3.9/5 (607 ratings)

About Social Security Administration

Social Security Administration Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Social Security Administration?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

After submitting all necessary paperwork, documents, and being evaluated by SSA doctors, being poked, prodded, tested, etc… These so-called doctors are in a place to either say one is disabled or not. Now, none of the doctors know one iota about a person but they are supposed to be specialists and by one visit they know everything about the individual and thus make a decision based on a piece of paper(s) from other doctors that no longer treat a person. Real doctors treat patients with 75 percent of what the patient tells them and the other 25 percent is based on the physician's book knowledge. The Supreme Court states the following: Negligence per se (1996) 4 SCC 322, the Supreme Court held that a person who does not have knowledge of a particular system of medicine but practices in that system is a quack. Where a person is guilty of negligence per se, no further proof is needed.

So the real negligence is the people they pay to create a decision based on one meeting. Where is the justice? Then you have the ALJ that if one does not address them as Your Honor they don't like it? Well, they are Sir or Ma’am to me. The title does not make the person. So the real gang members and criminals are sitting in the offices. Individuals should not have to suffer at the hand of any government, private, or secular entity.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

Our bank information for deposits was changed. It's no surprise our retirement check was kicked back to SS. What is surprising is the online mountains one must climb to simply change a routing and account number. We do online transactions routinely with all types of vendors all over the universe. But Social Security is about the worst yet. Very sad. We do recall the government royally screwed up the online Affordable Health Act a few years ago. It's not only sad but pathetic Washington cannot get it right.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

It is not really known since when Social Security persecutes people... fundamentally if they are ** or ** or both... if it was before the existence of the SSA as such... when it belonged to its former matrix, better known as Welfare... Or maybe it was already bad and it has gotten worse since its old trumpeter director... Andrew **. (Grandson of the very famous ex-president delinquent Trump... "trumpeter" or something like that). The certain fact is that the SSA has become a center for thieves or who act as such... since they do not show their true face and move behind the scenes to do their tricks.

Who writes Manuel ** has been and is a current victim of a system that we could call like other organizations in this country "a well-organized disorganization"... I have been the victim of a robbery of my retirement money plus theft of SSI benefits for over a year and a half. The SSA has now dedicated itself to removing the money from my ephemeral retirement up to $542… and I have nothing else… after taking away my SSI benefits. The SSA Administration does not give answers to any claim I have made.

I went to the SSA office in Macon. They denied my claim still unknown why. They promised they would send me an “appeal letter” which never came. I went after the famous Atlanta Court of Appeals for justice and nothing. I went there hoping that a violation of the legal system of this country where the judge was blatantly complicit in a conflict of interest would be resolved fairly. Judge Kim ** (Administrative Law Judge) is part of the SSA (which is who pays his check) and is a judge at the same time in the conflicts against the SSA... No one answers anything... No one knows anything. Most likely they are waiting for me to die so they can keep my money. I have knocked on all the doors and no one. Not even the SSA shows its face. They act like thieves that move in the dark.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

I was diagnosed with cancer and a broken back in 2019. Was to be out of work 1-2 years. My daughter is disabled and fearful of my passing. She went to work to help with medical. However, a lady stopped her payments, was very rude and disrespectful. I've been in bed 85% of the time. The whole pandemic. They stopped my daughter's checks. No discussion. Nothing. My daughter being disabled struggled working but was trying only to save my life. After 18 she was to begin receiving my benefits and be able to work part time. But this office is so rude, lazy and disrespectful: they resent people with disabilities and resent working at all during the pandemic.

Well my daughter forced to work now because they stopped her checks. Tore her ACL and her knee and hasn't been able to walk well since October 2021 and goes to therapy 8 hrs a day. Her checks restarted early this year because they screwed up to begin with.... I thought it was being fixed as a supervisor called and said it was. Lol no review, no Drs, no letters. Nothing and they now stopped her checks again. The main line I've spoken to several times said the local office screwed up, they've left messages everything for a call back and to restart my daughter's checks. Nothing. No call back. No fixing. Nothing. These people play God because they are immune from being sued. Well after 3.5 years and more damages to my health because of delays from them I finally will begin getting my own disability; but now my disabilities are permanent vs 1-2 years recovery.

Now because they stopped my daughter's and 6 months waiting on my 1st check. We are facing homelessness due to this office blatant negligence and disregard to people and their disabilities. This office hurts people more than it helps them. In my opinion it's time that SSI is held accountable just like law enforcement is now. They were immune just the same and because of that officers tarnished the badge and created a bad name over all ruining the reputation of the good ones. The same is happening in these SSI offices. They need to be able to be sued, to be removed from office and audited based on behavior. We need a check system, customer feedback, a separate monitor and PR department or internal affairs.

TOO MANY **, are suffering the consequences for these people's actions and delays, people are getting worse health wise, losing homes, cars and medical treatment due to their delays and gross negligence! I'm on the phone for the 8th time time month now as I'm writing this and they said on the national line there's nothing they can do. It's the local office's responsibility. I've got a documented timeline of my calls but they say that they can only see the most recent call and nothing before that. I'm wondering if someone is deleting information in order to cover their mistakes. They are above the law and immune to legal repercussions.

I'm requesting to speak to a supervisor of the national line now as I write this. They called local office and allegedly someone will call me today. Let's see, fingers crossed!!! America needs to stand up to this nightmare people are facing, SSI needs reforms, I pray everyone begins seeing this and starts writing their congressional and legislative representatives! Fight for your rights, your taxpaying rights that you earned....

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Trying to get my LEGAL son's copy of social security card. This office has me running in circles. My son has a ss number and just needs his permit. Why are you giving me a hard time! Why do you make it SO easy for ILLEGAL citizens. You people are backwards.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

Calling the main number entails at least an hour wait time, and be prepared to get disconnected when you finally get through. I have made three attempts to report the death of my husband, waiting on hold over an hour each time. Each time, the same scenario. They ask you 20 questions, then put you on hold and the call drops. The website is no better. Been trying for weeks to sign in but the site freezes up immediately. This is so unacceptable, and so frustrating. And the folks working there could care less. They ask you for a phone number in case of being disconnected but all three times, no one made an attempt to call me back.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

I live in another country, so I filed my application through the Niagara Falls office. They are professional, courteous and CAN BE REACHED BY PHONE. This is a much better experience than the one I had at the Maryland office, where they lost my birth certificate (sent with tracked mail) and then claimed they never got it and ALSO never told me that the application wasn't complete. Mr. ** at the Niagara Falls office was sympathetic, professional, and actually called me when the replacement birth certificate arrived at their office to tell me that the stalled account would be activated, albeit late. Use regional offices whenever possible, NOT the national one. You will have better results. I have the highest praise for the staff in the Niagara Falls office.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

The Social Security field offices commit document abuse. They are refusing to accept my US passport as proof of identity. Simple as that. They refuse to get my name right as based on my current US passport.

Original review: July 5, 2022

Can’t service the public due to broken system. You can forget making a phone call because you will never get a human, you will be thrown into the endless automated loop. Used the online option, and after filling everything out was told the online system was not working and that my information was wrong, they failed to identify what specifically was wrong, turns out I put my middle name in so they kicked the whole thing out. We are being made to do the work the employees were hired to do. Why are we paying them? This agency is broken, full of excuses, outdated and sluggish. Everyone should be fired! If you have the documents and information necessary to apply for services, get a card, replace a card or anything else, It should be fast, effective and efficient. This is the 21st century.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I was working in the USA between the years of 1997 to 2001 paying all my taxes, pension and medicare during that time. My surprise was that since I haven't completed 10 years working in the USA, my pension or aid cannot be granted and all the money I pay goes to the USA. USA do not return the money paid for the pension or medicare. Now my question is how much is the total number of workers who are in my situation and how much are the millions of dollars that the USA pockets. The other surprise is that the agreement that supposedly has with Canada does not influence anything so that the pension is calculated based on the existing agreement. In other words, it's all political straw. If you read this review take your precautions because none of the money paid by you will be returned if you work legally in the USA.

Social Security Administration Company Information