3.45/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Omaha, NB

Founded by Russian immigrant Rose Blumkin or "Mrs. B" as she was affectionately known, Nebraska Furniture Mart is a home furnishings super store with Locations in Omaha, NE, Kansas City, KS, The Colony, TX and Des Moines, IA. They carry everything for the home from Furniture and Flooring to Appliances and Electronics.

240 Nebraska Furniture Mart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: May 21, 2019

Don't get the warranty!!!! We had a pin fall out of our dryer door, which held the door together. When it came out, the bottom hinge warped because it wasn't be held up anymore because the pin fell out. We were able to get the pin out back in the door but The damage had already been done to the hinge causing the door not to close properly and now my dryer door pops open every time laundry in going! They told me it's not covered under warranty! Don't get it! Waste of money. I will be also calling NFM to inform them of their warranty company! Very displeased with this whole thing! Extremely! Warranty doesn't cover defects leading to damage! Damage caused by their effects! First hand witness to this!!!!

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Hi Sarah, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear you are having issues with your dryer and the warranty company, we understand this can be very frustrating. We would be happy to look into this to see if we can assist in any way, however we do need more information to locate your order. Please contact us or live chat with an agent. We look forward to hearing from you!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: May 19, 2019

We purchased carpet which included free take up and haul away, free installation and free furniture moving. They matched a competitors offer. When the installers came, we were told that there was a problem because we didn't have an empty room that all the furniture would fit in. Then they said that they couldn't pull up the carpet because it had a pet stain and they didn't take up pet stained carpet.

We were having company from out of town 2 days later and were left with parts of carpet pulled up and all of our rooms dismantled in order for them to move empty furniture. Was told the pet stain issue was on one of the many papers we were given prior to the purchase. However, was not pointed out by the salesman at any time. So here we sit with a party that we had to rent a venue for, pulled up our own carpet, pulled all staples. Put Kilz down and now we are deciding if all the expense and hard work that was supposed to be free is worth it. Only to find out that to cancel this will cost us 25% of the price of the carpet. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: May 16, 2019

Around August of 2013, my wife and I purchased a really attractive sectional from NFM's location in Kansas City. Our salesperson, Rebecca **, pushed hard for the Guardsman protection. I asked her point blank, "Does this cover pet damage?" She assured is that it did. This is THE ONLY way I would have purchased the protection on the sofa. Come to find out, when we made a claim with Guardsman in 2017, that it did not cover pet damage and when I went to look back through the literature she gave me, it explicitly stated so. I am partially at fault for not reading the material, however the sales associate made me feel like I didn't need to. I took her for her word and it came back to bite me. Guardsman is a scam. Rebecca ** is a liar. Nebraska Furniture Mart backs their liars and scam artist companies up all day long. Where's the integrity?

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Thank you for providing that information, Ted. I show the notes in the order that we have offered to refund the prorated amount of the coverage from the date you first filed the Guardsman claim for the remaining 19 months you had on your 60-month policy and you declined that refund. We are sorry that the sales associate’s comments of the coverages provided by the extended warranty purchased were inaccurate.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: May 2, 2019

I think most people shop at NFM because of their large display room selection, large warehouse inventories, and competitive prices. The other part the equation, that most people don't stop to think about, and where NFM fails in my experience, is delivery. I waited nearly a month for a delivery scheduled for tomorrow (Friday) of a Whirlpool stove and OTR microwave only to receive a call from NFM this morning informing me that the items have not yet arrived in their warehouse. The delivery had to be rescheduled for at least another FOUR WEEKS. And, they only do delivery/installation of appliances in Lincoln (less than an hour away from Omaha NFM) on Fridays. I work out of town on Fridays and had to take tomorrow off work as a vacation day.

