4.78/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

New Era Debt Solutions

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

New Era Debt Solutions is one of the oldest and most experienced firms in the debt settlement industry. At New Era Debt Solutions, you do not have any upfront fees, in fact, our customers do not pay until they have reached a settlement. With over 17 years of experience, New Era Debt Solutions puts its customers first and lets them know what is best for them. Our goal to help people eliminate their debt as quickly and inexpensively as possible. With this in mind, we have been able to settle over $200,000,000 in client debt. Contact us today to learn more!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

71 New Era Debt Solutions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

These guys are the real deal! I was super impressed with their professionalism, thoroughness, knowledge, and communication. Alex, Tony and the rest of the team were able to save me thousands of dollars (they settled my debt less than 50 cents on the dollar INCLUDING their fees). They know what they're doing, are patient in explaining the process (It's very involved and you need to trust them. If you do, you'll be rewarded) and answered all my skeptical questions. You'll be SO thankful you went with New Era to handle your debt settling needs!

Dear Matt,
We can't thank you enough for your kind words. Believe me when I say it was an honor for us to work with you. We love helping great people like you when we can. All of us at New Era wish you much success and happiness in the future!

President

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I was unable to keep up with credit card payments. I went with New Era Debt Solution after searching online for reviews and readings. I contacted them and they gave me an information packet on what I needed to provide to them. One of their workers called and went through the whole process on accounting numbers. They provided me with next steps to do when issued an account that addresses stuff to their contact information. They took over from there and contacted me anytime there’s news or anything that needs to be decided. We've settled a couple of the accounts. All reps in New Era have been professional and polite. They knew what they were doing and were aware of what would be best to help me out. Working with them allowed us to better handle or at least see an end to how things will be in the future.

Dear Corey,
    We can't thank you enough for your wonderful review. We love hearing from great clients like you. We promise to keep doing the very best we can to take good care of you and get this debt behind you.
    We wish you all the best in the world.

President

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

New Era Debt Solutions rated very high in terms of transparency and their reviews seemed to be a lot more favorable than many of its competitors. So I decided to use New Era’s services. I'm currently undergoing the debt settlement program. The debt consolidation services was a very involved process. There was a lot of information exchanging back and forth. Then after everything was done, they put me in a plan and made me an account where I would put in the money and they used it to settle my accounts. The cost was a little steep but reasonable. It matches up with the overall quality of care they give me. They are reliable, trustworthy and accessible.

Dear Uram,
    Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
    We love hearing from great customers like you.
    Rest assured we will keep working for you to get you the very best settlements possible.

President

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

We were having trouble meeting the monthly notes. We tried to go with other debt settlement companies and never got any good results. They never followed through with what they promised. We happened to find New Era and we decided to through their debt settlement program. We filled out the application and they explained everything thoroughly including its period and what to expect along the line. They have taken the money like they're supposed to and settled a couple of debts. They've also been notifying us on what's going on, which we didn’t' get from any of the other two companies we've tried.

We hated to go through a debt settlement program because that's not something we wanted to do. But New Era has made it pleasant enough that we don't feel so bad about it. The cost of the service was what they told us and what we agreed with. Plus they were upfront with all the fees and there were no hidden fees unlike one of the other companies we tried that had a lot of hidden fees. Also, every time we've talked to any of their reps, they've been very helpful, nice, patient and thorough in their explanations. I have been very well satisfied with them. They’re faster and better than what I expected in settlements and in getting back to us.

Dear Dorothy,
    After receiving hundreds of reviews over the years yours is one of the best ever. I am extremely appreciative of your kind words. We believe customer service is everything in business and good customers service is just hard to find these days. I am so glad you are getting the customer service and results that you deserve.
    We love hearing from great customers like you. We promise to keeping working hard on your behalf.
    Thank you again Dorothy.

President

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Debt settlement was the only solution for us. We saw how much debt we had then we contacted New Era. We wanted to have an idea of how much we would be having to dispose of a month to pay off the debt and how long it would take. I had a better experience with New Era representative during the pre-signing of the contract. She wasn’t pushy and I just felt more comfortable with them compared to other competitors that were pushing to get it done right away.

Once we had all the information then we made the decision of signing the contract. New Era started contacting the companies that we had a debt with. We also send them any notifications that we get from collectors and they would handle it. Sometimes the collectors will offer a certain deal to finish the debt and we can decide what we want to do. If we have more money to dispose of then we can close that easier. New Era always gives us the option.

We're still going through the program and it gives us a lot more peace of mind. It takes time but it makes it a lot easier and a lot less stressful. New Era is very supportive and they're very prompt in answering any questions that we have. All the representatives that I've talked to have been great and I've been having a great experience so far. It's a high cost but it's worth it. It's either having somebody who has the experience and the contacts to do the negotiation right than having to do it myself. I’m paying for my peace of mind and for the experience that they bring. I'm very satisfied with their services. It's a big issue for families when they have to go through debt settlement so New Era made it a lot easier to handle.

Dear Sylvia,
    Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We love hearing from great customers like you. We promise to keep working hard on your behalf to get you out of debt in the fastest time possible and save you as much money as possible. Once you are out of debt your peace of mind will be fantastic.

President

How do I know I can trust these reviews about New Era Debt Solutions?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I've done a little bit of research on a few different options for debt settlement and when I reached out to New Era and explained the situation that I was in, it worked a lot better for me. It was the best option given the situation I had. They were very straightforward from the beginning and weren't trying to hide anything so that was a big reason why I chose to go that direction. New Era had been really good. Anytime I've ever had questions or issues, they're really fast to respond. They weren't trying to sell me but they were actually just trying to help me. Great customer service considering the industry that we would expect it to be a little bit different. If I've ever had to postpone or cancel a payment for the month, I just reach out to one of the gals via email and she responds very fast and gets it taken care of. My program is still going on and it’ll start switching over to the next phase.

I just have one credit card that I have right now so mine is a little bit different. Because I had one that was a business card and one that was a personal and it was highly recommended to enroll the business one in there. We just went through the process which was a little bit more lengthier because if they don't have as much debt to try to collect, then it's a little bit more tricky for them to consolidate it. I've just been on the RAM program making payments every month. I'll actually start the settlement next month and all of that money that I have put forth will transfer over to the settlement.

The program helped me since the card companies aren't calling me regularly. It's taken a lot of that off because every time they would call before, they would say, "We can try to work with you." I told them, "It's the same situation. We've already gone through that process. I don't qualify for it." This helps eliminate the annoying phone calls. The cost was very reasonable. They go to bat and go through the process and I get good customer service so that's well worth any fee that charged. Everybody I talked to has been very educated and if they don't know a correct answer, they get back to me in a pretty timely manner. It’s nice to have a company that you're working with is like that.

Dear Jennifer,
    Thank you very much for your wonderful review. It is a privilege and an honor to work with people like you. We will do our very best to make sure you are satisfied and happy with the results you achieve. All of us at New Era wish you the best!

President

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I'm going through the program from New Era and my completion will be by the end of next year, 2018. I got this settlement since I believe FTC throws those works on some roots with regards to people like me that were going in debt and it's almost impossible to get out of debt and the kind of chances and options I have. I tried the debt consolidation and it didn't work out because my score was so low. I’m going for certain credit cards and the debt consolidation was going through even more percent in their rate.

I would have gone more in debt for choosing to go through a debt consolidation agency but when I found out about debt management through settlement, I had Freedom and another company that did nothing for me and New Era was the third company and it was the one that not only offered the help and also being in military, they offered me a nice percentage as far as their fee. Lots of the company offered fee over 22%, 24% solution to resolve the debt but New Era was a little bit more lenient on that part and they worked with the customer. We started last year and took it step by step. I had three accounts and we have solved the two accounts. October is pre-last payment so November is going to be the last one. In this way, I will remain with only one account which will be solved in the same efficient way.

I’m the guy who reads before doing anything and that’s how I found New Era. I read intensively before I talked to them so I’ll understand what they will explain to me. Everyone who goes into settlement has to understand that a percent of the fee goes into charges and to the payment. Another important thing is the status of limitation which is seven years. The problem will stay in that record even if it’s paid and it will be erased automatically by law after seven years but it’ll still stay in your record.

