Omaha, NB

3.9/5 (559 ratings)

About Nebraska Furniture Mart

Founded by Russian immigrant Rose Blumkin or "Mrs. B" as she was affectionately known, Nebraska Furniture Mart is a home furnishings super store with Locations in Omaha, NE, Kansas City, KS, The Colony, TX and Des Moines, IA. They carry everything for the home from Furniture and Flooring to Appliances and Electronics.

Nebraska Furniture Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

The bedroom furniture looked OK in the showroom but after delivery I discovered it was poorly designed and constructed. I expected more from a company that boasts an investor named Warren Buffett. Drawers are small, both in the dresser and chest of drawers, and the hardware and wood materials are cheaply made.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

UPDATED 08/31/2022: I cancelled my ice maker Aug 15th 2022 told it would take 2 days still have not received it. I have contacted them again on Aug 30 and no response This is very poor customer relations. Will never buy from them again. I would not even give them a star but had to for this review.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I purchased a Whirlpool refrigerator in April and also order the icemaker told me that the ice maker was not in stock but would be in June and so I scheduled for them both to be delivered at the same time. June came and they called and said no icemaker but they could delivered the refrigerator which they delivered but failed to inform me that I need a special shut off. They took my old refrigerator and left the new one, stating that as soon as I had the shut off value moved they would come back and deliver and install my ice maker, well it is now Aug and they came to install my icemaker and could not install it because Whirlpool packed the wrong part. I have now cancelled my icemaker and so done with NFM.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Hi Lou! I apologize for all the issues you've experienced with your appliance order, I understand that's frustrating. If we can be of assistance, please contact us at 1(800)359-1200 EXT: 22435, chat at nfm.com, or email contact.us@nfm.com.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 26, 2022

NFM Custom Draperies ranks a solid "F" in customer service, trust and reliability. UNABLE TO FULFILL YOUR ORDER. Ok, so you're reading this review and you already know that NFM is the leader in consumer complaints. In fact, it boasts the trophy for lowest rated score for retailer of furniture in the area. My complaint is just another of hundreds of thousands. As such, I'll share my word of warning based on my experience. Suggestion: DO NOT BUY FROM THE CUSTOM DRAPERY DIVISION or any department for that matter.

I've been waiting nearly eight months for an order for draperies that I was made to prepay for. I was informed at purchase it would be 60-90 days maximum before completion and installation. It's been more than double that time frame. I'm totally understanding of trade delays and the aftermath of a global pandemic but this extends way beyond simple delays or product discontinuance. It is irresponsible and poor business practice on the part of NFM.

NFM and its sales people and customer service director will not produce the product fabric ordered after numerous delays. Additionally, they will not provide any estimated time of completion. You would think that since they can't produce the product after eight long months, they would say, "We are sorry" and offer a refund. They've already wasted eight months of my time. Over the eight months I've made numerous calls, sent dozens of emails, filed complaints, made requests for updates etc. No help! Instead, I am met with rude, arrogant and condescending management who can't provide any details or solutions. The sub par, and borderline unprofessional service I've received from the sales people and their director Elizabeth ** is dreadful.

Meanwhile I'm out over $5,000 cash. I've had no window coverings for almost a year plus I'm stuck making NFM credit card payments on the balance and nothing to show for it and zero confidence it will be done to satisfaction or in reasonable time. NFM refuses to refund me or offer any reasonable solutions. Who would want to continue to work with a company like this?

Why am I writing this review? To help the next consumer. I should have read the reviews for NFM prior to trusting them with my time and money. They have excuses for everything but can't manage to offer solutions and are operating on the edge of dishonest practice. Remember there is a reason for a poor rating on every platform. NFM has earned dismal rating of "F".

Original review: July 9, 2022

MALLORY DESERVES A MILLION STARS! I had the pleasure of dealing with Mallory S. a manager at the Kansas City Nebraska Furniture Mart Store. She saved the day and figured out a very confusing transaction. She is super intelligent, helpful and has excellent customer service skills. She also went above and beyond what I would consider a normal job description of a manager. She continued to follow up with us regarding our account and purchase until everything was corrected. She is AMAZING!

Prior to speaking with Mallory we talked to Evan and he was awesome, too. He was kind enough to fill in Mallory BC he would be off the following few days. It obviously takes a village and they get the job done as a team at NFM. I am so grateful for Mallory and the time she spent making sure we are happy customers. She also made sure our order went thru properly. She also left me a message and waited thru her lunch break In case I called her back!!! What an exceptional employee! She is such a huge asset to Nebraska Furniture Mart! I love the sectional we purchased from there and all of the many pieces of furniture we have bought in the past but Mallory is my favorite thought regarding NFM! She is a gem! She is the best of the best!

