Arizona Leather Furniture

Irvine, CA

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Arizona Leather Co. will not honor their 5 yr warranty on my leather couch. The leather is cracking and the color is fading after five years. I complained to the AZ Leather Co. about the leather fading about 1 year after we purchased it. They responded and tried to redye the leather. However, the repair did not last long. About a year later, I complained to them again about the same problem on some of the other backs, they said it must be perspiration of the person sitting in that spot that is causing it to change color, which is BS. Just recently, one of the cushions begin to crack and the cracks are going through the leather. When the store told me to call customer service they were slow to respond. Repeated calls to Justin were not returned.

They finally sent out Mike to inspect the couch. He looked at the deteriorating cushion and took pictures and said he would write a report and send the report and pictures to Arizona Leather, he did not say anything about the fading color. A day or so later, my wife got a call on her cellphone and a message left said that there was no problem with the leather and that it was something in the home that was causing the area on a corner of the cushion to crack and deteriorate the leather. He said the cushion could be repaired by replacing the top cover of the cushion and would cost over $200 for a new cover and installation would cost over $100 This is not only absurd but insulting as well.

I had someone from a local upholstery shop come and take a look at it since it is is not removable to get a second opinion and estimate on repair. They stated that the leather should never do this. They felt that this should be covered under warranty. It was their opinion that the leather was defective. It is a defective couch and cost over $7000 for couch and chair. Don't buy anything from Arizona Leather is my recommendation.

I purchased a $6,000+ sectional from Arizona Leather. There was a problem with a zipper on a cushion about six months ago. I called Justin in customer service at that time. I did not hear back so I went to the store to inquire. They gave me Justin's number so I tried again. Had to leave another voicemail with no response. This happened two additional times. I tried again today and his voicemail was full. Called the store again. Finally ended up with a callback from Mike **. There was no apology for the hassle I had been through in the past six months. He was very rude. Told me that the zipper problem was my fault but that it would be covered under their warranty... for a $75 fee. During that six months of being ignored one of our seat cushions went flat. This is directly from the website:

Lifetime warranty on frames, springs, workmanship: 5 year warranty on all leather, Zippered backs, arms and seat cushions for refilling, Lifetime cushion warranty, Knowledgeable service from leather experts, Glove fit tailoring... but Mike told me that the cushion would not be covered under the warranty. Also, last week there was a spill on the couch so I was planning to have that taken care of as well since I spent the extra $400 for the additional warranty. Well, AL does not even handle that warranty so I am on my own with that and have to deal with a completely different company (would like to have been informed of that when the couch was being sold to me).

It is unfortunate that I will not purchase furniture from AL again simply because Justin does not return calls and Mike (the name I see recurring in these reviews) treats customers like they are the problem - rather than the very poor customer service department at AL. I hope that this is helpful. We love our sectional and wish we loved AL...

I have been a very happy customer UNTIL we needed something taken care of. BUYER beware on what you may purchase and from what a sales person may tell you. READ things carefully. Even if you think what you are reading is what it is, have it crossed out in, put in a language that is very clear to you for future issues. At this time I will most definitely not refer this company to any of my clients or friends in the future. I am sad to say that but if the conversation with the customer service Supervisor (Mike not going to say last name) could have been handled differently instead of trying to belittle a paying customer on an $8100 sofa, I may have reconsidered in the way things would have been handled.

Approx 30 min after my conversation I did get a call from the owner (Jim) that was much nicer on the service side. However still not handled the way I would have thought it would have been for a consumer that has spent so much. Issue is simply 2 cushions to be replaced. I do not even have an issue of paying the $75 service fee, but to pay for the 2 cushions when warranty is still in service In any case, just do your research. Product overall is wonderful. Customer Service side of things and the way it was handled was for sure not up to par for such a company as owned by Jim.

I bought my furniture less than two years ago and requested to have the company adjust the reclining mechanisms on the recliners and love seat. I spoke with "Mike in the service department" and told him that it is extremely difficult to get out of the recliners and they have been like this since we bought the furniture. Now, however, my husband is going to have surgery on both knees and he will not be able to use the chairs. I spoke with Mike in the CA store and he told me that we were out of the service zone (we live in Maryland) and would be responsible for not only getting the furniture serviced, but for the cost of it as well. ALF would only pay for new mechanisms. I reminded him that it has only been less than two years and it was like this since we had the furniture--Mike stated, "It Did Not Matter." I do not recommend purchasing from this company. The quality is not what it should be for the money it cost and the service is HORRENDOUS. Save yourself the headache and go with another company.

I had a judgement against ALC for the amount of 4500. They ignored paying me and I let it go for 2 years. I then sent the owner a letter saying if he did not pay in one month I would charge interest which is within my rights. He then paid me within a week.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arizona Leather Furniture?

This place is a full off... crap!!! !They have soft couches on display to entice you... sucker you in and then after you spend 5000 dollars for couch and chair, they deliver an entirely different couch!! HARD AS A ROCK. So my husband goes to talk to Gilly, the manager, and she says, "I will make it right. I will call the warehouse... They will replace your cushions." So they send a guy who looked like he came from Compton and my replacement cushions in the back of his Kia... Really??? And he was A technician. Wow, professional... So we go back to talk to Gilly and she said, "There is nothing I can do. You just need to break in your cushions." Wow, what kind of customer service is this. We wish we would have read the reviews before our purchase... Do not buy from here!!!!! These people are crooks.

My husband and I are both disabled. We went to GREAT lengths to go to the showroom in Concord to be sure that we were getting custom made furniture that would meet our physical needs. We carefully explained our individual conditions to Gregory **, the salesman who worked with us, and he assured us we would have comfortable, as well as easy to open and close reclining furniture.

From the moment we received it, there were problems. We had the techs out twice - for the mechanism alone - and that was the reason we ended up returning the set. Neither my husband nor I could close the furniture.

Mr. Riedl, the owner of the company agreed to take the furniture back when we complained of all the issues we were having (foam sinking at 2 mo. in one corner, and you literally had to slide off, and kick it closed as it wouldn't close otherwise - our 6 ft 220 lb. son couldn't get it to close - even with leaning forward as they suggested!). Mr Riedl withheld our money for more than 2 weeks, stating that he wanted to sit on the furniture himself before he refunded our money. He stated that he had no trouble closing the furniture. Okay... but is Mr. Riedl disabled?

He kept $440.00 for "shipping and returning the furniture". We are in a dispute with Discover over this. I even have a phone message from Riedl, and at no point does he state he is going to charge us to come and pick it up. I also have a signature from an employee of his stating we will be fully reimbursed. What a bunch of crooks! They even said, "Just leave the furniture in the yard and we'll come and pick it up" when we had a hard time scheduling a time that worked for both of us. Shows you how highly they think of their own product! Just leave it in the yard... how about in the street?

You DON'T want to do business with these guys! Save yourselves the anguish and frustration. Discover is paying us back- but still - what a nightmare!

I ordered a chair and love seat 90 days ago. At the time of placing the order I was told by Gilly that it would take approximately 8 weeks. As the time approached I contacted the Ontario, CA store to ascertain how close to that date the order would arrive. The gentleman advised that he would call the manufacturer and return my call in an hour. He never called. Over the past month I have called three times; each time I was told the manufacturer would be contacted with a return/update call to me. As of this writing I have not been contacted. I realize that the 8 weeks was an estimate but we are now in the 12th week with no return call to me. Common courtesy dictates that I at least be advised of the orders status...

I purchased from the Tempe store and they will not stand behind their warranty. It's just a couple of months until my 5-year warranty is up and they denied my request for repair. The owner (or so I was told he was the owner), Jim, called me not to help resolve a customer dissatisfaction but to tell me how I was wrong and he would once again deny service to me. He told me the vendor who made the furniture is not covered under their warranty and when questioned, he said to me, "The warranty says Arizona Leather, not the vendor." He continued to tell me that he would have to have a 50-page warranty to cover everything and he wasn't going to do that. So at the end of the day, I was not advised of this until I needed to use the warranty and Jim had no problem refusing service to me. I will never purchase from this company again. I caution anyone who does purchase from this company to not rely upon the warranty or any quality of customer service from Jim.

I was hired by Arizona Leather to do some work for them. I billed them but was only paid a percentage of what I had been billed.

Judgment was entered by the Small Claims Court of Laguna Hills CA on 4/6/11, for the principle of $4227.00 plus court fees of $85.00. ALC has not paid this judgment and has ignored attorney's requests. Independent leather experts commented on and attested to the poor quality of the leather. How can ALC ignore a court judgment?

After having repeated poor experiences with attempting to schedule delivery of my furniture, I escalated my concern to the owner of the firm, only to get the same poor service from him. Warning: if you want good service, buy from someone else.

Arizona Leather Co. will not honor their 5 yr warranty on my leather couch. The leather is cracking and the color is fading after two years. In Dec. 08, I complained to the AZ Leather Co. about the leather cracking and fading. They responded and tried to redye the leather. However, the repair did not last long. About a year later, I complained to them again about the same problem. This time they were slow to respond. Repeated calls were not returned. They assigned the case to someone name Isarel. He was very elusive.

Phone calls were not returned. Even when I talked to him, he would not confirm an appointment. He finally came to see the couch. He claimed the damage was due to my dog. Well, I have an Akita who is basically an outside dog and never allowed on any furniture including patio sets. This is not only absurd but insulting as well. Mike from AZ leather Co. finally returned my calls and stated that the leather has been abused. He cited pet damage, wear and tear and lack of care. The issue was forwarded to Jim ** who simply restated what Mike had told me. I took the cushion to AZ Leather store in Tustin and Jim ** looked at the leather. He said this would be covered under the warranty. I took cushions to Barnes Upholstery to get an estimate on repair. They stated that the leather should never do this. They felt that this should be covered under warranty. It was their opinion that the leather was defective. It is a defective couch and cost is $4723.50 to repair.

Arizona Leather Furniture Company Profile