1.06/5
Based on 54 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

367 Social Security Administration Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

The Social Security Administration is a mess. Its workers are rude, unhelpful, insulting, threatening, and unprofessional. My wife has been yelled at, I've been yelled at, and I've also been threatened by an employee there, who told me I need an attitude adjustment. All I've ever wanted is specific questions about my case, where my backpay went, why my monthly payments aren't consistent and every time I call I'm given the runaround.

It's hard, since the common citizen has no recourse for dealing with these people. There really is no way for me to file a complaint, even when I ask for a supervisor, I'm hung up on. And considering I'm a disabled veteran, I find the Social Security office actions distasteful. If you're thinking of applying, don't. Seriously, homelessness is easier than dealing with these people. Besides, Social Security is going bankrupt in a matter of years, eluding to its mismanagement from the bottom to the top.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I am 43 year old. It took 5 years to win my case. The judge awarded me a large sum of back pay money. I was approved almost a year ago and still have not received my back pay. I have contacted my congressman. They opened a file, called an social security advocate they opened a file. This was in the beginning of July 2018. You would think a congressman could light a fire under their **, congressman are above social security. I feel they are violating my rights by keeping my money. I worked straight from the age 13 to 38 and when I need help because of a mental illness these ** just keep taking. They're ** around with my money. Not theirs. Mine.

I called them every month. They kept telling me. "Oh it's being worked on." I found out by my attorney in July of 18 no one has even touched it. My case has just been sitting on a desk. They are so ** lazy, all they have to do is get 3 signatures and release my money. They lied to me for months. I am sick of them abusing their power because they can. They have wasted enough of my time. I don't get my back pay by Friday I am hiring an attorney. They have almost a year to do their job. They are a bunch of **. So are some of those old administration law judges. I was denied 2 by this old **, who looked like he was a 100. Never even read my records. The 3 judge, said from reading your records I have no idea why this has taken 5 years. I found out later the old ** only approves 2 percent of mental ill cases. What a bunch of ** hats.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Except for one lady who was nice, everyone else at the 800 number was adversarial and discourteous. All I wanted was a replacement social security card. That's it! The first guy told me that I needed a valid California driver’s license. I asked, "So you are telling me that only California residents can get a replacement card?" He replied, "Sir, either you agree to the terms or you don't!" and he hung up. Only California residents can get replacement cards??? The second lady asked all kinds of questions and I had to answer off the top of my head. Suddenly she said, "That's not what you gave me a second ago! I can consider that fraud and disconnect this call!" I told her, "Wow! Oh my God! You don't have to bother because *I* am disconnecting this call!" Perhaps they have less work to do if they can use any trick to get people off the phone line? I am going to the local office to close my account.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I called to help my mom fill out a form as a representative payee. The person I talked to was rude. He had no ability to think for himself. He told me that my mom had to go to the local office, and that he couldn't tell me why. He said she wasn't listed as the representative payee. The local office said that she clearly was and that the guy just couldn't make sense of the fact that her name was overlapping her sister's name. She told me that they don't hire very good people that can figure things out.

I am trying to get out of town for my son's wedding, and this guy was vague and refused to listen to me. I told him that SSA sent a form to my mom, but she lost it and needs another. WHY would anyone ask for a form that wasn't sent? I asked to speak to someone else. He refused, and he said, "Why do we keep having to go over the same thing?" Unbelievable, unacceptable. My mom was worried because she didn't want to let the deadline pass by, and the guy refused to help us or explain why.

Original review: July 27, 2018

When I phoned SSA end of the first week in July 2018 to change my direct deposit to a credit union, the SSA rep assured me it was in time to change before the end of the month--a false claim, for SSA deposited my SS payment in my previous bank, which is an unsecured creditor during my bankruptcy proceedings and which gobbled up my SS check for overdrafts and attendant fees, leaving me with virtually nothing to pay my property taxes, internet, phone, etc. Since I live on SS retirement and Army disability, this will play havoc with my monthly budget cause the SSA, like other notorious government agencies, can't seem to move faster than a typical garden slug. Shame on these SSA slugs!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Social Security Administration?

Original review: July 25, 2018

Was approved for Medi-Cal when I wasn't eligible; this was done by Orange County Social Services Agency; yes they made the error and it was not due to anything I did, said or presented to them. 3 years later, I received a letter telling me that my Medi-Cal benefits were being discontinued at my request... Not true! I never requested them to be stopped, so their language & wording is inaccurate at best. I went through the appeals process for Medi-Cal with some lady from OC Social Services "assisting me". We set up a date for a "Phone Hearing" w/ a judge. The social services woman never bothered to tell me that I'd have to pay back the MediCare monthly insurance premiums which are $135/month.

So months after I lost my case on appeal they send me a letter telling me they're taking out $404 on my next check... That's the ENTIRE $404 from my disability check for the month of August!!! Are you kidding me?!? I'm already deeper into debt every month! Who does this to disabled workers who are already struggling!? What the heck is wrong with these people that they wouldn't tell me that!

Original review: July 13, 2018

I have started a Facebook page so people that have been wronged by SSA can come together. I have been discriminated against by the people at my local office. My case was closed just because the caseworker didn't like me. Look me up WRONGED BY SSA on Facebook. RN I am filing a complaint to SSA and writing to my governor to see if this gets resolved but my story from start to now is there. I am looking for a Federal lawyer that got the balls to SUE them for unfair treatment, negligence. So far 7 lawyers turned me down. Maybe with a CLASS action, we can get somewhere and get our local office to do their jobs. Applied in 2009 approved 2018 deny 7x in between.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I have had an issue 2 times with 1 person. The 1st time, he asked my 24 yr old how her and her brother have a home and land in their name, That is none of his business. Today, he told me that I did not give him receipts showing I used 1,100 of my backpay to buy 2 ACs and flooring. I said, "Yes, you have it." He shook his head no. I said, "Hand them here," then I handed the receipts showing where I paid for 2 new units and flooring. I went 100 cheaper per ac unit and 150 cheaper on the floor so I could also buy some extra food etc. (500 a month is not much to live on). I get SSI due to my bipolar and my inability to deal with people. I feel he deliberately tries to cause me to lose it so they can ban me from Social Security offices. What do I do? How do I talk to someone else? What are my rights protecting me? I can't lose my income. Along with my other health issues, I cannot work. I would be homeless and starving.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I went to Dunn St. in Jacksonville, Florida to take my wife to her Social Security appointment. The place is a puke, you can't even go in front of the building because they are SMOKING AND PUKING PHLEGM and spitting all that green puke with smoke on the sidewalk. Meanwhile, the sign are POSTED "NO SMOKING" BUT NOBODY CARE.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Social Security YORK, PA claims they overpaid me. I had a one on one conference with Laura ** she seemed like a nice lady. She determined that I could not pay back the amount with my little Social Security income and confirmed me I would not have to pay back because it would be a financial burden. Then came the letter I have to repay. I called them and they said Laura ** said I agreed to pay $150.00 a month back to paid off. What a LIAR LIAR LIAR. Should not have her job. Now I am strapped with no extra money to even buy clothing.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Social Security Rep terminated my husband’s SSI for missed appointment that was scheduled for the day following the death of my brother. I left several messages to both the Doctor and the caseworker trying to reschedule the appointment but never received a return call, then the day his direct deposit should have arrived I didn't report that it was never received because I had no payment scheduled, so when it came time to access the funds I realized it was not there and to be honest I was still mourning the death of my brother. It was very hard because I was with him through his time in hospice up until the end and it was very quick. We had a month, and we were still trying to process the recent passing of our father, it was less than a year I had lost 2 people very close to my heart and became very depressed so when I tried to explain this to the Rep she acted as though I was lying!

I was in tears and begging her to please understand that if they did not continue his payment I was getting evicted. That was not important enough to her, she said I had to file a request and request they pay me during an appeal because they had terminated him for not showing up to his medical evaluation. When I was done she took it and then proceeded to tell me that if the request would have been made by someone other than myself it might have been approved but since it had been me they couldn't! I started crying and begged her several times not to do this because I was honestly going to be evicted and still she said there was nothing she could do and I had to wait for instructions on the process of the appeal.

It was almost a month and a half and nothing so we went back and they updated the system and took the information that we were now living out of our car and said any more changes we can come in and update them, so we did only a week later when we finally got someone who actually knows what she is doing. She went over everything and found out that not only were we given the wrong form but it was never submitted and that it was not even for the right program, and that they should have not even terminated because I had a legitimate reason for the missed appointment. That was great but by this time too late. We were already homeless and in the process of giving our daughters to our son to care for them so they didn't have to suffer, he picked them up and took them back to Nevada and we were left living out of our car.

What I don't understand is how and why someone who works in a place set to help disabled people could so easily be the very person who destroys them and cripples them even more? I can't ever doing anything wrong or saying anything to insult her, but I was being sentenced for something. She was not at all understanding or even showing any care that I had just been through an emotional tragedy, she smiled and waved me off. I walked out of that room telling her that I would be better off dead. She said, “Ok thank you anything else I can help you with?” I honestly considered taking my life!!!

I still at times wish to be spared but that is besides the point. The fact that we are still homeless 2 months after getting evicted because someone was just not having a good day or just plain didn't like me or didn't feel like helping me makes me think that she should be responsible for this and that I should be compensated for the eviction and everything else we have been through. She is ultimately the cause of everything that occurred after her errors on his case and keeping his payments from him and ending up being the main reason for the eviction and us still homeless.

One person's actions have caused our family a domino effect on our current situation and the already experienced pain and suffering. I don't feel that restoring his payments will justify the pain she caused us and the amount of losses we had on account of the sudden eviction. Not having money to pay for storage ended up costing us more than what money can buy and she needs to answer to that.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have been disabled since 1999 awarded 2004. I had many surgeries over the years and was able to sit up for 8 hour. I had my children abducted in 1999 and I was ordered to pay child support out of my disability. I have never seen my children since they were kidnapped. I had one more child and I have raised her every diaper and bottle. As a result I could no longer pay my bills and lost my home that was paid for. As of now my child and myself are homeless. I lost my car, my disability, I get nothing. No food stamps. No money. Nothing. I went to a Dr. who spent all of five minutes deciding I wasn't disabled for Obama to steal my disability money. Then I went to Human Resources and they kept trying to force me to work or I could not get TANF. I just had another ** hit me head on in my 3rd severe car crash. I never had a ticket my whole life. I don't work because I cannot. I have nothing to support me and my child.

I worked all my life. It took me 11/2 years to get it back and child support put a judgment on my license that I don't owe. I could not get to my appointments and lost my disability the same month I got it back. I have not worked since 1999. The lady at SSD said I have a business, I have a business name that I created to please the people at Human Resources. So I could get some money and food for my child. I am so hungry. I hardly get to eat two to three times a week, I never done anything wrong. and I still get nothing. Death would be welcomed for the life of suffering I still endure. I don't know what to do. I called the Sheriff, and the FBI and nothing was done to help me. My Civil rights have been trampled on since 1999, Deprived of being a parent to my children. Having my funds extorted, forced out of my own home. Can't someone help me please..I am so tired of being hungry.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I called this morning as they sent my social security benefit to wrong address. I wait 45 MIN. And the lady Angela tells me they get it from IRS. I stated the IRS has my correct address. I never lived at the address they sent it to. She hung up on me. I called IRS. Mr. ** stated they have my correct address. I call the Social Security office and request call back. One hour later Angie calls and I nicely explain and she says, "Hold on" and hangs up on me? Really? They need to be held accountable. This is so wrong to do to elderly and handicapped. I am appalled by the treatment I received and wasted 3 hours only to get no help.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Ok where do I start. Some VERY RUDE & RACIST WOMAN was VERY rude to my boyfriend who is **. He had a misunderstanding with his payee and tried to switch me to his payee and said and I quote "There's not going to be any more money issued out to you by us today so you just make sure you contact your payee to make sure you get your money back..." The woman didn't even TRY to help him. She was just right down obnoxious to him and when he wanted to make me his payee the woman rudely asked me & him how long he and I been together which was none of her business. I said 6 years and then she stated quite rudely, "I can't do that because girlfriends will come and girlfriends will go and what will you do if you 2 break up and she takes off with your money?"

