2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.52/5
Save 10% on your mattress*
*Partner terms and conditions apply.

Casper has multiple mattress options, materials and sleep-inducing features. While Casper’s mattresses can be a little more expensive than other companies’ mattresses, most Casper customers report sleeping better, waking up more refreshed and feeling more productive during the day. Its website is easy to use, and its customer support team makes ordering a new mattress simple.

Casper Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Casper Mattress?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Casper Mattress?

Original review: April 26, 2020

Had this bed for a year. So far bed is fine. Holding up very well. Stays cool. Moves well with your movement. Very comfortable. Mattress came out of box easily and opened up and puffed up well. I have had other people sleep on this bed and get nothing but good remarks about it.

Original review: April 18, 2020

Way too soft. I own a $1000 queen size Casper mattress. It is dangerous to sleep in...everything hurts after 1 night in it...I should of replaced it when I had the chance....I want my money back..Is there a recall on the queen size casper?

Original review: March 9, 2020

I trusted Consumer Reports, but I should have known that a "comfort level" of 7 was going to be too soft. Figured I'd try it since I had like 100 days to give it a shot. It worked pretty well for the 100 days. Now, six months later, I am in absolute agony any night I sleep on it. Yes, I'm 6'4" and weigh 260 pounds. So, I'm a big guy. I think smaller people might find it just fine. But, frankly, I've now tried Casper and Tempurpedic - the Tempur was ok, and lasted much longer, but there's no way I'm paying $25,000 every 3-4 years. I finally went back to a good old fashioned spring loaded bed - firm, Simmons (great because of the individual coils). Talked them down on the price to about $475. No more back issues. Just buy an old fashioned spring bed and make sure it's firm. All these new foam and gel mattresses are a gimmick. I'm sure they're nice for some people. But if you have back issues, don't do it.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

After paying $600 for the Essential Casper mattress, I had to return it after a month. I had awful back and shoulder pain because of how hard the mattress was. They have a 100 trial period, so no big deal, right? Nope. After weeks of coordinating with a charity they put me in contact with to pick-up the mattress, which included incidents of them not providing a time period of pick-up then coming at incorrect times, I finally got my return processed. Well, SOME of my return. $100 was put onto a non-rechargeable gift card (despite me telling them NOT to do that). The best part is that THEY threw away the gift card at the store.

I've been going back and forth with them for weeks, begging for the full card number so I can redeem it, store-credit, cashback, ANY HELP. They refuse. Now I'm out $100, their only consolation was that they'll tell their store employees not to throw away gift cards next time...You're better off getting a mattress from Amazon (which is what I did). Cheaper, more comfortable and they won't SCAM you.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

My husband and I were extremely excited and anxious for our new bed. I am five months pregnant with our first child and our old mattress had terrible support. When we shopped at the store we had all the confidence in the world that we were buying a reputable product and that they would deliver and assemble our new bed with complete satisfaction. We were so happy with our purchase of what we had selected that we overlooked the fact that they told us 2-3 weeks for delivery. That's a LONG TIME especially for a pregnant woman with back pain to wait.

We got the best of the best adjustable pro frame and wave mattress. We waited what may have been over three weeks with poor communication for setting up our delivery. Finally it was delivery day and my husband was told by the delivery men that they had no idea they were supposed to install and remove our old mattress. This was incredibly unacceptable. They then proceeded to put the bed together and did it COMPLETELY incorrectly and when my husband questioned them they said “this is option 2. We do this all the time.” There is NO option 2. They rushed and left and my husband. Called the store manager to get clarification on the situation. He was told that they would be sending a tech right out.

Two hours later my husband still stuck at home waiting on his only day off of the week and still no one or no call back. He calls again and is told they are working on it. Another few hours go by and it's now 4pm. My husband’s whole day ruined and they tell him they can not send anyone. He is then instructed to remove the frame that they improperly installed and sleep on the mattress on our old frame. This was not something anyone could do alone nor should he have been asked to do such a thing. The frame must weigh over 300 pounds at least. Needless to say my husband tried his best because he knew with me being pregnant I would not be able to sleep on the floor or couch.

In the process of trying he damaged our wooden headboard. We needed to call for help and my parents who live 40 minutes away and my father who has a bad back were the only people who could help. Thank god they are handy and we didn’t have to go to a hotel. My husband then called corporate completely furious that he had been lied to all day and that it came down to them telling us that there was nothing they could do. Corporate was apologetic and told us they couldn’t promise anything but would be in touch tomorrow. They advised us to move the frame that was assembled incorrectly to the side and they would send someone out as soon as they could.

The next day they tell my husband that no one could be out for two more weeks! But they credited us $150. Unreal! Buyers beware! If you think you will be receiving a professional delivery and install DO NOT BE FOOLED. They use a 3rd party company and have TERRIBLE communication with them and us. If you love the product and have to have it then I seriously recommend setting up your own installation and prepare yourself for a long waited delivery. This is not a cheap product and nor should that matter. No one should have to deal with such incompetence or indecency in customer service.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I have purchased King size mattress from Casper on 6/26/2017. It has been less than 3 years which is within the warranty period (10 years). The mattress that I bought is defective and bent or more than an inch on the left side. This matter resulted in severe neck and back pain to my husband. I called to complain first on . to inform the company, but they advised me to keep rotating the mattress, which I was already doing. The matter with the pain kept getting worse by time passing by, to the point that my husband wakes up several times during his sleep from the pain. We even tried to switch sides, and I personally end waking up with the same pain he is suffering from.

I started emailing the company once more, trying to find a solution. The representative answer back at first by denying any possible relation to their product with my husband's pain, "which only happens while he is sleeping.” I simply asked him to send an inspector to check it; his answer was they could not send an inspector and just send pictures. I started to send pictures to the best I can since I am not a professional. Then he replied that he wants to see the box underneath the mattress. I responded by sending additional pictures as requested.

The representative language showed nothing but trying to find a way not to take responsibility. Stating: The boxes used are not our company’s box. Meanwhile, I am using the same type of boxes across the rooms in my house. He advised me that the warranty only covers when the bent is more than 1 inch, which I sent him updated pictures. I decided to reply back and copying the cofounder of the company hoping that someone would take responsibility and offer a solution. I was simply asking for a replacement for the defective mattress. I urge you to look into the matter, as this issue is becoming a health issue at this point. And the company is denying and rejecting all responsibilities.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

A few months after purchasing a Casper Mattress and their protective mattress cover, I began to notice that the ends or corners were curling upwards. Their support asked if I was following washing instructions and I was. Thereafter, a new mattress cover was sent to me. The problem persisted and I was told next that the actual bed cover (not the mattress cover sold separately) likely needed to be replaced. I replaced the cover with a new one they sent and the problem continued.

Changing that cover is no easy task either because of how much the mattress weighs and how bulky it is, it requires two able bodied people. Their support team refuses to accept that their product fails to keep a normal flat shape. It is ridiculous to accept looking at a mattress that I paid $1200 for that curls at the corners like Aladdin The Genie's shoes. Casper has washed their hands of it and refuse to do anything more than offer replacement covers which has already proven to be ineffective. Do yourself a favor, buy from a company that stands behind their product and offers outstanding customer support, that would not be Casper!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

Don't Buy a Casper. It's the worst. My husband and I bought a Casper Cal King a year ago due to its Bed in a Box campaign (my husband loves trying new concepts). Ever since sleeping on the Casper I've been experiencing discomfort with neck, shoulder and lower back pain, for a year. I've purchased pillows thinking my pillow needed replacing (it did to accommodate what Casper lacks). I now sleep with a pillow under my legs (to accommodate what Casper lacks) only to experience pillow tricks provide temporary relief. I've bought several bed mattresses and box springs (Stearns & Foster, Sealy) over my lifetime (college, marriage, moves, water damage from leak) with all beds providing positive sleep outcomes Except Casper. Hope this review is helpful. I'm hoping I haven't compromised my back.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

We spent over $2300 on a Casper Cal King mattress, sheets and covers. Casper delivered the wrong mattress and now they are dodging us - won't respond to emails - won't respond to phone calls. What on earth are we supposed to do?! File a police report?! Casper is a scam. Once they get your money you are on your own. 3 weeks after purchasing and I still don't have the mattress I ordered and paid for or the duvet cover I ordered and paid for. There should be a class action lawsuit against this company. This is honestly outrageous.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

We got this bed about 2 days ago and were pretty excited about it. It came pretty fast and that was about the only good thing about it. We tried to assemble the bed and one of the screws would just not fit correctly. No matter what we did it just would not fit. We solved this problem. Next, we setup up the electronics and everything was great. The mattress was awesome. Everything worked great for about 10 minutes. The power supply short circuited and the bed was basically dead. At the time, we thought maybe our powerstrip was defective so we put some batteries in the power supply and still a no go. Later on, we noticed a burning smell and realized the battery was heating up in the power supply. If we didn't catch this, there could have been a fire. So we called Casper to get a replacement and oh boy did they give us the runaround.

They told us if we wanted a replacement we would have to have someone come to our house to inspect the bed before they could send a replacement. So basically we would have to wait over 2 weeks or more just to get a replacement adjustable pro when it wasn't even our fault that this happened. This is disappointing. I expected better customer service and better craftsmanship from a respected company. I expected them to understand enough to send a replacement and then take the defective frame away to figure out what was wrong with it. This was what I expected and I did and it was a reasonable expectation. The mattress itself is pretty amazing but the customer service and the adjustable pro was well below par. I would not recommend the adjustable pro from my experience and I despise their customer service.

Casper Mattress Company Information