2.69/5
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratings

Auto Warranty Expired?

16 PNC Auto Loans Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

We purchased a Ford Explorer and financed half of it with PNC Bank. We didn't have a choice at the time, so we just went with it. I highly regret dealing with them from day one! On September 23rd we were so excited to pay off our car loan in full. We called PNC bank to pay over the phone in the amount of 10,800$. We gave the account information they asked for. My husband has a bit of an accent, but made sure he read the numbers clearly. The representative read back the numbers number by number as my husband gave them to her. BUT SHE NEVER RECITED THE FULL ROUTING AND ACCOUNT NUMBER BACK TO US TO MAKE SURE IT WAS CORRECT!!! She then went on to tell us, "Congratulations on paying off your auto loan!"

Well, every day for a week I'm looking at my bank statements and wondering why my mortgage lump sum was taken out immediately but my money for the auto loan is just sitting in my account still, when we paid it off in full. I was not advised there was an issue with the payment UNTIL 1 week after it had been reversed based on an error in our account number. NO WONDER BECAUSE THE REP NEVER RECITED IT BACK TO US. If she was even a little bit uncertain she would have and should have recited it back to us to make sure it was correct before offering us a congratulations! NEVER TRUST ANYONE. ALWAYS BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE. YOU CAN'T EVEN TRUST A BANK THESE DAYS TO GET IT RIGHT!

October 4th we are told the payment did not go through based on an error in the account number. We call PNC Customer service and explain the situation that the rep never recited back the numbers fully to make sure they were correct. We are told we have to pay 11$ more interest which we didn't even accrue based on their mistakes. The retail escalation dept apologizes. She advises us to wait until she reviews and pulls up the call for any error. She says she will call me back the following afternoon. Nope... I call and call her. She makes me wait a full week until she gets back to me with information about our account and tells me that there is no bank error. The rep apparently recited the numbers back to you and the account number was incorrect. So, she is trying to use my husband's accent against him as if he entered the wrong digits. Nope, PNC made the mistake and trying to blame us so we accrue more interest every day.

We call again on October 12th to try to pay the loan off because apparently it is our fault. We don't care at this point and just want our loan paid off which is what we set out to do in the first place on September 23rd! A whole flipping 3 weeks ago! (Interest accruing oh and a late fee for their error.). We call a representative to pay off the loan AGAIN. He tells us that, "I'm sorry but it shows that the loan is closed". And he seems confused, just as much as we are by the way! He gets a retail escalation rep on the line, and she reads our notes from previous interactions. This time I make sure to give her the correct routing number and account number slowly and repetitively so she doesn't make any more errors. She then proceeds to ask me "How much would you like to pay today?"

And I tell her, whatever the balance is, we want to pay off in full and get this over with. You know what she tells me? "It's impossible for me to say how much you need to pay because it's not showing me the amount because it's showing the loan is closed." "Based on your previous payment on Sept 23 of 10,800 you are charged a 10$ late fee and interest that is accrued since then." I couldn't even believe this!!! She told me that whatever you pay over the required amount (which she has no clue!) will be refunded back to you.

I just can't even with this bank man. I highly recommend you run far far far away from them. All we were trying to do was pay off an auto loan in full. But, that didn't happen. We were just charged more interested and late fees on top of that. The bank is never in your favor anymore. It's truly disgusting. You would think PNC would give you the option to make auto payments online which would be a piece of cake and no errors would happen because you are trusting yourself to enter the correct details not someone over the phone who may have a hearing problem. And there's no way in hell I was going to send 10,800 check through the mail. I'm praying to God this issue is resolved and our car is paid off because we are waiting for the title to get our car registered in 2 weeks. This has been a huge nightmare with PNC Bank. Please take every negative review on here and trust it. I've never had this bad of an experience before in my life!

Original review: July 3, 2018

Took an auto loan through PNC bank. Since, I had to relocate to a different country, paid off the loan and got a confirmation that original title document will be sent within 10 business days. Called customer care couple of times and also visited the PNC branch in person to make sure all the information in their records is up to date. It's been over a month, yet to receive the title document. When contacted the customer care, they confirmed the document was already sent over a week back. Can you believe the original document was sent through regular mail without any tracking details. No one has clue where the document is right now. Highly irresponsible.

After numerous calls to PNC customer care, a lady tells me the document was sent to my old address, house that I vacated almost two years back. Was shocked from where the hell they got the old address details. Escalated to the higher officials, but in vain. No resolution. Apparently, they don't even have proper means of contacting the loan department and waiting for someone from that team to get back. Why the hell I spent all my hard earned earnings to pay off a loan?? Very poor customer support and the agents are so rude as though they are doing some favor to me. These guys were behind me to get a loan, credit card etc and now check their attitude. I have to relocate to a different country in a week and need the document to import the car but PNC bank folks are not bothered and not providing any alternate solution too. Beware guys!!! Think before getting a loan from them.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2018

PNC turned me down for an auto loan when my FICO score is 839 and I make almost $200,000 a year! I purchased a 2017 Toyota Prius Prime Advanced, which with tax and other fees, came out to 38,000. They gave me a $4500 rebate, bringing the cost down to 33,500. I put down $12,500 in cash, bringing the amount financed to $21,000. Are you kidding me? I have $0 debt, $0 balance on my credit cards. No bankruptcies, no liens/late payments.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Wired funds to pay my car off on 2/06/2018. Have been given 3 different dates that PNC says title was mailed. Still not here. Called state of South Carolina where I live and they tell me PNC should have electronically removed lien and South Carolina would have sent me title next day. Finally got escalated to Mari **. Seemed like she would try to help, but now won't return calls. They say they don't get tracking numbers which seems negligent to me. Can't get a duplicate because South Carolina still shows a lien and PNC refuses to do anything. Already bought another car and stuck with this one I can't sell without title. Read number of complaints! Horrible. And it takes a minimum of 30 minutes to talk to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I've been paying a car loan for several years now, never missed a payment. One payment was late, simply forgot due to an illness. They've called me multiple times on multiple days. I would have answered if the call had said PNC or they left a message! They call from 800 numbers and vary them so I assumed it was spam. They were unprofessional when I finally got back to them. I had to talk to someone with a thick accent whom I couldn't understand. They also never give your balance or make it easy to find your balance. I'll never get a loan from them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Auto Loans?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

PNC Auto Loans is the worst auto loan servicing company I have ever dealt with. I originated the loan 11/17 and have consistently paid on time, and on some occasions have paid a month in advance. However, PNC has not applied the month in advance to the correct month, and then sends a late notice (with a $10 charge). I have had this loan for 13 months and have paid 17 months' worth, but they refuse to apply the money to the next month despite sending the dated "coupon." I have called 3 times in the past month, but the "Loan Advisors" are only authorized to send you a statement in the mail. Tonight when I called, the office had already closed but they do have voicemail. When I was about to leave a message, the automated system said that the voicemail box was full (likely due to so many unhappy customers). Avoid PNC Auto Loans!!!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

First, customer service is awful. When you call their 800 number, you must navigate through many voice and keypad prompts before finally reaching a telephone rep. My dissatisfaction with this bank is their loan payment system. I recently paid my auto loan in full and was assured that no further payments would be withdrawn from my personal checking account. Wrong, the customer rep failed to tell me that I also had to notify a third party company that sets up auto payments for PNC BANK. Unfortunately, for me I now have to wait 5 to 7 days for my refund. In my opinion this is nothing more than an unauthorized withdrawal. Consumers stay clear of this bank. You will be happy you did. Find a bank where you can call and talk to a person not a robot.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Anywhere you go the interest rates aren't great but they made it reasonable and affordable for me to make payments on the loan and not have to stress so much about it. The interest rates were pretty reasonable considering they are high most places and it's hard to catch up with such high interest rates but they made it easy and affordable. Like most places the application process is long and tedious but they did the best they could to speed up the process for me and keep me relaxed and at ease throughout. Payment options are always the worst but they made it easy and simple for me to make payments whenever I could for however much I could afford at the time.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

The terms of the loan were the usual auto loan. It was a 48 mo. at 10.5%. They were very helpful and understanding when I lost my job for two months and helped me, get back on track. It was a good rate given my credit history. I was pleasantly surprised. The rate was extremely competitive. They really worked with me. Thank you PNC. Simple no hassle process. I was very pleased in this regard. Didn't have to jump through too many hoops, good about income verification. Pleasant to work with. They offer standard payment options, no surprises there. Convenient online payment system available, always working, never down in my experience.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

I was not shocked with the high repayment aka interest terms with the loan that I received from PNC. Like any other place you go to get a loan, you always have a chunk to pay them back besides what you borrowed. I would have to say just satisfied with the interest rate there at PNC. Anywhere you go you will have some type of interest and just like the rest they are pretty high in my opinion. I am going to go a step higher and go with happy on this question about the application process there at PNC. It wasn't a long, drawn out application and seemed pretty short and easy to fill out. I guess I can say that I am satisfied with the payment options, but like any loan I paid it off as quick as possible because of the high interest rates.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2016

It was pretty easy and it went pretty fast and every time I called with a issues they help out pretty much all the time. I would do it again because the apr and the terms stayed the same. It stayed the same until I refinanced and the term interest went down and more money went to the loan balance and that happen so they was upstanding about all the issues I had. It didn't take much time to process and they took a lot of time to get me financed because my credit wasn’t that great. They keep going until I got the best terms. Payment options was easy and there was a lot of options to make the payments - over the phone, online, through the mail in the branch. They made it easy for everyone.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I wish the APR was less but otherwise I had no problems. I had to pay by the fifteenth of each month or there was a penalty. I got the loan for 4 years for $14000. I wish the interest rate was lower but it was 4.5 percent. I applied at the dealer. It was filling out paperwork and then waited to see if I was approved. Then I got approved and drove away with a car. There were no payment options. I was never late on a payment.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

They really explain the terms to you. However much you borrow you pay an interest back on but it is affordable and easy to understand. It does help when you need a loan. The interest rate is based on how much you borrow and how long you set up your terms of repayment which can range from a variety of times. The application process was very straightforward and easy to understand. It didn't take long to get approved but it was thorough as well. I like that there were a variety of payment options available. Rates were better when you chose to automatically draft from checking or savings account.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

The repayment terms are very easy to understand. They are much better than the terms of other loan companies and do not charge fees for unwanted services. The interest rate is very reasonably priced. It is correspondent to the services you receive; you get what you paid for and not in a bad way. The application process was just as long as any other. The staff were knowledgeable and willing to answer any questions concerning me about my money. There weren't too many repayment options. I'm sure they could work on that. However, the interest rate was low, so I have nothing to complain about. Like I said before, you get what you pay for.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

Repayment terms are doable, I am able to pay back the loan in 6 months to a year. The pay back options are reasonable for my income and tailored directly for me. The interest rate is waived if paid back in the first ninety days. If not interest rates are higher. This is the one thing I am not completely happy with. However the other parts to this were successful. Already have an account with them. Made it easy. Just had to verify my employment history and current pay in order to qualify me for the loan. Options are for ninety days no interest. There are options I could take 6 months to a year. I took the 6 month options for the lowest apr rating, this was the better option for myself easy for me to manage.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

They were very flexible, and the repayment terms were great. I can pay whenever I want, and they were very helpful in picking the best terms for the amount of money I needed. The interest rate was great, and they helped me pick the right rate for the amount of money that I needed and how much I like them. They were the best people I have worked with so far. They really helped me learn. The application process was very nice because I learned much from the people. It was a simple process, and if I had questions, the people answered them for me because I didn't understand. Without them, it would have been very hard to understand what was happening. The payment options were very easy to understand thanks to the people involved. They were very helpful, and they were so nice to me and I really appreciated all the help that they offered me because I really didn't understand much.

PNC Auto Loans Company Information