Nebraska Furniture Mart

Nebraska Furniture Mart Reviews

Omaha, NB

Overall Rating2.5 out of 5

About Nebraska Furniture Mart

Founded by Russian immigrant Rose Blumkin or "Mrs. B" as she was affectionately known, Nebraska Furniture Mart is a home furnishings super store with Locations in Omaha, NE, Kansas City, KS, The Colony, TX and Des Moines, IA. They carry everything for the home from Furniture and Flooring to Appliances and Electronics.

Nebraska Furniture Mart Reviews

ConsumerAffairs has collected 352 reviews and 707 ratings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?

Reviewed Oct. 7, 2023

Ordered sectional couch. One portion of the couch was delivered damaged to NFM and they delivered undamaged section. Customer service couldn't give me a date as to when it would arrive. Every time I spoke with customer service they were extremely rude. NFM called this week (over two months since undamaged portion of couch delivered) and we setup delivery for today, finally. When the sectional arrived today - it was damaged again. Take your business elsewhere, as I will doing the same. Completely unacceptable.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2023

If I could give a zero I would. We had a dryer delivered and it never worked. Got the run around from customer service saying we had to contact the manufacturer. Since it never worked I feel NFM should just replace. They had delivery tech come out and confirmed it wasn't working and that they will order a new one for us. 2 weeks later nothing. Contacted NFM again and they still say we need to contact the manufacturer. I have been without a dryer working for months. They do not stand by the product they deliver and pass the buck off to the manufacturer. I would understand this if the dryer worked THEN broke, but this dryer has NEVER worked since it had been delivered. With as much $$ as we have spent there I expect better.

Thanks for your vote! Report

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed Aug. 21, 2023

Shifting the blame on consumers for orders when products are said to be in stock but are not. NFM seems to think that it’s ok to allow you to order items that are in stock but then are not. We ordered a refrigerator that was in stock. Delivery was set then we get a call they needed to delay it by two days. Ok fine but then that date goes by and now I get an email. Item not in stock new arrival date is now 45 days. After a useless call to their customer service my only option is to cancel an order or wait. I asked when will it arrive. Answer- we have an estimate. Really you only have estimates, this is how you control your inventory? My best guess was it was on sale but when a customer who paid more got my refrigerator instead.

Now they want to delay it in an effort to get me to cancel it when it’s an item they stock. So they stock it but can’t get mine to me in 45 days? On the same order we purchased an ice maker. It will not arrive for four months. Odd because I can go to another appliance store, special order it and get it in 30 days. Yet NHF charges me for items I don’t have. Can’t use and they refuse to make good on deliveries? Wow-hope they go out of business so the small guys can stay in business.

Installation & SetupContract & TermsPricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Aug. 3, 2023

What a terrible experience from start to finish... well I'm not at the finish yet because I'm on month 5 of my 2-3 week project and I'm living out of suitcases and boxes with my house a disaster zone because of contractor and NFM screwups. It took me 2-3 months to place an order before that as salesperson after salesperson kept losing my order and I kept having to start over from scratch. I made dozens of trips to NFM from downtown Dallas wasting all sorts of time out of loyalty because I have been a BRK shareholder for 25+ years. That wasted time is on top of the 5 months (and still going!) of the actual renovation.

NFM fired the contractor who initially bid my job (without telling me) but NFM had me order materials even though they knew they would not honor the labor quote I had been given. I ordered $15K of materials in reliance upon NFM's representations that the install price had been determined and I had those materials delivered. Of course the contractor was a "no show" at three scheduled deliveries to my high rise in downtown so I had to keep rescheduling and THAT is how I found out that they had fired my contractor.

So NFM delivered and charged me for $15K materials when they weren't willing to honor the labor quote I had been given (because NFM fired the contractor) and now I had $15K of materials in my highrise condo, all my furniture was moved to clear for the flooring install and NFM had nobody ready to do the job as agreed. At the risk of stating the obvious, I NEVER would have ordered $15K of materials without a labor quote or contract in place but that is the situation NFM put me in by swapping contractors without telling me anything. But of course, it gets worse because NFM is NFM.

Then I had to wait ~2 weeks for NFM to send a second contractor out and he quotes me a $1,000 higher for the install than the first guy. Now that isn’t a fortune but here I am with my house a mess and $15K of materials sitting on my floor so what choice did I have? Classic “bait-and-switch” technique by NFM and a violation of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act but what choice did I have?

Then I notice that there is no trim or bullnose pieces in the delivered flooring materials, and I call the salesperson Mustafa about it. How do they plan to do the stairs without those pieces? The first contractor who bid the job (who NFM fired) screwed up neither NFM nor the second contractor caught it. I caught the mistake but of course once again the cost in time and money falls on me.

I have to wait a month living in squalor for those pieces missing pieces to arrive. Almost 2 months after delivery and I was incurring finance charges (deferred but still) for materials that never should have been delivered and a project that couldn’t be started. I've been living out of boxes and suitcases now since March (it is now August) with all my furniture and clothing from a 1,000 sq ft master suite stacked elsewhere in my home give them room to work and protect from sawdust. Disaster.

I (finally) got materials delivered in early April (after WEEKS of missed deliveries) for a simple flooring job on 600 sq feet, the renovation one bathroom and one powder room. They finished the flooring part yesterday (August 2) and they are starting demo on the powder room today (August 3). How does anyone work with these people? 25+ years as a shareholder of BRK and I’ll buy appliances and stuff at NFM but I’ll NEVER do a renovation with them again.

Customer ServiceCoverage

Reviewed July 24, 2023

I was told that the umbrella was Sunbrella material and would include the cover. When delivered it was a lower grade material (not Sunbrella) and was no cover included. Customer Service was “sorry but there was nothing they can do.” I asked the representative to ask the company if they would at least send me a cover. I really like this store but because of the Customer Service Department I won’t buy from them again.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed June 14, 2023

We purchased a Dishwasher from Nebraska Furniture Mart in May, when our Dishwasher was delivered the Installation guy charged us extra $150 for services and without checking the dimensions he was trying to Install it. Later he said I would not able to do so cause the space is small, there is a wooden bar and it needs to be cut and would require more $200 to do so. So my husband got pissed off and told him to go. later we tried to reach out to Nebraska about the incident they are just making excuses instead of solving our problem. I dunno where to reach out on this. It's really pathetic.

Reviewed April 7, 2023

I bought the furniture protection plan and was told by the sales rep that it would be handle in 5 business days. I have the furniture broken and tried to call and follow up with Guardsman and sent all the details but they have not replied or call back. My request Id is ** which was done on March 15th. I don't know why Nebraska Furniture is selling protect plan like this. I had bought the same plan with Rooms To Go and they had me taken care in 4 days. Dissapointed with their service.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 24, 2023

I purchased over $5k worth of furniture in a month from Nebraska Furniture at The Colony, Tx location. One of the items that we purchased as a bedroom furniture set back in December 2022 with the projected delivery date of first week of January 2023. They called us the first week of January to reschedule for first of February due to "supply chain issues". Then they called us the first week of February to reschedule for 3rd week of February due to "supply chain issues" again.

They were suppose to deliver everything February 24th and we get a call from delivery that the footboard for the bed is scratched. They said they can either bring it and reorder the footboard or leave the bed out of the delivery. I called them back 30 minutes later and asked him to bring everything, but was told that everything but the bed was loaded on the morning truck. I spoke with the delivery supervisor and she said she will try to get it on a special delivery for the afternoon. She called an hour later stating that other parts of the bed are missing and the next delivery date will be end of March.

I called back and spoke with the supervisor and without apologizing and with a rude very unprofessional attitude he simply said we can return back everything for refund. We waiting 3 months and that was his remedy. I can't believe Nebraska Furniture Mart treats their customers this way. If they keep this level of professionalism and customer service they will surely go out of business! There are plenty of other options in the area with GREAT customer service.

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed Jan. 21, 2023

We ordered and purchased a leather couch and two recliners in August. When the furniture arrived, it looked nice but didn’t look like real leather. We kept looking at it and our receipt, which said “leather“. When we ordered online, it was listed as leather. We liked the furniture but was not like any leather furniture I had ever owned. So months go by and every time I touch the furniture or look at it I’m convinced it isn’t leather. So I call and ask to speak to a manager. She looks up the account and tells me it’s leather. Then she looked a little further into the manufacturer, then told me, "Only the part that touches your body is leather." There is only 2 small panels on both the chairs and couch that are actually leather. The rest of the furniture is vinyl!!!!

I told her that we ordered what was listed as leather and would have never ordered vinyl furniture. We paid a lot of money for what we thought was leather. I asked why it was listed as leather if it wasn’t leather and she told me it’s the manufacturer calls leather. False advertising. We spent a lot of money on furniture that we thought was real leather. Of course I was told there is nothing they can do about it. Very frustrated and disappointed. Dishonest Company. Would never recommend buying anything from them.

Reviewed Aug. 18, 2022

The bedroom furniture looked OK in the showroom but after delivery I discovered it was poorly designed and constructed. I expected more from a company that boasts an investor named Warren Buffett. Drawers are small, both in the dresser and chest of drawers, and the hardware and wood materials are cheaply made.

Nebraska Furniture Mart Company Information