1.27/5
  • 1 star
Based on 131 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Nebraska Furniture Mart

Founded by Russian immigrant Rose Blumkin or "Mrs. B" as she was affectionately known, Nebraska Furniture Mart is a home furnishings super store with Locations in Omaha, NE, Kansas City, KS, The Colony, TX and Des Moines, IA. They carry everything for the home from Furniture and Flooring to Appliances and Electronics.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 8, 2017

139 Nebraska Furniture Mart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Shortly after purchasing a DTV Converter from NFM, the remote broke. Although it had only been a few weeks, I learned that the manufacturer had already gone out of business. Therefore, I purchased a universal remote upon the recommendation of BFN, only to learn that all universal remotes were incompatible and/or unprogrammable because necessary codes did not exist. NFM maintains their 'oh well' position.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Hello Susan! We apologize the sales person did not sell you a compatible remote. NFM does have a 30 day return/exchange policy, from date of purchase. We would like to look into this for you. Can you please verify the Full Name, Address, Zip Code, and Phone number on the account?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Ordered this Hardin Recliner from Nebraska Furniture Mart based it supposedly being for "big" consumers. The actual seating area is substantially narrower than my 20-year-old La-Z-Boy chair. However, the "deal breaker" is that the chair literally leans you forward and tries to dump you on the floor. I had to have my son hold onto the back of the chair just so I could use the lever to extend the footrest. Once I did so, he let go and the chair immediately rocked forward with enough force that if I hadn't just stood up it would have literally thrown me on the floor. I will be seeing what kind of remedy NFM offers up tomorrow, but either this chair is defective in construction or in design. (I will update rating as things progress.)

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

We bought a bed from NFM and had it scheduled to deliver on 10/25/17 between 10am-12pm. We called to get an estimate time of arrival and were told that our delivery was now between 12pm-2pm. The delivery truck did not show up until 3:30pm. I ended up taking off from work all day to wait for their delivery. What's makes it even worse is that they did not deliver the box spring. Talked to Customer Service and they could not deliver the box spring until 11/15/17 between 8am-10am. Called on 11/15/17 to get ETA and was told our delivery window was between 12pm-2pm. The same story as the last time. Called Customer Service and they are of no help even though, NFM has made every mistake possible. This is the worst customer experience I have ever had. NFM has lost my business!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I recently purchased a sectional from Nebraska Furniture Mart and unfortunately it did not fit the room very well. The delivery people arrived and I let them know that because it is so large it is difficult to fit through the doorways. As expected, they were having a hard time, and asked me to sign a release of liability to continue the return. I expected that they would continue to use due care when removing the furniture. Wrong. They took it as a license to put two holes in my wall, one in my door and strip the door jamb. And because I signed a release they will not reimburse the significant cost that this will take to fix. No good deed goes unpunished.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

On August 7, 2017 I purchased a leather sofa, leather love seat, leather recliner and a area rug, When it was delivered I asked the delivery man for the paperwork for the merchandise he was delivering. He advised me we did not need it saying if we had problems all we had to do was contact customer service. WRONG ANSWER!!! The recliner has a busted leg and since 30 days have passed it was my problem and not theirs. l have tried numerous times to get this handled.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?

Resolution response: Nov. 22, 2017

I want to update my review for NFM. When I posted my negative experience with NFM on this site last month, they immediately contacted me to discuss and resolve. They did their research on my purchase, and they agreed to pick up my furniture, have it repaired and re-delivered within a week. They followed through with the pick-up, but when they re-delivered, one of the feet was missing the bolt thread. While the delivery people were still at my home, they scheduled a furniture tech to come out the next day. The tech missed the appointment so I called them, and they were courteous and apologetic. The tech came the very next day. There was a simple mix up with the first scheduled visit. NFM gave me a courtesy gift certificate for the missed appointment, my sofa is fixed, I'm happy, and I'm making sure I tell you how NFM chose to handle my situation and totally make it right.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

When I found the clearance area of Nebraska Furniture Mart in The Colony, TX I was thrilled. Recently divorced, my funds were low and it seemed like the perfect way to buy good quality at a lower price. I bought an Ashley leather sofa with Guardian leather protection. Beautiful blue. Salesperson, Bonnie, was helpful and encouraging. Delivery was on time and smooth.

