Casper Mattress

Casper Mattress Reviews

Need a good mattress?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Casper Mattress Reviews

Original review: April 16, 2019

Very comfortable mattress. Sleep much better since I purchased it. In addition, people that sleep at my house find it comfortable as well. I would definitely purchase this mattress again. I highly recommend this product to people with back problems.

Original review: April 13, 2019

The mattress is a little more firm than expected but still comfortable. The price exceeds the quality. We paid $1200 including a discount for mattress - no box spring. I think the value should be around $800 at most. Delivery was to the door. The mattress is quite heavy and would require a strong person to drag it upstairs in its box.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: April 12, 2019

I have had my Casper Wave for a year now and it is fantastic. I am a hot bodied person, but I don't get hot at all on the Casper. I also like to sleep on my back and stomach, both positions are extremely comfortable. I love it.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Very comfortable for both my wife and myself and we have different mattress tastes. Great price of around $1100 for a king. I had to return something and their return service was exceptional! Easy to set up. I would definitely buy again!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

We spent over $2300 on a Casper Cal King mattress, sheets and covers. Casper delivered the wrong mattress and now they are dodging us - won't respond to emails - won't respond to phone calls. What on earth are we supposed to do?! File a police report?! Casper is a scam. Once they get your money you are on your own. 3 weeks after purchasing and I still don't have the mattress I ordered and paid for or the duvet cover I ordered and paid for. There should be a class action lawsuit against this company. This is honestly outrageous.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Casper Mattress?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

We got this bed about 2 days ago and were pretty excited about it. It came pretty fast and that was about the only good thing about it. We tried to assemble the bed and one of the screws would just not fit correctly. No matter what we did it just would not fit. We solved this problem. Next, we setup up the electronics and everything was great. The mattress was awesome. Everything worked great for about 10 minutes. The power supply short circuited and the bed was basically dead. At the time, we thought maybe our powerstrip was defective so we put some batteries in the power supply and still a no go. Later on, we noticed a burning smell and realized the battery was heating up in the power supply. If we didn't catch this, there could have been a fire. So we called Casper to get a replacement and oh boy did they give us the runaround.

They told us if we wanted a replacement we would have to have someone come to our house to inspect the bed before they could send a replacement. So basically we would have to wait over 2 weeks or more just to get a replacement adjustable pro when it wasn't even our fault that this happened. This is disappointing. I expected better customer service and better craftsmanship from a respected company. I expected them to understand enough to send a replacement and then take the defective frame away to figure out what was wrong with it. This was what I expected and I did and it was a reasonable expectation. The mattress itself is pretty amazing but the customer service and the adjustable pro was well below par. I would not recommend the adjustable pro from my experience and I despise their customer service.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

I paid $1,000 for the best mattress, and it was great for about 100 days. Now, after hardly using it, the center sinks & causes back pain, and I'm left sleeping on either side of the bed because the sides don't sink. The mattress is great while it lasts, but, I feel like I've paid $1,000+ for something which will be _complete trash_ in another 200-100 days sleeping on each side of the mattress, before the entire Casper mattress becomes soft.

I'm a 6'1" 220lb male, 15% BMI. Not some 500 lb diabetic whose weight might ruin a mattress. Good Lord it was comfortable while it lasted, but Casper refuses to replace it - and why should they if I'll need a new mattress every 100 nights. Maybe it's defective, maybe it's not. What I do know, is I'll never buy a Casper again, and will never recommend one.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I bought a The Casper Mattress after reading good reviews saying this mattress is good for back sleepers and doesn't trap heat (two major concern that I had). At the end of the 110 days trial I noticed the mattress was softer than expected, but I thought it would stay like that. It was a big mistake not returning it! It's not five months yet, and it is so soft that I sink on it, no support for my back. I wake up with back pain everyday. And the open cell foam that the company says is used to let excess hot air escape, doesn't exist on mine- it's hot! I contacted the company to let them know, maybe the one I got is defective and the warranty could cover it. Not the case. If you are buying The Casper Mattress be careful, there is too much propaganda. Lots of people having the same problem.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

When I felt the mattress at the store for some reason it felt incredibly comfortable. Once delivered it was hard but I thought maybe it needed to be broken in. Unfortunately I have had it for a while ago and it's just as horribly uncomfortable and I have constant neck pain that I never had until this mattress. I have bought mattress pads and I am still in pain every single day from my shoulder being pushed into my body every night. I can't wait for the day that I can get a new (real) mattress! It's just a fancy marketing scheme. Save your money!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

If you try to return a Casper product they lie and give you the run around for 4 or 5 times not letting the actual return happen, so you are not able to get your money back. I wasted hours on the phone.

Casper Mattress questions and answers

What problem is Casper trying to solve?
      Casper is reinventing sleep from the ground up. A vertically-integrated consumer experience, Casper designed its award-winning mattress, sells through its beautiful website, delivers in a small box straight to your door, and provides outstanding customer support every step of the way. Why is shopping for a mattress such an expensive, unsexy, and exhausting ordeal? You spend a third of your life in bed — Casper believes you should enjoy every second of it. Casper has struck a chord with consumers who are looking for an innovative product, disruption of an archaic industry, and the best night’s sleep of their lives.
      What sets Casper apart from the competition?
      Casper is changing consumer behavior by eliminating the middle man and shipping its critically acclaimed mattress straight to your door, at a third of the cost. To overcome the myth of the showroom, the bed comes with a 100-night home trial. If you don’t love the Casper, we will send someone to pick it up for donation and provide a full refund. Happily, nearly everyone loves their Casper!
      What needs does your product fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      Casper has reinvented the mattress buying experience by offering a direct-to-consumer, one-model-sleeps-all product. The Casper mattress is a singular design, universally comfortable, and engineered in-house by former IDEO designers to achieve the ideal point of form meeting function. The American-made, patent-pending sleep surface uses memory foam — so it sleeps cool, provides healthy bounce, and promotes ideal anatomic support.
      How does Casper measure success?
      At Casper we define success by creating an outrageously comfortable mattress, providing a memorable experience, and listening to feedback that allows us to learn and grow. Casper works hard to ensure we’re delivering brighter days, one good night’s sleep at a time.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
      Americans have been conditioned to falsely believe that a mattress must be bought in-person. Consumers are led around a crowded showroom by a commissioned salesman, forced to lie on beds for mere minutes, and upsold into a ridiculously marked-up purchase. How can you determine if a mattress will provide a great night’s sleep — and is truly comfortable — if you don’t bring it home and sleep on it first? You can’t, and that’s where Casper comes in.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      Casper has struck a chord with consumers who are expecting more and more from the retail experience. The mattress industry hasn’t changed or progressed in years. They never needed to — the big mattress companies take outrageous margins and are all in bed together. Casper is disrupting a tired industry from the bed up.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about Casper?
      Casper strives to provide the customer experience that you dream about. Between tweeting to consumers at 2am to calling UPS on their behalf to figure out shipment issues, Casper goes above and beyond the standard call of duty to ensure that every experience is a memorable one. Our team is a small, close knit, group who work alongside each other to ensure the Casper experience is a seamless one.
      Has your business received any awards or recognition?
      Crunchie Award Winner - Best E-Commerce, 2015
      Business Insider - 14 Startups You Should Watch, 2015
      Business Insider - 16 Hottest Startups, 2014
      Internet Retailer - Hot 100, 2014
      CNN - Spotlight on Innovation, 2014
      How has Casper grown or evolved?
      Casper generated $1 million in revenue in the first 28 days, and has grown month-over-month since our launch in April 2014. We launched international shipping to Canada in November 2014, and opened our second location in Los Angeles in February 2015. Casper was founded by five co-founders, but by early 2015, expanded its team to 40 — and we are still hiring!

Casper Mattress Company Information