Nebraska Furniture Mart

Omaha, NB

Founded by Russian immigrant Rose Blumkin or "Mrs. B" as she was affectionately known, Nebraska Furniture Mart is a home furnishings super store with Locations in Omaha, NE, Kansas City, KS, The Colony, TX and Des Moines, IA. They carry everything for the home from Furniture and Flooring to Appliances and Electronics.

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

A little more that a month ago I purchased a headboard and rails. I then purchased a mattress a few days later on the contention that it would be delivered together. To save on delivery??? Upon delivery, I noticed the delivery guy going to the truck and looking in the box several times. I knew something wasn't right. The delivery guy walks out of the bedroom with his cell phone in hand and proceeds to tell me that he cannot put the bed together because they didn't have the screws (seriously!!). He hands the phone to me and states, "My Manager wants to talk to you." He proceeds to apologize and states he doesn't think it can be resolved today. Wait what. I must've misunderstood. I then stated, "Where am I suppose to sleep until it's convenient for you to come back?" He didn't know and would get back to me. About an hour later he calls and states, "Someone will be there today." Mind you I took the day off in anticipation of the delivery.

So here I sit sitting and then I receive a call from the original delivery guys stating they'd be back after they finished their meal at McDonalds. Needless to say, they never showed and I call their number twice with no response. I call Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM) and check the status, the resolution truck will be there at 1. When 1 came and went I called again. The next time was 3 and then for sure by 5 then finally 8 (at night). Because the resolution truck handles issues first come first serve. The guys show up a little after 8 and guess what. They didn't have SCREWS. Why are you here? They proceed to find any screw on the truck, they begin trying them and they weren't working. I finally said, "Stop. I don't want random screws. I want the screws that come with this bed. If you don't have them leave."

Oh mind you at one point one of the guys said that he lived nearby and they made me their last stop so he could have the driver drop him off at home when they were done. So much for first come first serve huh (lightning strike #1)⚡️. Clearly I didn't run for cover quick enough because I found myself in NFM again. Who doesn't like a great deal on furniture. So find a couch that I loved, I opted to do 90 days same as cash. I stood at that finance counter for three hours because the young guy couldn't figure out how to use a calculator if his life depended upon it. If this tells you anything he said, "You still want the Sunday delivery. Correct?" "Yes unless you can get it to me sooner." He comes back with the Friday after my original delivery schedule. I said, "I'm pretty sure my current delivery date is before what you're offering." I finally left everything signed and I'm excited about the pending delivery.

The thunder came rolling in today when my phone rang and it was NFM stating the contract was wrong and that I need to drive the 40 minutes to their store to sign a new contract. Boom. Lightning struck a second time⚡️⚡️. I start with, "What the. What." It appears the $100 credit they gave me for the first lightning strike was not applied so there was no value. I was threatened with having my delivery cancelled if I didn't go in and correct their mistake. I spoke with a Manager who was horrible. She had no clue on what she was talking about. I actually hung up on her which is something I don't normally do but I couldn't listen to their nonsense. If you want a nightmare buying experience then this is where you should go. It's awesome to get a great deal but they're really lacking in Customer Service. Warren Buffett you have the money to train your employees better.

Purchased a sofa set (Nebraska told it is genuine leather)... completely peeled-off. When I called Nebraska, Nebraska guy himself told it is not at all leather and they replaced the covers... Within five months again peeled-off. Spent 1800 USD. Now If I call, Nebraska guys are saying, it was manufacturer defect and manufacturer warranty is over. Folks: Nebraska furniture is not at all genuine and it is worst service in USA. You should never buy from Nebraska Dallas.

Am I buying sofa only for one year? Even though complaint is given a month back (Before expiry) they will not repair or just because it is crossed the warranty?

Am I buying from Nebraska or from some poor manufacturer? So overall, Nebraska Dallas clearly told - They are middle-man and they are not responsible for their manufacturer goods. NEVER EVER buy from Nebraska...

I have one complaint. If NFM tells customers that they will install the item purchased, then I think it's their responsibility to bring the tools, parts, etc. needed to accomplish the installation. If the customer needs to provide parts, etc. they need to have that explained upfront! My stainless Maytag with French doors and water and ice through the door is beautiful. The price was good, the delivery was on time, and the delivery men were efficient and competent. However, they would not hook up my ice maker and water. I was told when I bought the refrigerator that all I needed was a copper line for the water. I have that. Unfortunately I do not have some small connector that will attach the line to the hose on the fridge. Due to the fact that I am not a manly furniture-moving plumber, I specifically required my new purchase to be hooked up when it was delivered.