The cost of service is steep. I got 18% and other people are paying more than 24% out of the initial debt. Another thing is the way it's adjusted because it doesn't encourage them not only for New Era but for most of the companies. It should be the percentage of the amount they’ll settle and not the initial amount so it doesn’t encourage them to work for the customer. FTC may have to look it up because this is not something that only New Era is doing. More than 90% of these companies are doing the same thing but the customer that will go into this phase of settlement doesn't have any other exit. New Era has knowledgeable agents and understands the situation. They are stepping forward in really helping the customer and making the customers understand the process but any improvement is welcome.

Dear Dan,
    Thank you very much for your candid and honest review. All of us at New Era love hearing from our customers and your comments are very much appreciated. We promise to do our very best to get you the best settlement possible and to save you as much money as we can. We are always looking for ways to get better and improve in everything we do. Thank you very much for your input. Your words mean a lot.
    We wish you the best now and in the future as well.

President

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

My debt settlement program with New Era Debt Solutions is still on process. I have lots of debts and I need to pay them off but there's a lot of interest delivered in the credit company. New Era Debt Solutions was more professional than the others and the rate was better. Their team and the quality of service were good.

Dear T M Hossain,
    Thank you very much for your kind words and great review.
    We promise to keeping working hard on your behalf to get you the best settlements possible to help you get out of debt quickly and save as much money as possible. It is an honor for us to serve you.

Dan Smith

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I wanted to get rid of some debt and I didn’t want to pay minimal payments anymore, so I made a decision to get started with the debt settlement program. I called New Era Debt Solutions and National Debt Relief. The rep from New Era I talked to was kinder. She listened to me for an hour and didn’t try to rush me off the phone. I felt she was somebody that I could trust, over my first impression of National Debt Relief. So, I went with New Era. I also feel that if I made the other choice, I wouldn’t have been happy.

New Era’s customer service has been amazing. Some interactions I had with their reps were through phone and email. I check once every three months to make sure everything’s going okay. There have been five people who keep in touch with me or who answer my phone calls if I need them to. I’m still in the program and the debt consolidation process has been slow, but one of the creditors is not as aggressive and New Era said, "The longer you can wait, then the better." So, I’m trusting in them when it comes to that. When it’s time to move forward, New Era will let me know. I’m not going to push something to try to get something done sooner and mess up the process.

Dear Samantha,
    Thank you very much fro your nice comments and your wonderful review. Also thank you very much for putting your trust in New Era. We promise to keep your best interests at heart and do the best we possibly can for you.
    It is an honor for us to work with great people like you.

Dan Smith

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

My husband was medically taken out of the military and the transition was a little difficult. Also, I did not work for 11 years and wasn't working when we moved from Washington to California. We needed debt settlement because of the whole situation. The process with New Era has been amazing the whole time. It was easy to enroll our account. We gave them the list of accounts, they put them all in a spreadsheet for us and they let us know how much the monthly payments were gonna be. We've been doing it for 19 to 20 months and there have been a few months that we've had to reduce our payment because my husband didn't get a paycheck that month. He's now out on disability and I'm the sole breadwinner. New Era has worked with us the whole time with managing our payments but still making sure that we're getting our payments made to the credit companies that they've done a bargain with.

When we signed up, New Era did the mediation for us which takes a lot of the stress out of the situation so it's worth paying the fee to acquire the service. They just included that in our first 12 months of monthly payments. Dealing with their team has been great. We sent them an email and there's a response within 24 hours. They worked with us every step of the way and there has been no questioning anything. Our credit is obviously not great because we're in the credit consolidation but we've paid off a few credit cards and New Era has settled a bunch of the debt for a quarter of the price that we initially had. We have six left and it will take until 2018 or 2019, which is not bad. It has been amazing, easy accommodating.

Dear Stevie,
    Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
    I tell you it is an honor to be able to serve you and your family, especially since your family provides service to all of us that live here in the United States.
    We promise to keep taking care of you as best as we possibly can.
    We certainly wish you the very best now and in the future.

Dan Smith

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

We had a lot of credit card debt that had piled up. My husband is in the military and we were trying to get out of the military but unfortunately, he can't walk away with all that debt on us. And for us to pay at minimum payments, it was going to take us years to pay off those debts. So, we got backed into a corner. New Era Debt Solutions offered us the best deal in the shortest amount of time for the settlement program. They gave us a quote of what we would pay and what they think that they could settle the amount for. Then they set that amount for what they think they're going to get to be able to settle the credit cards for and we make a set period of payments for so long.

