3.02/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Social Security Administration

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Social Security Administration Reviews

Original review: July 31, 2019

Thanks Bonita ** for the great customer service (SSA office Mesa, AZ). She patiently and kindly provided me with the answers to all my questions. She is very professional and knowledgeable. Thanks again for the great customer service I received on the 30 st of July 2019.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I had a phone interview with Kelly for my disabled son's survivor's benefits because he just lost his Dad. She was very kind and caring and I couldn't have asked for a better interview. She along with Mrs. ** need to teach a customer service class for the SSA. I am not saying they are all bad, but I had one today who needs to get a better occupation - that review is next. Again, thank God for the ones who are amazing and Kelly is just that - AMAZING!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

As I read these horrible reviews of the SSA, I must state, each and every time I go into the SSA Office in Altoona Pennsylvania for ANYTHING, I am treated with dignity and respect. The last time I went in was October 2018, I received what was written on the letter as a "Overpayment" notice. Upon reviewing the letter, this debt was from 1980 when I was 11 years old. Someone had been collecting death benefits in my name at the time of my father's death. I simply notified them I was 11 years of age in 1980 when this debt was incurred and I received nothing, they were kind and courteous, entered a waiver on my behalf and kindly asked me if there was anything else they could do to assist me.

Anytime I deal with anyone, I use sir, ma'am, please and thank you. MUTUAL RESPECT does in fact make any social interaction much easier. I read the Security staff is throwing folks out just for asking a question, I DO NOT believe that for a minute if you are removed from a Federal facility, you are a danger to the facility and the people within.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Well I went in the office and asked my worker in May 2018. I needed an advance so I could pay off my Jeep before they come get it. He told me to come in the office so I went the next day. When I get there he tells me that they don't give out money for that. But if I would bring him an invoice say I was going to buy something like furniture then he would approve it. So I gave him the invoice and he gave me the loan. So I paid off my Jeep.

Now in July I tried to get a loan but it went all bad. On July 10 a check was put into my account and the next day I withdrew some of the money but an hour later my bank account went bad -1200 dollars. So I called social security to inform them and what can I do. They never told me nothing. So when I found out that the bank was going to keep my check in August, I ask SSA could I get 1200 dollars to cover my rent and bills. They told me NO and what happened to the money that they gave me that I got back in May? I told them I paid off my Jeep, and worker told me, "That's not why I approved you." I said "What????" Do they didn't give no help when I asked for money to pay my bills.

So from that time until now my check has be really late plus I had to get a payee because they think I can't manage my money. So I took my moma up there and another person told me that I didn't need a payee. So I asked him before I went home I asked him did he understand why I asked for the money? He gave a paper to fill out to bring back to him. So the next day I brought the paperwork now before I even left the office that same person had the nerve to tell me that I need a payee because it looks like I can't handle my money. Now you can probably know I am pretty upset. So once again my mother and I went down and signed the paperwork, now this is October I am supposed to get my 6 month back pay. My mom's work and we talked about how I will catch up On My bills and rent, which everything is so far behind.

So I called my new worker to ask if was still getting my 6 month payment and these stupid people told me "why am I calling? Where is your payee?" I told them she working and I am just wanted to know if I was getting my 6 month payment and she to me that my payment for next month is on hold because I need a new payee. A week before the 1st of the month. Now I am hella pissed off. Now every since this office has stopped me from taking care myself my life is upside down. I am about to lose my place where I have been for 7 years and lose my car that I had payments Plus everything else. I am so far behind and they don't care. Now they always tell me this... "we are not here to tell me how to spend my money, we just want to help me manage my money". That sounds like the same thing... Now I have to fight again with them before I lose everything.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

If you are a fan of unprofessionalism, ** and shiftless service.... then this is your office. No one knows what they are doing and after the 4th or 5th call you can clearly see why. The bum supervisor, Mr. ** NEVER returns calls, even if messages are placed directly on his desk. So sad that this piece of excrement is in charge of services that affect people's livelihood. What a sorry example of leadership he is.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Social Security Administration?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I called social security and spoke to a representative a few months ago to get a Direct Benefit card because I closed my bank account. They issued me a new card that I received and funds never placed on card. Call the representative and they did not understand and hung the phone up being upset at me because I question them on why would I go to a bank that’s close account to ask for my benefits. I go to our local branch which cater to all of West Michigan, remind you just one branch, so you are literally waiting for over 3 to 4 hours just to talk to a in person representative. That’s so insane, then they close for lunch leaving upset customers who been waiting since Social Security Administration open. That’s just really insane, immoral, and darn right not right. You would think all the money government control that they will hire more people to service the people. Greedy government. It’s a shame.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

The worst administration to ever have to deal with. No one knows anything, lost paperwork, never a confirmation, status update, NOTHING. It is so disgusting with all of the technology we have today to have to deal with terrible customer service & lack of knowledge from this administration. To say they should be ashamed of themselves is an understatement. Hopefully everything you put people through, especially grieving families, will one day come back to haunt you. Multiple, timely phone calls, submitted “3” 1724 forms, no one knows anything, lost original documents, SSA is a total disgrace!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

In Orange County, California, in most, if not all government agencies, if you are a Vietnamese, regardless how old and/or what kind of language you are more influence, your case will be assigned to a Vietnamese worker. WHY? The truth is, in Orange County, California, the Vietnamese were disliked and/or discriminated against the Vietnamese. As a Vietnamese, when I came to the local SSA to apply for the benefits, after my case was wrongly handled by 2 Vietnamese workers. I then asked that my case be handled by a non Vietnamese, my case is still handled by the Vietnamese workers, even in the hearing. This is my first time to deal with the Orange County SSA, but I had been hearing about this kind of problems for a long time. What is going on? I hope this review is posted and hope all Vietnamese, whose had this problem be voicing your opinion, so hope they will change their rules.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I had to contact Social Security today to speak with them about a Medicare issue and frankly I am just fed up with their representatives! I work in an industry where I have routine contact with Medicare on behalf of clients and I have come across some very rude reps so I knew what I might encounter. Today I was calling on a personal matter and simply needed a form sent to me. After being on hold for over a half an hour the woman picks up and I identify myself. I let her know I had spoken with a rep on Monday (assuming she might see this in their notes in their system) and I was calling back as instructed. I was told to call back after following up with another entity regarding the issue I was calling about. Before I finished explaining exactly what I needed, she went down a rabbit trail and began talking about something having nothing to do with why I was calling.

When I tried to correct her she raised her voice and spoke very disrespectfully with me telling me "that is NOT what you said." When I attempted to correct the conversation she terminated the call with no warning by transferring me to the online survey regarding her service. ALL I NEED IS A FORM! It should not be that hard. Unless I have missed something, our taxes pay for their positions. While they should not have to be subjected to rude and abusive consumers, we certainly should not have to be subjected to their rudeness, condescending tone and them simply hanging up on us. What happened to problem solving? What happened to trying to resolve an issue? What happened to Kindness? To respect? Excuse me, but I work hard to pay your salary!

I called back in the hopes of getting another rep and the wait is now over an hour long! The saddest part about this is because of the work I do I know this to be the rule and not the exception... WHY Social Security workers and Medicare workers are so ugly, mean and obnoxiously rude is beyond me! The worst part is, they have the power to control everything and that to me is dangerous. So disappointed in what we have become.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

The staff member couldn’t handle her responsibility and instead chose to side with not wanting to complete the request and instead of getting help from another staff, she waved a security guard to do her bidding. So I left unhelped myself but awarded this staff with my energy.

Social Security Administration Company Information