I now possess a bright shiny chilled box that does not dispense ice or water. I could have paid $1000.00 less and gotten the same thing. I have to go to the hardware store, buy a connector, and my husband is going to have to try and hook this up. I have no interest in either of these activities. If I did I guess I could have driven a truck to a store and picked up a fridge, brought it home, and installed it myself. Part of my decision to purchase from NFM was based on the delivery and installation. I will not make this mistake again. I would have happily paid a little more for competent installation. I'm not satisfied with the experience at all. I called and complained to customer service, but they were not able to offer any "service". I'm not impressed.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I am now a very satisfied customer. Nebraska furniture mart gave me a credit which i used to purchase a different sofa ~ no delivery fee or anything and picked up the defective one - 14 MONTHS after the sale- which I was impressed with. I will now go back.

Roberta of Allen, TX on

Original Review

Ordered sofa. It was delivered with a broken zipper in cushion. Because of the way it was brought to me I did not notice. Called customer service. Had to wait 6 weeks for the manufacturer to send me a new cushion, the store would not. While waiting the remaining zipper broke within a week. Finally got the replacement cushions and guess what? Zipper broke within a week. I would never purchase again. Lousy service after the sale.

What is a "sale" to me? It means merchandise will be marked down or discounted. Not at NFM. To them it means everything is FOR sale. On television they advertise a HUGE SALE in every department. They tell you, get there "early for the best deals etc., etc." You go there when they open and nothing is on sale. It's the same old prices. I went there as soon as they opened hoping to get a new refrigerator as mine went out and I'm using a dorm fridge. Not one refrigerator was on sale. I asked the sales associate about it and he directed me to some used and damaged ones in another area that sell for less.

Then I asked about reducing the price of a refrigerator I have been waiting to buy. They said, find one in another store for less and we will see if we can match it. Of course no one has reduced the price in six months on this refrigerator. I browsed other departments. Nothing was on sale. Again, the regular prices. As far as I'm concerned this is false advertising. How are they getting away with this?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?

Bought a new Electrolux washer and had it delivered and set up by NFM. Delivery was to be between 1 & 3 PM. Early that morning the delivery person called and said they would be to our location early. He asked if that was OK which it was. At 2 PM their office called and said they were in my neighborhood and would be there no later than 2:45. At 3:05 I called to ask where they were. She called the driver and he said he would be there in a couple of minutes. At 3:35 they finally arrived.

The installation crew had a hard time trying to figure out how to mount the washer on the pedestal. They could not get the washer thru the door. I told them we just removed a similar washer with a pedestal the day before. They turned the washer 90 degrees and it went right thru. Then they said I had a bad electrical outlet as the new washer would not plug in. The house is only 3 years old. I told them to try again and it went right in. They turn it on to prove it runs. I asked if they were going to check the level on it. The woman said they level it to the floor. I again asked how they knew if it was level. She yelled to the other two guys to bring a level in and check it. Folks, if you want bad service buy from NFM. I'll NEVER buy from them again in Dallas!

I ordered an online TV console and received the wrong one. I ordered a 62" TV console order **/SKU39499579 online from NFM (Nebraska Furniture Mart/Texas site) on 3/12/17. When I received my order several weeks later and opened the box I noticed it didn't look like the one I ordered. I called NFM in the afternoon of 5 Apr 2017 to issue a complaint about my purchase. I was told that I could return it but there would be a 25% ($157 dollar in this case) restocking fee. I stated that I didn't receive the correct item I ordered and it was NFM's mistake and that I shouldn't be charged a restocking fee for your mistake. I explained that I was sent a different TV console than the one pictured for SKU 39499579. I received one with a much narrower drawer.

I got nowhere with customer service so I asked to speak to a manager. I spoke to ** a NFM representative, I explained what transpired with the picture that was a representation of the item I ordered vs what I received. She asked me to take a picture of the item I received and send it to her. I emailed it to the email I was given, ** on 5 Apr 2017. She said she would contact the vendor and see what the issue was. Clearly, someone put the wrong picture with the SKU number I ordered resulting in me receiving the wrong item. I had not received a return email from ** so I emailed her again on 4/7/17 saying that if I didn't hear from her by the business day's end that I would take other action.

I did not hear from her so the BBB was my next step. I did make copies of the site and the item I ordered. To remedy the NFM mistake, I either wanted the TV console pictured in the original order with the wider drawer or complete refund of the purchase price including delivery I paid for... a total of $692.78 as listed on my bill. A few days later through THE BBB, NFM said they would give me a full refund. I accepted the NFM response. Scheduled pick-up of the TV console was set for 15 Apr between 1-3 PM. They did not show for the allotted time and I did not receive any courtesy call so I called the office and complained. The office told me he was running late. He finally showed up at 3:50 PM. To say the least... I never experienced this from NFM Nebraska the 30 years I lived in Nebraska. It's not the same store in Texas!!!

To everyone heed my warning; Nebraska Furniture Mart has furniture for a fair price. But after the purchase all goes to hell. Promises are made, and not followed through, common sense mistake are make and they really don't care. Purchase bedroom furniture and 3 area rugs on 3/18/17. On March 31, 2017, I received a phone saying my delivery will come on 4/1/17.

HERE IS WHERE EVERYTHING STARTS GOING DOWNHILL. The gentleman came to my home and started putting the bed together, and, there weren't any area rugs on the truck, and there weren't any slats to put my box spring and mattress down to sleep. Call customer service, they said they call me back. Receive a phone call back a few hours later to hear they can deliver my slats 5 days later on 4/5/17. I ask for a manager, everything I need is in the Plano store, and no one can deliver them. So if I want to sleep I have to pick them up. I go and pick them to find out that I have to put legs on the slats and install them. We thought the bed would have to be taken apart to install the slats.

I call customer service and the conversation started getting intense. I told ** that I didn't want my wife to go back because of the first experience. Later during the intense conversation, ** said "AFTER YOUR FIRST EXPERIENCE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE COME BACK and YOUR WIFE SHOULD HAVE LISTEN TO YOU." Something along those lines was said. I was dumbfounded. After all this my wife and I finally had our breakfast-lunch or dinner at 3:30pm. Not sure what we wanted to call it, but were hungry!

On Saturday late afternoon I spoke to Craig at **. To inquire about our area rugs. He told us that two out of the three will be delivered tomorrow (Sunday 4/2/47). Craig said that we should receive two calls - 1. For putting the bed together correctly and 2. For the time the carpet will be delivered. That evening we never received a call letting us know when the delivery will be. Sunday Morning, we received a call during Mass/Services telling us that are at our home waiting to deliver our carpet and slats. I asked what happen about our phone call, which he had no answer! We decided to cancel our area rug that was on backorder because we didn't want to go through any more hassles. SO NOW WE THOUGHT WE WERE DONE WITH NEBRASKA FURNITURE. RIGHT.

WRONG. A few days later I'm looking at the furniture and to be truthful it looked nice in our room. But I found a tear/rip on the headboard and I could see the wood. I called customer service again, by now I have all the number memorized to get through to them. I told them what was wrong. They offered me a few dollars and I said no. So now they're coming back and the end of the month to switch the headboard. Finally it should be done. But I went through hell to deal with them. So my advice, spend a few dollars more and goes to a reputable company that cares about the person and keeps their promises. I will. I rather spend a little more than to go through all this hell. Oh by the way, I did get some money back for my troubles, but it not worth it, but it helps some, just a tiny bit.

The Guardsman warranty plan is a huge waste of money. I bought several pieces of furniture and wanted to be sure they will last me a few years so I purchased the Guardsman plan on all pieces. The dining table and chairs had problems right away and I went through the tedious process of submitting their claim (telephone calls, wait on hold, get their form, take photos, describe issues, etc.). Sent in and never heard a thing from them. Got busy and didn't follow up; now they say the plan doesn't cover ANYTHING, nada, zip (sooo, what am I paying for, exactly???). AND they waited so long to NOT contact me that the manufacturer warranty is gone now too.

And NFM is 'so sorry' but there's nothing they can do -- like a credit on my account for their crappy furniture with a leather seat that split a seam the first month or so and a table wing that never stays secured in place. I have shopped at NFM for years -- back to when Mrs. B was alive and it was just a little place in Omaha -- but do you think that gets me anything from MEGA CORP now? Of course not. Well, they won't be seeing any more of my money from now on.

Had to deal with Guardsman insurance and was told that since my purchase was over a year old, you cannot submit your claim online, you must call in and then mail your claim in. After spending 30 minutes on hold the first time and the recording keeps stating to file your claim online, after speaking with NFM they stated there is nothing they can do, and if my stain had occurred within the first year, they would have sent a technician out themselves. So sorry that I take care of my furniture so that it last!

Make a long story short we bought a Tempur-Pedic mattress a little over 30 days ago. I had been waiting years and years to get one. I finally convinced my husband that we needed one so he finally okayed for us to get one. Tempur-Pedic works very well for some people that for us we have back problems and it did not work good for us. So I had called and spoke to a lady on the phone and she said there was going to be all these different fees $149 processing fee or a restocking fee and then she was going to charge me pickup fee to come pick the bed up and also charge me a percentage of what the adjustable base cost or something like that. Well she ended up lowering some fees for me but still I believe that it was wrong for Nebraska Furniture Mart and general to charge those prices because if you go to sleep experts they will give you a full year to try out the bed and Nebraska Furniture Mart only gives you 120 days.

But - make a long story short I spoke with Gary on the phone. He is the customer service manager. He called me back to see if I had spent my $300 gift card that they had given me when we purchased the bed and I told him yes that I did. Well he ended up listening to my story and he totally agreed with me that it was not right to charge all these different fees. So he offered me a $300 gift card to go back to Nebraska Furniture Mart because I was definitely sold or not ever going back.

He was very kind and courteous and he does his job correctly and he really cares for Nebraska Furniture Mart and his job obviously because he helped me and our situation and has lowered fees for us to where there was no pickup fee, no percentage and also Gave us a $300 gift card that we will be receiving in the mail. I do have a credit card there and I will definitely go back and shop because of Gary. I will be a lifelong customer to Nebraska Furniture Mart. Thank you again for understanding and doing what is right.

We purchased three items from NFM on January 8th, 2017. One of those items was a couch that we needed to special order. We were told it would be 4-6 weeks before the couch would be assembled and ready for delivery which we felt was acceptable. After the 6 week mark, and not hearing from anyone at NFM, we called to inquire about the delivery status. Not one person on staff could inform us of when our couch would be delivered nor if it was even ready from the manufacturer. We called to follow-up at least 4 times each additional week that our couch was not delivered - no one from NFM ever called us, we were always the ones who had to reach out to them.

Eventually, we spoke to someone this morning March 8th who actually followed up with us this same afternoon to inform us that our order was NEVER placed with the manufacturer by our salesperson, Dan. Therefore, we were informed that it would be another 4-6 weeks before our couch would be delivered. For reference, we had Dan's company number which he instructed us to call if we had any questions about our order. He was the first person we called when we never received our couch after the 6th week. We left countless messages to no avail. He never returned any of our calls, so ultimately we spoke to many, many other individuals at NFM who tried to "help" us.

Nebraska Furniture Mart should have made it a priority to find out why our couch was not ready after the established 6 week deadline especially because we had already paid for this item months ago. Additionally, because no one at their facility could provide us answers, that could have been of even more concern to them. Poor communication with the customer as well as poor communication between staff was a huge contributor to this flub. It is clear that you are only a priority when you are a potential buyer. Once you have completed your purchase you are of no value. Once we were told it would be another 4-6 weeks because of the error and unconcerned nature of our salesperson, Dan, we immediately canceled out order. Nebraska Furniture Mart did not offer any sort of compensation or try to "make it right" in any way. We are incredibly disappointed.

Unfortunately, we also had ordered a beautiful credenza which was delivered damaged (there was a medium sized chipped portion of the wood); however, we were just so thrilled for it to have finally arrived (and we did not want to deal with the inconvenience of sending it back) that we decided to overlook the imperfection. We have also ordered a gas cook-top in February that we purchased and took home same-day. Once we opened the box the iron piece that sits over the flames was broken on one side. Unfortunately, the cook-top was installed by professionals so by the time we were informed of the break it was already installed. We decided it wasn't worth the trouble to replace since it would still function appropriately; however, spending $800 on a broken item is unfortunate.

Bought a refrigerator, wall oven, cooktop, and dishwasher on Black Friday to take advantage of 40% off offers. Found everything we wanted, and scheduled delivery right away since the salesman told us that there were only 3 refrigerators left in stock. Delivery dates were December 16 for the wall oven and cooktop, and December 30 for the dishwasher and refrigerator.

December 16 delivery went fine, as planned. A week later, we receive a phone call that the refrigerator needed to be moved out to January 6 due to a manufacturer delay. Even though the day we shopped, we were told the refrigerator was IN STOCK. Told them to move the dishwasher to that date as well so I didn't have to schedule an extra day off. Beginning of that week comes, and they move it out again to January 13. Dishwasher was delivered on the 6th. Another phone call a few days later moves the refrigerator out to FEBRUARY 12TH. Are you kidding me? That is 11 WEEKS past the date of purchase. No apologies, only a promise to have the salesman contact me to discuss the situation. Salesman never contacts me.

I sent a strongly worded email through their website describing the situation. I received a canned response, telling me that the salesman and the salesman's manager have been notified and one of them would contact me. Again, no contact from either person. I start watching the availability of the refrigerator on their website. First look says it will be in Feb. 10th, then Feb. 2nd, then last week it shows that the refrigerator is in stock now. I called them to ask about the delivery status. They tell me it's in stock but still scheduled for Feb. 12th. I ask them if they can move it up because we have been waiting forever. They never even gave a thought to proactively try to get it to us sooner, given the situation! So now, it's scheduled for delivery this Friday, Feb. 3rd. There will be problems for sure if I get another phone call about delays.

NFM continues to try to downplay a situation where they have sold me damaged and/or defective products. Of 9 orders I have received 3 defective receivers, which NFM all verified were damaged...a refrigerator which upon receipt had damages to it as well as a faulty ice maker, and again NFM was aware it was damaged and that it was their fault...a bed set in which had a damaged night stand, which took them three times to get me one that did not have a crack, and yes they verified it was damaged, and a elliptical unit in which they had to send 3 out in order to get one that worked. And yes when their techs came out they confirmed that there was defects. When their workers came to the home, they tracked in mud, dirt, and damaged parts of my home.

They now have exercised the right not to do business with me, after I question their business practices and what they have sold to me sell. Does this seem a bit odd? Wouldn't you as a business do everything you can to win back the trust of the customer. Yes, they have offered me discount letters, but these don't supplement the several times I had to take off work in order to wait for them to rectify their mistakes and bad products. And many of the discount letters I still have in my possession, however they have just told me I am not welcome in their business. So those letters aren't worth the ink that is printed on them. How are they to resolve that?

Is it too much for a customer to ask for NFM to sell an item that works the first time. I shop all over and rarely do I have any issues with the products I buy. However I shop at NFM, and almost everything they send to me is defective, broke or malfunctioning. That is a reflection of the company not of the customer. Lastly, I have never seen a customer service department as bad as NFM's. They are disrespectful, ungrateful to other people's time, rude, and dishonest. I request again a formal apology from Lori **, the CEO of the company, and the BBB to make sure this report is clearly shown to all customers who do research on this store.

I purchased my kitchen appliances: refrigerator, dishwasher, warming drawer, convection microwave and wall oven November 23, 2017. I had a wonderful experience at the store, and the majority of my appliances were to be delivered the following Saturday. My prices were the lowest I had found and the salesman was helpful and friendly. I was told he would call me the following Monday to set up delivery of my dishwasher that was not in stock. He never called, and to this day never has. I was finally called by a customer service rep to schedule delivery approximately 2 weeks later, was then given a date of 2 or 3 weeks later and was then called back again stating delivery was not until Jan 18th. I will have waited on my dishwasher almost 2 months. I was told it was a manufacturer delay, however had been promised twice of delivery times. I could have purchased it elsewhere and had it months ago.

I purchased a counter height table and chairs from Nebraska Furniture Mart. Several days after we assembled and put it together, the top started to flake. At first, it was just one little spot, so I was going to overlook that and try to use one of the pens to cover a spot on furniture, but it started to happen in other spots. It is now awful looking and this table is only a little over a year old. I called Customer Service and they sent someone out. The table was examined and we were told it needed to be resurfaced. Now, I'm being told it was customer damage and they will not fix it. I also bought the extra warranty on it, but I was told it is not covered. I only wish I had read the reviews on this store before I made the purchase and it would never have happened. Now I'm stuck with an ugly table.

When I made a purchase, I was told that if I opened up a Nebraska credit card that I would pay zero/no interest for 6 months. When I got my statement, I was charged 18% interest for an item I never picked up at the store. WHAT A SCAM. BUYERS BEWARE!!! My credit score went down from 846 to 827 because I opened up this account with Nebraska. HUGE scam.

I have a NFM credit card and have been a customer for a couple of years. Do not let your payments be even one day late or they report it to the credit bureaus. Then the phone calls start soon after. They are relentless. I have found their billing a little suspect because sometimes the billing cycle is 30 days, sometimes it's 29, sometimes it's 25. So it's almost they lie in wait for you to be late and they pounce with a quick reply to the bureaus. There is no grace period.

Consumer Increased Rating!

NFM contacted me and agreed to give the promotional APR on the item that was sold as such. I certainly appreciate their willingness to work with me to correct this problem. They have also resolved the banking glitch with my credit report.

Jessica of Overland Park, KS on

Original Review

I have purchased quite a bit of furniture from NFM and have had multiple problems. I will no longer be shopping there. Most recently I was told that the purchases I was making would be part of promotional rate and when I looked at bill, they were not. I called customer service and they were unwilling to help me. Have also had trouble getting problematic furniture under warranty serviced, don't ever purchase the warranties they sell as I haven't found that they will cover any problems you encounter.

We purchased custom Rowe Furniture, quoted to be delivered 8 weeks after purchase. After 6 weeks I checked in the delivery date, and it was estimated for 6 more weeks. Eventually it was delivered, stained, several cushions, the entire ottoman, and the chair arm. Called. They sent out a rep I thought to clean it, but he just took pictures and said he would order replacement covers, a new chair and ottoman.

A week later, I get a call from customer service that required the serial number from each piece to order these replacements. I called back and have the serial numbers. Waited 4 weeks, knowing custom takes a while, called back to find out, they hadn't placed the order yet. They were waiting on me. When I clearly said I called back a month earlier, the rep said he did see that I called, but no one put the order in. At that time he said he would place the order, due to me January 24, 2017. Very disappointed, our new remodeled home, with stained furniture for both thanksgiving and Christmas. Believe me, I have told this story many times!

Bought a leather sofa with 2 matching chairs, and paid for the delivery also. Was assured that the items were in stock, but couldn't be delivered for 8 days, and that they would call me the day before delivery to give me a 2 hour window of time to be home for delivery. So, I had to take a day off work to receive my furniture, but agreed to do so. A few days before delivery, I received a robo-call that the items were scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, November 15, 2016. At 2:30 pm November 14, the day before delivery, they called to tell me that they had some "bad news". They had "lost" the sofa, but would deliver the 2 chairs. The sofa would be delivered IF they could find it (another day off work) and if they couldn't find it "they would work something out." The guy actually laughed like it was a big joke to him.

After chewing him out, and then his supervisor, I got nowhere. They offered me NOTHING for the inconvenience that they had cause. NOTHING to make up for losing MY sofa - I had already paid for it. Finally just cancelled the order and got my money back. I was out a lot of time, and a day of work, as well as the free loan of my money (about $3,000). My brother had a similar experience a few years ago ordering a rug from them, now he refuses to shop there "ever again." I have also learned my lesson as well.

Stay far far away from here. Bought a refrigerator on the one year no interest plan but found out after I got the bill the one I bought wasn't on that plan and was told by customer service the sales representative should have told me. I also ordered a chair and the wrong one was delivered. The people who delivered the furniture were so high they could form a sentence.

After a year the automatic payments is shut off by them and they don't tell you. 3 months went by before I found out. I was told by rep calling me that they don't have access to my account. That's my personal business. He couldn't tell me when they received my last payment. If I was on auto pay nothing. I got late fees, reported to the credit bureau and am told something different every time I call. Today I was told on the phone I had to have chosen for payments to stop after a year and got an e-mail from a different rep. while I was on the phone with her saying NFM policy is to stop them at a year. My credit is ruined. I was told by a supervisor I could go to the government if I want to dispute. Don't go here!!!

Went to NFM at the Colony for the first time. Ambience was very good. Looked at few items and shortlisted. Then saw the clearance section and went to check and see if we may find what we want there. I patiently waited for 10+ minutes hoping to get some info from salesman about an item. The 2 salesman

that were helping other customer, passed by me couple times, even for courtesy sake they didn't say that they will be with me once they are done with the customers they are engaged with [well, they seemed to be busy, that was cool with me].

When another 5 minutes went by, I asked the salesman gently, if they can get someone to help me. He raises his eyebrows, frowns at me and says "WHAT DID YOU NEED". All that I asked was to see if he can call over walkie talkie, for someone to help us. After 5 more minutes, another young salesman walks by. I asked him if he could help us. I showed him the item we were interested. Asked him if he could find if there are extra similar items in the store. He reluctantly looked in his system and said there is one more similar item in store but was priced higher. I asked him why it was about almost 60% costlier. He said that the other item was brand new [that was totally understandable]. I asked him if this item [in clearance] was not new. With a very bad, smart aleck attitude he says "WHY DO YOU THINK IT IS IN CLEARANCE". I was trying to understand if there was anything wrong with that item and if it was new.

I go to the regular priced furniture area and looked at a floor model [24-inch height], that missed tag on it. One of the courteous staffs, called over phone to have someone come and help us. A lady comes and doesn't help us but instead says, "if there is a floor model without tag, just look at the wall shelf for a similar item and you can find out the price info". When I asked her if SHE could help us find the price. She reluctantly walks with us to the floor shelf and shows us a shelf and shows us an item, which looked different to us but she insisted that both are same and left. When we measured the seating platform height it was 30 inch. My experience with NFM was very bitter. Would not go there again. They don't have customer service as their top priority and obviously don't have good core values.

Purchased living room suite on 60 month no interest sale, was quoted minimum monthly payment at point of sale, (around $40) received first bill for $154. Learned there are two screens checkout personnel use, one which gives quote of approximate monthly payment (a deciding sales factor for us), and that screen normally isn't used because it's always wrong (Management explained this). Management offered no resolution. This is a major issue. Even in "best case scenario" circumstances of the checkout personnel accidentally using this screen, this only turns out badly for the customer. Worst case scenario is deniability and NFM not caring.

I unfortunately ordered 2 sets of power recliners from NFM back in August. The item was in back order and the promised delivery was sometime mid September. The dates kept slipping and finally in October it was delivered. Now read the delivery story! I had a delivery scheduled to my residence between 9 and 11 AM last Saturday. The delivery personnel came to the house little before 9. As soon as I opened the door, one of them wanted me to sign the delivery sheet which I read and told them that I will sign after the delivery is complete and that furniture is found to be in satisfactory condition. At this point, he told me I didn't have to sign and walked back to the truck to get the furniture.

He came back, fitted the door protection cover and then got the furniture in with the help of his buddy. No sooner than they put the furniture down in the media room the second delivery person (Alex) gave me the clipboard again and asked me to sign. By now, they had stricken out some portion of the delivery sheet. I kept it with me since the other person was still removing the packaging from the recliner. Since it is a power recliner I wanted to plug it in and confirm the functioning. They needed an extension cord which I went and took from my study room and we started testing the recliner.

At this point, I asked Alex if they go through any kind of training in delivery process. He told me that they have delivered for years (well NFM is only a year old in Dallas) and why I asked the question. I said that a similar piece of furniture was delivered from NFM exactly a week back and that the experience was very different. Alex asked if I had a bad experience last week. I said to the contrary we had a fantastic experience last week where they were very courteous, very professional, they did the entire set up, showed us the functioning and then got the delivery document signed whereas today everything started with a document getting signed.

Alex then demanded that I give the clipboard back to which I replied that I am going to read it (because part of it was stricken out) and sign it. He then started to take his phone out and held it as though taking a photo. I said you cannot take photo/video inside my house. He said he has to take video to protect himself since I wasn't giving back the clipboard. I insisted that the video be deleted which he refused. By this time we had walked to the front door with the clipboard still in my hand. I wrote my comments on the delivery sheet and started signing. All of a sudden, the other delivery guy (over 6 feet and 300lbs) rushed back into the house getting into my physical space in a very threatening manner and snatched the clipboard back from my hand.

Alex had by then called one of his managers and complained that I was not giving the clipboard back. I might have had the clipboard in my hand for 2-3 minutes maybe. I asked him to let me talk to that manager which he refused to do. Right after they left, I send NFM a message on facebook to immediately document the incident. I was then called by one Mr. ** who identified as the delivery manager with whom I raised these concerns and demanded that the video be deleted. He assured me to get that done. I followed this up with NFM customer service and they had nothing to assure me whether the video has been deleted or even an apology. Beware of the goons that you invite into the house when you get delivery from NFM.

Recently bought a delta nursery dresser. Upon assembly, I discovered as I was putting clothes into the drawers, the child safety on dresser prevents you from opening the drawer very far. I realize this is a safety, however, it makes the drawer hardly functional. You can't reach to the back of the drawer. I called the company to make sure I could return it and they said I couldn't because the box was opened. I feel like the least the store could do would be to offer store credit. We have bought several items there within the last year and we don't plan on going back because of this policy. I realize company's have to have policies, but no alternatives were even offered. I felt like it was poor customer service.

After countless days of being pushed around by NFM The porcelain tile they sold me made by Mohawk was two very different colors and size was off on some 13 1/4 by 13 1/4. They have offered me a $200 refund for my inconvenience. The customer service was horrible. They pulled all the tile off one pallet that was cellophaned together. It all said Cobblestone Beige. They sent an inspector out that seemed appalled and took two of my tiles for comparison. Then called this morning saying it was "install error." That's not what the inspector told us last night when he was here. Of course they paid him. And they won't send me report. Even the inspector said that you could not see difference unless looking across room at the spattered tile. The first pic you can't tell. It wasn't till I got haze off that there was a huge difference.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Problem resolved to my satisfaction with LG and Nebraska Furniture Mart. After getting to the right person the situation was fairly handled. I now would recommend people to shop at Nebraska Furniture Mart and try the OLED TVs.

JAMES of Council Bluffs, IA on

Original Review

Bought a LG 0led 65 inch tv at Nebraska Furniture mart for $3,000 on 6/18/2016. I had the tv less than 2 months. Screen went blank. LG sent someone out quickly to fix it. Replaced most of the parts, but concluded the screen died. Went blank on us. After a week, was told it could be replaced by returning it to Nebraska Furniture mart. Nfm told me they discontinued these tvs. So the only choice I have is to buy another updated model of this tv for 5,000 plus dollars. This tv was advertised as the best picture. Tv doesn't work. Not so much as "sorry about that". They can't find another tv like this anywhere in america to make it right although you can find them now on the internet selling in many places.

I thought it was the latest in tvs. They said it was last year's model. So they know if something goes wrong with it you cannot get it replaced. Even after 2 months. They know this, but they let you buy it without telling you the whole picture. Lesson? Don't trust any store or company that sells tvs period. Know what you are getting into. Then you can just let them take you down the track on the scam train if you so desire.

Over the past couple of years, I have spent over $20K at Nebraska Furniture Mart. As part of my purchases, I bought a black leather reclining sofa, and 2 matching recliners. NFM pitches a 'Protection Plan' on all furniture, and the claim is that "no matter what happens to the furniture, whether a pet eats it or it is dropped from the roof", NFM will repair or replace the item at no cost. I was sucked into the scam, and purchased the 'protection plan'. We moved, and the furniture was damaged. I called NFM for guidance on what to do, and was told a NFM tech would have to be scheduled for a visit to evaluate the damage for further action.

I scheduled the tech to come out, and after review, he told me I would need to open a claim with Guardsman, the company behind the 'protection plan'. I immediately gathered all the required details (pictures, documentation, receipts, etc), and I filed 3 individual claims as required for each of my 3 pieces of furniture. About 10 days later, I was told my claim was DENIED because I did not report the damage within the allotted time frame. I called NFM for assistance, and was told I needed to contact Guardsman and request a manager.

I did this today, explained the situation, and was told that NFM should never have sent anyone out to my house to see the furniture as it only voided my warranty. So, I called NFM back and got a huge run-around with the customer service agent. He tried to convince me that there was no way for them to know if the damage was caused by 'accident', or normal wear and tear. I asked how this could make any difference if the commitment made was that all covered furniture would be repaired or replaced.

Again, he tried to throw hypothetical scenarios at me in attempt to invalidate my claims. I requested to speak with a manager. When a manager finally came on the line, he proceeded to tell me that nothing I was told about the protection plan was correct, items damaged during a move were 'no longer covered', and I was SOL. It is also noteworthy to mention that I was also told that only small rips in leather would be covered, and NOT scratches or scrapes. This 100% contradicts the sales pitch and commitments made at time of sale. This has officially ended any future business with NFM.

My husband and I went to the Omaha store to purchase a new bed. We had originally picked out a mattress, but our sales person (Logan) showed us a much more expensive adjustable bed and said we have 48 months no interest. My husband asked Logan how much would my payment be and he stated around $50.00-60.00 per month. We purchased the bed based on this amount. We are very pleased with the bed, however not pleased when the first bill came and it was exactly $100.00 per month.

We called customer service convinced it was an error, but we were told that Logan told us wrong and the minimum payment on their financing is 4% of the purchase. We were told to call back and talk to the financing department the next day as they were closed when I called. We called and we were transferred to Logan and had to leave a message. I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he didn't know any better, but the fact that he ignored our call makes me think differently. My husband made a second call and they told us they would do nothing for us. Thanks Logan!!

Nebraska Furniture Mart Company Profile