2. Homeowners

New York, NY

3.4/5 (248 ratings)

About Raymour & Flanigan Furniture

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Raymour & Flanigan Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Bought an expensive mattress from Raymour and Flanigan. Delivery man was reckless. He literally ruined the mattress and my wall by forcing it up the stairs!! Took chunks of my wall and ceiling out smh. Raymour and Flanigan avoiding my countless calls and still no fix to the damage 5 weeks later! Keep saying "you'll get a call tomorrow" and nope, no call, terrible! NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SHADY COMPANY. I'm going to court now to resolve it. What a mess.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Gringo at the Iselin, NJ location needs some serious training in proper customer service. Dude was CLEARLY there to make a sale and just that. Didn’t receive our delivery because our order was never approved - Gringo here told my dad he had an open credit card account with them which he never did. My parents were ready to purchase with their own card but because we were told they had the store card approved they decided to just do that. If my dad would’ve never called to check on the status of delivery we would’ve never been notified by ANYONE about the issue with the payment. The living room was cleared and emptied out just waiting for a delivery that never came. The matter has now been resolved - however I wanted to leave this review to point out the ** customer service Gringo provided my family and I. Do better.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

We purchased a table and hutch over three weeks ago we called the same day to let them know it did not match. We’ve been getting the runaround asking us to send pictures, emails, bigger pictures, smaller pictures, corner pictures. But the fact of the matter is the tables do not match. We don’t care if they replace the hutch or the table. We just want them to match. Two months ago we furnish a whole house through them and spent a lot of money there and to be treated like this and the people you deal with do you not care. Being a business owner I would never treat my clients like this nor would I resort to writing a bad review.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I bought a firm Beautyrest mattress called Glendale. The first mattress had an uplifted section which Raymour and Flanigan replaced (with pressure). They brought the new mattress. I slept on it and found the outer sides to be firm but the middle was soft. I called them and they were sent out a technician (a week and a half later). He came and checked it out. I got a call from Raymour and Flanigan that my mattress was to the standard it should be! Buyer beware. They offer, for $60.00, a comfort guarantee when you purchase a bed. You will pay for delivery charges should you want to change your bed besides the difference in cost to your original purchase.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I bought a couch recliner. It fell apart within 6 months. Their protection plan is lousy. Do not bother paying for protection plan. Better yet do not bother buying from Raymour and Flanigan. They're thieves.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Bought living room set and dining set. 2 Days after delivery, I Had to call customer service about an issue with dining chairs. Had to send pictures. Arlene ** never got back to me, never acknowledged my texts or e-mails. Don't bother. Go somewhere else.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Purchase a sofa from them with no interest if paid off in one year. Have paid off the entire amount and then they claimed that I was late with one payment and wants me to pay interest. Are you kidding me! You are just upset because I paid off my bill on time and so it did not benefit you. I will be contacting the Department of Consumer Affairs to resolve this matter, because the company is unethical. Never again, friends and family and acquaintances. Stay away from this store.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

TV console was delivered 1/2 assembled with the 2 center columns not installed prior to the top being put on. When I contacted their customer service I was given to 2 other departments none of which had competent or even knowledgeable managers. I was basically told they could not get anyone over until the next day and that I had just been given too many shelves. This was even after I provided pictures via a text. I was basically called a liar by their delivery Manager. I ended disassembling the console and installing the supports myself and just asked for a refund of the delivery cost of $50 and was refused. I will never buy anything from Raymour and Flanigan again and would encourage anyone else to not buy from them.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

RAYMOUR AND FLANIGAN RENEGS ON DAMAGE THEY CAUSED. On July 28th, 2019, we took delivery of furniture from R & F at our Vermont home. At that time, our contractor was on the property doing work since we live most of the time in New York. R & F proceeded to back the delivery truck up into the house and caused almost $5000 worth of damage. The contractor notified us of the damage the following day (7/29/19). Photos of the damage were taken on 7/30/19 and we contacted R & F to report the damage since the delivery drivers never mentioned it to anyone. R & F proceeded to send out inspectors to the property to survey the situation a few days later. The drivers admitted to the delivery supervisor that they damaged the house. We then received an email from the delivery supervisor.

