Social Security Administration

Compare Miscellaneous Companies

Research top Miscellaneous Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My husband was receiving both workmans comp and social security. They told us when his workmans comp was closed then social security would pick up those payments so he would receive his FULL benefit amount. His claim closed seven months ago and for seven months I have been calling social security and for seven months they have continually lied to us telling us his benefits were being processed. I spoke with 15 different people in these last 7 months an all 15 have told us the same thing that his offset for workmans comp was being processed and even these past 7 months would be paid back so not to worry. Today I find out it was all a total lie. They're not picking up the offset from workmans comp. And he is not getting his full benefit. There has got to be a way to fight these thieves that are stealing OUR money that WE earned before becoming disabled. Enough being ripped off by our own government thieves!!

My wife passed away on July 29. I am trying to report that to Social Security. When I called the 800 number a recording told me that I have 1 hour and 15 minutes to wait. I complained to a friend about that and he told me that I can save time by making an appointment at the local Social Security office. However, I learned that in order to make an appointment I have to call the same 800 number and wait 1 1/4 hours.

My daughter may not qualify for SSI based on her diagnosis of Turner Syndrome. But she has received SSI her entire childhood due the bulk load of health issues that goes along with it. Yes. She is very intelligent and is in nursing school. Her benefits are helping her to better herself and not depend on the government benefits. I can't believe I am still having to fight these ignorant people for her SSI. She has heart issues. Swelled feet with fluid bubbling from the top of the foot. Hearing impaired both ears. All of her joints pop out with limited or no activity, chronic ear disease. And doesn't drive. What in God's name. She will keep her benefits if I have to fight these sobs to the end of time.

My God. Where to begin. I just want to warn everyone I can. Do not even try to collect disability payments. The SSA will not give them to you. I had an attorney. I waited three years for my hearing. I was approved by a bench decision. SSI sent me a letter I would be granted $26k. Four years in my attorney tells me the award letter was a mistake. A mistake. The payments SSA did give me for three months they want back. Four years in they have lost my records five times, claimed I never sent in paperwork, said I lied about my income, screamed at me on the phone. Do you know that even if you are homeless SSDI considers living in a shelter as receiving income? I am unable to work. People? Do not even try to collect benefits. You will not get them. I wish someone would have told me this in the beginning so I am telling you now. Listen to me. Do not go down the disability road. You will lose.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Called Greenville County, SC Social Security Office to ask about getting help filling out following form Disability Report-Appeal SSA-3441-BK. It says on the instruction sheet that if you need help to get a friend or family member & if you still need help you can make an appointment & they will help you complete what you can't. Apparently this is wrong. She apologized & told me that instruction sheet is outdated. You can't make an appointment but you can fill out as much as you can & they will help you with the rest. She was very very nice. She told me since I could go to Anderson or any other Social Security office I wanted to as long as it was in the US. Lol. So I said I would probably go to Anderson due to less waiting. HUGE mistake.

Alicia of Piedmont, SC on

Original Review

I called the Anderson County, SC Social Security Office after calling the Greenville County, SC Social Security Office (who were very nice btw & I have already written a review for them). I thought I had to go to Greenville County because my attorney told me for one form I did. On this form though Greenville County told me I could go to any office. The form in question is Disability Report-Appeal SSA-3441-BK. The instruction sheet says to complete as much of the form as you can & the parts you can't fill out they will help you when you make an appointment.

Anderson County, SC has less wait time so I called them to make an appointment like the paper said & the girl that answered didn't give a name (I had to call back & get it). She was extremely rude. I tried to tell her what I needed but she kept cutting me off. I finally told her that I was filling out this form & there looked like there would be some things I might need help with. First she told me they don't make appointments for that. Then she said they can't help at all. She said "Don't expect to come in here with a blank form & expect us to fill it out for you." She had totally ignored what I said in the beginning. I told her I just had some general questions about things like dates & things.

She was very condescending saying "What's so hard about it?" Well first of all I'm filling out a NEW SSI application & I'm filling out this at the same time. She was just very rude all the way around & didn't listen to me at all. Finally she practically shouted "General questions only. We can't help you fill out the file because we're the Social Security." Besides her being rude, not giving her name, & telling me they wouldn't help she wouldn't listen to me about the instructions & treated me like I was a total idiot. I thought it was required that anyone working for Social Security Offices had to give their name & ID # or whatever it's called. Do they not have to do that anymore?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Social Security Administration?

Today I got the pleasure of a telephonic customer assistance from the Medicare and Social Security Administration. Rating of 0-10 with 10 being great. Medicare - 8 Helpful and honest in their answers. Detailed in their answers and extremely informative. Just needs to slow down, we are no longer spring chickens. Social Security Administration - 1 and that is being kind. Tone of voice was irritating, (had to hate their job - but us tax payers are paying it). Couldn't get a word in edgewise, and when you tried, "Stop interrupting me Sir" was the response, with emphasis on the Sir and the blame on her customer. Not sure they see us a customers or a nescience.

Patience is a virtue, but the Social Security Administration’s representative was unfriendly, not helpful and extremely rude. I had to catch myself to not lose my temper at one point, for worry of reprisals, for they got your number and your info. Perhaps would be better to contract it out, even if it cost more, for then contractors would be rated for customer service, instead of brow beating the customers, who are elderly and needs more patience. Just my thoughts.

My husband was on disability from 1996 to 1999 and went off, went back to work and then reapplied in 2009. In 2007 we got a letter that he had gotten over payments but we were filing bankruptcy so that was included and we did not have to pay that money back. So it was agreed in 2010 that he would be able to go back on social security disability and in May 2010 he started to receive benefits. He then got a lump sum for back payments in November 2010.

Well he passed away 6-16-17. I applied for the one time death benefit of $255.00 and was told I could not receive it due to an overpayment of $8700 to one of his children in 2007. Not once did we get a letter. Even when he reapplied for disability they had the opportunity to mention this, not give him the lump sum, keep his SSID checks until paid or file to not have to pay due to financial hardship. The child's mother who lives in California was receiving these obvious over payments but they wait until he dies when he cannot defend himself or state that he was never told to deny me his wife of almost 20 years a measly $255.00 because of their incompetence!!

I am struggling financially without him and am having to grieve the loss of my husband, best friend and soulmate who was only 56 when he died. Going down to the local social security office they are rude and treat you like you have some kind of disease or are trying to steal from the Social Security because $255.00 is such a large amount. I am disgusted that they would do that to me and wait 10 years to bring it up after he is dead and cannot even make arrangements. Had they said something years before he could have paid it or tried to not pay it due to financial hardship.

Why doesn't the mother of the children have to pay it back. She took the money. We did not and they were stupid enough to send it to her. They could attach her income tax returns if they wanted to. But no they have no empathy or compassion for the widow. They are a bunch of jerks and I hope I die before I have to collect my benefits as they are a miserable bunch of people to deal with in person and on the phone.

When I got the letter about an overpayment they would not tell me over the phone after being on hold for an hour and a half. I had to go to the local office who told me the amount but since I was not the mother that was getting the money (the payee) they could not tell me anymore even though I am his widow. Basically they said, "Oh well" and pushed the paperwork I handed to them back at me not EVEN looking at it.

Again disgusting people and no wonder our government is in such a shamble. Shame on you Social Security. You take money out of my check every pay check but you refuse to give a widow a small death benefit that would help with funeral cost as he has no life insurance or no assets. I would use profanity but I am better than they are. Again you disgust me.

I have a long-running problem with SSA (not germane here) and only due to inquiries from my US Senator was a conference scheduled for today. In spite of leaving work 90 minutes before the meeting I was delayed in traffic and realized that I wouldn't make it. I called the contact number on the form for the meeting: an automated system that requires either a name or an extension to complete the call, neither of which are on the form. There was a callback while I was driving home and a message with an 800 number.

I first dialed the callback number -- it's not in service; in other words they call out but you can't call them. So then I called the 800 number, went through the menu for information on the local office, and it tells me that there is no direct phone number for it. There are so many words and phrases to describe this but I'll settle for ought-to-be-criminal, given that they're sitting on my money and purposely preventing access. If I could I'd fire every one of them, top to bottom, because they all know how dysfunctional their system is and none of them care. ** them all.

My husband and I went to get new SS cards and the fellas in booths 12 and 13 were exceptionally helpful, quick, and very friendly! We were in and out in one half hour! Thank you for the good experience with these men!

Went to Social Security (1010 Park Ave Baltimore MD 21201) today with a friend and the woman I believe her name was Ms.** we got was so condescending and talked down to us like we were stupid. I asked the same questions a few times and she won't answer me. She keep saying... "I don't skip steps, that's how we do things and we'll be sitting here all day and let's get this done first." I asked one more time And I used the word "Talk". She said I don't need to to talk to her. I need her to respond to me and I said, "Talk, respond. It's the same thing," I just said. Then she had the security escort me to the waiting room. I've never been treated like that before! I talked to the supervisor and he said, "I heard her say she needed to talk to Ms.** and you keep interrupting her." I told him that was a lie and I got his name and I told him I'm reporting them for treating me like **.

Never expecting to be belittled, put down, and yelled at while during my interview with Ms.**. I had to ask for the supervisor, was told "Good luck" and "We'll even see if you'll be seen today." Unbelievable. I was called from the supervisor within 5 minutes. I was told would go back in after being forced out from my interview. I asked for a support system to be allowed to return with me. I was given permission to be allowed to do so. When arriving back again we were asked to start interview over again and interviewer asked to only ask questions applying to myself and support only there for myself. Which was not followed. After 45 days later to find out no paperwork done or followed and interviewer on stress relieve now. Oh boy very much surprised after waiting since April 2013 of filing for SSI and receiving full award from judge on February 2017 and award letter received March 2017.

When going back in after April of first perc meeting to return in June to hear from Ms. ** remembering hearing the day of my horrible interview and being yelled at and where I had been sitting. I was wondering why they can't be a little bit more kind, considerate, and caring. My entire leg had been crushed, broke main arm, with 180 degree of my foot severed, 5 operations and a major one to come. Then to be asked "How do I remember from so far back" and would not the average if they had gone thru this themselves. Like I replied "I was and had left Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour and restaurant after work and was on my way home when being hit by a hit and run diesel truck and hitting 2 walls on the 57 Freeway and taken to UCI Hospital as a blood loss and trauma patient." Please try to be patient and kind yourselves despite all matters and ask for a supervisor if needed. Eventually I guess this will all pass in time. Thank you!

This organization is the most inefficient office that I have EVER had the displeasure of dealing with. I am Representative Payee for my disabled brother, and I have been threatened REPEATEDLY with cutting off his benefits because THEY changed some procedure for reporting and didn't bother to tell me about it! Instead of sending me a letter requesting what they need, like most civilized people, I get THREATS to cut off his benefits! Then I call to find out what the problem is! After wasting an hour on hold (yes, I used the callback service, but I'm still tied to my phone waiting for them to call back), they can't give me any answers. They tell me I have to go to the office. I try to call the number given to schedule an appointment.

It's an automated maze system that tries to sell me all this garbage I don't want and I never get to actually schedule an appointment after 15 minutes of pushing this button and that one to try to get to where I can actually schedule and appointment. So now, I have to go and sit there at the office and wait, because I have nothing better to do (like spending time with my disabled brother). My sympathy goes to anyone who does not have someone to advocate for them. What they do is nothing short of harassment! They take advantage of the weak and vulnerable by jerking them around in a system that I don't think THEY even understand! My next step is to take legal action and file a discrimination law suit! I am tired of being treated this way and tired of my poor disabled brother being threatened by these people. This must be stopped! It is inhumane to take advantage of the weak and vulnerable, and that's all this system is!

Nearly 90 days and NO check. I was trying to have my survivor benefit replaced by my own retiree benefit. In the interview I asked no less than twice, this will be 200.00 a month more right? The woman assured me each time it would indeed be 200.00 a month more. Then I got a deposit for 40.00?? That was how much more I was to get. SO I immediately called and went into my local office to stop the new benefit and keep on with the old amount and wait until it would be substantially more (18 months). I gave back the 40.00 on the spot. I was told on May 3rd, that it would be just 45 days, and now it has been nearly 90 days and NO payment. I call the 800 number and I am informed it would be another 90 days, the 800 number "we can't really do anything for anyone, we're just the 800 number." WHAT? Why in the world are we paying these clowns, bad information and they can't do anything!!!

At the end of this month I will lose my home of 20+ years to foreclosure as I have not had the funds to pay my mortgage payment. This is a shame as in four years it would have been paid for. My credit rating has gone from a very healthy 729 to a very poor 590, all because of these clowns. A worthless bunch of government employees.

I was calling into social security today to make a payment. When the rep picked up he did not provide his name so I made sure to ask. The reason for this is I have received horrible customer service from the phone bank every time I call so I was advised by a "supervisor" that because they have so many call centers that I should always get the name call center and the site they work. So I asked for the rep's name he said Ben. I asked what location he was in he was hesitant then said he was in California. I then asked him what was his ID number. He said they did not have those so I asked for his last name. He said, "I don't think you need that." I said, "Well yes I do In case I have to refer back to this call." I then said, "Sir are you refusing to give me that information." He disconnected the call on me.

When I tell you these people are the worst wow. I mean I get they probably deal with some really ignorant people but someone just wanting to get your information to make sure you do your job appropriately. If you don't have to call these people don't. I don't know who trains these people but they are not being watched at all and there is no expectations of their workers.

Consumer Increased Rating!

SSDI contacted us three months ago to say my husband received $2600.00 in overpayment. They specifically said it was for November 2016 and December 2016. I checked our bank account information where we have SSDI deposited and he received nothing in December (which would have been November's overpayment since SSDI is paid a month in arrears), and nothing in January. Their own ssa.gov site shows the same payment history. I disputed the issue by fax with our local SSA office, have acknowledgement they revived my multiple faxes. I sent the ssa.gov site payment information, bank statements with all SSDI payments, etc. Proof we didn't get those payments. Well the SSA assigned some woman named Michelle to handle the overpayment dispute.

Three weeks ago she called me and left a voice mail saying something about "overpayment dispute" paperwork. I already faxed the form the ssa.gov site tells you to fill out and they did get it, I called her back and left three voice mails. As of Thursday, 3 days ago, I was told only she can resolve the dispute and she's been on vacation for almost two weeks. Maybe she'd be back next week by Wednesday. No joke, this is what 2 separate agents told me. So, my spouse should get SSDI on June 3 but the website says (ssa.gov) he no longer gets SSDI but gets Medicare, and the SSDI payment will be applied to the overpayment, it says "the full SSDI payment of $1,***.00 / month is being withheld from your benefit payment."

So I of course faxed this and the info I sent two months ago including the overpayment dispute form from ssa.gov on Friday. The agents keep saying, "only the July 3 payment will be affected", anyone else ever have this happen? Their site shows no payments for months, accused of getting overpayment and our bank statements reflect the same damn thing. Now they're taking my husband's full SSDI benefit and only one moron at the local office can help this issue be resolved? I'm furious. Bank statements on their end and my bank statements don't lie, show the same deposits.

Some glitch in Social Security's system is causing my mom not to be able to claim her Medicare benefits. Social Security does not agree there is a glitch. Medicare cannot contact them without mom in conference. I have spent hours over hours but none of them are willing to fix the issue. They deduct from our paychecks every month only to cause us such pain in old age and are most rude and not willing to help.

"Ms. **" refused to speak to me, the beneficiary's spouse, at the SSA interview when my husband applied for his SSA benefits. She discouraged him from applying for and asked why he wanted to receive his benefits. Ms. ** did not explain most of the issues she discussed, providing incomplete and inaccurate information to us. She was rude, dismissive, disrespectful and unprofessional to exclude the spouse of the beneficiary. She has most likely put us on a path that will be neither constructive or helpful to us in any way. I would be horrified to have such an employee representing me. Ms. ** in the SSA Glendora, California office is a dismal, awful and terrible employee!!!

I don't know where to start, but I'll say for years I've dealt with the inaccuracy of the Social Security Administration! They have LOST a total packet that I took to the office and placed in their designated mailbox. They have switched payroll people and created pay for my son that was my husband's pay, my son has never worked. I just recently received a letter stating that they received 3 pay stubs of income from last year when I gave them, AGAIN, (as requested because they lost the other ones from last year), about 7 months worth of income!

Oh and the reason they needed the 7 months is because they forgot to include the cafeteria plan which with that and creating a job my son NEVER HAD. Btw the job they created was my husband's which made the paystubs EXACTLY ALIKE for my husband and my son. Again my son has NEVER worked. Anyway with that mess allowed them to create an OVERPAYMENT that they don't seem to understand how to fix!!! Why are they NOT HELD ACCOUNTABLE!!!

They get over people that have a disability because of race, religion and other. I been fighting them since 2009 and it hurts to depend on my family for help when I use to do it all by myself, they say I can do the work that I use to but they don't understand. When you walk with a cane or a walker the people is not going to hire you or you can't stand a long period of time or just having spasm. Who in the right mind is going to hire a people that has all those problems. Please judge. Look what's happen to the inside of our bodies and not the outside when everything looks so clear.

Okay. I have been reading a lot of the reviews on this site and all I have to say is “Oh my God. It’s not just in my city then.” So here is my story. My son is autistic and he was receiving SSI but for the last few months he haven't received any payment all because recently his grandfather his daddy father became employed with Social Security. I have never had any problems with his benefits until now, reported everything I needed to report. Everything ran smoothly.

Okay. My son's father doesn't want to pay his child support so he conjured up a world of lies to get us into court to try and get his child support reduce to zero because he claims to not have any income at the present time, so his father who is clearly sitting right next to his 35 year old son in court each time we have a court date, the same father who is employed with the Social Security office where we now lives is using illegal tactics like information from my files to try and benefit his son’s case.

I became aware of this when I received a appointment to come into the SS office at the same time and on the same date I was scheduled to be in court with his son when there was no reason for me to come into the office in the first place and daddy was very aware of the court date, secondly I had the case moved to the next city over, where he is presently a preacher at a church (yeah I said preacher) in this same city. Okay. When I talk to the new caseworker in this town she is already aware of why I am choosing to transfer the case only I didn't get to hear what she was told beforehand, so if not him directly then one of his coworkers is doing him the honors.

I get a letter almost every week asking for my income info from my job and every time I turn it in and each time I get a letter back stating she never received the documents, but get this all of the letters are coming from the same office I had the case transferred from which is the Selma Ala office, then I go into the office where I live now to inquire about it and they tell me, “no it’s from our office.” Are you freaking kidding me? And clearly the Selma office address is listed on the letter, so recently I got a letter from this same office (Selma office) stating my son's benefits will go to 0.00 because my income is too high yet you haven't received my information! Income that I have never made in my life, it's not my income nor is it any income that I reported on any documents.

It's also been put into the system that his son is paying $300.00 month to me when I don't receive a penny from him, but my caseworker states this is what's showing up in the system and at this point I am like “this is just crazy.” I just can't believe this man is getting away with all this destruction and nobody seems care. Someone has changed everything around in the system put information in my files that I have no clue as to what they are talking about and upon all of that I have filed an appeal three times already and nothing. Not a word. I have filed complaint after complaint even contacted the Attorney General and nothing. I have gone into the office several times so I can have a face to face interview with the caseworker and each time the person at the front desk tell me she's not in, I have called left messages. No return calls.

This entire ordeal have physically and mentally drained me. And I know when you read this you probably don't believe anyone can be this evil but this is the God loving truth. This is what I am dealing with. My son didn't ask to be in this condition and if I didn't need the help I wouldn't be going through this, but it is just sad that a person like this man can be hired to work in a federal establishment and be able to have access and the ability to do whatever they want with people files in order to gain over some personal vendetta against a citizens. I mean it’s just cruel and pure evil most importantly illegal. So if anyone can tell me where to go from here I would love some input.

Mrs ** (as what she said) made my heart broken. I asked her if there is non-working SSN number, she said "no, we don't have it." BUT my boyfriend called and they said THEY HAVE! I don't know why she is a liar, **, it's her name, as what she said. And just I said "but we just called and they said they have NON-WORKING SSN number which I can apply. Mrs ** spoke to me so badly, I feel so sad, I don't know why she is like this. She is so horrible. I wonder why the government hire this type of person to work??? Why?? She is such a horrible person, I am sorry to say that she should be asked if she still can manage her job. so horrible experience when I talked with her. And I don't know if she is a liar about her name, she said her name is **.

I've called the SSA 3 times regarding when I will receive my back pay and to confirm they received my documents requesting to cancel Medicare and part D. First of all, it takes far too long to simply cancel a service. If you owed them money, it would take half a minute for them to collect. However, if you're requesting to stop them from taking your money, it takes up to 3 months. Funny how that works. Second, each rep I talked to was argumentative, rude, and just plain nasty. I'm reading from my documents from SSA and they still argue I'm wrong. They have no idea what they're talking about, and then argue and tell you you're wrong. These people need to find a job that doesn't involve working with anything that has a pulse. They are awful people who are angry, don't listen, and have no interest in truly helping you. And I get to wait over an hour just to be treated like dirt.

I received a fully favorable decision on my disability claim from the ALJ on May 5th, 2015. Fighting case since 2010 with onset date of 2009. Two weeks prior to this hearing, I had met with a new advocate to discuss the upcoming hearing and also to educate her on my condition, Chronic Lyme disease. My previous advocate retired before my hearing was to take place. I told the new advocate about what Lyme disease has done to me and that since being infected in 2002, all my IRAS, CDS, and savings accounts have gone into treatments.

Dealing with brain fog due to Lyme disease is an ongoing issue. My illness causes mental confusion, cognitive problems, memory issues, retention problems, nerve pain, loss of smell and taste, etc. I had been previously been diagnosed with degenerative brain disease. Long term treatment of Lyme disease is not covered by most insurance companies so patients pay out-of-pocket for their treatment programs. After explaining how Lyme disease had affected me, I felt pretty good about our meeting.

On the morning of the hearing, I told this new advocate that I had new problems with my thyroid, and was dealing with a DEVASTATING financial situation. The advocate went into a room to speak to the ALJ. She came out to get me and I remember telling the judge how I was feeling. The advocate did not say much of anything unlike my previous advocate. New advocate whisked me out into the hallway and asks me if I would take a "one time payout... you know like you got in Virginia?" These were the advocate's words. I was infected in Virginia back in 2002 but not diagnosed until 2003. I had to quit my job of 9 years to go through a long term antibiotic treatment program. I received two years closed period disability.

Anyway... this proposal took me by surprise. Mentally I was already fuzzy due to stress, brain fog, as well as low thyroid problems. A NEW financial issue was causing major stress! I was never told that the judge might do a "let’s make a deal" offer. I asked the advocate if I would be on disability? She said no. Advocate states that the judge would give me a more favorable decision if I would not go back any further than 2013. I asked her when did we file and are the kids supposed to get anything? This is something I knew but at this time I did not know or could not remember. Advocate fumbled through papers and I think she mumbled "09" but seemed to be unable or unwilling to answer questions about my kids receiving anything.

We went back into the room with the judge and I agreed to 2013 and then I DISAGREED. At this point, the Judge says to the advocate that she might want to take me outside to discuss again. We went back out into a hallway and then she motions to some papers and says: "Remember things change after you turn 50. Things are going to change because you are over 50." I asked her repeatedly what does this mean? No legible answer. She kept saying: "things were going to change." I went back into the room and agreed to 2013 but by this time I was really stressed. The ALJ asked me if I was depressed? I told him of course I was. Then he asked me about my thinking and I told him: "I felt like I was trying to think through mud." Everything he said after that felt very insincere. He motioned to advocate and stated: "another fine job Ms. **... case closed."

This advocate should have Sat me down and talked to me about what I was going to be giving up in back pay... treatment money, the kid's money, etc. I could not even remember that my disease was a "pay-out-of-my-pocket" disease. I had some money in the bank but did not fully register... I needed clarity. For me, that back pay was life saving money for another treatment program if I have yet another severe relapse. Stress, brain fog, confusion, worry about finances and thyroid issues were not helping me think clearly that morning. I did not expect to have my disabilities and state of mind used against me. This advocate was not on my side and I am convinced that the ALJ knew that I was in a vulnerable position. That hearing has played out over and over again in my mind.

