2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.10/5

Casper has multiple mattress options, materials and sleep-inducing features. While Casper’s mattresses can be a little more expensive than other companies’ mattresses, most Casper customers report sleeping better, waking up more refreshed and feeling more productive during the day. Its website is easy to use, and its customer support team makes ordering a new mattress simple.

BOTTOM LINE

Casper mattresses are designed for support and include comfort features like temperature regulation. Mattresses start out very firm and can take up to a month to break in. Customers enjoy a 100-night sleep trial.

PROS

• Designed for comfort and support
  • Easy return policy
  • Free delivery

CONS

• Expensive

Top Casper Mattress Reviews We Found

Very comfortable for both my wife and myself and we have different mattress tastes. Great price of around $1100 for a king. I had to return something and their return service was exceptional! ... I would definitely buy again!

The mattress is a little more firm than expected but still comfortable. The price exceeds the quality. We paid $1200 including a discount for mattress - no box spring. I think the value should be around $800 at most.

What is a Casper mattress?

Casper is a mattress company that sells its products online and through retail partners. The company manufactures its mattresses with layers of latex and foam for balanced support and cooling, and it sells all-foam mattresses and hybrid mattresses that combine the comfort of foam with the flexibility of springs. All Casper models include a 100-night risk-free trial and a 10-year limited warranty.

Casper mattress prices

Casper mattresses cost between $356 and $1,116, depending on the version and size. Financing is available to qualified customers. For those approved for financing, monthly payments start between $32 and $62.

TwinFullQueenKing
    The Essential$356$481$536$716
    The Casper$506$846$931$1,101
    The Wave$1,116$1,756$1,916$2,236

Casper mattress models

Casper's mattress models — The Essential, The Casper and The Wave — feature cooling technology to help regulate your temperature as you sleep. The Essential is best for those who want a low-cost option that gives softness and support, while The Wave is better for firmness and support.

• The Essential: The Essential was designed with stomach, back and side sleepers in mind. It keeps you cool while you sleep and is the most affordable option for those looking to make their first mattress upgrade. The streamlined design is 11 inches tall and offers maximum support with three levels of open-cell foam.
    • The Casper: The Casper mattress comes in all-foam or hybrid models. It features breathable open-cell foam, four layers of premium foam and zoned support for extra comfort under your shoulders and hips. This mattress is 12 inches in height.
    • The Wave: The Wave mattress combines superior support, cooling and comfort. The Wave generates maximum airflow to keep you cool while you sleep. It also has a soft top layer, gel pods that offer targeted support throughout and five layers of premium foam. This mattress is 13 inches in height.

Casper mattress FAQ

What kind of mattress is Casper?
    Casper offers both all-foam and hybrid mattresses. All-foam mattresses contour to your body, while hybrids use springs and foam to add lift, support and airflow to the mattress.
    How much do Casper mattresses cost?
    Casper offers three different models, ranging from $356 to $2,236.
    Where do I buy a Casper mattress?
    Casper partners with retailers in more than 2,000 popular stores across the U.S., including Target and Home Outfitters. You can also purchase a Casper mattress online and have it delivered to your doorstep for free.
    Where are Casper mattresses made?
    Casper mattresses are made in the U.S.
    Do Casper mattresses need a box spring?
    Casper mattresses have the foundation you need built right in, so you don’t necessarily need a box spring. However, you may want to put the mattress on a box spring or platform so it is not directly on the floor.
    How firm is a Casper mattress?
    Each Casper mattress is designed with ultimate comfort in mind. The Wave is more firm under your hips and core, while The Essential offers consistent support throughout. A 100-night trial lets you test the firmness so you can find the mattress that works for your sleep style and body type.
    What is the best Casper mattress?
    The Casper is the most popular design, but The Wave and The Essential have benefits that make them perfect for different types of sleepers. Finding the best mattress depends on your sleep style, budget and the features that are most important to you.
    What is Casper’s return policy?
    Casper provides a no-obligation, 100-night free trial. To return your mattress for any reason, log into your account, print a shipping label, repackage your bed and ship it back at no cost.
    Do Casper mattresses come with a warranty?
    Yes, Casper mattresses come with a 10-year limited warranty.

Are Casper mattresses good?

Casper is one of the leaders in the mattress industry for a good reason. Not only does it offer comfortable, award-winning mattresses, but the company has also earned a reputation for having a friendly and knowledgeable customer service team. The streamlined design, dynamic comfort features and high-quality materials make Casper a strong option for anyone searching for a new mattress.

Casper Mattress Reviews

Original review: May 8, 2020

Really easy to order. Shipped to my home. Easy to setup. Gives very comfortable sleep. Made my backache go away. Was a good buy. Have some trouble keeping the sheets tucked under the bottom end because the mattress is so light, but so easy to make up.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I chose a Casper mattress 2 years ago because Consumer Reports rated it as one of the best. It has proven to be the best mattress I have ever owned. It is firm, but not rock hard. I’ve actually been sleeping better in the past 2 years. I don’t know if it’s the mattress, but I’m happy about that. Personally I am tall, thin, and a side sleeper. It was effortless to purchase online. It arrived in a timely manner in a box, and was easily unpacked and set up with the help of one other person. Thanks Consumer Reports.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Best and most comfortable mattress ever period. I couldn't go back. Seamless delivery. Excellent customer service. Very satisfied overall. We need more innovation like that and the world would be a much better place.

Original review: April 23, 2020

I did not finance but that was not an option. When I slept on friend's Casper mattress while visiting, I had commented on how comfortable her mattress was. I was surprised to find out it was shipped in a box. I decided when my son was getting a new bed to use the same mattress company.

Original review: May 12, 2020

The bed itself wasn’t terrible, but for the money we didn’t love it and decided to try a different bed 3 weeks in (well inside their 100 day free trial period). Customer Service was adamant that we give it at least 30 day trial for “our bodies to adjust”. After 45 days (still within our return period) we called them up. Bed was still too firm for us and my wife and I both wake up with aches. They tell me they will gladly take back the mattress, but we are stuck with the frame because it only has a 30 day return policy. Several calls and requests to speak to a manager they are still refusing to give us a full refund. Very shady business practices and terrible customer service. Would not recommend this company to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Casper Mattress?

Original review: May 6, 2020

We bought this about 4 years ago. It has caused us pain and stiffness but lately it is sagging and warped. We are not large people so I am very disappointed considering the cost and now it is too heavy to move out to the trash.

Original review: April 29, 2020

Ordering the mattress was very easy. I was able to get financing by putting down a down payment on it. The overall price was much cheaper than at a furniture store. After the purchase delivery was fast and it came in a box. I was able to set it up quickly. After 5 years I still have the mattress; however, you cannot flip it so I feel like it is wearing out already. I am looking into a new mattress, the price is right for Casper but not the longevity.

Original review: April 26, 2020

Had this bed for a year. So far bed is fine. Holding up very well. Stays cool. Moves well with your movement. Very comfortable. Mattress came out of box easily and opened up and puffed up well. I have had other people sleep on this bed and get nothing but good remarks about it.

Original review: April 18, 2020

Way too soft. I own a $1000 queen size Casper mattress. It is dangerous to sleep in...everything hurts after 1 night in it...I should of replaced it when I had the chance....I want my money back..Is there a recall on the queen size casper?

Original review: March 9, 2020

I trusted Consumer Reports, but I should have known that a "comfort level" of 7 was going to be too soft. Figured I'd try it since I had like 100 days to give it a shot. It worked pretty well for the 100 days. Now, six months later, I am in absolute agony any night I sleep on it. Yes, I'm 6'4" and weigh 260 pounds. So, I'm a big guy. I think smaller people might find it just fine. But, frankly, I've now tried Casper and Tempurpedic - the Tempur was ok, and lasted much longer, but there's no way I'm paying $25,000 every 3-4 years. I finally went back to a good old fashioned spring loaded bed - firm, Simmons (great because of the individual coils). Talked them down on the price to about $475. No more back issues. Just buy an old fashioned spring bed and make sure it's firm. All these new foam and gel mattresses are a gimmick. I'm sure they're nice for some people. But if you have back issues, don't do it.

Casper Mattress Company Information