toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Dear Donna,
Thank you very much for your kind words.
We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to work with great people like you.
Take great care and we wish you nothing but the best in the future.

Dan

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I am from Taunton, Mass. I started depending on credit cards when I went back to college to get my teaching degree. I was only working part-time, but when I found the teaching position, I needed to get a new wardrobe. I moved and I had to furnish my apartment and I was allowing myself a few luxuries that I couldn’t afford like occasionally going out to dinner with friends. All of that really went on for between while I was in school, and just getting on my feet with my job, and getting my apartment together. That was a few years while I was using my cards pretty frequently and I ended up $25,000 in debt. That was after I had managed to pay off a couple of cards that had smaller amounts on them. It was discouraging because I realized that with what I was making, I just couldn’t pay enough to make any significant dent in what I owed, and it felt like I was going to be paying the cards for the rest of my life.

So doing some online research I found out about New Era Debt. I have just settled the last of three accounts. Mostly, I've read positive things. I did read one negative comment saying that “New Era had taken all of the money that I saved up just for their fee.” And I thought about that as I was in the process, and New Era was very upfront that their fee is 15% of the original debt. So I think it's pretty easy to calculate. If you're going to be saving up money for six months, how much beyond that are you going to be able to pay?

It was necessary for me to borrow a little bit of money to be able to finish the process. Even with the money that I borrowed, this was going to be about a total of two years from the time I started with New Era until I paid back what I also had to borrow to pay the debts. Two years seemed a lot better to me than the 20 that I was looking at. So it really has been a very positive change. I feel like it just has lifted an enormous weight from me. I'm ending up paying the 15% to New Era and what the settlement came out, so I'm still paying a little bit less than half of what it initially was. It made a huge difference to me. I was very thankful to have very considerate, friendly, and helpful people who explained everything to me and answered all of my questions to work with. So it's really been a positive experience and I thank New Era very much.

Dear Brittni,
Thank you for one of the best and most heartfelt reviews we ever received. I tell you it is an honor to work with people like you. We are so grateful that you gave us the opportunity. I promise we will keep working hard for you and provide you with the service and results you deserve.
All of us at New Era wish you the best!

Dan Smith

Original review: July 16, 2017

We had four major appliances break down in the same year and our water heater broke down the year before that. We had no money and started off making very little with a large family, so we had to use the credit card as a supplement. If we hadn't been in that position, then we would have been fine. Financially speaking, we should be able to live with my husband's income at the moment. It's the matter of debt that we have to take care of. We were making minimum payments and I did the math and realized in a couple of months, we weren't gonna be able to do that, so we decided to undergo a debt settlement program.

We called a few different debt places to compare and after talking to New Era, we felt that the other companies weren't as upfront and open about some of the processes as New Era was. We felt like we had to ask and drag the information out of them versus with New Era, which was the most open and honest about everything. They were willing to answer all of our questions and a lot of them were answered before we had to ask. I have three people who are on my team and in general, anytime we have questions, we call and they are happy to work with us. They've been polite, friendly and generally seemed to be a good bunch. I feel a lot more comfortable if the people seem good.

We communicated with our legal representative the most recently. Since New Era has the settlement, our legal representative explained the settlement options to us and has worked with us quite easily, helping to make things clear and make accommodations. When we first joined the accounts that we used to check on payments and keep track of our situation, they were in the process of changing it. I like how they've changed and updated the account because we can see when and how the payments were made to the different accounts. We can also see what the final settlement was, whereas before, when they were starting out, we couldn't see it exactly, so I would call them a lot more frequently to find out and keep track 'cause I'm a little OCD.

Four out of nine of our accounts have reached settlements and are being paid off. Our goal is to put tax money towards these payments to pay everything off and based off the previous tax payments, we know what we can expect. As long as my husband’s income situation stays the same, we should be completely debt-free, minus our mortgage, in two years. New Era’s service is above and beyond and they made the payment to where we could afford it. It was a four-year program and if we can afford to do it and get rid of our debt in four years, then we're paying for good quality service. They are highly satisfactory and beyond effective. I recommended a friend of mine to New Era Debt Solutions and they are in the program as well.

Dear Reese,
Thank you very much for your great review. I love hearing feedback from our clients. I am glad to hear that some pressure is off and that you are happy with the service you have received. I am disheartened to hear that you think we charge too much however. We are trying to be as efficient and affective as we possibly can without forfeiting the customer service and results our clients deserve.
New Era has one of the lowest fee structures in the debt settlement industry and we work hard to keep it low. If we can become even more efficient and are able to lower the prices we certainly would love to do that.
Thank you again for your candid remarks. We are very appreciative.

