Casper Mattress ReviewsConsumerAffairs Unaccredited Brand
I am very disappointed on how Casper has handled my order. I ordered 4 XL twin mattresses with the metal frames and foundations but instead received 2 XL mattresses and 2 queen mattresses with wrong foundations and metal frames. Casper customer service was notified and did not provide a resolution. Casper instructed me to repurchase mattresses online and to return all the wrong items.
I explained that I did not want spend another $3000 and possibly get another botched order. To further make matters worse, Casper could not find a contractor to pick up wrong mattresses and expected me to wait until who knows when! Which is frustrating because the refund won't be applied until after items are picked up. An exchange would have been acceptable but Casper instead directed me to purchase again! I was then told that the 100 day return trial would not apply to any new items I purchased per Casper's policy. I expected a simple exchange and ended up with a disaster! I'm still waiting to hear from Casper for my refund.
The mattress is not built sturdy. I can feel it when my husband moves at all, even if he is just scratching his arm! It's hard to get a good night's sleep! Due to a surgery on my inner ear, I called 32 past the 100-night trial and I am SOL. The Casper rep told me they recommend their foundation so that would be another $300. She advised me to put a bunkie board (plywood like board) between my mattress and box spring and this would help temporarily. Now I'm back to my college years of sleeping on plywood! If a different foundation is required: Why is it not included? or, at the very least, Why are customers not advised of this issue before purchasing? I will try this but I am definitely not happy! What a waste of $1,200.00! I will NOT be recommending this mattress to anyone! ORDER #**. Placed 09/09/2017. SHIPPED Via UPS. The Casper. Size: King Quantity: 1. $1,150.00.
Last month, my mother needed a new mattress because she suffers from back pain. I purchased the Wave mattress and 2 pillows on 11/26/2017. On 11/28, XPO contacted me to schedule a delivery for Sunday 12/3 and it has been an ongoing nightmare. My delivery was rescheduled to 12/5, then 12/6, then 12/7, and then 12/8. They even sent an empty truck to my house on 12/6 saying they were there for a pickup and not a delivery. I wanted to handle and escalate the matter with XPO, but they've been unprofessional throughout the entire process. Their employees have hung up on me several times, screamed at me, and even complained how they have to work overtime during the holidays.
On 12/7, I decided to reach out to Casper's social media team but they deleted my comment as well as another customer complaint. I received a DM asking me how Casper can help and that was it. There was no response to my answer, no follow up, and that was the end of it. I finally decided to call Casper and have my issue escalated with a manager. Casper ended up sending me a replacement on 12/08 via UPS overnight because XPO probably lost my order. I finally received the mattress on 12/12, but UPS doesn't provide white glove service and now the Wave mattress is still in the box untouched. On Friday, December 15th, I saw another customer having the same delivery issue as me and I responded to him. Casper's social media team deleted both of our comments on Sunday 12/17 with no outreach.
I am still not done with whole situation, they have been calling me almost every day to schedule a non-existent Casper delivery. I've told them several times that Casper contacted them to cancel my order but I guess not. They also provided me with a complimentary pick up for all the inconvenience they've cause but, of course, it was rescheduled and will probably never happen. My whole entire journey with Casper has been a true nightmare. I understand this entire situation was mostly XPO's fault, but this a company that Casper chose to work with to deliver their products. I was so excited for my mother to try out their mattress and pillows. I also wanted to purchase another two if she liked it. I hope Casper's improves their service and customer experience. They have great products and I truly hope the customer experience will match it one day.
Very Unsatisfied with delivery service, heard 3 different delivery days for delivery, and nothing yet, no one will return calls, just full of excuses. WILL NOT RECOMMEND TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS!!!
I received some recommendations from friends and family as to Casper Mattress’ quality. I then looked for more information online and more reviews and was further convinced by professional reviews. I like the fact that Casper mattresses are affordable and that they fit my bed perfectly compared to other brand I use. They seem to reflect the perfect reviews I noticed. I feel as if there is not much to improve as they seem to take a lot of care in making it a perfect project the first time with no real issues.
- 1,077,799 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I liked Casper Mattress' reputation and I've seen celebrities endorse their bedding and mattresses. I'm always willing to try a new product out and see how it works for me. It is extremely soft and comfortable to sleep on. I like the texture and feel. I also like the plushness of the sheets and bedding. However, I would like to see the bedding come in more color palettes. Right now they are limited to only a few select colors. They could improve their business if they worked on this.
The Casper Mattress are good, and nice. It is very comfortable to sleep; warm and cozy during the day and night as always. It is doing the job that I want for my bed whenever I want to lay on it. It is perfect than any other brands if it is doing the jobs for customers. But this bedding are not be torn when sleep for many years and always maintain in a good condition.
I choose this brand over other brands for a few reasons. They were highly recommended to me by a friend that uses them, I read reviews on these sheets and for the most part they were extremely positive and gave a lot of feedback on their quality, so I decided to give them a try. I like that these sheets are made from 100 percent California cotton which is very comfortable. They are very high quality with a 200 thread count. The pillow cases have a envelope feature which keeps the pillow inside the pillow case which I like very much. They are also easy to wash and look very nice. When examining the sheets, I found about 5 loose threads which would usually be a bug concern. I would just remove them easily and carefully, however when pulling on them slightly, they caused a snag in the sheet. So this is something they will need to eliminate or improve upon. Otherwise very nice sheets.
The sheets are made of cotton and are made of high quality materials. The sheets themselves are soft, comfortable and breathable, very durable and strong. I like the fact that the sheets are made from 100 percent cotton and the sheets are great.
The sheets are one hundred times better than the cheap, off-brand sheets I was previously purchasing. They are much softer and consistently feel cool to the touch on my skin. The softness does not diminish after washing and hold up much better to wear and tear. They fit my mattress very nicely and have a great color to them. Still, Casper could make more color selections for the sheets that are available and also make the option to have no top sheet included, as I do not use one.
My brother-in-law owns a Casper Mattress and he told us that they were wonderful and comfy. He has severe back problems, so he has tried many options in the past. Getting our Casper is one of the best decisions that my wife and I have made since getting married. While I would say that the price needs to be reduced, it is still a wonderful and comfy mattress that we have enjoyed so far.
I used to have sheets from Crate and Barrel. Casper Mattress' are much better and are softer. They feel really nice and are organic cotton! This is a plus in my book. However, these sheets could be a little easier to wash. I sometimes have problems with them in the dryer. But this could be fixed. I highly recommend them over other brands.
I chose this brand because it is of high quality, soft and comfy. The quality and details of Casper sheets help to make the bed easily. And they fit well and never come undone. Its softness is great for your skin. And it helps me to relax and have a great night of sleep. They are more appealing than the other brands as they are cool, innovative and comfortable. However, it might help if we could have different colors.
This brand's reputation seems to be very high. I heard a lot of advertising for this brand and it made me curious and want to check it out. I like good quality thread count sheets. The Casper Mattress feels really good and helps me sleep better. I really appreciate it.
Perfect for sleeping and customized to fit what I need. Free trials and returns. The sheets are tested and provide a great atmosphere to go to sleep. However, lower the price. The quality is amazing but sometimes I buy other sheets because of the cost. Maybe have coupons and giving points for buying Casper and adding up rewards. This brand is better on the whole. The quality and feel of the bedding is the best. There are many choices and the website is easy to use. I think it is an excellent brand.
Casper is a good name for sheets with a high thread count. I have tried other brand names for bed linen and found none really compare to Casper. I prefer Casper because it's been in my family for a good number of years and I remember having those sheets when I was a kid! When I think sheets, I think them. However, the price is a little high compared to similar designs and qualities provided by their competition. But Casper has good quality for the money.
The Casper Mattress is very soft, comfortable, good looking, durable and easy to wash. It has eye catching colors, competitive price and above all, easily available and long lasting. But there should be more options, lower prices and more choice of colors and texture.
It's a king bed and it covered by beautiful Casper sheets. The Casper sheets are very comfortable and enjoyable. I sleep in them almost every night. I really love the texture and the material. Very durable and great. It's very soft and light. It doesn't lay heavily on your body and when you're tossing and turning it stays on your body still. This is higher in quality way better compared to other brands. But the sheets make you very warm sometimes, if you sleep all night with them you will wake up sweating mostly because of the material that it's made out of. So that means that I have to have the AC on all night when I cover in it. But overall it's a great sheet and I would love to buy more of it since I have one right now.
A great company that cares about its customers. Very lovely people and has a very nice system of leaders. It cares about its customers and are very nice. Like others, I was reluctant to buy a bed online. Also, I had never had a memory foam bed. Casper has been heavily promoting their beds in San Francisco, and it must be effective because I started researching Casper beds which introduced me to the concept of buying a bed online, having it delivered in a relatively small box and letting it expand upon opening. What an amazing bed! The first surprise was how small the box was when it arrived. The second surprise was how quickly it expanded upon opening - within about 20 minutes it became a full size bed with a beautiful zippered cover. There was virtually no smell and now (the next day) no smell at all.
What really surprised me was the quality of the bed. Obviously quality materials and workmanship - and the cover even has a stylish design and sturdy zipper mechanism underneath for removal and cleaning. This has only been day 2 since I've slept on this mattress. I bought this one (full size) going off the review for the queen / twin sized one that had a brown and white cover. It doesn't have the same comfort layer (the top most layer) which is the 3" gel-plus layer like the other one but rather a 1.5" air infused layer with a 2" gel-max layer.
Quick and painless delivery option. The people who delivered the mattress were great and very understanding. Cannot wait to use them again. Great. Hassle free warranty with nothing hidden to surprise you if you have to use the warranty. Was explained to me perfectly at the time of buying the mattress. The associates who assisted me in this purchase were very helpful and answered my questions honestly and clearly so that I could understand. The value of the mattress I purchased was very affordable and very competitive with other brands which means I didn't have to shop around to find out how great of a deal I got.
The delivery service was great. They give you a specific date and time that you will be available and it was honored accordingly. Very effective and efficient. The warranty was quite reasonable as you are given enough time to test out the product to your satisfaction. I think the warranty is very adequate. The customer service was very good and appreciative. They ensure that most if not all your needs are met and they are very knowledgeable about the product to offer good advice. The value was affordable. You get what you pay for and you also get the option to choose how you are able to pay based on your financial situation.
I ordered and it said it would take a week or so I waited but really took 3 days and when I got it, they set it up for me and they had me sign for me. The warranty they gave me is suppose to last 4 years and if I were to mess up the mattress I was able to replace it for free only if the warranty is still on. They were really sweet and generous. They offered me deals and help me find my ideal mattress that I was looking for. After I found the mattress that I wanted they offered me a warranty. The mattress was very high quality and was for a cheap price and I was surprised by it because it was really amazing and looked like it would be worth tons of money.
It comes very early. They deliver it with very carefully. It comes safe and sound. And I love the packaging how safely they packed it. So, I really want to order some more mattress from the same company. It really is very good and perfect for me. I am rather disappointed with warranty point of view. It's not very long warranty time and also have to pay cost which is quite costly. I am very happy with customer service. They were really cooperative and listen to us very carefully. They are friendly and give full time to customer. It's really high quality. I have already recommended to my other family members and want to recommend my friends also. My family members love the mattress and the softness of this.
I was pretty skeptical, but we decided to risk it, because their website sold us on the idea of their mattress. It showed up in box about 5 days after we ordered. The unboxing was cool, very similar to when you buy an Apple product, cool packaging and instructions.
We have had the mattress for 30 days and love it, it is just the right amount of firmness, not to soft and not a brick. And for the price we could buy 3 or 4 of these compared to the one tempur-pedic we almost bought. Glad we took the risk and would recommend this mattress and company.
Casper Mattress questions and answers
- What problem is Casper trying to solve?
- Casper is reinventing sleep from the ground up. A vertically-integrated consumer experience, Casper designed its award-winning mattress, sells through its beautiful website, delivers in a small box straight to your door, and provides outstanding customer support every step of the way. Why is shopping for a mattress such an expensive, unsexy, and exhausting ordeal? You spend a third of your life in bed — Casper believes you should enjoy every second of it. Casper has struck a chord with consumers who are looking for an innovative product, disruption of an archaic industry, and the best night’s sleep of their lives.
- What sets Casper apart from the competition?
- Casper is changing consumer behavior by eliminating the middle man and shipping its critically acclaimed mattress straight to your door, at a third of the cost. To overcome the myth of the showroom, the bed comes with a 100-night home trial. If you don’t love the Casper, we will send someone to pick it up for donation and provide a full refund. Happily, nearly everyone loves their Casper!
- What needs does your product fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
- Casper has reinvented the mattress buying experience by offering a direct-to-consumer, one-model-sleeps-all product. The Casper mattress is a singular design, universally comfortable, and engineered in-house by former IDEO designers to achieve the ideal point of form meeting function. The American-made, patent-pending sleep surface uses memory foam — so it sleeps cool, provides healthy bounce, and promotes ideal anatomic support.
- How does Casper measure success?
- At Casper we define success by creating an outrageously comfortable mattress, providing a memorable experience, and listening to feedback that allows us to learn and grow. Casper works hard to ensure we’re delivering brighter days, one good night’s sleep at a time.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
- Americans have been conditioned to falsely believe that a mattress must be bought in-person. Consumers are led around a crowded showroom by a commissioned salesman, forced to lie on beds for mere minutes, and upsold into a ridiculously marked-up purchase. How can you determine if a mattress will provide a great night’s sleep — and is truly comfortable — if you don’t bring it home and sleep on it first? You can’t, and that’s where Casper comes in.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- Casper has struck a chord with consumers who are expecting more and more from the retail experience. The mattress industry hasn’t changed or progressed in years. They never needed to — the big mattress companies take outrageous margins and are all in bed together. Casper is disrupting a tired industry from the bed up.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about Casper?
- Casper strives to provide the customer experience that you dream about. Between tweeting to consumers at 2am to calling UPS on their behalf to figure out shipment issues, Casper goes above and beyond the standard call of duty to ensure that every experience is a memorable one. Our team is a small, close knit, group who work alongside each other to ensure the Casper experience is a seamless one.
- Has your business received any awards or recognition?
- Crunchie Award Winner - Best E-Commerce, 2015
Refinery 29 - 7 Startups That’ll Change Your Life, 2015
Forbes - 30 Under 30 - Co-founder and COO Neil Parikh, 2014
Men’s Journal - Gear of the Year, 2014
GearPatrol - GP100, 2014
Business Insider - 14 Startups You Should Watch, 2015
Business Insider - 16 Hottest Startups, 2014
Internet Retailer - Hot 100, 2014
CNN - Spotlight on Innovation, 2014
- How has Casper grown or evolved?
- Casper generated $1 million in revenue in the first 28 days, and has grown month-over-month since our launch in April 2014. We launched international shipping to Canada in November 2014, and opened our second location in Los Angeles in February 2015. Casper was founded by five co-founders, but by early 2015, expanded its team to 40 — and we are still hiring!
Casper Mattress Company Information
- Company Name:
- Casper Mattress
- United States
- (888) 304-0550