2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Omaha, NB

1.3/5 (32 ratings)

About Nebraska Furniture Mart

Founded by Russian immigrant Rose Blumkin or "Mrs. B" as she was affectionately known, Nebraska Furniture Mart is a home furnishings super store with Locations in Omaha, NE, Kansas City, KS, The Colony, TX and Des Moines, IA. They carry everything for the home from Furniture and Flooring to Appliances and Electronics.

Nebraska Furniture Mart Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nebraska Furniture Mart?

Original review: July 18, 2021

The fact that Nebraska Furniture Mart only seems to respond to positive reviews on this site should help you realize what a horrible customer experience you will have if anything goes wrong with your order/installation. It’s been a solid month of battling with their claims department after our kitchen backsplash was completely butchered by the installer (after NFM ordered the wrong materials twice to begin with). Save yourself the headache and shop elsewhere!

Original review: July 7, 2021

If I could put negative stars I would. I am BEYOND LIVID with NFM. We ordered a sofa, loveseat and recliner to be delivered and set up today, meaning we paid the extra fee to have it set up in our home. Today they came to deliver the furniture and refused to even bring the boxed furniture into my home. These boxes weight about 400 pounds each. I told the delivery guys three times that we paid the fee and they needed to bring it in and set it up. They refused and wouldn't even wait for me to call Nebraska to verify.

I have been on the phone with Nebraska for over three hours, and have talked with six people. None of them could solve the problem. I was forwarded to four managers and none of them answered! I have been fighting with them all day to try and come up with a solution and they still have not fixed the problem. I have three huge boxes in my garage preventing me from parking in my garage and no furniture in my living room now. I will NEVER, I repeat NEVER shop at Nebraska Furniture Mart again. I have furnished four homes with Nebraska and NEVER EVER again! Their delivery team is terrible, their customer service is terrible and they do not value their customers. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!!!

Original review: June 8, 2021

Ordered and paid for quartz countertop and sink at NFM 3 weeks ago at their published price on the floor. Promise time from measurement (2 days) and delivery (2-4 weeks) all missed. Their partner rude and non-responsive and lies left and right. Then submits a proposal for the same product almost at double the NFM invoiced price. I wasted full 3 weeks, 10 phone calls back and forth, many emails. NFM unable to resolve the issue and fulfil order. It's not anyone's inability or availability of the product. It's pure mischief, greed and bad selling tactics that wasted my 3 weeks and sky of pain. Who will pay for my time, anguish, and effort lost?

Original review: May 26, 2021

Nfm has a pattern of telling you that your product will be delivered in 30-45 days to get the sale. On every item we purchased, they kept moving the delivery date back and blamed the manufacturer. For example, we got a washer and dryer that took 4 months to get delivered and their store reps and website still said 30 days. NFM would rather take your money and push back delivery dates later than be honest up front by displaying actual average delivery times based on current orders w their deliver dates. It just happened again with patio furniture and sales reps still say 30 days even though our new est date was 70+days from order date.

Beware of this bait and switch scam. Better to spend more money elsewhere with an transparent business. They tried to blame Covid for delays. Truth is it's their intentional poor algorithms in their systems not giving averages based on most recent sales/delivery dates and utilizing sales staff to push a false narrative, get your money then give you bad news later. They know they would lose sales to competitors if they were honest in the beginning. Nfm has done this since they have been open and it's the way they do business. Buyer Beware and avoid the stress by shopping elsewhere.

Original review: April 26, 2021

Avoid Nebraska Furniture Mart. Spent about $4,000 dollars on a bedroom set and it came damaged. Replaced side rails and footboard and then discovered warpage with dresser. A new dresser was delivered and 3 weeks later it is already warped and drawers won’t close. Nebraska furniture mart refuses to stand behind the product and offer to take back the poorly manufactured high end furniture and will only replace the dresser a third time with few months left in warranty stating they only sell the product and it’s up to manufacturer. Completely regret spending hard earned money at NFM and they have lost a customer for life over this. I sure hope the third dresser is well made and not another piece of trash. I remember being 6 and going to the Omaha store for quality furniture with great customer service. It’s sad to see how far down the tubes it has gone.

Original review: April 26, 2021

When I paid delivery charge, I wasn't told that my furniture would be dropped off at the sidewalk. They would not even bring it to the front of the building. I am Disabled and I'm unable to move it. The delivery driver was extremely rude and when I told him that I had no way to move the furniture off the sidewalk, he threw it back in the truck and left. I called NFM and was told that it would cost an additional $100 to have it brought to my door so I asked if that would include setup also, I was told, "No, that would be an additional $25." My sales person, Tierra ** saw that I was disabled so why didnt she tell me it would be dumped on the sidewalk. I live on a fixed income so the additional charges wiped me out financially for all of next month. This was a horrible experience for me and I will never purchase anything from NFM again.

Original review: April 21, 2021

Poor inventory management and dishonest customer service. I have multiple purchases with them and none of them got delivered without issue. First, I purchased a bed. The delivery was delayed for 2 weeks. Then, the bed got delivered but missing parts so it could not be assembled. They do not have any replacement in stock so I have to wait 2 months to get the parts. From now til then, I will have to sleep on the floor watching parts of the bed sitting everywhere in my bedroom.

Then, I purchased a NEW sofa. Guess what, they delivered a USED one. I called in to report this, the customer service rep lied to me stating that it was a new one that was brought back due to missing parts. She didn't know that I already got the price tag of the sofa stating that it was a USED one with their special markdown price to sell it as clearance item. The price was lower than half of what I paid for. I brought this up to the rep and she offered me some credit to keep the sofa. I let her know that I would agree to keep it if they match it with the clearance price they tagged to the sofa.

The rep said they could not do that. That's fine. I had no problem with that. So I wanted them to bring me the NEW one and take this USED one away. And guess what now, as I called in to request the exchange, the rep now said they didn't have it in stock and they had to order it. The ETA now was end of May and was just an ESTIMATED one. So it's more than likely that I have no choice other than waiting til the end of May (or may be even longer) to have the sofa. It was my first time buying furnitures from this retailer and it may also be my last time. Such a terrible experience.

Original review: April 14, 2021

NFM took my money and never delivered my furniture. We ordered a couch middle of last year. We keep getting calls and emails changing the delivery date. Every month we receive another email pushing our delivery out further and further. Why is NFM still selling couches they can’t deliver? Covid is not causing this much of a delay. I see other furniture companies delivery trucks delivering furniture everyday. I spent thousands on this furniture. THEY HAVE HAD MY MONEY ALMOST A YEAR. What on earth is going on? Where is my couch I paid for, IN FULL LAST YEAR?!

Original review: April 8, 2021

I found their customer service very rude. I called in to inquire about the status of my order and showed concern about the delivery getting delayed. The lady who told me her name as Michelle was very rude in her response. Rather than talking to me nicely and addressing my concern, she very rudely said that people have been waiting to receive their orders since January and also said that she will be happy to cancel my order if I wish! They surely do not need our business. I don't think I will shop at NFM again.

Original review: March 12, 2021

I was purchasing a Surface Pro 7, Intel Core i7 laptop for the ad price but I contacted NFM online customer service for warranty question. Between the ad price, customer service, and manager; I got 3 different prices. The ad had the lower sales price of $689, customer service stated $1200 and the manager stated $1500. Each time the price went higher and higher. This is what I call Bait and Switch (Isn't that against the law?). I have a photo shot of the advertised price which they will not honor or give me a better price from their error or bait and switch to get me interest in the product. DON'T trust what you see at NFM online. BE CAREFUL!

Nebraska Furniture Mart Company Information