Learn More

2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

3.8/5 (74 ratings)

About Merrick Bank

Merrick is an invitation-only bank that provides clients with opportunities to build or reestablish poor credit. Its FDIC-insured products include a secured Visa credit card, personal loans and certificates of deposit. Through a variety of programs, such as goScore, goSpecial and goLearn, Merrick Bank offers monthly FICO scores, shopping discounts and financial education to its customers.

Pros

• Cards and loans for low credit scores
  • Financial education resources
  • goScore program

Cons

• Minimum $25,000 for CDs
  • No balance transfers

Bottom Line

Merrick Bank specializes in credit repair products and services for people looking to rebuild or fix their credit. Some of its credit cards come with high fees, but its Platinum Visa card has double credit limit increases.

Merrick Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Merrick Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Merrick Bank?

Original review: May 11, 2021

So far I have no complaints. I’ve had a card with Merrick a while now and have had good credit increases. Also I don’t worry about extra fees or anything. What you see is what you get. I love the app and the customer service is excellent.

Original review: May 10, 2021

Very pleased with the customer service and with the ease of doing business with Merrick Bank. I just wish there was a way that a long time customer as myself could switch my credit card account to a no fee account.

Original review: May 10, 2021

I have a credit card from Merrick bank & my husband has one as well. They increase credit lines after 7 months of your account being in good standing. The credit line doubles at that time. Their customer service has been great as well.

Original review: May 10, 2021

I am happy with my overall experiences with Merrick Bank and how you increased my credit limit several months ago. I think that you should have a better system for displaying recent credit card activity or transactions. I think it should be displayed on the account home page of your website, maybe in 30 or 90 day increments up to and including the last 6 months.

Original review: May 10, 2021

This company has been great. They raise limits periodically if you make your payments on time. Their mobile app is very user friendly and works instantly if you need to freeze your card/account if you have a lost or stolen card. I really have enjoyed their services.

Original review: April 24, 2021

Other banks have declined to give me credit card as I had no credit not because I have bad credit but because I just didn’t have credit. Merrick Bank not just have a credit card but now they upped my credit limit. I am happy with my card. Now I am building up my credit. Thank you.

Original review: April 24, 2021

Great credit boosting card with very reasonable monthly payments! Love the credit line increases!!

Original review: April 1, 2021

When disputes occur the Credit Card Companies have a legal obligation to be impartially and decide with Facts which party breached the contract. Merrick Bank did neither and demanded pay without investigation.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I am very unhappy not realizing I was going to have to pay a fee each month not to mention the interest rate being so high. I guess with the Covid 19 going on and everyone's income being hurt others are regretting getting this charge card. Hopefully I can pay it off soon. One month I had a 27,00 extra fee and the gentlemen I spoke with on the phone said that charge was because I used the card to charge something. Well on that note I have been dearly trying not to use it. I will try to get my balance paid ASAP so I can close this account.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I am very happy with Merrick Bank, they have been helpful to me on several occasions. They are courteous on the phone. They answer the questions that I have asked and they give me advice when I ask it.

Merrick Bank Company Information