Find a Car Loans partner

3. Car Loans

3.9/5 (94 ratings)
Find a Car Loans partner
Banner image

Refinance your auto loan today!

See if you can lower your rate with Auto Approve

Get a quote

About PNC Auto Loans

Banner image

Refinance your auto loan today!

See if you can lower your rate with Auto Approve

Get a quote

PNC Auto Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Auto Loans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Auto Loans?

Resolution response: March 15, 2018

This turned out to be the car dealer's mistake, not PNC. The car dealer made a mistake when putting in my income and entered my monthly salary as my ANNUAL salary! It looked like I made 15K a year :)

I don't blame them for not approving the loan - I wouldn't loan me the money either :-)

I would give them 5 stars, but it took 2 hours and 6 people to get to the bottom of it.

Original review: March 14, 2018

PNC turned me down for an auto loan when my FICO score is 839 and I make almost $200,000 a year! I purchased a 2017 Toyota Prius Prime Advanced, which with tax and other fees, came out to 38,000. They gave me a $4500 rebate, bringing the cost down to 33,500. I put down $12,500 in cash, bringing the amount financed to $21,000. Are you kidding me? I have $0 debt, $0 balance on my credit cards. No bankruptcies, no liens/late payments.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Wired funds to pay my car off on 2/06/2018. Have been given 3 different dates that PNC says title was mailed. Still not here. Called state of South Carolina where I live and they tell me PNC should have electronically removed lien and South Carolina would have sent me title next day. Finally got escalated to Mari **. Seemed like she would try to help, but now won't return calls. They say they don't get tracking numbers which seems negligent to me. Can't get a duplicate because South Carolina still shows a lien and PNC refuses to do anything. Already bought another car and stuck with this one I can't sell without title. Read number of complaints! Horrible. And it takes a minimum of 30 minutes to talk to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I've been paying a car loan for several years now, never missed a payment. One payment was late, simply forgot due to an illness. They've called me multiple times on multiple days. I would have answered if the call had said PNC or they left a message! They call from 800 numbers and vary them so I assumed it was spam. They were unprofessional when I finally got back to them. I had to talk to someone with a thick accent whom I couldn't understand. They also never give your balance or make it easy to find your balance. I'll never get a loan from them again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

PNC Auto Loans is the worst auto loan servicing company I have ever dealt with. I originated the loan 11/17 and have consistently paid on time, and on some occasions have paid a month in advance. However, PNC has not applied the month in advance to the correct month, and then sends a late notice (with a $10 charge). I have had this loan for 13 months and have paid 17 months' worth, but they refuse to apply the money to the next month despite sending the dated "coupon." I have called 3 times in the past month, but the "Loan Advisors" are only authorized to send you a statement in the mail. Tonight when I called, the office had already closed but they do have voicemail. When I was about to leave a message, the automated system said that the voicemail box was full (likely due to so many unhappy customers). Avoid PNC Auto Loans!!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

First, customer service is awful. When you call their 800 number, you must navigate through many voice and keypad prompts before finally reaching a telephone rep. My dissatisfaction with this bank is their loan payment system. I recently paid my auto loan in full and was assured that no further payments would be withdrawn from my personal checking account. Wrong, the customer rep failed to tell me that I also had to notify a third party company that sets up auto payments for PNC BANK. Unfortunately, for me I now have to wait 5 to 7 days for my refund. In my opinion this is nothing more than an unauthorized withdrawal. Consumers stay clear of this bank. You will be happy you did. Find a bank where you can call and talk to a person not a robot.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Anywhere you go the interest rates aren't great but they made it reasonable and affordable for me to make payments on the loan and not have to stress so much about it. The interest rates were pretty reasonable considering they are high most places and it's hard to catch up with such high interest rates but they made it easy and affordable. Like most places the application process is long and tedious but they did the best they could to speed up the process for me and keep me relaxed and at ease throughout. Payment options are always the worst but they made it easy and simple for me to make payments whenever I could for however much I could afford at the time.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

The terms of the loan were the usual auto loan. It was a 48 mo. at 10.5%. They were very helpful and understanding when I lost my job for two months and helped me, get back on track. It was a good rate given my credit history. I was pleasantly surprised. The rate was extremely competitive. They really worked with me. Thank you PNC. Simple no hassle process. I was very pleased in this regard. Didn't have to jump through too many hoops, good about income verification. Pleasant to work with. They offer standard payment options, no surprises there. Convenient online payment system available, always working, never down in my experience.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

I was not shocked with the high repayment aka interest terms with the loan that I received from PNC. Like any other place you go to get a loan, you always have a chunk to pay them back besides what you borrowed. I would have to say just satisfied with the interest rate there at PNC. Anywhere you go you will have some type of interest and just like the rest they are pretty high in my opinion. I am going to go a step higher and go with happy on this question about the application process there at PNC. It wasn't a long, drawn out application and seemed pretty short and easy to fill out. I guess I can say that I am satisfied with the payment options, but like any loan I paid it off as quick as possible because of the high interest rates.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

It was pretty easy and it went pretty fast and every time I called with a issues they help out pretty much all the time. I would do it again because the apr and the terms stayed the same. It stayed the same until I refinanced and the term interest went down and more money went to the loan balance and that happen so they was upstanding about all the issues I had. It didn't take much time to process and they took a lot of time to get me financed because my credit wasn’t that great. They keep going until I got the best terms. Payment options was easy and there was a lot of options to make the payments - over the phone, online, through the mail in the branch. They made it easy for everyone.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I wish the APR was less but otherwise I had no problems. I had to pay by the fifteenth of each month or there was a penalty. I got the loan for 4 years for $14000. I wish the interest rate was lower but it was 4.5 percent. I applied at the dealer. It was filling out paperwork and then waited to see if I was approved. Then I got approved and drove away with a car. There were no payment options. I was never late on a payment.

PNC Auto Loans Company Information