Casper Mattress

Need a good mattress?

Casper Mattress Reviews

Need a good mattress?

65 Casper Mattress Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 13, 2019

The mattress is a little more firm than expected but still comfortable. The price exceeds the quality. We paid $1200 including a discount for mattress - no box spring. I think the value should be around $800 at most. Delivery was to the door. The mattress is quite heavy and would require a strong person to drag it upstairs in its box.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I have had my Casper Wave for a year now and it is fantastic. I am a hot bodied person, but I don't get hot at all on the Casper. I also like to sleep on my back and stomach, both positions are extremely comfortable. I love it.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Very comfortable for both my wife and myself and we have different mattress tastes. Great price of around $1100 for a king. I had to return something and their return service was exceptional! Easy to set up. I would definitely buy again!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I have had insomnia for DECADES. I just assumed it was job stress, etc. I do have RLS, a bad knee, bad hip and bad back. I have no idea why I never considered the fact that my mattress was partly to blame. I had looked at various mattresses and felt overwhelmed. Finally, I decided to just order the Casper. If it didn't work, I could always send it back. I SLEEP. I ACTUALLY SLEEP. I wake with little to no pain. I am shocked that a mattress has had this effect. I did have a Tempurpedic mattress topper on my old mattress. I thought that would be sufficient. I guess I was so wrong. I can't say enough about how well I sleep. Might I have gotten a good night's sleep with another mattress out there, maybe, but what I do know is that this has been fantastic. I should have done it ages ago.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I heard a lot of positive reviews on Casper mattresses. Ended up going to the Casper store in Bloomington MN. Was happy with the bed and the service so we purchased one. When it arrived and we set it up, it ended up being more firm than I remember. We gave it 2 more weeks and ended up returning it due to it being a little too firm for us (more me). Even though we returned it, I still give them 5 stars! Here’s why: it’s still a great mattress for someone who prefers a bit of a more firmer mattress. I just happen to prefer a softer mattress.

The service is remarkable. Ours was delivered within 3 days. No questions asked when requested to return. They thanked us for giving them a try. They come and pick it up. Totally painless return. And the fact that we seem to be the only people to not end up absolutely loving it, I’m thinking it’s us that has something wrong, not the mattress :-). Would recommend it to anyone. Nothing to lose since so easy to return. If they ever make a soft mattress, I’ll be the first in line to try it again! Thank you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Casper Mattress?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I purchased a Casper mattress from Costco a couple of months ago and the discomfort is worse with every passing day. Horrible leg pains and sciatic nerve pain that I've never had before. Run away from this awful company and their hard as a brick mattresses. They spend all their money on ads, not their product or customer service.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I bought the entire setup from Casper from the bed frame, foundation and mattress. Upon delivery and set up by their 3rd party service I was informed that the support beams in the middle of the foundation were too short. I called immediately and was asked to take pictures and send the to Casper support. I did and shortly after received an email thanking me for supplying the pictures. I was told that within 2-3 business days I would receive word on how they would resolve this issue. In the meantime I was not to sleep on the bed.

Four days later I called because I had heard nothing. I was informed that the order was on hold and had not been entered. When I complained support told me they would transfer me to the refund department so I could ask for a refund. This is customer service? I want my support beams! Two pieces of 2x6 boards that would take no time to send out and replace the wrong ones delivered. Casper’s service is pathetic. The manager of the store I bought it from told me his hands were tied by corporate and he couldn’t help me. I’ll never buy another product from this pathetic, worthless poor excuse for an American company. They stink and will never see me again. Do not buy from this company!

Original review: July 25, 2019

We tried the mattress out, too soft for me, too firm for my wife, so we compromised and bought two different twin XLs instead. We returned the mattress and they picked it up, promised refund very soon. Months later, I check the AMEX, no refund... wife calls up and they "send the refund out right then". Refund is suddenly in the account within a few days. Get a strong feeling that this company only refunds you if you call up and complain. Seems shady.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Bought a King Mattress at Casper for $1400 and I received a confirmation email with order number and details of the purchase. A week later I tried to find the status of my order and it's an impossible mission. If you call them, they will keep you on hold forever, with a recording that tries to convince you to try chatting or sending them an email instead. I tried to "chat with a human" on their website and before you do so you have to click on the options of why you need to chat with them. I chose to ask about my purchase, and was directed nowhere, chat closed and received an email reply saying "unable to deliver message".

So I tried again and had to trick them and chose instead the option of "I'm interested in your products" and immediately someone replied and started chatting with me. In the meantime, I was still holding over the phone for someone to answer my call. I asked the chat guy about my mattress and he said it would be ready for shipping in a week, maybe. He explained "It's been extremely hectic these last few weeks, but it looks like the smoke is beginning to clear, if you catch my drift".

While chatting with him a lady finally answered my call and I asked her the same question. She said it was ready for shipping and just waiting for UPS to come and pick it up, but since it's Friday it would probably be picked up on Monday. Important to mention that I see the "ready for shipping" status on my account for several days now. So I asked the chat guy why is the lady over the phone saying it will ship on Monday while he is telling me it will not be ready for another week or so. He replied "Do you need someone to vent to or are you going to hear me out? Because this information is pretty reliable".

After that, he closed the chat abruptly and the Chat App did not gave the option of saving the conversation. Good thing I copied it before it was closed in case it happened. Now I am worried about my purchase. Was it a mistake? They give a 100 day free trial free return policy. I bet anything it would be a PAIN to try and return it if I am not satisfied with it.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Casper is a badly run business with horrible customer service and no sense of timeliness. I ordered a Casper Twin XL mattress on a recommendation from a friend; thus began two weeks of me interacting with an absurdly terrible organization. First of all, they did not provide a tracking number for my initial order. After one week without a mattress, I hounded them for an update, only to find out that they "lost" my shipment. They assured me that another one would be on the way and that a supervisor would reach out to me to rectify to situation. Needless to say, that never happened – not only did my shipment get delayed for another week, no supervisor was willing to work with me to adequately compensate me for my poor experience. I was told that this was a "regular occurrence" and has happened "quite a bit lately" (these are direct quotes from my phone conversations, by the way).

Overall, my experience with Casper was entirely terrible. In the end, the only thing I got was a full refund, an additional $75 credit, and 4 hours full of headaches talking to inept phone representatives that I will never get back. It's been more than 15 days since I've had proper sleep now, and it's all thanks to Casper's disgusting incompetence. I will never, ever recommend Casper to anyone else, and if they don't shape up, it won't take them too long to run themselves into the ground where they belong.

Casper Mattress questions and answers

What problem is Casper trying to solve?
      Casper is reinventing sleep from the ground up. A vertically-integrated consumer experience, Casper designed its award-winning mattress, sells through its beautiful website, delivers in a small box straight to your door, and provides outstanding customer support every step of the way. Why is shopping for a mattress such an expensive, unsexy, and exhausting ordeal? You spend a third of your life in bed — Casper believes you should enjoy every second of it. Casper has struck a chord with consumers who are looking for an innovative product, disruption of an archaic industry, and the best night’s sleep of their lives.
      What sets Casper apart from the competition?
      Casper is changing consumer behavior by eliminating the middle man and shipping its critically acclaimed mattress straight to your door, at a third of the cost. To overcome the myth of the showroom, the bed comes with a 100-night home trial. If you don’t love the Casper, we will send someone to pick it up for donation and provide a full refund. Happily, nearly everyone loves their Casper!
      What needs does your product fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      Casper has reinvented the mattress buying experience by offering a direct-to-consumer, one-model-sleeps-all product. The Casper mattress is a singular design, universally comfortable, and engineered in-house by former IDEO designers to achieve the ideal point of form meeting function. The American-made, patent-pending sleep surface uses memory foam — so it sleeps cool, provides healthy bounce, and promotes ideal anatomic support.
      How does Casper measure success?
      At Casper we define success by creating an outrageously comfortable mattress, providing a memorable experience, and listening to feedback that allows us to learn and grow. Casper works hard to ensure we’re delivering brighter days, one good night’s sleep at a time.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
      Americans have been conditioned to falsely believe that a mattress must be bought in-person. Consumers are led around a crowded showroom by a commissioned salesman, forced to lie on beds for mere minutes, and upsold into a ridiculously marked-up purchase. How can you determine if a mattress will provide a great night’s sleep — and is truly comfortable — if you don’t bring it home and sleep on it first? You can’t, and that’s where Casper comes in.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      Casper has struck a chord with consumers who are expecting more and more from the retail experience. The mattress industry hasn’t changed or progressed in years. They never needed to — the big mattress companies take outrageous margins and are all in bed together. Casper is disrupting a tired industry from the bed up.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about Casper?
      Casper strives to provide the customer experience that you dream about. Between tweeting to consumers at 2am to calling UPS on their behalf to figure out shipment issues, Casper goes above and beyond the standard call of duty to ensure that every experience is a memorable one. Our team is a small, close knit, group who work alongside each other to ensure the Casper experience is a seamless one.
      Has your business received any awards or recognition?
      Crunchie Award Winner - Best E-Commerce, 2015
      Business Insider - 14 Startups You Should Watch, 2015
      Business Insider - 16 Hottest Startups, 2014
      Internet Retailer - Hot 100, 2014
      CNN - Spotlight on Innovation, 2014
      How has Casper grown or evolved?
      Casper generated $1 million in revenue in the first 28 days, and has grown month-over-month since our launch in April 2014. We launched international shipping to Canada in November 2014, and opened our second location in Los Angeles in February 2015. Casper was founded by five co-founders, but by early 2015, expanded its team to 40 — and we are still hiring!

Casper Mattress Company Information