1.40/5
Based on 42 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Wilmington, DE

45 Klaussner Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

Klaussner Furniture - Raleigh NC - Poor quality, ordered 4/24 and first piece arrived 5/13 and it was damaged. It took over four weeks for the repair to be made. The second piece finally arrived today...almost 2 months and it was damaged as well. I am still waiting on the last piece The communication from the store is poor and the quality is worse for the price. I purchased over 6,000 worth of furniture from them in one visit and I wish I could return it all. I can only imagine what this furniture will look like a year from now once I actually start sitting on it.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I purchased a sectional sofa made by Klaussner Furniture from HomeWorld in Kailua Kona, HI about 4 years ago. Just a couple months after I got the sofa it broke. The hinge on the chaise section broke and one day I just dropped to the floor while sitting on it. I had to prop it up with a block of wood. Then the section between the sofa and the chaise wore down to the metal. I am sitting on metal every time I get up. I had to shove a blanket in there. THEN... the seat cushions became disfigured.

They have "squares" of foam that are about 4 inches smaller than the seat so I have square lumps in each section of the sofa. I tried to return it but was told it only had a one year warranty. Since when is a sofa only supposed to last one year??!! I paid over $1000.00 for it so it wasn't cheap. I live alone and am very easy on furniture. My old sofa is about 15 years old and still in great shape (I keep it downstairs). I am so disappointed with HomeWorld. I won't shop there anymore and I will never, ever purchase anything made by Klaussner.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Bought my sofa not quite 3 years ago, but within the first month we noticed fraying of the chenille material. Cushions sagged in no time; finally within the first year the frame broke in the middle, rendering this sofa basically unusable. We tried to mend the break but it broke again right next to the original break. Paid almost $800 and undoubtedly the worst purchase in our family’s history. With 3 kids in college, you’d hope a major purchase would not be one you’d have to think about replacing practically immediately. In looking at reviews on this company, I see we aren’t alone! Have had excellent sofas in the past manufactured by well-known names (Simmons, Ashley...); will spend more in the future to guarantee that the product we purchase will last.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

We purchased a sectional made by Klaussner from Gavigan's in Maryland, when it arrived we were trying the recliners out and found that the inner 2 could not be opened at the same time. The footrest hit each other, and we were told it is designed that way. Neither the retailer nor Klaussner would make this junk right, except if we bought another piece. When we first complained the retailer sent a repair expert to assess the situation, his comment was “It never should have been sold in this configuration”. They sell junk and will not stand behind anything, this manufacturer has a rating just above junk for a reason.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Three months back I ordered a new sofa from Amish Furniture Gallery Naperville, this sofa is made by Klaussner. This sofa is tufted and two cushion sofa PENNINGTON, I see lot of threading visible and buttons pull off. Most of the areas I see this is very cheaply done and the stitch is very weak. I am sure in a year or 2 this sofa will worn out and I will be shopping again... I feel sorry myself spending $ 2000. I expected a good quality as it's being MADE IN USA... I can understand if it's made in China or somewhere overseas.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Klaussner Furniture?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Purchased a sofa and loveseat from J M Beatty in Eau Claire, Pa, in December of 2014, no problem with furniture store, BUT a BIG problem with Klaussner product. Very poorly constructed, compressed particle board supports, does not hold form, has broken arms and side of sofa, and there is only my husband and myself using the furniture on a daily basis. Will never purchase this brand again, and will have all furniture turned upside down in future to check construction and material used. Is disgusting, since our previous furniture last at least 10 to 15 years with no problems. 3 years and it is already falling apart.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Bought a sectional from my furniture store. And when I went to sit on chaise. The bottom was too short. Didn't meet with the back cushion! Had to stuff 2 pillows in there so I wouldn't fall thru! Furniture talked to makers rep. And rep. Just blew it off! I CALLED the maker of sectional. And they said they uphold their quality of work. And would address this with my furniture place. All they did was tell them to talk to their rep. So furniture place came to get chaise to try to fix it themselves!!! So I can't use my whole Sectional! And staples are sticking up under material. Recliners are so cheaply made. No cushion for your feet! This sectional is a piece of crap!! Don't buy from this maker!!! I'm going to put the sectional on my sidewalk with a big sign that says... Bought this from Francis Furniture. Don't buy any furniture from Klaussner's!!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Purchased Klaussner Sinclair Sofa and chair. 2 issues w/ this. 1 seat cushions look like they are 10 years old. When they are under 2 years old Had sofa/chair cleaned by a professional cleaning company and parts of the fabric, between the 2 row of buttons is ruined. Cleaners said it is design, Jordan's insists it is the cleaners. I also purchased a 5 year warranty. And Jordan's won't even send someone out to take a look. What did I pay for. My recourse will be small claims. Do not buy this brand, it does not stand up to light use.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Bought a manual reclining couch and the left side arm is already broken and the upholstery is starting to come off. This couch is only 1.5 yrs old and the company only provides a one year warranty. First and only piece of Klaussner Furniture I will own. Very poor quality.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I'm writing a review in response to the comments made by Nick of San Diego on 9/25/16. I just received my leather sectional yesterday and I initially thought I had the same issue with pillows not lining up. Fortunately, I took the time to investigate prior to firing off a bad review. At first glance all of the cushions appeared to be the same size, but that is not the case. There is one larger seat cushion that goes in the center to line everything up properly. It turned out that the cushions were not installed in the correct locations and I'm sure Nick had the same issue.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I just wanted to let others know how disappointed I am with my furniture. My couch I purchased had a staple left in the cushion that created a hole in the fabric behind the bottom cushion. The technician that was sent removed the staple and said nobody would be able to see the hole. My recliner foot rest part all the stuffing bunched up at the bottom. We are still waiting for a repair a month later. He said he could repair it but it would just happen again because of how it's made. Very disappointed. Paid a lot of money thinking it weasel quality furniture.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I bought a Klaussner love seat. After only 3 years of use the cushion is shredding. Unfortunately the warranty was only for one year. As it turns out I can't even pay for a replacement cushion because Klaussner only used this fabric for one year because it found it not to be a big runner. I wonder why. I learned my lesson. I should have listened to the reviews. I will never purchase Klaussner again!!! The store I bought it from Tiffany Furniture is out of business.

Original review: April 18, 2017

Purchased a Swivel Rocker Recliner. The fabric on the leg rest is gathered in a wrinkled bunch. The recliner is off balance and dips an inch to the left. The recliner is extremely uncomfortable a/c of poor construction. The repair tech came and informed us that the chair was missing a piece of the frame; and he would order it. It would take 4-6 wks. The replacement piece would include the attached leg rest solving that unsightly defect.

The tech returned and advised the fabric was discontinued and he had 2 pieces of what appeared to be scrap plywood that he attached to the underside of the frame on the right and left sides under the seat cushion. The result is that sitting in the chair means you are sitting with your butt between 2 pieces of wood. Sitting on the chair with the wood on either side of your butt cheeks is a very similar experience to sitting on a toilet seat. In fact that analogy is perfect because this recliner belongs in the crapper.

Original review: March 2, 2017

Klaussner Furniture in Raleigh sold us a floor model table and we're supposed to get new chairs. Instead they delivered the floor model chairs which were nicked and bruised. Called the store and was promised new chairs. Never another word. Liars and cons.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

I am from MA. I purchased my couch from Jordan's Furniture in January of 2016. Thank goodness, I got it on clearance. Klaussner Ronaldo couch is made of particle board and shims. A support beam has cracked and another beam separated. It is put together with STAPLES! The couch is made of poor materials is so poorly constructed. I concur with Margot of Chicago, IL recent review. I know I will get nothing from Jordan's Furniture because it was on clearance and am sure Klaussner has nothing to offer. I want everyone to know this manufacturer is crap. I will be on every suppliers board I know to get the word out. We work too hard for our money to get crap merchandise. It seems to be the norm everywhere.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

We purchased our couch through another vendor. After 7 months the frame holding the legs cracked and broke. Turning over the couch resulted in our discovering that the couch is made of some wood, mostly particle board and shims. The couch is not only made of poor materials but is also poorly constructed. The supporting beam that cracked was particle board and had no support itself but some staples and thin nails. After complaining to Klaussner they followed up a week later with someone who said they couldn't do anything for me and I asked to not speak anymore. They decided the case was closed by sending me an email closing their case. That's it. They offered nothing and only asked me what I had done to resolve the situation. Of course we fixed it. We've been sitting on a couch with no legs for a month! Worst 2+ grand I have ever spent.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I had to write this review. I purchased a "Made in America" reclining sofa and love seat in 2012. I ordered leather because friends said it was much more durable. When the furniture came it was beautiful. Now for the down side. Within a year, the material on the sides of the cushions, which is NOT leather, started cracking. It's ugly and uncomfortable. Within two years, the couch became uncomfortable because the seats where my husband and I normally sit have sagged terribly. I looked and there is very little support.

Now I find a mechanism for releasing the foot rest has broken. I took the one from the love seat to use until I can get a replacement. I noticed that when assembling the couch apparently the worker stripped the screws so he only put one in and what he did was go find a large bolt that would cut more into the plastic. This is poor QC. Additionally, I went to the Klaussner site to find out about getting a replacement. I had to submit a ticket online. We shall see how long it takes to get a response. I think next time I'll bypass this manufacturer. Although I want to support US laborers, I cannot afford to buy substandard products only to replace them within a few years.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

Noticed this review site and thought I would comment. I bought large Klaussner leather sofa and love seat about 6 months ago from Kittles. This was after much searching - leather not meant for a man cave is increasingly hard to find - but I prefer leather because of its durability. First, I found a set at Macy's (HTL china import) - lovely - but the fumes from leather were so beyond sickening that I lived completely upstairs until Macy's took them back - which they did and I greatly appreciate. I paid twice as much for made in USA Klaussner set at Kittles. The quality of leather seems fine. The lasting for 3 months bad smell was annoying, but not sickening. The base of the furniture seems fine but weirdly stiff. I agree that the quality control of the upper cushions is poor. There is a lack of uniformity in both cushion shape and fill; it looks like this portion of the build was handed off to random 8th graders. I compensate with distracting decorative pillows.

As much as I paid for these I was expecting more, but I console myself knowing there is just not much else available. (Further, I am a bit more annoyed that Kittles sold me a $500 protection warranty type thing, with the promise I could exchange it in 5 years for merchandise, if not needed. Now I see they are going out of business.) Anyway, I am not hugely disappointed with Klaussner, but I would not recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

Do not purchase any products from this company. The only good thing was the delivery drivers were Courteous and professional. Couch came in and it smells horrible for over a week. In the corner sectional part of the couch it doesn't even line up properly. I'm impressed on how bad they screwed up on the design. See pictures!!! Called customer service and women with a thick Carolina accent was terrible. This company is no good!!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

The first sofa I received was defective. There was a large flaw in the material of cushion and some staples were poking up on food rest. Finally was able to get Shuee's to replace it but I had to get same sofa. New one came. Still had defects. They reupholstered bad areas but it is not going to hold up. Very disappointed in Shuee's and Klaussner!

Original review: May 20, 2016

I purchased a sofa, love seat and chair from the "dump". The furniture was made by Klaussner. The problem I have is that this imitation leather is peeling. I must say the dump did offer me a gift certificate for about twenty percent of what I paid. I must be one of the few lucky customers that got something besides rejection and disappointment. Never again. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice (never again) shame on me!!!

Original review: April 19, 2016

I went to Johnson, a furniture store in Toronto, to buy a good sofa-bed and asked for a very good one. The salesman sold me one for $1,800 and today it was delivered. I am in total shock. It's absolutely terrible and, definitely the worst furniture I've ever seen in my whole life. It is ugly, has a terrible finishing and there is no support. The feet is plastic and the finishing is unacceptable. I took some pictures of the finishing but unfortunately I am not able to post it. If I had seen this furniture in the store I would not pay $100 for it. IT IS GARBAGE. I am so angry. I will try to return it tomorrow, because it is bad in all aspect. Unacceptable! Purchased sofa that was priced almost $1000.00. Absolutely terrible.

Original review: April 1, 2016

I purchased an oversized chair and loveseat. The furniture is still under warranty. The chair has two places, in seamed areas, where the material has pulled away (making a hole) or has thread which is unraveling. The retailer came out and took pictures of the defects nearly 3 weeks ago. I keep contacting the retailer and am told that Klaussner has not responded to their request to have the chair replaced. We have sat in this chair a total of less than 10 times since having it. The material is substandard and pulled like crazy. Very dissatisfied with the response I'm getting. This stuff is under warranty and should be replaced immediately. Will never purchased their furniture again. You get what you pay for, I guess. I just didn't think $600 for a chair was cheap!

Original review: March 20, 2016

This is by far the worst furniture I have ever purchased! NB Liebman will not do anything about it and said that the manufacturer considers the quality that I received as their normal! WOW. Is it normal for your cushion to begin to flatten after 4 months in a home where only 2 people live, who work full time... I weigh 115 lbs and work 50 hours a week, so my furniture get "sat" on very infrequently. How about the wood frame that you can feel with every part of your body... the arms, the foot extender...all hardly cushioned. And lastly the HOLE when you recline... my grandkids hide in there! This is their idea of quality. Never again will I ship NB Liebman. And never again a Klaussner!

Original review: March 15, 2016

I paid about $4000 for a sofa and two chairs down in leather. It's absolutely the worst furniture I've ever purchased. I've had it about a month. The foam cushions did not bounce back. There's barely any foam in them. No support at all. The people who actually sell furniture should know more about furniture! Like I say it's only a month old I can't sit on the couch because it hurts my back. There is absolutely no support. The chairs have already been sent to an upholstery person for more foam. If I could return this crap I would! I will never purchase Klausner furniture again!! It truly sucks! I am trying to get my order number and a copy of the receipt from Shuee's.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2016

Purchased sofa that was priced almost 1000.00. Absolutely terrible. Hardly ever used because I used a lazy boy chair mostly. I had that for probably 25 years and was great. It was actually a Stratolounger brand. Finally the leg rest broke and I started using my sofa to rest. It is so pathetic and no support at all. I bought at a BON-TON. I am not attempting to contact Klaussner because the sofa is like 7 years old, but based on the usage, it is horrible. I will never buy this brand again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

One of the cushions fell apart at the seam. I live alone, no kids or grand kids using the couch. The sofa is out of the year warranty by a month or so but they wouldn't give me a cushion cover. My salesman said he got them to come down from 79 to 59 dollars. I don't think that's very good customer service when I spent thousands of dollars on the couch. My friend said her cushions have a lifetime warranty. Will look for that next time.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2015

I have a sleeper sofa called Cruze from Klaussner. I was concerned with all the bad reviews but I thought logically that if a company was going to have a lifetime warranty on their frames etc. they must have a MUCH better product than the same priced sleeper sofas at Ashley furniture (they have a 1 year warranty). I am happy with the quality that I received. My only complaint is my accent pillows kinda aren't as poofy as when I first got them but my world hasn't come crashing down because of it.

Plus it's GORGEOUS... Is it going to last me 10 years without any problems? Who knows but I think it's circumstantial. You never know, my husband might have to use it more frequently, or a kid body slams it. The place I bought it from explained that it is their responsibility to send the Klaussner guy to my home if needed I should call the store. Seems pretty simple even if I eventually have to make the call. Very reasonably priced for USA made. Gotta love that.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2015

My coffee table is an off white, from the Sea Breeze collection. The wood has soaked in the colors of a cup, coaster and an unlit candle. The manufacturer, Klaussner, will not try to fix it or replace it. It's less than a year old. I have bought more than 6k of their furniture in less than a year and they don't have the decency to at least try to get the stains out.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2015

The fabric on the chairs is substandard and is susceptible to pilling. And because I sprayed Scotchguard on the fabric the company will not stand behind their product. I have used Scotchguard on my furniture and have had no adverse affect of the fabric. The fabric on these chairs is substandard and worthless and the company (Klaussner) would not stand behind their product. I purchased two new chairs and made sure they were not from the same company.

Klaussner Furniture Company Information