U.S. Gold Bureau
Looking for a good gold dealer?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

2 U.S. Gold Bureau Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I am writing this review because I called John at the U.S. Gold Bureau wanting to buy a gold bullion or Gold coin buffalo. He pressured me to buy an investment buffalo coin. Also when he transferred me to disclaimer then another lady came on and said, "You buying 2 coins correct?" I said, "No, only 1." So I am transferred back to John. So I ask what the deal is in buy back. He says, "Well if you keep the coin 3 years we will buy it back -18% of the value." What a crock! Then I come home one day and there is a FedEx sticker on my door where I have missed a delivery that I was not informed of. So right now I am sitting here the next day missing work. I own my own business so I am really losing $ now and missing a doctor's appointment because if I do not wait for FedEx I will have to drive 2 hours to another state to pick up my coin at the FedEx office. I think this sales was deceptive and uninformative. I wouldn't buy U.S. Gold Bureau if I were you.

Updated on 10/26/2017: I received my coin after much loss of time and $. There is too much to say here. I am presently asking this company to return my money and I will return their overpriced coin. I will update you on the outcome. Original salesman avoiding me now. New contact is trying to sell me even more outrageous priced coins when I questioned him about the price of the one they sent me. Then Martin (the new contact) even called me back with more high pressure sales tactics on even more outrageous priced coins. Want five times plus their worth and telling me it has to be a instant decision.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I made a purchase of graded new U.S. Gold Eagle coins from U.S. Gold Bureau. Prices and availability were competitive with other online sellers. I got discount pricing for paying by personal check, rather than credit. Product was shipped, tracked and delivered promptly; and I received exactly what I had expected.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want

U.S. Gold Bureau expert review by Andrew Polacek

Founded in 2003, U.S. Gold Bureau is currently headquartered in Austin, TX. It is an authorized purchaser of bulk coins and bullion from the U.S. Mint.

• Go diamond: In addition to precious metals, U.S. Gold Bureau also handles sales of precious stones like diamonds.

• Free IRA rollover kit: With this kit, consumers can quickly and easily transfer an IRA into precious metals.

• Reasonable shipping rates: All packages shipped out from U.S. Gold Bureau are typically priced at $15, which includes insurance and signature confirmation of delivery.

• Transparent pricing: The only fee that might be added on to any transaction is the shipping cost. All other fees are included in the displayed price.

• Negotiable bulk pricing: While not well advertised, bulk pricing is available for large value items or large quantity of a single item. Customers will need to call to discuss volume discounts.

• Best for: This precious metal investment company is best for retirees, savers and speculators.

Profile picture of Andrew Polacek
Andrew Polacek

Investments & Banking Contributing Editor

Following his two-year term as an investment banking analyst for Houlihan Lokey at their Los Angeles headquarters, Andrew Polacek had a seven year private equity career culminating in a role as a Vice President, first as an Associate at Mainsail Partners and later at Crimson Investment where developing relationships with business owners and investment banks was his primary focus. Andrew is also a knowledgeable and passionate investor in gold and silver bullion who has been investing in the space for over 10 years.

U.S. Gold Bureau Company Information