1.54/5

Need a good mattress?

Buffalo, NY

Need a good mattress?

57 Metro Mattress Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 20, 2019

Poor customer service. I purchased a bed/mattress 20 days ago and still don’t have it set up yet. I’ve had 3 deliveries and still missing brackets to attach headboard to bed base and still don’t have the correct headboard. Supposed to come again in 2 more days. Hope they have the correct parts then.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I currently work here and I have seen upper management bend over backwards for people. The issue I think is people buy $300 beds and expect them to last a long time. Quality matters. Many times customers get upset when they need a warranty and we can’t process it because there are stains on the mattress. They need to understand that Metro Mattress is handling the warranty as a third party and that the manufacturer of the mattress they purchased is where an approval or denial comes from.

Most of the time any of those issues could have been avoided by a simple mattress protector which they could get anywhere. It clearly states on the back of their invoice how returns are handled, warranties, customer service issues etc. At any rate I feel our team goes above and beyond for our customers. There will always be people that complain that is part of any business. People expect you to give them everything for free and think by stomping their feet it will happen. To be honest it usually does work as Metro wants to keep their customers happy but you cannot apparently please them all. I think I seen 48 complaints on here that sounds like a lot but it’s not considering we sell thousands of mattress sets a year across NY. P.S. I personally have purchased about 6 sets from our company. No issues yet.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Worst Experience I ever had. Once they have your money you are screwed. Won’t work you at all plus they LIE. JOE ** don’t do business with him in the Yorkville store. He came right out and said that I’m stuck with a adjustable base which I paid 1,250.00 for.

Original review: March 10, 2019

Was shopping for a bed for my adult daughter. Walked into Metro Mattress on transit in Lockport and both salespeople were friendly and helpful. They found me a great deal on the perfect bed for my daughter. I will shop here again.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We purchased a mattress with warranty, however, when you go to take advantage you are only limited to certain choices and can't even get some sort of credit to upgrade and pay more. Replacement mattress is junk awful. Good sales staff. Awful warranty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro Mattress?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I purchased a Spring Air Allison Mattress at Metro Mattress knowing they deliver. I had a certain amount of money to spend. Nine months later it ended having impressions so bad. I wrote up a warranty complaint. Lady came out, measured and took pictures. Go back to store. Received store credit, so against my better judgment financed 350 more dollars thinking it is better mattress. Well, nine months later same issue. Unbelievable. So I wrote another warranty complaint. Lady comes out, measures and takes pictures.

I had contacted company of Spring Air, they said I needed to contact manufacturer. They said I needed to contact store. I went out to the store and picked out a Sealy that is on sale for half. They said I couldn't get my money back and then they only credited me 90% of my money and still charged me for delivery. I have a called Corporate and still waiting for them to call me back. I plan to call them again and if I gets no results I will be calling BBB again. My intentions was to buy a mattress and be done. It turns I have had to go thru all this BS and lose money at the same time.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Warranty is useless. My recommendation is to be prepared for frustration and anguish if you have any warranty issues when purchasing through Metro Mattress. The store employees were fine, they helped get the warranty process started and I was approved by the manufacturer for a $1234 credit due to the Mattress depressions. I picked out a new mattress and paid the delivery fee and the extra costs of the new mattress. When the delivery people came they stated that the manufacturer would not accept the mattress due to two small stains.

The warranty states "all decisions concerning warranty claims are made solely by the manufacturer". This is clearly not the case because the manufacturer approved the warranty, issued the credit to the store which allowed the purchase of the new mattress, only to find out that the delivery team made the decision it isn't covered under the warranty. They did say I can try to clean the stains. I think the best scenario is to buy one, don't take it out of its bag and don't sleep on it, put it in a time capsule and the warranty will work perfectly.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I purchased a brand new bed in Feb of 2017 this year still paying on it. The bed cost $3900. Hasn't even been a year. I told them I couldn’t sleep on it any more it was killing my back. I notice a lump in it, they said I couldn't return it because I didn't buy their $399.00 mattress cover. It isn't covered even though I'm still paying for this garbage and never will I buy a bed from them again nor will I give them a good reference. They are terrible. I didn't even want to give them a star at all. Not even the workers.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

On December 30, 2016 I purchased a Spring Air mattress and foundation from Erik at Metro Mattress in Latham, New York. After about a month I stopped by the store to say I wasn't happy with the mattress and wanted to exchange it per their 1-year sleep on it guarantee. Erik said to give it a little longer as the time frame didn't matter as I had one year to make the exchange. Over the next couple of months I noticed a crater was forming around the area where I sleep. I went back to the store and Erik said he would have someone come to check if the mattress was defective.

This took over two months as scheduling with the person was a problem as she could only come on a Sunday for my area. Sunday mornings were not convenient for me. Upon checking my mattress, the lady said it had more than a 1" depression and was surprised it happened within three months of sleeping on it. We then heard from the Syracuse headquarters stating that "your sleep set was found to be utilizing a bed frame not offering the proper or adequate support for your sleep set." "....the validity of your claim has not been established." Hence, they had not sent any info to the manufacturer.

Never was I told that a specific frame was required. I was only asked if my frame had a center bar, which it does. Upon writing a letter to the headquarters and speaking with a female spokesperson from Metro Mattress, she assured my she would see what could be done at the manufacturer's end, and she would get back to me ASAP. That's a joke. I have never heard from her again.

I guess if I was willing to pay the $300 exchange fee and the difference of the full sticker price of a better mattress from what I paid, I could have another mattress. What a phony guarantee. It only benefits the company money wise. I was forced to scrap that mattress and buy another one elsewhere. No way would I ever get another mattress from Metro Mattress, and others should think twice before buying anything from them.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Bought a $3000 bed and had it for less than a year when we noticed that it had a bad dip in it. We then went back to the store and had a claim written up and submitted to the company. An agent of the company then came to our home and looked at the mattress and said it won't be under warranty because of a stain. At the time we bought the mattress, we also purchased a stain repelling cover for $200.00 to guarantee us no stains, and it didn't work. Not our fault. People need to know that Metro Mattress will not honor their warranty.

Metro Mattress Company Information