Dan Smith

Original review: July 15, 2017

We had too much debt to pay off. New Era Debt Solutions went to all of my debtors and negotiated a settlement. I pay them every month a set amount of money from my bank account to settle those debts and they take their fee. For what they do, they charge too much but they’ve been very helpful and responsive when we had questions or issues come up. We're currently going through it and we feel good about their service as we’re not stressing as much. It’s definitely taken some of the pressure off.

Dear Scott,
Thank you very much for your great review. It is always great to hear nice comments from our clients and we are very appreciative. We promise to keep working hard for you to help you as best we possibly can.
Wishing you nothing but the best!

Dan Smith

Original review: July 13, 2017

A debt settlement is the best option for my situation and I'm going through it with New Era Debt Solutions because I felt comfortable going with the person that I talked to. They went through and identified the debts that I had and then they took the responsibility for contacting the companies and trying to find a resolution. They also worked out different payment plans and options to reduce that debt. They always reach out to me and they take care of anything that needs to be addressed. There's not much that I have to do. The payments were a little overwhelming, but working with them helped reduce the overall monthly amount I had to pay and got me on the right track to be able to get my life back in order.

Dear James,
Thank you for your wonderful review!
Rest assured we are going to work hard for you to help you get to financial freedom.
Thank you again.

Dan Smith

Original review: July 12, 2017

I didn't want to file bankruptcy so I went with New Era to help me settle my debt. They are the most legit company and they had the best reviews. I'm going through the settlement process right now and so far, so good. The hardest problem I had was being on the East Coast and not on the West Coast. Since I work straight shifts, it’s hard to get a hold of me. But they do really well with email conversations, and they've been friendly and helpful both over the phone and email. They're also quick at getting back with me. I’ve been making my monthly payments, and New Era has gotten two out of my six creditors paid off. If they can take care of my debts for me and I can still live my life, that would be awesome. I feel great with their service overall and I'm working as fast as I can to get to financial freedom.

Dear Ashlea,
Your wonderful review is very much appreciated and taken to heart.
We love hearing from great clients like you and we promise to keep working hard for you to earn your positive praises.
It is an honor for us to be able to work with people like you.
Wishing you the best always.

Dan Smith

Original review: July 6, 2017

I was in a situation that got out of control and I wanted to get my debts wrapped back up. I spoke with a rep from New Era Debt Solutions a couple of times and she wasn’t judgmental like some of the other people whom I spoke with. I got a very good feeling from her. I’m currently going through New Era’s debt settlement program. What New Era does is they take all of your unsecured debt and lump it in one manageable payment that you can make per month. Then, they go out and settle with the credit card companies or it gets turned over to collections and then, they keep you updated on where you’re at as far as what account has settled. I’ve been happy with the whole situation. However, I wished I talked to the rep more, but you can only talk so much before you’re saying the same thing over and over. It’s a process where you could just sit back and let happen. Being with New Era also has taken off a little pressure.

The interest rate is pretty high but at the same time, when you’re getting reduced settlement and you’re not paying the interest rate to the credit card companies that are trying to get out of you, it’s worth it. It’s been positive working with New Era. They do what they say and they’re not judgmental. I know that some of my debts are due to irresponsibility but a lot is taken out of your hands when there’s death in the family and etc. So, you can tell that New Era is really there to help you. It’s also been a humbling experience because you have to accept certain things that you wanted to be able to fix on your own, but this company will guide you through that process and make it as easy as possible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about New Era Debt Solutions?

Dear Deborah,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
We will keep working hard on your behalf and do our very best for you.

Dan Smith

Original review: July 5, 2017

New Era Debt Solutions offered a better program. I’m still going through debt settlement with them and they worked very good with me. They talked to my creditors, so I don’t have to. I would highly recommend them to relieve the stress of dealing with creditors and their good plan. They will also work with you depending on your financial situation. I’m very pleased with the service they provide.

Dear Ashley,
Thank you very much for your kind words and your great review. All of us at New Era are extremely appreciative. It is an honor for us to be able to work with great people like you and to help you get back on track. We will continue to work hard for you to get this debt behind you.
We wish you nothing but the best!

Dan Smith

Original review: July 3, 2017

I wanted to get rid of my debts but I couldn't afford to pay other debt settlement companies especially the ones where I have to keep up with the one-time payment. New Era had good reviews so I went to them to do the settlement of my debts. I called them and they've all been nice. They respond very quickly and promptly via email. I’ve talked to the person who does the negotiating and to the lady that works in the office with the account. They’ve never not helped me or answered any of my questions. I gave them the list of the debts that I had, then needed to show proof of all the accounts. From there, I signed some paperwork and they started making calls on their own and getting settlements.

The cost is usually 20%. Mathematically, it takes a little stress off of doing it myself. New Era is able to divide it up into payments with the loan companies than me trying to settle it myself. They usually don’t want to do a settlement and payments at the same time. They just want a lump sum so it’s been very helpful. It’s been two years now and it’s been perfect, so far. I had 13 accounts and I have three left now so I’m almost done with the program. Overall, my experience with New Era has been positive. I’m looking forward to the next six months when I’m all finished and I can start getting back on track again.

Dear Alexis,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for giving New Era the opportunity to work with you. We promise to keep working hard on your behalf. Your comments mean the world to us and we are very appreciative.

Dan Smith

Original review: July 2, 2017

I'm currently going through the debt settlement program and I felt that New Era Debt Solutions gave me the best rates. Initially, I sent them all my credit card statements that I got so that they knew which cards to settle. So every month when I send my payment, the money builds up on my account and they can settle different cards the more money that accumulates. They're working on it one at a time. I mainly talk to Jason and TC, and they've both been extremely helpful. And if I had any questions, they were very responsive.

They said it would take three years to get everything taken care of. I've settled two cards so far, then another one's gonna be settled by September so I'm almost halfway there. Also, the cost of the service was reasonable and they worked with me according to what I can afford. Everyone I've spoken to was very informative, friendly, and they made me feel very comfortable so I like it so far.

Dear Anna,
Thank you very much for your comments and your review. We appreciate them very much. I see you are waiting for your first settlement. Rest assured we are going to work hard for you to get the best settlement possible to save you as much money as possible. We are only happy when you are happy.

President

Original review: July 1, 2017

I couldn’t see myself getting out of debt at the rates that I was paying at various interest rates, and there were reviews online that suggested that New Era was the best company I could find. I sent them everything that I had from my different creditors. We’ve received offers and we’ve decided to hold. They've checked in with me about it and they recommended that I wait longer. The service has been fine, but we’re in the process so I’m going to know more when I actually settle. Sometimes the fees seem a little bit high and anything you’re paying extra seems like a lot, but overall it seemed reasonable and I haven’t had any issues so far. They’ve called me back when I’ve called them and they’re reasonable to discuss things with on the phone.

Dear Anthony,
We can't thank you enough for your kind words and nice comments. They really mean a lot to us and we love hearing from great clients like you. We will keep working hard to provide the great service that you deserve.

President

Original review: June 29, 2017

I wanted to get out of debt and the research that we did indicated that New Era Debt Solutions would be a good company to go with. We turned in what needed to get resolved and New Era negotiated for us for a lower term and payments depending on their negotiation with the companies I owed money to. New Era has been very good. If we had any trouble or any questions, we were always able to call and see what's going on or get our questions answered. The cost of their service was reasonable, too. New Era has been very capable and we've been very satisfied.

Dear Ryan,
This is a fantastic review and all of the team here at New Era are extremely grateful for your comments. You made our day!
We promise to keep working hard for you to earn your praises.
We certainly wish the best for you.

Dan Smith

Original review: June 28, 2017

I was originally looking into the normal counseling but when I was looking deeper, I saw that New Era had excellent reviews. I reached out to them and the rep Alex got back to me and explained to me that I can go through counseling but it's going to take so much longer and I'll end up paying more. I was trying to get my finances in order and I wanted to get back on track as soon as possible. Alex was very responsive and the team that I’ve worked with pretty much handled everything such as every question and concern that I had.

The process involved filling up the paperwork and getting them the info they needed for the accounts. And then they went over my income and what I could afford every month and they took over from there. They told me to let them know if I had any letters or calls and that they would handle it. Also, they didn’t take anything upfront. They’ve taken their fees for the ones that they’ve settled and it still ended up being a lot less than dealing with them on my own or going with a competitor.

Debt settlement is something I’ve never went through before so I was anxious and worried. But I wasn’t getting anywhere trying to handle it on my own. It would have taken years and years to get things paid off. As of now, I already have two accounts settled and then a lot of my higher-balanced ones are coming to an end, too. The rep estimated three years that I would finish the program but at this point, it might be less than that.

For anyone who is struggling and looking at their options, definitely check New Era out. The only kind of downside is the hit that they take to my credit. But it’s definitely better than bankruptcy or taking years and years and never completing the program. Overall, it's an excellent service and I’ve recommended them to my dad and a couple of other people.

Dear Dragan,
Thank you very much for your comments and for your review. We love hearing from you. We are going to keep working hard for you to provide the service you deserve.

Dan Smith

Original review: June 26, 2017

I am feeling good so far with New Era's services. It’s definitely helping and the team is very positive. You talk about what it's going to cost then set up the price and you work on it.

Dear Cindy,
It has been a great pleasure working with you and Larry. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to help out with your situation. You are right when you say that some creditors are tougher than others. That is true. Some play hard ball and that means we need to fight harder. Thank you for allowing us to jump in and fight for you. We love you guys and we want you to be happy and have a lot of success.
Wishing you nothing but the best always!
Your friend,

Dan

Original review: June 24, 2017

We love New Era. They were a godsend. We're just about done with our debt settlement. We figured our chances with our credit is better than a bankruptcy because we made an effort. Plus, my friend I went to high school with, Dan, is the man we dealt with. And he's very successful, pleasant knowledgeable and gives respect. New Era contacts our creditors. Some of the creditors don't want to deal with them and they weren't very successful with other ones. The quality of service I received was excellent. It takes a lot of crap off your shoulders. And you don't have to have any nasty letters coming to you any longer. I just took them over to Dan's office. And no nasty phone calls. The cost of service compared to the quality was very fair. Thanks to New Era. It's going to be wonderful.

Dear Cindy,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your wonderful review.
All of us at New Era are sincerely appreciative.

Dan Smith

Original review: June 22, 2017

I was getting farther and farther behind with the medical bills and I needed some help. I did some research on debt settlement and New Era Debt Solutions had some good reviews. I filled out paperwork, discussed it with the folks there and they told me what my options were and what Wells Fargo normally does. It felt good getting their service. It's helped me a lot and has taken a lot of pressure off. The communication has also been great. As soon as they want to do anything, they get a hold of me right away. Whenever I have a question, whenever I call or email, I get a quick response, which is really important to me. And so far, things are moving right along like they said that it would.

Dear Aleyamma,
Thank you very much for your short and sweet review.
We promise to keep on being as helpful to you as we possibly can.
It is always great to hear from great clients like you.

Dan Smith

Original review: June 19, 2017

I looked up help that I can get for my finances and New Era Debt Solutions came up. They have been very helpful.

Dear Crystal,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review. We love hearing from great clients like you.
Also thank you for understanding our phone call to you early in your program. We just want to make sure that we present any and all great settlement offers when we get them just in case. We are always thinking about our clients' best interests and to present all great opportunities.
We wish you all the best and we will continue working hard for you to make certain your program is a total success.

Dan Smith

Original review: June 17, 2017

We're currently going through the debt settlement program with New Era Debt Solutions because our minimum payments were more than what we can afford. They have one of the lower overall fees compared to other companies and they gave us a low monthly payment, as well. They told us to stop paying all of our credit card bills altogether and we've been making one monthly payment to the company and they kind of save it up for us then once there's enough money in that account they make a deal with the credit card companies to pay it off at a lower payoff.

The only thing was, in the very beginning, one person handling our account had contacted me to see if we can come up with a few thousand dollars because a credit card company was trying to do a settlement with us and the credit card company was offering us a really good deal for a payoff. But we weren't able to come up with that money all at once at that time. And we had just started the program. Other than that, everybody has been really helpful and informative and I'd recommend them.

Dear Sonja,
Thank you very much for you absolutely wonderful and candid review. Your comments mean the world to us. Your story is also a testament of your strength and willingness to hang tough even when things get rough. We promise to walk with you every step of the way. You are a great client and we promise to keep working hard for you to get you the best results possible.
We wish you nothing but the best now and in the future.

Dan Smith

Original review: June 16, 2017

My husband and I have lots and lots of debt. We were both working full-time and not doing a great job managing. I also have a degenerative disc disease where my discs have begun to crumble. So, after the fifth spinal surgery, the doctor told me that I had to retire. In the process of retiring, I was without any income. I had six months disability and then it took a while to get social security and we were paying everything with credit cards. We didn’t have a way to make ends meet and everything spiraled out of control. It was bad enough that we had debt before my retirement. We reached the point that we just wanted to pay everyone. My husband did not want to file bankruptcy so I checked into some companies. New Era was one of the first two that I called and I liked what they said about their program. They fully disclosed how they handled the situation and so we started the program.

Initially, New Era told me all of the documentation that they needed. They had me fill out all of the forms and the power of attorney, then they kept me abreast of what was going on. They explained the process of getting my account and where the money went, how it was held and how they got paid. When they’ve settled a debt, then they get paid for that debt. Getting started was fairly easy but saving up enough money to actually start tackling some of the debt took six months.

A credit union took me to court to sue me for the money. But weeks before going in for the final hearing, they ended up settling. New Era continually called, made proposals and let them know we didn't want to default. We wanted to pay but we can’t pay the whole thing. I am now going through a second lawsuit with Discover Bank and they told me Discover is notorious. I may be their first client that has gone through this twice now. Discover has slapped down every single thing that we’ve tried to do within our reasonable budget. They’re going for the throat in two weeks and they still haven’t budged.

