1.32/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Omaha, NB

Founded by Russian immigrant Rose Blumkin or "Mrs. B" as she was affectionately known, Nebraska Furniture Mart is a home furnishings super store with Locations in Omaha, NE, Kansas City, KS, The Colony, TX and Des Moines, IA. They carry everything for the home from Furniture and Flooring to Appliances and Electronics.

229 Nebraska Furniture Mart Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 18, 2019

Beware for the things that the sales people tell you about the item you are purchasing at this store. We bought an expensive sofa at this store and the saleslady said the cushion has lifetime warranty. When we called customer service to complain about the cushion, they said that the manufacturer of the sofa is out of business so it is unfortunate that they cannot do anything. While I understand that businesses can fold, there was no other alternative that this store can offer. By the way, we also bought the extended warranty for another $500 because we wanted to make sure that we will get our money's worth with the piece of furniture. However, this company do not obviously care for customer's satisfaction. I should have read all the negative reviews from this store before buying. Also lesson learned not to buy an extended warranty. Worst furniture store ever.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: March 12, 2019

We bought a sofa set from Nebraska along with tables and lamps, we paid extra money to get the best warranty. Right after the arrival the tables had started having marks by placing anything on the top of it. We called the customer service twice where they said it's customer usage and not their fault. I haven't seen a furniture in my entire life where you see visible marks on the tables by placing anything on the top. It's not even a year and our sofa has turned worst as well, it produces a noise whoever sits on it. For the price we paid for our purchase, I think this is the worst quality furniture and the worst decision of my life. I am never going to NFM to buy anything in my entire life. Their warranty is a piece of **.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

We are sorry that you are having these issues with your furniture. Please contact is with a Direct Message, via live chat at nfm.com, by email or by phone and we could investigate these issues and see if we can come to a suitable resolution for you.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2019

We bought a Samsung French door refrigerator two years ago and twice the ice maker has gone out on it. Assurant, who covers the warranty's site is always down. It takes a long time to get service. NFM must not care about their customers if that's who they use for their warranty service.

Resolution response: Feb. 28, 2019

After calling the company several times I finally got a different person to help me. She was wonderful! she helped me find a solution to my issue. Cindy from customer service was terrible and unwilling to help me find a solution. She also said I was trying to get a $500 table from you guys when I had paid $194 for mine. I have morals and that was never what I was trying to do. I simply wanted a table that would match the rest of my furniture. I am very thankful for the other customer service woman who was actually willing to help me find a solution!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I bought some furniture from this place and one of the tables started chipping within a few weeks. Since it has been about 30 days they went ahead and gave me a new table which was great they said if it had been longer they couldn't do anything. Then our other table started chipping about a month later and continued to chip. It has chipped about 6-7 times now... I decided that I would call because something has to be wrong. A table should not chip this bad in such a short time. We don't have animals or kids so the table barely gets used. The heaviest thing that has been on it is a paperback book.

When we first got the table it had a spot on it but since the look of the table is vintage I assumed it was part it of it. I mean NFM wouldn't knowingly give me a defective table, right? Well we decided to call NFM to see if anything could be done about this table. An employee told us that they have warranties on their stuff for a year after you buy it. So how come before I was told only 30 days?

Maybe NFM should get some training for their employees so they are all on the same page. They sent out an employee to check out our table and he told us that not only is the table chipping it BUT it also has a crack in the wood. What I thought was part of the vintage look is actually a CRACK in the wood! So NFM gave me a defective table. The lady I spoke to on the phone said that they have a person who looks at their stuff before they deliver it to people. Well that person is either not doing their job or they are doing their job and knowingly sending defective furniture out. The table isn't available anymore so I asked for them to just trade it out for a table that would match the rest of the furniture since they gave me a defective table to start with. They of course declined. Please save your money and buy somewhere else. NFM has terrible customer service and they have no problem giving their customers crap/defective furniture!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

We ordered all new appliances from Nebraska Furniture Mart in Omaha, NE July 2018. FINALLY in DECEMBER we had all appliances. NFM did not call us or keep us informed as to what was going on. Really upset with how things were handled. When I paid my bill I also let them know I was VERY upset and have not heard anything. I'll stick to the mom and pop stores since you get treated better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
    Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We were told by Paula in the Mattress Department at the Dallas store in order to insure our very expensive Tempurpedic Mattress we would have to purchase a certain base. Then upon writing us up she said we would have to spend additional funds to insure that base. NEVER did she mention the insured was Guardsman. Look at the customer reviews. Guardsman is terrible and I would have NEVER willingly given my hard earned money to such an insurance company. Let my uninformed decision be your informed decision. GUARDSMAN IS TERRIBLE AND NOT WORTH THE PURCHASE! SAVE YOUR MONEY. I received the paperwork from Guardsman in the mail (that's how I discovered who I was insured by). I assume Paula was very purposeful in not disclosing the policy holder of the insurance. VERY DISAPPOINTED BUYER HERE! I got scammed!

