4.46/5
  • 1 star
Based on 31 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Brentwood Home is an online company that specializes in the sales and service of made-to-order mattresses. Brentwood Home sells various mattress styles from your standard spring mattresses to gel and memory foam based beds. In addition to mattresses, Brentwood Home also sells premium bedding and pillows as well as beds specifically suited for your canine companion. Because mattresses are made at the time of your order, Brentwood Home offers an extensive warranty package to ensure the life, quality and comfort of your new mattress.

Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 3, 2017

31 Brentwood Home Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I ordered from Amazon. Description of mattress was directly from company's website. Stated medium feel. This is not true. It is hard as a rock. The corners of the mattress never filled up. They are sagging and I have only had this for 4 days. Also Brentwood will not honor their warranty if you buy from 3rd party but they get the money when you buy one. Not impressed with this company.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I will say that when I initially bought my bed, I was very happy, happy with the experience. I've had a couple of issue since and have contacted customer service several (at least 7 times) to assist me. The agent always promises to have someone call me back and no one ever does. I did have a supervisor call me back ONCE and missed the called - try to contact her, left at last three messages. NO RESPONSE! That is awful customer service! I was thinking I would buy a couple more beds when I moved into my home, but at this point I will never purchase another product from this company. Unfortunately, I've told so many friends what a great company - I will be updating them on the current situation. Very upset!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Brentwood products are made in America and they also offer the inner spring and the memory foam combination. I purchased the Oceano box spring the mattress but the mattress wasn't level. I contacted them and I'm going to send it back and exchange it for a new one. But besides that, it's a nice and amazing mattress.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I've read a few reviews online and Brentwood had a nice website so I just went for it. I purchased an Oceano Mattress however, the mattress was very uncomfortable for us. It was too soft and the edge support was really bad. I ended up not keeping the mattress and I didn't get any runaround when I returned it. They were very, very cordial and very helpful. Brentwood's customer service team was fantastic. It seemed like a great company but it didn't work out for me.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I'm 61 and I had a three-year nightmare and it never occurred to me to buy a bed online. When you go to the store, you lie on the bed for five minutes and you buy the bed. But that's wrong. Beds are not even made the same anymore. Also, the five minutes you lie on the bed is not enough to determine if the bed is good. There are people walking around and you don't want to lie there and take a nap so anything feels good. I could lie down on the floor and it's okay for a few minutes. Sleeping on it however, is another experience.

When I bought a bed from Mattress Firm, I paid a little over $3,000 for it. That bed was like sleeping on a slab of concrete and the worst part was the soft part sagged. I could get up out of bed, strip the sheets off and you could see where I laid. And I'm not 400 pounds either but an average woman who sleeps by myself. I didn't have that bed for three months and there was this indentation and it was a nightmare trying to deal with them. That ended up being donated to charity.

Then I bought a memory foam and sleeping on it is like being in a hotdog bun. I don't turn over and it pushes or pulls against me. I'm trapped in this foam and it was miserable because I'd wake up numb on one side because I wasn't shifting position in the night. That was another expensive bed and they wouldn't return it either. So then I started looking online and there's a company called Saatva. I got a latex bed and a Latex pillow. I love latex pillows but the bed was not for me.

So through finding out about these online beds and the trials, Brentwood Home has a good reputation for customer service. They also had a 120 day trial period with free pick-up. I needed something plush but I needed it to be supportive and that's what the Oceano had. They showed pictures of the way it's constructed with the coils. The quality looked excellent and when it was delivered, it was gorgeous. This bed is prettier than the one I spent over $3,000 on and this one was half that.

I have contacted them since I've had it and expressed that it might be a little too plush. I asked what their recommendation was and asked about the Del Mar. The rep wrote back and told me I still got a lot of time. They sent me firm mattress topper instead and didn't charge me. I tried it for three nights and I didn't like it. They say it's firm but it's not. It's plush and that gave me that trapped in a hotdog bun feeling again so I took it off. I told them I didn't want to give the bed up. It's so pretty that I don't want to put sheets on it and it's well constructed. I don't have the numb spots on my shoulders and hips like I did before. So far my experience with Brentwood has been excellent and I know that they'll work with me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brentwood Home?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Brentwood Home was offered on the website called the Sleep Circle. Their bed was supposed to be rated high for cooling factor. It was the features of the bed that played into my decision to purchase it. I received the bed after about five days. It was heavy but putting it together was easy. So far, it has been good. It’s a lot more comfortable than what I had, and I love it.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

