Social Security Administration

Compare Miscellaneous Companies

Research top Miscellaneous Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Never expecting to be belittled, put down, and yelled at while during my interview with Ms.**. I had to ask for the supervisor, was told "Good luck" and "We'll even see if you'll be seen today." Unbelievable. I was called from the supervisor within 5 minutes. I was told would go back in after being forced out from my interview. I asked for a support system to be allowed to return with me. I was given permission to be allowed to do so. When arriving back again we were asked to start interview over again and interviewer asked to only ask questions applying to myself and support only there for myself. Which was not followed. After 45 days later to find out no paperwork done or followed and interviewer on stress relieve now. Oh boy very much surprised after waiting since April 2013 of filing for SSI and receiving full award from judge on February 2017 and award letter received March 2017.

When going back in after April of first perc meeting to return in June to hear from Ms. ** remembering hearing the day of my horrible interview and being yelled at and where I had been sitting. I was wondering why they can't be a little bit more kind, considerate, and caring. My entire leg had been crushed, broke main arm, with 180 degree of my foot severed, 5 operations and a major one to come. Then to be asked "How do I remember from so far back" and would not the average if they had gone thru this themselves. Like I replied "I was and had left Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour and restaurant after work and was on my way home when being hit by a hit and run diesel truck and hitting 2 walls on the 57 Freeway and taken to UCI Hospital as a blood loss and trauma patient." Please try to be patient and kind yourselves despite all matters and ask for a supervisor if needed. Eventually I guess this will all pass in time. Thank you!

This organization is the most inefficient office that I have EVER had the displeasure of dealing with. I am Representative Payee for my disabled brother, and I have been threatened REPEATEDLY with cutting off his benefits because THEY changed some procedure for reporting and didn't bother to tell me about it! Instead of sending me a letter requesting what they need, like most civilized people, I get THREATS to cut off his benefits! Then I call to find out what the problem is! After wasting an hour on hold (yes, I used the callback service, but I'm still tied to my phone waiting for them to call back), they can't give me any answers. They tell me I have to go to the office. I try to call the number given to schedule an appointment.

It's an automated maze system that tries to sell me all this garbage I don't want and I never get to actually schedule an appointment after 15 minutes of pushing this button and that one to try to get to where I can actually schedule and appointment. So now, I have to go and sit there at the office and wait, because I have nothing better to do (like spending time with my disabled brother). My sympathy goes to anyone who does not have someone to advocate for them. What they do is nothing short of harassment! They take advantage of the weak and vulnerable by jerking them around in a system that I don't think THEY even understand! My next step is to take legal action and file a discrimination law suit! I am tired of being treated this way and tired of my poor disabled brother being threatened by these people. This must be stopped! It is inhumane to take advantage of the weak and vulnerable, and that's all this system is!

Nearly 90 days and NO check. I was trying to have my survivor benefit replaced by my own retiree benefit. In the interview I asked no less than twice, this will be 200.00 a month more right? The woman assured me each time it would indeed be 200.00 a month more. Then I got a deposit for 40.00?? That was how much more I was to get. SO I immediately called and went into my local office to stop the new benefit and keep on with the old amount and wait until it would be substantially more (18 months). I gave back the 40.00 on the spot. I was told on May 3rd, that it would be just 45 days, and now it has been nearly 90 days and NO payment. I call the 800 number and I am informed it would be another 90 days, the 800 number "we can't really do anything for anyone, we're just the 800 number." WHAT? Why in the world are we paying these clowns, bad information and they can't do anything!!!

At the end of this month I will lose my home of 20+ years to foreclosure as I have not had the funds to pay my mortgage payment. This is a shame as in four years it would have been paid for. My credit rating has gone from a very healthy 729 to a very poor 590, all because of these clowns. A worthless bunch of government employees.

I was calling into social security today to make a payment. When the rep picked up he did not provide his name so I made sure to ask. The reason for this is I have received horrible customer service from the phone bank every time I call so I was advised by a "supervisor" that because they have so many call centers that I should always get the name call center and the site they work. So I asked for the rep's name he said Ben. I asked what location he was in he was hesitant then said he was in California. I then asked him what was his ID number. He said they did not have those so I asked for his last name. He said, "I don't think you need that." I said, "Well yes I do In case I have to refer back to this call." I then said, "Sir are you refusing to give me that information." He disconnected the call on me.

When I tell you these people are the worst wow. I mean I get they probably deal with some really ignorant people but someone just wanting to get your information to make sure you do your job appropriately. If you don't have to call these people don't. I don't know who trains these people but they are not being watched at all and there is no expectations of their workers.

Consumer Increased Rating!

SSDI contacted us three months ago to say my husband received $2600.00 in overpayment. They specifically said it was for November 2016 and December 2016. I checked our bank account information where we have SSDI deposited and he received nothing in December (which would have been November's overpayment since SSDI is paid a month in arrears), and nothing in January. Their own ssa.gov site shows the same payment history. I disputed the issue by fax with our local SSA office, have acknowledgement they revived my multiple faxes. I sent the ssa.gov site payment information, bank statements with all SSDI payments, etc. Proof we didn't get those payments. Well the SSA assigned some woman named Michelle to handle the overpayment dispute.

Three weeks ago she called me and left a voice mail saying something about "overpayment dispute" paperwork. I already faxed the form the ssa.gov site tells you to fill out and they did get it, I called her back and left three voice mails. As of Thursday, 3 days ago, I was told only she can resolve the dispute and she's been on vacation for almost two weeks. Maybe she'd be back next week by Wednesday. No joke, this is what 2 separate agents told me. So, my spouse should get SSDI on June 3 but the website says (ssa.gov) he no longer gets SSDI but gets Medicare, and the SSDI payment will be applied to the overpayment, it says "the full SSDI payment of $1,***.00 / month is being withheld from your benefit payment."

So I of course faxed this and the info I sent two months ago including the overpayment dispute form from ssa.gov on Friday. The agents keep saying, "only the July 3 payment will be affected", anyone else ever have this happen? Their site shows no payments for months, accused of getting overpayment and our bank statements reflect the same damn thing. Now they're taking my husband's full SSDI benefit and only one moron at the local office can help this issue be resolved? I'm furious. Bank statements on their end and my bank statements don't lie, show the same deposits.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Social Security Administration?

Some glitch in Social Security's system is causing my mom not to be able to claim her Medicare benefits. Social Security does not agree there is a glitch. Medicare cannot contact them without mom in conference. I have spent hours over hours but none of them are willing to fix the issue. They deduct from our paychecks every month only to cause us such pain in old age and are most rude and not willing to help.

"Ms. **" refused to speak to me, the beneficiary's spouse, at the SSA interview when my husband applied for his SSA benefits. She discouraged him from applying for and asked why he wanted to receive his benefits. Ms. ** did not explain most of the issues she discussed, providing incomplete and inaccurate information to us. She was rude, dismissive, disrespectful and unprofessional to exclude the spouse of the beneficiary. She has most likely put us on a path that will be neither constructive or helpful to us in any way. I would be horrified to have such an employee representing me. Ms. ** in the SSA Glendora, California office is a dismal, awful and terrible employee!!!

I don't know where to start, but I'll say for years I've dealt with the inaccuracy of the Social Security Administration! They have LOST a total packet that I took to the office and placed in their designated mailbox. They have switched payroll people and created pay for my son that was my husband's pay, my son has never worked. I just recently received a letter stating that they received 3 pay stubs of income from last year when I gave them, AGAIN, (as requested because they lost the other ones from last year), about 7 months worth of income!

Oh and the reason they needed the 7 months is because they forgot to include the cafeteria plan which with that and creating a job my son NEVER HAD. Btw the job they created was my husband's which made the paystubs EXACTLY ALIKE for my husband and my son. Again my son has NEVER worked. Anyway with that mess allowed them to create an OVERPAYMENT that they don't seem to understand how to fix!!! Why are they NOT HELD ACCOUNTABLE!!!

They get over people that have a disability because of race, religion and other. I been fighting them since 2009 and it hurts to depend on my family for help when I use to do it all by myself, they say I can do the work that I use to but they don't understand. When you walk with a cane or a walker the people is not going to hire you or you can't stand a long period of time or just having spasm. Who in the right mind is going to hire a people that has all those problems. Please judge. Look what's happen to the inside of our bodies and not the outside when everything looks so clear.

Okay. I have been reading a lot of the reviews on this site and all I have to say is “Oh my God. It’s not just in my city then.” So here is my story. My son is autistic and he was receiving SSI but for the last few months he haven't received any payment all because recently his grandfather his daddy father became employed with Social Security. I have never had any problems with his benefits until now, reported everything I needed to report. Everything ran smoothly.

Okay. My son's father doesn't want to pay his child support so he conjured up a world of lies to get us into court to try and get his child support reduce to zero because he claims to not have any income at the present time, so his father who is clearly sitting right next to his 35 year old son in court each time we have a court date, the same father who is employed with the Social Security office where we now lives is using illegal tactics like information from my files to try and benefit his son’s case.

I became aware of this when I received a appointment to come into the SS office at the same time and on the same date I was scheduled to be in court with his son when there was no reason for me to come into the office in the first place and daddy was very aware of the court date, secondly I had the case moved to the next city over, where he is presently a preacher at a church (yeah I said preacher) in this same city. Okay. When I talk to the new caseworker in this town she is already aware of why I am choosing to transfer the case only I didn't get to hear what she was told beforehand, so if not him directly then one of his coworkers is doing him the honors.

I get a letter almost every week asking for my income info from my job and every time I turn it in and each time I get a letter back stating she never received the documents, but get this all of the letters are coming from the same office I had the case transferred from which is the Selma Ala office, then I go into the office where I live now to inquire about it and they tell me, “no it’s from our office.” Are you freaking kidding me? And clearly the Selma office address is listed on the letter, so recently I got a letter from this same office (Selma office) stating my son's benefits will go to 0.00 because my income is too high yet you haven't received my information! Income that I have never made in my life, it's not my income nor is it any income that I reported on any documents.

It's also been put into the system that his son is paying $300.00 month to me when I don't receive a penny from him, but my caseworker states this is what's showing up in the system and at this point I am like “this is just crazy.” I just can't believe this man is getting away with all this destruction and nobody seems care. Someone has changed everything around in the system put information in my files that I have no clue as to what they are talking about and upon all of that I have filed an appeal three times already and nothing. Not a word. I have filed complaint after complaint even contacted the Attorney General and nothing. I have gone into the office several times so I can have a face to face interview with the caseworker and each time the person at the front desk tell me she's not in, I have called left messages. No return calls.

This entire ordeal have physically and mentally drained me. And I know when you read this you probably don't believe anyone can be this evil but this is the God loving truth. This is what I am dealing with. My son didn't ask to be in this condition and if I didn't need the help I wouldn't be going through this, but it is just sad that a person like this man can be hired to work in a federal establishment and be able to have access and the ability to do whatever they want with people files in order to gain over some personal vendetta against a citizens. I mean it’s just cruel and pure evil most importantly illegal. So if anyone can tell me where to go from here I would love some input.

Mrs ** (as what she said) made my heart broken. I asked her if there is non-working SSN number, she said "no, we don't have it." BUT my boyfriend called and they said THEY HAVE! I don't know why she is a liar, **, it's her name, as what she said. And just I said "but we just called and they said they have NON-WORKING SSN number which I can apply. Mrs ** spoke to me so badly, I feel so sad, I don't know why she is like this. She is so horrible. I wonder why the government hire this type of person to work??? Why?? She is such a horrible person, I am sorry to say that she should be asked if she still can manage her job. so horrible experience when I talked with her. And I don't know if she is a liar about her name, she said her name is **.

I've called the SSA 3 times regarding when I will receive my back pay and to confirm they received my documents requesting to cancel Medicare and part D. First of all, it takes far too long to simply cancel a service. If you owed them money, it would take half a minute for them to collect. However, if you're requesting to stop them from taking your money, it takes up to 3 months. Funny how that works. Second, each rep I talked to was argumentative, rude, and just plain nasty. I'm reading from my documents from SSA and they still argue I'm wrong. They have no idea what they're talking about, and then argue and tell you you're wrong. These people need to find a job that doesn't involve working with anything that has a pulse. They are awful people who are angry, don't listen, and have no interest in truly helping you. And I get to wait over an hour just to be treated like dirt.

I received a fully favorable decision on my disability claim from the ALJ on May 5th, 2015. Fighting case since 2010 with onset date of 2009. Two weeks prior to this hearing, I had met with a new advocate to discuss the upcoming hearing and also to educate her on my condition, Chronic Lyme disease. My previous advocate retired before my hearing was to take place. I told the new advocate about what Lyme disease has done to me and that since being infected in 2002, all my IRAS, CDS, and savings accounts have gone into treatments.

Dealing with brain fog due to Lyme disease is an ongoing issue. My illness causes mental confusion, cognitive problems, memory issues, retention problems, nerve pain, loss of smell and taste, etc. I had been previously been diagnosed with degenerative brain disease. Long term treatment of Lyme disease is not covered by most insurance companies so patients pay out-of-pocket for their treatment programs. After explaining how Lyme disease had affected me, I felt pretty good about our meeting.

On the morning of the hearing, I told this new advocate that I had new problems with my thyroid, and was dealing with a DEVASTATING financial situation. The advocate went into a room to speak to the ALJ. She came out to get me and I remember telling the judge how I was feeling. The advocate did not say much of anything unlike my previous advocate. New advocate whisked me out into the hallway and asks me if I would take a "one time payout... you know like you got in Virginia?" These were the advocate's words. I was infected in Virginia back in 2002 but not diagnosed until 2003. I had to quit my job of 9 years to go through a long term antibiotic treatment program. I received two years closed period disability.

Anyway... this proposal took me by surprise. Mentally I was already fuzzy due to stress, brain fog, as well as low thyroid problems. A NEW financial issue was causing major stress! I was never told that the judge might do a "let’s make a deal" offer. I asked the advocate if I would be on disability? She said no. Advocate states that the judge would give me a more favorable decision if I would not go back any further than 2013. I asked her when did we file and are the kids supposed to get anything? This is something I knew but at this time I did not know or could not remember. Advocate fumbled through papers and I think she mumbled "09" but seemed to be unable or unwilling to answer questions about my kids receiving anything.

We went back into the room with the judge and I agreed to 2013 and then I DISAGREED. At this point, the Judge says to the advocate that she might want to take me outside to discuss again. We went back out into a hallway and then she motions to some papers and says: "Remember things change after you turn 50. Things are going to change because you are over 50." I asked her repeatedly what does this mean? No legible answer. She kept saying: "things were going to change." I went back into the room and agreed to 2013 but by this time I was really stressed. The ALJ asked me if I was depressed? I told him of course I was. Then he asked me about my thinking and I told him: "I felt like I was trying to think through mud." Everything he said after that felt very insincere. He motioned to advocate and stated: "another fine job Ms. **... case closed."

This advocate should have Sat me down and talked to me about what I was going to be giving up in back pay... treatment money, the kid's money, etc. I could not even remember that my disease was a "pay-out-of-my-pocket" disease. I had some money in the bank but did not fully register... I needed clarity. For me, that back pay was life saving money for another treatment program if I have yet another severe relapse. Stress, brain fog, confusion, worry about finances and thyroid issues were not helping me think clearly that morning. I did not expect to have my disabilities and state of mind used against me. This advocate was not on my side and I am convinced that the ALJ knew that I was in a vulnerable position. That hearing has played out over and over again in my mind.

The morning after the hearing, I woke up thinking I dreamed the whole thing. I tried repeatedly to contact the advocate and she was not available. I asked to meet with the head of the law firm she works for but he did not want to meet with me. A call back was offered and then the advocate called me instead. I told the advocate exactly what I thought happened. I let her know that I remembered asking her important questions that either got no answer, a vague answer, or a very slow response. Her response? "You are NOT EVEN disabled... you work a job!! Besides... some advocates may make deals or have relationships with disability judges? But I don't. Oh and don't forget... it was YOUR decision. If you don't like it, you can appeal but I won't appeal it for you." I started to say how much I have suffered from all this and she began to mock me.

Maybe it is normal for a judge to want to work out a different date other than the onset date... but this is not how things played out. The ALJ knew I was confused... the advocate knew I was confused. There have been times early on where medical staff and friends strongly urged me to apply for disability but I did not. I am a fighter. My problems from degenerative brain disease, loss of smell and taste, nerve pain, and other ongoing issues with Lyme disease made me change my mind.

I have worked hard all my life so why trick me out of my back pay? I am not your normal disability case due to the fact that Chronic Lyme disease is much like HIV back in the 1980's. IT IS ONGOING AND THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE ARE PRETTY MUCH UNEDUCATED ABOUT LYME DISEASE. Since being infected in 2002, all my IRAS, CDS, and savings accounts have gone into treatments. Long term treatment is usually not covered by most insurance companies so patients pay out-of-pocket. While Medicaid will greatly help with the cost of medications... I will more than likely have to pay for the actual treatment program.

I have yet to find an attorney that will help me with this case. Sometimes the mental confusion can make dealing with dates and paperwork a real struggle. That is why I turned to an advocate in the first place. I lose track of things at times. I have had three attorneys outside the area reach out to me. One of those advised me that this firm had taken took too much out for pay. These attorneys said they could not fight for me due to travel costs eating up my back pay. I have reached out to Senators, Governors, etc. and looks like at this point everything just went back to the Social Security Administration.

Social Security has scheduled a hearing date for me but they are requesting all current medical information. None of the letters I have received from the SSA are addressing my complaint. I had faxed a letter to ODAR and I am pretty sure have mailed letters to them as well. I sent over all pertinent medical information via fax to Senators, Governors, etc. Being told that after months and months of being strung along that officials cannot help me with what SSA decides. Why did they want my medical information if the officials can't help me with this?? Letters from disability are more like "We understand you are not happy with being approved?" WHO WOULD NOT BE HAPPY WITH BEING APPROVED?

I currently do not have a Lyme disease specialist but I do still take antibiotics. This disease is chronic and I don't think my body can hold up to a third 8 month round of IV antibiotics. I still have oral antibiotics but take them on a pulse / as needed basis. Two weeks without antibiotics and I am unable to function. Antibiotics is not a cure but will at least hold the disease at bay! There are no Lyme disease specialists in South Carolina so I may have to venture to Florida. Keep in mind I have been traveling to see doctors since 2004. I moved from Virginia to South Carolina to be close to my Lyme doctor. He has since relocated his practice to Washington, DC. This doctor saved my life twice but he is very expensive and is now a plane trip / hotel stay away.

I feel like as of the middle of 2015 I have just gone around and around in circles trying to get help. I have lost track of all the emails, phone calls, people I have spoken to since 2015. I strongly feel like my upcoming court date is just going to be a way to take my disability away from me. Seems like there is no place to report an advocate when I was trying to back in 2015. Attorneys told me me they could not represent me because I won? How convenient... My thinking is often blurred and trying to keep everything straight at times is a challenge. Lyme disease is becoming an ENORMOUS epidemic. There is no one treatment for everybody and many of us suffer from co-infections as well. It is a disease affects people physically, emotionally, mentally and FINANCIALLY.

My husband and I walked in the Social Security Office today in McKeesport, PA to ask for some help. The lady we spoke with was very rude and gave us attitude. She kept interrupting us and would not let us speak. It was clear from the moment she Sat down that she was not going to help us. People there have no compassion for the terminally ill. The workers there always act like they are jealous that people are at home collecting money and they have to work. Well, my husband has stage 4 pancreatic cancer and when we left there he was stressed and feeling ill. Those people need training in good customer service. I don't think they act that way at job interviews to work there unless that is a requirement to hire rude people.

Hello all. I am coming here to tell you these people do not care about you or your story. I have been having issues with my case I filed in 04/2016. Right now I put in appeal to be seen by a AJL judge and I fired my lawyers because they mistreated me. Yes I called into Social Security Administration to attempt to change the fact that my lawyers would no longer represent me, that I would like to represent myself because you see I'm not stupid like you think I am. I know I need to gather all the medical evidence and documentation to present before a judge to show them and you that my disabilities are real. I am not trying to scam anyone, I suffer from Bipolar 1 and depression, anxiety and I am trying to be a better person. I am going to all my necessary doctors appts and trying to get on the right medication even throughout the fact I have no reliable transportation or any support other than my husband and he has no family neither do I.

I called and the agent laughed at me. When he ask me why I was being so "hostile" I told him "I have bipolar and I didn't ask you for your rude opinion Alva or whatever your name is." This man tried to compare my case to a DUI case? What kind of people are you hiring government? This is not acceptable to act like that to someone with my disorder. I also have a learning disability. Always have. I was born with it. So sometimes I don't perceive the way you might, it's all just very confusing. This experience along with all the horrible reviews on how people like me are being treated just makes me want to give up. I just think it's very sad that everyone including me is being treated like this. This hurts my feelings knowing not even people who say they care a fake facade end up really showing you what humiliation is. At this point I don't know if it's even worth my sanity to keep fighting this battle, I have no idea what I'm going to do.

My husband passed away six months before our son's 18th birthday who has a mental disability & was receiving social security off his dad's SSD. Because his current doctor hadn't sent his records for the past two years to them they decided he was no longer disabled. The doctor's office said they never received the request which I don't believe because it took me three weeks to get them to release the records to me. I filed an appeal online to reconsider his claim & We physically drove to Social Security & handed them his records. It took them over four months to determine he was disabled & was told to come in & sign paperwork to get him paid. I asked how long does it take to direct deposit his money & was told a week to two weeks.

When two weeks came there still was no money deposited. I called the person we spoke with to sign paperwork for being his payee representative & setup direct deposit two weeks prior & he apologized that it didn't get put through. I told him we have utility cut off notices not to mention back rent not paid in full & asked if we can get an advance emergency payment to keep the utilities from getting cut off. I only make $10.60 per hour & trying to support two people put us behind on bills & rent. If it weren't for the fact my daughter is my landlady we would be homeless too. With having to take off work for his therapy & psychiatric appointments I lost pay & she thought I was deliberately holding back the full rent causing conflict in our relationship. I was told we would have to bring in the disconnect notice in order to get emergency funds.

On a Wednesday afternoon I took off work early because I discovered last time going in around 3:00 most of the people there for one thing or another had already been there & gone making parking easier & waiting to be taken care of much shorter time for waiting. We went downtown around 3:30 & paid for parking in a garage because there's no parking meters on the entire block only to find out they closed at noon nationwide. I asked the guards, "Really! Are you kidding me?" So I lost pay, wasted $6.00 on parking & gas to find out they are closed. You would think since they only work Monday through Friday they would be open. I know the checks go out the Wednesday of the week the birthday falls on so maybe it takes the entire staff to disperse checks & approve direct deposit?

I called today to find out how long it takes to get emergency payment & was told up to five days. I was also told the hold up on the rest of his money was at the payment processing department getting around to it. This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. With today's technology why is it taking so long to get funds deposited directly into a bank account. They haven't even sent the approval for being his payee representative which has interfered with talking with anyone about his pay.

This has really been a Royal pain trying to get his disability reinstated & paid. Something needs to change with all the issues putting unnecessary stress on us just to live & with today's technology you would think we could check online instead of sitting on hold for over 30 minutes to find out nothing is being done. No one there is on the same page because I keep getting different answers to the same questions. I would love to have their job at the pay they receive. I'm 61 years old & have paid into social security since I was 16 & feel they can definitely do a better job at getting people paid on time.

I just got off the phone from talking with my mother, who had received some correspondence in the mail from the Social Security. Having a difficult time with being able to read small print and also wanting some help in filling out the requested information, my mother went to the SS Office in Cheyenne, Wyoming where she resides. Once she was able to talk to someone about her need for assistance, the woman, who name we only know is Faye, was very rude and proved to be very unhelpful in explaining the reasons why she received the correspondence, why it had to be filled out and her overall demeanor towards my mother was totally uncalled for.

My mom left the office feeling very distressed over the whole experience. She still does not know if the paperwork was accurately filled out and really does not know the reason why she received it in the first place. She felt that the employee was not kind and willing to be patient and understanding towards her need of assistance. My mom said that she left the office building shaking and frustrated and also bewildered as to why she was treated in the way that she had been treated by this employee.

My mom is 84 years old, has Macular Degeneration, has just recently lost her husband, but otherwise is an intelligent and fairly independent individual who does need help from time to time in situations such as these. No one deserves to be treated unfairly and unjustly and especially by persons in the capacity such as this government paid individual. They are there to help, to guide and to instruct when there are questions. And treat people like they would want to be treated in the same circumstances.

Civil Rights, Fraud on their behalf... I called the main Social Security Office in 2013 and reported I was moving to another state. Asked what I needed to do. I did everything. It went smooth. 2015 I got married, reported it and I was told it would not affect my benefits because I met requirements still. July 2016 I call, report I am moving to another state and I was told since the state didn't do Medicaid on the federal level reporting to Social Security was all I had to do so they noted the changes. I kept waiting for a new Medicaid card since I was in the new state and it never came. I started calling DHS, Social Security getting sent back and forth with my SSI never being a issue. I started recording calls with Social Security because something was wrong. I go to a social security office and the lady upon realizing I am gay and my wife is beside me jumped up started yelling I was getting nothing and I had to leave.

My wife and I drove to another parking lot and I called the main Social Security number I normally call. I am told I will be getting a call back from them later that afternoon. They did call and when I told the woman what happened she got her supervisor to speak with me. I gave him the same information and he said he would take care of it. He made me a appt with another Social Security office. My spouse and I got there early and had to watch a rainbow pride flashing in front of us and everyone that announced they were now serving some same sex couples for four and a half hours. I am in renal failure, feel like crap and only want to get this done.

My turn came and I let the lady know I was recording this for my protection as well as hers. She was confused so I explained and then we got to trying to fix whatever was going on with my Medicaid. I was told my check would be reduced by 300 dollars because of spousal income but I would keep my SSI and Medicaid. I was happy everything was resolved. I get a Medicaid id and told I will receive a card in 7 to 10 days. I go to one doctor appointment after that using just my number because I hadn't received my card. I get some mail from social security and they took my SSI and Medicaid. I was blown away it wasn't what we were told.

I had fought from early July until mid-September and they decide even though there was no change in income owning anything new didn't receive money from anyone what my previous state and Social security said for over a year entitled me to keep my benefits when I married was not good enough for this state. Here it is Feb and I get a letter from them going back to when I reported my marriage saying they overpaid me but I can hire a. We get paid only if you get paid attorney to fight their claim of overpayment in the amount of ten thousand plus dollars. The attorney has to be approved by social security according to this letter as well.

I didn't record conversations until Social Security couldn't get anything right. One minute they claimed I live in South Carolina. No, I reported that move. Then, "Oh you live here." No, that is another state and I have never been there. Next they get the state I had moved to from South Carolina and say, "We don't have a report you moved..." to where I live now yet they say at the same time, "You live at blah..." and it is the address I reported. I kept all paperwork and what recordings I do have but how do you fight the government. It's bad enough I followed the rules for 13 years prior to this and had continued only to have it ripped away but now they claim I was overpaid. No I was not. I did as they told me every step of they way.

Attorneys tell me winning appeals claiming it was not your fault or it was their error never get won. After I got to see how social security broke the law I believe it. I intend to fight it even though both me and my spouse are 100 percent disabled and only have her disability. She was injured in the line of duty while serving as a police officer for over a decade. She can't comprehend how the law is being twisted. They give you payback options if it is under a certain amount but that is saying you did something wrong and you didn't. I am ** but ** on my birth certificate. I always hated the race card and denying one's religion to compensate for another. My heritage courts are used to get back our history. We protest nonviolent such as the pipeline. I see now I was wrong for not liking the so called race card and taking away from one religion to better off another.

The whole time I have been in this state being gay is like saying I have a contagious horrible life taking disease and the social security administration are doing the same thing. I was told "I am so sorry we just spent over a million dollars training our employees on how to deal with people like you." What? People like me?And that is suppose to comfort me?? I have to go to free clinics with horrible care a doctor who still thinks he is seeing me for the first time so all my illnesses that qualified me for SSI aren't getting treated. We are on the poverty line and not by choice. I have a college education and my wife protected our community until a call caused a injury that cost her career. Police aren't taken care of like people think. Work comp pays for her health care relating to the injuries she has thanks to a criminal.

This stuff is real. It hasn't happened only to me. People know the Social Security Administration is government so how do you fight it when they are wrong when they break the law?? We are going to have to declare bankruptcy when last June we had a two story house we worked hard to get and a yard for our dogs to play in. Now we have a 30 foot travel trailer we live in and a vehicle that is ten years younger than me. So I have the appointment to file either for a appeal, waiver or payment plan on a lesser amount than they say they overpaid me. You won't see truth like this in the news. Probably won't believe what I am saying. Nobody is immune however. It could be you.

I am still waiting to deposit the balance of the money they owe into my account so I can pay my lawyers. I think they are looking to cut people off of SSI. Hey peoples you can only apply for ssi if you have a long standing mental disorder not medical. You must have solid like a rock proof. They are very smart and with our new prez they will be looking to make cuts in people's checks. To save the gov money. If you have ssdi you are lucky.

Ok I never had this happened to me in the 17 yrs I had benefits. I go on my direct express card look to see my next pay deposit, come to find out only my moms is on there - I'm her payee. Then I go to my account to the Social Security website, login and find out that I got suspended from it cause my address and phone number needs updated. Apparently mail got sent back to Social Security office, could of been in the wrong mailbox or simply mailman not doing their job. I didn't know of until now.

Anyways I'm calling them tomorrow. It's all an error. I still live in my same address on file, phone number always the same for 2 and a half years. I have bills due on Feb 1st. The mess up part is I'm my mom's payee. She will have hers on my card. We live in the same house. Doesn't that register to someone in the office humm? Anyways I wonder how long I will get it back. Would they cut me an emergency check, anyone know? I have bills due, I can't afford this. I'm soo upset in the system, not one person called me to confirm it last month or this month. I hope this don't happens to no one else.

I've had no problems with Social Security mainly because I fought for my country and I had a hard time getting VA disability. When I got out of the military I kept some jobs but I had a hard time concentrating and I had two suicide attempts before I even applied for Social Security mainly because of what had happened to me. And I was ashamed and I couldn't help what happened to me and I had to hide it. I was clinically depressed. I went to Mental Hospitals. I didn't want to live anymore and live in this mental state of mind and I did not know what was wrong with me and I didn't have the money to go to the doctor. I had lots of doctor bills and I couldn't keep a job longer than a year. I have more than just back problems. I'm badass psycho according to that.

I walked in the first time my mother came with me. That kind of helps me win my case because I couldn't do anything for myself. My mom is on Social Security and she was helping me. I couldn't even function as a human being without medication. I was dead. I was staring into the wall. As soon as I got out of the military my post traumatic stress disorder was so bad they said "how come you can't be" and I said because I keep getting turned down. It took me twenty years just to get into the VA Healthcare System but I finally did get into it.

I'm seeing a counselor now and a pretty soon and getting ready to see a psychiatrist but I've been seeing a psychiatrist since 2000 since I got out of the army since I came back to this country. I was over in Iraq and Saudi Arabia in Kuwait in Germany. I was 11 Bravo infantry Ranger 12 Bravo combat engineer demolition specialist. So yeah they were kind of afraid of me. I know how to do things. I know a lot about tactical combat. I beat up 5 cops but I didn't go to jail for very long for it because I just got another military. I still have a military ID so that was in the my records so I had it paper trail being psycho and going to jail for it.

So when I walked in I asked for help. That was the hardest thing for me to do is to go ask for somebody for help but I did it and they gave me Social Security and they gave me a Medicaid. They gave me all the money that was owed to me cause I had some good jobs when I made enough money. I must have been like 37 or 38 when I got it. I'm 50 now and I've been seeing Mental Health Care Professionals and I've been seeing physical health doctors. I have back problems too. In fact they found out that I had cervical disc disease. The generator just disease end-stage arthritis skin cancer so when I got Social Security I got in just the right time. It was about 2008 when I got my check and it helped me out so I'm grateful for Social Security. They said they owed it to me because I serve my country and fight proud. That's why I got Social Security.

They said I earned it and that they owed it to me. That I could not function in the real world I would wind up in a mental institution because I'd already been to a mental institution twice now. I'm still working on my recovery. I'm trying to get better. At least now I can open up and tell people what my problem is and I'm starting to understand it more. But I'm still disabled and even more of the cancer went away but I still got all the other back issues. Then I'm still handicapped and people still won't hire me and I can't keep a job but I have been able to maintain a residency so that's a good thing. And I get food stamps so that helps me and now I'm getting all the doctor in psychiatric care that no man can ever ask for. I can getting all the help I need. Thank you Social Security. I bet they don't hear that enough.

You have no idea how much effort it is taking me not to insert various colorful metaphors. I have worked pretty much all my life. I had a heart attack last year and file for Social Security Disability. I was subsequently denied. The denial was appealed and I had to wait 16 months just to get a hearing on this appeal. That was 2.5 months ago and I'm still here waiting to find out whether or not you're going to give me MY MONEY. I could totally understand if this was a handout but again this is MY MONEY.

My particular query is "what the ** do you people do all day?" While I am a Veteran, that "hurry up and wait" ** that I had to deal with while in the military no longer applies. I'm being told I'm waiting for someone to write up the decision. Do you all need some help? I believe I could write an entire thesis in the time it is taking you to write 16 pages tops. The sad thing is you probably know this. I'm told that if I am able, I can earn up to $1170 per month with Social Security Disability. I would like to offer my services. It's not my particular area of expertise but I can't be any slower than you are.

By now most of us that are on Social Security have received our notice about the cost of living adjustment which in my opinion is a "Slap in the Face". For my wife the increase just covered the additional cost of plan "B" and for me it went to cover the Federal Tax. So how are we going to cover the increases in utilities, gas, food and so on. Oh! Let's ask all these companies to roll back the prices.

And if any of you who worked for the federal government we are all in the same sinking boat. I know for me after working 50 years and planning for my retirement both working for the federal government and also working for different companies so that I may also collect Social Security. I had to take a penalty because I could not draw full entitlement even though I worked enough time to do so. I told my wife that I wanted to send back the 0.3% but stated to voice my opinion. So the next time you offer this I hope that my time on this earth is looking from the brown side up.

I applied for Social Security Disability in May of 2015 when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I was denied SSD even though I was supposed to be on Chemotherapy for over a year. I quit taking Chemotherapy after the first four treatments because I did not have proper nutrition, nor a safe place to live. I lost my job, and the trickle-down effect caused me to lose my home.

According to Cancer Centers of America, "Many cancer patients experience gastrointestinal symptoms. The Nutrition Therapy team helps restore digestive health, prevent malnutrition and provide dietary recommendations during treatment. Our goal is to help you stay strong and nourished, so you can continue with your cancer treatment." I was not allowed basic nutrition. According to Beth ** the social Worker for the oncology unit at the cancer center I was at, stated a lot of people taking chemotherapy have lost their homes, we have two who live in their truck at the lake. So, this is acceptable health practices. In fact, it seems to be a way to keep people from healing.

I have been unable to heal from just those four chemo treatments and have gone from 125 pounds to 94 and I am probably less that at this time. I have an upper and lower GI scheduled for the 7th of January and I will not be able to do that because I am homeless, vomiting, I have diarrhea and I must take a medication for five days prior to my scheduled appointment that causes more of these problems. I have no appropriate nutrition but according to SSD I must keep all my scheduled Doctors appointments. I cannot do that. How do I poop and vomit without a toilet? When I am scheduled for surgery I have no place to heal. I have gallbladder stones. Need my gallbladder out (this doesn't seem to be a big deal) but without a place to heal it isn't going to happen.

I have contributed to my society by paying my government my taxes. I have gone from a woman with seven rental houses, holding a job, to one of lowest people on the societal food chain. I was a volunteer for over sixteen years. When I was in the seventh grade a representative of Social Security came into my government class and spoke on how our society and government works. I was told that when I contributed to my government they would take care of me in the event of disability and or retirement. This was a lie.

The purpose of this complaint isn't because I believe you will help me. It is a hope that somebody will take responsibility for changing the way things are done. We must be pro-active; help people in medical situations that allow them to heal, so they can become productive citizens again (right you want people to pay the government but we can't). This right or promise was taken from me. I am a dead woman walking. I will get cancer back if it isn't back already. However, with the dietary issues I am having I am losing weight at a pace that I will just drop from malnutrition in a very short period of time. It is over for me, but you can be pro-active so that others can heal and you the government can stop lying to the citizens of the United States and do what you claim or have promised.

I followed the only legal form of cancer treatment, I was told by the cancer oncologists that I would receive SSD while receiving chemotherapy. This was also a lie. I followed the law, I have supported my government that I had believed in. Where did it get me? I was a law-abiding citizen, I believed in my government, I have supported my government, and in return, I have no home, my health was taken from me, I cannot get a job, I have no roof, but the most important thing taken from me was my belief system of supporting my government and the medical establishment. I do not believe anymore.

My father died recently and I called SSA on behalf of my mother as she, like the rest of our family, is devastated from the loss. My parents have been married for 63 years. This woman was already bitchy and insisted on speaking to my mother, which was fine, however, she was so rude to mom because mom had a hard time hearing her. This woman works for the Temple TX branch and we now have an appointment with them for Jan. 2017. No thanks to this woman as she hung up on my mother and I had to call back to talk to someone else. It's sad really.

A day after my brother died in June of 2016, his Social Security check was deposited as usual into his bank account. Within two days after his death, the funeral home properly notified the SSA and within 24 hours of that notification, the SSA withdrew that last check. In late June, the SSA notified me, as his next of kin, that I could apply for that last check as part of his estate. On July 1st, I mailed in the completed form and an original Letters of Testamentary as required. In the middle of September, I visited the local SSA office to ask for a progress report. An agent with no name said that he would send an inquiry. Nothing ever arrived telling me what the status of my claim was.

In the middle of October, I again visited the local SSA office to get a status report. Again, I had to speak with a person with no name. She was more interested in talking about her personal problems than getting an update for me. She said she would make and inquiry but that she didn't see any information about what was happening to the claim. You guessed it. In the middle of November, I spoke with a different individual with no name and got the same runaround. The reason for them not wearing ID badges with names visible is so that people can't positively identify the miscreants by name in a formal complaint. I can understand not having their last names on an ID, but first names would be nice.

It is now the 16th of December and still no word on the claim. If Christmas comes and goes and the money hasn't arrived, I'm going to pay a personal visit to my Senator's local office and see how they might get involved. I'm certainly open for suggestions on getting this long overdue issue resolved. There is no order number because I can't include my brother's SSAN. Nevertheless, I hope this gets published because someone in authority may see this posting and choose to get involved.

Social security has become judge and Jury, concerning our folks' security case. Social Security has stated that my daughter and I individually owe them $15,000. Let's do the math. That's $30,000, and we have to rely on them to inform us if we are current. We do not owe them and they need to refund my daughter's money. They have taken my daughter's $4,000 from last year. States that we have an overpayment. Due to my daughter not being mentally capable okay. 5 years ago. I have complained to no avail with Social Security. I have written to the attorney general, the Better Business Bureau and top authority to no avail. We have proof that my daughter has had a disability since she was 4 years old. All of a sudden 5 years later we are told then she doesn't have a disability and for some reason they can't find the paperwork until I showed proof of her disability.

I have written to the Ripoff Report. I believe that we have been targeted bad employee in Social Security who wants to cover up the mistakes that they have made. I was receiving SSDI and it was discontinued for 3 months after I complained with outside sources. All of a sudden I was informed that I would continue to receive SSDI. When I go on social Security website to print out information they have in there an old address. I have copies to prove this. I am not capable of receiving information that is needed. So I close the ssi website account. I have been working as well as my daughter and we are Start afraid that they will take our income taxes due to this scandal. I was only receiving $347 a month. A portion of this was to pay for an overpayment from child support and the second portion and $100 dollars went to pay for medical insurance, which early this year was no help.

I owe creditors, and hospital bills. I am in debt to the point of bankruptcy due to this matter. I have worked all my life and I feel that social security has failed me and others who asked for help and then have to pay back that help. I love America. Will Social Security give America a black eye. They don't want to help people that I truly in need of assistance without the struggle. I have been working and I will continue to work, and fight for justice for those who cannot speak for themselves. There are many elderly people they are doing this to. They can't eat desirable foods, many stand in lines in the cold to receive DARE TO CARE food from trucks, yet they receive over $700 a month in SSI payments. Is this morality? Our injustice to American people are pay bills.

This issue with Social security must be addressed, before it decays, the human spirit. They have lost homes and peace of mind, due the social security cruelty acts. I worked with a lady benefits were cut in half, because she worked and her rent was increased to $700. She was not aware of the ticket to work program. We can not let the elderly or any Americans rights to joy and happy living be demolished by a system of people who have taken Government jobs to punish people. We have rights and let's all continue to speak against injustice.

I think the last time we received an increase was maybe 3 years ago, and they took all of it for SS. When are we going to get a raise that will make a difference? Maybe all retired people should sign up for welfare. They seem to live a lot better than we do. (Free phone, cigs, booze, food including steaks etc.) MERRY CHRISTMAS.

The local SSA office in my community has some of the worst people on the planet employed there, along with others scattered across the country. Why do they lie so much, and some just simply refuse to do anything for you even after they call your name to come to the window. On Dec. 1, 2016 I went to the local office to, once again, update my banking information. Was called to window, file pulled up, then was told to go back up front and have a seat, when all he had to do was change a couple of sentences that was supposed to had been done almost a year ago but wasn't.

I have asked and mailed a request to go before an ALJ back on August 24, 2016 and was told it would take 3 months to happen. Well, now they don't even want to talk about. However, they can and will go to great lengths to cover their butts when they are caught in serious lies, and try to place the blame on the recipient. I have many boxes of lies and deceit that I want an ALJ to see. It seems though, all hope is in vain because look what they put in the White House to run this country. They don't even know where he come from.

My husband received a letter saying he owes almost $8,000 to SSI because he lived MD from 2013 to 2016. That information is incorrect so, I tried to call them to sort out the problem. I had his payee on the phone because it has not completely been changed to my name yet (we have been waiting for over a month for them to change this).

After waiting on hold for 45 min the lady who answers was kind of rude but I just wanted to get it taken care of before they close. 2 min in and she says I can't be on the phone even though the payee (his mom, my MIL) says she doesn't mind me hearing her information and she needs my help because she is at work. Representative says ok and proceeds. She asks for his SS# and I start to tell it to her when his mom doesn't know it and she flips out on me saying I am not allowed to talk and she will not take any information from me.

My MIL and I are trying to tell her she doesn't have his info because she gave it all off to me when we moved out of state and she gets hostile and starts yelling and saying I am trying to break the rules. I have had to take care of things several time on the phone and as long as either my husband or his payee is there and says they can speak in front of me it has not been a problem. I say I want to talk to a manager and she says she is a manager and proceeds to freak out. I said I want HER manager and she hangs up on us! Now I have to wait another 45 min at least and may have to wait until tomorrow since it is now so late. Then, the survey asks me if I selected to get a call back - I WAS NEVER OFFERED a call back!! On hold again right now and there was still no way to request a call back.

Social Security Administration Company Profile