Rooms to Go
3.09/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Rooms to Go

2019 Rooms to Go Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 25, 2019

The living room assortment was excellent. The salesperson gave us ideas on pieces that would complement the sofas we wanted to buy. They were able to put a package together including end tables, coffee table w/ recliner love seats and power 2 seat sofa (middle seat in between). The pricing was much better than the other furniture stores we had visited.

Original review: April 22, 2019

The CSRs don’t hound you constantly while you’re shopping there. We’ve always had great experiences at Rooms to Go. We just starting shopping there in the last 6 months & they always have a great selection.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2019

We purchased 2 leather couches with Jeff **. He was extremely professional, helpful, and friendly! He did not waste our time with items we weren’t interested in. We expressed concerns about negative customer service issues we read online. Jeff took the time to explain that Rooms To Go has over a 92% customer satisfaction rate with the millions of dollars in sales they do yearly. Our couches were delivered in 2 days by Josh and Noah who moved part of an old couch out of the way and in an efficient manner assembled both couches while making sure not to damage our wood flooring! We are exceptionally satisfied with our Rooms To Go experience. Everything that was promised was delivered and we will recommend and use Rooms To Go in the future.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

With all the horrendous reviews out there I wanted to provide a good one based upon my experience. Years ago I had purchased a Cindy Crawford sofa from RTG. No problems with delivery and it lasted almost 10 years. So when I needed a new sofa and bedroom furniture I went back. With all the delivery and damaged item reviews I was expecting a nightmare. However, I was pleasantly surprised. My delivery window was 2 to 6 PM. At about 10 to 3 I received a call from the driver that they would be here in 30 to 40 minutes. Sure enough about 45 minutes later they arrived. Not only did they move my old bedroom furniture to another room, they were professional, fast and cleaned all the paper/boxes up.

The furniture arrived in excellent condition. No issues whatsoever. My advice - given the large amount of furniture they sell there is bound to be numerous, valid complaints. But I would not let this dissuade you from buying there. I had ordered my previous bedroom furniture from Macy's and it was delivered damaged 3 times before they finally got it right. Thanks RTG!!

Original review: May 24, 2019

I bought quite a bit of furniture from Rooms to go. On delivery day they were 2 hours late with no phone call. Then I called to tell them that the mattress was defective. A week later they tried to deliver an exchange in the base, not the actual mattress but the mattress is the problem. Then I was told a technician would come a month from now, no sooner. So I asked for a refund but it's too late because I accepted the product. Even though I called them immediately the same day it was delivered. I don't need someone to look at this mattress. I need a new mattress! I saw this table I loved in there, but i won't be buying it. No more rooms to go purchases from us.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms To Go?

Original review: May 22, 2019

I purchased one of Rooms to Go’s “top of the line” leather reclining sectionals. I had to wait over two weeks for a defective couch. RTG sent a technician to fix the couch but when I sat down they fell back and hurt my neck. RTG is now going to replace the middle section but it is going to take another two week.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Purchased a mattress that ended up failing, it collapsed through out. I called the Beautyrest manufacturer for the 10 year warranty on it. They informed me I had to go through the place of purchase even though the Rooms to Go had 1 year warranty and my mattress was past the 1 year on it. Went to Rooms to Go store warranty company, whom informed me they would exchange the mattress of same value but I would then have to pay $99.00 to have another one delivered and picked up. Which would of lowered the replacement value of the original bought mattress.

This was an outrage to us that they are charging us another $99.00 to replace their defective product they sell in their stores. We have spent several thousand dollars at their store on our entire house for furniture, for them to deny waiving a $99.00 delivery/pick up fee for the mattress. I will never buy a product from Rooms to Go or Buy BeautyRest Products as they punish the consumer when their product fails.

Original review: May 12, 2019

We had a great experience from selection to delivery and love the way the couch sat, but after 6 months it started coming apart at the seams in four or five places. We contacted Rooms to Go and they sent us a new one and it started doing the exact same thing in 4 to 5 months. They refused to replace it again and only offered for us to buy new covers for cushions.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I first got the wrong color mirror. Then, I got two damaged dressers. I requested a refund. I have been lied to and mistreated by the store manager Brien and the customer service agents. I am still waiting on my money to be put back on my card. They will not give me the proper time frame.

