2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.52/5

Social Security Administration Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Social Security Administration?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Social Security Administration?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

???? | Social Security Administration review from Parkersburg, West Virginia. After 16 years on total disability 13 of which I was receiving ongoing SSI and SSDI (non-work related) injuries also receiving Medicare part A and B - were unlawfully stopped. I disabled myself was not injured on the job. I requested medical records from 2005 disability case - I received form (SSA-454-BK). I have never seen this form before - looking up the form found that SSA-454-BK is when you file a Workers Compensation SSD Claim. Refused to fill out the form - contacted SSA. They refused to correct the mistake. Looking over SSA Laws not only was I being blatantly robbed from back pay - Robbed of $200 - $300 a month on top of being robbed on Compassionate allowance.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I called regarding end of year benefits statement for my husband. Was told they were being mailed out. Here it is the 24th of Jan and still no statement. Can not file taxes without info. Needs to post them online.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

In January 2019, I applied for retirement benefits. It is now January 2020 and I still am not receiving benefits. I paid in for over 50 years and have nothing to show for it! This Department should be privatized, the laws should be rewritten and 1/2 of the employees should be fired! Paying benefits is NOT rocket science!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

From Brooklyn, NY. My daughter's SSI and Medicare were cancelled on December 2019 while she was in the hospital. Apparently, the Medical Review papers were mailed to her, but she never received them. NOT HER FAULT. Since then, we've both been trying to get a decent live person to speak with, to help get this processed and her services reactivated. On the phone, we've had hangups, wrong transfers, and outright rude behavior from clerks and general personnel. My daughter's disability impedes her from going physically to the offices. She wears an adult diaper, She has severe Crohn's disease. She can't sit nor stand for long periods without massive pain and frequent runs to a bathroom, or an accident ensues.

She asks for a home visit, which is no longer a provided service. She can't make doctors' appts or get prescriptions without insurance. She's caught in a medically dangerous situation created by a broken and lazy system. These are not public servants, when they behave like illiterate hillbillies. An utter tragedy for the consumer who's physically disabled. I hope one of those cave dwellers read my complaint here. My daughter's suffering is on you, and don't think I won't act on it.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

SSA is one of the biggest scams... They are understaffed and hired more often than not to be heartless psychopaths. I called to update my address... And am guided to the web site, which won't work, though when I went in last month, they said it should. So I called this morning at 8am and told SSA is closed. It is Mon Dec 30. On the official web site this is a workday. I kept calling getting the message SSA is closed. I called at 11:30 and get the outgoing message "there is no one available to take your call, goodbye." The govt makes it extremely EXTREMELY difficult for the disabled to jump through the insane cruel hoops to do what is easy in other dimensions, in the private world. Almighty God will have His vengeance on satan and his minions.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I received a letter stating that my daughter wasn't getting her SSI benefits for December due to an underpayment paid to her that's from my social security record that was paid in October. I have not received an underpayment in October. When I call don't nobody know anything? When I go to the local office nobody knows nothing. All they can tell me is give the payment processing center 60 days. What! The local office never want you to speak with a supervisor. All I'm saying is you took money that she was entitled to because of money you say you sent her but didn't.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

I originally contacted the 18007721213 at 10:45am. After waiting for 52 min. to talk to someone got a seemingly nice guy on the line to answer the questions I had about my son's account. After about 10 min or less the line went blank in the middle of him talking. I stay on the line thinking he hit mute but no. Seconds later the call was lost. I call back. This time waiting 102 min on hold. Already frustrated but still being polite. I got a very rude lady on the line who asked me questions about my information then had me repeat the same questions on my son. Then she went on to let me know that I was not to contact the help line! Is the help line not for the online service help! This lady had enraged me after being in line waiting on hold for 2 hours! I have wasted hours and got nothing accomplished. Thank you very much lady who needs to be trained better in what customer service should be like.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I have a had an increasingly nightmarish experience with Social Security. Over a year ago my wife was diagnosed with a grade 3 breast cancer tumor (very aggressive tumor). She had to have a double mastectomy, chemotherapy for over a year, radiation and now hormone therapy; otherwise she would already be dead! She still can't return to work. Her disability insurance company requires that we keep on applying with SS. So we have tried twice and been turned down by SS (they want someone who will be getting benefits for more than a year and we don't know how long she will need to be off work) and the latest rejection one was mailed to us but we didn't get it, so by the time we found out, it was too late to appeal.

So had to start over. Yes, start over! Not easy since my wife is quite weak from 14 months of chemo, so we tried online. Oh dear, No luck. So we called and after waiting 45 minutes got someone who could not help us do the online application. So we went to the local office and waited 2 1/2 hours for basically nothing. The woman at the window got rid of us ASAP, telling us we would get the rejection letter, which we did. We have a contact there at the office but wasn't able to see him, but later called him after we got home empty-handed. He said we would have to come in and wait to see someone and get the papers and set up an appointment. Really? (I feel like we are being given the run-around.)

Let's see, my wife and I both pay our taxes and our Social Security, but we feel like aliens. She is a cancer patient fighting for her life. Something is really wrong with this picture!!! She won't go to the Social Security office again and who can blame her? She's trying to overcome cancer and sitting in that office for hours on uncomfortable chairs or standing outside is taxing to say the least. I have to get off work each time so I can be with her because I don't want her to try to face that mess alone.

My only option seems to be to call again and see if I can find someone who has the common sense and decency to mail us a disability application so the dear sweet disability insurance company (The Hartford) won't go ballistic. (Oh yeah, the last time we called SS the next day we got 12 spam calls from supposedly the Social Security people. My word!) I am very very frustrated with how this has played out so far. Can someone help us? Please. By the way, your online service is really pathetic! For heaven sake, put more space in your address space for starters.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Abuse of the disabled. 6 problems. They sent me a letter telling me to call them, but the number on the letter is the wrong number. The extension on the letter is the wrong number. The appointment time was for before they even open the office, someone from there had called me, but they hung up on me, and finally, they turned off my benefits for a month just because my landlord hadn't taken my rent payment, and finally, they say I owe them $2,570 because of donations my parents made to a non-profit organization. I am told that I'm due for a re-evaluation, but seems like they can't get the job done. I will have my SSI taken away and it will be their fault, 4 fold. I will try a 3rd time tomorrow, but they told me to my face that they don't care if I end up homeless because of this.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I got letter aug 15th and it nov 23 and I haven't got my excess premiums refund where I canceled part b yet. Letter said soon, the Social Security Administration said they sent payment center messages but no answer and their boss sent a email. They said the boss there. Why is it taking so long to get the Social Security Administration? Said they cant release the money. Payment center has to send it cms the money was release back to them. So why haven't I got it? They get upset if you call check on it. They told me to just wait on it. They're rude, they dont want to help. Get runaround. They need people who care help.

Social Security Administration Company Information