Rooms to Go

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was worried after reading all the horror stories on here and wished that I had done more research prior to purchase but so far my experience has been good. I felt some pressure in the store to add the fabric protection that I felt was unnecessary. The delivery went smoothly. I was given a 12-4 window and called at 3:30. The clerk that assisted me was friendly and, at my insistence, contacted the delivery driver. I was informed that I was next and, indeed, a moment after I hung up the driver called telling me they would arrive in 30 minutes. They were only 10 minutes after 4 in arriving. They were not particularly friendly until I engaged them in conversation about the ongoing SEC football game. They unwrapped and placed my two new loveseats and recliner without incident. I will attempt to update this review after I have used the furniture for several months.

The entire process was absolutely terrible! We bought a 7 piece bedroom set and paid for the expedited shipping. When the delivery guys showed up, they literally were tossing all the boxes out of the truck and on to the driveway. When carrying the furniture upstairs, they scratched the walls severely. After setting up the furniture I noticed the dresser was broken. I asked the delivery guy how to get it replaced and he stated "call the 800 number, not my problem." So now I have a broken dresser currently sitting in my bedroom until a new one can be delivered. After being put on hold for approx 30 min. I finally talked to someone who said they could deliver a new one in a week. Well, the week came and went without hearing from anyone from Rooms to Go. My wife and I both called on several different occasions to get this matter resolved. Each time we do talk to someone they say the item can't be shipped for another week..

Needless to say, Rooms to Go is a disaster! We requested on several occasions to speak with a manager and each time they say "we don't have a manager here at this time." If that's the case, then who is "managing" this awful company? It's no wonder why they have a 1 star review. I just wish I would have done some research before even stepping foot into a Rooms to Go. So here we are with a severely broken dresser still sitting in our bedroom and no replacement delivered yet. After reading all these reviews, I can't figure out why Rooms to Go is still in business.. I will NEVER step foot into another Rooms to Go again. We have every intention on seeking legal counsel as well as filing a claim for the damage to the walls.

I wish I could leave a zero star for this poorly made furniture company. Paid CASH for a couch and love seat only to have the love seat literally break apart. Called company to have someone come and look at the broken love seat and all he said was that "It may be fixable." I was never given any more information until two delivery guys showed up at my house approximately ONE MONTH LATER. I asked about a replacement and was told that their invoice only stated, "PICK UP!"

Called Customer Service and spoke with someone who told me that I would be receiving a replacement on December 16th. Now keep in mind that today is December 2!!! Therefore, am I suppose to seat my family and guests on the floor? I called the store where I purchased this DEFECTIVE piece of junk and spoke to an absolutely the most rude customer service representative. When I asked if I could have an earlier delivery date or anything to seat my family and guests, she suddenly got very angry and acted like she couldn't "understand" me. This is unacceptable representation for this company. This very hostile woman works in the North Charleston, SC office. She refused to transfer me to a manager who was not so hostile yet she acted like she couldn't understand me. Did she suddenly forget the English language? Anyway, at all costs, avoid this company like the plaque. Like I said my love seat literally fell apart at the seams!!

I wish I could give zero star... I have purchased a bedroom set a few months ago. They were supposed to deliver my furniture between 8 am-2 pm. 5 minutes before 2, I called to see where my delivery is, and they just told me, they are running late and the new delivery schedule would be 2-5. I was pissed as hell, those freaking people couldn't call to let me know. 6 months later the same thing happened, the scheduled delivery is 1-5. Of course, no one showed up before 5, so I had to call again. They told me, the driver is running late and they will deliver my furniture between 5-7. I will never buy anything from RTG. I never had this bad experience with City Furniture... I would not recommend RTG for anyone.

Friday 11/18/16 Along with placing my order online, I also applied for a credit card with rooms to go. My order was supposed to be shipped to the address provided online, however I had gotten a voicemail from the corporate office stating that it was postponed due to a verification process. Okay no worries. I called the customer service line to see if there was any way to resolve the issue through them. The first time I had called, I got a very rude sales rep, but she did state that my order would be delivered by Monday. I wasn't sure if she had done this because the phone call was so brief and rude. I called back again to get another representative. Once again this rep assured me that my furniture would be at the address listed on my account on monday. So I travel 2/3 hours away to go to the address to retrieve my furniture.

When 8pm came around, I decided to call, knowing that Rooms To Go stated that their delivery truck had until 10pm the day of delivery to deliver. I made a call around 8pm asking if the order had been close, as I have to drive back to my new address for work. To my surprise the rep stated that it had been cancelled!!! I asked her why and she stated that I had to verify who I was, which was why it was cancelled. I explained to her that I had done that the day before and was told that my item would be delivered on Mon. She then assured me that she would forward the message so that someone would reach out to me the following day.

On Tues 11/22/16 as soon as I was on my way to work, I didn't want to waste another moment just in case there was a chance of me getting my furniture soon, so I called. Still no verification and I kept getting transferred to different people. It was told to me that my furniture wouldn't be delivered. I am beyond pissed at the moment because I have family coming over for Thanksgiving and I have no place for them to sit.

My uncle is coming and he just had heart surgery!!! I am literally crying right now because hadn't seen him in a long time. I have no place for him to sit. Sitting on the floor is too much of a strain and for someone to basically inform me that its my fault because your rooms to go replied to me isn't fair to me! In any other scenario, I would be fine, but what the heck am I supposed to do. My funds are tied up so I can't even try and to make an attempt to purchase furniture from somewhere else. It may not be that much money to you, but I opened up a line of credit with your company. How could you take money out of my account, send the credit card in the mail and not deliver the furniture. I must have some type of trust in your company because I opened up a line of credit with you guys. I honestly, like your furniture.

My next question is what are you going to do about this because this is an inconvenience for me??? This was very unprofessional. The rep I spoke to the first and the second time should've just told me that I would have to speak to the verification department before assuring me that I would get my order. What am I supposed to do with my family??? I don't know if I will ever do business with this company again. The last rep stated that there was nothing that she could do because the date has already been gone!!! What kind of person says that to a customer that has been mislead?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms To Go?

I can't tell you how many times I was told they had something in stock, and didn't, that my rug would be delivered, and wasn't, that it would be delivered on a certain date, and wasn't, and once delivered, was damaged, and nothing done about it. NEVER EVER buy ANYTHING from them. You will regret it for the rest of your life!!! There is NO follow up, NO follow through. No one there cares. Told I would get phone calls back, never did. Told MANY different stories every single day. Couldn't get a straight answer. CRAZY!!! Don't use them unless you want a big headache!!!

My experience with RTG has been horrible. Every piece of furniture purchased had been defective and trying to get a replacement a nightmare. Also purchased a mattress which has been replaced 4 times and every time if I upgrade because they recommend a better mattress they charge me $89.00. The advice I can give future RTG furniture is DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM RTG. Unless we hit them where it hurts (in the pocket) they will not change.

Where do I begin. We order for furniture a child's bedroom suite from the Richmond va store. This was fine but when it came time for the delivery which could only be in a Friday for our area, this is when they screw up everything. They got there in the morning like they said they would. My husband was there to meet the delivery guy and what would you know they did not have the whole bed in the truck, so the bed could not be put together. Both dressers had nicks in them so they needed to be returned. So we called customer service, which was horrible. They just kept saying what they would say out of a script. I asked them to have someone come in Saturday, which the first representative I spoke to acted like they could do this. Well when I actually spoke to a supervisor they could not. It had to be another Friday. I tried my best to get someone there in Saturday.

I think if a company screws up they should try to help the customer out and accommodate them, except they think we should accommodate them. So after several calls and rude absolutely no help from the representatives we had to wait until the following Friday to have another delivery. Keep in mind my daughter could not sleep in her bed because it could not be put together. My husband had to take off another Friday from work to get the rest of the bed and one of the dressers because the Chester drawer was in back order. So they made another delivery and we asked to be first to deliver to so he could go back to work. They were gone by 10 which was great and we got the bed together and the one dresser. Because the Chester drawer was in back order we had to take yet another day off work to accommodate them, not the other way around.

So here we are the 3rd day off work to get the last piece of furniture. I told them I would need to be delivered to first, which I thought they noted the file but I guess not. They were suppose to come between 9-1. Well at 10 am I knew they did not have me first because all the other times they had come and gone by that time. So I called and sure enough they had two stops before me. I wasn't happy. I had a dry spot later that afternoon and we all know if they say by 1 it is never by that time. I called at 12 and the representative tried to tell me that I had two stops in front of me and this was what they told me at 10. So 1 comes around and not there. I luckily was able to get my father-in-law to check me to the house and sit and wait because I had to leave.

Well it is 2 pm now and still nobody. This company had the most horrible customer service and they say they do business. This account is under my father-in-law's name because they wanted to buy their granddaughter a bedroom suite. They have had 30 purchases prior to this and each delivery was either something missing or broken, same as mine. This is not acceptable to have it done every time they come and they expect us to accommodate them. Again horrible customer service. Excuse typo. Typing from a phone.

I purchased some (what I thought were leather) bar stools from Rooms-To-Go over a year ago. I noticed that the one that I occasionally use is peeling. When I called to see what could be done about this I was told by Rosie at corporate headquarters that I should look in the yellow pages or google a furniture repair business to come out and repair my chair at my cost. Not only did I get no empathy from the associates on the phone but Rosie laughed and told me that if I was purchasing leather bar stools I would have paid $5000.00 apiece for them. I was told that what I purchased was polyester bar stools with a leather look. I would have never paid $199.00 apiece for these bar stools.

I want everyone to know that the level of customer services you receive from them is much different after your warranty is up. I'm not blaming them for my mistake of not doing my due diligence of making sure it was leather. WHAT I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT IS THE LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. I have never written a review before but I am so shocked at the lack of customer service that I experienced.

May of 2015 I buy my bedroom set. The quality is really poor. It's so sad because you believe in a name and know my mattress is in the floor. The lady in customer service knew exactly what I was taking about so it means is not the first time she received a call on this set of bed. But there nothing she could do because of the guarantee. It funny you know the quality is not good but you prefer to lose client instead of apologizing and fix the frame... my feedback to this it would be negative and if I am has I would tell my disappointment regard this quality of furniture.

I wish I had read more reviews before purchasing anything from Rooms To Go. In April of last year, I purchased the Crosby Street White Sectional and paid over $2000 for just 3 pieces. Once it was delivered, it started shedding feathers. Lots and lots of feathers. I called and complained and was told that they'd had that issue with that particular set since they got them in; this would have been nice to know while I was spending $2500 in your store, but the salesperson said nothing. I was told by customer service that I could come in and choose a different set and they would issue a store credit for me in the amount that I had already spent. They were also going to take away the furniture I had and replace it with what I ordered.

I went into the store and couldn't really find anything equivalent to what I had purchased initially, so I opted to go with the Bonita Springs couch and loveseat in beige, and the ottoman from the Provincetown collection. That cost me $450 for the couch, $430 for the loveseat, and $350 for the ottoman. Because I still had credit because my initial couch was over $2k, I was basically forced to purchase more furniture. I ended up purchasing a dining room table and 4 chairs with 2 bar stools as additional seating, even though I really didn't need it. Then I was charged an ADDITIONAL delivery fee because you are charged a delivery fee for each "room" that you have furniture delivered for. Dining room table, different room. So I ended up paying an additional $125-$150 over my initial $2500 for the second delivery charge.

The delivery was fine, I had no issues. But here we get to my problem; I have had this couch a little over a year and the cushions have lost their shape and the frame of both the couch and loveseat are falling apart! Pieces of the frame have started falling off. We flipped the couch and tried to brace the frame a little better, but it really hasn't helped much. When we opened the bottom the first time, a huge bolt fell out of it and we can't figure out where it should go. Also, when inspecting the inside of the couch, I saw that the arms of the couch were nothing more than corrugated cardboard! I'm sorry, but for a couch that cost me almost $500 and a loveseat that was almost as much, the frame should not be falling apart just a year after purchasing it.

I will now have to purchase new furniture again this year. My last furniture lasted almost 10 years, by the way, so it's obvious that the furniture at Rooms To Go was poorly made. I will never again purchase a piece of furniture from Rooms To Go. Their poorly made, way overpriced, not at all comfortable furniture and horrible customer service just isn't worth it.

So I took off from work one day and they never showed up. The next time they came to put this bed together that cost about $1,600. They were missing a piece. So then they tell me that I have to take off work another day for them to come and put the bed together because they don't come into my area on the weekend. So I called the Corporate office and they tell me there's nothing they can do. So I told them to come and get the bed. They transfer me to the store. The manager says I can't return the item. I can only exchange it. The service is TERRIBLE! I will never order from them again.

I purchased and picked up a cocktail/coffee table from Rooms To Go. I'm a pretty handy guy. That being said...assembling the table was a nightmare! All I had to do was attach the 4 legs and walla...I'm done!! Simple right? Well 2 legs had no holes drilled for the screws. I had to drill the holes. The legs are attached with screws requiring an Allen key. Guess what...no Allen key! A piece of wood...kind of like a I-beam in a home...was not completely attached. No screw was available to attach the I-beam correctly. I left that part unattached because I didn't have the proper screw and was concerned about drilling a hole. I called Rooms to Go customer service!! All they did was take my complaint and then said "thank you for purchasing our product!! And we hope to see you soon!" I was about to purchase a bedroom set from them. Needless to say, I didn't and will NEVER shop at Rooms to Go again!

I purchased a sofa and loveseat! Couple of months that I had them the cushions started to sink in. I called them to report and after I made a report weeks later they just came to leave me new cushions. I called again before I paid them off to come check because I believe that the frame is broken. Someone came out to check on it, took pics. Never did they call me on it so today I called. They said it was a home damage. I told her "you mean to tell me my 4 yr old broke it because he's the only one in the house!" They can't do nothing about it. I don't recommend anyone to buy from Rooms to Go. They suck! So since I paid them off already my warranty just went to **.

I left Ashley's furniture because of bad customer service and bad warranty that they sell you and when it comes to do a claim it's not covered. Now I go to Rooms to Go to give my business and they are the same bad business. Do not recommend them as well. The furniture is cheap and customer service is no help as well!!! I had my furniture a week now and this is the second delivery that came destroyed!!! Bad business!!!

Do not purchase Cindy Crawford furniture from Rooms to Go. They sell it as 100% leather but they are not. They should say 100% pleather (plastic plus leather) because that is the truth. The cushions on the sofa where it is not leather have started to peel like paper. You call customer service and they will tell you that this furniture has been having this issue. They offer you a prorated rate for your furniture which is about one-tenth of what you spent. Then they tell you you have 30 days or it goes down. They also expect you to give them the entire set that you purchased or no deal.

We purchased the sofa, love seat and chair with ottoman. In order to receive any compensation, we would have to turn in our entire set back over to them, repurchase new furniture, spend more money because what they offered won't be enough to even buy the chair alone, and repay for delivery. When you ask them to just repair what is going wrong, they say they won't do that. I will never recommend nor buy another item from Rooms to Go.

I paid 500 dollars for a good quality mattress and they sent me another one. I called customer service telling them what happened. They said "no, it's because the mattress new you getting these low back pains. Wait till you adapt to it!" Here I am one month later waking up daily with low back pains!!!! Save your money and go somewhere else.

We ordered furniture for three rooms in our home from Rooms to Go. The price range was in the thousands. They explain what items would be on back order and we all agreed. When the furniture was delivered to the home, we noticed the headboard was cracked, the dresser was not the one we selected and all the knobs on the dresser were facing backwards, the mirror was placed the closet because it did not go with what they delivered and the cushion that goes under the rug ordered was too long.

We called customer service to explain. Well, the next delivery we notice the headboard was cracked again on a different bed. There were several things that went WRONG with this delivery. We had to cancel half of the order... Rooms to Go lost thousands of dollars due to this situation. We are currently waiting on a table to go with the four dining room chairs that was delivered early... we will not get the dining room table Dec 2, due to back order which was told to us one day before delivery of the chairs. This is "POOR" customer service.

We bought our sectional sofa on 12/31/2012. We loved the comfort and style. The RAF incliner chaise did not work with our sunken den as it would not recline with the railing around the den. Rooms to Go did offer a replacement standard electric recliner to replace the chaise if we paid shipping. We were pleased to say the least and it functioned perfectly. Then about 6 months ago we noticed some cracks on the replacement chaise. The leather covering began peeling off in numerous places. It has not occurred on the rest of the couch. We called the store and were told that it is not in warranty and the couch or the replacement RAF Power Recliner is no longer available.

This piece was not abused. It was cared for with the spray as recommended. As this problem never has occurred on the rest of the sofa, I believe there is some type of defect with that piece. I could not recommend anyone else purchase anything from your store. If I had known that you did not stand behind your products with obvious defects, I would never have purchased from your store again when we had purchased a King set of Tempur-pedic mattresses with adjustable frame. We sent pictures to your Customer Service department to no avail. This was not our first purchase, but it will be the last.

I picked out and special ordered a queen sized sofa bed, a chair bed and matching ottoman. Delivery was set up for Tuesday between 10 am and 2 pm. I informed the call center that the driver must knock on my front window so I can hear him--that I am home but I cannot answer the phone today. Instead the

dispatcher called my number twice and then they left. When I tried to reschedule the delivery or go pick up my furniture, I was told it was on backorder. I did not understand how that could be when they attempted delivery the day before.

What happens is the furniture goes back to the warehouse and the next person on the list who ordered the same furniture gets it--not me. I have to wait another two weeks. Is there a refund--80% because "I am canceling my order" NOT that Rooms to Go made a mistake in delivery instructions. I am really upset about their customer service and I would never purchase anything from them ever again. I just hope everyone reads this and takes it into consideration. You have to cancel your order within 48 hours of purchase to get a full refund, notwithstanding you haven't even seen the stuff you purchased, except the floor model. Very bad business.

One thing that people may not know is that Rooms to Go does not employ a single delivery driver. All drivers are sub contractors employed by various shady groups who will do anything to stretch the money given to them by Rooms to Go. Sure supposedly they are legal and have background checks but that's basically the subcontractors word that they are doing that. And you can tell. I didn't mean to buy a whole living room suit but I did. Found something I really liked and got a couch, entertainment center, rug, end table, coffee table, and lamps. Was scheduled for delivery the following Saturday.

When the drivers got there they started unloading. One spoke decent English, the other not a word. They came in and started dropping stuff. I asked them to put the couch in one place and they said ok. I have a dog and these numb skulls started piling pillows on top of the kennel. Everything was going ok until they slammed the couch into the door frame, cracking the molding. I was ok with this. Stuff happens. They continued to bring stuff in. Put the rug in and I realized it was the wrong one. Way the wrong one. Sent it back. They kept trying to bring it back in.

Started checking out the furniture and realized one of the legs was bent badly. Asked him to flip it over. He grumbled but did. Turns out the leg was badly bent and these guys didn't even screw the other legs all the way in. I said I couldn't take broken furniture back. They told me NO!!! That I could call customer service and they would sort it out. At this point I was getting steamed. I do some woodworking as a hobby and let me tell you once you flipped this furniture over it was super cheap. Like American Signature Furniture cheap. And it wasn't a cheap couch. Sectional for 2200 dollars.

They started to pack up and go and I asked about the coffee tables. They didn't have them and had no idea about them. At this point I just wanted them to leave. Go out the the porch and saw all the trash, wrap and foam they left in my grass. Asked them to clean it up. This is when they started to complain about me in Spanish, not knowing I spoke Spanish. When I turned around I noticed they had put the furniture through my screen door. When I asked them wth, they tried to say it was like that. I put my dog out there everyday. Pretty sure he would have run away. I tried again to get them to take the furniture back, they refused. I told them to leave. They started giving me a sob story about how Rooms to Go overcharges them for any damage to a property and they had kids to feed.

Really high pressure. They wanted to go to Home Depot and get the stuff to fix the door. I said ok to get them to leave and they promptly remove the door supports, cracking it and tore the screen off. Soon as they were gone I called customer service and told them what happened. They were apologetic and said they would get in touch with the driver and tell them not to come back. Imagine my surprise when they came back. Turns out Rooms to Go has no idea how to get in touch with their drivers. They call dispatch (sub contractor). Told the guys to leave again. They sat blocking driveway in the street for 20 minutes. Finally left.

Be nice if it ended here. Called customer service to get the furniture picked up. They scheduled for following Friday because they had no SAT/SUN for like three weeks. So I took a day off from work. Were supposed to call and give me a window. They didn't do that for the delivery and guess what? I had to call them again only to find out that since it was an "add-on" whatever that means they could not give me a window at all. Fine. I took the whole day off. So here I am sitting at 5:30 pm writing this review. Finally got in touch with them and they have one more house to do then they would be here. Hopefully they don't break anything on the way out. Don't buy Rooms to Go. Whatever you do!

Purchased a King size mattress in 2015. Within three months it had very deep indentations in it that made it very uncomfortable to sleep on. (FYI - My wife and I both weigh under 200 lbs so it's not like it should have been severely stressed). We called about the warranty and they sent out a rep, who measured and said that only one side had an indentation deep enough to return, however the other did not. So basically - the product was only half failing? Regardless he would not tell us yes or no but we waited a few weeks and finally we called to ask what the status was and only then did they say we could not return the product.

Another year goes by and we went into store to evaluate another piece of furniture. Speaking with the associate Doris, who was wonderful and the only ray of light in this experience, we conveyed our reservations about shopping there due to our experience with the mattress and the way it was handled. She encouraged us to try with the warranty again saying it should be good for 10 years. We called and set up an appointment which was going to take 2 weeks. They could not give us a time right away. The day before they gave us a 4 hour window of 10-2 and I asked for an hour call ahead. The rep called at 8 and said he was close and would be visiting in about an hour. My wife stayed behind making her late to work only to find out that actually he was coming at 10. According to him, he can come within any time period that was given as, and I quote "The four hour window is for [his] convenience, not [mine]."

When I complained to customer service they said they would move it later in the day, but the rep refused stating that customer service does not control his schedule. To add insult to injury, after I had already stated we couldn't be there at the time specified since he called again to say he was going to my house. Then when I told him we could not be there at that time he said the appointment was cancelled and could not return at a later time. Then he complained that was the problem with customers, they always wanted a call ahead and to know an exact time. - IMHO - if a customer is already dealing with a product failure then yes, shouldn't the company be willing to go a little extra above and beyond to at least make it appear like it matters to them and those they employ to address it?

We called to schedule another appointment only to find out, it will be another 2 weeks before they can come out again. When my wife spoke to customer service they said the return would be difficult anyways and that we should have tried to "push it through" the year we bought it. I'm pretty sure that's what we tried to do the first time we called literally 3 months after we bought the mattress.

I honestly have no contention with the show-rooms themselves, however this experience has basically taught me that they must have so many failures to have such a long wait time between service visits. Secondly, the warranty is worthless as they can basically decline to honor it, even when literally half of that product is admittedly defective. I am opting not to continue with my warranty claim, as they will just be sending the same obnoxious representative who will very likely have the same conclusion - it's only half broken. However neither I nor any of my family will be shopping at a RTG again.

I bought a nice bed for my 9 years old son in June. In September I found out that the headboard has 3 cracks on it. Though it is not acceptable for such an expensive piece of furniture, I realize that this may happen. I chatted with one of Rooms to Go CS reps. He definitely was not the most polite gentleman. It definitely felt like it was a bother for him to deal with me. He asked me to describe the cracks. I offered to e-mail the pictures instead (as you know, a picture is worth a 1000 words!). He said that he needed a verbal description from me, not just the pictures. After going back and forth, he scheduled a service appointment for Saturday 10/15 (4 weeks from my chat). I was advised that I would receive a phone call on Friday with a 4 hour window. I never got that call.

So, Saturday 10/15 comes, and I am calling CS myself to get that window. I have 2 kids and a very busy schedule (like all of us), so I can't just spend an entire Saturday waiting for the service person tho come. Upon my call I find out that the appointment was never set up. Lisa, the CS rep I spoke with said they could squeeze me in, but without a "time frame" since it's "the same day appointment" I feel that it's a "4 weeks appointment" rather than a "same day". Anyway. What can we do? We are just customers.

The service person came. He looked at the cracks and said "Yeah, the delivery crew mentioned that they had some difficulties installing this." This comment made me mad. So, they KNEW that something wasn't right, yet they didn't say anything and left??? For me to find the cracks 3 months later? Not 3 years, 3 months!!! The service guy took pictures and left, saying RTG would contact me. Here, please help me understand: 4 weeks prior to that I offered pictures, but was rudely told that nobody needed them. And the appointment consisted of taking pictures and lasted less than 10 minutes. Why did I have to wait for 4 weeks again???

3 days later I am being contacted by RTG only to be told that it's not a manufacturer's defect, and I would have to pay for replacement. To say I am mad is to say nothing. The bed was over $1000, was 3 months old and had cracks from a 9 year old boy sleeping on it. You are telling me to pay for a replacement??? Even after your service guy surely accidentally confirmed that the delivery and installation didn't go as smooth as expected?

I expressed my dissatisfaction, and was told that they would cover the cost as a one time courtesy. It sounded like it's still your fault, but ok. I felt spoken down to and definitely non-appreciated as a customer. I no longer wish to deal with RTG. For 10 years I was loyal, but this is my time to go. There are too many companies on the market that I am sure will value me as a customer more. After I have my bed replaced (which hopefully will happen soon) I am looking for another partner for my furniture needs.

I've been a customer of Rooms To Go for 10 years, buying several pieces and sets from them. I bought a living room set from them and was we bought the fabric protection because of the color of the set. We were told by the sales representative, if we spilled a glass of red wine, we tried to clean it and it doesn't come out, Rooms to Go would come out try to clean it and if they cannot, they would replace the set. Well, a glass of juice spilled on it, we followed the procedure and we're told by customer service that we had to pay a professional service and then maybe they would replace it. NOT WHAT WAS SOLD BY THE SALES REPRESENTATIVE. When I pointed this out I was told to read the fine print, which by the way is given after the purchase. After attempting to resolve this nicely, I'm done. Please be careful when buying from Rooms to Go at the Florida Mall. We will take our business elsewhere.

I came to Rooms to Go to purchase 2 end tables and a coffee table. After shopping around the store, my wife and I decided to purchase a sofa table and power recliner as well. Our sales rep was Serg I believe. Everything was fine and it was a pleasant experience. I ask about delivery and explained to Serg that I want everything delivered because I hated carrying stuff up the steps of our home and putting it together. He assured me that it would all be taken care of. We received our order and everything was set up and we were happy. One item was missing (sofa table) and we were told that it was on backorder and that it would be delivered to us as soon as it came in. We were fine with that.

The item came in and we scheduled the second delivery for Wednesday October 19th from 9am - 11am. Still everything ok. I receive a phone call at 6:58 am on the 19th. Yes that is correct 6:58 am with the delivery driver stating that he had numerous cancellations and he was at our front door. I told him that we were still in bed but we would get dressed and be right down. My wife went to the door and he gave her a large box. The table was not put together! I called the driver and he told me that it wasn't his job to put it together. I explained to him that my sales associate told me that it would, he said they'll tell you anything to get their commission. In his defense, he did offer to stop by later and put it together for me. I told him that it would not be necessary, but I was upset about him calling at 6:58 am. He said that it was company policy to call the next customer in line. I said, "I understand but you called me from my front door."

I called the store to let them know about the situation, the lady I spoke to made it seem like it was no big deal. I hung up and called customer support for Rooms to Go the lady on the phone, after I explained everything to her she said that they couldn't do anything for me. I told her that I wasn't looking for anything and that I would think that a company would like to know about such things in order to improve. She said that she would note it. Not once during the entire process did anyone apologize.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Very few companies respond to reviews; however, RTG did so in a very timely manner. This denotes a company that cares! I will patronize RTG as my destination for further purchases. Thank you!

