1.40/5
Based on 48 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Omaha, NB

Founded by Russian immigrant Rose Blumkin or "Mrs. B" as she was affectionately known, Nebraska Furniture Mart is a home furnishings super store with Locations in Omaha, NE, Kansas City, KS, The Colony, TX and Des Moines, IA. They carry everything for the home from Furniture and Flooring to Appliances and Electronics.

177 Nebraska Furniture Mart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: July 17, 2018

My husband and I just bought a new house and decided to furnish almost the entire house by purchasing furniture at NFM (over $10,000). We were then informed that due to the number of weeks required to make our sectional we would not be receiving our furniture for over 2 months. Even though I am very pregnant (high risk and possibly going on bed rest) and would have no furniture to sit on we decided we would make it work for those 2 months. When scheduling our delivery NFM took it upon themselves to decide what furniture would be delivered at each of our deliveries (we had 2). The second delivery included our very large sectional, ottoman and a small entertainment center. Since this was all going in the same room we agreed to it. At that time everything was in stock except our custom sectional.

Fast forward to 2 months later (2 weeks before furniture was to arrive). My husband receives an automated voicemail stating that due to our small entertainment center now being on back order (of which it wasn’t when we purchased it) they took it upon themselves to move our delivery for all the furniture out another month. This meant we would be waiting over 3 months for furniture we ordered. We did not agree to this change. No one called us to discuss this. My husband call them immediately back and stated that is unacceptable and we do not agree to the change, especially since they decided to wait to deliver the entertainment center causing it to become back ordered. My husband was then told that in the 30 mins since he received the call the one truck coming to our area was now full. They already replaced our spot and couldn’t deliver it.

They admitted this was their fault/mistake and the delivery should have never been moved and someone was supposed to call us first but yet continued with it. We were then told since our order was so large they could order another truck and still deliver our furniture. 2 days later we receive another voicemail stating they were not going to get another truck and we would be waiting an extra month. My husband explained that I am very pregnant (high risk and possibly going on bed rest) and had been sitting on the floor. Yet they still decided to do nothing to fix their mistake.

My husband continued to speak with supervisors to see what could be done. The last lady he spoke with (located at the corporate office in Nebraska) stated that there was no one above her that dealt with these matters and there was nothing she could do except offer us a small credit to help cover the cost of renting a truck ourselves and driving the total of 4 hours to pick it up, remind you I am pregnant and high risk and they now want me to come pick it up. However, the amount she offered wouldn’t cover the entire cost and we had already paid the delivery fee. Needless to say they DO NOT HAVE GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE and are not willing to fix their own mistakes. I am considering losing my deposit for the sectional and canceling my entire order. I have never been treated so poorly by a company. We will never be returning to NFM!

Original review: July 12, 2018

I live in an apartment, and management got me a new fridge from NFM. I was told my fridge would be delivered last Saturday. I took the day off work to be here, they did not show up or call. They said the one they were to deliver was dented, but they didn't let me know. They showed up Thursday, but would not take the old fridge. They said it wasn't on the work order. I'm certain it was on the work order from Saturday! They would not change the side the doors open from and were not friendly or professional. Highly dissatisfied with their delivery team.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Resolution response: July 12, 2018

i resolved it myself. I have decided to never do a penies worth of business with this company.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I just had the second worst experience with the terrible deliverymen I've had from the Nebraska Furniture Mart this morning. I am ceasing ever buying anything from them in the future the way my last 2 deliveries transpired. I bought a $2000 65in TV at Thanksgiving of 2017. It came the last week of January. One delivery carried it to my door with the screen on his shoulder pad. Then he told me he could not set it up and he was going to leave it in the box in my living room. I had to call some friends in town that would come over a few days later to unpack it. NFM is supposed to set up TV's.

This morning I had a new washing machine delivered. They were supposed to set it up. I was told because I had a little blue on the brass under the water valve they wouldn't do it. Numerous times we went back and forth with the Furniture Mart by phone. Then we were told another crew that would do it was going to come later today. That too, was a lie because the first two guys showed back up. I had my father come over to supervise and I told him not to let the bigger one (Ray) break anything. I came back home 10 minutes later to find they now had the washer in the basement instead of the living room where they left it the first time.

Now I have to hire someone to come over to level it so it has a chance not to wobble and shake itself to another early death, because they failed to do any of it the second time they came today. Why doesn't the Nebraska Furniture Mart have better delivery personnel manning their trucks I wonder? Maybe they have too much job security at their jobs. The last 4 guys that came here should be demoted to pushing brooms as well as they took care of us!

Original review: July 7, 2018

One weekend my significant other and I spent two days shopping at NFM. We ended up purchasing $10,000 worth of items to be shipped at a later date. We ended up moving before our shipment and needed to change our shipping address. Apparently the new address was not on their shipping route. Even though it was 11 miles up the road from our previous home, they were going to charge us $3000 for delivery. Original delivery cost was $195. Needless to say, we ended up canceling our entire order. Not happy.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I’ve had nothing but problems with NFM. Furniture sucks. The installers suck and I’ve finally learned my lesson. I spent over $3,000 on carpet installation. I bought the top of the line Anso Nylon pet resistant stain resistant carpet. When I purchased the carpet I had just got puppies and was hesitant about getting carpet at all. But the saleslady at the KC location told me the carpet was the best, pet stains wouldn’t stain and they would bead right up. LIES. I’m now dealing with trying to get my carpet replaced because I don’t just have pet iron stains but also dirt stains where professional cleaning hasn’t gotten them up.

The guy that came out for my claim looked at the iron stains put some ** cleaner and says that the stains are from neglect and won’t be replaced. FIRST OFF I have 4 other rooms with stains that don’t have URINE in them that they don’t want to covert because they are a scam of a company. Secondly the carpet is supposed to NOT STAIN AND RESIST PET URINE!!! This is not my fault and I’m severely disgusted with Scot the scam of a claim guy that came out and Kerri the lady who wants to deny my claim and say that her manager will tell me the same thing. MY carpet was installed by some nasty family that doesn’t even have a proper family that walked ALL OVER MY WHITE BRAND NEW CARPET. With their nasty farm shoes.

Then they cut my padding and used duct tape under the entire carpet where they “accidentally cut the middle of the pad”. Then they don’t even cut out my damn bedroom vents! They were in my house from 8 am-7 pm. I MOVED ALL MY FURNITURE AND RIPPED UP ALL THE OLD CARPET. If they hadn’t of been done who knows how ** long they would have taken to work. I have square even rooms. It’s not that hard. I’m ranting now but don’t ever buy from NFM. They don’t know how to treat customers!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?

Original review: June 26, 2018

Over 2 weeks ago I purchased a mattress and platform frame from NFM (Omaha) and was told that the mattress would be delivered the following weekend due to I don't get home till 4 pm weekdays and they don't deliver after 4 pm. I received a text message later that week saying that my mattress would be delivered that Saturday between 9-11 am. At 7 am that Saturday morning, I was woke up by the manager of the delivery warehouse saying that they had lost/misplaced my mattress in the warehouse and that they had a "team" of people trying to locate it. While on the phone, the manager said that when they found it, it would be delivered but right before he hung up with me he said that he was just going to reschedule for the following weekend and I reluctantly complied.

The following Thursday I get a text message saying that my mattress will be delivered on that Saturday morning between 9-11 am. At 8:30 am on Saturday I was once again called saying that they still could not find my mattress and that they would once again have to reschedule delivery. I stated my displeasure with their work practices and made it very clear that I was not happy. Later that day the very nice gentleman that had sold me the mattress (Alex **) called to say how sorry he was and apologized for the screw up just like everyone else I had spoken to about it.

He stated that the mattress I had picked out was discontinued and that the one that they showed being in the warehouse was the last one but that sometimes the tags fall off and the warehouse people don't put the mattresses in the correct spots or that it just never gets found again because of it not having a tag. He said that he had contacted the supplier and could get one rushed up and I would have it the following weekend with $150 taken off for the hassle or I could just come in and get a refund of the $2000+ that I had paid up front. I told him how upset I was and that I would be in the following day and make my decision. On Sunday I went back to NFM and found Alex. I had decided to pick out a different mattress.

The mattress I picked out was $75 more than my original mattress and definitely in the warehouse but instead of letting that $75 slide for all the inconvenience so far, I was forced to pay the upcharge for the new mattress by. I asked about the $150 off to cover the $75 upcharge and when Alex called his manager about it the manager said NO. Needing a bed that Alex had arranged to be delivered today (Monday June 25, 2018) and not having any options I had no choice but to pay. So here it is Monday evening and still no bed. The delivery was sent to my old address which is 10 minutes away from my new address. So I get a call saying that my bed is scheduled for Tuesday now because they won't come 10 more minutes down the road.

My new address was on the original order so I don't know how my old address got in there. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Alex was great. He busted his butt to do the right thing by me once he found out that there was a problem. His manager would not allow any other discounts or anything thrown in to make up for the hassle and inconvenience to a customer. I was required to give them at least 1 star to do this complaint and that star definitely goes to Alex for all his hard work in helping me. NFM has been a great place for years but something has definitely changed since Mrs. B's time when customer loyalty and customer service definitely do not come first. You always say that things like this won't happen to me. When you read things like this, still they do.

I have been in the transportation industry for nearly 30 years and never seen an operation that has waited to the last minute to look for a product to be delivered. Once they have your money they could care less about your inconvenience. I bet things would change if we didn't pay for services until they were completed like they used to. My hope is that this review makes it back to NFM and changes are made. A promise was made with payment and their promise to deliver... Well looks like I got scammed.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response
    Hello Mattheu, We are sorry to learn of your recent experience with us. It is disheartening to know we have inconvenienced your schedule so much. We would like to offer a resolution but I was unable to locate your order with your name. Will you please contact us via live chat or email at the following link or (402) 397-6100 extension 22445 with identifying details. We appreciate your business and look forward to connecting with you!

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: June 19, 2018

Worst experience ever. I would not recommend NFM. Note several issues - We purchased vinyl flooring. NFM subcontracts the installation. The contractor that was sent out could not speak English thus unable to communicate with me about the flooring installation. Part of the floor was installed with a 'commercial' pattern instead of the residential pattern. Plus other installation issues, like nails sticking out, used white caulk on our brown/gray flooring. Contacted NFM customer service, spoke with Roe. She has been the only helpful individual at NFM. She has had to contact the subcontractor several times just to have them come out to the house to inspect the issues with installation, and then to schedule another appointment to reinstall the flooring.

NFM requires you to order 'extra' flooring but when I asked about how to return the extra, I was told it was subject to a 25% restocking fee because it was a special order floor. So they require the customer to order more product than needed and than charge to return it. Finally, we purchased on 66 month financing/0% interest. Our understanding was would have 66 months to make payments to pay it off. At no time, were we told that credit card payment is subject to a 4% of the balance payment. This makes the payment double what it would be if you figure 66 months zero percent divided by the balance. BUYER BEWARE!!

Update: NFB left a standard BS reply. "Please contact us." Which I did and followed their instructions. To which I received this information from them. "Thank you for your correspondence. We are sorry to hear of this issue. Unfortunately, web support is not qualified to assist with flooring inquiries or issues as we are not trained in the processes, policies, or products. I will make sure to annotate this in your account for reference. I hope that this is helpful. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. Have a great day and thank you again for shopping with Nebraska Furniture Mart..."

