Find a Car Loans partner

3. Car Loans

3.9/5 (84 ratings)
Find a Car Loans partner
Banner image

Refinance your auto loan today!

See if you can lower your rate with Auto Approve

Get a quote

About PNC Auto Loans

Banner image

Refinance your auto loan today!

See if you can lower your rate with Auto Approve

Get a quote

PNC Auto Loans Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Auto Loans?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about PNC Auto Loans?

Original review: July 22, 2019

I have been with PNC for over 10 years and have done multiple loans and have had great service. Have never had to wait ling to talk with a loan officer which is always courteous and very informative on all of my options.

Original review: June 20, 2019

My credit score is above 720 and income is six figure and have clean credit history. Interest rate on PNC website shows 2011-2013 models is 5.19 to 5.49. When I applied to the loan and called the bank, the lady sounded extremely rude and told me this what you get (6.75) percentage, when I cross question on my credit score and income. Do not trust this guys and I think this is more racially profile lending. Stay away, I would give less than zero stars. Guess what, I immediately applied other bank and they approved me for below 5 percentage.

Original review: March 14, 2019

My husband and I bought a used vehicle from a dealership and was thrown into getting a loan with PNC Bank. I wanted to talk with my credit union but apparently they didn't want to wait for me to handle this later (my fault for being persistent on buying another vehicle). The next morning I tried to have my credit union involved only to find out the lender was already locked in so I needed to give it a month or so to refinance. Over the last few days, I have called PNC for a detailed payoff letter to be faxed to the credit union. When that never happened, I requested they fax to my part-time job when I was there. That never happened either. Claimed they sent to another department to fax; no phone number to call. 7 phone calls fell on deaf ears!!! Still trying to resolve this cause I want out of this mess, especially after reading all of this horrible reviews about this so-called bank. Stay far, far away!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I bought a new car last month. I told the finance People at the dealership I wanted to have the monthly payment to be raised from 289 to 500. Be advised that PNC does not let you pay extra automatically. You have to pay extra by mailing it to them each month. Run away from this bank. Wish I would have done My research before letting the dealer use their poor services. I am in the process of transferring the loan to an honest bank!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I had gotten an auto loan from PNC about a year ago. This morning, I discovered my car was gone. Admittedly, I am behind on payments, but they said they called, but are not allowed to leave voicemail. Excuse me? Another rep I talked to said voicemail wasn't set up. How is it everyone else can access my voicemail, but they can't.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

When I bought my car five years ago I financed it through PNC (via the dealership). Three weeks ago when I was ready to make my final payment, I called to verify my address for where they would send the lien release letter. I have moved since I purchased the car and they told me they had the correct address. So when I didn't get the letter, I called and asked where it was. First, they said I needed to wait because they didn't send it when they originally said they did. Fine. These things happen. The second time I called, they said they sent the letter but they didn't know what address it was sent to (not sure why they don't know that). Then on the third call they said they didn't send it to the correct address.

So the customer service person submitted the change of address request and told me I have to call back again in 3 business days (which due to the holiday is apparently January 3) to make a request to have the lien release sent again. For unknown reasons, they can't both change my address in their system and make a request for another letter to be sent to the correct address. So maybe after the 4th call I'll finally get the lien release. I haven't had to deal with customer service at PNC very much because I make my payments online every month. I'm so glad I don't do any other banking with them or have credit cards with them. It's completely absurd for it to take this long and this many calls to get a simple letter.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I recently bought a used vehicle and I was financed at the time of purchase by PNC Bank. "Great", I thought at the time. A major bank, been around a while. Two weeks later I got a packet in the mail from PNC Bank's Auto Loan division. It was coupons. Yes, I said coupons. The type you have to cut out with scissors (three to a page) and then write a check and place it all in an envelope with a stamp and find a mailbox to ensure that it arrives at the designated bank address. I haven't paid by check in years and I don't even have any stamps. This is scary.

One good reason to do financial transactions online is the ability to verify the received payment and hence mitigate liability for late payments or payments that get lost in the mail. This is such a profound disappointment that a major still conducts sensitive business as we are stuck somewhere back in the 1980s. I'm seriously looking at refinancing at a cost to me but with the ability to manage my account online and have that peace of mind.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Hello, I financed a car from PNC and made payments always time, after one year I paid it off and I switched to a different car but I noticed that the loan amount of 419$ was still taken out! I called them and they said it's a mistake and refunded 389$??? via a check after 10 days. Next month same thing. I called and they apologized. This month same thing! Now I will file a lawsuit because this is ridiculous. If any lawyers are willing to help me please email at **. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

We purchased a Ford Explorer and financed half of it with PNC Bank. We didn't have a choice at the time, so we just went with it. I highly regret dealing with them from day one! On September 23rd we were so excited to pay off our car loan in full. We called PNC bank to pay over the phone in the amount of 10,800$. We gave the account information they asked for. My husband has a bit of an accent, but made sure he read the numbers clearly. The representative read back the numbers number by number as my husband gave them to her. BUT SHE NEVER RECITED THE FULL ROUTING AND ACCOUNT NUMBER BACK TO US TO MAKE SURE IT WAS CORRECT!!! She then went on to tell us, "Congratulations on paying off your auto loan!"

Well, every day for a week I'm looking at my bank statements and wondering why my mortgage lump sum was taken out immediately but my money for the auto loan is just sitting in my account still, when we paid it off in full. I was not advised there was an issue with the payment UNTIL 1 week after it had been reversed based on an error in our account number. NO WONDER BECAUSE THE REP NEVER RECITED IT BACK TO US. If she was even a little bit uncertain she would have and should have recited it back to us to make sure it was correct before offering us a congratulations! NEVER TRUST ANYONE. ALWAYS BE YOUR OWN ADVOCATE. YOU CAN'T EVEN TRUST A BANK THESE DAYS TO GET IT RIGHT!

October 4th we are told the payment did not go through based on an error in the account number. We call PNC Customer service and explain the situation that the rep never recited back the numbers fully to make sure they were correct. We are told we have to pay 11$ more interest which we didn't even accrue based on their mistakes. The retail escalation dept apologizes. She advises us to wait until she reviews and pulls up the call for any error. She says she will call me back the following afternoon. Nope... I call and call her. She makes me wait a full week until she gets back to me with information about our account and tells me that there is no bank error. The rep apparently recited the numbers back to you and the account number was incorrect. So, she is trying to use my husband's accent against him as if he entered the wrong digits. Nope, PNC made the mistake and trying to blame us so we accrue more interest every day.

We call again on October 12th to try to pay the loan off because apparently it is our fault. We don't care at this point and just want our loan paid off which is what we set out to do in the first place on September 23rd! A whole flipping 3 weeks ago! (Interest accruing oh and a late fee for their error.). We call a representative to pay off the loan AGAIN. He tells us that, "I'm sorry but it shows that the loan is closed". And he seems confused, just as much as we are by the way! He gets a retail escalation rep on the line, and she reads our notes from previous interactions. This time I make sure to give her the correct routing number and account number slowly and repetitively so she doesn't make any more errors. She then proceeds to ask me "How much would you like to pay today?"

And I tell her, whatever the balance is, we want to pay off in full and get this over with. You know what she tells me? "It's impossible for me to say how much you need to pay because it's not showing me the amount because it's showing the loan is closed." "Based on your previous payment on Sept 23 of 10,800 you are charged a 10$ late fee and interest that is accrued since then." I couldn't even believe this!!! She told me that whatever you pay over the required amount (which she has no clue!) will be refunded back to you.

I just can't even with this bank man. I highly recommend you run far far far away from them. All we were trying to do was pay off an auto loan in full. But, that didn't happen. We were just charged more interested and late fees on top of that. The bank is never in your favor anymore. It's truly disgusting. You would think PNC would give you the option to make auto payments online which would be a piece of cake and no errors would happen because you are trusting yourself to enter the correct details not someone over the phone who may have a hearing problem. And there's no way in hell I was going to send 10,800 check through the mail. I'm praying to God this issue is resolved and our car is paid off because we are waiting for the title to get our car registered in 2 weeks. This has been a huge nightmare with PNC Bank. Please take every negative review on here and trust it. I've never had this bad of an experience before in my life!

Original review: July 3, 2018

Took an auto loan through PNC bank. Since, I had to relocate to a different country, paid off the loan and got a confirmation that original title document will be sent within 10 business days. Called customer care couple of times and also visited the PNC branch in person to make sure all the information in their records is up to date. It's been over a month, yet to receive the title document. When contacted the customer care, they confirmed the document was already sent over a week back. Can you believe the original document was sent through regular mail without any tracking details. No one has clue where the document is right now. Highly irresponsible.

After numerous calls to PNC customer care, a lady tells me the document was sent to my old address, house that I vacated almost two years back. Was shocked from where the hell they got the old address details. Escalated to the higher officials, but in vain. No resolution. Apparently, they don't even have proper means of contacting the loan department and waiting for someone from that team to get back. Why the hell I spent all my hard earned earnings to pay off a loan?? Very poor customer support and the agents are so rude as though they are doing some favor to me. These guys were behind me to get a loan, credit card etc and now check their attitude. I have to relocate to a different country in a week and need the document to import the car but PNC bank folks are not bothered and not providing any alternate solution too. Beware guys!!! Think before getting a loan from them.

PNC Auto Loans Company Information