With New Era, the cost is a very fair value for what I get. The biggest problem is you have to listen to them and you have to understand that they know how these companies operate and you have to sometimes be a lot more patient than you want to be. In the long run, things have worked out besides Discover. The team is knowledgeable and they’re communicating with one another, trying to do some problem solving, getting ideas from each other. They have an attorney that specializes in this. He talked to me on two different occasions. They're working towards the goal and they’re not dropping the ball.

They’re doing a great job and I appreciate them being informative and open to me anytime I need to speak with them. They’ve even been empathetic and held my hand through the process. Whenever I was in doubt, they comforted me and assured me we’re doing the right thing and so far, it has worked out. They're amazing and I would recommend them.

Hi Maria,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review!
Your comments mean a lot to us.
We are happy that we get the chance to work with great people like you.
Please take great care of yourself and we always wish you the best.

Dan Smith

Original review: June 14, 2017

When I went to nursing school, I accumulated a lot of debts because I couldn’t get loans for school. When I got out of school, I couldn’t find a job right away and couldn’t pay at all. Now, I am going through New Era Debt Solutions' debt program. I went with them because of the reviews, and when I called them they had an excellent customer service and were just very friendly. When I first called New Era Debt Solutions', they got somebody that figured out what my needs were. She referred me to someone else who started handling my case. They asked me to give them like an amount that I can pay a month. They set up a certain account for them to use to pay off the debt. They relieved a lot of stress for me because I don’t have to deal with the calls anymore.

I mostly talk to the New Era Debt Solutions team by email, as it is my preferred method of communication. I work night shift and it's not easy for me to call people during the day. The few times I talked to them on the phone, they were great, very friendly, well-informed, and were able to answer all my questions. Also, they gave me support the few times I needed it. I hope that they stay in business forever.

I felt myself becoming overwhelmed with different creditors and I wanted to have everything follow through a debt settlement program. I’m currently going through a program with New Era after googling, and me calling and speaking to different people, and seeing who gave me some helpful information. It’s been okay thus far but sometimes I feel like I don’t know what’s going on. Jason, the guy I’m working with is usually pretty easy for me to call and get some answers. But I don’t even really know my program’s status. We’ve made some settlement agreements with different people but I’m really not sure what those settlement agreements are. And I have other friends going through other programs and they’re able to go online and look at different stuff. So I want to be able to look at something online so I can keep track of my program, and there may be something online, but I’ve never been made aware of it.

Everybody’s case is different but I was getting a lot of things head-on where people had filed different things with attorneys and having to go to court and things like that and I was confused on what to do. And I pay an extra $19.99 on top of what I pay a month for lawyer assistance if needed. But I really don’t even know how that works or how that’s helping me do it. My overall experience has been eye opening in regards to comparing and contrasting some different programs more in-depth.

Hello Salud,
Thank you very much for your review! I am glad we were able to settle your debts for you. I don't know why you did not get a call back but we will give you a call right away.
Thank you again and I wish you the best!

Dan Smith

Original review: May 28, 2017

I was trying to settle all my debts and New Era was closer to home and at that moment I was already desperate to find somebody that can help me. The first rep that I talked to resigned and then I worked with Tony who was very helpful. New Era had to contact all my debtors, all the things that I owe and then we settled them one at a time. I was able to make and settle my account with their program. It was costly but it helped me a lot because I was already late with my payment and companies were harassing and even threatening to sue me. I completed the program and I've tried to call them three months ago to confirm this. I already left messages but nobody called me back.

Hi William,
Thank you very much for your great review!
It is always great to hear nice comments from clients like you and you are truly appreciated.

Dan Smith

Original review: May 26, 2017

I'm currently going through the debt settlement program with New Era because I was so far in debt that I'm unable to do it on my own. I had a recommendation from a friend who has used New Era before and they're like the middlemen who deals with the creditors themselves and help make deals to pay off the debt. My interactions with their team have been good. They're courteous and very professional. They seemed to care about acting on my behalf and helping me out. New Era's program has taken a big burden off of me as far as worrying about dealing with all the different aspects of the different companies on my own so I've been able to live my life more normally. It's been a good experience.

Dear Sara,
We can't thank you enough for your wonderful review and your kind words. We love working with great clients like you. We wish for you a lot of success and happiness now and in the future.

