Casper Mattress

14people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with Casper Mattress:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Reviews & Complaints

A great company that cares about its customers. Very lovely people and has a very nice system of leaders. It cares about its customers and are very nice. Like others, I was reluctant to buy a bed online. Also, I had never had a memory foam bed. Casper has been heavily promoting their beds in San Francisco, and it must be effective because I started researching Casper beds which introduced me to the concept of buying a bed online, having it delivered in a relatively small box and letting it expand upon opening. What an amazing bed! The first surprise was how small the box was when it arrived. The second surprise was how quickly it expanded upon opening - within about 20 minutes it became a full size bed with a beautiful zippered cover. There was virtually no smell and now (the next day) no smell at all.

What really surprised me was the quality of the bed. Obviously quality materials and workmanship - and the cover even has a stylish design and sturdy zipper mechanism underneath for removal and cleaning. This has only been day 2 since I've slept on this mattress. I bought this one (full size) going off the review for the queen / twin sized one that had a brown and white cover. It doesn't have the same comfort layer (the top most layer) which is the 3" gel-plus layer like the other one but rather a 1.5" air infused layer with a 2" gel-max layer.

Quick and painless delivery option. The people who delivered the mattress were great and very understanding. Cannot wait to use them again. Great. Hassle free warranty with nothing hidden to surprise you if you have to use the warranty. Was explained to me perfectly at the time of buying the mattress. The associates who assisted me in this purchase were very helpful and answered my questions honestly and clearly so that I could understand. The value of the mattress I purchased was very affordable and very competitive with other brands which means I didn't have to shop around to find out how great of a deal I got.

The delivery service was great. They give you a specific date and time that you will be available and it was honored accordingly. Very effective and efficient. The warranty was quite reasonable as you are given enough time to test out the product to your satisfaction. I think the warranty is very adequate. The customer service was very good and appreciative. They ensure that most if not all your needs are met and they are very knowledgeable about the product to offer good advice. The value was affordable. You get what you pay for and you also get the option to choose how you are able to pay based on your financial situation.

I ordered and it said it would take a week or so I waited but really took 3 days and when I got it, they set it up for me and they had me sign for me. The warranty they gave me is suppose to last 4 years and if I were to mess up the mattress I was able to replace it for free only if the warranty is still on. They were really sweet and generous. They offered me deals and help me find my ideal mattress that I was looking for. After I found the mattress that I wanted they offered me a warranty. The mattress was very high quality and was for a cheap price and I was surprised by it because it was really amazing and looked like it would be worth tons of money.

It comes very early. They deliver it with very carefully. It comes safe and sound. And I love the packaging how safely they packed it. So, I really want to order some more mattress from the same company. It really is very good and perfect for me. I am rather disappointed with warranty point of view. It's not very long warranty time and also have to pay cost which is quite costly. I am very happy with customer service. They were really cooperative and listen to us very carefully. They are friendly and give full time to customer. It's really high quality. I have already recommended to my other family members and want to recommend my friends also. My family members love the mattress and the softness of this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Casper Mattress?

After a lot of research and visiting several mattress stores (which is worse than used car shopping) we decided to purchase a Casper mattress online.

I was pretty skeptical, but we decided to risk it, because their website sold us on the idea of their mattress. It showed up in box about 5 days after we ordered. The unboxing was cool, very similar to when you buy an Apple product, cool packaging and instructions.

We have had the mattress for 30 days and love it, it is just the right amount of firmness, not to soft and not a brick. And for the price we could buy 3 or 4 of these compared to the one tempur-pedic we almost bought. Glad we took the risk and would recommend this mattress and company.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a mattress expert, Casper Mattress is dedicated to providing a good night's sleep to as many people as possible.

• Dual materials: Made from latex and memory foam, Casper mattresses offer all the comforts of memory foam with the bounce and spring of latex, so enjoy comfortable alignment without the sinking sensation.
  • Sleep cool: The 1.5" latex foam topper improves airflow to keep the mattress cool all night.
  • Extended trial time: It can be difficult to determine how comfortable a mattress is during a small window of time, so Casper Mattress offers a 100-day trial period.
  • In-house financing: Casper Mattress offers in-house financing to help bring comfortable nights to everyone.
  • Free shipping: Even when picking up in-store, many companies charge a shipping or delivery charge. Casper Mattress not only delivers for free, they deliver quickly. Nationwide delivery takes only five days.

Question and Answers - Casper Mattress

What problem is Casper trying to solve?

Casper is reinventing sleep from the ground up. A vertically-integrated consumer experience, Casper designed its award-winning mattress, sells through its beautiful website, delivers in a small box straight to your door, and provides outstanding customer support every step of the way. Why is shopping for a mattress such an expensive, unsexy, and exhausting ordeal? You spend a third of your life in bed — Casper believes you should enjoy every second of it. Casper has struck a chord with consumers who are looking for an innovative product, disruption of an archaic industry, and the best night’s sleep of their lives.

What sets Casper apart from the competition?

Casper is changing consumer behavior by eliminating the middle man and shipping its critically acclaimed mattress straight to your door, at a third of the cost. To overcome the myth of the showroom, the bed comes with a 100-night home trial. If you don’t love the Casper, we will send someone to pick it up for donation and provide a full refund. Happily, nearly everyone loves their Casper!

What needs does your product fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

Casper has reinvented the mattress buying experience by offering a direct-to-consumer, one-model-sleeps-all product. The Casper mattress is a singular design, universally comfortable, and engineered in-house by former IDEO designers to achieve the ideal point of form meeting function. The American-made, patent-pending sleep surface unites memory and latex foams — so it sleeps cool, provides healthy bounce, and promotes ideal anatomic support.

How does Casper measure success?

At Casper we define success by creating an outrageously comfortable mattress, providing a memorable experience, and listening to feedback that allows us to learn and grow. Casper works hard to ensure we’re delivering brighter days, one good night’s sleep at a time.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

Americans have been conditioned to falsely believe that a mattress must be bought in-person. Consumers are led around a crowded showroom by a commissioned salesman, forced to lie on beds for mere minutes, and upsold into a ridiculously marked-up purchase. How can you determine if a mattress will provide a great night’s sleep — and is truly comfortable — if you don’t bring it home and sleep on it first? You can’t, and that’s where Casper comes in.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

Casper has struck a chord with consumers who are expecting more and more from the retail experience. The mattress industry hasn’t changed or progressed in years. They never needed to — the big mattress companies take outrageous margins and are all in bed together. Casper is disrupting a tired industry from the bed up.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about Casper?

Casper strives to provide the customer experience that you dream about. Between tweeting to consumers at 2am to calling UPS on their behalf to figure out shipment issues, Casper goes above and beyond the standard call of duty to ensure that every experience is a memorable one. Our team is a small, close knit, group who work alongside each other to ensure the Casper experience is a seamless one.

Has your business received any awards or recognition?

Crunchie Award Winner - Best E-Commerce, 2015
Business Insider - 14 Startups You Should Watch, 2015
Business Insider - 16 Hottest Startups, 2014
Internet Retailer - Hot 100, 2014
CNN - Spotlight on Innovation, 2014

How has Casper grown or evolved?

Casper generated $1 million in revenue in the first 28 days, and has grown month-over-month since our launch in April 2014. We launched international shipping to Canada in November 2014, and opened our second location in Los Angeles in February 2015. Casper was founded by five co-founders, but by early 2015, expanded its team to 40 — and we are still hiring!

Casper Mattress Profile