4.43/5

Need a good mattress?

Leesa

Built in the United States, Leesa memory foam and hybrid mattresses are a direct-to-consumer online mattress company with a 100-night in-home trial. Ideal for back and side sleepers, Leesa also provides bed frames, pillows and waterproof mattress protectors.

BOTTOM LINE

Leesa offers quality memory foam and hybrid mattresses designed with pressure relief and full body support in mind.

PROS

• Try before you buy
    • 100-night risk-free trial
    • Memory foam and hybrid options

CONS

• Hybrid model is pricey

Top Leesa Reviews

02/17/2019

It is a nice, thick mattress that makes getting to sleep easier for us. It doesn't seem to lose its shape [and] I don't disturb my husband when I move around. We compared prices and features of several other brands and this was the best price, with the best features.

02/25/2019

The reviews from real owners made me choose Leesa and it is very affordable. The memory foam and comfort of this product is top notch. The softest I have ever slept on. This brand is customer friendly. However, I would improve the stitching and sometimes the heat catches in.

Need a good mattress?

About Leesa mattresses

Leesa offers memory foam and hybrid mattresses shipped directly to your home in an easy-to-manage box. In addition to mattresses, Leesa sells bed frames and bases, pillows and mattress protectors. Leesa mattresses are sold exclusively online but their partnership with West Elm lets you test the mattress in the store before buying it online. The company also has a 100-night risk-free trial which allows you to try the mattress in your home for up to 100 nights and return if you’re not satisfied, and the Leesa mattress warranty is 10 years.

100-night risk-free trial

Free shipping & returns

Try in-store at West Elm

Leesa mattress materials and construction

The original Leesa mattress is a memory foam mattress constructed with 10” of comfort and support foam layers. The Sapira is a hybrid model, made with both foam and wrapped coils. The Sapira features 3” of foam on top and 6” of individually wrapped pocket springs as a support layer on the base. All Leesa mattresses are constructed in the USA.

leesa mattress materials

Leesa mattress comfort

Made to support all body types and sleep positions, Leesa mattresses are especially noted for the pressure relief provided to side sleepers. The Leesa model will contour and conform to your body’s curves as you sink into the foam, unlike traditional, innerspring mattresses. If you don’t like the feeling of sleeping “in” your mattress as opposed to “on” it, the Sapira hybrid option may be a better fit.

• Firmness: Leesa mattresses are generally ranked “medium”, or 5-6 on the traditional 1-10 firmness scale. The Sapira model typically ranks around 6-7, classifying it as “medium-firm” and giving it the edge for sleepers who prefer firmer support. The memory foam layers included in both mattresses will provide some sinkage, while still providing support.
      • Sleeping position: All sleeping positions are considered, with extra support for side sleepers.
      • Motion transfer: Both mattresses should provide limited motion transfer, but the original Leesa model was designed with reduced motion transfer in mind.
      • Edge support: The Sapira model has improved edge support.
      • Sleeping hot: The top layer of both mattresses are built with a microcell construction Leesa calls “LSA200 foam technology” that increases airflow and allows for a cooler sleeping experience.

Leesa mattress prices

Leesa sells two models: the Leesa Mattress, which is their original memory foam mattress, and the Sapira Hybrid Mattress, which mixes foam with springs. The average Leesa mattress cost is $995 for a queen mattress. Financing is available.

Mattress sizeLeesa costSapira cost
      Twin$595$995
      Twin XL$695$1095
      Full$895$1295
      Queen$995$1595
      King$1195$1795
      California King$1195$1795

Are Leesa mattresses good?

If you’re looking for a memory foam or hybrid mattress, Leesa is worth considering. A top brand in the bed-in-a-box sector, Leesa mattresses are designed with support, pressure relief and cool sleep in mind.

7 Leesa Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2019

I love my Leesa mattress. It's miraculously both firm and soft, so it's perfect for both my husband (who likes soft mattresses) and I (who likes firm). The quality is incredible. It survived a trip from Philadelphia to Oklahoma when I moved (rolled it up in plastic and deflated it) and maintained its shape and firmness after. The outer layer can be machine washed. And Leesa, the company, donates mattresses and employees' time to good causes. I couldn't be more satisfied with my Leesa mattress.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Leesa was recommended by a friend who raved about how great hers was. I tried it and love it! The corners roll up a while after it arrives, but then they tend to 'relax' more as the days go by. But I loved that the mattress was ready and waiting for me on the front porch after work one day. Comfort level is high.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

This was the only mattress that as soon as I tried it out and laid down I was sucked in. I liked how it felt on my body overall and I had no complaints about it at the time that I tried it. I loved how it fit within my price range. But I don't like how much I had to spend to get the mattress. I also hate that there was no type of promotion on the mattress. I had to spend all the money out of pocket. I should not have to pay that much money in order to sleep better so that I can live a better life. Other than that, I like how comfortable the mattress is, I like how when I lay on it I sink in in a good way and how it feels on my back and the rest of my body. I liked that it contoured to my body overall. I liked that it made me feel great in the morning when I woke up after sleeping on it.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This mattress is soft and not too expensive. I also like the brand itself. They are prestigious. I like them and what they stand for. Very great brand and eco friendly. Very good customer service too. They’re reliable when you have a questions or concern. They also are available Monday thru Sunday. The mattress is long lasting and comes with a 5 years warranty. Plus, it's soft and plush. I would make them though in bigger sizes, like a California king bed and with extra plush and Tempur-Pedic materials.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

It is a nice, thick mattress that makes getting to sleep easier for us. It is probably the most comfortable mattress I have ever had. It was made of memory foam and also has a cooling layer. But I would add a little extra thick gel layer to help the sleepers stay cool and comfortable. It doesn't seem to lose its shape and it hasn't started sagging. And I don't disturb my husband when I move around. We compared prices and features of several other brands and this was the best price, with the best features for the 2 of us. The next mattress buy will be the same brand because it is so amazing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Leesa?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

The reviews from real owners made me choose Leesa and it is very affordable. This is also made in USA of very high quality materials. Most mattresses cut costs with materials and lead to mattress that falls apart and loses shape quicker. The memory foam and comfort of this product is top notch. The softest I have ever slept on. The warranty and returns are also very flexible. This brand is customer friendly. However, I would improve the stitching and sometimes the heat catches in. I don't like the color of this bed either though it's not an issue because of comforter, sheets, etc.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

This is the best mattress and I like that it is a good brand. It is good for anyone to have and it a good mattress to sleep on. It is good for me to have and I really like it. I like the way it feels. I like the way it costs and I love everything about it.

Leesa Company Information