4.79/5
  • 1 star
Based on 82 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

New Era Debt Solutions is one of the oldest and most experienced firms in the debt settlement industry. At New Era Debt Solutions, you do not have any upfront fees, in fact, our customers do not pay until they have reached a settlement. With over 17 years of experience, New Era Debt Solutions puts its customers first and lets them know what is best for them. Our goal to help people eliminate their debt as quickly and inexpensively as possible. With this in mind, we have been able to settle over $200,000,000 in client debt. Contact us today to learn more!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 2, 2017

87 New Era Debt Solutions Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I’m in the middle of a debt settlement program with New Era Debt Solutions. Compared to others, they gave me the most information and the best rates. They seemed to be the most knowledgeable, just like the division person I spoke to. The process was easy and I was very comfortable dealing with them. The service was excellent and it was a very positive experience. I would use them again.

Dear Jarrett,
Thank you very much for your great review of New Era.
We love hearing from great clients like you and your comments are very important to us. We are going to keep working hard on your behalf to continue to provide you with the very positive experience you deserve.

President

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I saw myself in a situation where I couldn’t handle the debt and the offers that the bank was doing to settle weren’t that attractive compared to what New Era Debt Solutions was advertising and offering. I spoke directly to New Era's founder and owner and going with them seemed the right choice. Your accounts are needed to be viewed and outdated from the bank to be considered delinquent. Once you're over the six-month period then the bank will hire another collecting company and that's when New Era comes in. I'm still going through the program and the last time I had an update from New Era, my debt had been sent to a debt collection company. Most of the time, my interactions with their team has been one-on-one phone calls. The quality of the service I’ve received was good and it made me feel confident that we will come to a nice settlement and final solution. Also, the cost was fair. I’m really confident and happy with them.

Dear Luis,
Thank you very much for your review. It is great to hear from you.
It is an honor for us to work with people like you and we promise to do the very best we possibly can on your behalf.
We look forward to getting you your first settlement and to save you a lot of time and money.

President

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

People that need relief service and are overwhelmed with their debts are not going to go wrong with New Era Debt. They won't make you feel like you're just a number, they'll genuinely try to help you get through your crisis as opposed to just being passed around from one person to another, and you can trust them. I was on a tremendous amount of stress with my mother dealing with Alzheimer's. I was trying to take care of her and I gave up the income I was receiving. I was still currently up until about six months ago on everything, then I ended up running up a few more debts on the credit cards. I was still making my payments but I decided to avail of debt relief services.

Before New Era, I was with another debt settlement company. I made one payment and I told them I was sending money back because they were shuffling me around. They said "Hi" and gave me a pitch, then once I said, "Yeah," they shuffled me somewhere else. They also told me to call a person for this and write this for that, so it was a very negative experience. Compared to them, New Era was much better. The way that New Era handled my account felt like at least I had the ability to talk to the guy who signed me up and that they were very honorable, integrity wise.

Alex, the guy that I worked with, seemed upfront. He’s been doing it way back around late 90's and I figured that he's an honest person who's trying to help some people out. I also felt like he's doing it for people's best interest, plus he didn't advertise or call people on the phone like all these other consumer companies now. He was concerned and a legit guy that you could go to if you had a problem. He was very positive and helpful, too. He didn't high pressure me and gave me very fast service.

So far, they settled one of my debts and they temporarily took some relief off for me when they did that. In hindsight, getting their service wasn't necessary as I could have settled that debt myself. But I wouldn't use a debt settlement company if I wasn't going through a lot of things and I didn't need more monkey on my back. So I have nothing but positive things to say about New Era Debt. If anybody's having a debt problem and they don't feel like they can handle it, they should go to New Era because Alex can help put their mind at ease and take care of their situation.

Dear Richard,
I can't thank you enough for your kind words and wonderful review.
And it is great to hear your comments about Alex.
You are right about Alex. He has a huge heart for people, he sincerely wants to help in any way he can, and he has been around for a very long time and he knows what he is talking about. He will be glad to read your comments and he will be very appreciative. We always love hearing from great clients like you.
Wishing you the best Richard!

