1.42/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Omaha, NB

Founded by Russian immigrant Rose Blumkin or "Mrs. B" as she was affectionately known, Nebraska Furniture Mart is a home furnishings super store with Locations in Omaha, NE, Kansas City, KS, The Colony, TX and Des Moines, IA. They carry everything for the home from Furniture and Flooring to Appliances and Electronics.

193 Nebraska Furniture Mart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Always had good experiences, till they sent the last guy out. Tom was his name. He was sent out to fix our remote. He did not know how or what he was doing and was very rude and totally unprofessional. He unprogrammed everything, they had no ideal what to do. He called someone then said, "It’s too high for me to fix, we will have to come back." He did with the other installer that has been to her home and taking care of us in the past. He tried to show Tom how. However Tom was very rude even to him not to mention to us again. So the tall installer I forget his name took care of us and fixed the problem.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We purchased $6 thousand dollars in new appliances from NFM in April. They didn’t get installed until June first because of remodeling the kitchen and moving. The gas oven doesn’t work and still waiting on GE to fix. Now 3 months later our brand new refrigerator isn’t working! We lost all the food in our freezer and refrigerator. GE only has a repair guy work Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. NFM won’t do anything because it’s been over 30 days! Poor customer service! We will never purchase anything from them again! Very disappointed!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Let’s just say they were supposed bring and set up bedroom set. When something looked a little out of the ordinary they were trying to get out of doing the job with the bed. Calling boss to try and get out of doing it. I mean seriously: it’s just an adjustable base meant to be placed on boards and mattress on top. That’s it! So when they left, bed left in assembled and didn’t even put in the slats in!!! Heavy ** Mattress left in my living room and dresser still in plastic. I am soooooo ticked off right now!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I went to the store in the Colony for the very first time this past weekend to purchase some items for my new home that I just bought. Before I went in I decided to apply for credit that way I knew how much I would be able to spend. I received a call the day I applied telling me how much I was approved for and all I needed to do when I went to purchase the items at checkout. All I needed to do is show my ID. We finally found the items that I was looking for. I went to check out like I was told and showed them my ID. They were able to pull up my name and address but no other information was found. They saw that an account was opened and closed on the same day which I never closed the account. They ran my credit without asking me at checkout after asking for the same information that was given originally.

The gentleman helping me was very confused on why the account was opened and closed the same day. He called someone at the finance department and was told that they needed to speak to us regarding what was going on. After speaking with the finance department we were told that we didn't qualify for the NFM card but another option they have. I was very frustrated because we were never told when the original phone call was made what type of financing we were approved for. If we would have known we would have made sure we wouldn't have wasted 20 minutes at check out and looking for my information and assuming we were financing our items through NFM and not through Smart Lease. It’s another department we had to wait another 30 minutes to speak to someone. Due to this situation it will be my first and last time shopping here.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Went to NFM to purchase new kitchen appliances. Picked out a refrigerator, gas range and microwave. The salesman told us that we would get 10% off the refrigerator and range because of the NFM Plus sale that was going on. When we went to the register the 10% discount did not apply. They called the floor manager who said the discount should have applied on the range but not the refrigerator. We reiterated that the salesman told us both had a discount and showed them the picture we took of the sticker on the front of the refrigerator.

We were then told that the discount only applied for the black stainless not the regular stainless. Are you kidding me? There is a sticker on the refrigerator and the salesman told us it was eligible for the discount and you are not going to honor it. Ridiculous! We cancelled our whole order. We have been doing business with NFM for over 20 years and have never had a situation like this. Very disappointed. We’ll take our money elsewhere. You are no longer our go to store.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

People, I bought $2700 furniture from Nebraska Furniture on 0% APR for 18 months, I was one payment behind and they are charging me $642 as interest rate, I spoke customer care and manager, no one gave me single dollar waiver. I would say, Never go to Nebraska on 0% APR purchase, it is simply making customer fool and get lots and lots of interest money from customer. I am helpless now and no option, I must have to pay $642.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Sanjay, We're sorry to hear you were charged interest on your account. We can look further into this for you and determine if there are any further options. Please contact us at your earliest convenience at 1(800)359-1200 Ext: 22420.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Came to the Colony, TX store and make a purchase for multiple furniture and paid extra $89.99 for the in-home delivery and setup. Sales A finished my order (# **) and told me since furniture not in stock yet, it will be delivered 2 weeks later, and during this time I am welcome to buy anything extra and it will be included in the same $89.99 fee. So I called in a week later and purchased several more furniture, and I told the sales B on the phone multiple times of my name/phone/previous order# so that he can just add it together.

However, on the delivery date, I only got delivered for items from my first order. And when I called in giving them my name/phone, they said your order will be delivered on another time. Then I have to take work off to wait at home for the 2nd time, and when their truck came, driver just wanted to leave the furniture boxes on the outside drive-way. I said I paid full setup price. Driver said no, my order (**) shows no setup no $89.99 paid at all. When I called delivery manager, he told me this is a different order hence they can't do anything.

Obviously the Sales B didn't combine them together (I have to evilly think, he did this on purpose otherwise he won't get sales commission). I asked them to correct the problem and let driver set it up. Delivery manager said driver has to take my furniture back to store, and I have to deal with CSR, and then transferred my phone out, and driver just left. CSR not taking my phone call at all after several long wait and not calling me back at all. After placed my order 3 weeks, I still not getting my furniture nor hearing anything from the store. Very disappointment experience and will not buy from them again. There are many furniture stores in Dallas area, I will shop around.

Di Wang,

We can look further into this for you. Can you please provide the billing address (including zip code) on your account?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

The first time I went to the store I was really impressed. My second visit was horrible. I spent 5 hours, too many sales associates to count and too much telling me they can't do something I need when I am trying to buy something. I had to find a sales associate in every department because of their ** up system. This last visit was the worst. They told my disabled veteran husband that he had to go search the entire store for a specific pillow, even though we had the SKU and asked them to order it but because of their flawed system they couldn't. We wanted to buy 4 items but again too many sales associates for a very complex unfriendly system to the consumer. We will not be returning and I am going to be looking at contacting the ADA about my husband's treatment. My review is also on Google.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

We bought a $4000 sofa 6 mos ago. Large quantities of feathers are coming through fabric. Cushions are losing density, feathers hurt, it’s messy. NFM sent a rep out who agreed this is a defect and assured us NFM would work with the manufacturer to resolve the issue.... but now they are changing their tune. We are so disappointed. We just placed another order yesterday for bedroom furniture because we were confident NFM would fix this issue with the manufacturer and stand behind their product. Now needing to fight it out with management I suppose and cancel our order.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

We bought a table in Spring. The finish on the top of it came completely off. I called yesterday and told them at the top finish was completely off and they call me back today. They tell me that they are sending me a replacement table September 13th. Awesome customer service.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Would of left 0 stars if I could but in order to write a review warning others I had to leave 1 star. When purchasing our hardwood and carpet over $12,000 at the promotion 66 month financing we got a shocking bill. Payment due on our bill was over $500 when we thought it would be $200. NFM says it clearly states minimum payment due is 4% of balance. That promotion is only 66 months interest free. It's a total scam like person previously said in a review. Never at any of the other retailers I got 0% have done this. Not Home Depot, Lowe’s or Best Buy. It's a wonder NFM stays in business with their misleading commercials. What a shame. Will never step foot in NFM again.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

This is my 3rd bad experience with Nebraska Furniture Mart. I just finished a call after 33 minutes to be told an order that I'm suppose to pick up tomorrow morning will not be here--and they could do nothing about it. I ordered 5 lamps for a large training - used the pics of the lamps in the training slides - went with all pieces of our SHINE training. Beforehand, I went to the store, talked to customer service before placing order and was told no problem at all picking up by the 16th - ordered on the 7th and then called on the 15th and told they have nothing to give me and can do nothing about it.

