1.83/5
Based on 6 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a good gold dealer?

6 U.S. Gold Bureau Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I purchased silver liberty dollars and similar to others I would periodically receive calls where they would try to tell me my investment has grown by whatever percent. After several of these calls I started to disagree and proved it using eBay while on the call. What happened next was a surprise, he actually hung up on me. A good salesperson might have deflected the conversation to another type of investment. Instead this no talent salesperson couldn’t think of anything else but hanging up. If there’s one review you trust I hope you listen to me and stay far away from US Gold Bureau. There are plenty others out there that are honest.

Original review: June 4, 2018

In June 2016 I talked to Kerry ** that works at U.S. Gold Bureau and I was told that if I purchased gold coin sets they would buyback in 24 months. Well 24 months went by and they now tell me that I have to keep them for 60 months. I was told that they changed from 36 months to 60 months Jan. 2018. They told me that there never was 24 months but that is what I was told and I didn't just make this up and I am very upset that they just change this at will. I never would have tied my money up for that length of time.

Get expert buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I purchased a Gold coin set in 2015. The company said it would grow in value which is what I was hoping for in an investment. I received my set of coins which look like a good set. Every month the company would call me with an exaggerated estimate worth of the coin set. Within the first year it supposedly inflated by 45% of purchase price so I tell them I want to sell it for that price. They then tell me that I have to keep it for at least 3 years before I can get that price. I asked them why they call me every month and tell me an inflated price but received no reply.

Now it is 3 years that I have had the set and want to sell it to them. They now tell me that I have to have it for 5 years before I can sell it at the inflated price and offer me less than what I paid for it. That is a chicken ** way to do business. The seller said that in Jan. 2018 they changed the amount of time people needed to hold the sets they have purchased to 5 years. I should've been given the option to sell it to them for the inflated price since that is the premise I purchased it. What is going to happen in 5 years? They are going to tell me they changed it to 7 years? Do not buy from these SCAM ARTISTS!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

US Gold Bureau put a listing on eBay for a roll of silver eagles at $326 in order to get the names and addresses of bullion buyers. Then a few hours later they cancelled over 1100 orders. This incident occurred on 12/8/17... I urge you not to buy from this company because they have a history of scamming their customers going back to 2009. They have paid off Ripoffreport.com's extortion fee too so that no more complaints against ROR will be published.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I am writing this review because I called John at the U.S. Gold Bureau wanting to buy a gold bullion or Gold coin buffalo. He pressured me to buy an investment buffalo coin. Also when he transferred me to disclaimer then another lady came on and said, "You buying 2 coins correct?" I said, "No, only 1." So I am transferred back to John. So I ask what the deal is in buy back. He says, "Well if you keep the coin 3 years we will buy it back -18% of the value." What a crock! Then I come home one day and there is a FedEx sticker on my door where I have missed a delivery that I was not informed of. So right now I am sitting here the next day missing work. I own my own business so I am really losing $ now and missing a doctor's appointment because if I do not wait for FedEx I will have to drive 2 hours to another state to pick up my coin at the FedEx office. I think this sales was deceptive and uninformative. I wouldn't buy U.S. Gold Bureau if I were you.

Updated on 10/26/2017: I received my coin after much loss of time and $. There is too much to say here. I am presently asking this company to return my money and I will return their overpriced coin. I will update you on the outcome. Original salesman avoiding me now. New contact is trying to sell me even more outrageous priced coins when I questioned him about the price of the one they sent me. Then Martin (the new contact) even called me back with more high pressure sales tactics on even more outrageous priced coins. Want five times plus their worth and telling me it has to be a instant decision.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Gold Bureau ?

Original review: July 31, 2017

I made a purchase of graded new U.S. Gold Eagle coins from U.S. Gold Bureau. Prices and availability were competitive with other online sellers. I got discount pricing for paying by personal check, rather than credit. Product was shipped, tracked and delivered promptly; and I received exactly what I had expected.

U.S. Gold Bureau expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Founded in 2003, U.S. Gold Bureau is currently headquartered in Austin, TX. It is an authorized purchaser of bulk coins and bullion from the U.S. Mint.

• Go diamond: In addition to precious metals, U.S. Gold Bureau also handles sales of precious stones like diamonds.

• Free IRA rollover kit: With this kit, consumers can quickly and easily transfer an IRA into precious metals.

• Reasonable shipping rates: All packages shipped out from U.S. Gold Bureau are typically priced at $15, which includes insurance and signature confirmation of delivery.

• Transparent pricing: The only fee that might be added on to any transaction is the shipping cost. All other fees are included in the displayed price.

• Negotiable bulk pricing: While not well advertised, bulk pricing is available for large value items or large quantity of a single item. Customers will need to call to discuss volume discounts.

• Best for: This precious metal investment company is best for retirees, savers and speculators.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg