Social Security Administration

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Civil Rights, Fraud on their behalf... I called the main Social Security Office in 2013 and reported I was moving to another state. Asked what I needed to do. I did everything. It went smooth. 2015 I got married, reported it and I was told it would not affect my benefits because I met requirements still. July 2016 I call, report I am moving to another state and I was told since the state didn't do Medicaid on the federal level reporting to Social Security was all I had to do so they noted the changes. I kept waiting for a new Medicaid card since I was in the new state and it never came. I started calling DHS, Social Security getting sent back and forth with my SSI never being a issue. I started recording calls with Social Security because something was wrong. I go to a social security office and the lady upon realizing I am gay and my wife is beside me jumped up started yelling I was getting nothing and I had to leave.

My wife and I drove to another parking lot and I called the main Social Security number I normally call. I am told I will be getting a call back from them later that afternoon. They did call and when I told the woman what happened she got her supervisor to speak with me. I gave him the same information and he said he would take care of it. He made me a appt with another Social Security office. My spouse and I got there early and had to watch a rainbow pride flashing in front of us and everyone that announced they were now serving some same sex couples for four and a half hours. I am in renal failure, feel like crap and only want to get this done.

My turn came and I let the lady know I was recording this for my protection as well as hers. She was confused so I explained and then we got to trying to fix whatever was going on with my Medicaid. I was told my check would be reduced by 300 dollars because of spousal income but I would keep my SSI and Medicaid. I was happy everything was resolved. I get a Medicaid id and told I will receive a card in 7 to 10 days. I go to one doctor appointment after that using just my number because I hadn't received my card. I get some mail from social security and they took my SSI and Medicaid. I was blown away it wasn't what we were told.

I had fought from early July until mid-September and they decide even though there was no change in income owning anything new didn't receive money from anyone what my previous state and Social security said for over a year entitled me to keep my benefits when I married was not good enough for this state. Here it is Feb and I get a letter from them going back to when I reported my marriage saying they overpaid me but I can hire a. We get paid only if you get paid attorney to fight their claim of overpayment in the amount of ten thousand plus dollars. The attorney has to be approved by social security according to this letter as well.

I didn't record conversations until Social Security couldn't get anything right. One minute they claimed I live in South Carolina. No, I reported that move. Then, "Oh you live here." No, that is another state and I have never been there. Next they get the state I had moved to from South Carolina and say, "We don't have a report you moved..." to where I live now yet they say at the same time, "You live at blah..." and it is the address I reported. I kept all paperwork and what recordings I do have but how do you fight the government. It's bad enough I followed the rules for 13 years prior to this and had continued only to have it ripped away but now they claim I was overpaid. No I was not. I did as they told me every step of they way.

Attorneys tell me winning appeals claiming it was not your fault or it was their error never get won. After I got to see how social security broke the law I believe it. I intend to fight it even though both me and my spouse are 100 percent disabled and only have her disability. She was injured in the line of duty while serving as a police officer for over a decade. She can't comprehend how the law is being twisted. They give you payback options if it is under a certain amount but that is saying you did something wrong and you didn't. I am ** but ** on my birth certificate. I always hated the race card and denying one's religion to compensate for another. My heritage courts are used to get back our history. We protest nonviolent such as the pipeline. I see now I was wrong for not liking the so called race card and taking away from one religion to better off another.

The whole time I have been in this state being gay is like saying I have a contagious horrible life taking disease and the social security administration are doing the same thing. I was told "I am so sorry we just spent over a million dollars training our employees on how to deal with people like you." What? People like me?And that is suppose to comfort me?? I have to go to free clinics with horrible care a doctor who still thinks he is seeing me for the first time so all my illnesses that qualified me for SSI aren't getting treated. We are on the poverty line and not by choice. I have a college education and my wife protected our community until a call caused a injury that cost her career. Police aren't taken care of like people think. Work comp pays for her health care relating to the injuries she has thanks to a criminal.

This stuff is real. It hasn't happened only to me. People know the Social Security Administration is government so how do you fight it when they are wrong when they break the law?? We are going to have to declare bankruptcy when last June we had a two story house we worked hard to get and a yard for our dogs to play in. Now we have a 30 foot travel trailer we live in and a vehicle that is ten years younger than me. So I have the appointment to file either for a appeal, waiver or payment plan on a lesser amount than they say they overpaid me. You won't see truth like this in the news. Probably won't believe what I am saying. Nobody is immune however. It could be you.

I am still waiting to deposit the balance of the money they owe into my account so I can pay my lawyers. I think they are looking to cut people off of SSI. Hey peoples you can only apply for ssi if you have a long standing mental disorder not medical. You must have solid like a rock proof. They are very smart and with our new prez they will be looking to make cuts in people's checks. To save the gov money. If you have ssdi you are lucky.

Ok I never had this happened to me in the 17 yrs I had benefits. I go on my direct express card look to see my next pay deposit, come to find out only my moms is on there - I'm her payee. Then I go to my account to the Social Security website, login and find out that I got suspended from it cause my address and phone number needs updated. Apparently mail got sent back to Social Security office, could of been in the wrong mailbox or simply mailman not doing their job. I didn't know of until now.

Anyways I'm calling them tomorrow. It's all an error. I still live in my same address on file, phone number always the same for 2 and a half years. I have bills due on Feb 1st. The mess up part is I'm my mom's payee. She will have hers on my card. We live in the same house. Doesn't that register to someone in the office humm? Anyways I wonder how long I will get it back. Would they cut me an emergency check, anyone know? I have bills due, I can't afford this. I'm soo upset in the system, not one person called me to confirm it last month or this month. I hope this don't happens to no one else.

I've had no problems with Social Security mainly because I fought for my country and I had a hard time getting VA disability. When I got out of the military I kept some jobs but I had a hard time concentrating and I had two suicide attempts before I even applied for Social Security mainly because of what had happened to me. And I was ashamed and I couldn't help what happened to me and I had to hide it. I was clinically depressed. I went to Mental Hospitals. I didn't want to live anymore and live in this mental state of mind and I did not know what was wrong with me and I didn't have the money to go to the doctor. I had lots of doctor bills and I couldn't keep a job longer than a year. I have more than just back problems. I'm badass psycho according to that.

I walked in the first time my mother came with me. That kind of helps me win my case because I couldn't do anything for myself. My mom is on Social Security and she was helping me. I couldn't even function as a human being without medication. I was dead. I was staring into the wall. As soon as I got out of the military my post traumatic stress disorder was so bad they said "how come you can't be" and I said because I keep getting turned down. It took me twenty years just to get into the VA Healthcare System but I finally did get into it.

I'm seeing a counselor now and a pretty soon and getting ready to see a psychiatrist but I've been seeing a psychiatrist since 2000 since I got out of the army since I came back to this country. I was over in Iraq and Saudi Arabia in Kuwait in Germany. I was 11 Bravo infantry Ranger 12 Bravo combat engineer demolition specialist. So yeah they were kind of afraid of me. I know how to do things. I know a lot about tactical combat. I beat up 5 cops but I didn't go to jail for very long for it because I just got another military. I still have a military ID so that was in the my records so I had it paper trail being psycho and going to jail for it.

So when I walked in I asked for help. That was the hardest thing for me to do is to go ask for somebody for help but I did it and they gave me Social Security and they gave me a Medicaid. They gave me all the money that was owed to me cause I had some good jobs when I made enough money. I must have been like 37 or 38 when I got it. I'm 50 now and I've been seeing Mental Health Care Professionals and I've been seeing physical health doctors. I have back problems too. In fact they found out that I had cervical disc disease. The generator just disease end-stage arthritis skin cancer so when I got Social Security I got in just the right time. It was about 2008 when I got my check and it helped me out so I'm grateful for Social Security. They said they owed it to me because I serve my country and fight proud. That's why I got Social Security.

They said I earned it and that they owed it to me. That I could not function in the real world I would wind up in a mental institution because I'd already been to a mental institution twice now. I'm still working on my recovery. I'm trying to get better. At least now I can open up and tell people what my problem is and I'm starting to understand it more. But I'm still disabled and even more of the cancer went away but I still got all the other back issues. Then I'm still handicapped and people still won't hire me and I can't keep a job but I have been able to maintain a residency so that's a good thing. And I get food stamps so that helps me and now I'm getting all the doctor in psychiatric care that no man can ever ask for. I can getting all the help I need. Thank you Social Security. I bet they don't hear that enough.