My order receipt said I could pick up one lamp that day, two lamps being shipped 24 hours and the last two lamps would be at The Colony by the 14th. Nebraska Furniture Mart is a store with integrity issues, terrible customer service and no one will take ownership or help you when they drop the ball. I WILL NEVER buy anything from this store again, and I suggest you never order anything if you are in a time sensitive situation. They need to learn - each person I spoke with said they could do nothing to help... How is that possible. Who is training this customer service department?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

WIll give zero star if there is that option. We started a project back on June 10th 2018, explained to salesperson Derek ** in Colony, TX location that our contractor will be at the house in 1 week and has such can only uses stock items. Was promised that would received a call on following Monday Jun 11th for delivery time. Nothing happened. Repeat calling, left messages with no return call. Returned to store on Jun 16th and talked to Derek ** again, promised again that they will confirmed next Monday. Nothing happened. To make long story short, they did not have everything in stock and since contractor is already started, we were force to ask our contractor to go to store to pick up small batches. After escalating to department manager Tim **, 2 more trips later and visited store on July 17, found out that their record showed that we had received all our tiles already.

Having spend another 2 hours later, then they were finally realized that they made mistake and we finally received the delivery on remaining balance of our tiles on July 19th. Thought this was over, received the Nebraska furniture credit statement, found out that we were overcharged by 819 dollars. After calling them for another week, Tim finally returned our call today on 8/12/2018. His explanation was that because the tile we ordered which was priced at $0.99/sq ft was out so they substitute our tile with a different tile at $2.00/sq ft.

We are trying to contact them again to see if we can return the entire order of that tile. Over the last 2 months. We had paid our contractor to do additional work other than tile because of tile delivery issues and now, we are facing with the final pricing/item issue. This is not the first home improvement project we have in our house as we do a project every few years but will be last we will be purchasing through Nebraska Furniture.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Last month, I bought $3,500 worth of furniture from NFM. The bedroom suite I chose is too big for my bedroom, so have a request for a return, they are picking up tomorrow so we will see how this goes. I chose another one online but they didn't have it on display so I decided to keep shopping until I was certain. I call to cancel the one I found online and order a kitchen island, I was hoping to get the island delivered when they picked up my bedroom suite. The CSR I spoke with, I believe his name was Mikey, did okay with canceling the order but not okay with taking the new order, he made this clear through his tone on the phone. Well I pushed a little and he ended up taking my order for the island, I remember this in detail because he made it clear that he did not want to take my order. Well a week ago, I decide to send them a chat and find out all of the delivery details.

The online rep. stated that there was not an order placed for my kitchen island! At this point, I am a little frustrated so decide to talk to a manager who could pull the call. I get a guy named Ryan, I believe, not great with names, and ask him to pull the call, he also sounds put out by my request and offers no apology. I wait on hold for a long time and then he comes back to the phone, says he has Mikey there, who does not remember me placing the order and says he has pulled the 2 min. call and I did not place an order for the island... So first, I KNOW that I placed the order because I remember I had to push him to do it, which he didn't, and THEN, Mikey or your manager has cut the call off or is BLATANTLY lying to me. Either or is highly unethical, and for what, not wanting to admit fault. I really can't believe this happened. Shame on your company for employing such a sad workforce.

Original review: July 23, 2018

I purchased luxury vinyl plank flooring from Nebraska Furniture Company. Within 90 days, the flooring exhibited dents from lightweight kitchen dinette chairs which had rubber casters. I weigh 170 lb. Nebraska Furniture Company (NFC) sent an independent contractor to take a sample, look at installation and then file a report back to NFC and the manufacturer. The manufacturers response was that the flooring was responding as it was engineered. That is the most damning response which they could give. NFC; however, is refunding the cost of the flooring, as well as the cost for removal. I purchased a different product from NFC and became a "Customer for Life".

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Thank you for the 5 Star Review, Jay! We appreciate you choosing Nebraska Furniture Mart and look forward to helping you again.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I purchased a Samsung stove from NFM in September of 2016. I purchased their extended warranty. The porcelain on the bottom of the oven is cracking (Like a spider web). I was told by a service man that this was not caused by abuse. NFM WILL NOT honor their extended warranty. They state that this is a cosmetic issue and does not affect the operation of the oven. They will not honor their warranty coverage. Due to the spider webbing I cannot use the Steam clean feature.

