4.50/5

Need a good mattress?

Brentwood Home

Brentwood Home is an online company that specializes in the sales and service of made-to-order mattresses. Brentwood Home sells various mattress styles from your standard spring mattresses to gel and memory foam based beds. In addition to mattresses, Brentwood Home also sells premium bedding and pillows as well as beds specifically suited for your canine companion. Because mattresses are made at the time of your order, Brentwood Home offers an extensive warranty package to ensure the life, quality and comfort of your new mattress.

Need a good mattress?

32 Brentwood Home Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

24 hours after ordering mattress I began receiving over a dozen robocalls per day, unabated for over a month. Contacted Avocado who stated that basically they didn’t care. If you love robocalls, buy this mattress....but you can probably get more robocalls for less than $1700.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I ordered from Amazon. Description of mattress was directly from company's website. Stated medium feel. This is not true. It is hard as a rock. The corners of the mattress never filled up. They are sagging and I have only had this for 4 days. Also Brentwood will not honor their warranty if you buy from 3rd party but they get the money when you buy one. Not impressed with this company.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I will say that when I initially bought my bed, I was very happy, happy with the experience. I've had a couple of issue since and have contacted customer service several (at least 7 times) to assist me. The agent always promises to have someone call me back and no one ever does. I did have a supervisor call me back ONCE and missed the called - try to contact her, left at last three messages. NO RESPONSE! That is awful customer service! I was thinking I would buy a couple more beds when I moved into my home, but at this point I will never purchase another product from this company. Unfortunately, I've told so many friends what a great company - I will be updating them on the current situation. Very upset!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Brentwood products are made in America and they also offer the inner spring and the memory foam combination. I purchased the Oceano box spring the mattress but the mattress wasn't level. I contacted them and I'm going to send it back and exchange it for a new one. But besides that, it's a nice and amazing mattress.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I've read a few reviews online and Brentwood had a nice website so I just went for it. I purchased an Oceano Mattress however, the mattress was very uncomfortable for us. It was too soft and the edge support was really bad. I ended up not keeping the mattress and I didn't get any runaround when I returned it. They were very, very cordial and very helpful. Brentwood's customer service team was fantastic. It seemed like a great company but it didn't work out for me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brentwood Home?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I'm 61 and I had a three-year nightmare and it never occurred to me to buy a bed online. When you go to the store, you lie on the bed for five minutes and you buy the bed. But that's wrong. Beds are not even made the same anymore. Also, the five minutes you lie on the bed is not enough to determine if the bed is good. There are people walking around and you don't want to lie there and take a nap so anything feels good. I could lie down on the floor and it's okay for a few minutes. Sleeping on it however, is another experience.

When I bought a bed from Mattress Firm, I paid a little over $3,000 for it. That bed was like sleeping on a slab of concrete and the worst part was the soft part sagged. I could get up out of bed, strip the sheets off and you could see where I laid. And I'm not 400 pounds either but an average woman who sleeps by myself. I didn't have that bed for three months and there was this indentation and it was a nightmare trying to deal with them. That ended up being donated to charity.

Then I bought a memory foam and sleeping on it is like being in a hotdog bun. I don't turn over and it pushes or pulls against me. I'm trapped in this foam and it was miserable because I'd wake up numb on one side because I wasn't shifting position in the night. That was another expensive bed and they wouldn't return it either. So then I started looking online and there's a company called Saatva. I got a latex bed and a Latex pillow. I love latex pillows but the bed was not for me.

So through finding out about these online beds and the trials, Brentwood Home has a good reputation for customer service. They also had a 120 day trial period with free pick-up. I needed something plush but I needed it to be supportive and that's what the Oceano had. They showed pictures of the way it's constructed with the coils. The quality looked excellent and when it was delivered, it was gorgeous. This bed is prettier than the one I spent over $3,000 on and this one was half that.

I have contacted them since I've had it and expressed that it might be a little too plush. I asked what their recommendation was and asked about the Del Mar. The rep wrote back and told me I still got a lot of time. They sent me firm mattress topper instead and didn't charge me. I tried it for three nights and I didn't like it. They say it's firm but it's not. It's plush and that gave me that trapped in a hotdog bun feeling again so I took it off. I told them I didn't want to give the bed up. It's so pretty that I don't want to put sheets on it and it's well constructed. I don't have the numb spots on my shoulders and hips like I did before. So far my experience with Brentwood has been excellent and I know that they'll work with me.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Brentwood Home was offered on the website called the Sleep Circle. Their bed was supposed to be rated high for cooling factor. It was the features of the bed that played into my decision to purchase it. I received the bed after about five days. It was heavy but putting it together was easy. So far, it has been good. It’s a lot more comfortable than what I had, and I love it.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

We had been shopping for mattresses for a long time. We happened to go to Minneapolis where there's a store called Sherpa where they take all the mattress companies that sell online and put their products side by side so customers can check them out. That enabled us to try different mattresses and it's very cool. They had the Brentwood mattress there and it was the one that we liked the best. We purchased it online and so far, so good. Compared to other mattresses, Brentwood's price was great as far as the brick-and-mortar shopping was concerned. However, it was one of the spendier ones on the online shopping so we felt like we were spending a good amount for a good product, but we were fine with that in relation to the overall scheme of things. We're still testing the mattress and we're expecting to review it at the end of our 120-day trial period. But we really like it and at this point, we have recommended it to a friend.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I purchased a mattress from Brentwood Home because I liked the look of their mattress. I had also read the reviews and people were happy with them. However, it wasn't as comfortable as I thought and I wasn't happy with it so I returned it. The customer service was great during the product return.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I bought a new bed to get something that was better suited for my sleeping habits. I purchased the oceano mattress from Brentwood Home. I had brief interaction with their customer service team through email. They responded about 24 hours later. It wasn’t a totally detailed answer to my question but based upon the response and on my experience with the product, their answer was somewhat accurate. As expected, it took about two weeks before I receive the product and it was delivered by FedEx. The product has affected my sleep positively but that’s not saying a ton considering my previous mattress was terrible. It's softer but it's not too soft.

Compared to what might have been expected from the way it was advertised on their site, it’s not quite as soft as I would’ve expected. But, I find that not a bad thing. It has been very comfortable. It does take time to get used to it though. They advertise it for side sleepers. It works for side sleepers but it also works very well for back sleepers. It is certainly in between any of those than exclusively for side sleepers only.

Brentwood Home expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Brentwood Home is committed to providing natural, safe mattress and bedding products. Their mattresses and other products are made in the USA from eco-friendly materials.

• Natural materials: Brentwood Homes makes mattresses from natural materials that keep your bedding free of chemicals. These materials like bamboo and cotton are harvested to keep environmental impact low.

• Brentwood classic: Brentwood Home’s original mattress is the Brentwood classic. It is a foam mattress made from bamboo gel and New Zealand wool.

• Mattress options: In addition to Brentwood Home’s classic mattresses, the company also sells spring, latex and memory foam mattresses.

• Extra bedding options: You can complete your collection of Brentwood Home bedding sets with their gel memory foam or latex pillows. You can also purchase linen quilt and sheet sets.

• Crystal Cove yoga collection: Brentwood Home’s Crystal Cove yoga collection offers yoga and meditation pillows. You can buy them separately, or you can buy the whole set at a discount.

• Best for: people who prefer mattresses made from all-natural materials.

Profile picture of Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.
      Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Brentwood Home Company Information