Dan Smith

Original review: May 25, 2017

When we were looking for New Era, the first place we pulled some stuff off was in ConsumerAffairs and thathelped us in our decision to go with them. When my husband and I started last December, New Era said the program would be about three years but we're looking right at a year and a half because we've accelerated our payments. We called them, they explained to us how the program worked and we signed up with them. They took care of all of our accounts for us. What I've been happy about was that they were able to get the companies to not contact us right away. So, we haven't had all the phone calls. Actually, I believe every single one of our accounts is settled now. We're just paying out what's left.

The cost might be a little bit high though. But, we were so eager to get out of debt. I had no time to devote to taking care of all that myself. So, it's been nice to have somebody there to be able to do it for me and not have the worry on my shoulders. So, the extra cost was worth it because I didn't have to deal with the companies. I've enjoyed working with them. I love how the rep has been available. Any time I need him, I can much call and get a hold of him within 24 hours. And they're always good and accommodating. When we've had to lower our payments one month, or raise our payments another month, they've always been so good to work with us on that. We're not quite out of the program yet but we're getting near the end. So, we're very excited to be done with it soon. If anybody were to ask us and say they're in debt, I would tell them to call New Era because they've done it for us and I think they'll do it for them, as well.

Dear Donna,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
It is always great to hear nice things from great clients like you.
It is fantastic to hear that you have had a very good experience with New Era.
Thank you again Donna and we wish you the best now and in the future!

Dan Smith

Original review: May 18, 2017

I knew I was having some issues and needed to do something about my debt so I ended up going through debt settlement. Initially, I went with a company that didn't do clients in Indiana and the lady I talked to on the phone referred me to New Era Debt Solutions so I sent an email asking about them. Within two hours, I had an answer. I gave New Era a list of all the debts I wanted them to pay off, negotiate and consolidate for me. In turn, New Era wanted me to do a hardship letter and stop answering calls from my debt collectors and refer the collectors to them.

The people I worked with are fabulous. When I don't understand what is going on, they explain to me. While I have to pay them monthly, they distribute it accordingly among my creditors. Moreover, when they settle with one of the creditors, I'm informed. I'm not left in the dark regarding my account. While I'm not crazy about the cost of their services, it's still cheaper than if I would have had to do it all by myself because they were able to negotiate the payment down for me. I’ve had a very good experience with New Era and their associates.

Dear Allen,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
Your comments mean the world to us.
We promise to keep fighting for you and you have my word on that.

Dan Smith

Original review: May 17, 2017

My experience using New Era Debt Solutions has been excellent. We have not completed the program yet but we're about two years or so out. They were very responsive and very good at explaining what's happening. I feel upfront every step of the way. I don't feel like anything is being held back from us. I really feel that they're fighting for our interest. Overall, it's worth every penny.

Dear Loretta,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide a review for all of us here at New Era. Your comments mean a lot to us and we sincerely appreciate your honesty. We always strive to get better to provide the best customer service we can so your feedback is greatly appreciated.
We will continue to work hard for you and our other clients.
We are only happy and satisfied when our clients are as well.
We wish you the best!

Dan Smith

Original review: May 15, 2017

I had just started a business, but due to my divorce, it didn't go the way I wanted it to. I needed to end my business and use the money for my divorce, so I had all these debts I wanted to try settle. I didn't wanna have to file bankruptcy, so I went into debt settlement with New Era Debt Solutions. The lady that I talked to on the phone made me feel comfortable. She felt very real to me and she made me feel really confident. She gave me good advice on what to and not to do, what to expect after I pay my debt off and what to do about that. She really put it all in perspective.

The process has been good. Once I gave New Era all of my information, they took care of it. I don't have to worry about the debt collectors calling me, which was a big part of the stress. The process has been a little long but it's because of the payments I'm making. I had hoped for a couple of my debts to get settled a little bit lower than they did, but I don't understand the process so that's just how it goes. The only thing that I wished was that I would get emails more often about where I was as far as paying off my debts, so I could look at it and know where I am instead of just getting a statement in my email. But every time I send an email out wanting to know something about my case or anything like that, they're very quick at emailing me back.

I filed bankruptcy in the past when I was young, and that's really hard to come back from. That's why I really like the debt solutions. Everything's easy. I just pay my payment every month and that's it. New Era worked with me on getting a payment that's manageable from my income versus my monthly bills. It doesn't put a strain on me. They're the best choice to make if you have any debt problems so that you don't have to resort to anything like bankruptcy.

Dear Amanda,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. Your comments are very important to us. First let me apologize for the poor communication your received. Customer communication is critically important to me and all of us at New Era. I will personally look into it.
Your situation was very tough especially being a single Mom that had to travel so far to get to work. I am sorry you had to go through all of that but you did what you had to do. It is nearly impossible to get ahead when you are in a situation like that.
I am hopeful that we were able to help you despite our communication delay which will be addressed. Your satisfaction is of utmost importance and we are not satisfied unless you are.
Thank you for allowing New Era to work with you through this very tough time. We certainly wish you the best and much happiness now and in the future.

Dan Smith

Original review: May 14, 2017

I lost my job and while I was trying to find one, the ones available required me to travel and I’m not going to bring in the money that I used to. I was a single mom. Even though I was trying, I was literally burning through my savings trying to get things paid off. And even though I’m making payments, I wasn’t getting ahead. It was getting to the point where I was going to have to choose between feeding my child or paying the credit card bills. I’ve called and told them the situation and they didn’t care. I even asked for a lower interest so I could pay because I was paying $1,000 a month. I couldn’t do that anymore especially with me having to drive almost three hours one way. I was making $24 an hour, which isn't great money when you have to travel, put miles on your car and leave your child with relatives. I had a mortgage at home and then I have to pay rent when I was out of town. It was not a good situation.

I looked at the reviews of other people who have gone into debt settlement and the other companies are shady. I can’t afford to be swindled. I can take some of the reviews with a grain of salt. You can't please everyone. I know that from being a nurse. You could literally save someone’s life and they're still going to chew you out on something. The ratio of the positive reviews versus the negative was much higher with New Era versus some of the other ones. But I haven't been super pleased with the feedback I've gotten from New Era because I have to call to get the updates because they don’t send them. Sometimes I get the runaround but things are getting settled. The biggest balance finally got settled about a month ago, but I had called to find out the status of that. I had to call about four times to try to just find out what's even going on with it. That gave me that instant, “Did I make a mistake?”

During the debt consolidation process, they talked with me and asked me why I needed it so they can make sure that I wasn’t some frivolous person who was going to try to do it indefinitely. I had a great job where I was bringing in $5,000 a month. I was a travel nurse, but some of the hospitals that I was traveling to hired enough permanent staff where it wasn’t something that they wanted to do with travelers because travel nurses are expensive. The hospital that was in my hometown didn’t pay $20 an hour for a nurse with a bachelor’s degree and the experience that I had. I could go to McDonald’s and work for more than that and have less liability.

They asked me about why and what the situation was. Then once they approved me, they asked for statements of my credit cards. There were three things that I had. Two of them were very small and one of them was large. It was the large amount that I couldn’t get ahead of. With all of it combined, I was drowning. After that, they did a power of attorney type of stuff to where they could be the ones who could talk with the debt collectors or the credit card companies and then they took over everything. I still got some collection calls but not as many. They told me I was going to get them for a while because it took a while to get it going, but then after they were able to make contact with the credit cards, they all stopped. I had always paid my bills, and I have never been in that situation. It was a new experience for me.

In the beginning the rep was very personable and almost like a friend. She contacted me and told me she would handle most parts of my account. I would email her back and forth, but then sometimes it would take a couple of days to get something back from her. I would ask, “Where are we at with this?” “Well, I don’t know. I'm not at my desk right now. I'll have you talk to Jason or whoever.” I'd call and I'd leave a message, and I wouldn't get a call back for a couple of days. So that was one of those, “Oh, my goodness. Was this one of those where it was a scam and they had paid someone to make good reviews?” It was the first thing that went through my mind.

Then I got to where I was persistent about calling and saying, “Hey, I really need to know an update.” When I talked to some people, they'd say, “Well, this is where we’re at. We're waiting for the company to acknowledge that we have sent over this power of attorney thing so that they will talk to us. They're not talking to us yet.” I was like, “Well, how long does that take?” “Well, it could take a week.” Then I was like, “Will someone let me know?” “Oh, yeah. We'll let you know.” But then I wouldn't hear a feedback, so I'd have to call again. So as far as the actual operations of it, the communication wasn’t that great. It was the initial one that got you in that was great, but after that, it really did kind of slide.

Having to track them down and find out what was going on caused me some anxiety but the settlement program with New Era Debt Solutions has made my life more positive because it got me out from underneath that. For the most part, I've completed it. I have one more thing to be settled worth $800. That should be done in no time. I would recommend New Era but I would tell them I had some reservations with it but that this was my experience and at least it was settled. To someone else to know, I would say, “Hey, it's great. Try to use them. Don’t use anybody else.” There would be some hesitation.

Dear David,
Thank you very much for your great review.
I promise we will keep working hard for you until you are completely done.

Dan Smith

Original review: May 13, 2017

I had move out here in Michigan and a lot of the moving cost, we just racked up with multiple credit cards. I was drowning in the payments and I was losing in the interest, so even with payments, it was going up. So we started looking at debt settlement. When I looked online and typed in for some of the best debt consolidation settlement, New Era was ranked one of the better ones and I have seen that they had low fees and worked quickly. So those were two perks for me. I saw good things from New Era, so that's when I decided to go with them, call them and see what they could do and that's when they told me about the program and we decided to go forward with it.

They made the trust for me and I put $380 there a month. And then after that, I gave them all the card info and all the letters I got stating what I needed to pay and they made the agreements on my behalf for the multiple companies. And then they would send me the deal to see if I liked it. Like some companies forgave some of the debt or a percentage of it as long as I stuck to a payment plan for them.

Sissy and Tony are the two people that I worked with at New Era and they've been good. They always answer what I have say or get back to me upon figuring out what I need to do. They make sure that we have good settlements with the companies. I also have much contact with them. Once we got started, I do the stuff and they let me know if anything's changed or if the companies were able to settle. Every time I've talked to them, they've been very professional and polite and we've been able to work forward towards getting rid of all the debt.

And it seems like I'm able to make a set monthly payment and it's paying off a lot of debt. It looks like we were able to pay almost 50% of what the total amount was and that made us happy. I just have my payments withdrawn automatically, so I like that. It was a hefty percentage or it's a little overcharged but everyone is doing it. And everywhere I looked, it was that. It's not like theirs was higher than anyone else's. Theirs is a bit lower and with them getting the good settlements, even though I'm paying that percentage, I'm still saving money because I'm not having to pay back all of what was initially owed.

Hopefully I don't get a call and be like, "Well actually, we have to extend it two years." But Federal Credit Union is one that I still haven't been able to make a deal with so it shows up bad on my credit because I haven't technically settled with them yet. But other than that, everything else has worked out perfectly. As far as I know and looking at it, it looks like everything's going smoothly.

Dear Nelson,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review and your very nice comments. The truth is it makes us happy when our clients are happy.
We promise to keep working hard for you.
All the best!

Dan Smith

Original review: May 12, 2017

I'm going through a debt settlement program with New Era and they're doing awesome. The salesperson that I talked to first was pretty nice, honest, transparent, and clear. Everything was great and has been accommodating my current situation. Their services are excellent and I'm happy.

Hello,
Thank you very much for your great review and kind words.
We love hearing from great customers like you.
I will follow up on your account and we will get back to you soon with an update on current activities.
Thank you also for your nice comments about Tony and Cecy. You are in really good hands with them.
I wish you the best and thanks again.

Dan Smith

Original review: May 7, 2017

I was so behind with my payments so my husband recommended New Era. I called them and they told me to send in my statements and told me a comfortable amount I should put in every month. I signed some paperwork and agreed with an automatic transfer from my bank account. In the beginning, they've been updating me all the time. I had a good experience with the first ones that settled. Tony and then Cece were very good and quick in their response. There was another guy but he just did one settlement with me because I have to pay the two credit cards that I agreed to pay. It takes six months to do it and the other credit card was already completed.

I have to check them out because I have not received any paperwork from that credit card company that I already paid it. I have to go online because so far, New Era has not communicated with me for the past few months about it except maybe when I communicated that I need to move my automatic payment to a certain date. Nothing yet about any proposed payoff to other cards. I think it's been awhile and I'm ready for another card to complete.

I could probably settle the payments myself because it's prolonged so I want to go back to New Era and check if I could make the payment faster because I have a monthly payment for the bank as well. There are probably initiated fees to process those payments so I wanted to check that online. I want to see which card I should be starting with so I could pay them off quicker. They did help me tremendously. They're very good and they handle stuff for me. I send them the money and they pay off my stuff which is a big help because I don't have to deal with that. I definitely will recommend them.

Dear Jeffrey,
This is a great review and your comments mean the world to me.
It is truly a pleasure working with people like you.
Thank you very much for your kind words. To hear that you are happy and are referring others says everything.
I wish you the best now and in the future.

Dan Smith

Original review: May 6, 2017

Deciding to go with New Era was a long process. I heard of a lot of different companies, investigated a bunch of them and everything seemed like a scam. Nobody seemed like they're really giving me any good information. Then I had one person told me that they knew somebody at New Era and asked me to give that person a call. That's how I got them and because of that, they gave me a discount on the cost of it. If I had gotten there any other way, I may not have followed through because their cost is quite high but I totally understand as they need to get paid, too.

Their service was of excellent quality as well but the biggest thing is New Era's an honest company. They did what they said they were gonna do. Their people always told me the truth even if it wasn't something I wanted to hear but I knew exactly what to expect and they were dead on the whole way through. I've completed my program and I have recommended them to people.

New Era Debt Solutions Company Profile