Shop Now

2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

3.8/5 (106 ratings)

About Casper Mattress

Casper has multiple mattress options, materials and sleep-inducing features. While Casper’s mattresses can be a little more expensive than other companies’ mattresses, most Casper customers report sleeping better, waking up more refreshed and feeling more productive during the day. Its website is easy to use, and its customer support team makes ordering a new mattress simple.

Pros

• Designed for comfort and support
  • Easy return policy
  • Free delivery

Cons

• Expensive

Bottom Line

Casper mattresses are designed for support and include comfort features like temperature regulation. Mattresses start out very firm and can take up to a month to break in. Customers enjoy a 100-night sleep trial.

Top Casper Mattress Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Very comfortable for both my wife and myself and we have different mattress tastes. Great price of around $1100 for a king. I had to return something and their return service was ...

Verified

The mattress is a little more firm than expected but still comfortable. The price exceeds the quality. We paid $1200 including a discount for mattress - no box spring. I think the...

Casper mattresses

What is a Casper mattress?

Casper is a mattress company that sells its products online and through retail partners. The company manufactures its mattresses with layers of latex and foam for balanced support and cooling, and it sells all-foam mattresses and hybrid mattresses that combine the comfort of foam with the flexibility of springs. All Casper models include a 100-night risk-free trial and a 10-year limited warranty.

Casper mattress prices

Casper mattresses cost between $356 and $1,116, depending on the version and size. Financing is available to qualified customers. For those approved for financing, monthly payments start between $32 and $62.

TwinFullQueenKing
The Essential$356$481$536$716
The Casper$506$846$931$1,101
The Wave$1,116$1,756$1,916$2,236

Casper mattress models

Casper's mattress models — The Essential, The Casper and The Wave — feature cooling technology to help regulate your temperature as you sleep. The Essential is best for those who want a low-cost option that gives softness and support, while The Wave is better for firmness and support.

• The Essential: The Essential was designed with stomach, back and side sleepers in mind. It keeps you cool while you sleep and is the most affordable option for those looking to make their first mattress upgrade. The streamlined design is 11 inches tall and offers maximum support with three levels of open-cell foam.
  • The Casper: The Casper mattress comes in all-foam or hybrid models. It features breathable open-cell foam, four layers of premium foam and zoned support for extra comfort under your shoulders and hips. This mattress is 12 inches in height.
  • The Wave: The Wave mattress combines superior support, cooling and comfort. The Wave generates maximum airflow to keep you cool while you sleep. It also has a soft top layer, gel pods that offer targeted support throughout and five layers of premium foam. This mattress is 13 inches in height.

Casper mattress FAQ

What kind of mattress is Casper?
Casper offers both all-foam and hybrid mattresses. All-foam mattresses contour to your body, while hybrids use springs and foam to add lift, support and airflow to the mattress.
How much do Casper mattresses cost?
Casper offers three different models, ranging from $356 to $2,236.
Where do I buy a Casper mattress?
Casper partners with retailers in more than 2,000 popular stores across the U.S., including Target and Home Outfitters. You can also purchase a Casper mattress online and have it delivered to your doorstep for free.
Where are Casper mattresses made?
Casper mattresses are made in the U.S.
Do Casper mattresses need a box spring?
Casper mattresses have the foundation you need built right in, so you don’t necessarily need a box spring. However, you may want to put the mattress on a box spring or platform so it is not directly on the floor.
How firm is a Casper mattress?
Each Casper mattress is designed with ultimate comfort in mind. The Wave is more firm under your hips and core, while The Essential offers consistent support throughout. A 100-night trial lets you test the firmness so you can find the mattress that works for your sleep style and body type.
What is the best Casper mattress?
The Casper is the most popular design, but The Wave and The Essential have benefits that make them perfect for different types of sleepers. Finding the best mattress depends on your sleep style, budget and the features that are most important to you.
What is Casper’s return policy?
Casper provides a no-obligation, 100-night free trial. To return your mattress for any reason, log into your account, print a shipping label, repackage your bed and ship it back at no cost.
Do Casper mattresses come with a warranty?
Yes, Casper mattresses come with a 10-year limited warranty.

Are Casper mattresses good?

Casper is one of the leaders in the mattress industry for a good reason. Not only does it offer comfortable, award-winning mattresses, but the company has also earned a reputation for having a friendly and knowledgeable customer service team. The streamlined design, dynamic comfort features and high-quality materials make Casper a strong option for anyone searching for a new mattress.

Casper Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Casper Mattress?

Original review: June 18, 2021

I heard such great things about Casper and decided to spend an extraordinary amount of money on a mattress for better quality and sleep. Was really excited to get it out of the box particularly since it advertised it was a foam/gel mattress that aligned with your body. I was so horribly wrong. I can't sleep on it - it's so stiff that I get up in the morning with BACK PAINS. When I called they won't take it back or offer anything to you until after you sleep on it for 30 days for your "body to get used to it". Um..no - I'm not going to get "used" to it. I can walk into a mattress store and try out a bed that is comfortable on day 1. NEVER EVER buy a mattress online. I wasn't even given any options on additional support or types of mattresses that would better suit my needs. Just nope - you're out of luck. Suck it up and call back in 30days. UGH! Never again.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 8, 2021

My problem is that the mattress keeps sliding around the foundation. Every time I get off the mattress I need to push it back into place. One time I was reaching for something on my nightstand & I almost fell off. Called Customer Service & the agent I spoke with told me that after conferring with his team, they didn't know what to tell me. Way to stand behind your product!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I purchased a WAVE mattress and Adjustable Pro Frame with white glove delivery. Secondary to Covid and need to distance, I did not look at the frame until after the delivery people left. Imagine my surprise that they assembled and left a frame with obviously torn fabric in multiple places on the side. I called Casper customer service and then received an email that they would arrange for a new frame to be delivered and assembled and the old defective one would be removed. Six days later two torn boxes with the new frame were delivered via UPS and laid across my garage floor. I called customer service only to be informed that they had NEVER reached out to the delivery service. I've made 2 subsequent calls without any communication back from Casper. The customer service is appalling.

I purchased the WAVE mattress because it was recommended for back support and to be used with the adjustable frame. I wanted to be able to sleep in zero gravity position to decrease my sciatic pain. Unfortunately, the WAVE mattress is too thick and it does not bend with the frame so there is no true zero gravity position with the combination of the WAVE mattress and adjustable pro frame. Overall, I am very disappointed with this very expensive mattress and frame combination. I still awaken with pain each morning. It is perhaps slightly decreased over the pain I experienced with my 30 year old mattress but that's hardly saying much!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I bought a queen Casper Mattress and everything was fine for the first 6 months until I found a family of mice living in it. I opened it up and took pictures and sent to Casper, their response was normal wear and tear and couldn't be mice, when I explained I could feel them under me, Casper said it was normal wear and tear and refused to send a new mattress...$1,700 down the drain. DO NOT BUY FROM CASPER.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

The service we received for their bed was pathetic for the price we paid. First of all we paid $140 to have our bed disassembled and removed. Guys brought “just” the frame and assembled it in our room. They disassembled our old bed but said they had not been instructed to remove it. So they left it. We contacted Casper and they were able to make an appoint with 1-800 junk to come take it away on Saturday. Our bed was installed Tuesday so we had to find somewhere to store the old bed until then. It gets better, apparently the installers only do the framing because there were no mattresses. Casper told us the mattresses were arriving later via UPS which meant we had to haul them upstairs to the frame. Mattresses are not light at all! If we were an older couple we would have been screwed. So at this moment we have received only one mattress from UPS and it is 6:30pm. Totally unsatisfactory service. We’re certainly not recommending this to anyone else.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

I liked my Casper mattress so I referred my daughter who had her mattress delivered to a different name and state. She received the 15% referral discount but I never received the $75 gift card. I followed up several times over 3 months. They finally said it was a “self referral”. They said I could return the mattress and reorder and should get the advertised referral savings. That sounds stupid to me and bad business for them.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I've had my Casper for a little under three years. At first it was very comfortable! But about 18 months in, the quality started to go downhill. My boyfriend is heavier than me, and every time he moves, my side of the bed moves too. The surface of the bed slants underneath me, with the side that is closer to my boyfriend lower than my other side. The mattress has deteriorated so badly that now it is even uncomfortable when I am alone in the bed. I wake up with back pain every morning.

I tried to take Casper up on their 10-year warranty, but they would not honor my claim. They will only replace your mattress if there is a permanent indentation or if the foam is cracked. Unfortunately, when I initially called in and asked about this policy, I was (incorrectly) told that I could be eligible for a replacement. I wasted time taking pictures, moving my bed around to get different shots that they wanted, and emailing back and forth -- only to be denied. What a waste of time. To sum it up, this is a low-quality product that does not last, and the "warranty" is not sincere. I spent over $1000 on a mattress that didn't even last me three years. I regret buying a Casper.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

Casper is a big FAIL and cannot deliver, literally. After laying out the facts of what occurred, readers can decide for themselves whether to engage with this company. After having done a lot of online research, on July 10, 2020 my husband and I visited a Casper store and within 50 minutes had bought and paid for 2 Hybrid Wave mattresses, an adjustable base, and 2 mattress pads, a substantial purchase. We were going to need in-home delivery and were told that the delivery company Casper works with, XPO, would not resume their in-home delivery service until August 1. We were fine with that.

On August 4, I connected back with Casper to find out what was happening. I was told that after August 10 XPO would re-start their in-home delivery and I should be hearing from XPO soon to set up a delivery date. Days past and I heard nothing from either Casper or XPO. There was a good deal of confusion at this point as to whether the mattresses had been shipped and where they were. The mattresses were then shipped the week of Aug. 17 and arrived at XPO on Monday morning, Aug. 24 (I know this because of UPS tracking). XPO already had the base in their warehouse. I then waited for a call from XPO to at least set up a delivery date. Having heard nothing from XPO by Aug. 27, I told our Casper salesperson that if we did not hear from XPO by Monday afternoon, Aug. 31, we were canceling our order, which is exactly what ended up happening.

During the better part of August, there many emails and phone calls between myself and our salesperson. She tried mightily to make this work and we appreciated all of her effort but we were becoming increasingly anxious about having paid for these items without having a clear idea of when we might be receiving them. She contacted her area manager and customer service but nothing seemed to make a difference. My salesperson told me someone from customer service would be contacting me but they never did. At the end, when I tried to contact a Casper customer service manager so I could relate all that had occurred, I was told I would be called back, but that never happened either. On the day I canceled my order, one of the store managers working that day agreed that I should cancel my order as there was no ETA on my delivery.

This experience caused a great deal of stress for us and much time was spent in just trying to get the product delivered which never came to fruition. I have never had a customer experience like this and am deeply disappointed in Casper and XPO. Casper has much corporate soul-searching to do if this is the company they have become.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

It good service for shipping or delivery mattress during covid situation and they do good quality mattress. I will said 4 star... they very good care of when they come your place delivery mattresses. Use mask and glove and cover shoe.. And very great customer service on phone. Will answer your question whatever on your mind and good warranty for mattress if damage.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Bed sinks to one side when shared. Thus I often feel as if I'm rolling towards the tip or sleeping lopsided. The bed does not fit well on a traditional box spring as it slides across. Packaging allowed ease of preparing. The staff was helpful upon initial purchase but have had no follow up from them to see how the bed is fairing. Overall it is much better than a traditional bed.

Casper Mattress Company Information