1.39/5
Based on 46 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a good furniture store?

Wilmington, DE

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

49 Klaussner Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My complaint regarding Klaussner concerns their failure to honor their “seven-year” warranty on structural defects. In March of 2016, we purchased a complete set of Carrington Outdoor Furniture (sofa, two swivel rockers, coffee table and two end tables) for approximately $4,500. Our intent was to use it to furnish our enclosed, four-season room and expand our living space. This set was never outside in the elements and did not receive use until the room had been completed in the late summer of 2017.

We were initially thrilled with the look of the room – and accented the space with carpet and accent pieces, including an indoor fireplace to extend the use of the room. After about 9 months of use, in April 2018, we noticed that one of the chairs was tipping. When we turned it over to inspect it, we found that the metal supports underneath had been cracked and that the round frame was dented. We had not notice this upon delivery, but the damage was such that it could only have been sustained from high impact – such as droppage.

We immediately called Klaussner and were referred back to the dealer. We called our dealer and were told that they only warranted purchases for one year. When we reminded them that Klaussner had a seven year warranty, they told us that they no longer carried Klaussner because they had received similar complaints to ours. We were caught in the middle of a dealer that would not honor a manufacturer’s warranty and a manufacturer that was not interested in dealing with customers directly.

We offered to accept a repair – and were initially told that Klaussner had ordered the part. We followed up in early May and was told that the part was not available. And, to further complicate matter, Klaussner no longer manufactured this particular model. We continued to follow up with the store and were told in June, that they had located a part and it was “on its way.” At the end of June, we followed up and were told that the part was not available (again). I stressed at that time that we had already lost a good portion of the summer and this room was a very important part of our home – and inquired as to whether or not they would replace the chair. We were willing to even accept something that might closely match.

Again, after two weeks of waiting, we followed up and were finally told that Klaussner had agreed to reimburse the price of the chair. But that the refund would take “a few weeks” (this was mid-July 2018). When no word was received by August 2018, we followed up and were told that Klaussner would refund, but the refund would be pro-rated to 50%. (Originally a $900 chair, now being reimbursed for $400) – rendering a $4,500 set useless. We protested and thought the fair thing to do would be for Klaussner to take the entire set back and allow us to replace it with another set at a fair “prorated” price. They were unwilling to do that and instead insisted that they would only refund us $400. At the end of the day, the store agreed to make up the difference and we did received a refund of $900 for the chair.

Unfortunately, we were then faced with replacing the set with a new, more reliable brand at an additional cost of $5,400. We purchased Woodard and couldn’t be more pleased with its functionality and looks. I will never buy Klaussner again. They ignore customer service calls, refuse to honor warranties, and fail to keep in stock replacement parts for pieces that they no longer manufacture, but are still under warranty. What a horrible customer service model!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I purchased a leather sofa from Michael Anthony in Union NJ to replace my sofa lost after Hurricane Sandy. I had limited $ to spend so the price point seemed good. The salesperson spoke very highly of the company and product. It has been 5 years and all the "Bonded Leather" is peeling off! Granted it is 5 years but I have leather sofas that have lasted 20 with no issue. The store manager will do nothing to help as he stated it is beyond warranty. We all want to support American Made products but this as others have said is cheap trash.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Very disappointed that Klaussner has a leave-a-message recording and definitely does not respond within a calendar week. Markedly different from dealing with previous brand, which responded immediately to calls and replaced cores in leather furniture almost 15 years old. No complaints. Just a feeling of being deserted, and maybe, even with warranties, haven chosen badly in terms of quality. And, yes, as in other complaints left at this site, the expense was in the thousands and was paid in cash.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I purchased a Klaussner sectional at Furniture in Motion in Lawton Ok, after it was delivered I noticed the seam was coming apart on the console so I reached out to the store (I had purchased the 5 yr warranty). I was told to email pics of the damage which I did, never heard anything so went into store and was told Aaron no longer worked there. Ok no biggie, salesman told me no problem. It would be taken care of. Just found out (because I was doing a follow up to see where we were with this) that they have gone out of business.

I called Klaussner and they have no record of the part being defective and I was told by both salesmen at the store that it was made in the USA (part of the reason I purchased it) but have since found out by crawling under the recliner footrest that it was in actual fact made in China. I paid over 3k for this sofa. Right now it is in Klaussner's hands, the sofa is only 4 months old I will do a follow up review when all is resolved one way or another.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Klaussner Furniture - Raleigh NC - Poor quality, ordered 4/24 and first piece arrived 5/13 and it was damaged. It took over four weeks for the repair to be made. The second piece finally arrived today...almost 2 months and it was damaged as well. I am still waiting on the last piece. The communication from the store is poor and the quality is worse for the price. I purchased over 6,000 worth of furniture from them in one visit and I wish I could return it all. I can only imagine what this furniture will look like a year from now once I actually start sitting on it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Klaussner Furniture?

Original review: March 13, 2018

I purchased a sectional sofa made by Klaussner Furniture from HomeWorld in Kailua Kona, HI about 4 years ago. Just a couple months after I got the sofa it broke. The hinge on the chaise section broke and one day I just dropped to the floor while sitting on it. I had to prop it up with a block of wood. Then the section between the sofa and the chaise wore down to the metal. I am sitting on metal every time I get up. I had to shove a blanket in there. THEN... the seat cushions became disfigured.

They have "squares" of foam that are about 4 inches smaller than the seat so I have square lumps in each section of the sofa. I tried to return it but was told it only had a one year warranty. Since when is a sofa only supposed to last one year??!! I paid over $1000.00 for it so it wasn't cheap. I live alone and am very easy on furniture. My old sofa is about 15 years old and still in great shape (I keep it downstairs). I am so disappointed with HomeWorld. I won't shop there anymore and I will never, ever purchase anything made by Klaussner.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Bought my sofa not quite 3 years ago, but within the first month we noticed fraying of the chenille material. Cushions sagged in no time; finally within the first year the frame broke in the middle, rendering this sofa basically unusable. We tried to mend the break but it broke again right next to the original break. Paid almost $800 and undoubtedly the worst purchase in our family’s history. With 3 kids in college, you’d hope a major purchase would not be one you’d have to think about replacing practically immediately. In looking at reviews on this company, I see we aren’t alone! Have had excellent sofas in the past manufactured by well-known names (Simmons, Ashley...); will spend more in the future to guarantee that the product we purchase will last.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

We purchased a sectional made by Klaussner from Gavigan's in Maryland, when it arrived we were trying the recliners out and found that the inner 2 could not be opened at the same time. The footrest hit each other, and we were told it is designed that way. Neither the retailer nor Klaussner would make this junk right, except if we bought another piece. When we first complained the retailer sent a repair expert to assess the situation, his comment was “It never should have been sold in this configuration”. They sell junk and will not stand behind anything, this manufacturer has a rating just above junk for a reason.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Three months back I ordered a new sofa from Amish Furniture Gallery Naperville, this sofa is made by Klaussner. This sofa is tufted and two cushion sofa PENNINGTON, I see lot of threading visible and buttons pull off. Most of the areas I see this is very cheaply done and the stitch is very weak. I am sure in a year or 2 this sofa will worn out and I will be shopping again... I feel sorry myself spending $ 2000. I expected a good quality as it's being MADE IN USA... I can understand if it's made in China or somewhere overseas.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Purchased a sofa and loveseat from J M Beatty in Eau Claire, Pa, in December of 2014, no problem with furniture store, BUT a BIG problem with Klaussner product. Very poorly constructed, compressed particle board supports, does not hold form, has broken arms and side of sofa, and there is only my husband and myself using the furniture on a daily basis. Will never purchase this brand again, and will have all furniture turned upside down in future to check construction and material used. Is disgusting, since our previous furniture last at least 10 to 15 years with no problems. 3 years and it is already falling apart.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Bought a sectional from my furniture store. And when I went to sit on chaise. The bottom was too short. Didn't meet with the back cushion! Had to stuff 2 pillows in there so I wouldn't fall thru! Furniture talked to makers rep. And rep. Just blew it off! I CALLED the maker of sectional. And they said they uphold their quality of work. And would address this with my furniture place. All they did was tell them to talk to their rep. So furniture place came to get chaise to try to fix it themselves!!! So I can't use my whole Sectional! And staples are sticking up under material. Recliners are so cheaply made. No cushion for your feet! This sectional is a piece of crap!! Don't buy from this maker!!! I'm going to put the sectional on my sidewalk with a big sign that says... Bought this from Francis Furniture. Don't buy any furniture from Klaussner's!!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Purchased Klaussner Sinclair Sofa and chair. 2 issues w/ this. 1 seat cushions look like they are 10 years old. When they are under 2 years old Had sofa/chair cleaned by a professional cleaning company and parts of the fabric, between the 2 row of buttons is ruined. Cleaners said it is design, Jordan's insists it is the cleaners. I also purchased a 5 year warranty. And Jordan's won't even send someone out to take a look. What did I pay for. My recourse will be small claims. Do not buy this brand, it does not stand up to light use.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Bought a manual reclining couch and the left side arm is already broken and the upholstery is starting to come off. This couch is only 1.5 yrs old and the company only provides a one year warranty. First and only piece of Klaussner Furniture I will own. Very poor quality.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I'm writing a review in response to the comments made by Nick of San Diego on 9/25/16. I just received my leather sectional yesterday and I initially thought I had the same issue with pillows not lining up. Fortunately, I took the time to investigate prior to firing off a bad review. At first glance all of the cushions appeared to be the same size, but that is not the case. There is one larger seat cushion that goes in the center to line everything up properly. It turned out that the cushions were not installed in the correct locations and I'm sure Nick had the same issue.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I just wanted to let others know how disappointed I am with my furniture. My couch I purchased had a staple left in the cushion that created a hole in the fabric behind the bottom cushion. The technician that was sent removed the staple and said nobody would be able to see the hole. My recliner foot rest part all the stuffing bunched up at the bottom. We are still waiting for a repair a month later. He said he could repair it but it would just happen again because of how it's made. Very disappointed. Paid a lot of money thinking it weasel quality furniture.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I bought a Klaussner love seat. After only 3 years of use the cushion is shredding. Unfortunately the warranty was only for one year. As it turns out I can't even pay for a replacement cushion because Klaussner only used this fabric for one year because it found it not to be a big runner. I wonder why. I learned my lesson. I should have listened to the reviews. I will never purchase Klaussner again!!! The store I bought it from Tiffany Furniture is out of business.

Original review: April 18, 2017

Purchased a Swivel Rocker Recliner. The fabric on the leg rest is gathered in a wrinkled bunch. The recliner is off balance and dips an inch to the left. The recliner is extremely uncomfortable a/c of poor construction. The repair tech came and informed us that the chair was missing a piece of the frame; and he would order it. It would take 4-6 wks. The replacement piece would include the attached leg rest solving that unsightly defect.

The tech returned and advised the fabric was discontinued and he had 2 pieces of what appeared to be scrap plywood that he attached to the underside of the frame on the right and left sides under the seat cushion. The result is that sitting in the chair means you are sitting with your butt between 2 pieces of wood. Sitting on the chair with the wood on either side of your butt cheeks is a very similar experience to sitting on a toilet seat. In fact that analogy is perfect because this recliner belongs in the crapper.

Original review: March 2, 2017

Klaussner Furniture in Raleigh sold us a floor model table and we're supposed to get new chairs. Instead they delivered the floor model chairs which were nicked and bruised. Called the store and was promised new chairs. Never another word. Liars and cons.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2017

I am from MA. I purchased my couch from Jordan's Furniture in January of 2016. Thank goodness, I got it on clearance. Klaussner Ronaldo couch is made of particle board and shims. A support beam has cracked and another beam separated. It is put together with STAPLES! The couch is made of poor materials is so poorly constructed. I concur with Margot of Chicago, IL recent review. I know I will get nothing from Jordan's Furniture because it was on clearance and am sure Klaussner has nothing to offer. I want everyone to know this manufacturer is crap. I will be on every suppliers board I know to get the word out. We work too hard for our money to get crap merchandise. It seems to be the norm everywhere.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

We purchased our couch through another vendor. After 7 months the frame holding the legs cracked and broke. Turning over the couch resulted in our discovering that the couch is made of some wood, mostly particle board and shims. The couch is not only made of poor materials but is also poorly constructed. The supporting beam that cracked was particle board and had no support itself but some staples and thin nails. After complaining to Klaussner they followed up a week later with someone who said they couldn't do anything for me and I asked to not speak anymore. They decided the case was closed by sending me an email closing their case. That's it. They offered nothing and only asked me what I had done to resolve the situation. Of course we fixed it. We've been sitting on a couch with no legs for a month! Worst 2+ grand I have ever spent.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

I had to write this review. I purchased a "Made in America" reclining sofa and love seat in 2012. I ordered leather because friends said it was much more durable. When the furniture came it was beautiful. Now for the down side. Within a year, the material on the sides of the cushions, which is NOT leather, started cracking. It's ugly and uncomfortable. Within two years, the couch became uncomfortable because the seats where my husband and I normally sit have sagged terribly. I looked and there is very little support.

Now I find a mechanism for releasing the foot rest has broken. I took the one from the love seat to use until I can get a replacement. I noticed that when assembling the couch apparently the worker stripped the screws so he only put one in and what he did was go find a large bolt that would cut more into the plastic. This is poor QC. Additionally, I went to the Klaussner site to find out about getting a replacement. I had to submit a ticket online. We shall see how long it takes to get a response. I think next time I'll bypass this manufacturer. Although I want to support US laborers, I cannot afford to buy substandard products only to replace them within a few years.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

Noticed this review site and thought I would comment. I bought large Klaussner leather sofa and love seat about 6 months ago from Kittles. This was after much searching - leather not meant for a man cave is increasingly hard to find - but I prefer leather because of its durability. First, I found a set at Macy's (HTL china import) - lovely - but the fumes from leather were so beyond sickening that I lived completely upstairs until Macy's took them back - which they did and I greatly appreciate. I paid twice as much for made in USA Klaussner set at Kittles. The quality of leather seems fine. The lasting for 3 months bad smell was annoying, but not sickening. The base of the furniture seems fine but weirdly stiff. I agree that the quality control of the upper cushions is poor. There is a lack of uniformity in both cushion shape and fill; it looks like this portion of the build was handed off to random 8th graders. I compensate with distracting decorative pillows.

As much as I paid for these I was expecting more, but I console myself knowing there is just not much else available. (Further, I am a bit more annoyed that Kittles sold me a $500 protection warranty type thing, with the promise I could exchange it in 5 years for merchandise, if not needed. Now I see they are going out of business.) Anyway, I am not hugely disappointed with Klaussner, but I would not recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

Do not purchase any products from this company. The only good thing was the delivery drivers were Courteous and professional. Couch came in and it smells horrible for over a week. In the corner sectional part of the couch it doesn't even line up properly. I'm impressed on how bad they screwed up on the design. See pictures!!! Called customer service and women with a thick Carolina accent was terrible. This company is no good!!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

The first sofa I received was defective. There was a large flaw in the material of cushion and some staples were poking up on food rest. Finally was able to get Shuee's to replace it but I had to get same sofa. New one came. Still had defects. They reupholstered bad areas but it is not going to hold up. Very disappointed in Shuee's and Klaussner!

Original review: May 20, 2016

I purchased a sofa, love seat and chair from the "dump". The furniture was made by Klaussner. The problem I have is that this imitation leather is peeling. I must say the dump did offer me a gift certificate for about twenty percent of what I paid. I must be one of the few lucky customers that got something besides rejection and disappointment. Never again. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice (never again) shame on me!!!

Original review: April 19, 2016

I went to Johnson, a furniture store in Toronto, to buy a good sofa-bed and asked for a very good one. The salesman sold me one for $1,800 and today it was delivered. I am in total shock. It's absolutely terrible and, definitely the worst furniture I've ever seen in my whole life. It is ugly, has a terrible finishing and there is no support. The feet is plastic and the finishing is unacceptable. I took some pictures of the finishing but unfortunately I am not able to post it. If I had seen this furniture in the store I would not pay $100 for it. IT IS GARBAGE. I am so angry. I will try to return it tomorrow, because it is bad in all aspect. Unacceptable! Purchased sofa that was priced almost $1000.00. Absolutely terrible.

Original review: April 1, 2016

I purchased an oversized chair and loveseat. The furniture is still under warranty. The chair has two places, in seamed areas, where the material has pulled away (making a hole) or has thread which is unraveling. The retailer came out and took pictures of the defects nearly 3 weeks ago. I keep contacting the retailer and am told that Klaussner has not responded to their request to have the chair replaced. We have sat in this chair a total of less than 10 times since having it. The material is substandard and pulled like crazy. Very dissatisfied with the response I'm getting. This stuff is under warranty and should be replaced immediately. Will never purchased their furniture again. You get what you pay for, I guess. I just didn't think $600 for a chair was cheap!

Original review: March 20, 2016

This is by far the worst furniture I have ever purchased! NB Liebman will not do anything about it and said that the manufacturer considers the quality that I received as their normal! WOW. Is it normal for your cushion to begin to flatten after 4 months in a home where only 2 people live, who work full time... I weigh 115 lbs and work 50 hours a week, so my furniture get "sat" on very infrequently. How about the wood frame that you can feel with every part of your body... the arms, the foot extender...all hardly cushioned. And lastly the HOLE when you recline... my grandkids hide in there! This is their idea of quality. Never again will I ship NB Liebman. And never again a Klaussner!

Original review: March 15, 2016

I paid about $4000 for a sofa and two chairs down in leather. It's absolutely the worst furniture I've ever purchased. I've had it about a month. The foam cushions did not bounce back. There's barely any foam in them. No support at all. The people who actually sell furniture should know more about furniture! Like I say it's only a month old I can't sit on the couch because it hurts my back. There is absolutely no support. The chairs have already been sent to an upholstery person for more foam. If I could return this crap I would! I will never purchase Klausner furniture again!! It truly sucks! I am trying to get my order number and a copy of the receipt from Shuee's.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2016

Purchased sofa that was priced almost 1000.00. Absolutely terrible. Hardly ever used because I used a lazy boy chair mostly. I had that for probably 25 years and was great. It was actually a Stratolounger brand. Finally the leg rest broke and I started using my sofa to rest. It is so pathetic and no support at all. I bought at a BON-TON. I am not attempting to contact Klaussner because the sofa is like 7 years old, but based on the usage, it is horrible. I will never buy this brand again.

Klaussner Furniture Company Information