President

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I’m currently going through a two-year program with New Era Debt Solutions. The other company that I worked with was unethical and I had a horrible experience with that company, so I'd rather work with New Era on the Department of Education's behalf. They also got a great rating by the Better Business Bureau. They consolidate all the debts together, let me know the deals and prices that they could take on and I can pay it off early which are all nice. They saw my credit report and said they’re able to work on it on my behalf. I also asked them to work on another student loan that I’m currently fighting back and forth with, but they were not able to take on that yet because it was a debt. But they were helpful along the way and I felt very comfortable working with them. It was a very streamlined process and I got what I wanted out of it. Everything is taken care of and my credit rating is going up, and I don't have to worry about it lingering over me.

Dear Ashley,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
We love hearing from great clients like you.
Thank you for giving New Era the opportunity to help you in any way we possibly can.

President

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I am currently going through a settlement program with New Era Debt Solutions. I was trying to see how much it was going to save me and I thought they'd be able to help. Before that, I went online and read positive reviews from people who have gone through the program. They seemed to rate well. I also spoke to so many other people and they definitely helped. So far, so good. Every time I have questions about anything, or they need to reach out to me, our communication has been really good and open. I'm also making progress. I saved some money when one account was closed. And while I’m certainly not the only one who thinks the faster the better, the pace is reasonable. It's been a very positive experience with New Era Debt Solutions.

Dear Matthew,
Thank you very much for your review.
We promise to keep working hard on your behalf to help you get out of debt as quickly and inexpensively as possible.
Have a great day and thank you again!

President

How do I know I can trust these reviews about New Era Debt Solutions?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I needed to fix my credit and I was searching the best companies on the internet and New Era was in the top 5. We only started in February and I am still going through the debt settlement program. They explained the process to me and asked for information in the beginning. I submitted all my debts and letters, indicating how much I owed to every single company then I started saving the money. When they come up with a good amount of money, they pay one account and send me the account information of what they are paying for. They've always communicated with me on what we are paying or what we are saving for. Plus every time I have some questions, I send emails and they reply to me within 24 hours, sometimes sooner.

The service is a good 95% and the debt settlement program is helping me a lot. The cost of the service is high but it’s paying for itself and it’s worth it. Besides, I don’t have to deal with the companies because New Era is talking to them. I totally recommend New Era and the team to all my friends. In fact, two of my friends are already in the settlement program with New Era too.

Dear Elsa,
Thank you very much for your kind words. Your comments mean the world to us. And the fact that you referred people to us speaks volumes and we are truly appreciative. It is an honor for us to work with you.
All the best to you!

President

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

New Era had reviews that I liked and I had a pleasant experience with them. Their reps were informative and always answered questions when I needed them answered. They informed me about everything that was going down and things happened the way I expected it to. When I was first going through it though, it was very uncomfortable because I wanted to do the right thing. I was very confused but they were very helpful and they made me feel comfortable in my decision-making. That was nice ‘cause when I was feeling unsure if I was doing something wrong, they were very understanding and compassionate. New Era gives me the peace of mind in the sense that I feel like I'm paying back my debt and it was workable. I’m still waiting for the final outcome but thus far, they're fine.

Dear Theresa,
Thank you very much for your review and for sharing your thoughts and your concerns. Choosing debt settlement and then choosing the right debt settlement company can be very scary for certain. Thank you for choosing New Era and for giving us the opportunity to help. We promise to do our very best to take care of you and be there for you, and you have my word on that.

President

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Last year, I was scammed and lost $30,000. Somebody I trusted sent a check to my account. The bank approved the check, but later on, they sent me a letter that that check wasn’t real and I’m supposed to pay those debts. That messed up my credit card and I had to fix it. There was no way I can fix it individually so I checked online and found New Era then decided to call them. They gave me a quote and I was convinced by their service. They sounded like they know what they were doing. When they came out with this amount of money per month for the next four years, I believed that would help me a lot.

They sent me some documents and listed all my debts with different companies. After that, I moved everything to them. They went over my debt and said they can settle this amount for this figure. What I have to do is to pay this amount for 48 months. They reached out to all my debtors individually and settled with them on my behalf. I’m paying the fixed amount that I’m supposed to pay every month to some payment company and I’ve been checking their website. New Era sent me some debts they have already settled with payment ongoing. I’m down one year and making some progress already. I have three more years to go. I need to call them to see if they can take one account out to lower how much I’ll be paying per month. I talked to my girlfriend and she said she was going to help me with one of those debts since it’s draining my finances.

Dear Rexford,
Thank you very much for your great review. It is always great to hear from great clients like you. Please feel free to call us at anytime to discuss any changes or reviews you are considering. We are here for you and we will do our very best to advise you and help you in any way we can.

President

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I needed to get out of a hole and New Era Debt Solutions seemed the best way to do it. We called them up and spoke to their representative. She walked us through everything and told us what we owed and what they could do for us. We’re in the waiting process for it to go to the collector. So far, so good.

Dear Preston,
Thank you very much for your review.
All of us at New Era promise to work hard on your behalf to get you the best results possible.

President

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I had four credit card payments that I couldn't afford to pay. I investigated online, looked at a lot of reviews and the ones for New Era were better than everybody else's. I am now in my ninth month with them and I still have another year and two months to go. Their debt consolidation process was very easy. I spoke to the owner on the phone and we went through the amount of money that I owed the credit card companies. I asked him if they dealt with the companies that my cards were with and he said that he had dealt with them many times and that it worked out well. I had another call from a young lady and she made sure that everything was good. When I didn't get everything in the mail, she made sure that I did. Then, I got five calls from the credit card companies and I explained to them what was going on. I never heard anything back from them and everything is hunky-dory.

So far, I'm very happy with the quality of service from New Era. They do all the work and my mind is at ease since I don't have to worry about dealing with it. Everything's getting done now. There was no way I could have afforded to make those credit card payments but now I've got one payment that comes out the same time every month. New Era is in business to make money and the amount that they are going to make is minimal compared to the amount that I was paying, so I'm very happy with the cost of their service. I'm now on my way from Richmond, Virginia up to West Virginia, and this is possible because of New Era. They took a big burden off of me and I'd recommend them to others.

Dear Brian,
Thank you very much for your kind words and wonderful review.
It is an honor for us to work with people like you and we will work hard for you.
Wish you nothing but the best!

President

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I looked into debt settlement due to my financial situation and I found New Era Debt Solutions. I'm in the process of completing the program with them and everything is good so far. We started by putting all the credit card accounts on the program and sending all the statements to them. They reviewed it, verified it, and sent me an agreement to sign. I communicated with them about the whole process and all the implications on entering into the program. Everything is moving forward the same way it was set up in the beginning. The cost is reasonable and I’ll be finished with the two main accounts by February or March.

Dear Carlos,
Thank you for your kind words and thank you for giving New Era the opportunity to work with you. It is our pleasure to have you as a client and we will do our very best to help you.

President

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I looked at a couple of companies online and I liked what was written about New Era Debt Solution. I’m visually impaired and they seemed to understand that I might have to have some correspondence through email. They were willing to work with me. And some months that I couldn’t make the whole payment, they gave me a couple of months and then I could go back to them. They were easy to work with.

I can also ask them anything and they’ll do what they can do to help and they go the extra mile. When I was getting information on my cards, I was having trouble with the websites because they’re graphical. I have a screen reader but it doesn’t work because they can’t read pictures. So, they suggested different ways that I could still get the information if I didn’t want another person to help me. They were creative and don’t want to give up on me. They’re good about respecting people’s privacy as well. I feel secure that they’re honest people and that they are going to do what they say. It’s a very easy experience to go through.

Dear Joanne,
Your comments mean the word to me and I am very glad to hear from you.
Believe me when I say that it is an honor for us to help people like you!
We wish you the best now and in the future!

President

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

My sister went through a debt settlement and told me about New Era, which she had a good experience with. Since we were in a position where we needed to get rid of some debt, it was right for us to do that as well. The process has been easy. I was scared going into it but they were very open to communication so it has been good. Their quality of service was good too. The cost was very reasonable and everybody was very professional, nice and helpful. New Era gave us peace of mind and a game plan of where we stand with our debt and when we’re going to be done with it.

Dear Jessica,
Thank you very much for your review and for your kind words.
Hearing from great customers like you means the world to us.
We promise to keep taking care of you as best as we possibly can.