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Can you please provide us the complete name, address with zip code and phone number associated with the account so we can take a further look into this for you? We can be reached by chat or by email. Thank you in advance.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We purchased a $2000+ home office set. The salesperson was very professional & talked us through the pros & cons of the product. We placed an order for a smaller set & then went back to upgrade to a larger complete set. We purchased Guardsman service for the product. A month later we see lots of chips and a big hole in the office piece. Guardsman takes 5 weeks to respond & after a month, NFM called back and said that we didn't take care of our desk and hence our insurance & warranty stands cancelled.

When we went to the store, we faced humiliation when a gentleman introduced himself as the Customer service head of the Dallas showroom and that coffee condensation and dirt on the desk meant that we were poor owners of their product and told us in humiliating manner how we are not worthy of their attention. We never returned back to NFM. We made a couple of purchases after that & never considered stepping into NFM ever again...

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I purchased a Whirlpool washer from Nebraska along with the protection plan. The washer goes out and I submitted a claim with the 3rd party company, Assurant, to get the washer repaired. Assurant uses a company called, Premier Appliance Services that schedules the repair in 4-hour windows. The repair was scheduled between 8am-12pm, there was no communication or anything from the company to confirm the appointment. The tech shows up after 12pm and tells me that I need to remove the water from the washer - I was so confused because I was under the impression that was the purpose of the repair. As well as, they need to order the part which will take an additional 5 days - so now I am without a washer for another week and to need to take time to now find a laundry mat to wash my clothes.

I called Nebraska Furniture Mart customer service to see if there was anything they could do and they brushed me off and said "No, they are not insurance." Where is the after sales support for products purchased from your store? This is not the first time I have had problems with your customer service not wanting to assist customers to avoid disruptions in their life because of a faulty product purchased from your store.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

We purchased an expensive sofa, two custom chairs, and storage ottoman in early January. We were told it would take 6 weeks and was to be delivered February 7th. On February 13 we get a call telling us it would not be delivered until March 20. According to Mattie she "tried to work some magic" to get it on a truck which was coming to Alta on the 6th. We live 5 minutes from Alta. Per Mattie in a song done voice "she just couldn't work her magic". She did provide a very lame excuse that the truck "wasnt big enough". Perhaps getting a bigger truck would be a better plan than relying on "magic" Mattie. I again advised her we were told it would be delivered on Feb 7th, Mattie informed me the furniture just arrived there today. Again asking why it could not be delivered on the 6th was again told the truck was not big enough.

I do suggest to this company to try honesty and fair trade practices and maybe they would not have such poor reviews. Glad this happened now as we were planning on going there this weekend to buy a complete set of bedroom furniture. I did advise to Mattie I would be placing this review; however, I also advise her I'm sure she nor the company really care. When your company is this large one poor review matters little. Be assured hell will freeze over before I do business with a company that chooses to have such poor customer service. Thanks for keeping me without furniture when you will be 5 miles away from my house. WELL DONE.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Hello Roxann, thank you for your honest feedback. We are very sorry to hear about the frustrations you experienced with your delivery date, we understand that can be upsetting. We would be happy to take a look at this for you, however we would need some more information to access your order. Please contact us via phone, email or live chat. We look forward to hearing from you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

SHAM *Mattress Policy*. Purchased a Serta and IN 2.5 MONTHS, it developed a wad of clumpy batting right under my back. NFM sent their guy with a ruler and a camera and quickly determined it was a 'fluke'/defect. Heard the same parroted verbiage from surveyor, salesperson, claims dept, and customer service rep- "that's a rare circumstance". Well trained- I'd say! First, they tried to send the exact mattress as a replacement- Um, no. Then they told me I had to buy within the same brand which jumps from 1K to 1,500 with no intermediate choices. So we selected the Sealy (probably junque as well- we are holding our breath). That hassle had to be approved to move out of the Serta brand, despite handing them another $300!!

