2.9/5 (32 ratings)

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

About U.S. Gold Bureau

Find Gold Dealers partners near you

U.S. Gold Bureau Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Gold Bureau?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Gold Bureau ?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

In a world with very little customer service, where you are constantly being transferred to a recording or a automated system it's nice to find a company that not only gives you personal service, but actually calls you to follow up on a purchase to make sure you are happy and all your questions are answered. It's unheard of in these times. US Gold Bureau goes above and beyond expectation in customer service. If for no other reason than just the fact that they care! I would highly recommend this company for anyone that wants to purchase gold or silver or gold and silver related products. Their service is exceptional.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

The staff is extremely knowledgeable on their products. They listen to what your goals are and then assist you in obtaining those goals. They never pushed me toward anything. They listen and then guide you with suggestions. I am extremely happy with the company and the products they sell.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Go anywhere else for your Bullion needs! I was deceived about the availability of particular silver bars to get my money in the door, then they tried forcing me into higher premium Bullion. Customer service was good prior to sending them money, then became terrible once they had the upper hand. USGB has fair prices, but are not the lowest, so the money you could save on certain items isn’t worth the experience you’ll have. The two things stopping me from giving them 1-star is that I got my money back after repeated calls, and that they requested me to leave feedback for my experience.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Austin is always ready to answer my questions. Being a novice gold and silver buyer I ask a lot of questions, some of them dumb, but Austin is always helpful and courteous. I feel he is giving me good suggestions on what to buy.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I have traded stocks and real estate for 36 years. I exited both those areas early last year. Research pointed to commodities as an interesting potential. I began with the standard concept of buy low and sell high or even buy high and sell higher, being interested in gold and silver bars only. I was contacted by Mr. Nathan **, U.S. Gold Bureau, who thoroughly discussed my financial circumstances, experiences investing, and risk tolerance, as well as, my preferences for bullion. Mr. ** explained bullion prices were volatile with factors affecting the value that could not be totally foreseen or evaluated. Still, as part of a long range holding ingots could add good value. He was able to cause me to understand that there is a very highly valued classification of coins of various types expected to appreciate in value with a lower risk as they are sought by collectors.

Now, that I have about $40K of these I can understand why. They are in the top 5 of the most beautiful items ever. All my interaction with the personnel at the US Gold Bureau have exceeded expectations for honesty, clear plain spoken information, package preparation and delivery. Bottom line, they know their business and wealth can not continue and increase if a customer does not gain from an investment, so they do everything they can to help my wealth grow. Thank You.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I just wish there was an exchange to easily buy and sell these coins much like the stock market. I view these coins as an investment and I feel they should trade like other investments such as stocks on an open market like the NASDAQ or NYSE. It would be very fluid and I think would survive the test of time. Let us all try to make this happen.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

U. S. Gold Bureau is a good place to buy gold and silver. They have a great inventory and their prices are fair. Easy to make a purchase & most shipping is free. Website is great and easy to maneuver around.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

As this was my first experience at investing in gold and silver, the US Gold Bureau explained in detail my options. They helped me make a decision. They didn't pressure me. They explained it so well that I made an educated decision. They made me feel secure enough about this investment that I plan on adding to my investment.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

The U.S. Gold Bureau is Awesome. It has Great Customer Service, phone notification on shipping, Great Prices on Coins. Fast Shipping and Email Updates. Have visited several times and will continue to do so.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Had a couple of bad experiences buying small amounts with other companies either being overcharged or condescended or both. Not so at the Bureau. My account representative Cassie is always a call away no matter what amount I am purchasing. Shipping is prompt and discreet. I would recommend the US Gold Bureau to friends or strangers.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I created an IRA from this company to buy gold. I bought both gold and silver bullion and collectors coins in 2015. I recently bartered some of my silver and gold to purchase more collectors coins. My wife has a non IRA account there. They have mixed up my account with hers. I have tried to get this corrected for more than 6 months. My rep will not return my calls or emails. I want this corrected because it is an IRA. I believe I was screwed when I bartered Silver Eagle proof 70s. They were sold as bullion. I can’t go around my rep to get help for my concerns because the company does not list phone numbers of management. If anyone knows how to reach management please help. DO NOT DO BUSINESS HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE RIPPED OFF.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I purchased 50k gold, silver and platinum for my IRA. Salesman Bennie ** sold me collector coins with high pressure tactics that they were the absolute right way to invest into my IRA. When I sold them back I was not paid as collector sets and lost $23K. I would not have sold them but they did not give me a value before the sale went through. I was sent a check and that’s when I realized I had been lied to and taken advantage of. Do not deal with this company for anything.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I signed up for an account because they seemed to offer reasonably high bids for buybacks. Sadly when I placed a sell order they would not honor the price and never sent a shipping label despite repeatedly promising that one was on the way. I wish I had the time that I wasted back and am so ecstatic to have missed a good price point while I wasting days dealing with these clowns. What they are good for is endless spam emails and blind telemarketing calls at all hours of the day and night. If you like harassment sign on up.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I’ve been dealing with this company for sometime investing in precious metals, my overall experience is great with excellent customer service, with great advice from whom I’m working with, the portfolio has grown and have no issues. I’m a long time investor and in my opinion this is the way to go especially working with both Gold and Silver, and other products, I highly recommend this company and I will continue to work with them.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Where to begin. First, one of the previous reviews commented he was told he would have to hold onto merchandise for 2 years before he can sell and they changed it to 5 years. They tried to pull that crap on me and I threatened them with a lawsuit etc so, they took back what I had purchased and sold them on consignment like they said they would. Here is the thing. They take 18% of the proceeds which means 18% of your original investment plus 18% of the profits. If you buy 100K worth of product and hold onto it for 5 years and they go up 50%, your portfolio is worth 150K. They return to you, 123K and they keep 27K. You made 23K or 4.6% a year and they made 27K.

In other words, it's not nearly as good investment as you think because the lion's share goes to them. Now, I put a post on another board and they had it removed. I complained and they said, "We have to prove you actually bought the coins." I said, "You have no right to know my name" because I am just review their policy of taking 18 percent of the entire portfolio and not complaining about a subjective issue. They then said, "Well, you have to have an issue with us within the past two years and you showed us a receipt of purchase that was 4 years old so we are removing your negative review." I said, I sold the coins within the last two years and I showed them prove. In other words, they wanted nothing to do with my negative review and had it removed even though everything was valid, I had proof. Do not buy from them unless you do not mind giving them 18% of your profit PLUS 18% of your initial investment.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I purchased gold silver investment coins and was told they would buy them back in 4 years. I have found out that if they buy them back it will be on consignment bases. Not what I was told at the time of purchase.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I purchased silver liberty dollars and similar to others I would periodically receive calls where they would try to tell me my investment has grown by whatever percent. After several of these calls I started to disagree and proved it using eBay while on the call. What happened next was a surprise, he actually hung up on me. A good salesperson might have deflected the conversation to another type of investment. Instead this no talent salesperson couldn’t think of anything else but hanging up. If there’s one review you trust I hope you listen to me and stay far away from US Gold Bureau. There are plenty others out there that are honest.

Original review: June 4, 2018

In June 2016 I talked to Kerry ** that works at U.S. Gold Bureau and I was told that if I purchased gold coin sets they would buyback in 24 months. Well 24 months went by and they now tell me that I have to keep them for 60 months. I was told that they changed from 36 months to 60 months Jan. 2018. They told me that there never was 24 months but that is what I was told and I didn't just make this up and I am very upset that they just change this at will. I never would have tied my money up for that length of time.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I purchased a Gold coin set in 2015. The company said it would grow in value which is what I was hoping for in an investment. I received my set of coins which look like a good set. Every month the company would call me with an exaggerated estimate worth of the coin set. Within the first year it supposedly inflated by 45% of purchase price so I tell them I want to sell it for that price. They then tell me that I have to keep it for at least 3 years before I can get that price. I asked them why they call me every month and tell me an inflated price but received no reply.

Now it is 3 years that I have had the set and want to sell it to them. They now tell me that I have to have it for 5 years before I can sell it at the inflated price and offer me less than what I paid for it. That is a chicken ** way to do business. The seller said that in Jan. 2018 they changed the amount of time people needed to hold the sets they have purchased to 5 years. I should've been given the option to sell it to them for the inflated price since that is the premise I purchased it. What is going to happen in 5 years? They are going to tell me they changed it to 7 years? Do not buy from these SCAM ARTISTS!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

US Gold Bureau put a listing on eBay for a roll of silver eagles at $326 in order to get the names and addresses of bullion buyers. Then a few hours later they cancelled over 1100 orders. This incident occurred on 12/8/17... I urge you not to buy from this company because they have a history of scamming their customers going back to 2009. They have paid off Ripoffreport.com's extortion fee too so that no more complaints against ROR will be published.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I am writing this review because I called John at the U.S. Gold Bureau wanting to buy a gold bullion or Gold coin buffalo. He pressured me to buy an investment buffalo coin. Also when he transferred me to disclaimer then another lady came on and said, "You buying 2 coins correct?" I said, "No, only 1." So I am transferred back to John. So I ask what the deal is in buy back. He says, "Well if you keep the coin 3 years we will buy it back -18% of the value." What a crock! Then I come home one day and there is a FedEx sticker on my door where I have missed a delivery that I was not informed of. So right now I am sitting here the next day missing work. I own my own business so I am really losing $ now and missing a doctor's appointment because if I do not wait for FedEx I will have to drive 2 hours to another state to pick up my coin at the FedEx office. I think this sales was deceptive and uninformative. I wouldn't buy U.S. Gold Bureau if I were you.

Updated on 10/26/2017: I received my coin after much loss of time and $. There is too much to say here. I am presently asking this company to return my money and I will return their overpriced coin. I will update you on the outcome. Original salesman avoiding me now. New contact is trying to sell me even more outrageous priced coins when I questioned him about the price of the one they sent me. Then Martin (the new contact) even called me back with more high pressure sales tactics on even more outrageous priced coins. Want five times plus their worth and telling me it has to be a instant decision.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I made a purchase of graded new U.S. Gold Eagle coins from U.S. Gold Bureau. Prices and availability were competitive with other online sellers. I got discount pricing for paying by personal check, rather than credit. Product was shipped, tracked and delivered promptly; and I received exactly what I had expected.

U.S. Gold Bureau Company Information

2003
    North Mopac Blvd.
    Austin
    TX
    invest.usgoldbureau.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: