE of your product? I don't ever want to deal with this horrible company again!! Guess it doesn't matter because you don't intend to keep your promises.

FINALLY Eric the tech arrived. Brad took a vacation day for this visit, which remarkably actually happened. He saw the coffee table before he was even in the door and agreed that both the coffee table and the couch needed to be replaced (couch was structurally unsound, what a surprise). He called into dispatch to let them know this and was told that a replacement had been order the week before and then CANCELED. No explanation in the system, just order canceled. He stated that we'd hear something by Friday regarding the time for pick up and replacement. I won a very nice Italian dinner Friday night when I bet Brad that we wouldn't be hearing from them.

It's Monday morning. Not only has no one bothered to call us with a date, now your customer service line is COMPLETELY down. Probably on purpose. So I made my FIFTH BBB complaint this morning and started my social media campaign. I requested mediation on this BBB complaint and I expect RTG to pay for my plane ticket because it's their fault. Josh replied to both my Facebook and Twitter posts with this email address. I've also put this information on Yelp and Google and will be posting it wherever else I can. I will go stop people in the parking lot at the Baton Rouge store if I have to. I'll make copies of this email and put them on every car window there.

We paid over $2500 for this furniture and have nothing but misery since way before it was delivered. I want someone from Rooms to Go to contact myself or Brad. I want my furniture replaced NOW. I want my delivery fee returned NOW. My phone number is *******. Brad's is ******. We both have voice mail. We both accept text. My email address is here. There is NO reason why I have to beg to be a customer. I really wish I'd never set foot in that place.

Original review: April 19, 2021

The quality of the furniture is really poor. I purchased a bunk bed and of course it's made in China. The main components bent making the bed useless. I called, emailed and texted the service department to not avail. Now the $1400 bunk bed is going out to the curb for trash. I have purchased several things from them over the years it's always the same thing. It looks great and the price seems ok but shortly afterwards the quality is so poor that it ruins your experience and leaves you feeling like you got ripped off. Buyer beware, and don't expect any help from the service/parts department. Just a weak company full of fluff and no substance. I guess it's on me for falling for it, but you don't have to make the same mistake I made.

Rooms to Go Company Information