SO THEN they tried to take away our 30 day trial period- stating final sale. Um, no. NFM mattress policy states that if you purchase their overpriced pad, you have a 30 day wait period then up to 120 days to reselect if you find sleep discomfort. It sounds like they are standing by their product- right? WRONG! If you file a claim it NULL & VOIDS ALL protection! I had to spend 2 hours demanding a trial period for my second attempt to buy a (price increased) mattress from them with the same options to reselect if it doesn't offer a 1K+ nights worth of comfort! They only gave us 30 days trial (not 120) and ALLOWED us to hand them $300+ more dollars! Haha! We were penalized/ lost protection/ endured a HASSLE all for a defective mattress! NFM doesn't stand by the product they sell- that's a detriment in the mattress industry- shop elsewhere, people!

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Hello Debbie Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that the mattress return policy was not explained thoroughly at the time of purchase as well as for the situation and how it progressed. We would like an opportunity to look into this situation to see if there is anything that may have been overlooked or that may be helpful in resolution of the issues you have experienced. Please feel free to reach out to us with more information.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Purchased a Samsung fridge only to have the ice maker go out about 3-4 months after the manufacturers warranty expired. Called the extended warranty and now its been over a month and the ice maker is still not fixed and all I get is the excuse that the parts are on back order. I contacted NFM and I basically got "Sorry not our problem".

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Hello Axel! Thank you for leaving your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about your ice maker and the long delay to get the replacement parts. Please understand that NFM does not service appliances. We simply do not have the team to do so. This is why we provide the option to purchase an extended warranty in addition to the manufacturer's warranty. I hope you can get your problem resolved when the replacement parts arrive.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

They sell TV online at incredible prices but it is BAIT and SWITCH. They do not disclose in their ads or website that there is no warranty for the big screen TVs. They are made for Asian distribution. Only after you agree to their terms and give your credit card info and send it, do they pull the switch. Fortunately, I canceled before they could get the payment but buyer beware, these guys are up to no good.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Scary experience with all these employees gathering and not recognizing any of the customers and you could hear their laughs and there was not any sign of customer service. They kept getting busy with their own talk and don’t give any directions for the guest needs and their response was not enough to encourage to buy for the shoppers. I promise they needed Some clear direction from the management which did not seem there was any!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Purchased 75" Samsung OLED with free delivery. Received phone call saying we need to sign a waiver because it didn't come with a warranty. Salesman said what we purchased was junk and was being shipped from China. Rambled on about how crappy the TV I chose was. Insulted my intelligence by saying, "you get what you pay for". Well... original price was listed at $3999. $4K is not cheap! When I told him to cancel my order he said he couldn't cause it was already shipped YESTERDAY. Wait? It was shipped yesterday? But you just called me today to confirm my order and sign a waiver. He continued to then say I would be charged for delivery to return the TV and returning it voided the free delivery offer so I'd be charged for that as well. Over $400! How is this not fraud? Or theft???? DO NOT BUY from them!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I purchased a SAMSUNG BIG SCREEN TV only to be called and told it has no warranty. I was also told the Samsung unit I purchased was made in Korea and was pure junk. Then I was told they could not deliver it to my town. Funny thing is I called the company prior to making my purchase and asked if it was a good product and could be delivered without issue. I was told before making my purchase it was a great TV and I would have no problems. BUYER BEWARE OF THESE DISHONEST PEOPLE.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Purchased dining room chairs Nov 11, 2018. As of today my chairs have not arrived! Delivery date was supposed to 12/6/18. Customer service has lied. Continue to give me runaround! Never again buy anything!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

NFM cards do not let you transfer balances if you are getting close to the interest free time period. I have never experienced or knew that a company could deny forms of payment. NFM will only allow you to pay cash/bank account on the balance. I did not notice this because I always have used my bank card, but I had a few hundred dollars left on my purchase and I wanted to make sure I did not miss the timeline and accrue all that back interest. They informed me I was not allowed to transfer my balance away from them to another credit card. I would have to pay cash in time or take the interest hit. I asked about a check from a card and they said they would not take second party checks either.

