Find a Car Loans partner

3. Car Loans

3.9/5 (94 ratings)
Find a Car Loans partner
Banner image

Refinance your auto loan today!

See if you can lower your rate with Auto Approve

Get a quote

About PNC Auto Loans

Banner image

Refinance your auto loan today!

See if you can lower your rate with Auto Approve

Get a quote

PNC Auto Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Auto Loans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Auto Loans?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

My fiancé Bobby ** is always having problems accessing his account. He called and the lady gave him the wrong pay off and she said she would add his phone number to help him log in. She also said she would reset it and now he has more problems. This needs to be fixed so customers don't have so many issues accessing their accounts and payment information.

Original review: April 27, 2021

You better hope you don't have an accident and have a loan with this Bank and depend on PNC bank to work with your insurance company. I have been dinged with a 60 day late charge on my credit after my insurance company contacted PNC about paying it off. They did pay it off quickly but still ping this on my credit. I have talked to two humans and contacted them by mail and still doesn't want to work with me. Choose someone else for Auto loans.

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2021

I financed my van with the PNC auto loan and I am even 6 months ahead in terms of payment. But I realized this bank's ONLY interest is how to make life unfavorable to their customers despite the fact that they are making money from the customers. I recently change my resident state from Florida to Washington State and I requested the bank to forward the van's title to the new state which is normal thing to do, the bank refused to do that. They suggested I MUST use a third party called "My Title Support" to do this. My question to them was "Did I consulted My Title Support before contacting to the bank finance the van? Using My Title Support is not free. So why do I need to pay a separate fees to a third party for the bank to do the right thing?"

Despite the fact that I went ahead and pay the fees to "My Title Support", the van's title has not been delivered to the DMV in my new state for more than a month. I called the auto loan department, the ladies on the call are so rude, arrogant, and disrespectful. The bank like few others are using "My Title Support" rip off their customers. This is a classical fraud. I am disappointed and I cannot do business with this bank again. Timely transfer of customers' vehicle title without a third party should be the Bank's priority, but they rather prefer making money and turning the life of their customers to hell is their preference. ALL WHAT I WANT IS MY VAN's TITLE TRANSFER TO MY NEW STATE.

Original review: March 19, 2021

The biggest issue I have with them is their policy towards making additional payments towards the principal. While they have online banking available the only way you can make principal only payments is to either call them each time (which takes forever to get anyone) or come into the branch (which is time consuming). I have had auto loans with 3 other banks and they all made it much easier. I understand it costs them money if you pay off your loan early but it seems to be kind of a sneaky way of deterring people from paying off their loans early. Other than that they are as good as others.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I have an auto loan from them. I filed bankruptcy on my credit cards only and kept my loan in good standing never missed a payment or anything. They stopped doing their job of reporting to the credit bureau's of my on time payments. And when I applied for a new loan for another truck denied me because of my bankruptcy even though I kept my car loan and never had it a part of it. This just tells you they are a crap bank and not to be trusted period.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I paid off my 7-year auto loan to PNC Bank on December 30, 2019. I was never late with a payment. On January 7, 2020 a woman pulled out from a side street in front of me giving me no room to stop. I broadsided her car, my airbags went off but no one was injured. Reported to Geico who told me they show a lien holder and if the car is declared a total loss, a check will be issued in my name AND the name of the lien holder! Today I called PNC aand explained this situation. All I wanted was an emailed statement to me saying I paid my car loan in full. I was told they can't do that. I was told the Lien Payoff letter will be mailed in a "couple of days". I asked for a number Geico can call to verify payoff and was told "we can't tell them the loan is paid, it would have to be a 3-way call to us with you and Geico on the phone for us to tell them the loan is paid". This is ridiculous! NEVER will I use PNC again for anything!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I relocated to another state with my car, sent faxes as I instructed by PNC customer service title dept. The faxes had the DMV name & fax return number on them. I went back and forth with customer service for over (8) weeks, even spoke to managers that never called back. I’m in Niagara Falls, NY where there are snow storms and I have a new car financed by PNC but because PNC won’t send the request I have to walk to work because without title verification can’t Register my car. Worst service ever. :(

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I recently went to purchased a used car and was rejected with a credit score of 833, 90k income, zero credit card balance, owe 20k on my home and had a previously financed car loan from PNC, which was auto deducted from my bank account so I was never late in 60 months. This makes absolutely no sense! Fortunately I was easily able to finance through another lender.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

They do not have gap insurance with their auto loans. I would never recommend these loans to anyone. Customer service is nonexistent. Run from this company!!!! When you do have someone call you their accent is so bad you can barely understand them.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Paid my load off July 15th 2019. It is now August 12. After several phone calls and letters requesting a Lien Release I am still without one even after the last call I had with them and they told me they would expedite it and overnight it to me. Well still no release. This is the worst bank I have ever dealt with. Do not let your dealer talk you into using them. Stay away. It isn't worth the hassle. They are polite on the phone and tell you they will take care of it but they never do. Again stay away. Worst bank ever.

PNC Auto Loans Company Information