Rooms to Go
1.11/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Rooms to Go

1863 Rooms to Go Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I am a very loyal client of Rooms To Go. I must have furnished three houses exclusively from Rooms to Go in the last seven years. My last purchase was a complete nightmare. The first recliner sofa that I thought would make my life more comfortable arrived with a slash. The second arrived with the cushions uneven. The third had a scratch and the fourth the wood piece underneath the left rest is warped because it is not made of metal. The sofa has been exchanged three times. The last time, when I AGAIN called customer service, I was informed that the sofa was discontinued.

I requested that someone come by and look at the sofa and arrange for an exchange or repair. The first inspector stated that it was a manufacturer error and could not be fixed. He stated that he would put so in writing. He did not. At the end, he is an employee of Rooms to Go and must protect its interest above mine. I requested another adjuster to come and look at the sofa. He just left. He told me that it is common for recliners not to close completely. That there is nothing that can be done. I was appalled at his statement.

I find it insulting that anyone would think that a sofa that does not perform to the standards to which it was made is acceptable. I am a working person who works very hard for her money. For me to invest $1300.00 on a sofa that I know is defective is hard to swallow. I was even stuck with a useless extended warranty that will not apply until two years after the purchase of the sofa. As I was told, the sofa is currently under the warranty of Rooms to Go. That is laughable. Rooms to Go got is selling substandard merchandise. That is shameful.

The decent thing for Rooms to Go to do is to authorize an even exchange with another sofa of equal value and transfer the extended warranty. I am asking that you authorize this. The manager of the store (Manny) has been very professional and pleasant but as he was told, “my hands are tied”. I also requested a call back from a regional manager twice, still waiting on that one.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I recently purchased several pieces of furniture from the RTG store on Copans in Pompano Beach Florida. One being the Boca Raton Sectional in off white, right facing closed and when the order was being placed. Order ** the salesman said I get 6 pillows so I went through the swatches and picked out 3 pair. The manager came over to review the order was correct with the extra armchair and said it comes with 4 pillows and took 2 away. I tried several times for my sales guy and their Customer Service to resolve this and other issues and this has been ignored. I realize two pillows aren't a huge issue but I spent almost $7000 on furniture and when I look at the website Boca Raton Off-White Right Facing Closed 3 Pc Sectional - iSofa There are 6 pillows.

If I got the open configuration without the arm on one side I see in that picture I get 4. The lady who just called to make sure the delivery today was ok and I explained this. She called the store and spoke with the Manager Kim and she said it only gets 4 pillows. Do they not know what they are selling or are the pictures on your site misrepresented. This is becoming a mission for me to have someone take the time to really research this. This has turned my buying experience from good to very disappointing. Can someone take ownership please.

I received 3 responses but none ever clearly explained what made my identical sectional to the one in their ad not qualify. Totally dissatisfied with Rooms to go and after spending $6800 I wonder if I made a mistake that they'd fight so adamantly over 2 pillows even though their advertising shows it. I'm not even complaining that I still haven't received most of it and some won't be delivered till after a month when I purchased it.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I placed an online order at RTG Sept 9 and set delivery Sept 19. Due to the hurricane they said delivery that week is cancelled. I do understand the reason. Problem is, if I had not chatted with someone in customer service online, my delivery date would have bumped further back. I was NOT informed at all beforehand. I asked them if they can include me on their Sept 29 delivery, they said it was full already and bumped me to October 3.

I don't understand why can't they deliver twice next week since they cancelled this week's delivery if customer satisfaction is their goal. I asked if I can get it myself because I badly needed the couch which was billed already on my card - but they said online purchases don't have pick-up options, plus I am not within the 60 mile radius of whatever they were talking about. This isn't the first time it happened to me, I should have learned my lesson. Now we have to wait until October 3 so we can finally have something to sit on. Hopefully, it does arrive this time!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I wish I didn't have to give them 1 star. I purchased a sofa & loveseat from RTG. Upon delivery, the guys stated that there was a problem on one of the legs on the loveseat and that it would be replaced. The sofa also had mfg defect on the front arm, so it was replaced as well. Both pieces were delivered with black marks and the back of the loveseat had wadded batting at the frame and a cushion that the stitching did not line up with the other cushion. Both pieces had deep wrinkles in the fabric. They sent a service guy to remove the stains at which time he took pics of the issues on the love seat. He said that I would be contacted in 5 days.

After 2 weeks, I called only to be told that the issues were still in service. It's been almost a month now and I've not received a call back to address this issue. I guess I will chalk this one up to lesson learned, but I will never buy from RTG again! This furniture looks like what I would expect to find at an outlet center for a discounted price.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Cindy Crawford 3 piece sectional fabric in gray. 4 people in the home. No pets. Couch hasn’t been used that much yet many of the seams are pulling apart and you can see the foam underneath. Started occurring just months after the couch out of extended warranty. I’ve had Rooms to Go furniture previously and it lasted 10 years. The newer furniture is obviously much cheaper and based on my experience and all the reviews here will not have a lifespan past 3 years. It sucks. Won’t be buying from them again. Will have to spend a bit more at a quality store with sturdier furniture. Let’s face it, Rooms to Go gets our business because it is cheap compared to most furniture stores and payment terms are easy - not because it’s great quality.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rooms To Go?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I purchased a red leather sectional 3 years ago from Rooms to Go. It is in a room that we use for entertainment when we have a party. I started noticing cracks 2 years ago and tried treating it, to no avail. The couch is still something to sit on, but you get up with red all over you. It is going in the garage for football for the man cave. Thank god our team has colors are Red and Blue. I do not know how a company can say a product is a leather when clearly it is not.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

The delivery guy called me and never left a message, 6 min a person named Bob called me and said that the delivery has been called me and I didn't answered the call (first lie). I was 40 min away from home and told them I might be able to make it in 30 min despite the fact that the day before I begged them to be called 45 min in advance and I was told they will put a note on my order. I was 3 min late and spent more than 30 min trying to know what it will be my situation, and never got an answer. Never ever felt treated so unfairly and disrespectfully before on this country that I love. Please the Delivery Department need a shake off! So many good people working on the stores and the company and these guys killing the golden customer service rules!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I bought a sectional sofa and it was delivered by the Rooms to Go delivery team, however they made damages to my property and I have reported damages to the claims department and I was asked to provide damage photos where I have provided to claims admin and Claims administrator-RTG Texas and other guy came to my property after a scheduled home visit to review the damages which were clear and visible. They reviewed and started asking me were there any deliveries made recently, I have answered to their queries.

After few hours they left my property sent me an email saying that based on their review the property damages reported were not made by Rooms to Go delivery team, I was shocked after reading that email response, I just wanted to share my worst experience with stupid Rooms to Go company and their claims administrator (Lissette **) and delivery team and wish I had not bought anything from them, and I'm sure I'll never again visit their store, I'll not recommend.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Delivery schedule 8/31 1-9. I was called at 415 extend delivery hours 5-9. Left voicemail at 545 returned call. It took 1 hour for anyone to answer. By that time the driver could not deliver. Spoke to Ashley supervisor she was calling the truck and call me back. At 9 pm no call back no couch. Called in AM rude customer service rep, Ashley called back at 1030 AM will call to see if delivery today or it will be Tuesday. Promised to call me back to confirm. No callback, no couch. Sunday, no delivery. Monday Labor Day no Delivery. Called Customer Service. Spoke to Amy supervisor. Was told couch would not be delivered today. It would be tomorrow.

Amy promised to return call after checking on the truck and delivery of the couch. No return call. Called the Raleigh store on Glenwood Avenue Store Manager Sean. Was told he was in a meeting and he would call me back in 45 minutes at 10 am. Still no return call. Called Sean back at 230 pm. The receptionist that answered the phone when I asked when Sean would call me back hung up on me. This is the absolute WORST customer service I have ever experienced and I nor my family will ever purchase from Rooms to Go again and I will go out of my way to tell everyone that I come into contact with this story. I am a medical professional and I come into contact with many professionals. This was paid in full and is going to an elderly woman who has been sitting in a lawn chair since Friday.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I will never purchase from this company again. I purchased a couch that had to be exchanged after only 8 months. They send someone out to take pictures and that appointment was screwed up. Then they told me they'd call me and they didn't - even after I followed up for 2 weeks. I finally call the 3rd time and they let me know they left a message on my voicemail which was a lie. They said I had to go to the store to pick out a new couch which I did and scheduled a delivery. Waited during the timeframe and they showed up with the wrong order so they did not deliver. Then my husband had to go to the retail store to make sure the order was correct.

Another date was scheduled for delivery (2pm-6pm) and again I waited. At 5:50pm they show up and they cannot deliver it because the drivers showed us a damaged product...really? After a complaint to customer service and a call to the retail store (I spoke with the manager who actually chucked at me on the phone because he knew that I would be held hostage again. He frankly could care less). Now, I am scheduled for a 3rd delivery. This time it better be on time and in perfect condition. What a waste of time and money. I will never purchase from this place ever again.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

No phone call regarding time-frame on delivery day so I called customer service around 1 pm. 2 to 6 pm window for delivery. Almost 6 pm still no furniture after missing whole day of work. Called customer service again. 6 to 10 pm delivery. Approximately 6:40 pm I get a call from dispatch manager that after truck problems most of day, all remaining deliveries pushed to tomorrow. Wasted entire day of my life I'll never get back. Still no furniture, I was not informed about delays in timely manner, and they did not update automated system for customer call-in regarding status of delivery. LIVID customer!!!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Leather peeling off after 2.5 years. Me with my husband got a brand new Sofa from Rooms to Go for our new apartment after visiting number of places and shops but decided to pick this one. This was good in height, recliner comfortable and matched what we were looking for. Everything was good until last year when we saw the leather started ripping. We are just 2 of us living in apartment, no kids, no pets and leather started ripping from the 2 seats which are mostly used and 3rd seat which is hardly used is as it is. Now my whole living room carpet is filled with tiny black leather tears. We have to stop sitting on this junk and if we, we sit on 3rd unripped seat. This is a pure junk now and total waste of money. Will need to trash it. I would never recommend anything from Rooms to Go again.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I purchased a chair from Rooms To Go in May. I have never missed a payment but my payment doubles. I call to find out why. My payment is due on the 6th of each month. I asked the representative to set me up on monthly bill pay so that I can pay it due to having a traveling job. They don't do it but instead of paying 59.00, they want me to pay 120.00. The representatives are in another country (sounds like) and you can't reason with them about nothing. They are a rip off. If I am out of town on the 6th as soon as I return I pay the bill (within a day or 2). They still doubles the payment... NEVER AGAIN. Come get this CHAIR!!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

My experience in store with Rooms to Go was excellent. The employee was very helpful and answered each one of our questions. The delivery service, whatever it is, seems to have poor regulations and whenever something goes wrong, customer service doesn’t know what to do. I had a delivery for a bunk bed for August 29th 1PM-5PM. Mind you I’ve been waiting all week for it so I had my whole room prepare and even called the day off of work.

1 PM rolls around and I suddenly receive a voicemail saying the delivery person arrived at my apartment and no one was there, so I would have to reschedule. Of course, this is untrue, there wasn’t a single knock at our door nor was the doorbell rung. I even had family members arriving home at the time so it’s not as if we wouldn’t have seen him. We have a guard shack at the front of our apartment complex, where everyone who enters has to sign in. Turns out the delivery driver comes into the complex, and immediately turns around without attempting to come to our door.

I call customer service and the woman calls the dispatcher, who says the delivery driver was “too far away” now as if delivery hours weren’t scheduled to 5 PM. Unless the bed I purchased is located in a warehouse in another state, there’s no way he couldn’t have come back. So the end result was I had to schedule my delivery another week later than I was supposed to receive my bed with no compensation whatsoever. I sincerely hope that things go smoothly next week, otherwise I’m simply not shopping here anymore. I can’t believe something as important as delivery of expensive furniture isn’t more refined.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I purchased this sofa in 2017, it was dropped on the ground during the delivery. I saw the guys not helping each other and one guy dropped it hard from high up in the truck. Also, the back of the couch was flawed in the fabric, and I had to go through a process of sending photos, so that a technician could come out to my home to assess the situation and fix it? He came out, now I spent $900.00, mind you and they want to fix my new couch. He found that it could not be fixed, so I had to wait another couple of weeks for a second delivery.

Keep in mind that a couch according to RTG has a one year warranty, and it arrived damaged to begin with, you would think this created a negative record. I contacted RTG and they told me pretty much that I should expect this couch or commodity to break down after a year, not at 900.00 it shouldn't. Now, this couch is falling apart, in the middle of the arms down the center where no one even touches this part. It's pulling away, at the seams, you can see cardboard and glue so that tells you how well it is not put together. I have contacted the BBB, and RTG is not accepting that this product is faulty, and does not think 1900 negative reviews is a bad thing since thousands more are not, I have emails from Cindy at RTG customer support, who is very patronizing and telling me, “Sorry I cannot or we cannot help you.”

I told them I am opening a case with BBB and Consumer Affairs. They told me to take this couch to a furniture to have it fixed, and did not even offer a tech. from their location who knows this product to do it. Why is that? If out of the warranty period by a 3 months, and track record of negative products, including mine, at least send a tech for a fee who knows your product, not offered... I would not pay them anyway. I am moving out of state and do not want to haul a $900.00 couch, that is literally composed of cardboard. My husband and I have not had a new couch in 20 years, I take care of my things and used my savings on this, so I did not have to buy a second hand couch. I would have been better off to do so. I am seeking that this couch is picked up from my current residence and refunded completely to my husband and I. We are both in agreement that this is a "defective commodity".

My correspondence with RTG and now there is a BBB case. I have included the email trail for detail and want resolve to this matter. RTG do what is right you are making so much money and selling defective product, greed, should not feed you, but customers who would highly recommend you and sending others to purchase from you is the way to have more sales and productivity. If customers are telling you a product is faulty take them at their word and get manufacturing to fix the problem, and really care about what you sell. This is a sign of a true blue American company who would live by the golden rule.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

In the beginning, I was satisfied with my experience. The sales associate was very helpful and patient while I picked out 9 items to purchase. Delivery day is where I have my issue. To be fair, the delivery team was friendly and easy to talk to. They set up things for me in a timely manner. However, one of the guys tried lifting most of the things by himself (including the couch) and he hit the upper side on my porch and left a good size dent in the wood. The wood is chipped and it's very noticeable. I called Rooms to Go customer support within 20 mins of them leaving. The wait time was so long that I opted to be placed on the call back list. After 47 minutes of not hearing back from them, I called back and they had closed for the day and would reopen on Monday, 2 days later.

So I called Rooms to Go back and had an associate from another department notate my acct about my complaints and notate that I had at least tried to call twice on the day the incident happened. Monday came and I hadn't heard anything, Again, I called back and spoke to someone to follow up. I was told "someone will reach out to you soon". A representative from the customer service finally called and said to email pictures and my statement to her. I did. As of 5 days later, I hadn't heard anything, so I called. Again, I was told that someone would reach out to me. 4 hours later I receive an email stating "after talking to the delivery team and the managers, we have denied and closed your claim". There was no explanation or anything. They just dismissed me! They didn't come out and check the damage in person. They didn't have a manager reach out to me personally. They don't care!

A lamp was broken in transit to my house too and I haven't heard a word on when it's being replaced either. To buy a new home and have it damaged 3 days after signing papers is very upsetting. But the lack of concern from a huge, popular company is infuriating. I spent thousands of dollars on furniture from this company and they can't be bothered with a few hundred dollars (if that) worth of repairs. They don't care about their customers. I will never buy from them again, nor will I recommend them. I highly recommend that everybody go elsewhere. If not, keep very close eye on your delivery team.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Dining Room Set Defective after 5 months. On today, I noticed that the table was peeling. Mind you this table is never used to eat on because I value the design and style of the dining room set. I called to speak to a representative, and of course, she stated a technician had to come out take photos. After reading the hundreds of complaints online in regards to this service, I am uneasy that Rooms To Go will take effective measures to correct the problem.

I am still paying on this purchase and very upset that a defect of this magnitude could possibly be disregarded. I found this email address online and hope that someone will ensure me that this matter will be situated. I asked for an email confirmation and the rep stated that she could not provide that for me. I have not had this set an entire year and with a purchase that was well over $900.00, you would think customer security and satisfaction would extend beyond the purchase. There was no flexibility offered with the dates of the tech visit and the Chat Rep was very rude and used that all time phrase that makes a consumer feel cheated, "This is ALL we can do!" In a world where customers can choose any company to purchase furniture, you would think someone could have provided me more security with this situation. A 18:31-minute wait and the only appointment that was the soonest available was August 21, 2018.

On 8/28, I received a reply from Lourdes Campos (President Assistant) of Rooms to Go. Ms. Campos stated that the technician's findings concluded that the damages were not under warranty. I then called Rooms to Go and a CSR stated that my claim still shows "pending" and there was no decision made. I also have a transcript of a conversation I had with CSR from Rooms To Go and she stated that items under warranty are either "repaired" or replaced" and that a technician report does not make the determination the CSR Care Team does... Not to mention that the actual technician stated his job duties and he also stated that the table could not be repaired, but should be replaced. We were forewarned that our BBB complaint would come back to haunt us...sure enough it did.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Terrible customer service. Once they receive your money, that’s when they stop caring about your experience. We waited 4 weeks to receive our bedroom set as the store is only floor models and all items have to be ordered from their warehouse. I took the day off on day of delivery as they give you a 4 hour window for delivery between 1-5. They arrive at 5:30 pm and bring all of the boxes in our house before realizing they are missing the bolts for our bed. They tell us they can’t put it together and we will have to call customer service, so we do and they say it will take 5 businesses days to receive the bolts and at that time we will need to call back to setup a time for a technician to assemble the bed.

5 days later we call and they say it’ll take ANOTHER 5 days to have someone out to our house! I wish I was lying about how little they cared about the HUGE inconvenience they have put us through. I begged my fiancé to have it returned because these people do not deserve a single dime of anyone’s hard earned money!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I purchased furniture warranty on both living room and dining room. Rooms to Go furniture cleaner removed blood smear on sofa... but THEIR CLEANER STAINED CUSHION. It removed the blood completely... But Rooms to Go will not cover the chemical because original stain was blood. Dining table a accidentally dented with grocery bags. THEY DONT COVER???

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My boyfriend and I have found the couch that we L O V E!!! We set a delivery date. Our delivery guys were incompetent as hell. We live in downtown Dallas, and they were concerned about the few construction cones in the middle of the driveway down the dock parking lot. But they didn't try to see if the truck could fit, they just parked somewhere and had me meet them. SO I go to meet them, he shows me what he's talking about, I go to some of the construction guys (AS THE DRIVER STARTS WALKING AWAY) to see if a big moving truck could fit through, he said absolutely. SO since the ** delivery driver walked off, I go follow him to the truck to let them know that they could definitely fit through the cones. They were both in the truck, didn't make any eye contact with me or ANYTHING.

I call the driver who had called me when they arrived, he did not answer... EVEN THOUGH he was literally in the truck and saw that I was trying to contact him. They eventually motioned to me "just a minute" and that they were turning around, so I text the guy's phone to let him know I was going to meet them in the loading DOCK. I wait for 10-15 minutes. No show. I call him, he doesn't answer. So I call dispatch, and they told me that someone had released them. L O ** L. So my blood is boiling pretty ** hard right now. I NEVER write reviews, but this has been the most inconvenient and time waster of my life. They said a window from 9-1... they didn't even show up until 12 40 ** 5... and then had the AUDACITY to leave without giving me my couch. UNACCEPTABLE. Maybe make sure that your drivers know how to drive before hiring them on as delivery. HUGE waste of my day off... and who knows how long I have to wait to get my damn couch.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Rooms To Go is an absolute joke. I ordered a dresser from them online, and after it arrived to my house severely damaged, they sent me a replacement. The (first) replacement arrived damaged as well. Hey, third time is the charm right? Wrong. The second replacement (third dresser overall) also arrived damaged. Customer service offered no compensation outside of a refund for the 2 week inconvenience of 3 separate occasions of receiving 3 broken items. I was just another voice on the phone to them. I still have no dresser to put clothes into after moving. After they refund me the full $509 that I spent on their website, I will be sure to avoid ever buying anything from them ever again, and I'll make sure to tell the hundreds of new people that I meet every day to take their business elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Rooms to Go Melbourne Fl damaged my car during delivery and sell cheap furniture that falls apart. Will not stand behind their product or do the right thing.

Ten years ago I bought a sofa. The pillows were damaged when the couch was built. At least that's what their own rep said when he came to the house to look at the damaged pillows. Said, "No worries we will replace them." IT NEVER HAPPENED. I reached out and nothing happen. Forward 10 years later, I thought they might not be so bad anymore. Well I was horribly wrong. Not only did I pay top dollar for sub par furniture, they damaged my vehicle. I reached out several times. I received 2 emails from different people replied to both and waited. I reached out again and was told since I didn't reply in time my case was closed and they were not fixing my car.