You have no idea how much effort it is taking me not to insert various colorful metaphors. I have worked pretty much all my life. I had a heart attack last year and file for Social Security Disability. I was subsequently denied. The denial was appealed and I had to wait 16 months just to get a hearing on this appeal. That was 2.5 months ago and I'm still here waiting to find out whether or not you're going to give me MY MONEY. I could totally understand if this was a handout but again this is MY MONEY.

My particular query is "what the ** do you people do all day?" While I am a Veteran, that "hurry up and wait" ** that I had to deal with while in the military no longer applies. I'm being told I'm waiting for someone to write up the decision. Do you all need some help? I believe I could write an entire thesis in the time it is taking you to write 16 pages tops. The sad thing is you probably know this. I'm told that if I am able, I can earn up to $1170 per month with Social Security Disability. I would like to offer my services. It's not my particular area of expertise but I can't be any slower than you are.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Social Security Administration?

By now most of us that are on Social Security have received our notice about the cost of living adjustment which in my opinion is a "Slap in the Face". For my wife the increase just covered the additional cost of plan "B" and for me it went to cover the Federal Tax. So how are we going to cover the increases in utilities, gas, food and so on. Oh! Let's ask all these companies to roll back the prices.

And if any of you who worked for the federal government we are all in the same sinking boat. I know for me after working 50 years and planning for my retirement both working for the federal government and also working for different companies so that I may also collect Social Security. I had to take a penalty because I could not draw full entitlement even though I worked enough time to do so. I told my wife that I wanted to send back the 0.3% but stated to voice my opinion. So the next time you offer this I hope that my time on this earth is looking from the brown side up.

I applied for Social Security Disability in May of 2015 when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I was denied SSD even though I was supposed to be on Chemotherapy for over a year. I quit taking Chemotherapy after the first four treatments because I did not have proper nutrition, nor a safe place to live. I lost my job, and the trickle-down effect caused me to lose my home.

According to Cancer Centers of America, "Many cancer patients experience gastrointestinal symptoms. The Nutrition Therapy team helps restore digestive health, prevent malnutrition and provide dietary recommendations during treatment. Our goal is to help you stay strong and nourished, so you can continue with your cancer treatment." I was not allowed basic nutrition. According to Beth ** the social Worker for the oncology unit at the cancer center I was at, stated a lot of people taking chemotherapy have lost their homes, we have two who live in their truck at the lake. So, this is acceptable health practices. In fact, it seems to be a way to keep people from healing.

I have been unable to heal from just those four chemo treatments and have gone from 125 pounds to 94 and I am probably less that at this time. I have an upper and lower GI scheduled for the 7th of January and I will not be able to do that because I am homeless, vomiting, I have diarrhea and I must take a medication for five days prior to my scheduled appointment that causes more of these problems. I have no appropriate nutrition but according to SSD I must keep all my scheduled Doctors appointments. I cannot do that. How do I poop and vomit without a toilet? When I am scheduled for surgery I have no place to heal. I have gallbladder stones. Need my gallbladder out (this doesn't seem to be a big deal) but without a place to heal it isn't going to happen.

I have contributed to my society by paying my government my taxes. I have gone from a woman with seven rental houses, holding a job, to one of lowest people on the societal food chain. I was a volunteer for over sixteen years. When I was in the seventh grade a representative of Social Security came into my government class and spoke on how our society and government works. I was told that when I contributed to my government they would take care of me in the event of disability and or retirement. This was a lie.

The purpose of this complaint isn't because I believe you will help me. It is a hope that somebody will take responsibility for changing the way things are done. We must be pro-active; help people in medical situations that allow them to heal, so they can become productive citizens again (right you want people to pay the government but we can't). This right or promise was taken from me. I am a dead woman walking. I will get cancer back if it isn't back already. However, with the dietary issues I am having I am losing weight at a pace that I will just drop from malnutrition in a very short period of time. It is over for me, but you can be pro-active so that others can heal and you the government can stop lying to the citizens of the United States and do what you claim or have promised.

I followed the only legal form of cancer treatment, I was told by the cancer oncologists that I would receive SSD while receiving chemotherapy. This was also a lie. I followed the law, I have supported my government that I had believed in. Where did it get me? I was a law-abiding citizen, I believed in my government, I have supported my government, and in return, I have no home, my health was taken from me, I cannot get a job, I have no roof, but the most important thing taken from me was my belief system of supporting my government and the medical establishment. I do not believe anymore.

My father died recently and I called SSA on behalf of my mother as she, like the rest of our family, is devastated from the loss. My parents have been married for 63 years. This woman was already bitchy and insisted on speaking to my mother, which was fine, however, she was so rude to mom because mom had a hard time hearing her. This woman works for the Temple TX branch and we now have an appointment with them for Jan. 2017. No thanks to this woman as she hung up on my mother and I had to call back to talk to someone else. It's sad really.

A day after my brother died in June of 2016, his Social Security check was deposited as usual into his bank account. Within two days after his death, the funeral home properly notified the SSA and within 24 hours of that notification, the SSA withdrew that last check. In late June, the SSA notified me, as his next of kin, that I could apply for that last check as part of his estate. On July 1st, I mailed in the completed form and an original Letters of Testamentary as required. In the middle of September, I visited the local SSA office to ask for a progress report. An agent with no name said that he would send an inquiry. Nothing ever arrived telling me what the status of my claim was.

In the middle of October, I again visited the local SSA office to get a status report. Again, I had to speak with a person with no name. She was more interested in talking about her personal problems than getting an update for me. She said she would make and inquiry but that she didn't see any information about what was happening to the claim. You guessed it. In the middle of November, I spoke with a different individual with no name and got the same runaround. The reason for them not wearing ID badges with names visible is so that people can't positively identify the miscreants by name in a formal complaint. I can understand not having their last names on an ID, but first names would be nice.

It is now the 16th of December and still no word on the claim. If Christmas comes and goes and the money hasn't arrived, I'm going to pay a personal visit to my Senator's local office and see how they might get involved. I'm certainly open for suggestions on getting this long overdue issue resolved. There is no order number because I can't include my brother's SSAN. Nevertheless, I hope this gets published because someone in authority may see this posting and choose to get involved.

Social security has become judge and Jury, concerning our folks' security case. Social Security has stated that my daughter and I individually owe them $15,000. Let's do the math. That's $30,000, and we have to rely on them to inform us if we are current. We do not owe them and they need to refund my daughter's money. They have taken my daughter's $4,000 from last year. States that we have an overpayment. Due to my daughter not being mentally capable okay. 5 years ago. I have complained to no avail with Social Security. I have written to the attorney general, the Better Business Bureau and top authority to no avail. We have proof that my daughter has had a disability since she was 4 years old. All of a sudden 5 years later we are told then she doesn't have a disability and for some reason they can't find the paperwork until I showed proof of her disability.

I have written to the Ripoff Report. I believe that we have been targeted bad employee in Social Security who wants to cover up the mistakes that they have made. I was receiving SSDI and it was discontinued for 3 months after I complained with outside sources. All of a sudden I was informed that I would continue to receive SSDI. When I go on social Security website to print out information they have in there an old address. I have copies to prove this. I am not capable of receiving information that is needed. So I close the ssi website account. I have been working as well as my daughter and we are Start afraid that they will take our income taxes due to this scandal. I was only receiving $347 a month. A portion of this was to pay for an overpayment from child support and the second portion and $100 dollars went to pay for medical insurance, which early this year was no help.

I owe creditors, and hospital bills. I am in debt to the point of bankruptcy due to this matter. I have worked all my life and I feel that social security has failed me and others who asked for help and then have to pay back that help. I love America. Will Social Security give America a black eye. They don't want to help people that I truly in need of assistance without the struggle. I have been working and I will continue to work, and fight for justice for those who cannot speak for themselves. There are many elderly people they are doing this to. They can't eat desirable foods, many stand in lines in the cold to receive DARE TO CARE food from trucks, yet they receive over $700 a month in SSI payments. Is this morality? Our injustice to American people are pay bills.

This issue with Social security must be addressed, before it decays, the human spirit. They have lost homes and peace of mind, due the social security cruelty acts. I worked with a lady benefits were cut in half, because she worked and her rent was increased to $700. She was not aware of the ticket to work program. We can not let the elderly or any Americans rights to joy and happy living be demolished by a system of people who have taken Government jobs to punish people. We have rights and let's all continue to speak against injustice.

I think the last time we received an increase was maybe 3 years ago, and they took all of it for SS. When are we going to get a raise that will make a difference? Maybe all retired people should sign up for welfare. They seem to live a lot better than we do. (Free phone, cigs, booze, food including steaks etc.) MERRY CHRISTMAS.

