1.13/5

Looking for a loan company?

Spokane, WA

33 Phoenix Financial LLC Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 13, 2019

I have had the same number for the past few years. They have been calling me the whole time. Every time I tell them no one is here by the name they are asking they just hang up. Then I call back and they do not care I was hung up on and say there are going to take me off the call list. Real professional to just hang up on people and it’s not just one employee but several.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

This place has some of the most unprofessional and rude employees I've ever encountered in my life! I received a notice of debt in the mail for a supposed "unpaid medical bill". I called them upon receiving this notice to inquire. I was told that I owed for a medical visit but I explained that I was insured, provided the insurance to the medical office, and shouldn't owe. I was instructed to send them an EOB (explanation of benefits) from my insurance. I obtained the EOB and called back today to resolve. I was yelled at, told I owe them money like I'm some sort of piece of **, hung up on, you name it! They wouldn't even transfer my call when I requested to speak to a manager. It took me calling them four times before I actually got a decent human being! Mind you, I am the one calling THEM to resolve. I am not a deadbeat trying to dodge a bill. I was instructed to email my supporting documentation and that they would be in touch. I'm not too optimistic.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

They called and told me my card declined the payment twice so I had to give my card details again. I ask If I can pay my first payment next month, they refused and wanted to get paid right away. Lady was rude and think she’s superior just because she’s collecting debt to someone who is struggling financially.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

This place has to be the most unprofessional and rude debt collector I've ever dealt with. They will hang up on you if you try to ask questions. They will call when told to cease and desist. Their so-called proof that you owe money is a bill from the hospital stating that you owe nothing. They threatened to mark me down for refusal to pay. Which means absolutely nothing. It's just a threat to scare people. If they keep contacting us and trying to extort money from us we will be looking into our options about suing.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

We had an ER Bill from 2016. No invoice was received for the 'patient responsibility' portion so it could be paid. Then I receive a bill from a debt collector after 2+ years. They are so rude and have such an attitude. How do they expect anyone to even talk to them, let alone resolve this situation. THEY ARE RUDE, THEY THREATEN YOU. THEIR BEHAVIOR IS DISGUSTING. THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN. Just because there is an outstanding bill, does not give them the right to behave like this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Phoenix Financial LLC?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Scammers became very vulgar and aggressive when I asked questions regarding their agency. They would not reveal their address, location, city, or state. Became very defensive regarding what information they were obtaining. SCAM.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I had the pleasure working with Christina **, I had a legitimate debt, they had all the detailed information, I paid my debt in full, they removed all negative reports from my credit report in first week, very happy. Christina walked me through and was very polite. She was very honest and was eager to help me with my credit report.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I went to Auto Credit to get a car. Was then sent to Phoenix Financial LLC. I made my $700.00 downpayment to Auto Credit in Hayden, Idaho. My first Payment was not due until April 6th 2018. On April 19th 2018 I received a letter saying I was 30 days past due as of March 20th 2018. I had sent my first payment on the 7th of April. I got a call from them saying they did not get it. I then went and resent the payment again. With this payment I sent a letter saying I cannot make the payment on that payday. I have to make it on the 21st of each month. So On the 21st of May 2018 I sent another payment. This is my second payment.

I received another call saying to call them by 4pm that day. I called. They said if I did not send them $563.00 within the next 1/12 hours they were coming to get the car. Well A day less than 24 hours later I was at work me and 3 other coworkers watched them hook up my car and take it away leaving me stranded 40 miles away from my home. On top of all this I might lose my job due to their mess ups. Here is the thing, How in the world can I be 30 days past due on March 20th 2018 when my first payment is not due until April 6th 2018?

Original review: April 26, 2018

They call me multiple times a day even when I’m work, they are harrassing and rude, when I finally talked to them the lady was very rude, demanding I pay it now, and then got mad cause I was trying to dispute the account that it wasn’t mine. She started being very rude with a attitude and even hung up on me when I was still talking. I called back and made a complaint. This is not how you do or run business! I told them to quit calling and harrassing me multiple times a day!

Original review: April 9, 2018

The operator that called me had a “where is my money” kind of attitude. The same female called me a total of 6 times in 2 weeks using different numbers. I have just relieved two invoices regarding the same visit, both invoices are from different companies with different amounts. One from Phoenix Financial Services & the other from Capio Partners... $50 difference. Now I do not feel their collection is legal and incorrect.

Original review: March 30, 2018

They are very harassing and need to get to the point. They will call you from every number possible to get your attention. I do not know how to handle collections as if they do they wouldn't try to scare or harass you!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I got a call today from this company, the phone rang once and hung up. I called it back. A woman answered the phone and demanded I verify my information, started reading off someone else's birthday and social very quickly. When I finally got her to stop reading off numbers she told me she knows I am the person she's trying to reach and will call until she gets what she needs. She then proceeded to tell me I needed to provide the number to my attorney and started yelling at me. She wouldn't tell me the company until I threatened to call the police. Then she wouldn't tell me what kind of company this was. Very unprofessional in my book, screaming at people, reading off people's personal information and giving no info about their company.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Keep getting call by a local number and it hangs up before it even rings. I call them back and they claim they are Phoenix financial services. But they won't give me any information about why they keep calling me. Just it's a business matter. I refuse to give them my SSN or DOB when they won't even tell me what they are calling about. They will hang up on me for not confirming personal information and are extremely rude. I work in a call center and I understand protocol but no one should be asking for personal info without telling what they are calling about.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I was contacted by Phoenix Financial LLC about an emergency room bill. I paid them with my Discover card (that I don't use very often) and 2 days later someone tried to use at a grocery store in a town I've never been to. Thankfully Discover caught it and declined it. Then the next day they tried to use it again but my card had been turned off by then. I hadn't use this card in months so the only place it could have come from was them. BE CAREFUL WHEN DEALING WITH THESE PEOPLE!!! Send them a money order don't give them your account information.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I was rear ended 5 years ago November 1 2012. I went to the ER. The case was settled and I heard nothing for over 4 years until Phoenix entered a negative score on my credit report. I called Phoenix and was told to get more information... I've called the hospital, (they have a new billing dept), I've called the police department, their records don't go back that far.

So, I called Phoenix for any ideas. I talked to Annessa... Annessa would only offer me a payoff and decided to tell me how many derogatory remarks I had on my report (from over 5 years ago). She was abusive. I was trying to get their money. But I can't and shouldn't have to pay it. I did report Annessa to her supervisor Julie. However, there should be some repercussions to this company's collection practices.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I bought a car through Auto Credit sales and of course ended up with Phoenix Financial. I had to make payment arrangements once and due to a family emergency I didn't make the payment on the aged upon day. That was my fault, however instead of calling they sent someone to repo it the very next day. I got it back and had to tow it from the repo lot. It had only ran for 2 months after I got it and I continued to make the payments while trying to save enough money to fix the car. Now, almost a year later I've put more into parts and labor than I owe on the car. I have lost half my income and finally decided I would have to let the car go and get something else. I bought a $500 car and told Phoenix to come get it. I no longer have the income to support it and after being promised a warranty they reneged on that so I didn't see any other options. They haven't come to get the car and are now calling friends and family. Do they think this will change my mind?

All these others having their car repossessed when they are barely late, but they won't come get the one I've told them. I have no intention of making anymore payments on. If they had given me the promised warranty I would have done anything in my power to keep it, but I can't keep making payments on a very large brick. I wish they would come and get the car and leave my friends and family alone.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

This company continues to contact me. EVERY. DAY. They call from a D.I. D (Local Area Code). Thinking it may be a business call, I called the number back. Today I spoke with a representative by the name of "Debra". She sounded like a middle aged chain smoker. I informed Debra that I have a lawyer assisting me. She starting screaming at me. Becoming very nasty and aggressive. I stayed silent until she stop screaming "WHO IS YOUR LAWYER?!". Before I could speak she said "Yeah, that's what I thought." She would not let me speak. I wished her a blessed day and hung up. I call back immediately to speak with a supervisor.

I informed the representative I will be reporting them to the BBB, CFPB, ACA, and Attorney General. I was connect to the supervisor Mr. **. Gave him my lawyer's information. I felt a little better after this. Until I thanked him and was about to hang up. That was when I heard "Debra" (I knew it was her by her chain smoker voice) said "Is that, that **?" and started laughing. Point is, there are laws to protect us. Research them! Report this company to the BBB, CFPB, ACA, and Attorney General. Also, I stated to both Debra and Mr. **- I was calling from my company phone, which is a recorded line. I will be presenting that as well.