Original review: May 10, 2019

We ordered a loveseat from Rooms To Go. It was delivered a month later. It was not the color that I thought I had ordered. We tried to send it back when they delivered it but they refused. After multiple calls to rude service reps they will pick it up in a week or so. I have to store it and miss another day of work and pay 59 dollars. He said the color was different because they use professional lighting. Do not buy anything from these crooks. This is a buyer beware company. When you ask to speak to corporate they transfer you to another rude person.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I bought two sofa sleepers and one love seat three years ago. On exhibit they looked very pretty. But now and with hardly any use they are trashed. What seemed leather or imitation leather is just garbage. I feel I was robbed by a company that supposedly is very prestigious and reliable. Be very careful purchasing from this company.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Just moved to Raleigh and the first thing I did was buy a sleeper couch because all my other furniture would be in transit for some time. I used Rooms To Go because they claimed to be able to deliver the next day. If you hadn't guessed, that was too good to be true. Today is my birthday and marks day number two that I've been waiting the established 7am to 10pm window of delivery. So far the only things they've been good at are taking my money and apologizing for not owning up to what I paid them extra to do.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I purchased a bedroom set over $2500 and the drawer won’t close on the under storage and the headboard was damaged. These people tell me I have to wait for a service tech to come out and view the damage although it was notated on the delivery notes but couldn’t give a time, we’ll be there when we get there type of attitude.

Mind you I purchased a living room set as well so we’re looking at over $5000 in purchase. Why do I, the customer have to wait a week or two weeks to come out to validate your defective merchandise and we’re not even calculating when it can get replaced or fixed. Total disregard for my time, money spent and inconvenience. I’m totally pissed off and will never buy another damn thing front this horrible company. I can guarantee you they aren’t dealing with a drawer sticking out from their bed that can injure someone. They can come pick all this ** up and I filed a complaint with the BBB, trying to dispute the charge on my credit card. Horrible I would go to a hole in the wall or ANY other furniture company before I purchase a leaf from this company.

Original review: May 5, 2019

I purchased the chair 2 years ago. After 10 months it had to be stitched underneath because flap that is zipped busted open. I really wanted a replacement but they insisted I would never notice. Until it busted out again. They then replaced it. Now 10 months into the newest chair bottom busted out again. I was basically asked how much I weigh when I called yesterday. I’m 5’2” a tiny package. They are to get back to me. I’m ready to tell them I’m done and just get a refund. I’m thinking that’s going to go over like selling umbrellas on a sunny day here in Clearwater Florida

Original review: May 5, 2019

I bought a sofa from Rooms to Go just 3 years ago, and it's already broken. The wooden slat below the seating has come loose. I tried tightening the screw but it kept coming loose as well as the other screws. I'm not a heavy person, and my last sofa purchased elsewhere NEVER had issues in over 12 years that I had it. There's not enough support (framing/slats) below the seating. I shouldn't have to replace a sofa after just 3 years due to poor quality. I will NEVER buy anything from there again.

Original review: May 5, 2019

It’s hard to really figure out a place to start but here ago. One year ago I decided to buy a new living room set with my wife. When the delivery was made from Rooms to Go the loveseat was filthy having not been wrapped in plastic in transit and was immediately taken back for swap out. Within six months the remainder of the furniture started to develop structural issues such as arms collapsing and generally bad construction. I called Rooms to Go. They sent a repairman out who said it was something they could do about it and the furniture was generally pretty cheap anyway having come from China; a fact I was not told when I purchased the set. The store decided to give me full credit and swap out the set and give me a new living room set of higher-quality which I was thankful for.

However when the delivery was made of the new set, the installation contractors were horrible. They didn’t attach the feet right and speed out of my house. When I noted that it wasn’t completely constructed properly I called them to see if they would return and finish the job and they said they could and I would have to call customer service. Customer service said it would be some weeks before they can get out her parrot so right now I’m trying to see if I can legally get all my money back and never deal with these idiots again.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I just got a delivery from Rooms to Go today. I was so excited to get my bed and pretty blue dresser today, I was looking forward to it since I purchased online. The delivery drivers showed up and got the chest in speedy quick which looks great and set the bed up fast. However, they did not set the slats to the bed on the correct level as there are two levels, one for a box spring and one for a bunkie board. I have a bunkie board but they set it on the level for a box spring. By the time I realized what they had done they were gone.