Original review: June 12, 2018

30 days ago I purchased a $7,000 mattress from NFM. We spent several hours in the store with the same sales representative to make sure we got the best mattress and to understand what a large investment this was and our options. My fiance and I both have lower back pain so a mattress was very important to us. I sleep hot and also made this well known to the sales representative that this was a big issue in what we chose. He informed us that it takes 30 days to break-in and we gave it the time. This mattress has been horrible and I have not had a solid night's sleep since. It has affected my life in a very negative way. We asked every question in the book as far as the 120 day guarantee and that we could return both the mattress and adjustable base. He again confirmed that we could. This is a lot of money and he told us multiple times that we could return everything.

I contacted customer service today and they told me the bases were not returnable but they could do a 30% restocking fee. I could come in the store and pick out a new Tempur-Pedic. We chose the Tempur-Pedic for the "cooling technology" which did not work, so why would I want to purchase another? I am now going to be charged almost $1,000 from NFM for something that the sales representative was dishonest about. We paid to have our old mattress hauled away. I feel lied to and screwed over by NFM and am left with a hefty bill. I have been a customer with NFM for almost 10 years and have never been more disappointed with them or the level of service I am receiving. On top of the money lost am I still supposed to spend more money with them to have something to sleep on?

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Peyton, We are sorry you are encountering issues. We can look further into this for you and see if there are any other options. Please contact us at 1(800)359-1200, chat at nfm.com, or email at contact.us@nfm.com.

Original review: June 7, 2018

My wife spent $2000 on the laptop I really wanted from their Omaha location and when I got home, it was defective. I took it back to the store and they said that I had to call the manufacturer for a warranty. I called the manufacturer and they said it was sold to the mart as defective equipment, even though it was sold me as new, and at the new item price, and they could do nothing for me. After that, my refrigerator and dishwasher went out around the same time. I had bought the two before the laptop, but after the laptop debacle, they both went out, well within their warranty period. I called the mart to see what I have to do to have them repaired or replaced under warranty, they said call the manufacturer. Called the manufacturer, and they said the same as the laptop company, "this item was sold to Nebraska Furniture Mart as a defective item from our warehouse and therefore is not covered by any warranty."

In the end, after some internet searching, I find out this is a practice they have used since the early days of selling appliances when Mrs. B was still alive. It was even stated that was their practice in the Warren Buffett bio: Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist, in the chapter talking about him buying the business from Mrs. B. Stay away from anything that plugs into a wall or needs power in any way if you are shopping at Nebraska Furniture Mart, or YOU WILL GET BURNED!!!

Original review: May 21, 2018

I was told by sales person Makenzie ** in clearance dept that NFM was running the no interest on clearance items for the Mother's Day weekend special. I asked her twice if that was right because they had never done before and she said, "Yes, because of Mother's Day." Needless to say I bought over 1000.00 of product being assured was interest free. I signed and paid on the iPad for purchases and then she handed me the paperwork and said order number is in corner. I had no reason to doubt what she said and folded the receipts and went on my way. Got my statement and no interest free. I called and left message for salesperson 3xs to call but never did return call. I called in and they basically said, "It doesn't say interest free on your receipt." It says further down order does not qualify for special financing. So it was too bad so sad.

Also other issues had to wait over hr and 15 mins just to get what we bought 'cause couldn't find part of order. We weren't told this until I flagged a guy down and asked what was taking so long. Needless to say the other big furniture companies will be getting my business along with my rental business. Oh but wait, they will let the salesperson know so it can be a training lesson. Course it doesn't help us and she knew what she was saying, obviously hadn't had any sales and needed some. I should know to always read a receipt no matter who says what.

Original review: May 9, 2018

We purchased a leather glider recliner, leather glider sofa, Guard gold plan, and Guard furniture care kit from NFM in The Colony, TX. The purchase was made with a new credit account from NFM. We told the salesman twice that we wanted REAL leather. We were led to believe the furniture we bought was exactly that. These items are not even close and we feel duped. DURABLEND furniture is what we were sold and it's garbage. We have used the care kit as directed by the box. This sofa and chair we have now are cracked and the leather shows signs of wear near the seams. We don't have visitors that come over often and we don't wear abrasive clothing either. We take care of my items so that we don't have to write a review like this.

Shortly after the purchase, we asked NFM to come and get the sofa as one of the recliners was bent due to it being a floor model. A new sofa was delivered as promised. We were gifted a brown leather sofa from their competitor Rooms to Go over 10 years ago. That sofa never cracked or peeled within the first year it was given to us. It survived numerous moves from Texas to Florida and back and did not show signs of age up until last year. We used a leather care kit on it as well and it did not come with a leather protection plan either.

Our family from out of state recently visited and we felt so embarrassed to have them see the shape of this furniture knowing it was less than a year old. If we could go back and find a way to keep that sofa we would and we never would have stepped foot in that store at all. I complained to them and they offered a 500 in store credit and dye to fix the fading. NOT SATISFIED AT ALL... What's a dye going to do when a few months later the furniture will still look a hot mess??? We got suckered into the big store and motto and you definitely made your money off us...

Original review: April 26, 2018

Less than 30 days after purchasing a Klaussen living room set One of the floor protectors came off of the ottoman footing. Had I known then what I now realize, I would returned the furniture since I was still in the 30 day time limit. However, I thought I would just give them the benefit of the doubt and they were very quick to get me new floor protector to replace it. I have noticed that the leather just isn't as "pretty" and soft looking as previously owned leather furniture. Now, here we are just less than 60 days after purchase and another floor protector has come off the bottom of the chair. And the foot is not secure and turns crooked often.

This gave me more pause and reason for concern. Of course now I am past the returning ability but upon doing some digging and research I have found indeed that this furniture is not the quality I feel it was presented as and even have found the exact same set online at Sam's for $1000 less total than what we paid. Of course the response I received was that they would not be able to do anything about the price because the price guarantee is for 30 days. Very disappointed. I will say that the cust service is quick to respond and very professional and eager to send new parts, but that doesn't make up for the poor quality I feel like. I just wish I had been smarter and not so quick to buy upon sight in the store- esp when the same set is being sold at a large warehouse store for $1000 less.

Original review: April 21, 2018

We purchased a refrigerator for $1900, it was a great deal. Which seemed too good to be true. Well, it was. The refrigerator came damaged so my husband and I called customer service who offered a $75 credit to use in the store and $50 of our credit card. That's a joke, $125 off of a damaged product that was $1900? We declined and we requested a new refrigerator. We ended up noticing a dent in our floor that was made by the delivery drivers in front of the bottom left corner where the refrigerator rested. We were gonna let it slide until we noticed the dents from the dolly led all the way to the front door. So we planned on calling them and speaking with customer service about it today, when our new refrigerator was supposed to be delivered. We received a call letting us know they would be here in 30 or 45 minutes so we opened up the front door and we waited.

Soon I get a call from the store telling me that delivery drivers were at our house and we were not answering the door or our phones. Nobody ever showed up at our house. We did miss a call from a different number my guess the passenger so we called the driver and the passenger back, at first they were sending our calls to voicemail then they decided to pick up the phone and hang it up. So I called customer service to let them know and they let me know that the drivers weren't answering and what try again.

After being on hold for 10 minutes they came back and said the driver did not want to come back. What kind of customer service is that? The driver didn't want to come back even though they were never here in the first place? So because their driver does not know how to properly read house numbers or pick up the phone we now have to wait for our merchandise to be delivered again? We ended up requesting to speak to a manager who didn't seem that upset that we decided to cancel our order all together and asked for a full refund. We did let him know about are damaged floors and he said we would need to send pictures and an insurance claim would be opened. I have zero faith that this issue will be resolved and judging from all the other reviews that I've read on multiple sites the seems to be the norm with this company. Now I am out of a refrigerator and have a lovely parting gift from this joke of a company.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Sadly disappointed. My husband and I spent 3 hours taping specs due to size of living room and wanted it to be perfect! To us this was a big purchase. Sadly when arrived the loveseat was 10" yes 10 inches smaller than stated on website and still shows incorrect dimensions, even after their manager (Marlene) has confirmed with me over the phone that NFM typed incorrectly. The manager which had an attitude for my situation as "oh well". Again I was surprised. I had to ask if there was anything that will be done in this situation, only then was I offered something.

I requested they confirm with manufacturer the specs on sofa, in case NFM was wrong on this information as well. They stated that they would confirm and call me back. Well... a week later and NO callback. I definitely expected more from NFM. I just got off the phone with Judy a customer service rep. Very nice! Actually continued to work on my situation even when I was off the phone and reached out to me to state that was still investigating the situation and truly was wanting to help me. Thank you for your efforts! We are going to see if their loveseat is the correct measurement and swap mine out (which is what I requested initially). Keep fingers crossed.

Original review: April 15, 2018

My wife and I have been long time customers having purchased home products from NFM for over a decade. Recently we had the need to replace our dishwasher and turned to NFM. We were very displeased at the shoddy installation. Apparently the "free" installation gives the installers the discretion to leave off whatever pieces they deem to chose so they can finish the job quickly and leave. I reported the missing pieces and was promised they would be shipped to me, but I have yet to receive them and it has been almost two weeks. These trim pieces and insulation are not only for cosmetics, but serve to reduce the operating sound level, which is a sales feature. We paid a higher price for quieter sound and don't appreciate this arrogant and unilateral decision on the part of the installation crew.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Washer and dryer: Went to NFM in the colony. 8 ish minutes from my house on 02/17/18. Salesperson was friendly to get the sale. Used my dl for my name and once sale completed name was misspelled. Didn't find out it was still wrong until I had to call customer service on the day of delivery 02/18/18 which they were late and no one called to let me know. I found out after having to call customer service 15 minutes after 6:30 pm. They couldn't get a hold of the people delivering. And didn't know where they were or how late it would be. The supervisor also couldn't find them or tell me how late it would be so they gave me a 2 hour guesstimate and with an attitude of it is what it is.

I called the salesperson number and left voicemails and no return call. When they did show up they apologized and were very friendly. I did a review on their site and it asked if I wanted to be contacted and I said yes. I haven't heard from them. I also don't know if they ever fixed my name. I left more voice messages with the salesperson and never received a call back from him either. I guess his job was done. His number always goes straight to voicemail. My first and last purchase with Nebraska Furniture Mart.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Bought a mattress in June from Nebraska Furniture Mart. They said we had a hundred and twenty days to make up her mind to keep it or bring it back. We went 10 days over the a lot of time. I'm wondering if they do something different with the mattresses that you sleep on for a hundred and twenty days. That's for the ones you sleep on 135 days. Cannot get a response from Nebraska Furniture Mart at all on the subject.

We contacted Attorney General's office of Nebraska and that didn't get us very far either. My suggestion is don't buy any products from Nebraska Furniture Mart. Their service has gone out the window just like the quality of their material. This mattress has a large bump in the center of it with just my wife sleeping on one side of the bed and me sleeping on the other. Their suggestion was to sleep in a different position all over the bed to get rid of the Hump.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

We are sorry about your experience with this mattress. Our records indicate you have been given responses to your issue through the Attorney General.

Original review: March 23, 2018

My wife and I went into Nebraska Furniture Mart in Kansas City looking for a mattress. After talking with a sales rep and explaining that I had a issue with snoring she suggested adjustable bases with two twin XL mattresses. I specifically asked what the return policy was. Told we had a hundred and twenty days to decide if we liked it. We both knew after the first night that it was not for us. The adjustable part did not help with snoring at all and the beds felt hard. Nothing like what we laid on in the store. After contacting the sales rep she informed us that Sealy had a manufacturing error and maybe we got the wrong beds. They picked up the two old mattresses and replace them with two new. Still we are unsatisfied.

We were told that we had to give the mattresses a 30-day trial or it was a 30% restocking fee and that the bases we were talked into could be returned but again we would be charged 30%. Since purchasing the beds I have had major back aches and have had to resort to sleeping on the couch. I feel like the return policy should be more upfront and not explained that you have a 120 days to try out the product and then told you will be charged 30% restocking fee. I feel like I was mislead. I had no intention of buying a adjustable base until I was told if I didn't like it I could return for full refund.

Original review: March 2, 2018

We purchased a "real" not "bonded" leather sectional. The sales person assured us this was a high quality piece of furniture that would last for years with proper care. It came with a one year warranty and we added an extended three year warranty. Within 9 months a small area of the dark rich color began wearing off in one spot to bright ugly orangey under surface. It continued to grow to the size of a softball. We complained. We were told it was normal. We continued to complain. They sent out an inspector who tried to tell us that's what leather does. We disagreed. They finally agreed to fix it. Two months later they finally picked it up after having to call and remind them. It's been three weeks and we still don't have it back. After numerous complaints and questions we were told they were doing us a favor in repairing the faulty furniture because the colored die wearing off is normal. I said this is not the high grade leather we were promised.

I've asked numerous times for them to simply replace the bad piece of furniture and give it back to manufacturer since it is faulty. They won't do that. I'm now under the impression they knew all along they were selling substandard leather at the price of quality leather. And... we have heard nothing about when this part of our sectional will ever be delivered. I've never had this kind of service from the Nebraska Furniture Mart. I've used them for years. I can understand a hiccup every now and then but this has been ridiculous. On top of it they don't feel any responsibility for any of it and I've been told if the paint or dye or whatever it is begins to wear off on another part of the sectional it won't be under warranty because it has now expired. I said I bought the three year extended warranty. They said that warranty does not cover the paint wearing off. "We're doing you a favor in fixing it this time."

Original review: March 1, 2018

January 21, 2018 I purchased 2 twin beds and a recliner from NFM in Omaha. Within a day or 2 my daughter started having a rash... I assumed allergies... the marks started becoming large welts. 2 dr visits and they said insect bite. I CLEANED like crazy, constant vacuuming, changing and washing bedding. She was fine as long as she slept on the couch. As soon as she went back to her bed, more bites all over the place. In the past week my 3 year old is starting to have these bites too. Today I noticed bed bugs on the wall beside the beds! I called NFM who claim there is no possibility that there are bed bugs on their products or warehouse. Are you kidding!? We had no issues until these beds entered our home! I am disgusted and outraged!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

We purchased 5 (FIVE) appliances from Nebraska Furniture in The Colony, TX, paid for 4 old appliances to be hauled away and purchase extended service plans on all the appliances. We were told that the refrigerator would come separate from the other 4 appliances which is fine. The cooktop had to be ordered, so we opted to wait for it to come in. We scheduled the mandatory appointment for someone to come out and measure everything and make sure everything we ordered was going to fit. Several technicians came out and measured, and as we had already suspected they would need to make a modification/cut in the cabinet to fit the microwave and possibly make a cut for the cooktop. We received a call from our sales rep Jake stating that the cooktop had come in and we scheduled the delivery date.

Here is where it got frustrating. I asked Jake to make sure they used my cell number instead of my husbands because I would be there to when the appliances came. He assured me that he had changed the number in the system. I scheduled the day for deliver and confirmed that all 5 appliances would come on the same day. I received a call the day before the day of delivery and was given a time window. The "Installers" came right on time, but as a customer of Nebraska Furniture you are required to understand that there are "Installers" and then there are "Delivery People". The "Installers", installed all of the appliances except the microwave because the trim kit, because the one that was ordered and approved during the measure appointment was way too big.

First Service Failure: If you come out to measure, do it correctly or you wasted your and my time. I suspect that no one at Nebraska Furniture will go back and make sure those who made that mistake learn from it. At least I got no indication that anyone cared. So now we had to call Nebraska Furniture and schedule a new "installation" day for the correct trim kit. Before the "Installers" left I asked about how I would know when the refrigerator would come. At this point I had no idea that I should have received a separate call from the "Delivery" department regarding a time frame for "Delivery" of the refrigerator. The "Installer" gave me a card and told me to call the number. When I reached Customer Service regarding the refrigerator I was told they had called my husbands cell number to leave the time.

When I asked why they did that, I was told if I had wanted them to call a different number, I should have made sure I told BOTH the "Install" department and the "Delivery" department because they were not the same thing. "Delivery" of my refrigerator would be later in the day. Second Service Failure: Why would a customer need to know they needed to tell them to change the number in two places? When I told the Sales Rep which number to use, he should have known that. I was given the time frame the refrigerator would come but 45 minutes past that time frame no one had come. I called again and was told they were running about 2-3 hours behind. I was told they were sorry, but it's not their procedure to keep a customer informed when they are running behind.

Third Service Failure: Let your customer know if you are running 2-3 hours behind. I understand that things happen and delays occur, but it's seems reasonable to inform people when you are running behind. It was several hours later when the refrigerator showed up. Right off the bat I had to argue with the "Delivery" man about whether I had paid for him to take the old refrigerator away. He kept showing me that it did not say anything on his paperwork. Eventually I spoke to someone in the "Delivery" department who informed me that the haul away of 4 appliances was on the "Install" order not the "Delivery" order, and she would have to move it over there because my order was two separate orders. Fourth Service Failure: It sure didn't seem like two separate orders when we were in the store buying 5 appliances at the same time from the same sales rep.

Why would I know that I needed to tell the Sales Rep to make sure he set it up in the correct way. Not all things were bad. Our sales rep was very knowledge about the appliances. Although clearly made some errors in how things were input. I have informed him about the issues, but he really doesn't care. His job is over. I doubt it's the first time it's happened. The installers were very good. John was very knowledgeable and very helpful. He had people with him who were obviously in training, but he watched them very carefully and made sure everything was done correctly. Together they did a great job and were the same installers who came back a week later to install the correct trim kit.

On the flip side, the "Delivery" man was surly and agitated. Maybe not his fault. I really can't say. He may have been given too many deliveries for one day. But he certainly knew how to fix my issue and didn't need to argue with me. He could have immediately made a phone call, but he was too busy shoving my furniture around. For some reason I was made to feel that it was up to me to prove that I had paid for the haul away. I'm really disappointed with Nebraska Furniture in that we purchased 5 appliances and just don't think it should have been so difficult to deliver/install them. Surely in this day and age with all the technology available a company could do a better job of scheduling and a better job of making things transparent.

I'm a homeowner. I care about making sure that I'm there at the correct time for a delivery because I respect their time. A customer should not need to know in advance the definition of all your jargon and how it is going to impact my purchase. Not sure I could recommend Nebraska Furniture to a friend knowing how frustrating the process was. Especially since mostly all I have received through every conversation is "well, that's just the way it is".

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Well, my feelings for NFM have drastically 35 miles from NFM but it use to be worth the drive. My microwave went out and I went to NFM with intent to purchase. I took my 21 year old son who had never been there and told him how awesome it was. We get to the appliance section and start looking at microwaves. We narrowed it down to 2. We were never approached by a salesman. So, I walked around and found a salesman. I told him that we were looking at microwaves and had narrowed it down 2 to a GE and a Maytag. He said the GE is a better option and I asked why. He said that the Maytag was more bulky. So, I went with the GE.

Well, they had neither in white. I asked if they had it in black and the answer was no. I asked if they had any white microwaves in the store in that price range. He said, "No". I said, "I guess we'll go to Home Depot" and he said, "Okay". Well, I was upset that I drove that far to come back empty handed. So, I found a white GE for $269 & that was within my budget. I only had $250 on my NFM credit line but it went thru (I thought). I was prepared to pay difference on my bank card but it didn't ask. I drive to P/U microwave but there was an issue. I called the credit dept and paid the difference. He said let the dispatcher know that you're good now.

Well, the dispatcher said that there was still a hangup. So, I called credit back. In the meantime the dispatcher lets me know that they needed the $41 to pay extra. I told her that I just paid that over the phone. She said, "Well I guess that I would need to go into the store". I called customer service and canceled my order and I closed my account. This situation got out of hand because of a lazy salesman in the appliance department at the DFW location. He gave zero effort in helping me and now I'm in the market for a new furniture store.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

My husband and I went to NFM 1/28 to buy a new mattress. We were not planning to purchase a movable base, but we decided we liked one, and the sales associate assured us that we could return the product if it didn't fit our bed frame. As it turns out, it doesn't fit our bed frame. It sits uncomfortably high and the outer legs of the base do not touch the floor. We feel like it is going to ruin the frame of our bed.

Anyway, I called to schedule a pick up of the product to return (which I had no problem paying for the pick up) one week after delivery and was told there was a 30% restocking fee, which comes to a whopping $800! At no point did the salesperson mention this tidbit to us when we were in the decision process of purchasing. The person at check out did not mention it either. I cannot find it listed on the website either. We are livid. If we had known that it would cost us $800 to return, we would have went home to examine our frame to see if it would fit before we purchased.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Hi Laurie, I am sorry for the issues you have encountered with the adjustable bases. We are willing to return them as a one time courtesy as well as the adjustable base plan with out a restock fee. If you do decide to return the adjustable bases, then you will go below the minimum amount on the 75 month financing. We would have to adjust the financing based on the price of your order with out the adjustable bases. You have until Wednesday 02/21/18 to contact us and accept our offer.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

My girlfriend and I went in the weekend of Feb. 9 - 11, and we found some sofa tables we wanted. We bought two of the same table. We split the payment equally, $267 on one card and $267 on another. We decided to take the items away on our own, and we needed two trips. This is a 15 minute drive (30 roundtrip).

We got the first item home and the glass didn't fit into the wood base. Since we had to pick up the second item anyway, we just brought back the first item. When the guys brought out the second item to the car, they tried out the one we got. I made a bunch of jokes about, "I bet you guys hate dealing with customers like us." And they said no, not at all, and they AGREED that the glass didn't fit into the wood. As all this was happening, I was also talking to customer service on the phone (as advised by the lady we had to speak to in order to park in the pick up bay).

Customer service was very patient. The gentleman waited to hear what the other guys had to say, and when he realized the product really did seem to be defective he apologized and said we will have to do a full refund, crediting both cards back. We asked if we could buy floor models, because those clearly fit and worked! He said, We will do the full refund and you will need to ask inside the store about the floor model. Ok. We went inside, spent another hour in there just to get the same item but at least that did work. We got the om floor model for $199. At this point we are still "happy" overall.

Then the fun starts. We already drove around out of our way twice (no big deal if everything had worked properly), we already had to package up a bunch of things we had already unloaded and then reload them in the car...and now we can't even get refunded properly. Instead of refunding $267 to each card, exactly like the purchase... $267 was refunded to one card, plus another $215 as a separate refund. And another card was refunded $44. What the heck?? I called Nebraska Furniture Mart about this and they said, "We can't do anything. Your girlfriend will need to give you the difference in cash or decline the refund, then we can send it to you."

Sooo... now we are expending MORE effort to right the wrongs of this crummy organization. Fine, whatever. So I speak with my girlfriend and she prefers declining the refund and then we can call Nebraska and tell them to credit the refund properly. So she calls her credit card company. "Excuse me, I had a credit of $215 and change on my account in error and I would like to decline that please." So the person on the phone says, "I'm sorry, Nebraska Furniture Mart will have to call us directly to make this change." And now I'm just fine writing. You get the picture. What started out as something simple turned into a disaster. Nebraska Furniture Mart doesn't need our support to be successful, I get it. Too big to fail and all that. I'm the "little man" complaining about the "big man", but you're damn straight I won't sit in silence and let this pass without being mentioned. Sad, SAD customer service.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Private response sent with refund information that was sent.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Ordered online a washing machine and dryer, paid extra to have them stacked, the machines arrived and the installers from Nebraska Furniture Mart did not have the stacking kit, now I have to wait until the end of the month to get my machines connected and put in place. If I had know this was going to happen I would NOT have purchased the machines from them. Lesson learned. DO NOT USE NFM.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Thank you for your review Leszlie. I am sorry that the stack kit was not added to your order. We have alerted our web content team of this error and they are working on getting it corrected. I do see that since you posted this review that the delivery team was out today, 2/15/18, and already completed the installation of the kit. We hope you are pleased with your purchase. Please consider updating your review. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

We tried to spend just under $8,000 with Nebraska Furniture Mart only to cancel our complete order due to their total lack of ability to delivery on their promises. The sales team promised the world - we felt great with our first purchase from NFM. That was the last time we felt that way. Before delivery we received threatening phone calls about our order getting cancel due to their error with financing, a four hour delivery window wasn't provided until last minute the night before. On the day of delivery the drivers called to ask if we really wanted the order (they were tired - it was a long day). When they did show up, they did not the number of people promised so could not complete the delivery. They tried to deliver again two days later but again, not enough people after promising to fix it. After spending over an hour on the phone with their "customer service" people I gave up and told them to cancel everything. Never again.

Delivery - mismanaged and not owned by the company. Their contractors don't care and are extremely rude. Their delivery call number places you on hold for long periods of time because they are not based locally. Customer Service Hotline - a complete joke. It's not based locally either so you end up at some call center where they have no idea what the local store promised. You again get stuck on hold with people who pretend to offer assistance but have no control over anything locally.

Local Customer Service - the store manager hides in his office and has told his customer service team to never let a customer near him. I have never encountered that in all of my years of buying stuff. The store leadership actively ignores the people who help sign their paycheck. Instead, you get stuck talking to some low level customer service person who quotes the standard lines in her book. She has zero ability to be effective or initiate change. Since anyone who is in charge hides away in their office there is no hope of talking to anyone with real impact.

This company cost me time and money. It's easy to be impressed when you walk into the store but I can't tell people enough to stay far, far away. Some purchases may go over easy but when there is a problem this company is nowhere to be found. They will literally hide from you and avoid any type of significant help! To top it off, they provide these fake responses whenever someone posts a complaint. It's great they have a social media team that appears to care but similar to the store experience, this is just a facade. Never believe for a minute this company cares anything about the customers they are selling to.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Made quite a shocking discovery on Tuesday in my mailbox. We received our first statement from Nebraska Furniture Mart for a whopping $129. It doesn't sound like a lot, but we were prepared for a 50-55 dollar payment with this 66 month financing program. Purchased a bedroom suite, carpeting for one bedroom, and a small couch, in preparation, of our new addition to the family coming in April. We made this purchase during Nebraska Furniture's so-called 66 month financing promotion that was running during the Holiday 2017. To our chagrin, the 66 months financing was definitely a SCAM, and now the credit company is hiding behind their small print. Apparently, Nebraska engages in this deceptive practice of offering this 66 month financing program that is more of a 24 months financing deal. The total of our furniture and carpeting purchase was ($3207.22).

We were totally under the impression that this program was much like Rooms-to-Go who by the way engages in a real 60 month financing program that divides your total furniture purchase by 60 months. Our whole experience with Nebraska was just dreadful from the moment we engaged with the inexperienced salesman who had absolutely no product knowledge, to the people at the cash wrap who couldn't complete our purchase due to another inexperienced cashier who made us aware that we had not been approved for financing. I let him know that I received an email stating our approval amount and my account number. He sent us to the in-house financing area where we waited in line about 30 minutes before a nice older gentleman quickly brought us to another cashier who could complete our purchase.

This is where it got really interesting. The previous cashier lost our pink order ticket, so there was no easy way for the cashier to complete the sale. He had to get several people involved who didn't know their jobs either. It was seriously like watching the Who's on First routine with Abbott and Costello unfold before our eyes. This was an hour and a half taken from me and my wife with a 2 year old and a 5 year old in tow who had been with us in the store since 10:30 that afternoon and now being around 6 in the evening.

This wasn't even it... there is a lot more to this story... the carpet experts didn't even know they were running a $1.45/ft installed carpeting promotion that was on the company website. Heck... even the department manager didn't know about this promotion. The salesman told me, and I quote, "Oh... that's just how they get you in here." "We don't have a deal like this in the store." I even showed the salesman the promotion and he still stuck to his guns. In the end the store manager had to come out and educate his department manager and associate, and we were able to get the carpet on the promotional price. It's amazing that the department manager was not going to honor the promotion. Then, upon delivery the flooring people did not bring the right amount of carpet because Nebraska's measurement person, measured improperly.

