3.53/5

37 Baskin-Robbins Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

Love to go to Baskin-Robbins for summertime flavor pink bubblegum ice cream. So we went to DeFuniak Springs to get ice cream, no outside menu, didn’t have pink bubble, had no idea when they would get any or if they would. Left without ordering because they simple didn’t care. Went to Niceville Fl 1 week later. Ask for pink bubble - summer flavor, didn’t have it. Ask for 5 more different flavors, didn’t have any of those. After guessing and guessing for flavors since we were once again in the drive thru with no board of flavors, paid over 10.00 for 2 - 1 kid scoop with a old tasting sugar cones, and a double scoop of birthday that we really didn’t want.

Used to be an outing that we enjoyed. With so many don’t give a crap employees at both locations, wont be visiting those two locations anymore and if I go to a different one and have the same bad service and no choices of flavors, I won't go again. I mean I can go to the grocery and get strawberry chocolate and vanilla if those are going to be all they offer.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I went to Baskin Robbins a few days ago and still can’t get over how rude the worker was and how rushed I felt. I just got back from my sports practice and wanted a milkshake and I walked in and immediately got a dirty look from one of the workers. I know workers despise customers who come in close to closing time but there was still 30-45 before they were supposedly to close. I started looking at the ice cream I wanted my milkshake to be and the worker (her name was Payton) said “do you guys need anything” very rudely with that same dirty look she gave me when I walked in. After that I ordered my milkshake and one of the other workers made it while the rude worker took out a mop and started mopping the floors and the whole time I was in the store I just felt very rushed and had an unpleasant visit.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Waited for years to have BR return to Redding, CA. Once they returned we went to the opening ordered same as always and was very disappointed! Chocolate Mint Chip was no longer green and had a very different flavor. Will never go again, no better than supermarket brands. Too bad the environmental wackos got to you guys. They are ruining this country!!! There is nothing wrong with the original recipe, we have been eating it for over 40 years and we are in great health! Hope you reconsider and change back or carry both the original and new version for people who think they're being healthier by not eating food color.

Original review: May 4, 2019

The Baskin-Robbins location at 8215 Auburn Boulevard Citrus Heights California Is employing minors to work past 10 o'clock. Because the owner of this business refuses to adhere to the law they are closing their business 40 minutes prior to their listed closing time. This is a very irresponsible business practice. The individuals working in the location refused to open the door and are closing this location prior to their closing hours listed.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I went to the Baskin-Robbins in Kaneohe, HI. I ordered the 2 Scoop Sundae. Before the server put the topping on, I could see that there were NOT two scoops of ice cream in the cup. I said "wait, I asked for two scoops." The servers said, that is two scoops...two kid size scoops. I was so confused. I said I ordered TWO scoops of ice cream. He told me that on the TWO SCOOP sundae you only get 2 kid size scoops which his equivalent to ONE SCOOP. This is absolutely FALSE ADVERTISING. Nowhere can I find where it says that a 2 Scoop sundae is actually only 1 scoop. I feel this is a huge rip off and very deceptive of Baskin-Robbins. If you are going to give less product, DO NOT advertise it as 2 scoops. It should be clearly stated in the sundae description that you are serving two KID SIZE scoop, which equals one scoop. I was floored that a company would try to be so deceptive. I will NOT be going back, ever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Baskin-Robbins?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Hello. I had my first Baskin-Robbins experience which was worst. I had gone to a store near children's park in Sardar Pura, Jodhpur today. The shop was open, they didn't say anything. I went and asked them to redeem the voucher. And they just refused to redeem it and started saying internet is not working. After that they started saying that our stock is over. I was amazed as I can see the shop was open as well as stock was available. When I asked them when the stock will be available they just said till 8 pm. I was there at 3 pm. I don't understand how can you open the shop and say stock will be available 5 hours later. Is this your service? Never expected this from Baskin-Robbins. Feeling embarrassed!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

We had ordered a custom ice cream cake for a birthday, the ice cream was not the one we had ordered, must have been made at the last Ice Age. A reciprocating saw with a demo blade should be sent home with customer to cut and serve the guest.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I order a cake a small cake online on their website, and call them to make sure about the time I am going to pick up and when I went they had my cake ready with my order no. and everything but in a bigger size. They kept me waiting for long and called their manager and they refuse to give me the cake and told me to go next day. This store is located in 74-13 Roosevelt Ave, Jackson Heights, NY. I had an argument and walked out of the store. I want to take some actions but I am not sure how to do that. They have a very very bad customer service. Their license should be cancelled.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I went to Baskin-Robbins on Winchester road. I think a new management took over that location. I ordered two scoop sundae. They gave me instead of two scoop size they gave me a tablespoon size. I paid $4.91 for two table spoon size. I don’t recommend this location to anyone unless you want to waste your money. Don’t worth the price???

Original review: April 30, 2018

I went to the Lodi, CA Lakewood Mall and ordered a Polar Pizza ice cream cake. I told them I had a $3.00 off coupon. They told me at first ,"Yes we would take it." Then they called their manager and they said no. After I got home I saw they had a coupon on their own website so when I went in I asked the girl before picking up the cake if I could use it. She said they would have to refund me and repurchased item then they could use it. I even called the 800 number. They even told me there would be no problem at all. Then one of the other girls said, "No. We can’t take it." They then called their manager and they said no. Talk about poor customer service. I’ve been going to them for years. Omg. You think they would do better and over a $2.00 coupon. Omg.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I recently got the app on my phone. I had just left the dentist when my husband called and asked me to pick up ice cream. I had a BOGO for 99 cents coupon. Husband asked for Oreo caramel, flavor of the month. Which they did not have. While talking to him on the phone, an older female employee started talking to me. I could barely hear my husband when she rudely exclaimed, "Oh, you're having a boy, aren't you?" I am not even pregnant!!! After being told they did not have tiramisu, either... Husband's 2nd choice and on the website, I just left. As for the pregnancy comment, I was pretty pissed off. I doubt I will return and I am disabling my app.

Original review: March 11, 2018

POOR! They do not care to make the customer happy - they would rather argue why they can substantiate their point. If you have a customer who has prepaid for a cake and ordered based on a website picture and you are unable to make what was ordered then you should call the customer out of courtesy and respect. You should also check orders BEFORE the customer arrives to ensure satisfaction. I WILL NEVER order another cake from this location (Sugar Hill, GA)--would rather spend my dollars somewhere that they are appreciated.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

At 3:45pm on 2/25/18, I drove 34 miles to use our coupon for sundaes at your Grand Rapids location. No dine-in, just drive up was open but we were prepared to eat in the car. However, they were out of banana, waffle cones, and various other toppings. The truck hadn't come in. OK. Milkshakes instead. But they didn't have enough vanilla ice cream for two shakes, and as it turned out, apparently not enough for one, either. The shake was mostly milk, runny, lacking any real flavor and I guess they were out of whipping cream as well. I mean, Steak and Shake's are far superior.

Not being given a receipt, and in order to provide proof of purchase, I called an hour later when I got home to get the order number from the clerk. But she needed the manager, who had left for the day, to find the order number in her computer. When I asked for the manager's name, she confessed she didn't know how to pronounce it. She offered to spell it to me, which she did. I'll be sending a letter.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I went to Baskin-Robbins at Sugar Creek and Graham, ordered 2 scoops of butter pecan ice cream that cost over $5 with tax. I received an extremely small cup that was placed in a bag, maybe so I wouldn't notice it. When I got home I discovered it was 1 scoop they tried to make into 2 which was maybe enough for a 1 year old or maybe enough to sample. I don't know if I will be back. I have never experienced this.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I signed up for Baskin-Robbins and I recently received a coupon for a free ice cream in my email box. I went to 1040 Westchester Ave in the Bronx where I was told I needed more to show more proof than just the coupon in my phone then I was told that "some people like to share the coupons with each other" and that as a cashier he needs to see my email information. Then I proceeded to ask him for a supervisor and he replied if I needed a supervisor I can go get him myself. I was offended and horrified by his comments and I was told there's a policy in this location and that they will not honor any coupons was the idea that I walk away with. There was no respect given to me and I truly felt like I was being neglected because of the neighborhood I reside in and the lack of diversity found in these places like Baskin-Robbins and Dunkin' Donuts. I won't be eating there anymore and they can keep their ice cream.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I went to the Baskin Robbins at 4711 Forest Drive Columbia SC 29206 and bought a pint of ice cream. I ate a little yesterday and felt a little sick afterwards but I thought it was because of something else I ate so I saved my ice cream for later. This afternoon I decided to enjoy my ice cream and that is when I came across about 10 strips of plastic in my ice cream. I called the store but was told to callback later when the manager came in. Sorry customer service because they didn't take my name nor my number. I didn't put the plastic in the ice cream nor did I ask them to put it in there. I bought a product with the expectation that I would get a product that was capable of being consumed. I will never eat at Baskin Robbins again and I seriously doubt when I reach out the manager that they will care any more than their employees did.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

The management and ownership at this location is AWFUL! Never in my entire life have I been asked to leave a venue of any sort, however on my birthday (after they had lost my order), the assistant manager asked me to leave in front of everyone at the store including my 7 year old son. Here's what happened... After it was confirmed that they had misplaced our order, the assistant manager had told me that without an order confirmation there was nothing he could do to help me.