I've talked to quite a few of their people and the main point of contact we have was awesome. She answered all of my questions and even answered questions about the other agencies that we had been using. They've been in the field for so long and she told me a few different things about some laws that they had helped create that prevented other consumer's debt agencies from getting away with charging people for attorney fees and not actually settling the debt. It was a way for them to make money but not actually doing anything for the people. But New Era doesn't do that. I've also been in contact with our actual agent that handles our settlements through email and phone calls. They're great there.

I feel good about the program. They've already been able to settle a good amount of our cards and they have a plan for the rest of them. We've been in the program for about a year and a few months and they already have a good idea of when we'll be able to settle the rest. It's just a matter of us getting them the amount of money they need. Working with them has made a huge difference in our financial stability and we're making way less payments for credit cards right now. It's not ideal to go through this program but it's what we had to do and for what we're paying and what they're doing for us, it's worth it. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Dear Holly,
    Thank you for one of the best and most heart-felt reviews we ever got.
    Your words mean the world to us and we take them to heart.
    We love helping people, but especially those in the military who are providing sacrificial service to all of us here in the United States of America.
    It is truly an honor for us to be able to provide a little service back to you.
    I personally want to thank you for your service and I promise we will continue working hard for you and do the best we possibly can.

Dan Smith

Original review: July 16, 2017

We had four major appliances break down in the same year and our water heater broke down the year before that. We had no money and started off making very little with a large family, so we had to use the credit card as a supplement. If we hadn't been in that position, then we would have been fine. Financially speaking, we should be able to live with my husband's income at the moment. It's the matter of debt that we have to take care of. We were making minimum payments and I did the math and realized in a couple of months, we weren't gonna be able to do that, so we decided to undergo a debt settlement program.

We called a few different debt places to compare and after talking to New Era, we felt that the other companies weren't as upfront and open about some of the processes as New Era was. We felt like we had to ask and drag the information out of them versus with New Era, which was the most open and honest about everything. They were willing to answer all of our questions and a lot of them were answered before we had to ask. I have three people who are on my team and in general, anytime we have questions, we call and they are happy to work with us. They've been polite, friendly and generally seemed to be a good bunch. I feel a lot more comfortable if the people seem good.

We communicated with our legal representative the most recently. Since New Era has the settlement, our legal representative explained the settlement options to us and has worked with us quite easily, helping to make things clear and make accommodations. When we first joined the accounts that we used to check on payments and keep track of our situation, they were in the process of changing it. I like how they've changed and updated the account because we can see when and how the payments were made to the different accounts. We can also see what the final settlement was, whereas before, when they were starting out, we couldn't see it exactly, so I would call them a lot more frequently to find out and keep track 'cause I'm a little OCD.

Four out of nine of our accounts have reached settlements and are being paid off. Our goal is to put tax money towards these payments to pay everything off and based off the previous tax payments, we know what we can expect. As long as my husband’s income situation stays the same, we should be completely debt-free, minus our mortgage, in two years. New Era’s service is above and beyond and they made the payment to where we could afford it. It was a four-year program and if we can afford to do it and get rid of our debt in four years, then we're paying for good quality service. They are highly satisfactory and beyond effective. I recommended a friend of mine to New Era Debt Solutions and they are in the program as well.

Dear Brittni,
    Thank you for one of the best and most heartfelt reviews we ever received. I tell you it is an honor to work with people like you. We are so grateful that you gave us the opportunity. I promise we will keep working hard for you and provide you with the service and results you deserve.
    All of us at New Era wish you the best!

Dan Smith

Original review: July 15, 2017

We had too much debt to pay off. New Era Debt Solutions went to all of my debtors and negotiated a settlement. I pay them every month a set amount of money from my bank account to settle those debts and they take their fee. For what they do, they charge too much but they’ve been very helpful and responsive when we had questions or issues come up. We're currently going through it and we feel good about their service as we’re not stressing as much. It’s definitely taken some of the pressure off.

Dear Reese,
    Thank you very much for your great review. I love hearing feedback from our clients. I am glad to hear that some pressure is off and that you are happy with the service you have received. I am disheartened to hear that you think we charge too much however. We are trying to be as efficient and affective as we possibly can without forfeiting the customer service and results our clients deserve.
    New Era has one of the lowest fee structures in the debt settlement industry and we work hard to keep it low. If we can become even more efficient and are able to lower the prices we certainly would love to do that.
    Thank you again for your candid remarks. We are very appreciative.