I spoke to customer service who told me they will not come out to fix the issue. They also said I signed off on the delivery which is a LIE as I never signed anything and yet still will not come out to fix the issue. All I asked was for the delivery guys to come back out when they were in the area to fix the issue and I was told no. Very disappointed that the delivery guys would take it upon themselves to forge my signature - isn’t that illegal?!

Original review: April 29, 2019

Very disappointed with this store. We purchased a mattress from here and we were lead to believe that if we did not like it that would not be a problem. We tested in the store and it seemed ok. Once it was delivered we realized it was too firm. We called the store and the problems begin. First they tell us we have to sleep on this very uncomfortable bed for a month. A month comes and now that we want to exchange there are no more sales at that time so we had to pay more for a different mattress and to top it off we had to pay a restocking fee. So please keep all this in mind when purchasing a mattress from Rooms to Go. Do not let the sales rep tell you exchanging is not a problem. Be absolutely sure of the mattress you are getting unless you are ready to pay to exchange.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Constantly received damaged furniture. Very poor customer service. NEVER will I EVER consider this trash dump of an alleged furniture store again!!!! Even when I asked the warehouse manager to PLEASE check before shipment, I still received damaged items. Obviously nobody cares at Rooms to Go about the customer after the sale. They are thieves that just take the money and say screw the customer.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Bought a Power Leather Recliner and paid over $1,000. The recliner came 2 weeks later but without the power cord (and without the cord the recliner wouldn't work). Movers told me that someone would call me about missing cord. Three days later when no one called I called customers service myself and they send me the cord. It took them another week to deliver the cord. Once we received the cord it turned out that the reclining mechanism wasn't working. Called customer service again and was told that the technician will come to see what's going on. He will write a report and someone else in the department then will decide what to do about it. I told them that I already waited for almost a month and don't want to wait even more while they are deciding on the report.

I ask if I can return the item since I haven't use it at all and was told, "No." After long conversation with customer service they finally told me that they will replace the recliner. However, the shipment will be in 4 weeks. It will be 2 months from the moment I bought the chair to the time I can use it. If I knew it will take THAT LONG I wouldn't buy it from Rooms To Go. As a matter of fact, we are moving to a bigger house and thought that we would buy more furniture from them but not after that experience. Very disappointed!

Original review: April 23, 2019

Ordered an Area Rug & paid $107.00. Got it about a week later & the shade of blue was different than the color presented online. I alerted RTG that day... Fast forward two weeks later 3 calls in, I was told that it stated online that colors may vary & she didn't see a difference. I would have to pay about $60.00 to return it. Her attitude was to shove policy in my face & who needs customers attitude.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I bought a dining table 3 years ago, I don't use that table every day, just for special occasions, and last Saturday collapse by itself. I called customer service and they can't do anything, they only have one year warranty. I even spoke with a supervisor name Marisol **. She just repeated what the other lady told me. I don't know what kind of supervisor is that. Horrible experience, very disappointed, I will spread the word to other, that furniture is such a bad quality, and the worst customer service. Anyone who is thinking on purchase there, please don't go, Ikea have a better Quality furniture.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Sales person was Excellent, patient & Respectful. We purchased LEATHER sofa set/Recliner and received on 3/5/19 & found wrinkles/Ripples & full of creases after sitting for only (30) Minutes. We Reported this issue, a Technician was sent and on his report these sofas (UNITS) are going to be replaced BUT not the entire SET. We emphasized that color variation may differ with other units BUT our request was declined by the customer service. SO we will see when we get the delivery of the substitute sofas on 4/2/19. Hence we “reserve” our judgement until that time. (P.S): My wife is SO upset, she want to return the entire SET & get our money back.... Dated: 3/28/19.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I have a complaint about our experience with Rooms To Go Shenandoah location. Our salesman did not take off the extra 25% for the recliner when you buy a 6 pcs sectional and he was telling me it’s in the price. When I asked someone else in the store he finally said yes it should be 25% off and credited our account the difference.

When the furniture was delivered the men didn’t speak any English. They were very rude and rough with our belongings that were in the way. The end table was damaged and I told him to take it back with him. He said “one minute”, walked out the front door, and when I went outside to see why he was taking so long they were gone. I did not sign for a single piece of furniture. They did not bring the canopy piece to my daughters bed. She had been waiting a week for this bed and you know how 6 yr olds are. She was so sad about not having the canopy.

That same day after I left to go pick up my daughter from school a man from Rooms to Go was banging on my door. A lady called me 5 times in a row telling me to “let the man in” it turns out they thought they had left an extra piece of furniture there (which they hadn’t). I told the lady on the phone I wasn’t home. She wrote in the notes the I was “ too busy” for them. No one called or asked if I would be home - not my fault.

I spoke to many people over the phone to complain and try to get a different end table and my daughter’s bed canopy. I never could reach the same person a second time so it was like no one knew what the other was doing. I told them I have to pick up my daughter from 2-330 every week day. They called and left an automated message they were coming next Wednesday (one week) between 12-4. I called local store and told her I wouldn’t be home then. Asked if they had any canopies in the store that we could just come pick up. After a hold she said yes. I picked up my daughter and took out my two two year olds and went to the store. After I was there the lady told me the canopy wouldn’t be warrantied because it was a store pick up. I was upset asked to speak to the manager. Spoke to “Kip”. He said he can’t warranty canopy. I explained my full story to him.

He was full of “I can’t” “I can’t” “that’s not how it works” finally I said I will call corporate and got his name. Then he said I will refund you the delivery change (on the bed for only) not the other furniture we ordered. Which was something. But I am still waiting to exchange the end table. I have had nothing but a bad day experience here and it’s not worth the time and frustration to me. I told them could I please just return all the furniture and get my money back and he said not after it’s been delivered that is how I am feeling at this point. I would like to have the other delivery fee we paid the of 149$ refunded for all the trouble. Also we ordered the Eric Church 6 pc. Two toned Leather sectional and it is coming apart already. The rings around the buttons to recline the chairs will not stay on. Amy **

Original review: April 12, 2019

The worst. Cheap quality, multiple deliveries of damaged goods. One delivery was so bad they never even took it off the truck. Finally had to ask for a refund and they found a way to charge me for something so the refund wasn't even total. If cheap crap is your thing then this is the place for you. It's not for me. It's the old story.... You get what you pay for.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Purchased furniture, I was told delivery 2 weeks out between 12-4, late never showed. Gave me another window with a call ahead, showed up at the no call ahead, told me to call back next day after 4 to reschedule, I was the dresser & nightstand were on backorder? Lie#1. Delivered bed, lamps, mirror on 4/6, got an email on 4/9 telling me I cancelled the rest of my order after they delivered the 1/2 set. LIE #2. They cancelled my order because I outed them on social media and they have yet to fix it. Horrible company from the top to the bottom. DO NOT SHOP There!

Original review: April 9, 2019

I purchased a 3 extended warranty on a 6 piece bedroom suite, 2 - 6 drawer dressers, 1 - 5 draw chest, king size bed, night stand and TV stand, insured with their carrier... Approximately 1 year after the purchase and delivery I noticed the insert of the handle (the decorative area behind the handle) on one dresser was cracked and damaged.

I called "customer service" (what an oxymoron!). No one communicates with anyone else and you get 15 different explanations of your coverage, which ended up to be on the affected piece only, not the whole set, they could not fix or replace the drawer, discontinued. So... you can go to the store and pick out another dresser, only the dresser and if the color is the same they consider that a "match" to your existing set. The fact that your set is contemporary and all they have is Victorian wannabes that match your color is what they consider a match. NUTS!!! Highly recommend you find someone else to work with. I gave them 1 star because I could not give them "0".