PAUL of Columbia, SC on

Original Review

Needing a new bed for one of my children, I visited the Rooms-To-Go on Harbison Blvd. in Columbia SC. A salesman greeted me in the bedding section. He was trying to sell me a canopy bed, which I did not want. And, he tried to sell me two mattress protectors. Upon asking why two, he said I would need two so the bed could be protected while I washed the other one. Huh?

I must say I am very unsatisfied with the service I have been provided from Rooms to Go. From the initial purchase to the delivery, it has been a headache. I would first like to start off by saying your policy on delivery is a huge disappointment. I did not want to purchase an entire bedroom set from you guys, rather a few pieces from the same room and the delivery dates were scattered. My bed, two end tables, and lamps were delivered in September, but my tv stand could not be delivered until November. However, if I purchased the tv stand in the packaged deal then it could all be delivered in September. This is not a good business practice and will not assure returning customers.

Although I was greeted by many employees, it took over two hours for my order to be completed. No one could find the original gentleman who was helping me. Once he was found, he told me to wait for another 5 minutes as he had to deal with another customer; let it be known I did not wait 5 minutes, I waited 35. Once I finally got my order in, I reviewed my receipt, and what did I find, the gentleman had forgotten one of the end tables on my order. He was not technically inclined on how to use the system so he had to ask for help from someone else. The delivery man sounded like he was on narcotics, and was not even sure what furniture I had ordered. He wanted my brother to sign for furniture before all the furniture was taken out of the truck.

Lastly, my box spring was damaged. Your customer service representative was nice enough to send another one out for replacement and was very courteous over the phone. However, with the 2nd delivery, my expected time frame went 2 hours past the time frame that was given to me. I only gave this a 1 star because the is the required minimum. I will not be shopping here again. With furniture costing over $3,000, I expected better service.

I bought 2 lamps off the floor. When I put a light bulb in them (both) one time it worked another it didn't. I called the store they said talk to customer service. Customer service said, "We can't do anything. Talk to store." This happened 4 times. Then everyone says they can't do anything about them. Bad customer service. Will not be shopping there anymore. Too many other furniture stores!!!

I will NEVER purchase anything else from Rooms to Go! Very unprofessional staff. I purchased a dining room table and chairs online and 2 days prior to delivery (after waiting 2 weeks), I received a text stating my 4 hr delivery window time. I contacted customer service to request a call from the driver prior to delivering to ensure that someone would be in the home to receive the furniture. After being transferred to 2 separate departments and speaking to 3 different reps, I was informed that they could change the delivery date, which would be 2 more weeks from today otherwise, "we can't guarantee a call. If no one is at the residence at the time of delivery, the driver will be instructed to wait 15 mins and after that he will leave".

WHAT'S SO DIFFICULT ABOUT A PHONE CALL! Is this an absurd request?? I can assure Rooms to Go that this is the very last time I will be subjected to such unprofessional behavior as I will not be ordering anything else again!

In the last week, Spent over ten thousand dollars, bed frame missing brackets, they sent me the wrong hardware twice... my console is cracked, a dresser that is chipped to the wood, my split adjustable base was never even delivered. A week later that my bed base is delivered they can't sync it and tell me he will not get home in time if he stays any longer and tells me to contact the manufacturer to figure out how to sync it. I paid for delivery and set up!!!

The third time two weeks later they come out to exchange the damaged furniture the replacements... two separate pieces of furniture are both damaged worse than the ones I have and the delivery driver refused to put my daughters bed together!! Are you kidding me!! I waited weeks for this to be corrected!! My daughters on the floor!! They tell me they thought I was going to put it together!! So I paid for set up and they want me to set it up! Unreal. I am still waiting for my bed to be fixed my child bed to be installed and replacement furniture. My daughter complains every night about her back due to her bed on the floor. What a rip off! They advertise delivery in a week, took me a month and still waiting!

Rooms to Go Company Profile