President

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Opening up a business can cause a lot of money and time. It's very fruitful and fulfilling in getting to the stages of it but going through that process of opening the business put me in a tough financial spot. I started doing some research on different ways to handle it. After my research into a bunch of different companies and methods, I thought that doing this New Era Debt Solutions program would work the best for my situation because a lot of those other programs are pretty heavy on filing bankruptcy. Personally, I don’t want to deal with any court issues. I would much rather deal with the companies itself and try to resolve it without having legal problems. New Era seemed a lot more interested in managing the issue with my expectation. It seemed like we had the same interest at heart.

So, I spoke to an account manager and gave her all of my information and they pretty much did all the work. The girl who handled my case was extremely thorough in explaining everything and did a good job of making sure that I understood. They know what they're doing. All I did was tell them my situation and they set everything up. They set it up where my payments automatically come out and use the money that I’m depositing to negotiate my debts.

New Era has been one of the best in terms taking a weight off my shoulders. It's been one of the best experiences because I’m still in business now and I'm still in the program because I'm actually able to pay that off. Everybody that I've been in contact within the company has been extremely helpful. Before I was in the program, I was constantly thinking about late payments, about which bill I am going to pay this month and which one am I going to let go. That’s an awful feeling. Through the program, they helped me decide what we can take off the table and make it easier for me. Ever since then, I’ve pretty much cleared my plate in terms of any debt I had other than what I'm still in the program with New Era. So, it's been really helpful in taking away a lot of stress. I recommend them to clients who I work with who are dealing with a lot of debts.

Dear Steven,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
From one business owner to another I totally understand a bit about some of the challenges you go through as an owner of a new business. Thank you for giving all of us at New Era the opportunity to work with you. Believe me when I say that it is an honor for us to work with people like you. I promise that we will work hard to do our very best on your behalf.

President

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

My husband and I both got medically separated so our paycheck dropped about 70%. And the creditors weren't willing to work with us at all because our bills weren’t light. I did a Google search and found New Era Debt Solutions and now we’re going through their debt settlement program. They asked for our bills, income and what bi-monthly payments we could afford. They contacted everybody and handled everything else. Everybody there's great and the program's working great as well. They've settled a couple of our debts already and I automatically get emailed a copy of them per the agreement. Our credit took a huge hit, but at least we're paying some of the debt but not just completely writing them off. And in terms of the cost in relation to the quality of their service, I’m pretty satisfied with them.

Dear Dawn,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. So said some very nice things and we are very appreciative. We will continue to work hard for you to get you the best possible settlements we can to save you as much time and money as possible. It is always a pleasure for us to work with great people like you.

President

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I lost my job and was unemployed for an extended period of time which caused me to do some re-consolidation and debt consolidations that I would not normally have done. I first reached out to New Era Debt Solutions then I enrolled online through their program. We also conversed back and forth so it wasn't simply a done deal online. It was a get-to-know-them process and I was comfortable working with them. Everything was laid out for me verbally then in writing so there were multiple consultations that were good.

It started off really well and since I had a large amount of debt, I built up the account. Then New Era started settling some of the debts and they've been very good at working with me at the front-end. But now I'm considering withdrawing my remaining accounts because it hasn't been a very open line of communication lately with them. To me that's critical because I don't know where I'm at sometimes.

I also ended up settling one of my debts by myself with the company because New Era didn't get back to me in a timely manner and I didn't want to pass up the deal. I was trying to get the settlement amount down to 30% where they wanted it at 55%, then New Era's fee on top of that takes it even higher. So I didn't pay any service charge on that and it saved me a little bit of money. But based on what I have done, New Era's fees are a little high. In my own mind, I could apply their $4,000 fee to another debt in the long term. My account also dried up a little bit and they haven't been so forthcoming at the back side of it. Now I've been contacted by another debt settlement collector and I've yet to hear from New Era even though I gave the phone number to them.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

These guys are the real deal! I was super impressed with their professionalism, thoroughness, knowledge, and communication. Alex, Tony and the rest of the team were able to save me thousands of dollars (they settled my debt less than 50 cents on the dollar INCLUDING their fees). They know what they're doing, are patient in explaining the process (It's very involved and you need to trust them. If you do, you'll be rewarded) and answered all my skeptical questions. You'll be SO thankful you went with New Era to handle your debt settling needs!

Dear Matt,
We can't thank you enough for your kind words. Believe me when I say it was an honor for us to work with you. We love helping great people like you when we can. All of us at New Era wish you much success and happiness in the future!

President

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I was unable to keep up with credit card payments. I went with New Era Debt Solution after searching online for reviews and readings. I contacted them and they gave me an information packet on what I needed to provide to them. One of their workers called and went through the whole process on accounting numbers. They provided me with next steps to do when issued an account that addresses stuff to their contact information. They took over from there and contacted me anytime there’s news or anything that needs to be decided. We've settled a couple of the accounts. All reps in New Era have been professional and polite. They knew what they were doing and were aware of what would be best to help me out. Working with them allowed us to better handle or at least see an end to how things will be in the future.

Dear Corey,
We can't thank you enough for your wonderful review. We love hearing from great clients like you. We promise to keep doing the very best we can to take good care of you and get this debt behind you.
We wish you all the best in the world.

President

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

New Era Debt Solutions rated very high in terms of transparency and their reviews seemed to be a lot more favorable than many of its competitors. So I decided to use New Era’s services. I'm currently undergoing the debt settlement program. The debt consolidation services was a very involved process. There was a lot of information exchanging back and forth. Then after everything was done, they put me in a plan and made me an account where I would put in the money and they used it to settle my accounts. The cost was a little steep but reasonable. It matches up with the overall quality of care they give me. They are reliable, trustworthy and accessible.

Dear Uram,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
We love hearing from great customers like you.
Rest assured we will keep working for you to get you the very best settlements possible.

President

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

We were having trouble meeting the monthly notes. We tried to go with other debt settlement companies and never got any good results. They never followed through with what they promised. We happened to find New Era and we decided to through their debt settlement program. We filled out the application and they explained everything thoroughly including its period and what to expect along the line. They have taken the money like they're supposed to and settled a couple of debts. They've also been notifying us on what's going on, which we didn’t' get from any of the other two companies we've tried.

We hated to go through a debt settlement program because that's not something we wanted to do. But New Era has made it pleasant enough that we don't feel so bad about it. The cost of the service was what they told us and what we agreed with. Plus they were upfront with all the fees and there were no hidden fees unlike one of the other companies we tried that had a lot of hidden fees. Also, every time we've talked to any of their reps, they've been very helpful, nice, patient and thorough in their explanations. I have been very well satisfied with them. They’re faster and better than what I expected in settlements and in getting back to us.

Dear Dorothy,
After receiving hundreds of reviews over the years yours is one of the best ever. I am extremely appreciative of your kind words. We believe customer service is everything in business and good customers service is just hard to find these days. I am so glad you are getting the customer service and results that you deserve.
We love hearing from great customers like you. We promise to keeping working hard on your behalf.
Thank you again Dorothy.

President

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Debt settlement was the only solution for us. We saw how much debt we had then we contacted New Era. We wanted to have an idea of how much we would be having to dispose of a month to pay off the debt and how long it would take. I had a better experience with New Era representative during the pre-signing of the contract. She wasn’t pushy and I just felt more comfortable with them compared to other competitors that were pushing to get it done right away.

Once we had all the information then we made the decision of signing the contract. New Era started contacting the companies that we had a debt with. We also send them any notifications that we get from collectors and they would handle it. Sometimes the collectors will offer a certain deal to finish the debt and we can decide what we want to do. If we have more money to dispose of then we can close that easier. New Era always gives us the option.

We're still going through the program and it gives us a lot more peace of mind. It takes time but it makes it a lot easier and a lot less stressful. New Era is very supportive and they're very prompt in answering any questions that we have. All the representatives that I've talked to have been great and I've been having a great experience so far. It's a high cost but it's worth it. It's either having somebody who has the experience and the contacts to do the negotiation right than having to do it myself. I’m paying for my peace of mind and for the experience that they bring. I'm very satisfied with their services. It's a big issue for families when they have to go through debt settlement so New Era made it a lot easier to handle.

Dear Sylvia,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We love hearing from great customers like you. We promise to keep working hard on your behalf to get you out of debt in the fastest time possible and save you as much money as possible. Once you are out of debt your peace of mind will be fantastic.

President

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I've done a little bit of research on a few different options for debt settlement and when I reached out to New Era and explained the situation that I was in, it worked a lot better for me. It was the best option given the situation I had. They were very straightforward from the beginning and weren't trying to hide anything so that was a big reason why I chose to go that direction. New Era had been really good. Anytime I've ever had questions or issues, they're really fast to respond. They weren't trying to sell me but they were actually just trying to help me. Great customer service considering the industry that we would expect it to be a little bit different. If I've ever had to postpone or cancel a payment for the month, I just reach out to one of the gals via email and she responds very fast and gets it taken care of. My program is still going on and it’ll start switching over to the next phase.

I just have one credit card that I have right now so mine is a little bit different. Because I had one that was a business card and one that was a personal and it was highly recommended to enroll the business one in there. We just went through the process which was a little bit more lengthier because if they don't have as much debt to try to collect, then it's a little bit more tricky for them to consolidate it. I've just been on the RAM program making payments every month. I'll actually start the settlement next month and all of that money that I have put forth will transfer over to the settlement.

The program helped me since the card companies aren't calling me regularly. It's taken a lot of that off because every time they would call before, they would say, "We can try to work with you." I told them, "It's the same situation. We've already gone through that process. I don't qualify for it." This helps eliminate the annoying phone calls. The cost was very reasonable. They go to bat and go through the process and I get good customer service so that's well worth any fee that charged. Everybody I talked to has been very educated and if they don't know a correct answer, they get back to me in a pretty timely manner. It’s nice to have a company that you're working with is like that.

Dear Jennifer,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. It is a privilege and an honor to work with people like you. We will do our very best to make sure you are satisfied and happy with the results you achieve. All of us at New Era wish you the best!

President

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I'm going through the program from New Era and my completion will be by the end of next year, 2018. I got this settlement since I believe FTC throws those works on some roots with regards to people like me that were going in debt and it's almost impossible to get out of debt and the kind of chances and options I have. I tried the debt consolidation and it didn't work out because my score was so low. I’m going for certain credit cards and the debt consolidation was going through even more percent in their rate.

I would have gone more in debt for choosing to go through a debt consolidation agency but when I found out about debt management through settlement, I had Freedom and another company that did nothing for me and New Era was the third company and it was the one that not only offered the help and also being in military, they offered me a nice percentage as far as their fee. Lots of the company offered fee over 22%, 24% solution to resolve the debt but New Era was a little bit more lenient on that part and they worked with the customer. We started last year and took it step by step. I had three accounts and we have solved the two accounts. October is pre-last payment so November is going to be the last one. In this way, I will remain with only one account which will be solved in the same efficient way.

I’m the guy who reads before doing anything and that’s how I found New Era. I read intensively before I talked to them so I’ll understand what they will explain to me. Everyone who goes into settlement has to understand that a percent of the fee goes into charges and to the payment. Another important thing is the status of limitation which is seven years. The problem will stay in that record even if it’s paid and it will be erased automatically by law after seven years but it’ll still stay in your record.

The cost of service is steep. I got 18% and other people are paying more than 24% out of the initial debt. Another thing is the way it's adjusted because it doesn't encourage them not only for New Era but for most of the companies. It should be the percentage of the amount they’ll settle and not the initial amount so it doesn’t encourage them to work for the customer. FTC may have to look it up because this is not something that only New Era is doing. More than 90% of these companies are doing the same thing but the customer that will go into this phase of settlement doesn't have any other exit. New Era has knowledgeable agents and understands the situation. They are stepping forward in really helping the customer and making the customers understand the process but any improvement is welcome.

Dear Dan,
Thank you very much for your candid and honest review. All of us at New Era love hearing from our customers and your comments are very much appreciated. We promise to do our very best to get you the best settlement possible and to save you as much money as we can. We are always looking for ways to get better and improve in everything we do. Thank you very much for your input. Your words mean a lot.
We wish you the best now and in the future as well.

President

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

My debt settlement program with New Era Debt Solutions is still on process. I have lots of debts and I need to pay them off but there's a lot of interest delivered in the credit company. New Era Debt Solutions was more professional than the others and the rate was better. Their team and the quality of service were good.

Dear T M Hossain,
Thank you very much for your kind words and great review.
We promise to keeping working hard on your behalf to get you the best settlements possible to help you get out of debt quickly and save as much money as possible. It is an honor for us to serve you.

Dan Smith

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I wanted to get rid of some debt and I didn’t want to pay minimal payments anymore, so I made a decision to get started with the debt settlement program. I called New Era Debt Solutions and National Debt Relief. The rep from New Era I talked to was kinder. She listened to me for an hour and didn’t try to rush me off the phone. I felt she was somebody that I could trust, over my first impression of National Debt Relief. So, I went with New Era. I also feel that if I made the other choice, I wouldn’t have been happy.

New Era’s customer service has been amazing. Some interactions I had with their reps were through phone and email. I check once every three months to make sure everything’s going okay. There have been five people who keep in touch with me or who answer my phone calls if I need them to. I’m still in the program and the debt consolidation process has been slow, but one of the creditors is not as aggressive and New Era said, "The longer you can wait, then the better." So, I’m trusting in them when it comes to that. When it’s time to move forward, New Era will let me know. I’m not going to push something to try to get something done sooner and mess up the process.

Dear Samantha,
Thank you very much fro your nice comments and your wonderful review. Also thank you very much for putting your trust in New Era. We promise to keep your best interests at heart and do the best we possibly can for you.
It is an honor for us to work with great people like you.

Dan Smith

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

My husband was medically taken out of the military and the transition was a little difficult. Also, I did not work for 11 years and wasn't working when we moved from Washington to California. We needed debt settlement because of the whole situation. The process with New Era has been amazing the whole time. It was easy to enroll our account. We gave them the list of accounts, they put them all in a spreadsheet for us and they let us know how much the monthly payments were gonna be. We've been doing it for 19 to 20 months and there have been a few months that we've had to reduce our payment because my husband didn't get a paycheck that month. He's now out on disability and I'm the sole breadwinner. New Era has worked with us the whole time with managing our payments but still making sure that we're getting our payments made to the credit companies that they've done a bargain with.

When we signed up, New Era did the mediation for us which takes a lot of the stress out of the situation so it's worth paying the fee to acquire the service. They just included that in our first 12 months of monthly payments. Dealing with their team has been great. We sent them an email and there's a response within 24 hours. They worked with us every step of the way and there has been no questioning anything. Our credit is obviously not great because we're in the credit consolidation but we've paid off a few credit cards and New Era has settled a bunch of the debt for a quarter of the price that we initially had. We have six left and it will take until 2018 or 2019, which is not bad. It has been amazing, easy accommodating.

Dear Stevie,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
I tell you it is an honor to be able to serve you and your family, especially since your family provides service to all of us that live here in the United States.
We promise to keep taking care of you as best as we possibly can.
We certainly wish you the very best now and in the future.

Dan Smith

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

We had a lot of credit card debt that had piled up. My husband is in the military and we were trying to get out of the military but unfortunately, he can't walk away with all that debt on us. And for us to pay at minimum payments, it was going to take us years to pay off those debts. So, we got backed into a corner. New Era Debt Solutions offered us the best deal in the shortest amount of time for the settlement program. They gave us a quote of what we would pay and what they think that they could settle the amount for. Then they set that amount for what they think they're going to get to be able to settle the credit cards for and we make a set period of payments for so long.

I've talked to quite a few of their people and the main point of contact we have was awesome. She answered all of my questions and even answered questions about the other agencies that we had been using. They've been in the field for so long and she told me a few different things about some laws that they had helped create that prevented other consumer's debt agencies from getting away with charging people for attorney fees and not actually settling the debt. It was a way for them to make money but not actually doing anything for the people. But New Era doesn't do that. I've also been in contact with our actual agent that handles our settlements through email and phone calls. They're great there.

I feel good about the program. They've already been able to settle a good amount of our cards and they have a plan for the rest of them. We've been in the program for about a year and a few months and they already have a good idea of when we'll be able to settle the rest. It's just a matter of us getting them the amount of money they need. Working with them has made a huge difference in our financial stability and we're making way less payments for credit cards right now. It's not ideal to go through this program but it's what we had to do and for what we're paying and what they're doing for us, it's worth it. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Dear Holly,
Thank you for one of the best and most heart-felt reviews we ever got.
Your words mean the world to us and we take them to heart.
We love helping people, but especially those in the military who are providing sacrificial service to all of us here in the United States of America.
It is truly an honor for us to be able to provide a little service back to you.
I personally want to thank you for your service and I promise we will continue working hard for you and do the best we possibly can.

Dan Smith

Original review: July 16, 2017

We had four major appliances break down in the same year and our water heater broke down the year before that. We had no money and started off making very little with a large family, so we had to use the credit card as a supplement. If we hadn't been in that position, then we would have been fine. Financially speaking, we should be able to live with my husband's income at the moment. It's the matter of debt that we have to take care of. We were making minimum payments and I did the math and realized in a couple of months, we weren't gonna be able to do that, so we decided to undergo a debt settlement program.

We called a few different debt places to compare and after talking to New Era, we felt that the other companies weren't as upfront and open about some of the processes as New Era was. We felt like we had to ask and drag the information out of them versus with New Era, which was the most open and honest about everything. They were willing to answer all of our questions and a lot of them were answered before we had to ask. I have three people who are on my team and in general, anytime we have questions, we call and they are happy to work with us. They've been polite, friendly and generally seemed to be a good bunch. I feel a lot more comfortable if the people seem good.

We communicated with our legal representative the most recently. Since New Era has the settlement, our legal representative explained the settlement options to us and has worked with us quite easily, helping to make things clear and make accommodations. When we first joined the accounts that we used to check on payments and keep track of our situation, they were in the process of changing it. I like how they've changed and updated the account because we can see when and how the payments were made to the different accounts. We can also see what the final settlement was, whereas before, when they were starting out, we couldn't see it exactly, so I would call them a lot more frequently to find out and keep track 'cause I'm a little OCD.

Four out of nine of our accounts have reached settlements and are being paid off. Our goal is to put tax money towards these payments to pay everything off and based off the previous tax payments, we know what we can expect. As long as my husband’s income situation stays the same, we should be completely debt-free, minus our mortgage, in two years. New Era’s service is above and beyond and they made the payment to where we could afford it. It was a four-year program and if we can afford to do it and get rid of our debt in four years, then we're paying for good quality service. They are highly satisfactory and beyond effective. I recommended a friend of mine to New Era Debt Solutions and they are in the program as well.

Dear Brittni,
Thank you for one of the best and most heartfelt reviews we ever received. I tell you it is an honor to work with people like you. We are so grateful that you gave us the opportunity. I promise we will keep working hard for you and provide you with the service and results you deserve.
All of us at New Era wish you the best!

Dan Smith

Original review: July 15, 2017

We had too much debt to pay off. New Era Debt Solutions went to all of my debtors and negotiated a settlement. I pay them every month a set amount of money from my bank account to settle those debts and they take their fee. For what they do, they charge too much but they’ve been very helpful and responsive when we had questions or issues come up. We're currently going through it and we feel good about their service as we’re not stressing as much. It’s definitely taken some of the pressure off.

Dear Reese,
Thank you very much for your great review. I love hearing feedback from our clients. I am glad to hear that some pressure is off and that you are happy with the service you have received. I am disheartened to hear that you think we charge too much however. We are trying to be as efficient and affective as we possibly can without forfeiting the customer service and results our clients deserve.
New Era has one of the lowest fee structures in the debt settlement industry and we work hard to keep it low. If we can become even more efficient and are able to lower the prices we certainly would love to do that.
Thank you again for your candid remarks. We are very appreciative.

Dan Smith

Original review: July 13, 2017

A debt settlement is the best option for my situation and I'm going through it with New Era Debt Solutions because I felt comfortable going with the person that I talked to. They went through and identified the debts that I had and then they took the responsibility for contacting the companies and trying to find a resolution. They also worked out different payment plans and options to reduce that debt. They always reach out to me and they take care of anything that needs to be addressed. There's not much that I have to do. The payments were a little overwhelming, but working with them helped reduce the overall monthly amount I had to pay and got me on the right track to be able to get my life back in order.

Dear Scott,
Thank you very much for your great review. It is always great to hear nice comments from our clients and we are very appreciative. We promise to keep working hard for you to help you as best we possibly can.

New Era Debt Solutions Company Information