I was lucky my balance was low enough to pay and cancel my credit card, but I'm thinking about those people who didn't realize they would never be able to transfer their balance if they got too close to the interest hit. It seems like a VERY ROTTEN MOVE ON NEBRASKA FURNITURE'S PART. They were my favorite furniture store. That's why I went ahead and signed up for their card. Please be warned!!! I could not find any information on the internet of another company doing something like this to their customers. They may be the only one.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The missus wanted to replace our dining room and den furniture. We purchased over $3,000 worth the furniture and purchased it on a tax free weekend. The discount was to discount the furniture the same amount as the sales tax but when we checked out they did not discount the furniture. We had to get a manager involved to refund the tax credit which was over $240 worth of tax credit but they would only refund $220 worth of tax credit. Even though we showed them the receipt they still argued and would not refund the full amount of tax credit. Plus they charge $90 to drop off the furniture as supposedly delivery. They seem to be creative in ways to cheat you. If you buy from them just be fully warned up front.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I purchased Samsung 3 door with warranty. Quit running Oct 2018. NFM says Samsung has to fix condenser yet no Samsung repair person near Lexington. All food ruined and using coolers through the holidays. This is the 4th month of trying to get NFM to honor purchase of their product. If no repairmen in area do not sell a warranty. Replace the refrigerator! Shame on you as we are in our 70s.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

What a ripoff #assurant and @nebraskafurnituremart is with their BS extended warranty - 7 weeks to file a simple claim on an extended warranty had to call Philippines contact center 10 times to just get a response. Tried chatter and they don't help. Called Philippine contact center again only to be told they had to call one department, then told they didn't have any information from claims, then told me I should call their subcontractor to chase their claim. Now on hold again for 5 minutes while they run around and figure out how not to pay for the claim... Good news I didn't buy my NEW TV from Nebraska Furniture Mart - maybe when you pick better partners you might get some more business. Now on to Yelp and Twitter - How's that social media plan working out?

Resolution response: Dec. 12, 2018

I finally received the item on Monday December 10th. NFM contacted me, apologized for the delay after following up with UPS. The problem has been resolved and NFM presented me with $50.0 on my next purchase. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I furnished my whole house from NFM in 2014. After that I have made a couple of purchases. Almost 3 weeks ago I made an order. I chose to have it delivered just for my peace of mind and I paid half the price of the item for delivery. They shipped it with UPS and I haven't received it yet (after 18 days). They refuse to cancel the order and are charging me for an item I haven't received. I call UPS every day and they can't find the item. NFM say we are not responsible for you receiving the item, even though you paid for delivery.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I Received a wonderful Nebraska Furniture Mart coupon in the mail as I am new to the community. 50% off furniture and free shipping; when I called Nebraska Furniture Mart to cash in on this coupon as I had spent thousands in their store on furniture, they looked up each of my multiple items and said the 50% off was no lower because it's based on MSPR prices so the prices I paid were lower than that 50% off of that price. Then the free shipping is only if you ship it to your curb or your garage not to take it inside. Well for a single mom that's impossible not to have my stuff delivered inside. So you can forget about the 50% off and you can forget about the free shipping. This coupon is a sham and the Nebraska Furniture Mart should be ashamed of themselves.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

After spending over $8,000 on furniture at Nebraska Furniture Mart I have found that their customer service is absolutely horrible. We originally purchased an entire living room set and we were satisfied with the purchase enough to go back and purchase side chairs for a dining room set. Due to their mistake, which they admitted to, they delivered more side chairs than we ordered. After several discussions with them in order to come to a resolution (pay for the extra chair) they proceeded to say we can pay more than the price of the chairs we purchased in the first place OR return it.

Per the Federal Trade Commission, consumers have no legal obligation to return un-ordered merchandise and the retailer has no right to demand payment. That said, we have tried to do the right thing and work with Nebraska Furniture Mart to come to a resolution. All the while, their customer service department and even the general manager have been belligerent and extremely unprofessional demanding that we pay full retail. I am at a loss on how a business is strictly driven by emotion vs trying to come to a reasonable resolution. Nebraska Furniture Mart has the worst customer service in the industry. They have lost a customer for life. Buyer beware of this furniture retailer.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I purchased a sofa set from Nebraska Furniture Mart. Just in few months of purchase, it started sinking. Even my wife started complaining about the severe back pain while sitting on sofa. I called them up to replace it. They denied it.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Is anyone else having problems with #bedbug on bunk bed/wooden furniture delivered from Nebraska Furniture Mart #nebraskafurnituremart? Four months ago, my sister-in-law ordered a bunk bed for her beautiful twin girls. At first sight, she was excited about the delivery and the quality... But the first night of sleeping my niece started complaining that she was itching all night. Thinking she was just looking for an excuse not to sleep on her new bed my sister-in-law ignored and kept ignoring until we started seeing bites... We have quarantined the kids' room and called Nebraska Furniture to do something about this defective, and ill treated wood and mattress... I am so upset at how long it is taking them to react, and I don't even know what to do. NEBRASKA FURNITURE COME AND GET YOUR BEDBUG RIDDEN FURNITURE, this is not fair to my little nieces.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I bought Washer and dryer worth $1300 on 18 months finance. I have always been making my monthly payments on time which is due at the middle of the month. Now on my final payment of $285, they charged me an interest of $369 just because I was 2 days behind their promotional APR end date which is not even my usual payment due date. So, what do I make of this kind of deceiving act to fool people by the such a large and famous furniture mart.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I bought a sectional less than a year ago and it is the worst investment that I have ever made. Never again will I buy from them. First the back of the sectional started coming apart. I could literally see the board sticking out through the fabric. The fabric also had a couple of rips. The sectional is also very uncomfortable. Whenever I sit on the couch it sinks very. Please don’t believe the hype!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

My husband and I have been loyal NFM buyers for 25 years. We purchased a La-Z-Boy Leather Duo-Reclining Sofa in February of 2017 with the extended warranty through Guardsman. The reclining mechanisms on both sides had to be replaced by the end of 2017, which they were at no charge. Fast forward to Fall of 2018, both reclining mechanisms needs to be replaced again and one-year warranty with NFM has run, Guardsman is not responsible as the manufacturer warranty with La-Z-Boy has not expired. We can get the parts for free but have to pay labor to have them installed.

We have a $2,400 couch that the reclining mechanisms do not work properly and no one wants to take responsibility. Guardsman is a ripoff -- do not buy the extended warranty. You are better off buying a cheap sofa and replacing every few years. So disappointed in NFM and their "warranty" programs they talk you into purchasing that do you no good. We will be looking elsewhere for any future purchases.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I purchased a twin bed and mattress for my 23 month old. It was to be delivered and set up tonight 10-22-18 between 5-9pm. I received a text on Sunday night confirming the delivery of her bed just as it was set up at the time of purchase. I rushed home from work, moved dressers and broken down crib out of her room so they had plenty of room to work and set up her new bed.

Well I waited and waited. About 8pm I called to ask what the ETA was. I hear, "Oh that’s not being delivered until the 29th." I’m like, "Excuse me. No. I booked tonight and I got a confirmation text stating it was tonight." Christine in customer service was like, "Oh I’m sorry. I see. Yes. It’s to be delivered on 22nd. And I said, "Yes and today the 22nd." She chuckled and goes, "Oh yes it is. I need to put you on hold to check with delivery." She comes back on the phone and says, "I’m going to have make a few phone calls and call you back." I’m said, "Look this is not acceptable. I have a 2 year old ready for bed a broken down crib and she is tired." She was like, "I’m sorry. I have to make a few phone calls. I’ll call you back." I said, "I’m paying 90.00 for delivery and set up of a bed. You will call me back tonight." "Oh yes tonight," she says.

Well it’s 9:32 pm and I’ve had no phone call back. I’m shocked and very saddened with NFM at this point. I have shopped with them for years but this is not acceptable. I now get to go to bed upset with a baby in my bed and wake up upset because of the poor communications they appear to have with their long time customers. Wow is really all I can say! This is the NFM store in Omaha Ne 72nd St.

Wow and it continues. I get a hold of customer service this morning and they’re sorry there was no communications. They are waiving the delivery/set up fee and they will deliver next Monday! Really. I have a torn down bedroom and I have to wait a week when everything on my order is in and ready!!! Well thank you for the unmeaning sorry. If you were sorry you would get this bed delivered and set up sooner than next Monday!!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Speed Queen top loading washer was delivered 58 days ago. I have to keep unplugging it and plugging it back in and waiting up to 4 hours for it to reset to wash another load. I paid over $900.00 for the washer and since it has been 58 days I have to have it repaired instead of NFM replacing it. I bought Speed Queen thinking this will last 20 years instead of a cheaper washer. HA! Now I am waiting for a part that may or may not fix the problem. Who will pay for my house and possessions and maybe our lives when the thing burns up? Is it overheating or what? I'd rather give them a no star rating, but that is not an option.

Nebraska Furniture Mart Company Information