2.90/5

Looking for a good gold dealer?

U.S. Gold Bureau

Looking for a good gold dealer?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

U.S. Gold Bureau Reviews

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I have traded stocks and real estate for 36 years. I exited both those areas early last year. Research pointed to commodities as an interesting potential. I began with the standard concept of buy low and sell high or even buy high and sell higher, being interested in gold and silver bars only. I was contacted by Mr. Nathan **, U.S. Gold Bureau, who thoroughly discussed my financial circumstances, experiences investing, and risk tolerance, as well as, my preferences for bullion. Mr. ** explained bullion prices were volatile with factors affecting the value that could not be totally foreseen or evaluated. Still, as part of a long range holding ingots could add good value. He was able to cause me to understand that there is a very highly valued classification of coins of various types expected to appreciate in value with a lower risk as they are sought by collectors.

Now, that I have about $40K of these I can understand why. They are in the top 5 of the most beautiful items ever. All my interaction with the personnel at the US Gold Bureau have exceeded expectations for honesty, clear plain spoken information, package preparation and delivery. Bottom line, they know their business and wealth can not continue and increase if a customer does not gain from an investment, so they do everything they can to help my wealth grow. Thank You.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I just wish there was an exchange to easily buy and sell these coins much like the stock market. I view these coins as an investment and I feel they should trade like other investments such as stocks on an open market like the NASDAQ or NYSE. It would be very fluid and I think would survive the test of time. Let us all try to make this happen.

Get expert buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

As this was my first experience at investing in gold and silver, the US Gold Bureau explained in detail my options. They helped me make a decision. They didn't pressure me. They explained it so well that I made an educated decision. They made me feel secure enough about this investment that I plan on adding to my investment.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Had a couple of bad experiences buying small amounts with other companies either being overcharged or condescended or both. Not so at the Bureau. My account representative Cassie is always a call away no matter what amount I am purchasing. Shipping is prompt and discreet. I would recommend the US Gold Bureau to friends or strangers.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I’ve been dealing with this company for sometime investing in precious metals, my overall experience is great with excellent customer service, with great advice from whom I’m working with, the portfolio has grown and have no issues. I’m a long time investor and in my opinion this is the way to go especially working with both Gold and Silver, and other products, I highly recommend this company and I will continue to work with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about U.S. Gold Bureau ?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Go anywhere else for your Bullion needs! I was deceived about the availability of particular silver bars to get my money in the door, then they tried forcing me into higher premium Bullion. Customer service was good prior to sending them money, then became terrible once they had the upper hand. USGB has fair prices, but are not the lowest, so the money you could save on certain items isn’t worth the experience you’ll have. The two things stopping me from giving them 1-star is that I got my money back after repeated calls, and that they requested me to leave feedback for my experience.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Austin is always ready to answer my questions. Being a novice gold and silver buyer I ask a lot of questions, some of them dumb, but Austin is always helpful and courteous. I feel he is giving me good suggestions on what to buy.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

U. S. Gold Bureau is a good place to buy gold and silver. They have a great inventory and their prices are fair. Easy to make a purchase & most shipping is free. Website is great and easy to maneuver around.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

The U.S. Gold Bureau is Awesome. It has Great Customer Service, phone notification on shipping, Great Prices on Coins. Fast Shipping and Email Updates. Have visited several times and will continue to do so.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I created an IRA from this company to buy gold. I bought both gold and silver bullion and collectors coins in 2015. I recently bartered some of my silver and gold to purchase more collectors coins. My wife has a non IRA account there. They have mixed up my account with hers. I have tried to get this corrected for more than 6 months. My rep will not return my calls or emails. I want this corrected because it is an IRA. I believe I was screwed when I bartered Silver Eagle proof 70s. They were sold as bullion. I can’t go around my rep to get help for my concerns because the company does not list phone numbers of management. If anyone knows how to reach management please help. DO NOT DO BUSINESS HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE RIPPED OFF.

U.S. Gold Bureau expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Founded in 2003, U.S. Gold Bureau is currently headquartered in Austin, TX. It is an authorized purchaser of bulk coins and bullion from the U.S. Mint.

• Go diamond: In addition to precious metals, U.S. Gold Bureau also handles sales of precious stones like diamonds.

• Free IRA rollover kit: With this kit, consumers can quickly and easily transfer an IRA into precious metals.

• Reasonable shipping rates: All packages shipped out from U.S. Gold Bureau are typically priced at $15, which includes insurance and signature confirmation of delivery.

• Transparent pricing: The only fee that might be added on to any transaction is the shipping cost. All other fees are included in the displayed price.

• Negotiable bulk pricing: While not well advertised, bulk pricing is available for large value items or large quantity of a single item. Customers will need to call to discuss volume discounts.

• Best for: This precious metal investment company is best for retirees, savers and speculators.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg