Social Security Administration

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The local SSA office in my community has some of the worst people on the planet employed there, along with others scattered across the country. Why do they lie so much, and some just simply refuse to do anything for you even after they call your name to come to the window. On Dec. 1, 2016 I went to the local office to, once again, update my banking information. Was called to window, file pulled up, then was told to go back up front and have a seat, when all he had to do was change a couple of sentences that was supposed to had been done almost a year ago but wasn't.

I have asked and mailed a request to go before an ALJ back on August 24, 2016 and was told it would take 3 months to happen. Well, now they don't even want to talk about. However, they can and will go to great lengths to cover their butts when they are caught in serious lies, and try to place the blame on the recipient. I have many boxes of lies and deceit that I want an ALJ to see. It seems though, all hope is in vain because look what they put in the White House to run this country. They don't even know where he come from.

My husband received a letter saying he owes almost $8,000 to SSI because he lived MD from 2013 to 2016. That information is incorrect so, I tried to call them to sort out the problem. I had his payee on the phone because it has not completely been changed to my name yet (we have been waiting for over a month for them to change this).

After waiting on hold for 45 min the lady who answers was kind of rude but I just wanted to get it taken care of before they close. 2 min in and she says I can't be on the phone even though the payee (his mom, my MIL) says she doesn't mind me hearing her information and she needs my help because she is at work. Representative says ok and proceeds. She asks for his SS# and I start to tell it to her when his mom doesn't know it and she flips out on me saying I am not allowed to talk and she will not take any information from me.

My MIL and I are trying to tell her she doesn't have his info because she gave it all off to me when we moved out of state and she gets hostile and starts yelling and saying I am trying to break the rules. I have had to take care of things several time on the phone and as long as either my husband or his payee is there and says they can speak in front of me it has not been a problem. I say I want to talk to a manager and she says she is a manager and proceeds to freak out. I said I want HER manager and she hangs up on us! Now I have to wait another 45 min at least and may have to wait until tomorrow since it is now so late. Then, the survey asks me if I selected to get a call back - I WAS NEVER OFFERED a call back!! On hold again right now and there was still no way to request a call back.

I called SSA on behalf of my disabled mother, to inquire about a returned social security payment that was not received due to an address change. I gave Shelly, the representative from the call center, all the updated account information and newly established bank account information for the monthly benefit to be deposited. She told me couldn't tell me when the check would be sent, although I explained to her that my mother was experiencing a financial hardship. She said all she could do was send a message to the payment center and hope for a response within 7 business days. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she refused and said I must go into a local office to make a complaint. How can a disabled woman that just suffered a stroke, and has financial burdens be expected to drag herself into an office to inquire about the returned check.

I repeatedly asked her to let me speak to a supervisor and she began antagonizing me asking why I want to speak with one because they were only going to tell me the same thing she told me. She then placed me on hold for several minutes and said the supervisor would call me back in an hour. Then she placed me on another hold and said it would be 24 hours before I was contacted. So, my mother still doesn't know when she will receive her "lost" social security payment. She also doesn't know how she will pay her utilities due to the lack of funds.

I went down to the Social Security Office to get a paper I needed. I took a number and waited patiently like everyone else. I had my 1 and a half year old daughter with me. I am a stay at home mom and I did not have a babysitter for her to go to. I am aware the Social Security gets very busy and waiting can be for quite a while. I made sure I brought with me plenty of things to keep her occupied for as long as I could. I was there for a little over an hour. There were two numbers ahead of mine. We would not have been there for much longer.

My daughter began to get bored and starting to cry. The security guard then came up to me and told me "if you can't keep your baby quiet then you need to leave!!" I was astonished by this!! Of course I wasn't going to argue with him so I took my daughter and I left. I just can't believe the complete disregard for me and my child. Babies get fussy especially a 1 and a half year old that's been sitting in a stroller for over an hour at an office.

Social security is absolutely a miserable place to deal with. Welcome to hell when you have to deal with them. I have been trying to fix a problem with them for four months, and they refuse to fix it. I have one incompetent, rude, nasty person after the next. They all gave me different instructions and when I follow them which take hours of work and tons of phone calls they tell me I'm doing the wrong thing. I Sat there the other day for three hours and still not resolved. I hate these people. They treat you like an animal with armed security guards. At this point I don't know who to turn to for help. Maybe my congressman can help me or an ss lawyer. I can't believe the way this government treats its own people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Social Security Administration?

I had an appointment on 9/6/16 at 11 am. I went to my appointment and gave my caseworker 4 paystubs for August including a document from my employer to which copies were made. On Sept 12, 2016 I received a letter along with the copies of all the documentation I provided on 9/6/16. Correspondence from them revealed incorrect information. When I contacted them they denied receiving any documentation from me. Wow they sent me the documents back but they say they never got them. How absolutely voiceless I feel. How can this nonsense stop if officials turn a blind eye.

I am disabled, burn survivor and back in September (2016) my husband walked out on me and then when that happened the SSA drastically cut my SSI monthly payments down from $755 to $235 a month now. How am I supposed to live on that? I strongly believe that the SSA is punishing me for my husband's walking out and that is unfair. I have tried repeatedly to work with the SSA to reinstate my original SSI amount but they have refused. So I was forced to contact as many of my representative in Washington DC and even they can't (more likely) won't help. They are useless. So now I have decided to write to the SSA commissioner. I am now waiting to hear from her. If she doesn't do something about this I am planning to have the SSA office where I live INVESTIGATED by a higher authority because something is wrong with what they are doing to me.

The SSA area bunch of criminals and thieves. I believe that more people should stand up and do whatever they can to fight back rather than just sit and complain about what the SSA is doing to them. One, two, three rejections for help doesn't mean you simply give up. If we all stand together we can make our politicians change the way SSA works and force them to actually help people rather than just throwing a monthly check at us to keep us quiet.

I believe that SSA should be more than a bank for us. It should actually help us live better lives by helping us get job training, and a good paying job, decent housing and money to pay the rent. The way the SSA works now doesn't really help anyone it just throws money at us to keep us in line. Well it's time for the SSA to be overhauled, investigated and the SSA employers and employees need to actually earn their paychecks and if they don't, can their sorry asses. Oh and they should have to earn the minimum wage and live on it as we do. I don't know about the rest of you but I've had enough of the SSA abuses and I intend to do whatever it takes to change the way it works!

I've went to the Gainesville FL social security administration office a few times to be seen by a caseworker & wow I never saw anything like it, the workers are very rude with nasty attitudes. They talk to the people being seen by them any kind a way from what I've seen & experienced myself, even when I've called to the office they still have a bad attitude, not to mention that when you go to the office you sit two or three hours or more before been seen & a lot of low life's hang around on the outside of the building. They need to shut that place down permanently.

Don't go above the case worker for what you are denied and due you with the Oak Ridge, Tn Social Security office. If you do you will have to go to the top to get it. The worker lie to you and have others lie to cover the lies they told. They act as if the money due you is coming out of their pocket!!!

Yes, I live in Indiana and I am tired of my SSI checks always getting cut either because I go to work or get married. They need to start changing the laws on that. Stop cutting people's SSI checks. If they get Social Security or SSDI those checks are never getting cut if they get an increase being on SSI and their spouse gets SSDI the person getting the SSI does not get an increase and that is ridiculous. How am I going to live $326 a month and have 2 bills and a loan to pay back and buy stuff for the home while living with in-laws and have no actual money left to live on the rest of the month. A complaint needs filed on the SSA Office and their workers and the President. The new one needs to change the laws on this. Pit it back to where it was long time ago and leave people's and including myself all the SSI checks the hell alone.

Anyone on Social Security hasn't gotten one cent in an increase since 2014. The GAO said there was no increase in the cost of living, so if you're retired, you don't need a cost of living increase (COLA). There is no COLA for 2017, again we don't need it since everything still costs the same as in 2014. What planet do they live on? Here on Earth, nothing stays the same. I know 3 people who are 79, 80 and 83 that had to go back to work to make ends meet. Apparently, government employees are getting paid plenty so the rest of us are totally ignored. Maybe when these people retire there will be no SSI, so I hope they are all investing wisely. I hate this government, but I love my country!

I am so frustrated. I tried to use the password I had saved, and the website would not recognize it. When I requested a new one, I decided to use the same password I had. The site then said I could not use the same password I had set up previously! So, I decided to start over & simply use the same original password. It would not recognize it again though & took me out of the system (You cannot try again after several tries.).

Then I tried to call & was told the wait would be about 45 minutes! (Even to get to that point to hear about the wait time, the automatic voice prompts would not let me advance unless I practically yelled out the answers!) I don't have that kind of time to wait 45 mins unfortunately. I am simply trying to apply online for my benefits! Even the local offices use the same 800 no. (800) 772-1213. I will try again the next day & request a completely new password...I long for the days when one could get a live person to answer the phone...

I received a letter 2/2015 from the social security administration stating that I owe them a very large overpayment. $98,000.000 and that's not including the benefits that were paid to my 4 children under my claim. After receiving the letter, I went straight to my local office to see what was going on. My caseworker informed me that my benefits were ceased in 2006. He told me that I have been getting benefits for 9 years and was not suppose to be getting them. Not to mention that I have had several medical and work reviews between the years of 2006-2015 and they all came back saying that I was eligible for benefits. My benefits were also stopped in 2008, I appealed it, won the appeal and received back pay from the appeal and my benefits were reinstated in 2009. So why they didn't find out about the overpayment back then, I'm not sure.

So my question to him and every other worker that I have talked to at the SSA was how did they let that go for so long without catching it and nobody can give me a solid answer on what happened in my case. I have showed them all of the letters that SSA have sent me to prove my point. I have talked to everyone from my local office, to the 800# reps, to a lady in Baton Rouge and to me all of them are giving me the runaround. I went to my local office 8/10/2016 and I was told that my case was reinstated in 7/2016 but it is still being processed in the payment center in Baltimore, MD. I explained to him that I have been going back and forth with them for almost 2 years and I am now in a dire need situation. Every time I call and talk to someone about my situation, I get a different story.

I think it is very unfair that the SSA can do this to people whom already have challenges and something needs to be done. I have contemplated suicide on several different occasions because I am beyond my breaking point. I have been suffering for almost 2 years for a mistake that clearly someone at the SSA has made and all they can tell me to do is be patient. That is a lot of money hanging over my head and I cannot just be patient. My next step is to get my state representative involved and see if they can help me because so far SSA has been no help to me.

I filed for Disability in 2014, after having a breakdown and leaving my job. At the time I was still in the National Guard, and trying to finish my 6 years, while trying to support myself and my now husband. I have always had problems, but for a couple years I seemed stable and doing fine, aside from minor hiccups. It started going downhill in 2012 due to a number of circumstances, and from then on, it just got worse. I have PTSD (childhood sexual trauma/violent trauma), Borderline personality disorder, dystima disorder, anxiety disorder, all very severe and requiring medication and therapy (the therapy isn't available in my area due to insurance coverage) on top of having a spine injury/knee injury (military related). All of these are documented, but each new doctor I get sent to seems to have differing opinions that caused some problems (i.e. being diagnosed with bipolar instead).

Since filing, I had to get a job a couple months after due to having no other income and was desperate. Ended up getting fired a few months later. Haven't been able to keep a job longer than 5 months because lack of appropriate treatment and inability to cope with the public. I was denied, and got an attorney to assist me, and got a court review. The judge was, to say the least, condescending with my case. I felt like I was treated like someone looking for a hand out, despite trying my hardest to be productive and having it thrown in my face. I was denied again, with the judge concluding that I could just take an office job. Not easy where I live when you not only have to compete for the job, but they require several years of experience.

I am still in the process if fighting for SSD, only to find out that my friend, who in the past four years developed Anxiety/depression, was fast tracked through all the paperwork, and approved on the first try. She had been working as well, as a CNA, a couple years before that before quitting her job. HOW THE HELL can someone, who has been suffering with illnesses like mine, who has had multiple hospitalizations, documentation, therapy sessions since the sixth grade, and proof be denied while someone who just developed problems only a few years ago be approved? Is it because I had to work (however short in duration they were)? Was it because at the time I couldn't afford therapy (and even now can't get in to see one due to insurance coverage)? I still can't get a job since no one is willing to hire someone who has these issues, which is understandable. It costs a business money if something goes wrong.

It may be me, but there seems to be a mixture of age discrimination there, as well as not taking mental illnesses seriously. You can't send someone to have a mental health evaluation for 30 mins and have a proper diagnosis (as well as that doctor is known to be a quack in our town and has a reputation of issuing incorrect diagnosis to patients). And simply denying over the fact that they have tried to work but either having to quit or get fired because of their medical problems? It's really, really sad seeing people take advantage of disability, while people with legitimate mental health problems are given this runaround.

I received a huge overpayment letter from the Social Security Office in Covington, GA who claims I didn't report my son's wages for the year of 2015 which I have provided proof. In meeting with Ms. ** in the office, she stated if I would provide proof of the letter stating I reporting my son's employment, then the office would wipe out the overpayment. I faxed over the letter and nothing was ever done, it was a lie this woman told me. In addition, I have requested a informal back in the first week of April 2016 and never had a meeting. In June of 2016, I went in and filed a complaint against the office, which I was given a reconsideration form to fill out to file a complaint which was ignored. I then went back into the office the first week of August 2016 which I just received a phone call about a consideration appointment which is unfair.

This office is doing something wrong and I know it and I believe my family has been targeted as a way to retrieve money which was not anything I have done illegal. In addition, I have contacted the OIG in Atlanta to get turned away. Afterwards, on this past Friday, I contacted the 1-800-772-1213 number to be pushed off to the Baltimore MD Central Office 410-965-8882 who sent me right back to a 877-873-8882 number which was back to the local office where I am having the issue with. These people are giving me the run around while this office is taking money from my son's SSI and now has sent me a letter of taking thirty-two dollars from his Disability Checks. These people are wrong and they need to be stopped!

They stole payments for me and my kids put me on exclusion lists - stole my savings earned during my trial work period. They were in cahoots with Bank of America which stole thousands of dollars. Made it so I couldn't close on my home that I was supposed to close on a day later. Harassed me. Made fun of my disabilities. Made it so me and my 5 children were homeless. Lied, lied, lied. False investigation, deformation of character, you name it they did it. Won't review statements showing missing payments. I could go on and on and no one helps. Petition this on FB social security administration corruption - 1,000 signatures to get the media involved and to protest.

Was almost killed in an auto accident on 4/1/1990. I received multiple skeletal injuries and fractures, including four spinal fractures, pelvic injury and a severe knee/leg injury. My right kidney has not been located yet. After finally getting assistance to get to the office, get in touch with a caseworker, complete, which was blatantly visible, the paperwork for disability, this caseworker started coming by the house (checking on me). It was one such visit when she told me, "Mr **, you better try to find work before SSA cut your benefits off". I still had braces on, could just barely stand with someone helping me, halo brace, etc. I tried anyway to follow her advice. A few companies let me ride with new employees to give them road advice but the work was just too demanding and I would be terminated.

I kept trying and kept failing because the work was just too hard and I was endangering myself too greatly. I just simply couldn't do the work anymore. But, as another act of so called democracy, SSA now says I owe them over $33,000 00 in overpayment!!! And they stopped my SSA benefits, and threw me onto SSI and now they have reduced my benefits down to less than a $120.00 per month. Is this the NWO that is being thrown around DC? Would my outcome have been better if I was from Syria, or hide my personal info from Federal Investigations? I'm also, an ex-marine, honorably discharged from the US Marine Corps. What is actually taking place in this country? How am I supposed to survive with this so-called benefit? I rest my case. I leave you with this: I know where I was born, I know when I was born, I also know right from wrong, and wasn't ever a habitual liar, for any reason. Thank you.

I called the Social Security Administration office regarding my father's retirement payment. We received a letter about his payment date, it's been almost over a month but he still hasn't receive his payment. I waited on the phone for over 30 minutes. Finally I got to speak to someone, and that woman said she couldn't open his account because he was not there with me... Duh, I was at work. Then she hung up on me without directing me to the right person who can help me with this. All I needed to find out why he still hasn't received his payment. You people are getting paid by citizens' tax and their hard work earnings, but refused to pay their retirement payment, then acted so rude like you are everything.

I have applied for Social Security September of 2012. Hired an attorney from Raleigh. I had a hearing which was overdue in February only to get denied. I've had 2 fusions c5-c6 on my neck, wrist fusion on my right hand, RA, high blood pressure, cholesterol, border line diabetic. Every day I make myself get up to just do the basics, it's difficult to make it through the day. I've worked most of my life.

For the life of me I do not understand why this system just doesn't work. I don't know whether they just discriminate on who they want. I am of spanish heritage. It makes me feel unworthy and depressed everyday to know that this is what people go through. I would have never imagine it because I never thought I would be one of them. I pray that I can get my disability but when I see what goes on it amazes me. The judge that heard my case denied me because there were 2 jobs that I should be able to do which at that time I did not know were the last 2 jobs I came off and cannot do. It's a shame Social Security is run by discriminatory idiots. The more they denied people the longer they keep their jobs doing the same crap over and over again. We the people should protest.

Does SS delays, denies earning statements, it's a game CEO's, abuse of power of by men to TI disabled, elderly, etc? Yes, bullying poor disadvantaged using systems to deny assistance programs part of duties? Power companies work with Social Security to not send earnings to disability discriminate and cut off power, water, premeditated murder, no one cares in best interest to cause food loses to benefit food industry payoffs links to shareholder stock markets, real estate, gentrification, etc... Studied clinical psych, doctor forced out of education in 2013 due to discrimination, denied complaints. Denied by congress assistance as constituent due to discrimination even former governor office official employed at numerous state agencies denied lawsuits, forced into poverty denied torts, compensation for benefits cut off twice due to TPS, Child Support. Wa is a Kids for Cas State unregulated.

SS violated privacy medical and refuses to compensate, denies kids benefits who do not graduate on time removes benefits and wit proof of enrollment, denied SSI due and does not include behavior suspensions, etc towards benefits decisions and targets kids for shareholders' industrial complex industry. Denies back pay and full amount benefit if you review your statements, lack of yrs work earnings disregarded to lower benefits, denied reviews, disability, student loan discharges delayed, denied deliberately due to disability discrimination, retaliation. Denies kids medical, SSI, both parents' SS benefits for disability only due to civil and human rights violations. Denies ability to email documents, complaints, denies contact emails and is out of technology.

This past week I was a victim of identity theft. I have a direct express debit card that my Social Security disability income goes on. Sunday July 3, 2016 I called in to get my balance and all of a sudden it was down to zero dollars. I was stunned. I got nothing but the run around from Direct Express debit card services when I called several times and got nowhere. I filed a police report which did nothing because I live in another state from where the crime occurred. I called the store in the other state that it happened at and they refused to stop the "pending charges" because they would have to take a loss is what their loss prevention department told me. I finally was at my wits end on what to do because now I had no money to live on.

I called the 800 number for Social Security and was told "don't worry just go into your local office and request a "critical payment" and when you get the money back on your card just pay back the critical payment." I was so relieved to know I would be ok because I had a whole month to live and no money after this happened to me. I went down to my local Social Security office and was told by the worker I saw that they don't do that and he doesn't know why they would even tell me to go down there at all.

He told me to go have a seat and I could talk to a manager about it. I waited for an hour and a half and the manager was a total witch to me. She told me that "she knows me" and has dealt with me before. She accused me of doing this before which was a complete lie. I cried in front of her and she just said they were not going to give me anything.

I told her I have no money to live on. She said I have done this before. I asked her to look into my Social Security records and tell me exactly the date I have requested this before because I didn't even know what a critical payment was until the 800 number told me to go do it. She said she is not going to be looking up anything and they won't do that for me. I asked her if she was refusing to look up my records for me? She said she wasn't refusing to do anything and she won't be doing that for me. I then asked how I file a grievance against her. She told me to go look on the back wall for the information. I asked her to go get it for me and she told me no I can go get it.

I told her I was disabled and needed her assistance in finding it. She finally went and got it for me. It was a form saying "how are we doing?" I could not believe this woman and the abuse she subjected me to and she brings me some little survey asking "how are we doing?" Then the security guard stood up and walked behind me standing there. I asked if they were trying to intimidate me and if this is what they do to people that question anything. She said she wasn't doing anything to me and she will not be giving me any payment. I left distraught and even contemplated suicide over this. I got nowhere in trying to receive help when I was desperate.

This office has a history of being abusive to people. I went home and wrote a letter of discriminatory complaint to the Social Security administration about the manager and her employee being abusive to me and refusing to help me in my dire need. I called the 800 number back that told me to go there for the "critical payment" and now am told it is up to the discretion of the office to help you. The man on the phone said there must have been some reason that they would not help you? I am shocked they can treat people like this. I ended up going on Facebook and posting about the identity theft and finally the bank that issues the card responded and got my money back to my account. Normally it takes up to 45 to 90 days but I guess posting on Facebook helped me cause.

Social Security should be ashamed of themselves for how they treated me. I even said to the worker I first talked to should I just go off myself because I have no money to live on now and he could have cared less. It is disgraceful how you are treated in our country when you are poor. And Social Security claims they give exceptional service. I no longer trust my local office. I fear going in there now because of the manager having it in for me.

I had to pick up a verification letter from Social Security. I have picked one up in the past at Chelsea and Lynn, both in Mass. I was in Lowell, MA, took two hours to pick up a report that took an average of 15 minutes at other offices!

I have been suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder from how we were treated by Social Security many years ago. We were bullied to an extreme degree, and lied to, through omission. I was sent checks for a number of months after I started working, despite having informed them many times. They finally stopped the checks. I had to move, and I was out of work again. I was sick and in a very traumatic state (due to family abuse) to begin with. Three years later, I was sent an overpayment notice punitively for sending in a change of address card, after being treated rudely on the phone. I refused to pay, because of the bullying nature of it (they were completely at fault in this, and then some), then they held my father's social security ransom for it, without any disclosure at all that he was liable.

This involved deliberate negligence on the part of the Richmond California office. We were also treated with rudeness; their communication was incoherent and cryptic, and absolutely NO quality control, and we were even framed. I was in such a traumatic state that I didn’t (couldn’t) pursue legal help. I suspect there are many more beneficiaries who cannot fight back because of their own illness which they take advantage of. There should be no excuse for making overpayments due to administrative negligence. Why can't those who responsible for it be made to own up to it? Why can't they be made to pay out of their own salary? Why can't they be the first ones under scrutiny, as they should be, in a reconsideration? (It is a process which puts us through hell.) We experienced bullying at its worst, and to this day I feel really violated.

I am on the autism spectrum. I have a very traumatic past involving bullying and family abuse. In the way of bullying, this was yet the worst I had ever experienced. What I experienced was far from a humane caring organization – what I saw was a dictatorially run organization, an uncaring monolith which could not be touched, against which we have no voice and are powerless and one which deals with their own dysfunctionality and lack of competence by use of brutality, dishonesty, and covering up to the public. I think that having no social security system at all would be better than this because there is nothing worse than being lied to, misrepresented, being treated with ill respect, and being forced against one’s will to patronize such a system.

100 percent disabled veteran who went in front of Mrs. ** in Tampa Florida. After the hearing, she is attempting to enter an opinion that goes against everything my files show in attempt to deny me benefits. The fact she is entering this after the hearing so my lawyer can not cross-examine this random expert shows how sneaky she is. Looking at her numbers she approves close to the least amount of people in both states that she operates. According to the law, ALJ judges are suppose to give great weight to VA disability findings. Instead, she is looking for any way to deny me. I have been in contact with state legislators who are investigating the matter.

It is a sad world when a veteran risks their life for a country and returns a shell of what they once were only to have to fight for a judge to believe in an already VA determined 100 percent disability. This needs to change and I will help change this law. We need new laws to support our wounded veterans and ALJ judges need to be held accountable for going against the SSDI veteran laws. This practice is a disgrace on veterans. What she did in my opinion is a disgrace and I am glad the state is looking into this matter to help other veterans in the future. We deserve better. Good luck to anyone seeing this judge who is a veteran. You have an uphill battle.

I'm thinking of declaring war against SSA. Yes real life killing people WAR! Got your attention? Good! Now let me tell you how they ruined my life... This started when I was homeless in 2010-2011 finishing my bachelor's degree during my last quarter. I was receiving letters saying I was getting overpayments (direct deposit). Of course I didn't know about the letters because... well... I WAS HOMELESS!

I had got a job during 2nd quarter of 2011 after I graduated, and got my first (really crappy roach infested cheapest) apartment. Upon getting the job I visited their office and told them they can stop payments because I have a job now. They agreed (not telling me anything about the overpayments). Then they just asked for my address and I gave it to them.

About 2 months later I started receiving letters saying I owe them $8,673 dollars of overpayments for 2010. I called them asking if there was some sort of mistake, and they said no, and I also owe an additional $5,700 for SSI. I went down to their office explaining my situation and they gave me the option to file for an appeal, or file for a waiver. I tried filing a waiver, and they said it will take up to 3 months before I get a response. They told me I can continue to ignore the overpayment letters until this waiver gets filed. 6 months later (along with several checkup visits), I still received no update, and was continuing to getting threatening letters of garnishments. During my working period, I built up a credit score of 829 (with a perfect record of no late payments).

In the mid of 2012, I had lost my job and paid off my credit card (to ensure I would not be in any debt that could ruin my credit). I had been given the opportunity to move back in with my mother, and I took it. I went to the SSA offices after the move, and showed them what was going on. They gave me the option to file for an appeal, and I did. I got a phone call from one of the SSA reps who wanted to hear my side of the story. He said he would talk to them to try and straighten this out, and "it sounds like they don't know what they are doing, especially since you were homeless during those overpayments". 2 weeks later he called back and said he cancelled the court date, and cleared everything up so I won't hear from them again.

During the duration of living with my mother I had $0 income for 6 months. I was literally on my last $10 and had finished closing my bank account 3 days before I got offered another job. After 3 months of the new job, I moved back out into a room for rent (to stop the 1hr commute from my mother's). I got another letter (sent to my mother's address when I went to visit her), and it said if I don't pay back the amount of $14,000, they will start garnishing my wages, and they don't need proof or a court order to start the garnishments according to an act in 1996.

In 2013, I started to notice garnishments happening to my paycheck by 25%! I went to their office, and the lady told me because I failed to contact them about the overpayments from 2011, they will continue to garnish my wages until the amount of $21,000 (what the **? How did this amount increase $7,000 when I hadn't been paid anything since 2010!?) was paid off. I told her "I have been in contact with your guys' offices, and you guys told me it was dealt with and over." She said "we have no records of this." I told her "I will be suing your offices." Her response was "good luck."

10 months later after working 100hrs a week while trying to juggle finding a lawyer and getting together documents of all the SSA stuff, I couldn't afford the garnishments and was on the brink of being homeless again. I found an organization of disability rights act and they said they don't have any lawyers to help with a case like this, but they recommended me contacting my congressional representative. I did so, and the guy who agreed to take the case was named Anthony. He was able to get SSA to stop the garnishments, however the debt was still owed (and was $24,000. What the **. They stole $8000 from me and the amount I owed increased!?). 2 years and 400 emails back and forth later, the congressional rep said he was moving to Washington and had reassigned me to another rep.

After the stress of getting nowhere in 4 years, and the overwork with no extra hours paid for, I quit my job. I was on the brink of death (health wise). I had moved back in with my mother and devoted my full attention at trying to close this charade. 5 months later after talking to the new reps (for both congress and SSA) I realized all the work over last 4 years was for nothing and I was back at square 1. All I had was 3 gigabytes of recorded data showing how they are wrong and why I don't owe them anything. After the continued harassment of letters, I read online it was possible to file for bankruptcy. I thought to myself why not? They already destroyed my credit score (was 829, but went to 609 after the garnishments, and only thing I have bad payments on was SSA Offices). So I did. I hired an attorney and filed chapter 7 bankruptcy against SSA.

A month ago I received another letter from SSA. They said they just used my payments to pay off overpayments, and that I now owe for these overpayments. I contacted my lawyer and he said well this is a loophole and there is nothing he can do about this. I've snapped. I'm about to go postal. Is there anyone who can help me! IF SSA WON'T ALLOW ME TO WORK AND SUPPORT MYSELF I DON'T SEE ANY OTHER ALTERNATIVE THAN TO GET VIOLENT AND DECLARE WAR!

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 1:42 pm, Albert ** wrote: These issues continue to be ignored and delayed. Of many reasons our situation of reducing or eliminating our income on behalf of the records that show in your system are wrong. You are not even close to having sympathy for any of us the 1% of the low-class citizens. I will find the people in charge. It will take time, but when this is all said and done, I will cause justice to all, and I will go over your head if need arises. What both of us get isn't enough, to survive off of or support the rent of housing. The policies that were made have been a mistake. I will enlighten all of you. Until this matter is resolved employment will be jeopardized for all who receive this message.

I have no concern for those of you who lose employment because of this major concern of the many who have lost their lives due to shortage of income, health hazards, etc. I hope everyone who reads this, their employment will be permanently lost. If only you can imagine the property people have lost over the social security administration, DSS, and the court system. The low-class citizens and veterans continue to struggle and survive out of shelters and missions everywhere, and they continue to stay in operation.

Whether you decide to help with this matter or not. I hope that your employment will be lost along with the rest. Our income ain't enough to satisfy a motel room, month to month basis. It's not your concern. So please don't try to sympathize of our pain of what we have lost. You and your supervisors and the taxpayers that support your payroll, should be cut from employment permanently. The media refuses to cover this matter. The middle and high class ignores this problem as a whole. When I find the solution to this matter, don't be surprised if your employment is jeopardized.

Terrorism is a must in your eyes along with everyone that is supported by taxpayers. You come live in our shoes for a week. You won't tolerate it for a day. Trust me on this. You have any idea of how many lawyers have refused our cases/claims, and our appeals go out the window. They get lost in the clutter. Don't exist to any of you. When judgment comes your way. I hope nightmares begin to haunt you every day, until this matter is resolved. A lawsuit will be placed on DSS, and the social security administration for removing our benefits that rightfully belong to us. I have every intention on bringing justice to all who ignore this message. We are being forced to pay back to what they claim we owe. No one talks or even mentions the enormous amount of funding that is donated to terrorism.

My daughter that is in the hands of the sperm donor's relatives, the courts refuse to assist us. DSS won't help at all. Every time we try to confront the matter to the supervisors, the sheriff's dept is called in. For what? Am I that much of a threat to the system? I promise all of you. I will jeopardize your employment if that's the last I do. Permanently for those who choose to ignore this matter.

No help other than it's gone from 2001-2009 and went to repayee benefits management corporation and life. Account manager **. The last times I took out money was a $20.00. When a lady from up in the middle of the bank came over demanding to know what we were doing, mall side of bank out blt with money but the gal I was doing biz with pushed a button or two and said her job and what do you want to the other gal? The other was account checking into 390.00 - at least a yellow haired gal back in 2001-2005!?? Where's my account please? Haven't used account since 2004-5!

The SS and Medicare departments are intricately tied together, but did you know they have no way of directly contacting inside each other? I found out the hard way when trying to resolve an issue. Social Security was blaming Medicare and Medicare was blaming SS. Due to unforeseen circumstances a check I wrote got lost in the mail, and then because I was traveling and not getting mail, I ended up having my Medicare part b canceled. When I got home and realized what happened, went to my local SS who after 2 days of reviewing my issue, agreed to reinstate me to part B. I gave them a check for the missing amounts. I was told this would take about 2 weeks. Medicare cashed the check on March 1st. It is now mid April and I still have not been reinstated.

I have been told this is in process. Neither Medicare or SS will give me any kind of written documentation of what I have been told, so I can't seek any new medical services, as these will not be processed until my reinstatement goes through. I am told the bottleneck is at the processing center. Though SS said it should take 2 weeks, according to Medicare it can take up to 60 days from when the processing center starts working on it. Even though I gave check to Medicare on February 11th, the processing center didn't start working on until March 10th, and that is only because I called on March 8th to complain that my reinstatement had not come through yet. So starting on the 10th they are telling me that I should have it by May 10th.

That is approximately 3 months from when I was approved for reinstatement. I understand that these are busy organizations but 3 months for a reinstatement? And their absolute refusal to give me any kind of assurance in writing. This is not only cruel and unusual treatment, this is actually a matter of life and death. These departments should be ashamed they treat us the citizens like this. This is not a favor they are doing for me, I paid for these benefits my entire working life, and now I am treated like a non entity. Shame on SS. Shame on Medicare.

In May 2015, I applied for social security retirement. I chose to begin receiving benefits in August. However, in July I received a contract job offer so I contacted my local SS office right away and was advised to fill out a cancellation form and mail it to my local SS office for processing. I did so immediately and assumed they would do their job. In October I checked my online bank account and discovered that SS had been putting money in my account every month since August despite the fact that I had informed them by phone and in writing that I was working and how much I earned. No one had processed the cancellation. I requested a second form and took it to my local SS office in my own hot little hands and they still refused to process it. They continued putting money in my account until I brought the entire $3,352 in CASH (they refused to any other payment method) and then they sent me home WITHOUT A RECEIPT!

I had to go through the congressman's office to get a receipt. It took until January for them to process the cancellation and provide a receipt for the cash repayment I hand-carried to their office. That's not even the worst part. Right before Christmas, my contract job ended and I had to RE-APPLY for my social security retirement. I was advised to apply in person, not online, to avoid further issues so I went down and applied the first week of January. My claim was initially denied simply because they were still in the process of cancelling the earlier claim that I had cancelled in writing in July! Again, I was advised to return to my local office to re-apply for SS retirement, which I did in February.

My local office in Oak Ridge, TN sat on the application for a month before forwarding it to the processing center (according to the processing center). It has been sitting in the processing center ever since. This morning I called the main number for my area in East Tennessee to check on the status not once but TWICE. Both times, I was stuck out on hold and sent to a telephone survey without anyone helping me. This information needs to go on the front pages of all the newspapers in Washington D.C. and every state capital until something is done about it. Our social security is in complete chaos with rude, unprofessional employees that refuse to help you. And these are the people I've been giving my taxes to all of these years!

The Social Security Administration makes up their own rules and plays God with people! They do not think of anyone, but their own jobs and leave people on the street if they think the receiver of benefits are lying or have secret jobs, instead of simply running their social security number to verify their suspicions. I am sick with heart problems, back problems and brain aneurysms that unable me to work any job, plus I live in a different country which I reported. I can understand if they lower my payments received until they verify the truth, but the Social Security Administration left me with nothing to buy food with.

The computer is a place where they can write and post messages to all that receive social security benefits, but they did not bother to post warnings that my benefits will be suspended. I don't want people to suffer so I suggest you do something to protect people as to the power of our US Constitution! The Social Security Administration has no right to stop benefits for any reason! That money is ours and we earned it. The consequences? No food, and now I will be left with nothing!

Social Security Administration Company Profile