We had been shopping for mattresses for a long time. We happened to go to Minneapolis where there's a store called Sherpa where they take all the mattress companies that sell online and put their products side by side so customers can check them out. That enabled us to try different mattresses and it's very cool. They had the Brentwood mattress there and it was the one that we liked the best. We purchased it online and so far, so good. Compared to other mattresses, Brentwood's price was great as far as the brick-and-mortar shopping was concerned. However, it was one of the spendier ones on the online shopping so we felt like we were spending a good amount for a good product, but we were fine with that in relation to the overall scheme of things. We're still testing the mattress and we're expecting to review it at the end of our 120-day trial period. But we really like it and at this point, we have recommended it to a friend.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I purchased a mattress from Brentwood Home because I liked the look of their mattress. I had also read the reviews and people were happy with them. However, it wasn't as comfortable as I thought and I wasn't happy with it so I returned it. The customer service was great during the product return.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I bought a new bed to get something that was better suited for my sleeping habits. I purchased the oceano mattress from Brentwood Home. I had brief interaction with their customer service team through email. They responded about 24 hours later. It wasn’t a totally detailed answer to my question but based upon the response and on my experience with the product, their answer was somewhat accurate. As expected, it took about two weeks before I receive the product and it was delivered by FedEx. The product has affected my sleep positively but that’s not saying a ton considering my previous mattress was terrible. It's softer but it's not too soft.

Compared to what might have been expected from the way it was advertised on their site, it’s not quite as soft as I would’ve expected. But, I find that not a bad thing. It has been very comfortable. It does take time to get used to it though. They advertise it for side sleepers. It works for side sleepers but it also works very well for back sleepers. It is certainly in between any of those than exclusively for side sleepers only.

Original review: July 26, 2017

I bought the Brentwood Oceano king-sized mattress because of the reviews I read on the computer. However, the FedEx people lost that shipment but Brentwood Home wasn't at any fault. I just emailed Brentwood and asked if they might do a follow up, maybe it would help and they answered me right away. FedEx ended up tracking the shipment finally and it was only lost for a couple of days. We've had the mattress for almost 30 days now and we love it. My husband and I are really happy with it. It's a good quality mattress and it had a really good price for the quality. I've been telling people how much we love it and I highly recommend it.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I'd been Googling for pillows and Brentwood Home came up on my Facebook postings. I bought a wedge pillow. Brentwood acknowledged my order online with three to five days delivery, and I expected seven to eight but it was at least three weeks before I got it. They had many orders at one time and might have done a full scale PR and weren't prepared for the volume. But when I called twice, the pillows were being made. They didn't have the information as to why it would be late and they'd have to check into that. They wanted me to call back in a week and I did.

I was just surprised it took me that long to get the pillow. I don't know if it's a new company. I didn't research on who I was buying from. The pillow helps but I have trouble with my neck. I get my feet and legs straightened out and it's okay. I wonder what kind of pillow I can get to put under my head because I'm a side sleeper and I'm trying to force myself to sleep on my back.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I saw an ad online then I searched Brentwood Home's products and found the wedge pillow, which has been amazing and helping me with my snoring situation. I contacted them because it wasn’t delivered but that's my fault as I didn’t read the fine print that said it could take a little long based on where the product was being shipped to. The only downside to it is that they should sell pillowcases for it because with that being a wedge shape, it wouldn’t really fit a regular case. But I found the price very reasonable considering it is a special pillow. They were kind and fine as well. I would recommend them.

Original review: June 28, 2017

There's so much noise on the internet about all these mattresses that I wanted to get something to the house. I made an online purchase of a Sequoia bed from Brentwood Home and the ordering process was easy. The bed is a great product and I'm sleeping cheaper.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I bought a Crystal Cove meditation pillow online from Brentwood Home. I saw it on Facebook, I clicked on a link and it took me to the Brentwood website. I like the way the pillow looked and it is superior to the other pillow that I had. I don't sleep on it but I use it to sit at my coffee table in the living to work on my laptop. It's twice as big as my other one and what I like about it is that I can take off the cover and wash it, which my other one didn't do. The fabric has a really great design on it so it's pretty and functional, which I like. It was more expensive than other pillows, but the quality is definitely higher. So, the cost and quality are on par with each other. I had a great experience in buying the pillow and I'm happy with my purchase.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I read about Brentwood Home on an internet site as I was searching for an organic well-made wedge pillow and it fit the bill. I purchased one from them and I also had three of my friends buy one. The product is very well-made and it's impacted my sleep very well. I'm going to send a product sheet to both of my physicians to tell them to spread the word. Though I wish that Brentwood offered pillow cases for the wedge pillows that are organic cotton.

Original review: June 17, 2017

Since I had a back surgery, I wanted to see if I could be a little more comfortable with a Brentwood Home product. I purchased a pillow online and it was really good. I've had the pillow for 10 days now and sleeping has been better. Although the cost is a little too high, it's worth it. It's a really good quality product and I'd tell my friends that, too. Overall, it was a good experience with Brentwood Home.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I like the Crystal Cove Meditation pillow. I found them on Facebook and bought two of them from Brentwood Home. The ordering process went smoothly but I wished the pillows were packed in a bigger box. Other than that, my purchases are great. I use them as floor pillows and I like that they're very comfortable.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I looked at a bunch of reviews about mattresses and the Bamboo Gel 13 from Brentwood Home was one of the best of the reviewed mattresses for a side-sleeping person and it has helped me sleep on my side so far. The bed's cost in relation to its quality is amazing. The customer service has also been really well. They've been absolutely friendly and knowledgeable. When I ordered it, they emailed to let me know that I ordered it, then emailed to let me know that it was being made and again emailed to let me know that it was shipped. So I got peace of mind there. They let me know that something was happening with the money I spent. I have recommended their mattress and had gotten eight of those sold since I’ve got mine. And they have sent me stuff in the mail for getting rid of eight or more.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I liked Brentwood Home's price and ecological sensitivity. The mattress that I got from them is definitely a superior product compared to those that I've used in the past. It’s comfortable, keeps me cool at night, and is built well. I ordered it online and the website was a little clunky. It felt like it wasn’t as modern as some of their competitors like Casper. It was the weak link. But with my recommendation from my friend, I felt confident about the mattress and bought it. It’s a great value. It's high quality product and I’ve been very satisfied. I would recommend them and I’ve already told somebody about them.

Original review: May 15, 2017

My parents have a Tempur-Pedic memory foam mattress which is what made me buy one. I did a lot of research and I was looking at other companies. Brentwood Home mattresses, memory foam mattresses and their latex are very affordable and comfortable. Also, there wasn’t any possible way for me to go into a store and try it out for myself because they’re in California and I am from Michigan so I took a shot in the dark. The purchase was all done online. I went to the website and picked out the memory foam mattress model. It has a very friendly review but it was not within my place, I didn’t even sleep with them and I wasn’t ready to spend on a mattress. I figured I would just give it a try. I use and bought it for myself and it’s done wonders for my sleep. As soon as you lay down on it, you’re ready to go to sleep. You’re out within five minutes and that’s a big deal for me because it usually used to take me a long time to fall asleep but now it’s effortless.

I’ve had the mattress for a year now. It’s as good as the day I bought it and it’s got an awesome warranty. The quality is topnotch and the price is awesome. It’s a great mattress and company. If somebody else is switching from a spring mattress and they want to get a memory foam mattress and they’re looking at some of the more expensive but more well-known brand like Tempur-Pedic or Sleep Number, they need to give Brentwood a try because their mattresses are very affordable and they are just as good if not better.

Original review: May 1, 2017

I can honestly say I've never experienced a more pleasant or simple process as a consumer. I ordered a mattress from Brentwood Home in February. It arrived within 5 days or so, simple and easy. After sleeping on the mattress for two months, we determined it wasn't for us. I contacted the company through their chat feature to let them know we wanted to return it and to ask for advice in finding a mattress that would fit our needs better. The customer representative, Alexis, offered several options, then after a bit of conversation we landed on what seemed to be the best choice. She immediately started the process for us to return our other mattress and get a full refund. That process involved researching and contacting local charities to which to donate the mattress. I didn't have to worry about any of that, SHE did that work.