$1300 dollars it cost me to fix my car. The delivery people dropped my 1st couch. I told them I didn't want the couch if it was damaged. They left so quick and I realized when I went outside why... They damaged my car and they broke the couch. I had to wait a few weeks to get the replacement sleeper sofa. I moved it to clean behind the sleeper and the leg was broken. Plastic hollow leg holding a heavy sleeper sofa. Ridiculous. I paid for stain resistant. I got nothing. Poor quality poor service. I have a stain and it won't come out.

Rooms to Go response

Our claims department attempted to reach you multiple times regarding the alleged damage to your car. You did not respond to our phone calls or emails for months so the claim was closed. We were also able to confirm that you have a service appointment scheduled for today to address the issues you have reported with your furniture. We truly hope that our technician is able to address all of the issues you have reported. Please email us at TellUs@RoomsToGo.com should you need further assistance.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Sofa is 1 1/2 years old and leather is peeling off the cushions. Rooms To Go would not give me credit for the material protection I bought or the delivery charge even though the sofa is a piece of junk and the tax because they finally after many phone calls said I would be fully credited for what I spent and come in and pick out a new sofa, however they did minus all of the above off it. Never shop at this store, customer service is horrible.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I gave them one star because 0 wasn't an option. I purchased a sectional last week, paid 250.00 for delivery on 8/15. When the truck arrived 2 of the wedges didn't even go to my set and one was wrapped in plastic wrap, the bottom was ripped and the legs were all scuffed up as if the piece was used. They took, the furniture back to the warehouse. I called needing the correct furniture delivered either today or tomorrow and I am told that the furniture will not be re-delivered for another week. They could care less that they made the mistake or that I took the day off from work to be there for the delivery. Any other business would be jumping through hoops to make this right.

This place has the absolute worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. They will not do anything to fix their own mistakes. Needless to say I am canceling this order and I will never ever buy from Rooms to Go again. I must have talked to 5 managers to try and make this right before submitting this review. All of them refused. Very sad!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I called Rooms to Go to find out how much it would cost to have my loveseat repaired because my dog chewed the back of it. I was not asking about warranty work, I knew this would be on my dime. I was shocked to find out that since I did not purchase the extended warranty, which would not cover the pet damage anyway, that they won't even come out to look at it! I have bought many items from Rooms To Go over the years but this will be the very last. Horrible customer service!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We purchased a dining room set a little over a year ago from Rooms To Go and now gray spots are starting to appear all over it. It was the Noah Chocolate Bar Height set. We have only sat at this table around 5-6 times since we bought it. I have never used any harsh chemicals on it and nothing has ever been spilled on it either. It hasn't been sitting in the sun to start fading, so I'm not sure what these spots are. Called customer service and spoke to someone and after a 30 second conversation, he said "since you didn't purchase the extended warranty, there's nothing we can do." I wasn't trying to get a new table, I just asked him were there any other complaints of this happening with this particular table or if he could suggest some type of cleaner or polish to put on it and he stated once again about the extended warranty. So if this is the best that Rooms To Go customer service can do, I will take my business elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I gave Rooms to Go a cashier's check for my furniture. Then they had to check with the bank to see if funds were available. They gave me a time for my furniture to be delivered. The time was between 4 and 8 pm. I was out of town and I arranged for my mother to be there when they came. They notified me that something the truck was running late and that they said that they would be at my home by 10. I told them this was unacceptable because they said between 4 and 8 pm and I expect it to be here at that time. 10:01 pm that said that the truck won't be able to deliver the furniture that day.

I got so frustrated the next day I called RTG to cancel my order. Then the lady said that it would take 7 to 10 working day for me to get my refund. Then after 7 business days they tell me that it takes 21 days for the cashier's check to clear before I can get my refund back because I paid with a cashier's check. This is crazy. The cashier's check is money and the funds are there. So I am stuck waiting for almost a month to get my refund. Never again will I ever I mean ever do any business with Rooms to Go. I should have looked at the reviews. RTG and Badcock have a very bad ratings. I am taking my business to La-Z-Boy furniture. You may Pay a little more but it's worth it.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

The mattress Serta Glengate Queen Mattress and box spring set (SKU No. 5090284P) was delivered to my home on a Thursday. Upon delivery I told delivery person that mattress had a very strong odor and was then told to speak to customer care concerning this. After delivery person left, I inspected mattress and found a dark stain around top of mattress around seams and also small black specks that when rubbed left dark marks on mattress fabric. Thought this may have just been dust or something from delivery person's hands. I did not put mattress cover or any sheets on the mattress because I was assuming that it just merely needed to air out. Mattress sat for another day and odor wasn't quite as strong so I made up the bed and tried to sleep on it.

Noticed my eyes and nose felt burning and skin itching even with the mattress cover and sheets on the bed. I then decided to inspect the mattress with a light and magnifying glass and found actual small brown bug crawling right below top surface near top cording seam of mattress around same area that I initially saw the dark staining and specks. My immediate reaction was that this mattress may be full of small bugs and that could be reason for smell. I was upset and afraid the mattress was full of bed bugs and now my house is infected.

The next morning I called Rooms To Go customer care department and explained what happened and was told that mattress could not be picked up for another day and was also told that if my house needed treatment for bugs that they would not be responsible for paying for this. I spoke to the manager of the store concerning all this and he kept saying that I was making claims of seeing a bug and the store could only pick up the mattress but it would have to wait another day for pick up. I told them that this was not acceptable and there must be some way that he could have this mattress out of my house asap, but all my attempts requesting this failed.

I am 67 year old and could not get this mattress out of my house myself so I was at the mercy of Rooms To Go. I called a pest control company to inspect my house and they summed it up as I will have to monitor my home now and keep checking to make sure that I don't get an infestation, as he could not see any sign of where eggs were laid or actual living bug at the time of his inspection. He did say that during the day bed bugs stay in any crevice in wood or seams of fabric and feed on a human during the night.

This is all nauseating to type as well as all I have experienced in the last two days and I just want to tell folks to not purchase a mattress from Rooms To Go. The quality of their furniture is also poor and not substantial and I will not set foot in another one of their stores. I did not get a complete credit from this purchase and I feel for the hardship this put me through I should have gotten a full refund. I never write reviews, this is my first and I feel that others should be made aware of my hardship so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

The pest control company that inspected my home actually told me that they have had other customers who bought mattresses from Rooms To Go and had same issue of bugs in mattress. Also, I called the actual Serta customer care corporate office and got nowhere with this person either. She passed the buck back to the store. This has certainly changed my views on Serta and their responsibility for quality control when they are providing retailers with their products.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I purchased a leather sectional from Rooms to Go, the leather sectional is 3 years old, located in a vacation home so hardly used and leather is cracking everywhere! We go to the house 3x a year so the leather sectional isn’t even used daily! Do not buy from Rooms to Go.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

My experience, should not be taking place, so in short, this should not be a review I should have to take my time do. I am really ** off, I want my money back. I purchased my sofa a little less than a year ago. Upon the first shipment, I saw the shippers drop the couch on the ground, it hit hard. You would think that it would damage the frame, yes? Well, there was damage to the back of the couch, which was the fabric, and I had to contend with RTG to get a technician to exam this, in order to fix it, they wanted to fix it first. I don't understand why you have to fix a new couch in the first place. Why are there technicians in place to do this? Does this mean that there is a pattern of furniture issues? Looking at this site, there surely is.

I took a lot of photos and was told that they were not sufficient, I am a professional photographer? BTW in order for a tech, to come over to my house it took forever to take place. They could not fix it, so they gave me another one, was it new? I know in retail you can use that clever gun to put tags on an item. Now, this couch is coming apart in a seam area by the nail heads and I do not want anyone fixing this. No contact to this part of the couch is taking place, so what gives, the seams... I am moving out of state and cannot have RTG come to Idaho to keep fixing a $900.00 couch. I want a refund of my money and no more technicians to fix something that is going to keep falling apart.

This couch was a luxury item to my husband and I, we had not purchased a new couch since 2004. I am not going to upload photos as that is very inconvenient and I should not have to be going through this. I feel "ripped" off, a pun intended. RTG, please refund my money, you cannot fix it 5 states away. This was something my husband and I felt we could make our home beautiful and now we have a waste on our hands. So poorly constructed... I need this refunded ASAP as we are moving soon, why should I pay to move this couch and not have a product that can last us a long while.

Rooms to Go Company Information