Casper Mattress

Need a good mattress?

Casper Mattress Reviews

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

47 Casper Mattress Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Hello, I recently purchased a Casper mattress upon the recommendation of my daughter. It was delivered and set up because I paid a $150 delivery/set up fee. I am not at all happy with the mattress. I am having it returned a week later. There are no brick and mortar stores in my area in NW CT. The closest retailer is either NYC or Dedham MA. Hence, I purchased the mattress completely sight unseen, without a test trial. I have learned that the set up and delivery fee is non refundable. Nowhere in the ordering process was this highlighted, underscored or emphasized or stated to me.

I spoke with one of the Casper supervisors named Julia who was adamant and unyielding stating that 'It has been completed' and 'was a service rendered' and that she would 'funnel' this information over to her team to make ‘our language’ more ‘explicit.’ This is just ridiculous. They have all the ostensible bells and whistles of being a lovely company but when it comes right down to it, the customer service is as hard and unyielding and disappointing as is your firm 4 layer mattress. They have lost a customer as well as a source of a positive reference. I hope they enjoy my $150!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We live in Canada. My son recently bought a Casper mattress and sent me a referral discount that he got from Casper for $75.00. If I used this referral discount when buying another Casper mattress he would receive a $65 Amazon gift card. I tried to buy a Casper mattress using the link that they had sent him in an email, and it said that the discount would be applied at check-out. It was not, so I did not follow through on the purchase. Instead I emailed Casper support and explained the situation. They did not bother to read the email they had sent my son offering the referral that I had forwarded with my inquiry.

They responded that I could get 10% off as a referral discount (much better than the $75 offered through my son) and that he would get a $75 Amazon gift card. Great - until they found out I was a Canadian. Then it was back to, "Sorry, no $75 gift card - that's for U.S. customers only" - but they would still give me the 10% discount that they offer their U.S. customers. I don't like being treated like a second class citizen of the U.S. when I am a first class citizen of the great country of Canada. I bought a Canadian mattress online from a Canadian retailer called Endy. It was cheaper (even with the discount Casper offered) and gets better reviews.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Bought the Casper about 2.5 years ago, and it's been sagging for the last 8 months or so. I called to see what the company can do, and they won't replace it or give me a partial refund under the warranty. I've got a solid bed base underneath and only weigh 170 pounds, so I'm not sure what else to say besides the foam doesn't last.

The only way they'll replace your bed is if it sags an inch or more without any weight on it. I'm not sure I've ever seen a mattress that has sagged that bad that wasn't left out in the rain so if you're not happy with your bed, give it back before the trial period. Although mine stayed firm through the trial so I'd say maybe look elsewhere anyway.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

We initially had a nice experience with the Casper salespeople at our mall (they have a storefront). We had some difficulty with the "white glove" delivery service - giving us a delivery date - I wait all day - no delivery. Was told the delivery was canceled and the mattress taken off the truck??? A couple of days later, it was finally delivered.

Thank goodness for the 100-night guarantee. After sleeping on it for almost 2 months, I wake up with numbness in my fingers that takes hours to dissipate. (I am a side sleeper.) However, I do give the company a thumbs up. They have arranged to have the mattress picked up and they did not give me an argument. The Wave was just too firm for me.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Very clever and convincing marketing, but the product does not live up to the hype. The pillow is too soft and my head sunk in all the way to the mattress first night. This is after allowing the pillow to loft up. I returned the Casper and bought a $10 Serta pillow from Walmart. That is infinitely more comfortable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Casper Mattress?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I purchased a Casper King Mattress about 1 1/2 years ago. It was wonderful at first. I loved sinking into the gel memory foam, it was like sleeping on a cloud. But gradually my hip and back began to ache. I wasn't sure at first if it was the bed or just my body aging. Funny thing was, when we traveled or went camping the pain went away. Back home on the Casper, the aching and pain came back.

My diagnosis was scoliosis, which I guess I always had, but the Casper (or any gel foam memory mattress) made it worse, not enough support for my body. My Orthopedic Dr. said she had not personally heard good things about the Memory Foam Mattresses from her patients, but that they are so new to the mass market it will take time to determine if they offer enough support for the body long term. As for me, going back to the tried and true, a firm coil mattress. Hopefully the pain will go away. Goodbye Casper, but I have to hand it to you, your marketing is great. I'd buy one if I didn't know better.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

My Casper story began over a month ago. I tried out the very expensive king-sized Wave mattress at a pop-up store, got home and ordered it online. Since we bought the Wave (and the foundation), it came with a white glove delivery service. We opted for this but the soonest Casper's 3rd party delivery co. could schedule it was for 3 weeks after I purchased the mattress/foundation. It was all good. We'd wait. Well, today was D day (delivery day). When you order this service, you are supposed to get a call or text the night before with a deliver time "window" - as well as a call 30 minutes before delivery. That call never came last night and never came today.

This morning, I went online to the dashboard and saw that the mattress would be delivered between 3-7 pm. By late morning, I checked again (again, no call or text) and the timeframe has been changed to 2-5. No worries - my husband and I was anticipating our new bed and stayed home all afternoon waiting. By 3:30, I called the delivery co. and they said the bed would be here by 4 pm. By 5 pm, no bed was here. I called back and was told my delivery was "canceled" and that a driver showed up and no one was home. That was a flat-out lie.

I called the Casper store and toll-free number. After several apologies no one could explain what happened or offer to get us a bed delivered. They instead offered to give my husband "gas money" for driving to the store and picking up the mattress and foundation (no option for removal of our other king bed and box spring.). We instead returned the bed that we never received - 3 weeks after plunking down $3,000 on my credit card. This is far and away the WORST customer service we have ever experienced. I would NEVER recommend this company or their beds. Shame on you Casper!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I have long passed the 100 days trial window and wish I hadn't. After the first few weeks, I already noticed the lack of firmness - as I am a belly sleeper and I require a firm bed so my back doesn't feel bent the next morning. Sure, it's not a bad mattress but it certainly IS NOT WORTH the heavy price tag. I would sink into the memory foam and feel my back bending inwardly throughout the night, so I would find myself tossing and turning. I'm only 5'4 and weigh 118lbs, so let's keep the weight out of the equation.

I think the makers at Casper need to clarify that this bed IS NOT recommended for back or belly sleepers. A mattress totaling $1000 is a very steep purchase and people ought to know BOTH SIDES behind the overly hyped Casper. Quite frankly, I was crazy ecstatic when I first got the package, although now I regret believing it was the best mattress on the market. So please people, if you plan to test it out for yourselves, and if by 80-some days you're still not satisfied, RETURN IT AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I have had insomnia for DECADES. I just assumed it was job stress, etc. I do have RLS, a bad knee, bad hip and bad back. I have no idea why I never considered the fact that my mattress was partly to blame. I had looked at various mattresses and felt overwhelmed. Finally, I decided to just order the Casper. If it didn't work, I could always send it back. I SLEEP. I ACTUALLY SLEEP. I wake with little to no pain. I am shocked that a mattress has had this effect. I did have a Tempurpedic mattress topper on my old mattress. I thought that would be sufficient. I guess I was so wrong. I can't say enough about how well I sleep. Might I have gotten a good night's sleep with another mattress out there, maybe, but what I do know is that this has been fantastic. I should have done it ages ago.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

We purchased a Casper mattress 3 years ago. The mattress was great for the first 6 months... And has gradually lost all support since then. Now, after 3 years, the mattress is basically unusable. My wife and I both have terrible lower back pain every night. I have tried working with Casper customer service, but they refuse to help. Terrible, dishonest company. Poor quality mattress. DO NOT BUY FROM CASPER!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I hate to say it but, I'm disappointed in my Casper Wave. I replaced a Stearns & Foster with the Casper due to the fact that the S&F was beginning to sag after 2 years of use. The Casper Wave was comfortable at first but after 6 months, I began to realize just how firm and uncomfortable it really was. I've had it for over a year now and it's like sleeping on the floor. I toss and turn throughout the night because my body starts aching from the stiffness. I go to bed 9 hours before needing to be awake knowing I won't sleep well and will need extra time in bed to compensate. I've spent nearly $2,500 on a mattress that is just worthless.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

My chest skin burns and I have developed a cough, etc., all signs of Cor Pulmonale, which all which started after we purchased the mattress. Sleeping in the guest room makes a big difference, and why I am positive it is the mattress. In addition to other causes, this is believe to be why the mattress caused it: "...Conditions that decrease how much your chest expands, such as obesity or scoliosis..." This can be a fatal condition and must be noted and the public warned.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Wish I had read the review below before I made my purchase but sadly, I bought my mattress over a year ago (2017). I didn't want to keep the mattress after 30 days of sleeping on it but my wife seemed to enjoy it and she said let's give it a few more days... I relented and eventually, we kept it past the trial period. Now, we both hate it! Spent $1150 for a mattress that didn't last a year. Worst buy ever... Read the reviews on Amazon and other sites that sell them - horrible experiences... I think you are better off going the traditional in-store purchase route when it comes to mattresses. Posting this everywhere I can because I was up at 3:30 am because my mattress sucks! Now I spend most nights on the couch, just can't stand this mattress!!! Uncomfortable, hurts my back and smells...

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Casper Mattress is firm, very unsupportive, and we sleep terribly & wake up achy. I'm a side-sleeper and I don’t sink in enough and am not supported in any area. It feels like we're sleeping on a board. Unfortunately, by the time the bed became really uncomfortable, we were past the trial period & I don’t know that it would have qualified for a warranty claim. After four years of sleepless & painful nights on the Casper, we are replacing it. I can’t wait to get a good night's rest on a non-Casper Mattress!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I heard a lot of positive reviews on Casper mattresses. Ended up going to the Casper store in Bloomington MN. Was happy with the bed and the service so we purchased one. When it arrived and we set it up, it ended up being more firm than I remember. We gave it 2 more weeks and ended up returning it due to it being a little too firm for us (more me). Even though we returned it, I still give them 5 stars! Here’s why: it’s still a great mattress for someone who prefers a bit of a more firmer mattress. I just happen to prefer a softer mattress.

The service is remarkable. Ours was delivered within 3 days. No questions asked when requested to return. They thanked us for giving them a try. They come and pick it up. Totally painless return. And the fact that we seem to be the only people to not end up absolutely loving it, I’m thinking it’s us that has something wrong, not the mattress :-). Would recommend it to anyone. Nothing to lose since so easy to return. If they ever make a soft mattress, I’ll be the first in line to try it again! Thank you!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I'm really disappointed in Casper Mattress. I paid to have them drop off my mattress on a designated day and to collect my old mattress. When they arrived they informed me they could drop off the new mattress but wouldn't be able to take my old mattress (leaving me with a large and cumbersome mattress in my small flat) and expecting me to wait in another day. They said they would come back 'later in the week at some point' so I refused to take the mattress. When I rang Casper they were really unhelpful and when I finally spoke to the manager he laughed and said it was 'a bummer' that I would have to take another day off of work to wait in. When I said I expected them to reimburse me for my extra time he questioned how often I have to work. If you value your time I wouldn't recommend.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Feels good on my back. I sleep well at night with how firm and comfortable. It is a mattress that everyone must have in their home. Get the best sleep with this mattress.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We ordered a king size mattress and waited for almost a month for it to deliver. When it delivered, it was a queen mattress. Not a king. We sent the mattress back with the drivers and they told us Casper will send us the correct size right away. I immediately called Casper after the drivers left to let them know and they said they will contact the shipping company to send the correct size. I took work off just to wait for the delivery too.

A week later, I called again to double check when the correct king mattress will deliver. The representative had NO notes in her system regarding a new mattress or the fact that we sent the wrong size back! There was NO follow up and NOTHING regarding the mistake! We asked for Casper to give us some sort of discount, but they only offered to deduct the $100 shipping cost out of our $2,300 purchase. Are you kidding me, that's it? We were so frustrated we canceled our order and wasted 2 months. We ordered a BEAR Hybrid mattress instead (that's a lot cheaper by the way) and love it! Their shipping was seamless and their customer service was great. Thanks for nothing Casper.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I've had my Casper King size mattress for 4 years now and it hasn't let us down yet! Customer service treats you like family and answer anything you care to ask them. Cannot beat the price nor the warranty.