Original review: July 17, 2018

My husband and I just bought a new house and decided to furnish almost the entire house by purchasing furniture at NFM (over $10,000). We were then informed that due to the number of weeks required to make our sectional we would not be receiving our furniture for over 2 months. Even though I am very pregnant (high risk and possibly going on bed rest) and would have no furniture to sit on we decided we would make it work for those 2 months. When scheduling our delivery NFM took it upon themselves to decide what furniture would be delivered at each of our deliveries (we had 2). The second delivery included our very large sectional, ottoman and a small entertainment center. Since this was all going in the same room we agreed to it. At that time everything was in stock except our custom sectional.

Fast forward to 2 months later (2 weeks before furniture was to arrive). My husband receives an automated voicemail stating that due to our small entertainment center now being on back order (of which it wasn’t when we purchased it) they took it upon themselves to move our delivery for all the furniture out another month. This meant we would be waiting over 3 months for furniture we ordered. We did not agree to this change. No one called us to discuss this. My husband call them immediately back and stated that is unacceptable and we do not agree to the change, especially since they decided to wait to deliver the entertainment center causing it to become back ordered. My husband was then told that in the 30 mins since he received the call the one truck coming to our area was now full. They already replaced our spot and couldn’t deliver it.

They admitted this was their fault/mistake and the delivery should have never been moved and someone was supposed to call us first but yet continued with it. We were then told since our order was so large they could order another truck and still deliver our furniture. 2 days later we receive another voicemail stating they were not going to get another truck and we would be waiting an extra month. My husband explained that I am very pregnant (high risk and possibly going on bed rest) and had been sitting on the floor. Yet they still decided to do nothing to fix their mistake.

My husband continued to speak with supervisors to see what could be done. The last lady he spoke with (located at the corporate office in Nebraska) stated that there was no one above her that dealt with these matters and there was nothing she could do except offer us a small credit to help cover the cost of renting a truck ourselves and driving the total of 4 hours to pick it up, remind you I am pregnant and high risk and they now want me to come pick it up. However, the amount she offered wouldn’t cover the entire cost and we had already paid the delivery fee. Needless to say they DO NOT HAVE GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE and are not willing to fix their own mistakes. I am considering losing my deposit for the sectional and canceling my entire order. I have never been treated so poorly by a company. We will never be returning to NFM!

Original review: July 12, 2018

I live in an apartment, and management got me a new fridge from NFM. I was told my fridge would be delivered last Saturday. I took the day off work to be here, they did not show up or call. They said the one they were to deliver was dented, but they didn't let me know. They showed up Thursday, but would not take the old fridge. They said it wasn't on the work order. I'm certain it was on the work order from Saturday! They would not change the side the doors open from and were not friendly or professional. Highly dissatisfied with their delivery team.

Resolution response: July 12, 2018

i resolved it myself. I have decided to never do a penies worth of business with this company.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I just had the second worst experience with the terrible deliverymen I've had from the Nebraska Furniture Mart this morning. I am ceasing ever buying anything from them in the future the way my last 2 deliveries transpired. I bought a $2000 65in TV at Thanksgiving of 2017. It came the last week of January. One delivery carried it to my door with the screen on his shoulder pad. Then he told me he could not set it up and he was going to leave it in the box in my living room. I had to call some friends in town that would come over a few days later to unpack it. NFM is supposed to set up TV's.

This morning I had a new washing machine delivered. They were supposed to set it up. I was told because I had a little blue on the brass under the water valve they wouldn't do it. Numerous times we went back and forth with the Furniture Mart by phone. Then we were told another crew that would do it was going to come later today. That too, was a lie because the first two guys showed back up. I had my father come over to supervise and I told him not to let the bigger one (Ray) break anything. I came back home 10 minutes later to find they now had the washer in the basement instead of the living room where they left it the first time.

Now I have to hire someone to come over to level it so it has a chance not to wobble and shake itself to another early death, because they failed to do any of it the second time they came today. Why doesn't the Nebraska Furniture Mart have better delivery personnel manning their trucks I wonder? Maybe they have too much job security at their jobs. The last 4 guys that came here should be demoted to pushing brooms as well as they took care of us!

Original review: July 7, 2018

One weekend my significant other and I spent two days shopping at NFM. We ended up purchasing $10,000 worth of items to be shipped at a later date. We ended up moving before our shipment and needed to change our shipping address. Apparently the new address was not on their shipping route. Even though it was 11 miles up the road from our previous home, they were going to charge us $3000 for delivery. Original delivery cost was $195. Needless to say, we ended up canceling our entire order. Not happy.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I’ve had nothing but problems with NFM. Furniture sucks. The installers suck and I’ve finally learned my lesson. I spent over $3,000 on carpet installation. I bought the top of the line Anso Nylon pet resistant stain resistant carpet. When I purchased the carpet I had just got puppies and was hesitant about getting carpet at all. But the saleslady at the KC location told me the carpet was the best, pet stains wouldn’t stain and they would bead right up. LIES. I’m now dealing with trying to get my carpet replaced because I don’t just have pet iron stains but also dirt stains where professional cleaning hasn’t gotten them up.

The guy that came out for my claim looked at the iron stains put some ** cleaner and says that the stains are from neglect and won’t be replaced. FIRST OFF I have 4 other rooms with stains that don’t have URINE in them that they don’t want to covert because they are a scam of a company. Secondly the carpet is supposed to NOT STAIN AND RESIST PET URINE!!! This is not my fault and I’m severely disgusted with Scot the scam of a claim guy that came out and Kerri the lady who wants to deny my claim and say that her manager will tell me the same thing. MY carpet was installed by some nasty family that doesn’t even have a proper family that walked ALL OVER MY WHITE BRAND NEW CARPET. With their nasty farm shoes.

Then they cut my padding and used duct tape under the entire carpet where they “accidentally cut the middle of the pad”. Then they don’t even cut out my damn bedroom vents! They were in my house from 8 am-7 pm. I MOVED ALL MY FURNITURE AND RIPPED UP ALL THE OLD CARPET. If they hadn’t of been done who knows how ** long they would have taken to work. I have square even rooms. It’s not that hard. I’m ranting now but don’t ever buy from NFM. They don’t know how to treat customers!

Original review: June 26, 2018

Over 2 weeks ago I purchased a mattress and platform frame from NFM (Omaha) and was told that the mattress would be delivered the following weekend due to I don't get home till 4 pm weekdays and they don't deliver after 4 pm. I received a text message later that week saying that my mattress would be delivered that Saturday between 9-11 am. At 7 am that Saturday morning, I was woke up by the manager of the delivery warehouse saying that they had lost/misplaced my mattress in the warehouse and that they had a "team" of people trying to locate it. While on the phone, the manager said that when they found it, it would be delivered but right before he hung up with me he said that he was just going to reschedule for the following weekend and I reluctantly complied.

The following Thursday I get a text message saying that my mattress will be delivered on that Saturday morning between 9-11 am. At 8:30 am on Saturday I was once again called saying that they still could not find my mattress and that they would once again have to reschedule delivery. I stated my displeasure with their work practices and made it very clear that I was not happy. Later that day the very nice gentleman that had sold me the mattress (Alex **) called to say how sorry he was and apologized for the screw up just like everyone else I had spoken to about it.

He stated that the mattress I had picked out was discontinued and that the one that they showed being in the warehouse was the last one but that sometimes the tags fall off and the warehouse people don't put the mattresses in the correct spots or that it just never gets found again because of it not having a tag. He said that he had contacted the supplier and could get one rushed up and I would have it the following weekend with $150 taken off for the hassle or I could just come in and get a refund of the $2000+ that I had paid up front. I told him how upset I was and that I would be in the following day and make my decision. On Sunday I went back to NFM and found Alex. I had decided to pick out a different mattress.

