1.31/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 13, 2017

324 Social Security Administration Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

My daughter receives social security disability from her father who's disable. On October 11th, SSA sent a large payment to her card that’s not set up to receive amounts that large. I received a letter on the 16th of October alerting me of the check (back pay) that’s due to her "coming soon". By October 23rd, I checked the balance on her card to see if it posted... it never posted. A check never even came in the mail. I called SSA customer care same day only to be told the check was mailed back to them on the 12th and it's sitting at the payment center. November 2nd I called customer care and was told they'd do a "??? Receipt", (can't remember the first word) and my check would be deposited in 3-5 days.

A week goes by and I call again on the 5th and updated my banking info where I wouldn't have to wait on a paper check in the mail. Still no form of payment. I called today, November 13th, after I seen that my payment still haven't posted and my daughter couldn't have her outpatient surgery done, I went to the SAA building highly upset. I was again given the runaround. I bet if money was owed to them, they'd take it by any means. Money that’s DUE TO YOU regardless, they drag their feet paying you. I'm still waiting and my daughter needs her money ASAP!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I was approved August 17th 2017. In the courtroom the judge herself said, "I Grant the approval for you." Then after I asked my attorney how long since I've been approved will it take to start receiving checks because I literally live in my car and have been for 2 years now. She stated "60 days give or take." Ok. So 2 and a half months after my 60 days. I called SSI and they informed me they were completely backed up and to expect to wait another 2 weeks and if by then I haven't received anything call back. We are now into just over 3 months after my hearing. I have now been told by the office that I was approved by that it could take another 6 months possibly longer to get the approval letter, let alone the money.

I called my attorney and she put in for a way to get me expedited a bit sooner than the given time frame since I might not survive any longer living the way I have to. Yet still nothing from them. It's killing me to have to sleep in a back seat each night, not be able to properly clean myself, eating is tough. And finding anywhere I can legally park overnight to sleep where I don't have to pay is absolutely impossible. I don't know what else to do and all I'm waiting on is the approval letter and my checks to come in. It's been recorded on tape by the judge that I am approved. What more is there to do? I'm seriously afraid that by the time I get the approval letter, let alone any check, I might be dead. And I'm not overplaying this. I have to rely on medication to keep me alive and I have no money to pay for it, let alone the appointments to get the prescriptions.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I am receiving benefits. I am 65 and still working. I thought that money they having been taking out for 40 years was mine - obviously not! Not only are they cutting my benefits but also taking social security taxes from my paycheck!!! This institution called the Social Security Administration is almost as crooked as the Internal Revenue Service!!! Something needs to change!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Weeks ago, I went on the Medicare.gov website, selected Part D, listed my medications, and reviewed plans, so that once the eligibility date arrived, I would expedite changing my Part D policy. When I returned to the site today, it would not recognize either my username or password; I called Medicare, and, regrettably, encountered a rep who was condescending. She placed me on hold every time I asked a question. I tried to explain the problem was that my username, which I’ve used for years, was not being accepted, nor was my password. She insisted on beginning anew, which was fine, but she made me read each screen, describing each tab, the colors of the tab, the colors of the type, etc. In short, she treated me as if we were having Reading time and “Fun With Dick and Jane”.

She stated that “You can’t rush through this process.” She never listened nor heard my difficulty. We wasted much time. I grew frustrated with her reading comprehension queries and asked for another rep but was placed on hold again. After some time, I hung up as I grew tired of waiting. Fortunately, I was able to solve the problem by doing a general search and by placing several filters so that my target company appeared. But I am concerned for others who may encounter this same issue. Also, this type of condescension does not solve the problem: it creates problems.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

The Social Security Administration provides flawed and sometimes horrible service but the basic fact that a phone call to them invariably results in 40-60 minutes of waiting, is indefensible. I simply needed to get a Social Security 1099 form for the year 2015 for my mom. She's 88 years old and I hold Power of Attorney over her financial affairs but, of course, that means nothing to the bureaucracy. I set up a "My Social Security Account" where I found it was easy to get a 2016 1099 form. But, to get a form for an earlier year, requires phone contact which is where the nightmare begins. I waited close to an hour, on the phone, for a conversation lasting perhaps a minute, in which I learned they would not talk to me about anything related to my mother. My brother, with my elderly mother nearby, also waited 50 minutes to talk to someone and, Doh, didn't have her Social Security number. My mom could only remember the last 4 digits.

Finally, my mom took the phone, Social Security number in hand, and waited the one hour to talk to someone and was quickly promised the form would be sent. It would take 10 freakin' days. It's been three weeks and we still haven't got it. It's hanging up a Reverse Mortgage and the money that is critically needed to survive. But, you can bet the Social Security Administration staff couldn't care less.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Social Security Administration?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I have been on SSDI and SSI for 20 years. I have dealt with this Social Security office in Palos Hills, Illinois for the last 20 years. I have been mistreated over and over again at this office and put up with workers and supervisors who are extremely rude. Recently, I got a letter that SSA crosschecked computers with the IRS and to come into the office right away to review my SSI benefits. I immediately went that day because I never trust this office or any letters that come from Social Security because you can't. I spoke to a worker who was nice as pie at the beginning and then turned into a monster by the end. As soon as I questioned how she is saying that I received 5600.00 in 2015 she got all nasty with me saying I received it over and over again.

I repeatedly told her I never got that money and that is not true. I said let me see the paper that is saying I got that much money in 2015. Then the security guard came over and stood over me. The worker told me to go have a seat in the waiting area for a supervisor. I told her I wanted to talk to the manager and not the supervisor and how I know there is a difference. She again told me to just go have a seat in the waiting area. I went and had a seat and while I was waiting I stood up and asked the security guard for his name. He told me his name and I asked why he was standing over my chair listening to my private conversation with the Social Security Administration. He said he wanted to make sure there was no trouble. I said I consider that an invasion of my privacy and told him I would be writing a letter of complaint about him.

I then had to wait an hour to see the supervisor and not the manager like I asked for. The supervisor is usually a total witch to me but I guess she was in a better mood that day. She explained how this company paid me 5600.00 in 2015 and the IRS is reporting it. She said she would need a letter stating the company did not pay me 5600.00 in 2015 otherwise that would be considered an overpayment. She then told me the man's name on the paper and I recognized it as an attorney that filed a lawsuit on my behalf in 2015. I told her, "No I received 500.00 as a settlement in a lawsuit and the attorney received 5100.00." I said that is how they are saying I got 5600.00 apparently.

I left there and contacted the attorney and he told me he would straighten it out. I came in with an affidavit from him stating the breakdown of what happened and how I only got 500.00 out of the settlement. The worker I turned the affidavit and settlement agreement in with at Social Security told me she would not accepted a printed out copy. I told her the attorney emailed me it and I printed it out. I told her it was notarized and she said no they don't accept notary stamps and would only accept a notary from a sealed envelope from a court. I was furious that they make me run around doing all this stuff that is stressing me out making my anxiety go through the roof and have a hard time walking.

So, now the lawyer is sending me the originals in the mail to give to them. And how am I suppose to get a letter from a company that I settled a lawsuit with for them? I am just sick over this. I cannot afford to live without my SSI. I mean for God sakes I have duck tape on both of my 6 year old shoes and the worker at this office says to me SSI is a program for people in need. You don't think I'm in need when I can't even get my basic needs met. I haven't showered in a 14 months because I don't have a shower or bath I can use where I live. I am so disgusted with life as it is and now they are playing games with my SSI that I depend on to survive.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Approved Thursday 14 but didn't know 'til Friday 15, too late for direct deposit then tried put on a card. They did a test 22, card not activated 'til 23 then test again. They now say I don't have benefits so I have to go in to local office. Hopefully it will be easy. Card setup, ready to go. Hopefully can get immediate payment. Any advice?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

On August 25th 2017 my daughter and myself went to the SS office because her father had filed for ss back in December of 2016. Not only was this woman quite rude and condescending towards me and my child she gave us completely inaccurate information. Also she got mad at us because she didn't know how to complete a change in the computer. Who the heck do these people think they are? God?? How dare they treat people so poorly. Horribly lacking in people skills act like they hate what they do.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

My husband was receiving both workmans comp and social security. They told us when his workmans comp was closed then social security would pick up those payments so he would receive his FULL benefit amount. His claim closed seven months ago and for seven months I have been calling social security and for seven months they have continually lied to us telling us his benefits were being processed. I spoke with 15 different people in these last 7 months an all 15 have told us the same thing that his offset for workmans comp was being processed and even these past 7 months would be paid back so not to worry. Today I find out it was all a total lie. They're not picking up the offset from workmans comp. And he is not getting his full benefit. There has got to be a way to fight these thieves that are stealing OUR money that WE earned before becoming disabled. Enough being ripped off by our own government thieves!!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

My wife passed away on July 29. I am trying to report that to Social Security. When I called the 800 number a recording told me that I have 1 hour and 15 minutes to wait. I complained to a friend about that and he told me that I can save time by making an appointment at the local Social Security office. However, I learned that in order to make an appointment I have to call the same 800 number and wait 1 1/4 hours.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

My daughter may not qualify for SSI based on her diagnosis of Turner Syndrome. But she has received SSI her entire childhood due the bulk load of health issues that goes along with it. Yes. She is very intelligent and is in nursing school. Her benefits are helping her to better herself and not depend on the government benefits. I can't believe I am still having to fight these ignorant people for her SSI. She has heart issues. Swelled feet with fluid bubbling from the top of the foot. Hearing impaired both ears. All of her joints pop out with limited or no activity, chronic ear disease. And doesn't drive. What in God's name. She will keep her benefits if I have to fight these sobs to the end of time.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

My God. Where to begin. I just want to warn everyone I can. Do not even try to collect disability payments. The SSA will not give them to you. I had an attorney. I waited three years for my hearing. I was approved by a bench decision. SSI sent me a letter I would be granted $26k. Four years in my attorney tells me the award letter was a mistake. A mistake. The payments SSA did give me for three months they want back. Four years in they have lost my records five times, claimed I never sent in paperwork, said I lied about my income, screamed at me on the phone. Do you know that even if you are homeless SSDI considers living in a shelter as receiving income? I am unable to work. People? Do not even try to collect benefits. You will not get them. I wish someone would have told me this in the beginning so I am telling you now. Listen to me. Do not go down the disability road. You will lose.

Resolution response: Aug. 9, 2017

Called Greenville County, SC Social Security Office to ask about getting help filling out following form Disability Report-Appeal SSA-3441-BK. It says on the instruction sheet that if you need help to get a friend or family member & if you still need help you can make an appointment & they will help you complete what you can't. Apparently this is wrong. She apologized & told me that instruction sheet is outdated. You can't make an appointment but you can fill out as much as you can & they will help you with the rest. She was very very nice. She told me since I could go to Anderson or any other Social Security office I wanted to as long as it was in the US. Lol. So I said I would probably go to Anderson due to less waiting. HUGE mistake.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I called the Anderson County, SC Social Security Office after calling the Greenville County, SC Social Security Office (who were very nice btw & I have already written a review for them). I thought I had to go to Greenville County because my attorney told me for one form I did. On this form though Greenville County told me I could go to any office. The form in question is Disability Report-Appeal SSA-3441-BK. The instruction sheet says to complete as much of the form as you can & the parts you can't fill out they will help you when you make an appointment.

Anderson County, SC has less wait time so I called them to make an appointment like the paper said & the girl that answered didn't give a name (I had to call back & get it). She was extremely rude. I tried to tell her what I needed but she kept cutting me off. I finally told her that I was filling out this form & there looked like there would be some things I might need help with. First she told me they don't make appointments for that. Then she said they can't help at all. She said "Don't expect to come in here with a blank form & expect us to fill it out for you." She had totally ignored what I said in the beginning. I told her I just had some general questions about things like dates & things.

She was very condescending saying "What's so hard about it?" Well first of all I'm filling out a NEW SSI application & I'm filling out this at the same time. She was just very rude all the way around & didn't listen to me at all. Finally she practically shouted "General questions only. We can't help you fill out the file because we're the Social Security." Besides her being rude, not giving her name, & telling me they wouldn't help she wouldn't listen to me about the instructions & treated me like I was a total idiot. I thought it was required that anyone working for Social Security Offices had to give their name & ID # or whatever it's called. Do they not have to do that anymore?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Today I got the pleasure of a telephonic customer assistance from the Medicare and Social Security Administration. Rating of 0-10 with 10 being great. Medicare - 8 Helpful and honest in their answers. Detailed in their answers and extremely informative. Just needs to slow down, we are no longer spring chickens. Social Security Administration - 1 and that is being kind. Tone of voice was irritating, (had to hate their job - but us tax payers are paying it). Couldn't get a word in edgewise, and when you tried, "Stop interrupting me Sir" was the response, with emphasis on the Sir and the blame on her customer. Not sure they see us a customers or a nescience.

Patience is a virtue, but the Social Security Administration’s representative was unfriendly, not helpful and extremely rude. I had to catch myself to not lose my temper at one point, for worry of reprisals, for they got your number and your info. Perhaps would be better to contract it out, even if it cost more, for then contractors would be rated for customer service, instead of brow beating the customers, who are elderly and needs more patience. Just my thoughts.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

My husband was on disability from 1996 to 1999 and went off, went back to work and then reapplied in 2009. In 2007 we got a letter that he had gotten over payments but we were filing bankruptcy so that was included and we did not have to pay that money back. So it was agreed in 2010 that he would be able to go back on social security disability and in May 2010 he started to receive benefits. He then got a lump sum for back payments in November 2010.

Well he passed away 6-16-17. I applied for the one time death benefit of $255.00 and was told I could not receive it due to an overpayment of $8700 to one of his children in 2007. Not once did we get a letter. Even when he reapplied for disability they had the opportunity to mention this, not give him the lump sum, keep his SSID checks until paid or file to not have to pay due to financial hardship. The child's mother who lives in California was receiving these obvious over payments but they wait until he dies when he cannot defend himself or state that he was never told to deny me his wife of almost 20 years a measly $255.00 because of their incompetence!!

I am struggling financially without him and am having to grieve the loss of my husband, best friend and soulmate who was only 56 when he died. Going down to the local social security office they are rude and treat you like you have some kind of disease or are trying to steal from the Social Security because $255.00 is such a large amount. I am disgusted that they would do that to me and wait 10 years to bring it up after he is dead and cannot even make arrangements. Had they said something years before he could have paid it or tried to not pay it due to financial hardship.

Why doesn't the mother of the children have to pay it back. She took the money. We did not and they were stupid enough to send it to her. They could attach her income tax returns if they wanted to. But no they have no empathy or compassion for the widow. They are a bunch of jerks and I hope I die before I have to collect my benefits as they are a miserable bunch of people to deal with in person and on the phone.

When I got the letter about an overpayment they would not tell me over the phone after being on hold for an hour and a half. I had to go to the local office who told me the amount but since I was not the mother that was getting the money (the payee) they could not tell me anymore even though I am his widow. Basically they said, "Oh well" and pushed the paperwork I handed to them back at me not EVEN looking at it.

Again disgusting people and no wonder our government is in such a shamble. Shame on you Social Security. You take money out of my check every pay check but you refuse to give a widow a small death benefit that would help with funeral cost as he has no life insurance or no assets. I would use profanity but I am better than they are. Again you disgust me.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I have a long-running problem with SSA (not germane here) and only due to inquiries from my US Senator was a conference scheduled for today. In spite of leaving work 90 minutes before the meeting I was delayed in traffic and realized that I wouldn't make it. I called the contact number on the form for the meeting: an automated system that requires either a name or an extension to complete the call, neither of which are on the form. There was a callback while I was driving home and a message with an 800 number.

I first dialed the callback number -- it's not in service; in other words they call out but you can't call them. So then I called the 800 number, went through the menu for information on the local office, and it tells me that there is no direct phone number for it. There are so many words and phrases to describe this but I'll settle for ought-to-be-criminal, given that they're sitting on my money and purposely preventing access. If I could I'd fire every one of them, top to bottom, because they all know how dysfunctional their system is and none of them care. ** them all.

Original review: July 25, 2017

My husband and I went to get new SS cards and the fellas in booths 12 and 13 were exceptionally helpful, quick, and very friendly! We were in and out in one half hour! Thank you for the good experience with these men!

Original review: July 20, 2017

Went to Social Security (1010 Park Ave Baltimore MD 21201) today with a friend and the woman I believe her name was Ms.** we got was so condescending and talked down to us like we were stupid. I asked the same questions a few times and she won't answer me. She keep saying... "I don't skip steps, that's how we do things and we'll be sitting here all day and let's get this done first." I asked one more time And I used the word "Talk". She said I don't need to to talk to her. I need her to respond to me and I said, "Talk, respond. It's the same thing," I just said. Then she had the security escort me to the waiting room. I've never been treated like that before! I talked to the supervisor and he said, "I heard her say she needed to talk to Ms.** and you keep interrupting her." I told him that was a lie and I got his name and I told him I'm reporting them for treating me like **.

Original review: June 21, 2017

Never expecting to be belittled, put down, and yelled at while during my interview with Ms.**. I had to ask for the supervisor, was told "Good luck" and "We'll even see if you'll be seen today." Unbelievable. I was called from the supervisor within 5 minutes. I was told would go back in after being forced out from my interview. I asked for a support system to be allowed to return with me. I was given permission to be allowed to do so. When arriving back again we were asked to start interview over again and interviewer asked to only ask questions applying to myself and support only there for myself. Which was not followed. After 45 days later to find out no paperwork done or followed and interviewer on stress relieve now. Oh boy very much surprised after waiting since April 2013 of filing for SSI and receiving full award from judge on February 2017 and award letter received March 2017.

When going back in after April of first perc meeting to return in June to hear from Ms. ** remembering hearing the day of my horrible interview and being yelled at and where I had been sitting. I was wondering why they can't be a little bit more kind, considerate, and caring. My entire leg had been crushed, broke main arm, with 180 degree of my foot severed, 5 operations and a major one to come. Then to be asked "How do I remember from so far back" and would not the average if they had gone thru this themselves. Like I replied "I was and had left Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour and restaurant after work and was on my way home when being hit by a hit and run diesel truck and hitting 2 walls on the 57 Freeway and taken to UCI Hospital as a blood loss and trauma patient." Please try to be patient and kind yourselves despite all matters and ask for a supervisor if needed. Eventually I guess this will all pass in time. Thank you!

Original review: June 19, 2017

This organization is the most inefficient office that I have EVER had the displeasure of dealing with. I am Representative Payee for my disabled brother, and I have been threatened REPEATEDLY with cutting off his benefits because THEY changed some procedure for reporting and didn't bother to tell me about it! Instead of sending me a letter requesting what they need, like most civilized people, I get THREATS to cut off his benefits! Then I call to find out what the problem is! After wasting an hour on hold (yes, I used the callback service, but I'm still tied to my phone waiting for them to call back), they can't give me any answers. They tell me I have to go to the office. I try to call the number given to schedule an appointment.

It's an automated maze system that tries to sell me all this garbage I don't want and I never get to actually schedule an appointment after 15 minutes of pushing this button and that one to try to get to where I can actually schedule and appointment. So now, I have to go and sit there at the office and wait, because I have nothing better to do (like spending time with my disabled brother). My sympathy goes to anyone who does not have someone to advocate for them. What they do is nothing short of harassment! They take advantage of the weak and vulnerable by jerking them around in a system that I don't think THEY even understand! My next step is to take legal action and file a discrimination law suit! I am tired of being treated this way and tired of my poor disabled brother being threatened by these people. This must be stopped! It is inhumane to take advantage of the weak and vulnerable, and that's all this system is!

Original review: June 15, 2017

Nearly 90 days and NO check. I was trying to have my survivor benefit replaced by my own retiree benefit. In the interview I asked no less than twice, this will be 200.00 a month more right? The woman assured me each time it would indeed be 200.00 a month more. Then I got a deposit for 40.00?? That was how much more I was to get. SO I immediately called and went into my local office to stop the new benefit and keep on with the old amount and wait until it would be substantially more (18 months). I gave back the 40.00 on the spot. I was told on May 3rd, that it would be just 45 days, and now it has been nearly 90 days and NO payment. I call the 800 number and I am informed it would be another 90 days, the 800 number "we can't really do anything for anyone, we're just the 800 number." WHAT? Why in the world are we paying these clowns, bad information and they can't do anything!!!

At the end of this month I will lose my home of 20+ years to foreclosure as I have not had the funds to pay my mortgage payment. This is a shame as in four years it would have been paid for. My credit rating has gone from a very healthy 729 to a very poor 590, all because of these clowns. A worthless bunch of government employees.

Original review: June 5, 2017

I was calling into social security today to make a payment. When the rep picked up he did not provide his name so I made sure to ask. The reason for this is I have received horrible customer service from the phone bank every time I call so I was advised by a "supervisor" that because they have so many call centers that I should always get the name call center and the site they work. So I asked for the rep's name he said Ben. I asked what location he was in he was hesitant then said he was in California. I then asked him what was his ID number. He said they did not have those so I asked for his last name. He said, "I don't think you need that." I said, "Well yes I do In case I have to refer back to this call." I then said, "Sir are you refusing to give me that information." He disconnected the call on me.

When I tell you these people are the worst wow. I mean I get they probably deal with some really ignorant people but someone just wanting to get your information to make sure you do your job appropriately. If you don't have to call these people don't. I don't know who trains these people but they are not being watched at all and there is no expectations of their workers.

Original review: May 28, 2017

SSDI contacted us three months ago to say my husband received $2600.00 in overpayment. They specifically said it was for November 2016 and December 2016. I checked our bank account information where we have SSDI deposited and he received nothing in December (which would have been November's overpayment since SSDI is paid a month in arrears), and nothing in January. Their own ssa.gov site shows the same payment history. I disputed the issue by fax with our local SSA office, have acknowledgement they revived my multiple faxes. I sent the ssa.gov site payment information, bank statements with all SSDI payments, etc. Proof we didn't get those payments. Well the SSA assigned some woman named Michelle to handle the overpayment dispute.

Three weeks ago she called me and left a voice mail saying something about "overpayment dispute" paperwork. I already faxed the form the ssa.gov site tells you to fill out and they did get it, I called her back and left three voice mails. As of Thursday, 3 days ago, I was told only she can resolve the dispute and she's been on vacation for almost two weeks. Maybe she'd be back next week by Wednesday. No joke, this is what 2 separate agents told me. So, my spouse should get SSDI on June 3 but the website says (ssa.gov) he no longer gets SSDI but gets Medicare, and the SSDI payment will be applied to the overpayment, it says "the full SSDI payment of $1,***.00 / month is being withheld from your benefit payment."

So I of course faxed this and the info I sent two months ago including the overpayment dispute form from ssa.gov on Friday. The agents keep saying, "only the July 3 payment will be affected", anyone else ever have this happen? Their site shows no payments for months, accused of getting overpayment and our bank statements reflect the same damn thing. Now they're taking my husband's full SSDI benefit and only one moron at the local office can help this issue be resolved? I'm furious. Bank statements on their end and my bank statements don't lie, show the same deposits.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Some glitch in Social Security's system is causing my mom not to be able to claim her Medicare benefits. Social Security does not agree there is a glitch. Medicare cannot contact them without mom in conference. I have spent hours over hours but none of them are willing to fix the issue. They deduct from our paychecks every month only to cause us such pain in old age and are most rude and not willing to help.

Original review: May 20, 2017

"Ms. **" refused to speak to me, the beneficiary's spouse, at the SSA interview when my husband applied for his SSA benefits. She discouraged him from applying for and asked why he wanted to receive his benefits. Ms. ** did not explain most of the issues she discussed, providing incomplete and inaccurate information to us. She was rude, dismissive, disrespectful and unprofessional to exclude the spouse of the beneficiary. She has most likely put us on a path that will be neither constructive or helpful to us in any way. I would be horrified to have such an employee representing me. Ms. ** in the SSA Glendora, California office is a dismal, awful and terrible employee!!!

Original review: May 11, 2017

I don't know where to start, but I'll say for years I've dealt with the inaccuracy of the Social Security Administration! They have LOST a total packet that I took to the office and placed in their designated mailbox. They have switched payroll people and created pay for my son that was my husband's pay, my son has never worked. I just recently received a letter stating that they received 3 pay stubs of income from last year when I gave them, AGAIN, (as requested because they lost the other ones from last year), about 7 months worth of income!

Oh and the reason they needed the 7 months is because they forgot to include the cafeteria plan which with that and creating a job my son NEVER HAD. Btw the job they created was my husband's which made the paystubs EXACTLY ALIKE for my husband and my son. Again my son has NEVER worked. Anyway with that mess allowed them to create an OVERPAYMENT that they don't seem to understand how to fix!!! Why are they NOT HELD ACCOUNTABLE!!!

Original review: April 21, 2017

They get over people that have a disability because of race, religion and other. I been fighting them since 2009 and it hurts to depend on my family for help when I use to do it all by myself, they say I can do the work that I use to but they don't understand. When you walk with a cane or a walker the people is not going to hire you or you can't stand a long period of time or just having spasm. Who in the right mind is going to hire a people that has all those problems. Please judge. Look what's happen to the inside of our bodies and not the outside when everything looks so clear.

Original review: April 20, 2017

Okay. I have been reading a lot of the reviews on this site and all I have to say is “Oh my God. It’s not just in my city then.” So here is my story. My son is autistic and he was receiving SSI but for the last few months he haven't received any payment all because recently his grandfather his daddy father became employed with Social Security. I have never had any problems with his benefits until now, reported everything I needed to report. Everything ran smoothly.

Okay. My son's father doesn't want to pay his child support so he conjured up a world of lies to get us into court to try and get his child support reduce to zero because he claims to not have any income at the present time, so his father who is clearly sitting right next to his 35 year old son in court each time we have a court date, the same father who is employed with the Social Security office where we now lives is using illegal tactics like information from my files to try and benefit his son’s case.

I became aware of this when I received a appointment to come into the SS office at the same time and on the same date I was scheduled to be in court with his son when there was no reason for me to come into the office in the first place and daddy was very aware of the court date, secondly I had the case moved to the next city over, where he is presently a preacher at a church (yeah I said preacher) in this same city. Okay. When I talk to the new caseworker in this town she is already aware of why I am choosing to transfer the case only I didn't get to hear what she was told beforehand, so if not him directly then one of his coworkers is doing him the honors.

I get a letter almost every week asking for my income info from my job and every time I turn it in and each time I get a letter back stating she never received the documents, but get this all of the letters are coming from the same office I had the case transferred from which is the Selma Ala office, then I go into the office where I live now to inquire about it and they tell me, “no it’s from our office.” Are you freaking kidding me? And clearly the Selma office address is listed on the letter, so recently I got a letter from this same office (Selma office) stating my son's benefits will go to 0.00 because my income is too high yet you haven't received my information! Income that I have never made in my life, it's not my income nor is it any income that I reported on any documents.

It's also been put into the system that his son is paying $300.00 month to me when I don't receive a penny from him, but my caseworker states this is what's showing up in the system and at this point I am like “this is just crazy.” I just can't believe this man is getting away with all this destruction and nobody seems care. Someone has changed everything around in the system put information in my files that I have no clue as to what they are talking about and upon all of that I have filed an appeal three times already and nothing. Not a word. I have filed complaint after complaint even contacted the Attorney General and nothing. I have gone into the office several times so I can have a face to face interview with the caseworker and each time the person at the front desk tell me she's not in, I have called left messages. No return calls.

This entire ordeal have physically and mentally drained me. And I know when you read this you probably don't believe anyone can be this evil but this is the God loving truth. This is what I am dealing with. My son didn't ask to be in this condition and if I didn't need the help I wouldn't be going through this, but it is just sad that a person like this man can be hired to work in a federal establishment and be able to have access and the ability to do whatever they want with people files in order to gain over some personal vendetta against a citizens. I mean it’s just cruel and pure evil most importantly illegal. So if anyone can tell me where to go from here I would love some input.

Original review: March 29, 2017

Mrs ** (as what she said) made my heart broken. I asked her if there is non-working SSN number, she said "no, we don't have it." BUT my boyfriend called and they said THEY HAVE! I don't know why she is a liar, **, it's her name, as what she said. And just I said "but we just called and they said they have NON-WORKING SSN number which I can apply. Mrs ** spoke to me so badly, I feel so sad, I don't know why she is like this. She is so horrible. I wonder why the government hire this type of person to work??? Why?? She is such a horrible person, I am sorry to say that she should be asked if she still can manage her job. so horrible experience when I talked with her. And I don't know if she is a liar about her name, she said her name is **.

Original review: March 28, 2017

I've called the SSA 3 times regarding when I will receive my back pay and to confirm they received my documents requesting to cancel Medicare and part D. First of all, it takes far too long to simply cancel a service. If you owed them money, it would take half a minute for them to collect. However, if you're requesting to stop them from taking your money, it takes up to 3 months. Funny how that works. Second, each rep I talked to was argumentative, rude, and just plain nasty. I'm reading from my documents from SSA and they still argue I'm wrong. They have no idea what they're talking about, and then argue and tell you you're wrong. These people need to find a job that doesn't involve working with anything that has a pulse. They are awful people who are angry, don't listen, and have no interest in truly helping you. And I get to wait over an hour just to be treated like dirt.

Social Security Administration Company Information