2. Homeowners

Casper Mattress Reviews

Casper Mattress
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.32/5

Casper Mattress Reviews

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I bought a The Casper Mattress after reading good reviews saying this mattress is good for back sleepers and doesn't trap heat (two major concern that I had). At the end of the 110 days trial I noticed the mattress was softer than expected, but I thought it would stay like that. It was a big mistake not returning it! It's not five months yet, and it is so soft that I sink on it, no support for my back. I wake up with back pain everyday. And the open cell foam that the company says is used to let excess hot air escape, doesn't exist on mine- it's hot! I contacted the company to let them know, maybe the one I got is defective and the warranty could cover it. Not the case. If you are buying The Casper Mattress be careful, there is too much propaganda. Lots of people having the same problem.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

When I felt the mattress at the store for some reason it felt incredibly comfortable. Once delivered it was hard but I thought maybe it needed to be broken in. Unfortunately I have had it for a while ago and it's just as horribly uncomfortable and I have constant neck pain that I never had until this mattress. I have bought mattress pads and I am still in pain every single day from my shoulder being pushed into my body every night. I can't wait for the day that I can get a new (real) mattress! It's just a fancy marketing scheme. Save your money!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

If you try to return a Casper product they lie and give you the run around for 4 or 5 times not letting the actual return happen, so you are not able to get your money back. I wasted hours on the phone.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

We purchased The Casper in a king size. It felt good for the first couple of months but I do realize now that it is just too hard. I am a woman, 5'6", 130 lbs. I like a firm mattress for sure, but this just does not have the soft top layer my bones seem to need. I am sorry to say the trial period has passed and I have to get rid of it and purchase a new mattress!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I was experiencing back pain with my old mattress, which I knew I needed to replace. Casper was pretty highly rated by Consumer Reports in my price range so I bought it. I liked it at first and didn't return it within the 100 days. Now, six months later, I've never experienced daily back pain as I am now. I am active, have not been injured, and am slender, so I know it isn't me. It's this mattress!! I truly, truly regret having bought it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Casper Mattress?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I purchased a Casper mattress from Costco a couple of months ago and the discomfort is worse with every passing day. Horrible leg pains and sciatic nerve pain that I've never had before. Run away from this awful company and their hard as a brick mattresses. They spend all their money on ads, not their product or customer service.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I bought the entire setup from Casper from the bed frame, foundation and mattress. Upon delivery and set up by their 3rd party service I was informed that the support beams in the middle of the foundation were too short. I called immediately and was asked to take pictures and send the to Casper support. I did and shortly after received an email thanking me for supplying the pictures. I was told that within 2-3 business days I would receive word on how they would resolve this issue. In the meantime I was not to sleep on the bed.

Four days later I called because I had heard nothing. I was informed that the order was on hold and had not been entered. When I complained support told me they would transfer me to the refund department so I could ask for a refund. This is customer service? I want my support beams! Two pieces of 2x6 boards that would take no time to send out and replace the wrong ones delivered. Casper’s service is pathetic. The manager of the store I bought it from told me his hands were tied by corporate and he couldn’t help me. I’ll never buy another product from this pathetic, worthless poor excuse for an American company. They stink and will never see me again. Do not buy from this company!

Original review: July 25, 2019

We tried the mattress out, too soft for me, too firm for my wife, so we compromised and bought two different twin XLs instead. We returned the mattress and they picked it up, promised refund very soon. Months later, I check the AMEX, no refund... wife calls up and they "send the refund out right then". Refund is suddenly in the account within a few days. Get a strong feeling that this company only refunds you if you call up and complain. Seems shady.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Bought a King Mattress at Casper for $1400 and I received a confirmation email with order number and details of the purchase. A week later I tried to find the status of my order and it's an impossible mission. If you call them, they will keep you on hold forever, with a recording that tries to convince you to try chatting or sending them an email instead. I tried to "chat with a human" on their website and before you do so you have to click on the options of why you need to chat with them. I chose to ask about my purchase, and was directed nowhere, chat closed and received an email reply saying "unable to deliver message".

So I tried again and had to trick them and chose instead the option of "I'm interested in your products" and immediately someone replied and started chatting with me. In the meantime, I was still holding over the phone for someone to answer my call. I asked the chat guy about my mattress and he said it would be ready for shipping in a week, maybe. He explained "It's been extremely hectic these last few weeks, but it looks like the smoke is beginning to clear, if you catch my drift".

While chatting with him a lady finally answered my call and I asked her the same question. She said it was ready for shipping and just waiting for UPS to come and pick it up, but since it's Friday it would probably be picked up on Monday. Important to mention that I see the "ready for shipping" status on my account for several days now. So I asked the chat guy why is the lady over the phone saying it will ship on Monday while he is telling me it will not be ready for another week or so. He replied "Do you need someone to vent to or are you going to hear me out? Because this information is pretty reliable".

After that, he closed the chat abruptly and the Chat App did not gave the option of saving the conversation. Good thing I copied it before it was closed in case it happened. Now I am worried about my purchase. Was it a mistake? They give a 100 day free trial free return policy. I bet anything it would be a PAIN to try and return it if I am not satisfied with it.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Casper is a badly run business with horrible customer service and no sense of timeliness. I ordered a Casper Twin XL mattress on a recommendation from a friend; thus began two weeks of me interacting with an absurdly terrible organization. First of all, they did not provide a tracking number for my initial order. After one week without a mattress, I hounded them for an update, only to find out that they "lost" my shipment. They assured me that another one would be on the way and that a supervisor would reach out to me to rectify to situation. Needless to say, that never happened – not only did my shipment get delayed for another week, no supervisor was willing to work with me to adequately compensate me for my poor experience. I was told that this was a "regular occurrence" and has happened "quite a bit lately" (these are direct quotes from my phone conversations, by the way).

Overall, my experience with Casper was entirely terrible. In the end, the only thing I got was a full refund, an additional $75 credit, and 4 hours full of headaches talking to inept phone representatives that I will never get back. It's been more than 15 days since I've had proper sleep now, and it's all thanks to Casper's disgusting incompetence. I will never, ever recommend Casper to anyone else, and if they don't shape up, it won't take them too long to run themselves into the ground where they belong.

Casper Mattress Company Information