The woman actually accused my boyfriend of lying. The woman was just being random because she didn't want to deal with us then the woman SSI RUDELY asked me why I was SSI myself which was none of her business cause she wasn't dealing with me. I said, "I think I have a mental problem. I'm not really sure." Then the woman turned towards my boyfriend and said you're going with someone that has a mental disability and then that's when he tried to keep his cool and tried to reason with this woman to stay on topic. I know you guys get people who are rude all the time but that isn't any reason to take it on him or anyone else. He's a kind hearted gentle individual who would give you the clothes off his back. I don't remember the name of this woman.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Social Security Administration (Aliso Viejo Orange County) - Always lose check stubs and/or if you tick off a claims representatives especially (Olivia or Ms.**) they will have your caseworker harass you and tell you that your spouse/case is missing check stubs from three years back. I had all my check stubs stamped by SSI receptionist! But SSI will bully you and tell you it doesn’t matter. SSA employees does this to us every year, I 100% evidence. SSA caseworkers/ representatives always ask us to bring check stubs counting from three years back - in hopes that we’ve lost the documents and or wouldn’t provide them again after we submitted in the past.

I have made several formal complaints to Ms. **, Ms. **, Ms. and Ms. **, Ms. **, Ms. **, the head offices, but not limited to... We filed several complaints with Hon. Barbara Boxer’ Office Of U.S. Senator 70 Washington Street, Sui-203 Oakland, California 94607 Ph: (510) 286-8537 Fax: (202) 228-3864 or Fax (202) 224-0454.

Social Security Administration employees can make one very upset/ill every time one goes there in hopes that you give up or maybe die from stress. Social Security Administration employees, they treat people/clients like slaves, animals, yelling at them, and the security guard really knows employees escalated the hostile situations, and he has no clue as to what’s going on whatsoever. The security guards' job is supposed to keep the peace and observe and report.

(In Take Case-Rep. Olivia) Interrogated me as if was stealing money from her. Asking me the questions to see if I would change my answers and was sarcastic, and I reminded her that the call was recorded and told her how I felt. Olivia retaliated.

The next day my son's caseworker called but left a message requesting check stubs for my 13 year old granddaughter? I knew that Ms. ** harassing me for “Olivia” because she went back three years without cause or notifications or reason. This has caused me and my family more hardships and placed us under duress, but not limited to. Please take notice that “certain” Social Security Administration employees employers are mean, very aggressive, retaliatory, demeaning, bullies, insulting, liars, prejudice against people of other races, harassing, non-diplomatic, negative, nonfriendly, negligent per se, but not limited to.

I am 100% afraid for my safety and others' because of Social Security employers/employees lack proper professional training and or Social Security Administration employees' carelessness, nonchalant attitudes towards clients that are mentally ill, disabled, is very disgusting and place our lives in everyday dangerous situations. Doctors getting kickbacks for savings money for denying benefits to qualified severely disabled individuals, and the mentally ill, and individuals with rare illnesses. Patients dying because Social Security doctors, and judges denying them and or removing SSA/SSI with no remorse.

No doubt Social Security Administration employees employers plays a big part in homelessness, stressed, knowing that disabled, clients needs their SSA/SSI benefits, Medicare, have needs, medical bills, bills, and these Social Security Administration employees act as if it's a BANK or their money. Just like others I have developed all types of medical conditions because of Social Security Administration employees-employers because of their bias personal harassment for years.

To: Hon. Barbara Boxer Office - I’ll be asking for at least - $100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, because of Social Security Administration employees continue to tick off clients, mentally ill, or disabled persons and they come to their offices may their aggression out on us, and my heart may not be able to handle the stressful situations. I am terrified of obvious and or possibly mentally ill (suspect, identified as ** Xiong, 52, of Sacramento who was apparently upset over being denied a Social Security claim, said Sacramento police Lt. David **). I have experienced first hand that SSI employees are liars just like Trump and laugh in clients' faces and behind theirs backs about it, once they have security throw them out. The SSA employees thinks it's a joke...

I’ve gave my family members and friends copies of this complaint... This complaint is no way any type of threat, it is to educate the public. This is to inform the public and let everyone know that we’re being bullied by the Social Security Administration and certain employees, our senators, and congresspeople, but not limited to. The government is ignoring any and all our complaints and telephones calls dealing with the Social Security Administration employees et al. Beware - Money that we paid into the system is being given to foreigners whom didn’t pay a penny, but we’re being denied and being racially harassed by foreigners who work at the Social Security Offices (go figure).

Original review: April 26, 2018

I was allowed to received my disability after three years of homelessness, became disabled from taking chemo. The social security office refused to assist me during this time causing me to be unable to heal from this barbaric medical requirement. They refuse to give me my back pay. I have appealed and I have been refused that appeal. I have also asked for an accounting of the money that I had paid into the system for 40 years. Yet they have told me that I must account for how I would like to spend the money. I have explained repeatedly that I need a home, and they refuse.

I just spoke to a woman who is on the Fact Team, she told me that some people who were drug addicts used the money to get high and then they died. She then stated that "I just got tired of it so I helped this to stop". I told her that, taking away the rights of others is not the place of our government. I then asked her what her credit score was and she said "I have no idea, I don't understand credit". I explained to her I do understand credit. I explained to her that I have gone to the bank, and made arrangements to build my credit. I explained how that process worked. SS says I must pay for people to give me estimates to fix the RV that I live in. This process is a couple of hundred dollars, why would I do that, when I do not want to stay in my RV. I WANT A HOME and I have a right to that home.

I believe that I am being discriminated against and so are other people who are told by our government that because we are disabled we have NO CIVIL RIGHT OR CIVIL LIBERTIES. When SSA can fully account for what they are doing with our money then they have the right to question those that are disabled. SSA refuses to demonstrate to me and others how they use my and your money. (I cannot save money as long as I receive SSI. They watch my bank account.) I have to save money. I think we need to obtain a civil rights attorney and do a class action suit. THEY ARE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST THOSE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO BECOME PRODUCTIVE ADULTS AGAIN.

Original review: April 20, 2018

All I want to do is change my mom's address, because she had moved. Only English and Spanish are available when you call, so I asked to get a translator to authorize me as a representative for my mom. Got hung up immediately which ticked me off because I was on hold for 1 hour. I called them back, but this time opted to have to have a callback which was going to take 1.5 hour. I had over an hour to cool down and this 2nd agent put me on hold for 1 minute and then all of a sudden, I was taken to the survey portion of the call. I, of course, gave a very bad rating, but I very much doubt anyone will do anything about it. My mom still receives her benefits, so I guess when they need something from her, they can call.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I called in January 2018 to make appointment to file for widow benefits. My birthday was in March and I called well in advance but was told no appointment was available till March 5th. I was not happy hearing this as I had done what was expected to file on time. So received the call on March 5th to start the process. I asked the case worker when I would receive my direct deposit and she stated April 18th - I said, "Are you sure," she said yes.

So I was working at the time and stopped working having been told when I would receive my benefit. Well guess what - now I am not working and my damn application is still being processed - this case worker out and out lied to me - now I have no income and all my bills are piling up - why in the hell did she say, "Oh yes you’ll start receiving April 18th,"- what the heck am I to do??? I went to local SS office and explained my dilemma and was told the application is sitting on someone’s desk. What the hell. You would think I was taking money that I wasn’t eligible for. I am absolutely disgusted.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I called SSA on behalf of my daughter in law who is deaf because she wanted to stop receiving SSI. After waiting for almost an hour, a man named something like Frogiz answered. When I told him I was calling for my deaf daughter in law he said she would have to call on the TTY line. And tried to hang up on me, I said “do not hang up on me! I’ve been on hold for an hour”. He started yelling at me “Dude? Dude? I’m not a dude! I’m not your friend!” I said “you are being so rude to me!” And he mimicked me and said “you are being so rude to me”. I told him I was going to let my daughter in law give him permission to talk to me and when he talked to her, he said he didn’t believe it was really her and hung up on us! It was the most unprofessional call I have ever had.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I am disabled, received social security benefits and Medicare part A and B after years of fighting prove I am disabled (sadly as my medical issue was well documented and obvious). My husband was active duty military when I started working again, I had been working for a year before his retirement and was no longer receiving benefits. Not paying part B Medicare as Tricare was my insurance and was given no direction or advise to keep it. After he retired we realized I was not covered by Tricare because if I'm eligible for Medicare I must pay it or lose my insurance.

Spent months trying to sort this, nobody knows anything, waiting for calls back from Tricare and trying to call Medicare and social security has been a nightmare. I spoke with a rep at SS yesterday after an hour long hold, she was extremely rude, and her supervisor was useless. They said I should go the office. The website doesn't let me log in, says my username has two E's, but they say it's only one. Tried to change password and locked out. This is very deeply saddening to me, and gross that people having disability or retirement have to deal with this. TOTALLY GROSS AMERICA.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I was helping my Dad and we called the SS number for help getting online. The wait time was about an hour and 40 mins. We spoke with Antonio I think was his name. We told him my Dad doesn't know his security question answers and we had already requested the temporary password in the mail twice and never received it. Antonio said there is nothing we can do, he said he can only keep sending him letters and kept arguing that it's not possible to forget the answers because he had put them in.

I explained he must have done it a very long time ago and asked if there is any way he can ever go online. He said there is nothing he can do about that. I told him then he can request a third letter to see if we get it and he hung up right away. Their office is closed so I can't call them back again. So much for customer service, agents like this should be fired. This administration is a complete mess and no wonder why, they can’t hire competent people who are actually willing to help. What a shame and disgrace.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I have made several trips to our local Siskiyou co office for benefit information. I have been given the number of the County Welfare Dept where I must register... I did not know this was a prerequisite for receiving social security retirement money. Two months have gone by without pay. My social security is not a lot... My husband gets his which is around a thousand which is low compared to the rest of the world. My feeling is that they discriminate against us as we are old 66 and 68 with husband severely disabled from stroke. It's possible the Siskiyou County Social Service Dept is actually running or influencing affairs of the Siskiyou Social Security office. This may be how things are done... Possibly we have outstanding debt with the Siskiyou Human Services Dept.

We get great medical care outside of Siskiyou County with no cost to county. We do hospice work with our people for no pay and do not want a case opened with Siskiyou Social Services Dept. I realize I am not going to get any social security money so will get care for husband (68) and get a job instead of trying to retire. I am 66. Perhaps several years down the pike the Siskiyou Welfare Social Services will retire their crystallized social workers who want to see retirees abused by holding up their pay. I will go to the state capital to try to get this cleared up. Write your capital and Washington. Communicate with your representatives... We deserve our homes and a decent income... Disabled people are disposable and treated like garbage. This county is run by a bunch of bullies... Perhaps the old ones in the Welfare Dept should retire themselves instead of paying their bills with our social security retirement money?

Original review: March 27, 2018

My experience is very disheartening. I served this country and when I became deathly ill I couldn't get my underpayment from SSDI even though I became homeless. My only transportation broke down and I still haven't received my back pay. My case was high priority and still no payment. In dire need living in a hotel after double bypass where I died. Had to be revived. Was awarded disability in Jan 2018 and fell on hard times after I returned home. My lawyer was paid in February and I've received I check and I still haven't received my back pay. I'm so disappointed in this country government that I believed in so much I went in the military at 17 and now I get no respect after working since 15.

I'm a voter and a citizen of this country. Disabled veteran, now homeless, car broke down, finances in terrible state. With a high priority case to receive my back with no response from payment center and when I've showed up twice to the local office in the freezing cold to get help they keep changing what the follow up policy for checking a dire need high priority case. Total shame my body can't take the cold. I was in so much pain. SMH. After centuries of this system being a mess it still is but we pay billions in taxes and we can't fix a system for the working class. It's an absolute shame this country is so heartless to the sick people who served and built this country. One check couldn't pull me out of this situation and I've been out of work since 2014. When they claim they are helping Veterans not True. I haven't received one penny to help me from no agency.

So now I can't stay here because with my condition can't stay here. So on top of this now I can't go get another house cause I don't have the income to qualify. I've been on my own since 17. Had my own. Lived on my own. I made 60,000.00 and more. Now sick. No income for 1 year and have no income. Waiting for my decision from SSDI. Get it in Jan. No check till March 2018 and still haven't received 17 months of my back pay. Can someone help me out.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I just called today about a email I got on the weekend. After waiting 25 min I got a rep on the phone and told her after saying good morning to bear with me. I had eye surgery and was having trouble seeing. I explain my call and she looked up my information and when I told her I could not get into my online account she said I had to go to the office to get them to help me because she could not. I didn’t understand because it told me if I need help to call the 1-800-772-1213 number. She kept calling it something other than the ss office so I asked her again.

Once I understood that she was saying the ss office I was unset with myself because I forget my security question. Next thing I know she is talking about me to another co worker and she forgot to hang up the phone saying I got mad at her because I don't know what I am doing. I told her, “Before you start talking about someone you should make sure you hang up and I wasn’t mad at you.” And before I could say I was sorry for making her feel I was mad at her she kept talking and hang up when she saw I was still on the line. I tried to call back to complain only to get a Cris on the phone putting me on hold for a few min coming back saying his supervisor was not in and all he could do is take the phone number down and have them call me back in 24 hour then he started asking me what wrong.

I told him no disrespect to him but I needed to talk with a supervisor not him. I felt like he wanted to warn them that there was a complaint coming through and he wanted to know what it was about so he could go around and find out who took the call. No one should have to her them talking about them period and I feel that they don’t care and I do not believe that there was no one to take my call. I think they all cover for each other and that he knew there was someone for me to talk to but he wanted to find out first so they could get their story together.

Original review: March 26, 2018

The reason for this review is because I'm fed up with trying to get my information from the Social Security Admin. Online account... Of which I've had a long standing account with. Recently I lost login info so I requested a "forgot password" to reset my password. I spent a couple hours getting this info and logging on to my account. I was logged into my account and was resetting my password when I kept getting a message that they didn't recognize my information. Now mind you, I was already logged into my account and it wouldn't let me change my password. I have purchased online for over ten years as a buyer and I'm well versed in setting up accounts and resetting passwords. The SSA makes this process impossible and even more so to access my account info.

Original review: March 22, 2018

78 y's/o, and a Marine for 6 years, (1961-1967) I became homeless in 1999, which lasted until I was about 66 y/o! 7+ years! I always had SUB-Penny Stocks and despite one time where I sold for 400 dollars, (Purchase Cost not included,) I lost all the time one way or another! With all the losses, I never thought to disclose them... yes a mistake I guess, but I may have had a claim to certain Dollar reductions or added benefits?

SO, I had an audit in February of 2018 where A Mr. **, looked over whatever, and was just in the process of dismissing me when I asked him; "Mr. **, what about Sub-Penny Stocks?" I decided it was a good time to find out one way or another! Yes, I brought the subject up to him, not the other way around, which I always assumed that SSI knew about them? Well, the look of the devil came in his eyes, and I felt it was a mortal sin which terrified me!

Ok, a miracle occurred where one the one in a Million P-Stock began rising, making it (Gers) the only one doing any good, and after many reverse splits, started rising and reached about $6,000 of the $7,191.++ dollar number, excluding purchase costs of course! He immediately (February 22, 2018,) asked for the last month's statement, and that I had 10 days to provide it! So by the time I was to send it in, I decided to take into account February's final amount, which turned out to be $ 4,484.++ Dollars, and sent that in besides January's final amount! I got a letter stating that they (decided,) yes decided, that they would use the $7,191.++ amount which I felt wasn't the last amount, but the previous month's accounting! They want us to be fair, but is that fair? Maybe I guess?

I never even told him that I didn't have a car, or van, and that my intention was to buy one with the proceeds, (If I could sell-out,) which is almost impossible with the low volume accompanying P-Stock buying! They quickly suspended me and am now waiting for the final judgment as to how much I owe them, and under what terms!

I came to the conclusion that SSI helped me buy many of those Sub-Penny Stocks, which I came to realize was a great thing, but selling the stock where only maybe 5-12 people participate every day, does not indicate that stock being anywhere near the $7,000.++ worth! I might be able to sell-out when the price goes down to $3,000 or so, but NO guarantee there either? I want to do the right thing as I now fully realize their standards, but with the euphoria of that stock climbing, SSI was the last thing on my mind! But I sense power being utilized here, and I certainly am not the one with any power at all! Any suggestions? Please, this senior has nothing, and might never have anything? Thanks.

Original review: March 21, 2018

The SSA stopped my SSI payments because I have been unemployed. I have cerebral palsy in my right arm and leg since birth and they refuse to pay me because I made some money, but then I got laid off in November of 2017. It is now March of 2018. I have less than $1000 in my bank account and they refuse to pay me $750 a month. I was screamed at by a government agent who told me that I was lying about my money situation and that I was lying about being unemployed. I have told them on several occasions that I do not have a job and that I have a pre existing disability yet, they still deny me SSI.

I have bills, prescription meds and food that I have to pay for with $0 income. How in the world do they expect me to live? I cannot get a job because nobody is hiring! They have even made me cry on the phone while screaming at me! What a joke! I am going to have to write another appeal letter and I will keep fighting them, but this is absolutely ridiculous!

Original review: March 15, 2018

I just waited an 1 1/2 hours for Social Security to answer my questions. They picked up and bam they hung up!!! Called back only to hear I have to wait another 1 1/2 hours. Blood pressure is soaring right now!! This is what our tax dollars pay for? So furious and sick and tired of these agents who could care less and they don't get fired!!!

Original review: March 13, 2018

Yesterday I spoke to a social security claims rep. I asked him why, within the last 5 years or so, reexaminations for SSI continued eligibility have been conducted every year whereas during the 80, 90's etc they were imposed every 10 years at the most. He intimated that it suddenly dawned on the SSA that their methods of monitoring were insufficient during that period. Evidently the general idea is that they are now overcompensating for their incompetence by imposing the threat of being disqualified on people who are at an age where they are even less capable than they were during the SSA's alleged period of incompetence.

Since a phone number and permanent address are required for the qualification interviews, there is the added burden of maintaining contact systems within debilitated circumstances or lost benefits. It seems that beyond a certain age, the SSA as a necessary evil would have the decency to just leave recipients alone to grow old in peace and comfort.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

This administration needs an entire overhaul. They sit behind a desk & don't give a damn about anything you say or are going through. Then they apologize & state, "I will send out an "urgent" request for your missed payment to be direct deposited within a day." Here it is (10) days later & four phone calls just to be told at local Glen Burnie MD office, "we have (30) days to reply!!!" REALLY. DOES THE WORD URGENT MEAN NOTHING!!! They made the damn mistake, not me. I have worked all my life, no handouts & I have to wait 30 days because they made a mistake, oversight, whatever??? I'm telling you something has to be done & they wonder why people are losing it. If I was here illegally I would not have a problem would I? Now I sit with no money to pay bills, no gas, & no meds for high blood pressure!!! This world & this Administration should be eliminated, someone in office NEEDS TO go through this before anything will change.

Updated on 03/02/2018: Well it's me, I'm back, took a missed day of work with the last bit of gas I have! Went to my local office asking them why they didn't reply to the "URGENT" message the SS ADMINISTRATION guy told me he was sending? Lady stated we received the message but there is nothing we can do! What so he lied (5) days ago???

She said, "I see here where you did speak to a woman as stated on the 22nd of February and you went over your pay & I also see where there has been payments taken out for overpayment", I said, "Then why did I not receive a payment in February??" She said, "Oh they will pay you for February & March but, the system has to catch up so you won't get a scheduled payment until April." I said, "APRIL!!! I was told by that man that it was clearly marked a hardship & I should have a deposit within days." Really??? So the SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION IS A JOKE, & THEY ARE PUBLIC SERVANTS WHO DEPEND ON A "COMPUTER SYSTEM"??? I now have nothing, nothing till April. Gee maybe my high blood pressure will kill me before then & the state will save money!!! What a heck of a way to treat anyone, who has worked all their lives!!!

Social Security Administration Company Information

www.ssa.gov

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business