So, three months after delivery the right side of the sofa collapsed. Literally. Legs still attached but the frame cracked. I think I've sat on it 20 times. I agreed to clearance terms, it's on my receipt, so no warranty, except on my Guardian covered fabric. If I'd purchased Guardian Gold coverage, it would have covered the frame. That wasn't something I really considered or discussed. Patricia in NFM customer care said she was sorry, and I believe her, and she is sending me a $50 discount on my next purchase and gave me the numbers of a few furniture repair shops in the area. Yes, minimum cost found was $59 trip charge and $15 per 15 minutes they're here plus the repair. My feelings range from sad, mad, and stupid.

So, my original blessing to find a less expensive sofa turned out to be a very poor decision with no recourse by Nebraska or Ashley (yes, I called them). They all reminded me that I agreed to the terms of a clearance sale, and they're right. Who expects their sofa to collapse after 3 months? Ashley even said NFM had it on clearance for a reason so it was a risk that I accepted. Yep, all fingers point this way and I accept responsibility for my poor choice. So, fellow consumers, please avoid clearance areas as best you can unless you get a warranty plan that covers the unexpected... And well, at that point you might as well buy non-clearance. Since I had no idea I needed to check for a defective frame at the store or upon delivery, I guess I need to go on YouTube to learn furniture construction and repair. Beware of clearance.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Purchased a bunk bed in June. It was delivered in August. After three delivery attempts to bring the right parts to assembly this bed and several phone calls, placed on hold for hours and unreturned phone calls. Our children bedroom after several months still has headboards, rails, mattresses, etc. lying all over this room. This room is unsafe to walk into and cannot get anyone from NFM to call us back or a plan how this bunk bed will ever be assembled. Still do not have the correct parts. Last we heard a new bed was ordered and should be delivered in November. Shocked how they stay in business.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I was in line and the cashier said that they needed to update my information. I gave her info to update my information and she said I was on credit hold and to go to finance. I went to finance and the lady said that I would need to refill out an application. I told them, "No thank" and left. When I got home I got call saying that they had performed a hard pull on my credit report. Outrageous behavior. I am contacting my lawyer and the Consumer Financial Bureau for an unauthorized credit pull.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I have been an NFM customer for over 40 years. In 1989, 28 years ago, I decided to start paying for my purchases with the NFM card, rather than cash. I have furnished three homes with their products in those years. I have bought every single electronic device I own from this store. Long story short, due to a cancer diagnosis, I have been late on a couple payments, never missed one mind you, but have been late. I am current on my account as of last week. That's the one thing about cancer no one talks about, the financial ramifications it causes a family. I went last week to purchase a $31.55 memory card for a camera. I decided to use my NFM card as I haven't used it in over a year.

Upon checkout, I was led by a man to a set of chairs and asked to sit and wait. I then received a call from a very rude woman saying that my $6,700 credit limit was reduced to $2,000 but that I had enough credit to purchase $31.55. What?? I received no letters, no phone calls, nothing before this day... Nothing to lead me to believe there was an issue with my account. Do you think I'd charge $31.55 if there was an issue? I felt ambushed, ashamed, embarrassed and humiliated. If this store keeps increasing my credit limit, as they have done every year, why in the world would they just eliminate $4,700 in my credit limit? The employee was condescending, rude and I will never, ever, shop there again, nor will my family, or company.

How utterly disgusting to treat a long-term customer this way, or any customer for that matter. You increase my credit year after year, tempting me to come back and then, slam, you take it away. How incredibly cruel. AND OVER A $31.55 CHARGE! There are other places to shop for furniture and electronics, etc. You're not the be all and end all of stores. How dare you do this to someone who has been regularly paying you for this many years, but gets dealt a horrible blow from fate, is late but still current now. Once you dangle that "increased credit" in front of someone, you cannot take it away so harshly, and in such a humiliating way. I felt ambushed. You cruel, cruel people.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I placed order with Nebraska on August 7th and Delivery was on Aug 14th. The delivery team when installing the assembled furniture realized that one of the legs was wobbly and was not connected properly to the unit. They raise a service request and I got a call on Aug 14th for delivery on 17th. As part of the call, it was informed that the service team will try to fix else they will have a new item in the truck so that they can replace. 1) Service team first was surprised that assembly was not complete. 2) Looks like the claim didn't have the information they were looking for. 3) They said the issue was with my floor and the delivery team were lazy.

When we asked them to look at all the legs of the furniture, they realized that one leg was actually loose and had a problem. They couldn't fix it but they actually broke a small piece as well. Service team then said that I need to place for an exchange. 4) Service team was not taking responsibility of what they have done and they were careless. I had to call customer care in front of them and then they communicated the same to customer service for an exchange order. 5) Customer care tells me that someone from Nebraska miss informed me about service. I asked them to go thru the tapes about the call n Aug 14th and take necessary action. There is clear miscommunication between Delivery, Customer care and Service department and service engineers were irresponsible.

Original review: July 3, 2017

A little more that a month ago I purchased a headboard and rails. I then purchased a mattress a few days later on the contention that it would be delivered together. To save on delivery??? Upon delivery, I noticed the delivery guy going to the truck and looking in the box several times. I knew something wasn't right. The delivery guy walks out of the bedroom with his cell phone in hand and proceeds to tell me that he cannot put the bed together because they didn't have the screws (seriously!!). He hands the phone to me and states, "My Manager wants to talk to you." He proceeds to apologize and states he doesn't think it can be resolved today. Wait what. I must've misunderstood. I then stated, "Where am I suppose to sleep until it's convenient for you to come back?" He didn't know and would get back to me. About an hour later he calls and states, "Someone will be there today." Mind you I took the day off in anticipation of the delivery.

So here I sit sitting and then I receive a call from the original delivery guys stating they'd be back after they finished their meal at McDonalds. Needless to say, they never showed and I call their number twice with no response. I call Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM) and check the status, the resolution truck will be there at 1. When 1 came and went I called again. The next time was 3 and then for sure by 5 then finally 8 (at night). Because the resolution truck handles issues first come first serve. The guys show up a little after 8 and guess what. They didn't have SCREWS. Why are you here? They proceed to find any screw on the truck, they begin trying them and they weren't working. I finally said, "Stop. I don't want random screws. I want the screws that come with this bed. If you don't have them leave."

Oh mind you at one point one of the guys said that he lived nearby and they made me their last stop so he could have the driver drop him off at home when they were done. So much for first come first serve huh (lightning strike #1)⚡️. Clearly I didn't run for cover quick enough because I found myself in NFM again. Who doesn't like a great deal on furniture. So find a couch that I loved, I opted to do 90 days same as cash. I stood at that finance counter for three hours because the young guy couldn't figure out how to use a calculator if his life depended upon it. If this tells you anything he said, "You still want the Sunday delivery. Correct?" "Yes unless you can get it to me sooner." He comes back with the Friday after my original delivery schedule. I said, "I'm pretty sure my current delivery date is before what you're offering." I finally left everything signed and I'm excited about the pending delivery.

The thunder came rolling in today when my phone rang and it was NFM stating the contract was wrong and that I need to drive the 40 minutes to their store to sign a new contract. Boom. Lightning struck a second time⚡️⚡️. I start with, "What the. What." It appears the $100 credit they gave me for the first lightning strike was not applied so there was no value. I was threatened with having my delivery cancelled if I didn't go in and correct their mistake. I spoke with a Manager who was horrible. She had no clue on what she was talking about. I actually hung up on her which is something I don't normally do but I couldn't listen to their nonsense. If you want a nightmare buying experience then this is where you should go. It's awesome to get a great deal but they're really lacking in Customer Service. Warren Buffett you have the money to train your employees better.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Purchased a sofa set (Nebraska told it is genuine leather)... completely peeled-off. When I called Nebraska, Nebraska guy himself told it is not at all leather and they replaced the covers... Within five months again peeled-off. Spent 1800 USD. Now If I call, Nebraska guys are saying, it was manufacturer defect and manufacturer warranty is over. Folks: Nebraska furniture is not at all genuine and it is worst service in USA. You should never buy from Nebraska Dallas.

Am I buying sofa only for one year? Even though complaint is given a month back (Before expiry) they will not repair or just because it is crossed the warranty?

Am I buying from Nebraska or from some poor manufacturer? So overall, Nebraska Dallas clearly told - They are middle-man and they are not responsible for their manufacturer goods. NEVER EVER buy from Nebraska...

Original review: June 17, 2017

I have one complaint. If NFM tells customers that they will install the item purchased, then I think it's their responsibility to bring the tools, parts, etc. needed to accomplish the installation. If the customer needs to provide parts, etc. they need to have that explained upfront! My stainless Maytag with French doors and water and ice through the door is beautiful. The price was good, the delivery was on time, and the delivery men were efficient and competent. However, they would not hook up my ice maker and water. I was told when I bought the refrigerator that all I needed was a copper line for the water. I have that. Unfortunately I do not have some small connector that will attach the line to the hose on the fridge. Due to the fact that I am not a manly furniture-moving plumber, I specifically required my new purchase to be hooked up when it was delivered.

I now possess a bright shiny chilled box that does not dispense ice or water. I could have paid $1000.00 less and gotten the same thing. I have to go to the hardware store, buy a connector, and my husband is going to have to try and hook this up. I have no interest in either of these activities. If I did I guess I could have driven a truck to a store and picked up a fridge, brought it home, and installed it myself. Part of my decision to purchase from NFM was based on the delivery and installation. I will not make this mistake again. I would have happily paid a little more for competent installation. I'm not satisfied with the experience at all. I called and complained to customer service, but they were not able to offer any "service". I'm not impressed.

Resolution response: Aug. 16, 2017

I am now a very satisfied customer. Nebraska furniture mart gave me a credit which i used to purchase a different sofa ~ no delivery fee or anything and picked up the defective one - 14 MONTHS after the sale- which I was impressed with. I will now go back.

Original review: June 9, 2017

Ordered sofa. It was delivered with a broken zipper in cushion. Because of the way it was brought to me I did not notice. Called customer service. Had to wait 6 weeks for the manufacturer to send me a new cushion, the store would not. While waiting the remaining zipper broke within a week. Finally got the replacement cushions and guess what? Zipper broke within a week. I would never purchase again. Lousy service after the sale.

Original review: May 5, 2017

What is a "sale" to me? It means merchandise will be marked down or discounted. Not at NFM. To them it means everything is FOR sale. On television they advertise a HUGE SALE in every department. They tell you, get there "early for the best deals etc., etc." You go there when they open and nothing is on sale. It's the same old prices. I went there as soon as they opened hoping to get a new refrigerator as mine went out and I'm using a dorm fridge. Not one refrigerator was on sale. I asked the sales associate about it and he directed me to some used and damaged ones in another area that sell for less.

Then I asked about reducing the price of a refrigerator I have been waiting to buy. They said, find one in another store for less and we will see if we can match it. Of course no one has reduced the price in six months on this refrigerator. I browsed other departments. Nothing was on sale. Again, the regular prices. As far as I'm concerned this is false advertising. How are they getting away with this?

Original review: April 19, 2017

Bought a new Electrolux washer and had it delivered and set up by NFM. Delivery was to be between 1 & 3 PM. Early that morning the delivery person called and said they would be to our location early. He asked if that was OK which it was. At 2 PM their office called and said they were in my neighborhood and would be there no later than 2:45. At 3:05 I called to ask where they were. She called the driver and he said he would be there in a couple of minutes. At 3:35 they finally arrived.

The installation crew had a hard time trying to figure out how to mount the washer on the pedestal. They could not get the washer thru the door. I told them we just removed a similar washer with a pedestal the day before. They turned the washer 90 degrees and it went right thru. Then they said I had a bad electrical outlet as the new washer would not plug in. The house is only 3 years old. I told them to try again and it went right in. They turn it on to prove it runs. I asked if they were going to check the level on it. The woman said they level it to the floor. I again asked how they knew if it was level. She yelled to the other two guys to bring a level in and check it. Folks, if you want bad service buy from NFM. I'll NEVER buy from them again in Dallas!

Original review: April 15, 2017

I ordered an online TV console and received the wrong one. I ordered a 62" TV console order **/SKU39499579 online from NFM (Nebraska Furniture Mart/Texas site) on 3/12/17. When I received my order several weeks later and opened the box I noticed it didn't look like the one I ordered. I called NFM in the afternoon of 5 Apr 2017 to issue a complaint about my purchase. I was told that I could return it but there would be a 25% ($157 dollar in this case) restocking fee. I stated that I didn't receive the correct item I ordered and it was NFM's mistake and that I shouldn't be charged a restocking fee for your mistake. I explained that I was sent a different TV console than the one pictured for SKU 39499579. I received one with a much narrower drawer.

I got nowhere with customer service so I asked to speak to a manager. I spoke to ** a NFM representative, I explained what transpired with the picture that was a representation of the item I ordered vs what I received. She asked me to take a picture of the item I received and send it to her. I emailed it to the email I was given, ** on 5 Apr 2017. She said she would contact the vendor and see what the issue was. Clearly, someone put the wrong picture with the SKU number I ordered resulting in me receiving the wrong item. I had not received a return email from ** so I emailed her again on 4/7/17 saying that if I didn't hear from her by the business day's end that I would take other action.

I did not hear from her so the BBB was my next step. I did make copies of the site and the item I ordered. To remedy the NFM mistake, I either wanted the TV console pictured in the original order with the wider drawer or complete refund of the purchase price including delivery I paid for... a total of $692.78 as listed on my bill. A few days later through THE BBB, NFM said they would give me a full refund. I accepted the NFM response. Scheduled pick-up of the TV console was set for 15 Apr between 1-3 PM. They did not show for the allotted time and I did not receive any courtesy call so I called the office and complained. The office told me he was running late. He finally showed up at 3:50 PM. To say the least... I never experienced this from NFM Nebraska the 30 years I lived in Nebraska. It's not the same store in Texas!!!

Original review: April 14, 2017

To everyone heed my warning; Nebraska Furniture Mart has furniture for a fair price. But after the purchase all goes to hell. Promises are made, and not followed through, common sense mistake are make and they really don't care. Purchase bedroom furniture and 3 area rugs on 3/18/17. On March 31, 2017, I received a phone saying my delivery will come on 4/1/17.

HERE IS WHERE EVERYTHING STARTS GOING DOWNHILL. The gentleman came to my home and started putting the bed together, and, there weren't any area rugs on the truck, and there weren't any slats to put my box spring and mattress down to sleep. Call customer service, they said they call me back. Receive a phone call back a few hours later to hear they can deliver my slats 5 days later on 4/5/17. I ask for a manager, everything I need is in the Plano store, and no one can deliver them. So if I want to sleep I have to pick them up. I go and pick them to find out that I have to put legs on the slats and install them. We thought the bed would have to be taken apart to install the slats.

I call customer service and the conversation started getting intense. I told ** that I didn't want my wife to go back because of the first experience. Later during the intense conversation, ** said "AFTER YOUR FIRST EXPERIENCE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE COME BACK and YOUR WIFE SHOULD HAVE LISTEN TO YOU." Something along those lines was said. I was dumbfounded. After all this my wife and I finally had our breakfast-lunch or dinner at 3:30pm. Not sure what we wanted to call it, but were hungry!

On Saturday late afternoon I spoke to Craig at **. To inquire about our area rugs. He told us that two out of the three will be delivered tomorrow (Sunday 4/2/47). Craig said that we should receive two calls - 1. For putting the bed together correctly and 2. For the time the carpet will be delivered. That evening we never received a call letting us know when the delivery will be. Sunday Morning, we received a call during Mass/Services telling us that are at our home waiting to deliver our carpet and slats. I asked what happen about our phone call, which he had no answer! We decided to cancel our area rug that was on backorder because we didn't want to go through any more hassles. SO NOW WE THOUGHT WE WERE DONE WITH NEBRASKA FURNITURE. RIGHT.

WRONG. A few days later I'm looking at the furniture and to be truthful it looked nice in our room. But I found a tear/rip on the headboard and I could see the wood. I called customer service again, by now I have all the number memorized to get through to them. I told them what was wrong. They offered me a few dollars and I said no. So now they're coming back and the end of the month to switch the headboard. Finally it should be done. But I went through hell to deal with them. So my advice, spend a few dollars more and goes to a reputable company that cares about the person and keeps their promises. I will. I rather spend a little more than to go through all this hell. Oh by the way, I did get some money back for my troubles, but it not worth it, but it helps some, just a tiny bit.

Original review: April 11, 2017

The Guardsman warranty plan is a huge waste of money. I bought several pieces of furniture and wanted to be sure they will last me a few years so I purchased the Guardsman plan on all pieces. The dining table and chairs had problems right away and I went through the tedious process of submitting their claim (telephone calls, wait on hold, get their form, take photos, describe issues, etc.). Sent in and never heard a thing from them. Got busy and didn't follow up; now they say the plan doesn't cover ANYTHING, nada, zip (sooo, what am I paying for, exactly???). AND they waited so long to NOT contact me that the manufacturer warranty is gone now too.

And NFM is 'so sorry' but there's nothing they can do -- like a credit on my account for their crappy furniture with a leather seat that split a seam the first month or so and a table wing that never stays secured in place. I have shopped at NFM for years -- back to when Mrs. B was alive and it was just a little place in Omaha -- but do you think that gets me anything from MEGA CORP now? Of course not. Well, they won't be seeing any more of my money from now on.

Original review: March 16, 2017

Had to deal with Guardsman insurance and was told that since my purchase was over a year old, you cannot submit your claim online, you must call in and then mail your claim in. After spending 30 minutes on hold the first time and the recording keeps stating to file your claim online, after speaking with NFM they stated there is nothing they can do, and if my stain had occurred within the first year, they would have sent a technician out themselves. So sorry that I take care of my furniture so that it last!

Original review: March 9, 2017

Make a long story short we bought a Tempur-Pedic mattress a little over 30 days ago. I had been waiting years and years to get one. I finally convinced my husband that we needed one so he finally okayed for us to get one. Tempur-Pedic works very well for some people that for us we have back problems and it did not work good for us. So I had called and spoke to a lady on the phone and she said there was going to be all these different fees $149 processing fee or a restocking fee and then she was going to charge me pickup fee to come pick the bed up and also charge me a percentage of what the adjustable base cost or something like that. Well she ended up lowering some fees for me but still I believe that it was wrong for Nebraska Furniture Mart and general to charge those prices because if you go to sleep experts they will give you a full year to try out the bed and Nebraska Furniture Mart only gives you 120 days.

But - make a long story short I spoke with Gary on the phone. He is the customer service manager. He called me back to see if I had spent my $300 gift card that they had given me when we purchased the bed and I told him yes that I did. Well he ended up listening to my story and he totally agreed with me that it was not right to charge all these different fees. So he offered me a $300 gift card to go back to Nebraska Furniture Mart because I was definitely sold or not ever going back.

He was very kind and courteous and he does his job correctly and he really cares for Nebraska Furniture Mart and his job obviously because he helped me and our situation and has lowered fees for us to where there was no pickup fee, no percentage and also Gave us a $300 gift card that we will be receiving in the mail. I do have a credit card there and I will definitely go back and shop because of Gary. I will be a lifelong customer to Nebraska Furniture Mart. Thank you again for understanding and doing what is right.

Original review: March 8, 2017

We purchased three items from NFM on January 8th, 2017. One of those items was a couch that we needed to special order. We were told it would be 4-6 weeks before the couch would be assembled and ready for delivery which we felt was acceptable. After the 6 week mark, and not hearing from anyone at NFM, we called to inquire about the delivery status. Not one person on staff could inform us of when our couch would be delivered nor if it was even ready from the manufacturer. We called to follow-up at least 4 times each additional week that our couch was not delivered - no one from NFM ever called us, we were always the ones who had to reach out to them.

Eventually, we spoke to someone this morning March 8th who actually followed up with us this same afternoon to inform us that our order was NEVER placed with the manufacturer by our salesperson, Dan. Therefore, we were informed that it would be another 4-6 weeks before our couch would be delivered. For reference, we had Dan's company number which he instructed us to call if we had any questions about our order. He was the first person we called when we never received our couch after the 6th week. We left countless messages to no avail. He never returned any of our calls, so ultimately we spoke to many, many other individuals at NFM who tried to "help" us.

Nebraska Furniture Mart should have made it a priority to find out why our couch was not ready after the established 6 week deadline especially because we had already paid for this item months ago. Additionally, because no one at their facility could provide us answers, that could have been of even more concern to them. Poor communication with the customer as well as poor communication between staff was a huge contributor to this flub. It is clear that you are only a priority when you are a potential buyer. Once you have completed your purchase you are of no value. Once we were told it would be another 4-6 weeks because of the error and unconcerned nature of our salesperson, Dan, we immediately canceled out order. Nebraska Furniture Mart did not offer any sort of compensation or try to "make it right" in any way. We are incredibly disappointed.

Unfortunately, we also had ordered a beautiful credenza which was delivered damaged (there was a medium sized chipped portion of the wood); however, we were just so thrilled for it to have finally arrived (and we did not want to deal with the inconvenience of sending it back) that we decided to overlook the imperfection. We have also ordered a gas cook-top in February that we purchased and took home same-day. Once we opened the box the iron piece that sits over the flames was broken on one side. Unfortunately, the cook-top was installed by professionals so by the time we were informed of the break it was already installed. We decided it wasn't worth the trouble to replace since it would still function appropriately; however, spending $800 on a broken item is unfortunate.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

Bought a refrigerator, wall oven, cooktop, and dishwasher on Black Friday to take advantage of 40% off offers. Found everything we wanted, and scheduled delivery right away since the salesman told us that there were only 3 refrigerators left in stock. Delivery dates were December 16 for the wall oven and cooktop, and December 30 for the dishwasher and refrigerator.

December 16 delivery went fine, as planned. A week later, we receive a phone call that the refrigerator needed to be moved out to January 6 due to a manufacturer delay. Even though the day we shopped, we were told the refrigerator was IN STOCK. Told them to move the dishwasher to that date as well so I didn't have to schedule an extra day off. Beginning of that week comes, and they move it out again to January 13. Dishwasher was delivered on the 6th. Another phone call a few days later moves the refrigerator out to FEBRUARY 12TH. Are you kidding me? That is 11 WEEKS past the date of purchase. No apologies, only a promise to have the salesman contact me to discuss the situation. Salesman never contacts me.

I sent a strongly worded email through their website describing the situation. I received a canned response, telling me that the salesman and the salesman's manager have been notified and one of them would contact me. Again, no contact from either person. I start watching the availability of the refrigerator on their website. First look says it will be in Feb. 10th, then Feb. 2nd, then last week it shows that the refrigerator is in stock now. I called them to ask about the delivery status. They tell me it's in stock but still scheduled for Feb. 12th. I ask them if they can move it up because we have been waiting forever. They never even gave a thought to proactively try to get it to us sooner, given the situation! So now, it's scheduled for delivery this Friday, Feb. 3rd. There will be problems for sure if I get another phone call about delays.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

NFM continues to try to downplay a situation where they have sold me damaged and/or defective products. Of 9 orders I have received 3 defective receivers, which NFM all verified were damaged...a refrigerator which upon receipt had damages to it as well as a faulty ice maker, and again NFM was aware it was damaged and that it was their fault...a bed set in which had a damaged night stand, which took them three times to get me one that did not have a crack, and yes they verified it was damaged, and a elliptical unit in which they had to send 3 out in order to get one that worked. And yes when their techs came out they confirmed that there was defects. When their workers came to the home, they tracked in mud, dirt, and damaged parts of my home.

They now have exercised the right not to do business with me, after I question their business practices and what they have sold to me sell. Does this seem a bit odd? Wouldn't you as a business do everything you can to win back the trust of the customer. Yes, they have offered me discount letters, but these don't supplement the several times I had to take off work in order to wait for them to rectify their mistakes and bad products. And many of the discount letters I still have in my possession, however they have just told me I am not welcome in their business. So those letters aren't worth the ink that is printed on them. How are they to resolve that?

Is it too much for a customer to ask for NFM to sell an item that works the first time. I shop all over and rarely do I have any issues with the products I buy. However I shop at NFM, and almost everything they send to me is defective, broke or malfunctioning. That is a reflection of the company not of the customer. Lastly, I have never seen a customer service department as bad as NFM's. They are disrespectful, ungrateful to other people's time, rude, and dishonest. I request again a formal apology from Lori **, the CEO of the company, and the BBB to make sure this report is clearly shown to all customers who do research on this store.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I purchased my kitchen appliances: refrigerator, dishwasher, warming drawer, convection microwave and wall oven November 23, 2017. I had a wonderful experience at the store, and the majority of my appliances were to be delivered the following Saturday. My prices were the lowest I had found and the salesman was helpful and friendly. I was told he would call me the following Monday to set up delivery of my dishwasher that was not in stock. He never called, and to this day never has. I was finally called by a customer service rep to schedule delivery approximately 2 weeks later, was then given a date of 2 or 3 weeks later and was then called back again stating delivery was not until Jan 18th. I will have waited on my dishwasher almost 2 months. I was told it was a manufacturer delay, however had been promised twice of delivery times. I could have purchased it elsewhere and had it months ago.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I purchased a counter height table and chairs from Nebraska Furniture Mart. Several days after we assembled and put it together, the top started to flake. At first, it was just one little spot, so I was going to overlook that and try to use one of the pens to cover a spot on furniture, but it started to happen in other spots. It is now awful looking and this table is only a little over a year old. I called Customer Service and they sent someone out. The table was examined and we were told it needed to be resurfaced. Now, I'm being told it was customer damage and they will not fix it. I also bought the extra warranty on it, but I was told it is not covered. I only wish I had read the reviews on this store before I made the purchase and it would never have happened. Now I'm stuck with an ugly table.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

When I made a purchase, I was told that if I opened up a Nebraska credit card that I would pay zero/no interest for 6 months. When I got my statement, I was charged 18% interest for an item I never picked up at the store. WHAT A SCAM. BUYERS BEWARE!!! My credit score went down from 846 to 827 because I opened up this account with Nebraska. HUGE scam.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I have a NFM credit card and have been a customer for a couple of years. Do not let your payments be even one day late or they report it to the credit bureaus. Then the phone calls start soon after. They are relentless. I have found their billing a little suspect because sometimes the billing cycle is 30 days, sometimes it's 29, sometimes it's 25. So it's almost they lie in wait for you to be late and they pounce with a quick reply to the bureaus. There is no grace period.

Resolution response: Jan. 18, 2017

NFM contacted me and agreed to give the promotional APR on the item that was sold as such. I certainly appreciate their willingness to work with me to correct this problem. They have also resolved the banking glitch with my credit report.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

I have purchased quite a bit of furniture from NFM and have had multiple problems. I will no longer be shopping there. Most recently I was told that the purchases I was making would be part of promotional rate and when I looked at bill, they were not. I called customer service and they were unwilling to help me. Have also had trouble getting problematic furniture under warranty serviced, don't ever purchase the warranties they sell as I haven't found that they will cover any problems you encounter.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

We purchased custom Rowe Furniture, quoted to be delivered 8 weeks after purchase. After 6 weeks I checked in the delivery date, and it was estimated for 6 more weeks. Eventually it was delivered, stained, several cushions, the entire ottoman, and the chair arm. Called. They sent out a rep I thought to clean it, but he just took pictures and said he would order replacement covers, a new chair and ottoman.

A week later, I get a call from customer service that required the serial number from each piece to order these replacements. I called back and have the serial numbers. Waited 4 weeks, knowing custom takes a while, called back to find out, they hadn't placed the order yet. They were waiting on me. When I clearly said I called back a month earlier, the rep said he did see that I called, but no one put the order in. At that time he said he would place the order, due to me January 24, 2017. Very disappointed, our new remodeled home, with stained furniture for both thanksgiving and Christmas. Believe me, I have told this story many times!

Nebraska Furniture Mart Company Information