2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.57/5

Social Security Administration Reviews

Original review: April 11, 2020

Mrs ** went out her way to help my disability get reinstated. She cared enough about my family to reach out to her supervisor to help me fast track my case. I hadn't had a check since last year and was generous and kind enough to help me. Thank you again Mrs **. I appreciate everything.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Visited SSA Reno, NV office in November 2019, then phone conversations in December 2019, January- March 7th 2020. Thanks to Jessica for the great customer service she provided, She is very patiently, kindly, professional and knowledgeable.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I just visited the Quincy Massachusetts office and was very surprised at how smoothly everything went. I was helped by a woman named Zenaida (I didn't think a last name was necessary) who was very knowledgeable. Since I came during lunchtime and she was the only one working I had a chance to watch others interact with her. While I couldn't hear what was happening I could tell from their demeanor while leaving that they were also satisfied customers. I have also worked in customer service and know for a fact that the phrase "The customer is always right" is a fallacy. It is good to know that my tax dollars are going to someone like Zenaida and hope the other customer service professionals I come into contact with at Social Security rise to her level.

Original review: July 31, 2019

Thanks Bonita ** for the great customer service (SSA office Mesa, AZ). She patiently and kindly provided me with the answers to all my questions. She is very professional and knowledgeable. Thanks again for the great customer service I received on the 30 st of July 2019.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I had a phone interview with Kelly for my disabled son's survivor's benefits because he just lost his Dad. She was very kind and caring and I couldn't have asked for a better interview. She along with Mrs. ** need to teach a customer service class for the SSA. I am not saying they are all bad, but I had one today who needs to get a better occupation - that review is next. Again, thank God for the ones who are amazing and Kelly is just that - AMAZING!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Social Security Administration?

Original review: April 30, 2020

I filed for disability, it took me 8 years. I had HS. Hidradenitis Suppurativa. 4 prostrate surgeries. The HS disease is compared to Lupus. I worked hard every day as a welder fabricator for 23 yrs. I supported my family very well. We lost everything, home, cars. No clothes for our children. It was so bad, I tried to go steal my kids some school clothes. I was caught. I never stole in my life. After 8 years of getting denied. For made up reasons. I received SSI, $780 a month. I was making $1200 a week working..

I tried to go back to a job at least 8 times, I couldnt. My HS disease, and prostrate plus a bad back. Stopped me from working every time. I pray to God someone sees what ssi is doing. I want my disability, I earned it. They made time run out on me. They done my family and I very wrong. I wish every night and everyday. They couldnt do this to folks. It has really hurt us. Now my wife has Copd, has had open heart surgery. She has been denied 3 times. She's on oxygen. It makes me furious. They do whatever they want. The rich hurting the sick and the poor. **. Thank You!

Original review: April 24, 2020

The Millennial-sounding man who answered my phone call was rude, sarcastic and totally useless when I asked a question regarding how to have my Earnings Record corrected. I wish I could give 0 stars for this review.

Original review: April 21, 2020

My spouse comes from a damage past. She wanted me to help her share her anger. She is also intersex and extremely unchecked mentally. She has been baked acted few times, shot herself and even put many people in the hospital. She has been to many doctors for treatment throughout her life. She has been turn down 4 times for disability. She sees things and hears the craziness things I believe from life experiences. But she isn't all there and seems to have a hard time understanding how things work.

Now here is the other part. She has a broke back. 4 herniated discs in back and 2 in neck. She was in a car crash. Disability said in the hearing let's pretend her back isn't broke and her mental state is able to process normal information (whatever that meant). Then she can work the ALJ said. I'm truthfully at my end with this. It's hard to help her and we are lost. The government is not here for the people. So whoever reads this just know you're not alone. This is the world we live in. People do not care for each other. You have to forget the government and take life in your own hands.

Original review: March 24, 2020

I am blown away by the Social Security process. Stage 4 cancer that spread in lymphatic system, liver and bones. I am on my 3rd appeal and my attorney said this one takes over a year! People die while awaiting approval. I have no income now to pay bills and have to rely on friends and family to get me by.... and even feed me. How can this be? The little bit of time I have left in this world, fighting for benefits when I contributed in the system for over 30 years? Yes, screen out those abusing the system, but don't punish those with true illnesses. This is not a time in my life that I should have to stress over finances. SHAME on our government for allowing this important agency to fall behind the curve of what it was meant for, and SHAME on the citizens of our country who abuse it.

Original review: March 13, 2020

When my husband passed October 4th 2019 I applied for widow's pension and was denied. I already was receiving SSI for being disabled before we got married. Just wondering how disabled I have to be. It's just not fair. I'm now more stressed out than before. Bills piling up and relatives and others are getting tired of helping me with bills. My husband worked and paid into Social Security and I know am eligible and I just don't understand why they denied me and my illness is getting worse. Don't care to discuss all my illnesses. It would take up too much time and also haven't received the 255.00 dollars that social security suppose to give after someone passes. I have appealed it and hopefully I'll be approved. He had no kids for it to go to and it's just ridiculous.

Social Security Administration Company Information