2.9/5 (32 ratings)

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Authorized Partner

Find my match

U.S. Gold Bureau Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Gold Bureau?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Gold Bureau ?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I don't normally write reviews, but I wanted to express my utmost appreciation and satisfaction working with Justin **. He is a Metals Specialist with the US Gold Bureau. He reached out when I needed information on how to jump into the precious metal market and I haven't looked back. I have been working with Justin for a couple of months. If you want a knowledgeable and professional specialist to advise you on the most current trends, I would ask for Justin by name. If there is anyone looking to increase their stack or just beginning you can trust this guy. I will be working with US Gold bureau for a long time. Thank you Justin for always being available, approachable and professional. My stack is getting bigger and bigger. Thanks for the advise. I'm a father of four boys and I'm not breaking the bank while looking for a long-term financial option.

- Nestor

Original review: April 12, 2022

Be very careful and do your research before you consider this product. They are quick to take your money for metals, but they are very slow to send your money when you exit and sell back the gold/silver.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I've repeatedly found that U.S. Gold Bureau has the lowest prices on the internet on many bullion products. I ordered a gold bar (using ACH) at a very good price. One of their salespeople left a voice mail saying they needed to verify my address before sending it. When I called, I ended up in a very long, rambling but moderately interesting sales pitch for their "investment grade" numismatic products. It was informative, and the salesman was friendly and earnest, and he kept saying something like "I just ask you to trust me 1% and I'll earn the rest!". However, as he talked I was googling the products he was trying to sell and discovered that USGB's prices on these products are roughly 1.8x the going rate. Also found many admonitions not to get involved in numismatic investing unless you know what you're doing (which had been my gut feeling about it to begin with).

I finally managed to end the conversation by firmly asserting that I would not be buying those products, but I said I would buy another gold bar. He gave me the second gold bar at spot price, thus lower priced than the first one, even though spot had gone up since my initial purchase price. Then as I read more reviews of USGB I started to worry that they might never send me my purchase, or it would get lost in the mail and they wouldn't have customer service to back up the insurance. It took nearly three weeks from the initial purchase to delivery, but eventually it arrived and all was well.

I'm undecided whether I would want to go through that again. On the one hand, they still have excellent prices for bullion but it is clear they use that as an enticement to get people to listen to their hard sell pitch for numismatic products (the salesman basically said as much, and other reviews confirm it). I'm not sure the hassle and delay is worth the $20 difference in premium.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

US Gold Bureau is actually a part of Texas Bullion Depository located in the same building. I tried to cash out a major portion of my metals located at TBD and was told I had to wait 9 days before I could get my cash. Today is day 10 and I have not heard a word. I emailed them this morning and was told I had to wait another 9 days!!! DO NOT USE either Texas Bullion Depository or US Gold Bureau. I hope I'll be able to get my money out someday!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

ON 9/10/20 I transferred part of my stock IRA to cash.US Gold Gureau has since transferred to Strata Trust most of the correct coins. However the 2 sets of 2020 American proof gold eagle sets contained some coins from the wrong year (where is their quality control), AS of 11/30/20 they have not corrected their error.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

This Silver bar was STOLEN Inside the Georgetown Post Office, NOT the first time in the past 2 weeks. I have had about 40% of my purchases shipped through USPS Stolen or gone missing, same thing. I communicated this to one of your sales folks and got Absolutely NO response. I tried to post this on your site as you asked, review the transaction & that FAILED, as either your site is Broken or you disabled me. I live 12 miles from you and had offered to come get it. Why would I ever go through this again. USPS is NOT a reliable shipper. Neither is UPS/APES. If you think I want to waste a month of my time, just to work my butt off to attempt to get my money back (which I spent to get Silver, not just get my money back), you're CLUELESS & CARELESS. Now tell me why I should buy more from you.

