3.56/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Merrick Bank is a top 20-issuer of Visa® credit cards with nearly two million customers, specializing in helping customers establish, re-establish, or rebuild their credit. The Bank offers two types of lending products for this purpose, unsecured credit cards and secured credit cards. Additionally, Merrick Bank provides consumer financing for marine and recreational vehicles, and Merchant Services throughout the United States.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Merrick Bank Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I have called before and ask about a decrease in my interest rate. Normally I do not pay attention to things and did not realize the extremely high interest. I ask her for a interest rate reduction or I will make sure this account is paid off faster and then cancel my account. I feel like I have paid you every month with no late payments and feel I deserve a cut in rates. I have not missed a payment on your account or any other account. Screw the score.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I cannot wait to transfer my balance and cancel this card. They are criminals with the interest rate they charge. They try to hostage you and rape you with the interest rate. Avoid them at all cost. I've had the card for years and have always paid on time. I have recently accumulated a balance and I asked for a lower interest rate. There was zero consideration.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Merrick Bank is outstanding. I’ve been a customer several years and just love them. I never have any problems and if I ever have any questions or concerns they address them immediately. I couldn’t be happier.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I started my credit with you and have never been disappointed. I even have 3 other credit cards even Discover. Even though the limit is $3500 they control what I can do when I want that's why usual balance is paid.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I would say it has been awesome for me. Customer service is great. The only thing I wish would change is the app for international. I wasn’t able to make my payment on vacation. But I had my son call for me and let them no the date and time I would be back in the United States. I was two days past my due date but it was no problem. I have never been late or miss a payment. To me that’s outstanding customer's service. Thank you Merrick Bank. Jeffrey

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Merrick Bank?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

My experience with Merrick Bank has been exceptional. Online access to my account is easy and quick. Communication from the bank is regular and good. I do not receive a bunch of junk mail or offers which do not interest me. I have received increases to my credit limit as my account history has changed. Nothing to complain about here! Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

We'd actually never heard of this bank until we received an offer in the mail for their card. So glad we did it! It's been a real benefit to our finances AND to our credit score. Of course, we are careful to make our payments on time, and usually pay more than the minimum due. So far, they have increased our credit limit 3 times in the 2 or 3 years we've had the account. Great choice for rebuilding your credit. I would recommend this bank to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I received a letter that had detected that possible fraudulent activity had happened with my card. I spoke w/ a rep who informed me that someone had attempted to use my card for $800 in New York and that they had used my card 2 other times for pizzas for over $100. He asked a few questions and then informed me that my old card would be cancelled and replaced and all the charges would be removed. For me it was a major thing made simple and handled quite well.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Being a loyal customer with Merick Bank all these years, you have never given me a break with my interest rate at all. I believe I should get my interest rate lowered. There has never been any other problems. That's why I only rate you with one star. Why are my interest rates still high?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

So far, has been rather amicable and satisfying! Would like to know why my card credit amount keeps fluctuating at times, but other than that, it’s been a good relationship with Merrick! I would do it again!

Merrick Bank Company Information