Original review: May 10, 2016

I had a missed call and when I called the number back, a very rude gentleman asked who I was looking for. I explained that THEY called ME. Craig stated he was calling about an ER visit from 2012 and that I need to pay the balance owed today. I told him that I refused to pay anything without some sort of paperwork to verify this was a valid charge. Craig said they are a collections agency not a billing agency and that they weren't going to send me anything. I immediately disconnected the call.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2015

I owed $161, my very last payment waiting on unemployment. I was only 31 days late on one month payment and they came in repoed my truck. I cannot believe that the whole time I worked with them I made every single payment on time or before time. I do not recommend this company to anybody.

UPDATED ON 12/11/2015: Just wanted to give an update. I finally talked with someone at Phoenix financial. So my last payment was $161. Not even being one month late, they racked up a total of $711.89. To break that down $390 for repo fee, $161 plus interest plus a one time late fee. After the 5 day grace period for the payment they will absolutely not work with you. They automatically put out a repo order. Figure out the math from above and I wish you all the luck in the world if you ever get in a financial bind.

Original review: July 14, 2015

I was contacted regarding a balance on a medical bill. I made a payment and agreed to make monthly payments. They turned me into credit reporting even though I paid a payment that day and I made arrangements. I called them and their rep told me it did not matter that is their system.

Original review: May 18, 2015

I was called by some very rude reps about an outstanding bill in the amount of $ 27.86, date of service: 03/11/14. Why wait over 1 year to collect and then want it paid immediately on the phone? I will mail you a personal check. A few more days shouldn't matter, right? I'm also making a copy so you can't say you didn't get the check like you did, that other lady said in her comment. I will make sure to not ever have to do business with you again and also tell all my friends and relatives about your "super" services.

Original review: May 14, 2015

I have received call after call from people from this company that are extremely rude and not willing to send me in writing why they are calling me. They submit to the credit report an unpaid bill that I never seen before, and they are not willing to send me the information in writing.

Original review: April 7, 2015

This company called me 7 times in less than an hour. I called back and talked to a guy named ** who was completely rude. He would not tell me what company he was with until he knew my name. I refused to release my name because they already know your name when you call yet he still refused to tell me anything but his name. I asked him 4 times to tell me what company he was with and he refused. He said it was tit for tat and I had to tell him my name first and I declined. He said goodbye and my name and hung up on me so he knew who I was all along. Completely disrespectful and rude!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2015

Okay, so my husband and I got our car in July of 2014, we have only been late on our payment 1-2 times due to my husband being laid off from work and me being a stay at home mother looking for work.. So we donated just to get our car payment made. Our car payments are 227.00 a month which we have made every month late or not and it's never way late, is only 3-4 days late. It is now Feb 2015, we've had our car for almost a year now. Our car payment is due on the 1st of every month and we have until the 5th and then they call for a reason why we didn't make our payment. And when could we make one... my husband was still laid off and I had just got a job and I didn't get my first paycheck until the 10th.

I had called once and had to leave a message but got no reply... I was at work on Saturday, Feb 07th 2015 and I call my husband to see where he was at. He then proceeds to tell me that he thinks our car has been reposed, I ask why and he says he didn't even know until he woke up and walked outside to get in the car to come get me from work that he realized the car wasn't there. Nobody from the towing company came and knocked on the door asking for keys or to say to get our stuff from the car, instead took it without warning or explanation.

Phoenix Financial NEVER CALLED to say that they were repoing if we didn't make a payment they never called to ask why or when could make a payment or ANYTHING. NOTHING. ZIP. NO COMMUNICATION WHAT SO EVER. But they towed my car on a SATURDAY WHEN THEY WERE CLOSED AND COULDN'T BE REACHED. Not only was I not called but I TRIED TO GET A HOLD OF THEM TO MAKE PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS. I don't even know where to towing company is to get my possessions from the car.

Needless to say, this will not go unnoticed and I'm going to get my car back along with suing their company for every bit of expense I owe because they are crooks! Not only that but we owe a lot more money they we should be paying ... This is literally unbelievable and I don't even know why this company is still open... There will be a lawsuit from me and there will be a call from my lawyer. I hope they are ready for that.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2015

I am unemployed at the moment. I missed Dec payment and my January payment was due Sunday which they are closed on Sunday and so I called them up to see what I could do and what all I need to pay to get everything caught up but they did not even send me a notice when I missed December's payment or what the late fee would be or nothing. They are ** and my mom is a type two diabetic, insulin-dependent and disabled and that was our only transportation. I told Mellissa that I had a good chance at having a job with another company and that if hired I could get caught up on my payments this month but they cost me the job and any future job I may get since I have no way to get around.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2014

In October 2014 I was ill and had a friend drop off my payment (On Time). When she returned with the receipt my friend told me just how much information they told her. How many payments left, balance, interest rate. WITHOUT even asking WHO this person was. I am a SENIOR CITIZEN. I have always worked really hard to PROTECT my PERSONAL BUSINESS. And one ACT of KINDNESS from my friend to drop off a payment could OPEN up this ACT of INJUSTICE to me. I have never been late on a payment. What would been so HARD for them to MAIL out a RECEIPT to my address? I feel and believe my right have been VIOLATED in this issue with Phoenix Financial. I would like you to look into this matter PLEASE...

Original review: Sept. 5, 2014

These guys are complete crooks!! I financed with them years ago. I had some trouble making payments because I had to get out of a very bad situation and had to leave the state. I ended up as a single mom with two kids to take care on my own. I was flat broke. I got behind in my payments, but I was lucky enough to have people understand my situation and help me come up with two car payments. I was only a month and a half behind. But instead of working with me and letting me catch up on the payments, they said that I have 4 days to come up with $5,000 to pay off the loan. That was how much my loan was in the first place. I had made three month payments on times before. How could I possibly owe the same amount that I started with??? They also threatened my children and me. Harassed my family!!! So instead of paying them the money (which I did not have anyway) and they never came to get the car, I Hired a lawyer!! I was not going to let them treat me with that kind of disrespect!

Well, she tried to contact them several times and they refused to talk to her or return any of her calls. She looked at the loan agreement and found out that they were charging too much interest that was illegal in all states. She also said that threatening me and my children is a huge mistake! So if you ever feel that you are human and that life might bring you hardship sometimes and that you may have a chance that you could be late on a payment, do not expect these people to care at all. They are all about the money and that's it. I DO NOT RECOMMEND PHOENIX FINANCIAL LLC!!! If I could give them no stars I would!

Original review: May 17, 2014

So I got an auto loan thru them last year in June for the amount of $3,742.40. I put down $800.00 that left the amount to be $2,942.40. I have been paying since June of last year. My payments were $164.50 a month that means I should only owe $1461.90 as of march, so I missed April's payment because of some family issues. I have missed payments before and I have always paid late fees and plus the following months pay so when I was 29 days late - not even one month, they repossessed the car and the funny part is, I don't even live in Idaho no more. I'm only here because my dad is sick. I live in Reno and a single mother of four and were now stuck here and have no way to get home.

Anyways I call to see what I can do, I even tried to call to see if I could talk to someone before they took the car, and they told me only one person could talk to me, even the two truck drivers said she won't talk to me before he called her to let her know that he had the car!!! Okay, so I finally get a hold of her the next day and she told me that I would have to pay $945.76. Wow, in 10 days I would have to pay April's, the payment I was late on and then May's and June's, then late fees and plus the towing fee. Wow, the towing fee that could have been stopped if someone would have talked to me!!!! Okay so now do the math, so $493.50 would be 3 months payment so that leaves a $400 dollar towing fee???

Ok, so I tell the lady I'm getting some money in June and I was just going to pay the car off and I asked if she could talk to the owners and let them know that I could pay off the car in June. But as of right now I don't have $945.76, and that when she tell me that if I were to do that, I would have to pay $2,995.76, that is more then the loan!!!! And if I were to pay this much the whole year. I have paid was where? In their pocket!!!! Now we have no way to get back home and I have a repo in my record, so getting another car - well, THANK YOU FOR NOTHING, PHOENIX FINANCIAL!!!

Original review: July 13, 2013

I sent my payment through the mail, and was told by Phoenix Financial that they did NOT receive my payment! That is very hard to believe. What is my recourse here in a situation like this? Is it their word against mine? This is ridiculous!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2012

I was promised that my payments were being reported every month, but they have never reported my payments to credit company. I am pissed. Having this loan has hurt and not helped my credit. I have made all my payments. They are rude and hateful people. They could care less about the customer. I am looking to get rid of my truck within a week. I will never go through them again and so should you if you want to help your credit and keep your sanity.

Phoenix Financial LLC Company Information