The mattress I picked out was $75 more than my original mattress and definitely in the warehouse but instead of letting that $75 slide for all the inconvenience so far, I was forced to pay the upcharge for the new mattress by. I asked about the $150 off to cover the $75 upcharge and when Alex called his manager about it the manager said NO. Needing a bed that Alex had arranged to be delivered today (Monday June 25, 2018) and not having any options I had no choice but to pay. So here it is Monday evening and still no bed. The delivery was sent to my old address which is 10 minutes away from my new address. So I get a call saying that my bed is scheduled for Tuesday now because they won't come 10 more minutes down the road.

My new address was on the original order so I don't know how my old address got in there. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Alex was great. He busted his butt to do the right thing by me once he found out that there was a problem. His manager would not allow any other discounts or anything thrown in to make up for the hassle and inconvenience to a customer. I was required to give them at least 1 star to do this complaint and that star definitely goes to Alex for all his hard work in helping me. NFM has been a great place for years but something has definitely changed since Mrs. B's time when customer loyalty and customer service definitely do not come first. You always say that things like this won't happen to me. When you read things like this, still they do.

I have been in the transportation industry for nearly 30 years and never seen an operation that has waited to the last minute to look for a product to be delivered. Once they have your money they could care less about your inconvenience. I bet things would change if we didn't pay for services until they were completed like they used to. My hope is that this review makes it back to NFM and changes are made. A promise was made with payment and their promise to deliver... Well looks like I got scammed.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response
    Hello Mattheu, We are sorry to learn of your recent experience with us. It is disheartening to know we have inconvenienced your schedule so much. We would like to offer a resolution but I was unable to locate your order with your name. Will you please contact us via live chat or email at the following link or (402) 397-6100 extension 22445 with identifying details. We appreciate your business and look forward to connecting with you!

Original review: June 19, 2018

Worst experience ever. I would not recommend NFM. Note several issues - We purchased vinyl flooring. NFM subcontracts the installation. The contractor that was sent out could not speak English thus unable to communicate with me about the flooring installation. Part of the floor was installed with a 'commercial' pattern instead of the residential pattern. Plus other installation issues, like nails sticking out, used white caulk on our brown/gray flooring. Contacted NFM customer service, spoke with Roe. She has been the only helpful individual at NFM. She has had to contact the subcontractor several times just to have them come out to the house to inspect the issues with installation, and then to schedule another appointment to reinstall the flooring.

NFM requires you to order 'extra' flooring but when I asked about how to return the extra, I was told it was subject to a 25% restocking fee because it was a special order floor. So they require the customer to order more product than needed and than charge to return it. Finally, we purchased on 66 month financing/0% interest. Our understanding was would have 66 months to make payments to pay it off. At no time, were we told that credit card payment is subject to a 4% of the balance payment. This makes the payment double what it would be if you figure 66 months zero percent divided by the balance. BUYER BEWARE!!

Update: NFB left a standard BS reply. "Please contact us." Which I did and followed their instructions. To which I received this information from them. "Thank you for your correspondence. We are sorry to hear of this issue. Unfortunately, web support is not qualified to assist with flooring inquiries or issues as we are not trained in the processes, policies, or products. I will make sure to annotate this in your account for reference. I hope that this is helpful. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day and thank you again for shopping with Nebraska Furniture Mart..."

Original review: June 12, 2018

30 days ago I purchased a $7,000 mattress from NFM. We spent several hours in the store with the same sales representative to make sure we got the best mattress and to understand what a large investment this was and our options. My fiance and I both have lower back pain so a mattress was very important to us. I sleep hot and also made this well known to the sales representative that this was a big issue in what we chose. He informed us that it takes 30 days to break-in and we gave it the time. This mattress has been horrible and I have not had a solid night's sleep since. It has affected my life in a very negative way. We asked every question in the book as far as the 120 day guarantee and that we could return both the mattress and adjustable base. He again confirmed that we could. This is a lot of money and he told us multiple times that we could return everything.

I contacted customer service today and they told me the bases were not returnable but they could do a 30% restocking fee. I could come in the store and pick out a new Tempur-Pedic. We chose the Tempur-Pedic for the "cooling technology" which did not work, so why would I want to purchase another? I am now going to be charged almost $1,000 from NFM for something that the sales representative was dishonest about. We paid to have our old mattress hauled away. I feel lied to and screwed over by NFM and am left with a hefty bill. I have been a customer with NFM for almost 10 years and have never been more disappointed with them or the level of service I am receiving. On top of the money lost am I still supposed to spend more money with them to have something to sleep on?