Original review: May 27, 2020

My metals were always received in a timely and orderly fashion. There’s always someone you can talk to if you have questions. They’re really informative about the market and their products. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking to start investing in precious metals.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I ordered brand new 2020 platinum coins with deep abrasions in my coins. Most companies will warn of damaged items but this company says quickly writes it off. Customer service is lacking when compared to others. You're better off with APMEX or SILVER GOLD BULL.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Wholesale Coins Direct aka US Gold Bureau the same company, different banner. Many more useful information about their business practices can be found by Google for reviews for both Wholesale Coins Direct and US Gold Bureau. When buying precious metals from online dealer it is imperative that such dealer first and foremost be of impeccable honesty and integrity. You are sending over your hard earned money for merely promise of delivery of certain product on certain time. Ethic and trustworthiness are the key components here. Ethical and trustworthy, I assure you, these guys are NOT.

As of now I am in the same predicament as many people dealing with WCD and USGB, money taken, product delivery is nowhere in-sight, requests for order cancellation ignored. Case in point. On April 27 I ordered product declared by WCD as being “in-stock”. I did not order “pre-sale”, I did not order “pre-order” and I did not order “backorder”. It is also important to know that my orders on 03/13/2020 and on 04/22/202 went without any problems. Sometime mid last week word reached me that something shady is going on with WCD orders and I called. The reply I’ve got from CSR was “No worry, inbound trucks coming every day”. Well, very re-assuring, no ship date, no ship status not even what order number it’s being shipped.

Next day I called my “specialist” Greg **. From Greg: "I will fill out ticket to our shipping department and call you back." Predictably, he did not. Next day and few unreturned phone calls I was able to get hold of “specialist”. Predictably, he told, he was about to call me. He basically told me to wait another 10 days. I said it is unacceptable since this means ordered product is not in stock and they don’t know when it will be back. Asked to cancel this order and re-direct already cleared funds toward the purchase of substitute product that is in stock and available for shipping. He said he agree and will call me back in a minute. And of course he never did. My repeated calls went to voice mail, left message – no reply. Few thing Greg mentioned, COVID-19 and that they are swamped with thousands of orders.

Well, let’s look at numbers: Order No. ** was placed on 03/013, shipped within 3 days of cleared payment. Order No. ** was placed on 04/22, shipped same date of cleared payment. 4110 orders between two dates, average 822/week, however order No. ** that was placed on 04/27 which just 276 orders for this week, not thousands. Moreover, superfast shipping on 04/22 can only be explained that only few items in inventory are available for shipping at that time and no problem to ship. Anyway, all these rants about COVID-19 and thousands of orders just smoke and mirrors. Reality is probably as simple as this: they have problem with their suppliers and they making their problem customer’s problem.

Resolution response: May 9, 2020

Mr. Joshua ** he keep calling and update me...so he get 5 stars.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

My First Order was 2020-01-16. Delivered Wednesday 2/05/2020 at 10:49 am. Almost 3 weeks. They explain they moving. My second Order in the 2020-02-11, Order 14 Unit. They explain it will take 3 weeks, I ask to cancel. They refused... So I am stuck and god know the best when I will get it. They get mad because I refused to purchase a coins with High premium... They will enforce you to do it.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Gold IRA partner.

U.S. Gold Bureau author review by Kathryn Parkman

U.S. Gold Bureau was founded in 2003. It’s currently headquartered in Austin, Texas. It is an authorized purchaser of bulk gold coins, bars and bullion from the U.S. Mint.

• Go diamond: In addition to precious metals, U.S. Gold Bureau also handles sales of precious stones like diamonds.

• Free IRA rollover kit: With this kit, consumers can quickly and easily transfer an IRA into precious metals.

• Reasonable shipping rates: All packages shipped out from U.S. Gold Bureau are typically priced at $15, which includes insurance and signature confirmation of delivery.

• Transparent pricing: The only fee that might be added on to any transaction is the shipping cost. All other fees are included in the displayed price.

• Negotiable bulk pricing: While not well advertised, bulk pricing is available for large value items or large quantity of a single item. Customers will need to call to discuss volume discounts.

by Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

U.S. Gold Bureau Company Information