3.36/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Omaha, NB

Founded by Russian immigrant Rose Blumkin or "Mrs. B" as she was affectionately known, Nebraska Furniture Mart is a home furnishings super store with Locations in Omaha, NE, Kansas City, KS, The Colony, TX and Des Moines, IA. They carry everything for the home from Furniture and Flooring to Appliances and Electronics.

Looking for a good furniture store?

Nebraska Furniture Mart Reviews

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

I placed an order for 2 subwoofers via their website. Regular priced items. Paid, got a receipt with expected shipping date. Then, the next day I get an email cancelling the order with an excuse of "wrong price listed". That is a bait & switch. Completely deceitful and dishonest. A company with integrity & decency and would honor their advertised price. This was not even listed as a sale item. Do your business elsewhere. Being from Nebraska and understanding how the people work there you learn quickly that your word is your bond. This company doesn't follow that value or those ethics. Shameful. They continue to show me their lack of capability "policy". So, just be aware if you buy from them, their customer service is nonexistent and they don't stain by their baited prices.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Hello, Dave. We appreciate your honest review. We apologize for the issue with having placed the order and then it being cancelled and can certainly understand your frustration at this time. While we understand this information is frustrating, NFM has attempted to provide you with the most information regarding your order and is refunding you the full cost of the order due to the inaccuracy as this is an offer we will not be honoring. Terms of use can be seen at https://www.nfm.com/terms-of-use.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

My husband and I purchased furniture on July 13, 2019. We purchased a powered leather couch, leather rocking loveseat with the foot part pull out level on the sides, end tables and the protection package for the furniture. We knew it would take about a month for the furniture to be delivered because the couch was not in stock.The furniture was delivered on 9/16/19. After waiting over a month, the coach was not powered and the love seat would foot part wouldn’t come out when the level was pulled. I asked the drivers to take them back because I had a dog and didn’t want no scratch marks on them. They said I had to wait on someone else to pick them up. I refused to sign for delivery. I called NFM and explained all to them. They sent someone else the same day for pick up the furniture.

We now have to wait another month for the couch. Received the loveseat the next week and it didn’t work. November 12 was suppose to be the new delivery date. Received a call the night before saying there was two cuts in the couch, did I still want it delivered. I said no reorder it. I called NFM on Saturday to talk with customer service about compensation. Received offer of $125.00 per Dave who works at NFM, who called customer service on my behalf. I called customer service again and was offered $200.00. I said no to both, pick up the furniture. I really liked the furniture and called again and asked if could have the end tables which is $339.94 for both as compensation. I was told by Darlene, "O’no, we can’t do that." I felt let down after all the wait time we endured only to be shut out for a little over $300.00. Will not buy from you all again.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

We ordered a custom finish dining room table from a vendor of NFM on July 5th, these typically take anywhere from 8-10 weeks for delivery. We received a call the night before delivery (9/5) to inquire if we ordered two of the side chairs in a different finish. Really? Why on earth would we do that? I obviously said no we absolutely did not and then were informed that two of our side chairs were incorrect and they would have to reorder them. The kicker, we have to wait another 8-10 weeks to get them and were told it would be Nov. 18th.

I asked NFM customer service if they could work with their vendor to escalate and after many phone calls to them I am now getting an even later date of Dec. 11th because this is their 'really busy time'. I'm sorry but our order was placed long before any orders they are currently working on but no one seems to care on either side. We paid in full for a house full of furniture from NFM and now we're stuck and apparently there is no one at NFM that can put pressure on the vendor to make this right. What ever happened to customer service, we're supposed to be okay with waiting another 10 weeks or longer (and 5 months since the original order was placed) because they are busy. We will never order from a company that we can't stand in front of to address issues such as this. Very unhappy with the lack of concern or ability to prioritize our order due to an error made by a NFM vendor.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
      Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

They regularly have 24 month 0% interest financing, which is good deal, in the fine print they state a minimum purchase of $499 and a minimum payment of 4% plus fees. A minimum payment would be 20 and you'd have it paid off in 25 months making that minimum. Well when they do the 32 month financing it's a minimum $1500 purchase and same minimum payment, 4%. So a minimum payment for $1500 is $60. Which would pay that off in 25 months same as the 24 month financing. You can even take full advantage of the 32 month financing because you can miss a payment and you have to pay a minimum 4%.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Ordered a new and expensive mattress set ($2,764.69). Paid the fee to have our old set removed. Delivery staff did well but were instructed they should not remove our old "Sleep Number" bed - their manager said the salesperson should not have committed to do that - their policy does not include removal Sleep Number beds. What kind of low class operation seeks to make customers responsible for their internal policy miscommunication AFTER they make a commitment to a customer and charge them for the service? Thankfully our delivery person Kyle and his partner had more common sense than their so-called customer service managers. However it took me twenty minutes of frustration on their cell phone while I sought to have the company back up their commitments.

In the end their outstanding delivery people easily figured out they could not just leave the dismantled bed pieces in my front yard and loaded it up. I told Kyle and the manager on the phone that if I were in charge I would fire their customer service leadership and put Kyle in charge - he gets it. How can an otherwise good organization so badly handle customer service and so constrain their people that all of them except the delivery people with the customer are fearful of doing what they know is right? I spent 30 years in the customers' service business with great success. I would be happy to donate my time to help NFM customer service get on the right track. I hope they call me. My order number is: **.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your rating and feedback, Lawrence. We are sorry about the lack of Support from our Customer Service Staff about your recent delivery. Please contact us either via live chat at NFM.com. by email at contact.us@nfm.com or by phone at 1-800-359-1200 ext. 22445 and we can investigate this and come to a suitable resolution to this. We appreciate you choosing Nebraska Furniture Mart and look forward to helping you again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

I have been a customer for 30 years plus years. After relocating from NE to TX a couple of years ago I chose to purchase Quartz countertops with NE Furniture because of my history as a customer and their outstanding service/products. However, my recent experience with Texas NE Furniture has been exasperating and nothing like my Nebraska Furniture Mart history. Here is my story.

1. I purchased a $4,000 Quartz countertops and installation from NEBRASKA FURNITURE in TEXAS the last weekend in May and the nightmare began. After over a month waiting to get scheduled for install, I had to call NE Furniture and explain that I purchased countertops and that when I purchased them, I was told they were available and in stock. At this time NE Furniture explained to me that Stone Edge their installer was responsible for installation and follow up. To which I responded I chose to do business with NE Furniture, and it is not my responsibility to chase after the companies NE Furniture contracted with.

2. When we did get scheduled the installer from Stone Edge arrived to install 4 hrs late. Then the installer miscut our new countertop for the sink. The installer then got frustrated and left. Leaving me with no sink and leaving the remaining countertops stacked against a wall.

3. The following day I did not hear from Stone Edge contractors that Ne furniture mart hired. I had to initiate a call to NE Furniture, and they were completely unaware of my situation. It took NE Furniture all day to finally get back with me and let me know they scheduled a different installer from Stone Edge.

4. Installation was finally completed not to our satisfaction and damage was done to the cabinets. See pictures.

5. After negotiations with NE Furniture Customer Care a rep from Stone Edge was sent to try to convince us the countertops were ok. After consistently pointing out the flaws, the installer was sent back to rectify issues. The installer attempted to fix the issues although he said there was not any more, he could do.

6. After countless hours of phone calls and emails a $200 credit was offered to me by NE Furniture Mart. NE Furniture informed me that was the best they could offer as Stone Edge was not willing to give any credit. MY THOUGHT ON THIS MATTER IS I DID NOT DO BUSINESS WITH STONE EDGE but NE Furniture Mart, so I expect NE Furniture to offer a reasonable credit or come and remove the countertops.

7. After several more calls to NE Furniture they made a 2nd offer for $420. That discount doesn’t even cover all of the days I took off to meet up with the contractors at the house. Needless to say we have less than quality countertops that look like this in my kitchen that is being fully remodeled. NEBRASKA Furniture Mart please go back to your roots of caring for customers and doing the right thing. Please just don't state you are sorry. Do something tangible.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Updated on 08/26/2019: NFM continues to impress with their lack of customer service. I recently wrote a review stating how NFM was unable and unwilling to travel 20 minutes outside a current route to deliver us our order without charging an extra $2,000 for "cross country delivery." So whatever, this past weekend we traveled to the Dallas location in a Uhaul truck and brought it back home. Unpacked our brand new custom made leather love seat that we waited 2 months for to find a tear in the leather.

Contacted a rep and we are setting up an appointment for a tech to come out and attempt a repair, but I was told if the piece ends of having to get exchanged, we would have to wait another 2 months (bummer but no surprise there) AND .. (here's the best part) have to return the defected piece in a Uhaul and pick up the new one ourselves to avoid a cross country delivery charge. No exception can be made being 20 minutes off a current delivery route when it is their fault we have a defected piece. To do everything again in a Uhaul would cost us an entire weekend and probably close to $500.

We waited 2 months and paid thousands of dollars for a customer leather couch and we're greeted with a tear in the leather before it's even unwrapped. That's frustrating enough, but the fact that NFM can still not make any special consideration for possible delivery of a new piece when it is their fault there's a defect in our new furniture is absolutely mind boggling to me. We live 20 minutes off a current route. We waiting 2 months and paid thousands. We hauled it ourselves in a rental truck.

After all this, they still can't be bothered to barely leave their delivery route to right a wrong. Brand new leather furniture that was specially made and took 2 months shouldn't have a tear in the first place. And if it does, the company should handle delivery/exchange completely themselves. I just cannot believe this. Do not purchase from them. Once they get your money, you're pretty much on your own. The company is all about sales, not about customer service.

Original review: We drove from Marshall, TX about 2 hours to the NFM in Dallas. We purchased a couch, love seat, and recliner among other items. We were told that NFM would charge thousands of dollars for "cross country delivery" to us despite us being only 2 hours away. That in and of itself is beyond ridiculous. We live just about 20 minutes outside of a normal delivery route, just 5 minutes off the interstate, and the delivery manager at NFM were completely unwilling to do anything to help deliver us our furniture. A sales rep recommended we ask about paying a little extra per mile for every mile outside the route because he had done something similar before, and we would have gladly done so. But NFM were completely unwilling to budge. Either we pay thousands of dollars in cross country delivery or we come pick it up ourselves with a big truck. I am so disappointing that if I would have known this I would have never bought form them in the first place.

How is just over 2 hours away considered "cross country"?? And why are there no options or wiggle room for somebody that lives literally 20 minutes away from a current route? This is absolutely ridiculous and makes no sense whatsoever. It would be such a great help for them to just drive another 20 minutes but they won't even consider it. This company through its delivery route managers have shown that they don't care about helping out their customers even in the slightest. The policy they have itself makes no sense either. The Dallas location needs to desperately expand its delivery routes and there needs to be options to consider cases like ours. I will never purchase anything from them again, will not recommend them, and am highly considering just canceling my order altogether. I'm appalled by their lack of willingness and sensible policy to help their customers who spend so much money in their store.

Nebraska Furniture Mart response

Hello Chris, thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry for the frustration on this and we apologize for any miscommunication on our delivery routes. These routes are set through contract with our delivery provider and we cannot deliver outside of those routes. We do not offer the option to pay for each extra mile, instead we offer options for the cross country alternative or pickup. We apologize if these options do not suit you, however we cannot provide NFM delivery to your area.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

We bought a recliner for over $600 in December 2018 that we picked up in the store. It was purchased on a promotion for no interest if paid off in 18 months. When I got the first bill in February 2019 and saw an interest charge I called and was told there was no interest charge because the amount under accrued interest showed N/A. I could have paid cash or paid the cost off at that time but did not since it was no interest. Now my last payment and I called again about the $35.28 interest charge and was told I never called and I did not buy it interest free. Will never buy furniture there again. Watch out for credit card interest scam!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I purchased a 3 piece sectional from Nebraska on May 22nd. I needed it delivered as I was moving into my new apartment on June 1st and had a June 2nd delivery - said this was no problem. The day before it was supposed to be delivered, I check the status online and it says July 10th. I was never notified with a phone call or an email. I had to call in to customer service and all I was told was that it wasn't in the warehouse - with no explanation.

A week before the 2nd estimated delivery date of July 10th, I decide to call ahead and was told by one person that he feels very confident it will arrive on time but to call the next day to verify. I called the next day and spoke to another gentlemen, where he said there is no way it would get delivered by July 10th and it was now estimated August 1st. Another 2 and a half weeks. No one ever called me or reached out to me for these delays. I had about 4 different people tell me they would follow up with me - they never did. After 2 months of sitting on the floor and not having any furniture in my living room, I decided to ask for a refund. It is sad how easy it was to get a full refund as I'm sure this is very routine for them. I now have to shop around and start the process all over again, when I should've had a couch 2 months ago. I will never shop at Nebraska again and have notified all of 60 of my coworkers to avoid Nebraska at all costs.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I have Nebraska credit card as we have been buying lot of items from NFM lately. They have the worst payment portal, complex user interface. We have signed up for paperless statements and portal never sent notification or statements. Despite of auto-payment settings on our account, our monthly charge got increased and they charged us a huge amount of interest charge without any balance miss. I warn all NFM card holder to keep checking their account regularly for any possible issue.

Nebraska Furniture Mart Company Information