Original review: June 7, 2022

I would like to warn any potential buyers. They do NOT deliver on what they say they are going to. We are still in the process of waiting for our furniture. We ordered new furniture, not custom, just Simon Lee couch and chairs. We placed the order on Jan 23rd. We were told 8-10 weeks max. It is now June 7th and we still do not have our furniture. I've been diligent about calling once every 3 to 4 weeks to get updates. They will set a date and then the next time I call they will push it out again. The delivery date has been pushed out 4 times now. At the moment I am being told July 9th. The real kicker is they have had our money over $6k since Jan. What kind of business takes your money and does not deliver on the product for more than 6 months?

I truly do understand the issues with supply chain in the furniture industry, but that excuse no longer holds water 6 months in. The details I have been provided but their CS team does not add up to that still being the issue. They are overselling what they can realistically deliver on, it's that simple. No one is holding them accountable for taking people's money and grossly underestimating when those items will be delivered. There comes a point when it is clear they are taking advantage of people because of the current marketplace. I have filed complaints with the BBB and at the very least want to warn all other buyers. Shop somewhere else, it's not worth it. If our order gets pushed out one more time, I will be cancelling the whole thing and starting the process over.

Original review: March 23, 2022

In 2020, I purchased $??k worth of upper end appliances for our new home. All appliances were installed in October. By January, 3 of my 7 kitchen appliances needed repair. My dishwasher spinner broke off which took 4 weeks to get replaced. My ice machine was not producing ice and my beverage cooler was not cooling. I called to contractor sales and spoke with a representative, whom I worked with at different times for each of the issues and he helped me with all of the issues that were occurring. I was told by this representative that I needed to come pick out a different beverage center because he had been receiving calls about similar issues with this model. Because of all the issues he went to upper management who he stated approved placing 5 year extended warranties on all of the appliances that were purchased as a way of rectifying all the recent issues I had.

Shortly after all this my dryer quit working and I had to have it repaired. So within 4 months, out of 9 new appliances, 4 of those appliances all needed repair. Absolutely ludicrous to have so many failures. So now, one year later, my ice machine, once again quits working. I called to find out what warranties I had and who to call. They claim to have no records of such an offer. They can see where I called with all of the issues on the appliances but no extended warranties exist. When I spoke with management in the contractor sales department, I was told there was nothing that could be done at this point. Really???? High prices paid on what should have been quality products to be inconvenienced multiple times for repairs to find out promises were false and nonexistent and nothing can be done to rectify multiple issues. EXTREMELY DISSASTIFIED WITH PRODUCTS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

Recommend to go here for great furniture to try to fit a older sized room. Ordered March of 2021, November delivery. Contacted in October. Will be delivered possibly by February 2022. Called to cancel order as to indefinite delivery date. Declined refund, shortly after sent email "if production hasn't started, will issue refund". Of course then they say sorry production has started. This production started in December yet still can't give a delivery date. NFM your commercial about the NFM founders says "do right by everyone". Yet you have no problem keeping a substantial amount of money from a 76 year old widow. Will not recommend you to anyone, ever. Thanks for a awful first experience.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I'm never going to use this company again. I have never had a worse experience. A YEAR LONG HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE. Not even just one mistake. It's been like 100s now!!!! I'm sick of it!!!! I picked out and placed an order for my bed in April and it was to be delivered in June then it was pushed back to July. They then pushed it back to August whatever. It finally came. The guys got here to set the bed up and they were missing a piece and couldn't put the rest of it together! They literally left it in pieces and my bed on the floor and said they'd have to come back. I was furious.

They came back a second time and DIDN'T HAVE THE SLATS AND PEGS!!!! So then a third time they come to my house (during Covid by the way) and they have H A L F of the pegs for the slats....So now I have a bed and I have to tiptoe onto it in order not to break it because Nebraska Furniture Mart wanted to screw up about a million times for one bedset. It is now November and I still do not have my PEGS for my bed that I ordered in April and I can't tell you how much I wish I didn't have to pay them a single penny again.

I put faith in them after this and decided what the heck I'll order a nightstand. They said they had a shipment coming in and I needed one so I purchased it so that they can just deliver it when it comes in in January. They didn't bother to call me about it but I called to check on my stupid bed pegs and they said they no longer have these nightstands coming in in January, even though I had purchased mine. So again I'm left screwed by NFM. I've been promised call backs from people about my issues and never get them. I always have to follow up myself and I just want nothing to do with this company anymore. This is the worst company I've ever used in my life. Don't go here.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

NFM is too big to care and is an awful brand. Customer service representative Lasonya ** won't honor resolved verbal and written resolution mutually agreed upon. I'm taking legal recourse and seeking NFM to reimburse me on all legal advice I've obtained and my court fees. K-Mart and Montgomery Wards probably thought they were all too big to fail. Apparently NFM hasn't realized that happy and return customers are the key to a successful business.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I bought a sofa & loveseat in November 2020. In October 2021 I started hearing a strange sound when we sat on the sofa. I called NFM and they sent out a technician to look at it. All three support boards of the frame had pulled loose from the frame! A week later after 3 phone calls I got the word that they weren’t going to fix it! I called the warranty company and was told that it wasn’t covered by them either. The sofa has barely been sat on! My next move is to reach out to all the people I can find from their company including the CEO!!

Nebraska Furniture Mart Company Information