3.11/5

413 Social Security Administration Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 17, 2019

I can't understand, it's easier for a criminal to get my social security card than it is for me. How in the hell can I enter all my info correctly and some dillweed that doesn't even know me decides that my information on myself is incorrect, CAN I PLEASE JUST GET MY SOCIAL SECURITY CARD SO I CAN GET A DAMN JOB.

Original review: June 17, 2019

After 13 years of being on Permanent Disability Local SSA Office stopped my SSDI this month benefits and next month they are cutting my SSI. When I requested for my Local SSA Office to release 2006 Records from my SSD Case - I was sent (Form SSA-454-BK) - My SSD Case has been closed since 2006 - I won my case and a full favorable decision.

Form (SSA-454-Bk) is for claims and appeals - CDR continuing disability Reviews are strictly Workers Compensation related. I never filed Workers Compensation Claim. Since I didn't fill out (Form SSA-454-BK) benefits are cut for non-compliance. Letter said I could file an Appeal? MY CASE IS CLOSED. CAN’T FILE AN APPEAL - YOU IDIOTS!!!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Those people are horrible! They interview my mother every 2 or 3 years to see if she is still eligible for SSI, even after my mother told the agent that her rent increased a lot, she said, "Ok send me proof of the increase" which my mom did, a few days later she got a letter from SSA stating that they were going to reduced her SSI for more than $150. Ok but this was before she sent them the proof they asked for and today the letter they sent indicated that she was only going to get $26.61 of SSI, what the hell is wrong with this people? They claim my mother has extra income, that is NOT true! What extra income? They know exactly how much money she has in the bank, this whole thing upsets my mother so much, she is almost 90 yrs old, she doesn't need the stress, I do hate them!

If we appeal won't do any good, they always win, once i contacted my senator here in California, she contacted them and SSA gave her some stupid explanation that didn't make any sense, it is so unfair that this country has the worst employees working there, they think they're doing you a favor by giving you the money, they act as if the money comes out of their pocket! Well maybe by reducing people's pensions they pay those agents their salaries! But you know they will be retiring one day too and I hope they get treated the same way they're treating our elderly loved ones and maybe even worse, karma will catch up with them eventually.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Social Security at Charleston SC lost my paper work 3 times. Went in person, stood in line over 90 minutes in hot sun and was told I was signed up. I was not. Was referred to a supervisor Mrs. ** who was supposed to call back by end of the day. Did not happen. Going again tomorrow to stand in hot line. Gov. workers are not accountable to anyone and even their supervisors. They all stick together and protect each other.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I finally won my case after 3.5 years! I had to call on two occasions to find out what the hold up is as I received a letter stating they were holding all my backpay. The associate both times was horrible and downright rude. I have never in my life been treated like this by a so called professional. SSA should be ashamed of employees like this. They straight out argued with me about things they had no idea about such as my disability and the fact that I raise my 5 year old grandson who has Down syndrome. I’m not stopping at this review. I am about to make all kinds of noise and going as high as I can to make sure these two women don’t treat anyone else this way. So disappointed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Social Security Administration?

Original review: April 23, 2019

The SSA is a disaster, even at handling a simple retirement benefits claim. They recommend filing 3 - 4 months in advance just because they mess everything up so many times, it takes that long to straighten things out and get the claim processed. Employees pass off their responsibilities onto other employees, delaying the handling of claims, and increasing the number of mistakes. Their customer service is worse than that of your cell phone provider, who farms theirs out to India.

I filed a simple retirement benefits claim Feb 1 which I was told was processed and approved, but I never received the written award. I did receive a written statement claiming SSA had spoken with me on Feb 4, which was patently false, and I sent a letter with corrections asking them to refrain from putting false information in my file. Then I was told SSA processed my claim wrong, and I would have to withdraw it and file a new claim. I filed a request for withdrawal, was told it was approved, but have not received written confirmation of that either. On April 10 I met with an SSA employee who took my second application in person. She tried to print the withdrawal approval, but for some reason she did not understand, she was unable to print it.

During that meeting, she said my first application no longer exists, which also is patently false, because I have the right to change my mind about withdrawing my first application within 60 days of the date I receive written notice of the approval. This is a simple retirement benefits claim, which I calculated by hand in less than an hour. Using a computer, it would take about 5 minutes. The gubmint needs another 60 days to process the claim, in addition to the 69 days they've already had to "work" on it. And the sad part is these people really believe they are understaffed.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I am completely ashamed of our administration and what they put people through in this disability process. It is a total nightmare. First of all, we are required to pay into SS and if we don't....well, everyone knows what happens. So our $ is literally taken from us to be put into a so called fund to help us in the event we become unable to work but it's impossible to get. I have lost my home, I am going to have to sell my vehicle and still have to wait another 10-12 months to get on a docket because they are so backed up from all the denials. Here's some food for thought for the Social Security Administration....stop denying everyone and stealing our money that we worked hard for. This is absolutely criminal what you are doing. Shame on you!

Original review: March 29, 2019

My husband was lied to for 11 years and told a child belonged to him that didn't. He believed this lied as any man would having married the the ** 2 years PRIOR to her giving birth. I never thought that was his child and after the ex wife tried to take him for even more money than he was already paying (he already covered her rent and all clothing while DSS covered the rest) he finally agreed with me that he needed a paternity test. The kid wasnt his and a judge removed him from the child's birth certificate.

We thought that was that but boy were we wrong. He reinstated his SSDI he got a few years back and they mailed 9 months worth of payments to his ex although he provided a judges order of removal for his name on the birth certificate and he also submitted the DNA test excluding him as the father by 99.9%. To this very day they mail a check to this woman for HER daughter off HIS benefits because despite all the proof in the world they will not remove this girl from under him. So all of you out there worried about how this system will substain just know it won't with fraudulent practices such as this.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I was rejected by the military in high school because of a flat foot deformity. I went to a specialist who said I would become crippled because of it in my thirties. I went to work after high school and aging out of foster care and paid into the system until I became crippled in my early thirties. I have always had pain in it, but it had gotten to the point I had to be very medicated to be able to walk to the bathroom, much less work much over 15 hrs a week. Less if I had my period. I have extreme PMS issues. Sorry for the details but I would need so many bathroom breaks and require clothing changes two or three times a day sometimes on heavy days.

I cannot sleep through the night for three to five nights before the bleeding starts. I have severe cramps that make me double over, and all I can do is take ** and lay down with a hot pack on my stomach. I also had unresolved mental health issues, so I met with a therapist and after only an intake, got severely misdiagnosed as Schizoaffective Bipolar and medicated heavily with antipsychotics that made me suicidal for the first time since I was seven and being bullied in school. I used to have severe chest pain and actually had gone to the hospital thinking I was having some sort of cardiac event. I actually had Borderline traits and an anxiety disorder, which I found out after I had gotten rejected for SSDI at the hearing level. I have insomnia, but it was much worse back then because of the medications. It is occasional now, and frequent during the week before my period.

I have an issue with my eyes that causes blood to hemorrhage into my retina unless I get expensive injections. I lose the very center of my vision in my left eye and the lower right peripheral in the right eye. At the time of my case, I also had a sleep disorder that would make me nod off in the middle of a conversation, without having known I was even tired. I filed, gathered medical information and mental health information, submitted it to a law firm who filed it, and of course got denied the first go. That took over two years, if I remember correctly. I also have fused vertebrae from a car wreck, but I never had surgery on my spine. I get stenosis in my right shoulder because the way it fused was just a little crooked, which narrowed the tunnel for the spinal cord or the nerves to the arm.

My appeal was scheduled for a high-rise office building in the middle of the city, Kansas City, during rush hour traffic, and I of course drove myself because I had no one to drive me, so by the time I arrived my foot pain was unbearable and I had tears and a red face and angina because I was in the midst of a panic attack. I couldn't sleep the night before, so I was extremely tired and edgy. I could barely contain my emotions during the hearing, with a judge from Arizona. My lawyer was late. At the end of the hearing, they could not find ONE job for someone with my limitations, and the lawyer said the appeal hearing with the judge went well.

When I finally got the denial letter, it actually said that my mental stuff was being handled because of the (horribly wrong!) medication and that my foot pain was because of plantar fasciitis (the foot required 8 hours of surgery and several bone grafts, when I finally convinced an orthopedic surgeon to get me an MRI after the denial) and also that my back surgery had fixed the pain in my spine. I NEVER EVEN HAD BACK SURGERY!!! So, I sent my lawyer the denial letter and they sent me a letter back after a month or so, stating that they filed a request for appeal with the Social Security Administration, and that the request had been DENIED. So, here is my theory.

I worked in pain all those years and paid into the system twice the amount of benefits that someone on SSI who has never worked would get each month. So they take our money, those of us who paid in, and deny us our benefits so they can use it to pay people who have never paid in. Then, they prolong the denial process for such a long time that your benefits go down because you aren't paying into the system anymore. People are living in tent cities and sleeping in greenways year after year and begging on street corners, and they worked all they could to pay their share into the coffers for when they needed it. Maybe their appeal judge didn't read their file or listen to them during their hearing, either. I think my denials were deliberate, and I have no legal recourse. It is egregious. I wouldn't even give them one star.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I have been calling SSA for months staying on hold 3-4 hours at a time until my phone dies on me. They never answered, they also reported me to the credit bureau and my credit score dropped I have been making my payments on time and we have a payment arrangements. They state I’m a 90 days behind on my payments but this is not true.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

My experience with San Luis Obispo. Ca. helping my 62 year old brother who is also disabled and a vet, he applied for his dad and was granted but because he was born in Germany they wanted proof he was a citizen. OK. His father was in the military stationed in Germany so my brother had automatic dual citizenship but not good enough. Went through two attorney and a immigration, attorney who did a pro-bono, and got all my brother info. Not good enough for them. My brother is in a wheelchair, homeless and we have been fighting this for 2 years. We are very upset at the way he got treated. End story - nothing - no money still. We need help.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

My review to keep getting benefits was in August but they wanted me to go to some audiologist 30 miles out of my way which I have no license nor gas money to pay anyone and I told them, the disability examiner's office, the Farmington Hills office and the main Pontiac office that I have no way of going to any interviews they need me to go to unless they help with transportation which they stated on one of the papers that if you need help with transportation let them know, which I did, 3 different buildings, 3 different voices I told through my Sprint relay for the deaf.

Now, I am lucky enough to record it all and via text through the relay, having said all that they told me they don't help with transportation, and they had to keep rescheduling the interviews because of their lack of communications with each other, they waited until the week of Thanksgiving, one week before my final appointment attempt to tell me they will help with transportation, which when I tried to call back, their office was closed the day after Thanksgiving. That pissed me off. The interview was set for Monday, and finally when I reached them, they said, "Ok we will reschedule it again and we will make sure you get a ride there too so you don't lose your benefits." My heart calm, my stress dropped, finally things are going right.

Now I wait for their paper on when the next appointment is and confirmation for a ride there. 3 weeks pass, I call them back and they told me they canceled my benefits and shut my case. What the **?! Imagine a man getting very silently angry that you do not want to be around them. Now because of this ** they didn't tell me anything by mail for a whole month until I called back demanding my payments to keep continuing and demanded an appeal, they sent me that and I filled it out which they got in January. It's February now, no closer to getting my benefits back on track, and I keep waiting for them to send me paperwork on what's going on because I am in the dark.

So far today I called them 4 times since 8 am and was forced to wait 45 minutes each time just to get to the bottom of things, I demanded to know where my appeal is and why my payments aren't back on for March like I was instructed to fill out a blank statement within the appeal, to keep getting my benefits. Yet they are too incompetent to read and sit on their hands all day collecting free money. I went to a hearing place nearby yesterday and got a hearing test done that they needed for free and it was right down the street from me, had I known I would have gone sooner, but that paper wasn't what they needed. Get this, they knew I am trying to keep my benefits, yet they tell me TODAY that I needed to turn in a 795 form already like months ago to not lose my benefits. Well had they told me about it already, I would have, even after the fact I already did something similar to the form on my appeal!

Pissed off, I printed out a 795 form, faxed both that and the disability proof paper from Miracle-Ear and I told them, "Call my relay number back asap once received." Now I wait, then I had to call them to find out why they didn't call back, and the damn rep kept giving me runarounds avoiding connecting me with the people I need to talk to, refused to give me her supervisor and refused to transfer me to a different rep and hung up on me, and when I called back, I spoke to a different rep and told them I need supervisor. I got him and told him what that rep did and apparently he said reps are not supposed to be like that to callers. And told me he will call me tomorrow once the Pontiac office opens, which I can't count on, because they say whatever they can to convince you all will be well just to end a call and go back to being lazy incompetent workers that they are.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

They don't care. Plain and simple. They will delay your checks and leave you in the dark. These people are cold and show no mercy. They will put you through hell just to appeal your rejection. May God have mercy on their so. Because I am NOT showing them any.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Called the customer service line for assistance with an SSA online account problem. Wait time was 29 minutes so I opted to have a return call which the system stated was a 15 minute call back time. Finally received a call back after 45 minutes which was answered by my assistant and needed to be transferred to my phone. The operator got extremely rude and upset because she needed to be transferred to my phone then she hung up. Update: Just called back and decided to wait on hold for an operator (wait time 40 minutes). After about 20 minutes on hold, the system automatically took me off hold and forwarded me to the survey you're supposed to take after you have spoken with a representative. Couldn't even answer the questions properly such as how respectful was the operator etc., because I never spoke with anyone? Major problems with SSA!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Seems like every few years, they send me review papers that look like freakish homework to do, not right, leave disabled and handicapped people alone. You can't expect miracles overnight be a regular person, it will always be forever disabled and handicapped for life. Please stop sending nonsense review papers, you crooks trying to lose our social security payments. Count on Social Security=Bullcrap and Lies, you don't care about us, shame on you! We need a caring, decent positive friendly people take over and do a better outstanding jobs.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I called one hour and 9 minutes before 7pm which is the time they stop receiving calls. I have been on hold for 1 hour and 34 minutes. It is past 7 pm by 27 minutes. Why won't they answer? Please have someone answer so I can conduct my business. I was not given the opportunity to enter my number in order for a callback. Thank you very much.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Damn morons. The Social Security site has been broken for close to four years with no one doing anything about it. It doesn't remember passwords and after two times clicking "Next" it locks up the account forcing you to call their disastrous phone center. I have called in the past and had an agent on the phone and reset my account in front of her - only to log out and re-log back in with her present AND STILL IT LOCKS UP. "Gee - I don't know what it could be" was her response. This was years ago. NOW when you call the number, it blurbs rhetoric for five minutes and then just says, "CALL BACK AT ANOTHER TIME. ALL AGENTS ARE BUSY." No nothing. That's it. Disgusting how this is allowed and continues and continues and continues.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I realize SSA staff is a overpaid under educated, but where does "rude" fit into their job qualifications? The Torrance, CA office is filled with the rudest people I have dealt with in my entire life. The security guard is polite, he's funny, he converses with the public. But the minute you meet a worker, your day will end with nothing but bitterness.

I am not going to go into my experiences in detail because there are too many. I am a Professional Licensed Conservator and have many clients that I deal with SSA on their behalf. After reading all the reviews on this website, I can relate to every one of them. My question is what can be done about this? These people are taking other lives to do what they want. Write our congressman? Complain to the SSA? What a joke. The true answer, I believe is nothing. There is nothing that can be done.

We as American citizens who pay this entity by law in good faith all of our working lives, all we get back is headache, ripped off, lied to, treated like dirt, and resulting in where we started at walking into this place. In this review, I stated I was not going into detail, however, I just want to mention 1 of my cases out of many, is a disabled man who has been waiting for his benefits since 2010. He just received his 1st check of 500.00 with no back pay. A ridiculous joke.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I had requested a callback as I received a bill for my first 3 months Medicare payments in advance. Last month I called about it (when I started Medicare) and was told I could pay as I go, not to worry about that letter. Then, a week ago I get a letter stating that I'm behind one payment, that my Medicare is going to be canceled and I need to pay thru APRIL in advance, plus the amount now due for January. ALL IN CAPS. ALL IN RED. And partial payment doesn't preclude cancellation. Pretty scary stuff.

So, I called on Friday to see what I could do about getting on monthly payments (I'm not taking SS yet, just Medicare). "The escalation team" called today, the "call back" that was promised last Friday. I'm glad I just happened to be able to answer the call. It started off okay, all the usual nonsense required (yet no ID from the CSR). When we got into the particulars, "I wasn't listening", "stop interrupting", "if you would just listen" in a sing-song voice like I was a child. I get annoyed, I get "If you raise your voice I will end this call"... "Hey, I'm not your husband...or your elderly grandfather." "We bill in advance," she stresses, "and you," she stresses, "owe blah blah blah..." Again the same information. No solution.

I finally yelled, "give me some respect for the sake of argument that I have sent in a past due payment, it's processing now..." I was put on the silent hold (you know where they just shut you out and you hear nothing...as a "diss") then came back, speaking slowly like I'm a moron, and says "if you do [this] and if you do [this] by [this] then the amount is [this]." I hung up. I will call later this evening when it's quieter and there isn't a "your wait time is 1 hour 45 minutes" then horrific hold music...but, man. Give someone a little power and they just decide they're going to be demeaning.

I have NEVER had an experience like that at the Soc Sec office. Always pleasant, helpful, courteous, even the wait has not been terrible... Is it because they are being required to work for free since the government is shut down? After reading many of these comments, I'm not sure. I've saved these notes should I have any other issues... To her, I'm sure I was just another old man who "didn't listen" to her condescending manner. You know, this is a phrase that is actually appropriate though she wasn't a man... "Mansplaining".

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

So I went over a month ago to the SSI office in Rapid City and was treated terribly after being given incomplete info on the phone about what I would need. Then after being told my mom(my payee) would need to call to officially change address after moving out of state, she did. Multiple times. To verify, we both had left messages and after a week neither of our calls was returned. I called today and no information has been changed. I have a doctor's appointment in 4 days with no Medicaid. Why after doing all that is required multiple times should I be hung out to dry? Why after talking to someone and giving them the info is it not being put into their system? This is ridiculous. It makes no sense. None.

I know they are overworked but that doesn’t explain why our information is not being logged at all. This affects my well being and is unacceptable. Not a single experience in my years on SSI with their employees has been positive. I am given either incomplete info or wrong info nearly every time. They never seem to get my address changed! This is not the first time I have had this problem! Yet, now moving out of state this is affecting my ability to get the help I need! There is no excuse for this inefficiency.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

SSI put my three checks in my old bank acct. I told SSI that the old bank acct was closed and I told one of the rep to mail my checks which he didn't. Then I told all three reps my new bank account when they did not put it in the system. Now that my old bank won't send my money back even if I kept asking. And SSI won't do nothing about it. Until me and my son will be out on the streets. I can't even buy food without that money.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I see - according to Google - the social security office in Mesa, AZ opens at 9:00am. I am on the phone - in need of confirmation of paperwork - and the automated system told me the "estimated wait time is 1 hour and 30 minutes". It is of my opinion that this is an inappropriate amount of time to wait, in order for the "hope" of speaking with someone. I called at the beginning of December 2018 and had a 45 minute wait. What happened when my call was connected? The person on the other end someone disconnected the line. Do mistakes happen? Of course they do but it is easy to reason that I am not the first person this has happened to. How many others have had this issue? At what point does a person start making formal complaints and where do they go to make them? Is there any place to go to advocate about this?

Dear Social Security Administration in Mesa, AZ... For whatever reasons you use to justify these long wait times please consider us who are waiting on the phone - please help us out! You know what companies I like calling? The ones who have a call back system - when my number is up - so we don't get disconnected or sit by the phone hoping it connects, at some point. I think the wait time should be reasonable - even 30 minutes is way too long in today's modern society - but that is just my personal opinion.

Does SSA in Mesa, AZ have an advocate person to talk to about this? Automated system just said, "We are sorry you are waiting so long." I don't feel that an automated voice can be sincere in saying "sorry" so, no - SSA in Mesa, AZ - that apology is not accepted. I am also a 100% permanent and totally disabled veteran and because the Phoenix VA system is what it is, I need access to outside healthcare - like the Medicare option - so I can get the services I need for getting injured in combat while serving the interests of the United States of America. Does anyone in SSA in Mesa, AZ ever read any of these reviews? Feel free to email me, ** or - better yet! - call my cell phone at **. My name is Jacob **. Thank you for helping us!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I'm a working class citizen with a disabled child and yet feel punished, and scrutinized for my child being disable. No one cares that you have to work to keep up with basic bills and cost of living. No one cares that my child is almost out of medication and can potentially die without it. The cost of her medication is outrageously expensive. Yet you're expected to call these ridiculous 800 telephone numbers that have you hold for hours on end or don't even answer at all. I'm very frustrated and disappointed with this system!!!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Tried to change address online but it would never recognize me as a current user. Tried several times and also tried my wife's data. Could not verify either of us. This was all going on while I waited in vain for a response to my telephone call. I was told that someone would be with me in 90 minutes. 90 Minutes! The recorded message was very polite as it apologized for keeping me waiting. I have no option but to go to the very busy local office -- just to change my address! They are making more work for themselves.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

This women answer the 800-772-1213 number at the SS office. She was rude, nasty and I guess she don't like her job. I ask well. I beg her to let me please talk to anybody else and she hung up. She said her name was Sharia. Shame on SS for having a person like that answering their phone lines.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I am a SSA male beneficiary. SSA sent recorded call to me one night saying they would call me the next day. The next day, a very rude gentleman called my house, never identified himself and asked for my wife. I asked, "Who is calling please?" He would not identify himself. He asked where my wife was and I said at work. Then he did the exasperation and I hung up. We get tons of calls from scammers acting and asking in this same manner. In any case, we do the appointment. The gentleman at the office was very nice and completed his part. Later, we needed to delete the premium for part 2 of Medicare part because I still have insurance left. So the SSA site says, "Just go online. No problem."

So we begin to fill out the retirement application before we discover it is a disability application. We try to delete the application and there is no delete - just save and exit. OK, so we exit without saving and try again. Same thing disability application. We would learn later that disability means you can't work anymore. So that's out. Now we are very afraid to use this site. I tried the walk in because they might let you in if not busy. Don't do this, the counter person only hears reschedule. Now the only reason for one star is the last counter lady was so unbelievably rude and cantankerous, deliberately misleading and confusing and changed my appointment date and type that I had to go back and get her to fix it. Then I was on the phone for two hours to confirm it was corrected. I am praying they will eventually privatize SSA and weed the bums out.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

As I read these horrible reviews of the SSA, I must state, each and every time I go into the SSA Office in Altoona Pennsylvania for ANYTHING, I am treated with dignity and respect. The last time I went in was October 2018, I received what was written on the letter as a "Overpayment" notice. Upon reviewing the letter, this debt was from 1980 when I was 11 years old. Someone had been collecting death benefits in my name at the time of my father's death. I simply notified them I was 11 years of age in 1980 when this debt was incurred and I received nothing, they were kind and courteous, entered a waiver on my behalf and kindly asked me if there was anything else they could do to assist me.

Anytime I deal with anyone, I use sir, ma'am, please and thank you. MUTUAL RESPECT does in fact make any social interaction much easier. I read the Security staff is throwing folks out just for asking a question, I DO NOT believe that for a minute if you are removed from a Federal facility, you are a danger to the facility and the people within.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I overdosed in April and from that Im unable to walk. I was approved for Disability. I went into the Winchester VA office to finalize my claim and start receiving my benefits. Ms. ** is the person who is handling my claim. She made several comments about me overdosing and how I shouldn't get any money. She was rude, yelling at me and talking down to me. I requested to speak with a supervisor and she refused to allow me to. Instead she walked up to the security guard and asked him to make me leave. There were no grounds for this but he said she asked him to do it so he had to. I've called 12 times in 3 months, she wont return my calls and I still havent received my money after 7 months. Avoid this office at ALL cost. They are crooked!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Yes I had got a back pay. They're only suppose to take out $40-$50 out of your check when you marry someone who is either on SSI or SSDI and you also get SSI. I got one from the local office but 2 in Indianapolis owe it and lied to Congress. Also they tell you to complain to them. They can't do anything about that. Give me what is owed. Do I need to get a lawyer to get it? I don't care how old it is. You still owe. Yes I complained to both offices about those back pays and they are still refusing to pay it and their abuse toward disabled people - that staff needs to get not only fired but a felony on their record for verbal abuse.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I couldn't remember my password for the SSA website. I requested a new one using the form provided. SSA said it would be sent to my email address. This never occurred. I tried several times over the course of a week. Nothing. I then tried to locate a website administrator link to report the problem. None. I then called the SSA phone number as soon as the office opened at 7:00 am. I was told by the recorded line that my wait would be two hours. Why even bother! This is one screwed up system that is obviously INTENTIONALLY designed to fail its customers. No doubt this is because its customers are not billionaires.

Social Security Administration Company Information