2. Finance

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Accredited Partner

Find my match

U.S. Gold Bureau Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Gold Bureau?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Gold Bureau ?

Original review: May 27, 2020

My metals were always received in a timely and orderly fashion. There’s always someone you can talk to if you have questions. They’re really informative about the market and their products. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking to start investing in precious metals.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

In a world with very little customer service, where you are constantly being transferred to a recording or a automated system it's nice to find a company that not only gives you personal service, but actually calls you to follow up on a purchase to make sure you are happy and all your questions are answered. It's unheard of in these times. US Gold Bureau goes above and beyond expectation in customer service. If for no other reason than just the fact that they care! I would highly recommend this company for anyone that wants to purchase gold or silver or gold and silver related products. Their service is exceptional.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

The staff is extremely knowledgeable on their products. They listen to what your goals are and then assist you in obtaining those goals. They never pushed me toward anything. They listen and then guide you with suggestions. I am extremely happy with the company and the products they sell.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

This Silver bar was STOLEN Inside the Georgetown Post Office, NOT the first time in the past 2 weeks. I have had about 40% of my purchases shipped through USPS Stolen or gone missing, same thing. I communicated this to one of your sales folks and got Absolutely NO response. I tried to post this on your site as you asked, review the transaction & that FAILED, as either your site is Broken or you disabled me. I live 12 miles from you and had offered to come get it. Why would I ever go through this again. USPS is NOT a reliable shipper. Neither is UPS/APES. If you think I want to waste a month of my time, just to work my butt off to attempt to get my money back (which I spent to get Silver, not just get my money back), you're CLUELESS & CARELESS. Now tell me why I should buy more from you.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I ordered brand new 2020 platinum coins with deep abrasions in my coins. Most companies will warn of damaged items but this company says quickly writes it off. Customer service is lacking when compared to others. You're better off with APMEX or SILVER GOLD BULL.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Wholesale Coins Direct aka US Gold Bureau the same company, different banner. Many more useful information about their business practices can be found by Google for reviews for both Wholesale Coins Direct and US Gold Bureau. When buying precious metals from online dealer it is imperative that such dealer first and foremost be of impeccable honesty and integrity. You are sending over your hard earned money for merely promise of delivery of certain product on certain time. Ethic and trustworthiness are the key components here. Ethical and trustworthy, I assure you, these guys are NOT.

As of now I am in the same predicament as many people dealing with WCD and USGB, money taken, product delivery is nowhere in-sight, requests for order cancellation ignored. Case in point. On April 27 I ordered product declared by WCD as being “in-stock”. I did not order “pre-sale”, I did not order “pre-order” and I did not order “backorder”. It is also important to know that my orders on 03/13/2020 and on 04/22/202 went without any problems. Sometime mid last week word reached me that something shady is going on with WCD orders and I called. The reply I’ve got from CSR was “No worry, inbound trucks coming every day”. Well, very re-assuring, no ship date, no ship status not even what order number it’s being shipped.

Next day I called my “specialist” Greg **. From Greg: "I will fill out ticket to our shipping department and call you back." Predictably, he did not. Next day and few unreturned phone calls I was able to get hold of “specialist”. Predictably, he told, he was about to call me. He basically told me to wait another 10 days. I said it is unacceptable since this means ordered product is not in stock and they don’t know when it will be back. Asked to cancel this order and re-direct already cleared funds toward the purchase of substitute product that is in stock and available for shipping. He said he agree and will call me back in a minute. And of course he never did. My repeated calls went to voice mail, left message – no reply. Few thing Greg mentioned, COVID-19 and that they are swamped with thousands of orders.

Well, let’s look at numbers: Order No. ** was placed on 03/013, shipped within 3 days of cleared payment. Order No. ** was placed on 04/22, shipped same date of cleared payment. 4110 orders between two dates, average 822/week, however order No. ** that was placed on 04/27 which just 276 orders for this week, not thousands. Moreover, superfast shipping on 04/22 can only be explained that only few items in inventory are available for shipping at that time and no problem to ship. Anyway, all these rants about COVID-19 and thousands of orders just smoke and mirrors. Reality is probably as simple as this: they have problem with their suppliers and they making their problem customer’s problem.

Resolution response: May 9, 2020

Mr. Joshua ** he keep calling and update me...so he get 5 stars.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

My First Order was 2020-01-16. Delivered Wednesday 2/05/2020 at 10:49 am. Almost 3 weeks. They explain they moving. My second Order in the 2020-02-11, Order 14 Unit. They explain it will take 3 weeks, I ask to cancel. They refused... So I am stuck and god know the best when I will get it. They get mad because I refused to purchase a coins with High premium... They will enforce you to do it.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Go anywhere else for your Bullion needs! I was deceived about the availability of particular silver bars to get my money in the door, then they tried forcing me into higher premium Bullion. Customer service was good prior to sending them money, then became terrible once they had the upper hand. USGB has fair prices, but are not the lowest, so the money you could save on certain items isn’t worth the experience you’ll have. The two things stopping me from giving them 1-star is that I got my money back after repeated calls, and that they requested me to leave feedback for my experience.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Austin is always ready to answer my questions. Being a novice gold and silver buyer I ask a lot of questions, some of them dumb, but Austin is always helpful and courteous. I feel he is giving me good suggestions on what to buy.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I have traded stocks and real estate for 36 years. I exited both those areas early last year. Research pointed to commodities as an interesting potential. I began with the standard concept of buy low and sell high or even buy high and sell higher, being interested in gold and silver bars only. I was contacted by Mr. Nathan **, U.S. Gold Bureau, who thoroughly discussed my financial circumstances, experiences investing, and risk tolerance, as well as, my preferences for bullion. Mr. ** explained bullion prices were volatile with factors affecting the value that could not be totally foreseen or evaluated. Still, as part of a long range holding ingots could add good value. He was able to cause me to understand that there is a very highly valued classification of coins of various types expected to appreciate in value with a lower risk as they are sought by collectors.

Now, that I have about $40K of these I can understand why. They are in the top 5 of the most beautiful items ever. All my interaction with the personnel at the US Gold Bureau have exceeded expectations for honesty, clear plain spoken information, package preparation and delivery. Bottom line, they know their business and wealth can not continue and increase if a customer does not gain from an investment, so they do everything they can to help my wealth grow. Thank You.

U.S. Gold Bureau author review by Barbara Friedberg

Founded in 2003, U.S. Gold Bureau is currently headquartered in Austin, TX. It is an authorized purchaser of bulk coins and bullion from the U.S. Mint.

• Go diamond: In addition to precious metals, U.S. Gold Bureau also handles sales of precious stones like diamonds.

• Free IRA rollover kit: With this kit, consumers can quickly and easily transfer an IRA into precious metals.

• Reasonable shipping rates: All packages shipped out from U.S. Gold Bureau are typically priced at $15, which includes insurance and signature confirmation of delivery.

• Transparent pricing: The only fee that might be added on to any transaction is the shipping cost. All other fees are included in the displayed price.

• Negotiable bulk pricing: While not well advertised, bulk pricing is available for large value items or large quantity of a single item. Customers will need to call to discuss volume discounts.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor