2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Omaha, NB

1.6/5 (36 ratings)

About Nebraska Furniture Mart

Founded by Russian immigrant Rose Blumkin or "Mrs. B" as she was affectionately known, Nebraska Furniture Mart is a home furnishings super store with Locations in Omaha, NE, Kansas City, KS, The Colony, TX and Des Moines, IA. They carry everything for the home from Furniture and Flooring to Appliances and Electronics.

Nebraska Furniture Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

While I like other millennials prefer live chat customer support over phone-based customer service (who doesn’t love hitting ###0000#### a bunch of times just to get through to a live agent, right?), John O. may have changed my mind. Let me rewind for a moment and say that I’ve had nothing but trouble with the furniture I’ve purchased from Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM) over the past six years. Even though it wasn’t always NFM’s fault and the furniture was eventually replaced, it was always a serious hassle. Needless to say, I was ready to leave NFM and never look back. That was until John O. stepped in to help with my most recent problem: a leather rocking loveseat that made an annoying whooshing sound due to leather-on-leather contact; however, I was more concerned about the friction damaging the material than about the sound.

Before calling NFM this time, I made some adjustments to the loveseat and even removed most of the stuffing from the center cushion, but to no avail. NFM ended up sending two technicians (at different times) who both said the same thing, “Just rub some talcum powder on it. There’s not much more we can do for you. It’s just a defective design.” Mind you, I spent close to $1,000 (including the furniture protection plan) on this loveseat and the best you’ve got is “Rub some talcum powder on it?” Really?? So I called John O. with NFM customer service. He was fantastic from the start and was in constant communication over the next several weeks as we tried to figure out a solution (and finally did). He was always courteous, patient, and empathetic, and is the SINGLE reason that I’m still a NFM customer. In other words, the guy is excellent customer service personified. THANK YOU, JOHN!!!

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, Joshua. I am sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with us in the past with the product you have received, and thank you for your positive review for John O. I have forwarded your review to his manager for proper recognition and praise. We appreciate you choosing Nebraska Furniture Mart and look forward to helping you again.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

Can’t tell how helpful Pinkie ** is; she is best at her job. She was very helpful, passionate at her job, very kind person. The best experience we had at nfm. I recommend her and she is the best lady.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Their selection is amazing. So many different pieces of furniture on the floor for you to see and try. I find their prices to be very good and with a broad range to suit everyone. We have purchased everything from a computer to a TV console to a microwave there. The purchase is ready within half an hour and we can pick it up at their loading docks. The service members are friendly and helpful and can always steer you in the right direction for what you need. I have never had a problem with them trying to upsell us and we have always been pleased with our purchases.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your rating and feedback, Marilyn. Glad to hear you Like our Large Store, Hugh product Selections, Outstanding Customer Service and even better Prices! We appreciate you choosing Nebraska Furniture Mart and look forward to helping you again.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

NFM has a huge showroom and allow me to use their financial without any interest for 24 or 30 months are plus for us to do incentive to use their products. Downside is that I could not use comparison to others and not effective communication about product delivery status.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Thank you for the 4 Star Review, Matthew. Glad to hear you appreciated our Large Selections, Great Prices and Financing options. We are sorry there were limited communication about product delays. We appreciate you choosing Nebraska Furniture Mart and look forward to helping you again.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

We always go to Ne. Furniture Mart. The employees are friendly, they know their merchandise too. They try and give you the best prices. When you go there, make sure you know the sizes, colors and research a little before you go there. Like model number, brands, etc. Otherwise you will be confused about which brand or type of material, etc. Take a picture of your room (measurements) of where or what you are planning to do. Good luck.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your rating and feedback, Marvin. Glad to hear you Like our Outstanding Customer Service and even better Prices! We appreciate you choosing Nebraska Furniture Mart and look forward to helping you again.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 18, 2021

The fact that Nebraska Furniture Mart only seems to respond to positive reviews on this site should help you realize what a horrible customer experience you will have if anything goes wrong with your order/installation. It’s been a solid month of battling with their claims department after our kitchen backsplash was completely butchered by the installer (after NFM ordered the wrong materials twice to begin with). Save yourself the headache and shop elsewhere!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 7, 2021

If I could put negative stars I would. I am BEYOND LIVID with NFM. We ordered a sofa, loveseat and recliner to be delivered and set up today, meaning we paid the extra fee to have it set up in our home. Today they came to deliver the furniture and refused to even bring the boxed furniture into my home. These boxes weight about 400 pounds each. I told the delivery guys three times that we paid the fee and they needed to bring it in and set it up. They refused and wouldn't even wait for me to call Nebraska to verify.

I have been on the phone with Nebraska for over three hours, and have talked with six people. None of them could solve the problem. I was forwarded to four managers and none of them answered! I have been fighting with them all day to try and come up with a solution and they still have not fixed the problem. I have three huge boxes in my garage preventing me from parking in my garage and no furniture in my living room now. I will NEVER, I repeat NEVER shop at Nebraska Furniture Mart again. I have furnished four homes with Nebraska and NEVER EVER again! Their delivery team is terrible, their customer service is terrible and they do not value their customers. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!!!

Original review: June 8, 2021

Ordered and paid for quartz countertop and sink at NFM 3 weeks ago at their published price on the floor. Promise time from measurement (2 days) and delivery (2-4 weeks) all missed. Their partner rude and non-responsive and lies left and right. Then submits a proposal for the same product almost at double the NFM invoiced price. I wasted full 3 weeks, 10 phone calls back and forth, many emails. NFM unable to resolve the issue and fulfil order. It's not anyone's inability or availability of the product. It's pure mischief, greed and bad selling tactics that wasted my 3 weeks and sky of pain. Who will pay for my time, anguish, and effort lost?

Original review: May 26, 2021

Nfm has a pattern of telling you that your product will be delivered in 30-45 days to get the sale. On every item we purchased, they kept moving the delivery date back and blamed the manufacturer. For example, we got a washer and dryer that took 4 months to get delivered and their store reps and website still said 30 days. NFM would rather take your money and push back delivery dates later than be honest up front by displaying actual average delivery times based on current orders w their deliver dates. It just happened again with patio furniture and sales reps still say 30 days even though our new est date was 70+days from order date.

Beware of this bait and switch scam. Better to spend more money elsewhere with an transparent business. They tried to blame Covid for delays. Truth is it's their intentional poor algorithms in their systems not giving averages based on most recent sales/delivery dates and utilizing sales staff to push a false narrative, get your money then give you bad news later. They know they would lose sales to competitors if they were honest in the beginning. Nfm has done this since they have been open and it's the way they do business. Buyer Beware and avoid the stress by shopping elsewhere.

Original review: April 26, 2021

Avoid Nebraska Furniture Mart. Spent about $4,000 dollars on a bedroom set and it came damaged. Replaced side rails and footboard and then discovered warpage with dresser. A new dresser was delivered and 3 weeks later it is already warped and drawers won’t close. Nebraska furniture mart refuses to stand behind the product and offer to take back the poorly manufactured high end furniture and will only replace the dresser a third time with few months left in warranty stating they only sell the product and it’s up to manufacturer. Completely regret spending hard earned money at NFM and they have lost a customer for life over this. I sure hope the third dresser is well made and not another piece of trash. I remember being 6 and going to the Omaha store for quality furniture with great customer service. It’s sad to see how far down the tubes it has gone.

Nebraska Furniture Mart Company Information