Original review: May 30, 2018

The foam compressed where we slept and soon there was a big hump in the middle of the bed. It was too soft and did not hold its form. Casper offered a 100 money back but I did not use the mattress that much the first 4 months. Then it was too late.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Purchased a king size mattress from Casper around August 6, 2016. Slept on it during 90 trial period. This was the best sleeping mattress my wife and I have ever sleep on, and has been till recently. Both of us have been waking up with severe back pain. Contacted Casper. Was very helpful and nice but no help. Wanted me to send pictures of mattress without sheet which I did. Then asked me to send pics with a 15 pound weight on various places. I did know they want pictures of bed frame. The mattress is still firm in the middle and softer where we sleep. Don’t buy a $1000 mattress that only last a couple of years and especially if they are not willing to do something to make it correct. All I want is the mattress we started out on. Not this piece of junk it turned into. Getting ready to go out and spend another $1000 to get a mattress locally. What a shame and waste of money.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I am happy with the product and will continue referring friends and family. I have owned mine for 5 years and will buy a new one in two more years. When we purchased our mattress we decide the that we would buy our children one each also as they are due for new mattress.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I just purchased A Casper Mattress. It is the best thing I have ever done for myself! For the first time in over two years I got out of bed this morning with absolutely no back pain. I truly cannot get over this. I’ve had spinal shots medication everything you could think of, and the best thing I ever did was buy A Casper Mattress. If you have back problems and hip problems like I do please go out and get a Casper Mattress and I swear you will be the happiest person alive because back pain and hip pain is very hard to live with. Thank you to Casper Mattress. You’ve made one person here and I’m sure many, many others very happy.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I am very disappointed on how Casper has handled my order. I ordered 4 XL twin mattresses with the metal frames and foundations but instead received 2 XL mattresses and 2 queen mattresses with wrong foundations and metal frames. Casper customer service was notified and did not provide a resolution. Casper instructed me to repurchase mattresses online and to return all the wrong items.

I explained that I did not want spend another $3000 and possibly get another botched order. To further make matters worse, Casper could not find a contractor to pick up wrong mattresses and expected me to wait until who knows when! Which is frustrating because the refund won't be applied until after items are picked up. An exchange would have been acceptable but Casper instead directed me to purchase again! I was then told that the 100 day return trial would not apply to any new items I purchased per Casper's policy. I expected a simple exchange and ended up with a disaster! I'm still waiting to hear from Casper for my refund.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

The mattress is not built sturdy. I can feel it when my husband moves at all, even if he is just scratching his arm! It's hard to get a good night's sleep! Due to a surgery on my inner ear, I called 32 past the 100-night trial and I am SOL. The Casper rep told me they recommend their foundation so that would be another $300. She advised me to put a bunkie board (plywood like board) between my mattress and box spring and this would help temporarily. Now I'm back to my college years of sleeping on plywood! If a different foundation is required: Why is it not included? or, at the very least, Why are customers not advised of this issue before purchasing? I will try this but I am definitely not happy! What a waste of $1,200.00! I will NOT be recommending this mattress to anyone! ORDER #**. Placed 09/09/2017. SHIPPED Via UPS. The Casper. Size: King Quantity: 1. $1,150.00.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Last month, my mother needed a new mattress because she suffers from back pain. I purchased the Wave mattress and 2 pillows on 11/26/2017. On 11/28, XPO contacted me to schedule a delivery for Sunday 12/3 and it has been an ongoing nightmare. My delivery was rescheduled to 12/5, then 12/6, then 12/7, and then 12/8. They even sent an empty truck to my house on 12/6 saying they were there for a pickup and not a delivery. I wanted to handle and escalate the matter with XPO, but they've been unprofessional throughout the entire process. Their employees have hung up on me several times, screamed at me, and even complained how they have to work overtime during the holidays.

On 12/7, I decided to reach out to Casper's social media team but they deleted my comment as well as another customer complaint. I received a DM asking me how Casper can help and that was it. There was no response to my answer, no follow up, and that was the end of it. I finally decided to call Casper and have my issue escalated with a manager. Casper ended up sending me a replacement on 12/08 via UPS overnight because XPO probably lost my order. I finally received the mattress on 12/12, but UPS doesn't provide white glove service and now the Wave mattress is still in the box untouched. On Friday, December 15th, I saw another customer having the same delivery issue as me and I responded to him. Casper's social media team deleted both of our comments on Sunday 12/17 with no outreach.

I am still not done with whole situation, they have been calling me almost every day to schedule a non-existent Casper delivery. I've told them several times that Casper contacted them to cancel my order but I guess not. They also provided me with a complimentary pick up for all the inconvenience they've cause but, of course, it was rescheduled and will probably never happen. My whole entire journey with Casper has been a true nightmare. I understand this entire situation was mostly XPO's fault, but this a company that Casper chose to work with to deliver their products. I was so excited for my mother to try out their mattress and pillows. I also wanted to purchase another two if she liked it. I hope Casper's improves their service and customer experience. They have great products and I truly hope the customer experience will match it one day.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Very Unsatisfied with delivery service, heard 3 different delivery days for delivery, and nothing yet, no one will return calls, just full of excuses. WILL NOT RECOMMEND TO ANY OF MY FRIENDS!!!

Original review: May 30, 2017

I received some recommendations from friends and family as to Casper Mattress’ quality. I then looked for more information online and more reviews and was further convinced by professional reviews. I like the fact that Casper mattresses are affordable and that they fit my bed perfectly compared to other brand I use. They seem to reflect the perfect reviews I noticed. I feel as if there is not much to improve as they seem to take a lot of care in making it a perfect project the first time with no real issues.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I liked Casper Mattress' reputation and I've seen celebrities endorse their bedding and mattresses. I'm always willing to try a new product out and see how it works for me. It is extremely soft and comfortable to sleep on. I like the texture and feel. I also like the plushness of the sheets and bedding. However, I would like to see the bedding come in more color palettes. Right now they are limited to only a few select colors. They could improve their business if they worked on this.

Original review: May 21, 2017

The Casper Mattress are good, and nice. It is very comfortable to sleep; warm and cozy during the day and night as always. It is doing the job that I want for my bed whenever I want to lay on it. It is perfect than any other brands if it is doing the jobs for customers. But this bedding are not be torn when sleep for many years and always maintain in a good condition.

Casper Mattress questions and answers

What problem is Casper trying to solve?
    Casper is reinventing sleep from the ground up. A vertically-integrated consumer experience, Casper designed its award-winning mattress, sells through its beautiful website, delivers in a small box straight to your door, and provides outstanding customer support every step of the way. Why is shopping for a mattress such an expensive, unsexy, and exhausting ordeal? You spend a third of your life in bed — Casper believes you should enjoy every second of it. Casper has struck a chord with consumers who are looking for an innovative product, disruption of an archaic industry, and the best night’s sleep of their lives.
    What sets Casper apart from the competition?
    Casper is changing consumer behavior by eliminating the middle man and shipping its critically acclaimed mattress straight to your door, at a third of the cost. To overcome the myth of the showroom, the bed comes with a 100-night home trial. If you don’t love the Casper, we will send someone to pick it up for donation and provide a full refund. Happily, nearly everyone loves their Casper!
    What needs does your product fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    Casper has reinvented the mattress buying experience by offering a direct-to-consumer, one-model-sleeps-all product. The Casper mattress is a singular design, universally comfortable, and engineered in-house by former IDEO designers to achieve the ideal point of form meeting function. The American-made, patent-pending sleep surface uses memory foam — so it sleeps cool, provides healthy bounce, and promotes ideal anatomic support.
    How does Casper measure success?
    At Casper we define success by creating an outrageously comfortable mattress, providing a memorable experience, and listening to feedback that allows us to learn and grow. Casper works hard to ensure we’re delivering brighter days, one good night’s sleep at a time.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
    Americans have been conditioned to falsely believe that a mattress must be bought in-person. Consumers are led around a crowded showroom by a commissioned salesman, forced to lie on beds for mere minutes, and upsold into a ridiculously marked-up purchase. How can you determine if a mattress will provide a great night’s sleep — and is truly comfortable — if you don’t bring it home and sleep on it first? You can’t, and that’s where Casper comes in.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
    Casper has struck a chord with consumers who are expecting more and more from the retail experience. The mattress industry hasn’t changed or progressed in years. They never needed to — the big mattress companies take outrageous margins and are all in bed together. Casper is disrupting a tired industry from the bed up.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about Casper?
    Casper strives to provide the customer experience that you dream about. Between tweeting to consumers at 2am to calling UPS on their behalf to figure out shipment issues, Casper goes above and beyond the standard call of duty to ensure that every experience is a memorable one. Our team is a small, close knit, group who work alongside each other to ensure the Casper experience is a seamless one.
    Has your business received any awards or recognition?
    Crunchie Award Winner - Best E-Commerce, 2015
    Business Insider - 14 Startups You Should Watch, 2015
    Business Insider - 16 Hottest Startups, 2014
    Internet Retailer - Hot 100, 2014
    CNN - Spotlight on Innovation, 2014
    How has Casper grown or evolved?
    Casper generated $1 million in revenue in the first 28 days, and has grown month-over-month since our launch in April 2014. We launched international shipping to Canada in November 2014, and opened our second location in Los Angeles in February 2015. Casper was founded by five co-founders, but by early 2015, expanded its team to 40 — and we are still hiring!

Casper Mattress Company Information