I purchased two kitchen appliances nearby a year ago from NFM and had TWO cancelled/rescheduled delivery dates. Now, I've learned my lesson about shopping at NFM. Price and selection doesn't mean a whole lot if you can't follow through with delivery. Thank you to Schaefer's in Lincoln. They have exactly the same stove and microwave in their warehouse and will be able to deliver and install in 4 days. Second lesson learned -- don't forget your hometown retailer who might not have the price and selection of NFM, but understands service and delivery.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I will NEVER shop at NFM again!! I recently ordered a king mattress and box spring set. When it was delivered, both of the box springs had stains on them and the mattress was ripped. I called and was told a replacement set would be delivered the next day. That set arrived defective/used as well. One of the box springs had a rip in it & the mattress was stained and also had a rip in it. Not to mention, it was embarrassingly obvious that none of the delivery men had ever handled a king mattress before as they had no clue how to move one up & down the stairs and left me with huge scrapes and scratches all over my walls.

The service manager was less than apologetic and rather accusatory when I called to complain about the 2nd set being defective, it was a complete joke!! What a complete waste of my time! It seems as though NFM is trying to pass off used mattresses as new and then when customers find out they are the ones who are disgruntled!! No thanks, I'll gladly take my business elsewhere.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: April 16, 2019

I had a very horrible experience with the refrigerator that I purchased at the Nebraska Furniture Mart. I bought the warranty from them. They promised the world to me but I bought the worst refrigerator in the world. I bought groceries and the next week had to throw out because it became rotten and spoiled milk. Lots of people from tech have come and when they’re done they say is fixed. It’s never fixed. I love shopping there but I end up hating it after purchase because it’s just horrible products. All I want is my refrigerator fixed. Also all the juice and milk it feels like you have to hurry and drink fast before it spoiled. It turns everything into ice. They told me to save receipts because they will pay back but never do. One day I wasted a day because they said they would come before 6 at 8 pm. Never showed up and sent a text saying they would come the next day. They came like 5 times but it’s never fixed.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I bought three pieces of furniture. Was told everything in stock and would be delivered. Two months later still waiting. Customer Service told me the salesperson was to blame. Salesperson said that customer service does not know what they're doing. This went back and forth for weeks till we find out the one item which was a matching love seat was having issues. Then still lied to as it was suppose to be in 3 to 4 weeks. 3 to 4 weeks later it was another 4 weeks again per them and then told no ideas when a good delivery date might be for the item. LOL - it gets better.

I had to finally suggest a solution myself. They promised me a delivery on a certain date- Salesperson said it was all set and guaranteed - 5 business days later so there was plenty of time to make sure it was delivered. That day it didn't show and customer service hooked me up with a man in Delivery who said he was a manager and my item would be delivered the next day after the original guaranteed date in the morning for sure!!! Never came - finally had to get ugly after more than seven hours of phone calls and hold times with them and it showed up. Then the salesperson said they were going to give me some money back for all the pain and suffering I went through - never had the courtesy to call me. It's all lies from them!!!

The next day the head of the store called me and scolded me for my language to her salesperson - LOL - she never even cared I was treated horribly, lied to and my delivery would have never gotten here if I hadn't raised hell. What a pathetic leader she is as the customer comes last! Don't buy anything here - it's horrible and the lies will overwhelm you!!! I gave them a one star as that's the lowest there is - shame as it deserves a minus 20.

Original review: April 11, 2019

4 Repairs in 1 year. Purchased new with extended warranty. When dishwasher was 13 months old I contacted Whirlpool. I was told that my NFM bill of sale included an extended warranty and therefore after warranty assistance was not available for my repairs, I must use the extended Assurance policy purchased. I called them and it took 2 weeks to see a repairman, who then ordered parts. When the parts came in another 2 weeks had passed. The dishwasher leaked, ordered more parts, waited for them to arrive 2 weeks later, it's still leaked.

The repair company sent another person out and fixed the leak. It works for 10 months and quits filling with water. It takes 2 weeks for technician who orders parts. Parts arrive smashed due to poor packing. Re-ordered parts, 2 weeks pass and they come and repair the machine with a complete pump and sump again and a memory board. It runs for 3 weeks and leaks all over the floor again. Now waiting for 10 days before the repairman can get here. I contact NFM and explained that it has been an on-going problem and I am still washing dishes by hand and that I want a pro-rated buyout.

Their answer was, "You have 30 days to request a return, deal with the extended warranty company." I am going shopping for a new dishwasher and just chalk this up to NFM's lack of empathy and will not buy an appliance from them again. Should you buy one because it's the best smoking deal DO NOT BUY THEIR EXTENDED WARRANTY. Buy the manufacturer's warranty from the manufacturer, as we were told that if we had one of their policies they would have done some after warranty assistance.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

We are sorry you contacted us and were told there is nothing we can do after 30 days. We would be happy to look into your extended warranty claim on your behalf, we need more information to locate your order. Also Assurant does not operate overseas. Their call center is in the United States. Please send us your order number or contact us at Live Chat or email us. We look forward to hearing from you again!

Original review: April 11, 2019

I was given a 2 hour window. I called and asked to be placed last. (Had an emerg with elderly parent) Sweet lady said they were on delivery #2 and I was #5, shouldn’t be a problem. Ten minutes later, the driver said he’d be there in 15 min!!! I told him about my conversation. He said they had to deliver now or reschedule. So no choice. NOW THEY CAN'T DELIVERY FOR 2 WEEKS! I tried to call the lady back within 15 min, as I was home, to see if they were still in my area. A different person said no and we’re scheduled for 2 weeks out!

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Jan, thank you for leaving a review. I apologize we missed the delivery today causing a delay. I understand this can be frustrating. We can look further into this for you and provide available options, please contact our Customer Service team, chat or email.

Original review: April 5, 2019

BEDBUGS KCK STORE. I purchased wood bunk beds for my children. One they were put together, a month later the wood was riddled with bed bugs. I called NFM, of course they tried to say it was their fault. I've noticed a couple of other complaints from others regarding the same issue. I will never buy from them again.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Nebraska will not warranty any flooring you purchase unless you buy their installation services in addition to the purchase!!! Don't buy from Nebraska if you want to install it yourself or have an installer you use because they will not take responsibility for poor product quality or defects! You’re buying at your own risk. No guarantee No refunds! Buy from an honest and reputable flooring store! They buy from unreliable manufacturers then they send you to the manufacturer who is a fraud. NFM will not take part of any problems with the product.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Beware for the things that the sales people tell you about the item you are purchasing at this store. We bought an expensive sofa at this store and the saleslady said the cushion has lifetime warranty. When we called customer service to complain about the cushion, they said that the manufacturer of the sofa is out of business so it is unfortunate that they cannot do anything. While I understand that businesses can fold, there was no other alternative that this store can offer. By the way, we also bought the extended warranty for another $500 because we wanted to make sure that we will get our money's worth with the piece of furniture. However, this company do not obviously care for customer's satisfaction. I should have read all the negative reviews from this store before buying. Also lesson learned not to buy an extended warranty. Worst furniture store ever.

Original review: March 12, 2019

We bought a sofa set from Nebraska along with tables and lamps, we paid extra money to get the best warranty. Right after the arrival the tables had started having marks by placing anything on the top of it. We called the customer service twice where they said it's customer usage and not their fault. I haven't seen a furniture in my entire life where you see visible marks on the tables by placing anything on the top. It's not even a year and our sofa has turned worst as well, it produces a noise whoever sits on it. For the price we paid for our purchase, I think this is the worst quality furniture and the worst decision of my life. I am never going to NFM to buy anything in my entire life. Their warranty is a piece of **.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

We are sorry that you are having these issues with your furniture. Please contact is with a Direct Message, via live chat at nfm.com, by email or by phone and we could investigate these issues and see if we can come to a suitable resolution for you.

Original review: March 4, 2019

We bought a Samsung French door refrigerator two years ago and twice the ice maker has gone out on it. Assurant, who covers the warranty's site is always down. It takes a long time to get service. NFM must not care about their customers if that's who they use for their warranty service.

Resolution response: Feb. 28, 2019

After calling the company several times I finally got a different person to help me. She was wonderful! she helped me find a solution to my issue. Cindy from customer service was terrible and unwilling to help me find a solution. She also said I was trying to get a $500 table from you guys when I had paid $194 for mine. I have morals and that was never what I was trying to do. I simply wanted a table that would match the rest of my furniture. I am very thankful for the other customer service woman who was actually willing to help me find a solution!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I bought some furniture from this place and one of the tables started chipping within a few weeks. Since it has been about 30 days they went ahead and gave me a new table which was great they said if it had been longer they couldn't do anything. Then our other table started chipping about a month later and continued to chip. It has chipped about 6-7 times now... I decided that I would call because something has to be wrong. A table should not chip this bad in such a short time. We don't have animals or kids so the table barely gets used. The heaviest thing that has been on it is a paperback book.

When we first got the table it had a spot on it but since the look of the table is vintage I assumed it was part it of it. I mean NFM wouldn't knowingly give me a defective table, right? Well we decided to call NFM to see if anything could be done about this table. An employee told us that they have warranties on their stuff for a year after you buy it. So how come before I was told only 30 days?

Maybe NFM should get some training for their employees so they are all on the same page. They sent out an employee to check out our table and he told us that not only is the table chipping it BUT it also has a crack in the wood. What I thought was part of the vintage look is actually a CRACK in the wood! So NFM gave me a defective table. The lady I spoke to on the phone said that they have a person who looks at their stuff before they deliver it to people. Well that person is either not doing their job or they are doing their job and knowingly sending defective furniture out. The table isn't available anymore so I asked for them to just trade it out for a table that would match the rest of the furniture since they gave me a defective table to start with. They of course declined. Please save your money and buy somewhere else. NFM has terrible customer service and they have no problem giving their customers crap/defective furniture!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

We ordered all new appliances from Nebraska Furniture Mart in Omaha, NE July 2018. FINALLY in DECEMBER we had all appliances. NFM did not call us or keep us informed as to what was going on. Really upset with how things were handled. When I paid my bill I also let them know I was VERY upset and have not heard anything. I'll stick to the mom and pop stores since you get treated better.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We were told by Paula in the Mattress Department at the Dallas store in order to insure our very expensive Tempurpedic Mattress we would have to purchase a certain base. Then upon writing us up she said we would have to spend additional funds to insure that base. NEVER did she mention the insured was Guardsman. Look at the customer reviews. Guardsman is terrible and I would have NEVER willingly given my hard earned money to such an insurance company. Let my uninformed decision be your informed decision. GUARDSMAN IS TERRIBLE AND NOT WORTH THE PURCHASE! SAVE YOUR MONEY. I received the paperwork from Guardsman in the mail (that's how I discovered who I was insured by). I assume Paula was very purposeful in not disclosing the policy holder of the insurance. VERY DISAPPOINTED BUYER HERE! I got scammed!

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Can you please provide us the complete name, address with zip code and phone number associated with the account so we can take a further look into this for you? We can be reached by chat or by email. Thank you in advance.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We purchased a $2000+ home office set. The salesperson was very professional & talked us through the pros & cons of the product. We placed an order for a smaller set & then went back to upgrade to a larger complete set. We purchased Guardsman service for the product. A month later we see lots of chips and a big hole in the office piece. Guardsman takes 5 weeks to respond & after a month, NFM called back and said that we didn't take care of our desk and hence our insurance & warranty stands cancelled.

When we went to the store, we faced humiliation when a gentleman introduced himself as the Customer service head of the Dallas showroom and that coffee condensation and dirt on the desk meant that we were poor owners of their product and told us in humiliating manner how we are not worthy of their attention. We never returned back to NFM. We made a couple of purchases after that & never considered stepping into NFM ever again...

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I purchased a Whirlpool washer from Nebraska along with the protection plan. The washer goes out and I submitted a claim with the 3rd party company, Assurant, to get the washer repaired. Assurant uses a company called, Premier Appliance Services that schedules the repair in 4-hour windows. The repair was scheduled between 8am-12pm, there was no communication or anything from the company to confirm the appointment. The tech shows up after 12pm and tells me that I need to remove the water from the washer - I was so confused because I was under the impression that was the purpose of the repair. As well as, they need to order the part which will take an additional 5 days - so now I am without a washer for another week and to need to take time to now find a laundry mat to wash my clothes.

I called Nebraska Furniture Mart customer service to see if there was anything they could do and they brushed me off and said "No, they are not insurance." Where is the after sales support for products purchased from your store? This is not the first time I have had problems with your customer service not wanting to assist customers to avoid disruptions in their life because of a faulty product purchased from your store.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

We purchased an expensive sofa, two custom chairs, and storage ottoman in early January. We were told it would take 6 weeks and was to be delivered February 7th. On February 13 we get a call telling us it would not be delivered until March 20. According to Mattie she "tried to work some magic" to get it on a truck which was coming to Alta on the 6th. We live 5 minutes from Alta. Per Mattie in a song done voice "she just couldn't work her magic". She did provide a very lame excuse that the truck "wasnt big enough". Perhaps getting a bigger truck would be a better plan than relying on "magic" Mattie. I again advised her we were told it would be delivered on Feb 7th, Mattie informed me the furniture just arrived there today. Again asking why it could not be delivered on the 6th was again told the truck was not big enough.

I do suggest to this company to try honesty and fair trade practices and maybe they would not have such poor reviews. Glad this happened now as we were planning on going there this weekend to buy a complete set of bedroom furniture. I did advise to Mattie I would be placing this review; however, I also advise her I'm sure she nor the company really care. When your company is this large one poor review matters little. Be assured hell will freeze over before I do business with a company that chooses to have such poor customer service. Thanks for keeping me without furniture when you will be 5 miles away from my house. WELL DONE.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Hello Roxann, thank you for your honest feedback. We are very sorry to hear about the frustrations you experienced with your delivery date, we understand that can be upsetting. We would be happy to take a look at this for you, however we would need some more information to access your order. Please contact us via phone, email or live chat. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

SHAM *Mattress Policy*. Purchased a Serta and IN 2.5 MONTHS, it developed a wad of clumpy batting right under my back. NFM sent their guy with a ruler and a camera and quickly determined it was a 'fluke'/defect. Heard the same parroted verbiage from surveyor, salesperson, claims dept, and customer service rep- "that's a rare circumstance". Well trained- I'd say! First, they tried to send the exact mattress as a replacement- Um, no. Then they told me I had to buy within the same brand which jumps from 1K to 1,500 with no intermediate choices. So we selected the Sealy (probably junque as well- we are holding our breath). That hassle had to be approved to move out of the Serta brand, despite handing them another $300!!

SO THEN they tried to take away our 30 day trial period- stating final sale. Um, no. NFM mattress policy states that if you purchase their overpriced pad, you have a 30 day wait period then up to 120 days to reselect if you find sleep discomfort. It sounds like they are standing by their product- right? WRONG! If you file a claim it NULL & VOIDS ALL protection! I had to spend 2 hours demanding a trial period for my second attempt to buy a (price increased) mattress from them with the same options to reselect if it doesn't offer a 1K+ nights worth of comfort! They only gave us 30 days trial (not 120) and ALLOWED us to hand them $300+ more dollars! Haha! We were penalized/ lost protection/ endured a HASSLE all for a defective mattress! NFM doesn't stand by the product they sell- that's a detriment in the mattress industry- shop elsewhere, people!

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Hello Debbie Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that the mattress return policy was not explained thoroughly at the time of purchase as well as for the situation and how it progressed. We would like an opportunity to look into this situation to see if there is anything that may have been overlooked or that may be helpful in resolution of the issues you have experienced. Please feel free to reach out to us with more information.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Purchased a Samsung fridge only to have the ice maker go out about 3-4 months after the manufacturers warranty expired. Called the extended warranty and now its been over a month and the ice maker is still not fixed and all I get is the excuse that the parts are on back order. I contacted NFM and I basically got "Sorry not our problem".

