Omaha, NB

3.8/5 (282 ratings)

About Nebraska Furniture Mart

Founded by Russian immigrant Rose Blumkin or "Mrs. B" as she was affectionately known, Nebraska Furniture Mart is a home furnishings super store with Locations in Omaha, NE, Kansas City, KS, The Colony, TX and Des Moines, IA. They carry everything for the home from Furniture and Flooring to Appliances and Electronics.

Nebraska Furniture Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?

Original review: March 23, 2022

In 2020, I purchased $??k worth of upper end appliances for our new home. All appliances were installed in October. By January, 3 of my 7 kitchen appliances needed repair. My dishwasher spinner broke off which took 4 weeks to get replaced. My ice machine was not producing ice and my beverage cooler was not cooling. I called to contractor sales and spoke with a representative, whom I worked with at different times for each of the issues and he helped me with all of the issues that were occurring. I was told by this representative that I needed to come pick out a different beverage center because he had been receiving calls about similar issues with this model. Because of all the issues he went to upper management who he stated approved placing 5 year extended warranties on all of the appliances that were purchased as a way of rectifying all the recent issues I had.

Shortly after all this my dryer quit working and I had to have it repaired. So within 4 months, out of 9 new appliances, 4 of those appliances all needed repair. Absolutely ludicrous to have so many failures. So now, one year later, my ice machine, once again quits working. I called to find out what warranties I had and who to call. They claim to have no records of such an offer. They can see where I called with all of the issues on the appliances but no extended warranties exist. When I spoke with management in the contractor sales department, I was told there was nothing that could be done at this point. Really???? High prices paid on what should have been quality products to be inconvenienced multiple times for repairs to find out promises were false and nonexistent and nothing can be done to rectify multiple issues. EXTREMELY DISSASTIFIED WITH PRODUCTS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

Recommend to go here for great furniture to try to fit a older sized room. Ordered March of 2021, November delivery. Contacted in October. Will be delivered possibly by February 2022. Called to cancel order as to indefinite delivery date. Declined refund, shortly after sent email "if production hasn't started, will issue refund". Of course then they say sorry production has started. This production started in December yet still can't give a delivery date. NFM your commercial about the NFM founders says "do right by everyone". Yet you have no problem keeping a substantial amount of money from a 76 year old widow. Will not recommend you to anyone, ever. Thanks for a awful first experience.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I'm never going to use this company again. I have never had a worse experience. A YEAR LONG HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE. Not even just one mistake. It's been like 100s now!!!! I'm sick of it!!!! I picked out and placed an order for my bed in April and it was to be delivered in June then it was pushed back to July. They then pushed it back to August whatever. It finally came. The guys got here to set the bed up and they were missing a piece and couldn't put the rest of it together! They literally left it in pieces and my bed on the floor and said they'd have to come back. I was furious.

They came back a second time and DIDN'T HAVE THE SLATS AND PEGS!!!! So then a third time they come to my house (during Covid by the way) and they have H A L F of the pegs for the slats....So now I have a bed and I have to tiptoe onto it in order not to break it because Nebraska Furniture Mart wanted to screw up about a million times for one bedset. It is now November and I still do not have my PEGS for my bed that I ordered in April and I can't tell you how much I wish I didn't have to pay them a single penny again.

I put faith in them after this and decided what the heck I'll order a nightstand. They said they had a shipment coming in and I needed one so I purchased it so that they can just deliver it when it comes in in January. They didn't bother to call me about it but I called to check on my stupid bed pegs and they said they no longer have these nightstands coming in in January, even though I had purchased mine. So again I'm left screwed by NFM. I've been promised call backs from people about my issues and never get them. I always have to follow up myself and I just want nothing to do with this company anymore. This is the worst company I've ever used in my life. Don't go here.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

NFM is too big to care and is an awful brand. Customer service representative Lasonya ** won't honor resolved verbal and written resolution mutually agreed upon. I'm taking legal recourse and seeking NFM to reimburse me on all legal advice I've obtained and my court fees. K-Mart and Montgomery Wards probably thought they were all too big to fail. Apparently NFM hasn't realized that happy and return customers are the key to a successful business.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I bought a sofa & loveseat in November 2020. In October 2021 I started hearing a strange sound when we sat on the sofa. I called NFM and they sent out a technician to look at it. All three support boards of the frame had pulled loose from the frame! A week later after 3 phone calls I got the word that they weren’t going to fix it! I called the warranty company and was told that it wasn’t covered by them either. The sofa has barely been sat on! My next move is to reach out to all the people I can find from their company including the CEO!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Let me tell you my story of why I will never purchase another item from Nebraska Furniture Mart. We’ve been having issues with the refrigerator we bought from NFM for over a year and 8 months ago it stopped functioning. To make a long story short, it was still under warranty and we fought for months to get them to finally agree to replace it. All the while we did not have a working refrigerator. We were told by NFM that we would have a replacement delivered on October 25. On October 15, we received a text that it was not going to be delivered until December 20.

When I spoke to customer service to find out what was going on, the individual I spoke to was incredibly rude and dismissive. He told me that I was wrong about the delivery date of December 20th, and it was actually going to be delivered on November 22nd, which was yesterday. He also told me that we would not be charged for the new warranty that we had purchased for the new refrigerator until it had been delivered, nor would be charged for any of the new parts for the fridge, like the water line. Last week we received a call that our delivery would be on November 22nd. On Sunday, we received the call scheduling it for the afternoon of the 22nd, we bought groceries, prepared the space for the new fridge, and were excited to finally have a fully functioning kitchen again, just in time to celebrate Thanksgiving. When the installation guys showed up, did they have a refrigerator? NO. They had a water line. That’s it.

It turns out they had only scheduled the delivery of the water line for November 22nd and the refrigerator was still scheduled for December 20th. Not one person, not the rude customer service guy, not the scheduling people, not the delivery guys caught that mistake. And now we have a bunch of groceries with no refrigerator to put them in. And, on top of that, we were charged for the warranty on the refrigerator that still hasn’t been delivered. The sheer incompetence and audacity of this place. But hey, I now have a useless water line sitting in my house. Happy holidays to me, I guess.

Resolution response: Nov. 19, 2021

UPDATE: See my original review from yesterday. They replied asking me to call so they could "see if all options have been explored or see if there is anything further that can be done." So I called them after being asked to and got told there is nothing more that they will do for me. They will NOT give me back any more of the money they stole from me. So this person from their customer service center that replied to my review is just giving the standard, placating response to make them look better. They won't do anything for me to make it right. Pretty pathetic!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

They will steal your money. If you order flooring, you better know EXACTLY how much you need (good luck with that) because they just stole 45% of my money because I had 3 leftover boxes. Because their salesman estimated my measurements incorrectly. And their ridiculously short return policy is 30 days, and that information is hidden in the very small, light gray can barely read it, print on the back of their receipt page. Buried almost to the end. Like anybody reads that! If you have one of their receipts, see if you can find it?

I’ve had problems for several months since since receiving the flooring in getting a contractor to install it. After several blew me off I finally got it laid last week. Yeah, I know, NOT NFM’s problem. But the first thing that is very legible, on the front of their receipt in bold a statement about how COVID disruptions have affected their ability to deliver on time, etc., etc. Yet they make no concessions to their customers except to offer to steal 45% of your money.

The last time I bought flooring, it was from Lowe’s and I remember returning extra later. I couldn’t tell you how much later because Lowe’s didn’t care. I do know it was longer than 30 days and that Lowe’s return policy is 90. And they don’t even stick by that. I’ve returned things there after 6 months. Lowe’s is at least interested in keeping customers happy. NFM is NOT. I asked the “lead” in flooring, his name was Camden...(they wouldn’t even get me actual manager, but a “lead”). I asked him if they seriously wouldn’t eat $70 to make a lifelong customer happy and if the unreasonably high restocking fee of 45% could be lowered to something more reasonable, even 25%. But no, he wouldn’t budge and threatened me that I was about to not even get the return at all.

So what choice did I have but let them steal 45% of my money? It was that or 100% of it and I would be stuck with 3 extra boxes of flooring that would never be needed. My advice: Buy your flooring at LOWE’s or Home Depot has nice stuff. Those places know how to treat customers. NFM doesn’t, they just want your money.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Spent thousands of dollars and was so happy to see my store credit was paid off with zero balance. The following month balance was $1,500 in forbearing interest! Set automatic payments to cover deferred interest. What happened is all payments went to current balance and they ripped me off on the back end of 64 month financing! I am surprised Attorney General did not come after them as a lot of good folks got took. Will never buy a single thing again from these swindlers that's for sure. Noticed the long term finance is long gone. Now they offer no more than credit card companies 24-48 months. The long term finance part of NFM was the only thing that made them a good option. Surprised they are still in business...

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I was let go at work. I fell behind, but started making payments again catching up. I logged in today to make a payment and my account was no longer in the NFM system. They sent me to collections. They said they tried to contact me (which they didn't) and the took my payments for the last few months w/o any issues. They told me there was nothing they could do to fix it as it went to a 3rd party.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I recently purchased flooring from NFM, and when their contracted crew showed up to install my flooring and move my appliances they damaged them and then claimed they did not. When I filed a claim with NFM they sided with the crew and left me with damage. Beware when you work with them as they will not stand with their customers when the crews they contract with do damage to your home - Beware.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Hi Richard, I apologize your appliances were damaged, I understand that's frustrating. If you would like to dispute the results of the claim, feel free to contact our Flooring Customer Service team at 1(800)359-1200 EXT: 69979.

Nebraska Furniture Mart Company Information