The morning after the hearing, I woke up thinking I dreamed the whole thing. I tried repeatedly to contact the advocate and she was not available. I asked to meet with the head of the law firm she works for but he did not want to meet with me. A call back was offered and then the advocate called me instead. I told the advocate exactly what I thought happened. I let her know that I remembered asking her important questions that either got no answer, a vague answer, or a very slow response. Her response? "You are NOT EVEN disabled... you work a job!! Besides... some advocates may make deals or have relationships with disability judges? But I don't. Oh and don't forget... it was YOUR decision. If you don't like it, you can appeal but I won't appeal it for you." I started to say how much I have suffered from all this and she began to mock me.

Maybe it is normal for a judge to want to work out a different date other than the onset date... but this is not how things played out. The ALJ knew I was confused... the advocate knew I was confused. There have been times early on where medical staff and friends strongly urged me to apply for disability but I did not. I am a fighter. My problems from degenerative brain disease, loss of smell and taste, nerve pain, and other ongoing issues with Lyme disease made me change my mind.

I have worked hard all my life so why trick me out of my back pay? I am not your normal disability case due to the fact that Chronic Lyme disease is much like HIV back in the 1980's. IT IS ONGOING AND THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE ARE PRETTY MUCH UNEDUCATED ABOUT LYME DISEASE. Since being infected in 2002, all my IRAS, CDS, and savings accounts have gone into treatments. Long term treatment is usually not covered by most insurance companies so patients pay out-of-pocket. While Medicaid will greatly help with the cost of medications... I will more than likely have to pay for the actual treatment program.

I have yet to find an attorney that will help me with this case. Sometimes the mental confusion can make dealing with dates and paperwork a real struggle. That is why I turned to an advocate in the first place. I lose track of things at times. I have had three attorneys outside the area reach out to me. One of those advised me that this firm had taken took too much out for pay. These attorneys said they could not fight for me due to travel costs eating up my back pay. I have reached out to Senators, Governors, etc. and looks like at this point everything just went back to the Social Security Administration.

Social Security has scheduled a hearing date for me but they are requesting all current medical information. None of the letters I have received from the SSA are addressing my complaint. I had faxed a letter to ODAR and I am pretty sure have mailed letters to them as well. I sent over all pertinent medical information via fax to Senators, Governors, etc. Being told that after months and months of being strung along that officials cannot help me with what SSA decides. Why did they want my medical information if the officials can't help me with this?? Letters from disability are more like "We understand you are not happy with being approved?" WHO WOULD NOT BE HAPPY WITH BEING APPROVED?

I currently do not have a Lyme disease specialist but I do still take antibiotics. This disease is chronic and I don't think my body can hold up to a third 8 month round of IV antibiotics. I still have oral antibiotics but take them on a pulse / as needed basis. Two weeks without antibiotics and I am unable to function. Antibiotics is not a cure but will at least hold the disease at bay! There are no Lyme disease specialists in South Carolina so I may have to venture to Florida. Keep in mind I have been traveling to see doctors since 2004. I moved from Virginia to South Carolina to be close to my Lyme doctor. He has since relocated his practice to Washington, DC. This doctor saved my life twice but he is very expensive and is now a plane trip / hotel stay away.

I feel like as of the middle of 2015 I have just gone around and around in circles trying to get help. I have lost track of all the emails, phone calls, people I have spoken to since 2015. I strongly feel like my upcoming court date is just going to be a way to take my disability away from me. Seems like there is no place to report an advocate when I was trying to back in 2015. Attorneys told me me they could not represent me because I won? How convenient... My thinking is often blurred and trying to keep everything straight at times is a challenge. Lyme disease is becoming an ENORMOUS epidemic. There is no one treatment for everybody and many of us suffer from co-infections as well. It is a disease affects people physically, emotionally, mentally and FINANCIALLY.

My husband and I walked in the Social Security Office today in McKeesport, PA to ask for some help. The lady we spoke with was very rude and gave us attitude. She kept interrupting us and would not let us speak. It was clear from the moment she Sat down that she was not going to help us. People there have no compassion for the terminally ill. The workers there always act like they are jealous that people are at home collecting money and they have to work. Well, my husband has stage 4 pancreatic cancer and when we left there he was stressed and feeling ill. Those people need training in good customer service. I don't think they act that way at job interviews to work there unless that is a requirement to hire rude people.

Hello all. I am coming here to tell you these people do not care about you or your story. I have been having issues with my case I filed in 04/2016. Right now I put in appeal to be seen by a AJL judge and I fired my lawyers because they mistreated me. Yes I called into Social Security Administration to attempt to change the fact that my lawyers would no longer represent me, that I would like to represent myself because you see I'm not stupid like you think I am. I know I need to gather all the medical evidence and documentation to present before a judge to show them and you that my disabilities are real. I am not trying to scam anyone, I suffer from Bipolar 1 and depression, anxiety and I am trying to be a better person. I am going to all my necessary doctors appts and trying to get on the right medication even throughout the fact I have no reliable transportation or any support other than my husband and he has no family neither do I.

I called and the agent laughed at me. When he ask me why I was being so "hostile" I told him "I have bipolar and I didn't ask you for your rude opinion Alva or whatever your name is." This man tried to compare my case to a DUI case? What kind of people are you hiring government? This is not acceptable to act like that to someone with my disorder. I also have a learning disability. Always have. I was born with it. So sometimes I don't perceive the way you might, it's all just very confusing. This experience along with all the horrible reviews on how people like me are being treated just makes me want to give up. I just think it's very sad that everyone including me is being treated like this. This hurts my feelings knowing not even people who say they care a fake facade end up really showing you what humiliation is. At this point I don't know if it's even worth my sanity to keep fighting this battle, I have no idea what I'm going to do.

My husband passed away six months before our son's 18th birthday who has a mental disability & was receiving social security off his dad's SSD. Because his current doctor hadn't sent his records for the past two years to them they decided he was no longer disabled. The doctor's office said they never received the request which I don't believe because it took me three weeks to get them to release the records to me. I filed an appeal online to reconsider his claim & We physically drove to Social Security & handed them his records. It took them over four months to determine he was disabled & was told to come in & sign paperwork to get him paid. I asked how long does it take to direct deposit his money & was told a week to two weeks.

When two weeks came there still was no money deposited. I called the person we spoke with to sign paperwork for being his payee representative & setup direct deposit two weeks prior & he apologized that it didn't get put through. I told him we have utility cut off notices not to mention back rent not paid in full & asked if we can get an advance emergency payment to keep the utilities from getting cut off. I only make $10.60 per hour & trying to support two people put us behind on bills & rent. If it weren't for the fact my daughter is my landlady we would be homeless too. With having to take off work for his therapy & psychiatric appointments I lost pay & she thought I was deliberately holding back the full rent causing conflict in our relationship. I was told we would have to bring in the disconnect notice in order to get emergency funds.

On a Wednesday afternoon I took off work early because I discovered last time going in around 3:00 most of the people there for one thing or another had already been there & gone making parking easier & waiting to be taken care of much shorter time for waiting. We went downtown around 3:30 & paid for parking in a garage because there's no parking meters on the entire block only to find out they closed at noon nationwide. I asked the guards, "Really! Are you kidding me?" So I lost pay, wasted $6.00 on parking & gas to find out they are closed. You would think since they only work Monday through Friday they would be open. I know the checks go out the Wednesday of the week the birthday falls on so maybe it takes the entire staff to disperse checks & approve direct deposit?

I called today to find out how long it takes to get emergency payment & was told up to five days. I was also told the hold up on the rest of his money was at the payment processing department getting around to it. This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. With today's technology why is it taking so long to get funds deposited directly into a bank account. They haven't even sent the approval for being his payee representative which has interfered with talking with anyone about his pay.

This has really been a Royal pain trying to get his disability reinstated & paid. Something needs to change with all the issues putting unnecessary stress on us just to live & with today's technology you would think we could check online instead of sitting on hold for over 30 minutes to find out nothing is being done. No one there is on the same page because I keep getting different answers to the same questions. I would love to have their job at the pay they receive. I'm 61 years old & have paid into social security since I was 16 & feel they can definitely do a better job at getting people paid on time.

I just got off the phone from talking with my mother, who had received some correspondence in the mail from the Social Security. Having a difficult time with being able to read small print and also wanting some help in filling out the requested information, my mother went to the SS Office in Cheyenne, Wyoming where she resides. Once she was able to talk to someone about her need for assistance, the woman, who name we only know is Faye, was very rude and proved to be very unhelpful in explaining the reasons why she received the correspondence, why it had to be filled out and her overall demeanor towards my mother was totally uncalled for.

My mom left the office feeling very distressed over the whole experience. She still does not know if the paperwork was accurately filled out and really does not know the reason why she received it in the first place. She felt that the employee was not kind and willing to be patient and understanding towards her need of assistance. My mom said that she left the office building shaking and frustrated and also bewildered as to why she was treated in the way that she had been treated by this employee.

My mom is 84 years old, has Macular Degeneration, has just recently lost her husband, but otherwise is an intelligent and fairly independent individual who does need help from time to time in situations such as these. No one deserves to be treated unfairly and unjustly and especially by persons in the capacity such as this government paid individual. They are there to help, to guide and to instruct when there are questions. And treat people like they would want to be treated in the same circumstances.

Civil Rights, Fraud on their behalf... I called the main Social Security Office in 2013 and reported I was moving to another state. Asked what I needed to do. I did everything. It went smooth. 2015 I got married, reported it and I was told it would not affect my benefits because I met requirements still. July 2016 I call, report I am moving to another state and I was told since the state didn't do Medicaid on the federal level reporting to Social Security was all I had to do so they noted the changes. I kept waiting for a new Medicaid card since I was in the new state and it never came. I started calling DHS, Social Security getting sent back and forth with my SSI never being a issue. I started recording calls with Social Security because something was wrong. I go to a social security office and the lady upon realizing I am gay and my wife is beside me jumped up started yelling I was getting nothing and I had to leave.

My wife and I drove to another parking lot and I called the main Social Security number I normally call. I am told I will be getting a call back from them later that afternoon. They did call and when I told the woman what happened she got her supervisor to speak with me. I gave him the same information and he said he would take care of it. He made me a appt with another Social Security office. My spouse and I got there early and had to watch a rainbow pride flashing in front of us and everyone that announced they were now serving some same sex couples for four and a half hours. I am in renal failure, feel like crap and only want to get this done.

My turn came and I let the lady know I was recording this for my protection as well as hers. She was confused so I explained and then we got to trying to fix whatever was going on with my Medicaid. I was told my check would be reduced by 300 dollars because of spousal income but I would keep my SSI and Medicaid. I was happy everything was resolved. I get a Medicaid id and told I will receive a card in 7 to 10 days. I go to one doctor appointment after that using just my number because I hadn't received my card. I get some mail from social security and they took my SSI and Medicaid. I was blown away it wasn't what we were told.

I had fought from early July until mid-September and they decide even though there was no change in income owning anything new didn't receive money from anyone what my previous state and Social security said for over a year entitled me to keep my benefits when I married was not good enough for this state. Here it is Feb and I get a letter from them going back to when I reported my marriage saying they overpaid me but I can hire a. We get paid only if you get paid attorney to fight their claim of overpayment in the amount of ten thousand plus dollars. The attorney has to be approved by social security according to this letter as well.

I didn't record conversations until Social Security couldn't get anything right. One minute they claimed I live in South Carolina. No, I reported that move. Then, "Oh you live here." No, that is another state and I have never been there. Next they get the state I had moved to from South Carolina and say, "We don't have a report you moved..." to where I live now yet they say at the same time, "You live at blah..." and it is the address I reported. I kept all paperwork and what recordings I do have but how do you fight the government. It's bad enough I followed the rules for 13 years prior to this and had continued only to have it ripped away but now they claim I was overpaid. No I was not. I did as they told me every step of they way.

Attorneys tell me winning appeals claiming it was not your fault or it was their error never get won. After I got to see how social security broke the law I believe it. I intend to fight it even though both me and my spouse are 100 percent disabled and only have her disability. She was injured in the line of duty while serving as a police officer for over a decade. She can't comprehend how the law is being twisted. They give you payback options if it is under a certain amount but that is saying you did something wrong and you didn't. I am ** but ** on my birth certificate. I always hated the race card and denying one's religion to compensate for another. My heritage courts are used to get back our history. We protest nonviolent such as the pipeline. I see now I was wrong for not liking the so called race card and taking away from one religion to better off another.

The whole time I have been in this state being gay is like saying I have a contagious horrible life taking disease and the social security administration are doing the same thing. I was told "I am so sorry we just spent over a million dollars training our employees on how to deal with people like you." What? People like me?And that is suppose to comfort me?? I have to go to free clinics with horrible care a doctor who still thinks he is seeing me for the first time so all my illnesses that qualified me for SSI aren't getting treated. We are on the poverty line and not by choice. I have a college education and my wife protected our community until a call caused a injury that cost her career. Police aren't taken care of like people think. Work comp pays for her health care relating to the injuries she has thanks to a criminal.

This stuff is real. It hasn't happened only to me. People know the Social Security Administration is government so how do you fight it when they are wrong when they break the law?? We are going to have to declare bankruptcy when last June we had a two story house we worked hard to get and a yard for our dogs to play in. Now we have a 30 foot travel trailer we live in and a vehicle that is ten years younger than me. So I have the appointment to file either for a appeal, waiver or payment plan on a lesser amount than they say they overpaid me. You won't see truth like this in the news. Probably won't believe what I am saying. Nobody is immune however. It could be you.

I am still waiting to deposit the balance of the money they owe into my account so I can pay my lawyers. I think they are looking to cut people off of SSI. Hey peoples you can only apply for ssi if you have a long standing mental disorder not medical. You must have solid like a rock proof. They are very smart and with our new prez they will be looking to make cuts in people's checks. To save the gov money. If you have ssdi you are lucky.

Ok I never had this happened to me in the 17 yrs I had benefits. I go on my direct express card look to see my next pay deposit, come to find out only my moms is on there - I'm her payee. Then I go to my account to the Social Security website, login and find out that I got suspended from it cause my address and phone number needs updated. Apparently mail got sent back to Social Security office, could of been in the wrong mailbox or simply mailman not doing their job. I didn't know of until now.

Anyways I'm calling them tomorrow. It's all an error. I still live in my same address on file, phone number always the same for 2 and a half years. I have bills due on Feb 1st. The mess up part is I'm my mom's payee. She will have hers on my card. We live in the same house. Doesn't that register to someone in the office humm? Anyways I wonder how long I will get it back. Would they cut me an emergency check, anyone know? I have bills due, I can't afford this. I'm soo upset in the system, not one person called me to confirm it last month or this month. I hope this don't happens to no one else.

Social Security Administration Company Profile