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Hello Axel! Thank you for leaving your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about your ice maker and the long delay to get the replacement parts. Please understand that NFM does not service appliances. We simply do not have the team to do so. This is why we provide the option to purchase an extended warranty in addition to the manufacturer's warranty. I hope you can get your problem resolved when the replacement parts arrive.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

They sell TV online at incredible prices but it is BAIT and SWITCH. They do not disclose in their ads or website that there is no warranty for the big screen TVs. They are made for Asian distribution. Only after you agree to their terms and give your credit card info and send it, do they pull the switch. Fortunately, I canceled before they could get the payment but buyer beware, these guys are up to no good.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Scary experience with all these employees gathering and not recognizing any of the customers and you could hear their laughs and there was not any sign of customer service. They kept getting busy with their own talk and don’t give any directions for the guest needs and their response was not enough to encourage to buy for the shoppers. I promise they needed Some clear direction from the management which did not seem there was any!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Purchased 75" Samsung OLED with free delivery. Received phone call saying we need to sign a waiver because it didn't come with a warranty. Salesman said what we purchased was junk and was being shipped from China. Rambled on about how crappy the TV I chose was. Insulted my intelligence by saying, "you get what you pay for". Well... original price was listed at $3999. $4K is not cheap! When I told him to cancel my order he said he couldn't cause it was already shipped YESTERDAY. Wait? It was shipped yesterday? But you just called me today to confirm my order and sign a waiver. He continued to then say I would be charged for delivery to return the TV and returning it voided the free delivery offer so I'd be charged for that as well. Over $400! How is this not fraud? Or theft???? DO NOT BUY from them!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I purchased a SAMSUNG BIG SCREEN TV only to be called and told it has no warranty. I was also told the Samsung unit I purchased was made in Korea and was pure junk. Then I was told they could not deliver it to my town. Funny thing is I called the company prior to making my purchase and asked if it was a good product and could be delivered without issue. I was told before making my purchase it was a great TV and I would have no problems. BUYER BEWARE OF THESE DISHONEST PEOPLE.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Purchased dining room chairs Nov 11, 2018. As of today my chairs have not arrived! Delivery date was supposed to 12/6/18. Customer service has lied. Continue to give me runaround! Never again buy anything!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

NFM cards do not let you transfer balances if you are getting close to the interest free time period. I have never experienced or knew that a company could deny forms of payment. NFM will only allow you to pay cash/bank account on the balance. I did not notice this because I always have used my bank card, but I had a few hundred dollars left on my purchase and I wanted to make sure I did not miss the timeline and accrue all that back interest. They informed me I was not allowed to transfer my balance away from them to another credit card. I would have to pay cash in time or take the interest hit. I asked about a check from a card and they said they would not take second party checks either.

I was lucky my balance was low enough to pay and cancel my credit card, but I'm thinking about those people who didn't realize they would never be able to transfer their balance if they got too close to the interest hit. It seems like a VERY ROTTEN MOVE ON NEBRASKA FURNITURE'S PART. They were my favorite furniture store. That's why I went ahead and signed up for their card. Please be warned!!! I could not find any information on the internet of another company doing something like this to their customers. They may be the only one.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The missus wanted to replace our dining room and den furniture. We purchased over $3,000 worth the furniture and purchased it on a tax free weekend. The discount was to discount the furniture the same amount as the sales tax but when we checked out they did not discount the furniture. We had to get a manager involved to refund the tax credit which was over $240 worth of tax credit but they would only refund $220 worth of tax credit. Even though we showed them the receipt they still argued and would not refund the full amount of tax credit. Plus they charge $90 to drop off the furniture as supposedly delivery. They seem to be creative in ways to cheat you. If you buy from them just be fully warned up front.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I purchased Samsung 3 door with warranty. Quit running Oct 2018. NFM says Samsung has to fix condenser yet no Samsung repair person near Lexington. All food ruined and using coolers through the holidays. This is the 4th month of trying to get NFM to honor purchase of their product. If no repairmen in area do not sell a warranty. Replace the refrigerator! Shame on you as we are in our 70s.

Nebraska Furniture Mart Company Information