I told him I understood that sometimes orders get misplaced, so maybe they could provide a discount on one of the cakes currently in the freezer. He said no, and then said, "I'm sorry I've done everything I can." Then, my husband said, "Done everything you can? You've done nothing." That's when we were asked to leave. It was humiliating. When I attempted to contact the owner through the corporation I was completely blown off and never even received the decency of at least a phone call or an apology, and I attempted to reach the owner 5 times! I will NEVER again spend another dime at this establishment.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Baskin-Robbins (Capital Blvd, Raleigh, NC) is.1 mile (walking distance) from my place of business and I have yet to be able to have an order completed during my 30 minute lunch break. Stopped by today (9/29/16) for a milkshake (drive thru), hoping service had improved. I was wrong. After being there for 15 minutes with no milkshake, I went in to get my refund. I saw at least 5 workers (if not more) looking puzzled (one of which was running about frantically), several customers standing and waiting inside, and by this time the drive-thru line was backed up. My milkshake was nowhere in sight or in the making. Once or twice, I could understand. That could happen anywhere every once in awhile. But not every time, every day, no matter the time. Come on you guys!!!

I'm not sure if it's lack of training, bad management, laziness, or disorganization that's causing the lack in productivity at this particular location but it is something truly wrong. After several visits with the same results, I have decided to make this my last lunch visit with them. Because there is definitely nothing on their menu that should take 10, 15, 20, or 30, minutes to prepare and get to the customers. It's sad that I have to bypass them (practically right next door), go down the street, through a light, wait in line, order, get my lunch and be back at my place of business in 15 minutes or less from another establishment. But heck I only have 30 minutes. I'll have to check them out on my days off or vacation if I ever go back again. DO BETTER BASKIN ROBBINS.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2016

Visited our local Baskin-Robbins, Topeka, Kansas, SW location, twice in last 10 days. First visit, my one scoop cone consisted of a 4 tablespoon scoop of ice cream that sat directly on top of a completely empty based cone. It made the 4 tablespoons top heavy. What a money rip off! Just visited this evening to pick up a carton of "cookie dough chocolate chip" ice cream. I brought it home to share with the family and there was very little cookie dough found. If I wanted vanilla, I would have chosen vanilla. Disappointed. I don't think I'll go back. Thumbs down!!!

Original review: July 26, 2016

I called a total of three times to the Baskin-Robbins on 2004 West St in Annapolis, Md. My first call I was told I needed to call in the morning and speak with "the lady that makes the cakes". The second time, I was told to call back later. My third time, I was told the lady had left already. I asked if I can just leave an order for a cake and they said, I needed to speak with the lady that makes the cakes. I asked again, why I am not able to just leave an order and if she has questions she can call me back. They said, "No." I asked how many days does she need for a cake. They said 3-4 days. I said, "Then I need them to take an order or otherwise I will be told she can't make it in time." They replied with the same answer. I need to only speak with her. I even spoke with the manager of the store and received the same answer. I really don't understand why it would be so difficult to take an order for an ice cream cake especially when you specialize in ice cream.

Original review: June 5, 2016

Recently when I went to Trinoma Mall with my sister, I decided to try Baskin-Robbins for the first time out of curiosity. I ordered a double junior scoop (priced at 145 PhP). To be honest I was expecting it to be a small serving since it's a double JUNIOR scoop. But lo and behold, junior scoop wasn't that bad :) (and did I mention double?). So anyway, my sister and I chose to have 1 scoop of choco mint and the other scoop to be berry chocolate. It was pretty good. :) I'm not really an ice cream person, but I must say I wasn't disappointed. I'll definitely go back and try the other flavors.

Original review: May 22, 2016

The new flavor, berry and chocolate is so delicious! The perfect mix of chocolate and berry and ice cream is just heavenly. The scooper guy at their Eastwood branch, Alex, is very friendly!

Original review: April 4, 2016

Rude owner, extremely small size portions. I was actually behind a person who the owner cursed out. When I finally got to the window after at least 10 minutes of him and the customer going back and forth and him threatening her, I pulled up and he was looking crazy at me.

