3.8/5 (142 ratings)

About PNC Auto Loans

PNC Auto Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Auto Loans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Auto Loans?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

We have been paying money into our principal account every month for the last several months. And PNC bank has been moving my money around and not putting it into my principal account, so here I am trying to trade my car in, and I owe more than what I was suppose to. I want a new vehicle just to get away from this loan with this crappy banking institution. A BUNCH OF CROOKS.

Original review: June 20, 2022

After reading all the bad reviews I do not think PNC actually cares what we the customers think, say or feel. Anyway I purchased a car and financed with PNC. I was given a 45 day temp license plate. The 45 days gives the dealership and the finance company plenty of time to get the necessary information to the license branch for registration. However this did not happen. My plate expired 5/30/22. I called PNC before and several times after the expiration date. PNC gave me the runaround and I got the Idea that they had no clue what they were doing. I was only able to speak with employees that could not help me. I spoke with two supervisors who stated they could not help me either. The supervisors stated that a manager was assigned to my case. I left three voicemails for this manager and an email. The manager has never responded, I still have never spoken with the assigned manager.

After three weeks of not being able to drive my new car, I get a call from the license branch 6/17/22 stating that PNC finally submitted the information and I could come get my plates. Magically I get a call from a different PNC manager, not the assigned manager I have been trying to reach. I asked is PNC going to take responsibility for them creating a situation that caused me not to be able to drive my new car for three weeks? PNC refused to take responsibility. Their only focus is to take money, not be accountable for their mistakes.

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2022

This bank is deceptive when it comes to adjusting your auto payments when making ADDITIONAL principal payments. They DO NOT want you to pay your loan off early and lose out on the interest. This in spite of the fact that they have a payment portal where you can make extra payments or adjust the schedule of those additional payments. You can submit them, but they will never be initialized. What I've been told after calling one of their representatives is that yeah we have that capability but if you want to make any changes to additional payments you have to call them, submit a written request and wait a month for them to change it. Even Bank of America isn't this deceptive. I'm sorry, this is exactly why I dropped PNC Bank years ago. They are deceitful and they know it.

Original review: March 11, 2022

I called in Oct 2021 and paid off my Land Rover. Customer service said I would receive my title in about four weeks. It is now March 2022. That's more than 16 weeks and the CA DMV states there is still a lien on my title. I called in to PNC this week and they said it was paid off. They wished me a pleasant day. PNC doesn't know how to help me, can someone please give me some answers? I have paid off several auto loans in my life and this is a first.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I've been trying to attempting to pay my loan online ever since they took over BBVA. I can't log in, calling them is a joke. I can make my payment only by going to the branch. This is the worst banking experience I've ever had.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

Absolutely the worst service I've experienced. I was trying to make extra "principal only" payments to be able to pay off my car sooner. The customer service rep advised me to mail a check because processing an extra payment on their portal doesn't allow "principal only" options. So, I took her advice and mailed a check, notating on the check "principal only payment," as well as also folding the check into a regular size piece of paper that also stated in large black sharpie...."PRINCIPAL PAYMENT ONLY". I mailed the second check the next month and did the same.

I logged onto my account and of course neither payment was processed as Principal Only. I called, because they don't have a chat option of course, to get help fixing it. The gentleman assured me he would back out the payments and have them applied correctly. He did this, and then I get a letter in the mail suggesting I stopped making payments on my loan and that I still owed them money. I ignored those letters, assuming it was automatically generated, idiotic or not, by their system. I was right. I then mailed a 3rd extra payment in the same manner as before. Again, not applied correctly.

I was so irritated by their incompetence, I scraped together the money and just paid off my car right then and there online. I don't understand how their people are so incompetent and their processes are so antiquated, but I am certain of one thing. I will never do business with PNC again, and I will tell anyone who will listen about my terrible experience with them.

Prior to all of this, I had a name change and was trying to get information about how to change my name on their records. I was quickly told I would have to go to a local branch to get that completed. The Rep obviously didn't bother to look at the State where I live. If she had, she would have noticed that there isn't a PNC Bank in the entire State. So lazy! Instead of giving me all the options, she just tells me to go to the local branch. Eventually, they sent me the forms I needed as well as a fax number to send them back to. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH PNC AGAIN. What a relief to be done with them!! Happy Holidays to ME!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I paid off my auto loan and should have received a title or Lien Release Letter but never did receive one. When I called, they told me that it was mailed to my previous address because the mailing department was never updated but it was never sent to my previous address either. No one from the customer service knew what happened to my mail. Then they asked me to file for a secondary Lien Release Letter application which set me back 30$ for a mistake that they made.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

My fiancé Bobby ** is always having problems accessing his account. He called and the lady gave him the wrong pay off and she said she would add his phone number to help him log in. She also said she would reset it and now he has more problems. This needs to be fixed so customers don't have so many issues accessing their accounts and payment information.

Original review: April 27, 2021

You better hope you don't have an accident and have a loan with this Bank and depend on PNC bank to work with your insurance company. I have been dinged with a 60 day late charge on my credit after my insurance company contacted PNC about paying it off. They did pay it off quickly but still ping this on my credit. I have talked to two humans and contacted them by mail and still doesn't want to work with me. Choose someone else for Auto loans.

Original review: April 14, 2021

I financed my van with the PNC auto loan and I am even 6 months ahead in terms of payment. But I realized this bank's ONLY interest is how to make life unfavorable to their customers despite the fact that they are making money from the customers. I recently change my resident state from Florida to Washington State and I requested the bank to forward the van's title to the new state which is normal thing to do, the bank refused to do that. They suggested I MUST use a third party called "My Title Support" to do this. My question to them was "Did I consulted My Title Support before contacting to the bank finance the van? Using My Title Support is not free. So why do I need to pay a separate fees to a third party for the bank to do the right thing?"

Despite the fact that I went ahead and pay the fees to "My Title Support", the van's title has not been delivered to the DMV in my new state for more than a month. I called the auto loan department, the ladies on the call are so rude, arrogant, and disrespectful. The bank like few others are using "My Title Support" rip off their customers. This is a classical fraud. I am disappointed and I cannot do business with this bank again. Timely transfer of customers' vehicle title without a third party should be the Bank's priority, but they rather prefer making money and turning the life of their customers to hell is their preference. ALL WHAT I WANT IS MY VAN's TITLE TRANSFER TO MY NEW STATE.

PNC Auto Loans Company Information