Original review: April 8, 2019

I love the material of this sectional, I'm sure it will last forever. But the lounge part is not made right, in my opinion. You sit on it and it seems your legs are way higher than they are ever suppose to be. You look and can see the cushion is half the width of the foot part making the foot part go way too high! My legs go to sleep. Everybody else in the family says the same thing. You get to feeling like you are sitting in a hole if you are there more than 5 mins. WISH I had seen the way the cushion was made in the store. It's not every day you can buy a near $2000 set. I guess I'm stuck. It's been 18 months already and I guess I waited too long to do anything about it.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I am super disappointment from Rooms to Go delivery and customer services. We were suppose to receive our furniture and I called the customer services and after the long waiting, they said they came and nobody was at home and left. I did not receive any call or ringing the bell or anything, and there was no direct phone number to delivery services and the only number they provided has a long waiting line. I got the off day and in this way I waste it.

Customer services talked with me super rude and when I explain that I'm off only Sundays for reschedule, she said, "We don't have service on Sundays," she said, "How you can be just off of Sunday!!!!" And just hang off the phone. I am frustrated now for my wasting time on my day off by being on the hold for long times and no delivery and no solutions. Next time I might not order any other thing from Rooms to Go 'cause even if I like it I don't wanna have the same experience of delivery.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I should have known better than to deal with a Corporate business to buy furniture. If I could leave a ZERO rating I would. As in all corporations they are too big for themselves and leave it to underpaid CS reps that could care less about the quality of service provided. I went into a Rooms To Go for kids in Mesquite, Tx and picked out a bed, mattress, and mattress for my 4 year old. I scheduled delivery for two weeks later because we were moving from one house to another and I wanted it to be delivered to the new home we didn't have access to yet. The sales person told me that they would call me 24 hours prior to delivery to give me a delivery window.

Fast forward to weeks, the day prior to delivery I heard nothing, so I called for a delivery window. They told me between 12 and 4. Next morning I got a call from Rooms To Go telling me that there was a power outage at the warehouse from a storm and deliveries were on hold until power came back on. I said, "Ok no problem, will you call me back to let me know it's cancelled or if the delivery timeline has been delayed?" She said they would call. 1 pm came and still no call so I called again. She said delivery was on schedule (surprise!) and that it looked like the driver was in Athens and had two more stops before he got to me. I said ok. We were 30 minutes from the new house as we were literally in the process of moving that week.

Athens is 30 minutes from the new house in Mabank. 15 minutes later I got a call from the driver saying he was leaving Athens and was going to come to my home first. I told him, ok, but it will take me 30 minutes to get there, he said ok, no problem since we were the same distance from the new house. I got in the car and started driving to the new house. While driving a RTG customer service lady called me and said the driver was at my house waiting, which was physically impossible as he had just called me 5 minutes earlier and said he was in Athens 30 minutes away. I told her that I told the driver I would be there in 30 minutes and he said no issues. As we drove down the road that connects to our home I see a white panel van pulling away and we were too far to catch him. SO I called RTG and asked them WTF.

After being on hold for 10 minutes I got through to an CS rep that said dispatch had sent the truck back to base for the day. The driver never called me back to say he was leaving after he told me he was 30 minutes from my house and he knew I was driving the same distance to meet him. I talked to management because they had dropped numerous coordinations for the day. She said the earliest they could come back was the following week. No way my child was sleeping on the floor for a week. So I told them I wanted to cancel my order since they didn't do as they said they were going to do. The total cost was $1243.75 and they only refunded me $995 because the idiotic delivery team charged me a restocking fee for their incompetence. The CS agents are horrible, the Manager (Stephanie) was nice but unable (or unwilling) to work with me to keep the deal and have it delivered earlier.

I will NEVER do business with these crooks again. And to make things better, my 15 year old left her purse in the store while we were there and when she went back in to get it there was 200 cash missing but the purse was still there. Purse never left the store, but money was gone. One hell of a sales bonus. Crooked. All of them and too big to give a damn about their customers. This is the kind of stuff that needs to be on the undercover boss TV show so the CEO can see the garbage his minions are churning out. Crooked sales staff and incompetent CS agents with attitudes. Just look at all the other reviews and you will see how valid my points are. If you are leadership at RTG please contact me. I would love to give you more specificity on how this went down. You can't seriously be OK with running a business with CS like this.

Rooms to Go Company Information