Casper Mattress

Need a good mattress?

Casper Mattress Reviews

Need a good mattress?

58 Casper Mattress Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 13, 2019

The mattress is a little more firm than expected but still comfortable. The price exceeds the quality. We paid $1200 including a discount for mattress - no box spring. I think the value should be around $800 at most. Delivery was to the door. The mattress is quite heavy and would require a strong person to drag it upstairs in its box.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have had my Casper Wave for a year now and it is fantastic. I am a hot bodied person, but I don't get hot at all on the Casper. I also like to sleep on my back and stomach, both positions are extremely comfortable. I love it.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Very comfortable for both my wife and myself and we have different mattress tastes. Great price of around $1100 for a king. I had to return something and their return service was exceptional! Easy to set up. I would definitely buy again!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I have had insomnia for DECADES. I just assumed it was job stress, etc. I do have RLS, a bad knee, bad hip and bad back. I have no idea why I never considered the fact that my mattress was partly to blame. I had looked at various mattresses and felt overwhelmed. Finally, I decided to just order the Casper. If it didn't work, I could always send it back. I SLEEP. I ACTUALLY SLEEP. I wake with little to no pain. I am shocked that a mattress has had this effect. I did have a Tempurpedic mattress topper on my old mattress. I thought that would be sufficient. I guess I was so wrong. I can't say enough about how well I sleep. Might I have gotten a good night's sleep with another mattress out there, maybe, but what I do know is that this has been fantastic. I should have done it ages ago.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I heard a lot of positive reviews on Casper mattresses. Ended up going to the Casper store in Bloomington MN. Was happy with the bed and the service so we purchased one. When it arrived and we set it up, it ended up being more firm than I remember. We gave it 2 more weeks and ended up returning it due to it being a little too firm for us (more me). Even though we returned it, I still give them 5 stars! Here’s why: it’s still a great mattress for someone who prefers a bit of a more firmer mattress. I just happen to prefer a softer mattress.

The service is remarkable. Ours was delivered within 3 days. No questions asked when requested to return. They thanked us for giving them a try. They come and pick it up. Totally painless return. And the fact that we seem to be the only people to not end up absolutely loving it, I’m thinking it’s us that has something wrong, not the mattress :-). Would recommend it to anyone. Nothing to lose since so easy to return. If they ever make a soft mattress, I’ll be the first in line to try it again! Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Casper Mattress?

Original review: May 17, 2019

We ordered mattress and per the website it was to be delivered within 7 days. We are now a month in with no delivery date in sight. Customer service, when they were responding, kept telling us “2 more days.” Now they just don’t respond.

Original review: May 12, 2019

We purchased a Casper Mattress from Costco 6 months ago. It was so hard that we purchased an Avocado Topper (around $500) to put on top of it. It helped but still did allow enough give for me to sleep on my side. The mattress pressed against my shoulder and hip causing my back to twist. I had back pain every day. The Casper seems to have a couple of inches of softer foam and then it is hard. The other thing is the smell of the off gassing. It smelled so strong that I rewashed all of my bedding, including mattress pad many times a week. It was a royal pain. After several months it was better, but even when we sent it back to Costco it still smelled. I wouldn't recommend this mattress. It may be cheap but is not worth it.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I have purchased a Essential foam mattress from Casper and it’s a complete ripoff. I have experienced extended sagging and they refused to honor the warranty. They suggested I go to Lowe's Home Improvement for plywood to put underneath the mattress. I told them I want a replacement or my money back to which he replied from quality control he wasn’t going to do either one. Mind you I’m still making monthly payments to Affirm and I have already reached out to them and have 5 to 7 business days to find out whether or not they will dispute the charges, never again will I do business with these crooks‼️

Original review: April 27, 2019

We purchased a Casper bed in 2016 and we were happy with it for the first three years, writing a positive review in the first weeks of our ownership. This “Bed in a Box” was a new trend and, even as approaching seniors, we were comfortably riding the wave. Then, as the fourth year approached (it has a 10 year warranty) the mattress became increasingly uncomfortable as the foam deteriorated causing two indentations/craters where we each slept and a rising peak in the center of the mattress. Because we weigh only 130 and 150 pounds, respectively, my husband of 38 years (who rarely complains about anything) found it increasingly difficult to get a decent night’s sleep and moved to the guest room!

I immediately reviewed my warranty, wrote to Casper documenting the obvious defect in this mattress, sent their required photos with detailed measurements exhibited with a measuring tape balanced on side supports, and diligently pursued email follow-up…. at last count, more than 30 emails of contact (with Caleigh, David and Ally, among others)! As delays occurred, not one response to my request for a phone consultation with a person in leadership and decision making was ever forthcoming!

Wow, so like the average person, I not only have a family and job, but I also have multiple other responsibilitlies making this type of intense follow-up not only difficult and incredibly frustrating, but downright disrespectful. So I wrote an honest, but measured, review to Casper directly detailing my experience and they promptly “buried it”, never posting it on their website. Indeed, as I did more research, I learned Casper had been embroiled in lengthy litagation over the past few years involving their “paying” (in various fashions) for only positive reviews of their product. Ahhh, the puzzle pieces then fell together.

While this company’s inception was novel and smart with excellent marketing, as the liabilities of its product surfaced, their Customer Service (when you want an ethical, respectful and honest response to calling them on their warranty) is absolutely TERRIBLE! There were multiple “team members” involved before our narrative and photo evidence would allow us to progress to their “Quality Assurance Team”…we were then met with multiple delays, lost photos, broken promises regarding communication timing, and odd periods of “dead time” where they were simply “off the radar” and not responding to our inquiries. I then wrote one very strong email challenging the transparency of their leadership and the policies and procedures that leadership enforces…and within days, a new mattress arrived on my doorstep… today.

So our take-away…this is a decent initial product, but with a “short shelf life” which will not give you the value you bargained for…you will likely need a new mattress half way through the supposed “life span” of the mattress and the “wear and tear” involved in standing up for your rights will nearly suck the life out of you. Do yourself a huge favor and look at other “Bed in the Box” options (there are over 100 companies now) that not only have superior technology to Casper, but also have rave reviews about their customer service…even when a customer has chosen to return a defective bed after the “trial period”. Casper needs to make significant remediations in their product and in their customer service to be worthy of your business. Meanwhile, I have found my way to independent, objective mattress sites which I plan to carefully and strategically use to research and buy my next mattress.

Original review: April 22, 2019

We tested the Casper mattresses at a store and went with the Wave though it was still too firm for me. I was trying to accommodate my husband. At first it was nice, it helped my shoulders and I can't feel my husband move around which is priceless. But right away, my husband started using multiple pillows to prop his legs and his back. He's trying very hard to believe it's not the mattress making him do this. Now that our 100 day trial is up, which they must know is the exact right time to end the trial before trouble sets in, I wake up with back pain every day that I didn't have before and it's miserable. It makes every day tough to get through. I didn't know it wasn't meant for tummy sleepers -- just saw that in another review. Great. This was a big investment and I swore up and down this would be our last mattress purchase for a while. Now I'm very concerned, and we're also hosed.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Very comfortable mattress. Sleep much better since I purchased it. In addition, people that sleep at my house find it comfortable as well. I would definitely purchase this mattress again. I highly recommend this product to people with back problems.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Hello, I wish to post this review to warn people of the serious back pains that can come months after purchase. I purchased the wave mattress. The product seemed fine for the first 3 months so I didn’t return the mattress in the 100 day trial period. However, I am now in my sixth month and I wake up every morning in pain. It’s difficult to get out of bed and I’ve never experienced this before in my life. Don’t buy this mattress.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Received our mattress November 2018. Seemed a little short on the length, but thought it would expand. December, I measured it. Yep. It's short! 2 1/2 inches in the length. I called Casper. They requested pictures of all measurements, which I sent that day. No word from them until late January when I called them. I had to resend pictures. No word from them until I called in February - by the way, waited on hold almost an hour. Well now it's March. I got an email saying that "yes, the WIDTH is short, but within the tolerance". The width is short by about an inch. NOTHING in the email about the length. Their customer service is one of the worst that I've ever dealt with.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Hello, I recently purchased a Casper mattress upon the recommendation of my daughter. It was delivered and set up because I paid a $150 delivery/set up fee. I am not at all happy with the mattress. I am having it returned a week later. There are no brick and mortar stores in my area in NW CT. The closest retailer is either NYC or Dedham MA. Hence, I purchased the mattress completely sight unseen, without a test trial. I have learned that the set up and delivery fee is non refundable. Nowhere in the ordering process was this highlighted, underscored or emphasized or stated to me.

I spoke with one of the Casper supervisors named Julia who was adamant and unyielding stating that 'It has been completed' and 'was a service rendered' and that she would 'funnel' this information over to her team to make ‘our language’ more ‘explicit.’ This is just ridiculous. They have all the ostensible bells and whistles of being a lovely company but when it comes right down to it, the customer service is as hard and unyielding and disappointing as is your firm 4 layer mattress. They have lost a customer as well as a source of a positive reference. I hope they enjoy my $150!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We live in Canada. My son recently bought a Casper mattress and sent me a referral discount that he got from Casper for $75.00. If I used this referral discount when buying another Casper mattress he would receive a $65 Amazon gift card. I tried to buy a Casper mattress using the link that they had sent him in an email, and it said that the discount would be applied at check-out. It was not, so I did not follow through on the purchase. Instead I emailed Casper support and explained the situation. They did not bother to read the email they had sent my son offering the referral that I had forwarded with my inquiry.

They responded that I could get 10% off as a referral discount (much better than the $75 offered through my son) and that he would get a $75 Amazon gift card. Great - until they found out I was a Canadian. Then it was back to, "Sorry, no $75 gift card - that's for U.S. customers only" - but they would still give me the 10% discount that they offer their U.S. customers. I don't like being treated like a second class citizen of the U.S. when I am a first class citizen of the great country of Canada. I bought a Canadian mattress online from a Canadian retailer called Endy. It was cheaper (even with the discount Casper offered) and gets better reviews.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Bought the Casper about 2.5 years ago, and it's been sagging for the last 8 months or so. I called to see what the company can do, and they won't replace it or give me a partial refund under the warranty. I've got a solid bed base underneath and only weigh 170 pounds, so I'm not sure what else to say besides the foam doesn't last.

The only way they'll replace your bed is if it sags an inch or more without any weight on it. I'm not sure I've ever seen a mattress that has sagged that bad that wasn't left out in the rain so if you're not happy with your bed, give it back before the trial period. Although mine stayed firm through the trial so I'd say maybe look elsewhere anyway.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We initially had a nice experience with the Casper salespeople at our mall (they have a storefront). We had some difficulty with the "white glove" delivery service - giving us a delivery date - I wait all day - no delivery. Was told the delivery was canceled and the mattress taken off the truck??? A couple of days later, it was finally delivered.

Thank goodness for the 100-night guarantee. After sleeping on it for almost 2 months, I wake up with numbness in my fingers that takes hours to dissipate. (I am a side sleeper.) However, I do give the company a thumbs up. They have arranged to have the mattress picked up and they did not give me an argument. The Wave was just too firm for me.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Very clever and convincing marketing, but the product does not live up to the hype. The pillow is too soft and my head sunk in all the way to the mattress first night. This is after allowing the pillow to loft up. I returned the Casper and bought a $10 Serta pillow from Walmart. That is infinitely more comfortable.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I purchased a Casper King Mattress about 1 1/2 years ago. It was wonderful at first. I loved sinking into the gel memory foam, it was like sleeping on a cloud. But gradually my hip and back began to ache. I wasn't sure at first if it was the bed or just my body aging. Funny thing was, when we traveled or went camping the pain went away. Back home on the Casper, the aching and pain came back.

My diagnosis was scoliosis, which I guess I always had, but the Casper (or any gel foam memory mattress) made it worse, not enough support for my body. My Orthopedic Dr. said she had not personally heard good things about the Memory Foam Mattresses from her patients, but that they are so new to the mass market it will take time to determine if they offer enough support for the body long term. As for me, going back to the tried and true, a firm coil mattress. Hopefully the pain will go away. Goodbye Casper, but I have to hand it to you, your marketing is great. I'd buy one if I didn't know better.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

My Casper story began over a month ago. I tried out the very expensive king-sized Wave mattress at a pop-up store, got home and ordered it online. Since we bought the Wave (and the foundation), it came with a white glove delivery service. We opted for this but the soonest Casper's 3rd party delivery co. could schedule it was for 3 weeks after I purchased the mattress/foundation. It was all good. We'd wait. Well, today was D day (delivery day). When you order this service, you are supposed to get a call or text the night before with a deliver time "window" - as well as a call 30 minutes before delivery. That call never came last night and never came today.

This morning, I went online to the dashboard and saw that the mattress would be delivered between 3-7 pm. By late morning, I checked again (again, no call or text) and the timeframe has been changed to 2-5. No worries - my husband and I was anticipating our new bed and stayed home all afternoon waiting. By 3:30, I called the delivery co. and they said the bed would be here by 4 pm. By 5 pm, no bed was here. I called back and was told my delivery was "canceled" and that a driver showed up and no one was home. That was a flat-out lie.

I called the Casper store and toll-free number. After several apologies no one could explain what happened or offer to get us a bed delivered. They instead offered to give my husband "gas money" for driving to the store and picking up the mattress and foundation (no option for removal of our other king bed and box spring.). We instead returned the bed that we never received - 3 weeks after plunking down $3,000 on my credit card. This is far and away the WORST customer service we have ever experienced. I would NEVER recommend this company or their beds. Shame on you Casper!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I have long passed the 100 days trial window and wish I hadn't. After the first few weeks, I already noticed the lack of firmness - as I am a belly sleeper and I require a firm bed so my back doesn't feel bent the next morning. Sure, it's not a bad mattress but it certainly IS NOT WORTH the heavy price tag. I would sink into the memory foam and feel my back bending inwardly throughout the night, so I would find myself tossing and turning. I'm only 5'4 and weigh 118lbs, so let's keep the weight out of the equation.

I think the makers at Casper need to clarify that this bed IS NOT recommended for back or belly sleepers. A mattress totaling $1000 is a very steep purchase and people ought to know BOTH SIDES behind the overly hyped Casper. Quite frankly, I was crazy ecstatic when I first got the package, although now I regret believing it was the best mattress on the market. So please people, if you plan to test it out for yourselves, and if by 80-some days you're still not satisfied, RETURN IT AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

We purchased a Casper mattress 3 years ago. The mattress was great for the first 6 months... And has gradually lost all support since then. Now, after 3 years, the mattress is basically unusable. My wife and I both have terrible lower back pain every night. I have tried working with Casper customer service, but they refuse to help. Terrible, dishonest company. Poor quality mattress. DO NOT BUY FROM CASPER!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I hate to say it but, I'm disappointed in my Casper Wave. I replaced a Stearns & Foster with the Casper due to the fact that the S&F was beginning to sag after 2 years of use. The Casper Wave was comfortable at first but after 6 months, I began to realize just how firm and uncomfortable it really was. I've had it for over a year now and it's like sleeping on the floor. I toss and turn throughout the night because my body starts aching from the stiffness. I go to bed 9 hours before needing to be awake knowing I won't sleep well and will need extra time in bed to compensate. I've spent nearly $2,500 on a mattress that is just worthless.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My chest skin burns and I have developed a cough, etc., all signs of Cor Pulmonale, which all which started after we purchased the mattress. Sleeping in the guest room makes a big difference, and why I am positive it is the mattress. In addition to other causes, this is believe to be why the mattress caused it: "...Conditions that decrease how much your chest expands, such as obesity or scoliosis..." This can be a fatal condition and must be noted and the public warned.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Wish I had read the review below before I made my purchase but sadly, I bought my mattress over a year ago (2017). I didn't want to keep the mattress after 30 days of sleeping on it but my wife seemed to enjoy it and she said let's give it a few more days... I relented and eventually, we kept it past the trial period. Now, we both hate it! Spent $1150 for a mattress that didn't last a year. Worst buy ever... Read the reviews on Amazon and other sites that sell them - horrible experiences... I think you are better off going the traditional in-store purchase route when it comes to mattresses. Posting this everywhere I can because I was up at 3:30 am because my mattress sucks! Now I spend most nights on the couch, just can't stand this mattress!!! Uncomfortable, hurts my back and smells...

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Casper Mattress is firm, very unsupportive, and we sleep terribly & wake up achy. I'm a side-sleeper and I don’t sink in enough and am not supported in any area. It feels like we're sleeping on a board. Unfortunately, by the time the bed became really uncomfortable, we were past the trial period & I don’t know that it would have qualified for a warranty claim. After four years of sleepless & painful nights on the Casper, we are replacing it. I can’t wait to get a good night's rest on a non-Casper Mattress!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I'm really disappointed in Casper Mattress. I paid to have them drop off my mattress on a designated day and to collect my old mattress. When they arrived they informed me they could drop off the new mattress but wouldn't be able to take my old mattress (leaving me with a large and cumbersome mattress in my small flat) and expecting me to wait in another day. They said they would come back 'later in the week at some point' so I refused to take the mattress. When I rang Casper they were really unhelpful and when I finally spoke to the manager he laughed and said it was 'a bummer' that I would have to take another day off of work to wait in. When I said I expected them to reimburse me for my extra time he questioned how often I have to work. If you value your time I wouldn't recommend.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Feels good on my back. I sleep well at night with how firm and comfortable. It is a mattress that everyone must have in their home. Get the best sleep with this mattress.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We ordered a king size mattress and waited for almost a month for it to deliver. When it delivered, it was a queen mattress. Not a king. We sent the mattress back with the drivers and they told us Casper will send us the correct size right away. I immediately called Casper after the drivers left to let them know and they said they will contact the shipping company to send the correct size. I took work off just to wait for the delivery too.

A week later, I called again to double check when the correct king mattress will deliver. The representative had NO notes in her system regarding a new mattress or the fact that we sent the wrong size back! There was NO follow up and NOTHING regarding the mistake! We asked for Casper to give us some sort of discount, but they only offered to deduct the $100 shipping cost out of our $2,300 purchase. Are you kidding me, that's it? We were so frustrated we canceled our order and wasted 2 months. We ordered a BEAR Hybrid mattress instead (that's a lot cheaper by the way) and love it! Their shipping was seamless and their customer service was great. Thanks for nothing Casper.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I've had my Casper King size mattress for 4 years now and it hasn't let us down yet! Customer service treats you like family and answer anything you care to ask them. Cannot beat the price nor the warranty.

Casper Mattress questions and answers

What problem is Casper trying to solve?
      Casper is reinventing sleep from the ground up. A vertically-integrated consumer experience, Casper designed its award-winning mattress, sells through its beautiful website, delivers in a small box straight to your door, and provides outstanding customer support every step of the way. Why is shopping for a mattress such an expensive, unsexy, and exhausting ordeal? You spend a third of your life in bed — Casper believes you should enjoy every second of it. Casper has struck a chord with consumers who are looking for an innovative product, disruption of an archaic industry, and the best night’s sleep of their lives.
      What sets Casper apart from the competition?
      Casper is changing consumer behavior by eliminating the middle man and shipping its critically acclaimed mattress straight to your door, at a third of the cost. To overcome the myth of the showroom, the bed comes with a 100-night home trial. If you don’t love the Casper, we will send someone to pick it up for donation and provide a full refund. Happily, nearly everyone loves their Casper!
      What needs does your product fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      Casper has reinvented the mattress buying experience by offering a direct-to-consumer, one-model-sleeps-all product. The Casper mattress is a singular design, universally comfortable, and engineered in-house by former IDEO designers to achieve the ideal point of form meeting function. The American-made, patent-pending sleep surface uses memory foam — so it sleeps cool, provides healthy bounce, and promotes ideal anatomic support.
      How does Casper measure success?
      At Casper we define success by creating an outrageously comfortable mattress, providing a memorable experience, and listening to feedback that allows us to learn and grow. Casper works hard to ensure we’re delivering brighter days, one good night’s sleep at a time.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
      Americans have been conditioned to falsely believe that a mattress must be bought in-person. Consumers are led around a crowded showroom by a commissioned salesman, forced to lie on beds for mere minutes, and upsold into a ridiculously marked-up purchase. How can you determine if a mattress will provide a great night’s sleep — and is truly comfortable — if you don’t bring it home and sleep on it first? You can’t, and that’s where Casper comes in.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      Casper has struck a chord with consumers who are expecting more and more from the retail experience. The mattress industry hasn’t changed or progressed in years. They never needed to — the big mattress companies take outrageous margins and are all in bed together. Casper is disrupting a tired industry from the bed up.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about Casper?
      Casper strives to provide the customer experience that you dream about. Between tweeting to consumers at 2am to calling UPS on their behalf to figure out shipment issues, Casper goes above and beyond the standard call of duty to ensure that every experience is a memorable one. Our team is a small, close knit, group who work alongside each other to ensure the Casper experience is a seamless one.
      Has your business received any awards or recognition?
      Crunchie Award Winner - Best E-Commerce, 2015
      Business Insider - 14 Startups You Should Watch, 2015
      Business Insider - 16 Hottest Startups, 2014
      Internet Retailer - Hot 100, 2014
      CNN - Spotlight on Innovation, 2014
      How has Casper grown or evolved?
      Casper generated $1 million in revenue in the first 28 days, and has grown month-over-month since our launch in April 2014. We launched international shipping to Canada in November 2014, and opened our second location in Los Angeles in February 2015. Casper was founded by five co-founders, but by early 2015, expanded its team to 40 — and we are still hiring!

Casper Mattress Company Information