Original review: March 9, 2016

I went to their new opened shop in Ruislip High Street and asked for the ice cream which was on deal. When I paid for it and asked her if it was the same I requested she said "no you told me something else." I asked her "please change it and refund my money." She said she cannot and called the manager. When she came instead of refunding the money she deducted more money from my account. And told me that she had refunded the money and did not gave me any receipt. Next day when checked my account actually she charged double from my card. Now I will go tomorrow and ask her why she did this?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

Dissatisfied by the store people attitude... The complaint is attached...

Original review: April 14, 2015

I went through the drive thru and ordered a 2 scoop brownie sundae without a cherry. The girl was friendly and order came out in a decent time. She told me she put the cherry on accident and asked if I like another. I told her it was ok and that I would take it off. I drove off and started eating my sundae and realized no brownie at the bottom. When I got to my destination I called back and asked for a manager. She stated she was one. So I explained it was missing. She told me to hold on so she could ask another manager what to do. So she comes back to the phone and asked me to bring the sundae back and they will make it over.

I explained I ate some and it was almost melted at that point. I asked her could I do it another day. I was put on hold again and she said I would have to bring it back. I told her I was not saving a melted Sundae. She said ok and hung up on me. Never offered an apology. So I emailed the company. They did respond immediately and said the manager would contact me. He or she never did. The fact that I was treated like I was wrong and they never said sorry upset me.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2013

I am a frequent customer at the BR on 997 Carmen Rd in Massapequa Park, NY and would like to report an abusive, bad experience I had from a male employee at BR. I stopped in BR on 10/23 at approximately 1:45 PM and ordered an ice cream cone and a side order topping. I mentioned twice I wanted it wrapped up to go. After the male employee handed me the cone, he went and fixed my side order topping. Before I was rung up, I mentioned to the male employee again I want this to go. The male then got very nasty and said "I didn't hear you, okay?" I mentioned "I said it loud and clear!" The male employee spoke to me in a very rude manner, picked up my order and started walking away, and then said "I am tired of your complaints, that is it!" He told me to leave the store and refused to give me my order after all.

I told the male employee I will report him to the manager. He said he was the manager and said his name was **. He is an older male with dark curly hair. He rudely waved goodbye to me at the same time said bye before I walked out of the ice cream shop after I mentioned you have the worst customer service in this shop. I remember he was rude to another customer in the past and the woman ended up walking out of the store and refused her order.. I do not know why he is still working there. This male acted belligerent, unprofessional and arrogant. I feel this is a very serious matter and needs to be addressed to the owner ASAP!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2013

I've never had a problem with the workers or the ice cream. I've been shopping here for years and nothing bad yet. Maybe I just live in a good area.

Original review: July 1, 2013

I have been purchasing gift cards for the past 2 years for my niece and nephews (they live on the other side of the country), and they have always been accepted. I sent them cards for "end of school" and suddenly they weren't accepted. I called corporate customer service and this is where I truly became disappointed and disgusted. Even though I explained that these exact same cards had been used as recently as 3 months ago, they "read off a script" and stated that they have no control over their franchises and it was my problem. I asked if I could get a refund if returned, they said I had to mail them to corporate and would hopefully get a refund in a MINIMUM of eight weeks.

They had no willingness to do the right thing or use any type of customer service. They just kept reading scripts, going in circles, and this is after I WASTED 1 1/2 hours on the phone getting transferred around continuously telling me (3 different people at the company) that they didn't know franchise policies and didn't know how to convey policy messages to them - what is this 1850??? I explained how they had 3 kids with gift cards in hand show up to their local store only to be treated rudely and turned away. I'm sorry but this is not how you do business. No one was even willing to check into things. And worst of all, they put the fix-it on me - "You have to return the cards, You have to explain the situation again, You have to wait at least eight weeks for a simple reimbursement, etc." STAY AWAY - go to Ben & Jerry’s (I did send their cards at Christmas and no problems).

Original review: May 9, 2012

I worked at the Baskin-Robbins in Huntsville, Alabama. Well, they trained me three days and now they said they can't pay me. They have to. It's called labor! Well, I contacted the Dept. of Labor and I'm waiting to hear something from them. I could understand if I did paperwork for all three days, but I did hands on. I made ice cream cones for people and I made Cappy Blast. I cleaned, etc. All I want is my money. I even told my mom, I said, "They didn't even make me fill out a tax form. Shouldn't they have?"

Baskin-Robbins Company Information