Dan Smith

Original review: July 13, 2017

A debt settlement is the best option for my situation and I'm going through it with New Era Debt Solutions because I felt comfortable going with the person that I talked to. They went through and identified the debts that I had and then they took the responsibility for contacting the companies and trying to find a resolution. They also worked out different payment plans and options to reduce that debt. They always reach out to me and they take care of anything that needs to be addressed. There's not much that I have to do. The payments were a little overwhelming, but working with them helped reduce the overall monthly amount I had to pay and got me on the right track to be able to get my life back in order.

Dear Scott,
    Thank you very much for your great review. It is always great to hear nice comments from our clients and we are very appreciative. We promise to keep working hard for you to help you as best we possibly can.

Dan Smith

Original review: July 12, 2017

I didn't want to file bankruptcy so I went with New Era to help me settle my debt. They are the most legit company and they had the best reviews. I'm going through the settlement process right now and so far, so good. The hardest problem I had was being on the East Coast and not on the West Coast. Since I work straight shifts, it’s hard to get a hold of me. But they do really well with email conversations, and they've been friendly and helpful both over the phone and email. They're also quick at getting back with me. I’ve been making my monthly payments, and New Era has gotten two out of my six creditors paid off. If they can take care of my debts for me and I can still live my life, that would be awesome. I feel great with their service overall and I'm working as fast as I can to get to financial freedom.

Dear James,
    Thank you for your wonderful review!
    Rest assured we are going to work hard for you to help you get to financial freedom.
    We love hearing from great clients like you.
    Thank you again.

Dan Smith

Original review: July 6, 2017

I was in a situation that got out of control and I wanted to get my debts wrapped back up. I spoke with a rep from New Era Debt Solutions a couple of times and she wasn’t judgmental like some of the other people whom I spoke with. I got a very good feeling from her. I’m currently going through New Era’s debt settlement program. What New Era does is they take all of your unsecured debt and lump it in one manageable payment that you can make per month. Then, they go out and settle with the credit card companies or it gets turned over to collections and then, they keep you updated on where you’re at as far as what account has settled. I’ve been happy with the whole situation. However, I wished I talked to the rep more, but you can only talk so much before you’re saying the same thing over and over. It’s a process where you could just sit back and let happen. Being with New Era also has taken off a little pressure.

The interest rate is pretty high but at the same time, when you’re getting reduced settlement and you’re not paying the interest rate to the credit card companies that are trying to get out of you, it’s worth it. It’s been positive working with New Era. They do what they say and they’re not judgmental. I know that some of my debts are due to irresponsibility but a lot is taken out of your hands when there’s death in the family and etc. So, you can tell that New Era is really there to help you. It’s also been a humbling experience because you have to accept certain things that you wanted to be able to fix on your own, but this company will guide you through that process and make it as easy as possible.

Dear Ashlea,
    Your wonderful review is very much appreciated and taken to heart.
    We love hearing from great clients like you and we promise to keep working hard for you to earn your positive praises.
    It is an honor for us to be able to work with people like you.
    Wishing you the best always.

Dan Smith

Original review: July 5, 2017

New Era Debt Solutions offered a better program. I’m still going through debt settlement with them and they worked very good with me. They talked to my creditors, so I don’t have to. I would highly recommend them to relieve the stress of dealing with creditors and their good plan. They will also work with you depending on your financial situation. I’m very pleased with the service they provide.

Dear Deborah,
    Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
    We will keep working hard on your behalf and do our very best for you.

Dan Smith

Original review: July 3, 2017

I wanted to get rid of my debts but I couldn't afford to pay other debt settlement companies especially the ones where I have to keep up with the one-time payment. New Era had good reviews so I went to them to do the settlement of my debts. I called them and they've all been nice. They respond very quickly and promptly via email. I’ve talked to the person who does the negotiating and to the lady that works in the office with the account. They’ve never not helped me or answered any of my questions. I gave them the list of the debts that I had, then needed to show proof of all the accounts. From there, I signed some paperwork and they started making calls on their own and getting settlements.

