3.00/5
Based on 6 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

6 SenecaOne Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

SenecaOne sent me a letter from their "affiliates" Fast Annuity Advance. This letter clearly states if you call and verify you have at least $50,000 in remaining annuity payments, they will send you $499.00, no strings attached, no catch just simply verify your payments and they will wire you $499.00 the same day. This letter states this is not a loan, no credit is required and you do not have to sell payments to receive this money. Well, Well.

I called with the mindset that if this is legit, SenecaOne would definitely earn my business in the future. Not legit at all! Everything this letter stated about this $499.00 was exactly the opposite. It is a loan and you do have to sell your payments to them to receive anything from them. Whats special about that? I can get a cash advance from any company I sell to. This letter was just blatant false advertisement. In this business, integrity is everything, people have died for us to receive these payments. I will never conduct my business with this company.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Customer service was awesome. They provided me with everything I needed to know plus more so I'm very satisfied with the customer service information. The purchase price was everything because it fit just right in my purchase decision. I had enough of the money just for everything so the price was great. I'm very happy about my discounts but I really don't get much of them but it's still great having discounts when it's needed but I love discounts. They are great. I would recommend the additional fees only if it's required but other than that I really hate it when they tell us it's extra we gotta pay for with all the extra additional fees.

Get expert buying tips about Structured Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

The customer service rep was as helpful as he could be but in the end it wasn't enough to help me. I ended up being transferred to a different department. They have some decent prices but most are quite expensive. I was not satisfied with the quote that was given to me. I wasn't offered any discounts. I was told one price and that was it. They transferred me to many different reps that couldn't help at all so in the end I didnt use them. They tried to add more fees to my total bill but I refused their service. I wouldn't recommend them and I wouldn't use them again. That's just based on one bad experience.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

The customer service was fantastic, by far the best. I am so happy to be with the company like this. It is truly like no other. They were so helpful and full of knowledge to make my experience so much better. Such a low cost versus other brands. The value was amazing and affordable. Even if you have a low income you can afford this. There are always discounts and coupons and that is the best part. I always love a good coupon. You can't beat this company's deals and discounts. Anyone is lucky to be with this company. There weren't too many additional fees and that is the best part. No one wants to be hit them and this company doesn't hit you with surprises and fees you don't want.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

Customer service was kind and did their job. Didn't go above and beyond, but didn't do anything to frustrate or annoy me either. Overall I'm satisfied. Purchase price could always be better. Here I am somewhat dissatisfied and would love to see a better purchase price but other than that I am pleased. There are a fair amount of discounts to offset said purchase price so here I am satisfied. Although I wouldn't complain if more discounts were offered. There are some additional fees but not a whole lot, and much less than competing companies. All in all I am satisfied with the additional fees, they are no burden at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SenecaOne?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2016

Customer service was awesome. They provided me with everything I needed to know plus more so I'm very satisfied with the customer service information. The purchase price was everything because it fit just right in my purchase decision. I had enough of the money just for everything so the price was great. I'm very happy about my discounts but I really don't get much of them but it's still great having discounts when it's needed but I love discounts - they are great. I would recommend the additional fees only if it's required but other than that I really hate it when they tell us it's extra we gotta pay for with all the extra additional fees.

SenecaOne expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Located in Bethesda, Maryland, SenecaOne has been in business for over 20 years. SenecaOne promises not only to guide consumers through the settlement sales process, but also to provide financial counseling to help customers reach long-term financial goals.

• Quick access to funds: SenecaOne offers a $5K Right Away program for qualified consumers to obtain $5,000 toward their settlement purchase in as little as 24 hours.

• One-to-one service guarantee: Seneca has developed a set of guarantees for its customer service, including 15 minute wait time for telephone callbacks during certain hours, no pressure sales tactics and fast approvals.

• Cash advance: Some customers who meet certain qualifications may be able to obtain a cash advance on their final payment ahead of approval. SenecaOne has a proprietary product called Instant Advance™ that can provide a check or wire transfer in as little as 24 hours.

• Pre-paid Mastercard: Consumers who have been approved can have their funds loaded onto a SenecaOne PrePaid MasterCard rather than deposited into a bank account. This can allow access to funds faster.

• Dedicated structured settlement service: SenecaOne has separated their structured settlement services from their lottery winnings services with a dedicated toll-free phone number to structured settlement account executives.

• Best for: consumers with structured settlements and those with lottery or contest winnings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs