Klaussner Furniture

Wilmington, DE

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Bought a manual reclining couch and the left side arm is already broken and the upholstery is starting to come off. This couch is only 1.5 yrs old and the company only provides a one year warranty. First and only piece of Klaussner Furniture I will own. Very poor quality.

I'm writing a review in response to the comments made by Nick of San Diego on 9/25/16. I just received my leather sectional yesterday and I initially thought I had the same issue with pillows not lining up. Fortunately, I took the time to investigate prior to firing off a bad review. At first glance all of the cushions appeared to be the same size, but that is not the case. There is one larger seat cushion that goes in the center to line everything up properly. It turned out that the cushions were not installed in the correct locations and I'm sure Nick had the same issue.

I just wanted to let others know how disappointed I am with my furniture. My couch I purchased had a staple left in the cushion that created a hole in the fabric behind the bottom cushion. The technician that was sent removed the staple and said nobody would be able to see the hole. My recliner foot rest part all the stuffing bunched up at the bottom. We are still waiting for a repair a month later. He said he could repair it but it would just happen again because of how it's made. Very disappointed. Paid a lot of money thinking it weasel quality furniture.

I bought a Klaussner love seat. After only 3 years of use the cushion is shredding. Unfortunately the warranty was only for one year. As it turns out I can't even pay for a replacement cushion because Klaussner only used this fabric for one year because it found it not to be a big runner. I wonder why. I learned my lesson. I should have listened to the reviews. I will never purchase Klaussner again!!! The store I bought it from Tiffany Furniture is out of business.

Purchased a Swivel Rocker Recliner. The fabric on the leg rest is gathered in a wrinkled bunch. The recliner is off balance and dips an inch to the left. The recliner is extremely uncomfortable a/c of poor construction. The repair tech came and informed us that the chair was missing a piece of the frame; and he would order it. It would take 4-6 wks. The replacement piece would include the attached leg rest solving that unsightly defect.

The tech returned and advised the fabric was discontinued and he had 2 pieces of what appeared to be scrap plywood that he attached to the underside of the frame on the right and left sides under the seat cushion. The result is that sitting in the chair means you are sitting with your butt between 2 pieces of wood. Sitting on the chair with the wood on either side of your butt cheeks is a very similar experience to sitting on a toilet seat. In fact that analogy is perfect because this recliner belongs in the crapper.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Klaussner Furniture?

Klaussner Furniture in Raleigh sold us a floor model table and we're supposed to get new chairs. Instead they delivered the floor model chairs which were nicked and bruised. Called the store and was promised new chairs. Never another word. Liars and cons.

I am from MA. I purchased my couch from Jordan's Furniture in January of 2016. Thank goodness, I got it on clearance. Klaussner Ronaldo couch is made of particle board and shims. A support beam has cracked and another beam separated. It is put together with STAPLES! The couch is made of poor materials is so poorly constructed. I concur with Margot of Chicago, IL recent review. I know I will get nothing from Jordan's Furniture because it was on clearance and am sure Klaussner has nothing to offer. I want everyone to know this manufacturer is crap. I will be on every suppliers board I know to get the word out. We work too hard for our money to get crap merchandise. It seems to be the norm everywhere.

We purchased our couch through another vendor. After 7 months the frame holding the legs cracked and broke. Turning over the couch resulted in our discovering that the couch is made of some wood, mostly particle board and shims. The couch is not only made of poor materials but is also poorly constructed. The supporting beam that cracked was particle board and had no support itself but some staples and thin nails. After complaining to Klaussner they followed up a week later with someone who said they couldn't do anything for me and I asked to not speak anymore. They decided the case was closed by sending me an email closing their case. That's it. They offered nothing and only asked me what I had done to resolve the situation. Of course we fixed it. We've been sitting on a couch with no legs for a month! Worst 2+ grand I have ever spent.

I had to write this review. I purchased a "Made in America" reclining sofa and love seat in 2012. I ordered leather because friends said it was much more durable. When the furniture came it was beautiful. Now for the down side. Within a year, the material on the sides of the cushions, which is NOT leather, started cracking. It's ugly and uncomfortable. Within two years, the couch became uncomfortable because the seats where my husband and I normally sit have sagged terribly. I looked and there is very little support.

Now I find a mechanism for releasing the foot rest has broken. I took the one from the love seat to use until I can get a replacement. I noticed that when assembling the couch apparently the worker stripped the screws so he only put one in and what he did was go find a large bolt that would cut more into the plastic. This is poor QC. Additionally, I went to the Klaussner site to find out about getting a replacement. I had to submit a ticket online. We shall see how long it takes to get a response. I think next time I'll bypass this manufacturer. Although I want to support US laborers, I cannot afford to buy substandard products only to replace them within a few years.

Noticed this review site and thought I would comment. I bought large Klaussner leather sofa and love seat about 6 months ago from Kittles. This was after much searching - leather not meant for a man cave is increasingly hard to find - but I prefer leather because of its durability. First, I found a set at Macy's (HTL china import) - lovely - but the fumes from leather were so beyond sickening that I lived completely upstairs until Macy's took them back - which they did and I greatly appreciate. I paid twice as much for made in USA Klaussner set at Kittles. The quality of leather seems fine. The lasting for 3 months bad smell was annoying, but not sickening. The base of the furniture seems fine but weirdly stiff. I agree that the quality control of the upper cushions is poor. There is a lack of uniformity in both cushion shape and fill; it looks like this portion of the build was handed off to random 8th graders. I compensate with distracting decorative pillows.

As much as I paid for these I was expecting more, but I console myself knowing there is just not much else available. (Further, I am a bit more annoyed that Kittles sold me a $500 protection warranty type thing, with the promise I could exchange it in 5 years for merchandise, if not needed. Now I see they are going out of business.) Anyway, I am not hugely disappointed with Klaussner, but I would not recommend them.

Do not purchase any products from this company. The only good thing was the delivery drivers were Courteous and professional. Couch came in and it smells horrible for over a week. In the corner sectional part of the couch it doesn't even line up properly. I'm impressed on how bad they screwed up on the design. See pictures!!! Called customer service and women with a thick Carolina accent was terrible. This company is no good!!

The first sofa I received was defective. There was a large flaw in the material of cushion and some staples were poking up on food rest. Finally was able to get Shuee's to replace it but I had to get same sofa. New one came. Still had defects. They reupholstered bad areas but it is not going to hold up. Very disappointed in Shuee's and Klaussner!

I purchased a sofa, love seat and chair from the "dump". The furniture was made by Klaussner. The problem I have is that this imitation leather is peeling. I must say the dump did offer me a gift certificate for about twenty percent of what I paid. I must be one of the few lucky customers that got something besides rejection and disappointment. Never again. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice (never again) shame on me!!!

I went to Johnson, a furniture store in Toronto, to buy a good sofa-bed and asked for a very good one. The salesman sold me one for $1,800 and today it was delivered. I am in total shock. It's absolutely terrible and, definitely the worst furniture I've ever seen in my whole life. It is ugly, has a terrible finishing and there is no support. The feet is plastic and the finishing is unacceptable. I took some pictures of the finishing but unfortunately I am not able to post it. If I had seen this furniture in the store I would not pay $100 for it. IT IS GARBAGE. I am so angry. I will try to return it tomorrow, because it is bad in all aspect. Unacceptable! Purchased sofa that was priced almost $1000.00. Absolutely terrible.

I purchased an oversized chair and loveseat. The furniture is still under warranty. The chair has two places, in seamed areas, where the material has pulled away (making a hole) or has thread which is unraveling. The retailer came out and took pictures of the defects nearly 3 weeks ago. I keep contacting the retailer and am told that Klaussner has not responded to their request to have the chair replaced. We have sat in this chair a total of less than 10 times since having it. The material is substandard and pulled like crazy. Very dissatisfied with the response I'm getting. This stuff is under warranty and should be replaced immediately. Will never purchased their furniture again. You get what you pay for, I guess. I just didn't think $600 for a chair was cheap!

