3.9/5 (603 ratings)

About Social Security Administration

Social Security Administration Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Social Security Administration?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Social Security Administration?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

The Social Security field offices commit document abuse. They are refusing to accept my US passport as proof of identity. Simple as that. They refuse to get my name right as based on my current US passport.

Original review: July 5, 2022

Can’t service the public due to broken system. You can forget making a phone call because you will never get a human, you will be thrown into the endless automated loop. Used the online option, and after filling everything out was told the online system was not working and that my information was wrong, they failed to identify what specifically was wrong, turns out I put my middle name in so they kicked the whole thing out. We are being made to do the work the employees were hired to do. Why are we paying them? This agency is broken, full of excuses, outdated and sluggish. Everyone should be fired! If you have the documents and information necessary to apply for services, get a card, replace a card or anything else, It should be fast, effective and efficient. This is the 21st century.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I was working in the USA between the years of 1997 to 2001 paying all my taxes, pension and medicare during that time. My surprise was that since I haven't completed 10 years working in the USA, my pension or aid cannot be granted and all the money I pay goes to the USA. USA do not return the money paid for the pension or medicare. Now my question is how much is the total number of workers who are in my situation and how much are the millions of dollars that the USA pockets. The other surprise is that the agreement that supposedly has with Canada does not influence anything so that the pension is calculated based on the existing agreement. In other words, it's all political straw. If you read this review take your precautions because none of the money paid by you will be returned if you work legally in the USA.

Original review: March 10, 2022

I walked all the way down to the office and arrived promptly before 3:00 and it was closed due to Covid 19 I presume. RUDE. I need my SSI $2,442. in my JP Morgan chase account as I' am struggling. I have negative $72 in my JP Morgan chase and zero dollars in my credit union. I faxed in the documents Feb 4th and the 18th. Along with a letter of appeal.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

My wife applied Medicare on Jan 4th. She is still waiting. I don’t know why it takes so long for the Medicare. This kind of process should be computerized and automatic already. We really wastes our tax money for the bureaucracy。

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

Original documents are being sent through regular mail without any form of tracking them. My originals are lost and they are refusing to replace or take accountability. They are blaming the post office and I was told I should have requested my documents be sent through secure mail and paid for it (I sent it through certified mail, but they don’t even have a tracking code). This is completely unacceptable.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

It literally says on the faq page on the SSA page if calling to schedule, reschedule or cancel an appointment to call that number.... A girl named Felicia answered and said that they don't handle scheduling appointments. I pointed that out to her and I asked "what are you guys used for then?" And she hanged up on me... The incompetence and unprofessionalism in the place is unreal! Nightmare to deal with these people within our own government.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

Rejected my elderly mother's benefits case because they could not find the raised stamp on her certified marriage license. Nightmare-level incompetence, utter morons. They don't return calls. Cost hundreds of dollars and hours of time and failed attempts at contacting to fix.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

Robots are fine but cannot respond personally besides having ghoulish voices in providing security codes. My problem: no social security card, long gone. Replacement cannot be done online. Go to your office. My offices (Phoenix AZ) are all closed due to the pandemic. Catch 22 is do this but you cannot do it. And the process obfuscating, confusing, annoying. Is this our government in action? I fear it is. It's not even worth one star.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

My husband was diagnosed with an advanced melanoma of the skin. Las Vegas, Nevada-Social Security worked very fast to approve him, but he died 13 days ago. There was some pay given that he was entitled to. They are an absolutely compassionate group! If you are truly unable to work due to a disability, Social Security will work hard to take care of your needs. I thank them from the bottom of my heart for the speedy way my husband's case was handled.

Social Security Administration Company Information