Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.82/5

ProtectMyID Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProtectMyID?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProtectMyID?

Original review: May 9, 2020

They're ok but seems to be a day or two late to notice you on any action on your credit report and the longer I have had it the less notice I get from them. I got this free with a purchase so not sure if that is why but I would not pay for this.

Original review: May 7, 2020

As an overall company I would rate these guys 4 out of 5. It would be 5 out of 5 if the customer service would become more informed of what they are supposed to be there to help with, then they would represent the company more accurately. Other than that everything looks great. Website is a pleasure to navigate and looks clean and professional. With so many result options to choose from that I almost could not decide what one to pick.

Get buying tips about Identity Theft Protection delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2020

ProtectMyID is offered by the Auto Club as an additional benefit. Considering the price of equivalent services runs from $10-$20 a month on its own, the inclusion of this at no additional cost makes an Auto Club membership even more valuable. The service includes Dark Web, SSN, Credit Report and other monitoring and sends a monthly report at a minimum, plus alerts if there is detected activity of concern on any monitored area.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I received a free subscription to ProtectMyId after my information was lost as the result of a data breach. I actually had to use ProtectMyId to dispute an entry on my credit report when the service notified me of an issue. The service worked well with Experian and Equifax (had to hire an attorney for Trans Union). ProtectMyId provides great services, notification and protection. If I did not have a credit monitoring service through my credit card company, I would still have ProtectMyId.

Original review: April 26, 2020

They were very responsive when a suspected ID theft occurred... They contacted the credit firms and helped create no new credit apps... They followed up several times... They also requested a full credit report be sent to me to review for any issues... I’m very satisfied!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

If you need your identity protected this is the company. I used them for 18 months and every time I had an issue I was notified. Identity theft protection is very important and I suggest to anyone to choose this company.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

This personal ID/data security facility is a welcomed service especially these days when theft of personal data is a real concern. This is in line with The General Data Protection Regulation (GNPR).

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

Your identity is so critical as if it is compromised, bad things happen. What is important is not only the monitoring of your various accounts but the way you are notified of possible issues that do.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I received this basic service with my AAA membership. It does what it is supposed to do in monitoring my credit hits and notifies me if hits occurred.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I get it free through my bank, so that is very satisfying. I get an email once a month telling me if there has been any activity spotted. It only covers basic, and I would have to pay for more cover.

ProtectMyID author review by Rob Douglas

Complete plan that offers identity theft detection, protection and resolution in one package. Optional child ID theft protection available. Plan includes credit monitoring, suspicious internet alerts and monthly surveillance alerts if no potential threats are uncovered.

• Three-in-one plan: The ProtectMyID plan is offered from Experian, so they provide direct credit-monitoring, as well as tools to detect identity theft, protect your information and assist you in case recovery, is needed. National change of address monitoring also included.

• ChildSecure option: Once you enroll in ProtectMyID, you have the choice to sign up for the ChildSecure add-on plan for any children under your care.

• Includes text or email alerts: Be alerted at home or on the go with texts and emails to alert you of potential threats with daily detection. You’ll also get a clear surveillance report each month if there is no suspicious activity uncovered.

• $0-deductible ID theft insurance: Plans include a recovery team and coverage up to $1 million in qualified expenses in the event of identity fraud with no deductible.

by Rob Douglas Identity Theft Protection Contributing Editor

Rob Douglas is an information security consultant specializing in the investigation and prevention of identity theft and scams. Rob is one of the nation’s leading authorities on the use of social engineering, impersonation, fraud and pretext to steal personal information. For two decades, Rob has assisted the financial services sector, the telecommunications industry, the general business community, government and law enforcement agencies to better understand the scope and methodology of identity crimes through presentations, educational materials, auditing and consultation.

ProtectMyID Company Information