On 7/31/19 we received that email from Donald ** (delivery supervisor) stating “Please let me know when you get an estimate from your contractor and we will move forward with getting repairs taken care of. I will also get with my supervisor and keep him informed”. Based upon that email it’s obvious that they have admitted they caused the damage and are going to pay. However, after almost one month, I sent an email R & F to find out why we hadn’t heard from anyone to remedy the situation even though an invoice for the repairs was sent prior. It turns out that the drivers were confused. They said they had damaged a different house and told the delivery supervisor the same. That seems to be their story and they’re sticking to it. As of today, they are denying that it’s their fault and are refusing to pay. We will see them in court with that email.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I went to Raymour and Flanigan store 1865 in Central Ave. The floor salesman is very experienced and attentive.. This was my first time buying in this store and I'm so glad that I did. Besides this the delivery guys are amazing. They are very fast and strong and acknowledged in their tasks!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I have been purchasing from Raymour for years and years. I have furnished my entire home with Raymour furniture. I have a beautiful dark brown sectional with reclining chairs that I purchased in 2013. When shortly after receiving the furniture, I noticed a white patch come through the back of the sofa. I thought maybe one of the kids got something on it. In the past 6 months, little by little these patches have been coming out on the furniture. They are not where you sit, they are on the back of the couches and by the feet and legs of the couch. They are not stains, they appear to be some sort of material defect coming from the inside.

I contacted Raymour and sent them many pictures. They said it was stained and no longer under warranty. I get that it's not under warranty, but I believe it is a defect in the material. They wanted to charge me $75 just to come out and look at it. I am very disappointed in the customer service I received and will reconsider going to them again to purchase furniture.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I purchased a reclining sofa with platinum warranty on 12/30_16. Was told the warranty covers everything. Vinyl peeling, seats sunken. Claim denied as normal wear & tear. Will NEVER purchase from them again.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I had purchased sofa set with protection plan from its store in Woodbridge, NJ in late 2018. Initially, I noticed feathers lying in the ground and I didn't realize it is from couch. Over period of time, I have also started experiencing back ache because of the firmness and couch material. It is then, I noticed bunch of feathers on the sides of the couch.

1) I went to the store to raise the concern and to my dismay salesperson not even listened to issue, informed me to call customer service (though there is one in store) and was only focused to sell his products. 2) Their technician though came to inspect and acknowledged the issue and took pictures about the state of couch, feathers etc. 3) When followed-up with store's customer service, they informed store manager is not there and will be reaching me within 48 hours. There was no call from store for 72 hours and when I followed up, I was told to reach out primary protection team.

4) Primary protection team informed me to reach out servicing team, as it is less than year of purchase and per them, only items which are broken are considered as defect and usability issues, experience of feather wearing out daily, firmness/material doesn't consider as defect/issues. 5) When reached out to store customer service again, I could clearly listen the agent stating, “I have an annoying customer over the phone,” and not even listening to my concern and informed that store manager will call me back after 48 hours. 6) A week passed by and there was no call yet from store or customer service.

7) To further worsen the state, primary protection team closed the ticket in their internal system stating that they had discussed with me on Sunday, which is a false statement. This I learnt when I had called customer service again requesting the current status in their system. I definitely would not recommend Raymour & Flanigan for their customer experience. Their primary focus is sales and not customer experience.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I bought 2 reclining sofas at the cost of 3k and had them delivered in a Sat am, by Sunday afternoon I called to see if they can me exchanged as they were sooo uncomfortable, a big “no you cannot. We do not do this, you signed it when you signed the sales papers”. So 3k and I had it less than 30 hours and I am stuck with it. Should have gone to Cardi’s!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

We purchased a dining room set and a futon. We scheduled our delivery date, but eventually needed to reschedule. We rescheduled for a later date. On the day of delivery we called to find out why we hadn't received a call to let us know what time they would be arriving. We were told they scheduled us for the following week. Since my husband had to take off work for this appt, and we planned to have family up for the first time to see our new house, a dining room table is pretty necessary. We are now having a large group of people up that are going to have to sit on the couch, floor, or stand, in order to have a multi-course dinner. They refunded us some money, but that really doesn't make it better considering our inconvenience this weekend, as well as having to take off a second day of work. I'm furious.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Very disappointed in this company. Actually I am shocked. Purchased a leather sectional. Total amount paid $3805.94. Ok on the day of delivery which was 7/15/2019 the delivery guy broke the rim to entrance of my glass sliding door then they delivered 2 damaged pieces. One had a big gash all the way down to the grain of the leather. The other part of the sofa had 2 indents on it. After countless amount of phone calls they said they would send out a contractor to fix the door. As of date my door is still broken. The damaged pieces they finally delivered it. Guess what? The part they gave me was also damaged and looked worn and had a rip in the leather.

Today I get a call telling me that the part is no longer in stock and I can keep this one for 150.00 off for pick out a new sectional. Really. Well I think I'll see you in court. This is ridiculous. 4000 spent and all I got was a broken glass sliding door and damaged pieces of sofa. I am going to take Raymour & Flanigan to small claim court. You have a hell of a nerve. The worse 4000.000 ever spent ruined my life.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I will just mention one episode in a series of miserable interactions with this seemingly upscale firm. I bought an expensive mattress which did not fit my needs. When I tried to exchange it I was told, correctly as it turned out, that I had waived my right to a waiver by initialing a statement after the purchase. No one had warned me. My recommendation is that if you must shop there you should bring your lawyer. Daniel Kahneman, author of "Thinking Fast and Slow"

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

We purchased outside furniture from Raymour & Flanigan over 4000 dollars. When we unwrapped the cocktail table there were 3 white water spots. We contacted them right away and because we didn’t purchase the protection plan they wanted nothing to do with us. They stated it was from placing something hot on it. We never even used it. They have all the answers once they find out u didn’t purchase the plan. It wouldn’t have helped anyway since they said it wasn’t a defect. The delivery guys also shook us down for another 20 on their tip. Terrible customer and nasty people. No worries bad news travels fast.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

On 7/24/19 I ordered a bedroom set at the store that was delivered on 7/30/19. I also ordered a queen size mattress with Freestyle Adjustable Base. When this was assembled the bed is almost 3 ft. from the ground. I am 69 years old and am not capable of climbing in and out of this bed. On Raymour and Flanigan's own site there is a question asking "Can this product be used with a storage bed and if so, will it adjust to fit any queen size bed? Carole ** on Nov 29, 2016 BEST ANSWER: "The Freestyle Queen Adjustable Base would not work with a storage bed. It will accommodate most queen size beds. For assistance on specific choices, please contact Online Sales at 866-383-4484, option 3." The above quotation was copied from Raymour and Flanigan's site which is proof that the salesman and store should have known not to sell this bed with this adjustable frame. I would have changed the bed and headboard so I could use the bed.

I called the 800 number that they gave and was told they could not do anything but to call the store and see if they can. Also told once I sign on the dotted line there is nothing they can do. The store refused to exchange the bed or offer any acceptable solution. This bed should not have been sold with this adjustable base. STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE!!!!

Original review: July 30, 2019

I received a new dresser with a chunk of wood chipped out of the front. The dresser is black so the chipped off wood is extremely visible. I contacted Katie at Raymour and Flanigan and was told a technician would contact me with a window of time that they would arrive to come fix it. All 3 times I had the appointment scheduled no one contacted me, they just showed up at the house unexpected. Katie claims I was called but I was not. I asked if they could simply discount the item since I have had no resolution. She said she would not discount it and that it was my fault I didn't reach out to her to find out when the technician would be coming. So disappointed with the awful customer service!!

Original review: July 24, 2019

My husband and I went to Raymour and Flanigan Latham NY on Memorial Day weekend 2019 to shop for patio and sunroom furniture as we were building a deck and sunroom. We picked out sunroom furniture, patio dining and chat set with fire pit. We also purchased the premium protection plan. Total order $7,200. Salesman stated a deposit would hold the furniture until our construction was completed. We would just need to call and set up delivery.

A couple of weeks later we received a call that we needed to come in and pay for the sunroom furniture as it was discontinued. We went down and paid $1,700 paying it in full. The following week we were notified that the furniture was damaged. We left the payment on our account to be applied to the deck furniture. Our deck was completed and we called to set up delivery of our dining and chat set as we were having a bbq at our home for 40 people. We were then told that they had less than half of our order in stock!!! We were left without any furniture at all and it was very difficult to find replacement furnishings as by July a lot of places are sold out. Never received a phone call from Tim ** our salesman, no apology nothing!! To make matters worse we were told we had to wait 5-7 business days for our refund!! Will never do business with this store ever again. They never held the furniture.

Original review: June 20, 2019

My name is Vinay **. On Friends & Family day April 26th 2019 sale I purchased 4 Bedroom set and sofa worth over $10,000 from Raymour & Flanigan Furniture along with platinum protection plan from 1471 US Route 1 South, North Brunswick Township, NJ 08902. Customer Code: **. Ticket Number: **. Around May 7th I received all of my furniture. While looking, I notice below issues and also notify delivery man that two of my bedroom furniture have following issues:

1) Somerset Furniture night stand bottom drawer wood is swallow (SKU – 515007195).
2) Queen Book case SKU-500422150 – Over heads light never turnoff (Part number TD101 – E493940).

3) Nightstand – SKU-515422157 – Missing Phone charging station.

Deliveryman notify his supervisor and he told me someone from Raymour and fix all this issue and he left. Since it was not promising, I called store and they said same thing that, "Someone will call you and schedule an appointment." Finally, after 10 days a guy came. He took pictures of Somerset Furniture night stand, bottom drawer wood is swallow and looked at other two issues. He made a report and said, "Someone will call you for replacement."

Since then no one has even bother to call. In fact I am calling every week too and I am hearing same story that "parts are here" and it is under inspection. Once of the customer service representative told me some time it takes over six months to get the parts from supplier. So, I told them, "Do you even realized that I got this furniture like this? It’s not my fault. Why can’t you replace? Why do I have to suffer?" She said, "We don’t offer replacement." After several attempt finally I called store two days ago 06/16 and lady who spoke to me said, "Someone will call you for sure and your issues will be resolved soon." It’s been over two days and I am still waiting for the call. I must say I have seen bad customer service but this is worst. It feels like once furniture is at customer’s home that’s it. They don’t care and I feel being cheated. This is not acceptable to me and I am also reporting these issues with BBB and NJ Consumer Affairs Division.

Original review: June 6, 2019

After 2 years, my $500 recliner's left arm/side just collapsed. I immediately called support as I bought the extended warranty. This what I was forced to write to them after the apology tour began...all apologies - ZERO ACTION. "It has been 48 hrs since your tech was here... 48 hrs since your last promise that your Management was reviewing a resolution. How many more 48 hours do you need??!! Don't bother with anymore useless apologies. Resolution is all I need." Update: So you try to call 2x today? No message? Why, because there's no action plan, no resolution?

Original review: June 6, 2019

In 2015, we purchased a dining room table and six chairs. During our visit, we were told that the Platinum Plan was superior. My husband and I were skeptical and the salesperson explained that if anything happens, water damage, spilled paint, even scratches were covered. Going as far as to say that there’s nothing they can’t and won’t repair or replace. So, we bought the coverage.

After only a month or so, my young daughter spilled some water and either didn’t realize it or failed to tell us and over the course of maybe an hour...it was discovered and I used paper towels to wipe it up. I felt a huge bubbled up spot. I was devastated and surprised because a well made table should not have bubbled like that. I called RF and was told that because I was late on my payment that I couldn’t file a claim. I certainly agree with that and the rep told me that I had until February of 2020 to make the claim.

Let me just say, my husband suffered a broken ankle on the job and suffered a loss at work for 8 weeks, so I fell behind a bit in my bills. It also didn’t help that he suffered a heart attack in the same year and so, I remained late on many of our obligations. I chatted a couple times with a Platinum Plan Rep on the RF website and each time, they’d tell me the same thing, that as soon as I got caught up I could make a claim and reiterated my February of 2020 deadline. I finally paid the furniture off. Made a claim. First, they did not call the correct cell number to set up appointment so the tech showed up today, unannounced. Spent maybe 2 minutes, and took a pic or two and said someone would call me with my options.

Not long after, I received a call (this time on the correct phone number) and message from Shawna who said that they will not cover the table due to it being what the tech says is accumulated overtime water damage. I called back to disagree and spoke with Linda. She said that when the tech gives them the pics, they’ll call me back. So, they haven’t even seen the pics and made a determination of coverage? This table was waaaay too expensive to have incurred such terrible damage in a short period of an hour. Also, the veneer is peeling at the edges of where the leaf is and we don’t take the leaf in and out, at all.

So, yes, the description was pretty when the plan was being pushed on us. Now that they have our money, the plan is pretty ugly. If you read the layout of what their plan covers, it covers my issue. I intend to take my voice to social media and forewarn the potential RF customers to think twice before purchasing the Platinum Plan. I will also be contacting an attorney.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I have been a customer for R&F for over 7 years and spent thousands of dollars there. We got a sectional for 2000$, and got Platinum protection plan, which of course promised “everything covered no matter what with one time replacement”. Well of course it’s not the case. I scheduled a service for stains and they refused to come to clean or replace the item as stains were too many to clean. Well it’s not mentioned anywhere in the policies and the manager told me customers have to fulfill their responsibility to protect furniture for policy to stay active. What a crook they are?? They just lost a customer for sure.... Besides that the sectional is extremely poor quality. Manager did not have any answers to my questions, canceled the appointment without letting us know till the day of the appointment when I called to find out everything above. Shame, shame, shame....

Original review: May 31, 2019

We spent mega bucks on a living room set and a patio set and were promised if we purchased the platinum insurance package, ANYTHING that happened to any of the pieces would be covered. Well, a tornado went through our yard and a felled tree broke the $400 glider. R&F said it is not covered! Had my husband lied and said a fat relative sat on it, that apparently it would have been covered. Will definitely look elsewhere for our furniture in the future.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I purchased a 3 piece living room set from Raymour & Flanigan in Jan 2019. I am an adult single female and I live alone with no pets so much to my surprise, the frame of my sofa snapped in May 2019. I purchased the Platinum Protection Plan so I felt I would be covered. A technician came out to my home with a 2 foot piece of plywood to reinforce an 8 foot long broken section of the frame. I thought they would at least replace the broken 8 foot board. I told the technician I did not want this “piece-mealed” repair. He explained he would have to “report me as refusing service”.

I didn’t refuse service, I just didn’t want this unacceptable repair. He said he would leave and someone from Customer Care would call me back. I called the store and asked to speak to someone about my options. I preferred replacement of the couch or come pick it up and give me my money back. I did not want a “quick fix” that voids my warranty. The sofa is only 4 month old!!! I have called the store and was told that this janky repair was my only option. I spent $1500 on a 3 piece living room set just 4 months ago and THIS is how I am treated? I will never shop here again, recommend this company to anyone and will sing my experience to ANYONE who will listen. Highly disappointed!!

Original review: May 22, 2019

We went to Raymour to purchase a Sofa and two Chairs and wound up adding a Tempur-pedic bed and adjustable frame. Let me start by saying the salesman was very knowledgeable and helpful from the very beginning and has always been supportive assisting us. My issue is with the management at the store. We paid over 12 thousand dollars in furniture purchased over friends and family to save some money. The mattress we were told was excluded from this sale and at full price which we agreed to (we were told they never go on sale). It came with one free pillow and we negotiated for another free one based on what we paid overall and they were gracious to extend it to us.

On the day of delivery there was no problem with the couches, but the bed delivered was a medium mattress and not the firm we ordered. They claimed it was the correct SKU but when we called the store the salesman assisted us and confirmed they sent the wrong mattress and they had no issue with making another delivery date to bring us the correct one while we kept the wrong one. (Apparently they had picked the incorrect mattress with the correct sku). The new mattress came the next day and all seemed fine, but we realized that the frame did not have the features we ordered (no bluetooth and no under bed light, in addition anti snore and zero gravity buttons did not work). Another call to the salesman and two days of putzing around with customer care and they ordered us a new frame to be delivered in a few days.

In the meantime the mattress went on sale for 300 dollars less than the... never goes on sale price. I called into the Customer care and everything has to funnel through the salesman, who graciously represented us to get them to honor their price protection agreement. At that point the mgt insisted I that because received a free pillow they felt it was a wash, to which I argued back and forth the pillow has nothing to do with them keeping their price guarantee policy. After three days of back and forth I told the salesman to take everything back if they can't honor their guarantee. The next call I received was that they would credit my account the difference. In the meantime the delivery men showed up with another mattress instead of a frame. I had them look at the frame in my room first and they agreed it was the correct SKU but not the correct frame.

Back on the phone with the salesman and mgmt where I was assured they were sending the correct frame in the next 2 days as it was coming from a distance. I asked them to make sure the features I paid for were on it and working. Delivery number 4 arrives and before they take it off the truck we check the frame. Same SKU that indicates it has those features but no features working. I had the delivery guys take it out of the box in my driveway and test it and they could not get the light to work or find the bluetooth or the features of anti-snore and zero gravity. The instructions showed a different bed than the SKU was as well. After much back and forth, they checked their stock and found other frames with this sku in the same condition.

They claim the manufacturer goofed and they have to go back and get a fix. In the meantime they asked us to wait as much as 3 months for a fix or we could choose to upgrade to another model for 300 dollars more. The other model has the same features but is a split king instead of a two piece head and foot king. I have been back and forth with Management and customer care. We said we would wait but I want to know why after all the money we spent and 4 failed deliveries they don't do the right thing and give me the other frame instead of inconveniencing us again. I think we went through enough.

Supposedly Management is discussing what they will do for a week days now while we wait to be inconvienenced yet again.. This is how Raymour treats its customers? Good paying customers at that. This is not only bait and switch tactics, but dishonest at its best. The salesman is great, but they won't be getting any more business from me or referrals. I will also be writing to the president of the company about this.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Good selections and excellent customer service are the main things I think of when I think of this store. Delivery is fast and efficient. Good selections of mattresses and removal of old mattress upon delivery.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I purchased a bedroom furniture in 2012. I can not even touch any part of it because the paint falls off. I never had furniture like this before. I bought 2 furniture sets. They look like I've had them for 20 years. The bad part is I paid cash for both sets.

Raymour & Flanigan Furniture Company Information