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Peyton, We are sorry you are encountering issues. We can look further into this for you and see if there are any other options. Please contact us at 1(800)359-1200, chat at nfm.com, or email at contact.us@nfm.com.

Original review: June 7, 2018

My wife spent $2000 on the laptop I really wanted from their Omaha location and when I got home, it was defective. I took it back to the store and they said that I had to call the manufacturer for a warranty. I called the manufacturer and they said it was sold to the mart as defective equipment, even though it was sold me as new, and at the new item price, and they could do nothing for me. After that, my refrigerator and dishwasher went out around the same time. I had bought the two before the laptop, but after the laptop debacle, they both went out, well within their warranty period. I called the mart to see what I have to do to have them repaired or replaced under warranty, they said call the manufacturer. Called the manufacturer, and they said the same as the laptop company, "this item was sold to Nebraska Furniture Mart as a defective item from our warehouse and therefore is not covered by any warranty."

In the end, after some internet searching, I find out this is a practice they have used since the early days of selling appliances when Mrs. B was still alive. It was even stated that was their practice in the Warren Buffett bio: Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist, in the chapter talking about him buying the business from Mrs. B. Stay away from anything that plugs into a wall or needs power in any way if you are shopping at Nebraska Furniture Mart, or YOU WILL GET BURNED!!!

Original review: May 21, 2018

I was told by sales person Makenzie ** in clearance dept that NFM was running the no interest on clearance items for the Mother's Day weekend special. I asked her twice if that was right because they had never done before and she said, "Yes, because of Mother's Day." Needless to say I bought over 1000.00 of product being assured was interest free. I signed and paid on the iPad for purchases and then she handed me the paperwork and said order number is in corner. I had no reason to doubt what she said and folded the receipts and went on my way. Got my statement and no interest free. I called and left message for salesperson 3xs to call but never did return call. I called in and they basically said, "It doesn't say interest free on your receipt." It says further down order does not qualify for special financing. So it was too bad so sad.

Also other issues had to wait over hr and 15 mins just to get what we bought 'cause couldn't find part of order. We weren't told this until I flagged a guy down and asked what was taking so long. Needless to say the other big furniture companies will be getting my business along with my rental business. Oh but wait, they will let the salesperson know so it can be a training lesson. Course it doesn't help us and she knew what she was saying, obviously hadn't had any sales and needed some. I should know to always read a receipt no matter who says what.

Original review: May 9, 2018

We purchased a leather glider recliner, leather glider sofa, Guard gold plan, and Guard furniture care kit from NFM in The Colony, TX. The purchase was made with a new credit account from NFM. We told the salesman twice that we wanted REAL leather. We were led to believe the furniture we bought was exactly that. These items are not even close and we feel duped. DURABLEND furniture is what we were sold and it's garbage. We have used the care kit as directed by the box. This sofa and chair we have now are cracked and the leather shows signs of wear near the seams. We don't have visitors that come over often and we don't wear abrasive clothing either. We take care of my items so that we don't have to write a review like this.

Shortly after the purchase, we asked NFM to come and get the sofa as one of the recliners was bent due to it being a floor model. A new sofa was delivered as promised. We were gifted a brown leather sofa from their competitor Rooms to Go over 10 years ago. That sofa never cracked or peeled within the first year it was given to us. It survived numerous moves from Texas to Florida and back and did not show signs of age up until last year. We used a leather care kit on it as well and it did not come with a leather protection plan either.

Our family from out of state recently visited and we felt so embarrassed to have them see the shape of this furniture knowing it was less than a year old. If we could go back and find a way to keep that sofa we would and we never would have stepped foot in that store at all. I complained to them and they offered a 500 in store credit and dye to fix the fading. NOT SATISFIED AT ALL... What's a dye going to do when a few months later the furniture will still look a hot mess??? We got suckered into the big store and motto and you definitely made your money off us...

