2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

Baskin-Robbins Reviews

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

I purchased ice cream on yesterday 1/17/20. My order was 3 quarts of fresh packed ice cream. I asked the server if she would make sure the ice cream was packed and weighed. She lied and she it was weighed and that she had packed the ice cream. When I got home the ice cream was only reached half way the quart. I knew she wasn't packing the ice cream but I took her words. Not sure who the owner is of this locations but I suggest that you not purchase ice cream from the location 3266 Westheimer near the River Oaks area. These are cheaper of their products. I will not purchase from them again.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I ordered the cake for my uncle's birthday, the pic online looks really good, but when I pick up it turn out soooo ugly. Even 10 years old kid could do better, I think this is totally wrong. It is like the scam for steal people money. And it ruined my plan. I have to run to another store to get a different cake for my uncle birthday. And it is Christmas even 5pm today. I don’t know if any cake store still open or my uncle would have no cake. Cause I would not take that cake to the party. It is so embarrassing. Beware everyone. Don’t buy cake from them.

Get expert buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I purchased a pre-packed 1/2 gallon of my favorite flavor, chocolate-chip, at my local Shell Station Convenience Store. That night, while enjoying the ice cream I got a bite of what I first thought was a big piece of chocolate. After chewing and swallowing what-ever it was, I digging around the carton. What I found (within the top 3/4" of the carton) was something that was dark 'off-white' shaped like a section of Tootsie Roll. It was about 3/8" round, barrel shaped and about 1/2" long. I dug two pieces of what-ever this is out and washed them off in cold water. Upon closer examination I found a 'dark brown' colored core running the length of these cylinders. The object has the consistency of modeling clay, and has a pretty bland taste. I'm trying to find out what this is, but in the meantime, the carton is in my freezer and I warned my wife about eating any more of it.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Do not order cake online. They just want to steal your money. So I ordered pearl and petal cake and what I got is some trashy cake. Look disgusting. I wish I can put the photo of their masterpiece here.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I wanted to purchase 2 quarts of pre-packed ice-cream today. I had a gift card for the value of $8.00 when they scanned it, the register voided the gift card value and something went wrong. The guy decided to void the transaction and start over, which deleted the value of the gift card to $0. Now he is saying I have to pay full price because he can't fix it. There is no supervisor, no manager or even owner of this store he can contact since he is new at this job and I was told to waited about 30 minutes to meet with his manager who was supposed to come to the store.

At some point I started giving up and just wanted to pay for my order the full price which is crazy because he "stole" the value of my gift card as he voided it in the first place. This guy at the register (Andrew **) if that is his real name at all told me he is not going to ring me up until his manager comes. What the hell??? Really, I tought?! I told him if he doesn't ring me up, then he will not ring anyone up, because I am next in line and I am not going to move out of the line until he rings me up.

Many clients waited behind me and left the ice-cream store. This guy and another client from the line were talking about calling the police on me, can you believe it? I asked them how is the police going to help them if he is incompetent to run the register by himself. Police won't be able to teach him how to do his job! The right thing to do would be to contact someone as supervisor or manager and have them help him do his job!!! After all I am a paying customer and he did acknowledged that with his poor register skills he somehow voided my gift cards' value. Intentionally or not it is all his fault. Not my fault so if there is anybody to blame is Andrew and he holded me hostage to wait for 1:35 min to pay for something that I would normally pay in less than 5 minutes tops. It is such a awful place. I will never ever step a foot in here again. Hope you don't too. Unless you are ready to wait over an hour for a scoop of ice-cream.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Baskin-Robbins?

Original review: July 16, 2019

Love to go to Baskin-Robbins for summertime flavor pink bubblegum ice cream. So we went to DeFuniak Springs to get ice cream, no outside menu, didn’t have pink bubble, had no idea when they would get any or if they would. Left without ordering because they simple didn’t care. Went to Niceville Fl 1 week later. Ask for pink bubble - summer flavor, didn’t have it. Ask for 5 more different flavors, didn’t have any of those. After guessing and guessing for flavors since we were once again in the drive thru with no board of flavors, paid over 10.00 for 2 - 1 kid scoop with a old tasting sugar cones, and a double scoop of birthday that we really didn’t want.

Used to be an outing that we enjoyed. With so many don’t give a crap employees at both locations, wont be visiting those two locations anymore and if I go to a different one and have the same bad service and no choices of flavors, I won't go again. I mean I can go to the grocery and get strawberry chocolate and vanilla if those are going to be all they offer.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I went to Baskin Robbins a few days ago and still can’t get over how rude the worker was and how rushed I felt. I just got back from my sports practice and wanted a milkshake and I walked in and immediately got a dirty look from one of the workers. I know workers despise customers who come in close to closing time but there was still 30-45 before they were supposedly to close. I started looking at the ice cream I wanted my milkshake to be and the worker (her name was Payton) said “do you guys need anything” very rudely with that same dirty look she gave me when I walked in. After that I ordered my milkshake and one of the other workers made it while the rude worker took out a mop and started mopping the floors and the whole time I was in the store I just felt very rushed and had an unpleasant visit.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Waited for years to have BR return to Redding, CA. Once they returned we went to the opening ordered same as always and was very disappointed! Chocolate Mint Chip was no longer green and had a very different flavor. Will never go again, no better than supermarket brands. Too bad the environmental wackos got to you guys. They are ruining this country!!! There is nothing wrong with the original recipe, we have been eating it for over 40 years and we are in great health! Hope you reconsider and change back or carry both the original and new version for people who think they're being healthier by not eating food color.

Original review: May 4, 2019

The Baskin-Robbins location at 8215 Auburn Boulevard Citrus Heights California Is employing minors to work past 10 o'clock. Because the owner of this business refuses to adhere to the law they are closing their business 40 minutes prior to their listed closing time. This is a very irresponsible business practice. The individuals working in the location refused to open the door and are closing this location prior to their closing hours listed.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I went to the Baskin-Robbins in Kaneohe, HI. I ordered the 2 Scoop Sundae. Before the server put the topping on, I could see that there were NOT two scoops of ice cream in the cup. I said "wait, I asked for two scoops." The servers said, that is two scoops...two kid size scoops. I was so confused. I said I ordered TWO scoops of ice cream. He told me that on the TWO SCOOP sundae you only get 2 kid size scoops which his equivalent to ONE SCOOP. This is absolutely FALSE ADVERTISING. Nowhere can I find where it says that a 2 Scoop sundae is actually only 1 scoop. I feel this is a huge rip off and very deceptive of Baskin-Robbins. If you are going to give less product, DO NOT advertise it as 2 scoops. It should be clearly stated in the sundae description that you are serving two KID SIZE scoop, which equals one scoop. I was floored that a company would try to be so deceptive. I will NOT be going back, ever.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Baskin-Robbins Company Information