2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Wilmington, DE

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.44/5

Klaussner Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Klaussner Furniture?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Klaussner Furniture?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

I purchased 2 recliners and a couch from Comfort Designs by Klaussner in late November of 2018, I purchased an extended warranty with the furniture at that time. On June 3rd of 2020, I noticed the furniture was shaving what looked to be graphite off the bottom of the chair all over my carpet. I also noticed holes in the back of each cushion where the mechanism had punctured through.

At that time, I called the furniture store that I purchased the furniture from, they told me it was a warranty problem. I called the warranty company (Ultra Sheild, aka Data Desk, aka Serve Co North America LLC), (Courtney) said I would be contacted by a tech within 48 hours. Ten days later, I called them back, after not receiving a call, and spoke to a tech (CJ), who set an appointment for August 4th at noon. He called at 4 o'clock, and said there was a lot of traffic and asked if I would just send pictures of my issue, which I did. He looked at the pictures and said he would turn it over to his supervisor and I would be receiving new chairs. No one called me, I called them back on the 11th, and was told it was being sent to management.

I called back in September and October and was told it was being worked on, they were behind because of COVID. I called back in December and spoke to Lucy, who said Courtney and CJ no longer worked there, and she would sent my claim to management and I would be hearing from them. The same day I called the furniture store and was told they were also going to work on my claim. 8 days later, spoke to Lucy again, and she requested I send a test and fax to her of the bill and they would review it. 2 days later, I called Lucy, she said she never received my text and that they had sent me the wrong fax number... Tried again, and they confirmed receiving it.

December 22nd, at 10:30am, they wanted me to contact Amanda, after being given the wrong extension, I was forwarded to Amy. She asked for another copy of my receipt, and pictures of the tags under the cushions. I sent them, she said she couldn't read them, so I had the girl from the furniture store send them over. On the 28th they requested pictures of the tags on the footrests of each chair, and the stitching on the back of each chair to the data desk. On January 6th, I received an email from Lucy, requesting more pictures of the cushion tags again. I sent 13 more photos, and asked for confirmation that they were received.

On the 7th, Lucy requested more pictures of the serial numbers, because she couldn't read them, so I took more pictures and wrote the numbers down for her. On Janruary 9th, the furniture store asked for a timeline of what had been going on from June until January. I sent it to them along with all of the pictures. On the 12th, I got an email from the furniture store saying that they were contacting the warranty company that day.

On the 22nd, I received a box of parts and an invoice, never receiving a call. On the 23rd, I called Comfort Design, the phone number that was on the packing slip, and I called the furniture store to let them know also. On the 25th, I called the warranty company, spoke to lucy. I was told they would not cover my cushions, and that they would be sending a tech to install the new mechanisms. I told her I wanted to speak to the manager, I was placed on hold, got disconnected, called back and spoke to Jacqueline, she said she was going to look over the claim, and speak to the directors. We were on the phone for 30 minutes, and she said she would call me back by the end of the day, and have answers for me.

Same day, Pat from Comfort Design called me, and said that the store itself was responsible, they were the ones that sold me the extended warranty, so they should be taking care of this for me. On the 28th, I called the warranty company, sat on hold, and then a recording came on saying the number was not taking messages, and I was disconnected. Then, I called Tara from the furniture company, she said she was going to speak to her boss Dickey **, and the two ladies from the warranty company.

On the 29th, I received an email from Jacqueline from the warranty company, stating that they could not replace my chairs, because the warranty didn't cover faulty designs, or workmanship, or craftsmanship. If I had torn it or my dogs had torn it, or if it caught on fire, it would be covered, but it was not covered because it wasn't an accident? She said as a courtesy, she would send me a piece of the fabric so I could cover where the mechanism had torn through, but that was the best she could do... I have never been more frustrated!!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

I knew Klaussner had many bad reviews but I so wanted the small reclining sectional w/ chaise in leather, manual recline and could not find it anywhere else. I had never bought furniture online either (and will never do so again). When it arrived it looked nice but trying it out it did not feel cushy or supportive. I feared the quality was not there. Now 3 months after getting this furniture the plastic manual recline latch has broken. The online furniture company that sold it is sending a repair person. So we can't even relax in our expensive new furniture we were so excited about getting. We get to wait a few more weeks for a repair person.

My better half had allowed me to choose the furniture and I now feel like a guilty fool for buying this. It was an awful lot of money for us but as senior citizens I thought we will finally get something nice that I really wanted. It seems this company should stop making furniture and find something to do that they are good at.

I feel cheated and so disappointed.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

This was published from our local furniture store Grand Piano Furniture in Roanoke, VA on 10/25/2020. Completely not satisfied with the quality of my last Purchase Klaussner Adeline leather Sofas. Very cheap made. Cushions are sagging within the second month and becoming uncomfortable to sit on.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Ordered a Dilillo loveseat online from Birch Lane. I found out later on that is was made by Klaussner. The legs do not fit the holes drilled into the bottom of the sofa. The leg screws are too narrow for the large hole on the sofa bottom. I have received 4 sets of legs from Klaussner, all incorrect. One set was even meant to go to someone else. All the others had the same too small screw size.

Original review: March 7, 2020

Bought a new couch and matching chair. Within a year arm caved in on chair. Cushion foam sank. Fabric fraying. Spring clips on couch let go. Arm was repaired and we were told not to use top of arm when getting up and down from chair. They are made from cardboard. Told fraying is normal? Now cushions do not fit couch with new foam. Couch needs to be taken apart for spring clip replacement. Bernie & Phyl's has been doing repairs. Product is of poor quality and seven year warranty is not true. We filed complaint with Bernie & Phil's within first year. Have used almost a weeks vacation with all of pick ups and drop offs. Now I am bringing couch my self back and forth not to lose any more time.

This is a poor quality set and was told it was a good set by store. Should have looked at reviews online before we made purchase. Shame on Bernie & Phyl's for selling such a low quality set and misrepresenting it. Its a shame you spend good money on items and get crap quality. I would stay away from both Klaussner and Bernie & Phyl's. Please keep in mind this is a set for two adults with no children so use is low.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Bought a $1400.00 recliner sofa. When we got it home we found the armrest was just fabric stretched on the frame. They forgot the wood underneath. The company did come and add a piece of plywood. While it was upside down I was shocked at the poor, piecemeal construction. Fast forward 2 years the fabric in the middle is fraying apart. With no pets and no children in the home and no one sits in the middle section it was obviously stretched too tight when sewn and the fabric is pulling apart.

Also the end I sit is now 2-3 inches lower than the rest of the couch. At 150 lbs I could lose weight but should not crush a couch. Talking to Klaussner service has been an aggravating and useless runaround. Voice Messages and emails not answered at all or weeks later. Appointment to repair set up but no show and weeks later, after calling different salesmen to relay message to service center Emily I wanted a response, since emails and voice mails were ignored, I got an email, "Sorry for the mix up a technician will call you directly." That was 5 weeks ago. My last couch we had for 25 years. It was still okay. We just wanted an update. Worst decision.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

We Klaussner furniture some 15-20 years ago. It was pretty good then so we needed new sofa & loveseat. So we purchased them along with a mattress at our local dealer. After waiting 6-8 weeks they were delivered. 8 months later the upholstery started to come apart at the seams. Called the dealer who tells me he no longer carries them because of all the issues. OH GREAT! Fortunately they went to bat for us and we got new pieces but we're still not happy with the workmanship. We paid good money for the units. I guess you don't get what you paid for! Never again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

In 2005 I purchased a cream leather suite a 3 seater sofa and a 2 seater and only now are the cushions showing signs of wear but they are almost as firm as the day I bought it. I can sympathise with buyers who have had problems but from my own experience it was a great buy.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Purchased these items at the Eaton Young furniture store in Cumberland MD. The cushions were coming apart at the seams soon after receiving it. The store replaced two cushions but those are coming apart at the seams also. Really regret this purchase, paid too much for this quality. Really expected Eaton Young to carry a better quality of furniture.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I bought this Klaussner sofa from Grand's Home Furnishings. 2 years after I purchased this brand new, being told verbally how the sofa is a Klaussner and will last for a lifetime, I will stand adamant in the fact the support on the body is lacking and in fact is sending me to a chiropractor and home store to purchase a new sofa! At the day of purchase, I received much knowledge about your brand and this is the first sofa I've personally paid for and purchased. My son and I both loved the super soft texture and in the showroom and at home where we both felt enveloped in an oversized pillow yet I was surprised with the body support. I'd say within 2 years I started noticing I was pulling the stuffing up on the left and right end cushions weekly and started having to pull out the cushion seats to then pull up the attached back cushion to replace and secure the seat cushions (velcro bottom).

Now, with this said, we use the couch in the morning before he goes to school and I sit on the left randomly aka it's very gently used! On the 3rd year, when my mother came to visit us, she was shocked at how terribly uncomfortable our sofa was and she was falling in between the seat cushions (*which I already was unfortunately noticing with myself). I am unapologetically so relieved to get this out of my home and purchase a new one. We just returned from our Florida home on a vacation and coming back to sit on this is just wrong. The support literally disappeared after 2 years. The maintenance of this sofa to re-fluff the back attached cushions and move the seat cushions back has been more than a job for trying to maintain body support.

In fact, all of that work had turned into a job just for aesthetics. I feel really sad how this is my first purchase, was promised the support would sustain and as little as it's been used, which yes a couch should be sat on, how I'm now having to invest money into a new one. There's an odd tear, I found underneath the left armrest cushion and can't imagine how that happened! This us the worst couch ever and I am so disappointed typing this review while my upper body is leaning towards the left and my lower body is sinking into the right while my lower left body part is overcompensating to try and keep me centered. ETA: Our sofa after 2 years and worsening, WE SIT AND ARE SINKING (UNEVENLY) INTO THE GROUND and ours is den like use!!!

Klaussner Furniture Company Information