Even after all of these examples of unsatisfactory service, the customer service rep feels that this is not sufficient enough evidence to waive a pick up fee if we decide to return the furniture. So, no matter what we will lose out on delivery fees (to and from) and furniture protectant. With this being such a megaplex, you would think they would want to make the customer happy and lose out on a mere $100. We will never shop here again!! We would rather spend more for the knowledge, quality furniture and customer service of Weirs than NFM.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

NFM promotions are deferred interest only. The Terms of our revolving charge account explicitly state that a minimum payment needs to be made each month of 4% of the balance. The promotions are not fixed payment like a car or home loan, they accumulate interest during the term of the promotion however not charged to the customer, and if the balance of that portion is not paid off by the end of the promotion, all interest that accumulated will then be assessed to the account.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

We purchased two adjustable bed frames and two mattresses on 01/08/18 from the Kansas City NFM. Total over $3,000 cash. We were very pleased with the salesman and believed him when he said if we were dissatisfied with the mattresses we could exchange them up to two different times in 120 days. NFM requires the customer to buy a non-refundable mattress protection pad to qualify for that exchange option. An extra $60 for a waterproof mattress cover. We did that. He told us they recommend sleeping on the new mattress for 30 days before returning it. Sounded reasonable. Delivery was 01/19/18. We knew immediately that we had selected the wrong mattress. Serta Blue 300 firm. My wife is 68 and suffers from pain in her legs from varicose veins. This mattress is so firm she has been in pain every morning. I am 67 and have not had back pain for years until I started sleeping on this rock.

I called the store today and the salesman said we had to keep the mattresses for 30 days before an exchange. He referred us to customer service. Customer service informed us there would be a restocking fee of 30% ($600) if we exchanged the mattresses before the 30 days. We were prepared to spend another $400 to buy the mattress we wanted. Not now. The NFM mattress policy states "... we suggest that you sleep on your new mattress for at least 30 days." A recommendation and a suggestion is not a requirement. Their policy and sales tactics are misleading and deliberately lacking in details like restocking fees.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Hello Timothy, we are sorry to hear of the back pain after sleeping on your new mattress. It can take up to 8 weeks for our bodies to adjust to the improved support of a new mattress and there are some tricks to speed up the break-in period. We would be happy to provide more details, however, we need more information to locate your order. Please contact us via Live Chat, over the phone at 1-800-359-1200 ext. 22445 or email at this link: https://www.nfm.com/customercare.aspx

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

On January 11, 2018, I made an online purchase for a LG Dryer, and scheduled delivery for January 15th. The dryer was delivered on the 15th at approximately 6 pm. During the installation, I heard the dryer making a loud banging noise. The delivery person checked the breaker, and announced that the unit was heating up. At this time, I refused delivery on the defective unit. The delivery driver called his supervisor on his cell phone. I spoke with the supervisor that I will take possession of a refurbished or inoperable dryer. I informed the supervisor that I wanted the new unit to be delivered on January 17th in the afternoon due to my class schedule. The supervisor repeated my request, and I marked the paperwork "defective." The delivery team left my residence without taking the defective unit.

On January 16th, I received an automated recording of the new delivery time for January 17th between 11 am - 1 pm. I called 855-504-0000 and informed a male that those hours are unacceptable due to my class schedule. I also informed the male about my conversation with the delivery supervisor. I was told that the hours stand and nothing could be changed due to no notations on the paperwork with my request. I asked for his supervisor, and was transferred to a female employee. The female employee reiterated that nothing can be changed in the delivery system, and I should reschedule for another day.

On January 17th, I received a phone call from the delivery person while I was en route to my class. I told the delivery guy that I was not home, and that he would have to come back in the afternoon as I requested. He said he couldn't do that, and his supervisor called me. I informed the female supervisor that I wasn't home, and that she would have to deliver the new unit today. The new unit was not delivered as requested. I never had an issue of selecting a date & time when purchasing several products. NFM has lost me as a customer! This company isn't customer service orientated, and I was offered no compensation for their defective product. Lesson learned... Purchase items from other big box stores that have reputable customer service and excellent products. It appears that my dryer was refurbished instead of "new" as on the NFM website.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Hello Shari, We are sorry that you are having these issues. Nebraska Furniture Mart does not sell used or refurbished items as new. We do have delivery routes available for just afternoon delivery, however these routes are not available for the next day, they are further out because they fill up so fast with limited amount of stops available on them. Our regular delivery routes are set up so that the delivery team does not have to go back to areas they were already in.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I’ve purchased multiple items from Nebraska Furniture Mart. I purchased a dryer without a warranty and it’s now broken, within a year. I purchased another dryer machine, a different dryer of which is $1000, with the extended warranty (forced upon us by the representative). With this warranty, we were unaware that it was a third party company coming to “fix” our SECOND dryer machine, the first time it broke it took them a month to temporarily fix the issue with factory warranty and less than a year later we are having the same issues with our SECOND dryer machine.

We’ve contacted to NFM. They told me to contact the warranty company that they sold to us and they sent two people out to look at our dryer... It’s been 3 months and my dryer machine hasn’t been fixed. I live across the street from Nebraska furniture mart. It should not take this long to fix the dryer. We’ve called NFM customer care and they put the blame on the warranty that they sold us, and we’ve had no help. This has caused such a headache, and huge frustration and I’m not getting a solutions, or any sort of guidance to whom to speak to about this ongoing issue. We’ve gotten the runaround from both parties. The extended warranty they forced upon us is absolutely horrible. DO NOT PURCHASE!!!

The appliance itself was wonderful except for the fact that it’s been broken for 3 months and the warranty purchased isn’t fixing it. How can you sell a warranty to a customer if the warranty doesn’t fix the issue... That’s why we got it. Bad business at NFM especially with their warranty department. If not resolved soon I will have to get my lawyer involved. It’s ridiculous that I have to get a lawyer for a dryer machine. I have 5 kids, do you know how frustrating it is to not have a dryer machine with 5 kids???

Nebraska Furniture Mart Company Information