Original review: April 26, 2018

Less than 30 days after purchasing a Klaussen living room set One of the floor protectors came off of the ottoman footing. Had I known then what I now realize, I would returned the furniture since I was still in the 30 day time limit. However, I thought I would just give them the benefit of the doubt and they were very quick to get me new floor protector to replace it. I have noticed that the leather just isn't as "pretty" and soft looking as previously owned leather furniture. Now, here we are just less than 60 days after purchase and another floor protector has come off the bottom of the chair. And the foot is not secure and turns crooked often.

This gave me more pause and reason for concern. Of course now I am past the returning ability but upon doing some digging and research I have found indeed that this furniture is not the quality I feel it was presented as and even have found the exact same set online at Sam's for $1000 less total than what we paid. Of course the response I received was that they would not be able to do anything about the price because the price guarantee is for 30 days. Very disappointed. I will say that the cust service is quick to respond and very professional and eager to send new parts, but that doesn't make up for the poor quality I feel like. I just wish I had been smarter and not so quick to buy upon sight in the store- esp when the same set is being sold at a large warehouse store for $1000 less.

Resolution response: July 23, 2018

After 3 months my issue has been resolved. My floors are still damaged. We did each a settlement offer which were okay with. Kimberly assisted us towards the end of this mess, she was awesome. However, this ordeal has been stressful and nightmare. We do not recommend this place to anyone.

Original review: April 21, 2018

We purchased a refrigerator for $1900, it was a great deal. Which seemed too good to be true. Well, it was. The refrigerator came damaged so my husband and I called customer service who offered a $75 credit to use in the store and $50 of our credit card. That's a joke, $125 off of a damaged product that was $1900? We declined and we requested a new refrigerator. We ended up noticing a dent in our floor that was made by the delivery drivers in front of the bottom left corner where the refrigerator rested. We were gonna let it slide until we noticed the dents from the dolly led all the way to the front door. So we planned on calling them and speaking with customer service about it today, when our new refrigerator was supposed to be delivered. We received a call letting us know they would be here in 30 or 45 minutes so we opened up the front door and we waited.

Soon I get a call from the store telling me that delivery drivers were at our house and we were not answering the door or our phones. Nobody ever showed up at our house. We did miss a call from a different number my guess the passenger so we called the driver and the passenger back, at first they were sending our calls to voicemail then they decided to pick up the phone and hang it up. So I called customer service to let them know and they let me know that the drivers weren't answering and what try again.

After being on hold for 10 minutes they came back and said the driver did not want to come back. What kind of customer service is that? The driver didn't want to come back even though they were never here in the first place? So because their driver does not know how to properly read house numbers or pick up the phone we now have to wait for our merchandise to be delivered again? We ended up requesting to speak to a manager who didn't seem that upset that we decided to cancel our order all together and asked for a full refund. We did let him know about are damaged floors and he said we would need to send pictures and an insurance claim would be opened. I have zero faith that this issue will be resolved and judging from all the other reviews that I've read on multiple sites the seems to be the norm with this company. Now I am out of a refrigerator and have a lovely parting gift from this joke of a company.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Sadly disappointed. My husband and I spent 3 hours taping specs due to size of living room and wanted it to be perfect! To us this was a big purchase. Sadly when arrived the loveseat was 10" yes 10 inches smaller than stated on website and still shows incorrect dimensions, even after their manager (Marlene) has confirmed with me over the phone that NFM typed incorrectly. The manager which had an attitude for my situation as "oh well". Again I was surprised. I had to ask if there was anything that will be done in this situation, only then was I offered something.

I requested they confirm with manufacturer the specs on sofa, in case NFM was wrong on this information as well. They stated that they would confirm and call me back. Well... a week later and NO callback. I definitely expected more from NFM. I just got off the phone with Judy a customer service rep. Very nice! Actually continued to work on my situation even when I was off the phone and reached out to me to state that was still investigating the situation and truly was wanting to help me. Thank you for your efforts! We are going to see if their loveseat is the correct measurement and swap mine out (which is what I requested initially). Keep fingers crossed.

Nebraska Furniture Mart Company Information