2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.52/5
Save 10% on your mattress*
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Casper has multiple mattress options, materials and sleep-inducing features. While Casper’s mattresses can be a little more expensive than other companies’ mattresses, most Casper customers report sleeping better, waking up more refreshed and feeling more productive during the day. Its website is easy to use, and its customer support team makes ordering a new mattress simple.

BOTTOM LINE

Casper mattresses are designed for support and include comfort features like temperature regulation. Mattresses start out very firm and can take up to a month to break in. Customers enjoy a 100-night sleep trial.

PROS

• Designed for comfort and support
  • Easy return policy
  • Free delivery

CONS

• Expensive

Top Casper Mattress Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Casper Mattress?

Very comfortable for both my wife and myself and we have different mattress tastes. Great price of around $1100 for a king. I had to return something and their return service was exceptional! ... I would definitely buy again!

The mattress is a little more firm than expected but still comfortable. The price exceeds the quality. We paid $1200 including a discount for mattress - no box spring. I think the value should be around $800 at most.

What is a Casper mattress?

Casper is a mattress company that sells its products online and through retail partners. The company manufactures its mattresses with layers of latex and foam for balanced support and cooling, and it sells all-foam mattresses and hybrid mattresses that combine the comfort of foam with the flexibility of springs. All Casper models include a 100-night risk-free trial and a 10-year limited warranty.

Casper mattress prices

Casper mattresses cost between $356 and $1,116, depending on the version and size. Financing is available to qualified customers. For those approved for financing, monthly payments start between $32 and $62.

TwinFullQueenKing
    The Essential$356$481$536$716
    The Casper$506$846$931$1,101
    The Wave$1,116$1,756$1,916$2,236

Casper mattress models

Casper's mattress models — The Essential, The Casper and The Wave — feature cooling technology to help regulate your temperature as you sleep. The Essential is best for those who want a low-cost option that gives softness and support, while The Wave is better for firmness and support.

• The Essential: The Essential was designed with stomach, back and side sleepers in mind. It keeps you cool while you sleep and is the most affordable option for those looking to make their first mattress upgrade. The streamlined design is 11 inches tall and offers maximum support with three levels of open-cell foam.
    • The Casper: The Casper mattress comes in all-foam or hybrid models. It features breathable open-cell foam, four layers of premium foam and zoned support for extra comfort under your shoulders and hips. This mattress is 12 inches in height.
    • The Wave: The Wave mattress combines superior support, cooling and comfort. The Wave generates maximum airflow to keep you cool while you sleep. It also has a soft top layer, gel pods that offer targeted support throughout and five layers of premium foam. This mattress is 13 inches in height.

Casper mattress FAQ

What kind of mattress is Casper?
    Casper offers both all-foam and hybrid mattresses. All-foam mattresses contour to your body, while hybrids use springs and foam to add lift, support and airflow to the mattress.
    How much do Casper mattresses cost?
    Casper offers three different models, ranging from $356 to $2,236.
    Where do I buy a Casper mattress?
    Casper partners with retailers in more than 2,000 popular stores across the U.S., including Target and Home Outfitters. You can also purchase a Casper mattress online and have it delivered to your doorstep for free.
    Where are Casper mattresses made?
    Casper mattresses are made in the U.S.
    Do Casper mattresses need a box spring?
    Casper mattresses have the foundation you need built right in, so you don’t necessarily need a box spring. However, you may want to put the mattress on a box spring or platform so it is not directly on the floor.
    How firm is a Casper mattress?
    Each Casper mattress is designed with ultimate comfort in mind. The Wave is more firm under your hips and core, while The Essential offers consistent support throughout. A 100-night trial lets you test the firmness so you can find the mattress that works for your sleep style and body type.
    What is the best Casper mattress?
    The Casper is the most popular design, but The Wave and The Essential have benefits that make them perfect for different types of sleepers. Finding the best mattress depends on your sleep style, budget and the features that are most important to you.
    What is Casper’s return policy?
    Casper provides a no-obligation, 100-night free trial. To return your mattress for any reason, log into your account, print a shipping label, repackage your bed and ship it back at no cost.
    Do Casper mattresses come with a warranty?
    Yes, Casper mattresses come with a 10-year limited warranty.

Are Casper mattresses good?

Casper is one of the leaders in the mattress industry for a good reason. Not only does it offer comfortable, award-winning mattresses, but the company has also earned a reputation for having a friendly and knowledgeable customer service team. The streamlined design, dynamic comfort features and high-quality materials make Casper a strong option for anyone searching for a new mattress.

Casper Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Casper Mattress?

Original review: May 8, 2020

Really easy to order. Shipped to my home. Easy to setup. Gives very comfortable sleep. Made my backache go away. Was a good buy. Have some trouble keeping the sheets tucked under the bottom end because the mattress is so light, but so easy to make up.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I chose a Casper mattress 2 years ago because Consumer Reports rated it as one of the best. It has proven to be the best mattress I have ever owned. It is firm, but not rock hard. I’ve actually been sleeping better in the past 2 years. I don’t know if it’s the mattress, but I’m happy about that. Personally I am tall, thin, and a side sleeper. It was effortless to purchase online. It arrived in a timely manner in a box, and was easily unpacked and set up with the help of one other person. Thanks Consumer Reports.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Best and most comfortable mattress ever period. I couldn't go back. Seamless delivery. Excellent customer service. Very satisfied overall. We need more innovation like that and the world would be a much better place.

Original review: April 23, 2020

I did not finance but that was not an option. When I slept on friend's Casper mattress while visiting, I had commented on how comfortable her mattress was. I was surprised to find out it was shipped in a box. I decided when my son was getting a new bed to use the same mattress company.

Original review: July 17, 2020

This review has everything to do with the customer service and the MASSIVE shipping delay. A week after accepting my $1500 payment for my Casper bed I was informed that "due to high demand" it would be delayed 6 weeks. I purchased a bundle, and received the foundation, and the mattress protector in two separate deliveries, with the impending bed being the third. After 3 unanswered emails, unanswered text, and multiple calls with sleep specialists, they have either flat out ignored me (zero responses via email so far) or stonewalled me over the phone. I feel this was a bait and switch. The closest I got was "we'll see if there's anything we can do and then email you" and they never emailed me.

They get you in the door with a $1500 purchase, delay your product 6 weeks, and allow you to upgrade to a bed "in stock" for $700 that can ship ASAP. It's a terrible tactic, and the sleep specialists have not tried to help remedy me in any other way. My only alternative was a partial refund for the bed not yet shipped and a separate refund once a courier could come pick up the mattress protector and foundation, both of which would take time to process. This is bad business. I have to say the customer service thus far has been terrible and not a good start to a relationship with a new customer. So basically I am either without a bed for 6 weeks, I cave to the bait and switch and pay $700 to upgrade from the original hybrid to the Nova, or I get a piecemeal refund over time, and eventually be able to put it towards another bed. Casper, if you are reading this, please remedy this terrible situation. Thanks.

Original review: May 28, 2020

On Memorial Day we purchased a mattress from them and the website gave us a huge discount. It shipped, then we couldn’t track it because it was returned to them because they noticed the discount but will not honor it. Offered only a $50 discount after multiple phone calls. Said it was a glitch in their system. We even have the email confirmation that shows their own website gave the discount and it’s not our fault and a good company would honor the mistake. Nope. Not them! Will never order from them now.

Original review: May 22, 2020

The person who I chat with (Josh), behaved very careless; he didn't try to understand my needs - I was about to place an order but due to this experience I decided not to move fwd. Things happen for a good reason. Thank you.

Original review: May 12, 2020

The bed itself wasn’t terrible, but for the money we didn’t love it and decided to try a different bed 3 weeks in (well inside their 100 day free trial period). Customer Service was adamant that we give it at least 30 day trial for “our bodies to adjust”. After 45 days (still within our return period) we called them up. Bed was still too firm for us and my wife and I both wake up with aches. They tell me they will gladly take back the mattress, but we are stuck with the frame because it only has a 30 day return policy. Several calls and requests to speak to a manager they are still refusing to give us a full refund. Very shady business practices and terrible customer service. Would not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: May 6, 2020

We bought this about 4 years ago. It has caused us pain and stiffness but lately it is sagging and warped. We are not large people so I am very disappointed considering the cost and now it is too heavy to move out to the trash.

Original review: April 29, 2020

Ordering the mattress was very easy. I was able to get financing by putting down a down payment on it. The overall price was much cheaper than at a furniture store. After the purchase delivery was fast and it came in a box. I was able to set it up quickly. After 5 years I still have the mattress; however, you cannot flip it so I feel like it is wearing out already. I am looking into a new mattress, the price is right for Casper but not the longevity.

Casper Mattress Company Information