Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options
4.78/5

New Era Debt Solutions

New Era Debt Solutions is one of the oldest and most experienced firms in the debt settlement industry. At New Era Debt Solutions, you do not have any upfront fees, in fact, our customers do not pay until they have reached a settlement. With over 17 years of experience, New Era Debt Solutions puts its customers first and lets them know what is best for them. Our goal to help people eliminate their debt as quickly and inexpensively as possible. With this in mind, we have been able to settle over $200,000,000 in client debt. Contact us today to learn more!

Struggling with Credit Card Debt?

Get relief and reduce what you owe

Debt Relief Options

89 New Era Debt Solutions Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 27, 2018

I researched debt settlement companies, and came across New Era. I am so glad I chose them! Their customer service is outstanding, their fees are very reasonable, collecting only when a debt is settled, and they are beyond knowledgeable. I went with another company that ended up in a federal class action lawsuit and involved lawyers who took fees from me monthly. Not New Era! They settled all my debts, and now I am debt free!!! Hooray! And for anyone searching for the right company to handle their credit debts, New Era is the one. Look no further!

Dear Samuel,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We love hearing from great clients like you. It was an honor and a pleasure for us to work with you. All of us at New Era wish you nothing but the best from now and into the future!

President

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I needed a way to pay my bills, but I was not working at that time. I had tried a company in Saint Louis but they couldn’t help me because of the amount, so they referred me to New Era Debt Solutions. Everything was already set up with another company and what it did was send New Era all the information. My situation was a little bit more unique than anybody else’s and it took about two days to get set up with New Era. I just started with them and I’m still going through a debt settlement program. I’m hoping everything will work out and I look forward to getting this taken care of. They’ve been trying to work with me and so far, everything has been going fine. I would recommend New Era Debt Solutions.

Hi Brian,
Thank you for your review and thank you for putting your confidence in New Era to help you in your unique situation. We promise that we will do our very best and to help you as much as we possibly can. We are here for you.

President

Get expert buying tips about Debt Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I’m in the middle of a debt settlement program with New Era Debt Solutions. Compared to others, they gave me the most information and the best rates. They seemed to be the most knowledgeable, just like the division person I spoke to. The process was easy and I was very comfortable dealing with them. The service was excellent and it was a very positive experience. I would use them again.

Dear Jarrett,
Thank you very much for your great review of New Era.
We love hearing from great clients like you and your comments are very important to us. We are going to keep working hard on your behalf to continue to provide you with the very positive experience you deserve.

President

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I’m currently going through a two-year program with New Era Debt Solutions. The other company that I worked with was unethical and I had a horrible experience with that company, so I'd rather work with New Era on the Department of Education's behalf. They also got a great rating by the Better Business Bureau. They consolidate all the debts together, let me know the deals and prices that they could take on and I can pay it off early which are all nice. They saw my credit report and said they’re able to work on it on my behalf. I also asked them to work on another student loan that I’m currently fighting back and forth with, but they were not able to take on that yet because it was a debt. But they were helpful along the way and I felt very comfortable working with them. It was a very streamlined process and I got what I wanted out of it. Everything is taken care of and my credit rating is going up, and I don't have to worry about it lingering over me.

Dear Ashley,
Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
We love hearing from great clients like you.
Thank you for giving New Era the opportunity to help you in any way we possibly can.
Wishing you nothing but the best!

President

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

People that need relief service and are overwhelmed with their debts are not going to go wrong with New Era Debt. They won't make you feel like you're just a number, they'll genuinely try to help you get through your crisis as opposed to just being passed around from one person to another, and you can trust them. I was on a tremendous amount of stress with my mother dealing with Alzheimer's. I was trying to take care of her and I gave up the income I was receiving. I was still currently up until about six months ago on everything, then I ended up running up a few more debts on the credit cards. I was still making my payments but I decided to avail of debt relief services.

Before New Era, I was with another debt settlement company. I made one payment and I told them I was sending money back because they were shuffling me around. They said "Hi" and gave me a pitch, then once I said, "Yeah," they shuffled me somewhere else. They also told me to call a person for this and write this for that, so it was a very negative experience. Compared to them, New Era was much better. The way that New Era handled my account felt like at least I had the ability to talk to the guy who signed me up and that they were very honorable, integrity wise.

Alex, the guy that I worked with, seemed upfront. He’s been doing it way back around late 90's and I figured that he's an honest person who's trying to help some people out. I also felt like he's doing it for people's best interest, plus he didn't advertise or call people on the phone like all these other consumer companies now. He was concerned and a legit guy that you could go to if you had a problem. He was very positive and helpful, too. He didn't high pressure me and gave me very fast service.

So far, they settled one of my debts and they temporarily took some relief off for me when they did that. In hindsight, getting their service wasn't necessary as I could have settled that debt myself. But I wouldn't use a debt settlement company if I wasn't going through a lot of things and I didn't need more monkey on my back. So I have nothing but positive things to say about New Era Debt. If anybody's having a debt problem and they don't feel like they can handle it, they should go to New Era because Alex can help put their mind at ease and take care of their situation.

Dear Richard,
I can't thank you enough for your kind words and wonderful review.
And it is great to hear your comments about Alex.
You are right about Alex. He has a huge heart for people, he sincerely wants to help in any way he can, and he has been around for a very long time and he knows what he is talking about. He will be glad to read your comments and he will be very appreciative. We always love hearing from great clients like you.
Wishing you the best Richard!

President

How do I know I can trust these reviews about New Era Debt Solutions?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I saw myself in a situation where I couldn’t handle the debt and the offers that the bank was doing to settle weren’t that attractive compared to what New Era Debt Solutions was advertising and offering. I spoke directly to New Era's founder and owner and going with them seemed the right choice. Your accounts are needed to be viewed and outdated from the bank to be considered delinquent. Once you're over the six-month period then the bank will hire another collecting company and that's when New Era comes in. I'm still going through the program and the last time I had an update from New Era, my debt had been sent to a debt collection company. Most of the time, my interactions with their team has been one-on-one phone calls. The quality of the service I’ve received was good and it made me feel confident that we will come to a nice settlement and final solution. Also, the cost was fair. I’m really confident and happy with them.

Dear Luis,
Thank you very much for your review. It is great to hear from you.
It is an honor for us to work with people like you and we promise to do the very best we possibly can on your behalf.
We look forward to getting you your first settlement and to save you a lot of time and money.

President

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I had four credit card payments that I couldn't afford to pay. I investigated online, looked at a lot of reviews and the ones for New Era were better than everybody else's. I am now in my ninth month with them and I still have another year and two months to go. Their debt consolidation process was very easy. I spoke to the owner on the phone and we went through the amount of money that I owed the credit card companies. I asked him if they dealt with the companies that my cards were with and he said that he had dealt with them many times and that it worked out well. I had another call from a young lady and she made sure that everything was good. When I didn't get everything in the mail, she made sure that I did. Then, I got five calls from the credit card companies and I explained to them what was going on. I never heard anything back from them and everything is hunky-dory.

So far, I'm very happy with the quality of service from New Era. They do all the work and my mind is at ease since I don't have to worry about dealing with it. Everything's getting done now. There was no way I could have afforded to make those credit card payments but now I've got one payment that comes out the same time every month. New Era is in business to make money and the amount that they are going to make is minimal compared to the amount that I was paying, so I'm very happy with the cost of their service. I'm now on my way from Richmond, Virginia up to West Virginia, and this is possible because of New Era. They took a big burden off of me and I'd recommend them to others.

Dear Brian,
Thank you very much for your kind words and wonderful review.
It is an honor for us to work with people like you and we will work hard for you.
Wish you nothing but the best!

President

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I needed to get out of a hole and New Era Debt Solutions seemed the best way to do it. We called them up and spoke to their representative. She walked us through everything and told us what we owed and what they could do for us. We’re in the waiting process for it to go to the collector. So far, so good.

Dear Preston,
Thank you very much for your review.
All of us at New Era promise to work hard on your behalf to get you the best results possible.

President

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I am currently going through a settlement program with New Era Debt Solutions. I was trying to see how much it was going to save me and I thought they'd be able to help. Before that, I went online and read positive reviews from people who have gone through the program. They seemed to rate well. I also spoke to so many other people and they definitely helped. So far, so good. Every time I have questions about anything, or they need to reach out to me, our communication has been really good and open. I'm also making progress. I saved some money when one account was closed. And while I’m certainly not the only one who thinks the faster the better, the pace is reasonable. It's been a very positive experience with New Era Debt Solutions.

Dear Matthew,
Thank you very much for your review.
We promise to keep working hard on your behalf to help you get out of debt as quickly and inexpensively as possible.
Have a great day and thank you again!

President

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I looked at a couple of companies online and I liked what was written about New Era Debt Solution. I’m visually impaired and they seemed to understand that I might have to have some correspondence through email. They were willing to work with me. And some months that I couldn’t make the whole payment, they gave me a couple of months and then I could go back to them. They were easy to work with.

I can also ask them anything and they’ll do what they can do to help and they go the extra mile. When I was getting information on my cards, I was having trouble with the websites because they’re graphical. I have a screen reader but it doesn’t work because they can’t read pictures. So, they suggested different ways that I could still get the information if I didn’t want another person to help me. They were creative and don’t want to give up on me. They’re good about respecting people’s privacy as well. I feel secure that they’re honest people and that they are going to do what they say. It’s a very easy experience to go through.

Dear Joanne,
Your comments mean the word to me and I am very glad to hear from you.
Believe me when I say that it is an honor for us to help people like you!
We wish you the best now and in the future!

New Era Debt Solutions expert review by Barbara Friedberg

New Era Debt Solutions has been offering people debt relief options since 1999. It provides debt settlement programs for multiple types of unsecured debt, including credit cards, personal lines of credit, repossessions, judgments and private student loans.

• Focus on transparency: New Era offers its clients multiple benefits to ensure that it remains transparent and provides fair services. None of its debt settlement programs have upfront or add-on fees. New Era handles each program from beginning to end and will not pass anyone off to another company.

• Multiple debt types: New Era offers debt relief solutions for multiple types of debt. People can qualify for relief programs for debts involving credit cards, department store cards, signature loans, personal lines of credit, repossessions, judgments and private student loans.

• Credit counseling: New Era provides a credit counseling debt relief program. Credit counseling allows people to make a single monthly payment to a credit counseling agency. That agency pays the client's creditors at lower interest rates, allowing the client to pay off the debt faster.

• Debt negotiation: New Era will help negotiate the principal balance owed to make it more affordable. This is a popular, less expensive form of debt settlement.

• Debt consolidation: New Era helps clients take out a larger, low-interest loan to pay off higher-interest unsecured loans.

• Best for: clients looking for a transparent debt consolidation company.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg