2. Finance
  3. Car Loans

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.13/5

PNC Auto Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Auto Loans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Auto Loans?

Original review: March 19, 2020

I have an auto loan from them. I filed bankruptcy on my credit cards only and kept my loan in good standing never missed a payment or anything. They stopped doing their job of reporting to the credit bureau's of my on time payments. And when I applied for a new loan for another truck denied me because of my bankruptcy even though I kept my car loan and never had it a part of it. This just tells you they are a crap bank and not to be trusted period.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I paid off my 7-year auto loan to PNC Bank on December 30, 2019. I was never late with a payment. On January 7, 2020 a woman pulled out from a side street in front of me giving me no room to stop. I broadsided her car, my airbags went off but no one was injured. Reported to Geico who told me they show a lien holder and if the car is declared a total loss, a check will be issued in my name AND the name of the lien holder! Today I called PNC aand explained this situation. All I wanted was an emailed statement to me saying I paid my car loan in full. I was told they can't do that. I was told the Lien Payoff letter will be mailed in a "couple of days". I asked for a number Geico can call to verify payoff and was told "we can't tell them the loan is paid, it would have to be a 3-way call to us with you and Geico on the phone for us to tell them the loan is paid". This is ridiculous! NEVER will I use PNC again for anything!

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I relocated to another state with my car, sent faxes as I instructed by PNC customer service title dept. The faxes had the DMV name & fax return number on them. I went back and forth with customer service for over (8) weeks, even spoke to managers that never called back. I’m in Niagara Falls, NY where there are snow storms and I have a new car financed by PNC but because PNC won’t send the request I have to walk to work because without title verification can’t Register my car. Worst service ever. :(

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I recently went to purchased a used car and was rejected with a credit score of 833, 90k income, zero credit card balance, owe 20k on my home and had a previously financed car loan from PNC, which was auto deducted from my bank account so I was never late in 60 months. This makes absolutely no sense! Fortunately I was easily able to finance through another lender.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

They do not have gap insurance with their auto loans. I would never recommend these loans to anyone. Customer service is nonexistent. Run from this company!!!! When you do have someone call you their accent is so bad you can barely understand them.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

Paid my load off July 15th 2019. It is now August 12. After several phone calls and letters requesting a Lien Release I am still without one even after the last call I had with them and they told me they would expedite it and overnight it to me. Well still no release. This is the worst bank I have ever dealt with. Do not let your dealer talk you into using them. Stay away. It isn't worth the hassle. They are polite on the phone and tell you they will take care of it but they never do. Again stay away. Worst bank ever.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I have been with PNC for over 10 years and have done multiple loans and have had great service. Have never had to wait ling to talk with a loan officer which is always courteous and very informative on all of my options.

Original review: June 20, 2019

My credit score is above 720 and income is six figure and have clean credit history. Interest rate on PNC website shows 2011-2013 models is 5.19 to 5.49. When I applied to the loan and called the bank, the lady sounded extremely rude and told me this what you get (6.75) percentage, when I cross question on my credit score and income. Do not trust this guys and I think this is more racially profile lending. Stay away, I would give less than zero stars. Guess what, I immediately applied other bank and they approved me for below 5 percentage.

Original review: March 14, 2019

My husband and I bought a used vehicle from a dealership and was thrown into getting a loan with PNC Bank. I wanted to talk with my credit union but apparently they didn't want to wait for me to handle this later (my fault for being persistent on buying another vehicle). The next morning I tried to have my credit union involved only to find out the lender was already locked in so I needed to give it a month or so to refinance. Over the last few days, I have called PNC for a detailed payoff letter to be faxed to the credit union. When that never happened, I requested they fax to my part-time job when I was there. That never happened either. Claimed they sent to another department to fax; no phone number to call. 7 phone calls fell on deaf ears!!! Still trying to resolve this cause I want out of this mess, especially after reading all of this horrible reviews about this so-called bank. Stay far, far away!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I bought a new car last month. I told the finance People at the dealership I wanted to have the monthly payment to be raised from 289 to 500. Be advised that PNC does not let you pay extra automatically. You have to pay extra by mailing it to them each month. Run away from this bank. Wish I would have done My research before letting the dealer use their poor services. I am in the process of transferring the loan to an honest bank!

PNC Auto Loans Company Information