This is by far the worst furniture I have ever purchased! NB Liebman will not do anything about it and said that the manufacturer considers the quality that I received as their normal! WOW. Is it normal for your cushion to begin to flatten after 4 months in a home where only 2 people live, who work full time... I weigh 115 lbs and work 50 hours a week, so my furniture get "sat" on very infrequently. How about the wood frame that you can feel with every part of your body... the arms, the foot extender...all hardly cushioned. And lastly the HOLE when you recline... my grandkids hide in there! This is their idea of quality. Never again will I ship NB Liebman. And never again a Klaussner!

I paid about $4000 for a sofa and two chairs down in leather. It's absolutely the worst furniture I've ever purchased. I've had it about a month. The foam cushions did not bounce back. There's barely any foam in them. No support at all. The people who actually sell furniture should know more about furniture! Like I say it's only a month old I can't sit on the couch because it hurts my back. There is absolutely no support. The chairs have already been sent to an upholstery person for more foam. If I could return this crap I would! I will never purchase Klausner furniture again!! It truly sucks! I am trying to get my order number and a copy of the receipt from Shuee's.

Purchased sofa that was priced almost 1000.00. Absolutely terrible. Hardly ever used because I used a lazy boy chair mostly. I had that for probably 25 years and was great. It was actually a Stratolounger brand. Finally the leg rest broke and I started using my sofa to rest. It is so pathetic and no support at all. I bought at a BON-TON. I am not attempting to contact Klaussner because the sofa is like 7 years old, but based on the usage, it is horrible. I will never buy this brand again.

One of the cushions fell apart at the seam. I live alone, no kids or grand kids using the couch. The sofa is out of the year warranty by a month or so but they wouldn't give me a cushion cover. My salesman said he got them to come down from 79 to 59 dollars. I don't think that's very good customer service when I spent thousands of dollars on the couch. My friend said her cushions have a lifetime warranty. Will look for that next time.

I have a sleeper sofa called Cruze from Klaussner. I was concerned with all the bad reviews but I thought logically that if a company was going to have a lifetime warranty on their frames etc. they must have a MUCH better product than the same priced sleeper sofas at Ashley furniture (they have a 1 year warranty). I am happy with the quality that I received. My only complaint is my accent pillows kinda aren't as poofy as when I first got them but my world hasn't come crashing down because of it.

Plus it's GORGEOUS... Is it going to last me 10 years without any problems? Who knows but I think it's circumstantial. You never know, my husband might have to use it more frequently, or a kid body slams it. The place I bought it from explained that it is their responsibility to send the Klaussner guy to my home if needed I should call the store. Seems pretty simple even if I eventually have to make the call. Very reasonably priced for USA made. Gotta love that.

My coffee table is an off white, from the Sea Breeze collection. The wood has soaked in the colors of a cup, coaster and an unlit candle. The manufacturer, Klaussner, will not try to fix it or replace it. It's less than a year old. I have bought more than 6k of their furniture in less than a year and they don't have the decency to at least try to get the stains out.

The fabric on the chairs is substandard and is susceptible to pilling. And because I sprayed Scotchguard on the fabric the company will not stand behind their product. I have used Scotchguard on my furniture and have had no adverse affect of the fabric. The fabric on these chairs is substandard and worthless and the company (Klaussner) would not stand behind their product. I purchased two new chairs and made sure they were not from the same company.

Purchased a Klaussner Sleeper Possibilities Roll-Arm Queen Sofa through JCP March 2012. This sleeper sofa was used ONLY twice before the bed/sleeper mechanism broke off the frame. The bed is UNUSABLE and the sofa cannot be sat upon. I phoned JCP where we purchased the sofa and purchased an extended warranty and was told that my extended warranty covered only spills and damage to the upholstery of the sofa and I needed to contact Klaussner to discuss the faulty mechanism. I contacted Klaussner and was told that Klaussner only covers the mechanism for one year.

I explained to the customer service rep that we had only used this sofa twice and it was clearly a faulty mechanism. Klaussner refused to repair their faulty product and JCP passes the blame to Klaussner. Buyer beware when purchasing from all retailers selling their product, or hope that something breaks in the first year or you will be stuck with a 1200.00 broken sleeper sofa!

All their stuff is American made. Every big item in my house is from them. I have zero complaints. Delivery was free for me. It all depends on the store you get it from. The company has nothing to do with what the retailers do.

After furniture shopping for months, in May of 2013, we special ordered a queen sleeper sofa from Klaussner Home Furnishings. The sofa was delivered in September. It was beautiful and comfortable. After one year, the sofa started making LOUD creaking noises when I sat on it. So loud I didn't want to sit on it for fear it would collapse. I must add at this point that we have no children, no pets, and are not large people. I am primarily the only person who sits on it and I weigh 120 lbs.

The company we purchased it from called Klaussner who replied that because it was over a year, and we didn't pay for extended warranty, they would only pay for materials no labor. Of course this meant 'tough luck' as labor IS the cost. Thankfully my husband is handy and removed the backing to see what the issue was. The backing had very little support and the wood slat that was there had so many staples in each end that it weakened the wood ends and support. He put extra supports in so we could use the sofa. Warning to potential buyers, unless you are capable of furniture repair, don't expect quality from Klaussner.

I purchased a Mason sofa sleeper that had a lifetime warranty on the frame. After 2 years the frame broke on one side, making continued use a safety hazard. I emailed, tried to call, NO ONE would even respond. Very poor customer service. Would never buy from them again.

I bought a sofa from Klaussner that has a lifetime warranty on the springs and frame. I am having an issue with what I believe to be either the springs or frame. I can't even get them to send somebody out to look at it. I was told my sofa is out of warranty. What am I not understanding about their lifetime warranty (which is why I bought the sofa in the first place over another one that I was looking at? Now, nobody will answer my call, return my call. I just keep getting "ticket closed - out of warranty" email.

On Dec, 27,2014, My husband and I purchased a recliner, chair and ottoman from Klaussner in Raleigh NC. We special ordered the furniture with a fabric of our choice, and the wait time was 4 weeks. When the furniture arrived, the ottoman was the wrong fabric (which was easily resolved) and the upholstery job on the recliner was of poor quality. After a 10 minute conversation with the warehouse manager, who tried his very best to convince me that this WAS Klaussner's idea of a quality upholstery job, they finally acquiesced and took both pieces back to be repaired/replaced. Over the course of the next 5 weeks, I called, emailed, and even reached out to the company via social network. The response was incredibly weak, and I couldn't get the information I was in search of.

I was a refund on the furniture, because I felt that it was not the same quality as the furniture displayed in the showroom and I was disgusted by the lack of customer service. The week of delivery, I reused delivery 3 separate times, however, on the day that it was supposed to have been delivered, I FINALLY received a phone call from the owner, who informed me that if I didn't receive the delivery that day, (because they sent the truck out with the furniture anyways) there was no telling when I could get it because they didn’t often deliver to my area. He flat out refused a refund. I felt pressured to accept the delivery, and when it did arrive, one of the issues that they were supposed to have fixed wasn't. I signed the delivery receipt, marking it "Accepted under protest", and would like to know if there is anything at all I can do about this?

In February 2015, we purchased a Klaussner leather reclining sofa from Jeff Lynch in Greenville, SC. In less than a month, stitching was completely out on the middle cushion (where no one sits). We reported the issue and Jeff Lynch sent a representative to look at the sofa. Within another week, stitching was coming out in the other cushions and on the back of the center cushion. We were told by the Jeff Lynch rep that they would order two cushions. We told Jeff Lynch this will not resolve the issue of stitching coming out on the rest of the sofa. It appears the thread is rotten or some other issue on all of the stitching. We are still waiting on Jeff Lynch to resolve the issue. Suggest you shop elsewhere if you want service after the sale! It is sad that this product is American Made and the quality is pathetic!

Power Reclining Sofa #14503 - NO ONE has contacted me in a month - What the heck is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sofas Unlimited Mechanicsburg PA. The couch is horrible, has pockets and ripples from sitting in a few weeks. I was told pieces have been ordered by the pictures I sent. What are pieces, there is no stuffing and also a fabric pull on one. They said will only fix one that was showing the pockets. That's because no one sat on the others. We now have, all need fixed. I want it picked up and my money back or store credit. It's just plain bad. Everyone makes mistakes and this one is.

Klaussner Furniture Company Profile