The local SSA office in my community has some of the worst people on the planet employed there, along with others scattered across the country. Why do they lie so much, and some just simply refuse to do anything for you even after they call your name to come to the window. On Dec. 1, 2016 I went to the local office to, once again, update my banking information. Was called to window, file pulled up, then was told to go back up front and have a seat, when all he had to do was change a couple of sentences that was supposed to had been done almost a year ago but wasn't.

I have asked and mailed a request to go before an ALJ back on August 24, 2016 and was told it would take 3 months to happen. Well, now they don't even want to talk about. However, they can and will go to great lengths to cover their butts when they are caught in serious lies, and try to place the blame on the recipient. I have many boxes of lies and deceit that I want an ALJ to see. It seems though, all hope is in vain because look what they put in the White House to run this country. They don't even know where he come from.

My husband received a letter saying he owes almost $8,000 to SSI because he lived MD from 2013 to 2016. That information is incorrect so, I tried to call them to sort out the problem. I had his payee on the phone because it has not completely been changed to my name yet (we have been waiting for over a month for them to change this).

After waiting on hold for 45 min the lady who answers was kind of rude but I just wanted to get it taken care of before they close. 2 min in and she says I can't be on the phone even though the payee (his mom, my MIL) says she doesn't mind me hearing her information and she needs my help because she is at work. Representative says ok and proceeds. She asks for his SS# and I start to tell it to her when his mom doesn't know it and she flips out on me saying I am not allowed to talk and she will not take any information from me.

My MIL and I are trying to tell her she doesn't have his info because she gave it all off to me when we moved out of state and she gets hostile and starts yelling and saying I am trying to break the rules. I have had to take care of things several time on the phone and as long as either my husband or his payee is there and says they can speak in front of me it has not been a problem. I say I want to talk to a manager and she says she is a manager and proceeds to freak out. I said I want HER manager and she hangs up on us! Now I have to wait another 45 min at least and may have to wait until tomorrow since it is now so late. Then, the survey asks me if I selected to get a call back - I WAS NEVER OFFERED a call back!! On hold again right now and there was still no way to request a call back.

I called SSA on behalf of my disabled mother, to inquire about a returned social security payment that was not received due to an address change. I gave Shelly, the representative from the call center, all the updated account information and newly established bank account information for the monthly benefit to be deposited. She told me couldn't tell me when the check would be sent, although I explained to her that my mother was experiencing a financial hardship. She said all she could do was send a message to the payment center and hope for a response within 7 business days. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she refused and said I must go into a local office to make a complaint. How can a disabled woman that just suffered a stroke, and has financial burdens be expected to drag herself into an office to inquire about the returned check.

I repeatedly asked her to let me speak to a supervisor and she began antagonizing me asking why I want to speak with one because they were only going to tell me the same thing she told me. She then placed me on hold for several minutes and said the supervisor would call me back in an hour. Then she placed me on another hold and said it would be 24 hours before I was contacted. So, my mother still doesn't know when she will receive her "lost" social security payment. She also doesn't know how she will pay her utilities due to the lack of funds.

I went down to the Social Security Office to get a paper I needed. I took a number and waited patiently like everyone else. I had my 1 and a half year old daughter with me. I am a stay at home mom and I did not have a babysitter for her to go to. I am aware the Social Security gets very busy and waiting can be for quite a while. I made sure I brought with me plenty of things to keep her occupied for as long as I could. I was there for a little over an hour. There were two numbers ahead of mine. We would not have been there for much longer.

My daughter began to get bored and starting to cry. The security guard then came up to me and told me "if you can't keep your baby quiet then you need to leave!!" I was astonished by this!! Of course I wasn't going to argue with him so I took my daughter and I left. I just can't believe the complete disregard for me and my child. Babies get fussy especially a 1 and a half year old that's been sitting in a stroller for over an hour at an office.

Social security is absolutely a miserable place to deal with. Welcome to hell when you have to deal with them. I have been trying to fix a problem with them for four months, and they refuse to fix it. I have one incompetent, rude, nasty person after the next. They all gave me different instructions and when I follow them which take hours of work and tons of phone calls they tell me I'm doing the wrong thing. I Sat there the other day for three hours and still not resolved. I hate these people. They treat you like an animal with armed security guards. At this point I don't know who to turn to for help. Maybe my congressman can help me or an ss lawyer. I can't believe the way this government treats its own people.

I had an appointment on 9/6/16 at 11 am. I went to my appointment and gave my caseworker 4 paystubs for August including a document from my employer to which copies were made. On Sept 12, 2016 I received a letter along with the copies of all the documentation I provided on 9/6/16. Correspondence from them revealed incorrect information. When I contacted them they denied receiving any documentation from me. Wow they sent me the documents back but they say they never got them. How absolutely voiceless I feel. How can this nonsense stop if officials turn a blind eye.

I am disabled, burn survivor and back in September (2016) my husband walked out on me and then when that happened the SSA drastically cut my SSI monthly payments down from $755 to $235 a month now. How am I supposed to live on that? I strongly believe that the SSA is punishing me for my husband's walking out and that is unfair. I have tried repeatedly to work with the SSA to reinstate my original SSI amount but they have refused. So I was forced to contact as many of my representative in Washington DC and even they can't (more likely) won't help. They are useless. So now I have decided to write to the SSA commissioner. I am now waiting to hear from her. If she doesn't do something about this I am planning to have the SSA office where I live INVESTIGATED by a higher authority because something is wrong with what they are doing to me.

The SSA area bunch of criminals and thieves. I believe that more people should stand up and do whatever they can to fight back rather than just sit and complain about what the SSA is doing to them. One, two, three rejections for help doesn't mean you simply give up. If we all stand together we can make our politicians change the way SSA works and force them to actually help people rather than just throwing a monthly check at us to keep us quiet.

I believe that SSA should be more than a bank for us. It should actually help us live better lives by helping us get job training, and a good paying job, decent housing and money to pay the rent. The way the SSA works now doesn't really help anyone it just throws money at us to keep us in line. Well it's time for the SSA to be overhauled, investigated and the SSA employers and employees need to actually earn their paychecks and if they don't, can their sorry asses. Oh and they should have to earn the minimum wage and live on it as we do. I don't know about the rest of you but I've had enough of the SSA abuses and I intend to do whatever it takes to change the way it works!

I've went to the Gainesville FL social security administration office a few times to be seen by a caseworker & wow I never saw anything like it, the workers are very rude with nasty attitudes. They talk to the people being seen by them any kind a way from what I've seen & experienced myself, even when I've called to the office they still have a bad attitude, not to mention that when you go to the office you sit two or three hours or more before been seen & a lot of low life's hang around on the outside of the building. They need to shut that place down permanently.

Don't go above the case worker for what you are denied and due you with the Oak Ridge, Tn Social Security office. If you do you will have to go to the top to get it. The worker lie to you and have others lie to cover the lies they told. They act as if the money due you is coming out of their pocket!!!

Yes, I live in Indiana and I am tired of my SSI checks always getting cut either because I go to work or get married. They need to start changing the laws on that. Stop cutting people's SSI checks. If they get Social Security or SSDI those checks are never getting cut if they get an increase being on SSI and their spouse gets SSDI the person getting the SSI does not get an increase and that is ridiculous. How am I going to live $326 a month and have 2 bills and a loan to pay back and buy stuff for the home while living with in-laws and have no actual money left to live on the rest of the month. A complaint needs filed on the SSA Office and their workers and the President. The new one needs to change the laws on this. Pit it back to where it was long time ago and leave people's and including myself all the SSI checks the hell alone.

Anyone on Social Security hasn't gotten one cent in an increase since 2014. The GAO said there was no increase in the cost of living, so if you're retired, you don't need a cost of living increase (COLA). There is no COLA for 2017, again we don't need it since everything still costs the same as in 2014. What planet do they live on? Here on Earth, nothing stays the same. I know 3 people who are 79, 80 and 83 that had to go back to work to make ends meet. Apparently, government employees are getting paid plenty so the rest of us are totally ignored. Maybe when these people retire there will be no SSI, so I hope they are all investing wisely. I hate this government, but I love my country!

I am so frustrated. I tried to use the password I had saved, and the website would not recognize it. When I requested a new one, I decided to use the same password I had. The site then said I could not use the same password I had set up previously! So, I decided to start over & simply use the same original password. It would not recognize it again though & took me out of the system (You cannot try again after several tries.).

Then I tried to call & was told the wait would be about 45 minutes! (Even to get to that point to hear about the wait time, the automatic voice prompts would not let me advance unless I practically yelled out the answers!) I don't have that kind of time to wait 45 mins unfortunately. I am simply trying to apply online for my benefits! Even the local offices use the same 800 no. (800) 772-1213. I will try again the next day & request a completely new password...I long for the days when one could get a live person to answer the phone...

