Casper Mattress
Based on 36 reviews that contain star ratings

Need a good mattress?

Casper Mattress Reviews

36 Casper Mattress Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My chest skin burns and I have developed a cough, etc., all signs of Cor Pulmonale, which all which started after we purchased the mattress. Sleeping in the guest room makes a big difference, and why I am positive it is the mattress. In addition to other causes, this is believe to be why the mattress caused it: "...Conditions that decrease how much your chest expands, such as obesity or scoliosis..." This can be a fatal condition and must be noted and the public warned.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Wish I had read the review below before I made my purchase but sadly, I bought my mattress over a year ago (2017). I didn't want to keep the mattress after 30 days of sleeping on it but my wife seemed to enjoy it and she said let's give it a few more days... I relented and eventually, we kept it past the trial period. Now, we both hate it! Spent $1150 for a mattress that didn't last a year. Worst buy ever... Read the reviews on Amazon and other sites that sell them - horrible experiences... I think you are better off going the traditional in-store purchase route when it comes to mattresses. Posting this everywhere I can because I was up at 3:30 am because my mattress sucks! Now I spend most nights on the couch, just can't stand this mattress!!! Uncomfortable, hurts my back and smells...

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Casper Mattress is firm, very unsupportive, and we sleep terribly & wake up achy. I'm a side-sleeper and I don’t sink in enough and am not supported in any area. It feels like we're sleeping on a board. Unfortunately, by the time the bed became really uncomfortable, we were past the trial period & I don’t know that it would have qualified for a warranty claim. After four years of sleepless & painful nights on the Casper, we are replacing it. I can’t wait to get a good night's rest on a non-Casper Mattress!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I heard a lot of positive reviews on Casper mattresses. Ended up going to the Casper store in Bloomington MN. Was happy with the bed and the service so we purchased one. When it arrived and we set it up, it ended up being more firm than I remember. We gave it 2 more weeks and ended up returning it due to it being a little too firm for us (more me). Even though we returned it, I still give them 5 stars! Here’s why: it’s still a great mattress for someone who prefers a bit of a more firmer mattress. I just happen to prefer a softer mattress.

The service is remarkable. Ours was delivered within 3 days. No questions asked when requested to return. They thanked us for giving them a try. They come and pick it up. Totally painless return. And the fact that we seem to be the only people to not end up absolutely loving it, I’m thinking it’s us that has something wrong, not the mattress :-). Would recommend it to anyone. Nothing to lose since so easy to return. If they ever make a soft mattress, I’ll be the first in line to try it again! Thank you!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I'm really disappointed in Casper Mattress. I paid to have them drop off my mattress on a designated day and to collect my old mattress. When they arrived they informed me they could drop off the new mattress but wouldn't be able to take my old mattress (leaving me with a large and cumbersome mattress in my small flat) and expecting me to wait in another day. They said they would come back 'later in the week at some point' so I refused to take the mattress. When I rang Casper they were really unhelpful and when I finally spoke to the manager he laughed and said it was 'a bummer' that I would have to take another day off of work to wait in. When I said I expected them to reimburse me for my extra time he questioned how often I have to work. If you value your time I wouldn't recommend.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Casper Mattress?

Original review: June 2, 2018

Feels good on my back. I sleep well at night with how firm and comfortable. It is a mattress that everyone must have in their home. Get the best sleep with this mattress.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We ordered a king size mattress and waited for almost a month for it to deliver. When it delivered, it was a queen mattress. Not a king. We sent the mattress back with the drivers and they told us Casper will send us the correct size right away. I immediately called Casper after the drivers left to let them know and they said they will contact the shipping company to send the correct size. I took work off just to wait for the delivery too.

A week later, I called again to double check when the correct king mattress will deliver. The representative had NO notes in her system regarding a new mattress or the fact that we sent the wrong size back! There was NO follow up and NOTHING regarding the mistake! We asked for Casper to give us some sort of discount, but they only offered to deduct the $100 shipping cost out of our $2,300 purchase. Are you kidding me, that's it? We were so frustrated we canceled our order and wasted 2 months. We ordered a BEAR Hybrid mattress instead (that's a lot cheaper by the way) and love it! Their shipping was seamless and their customer service was great. Thanks for nothing Casper.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I've had my Casper King size mattress for 4 years now and it hasn't let us down yet! Customer service treats you like family and answer anything you care to ask them. Cannot beat the price nor the warranty.

Original review: May 30, 2018

The foam compressed where we slept and soon there was a big hump in the middle of the bed. It was too soft and did not hold its form. Casper offered a 100 money back but I did not use the mattress that much the first 4 months. Then it was too late.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Purchased a king size mattress from Casper around August 6, 2016. Slept on it during 90 trial period. This was the best sleeping mattress my wife and I have ever sleep on, and has been till recently. Both of us have been waking up with severe back pain. Contacted Casper. Was very helpful and nice but no help. Wanted me to send pictures of mattress without sheet which I did. Then asked me to send pics with a 15 pound weight on various places. I did know they want pictures of bed frame. The mattress is still firm in the middle and softer where we sleep. Don’t buy a $1000 mattress that only last a couple of years and especially if they are not willing to do something to make it correct. All I want is the mattress we started out on. Not this piece of junk it turned into. Getting ready to go out and spend another $1000 to get a mattress locally. What a shame and waste of money.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I am happy with the product and will continue referring friends and family. I have owned mine for 5 years and will buy a new one in two more years. When we purchased our mattress we decide the that we would buy our children one each also as they are due for new mattress.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I just purchased A Casper Mattress. It is the best thing I have ever done for myself! For the first time in over two years I got out of bed this morning with absolutely no back pain. I truly cannot get over this. I’ve had spinal shots medication everything you could think of, and the best thing I ever did was buy A Casper Mattress. If you have back problems and hip problems like I do please go out and get a Casper Mattress and I swear you will be the happiest person alive because back pain and hip pain is very hard to live with. Thank you to Casper Mattress. You’ve made one person here and I’m sure many, many others very happy.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I am very disappointed on how Casper has handled my order. I ordered 4 XL twin mattresses with the metal frames and foundations but instead received 2 XL mattresses and 2 queen mattresses with wrong foundations and metal frames. Casper customer service was notified and did not provide a resolution. Casper instructed me to repurchase mattresses online and to return all the wrong items.

I explained that I did not want spend another $3000 and possibly get another botched order. To further make matters worse, Casper could not find a contractor to pick up wrong mattresses and expected me to wait until who knows when! Which is frustrating because the refund won't be applied until after items are picked up. An exchange would have been acceptable but Casper instead directed me to purchase again! I was then told that the 100 day return trial would not apply to any new items I purchased per Casper's policy. I expected a simple exchange and ended up with a disaster! I'm still waiting to hear from Casper for my refund.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

The mattress is not built sturdy. I can feel it when my husband moves at all, even if he is just scratching his arm! It's hard to get a good night's sleep! Due to a surgery on my inner ear, I called 32 past the 100-night trial and I am SOL. The Casper rep told me they recommend their foundation so that would be another $300. She advised me to put a bunkie board (plywood like board) between my mattress and box spring and this would help temporarily. Now I'm back to my college years of sleeping on plywood! If a different foundation is required: Why is it not included? or, at the very least, Why are customers not advised of this issue before purchasing? I will try this but I am definitely not happy! What a waste of $1,200.00! I will NOT be recommending this mattress to anyone! ORDER #**. Placed 09/09/2017. SHIPPED Via UPS. The Casper. Size: King Quantity: 1. $1,150.00.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Last month, my mother needed a new mattress because she suffers from back pain. I purchased the Wave mattress and 2 pillows on 11/26/2017. On 11/28, XPO contacted me to schedule a delivery for Sunday 12/3 and it has been an ongoing nightmare. My delivery was rescheduled to 12/5, then 12/6, then 12/7, and then 12/8. They even sent an empty truck to my house on 12/6 saying they were there for a pickup and not a delivery. I wanted to handle and escalate the matter with XPO, but they've been unprofessional throughout the entire process. Their employees have hung up on me several times, screamed at me, and even complained how they have to work overtime during the holidays.

On 12/7, I decided to reach out to Casper's social media team but they deleted my comment as well as another customer complaint. I received a DM asking me how Casper can help and that was it. There was no response to my answer, no follow up, and that was the end of it. I finally decided to call Casper and have my issue escalated with a manager. Casper ended up sending me a replacement on 12/08 via UPS overnight because XPO probably lost my order. I finally received the mattress on 12/12, but UPS doesn't provide white glove service and now the Wave mattress is still in the box untouched. On Friday, December 15th, I saw another customer having the same delivery issue as me and I responded to him. Casper's social media team deleted both of our comments on Sunday 12/17 with no outreach.

I am still not done with whole situation, they have been calling me almost every day to schedule a non-existent Casper delivery. I've told them several times that Casper contacted them to cancel my order but I guess not. They also provided me with a complimentary pick up for all the inconvenience they've cause but, of course, it was rescheduled and will probably never happen. My whole entire journey with Casper has been a true nightmare. I understand this entire situation was mostly XPO's fault, but this a company that Casper chose to work with to deliver their products. I was so excited for my mother to try out their mattress and pillows. I also wanted to purchase another two if she liked it. I hope Casper's improves their service and customer experience. They have great products and I truly hope the customer experience will match it one day.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Very Unsatisfied with delivery service, heard 3 different delivery days for delivery, and nothing yet, no one will return calls, just full of excuses. WILL NOT RECOMMEND TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS!!!

Original review: May 30, 2017

I received some recommendations from friends and family as to Casper Mattress’ quality. I then looked for more information online and more reviews and was further convinced by professional reviews. I like the fact that Casper mattresses are affordable and that they fit my bed perfectly compared to other brand I use. They seem to reflect the perfect reviews I noticed. I feel as if there is not much to improve as they seem to take a lot of care in making it a perfect project the first time with no real issues.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I liked Casper Mattress' reputation and I've seen celebrities endorse their bedding and mattresses. I'm always willing to try a new product out and see how it works for me. It is extremely soft and comfortable to sleep on. I like the texture and feel. I also like the plushness of the sheets and bedding. However, I would like to see the bedding come in more color palettes. Right now they are limited to only a few select colors. They could improve their business if they worked on this.

Original review: May 21, 2017

The Casper Mattress are good, and nice. It is very comfortable to sleep; warm and cozy during the day and night as always. It is doing the job that I want for my bed whenever I want to lay on it. It is perfect than any other brands if it is doing the jobs for customers. But this bedding are not be torn when sleep for many years and always maintain in a good condition.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I choose this brand over other brands for a few reasons. They were highly recommended to me by a friend that uses them, I read reviews on these sheets and for the most part they were extremely positive and gave a lot of feedback on their quality, so I decided to give them a try. I like that these sheets are made from 100 percent California cotton which is very comfortable. They are very high quality with a 200 thread count. The pillow cases have a envelope feature which keeps the pillow inside the pillow case which I like very much. They are also easy to wash and look very nice. When examining the sheets, I found about 5 loose threads which would usually be a bug concern. I would just remove them easily and carefully, however when pulling on them slightly, they caused a snag in the sheet. So this is something they will need to eliminate or improve upon. Otherwise very nice sheets.

Original review: May 15, 2017

The sheets are made of cotton and are made of high quality materials. The sheets themselves are soft, comfortable and breathable, very durable and strong. I like the fact that the sheets are made from 100 percent cotton and the sheets are great.

Original review: May 14, 2017

The sheets are one hundred times better than the cheap, off-brand sheets I was previously purchasing. They are much softer and consistently feel cool to the touch on my skin. The softness does not diminish after washing and hold up much better to wear and tear. They fit my mattress very nicely and have a great color to them. Still, Casper could make more color selections for the sheets that are available and also make the option to have no top sheet included, as I do not use one.

Original review: May 13, 2017

My brother-in-law owns a Casper Mattress and he told us that they were wonderful and comfy. He has severe back problems, so he has tried many options in the past. Getting our Casper is one of the best decisions that my wife and I have made since getting married. While I would say that the price needs to be reduced, it is still a wonderful and comfy mattress that we have enjoyed so far.

Original review: May 12, 2017

I used to have sheets from Crate and Barrel. Casper Mattress' are much better and are softer. They feel really nice and are organic cotton! This is a plus in my book. However, these sheets could be a little easier to wash. I sometimes have problems with them in the dryer. But this could be fixed. I highly recommend them over other brands.

Original review: May 11, 2017

I chose this brand because it is of high quality, soft and comfy. The quality and details of Casper sheets help to make the bed easily. And they fit well and never come undone. Its softness is great for your skin. And it helps me to relax and have a great night of sleep. They are more appealing than the other brands as they are cool, innovative and comfortable. However, it might help if we could have different colors.

Original review: May 10, 2017

This brand's reputation seems to be very high. I heard a lot of advertising for this brand and it made me curious and want to check it out. I like good quality thread count sheets. The Casper Mattress feels really good and helps me sleep better. I really appreciate it.

Original review: May 7, 2017

Perfect for sleeping and customized to fit what I need. Free trials and returns. The sheets are tested and provide a great atmosphere to go to sleep. However, lower the price. The quality is amazing but sometimes I buy other sheets because of the cost. Maybe have coupons and giving points for buying Casper and adding up rewards. This brand is better on the whole. The quality and feel of the bedding is the best. There are many choices and the website is easy to use. I think it is an excellent brand.

Original review: May 6, 2017

Casper is a good name for sheets with a high thread count. I have tried other brand names for bed linen and found none really compare to Casper. I prefer Casper because it's been in my family for a good number of years and I remember having those sheets when I was a kid! When I think sheets, I think them. However, the price is a little high compared to similar designs and qualities provided by their competition. But Casper has good quality for the money.

Original review: May 5, 2017

The Casper Mattress is very soft, comfortable, good looking, durable and easy to wash. It has eye catching colors, competitive price and above all, easily available and long lasting. But there should be more options, lower prices and more choice of colors and texture.

Original review: May 4, 2017

It's a king bed and it covered by beautiful Casper sheets. The Casper sheets are very comfortable and enjoyable. I sleep in them almost every night. I really love the texture and the material. Very durable and great. It's very soft and light. It doesn't lay heavily on your body and when you're tossing and turning it stays on your body still. This is higher in quality way better compared to other brands. But the sheets make you very warm sometimes, if you sleep all night with them you will wake up sweating mostly because of the material that it's made out of. So that means that I have to have the AC on all night when I cover in it. But overall it's a great sheet and I would love to buy more of it since I have one right now.

Casper Mattress questions and answers

What problem is Casper trying to solve?
    Casper is reinventing sleep from the ground up. A vertically-integrated consumer experience, Casper designed its award-winning mattress, sells through its beautiful website, delivers in a small box straight to your door, and provides outstanding customer support every step of the way. Why is shopping for a mattress such an expensive, unsexy, and exhausting ordeal? You spend a third of your life in bed — Casper believes you should enjoy every second of it. Casper has struck a chord with consumers who are looking for an innovative product, disruption of an archaic industry, and the best night’s sleep of their lives.
    What sets Casper apart from the competition?
    Casper is changing consumer behavior by eliminating the middle man and shipping its critically acclaimed mattress straight to your door, at a third of the cost. To overcome the myth of the showroom, the bed comes with a 100-night home trial. If you don’t love the Casper, we will send someone to pick it up for donation and provide a full refund. Happily, nearly everyone loves their Casper!
    What needs does your product fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    Casper has reinvented the mattress buying experience by offering a direct-to-consumer, one-model-sleeps-all product. The Casper mattress is a singular design, universally comfortable, and engineered in-house by former IDEO designers to achieve the ideal point of form meeting function. The American-made, patent-pending sleep surface uses memory foam — so it sleeps cool, provides healthy bounce, and promotes ideal anatomic support.
    How does Casper measure success?
    At Casper we define success by creating an outrageously comfortable mattress, providing a memorable experience, and listening to feedback that allows us to learn and grow. Casper works hard to ensure we’re delivering brighter days, one good night’s sleep at a time.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
    Americans have been conditioned to falsely believe that a mattress must be bought in-person. Consumers are led around a crowded showroom by a commissioned salesman, forced to lie on beds for mere minutes, and upsold into a ridiculously marked-up purchase. How can you determine if a mattress will provide a great night’s sleep — and is truly comfortable — if you don’t bring it home and sleep on it first? You can’t, and that’s where Casper comes in.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    Casper has struck a chord with consumers who are expecting more and more from the retail experience. The mattress industry hasn’t changed or progressed in years. They never needed to — the big mattress companies take outrageous margins and are all in bed together. Casper is disrupting a tired industry from the bed up.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Casper?
    Casper strives to provide the customer experience that you dream about. Between tweeting to consumers at 2am to calling UPS on their behalf to figure out shipment issues, Casper goes above and beyond the standard call of duty to ensure that every experience is a memorable one. Our team is a small, close knit, group who work alongside each other to ensure the Casper experience is a seamless one.
    Has your business received any awards or recognition?
    Crunchie Award Winner - Best E-Commerce, 2015
    Business Insider - 14 Startups You Should Watch, 2015
    Business Insider - 16 Hottest Startups, 2014
    Internet Retailer - Hot 100, 2014
    CNN - Spotlight on Innovation, 2014
    How has Casper grown or evolved?
    Casper generated $1 million in revenue in the first 28 days, and has grown month-over-month since our launch in April 2014. We launched international shipping to Canada in November 2014, and opened our second location in Los Angeles in February 2015. Casper was founded by five co-founders, but by early 2015, expanded its team to 40 — and we are still hiring!

Casper Mattress Company Information