The cost is usually 20%. Mathematically, it takes a little stress off of doing it myself. New Era is able to divide it up into payments with the loan companies than me trying to settle it myself. They usually don’t want to do a settlement and payments at the same time. They just want a lump sum so it’s been very helpful. It’s been two years now and it’s been perfect, so far. I had 13 accounts and I have three left now so I’m almost done with the program. Overall, my experience with New Era has been positive. I’m looking forward to the next six months when I’m all finished and I can start getting back on track again.

Dear Ashley,
    Thank you very much for your kind words and your great review. All of us at New Era are extremely appreciative. It is an honor for us to be able to work with great people like you and to help you get back on track. We will continue to work hard for you to get this debt behind you.
    We wish you nothing but the best!

Dan Smith

Original review: July 2, 2017

I'm currently going through the debt settlement program and I felt that New Era Debt Solutions gave me the best rates. Initially, I sent them all my credit card statements that I got so that they knew which cards to settle. So every month when I send my payment, the money builds up on my account and they can settle different cards the more money that accumulates. They're working on it one at a time. I mainly talk to Jason and TC, and they've both been extremely helpful. And if I had any questions, they were very responsive.

They said it would take three years to get everything taken care of. I've settled two cards so far, then another one's gonna be settled by September so I'm almost halfway there. Also, the cost of the service was reasonable and they worked with me according to what I can afford. Everyone I've spoken to was very informative, friendly, and they made me feel very comfortable so I like it so far.

Dear Alexis,
    Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for giving New Era the opportunity to work with you. We promise to keep working hard on your behalf. Your comments mean the world to us and we are very appreciative.

Dan Smith

Original review: July 1, 2017

I couldn’t see myself getting out of debt at the rates that I was paying at various interest rates, and there were reviews online that suggested that New Era was the best company I could find. I sent them everything that I had from my different creditors. We’ve received offers and we’ve decided to hold. They've checked in with me about it and they recommended that I wait longer. The service has been fine, but we’re in the process so I’m going to know more when I actually settle. Sometimes the fees seem a little bit high and anything you’re paying extra seems like a lot, but overall it seemed reasonable and I haven’t had any issues so far. They’ve called me back when I’ve called them and they’re reasonable to discuss things with on the phone.

Dear Anna,
    Thank you very much for your comments and your review. We appreciate them very much. I see you are waiting for your first settlement. Rest assured we are going to work hard for you to get the best settlement possible to save you as much money as possible. We are only happy when you are happy.

President

Original review: June 29, 2017

I wanted to get out of debt and the research that we did indicated that New Era Debt Solutions would be a good company to go with. We turned in what needed to get resolved and New Era negotiated for us for a lower term and payments depending on their negotiation with the companies I owed money to. New Era has been very good. If we had any trouble or any questions, we were always able to call and see what's going on or get our questions answered. The cost of their service was reasonable, too. New Era has been very capable and we've been very satisfied.

Dear Anthony,
    We can't thank you enough for your kind words and nice comments. They really mean a lot to us and we love hearing from great clients like you. We will keep working hard to provide the great service that you deserve.

President

Original review: June 28, 2017

I was originally looking into the normal counseling but when I was looking deeper, I saw that New Era had excellent reviews. I reached out to them and the rep Alex got back to me and explained to me that I can go through counseling but it's going to take so much longer and I'll end up paying more. I was trying to get my finances in order and I wanted to get back on track as soon as possible. Alex was very responsive and the team that I’ve worked with pretty much handled everything such as every question and concern that I had.

The process involved filling up the paperwork and getting them the info they needed for the accounts. And then they went over my income and what I could afford every month and they took over from there. They told me to let them know if I had any letters or calls and that they would handle it. Also, they didn’t take anything upfront. They’ve taken their fees for the ones that they’ve settled and it still ended up being a lot less than dealing with them on my own or going with a competitor.

Debt settlement is something I’ve never went through before so I was anxious and worried. But I wasn’t getting anywhere trying to handle it on my own. It would have taken years and years to get things paid off. As of now, I already have two accounts settled and then a lot of my higher-balanced ones are coming to an end, too. The rep estimated three years that I would finish the program but at this point, it might be less than that.

For anyone who is struggling and looking at their options, definitely check New Era out. The only kind of downside is the hit that they take to my credit. But it’s definitely better than bankruptcy or taking years and years and never completing the program. Overall, it's an excellent service and I’ve recommended them to my dad and a couple of other people.

Dear Ryan,
    This is a fantastic review and all of the team here at New Era are extremely grateful for your comments. You made our day!
    We promise to keep working hard for you to earn your praises.
    We certainly wish the best for you.

Dan Smith

Original review: June 26, 2017

I am feeling good so far with New Era's services. It’s definitely helping and the team is very positive. You talk about what it's going to cost then set up the price and you work on it.

Dear Dragan,
    Thank you very much for your comments and for your review. We love hearing from you. We are going to keep working hard for you to provide the service you deserve.

Dan Smith

Original review: June 24, 2017

We love New Era. They were a godsend. We're just about done with our debt settlement. We figured our chances with our credit is better than a bankruptcy because we made an effort. Plus, my friend I went to high school with, Dan, is the man we dealt with. And he's very successful, pleasant knowledgeable and gives respect. New Era contacts our creditors. Some of the creditors don't want to deal with them and they weren't very successful with other ones. The quality of service I received was excellent. It takes a lot of crap off your shoulders. And you don't have to have any nasty letters coming to you any longer. I just took them over to Dan's office. And no nasty phone calls. The cost of service compared to the quality was very fair. Thanks to New Era. It's going to be wonderful.

Dear Cindy,
    It has been a great pleasure working with you and Larry. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to help out with your situation. You are right when you say that some creditors are tougher than others. That is true. Some play hard ball and that means we need to fight harder. Thank you for allowing us to jump in and fight for you. We love you guys and we want you to be happy and have a lot of success.
    Wishing you nothing but the best always!
    Your friend,

Dan

Original review: June 22, 2017

I was getting farther and farther behind with the medical bills and I needed some help. I did some research on debt settlement and New Era Debt Solutions had some good reviews. I filled out paperwork, discussed it with the folks there and they told me what my options were and what Wells Fargo normally does. It felt good getting their service. It's helped me a lot and has taken a lot of pressure off. The communication has also been great. As soon as they want to do anything, they get a hold of me right away. Whenever I have a question, whenever I call or email, I get a quick response, which is really important to me. And so far, things are moving right along like they said that it would.

Dear Cindy,
    Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your wonderful review.
    All of us at New Era are sincerely appreciative.
    We love hearing from great clients like you.

Dan Smith

Original review: June 19, 2017

I looked up help that I can get for my finances and New Era Debt Solutions came up. They have been very helpful.

Dear Aleyamma,
    Thank you very much for your short and sweet review.
    We promise to keep on being as helpful to you as we possibly can.
    It is always great to hear from great clients like you.

Dan Smith

Original review: June 17, 2017

We're currently going through the debt settlement program with New Era Debt Solutions because our minimum payments were more than what we can afford. They have one of the lower overall fees compared to other companies and they gave us a low monthly payment, as well. They told us to stop paying all of our credit card bills altogether and we've been making one monthly payment to the company and they kind of save it up for us then once there's enough money in that account they make a deal with the credit card companies to pay it off at a lower payoff.

The only thing was, in the very beginning, one person handling our account had contacted me to see if we can come up with a few thousand dollars because a credit card company was trying to do a settlement with us and the credit card company was offering us a really good deal for a payoff. But we weren't able to come up with that money all at once at that time. And we had just started the program. Other than that, everybody has been really helpful and informative and I'd recommend them.

Dear Crystal,
    Thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review. We love hearing from great clients like you.
    Also thank you for understanding our phone call to you early in your program. We just want to make sure that we present any and all great settlement offers when we get them just in case. We are always thinking about our clients' best interests and to present all great opportunities.
    We wish you all the best and we will continue working hard for you to make certain your program is a total success.

Dan Smith

Original review: June 16, 2017

My husband and I have lots and lots of debt. We were both working full-time and not doing a great job managing. I also have a degenerative disc disease where my discs have begun to crumble. So, after the fifth spinal surgery, the doctor told me that I had to retire. In the process of retiring, I was without any income. I had six months disability and then it took a while to get social security and we were paying everything with credit cards. We didn’t have a way to make ends meet and everything spiraled out of control. It was bad enough that we had debt before my retirement. We reached the point that we just wanted to pay everyone. My husband did not want to file bankruptcy so I checked into some companies. New Era was one of the first two that I called and I liked what they said about their program. They fully disclosed how they handled the situation and so we started the program.

