1.21/5

Last updated: April 20, 2018

352 Social Security Administration Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

All I want to do is change my mom's address, because she had moved. Only English and Spanish are available when you call, so I asked to get a translator to authorize me as a representative for my mom. Got hung up immediately which ticked me off because I was on hold for 1 hour. I called them back, but this time opted to have to have a callback which was going to take 1.5 hour. I had over an hour to cool down and this 2nd agent put me on hold for 1 minute and then all of a sudden, I was taken to the survey portion of the call. I, of course, gave a very bad rating, but I very much doubt anyone will do anything about it. My mom still receives her benefits, so I guess when they need something from her, they can call.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I called in January 2018 to make appointment to file for widow benefits. My birthday was in March and I called well in advance but was told no appointment was available till March 5th. I was not happy hearing this as I had done what was expected to file on time. So received the call on March 5th to start the process. I asked the case worker when I would receive my direct deposit and she stated April 18th - I said, "Are you sure," she said yes.

So I was working at the time and stopped working having been told when I would receive my benefit. Well guess what - now I am not working and my damn application is still being processed - this case worker out and out lied to me - now I have no income and all my bills are piling up - why in the hell did she say, "Oh yes you’ll start receiving April 18th,"- what the heck am I to do??? I went to local SS office and explained my dilemma and was told the application is sitting on someone’s desk. What the hell. You would think I was taking money that I wasn’t eligible for. I am absolutely disgusted.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous & Personal Care delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I called SSA on behalf of my daughter in law who is deaf because she wanted to stop receiving SSI. After waiting for almost an hour, a man named something like Frogiz answered. When I told him I was calling for my deaf daughter in law he said she would have to call on the TTY line. And tried to hang up on me, I said “do not hang up on me! I’ve been on hold for an hour”. He started yelling at me “Dude? Dude? I’m not a dude! I’m not your friend!” I said “you are being so rude to me!” And he mimicked me and said “you are being so rude to me”. I told him I was going to let my daughter in law give him permission to talk to me and when he talked to her, he said he didn’t believe it was really her and hung up on us! It was the most unprofessional call I have ever had.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I am disabled, received social security benefits and Medicare part A and B after years of fighting prove I am disabled (sadly as my medical issue was well documented and obvious). My husband was active duty military when I started working again, I had been working for a year before his retirement and was no longer receiving benefits. Not paying part B Medicare as Tricare was my insurance and was given no direction or advise to keep it. After he retired we realized I was not covered by Tricare because if I'm eligible for Medicare I must pay it or lose my insurance.

Spent months trying to sort this, nobody knows anything, waiting for calls back from Tricare and trying to call Medicare and social security has been a nightmare. I spoke with a rep at SS yesterday after an hour long hold, she was extremely rude, and her supervisor was useless. They said I should go the office. The website doesn't let me log in, says my username has two E's, but they say it's only one. Tried to change password and locked out. This is very deeply saddening to me, and gross that people having disability or retirement have to deal with this. TOTALLY GROSS AMERICA.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I was helping my Dad and we called the SS number for help getting online. The wait time was about an hour and 40 mins. We spoke with Antonio I think was his name. We told him my Dad doesn't know his security question answers and we had already requested the temporary password in the mail twice and never received it. Antonio said there is nothing we can do, he said he can only keep sending him letters and kept arguing that it's not possible to forget the answers because he had put them in.

I explained he must have done it a very long time ago and asked if there is any way he can ever go online. He said there is nothing he can do about that. I told him then he can request a third letter to see if we get it and he hung up right away. Their office is closed so I can't call them back again. So much for customer service, agents like this should be fired. This administration is a complete mess and no wonder why, they can’t hire competent people who are actually willing to help. What a shame and disgrace.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Social Security Administration?

Original review: April 10, 2018

I have made several trips to our local Siskiyou co office for benefit information. I have been given the number of the County Welfare Dept where I must register... I did not know this was a prerequisite for receiving social security retirement money. Two months have gone by without pay. My social security is not a lot... My husband gets his which is around a thousand which is low compared to the rest of the world. My feeling is that they discriminate against us as we are old 66 and 68 with husband severely disabled from stroke. It's possible the Siskiyou County Social Service Dept is actually running or influencing affairs of the Siskiyou Social Security office. This may be how things are done... Possibly we have outstanding debt with the Siskiyou Human Services Dept.

We get great medical care outside of Siskiyou County with no cost to county. We do hospice work with our people for no pay and do not want a case opened with Siskiyou Social Services Dept. I realize I am not going to get any social security money so will get care for husband (68) and get a job instead of trying to retire. I am 66. Perhaps several years down the pike the Siskiyou Welfare Social Services will retire their crystallized social workers who want to see retirees abused by holding up their pay. I will go to the state capital to try to get this cleared up. Write your capital and Washington. Communicate with your representatives... We deserve our homes and a decent income... Disabled people are disposable and treated like garbage. This county is run by a bunch of bullies... Perhaps the old ones in the Welfare Dept should retire themselves instead of paying their bills with our social security retirement money?

Original review: March 27, 2018

My experience is very disheartening. I served this country and when I became deathly ill I couldn't get my underpayment from SSDI even though I became homeless. My only transportation broke down and I still haven't received my back pay. My case was high priority and still no payment. In dire need living in a hotel after double bypass where I died. Had to be revived. Was awarded disability in Jan 2018 and fell on hard times after I returned home. My lawyer was paid in February and I've received I check and I still haven't received my back pay. I'm so disappointed in this country government that I believed in so much I went in the military at 17 and now I get no respect after working since 15.

I'm a voter and a citizen of this country. Disabled veteran, now homeless, car broke down, finances in terrible state. With a high priority case to receive my back with no response from payment center and when I've showed up twice to the local office in the freezing cold to get help they keep changing what the follow up policy for checking a dire need high priority case. Total shame my body can't take the cold. I was in so much pain. SMH. After centuries of this system being a mess it still is but we pay billions in taxes and we can't fix a system for the working class. It's an absolute shame this country is so heartless to the sick people who served and built this country. One check couldn't pull me out of this situation and I've been out of work since 2014. When they claim they are helping Veterans not True. I haven't received one penny to help me from no agency.

So now I can't stay here because with my condition can't stay here. So on top of this now I can't go get another house cause I don't have the income to qualify. I've been on my own since 17. Had my own. Lived on my own. I made 60,000.00 and more. Now sick. No income for 1 year and have no income. Waiting for my decision from SSDI. Get it in Jan. No check till March 2018 and still haven't received 17 months of my back pay. Can someone help me out.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I just called today about a email I got on the weekend. After waiting 25 min I got a rep on the phone and told her after saying good morning to bear with me. I had eye surgery and was having trouble seeing. I explain my call and she looked up my information and when I told her I could not get into my online account she said I had to go to the office to get them to help me because she could not. I didn’t understand because it told me if I need help to call the 1-800-772-1213 number. She kept calling it something other than the ss office so I asked her again.

Once I understood that she was saying the ss office I was unset with myself because I forget my security question. Next thing I know she is talking about me to another co worker and she forgot to hang up the phone saying I got mad at her because I don't know what I am doing. I told her, “Before you start talking about someone you should make sure you hang up and I wasn’t mad at you.” And before I could say I was sorry for making her feel I was mad at her she kept talking and hang up when she saw I was still on the line. I tried to call back to complain only to get a Cris on the phone putting me on hold for a few min coming back saying his supervisor was not in and all he could do is take the phone number down and have them call me back in 24 hour then he started asking me what wrong.

I told him no disrespect to him but I needed to talk with a supervisor not him. I felt like he wanted to warn them that there was a complaint coming through and he wanted to know what it was about so he could go around and find out who took the call. No one should have to her them talking about them period and I feel that they don’t care and I do not believe that there was no one to take my call. I think they all cover for each other and that he knew there was someone for me to talk to but he wanted to find out first so they could get their story together.

Original review: March 26, 2018

The reason for this review is because I'm fed up with trying to get my information from the Social Security Admin. Online account... Of which I've had a long standing account with. Recently I lost login info so I requested a "forgot password" to reset my password. I spent a couple hours getting this info and logging on to my account. I was logged into my account and was resetting my password when I kept getting a message that they didn't recognize my information. Now mind you, I was already logged into my account and it wouldn't let me change my password. I have purchased online for over ten years as a buyer and I'm well versed in setting up accounts and resetting passwords. The SSA makes this process impossible and even more so to access my account info.

Original review: March 22, 2018

78 y's/o, and a Marine for 6 years, (1961-1967) I became homeless in 1999, which lasted until I was about 66 y/o! 7+ years! I always had SUB-Penny Stocks and despite one time where I sold for 400 dollars, (Purchase Cost not included,) I lost all the time one way or another! With all the losses, I never thought to disclose them... yes a mistake I guess, but I may have had a claim to certain Dollar reductions or added benefits?

SO, I had an audit in February of 2018 where A Mr. **, looked over whatever, and was just in the process of dismissing me when I asked him; "Mr. **, what about Sub-Penny Stocks?" I decided it was a good time to find out one way or another! Yes, I brought the subject up to him, not the other way around, which I always assumed that SSI knew about them? Well, the look of the devil came in his eyes, and I felt it was a mortal sin which terrified me!

Ok, a miracle occurred where one the one in a Million P-Stock began rising, making it (Gers) the only one doing any good, and after many reverse splits, started rising and reached about $6,000 of the $7,191.++ dollar number, excluding purchase costs of course! He immediately (February 22, 2018,) asked for the last month's statement, and that I had 10 days to provide it! So by the time I was to send it in, I decided to take into account February's final amount, which turned out to be $ 4,484.++ Dollars, and sent that in besides January's final amount! I got a letter stating that they (decided,) yes decided, that they would use the $7,191.++ amount which I felt wasn't the last amount, but the previous month's accounting! They want us to be fair, but is that fair? Maybe I guess?

I never even told him that I didn't have a car, or van, and that my intention was to buy one with the proceeds, (If I could sell-out,) which is almost impossible with the low volume accompanying P-Stock buying! They quickly suspended me and am now waiting for the final judgment as to how much I owe them, and under what terms!

I came to the conclusion that SSI helped me buy many of those Sub-Penny Stocks, which I came to realize was a great thing, but selling the stock where only maybe 5-12 people participate every day, does not indicate that stock being anywhere near the $7,000.++ worth! I might be able to sell-out when the price goes down to $3,000 or so, but NO guarantee there either? I want to do the right thing as I now fully realize their standards, but with the euphoria of that stock climbing, SSI was the last thing on my mind! But I sense power being utilized here, and I certainly am not the one with any power at all! Any suggestions? Please, this senior has nothing, and might never have anything? Thanks.

Original review: March 21, 2018

The SSA stopped my SSI payments because I have been unemployed. I have cerebral palsy in my right arm and leg since birth and they refuse to pay me because I made some money, but then I got laid off in November of 2017. It is now March of 2018. I have less than $1000 in my bank account and they refuse to pay me $750 a month. I was screamed at by a government agent who told me that I was lying about my money situation and that I was lying about being unemployed. I have told them on several occasions that I do not have a job and that I have a pre existing disability yet, they still deny me SSI.

I have bills, prescription meds and food that I have to pay for with $0 income. How in the world do they expect me to live? I cannot get a job because nobody is hiring! They have even made me cry on the phone while screaming at me! What a joke! I am going to have to write another appeal letter and I will keep fighting them, but this is absolutely ridiculous!

Original review: March 15, 2018

I just waited an 1 1/2 hours for Social Security to answer my questions. They picked up and bam they hung up!!! Called back only to hear I have to wait another 1 1/2 hours. Blood pressure is soaring right now!! This is what our tax dollars pay for? So furious and sick and tired of these agents who could care less and they don't get fired!!!

Original review: March 13, 2018

Yesterday I spoke to a social security claims rep. I asked him why, within the last 5 years or so, reexaminations for SSI continued eligibility have been conducted every year whereas during the 80, 90's etc they were imposed every 10 years at the most. He intimated that it suddenly dawned on the SSA that their methods of monitoring were insufficient during that period. Evidently the general idea is that they are now overcompensating for their incompetence by imposing the threat of being disqualified on people who are at an age where they are even less capable than they were during the SSA's alleged period of incompetence.

Since a phone number and permanent address are required for the qualification interviews, there is the added burden of maintaining contact systems within debilitated circumstances or lost benefits. It seems that beyond a certain age, the SSA as a necessary evil would have the decency to just leave recipients alone to grow old in peace and comfort.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

This administration needs an entire overhaul. They sit behind a desk & don't give a damn about anything you say or are going through. Then they apologize & state, "I will send out an "urgent" request for your missed payment to be direct deposited within a day." Here it is (10) days later & four phone calls just to be told at local Glen Burnie MD office, "we have (30) days to reply!!!" REALLY. DOES THE WORD URGENT MEAN NOTHING!!! They made the damn mistake, not me. I have worked all my life, no handouts & I have to wait 30 days because they made a mistake, oversight, whatever??? I'm telling you something has to be done & they wonder why people are losing it. If I was here illegally I would not have a problem would I? Now I sit with no money to pay bills, no gas, & no meds for high blood pressure!!! This world & this Administration should be eliminated, someone in office NEEDS TO go through this before anything will change.

Updated on 03/02/2018: Well it's me, I'm back, took a missed day of work with the last bit of gas I have! Went to my local office asking them why they didn't reply to the "URGENT" message the SS ADMINISTRATION guy told me he was sending? Lady stated we received the message but there is nothing we can do! What so he lied (5) days ago???

She said, "I see here where you did speak to a woman as stated on the 22nd of February and you went over your pay & I also see where there has been payments taken out for overpayment", I said, "Then why did I not receive a payment in February??" She said, "Oh they will pay you for February & March but, the system has to catch up so you won't get a scheduled payment until April." I said, "APRIL!!! I was told by that man that it was clearly marked a hardship & I should have a deposit within days." Really??? So the SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION IS A JOKE, & THEY ARE PUBLIC SERVANTS WHO DEPEND ON A "COMPUTER SYSTEM"??? I now have nothing, nothing till April. Gee maybe my high blood pressure will kill me before then & the state will save money!!! What a heck of a way to treat anyone, who has worked all their lives!!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

No matter what the rating in the field may say - I was way more than dissatisfied with my experience with the SSA. In 1997 I was an RCA with the USPS. I had young children and it was a perfect job for me. Anyway, I was in a car accident which injured my neck severely. I went to my doctor a chiropractor and was off work for a long time. I tried to work but was unable. I was told by my doctor that should probably file for SSD. So I did. I was 40. I went to my hearing with an attorney and witnesses and the judge denied me. So I refiled thinking that I might get a different judge but no. To make a long story short the SSA and the SSD ALJ screwed with my claim accused me of "malingering" and making my doctors lie and having my witnesses try and lie for me. I have more than enough proof of being injured and disabled but that judge wouldn't believe any of it.

So I had to try to get by on very little and just kept trying to get the help I needed. I filed to the state circuit court to try and get someone to listen but they merely read the prior ALJ's input and didn't pay any attention to the facts that I was trying to convey to them. Finally the attorney that was trying to help me said that there was nothing further he could do (that's when I tried to get the state circuit court's attention) that went on for a long time. Finally I got back in touch with the attorney and because the SSA had lost some of the file I had the right to have another hearing so we did but again it was before the same ALJ so of course it was denied. There was absolutely no logic to what they were trying to get me to believe. Why would any doctor put their license on the line by deliberately lying to make a patient appear to be disabled. I seen several different doctors throughout the whole thing.

I could understand them playing down the problems and pain a patient was having but not the other way. However the attorney found something that made it possible for me to basically go around the system a bit. He got me some help due to the fact that I had turned over 50 with the same or worse problems however by that time my kids were grown up and I wasn't able to be the kind of mom they deserved. So when I finally the acceptance letter and explanation it was signed by another judge. I read it and that judge basically indicated that they had no problem believing that I had incurred all those problem and was disabled. I don't know what that first ALJ thought he had against me but he made my life a living hell from which I could not escape.

I have MRI's and things that show that I was in pain (not to mention the fact that I was on ** and ** throughout most of the time I was trying to get the help). So if you can tell me if there is any kind of ramifications that can be done to possibly rectify this so others do not have to be insulted, humiliated, degraded and made to feel helpless then maybe the system could be what it was intended to be.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

This complaint is about how they tell us seniors that we will be getting a 2% raise in 2018. Well, I got mine but Medicare got most of all of the raise. I believe that they tell us this (which we are so happy to get) so Medicare can raise my A and B deductible. We look forward to the raise when they say we will be getting one just so we can pay for every other thing they raise on us every year. I don't understand how they think seniors can live on what they want use to live on. Some seniors try to live on very little. Why don't someone help us?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Social Security cannot keep records or tell you the same thing each time you call. TOTAL MESS. I always do exactly what they say but always get letters that tell me otherwise. Each time I call, is a different person and they claim they do not know or have anything from the previous conversation/transaction. SS is a terrible place to work with unfortunately when it is needed by so many.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

My original claim was back in 2005. After appeals and yearly waits between steps I just got denied again and it's 2018. The way the administration drags their feet is a disgrace. My documentation was as large as a phonebook and the two judges specifically looked for reasons not to approve my request when in both instances it was agreed gainful employment was not possible. People are already desperate when they file the claim and the waiting game and intentional delays is not a good way to foster trust on the government's end. Seeing people in the process of receiving financial help and undergoing drug rehab at my doctor makes my ears feel like they want to shoot fireballs. Especially now. The way things are handled as of now is a disgrace.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I meet the listing 11.09 for MS. I hired an attorney to file my claim for disability in January 2017 because I was about to have 2 spinal surgeries and would not have time to deal with my case. The attorney did not inform me that the paralegal assigned to my case would be out on maternity leave. I got hit with several requests for information from the DDS. I had to answer these myself and make multiple calls to the DDS a day out of the hospital, because the paralegal wasn't around and the attorney didn't transfer my case to anyone else.

I fired the attorney shortly after that and my case was denied for the first time in June 2017. I found attorney #2 and he filed the Appeal for Reconsideration. Unfortunately, attorney #2 did not inform me that I could submit further medical records to update my case and also rebut the ridiculous DDS consultant's Residual Functional Capacity -like "Is capable of unlimited standing, crouching, walking, etc." In fact, attorney #2 did not even submit a request to the DDS asking for the documents they relied on to make the denial. I did that myself, after spinal surgery 2 and before knee surgery. And then I fired attorney #2. Before I had a chance to respond to the DDS, they issued the second denial.

I went online to submit a request for hearing but the system kept erroring out and would not take my online form. After a call to the SSA, it was discovered that attorney #2, whom I had fired 3 weeks before the 2nd denial was issued filed a Request for Hearing even though he was no longer my attorney and had no right to do so. His Request for Hearing canceled mine, which included updated information on my condition, which had worsened. So now my case, which meets the Listing 11.09 for MS, and never should have been denied in the first place, is stuck in queue waiting for a hearing.

A few weeks later, an MRI of the brain indicated I had developed new brain lesions and an MRI of my hip showed that I had torn the cartilage in my hip and will need a replacement. I called the ODAR for a status on my wait for hearing on 1/19/2018. The representative told me that my Request for Hearing was submitted on September 9, 2017 and it would be a MINIMUM OF 2 years for my case to make it in front of an ALJ, but If I get an eviction notice (I have a mortgage) or a utility shutoff I can contact my senator or ask that my case be expedited but not to count on that ever happening. This incredibly disgusting system fails on so many levels, it is beyond unacceptable. The Arizona DDS gets away with not following Listing Guidelines and the unlucky claimants often times end up getting sicker and sicker, as claims are erroneously denied and egregiously delayed.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I went to the office in Rome, GA where I asked the representative for help on filling out some paperwork. She asked me was there no help at home to do that. I responded no. I have carpal tunnel and arthritis in both hands so 8 pages front and back was very time consuming. I stated that the letter says if you need help to come up and ask. Well after the representative displaying her lack of interest in my sole purpose for being there I decided to just go on home. I'll take however many days it took to finish rather than dealing with unethical situation like that.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I qualified for SSI 3 years ago in Joplin Missouri. Then we had a house fire and had to move back to Colorado Springs, where I was assigned Candace ** for an agent. 2 years went by, during which I had to sell my car, my goods, and eventually my home, which I did not owe a mortgage on, thanks to the insurance money. But SSI insisted that money be spent in 6 months or be disqualified.

Over the next 18 months, I made dozens of calls to Candace. I begged, I pleaded with her to resolve my case so I could start collecting the benefits I was entitled to. Eventually I had to sell our home without ever receiving benefits in Colorado. My daughter and I then moved to Kansas. I went to the local office and my new rep, Ryan, apologized profusely for what she had done. My daughter and I were homeless and living in a crappy motel because of Ms. **. Ryan checked what progress she had made, which turned out to be none. Candace had not even changed the jurisdiction of my case from Missouri to Colorado!! So how was she working on it??

I had complained to both her supervisor and the supervisor above them both. Nothing was ever done at the Colorado Springs office to help me in all that time. Thanks to Ryan, I finally got my payments and found a home to rent. He did more for me in 24 hours than Candace ** did in 24 months. Candace ruined my life. She cost my daughter and I everything we had of any value. Her inability or unwillingness to do her job properly is a disgrace to our government and as far as I know she was never even censured. That woman should be fired immediately and those above her put on notice not to fail like that again.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

So, just trying to find an office where I can obtain a replacement social security card, because in my state, you can't apply for one online. Called. Waited for an hour and 15 minutes for someone to help me. The guy told me I could go to any social security office to submit the paperwork for a replacement card. So I went to one of the offices in the suburbs, waited in line 30 minutes, and was told, nope, have to go downtown and they close at 3:30, and it was already 3:00. Ok, didn't have time to drive 20 minutes to downtown and find parking so I went home, mad as a hornet, and called again.

Once again, on hold for an hour, got a woman, very snotty, said she couldn't tell which offices I could go to other than the one downtown. Asked to speak to a supervisor, was told no. She offered a technical advisor but said he wouldn't be able to tell me more than she had (which was nothing), but I said, "Yes, I'll talk to him," and then she hung up on me! Calling for the 3rd time today now. Sitting on hold for the 3rd hour, I am, at the very least, going to lose another workday dealing with this. I could just cry, and then scream, then cry again... God help me when I actually retire and have to rely on social security!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

HA HA Big laugh. We all got a SS raise as of 2018. Medicare got the raise. We didn't get it. I have gotten the same amount for 3 years now. This is a shame. Could any of the politicians, Governor, Legislators, Senators etc live on this amount. NO they couldn't. That's why no one gets a raise. This is really sickening to give old people that have to keep working in their 80's (if they are able) no raises and the ones that can't work get nothing either. Something has got to be done and soon.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I have 2 non-relative children I take care of. Their mom passed away June 8th. Took me until August to get appointment to apply in Port Orange Fl. Obviously no dispute she passed away however, it's December approaching Christmas and no Survivors benefits have been paid. I call faithfully once a week. I have filed hardship needs with them. My worker from office never returns calls. The babies are 13 months and 28 months both in diapers both with special needs. I do not understand this system.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I just received my notice of the 2% increase. What a joke. I will get less in 2018 than I did in 2017. A decrease of $11.00 because of medicare increase in premium. What aggravates me is I am 81 years old and still working full time and last year I paid $1400.00 in SS Taxes. Ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I called the 1800 number. The young lady answered the phone and she didn’t know what she was talking about. I asked her about the Medicare. She told me to call another number that had nothing to do with Medicare. Your company needs to get better customer service.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Well, my kid receives SSI, it took me several years, and had to look for a lawyer. First application was denied then I appealed, it was denied again, let passed several years, until finally I had no choice to see a lawyer. Well, my son now gets SSI under my name with direct deposit now. I received a letter from Social Security stating he no longer wants direct deposit for his payments and they will send the checks instead which is pretty weird cause it's already delayed, and my son is underage. Of course he never contacted the SS OFFICE, and how can they tell he no longer wanted direct deposit if he's a kid!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

The person who was handling my review was and is very wrong. Not once would she return my calls and she sent me to a psych who did not even speak English and could not understand anything that I said. Yet this lady decided to take only his opinion which God only knows what he could have possibly wrote because again he never understood a word I said. Plus I am 95% bedridden and I tried to tell the lady but like I said she refused to return my calls. I was in a Workers Comp accident and I saw the highest doctors you could see and both the psych and the physical doctor said I could never work again in my life. I am 41, 95% bedridden, cannot do anything for myself, always in pain, cannot stand for more than 2 minutes, cannot use my hands due to the accident and having had a doctor that took out my glands and left my nerve exposed under my right arm and I am right handed so I cannot even write for more than 5-10 seconds.

Mentally I am a mess as I am bipolar, have PTSD, ADHD, severe depression, anxiety and personality disorders. Have gained 85 lbs in less than a year. Have attempted suicide on several occasions and had to be brought back to life, have endometriosis, IC, IBS, fibromyalgia, gastric ulcer, hiatal hernia, acid reflux, gastritis, HPV and I can go on but yet this lady somehow found that I can go back to work?? I don't have money to get an attorney and if my benefits stop I will be homeless because I can't work and yet they have the right to do this to me?? Not to mention how long it took me to even get my disability benefits to begin with. It's not ok and I don't know what to do?? They are evil!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

My daughter receives social security disability from her father who's disable. On October 11th, SSA sent a large payment to her card that’s not set up to receive amounts that large. I received a letter on the 16th of October alerting me of the check (back pay) that’s due to her "coming soon". By October 23rd, I checked the balance on her card to see if it posted... it never posted. A check never even came in the mail. I called SSA customer care same day only to be told the check was mailed back to them on the 12th and it's sitting at the payment center. November 2nd I called customer care and was told they'd do a "??? Receipt", (can't remember the first word) and my check would be deposited in 3-5 days.

A week goes by and I call again on the 5th and updated my banking info where I wouldn't have to wait on a paper check in the mail. Still no form of payment. I called today, November 13th, after I seen that my payment still haven't posted and my daughter couldn't have her outpatient surgery done, I went to the SAA building highly upset. I was again given the runaround. I bet if money was owed to them, they'd take it by any means. Money that’s DUE TO YOU regardless, they drag their feet paying you. I'm still waiting and my daughter needs her money ASAP!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I was approved August 17th 2017. In the courtroom the judge herself said, "I Grant the approval for you." Then after I asked my attorney how long since I've been approved will it take to start receiving checks because I literally live in my car and have been for 2 years now. She stated "60 days give or take." Ok. So 2 and a half months after my 60 days. I called SSI and they informed me they were completely backed up and to expect to wait another 2 weeks and if by then I haven't received anything call back. We are now into just over 3 months after my hearing. I have now been told by the office that I was approved by that it could take another 6 months possibly longer to get the approval letter, let alone the money.

I called my attorney and she put in for a way to get me expedited a bit sooner than the given time frame since I might not survive any longer living the way I have to. Yet still nothing from them. It's killing me to have to sleep in a back seat each night, not be able to properly clean myself, eating is tough. And finding anywhere I can legally park overnight to sleep where I don't have to pay is absolutely impossible. I don't know what else to do and all I'm waiting on is the approval letter and my checks to come in. It's been recorded on tape by the judge that I am approved. What more is there to do? I'm seriously afraid that by the time I get the approval letter, let alone any check, I might be dead. And I'm not overplaying this. I have to rely on medication to keep me alive and I have no money to pay for it, let alone the appointments to get the prescriptions.

Social Security Administration Company Information