She then timed our new mattress to arrive in close proximity of when the returned mattress would be picked up. Once picked up, I just had to send a picture of the donation receipt and she immediately processed the return (within an hour!) and the money was refunded within a couple of days. I dealt with the same person from the moment I began chat to the moment the money was back in my account. She was friendly and helpful and it was a 110% positive experience. I will sing the praises of this company for a long time! And perhaps most importantly, we LOVE our new mattress and couldn't be happier.

Original review: April 17, 2017

Truly a memorable experience before and after my Mirador mattress purchase. Their chat function on their website was easy to use and someone, a real person, answered all my questions. Questions about materials, firmness: latex vs. foam vs. traditional mattresses; medium firm vs. firm and pillow-tops; the gamut. And they had answers to it all. And as a small person upon receiving my mattress, I was a tad overwhelmed by the size, a queen. But, I was happily surprised at how great the mattress handles worked! And for about a month now, I've had the best sleep I've ever had. And have recommended Brentwood Home mattresses to both family and friends. Quality people and quality product.

Original review: April 6, 2017

Initially I purchase King Size Bamboo 13 for myself, a full size, then got this one for my daughter and my other also purchased a king size as well. After these 3 purchases I have recommended it to other family members which has ended in two more purchases. Maybe I should get a job there, right? I have never slept in anything more comfortable, it is the best purchase ever!! All the family members are just as pleased with this mattress. Still have another one purchase coming soon.

Original review: April 4, 2017

I was really up in the air about which mattress to buy. I had narrowed it down to 3. I called each of them and talked to a customer service rep. I ended up buying from Brentwood because their customer service was far above the others and I love my mattress. I love it so much I bought another one for a guest bedroom. It took me a couple of weeks to get use to it but I sleep better now than I did before. No more sore hips.

Original review: April 3, 2017

After 8 years sleeping on a futon I decided to take the plunge and invest in a mattress. I choose the Bamboo Gel 13. While my hope was to alleviate my back pain, that hasn't happened - a mattress can't fix bulging disks apparently. But it is very comfy and I do sleep well with much less tossing and turning. The only regret I have is that I purchased the mattress before the bed; I would have been better off with the 10 inch rather than the 13 inch because I have to climb up into bed. So I would suggest measuring and making sure you're ok with the height. I highly recommend this company; shipping was fast, arrived in good shape and warranty is great.

Original review: April 3, 2017
Our first order was an excellent RV mattress from Brentwood, so we decided to get one for home. The mattress we ordered was not quite what we desired, so we called to return it and order another model. The return process was painless without any heartburn. The Brentwood CS woman was a perfect example of what Customer Relations should be! The mattress we ordered to replace the mis-ordered one, was excellent, like the RV mattress. We do not use a box spring.

The mattress we received was definitely Firm, but after a month or so, it soften slightly to perfection and I can't wait until bedtime. My wife agrees!

Original review: April 3, 2017

I called and asked questions about their natural mattresses and they were very helpful and informative. I placed my order and received my mattress, which was made fresh to order, in less than 1 week! It's super comfortable and my son loves it.

Original review: April 3, 2017

Brentwood's Bamboo Gel 13 Memory Foam mattress is truly exceptional. My husband joins me in describing this mattress as the most comfortable and supportive mattress we have ever had. The delivery to Michigan was flawless and it was so easy to unpack. The warranty is exceptional and we have "sold" this mattress to several of our friends who rave about it as much as we do. If you have back or restless leg issues this is the mattress you should have. I had questions prior to purchasing and it was refreshing to speak with such friendly and professional people at Brentwood. They believe in their product and the feeling is infectious. First rate product from a top notch company. We love our Brentwood!!!

Original review: April 3, 2017

Great product/materials. Easy to clean. Made in the U.S.A!! Would definitely recommend to others. As a helpful tip, I use a twin fitted sheet over the Griffith pet bed, just to make it even easier to pull off, shake out and throw in washer/dryer. I still can wash the main cover periodically, but just help keep it cleaner and will ultimately last longer.

Original review: April 3, 2017

We ordered the sleep wellness bundle. The pillows we received were in top condition. The service was quick and we love the product. My husband said this is the best pillow he has every slept on. It's been a few months and they are still holding up great.

Brentwood Home Company Information