Initially, New Era told me all of the documentation that they needed. They had me fill out all of the forms and the power of attorney, then they kept me abreast of what was going on. They explained the process of getting my account and where the money went, how it was held and how they got paid. When they’ve settled a debt, then they get paid for that debt. Getting started was fairly easy but saving up enough money to actually start tackling some of the debt took six months.

A credit union took me to court to sue me for the money. But weeks before going in for the final hearing, they ended up settling. New Era continually called, made proposals and let them know we didn't want to default. We wanted to pay but we can’t pay the whole thing. I am now going through a second lawsuit with Discover Bank and they told me Discover is notorious. I may be their first client that has gone through this twice now. Discover has slapped down every single thing that we’ve tried to do within our reasonable budget. They’re going for the throat in two weeks and they still haven’t budged.

With New Era, the cost is a very fair value for what I get. The biggest problem is you have to listen to them and you have to understand that they know how these companies operate and you have to sometimes be a lot more patient than you want to be. In the long run, things have worked out besides Discover. The team is knowledgeable and they’re communicating with one another, trying to do some problem solving, getting ideas from each other. They have an attorney that specializes in this. He talked to me on two different occasions. They're working towards the goal and they’re not dropping the ball.

They’re doing a great job and I appreciate them being informative and open to me anytime I need to speak with them. They’ve even been empathetic and held my hand through the process. Whenever I was in doubt, they comforted me and assured me we’re doing the right thing and so far, it has worked out. They're amazing and I would recommend them.

Dear Sonja,
    Thank you very much for you absolutely wonderful and candid review. Your comments mean the world to us. Your story is also a testament of your strength and willingness to hang tough even when things get rough. We promise to walk with you every step of the way. You are a great client and we promise to keep working hard for you to get you the best results possible.
    We wish you nothing but the best now and in the future.

Dan Smith

Original review: June 14, 2017

When I went to nursing school, I accumulated a lot of debts because I couldn’t get loans for school. When I got out of school, I couldn’t find a job right away and couldn’t pay at all. Now, I am going through New Era Debt Solutions' debt program. I went with them because of the reviews, and when I called them they had an excellent customer service and were just very friendly. When I first called New Era Debt Solutions', they got somebody that figured out what my needs were. She referred me to someone else who started handling my case. They asked me to give them like an amount that I can pay a month. They set up a certain account for them to use to pay off the debt. They relieved a lot of stress for me because I don’t have to deal with the calls anymore.

I mostly talk to the New Era Debt Solutions team by email, as it is my preferred method of communication. I work night shift and it's not easy for me to call people during the day. The few times I talked to them on the phone, they were great, very friendly, well-informed, and were able to answer all my questions. Also, they gave me support the few times I needed it. I hope that they stay in business forever.

Hi Maria,
    Thank you very much for your wonderful review!
    Your comments mean a lot to us.
    We are happy that we get the chance to work with great people like you.
    Please take great care of yourself and we always wish you the best.

Dan Smith

Original review: June 7, 2017

I felt myself becoming overwhelmed with different creditors and I wanted to have everything follow through a debt settlement program. I’m currently going through a program with New Era after googling, and me calling and speaking to different people, and seeing who gave me some helpful information. It’s been okay thus far but sometimes I feel like I don’t know what’s going on. Jason, the guy I’m working with is usually pretty easy for me to call and get some answers. But I don’t even really know my program’s status. We’ve made some settlement agreements with different people but I’m really not sure what those settlement agreements are. And I have other friends going through other programs and they’re able to go online and look at different stuff. So I want to be able to look at something online so I can keep track of my program, and there may be something online, but I’ve never been made aware of it.

Everybody’s case is different but I was getting a lot of things head-on where people had filed different things with attorneys and having to go to court and things like that and I was confused on what to do. And I pay an extra $19.99 on top of what I pay a month for lawyer assistance if needed. But I really don’t even know how that works or how that’s helping me do it. My overall experience has been eye opening in regards to comparing and contrasting some different programs more in-depth.

New Era Debt Solutions Company Information