2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.43/5

Brentwood Home is an online company that specializes in the sales and service of made-to-order mattresses. Brentwood Home sells various mattress styles from your standard spring mattresses to gel and memory foam based beds. In addition to mattresses, Brentwood Home also sells premium bedding and pillows as well as beds specifically suited for your canine companion. Because mattresses are made at the time of your order, Brentwood Home offers an extensive warranty package to ensure the life, quality and comfort of your new mattress.

Brentwood Home Reviews

Original review: May 12, 2020

I purchased the Brentwood Home Oceano mattress 3 months ago, and it is a superb mattress. It is high quality, luxury feel and super comfortable. The gel memory foam gives me enough hug without the sinking feeling. I am well supported and there is no motion transfer. Edge support is fantastic. I didn't experience any concerning off-gassing, but I did let it air out for a day. This is a solid product by Brentwood Home. Plus it is a beautiful mattress to look at and it feels super smooth to the touch. I am a side/back combo sleeper and I sleep like a baby completely through the night. Brentwood Home customer service is excellent. They are very responsive to questions and helped me make my final purchase. The mattress shipped 24 hours after ordering and Fedex Ground delivered it 7 days later (California to Illinois). I highly recommend Brentwood Home, and I am very pleased.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

On 05/01/208, we had the Oceano Mattress delivered to us, and we absolutely loved it the first year. The mattress is advertised as the #1 rated luxury with a medium-plush feel. Thirteen months later, the mattress lost it's medium-plush feel and became uncomfortably soft to sleep on. Not only that, the fabric buttons that are anchored onto the mattress extruded, which can be felt through the mattress pad and bedsheets, causing pain when I would move around. I reached out to customer service, and they sent me a complimentary Oceano Memory Foam Mattress Topper, which is really helpful covering the buttons, however, not with the firmness of the bed.

Before I purchased the bed, I had spent three weeks researching mattresses online, watching videos, and read 5-star reviews before choosing this mattress. The reviews on their website are misleading. I am unable to log on to Brentwoodhome.com to leave an honest review. I want people to know that this mattress has issues, and they should not spend their money on it unless they do not mind their bed losing its firmness in less than two years. I now wake up with cervical and spinal pain due to this bed. I honestly wish I listened to my husband before I purchased a mattress online.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Ok we began our mattress search locally like everyone else used to...but lying on a bed for minutes in public store is useless so we went home to do a little diligence online. After we narrowed it down to two or three choices we visited oursleepguide.com and were blown away by how detailed and precise the reviews were of literally dozens of mattresses. They picked the Brentwood Oceano so we added that to our choice list and stacked it up against the few others we were considering. The Purple 3, the Saatva and Puffy Lux were all contenders, but the thing that pushed us toward the Oceano was the trial period being literally triple the others offered. ONE FULL YEAR to see if you like a bed sounds like a no brainer, and all the prices were about the same...so we pulled the trigger.

Once we made our purchase we expected to wait about 3 weeks to receive the bed. Pleasantly surprised we received it in about a week. Lugged our old mattress down the stairs, and lugged the heavy ** box upstairs to put our mattress into our frame. Something was wrong. The mattress did not fit into our frame? It was too long and not quite wide enough? Ok, while we ordered a king size mattress, it seemed like they had sent us a California king (4 inches longer and 4 inches narrower). After all the excitement and backbreaking work of moving everything around, we naturally started to panic. Checked our order and did in fact order a king size so we started an online chat with Brentwood as there really is no phone number to contact them. The woman who helped us told us to take a pic of the mattress tag, and include into our chat screen. Sent the tag pic, but the tag stated it was the right size of a king mattress. The plot thickens! It was a mistake made not by the shipping department, but by the factory upon final inspection.

I took pics of the mattress in our frame and it was apparent that it didn't quite fit with gaps on the side and a mattress hanging over the footboard by inches, so she sent us another order, and promised to triple inspect the size to make sure we receive the correct size. We slept on the California mattress even it’s not quite snug in our frame, and I must say, I slept great! It’s a bit more firm than I’d initially thought it would be, but in a plush way. It’s much easier to move around in, and way supportive in all the areas our old foam bed failed in over the years. I'm thrilled to death with the company we decided to put our trust in, and very optimistic about the mattress, but we have a full year to see. No bad decisions here...

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

24 hours after ordering mattress I began receiving over a dozen robocalls per day, unabated for over a month. Contacted Avocado who stated that basically they didn’t care. If you love robocalls, buy this mattress....but you can probably get more robocalls for less than $1700.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I ordered from Amazon. Description of mattress was directly from company's website. Stated medium feel. This is not true. It is hard as a rock. The corners of the mattress never filled up. They are sagging and I have only had this for 4 days. Also Brentwood will not honor their warranty if you buy from 3rd party but they get the money when you buy one. Not impressed with this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brentwood Home?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I will say that when I initially bought my bed, I was very happy, happy with the experience. I've had a couple of issue since and have contacted customer service several (at least 7 times) to assist me. The agent always promises to have someone call me back and no one ever does. I did have a supervisor call me back ONCE and missed the called - try to contact her, left at last three messages. NO RESPONSE! That is awful customer service! I was thinking I would buy a couple more beds when I moved into my home, but at this point I will never purchase another product from this company. Unfortunately, I've told so many friends what a great company - I will be updating them on the current situation. Very upset!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Brentwood products are made in America and they also offer the inner spring and the memory foam combination. I purchased the Oceano box spring the mattress but the mattress wasn't level. I contacted them and I'm going to send it back and exchange it for a new one. But besides that, it's a nice and amazing mattress.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I've read a few reviews online and Brentwood had a nice website so I just went for it. I purchased an Oceano Mattress however, the mattress was very uncomfortable for us. It was too soft and the edge support was really bad. I ended up not keeping the mattress and I didn't get any runaround when I returned it. They were very, very cordial and very helpful. Brentwood's customer service team was fantastic. It seemed like a great company but it didn't work out for me.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I'm 61 and I had a three-year nightmare and it never occurred to me to buy a bed online. When you go to the store, you lie on the bed for five minutes and you buy the bed. But that's wrong. Beds are not even made the same anymore. Also, the five minutes you lie on the bed is not enough to determine if the bed is good. There are people walking around and you don't want to lie there and take a nap so anything feels good. I could lie down on the floor and it's okay for a few minutes. Sleeping on it however, is another experience.

When I bought a bed from Mattress Firm, I paid a little over $3,000 for it. That bed was like sleeping on a slab of concrete and the worst part was the soft part sagged. I could get up out of bed, strip the sheets off and you could see where I laid. And I'm not 400 pounds either but an average woman who sleeps by myself. I didn't have that bed for three months and there was this indentation and it was a nightmare trying to deal with them. That ended up being donated to charity.

Then I bought a memory foam and sleeping on it is like being in a hotdog bun. I don't turn over and it pushes or pulls against me. I'm trapped in this foam and it was miserable because I'd wake up numb on one side because I wasn't shifting position in the night. That was another expensive bed and they wouldn't return it either. So then I started looking online and there's a company called Saatva. I got a latex bed and a Latex pillow. I love latex pillows but the bed was not for me.

So through finding out about these online beds and the trials, Brentwood Home has a good reputation for customer service. They also had a 120 day trial period with free pick-up. I needed something plush but I needed it to be supportive and that's what the Oceano had. They showed pictures of the way it's constructed with the coils. The quality looked excellent and when it was delivered, it was gorgeous. This bed is prettier than the one I spent over $3,000 on and this one was half that.

I have contacted them since I've had it and expressed that it might be a little too plush. I asked what their recommendation was and asked about the Del Mar. The rep wrote back and told me I still got a lot of time. They sent me firm mattress topper instead and didn't charge me. I tried it for three nights and I didn't like it. They say it's firm but it's not. It's plush and that gave me that trapped in a hotdog bun feeling again so I took it off. I told them I didn't want to give the bed up. It's so pretty that I don't want to put sheets on it and it's well constructed. I don't have the numb spots on my shoulders and hips like I did before. So far my experience with Brentwood has been excellent and I know that they'll work with me.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Brentwood Home was offered on the website called the Sleep Circle. Their bed was supposed to be rated high for cooling factor. It was the features of the bed that played into my decision to purchase it. I received the bed after about five days. It was heavy but putting it together was easy. So far, it has been good. It’s a lot more comfortable than what I had, and I love it.

Brentwood Home author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Brentwood Home makes all mattresses in California, using natural materials that keep your bedding chemical-free. It harvests materials like bamboo and cotton for its mattresses to keep environmental impact low. Get free shipping and returns when you shop online. Financing with 0% APR is available.

• Mattress pricing: Brentwood Home queen-size mattresses start at around $600.

• Types of mattresses: In addition to Brentwood Home’s standard mattresses, the company also sells spring, latex and memory foam mattresses.

• Trial period: Brentwood Homes provides a one-year sleep trial period.

• Warranty: Customers enjoy a 25-year warranty.

• Additional products: Bedding accessories and beds for kids and pets are also available. You can complete your collection with its gel memory foam or latex pillows. Brentwood Home’s Crystal Cove yoga collection offers yoga and meditation pillows. You can buy them separately, or you can buy the whole set at a discount.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Brentwood Home Company Information