I received a letter 2/2015 from the social security administration stating that I owe them a very large overpayment. $98,000.000 and that's not including the benefits that were paid to my 4 children under my claim. After receiving the letter, I went straight to my local office to see what was going on. My caseworker informed me that my benefits were ceased in 2006. He told me that I have been getting benefits for 9 years and was not suppose to be getting them. Not to mention that I have had several medical and work reviews between the years of 2006-2015 and they all came back saying that I was eligible for benefits. My benefits were also stopped in 2008, I appealed it, won the appeal and received back pay from the appeal and my benefits were reinstated in 2009. So why they didn't find out about the overpayment back then, I'm not sure.

So my question to him and every other worker that I have talked to at the SSA was how did they let that go for so long without catching it and nobody can give me a solid answer on what happened in my case. I have showed them all of the letters that SSA have sent me to prove my point. I have talked to everyone from my local office, to the 800# reps, to a lady in Baton Rouge and to me all of them are giving me the runaround. I went to my local office 8/10/2016 and I was told that my case was reinstated in 7/2016 but it is still being processed in the payment center in Baltimore, MD. I explained to him that I have been going back and forth with them for almost 2 years and I am now in a dire need situation. Every time I call and talk to someone about my situation, I get a different story.

I think it is very unfair that the SSA can do this to people whom already have challenges and something needs to be done. I have contemplated suicide on several different occasions because I am beyond my breaking point. I have been suffering for almost 2 years for a mistake that clearly someone at the SSA has made and all they can tell me to do is be patient. That is a lot of money hanging over my head and I cannot just be patient. My next step is to get my state representative involved and see if they can help me because so far SSA has been no help to me.

I filed for Disability in 2014, after having a breakdown and leaving my job. At the time I was still in the National Guard, and trying to finish my 6 years, while trying to support myself and my now husband. I have always had problems, but for a couple years I seemed stable and doing fine, aside from minor hiccups. It started going downhill in 2012 due to a number of circumstances, and from then on, it just got worse. I have PTSD (childhood sexual trauma/violent trauma), Borderline personality disorder, dystima disorder, anxiety disorder, all very severe and requiring medication and therapy (the therapy isn't available in my area due to insurance coverage) on top of having a spine injury/knee injury (military related). All of these are documented, but each new doctor I get sent to seems to have differing opinions that caused some problems (i.e. being diagnosed with bipolar instead).

Since filing, I had to get a job a couple months after due to having no other income and was desperate. Ended up getting fired a few months later. Haven't been able to keep a job longer than 5 months because lack of appropriate treatment and inability to cope with the public. I was denied, and got an attorney to assist me, and got a court review. The judge was, to say the least, condescending with my case. I felt like I was treated like someone looking for a hand out, despite trying my hardest to be productive and having it thrown in my face. I was denied again, with the judge concluding that I could just take an office job. Not easy where I live when you not only have to compete for the job, but they require several years of experience.

I am still in the process if fighting for SSD, only to find out that my friend, who in the past four years developed Anxiety/depression, was fast tracked through all the paperwork, and approved on the first try. She had been working as well, as a CNA, a couple years before that before quitting her job. HOW THE HELL can someone, who has been suffering with illnesses like mine, who has had multiple hospitalizations, documentation, therapy sessions since the sixth grade, and proof be denied while someone who just developed problems only a few years ago be approved? Is it because I had to work (however short in duration they were)? Was it because at the time I couldn't afford therapy (and even now can't get in to see one due to insurance coverage)? I still can't get a job since no one is willing to hire someone who has these issues, which is understandable. It costs a business money if something goes wrong.

It may be me, but there seems to be a mixture of age discrimination there, as well as not taking mental illnesses seriously. You can't send someone to have a mental health evaluation for 30 mins and have a proper diagnosis (as well as that doctor is known to be a quack in our town and has a reputation of issuing incorrect diagnosis to patients). And simply denying over the fact that they have tried to work but either having to quit or get fired because of their medical problems? It's really, really sad seeing people take advantage of disability, while people with legitimate mental health problems are given this runaround.

I received a huge overpayment letter from the Social Security Office in Covington, GA who claims I didn't report my son's wages for the year of 2015 which I have provided proof. In meeting with Ms. ** in the office, she stated if I would provide proof of the letter stating I reporting my son's employment, then the office would wipe out the overpayment. I faxed over the letter and nothing was ever done, it was a lie this woman told me. In addition, I have requested a informal back in the first week of April 2016 and never had a meeting. In June of 2016, I went in and filed a complaint against the office, which I was given a reconsideration form to fill out to file a complaint which was ignored. I then went back into the office the first week of August 2016 which I just received a phone call about a consideration appointment which is unfair.

This office is doing something wrong and I know it and I believe my family has been targeted as a way to retrieve money which was not anything I have done illegal. In addition, I have contacted the OIG in Atlanta to get turned away. Afterwards, on this past Friday, I contacted the 1-800-772-1213 number to be pushed off to the Baltimore MD Central Office 410-965-8882 who sent me right back to a 877-873-8882 number which was back to the local office where I am having the issue with. These people are giving me the run around while this office is taking money from my son's SSI and now has sent me a letter of taking thirty-two dollars from his Disability Checks. These people are wrong and they need to be stopped!

They stole payments for me and my kids put me on exclusion lists - stole my savings earned during my trial work period. They were in cahoots with Bank of America which stole thousands of dollars. Made it so I couldn't close on my home that I was supposed to close on a day later. Harassed me. Made fun of my disabilities. Made it so me and my 5 children were homeless. Lied, lied, lied. False investigation, deformation of character, you name it they did it. Won't review statements showing missing payments. I could go on and on and no one helps. Petition this on FB social security administration corruption - 1,000 signatures to get the media involved and to protest.

Was almost killed in an auto accident on 4/1/1990. I received multiple skeletal injuries and fractures, including four spinal fractures, pelvic injury and a severe knee/leg injury. My right kidney has not been located yet. After finally getting assistance to get to the office, get in touch with a caseworker, complete, which was blatantly visible, the paperwork for disability, this caseworker started coming by the house (checking on me). It was one such visit when she told me, "Mr **, you better try to find work before SSA cut your benefits off". I still had braces on, could just barely stand with someone helping me, halo brace, etc. I tried anyway to follow her advice. A few companies let me ride with new employees to give them road advice but the work was just too demanding and I would be terminated.

I kept trying and kept failing because the work was just too hard and I was endangering myself too greatly. I just simply couldn't do the work anymore. But, as another act of so called democracy, SSA now says I owe them over $33,000 00 in overpayment!!! And they stopped my SSA benefits, and threw me onto SSI and now they have reduced my benefits down to less than a $120.00 per month. Is this the NWO that is being thrown around DC? Would my outcome have been better if I was from Syria, or hide my personal info from Federal Investigations? I'm also, an ex-marine, honorably discharged from the US Marine Corps. What is actually taking place in this country? How am I supposed to survive with this so-called benefit? I rest my case. I leave you with this: I know where I was born, I know when I was born, I also know right from wrong, and wasn't ever a habitual liar, for any reason. Thank you.

I called the Social Security Administration office regarding my father's retirement payment. We received a letter about his payment date, it's been almost over a month but he still hasn't receive his payment. I waited on the phone for over 30 minutes. Finally I got to speak to someone, and that woman said she couldn't open his account because he was not there with me... Duh, I was at work. Then she hung up on me without directing me to the right person who can help me with this. All I needed to find out why he still hasn't received his payment. You people are getting paid by citizens' tax and their hard work earnings, but refused to pay their retirement payment, then acted so rude like you are everything.

I have applied for Social Security September of 2012. Hired an attorney from Raleigh. I had a hearing which was overdue in February only to get denied. I've had 2 fusions c5-c6 on my neck, wrist fusion on my right hand, RA, high blood pressure, cholesterol, border line diabetic. Every day I make myself get up to just do the basics, it's difficult to make it through the day. I've worked most of my life.

For the life of me I do not understand why this system just doesn't work. I don't know whether they just discriminate on who they want. I am of spanish heritage. It makes me feel unworthy and depressed everyday to know that this is what people go through. I would have never imagine it because I never thought I would be one of them. I pray that I can get my disability but when I see what goes on it amazes me. The judge that heard my case denied me because there were 2 jobs that I should be able to do which at that time I did not know were the last 2 jobs I came off and cannot do. It's a shame Social Security is run by discriminatory idiots. The more they denied people the longer they keep their jobs doing the same crap over and over again. We the people should protest.

Social Security Administration Company Profile