Key Bank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I thought opening a Keybank account would be convenient cause there's a branch close by. I have been a Bank of America customer since they bought Fleet bank. I was hoping for a similar experience with Key... Keep on hoping. :-( I signed up for a new account with Keybank a few weeks ago. It took them 2 weeks to approve my account. So they send me an e-mail telling me to go to a local branch to sign some papers... when I did the lady had no idea what I was talking about. I tried to sign up for online banking which was all I really wanted in the first place. You need a debit card to do so.

Called Cust serviced and was on hold for 15 minutes. The cust service rep told me he needed to transfer me to the fulfillment Dept. He transferred Me and I was on hold for 20 minutes and lady who finally came on the line (who spoke broken english) couldn't figure out what to Do so she put me on hold after 5 minutes on hold I hung up. Will close the account tomorrow and never deal with key again. DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID... NO HASSLE FREE CHECKING!!! Better yet... NO KEY BANK.

I was patient with the glitches that occurred during the initial merger from First Niagara and Key Bank. Then about 6 weeks later we get a (fraud) pending transaction, against our account from someone from France. I immediately alerted the branch that we deal with and they alerted their fraud department. So I thought. For three days I kept an eye on my account and found no credit and each day I called for an update. I asked the bank representative if they could tell me if one of our debit cards had been compromised, which is what happened in the past.

When they were First Niagara I would be alerted immediately from the bank about fraudulent transactions and they always found it to be coming from one of our debit cards that been compromised. The debit card would be closed out immediately and problem resolved. After the third day the transaction was no longer in the pending and now it was paid. What dig bats! This is a bank for goodness sacks they are supposed to look out for their accounts. I called the bank to alert them of this and they said that It may take up to 10 days for the credit to go back in.

Key Bank is one of the worst banks I have dealt with. They bought out First Niagara which I was completely satisfied with. Key Bank takes fees for anything and everything. I will be switching banks asap. DO NOT BANK WITH KEY BANK!!

This bank needs a class action law suit file against it. I was with First Niagara which was bought by Key. I have had the same acct for 16 years and through 5 mergers, and now I am forced to change banks. First, they would not convert my son's acct to a student acct even though he is a student. 2nd, they purposefully hold over direct deposits to charge overdraft fees. 3rd, and most horrible, they shut the system down every day from about 8pm to 6am the next morning and from Fri night to Monday morning. FNFG would post a mac debt immediately.

We run paycheck to paycheck and my son in college has a little to spend that I give him. He is used to checking the app to see what he has. Key doesn't update in real time like FNFG and most other banks, so one has to keep track in a check record of what is really there, as if you look at the app, you won't see what you really have. FNFG was bought by this bank with HQ out in OH in a cash strapped county, and all they do is hold deposits so that they get nsf fees, and they don't update in real time. So that they get nsf fees. It's literally done on purpose and it's highway robbery. I have never had this happen in 16 years...

Again after 16 years with the same acct, I am forced to switch banks. This bank didn't even have an escrow dept for mortgages. They are keeping FNFGs dept... How can you be a bank in 2016 and not have an escrow dept., and not update accounts in real time or at least every hour like FNFG??? I am going to oversight commission on them. This has been the worst merger I have ever been through and the worst banking experience.

I was a First Niagara customer and I LOVED banking with them. Key Bank took over and I had nothing but problems. During the change over my debit card was "accidentally" deactivated and I found out when my husband and I went out to dinner for our Anniversary, luckily we had cash. I was so embarrassed and they told me that it has happened to several people that night. Then my auto payment was denied and the bank had no explanation for it. The final straw is when I woke up to my account negative over $400 because they double paid all my bills. My husband and I went that day and opened an account with another bank and closed Key Bank account. My daughter also switched, she has has problems also.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Key Bank?

I've had nothing but trouble since I opened my Key Bank accounts. First of all, the gentleman at the branch I opened the account set up my Direct Deposit incorrectly. There is a promotion going on right now where you receive $300 to open an new account with a minimum of $1000 to be DD into the account on a monthly basis. The representative at the bank set it up through my HSA account not the checking account, so I won't get to receive the $300 as a result! I didn't even ask for an HSA!! I now have the DD set up correctly through the correct account.

Now I am having problems with transferring money from my Key Bank account to my Chase account. Apparently it was not set up correctly or not verified so I decide to try a work around and transfer the money as a Bill Pay from Key to Chase. I submitted the Bill Pay 5 days ago and Chase has not received the check, so I did a stop payment on the check through Key. Now Key Bank is not giving me money back!!! They said it will take another 5-7 days to put the funds back into my account. This is UNEXCEPTIONABLE!!! IT IS MY MONEY AND NOW I HAVE NO ACCESS TO IT! What a mess! I spent 1 hour on the phone with CSR's and Managers and another hour at a branch! 2 hours out of my day and I still don't have my funds. Beyond pissed!

On Saturday evening at 4:45 pm, I received certified mail from my bank, KEY BANK. By the time I chatted with mail person and got in the house it was nearly 5 pm, bank closed. In reading the letter, it left me in a panic. It said that my account was to be closed because of a deposit and withdraw law. I'm a recent widow in my senior years. I've owned businesses for years and had to purchase parts for my company from all around the world. I've never in my life been overdrawn or written checks that needed to be canceled and felt that keeping track of all my banking, especially now as a retired citizen. So when I first read the letter, I thought, again they waste so much money with these certified form letters. But after reading this about ten times, I realized it was an action being taken against my personal checking account.

WHY? WHAT had I done? Who was in my account? And how much damage had been done to the balance? Those were my questions. So I first called the number at the bottom of the letter. Of course no one there no message could be left. I then went online to "online banking" services which to my horror said I was not able to use due to status of my account. I went to bank fraud number on back of card to report that perhaps something was done in error to my account. "Not available" because of status. In other words, I had no way to find out what had happened and what I should do to protect myself! I was scared out of my wits, not mad...yet! I had to sit stewing in this until bank opened Monday morning.

No sleep no rest and in horror as to what could come next of all my funds had been drained, I waited going from scared to really upset, not mad yet.... So Monday morning comes and I was in the bank first thing. By now, I've already got it in my mind that I need to change banks! They have dropped a bombshell letter and left no information and I'm the victim here. So I walk in to normal tellers and show the letter. They get this "aghast" look on their faces and say "that's between you the bank".....duh! So, in sequence here was the short version of an hour long ordeal. Refusal to give any information to explain why my accounts are closed, refusal to get any person to explain why my account is closed, refusal to show any data compiled for reason why my account is closed, and refusal to show sequences of "event" of why my account is closed, refusal to call to try and mitigate the problem.

So after some very heated time, I was given the phone line and sat on hold for 15 minutes only to be hung up on. I finally came to the conclusion my best plan was to try and get the money out of the bank and pay any consequences of bouncing checks (for the first time in my 56 year life!) My balance looked correct - perhaps some charges I know nothing about (and never will because they won't give me any explanations or documents to show activity) but I felt the need to get out what I could. I must say, my feeling was this bank is for sure closing!! So I demanded a cashiers check and cash to the limit available. Tellers agreed to that but had a very hard time taking the hold off my account.... hold on a personal checking account used for bills and buying Christmas gifts online. (I am so afraid that I have been hacked into by something online and to this, I still don't know if that's true or not!) But I did get my money.

Never, ever ever ever, have I, as the customer that had a VERY large balance been so humiliated and mistreated by a bank. I was the plague to every single person there! And I DID NOTHING WRONG! And worse I have no way to find out WHAT happened or stand up for myself in any way! After leaving the local bank, I went home to regroup myself. I remain in complete panic thinking about what could happen if these fools at KEY BANK destroy my credit someway. I decided to try calling the number on the letter one more time and success! Or at least I thought briefly... the man on the phone gave me even less than the tellers. He claimed he was the head of legal dept and responsible for all communication of and from that dept.

He claimed he was the sole spokesperson for the CEO of KEY BANK and that all communication to the CEO would be going trough him and he claimed he was the sole head of his department that would be the ONLY dept to give information on this matter!!! So, I met by phone the lord god of KEY BANK by calling an 800 number!!! What a crock!! After 3 days of horror and still being no closer to what has happened and why and what actions this bank has done to my credit history and to all the pending checks that will now bounce, I say to anyone thinking KEY BANK, you'd be much better off to use a rock and tin can to protect your money and your credit!!

So I was a First Niagara customer. I held a auto loan with them. I'm obsessed with making my payments early and dream of the day my car will be paid off so the only reason I knew Key bought my account was because I went to the online and tried to log in at First Niagara and was redirected to Key Bank. I got nothing in the mail, no email notifying me of the buyout. Ok not the end of the world. I called Key Bank. Asked them what this meant. How do I make payments now? They told me I would have the same account numbers and I could continue making payments the way I always did just Key Bank would be me payee. Ok. Great. This is 2 weeks before my payment is due so I switch everything over to Key Bank make and decide (thank god) instead of making a double pay I would pay the minimum since it was my first payment with them. Thank god because according to my bank Key Bank rejected my payment.

I call them back. They have no record of any payment being made. I make a phone payment because it's 3 days away from being due they tell me "We normally charge 10 service charge but because you are First Niagara customer we are waving this for 1 year." Well they charged me the 10 dollars. I've been on the phone with them for over 1 hour... trying to find out why it will not accept my payments and trying to get my 10 bucks back. They have no record of charging me 10 dollars... seriously? I'm looking at my statement and you charged me 10 dollars. Finally after arguing with the man on the phone I ask for a supervisor... sure wait 20 mins get disconnected. I call back tell them I want to talk to a supervisor. I explain why they put me on hold - disconnected again. This is my 3rd attempt. I'm on hold again 15 mins. I have to find a way to move my account.

My auto loan was originally with First Niagara Bank who provided excellent service when it was transferred to Key Bank without input from me during the most recent buyout. I received three letters from Key Bank advising they had purchased the loan with the purchase of the bank, that there would be no changes in my account nor in my electronic transfer monthly of my payment. I called Key Bank customer service, to confirm the three letters received, and that there was nothing I needed to do, the payments would continue monthly via EFT and was assured it would. I then received a collection call advising that not only was I late on a car payment, but that I would be issued a late fee penalty and that my car was going to be called for repossession.

In review of my account, the payment was NOT late, in fact they called two days before the payment was due. I demanded to speak to a supervisor to have the car payment automatically paid, have the late fee waived and to confirm the three letters that I had in my hand regarding no change in EFT were in fact, sent by Key Bank. I was told that Key Bank had NO information about EFT with my account, that the letters were sent in error and that I would have to apply for EFT. By this time, I had created an account with Key Bank and was looking at my account online for payment while on the phone with the customer service rep.

I advised that the customer service rep that the account indeed reflected that my monthly payment was paid via EFT and that it showed the 2 years of history. I was told that I was lying and when I told them I was looking at my account online, they hung up on me. I called back and advised I would be filing a complaint about the poor best practice handlings of this bank and again was hung up on. In the course of 4 days, I received repeated collection calls, despite my bank confirming payment was made prior for the month of October and that they were charging me daily late fees.

I called the loan center and requested payoff amount and a closing statement, in which they refused to provide, so my bank could re-write the loan. My bank called and requested this information, in which they also refused to provide to them. I finally was able to contact a local customer service rep who assisted with the necessary paperwork and contacted my bank with the required information. A total of 7 business days have since passed, my bank provided a copy of the payoff check sent to Key Bank along with when it was sent to them. The collection calls begin again today. When I provided the date of the check, the amount and the information of where the check was sent, the customer service representative advised they would continue to call daily and they would continue to assess late fees as the computer has not yet been updated to reflect payoff.

I have never experienced such awful service, blatant disregard for following customer service and best practices in my life. My bank, which happens to be a credit union, bent over backwards to assist me and re-write the loan. The service level at a credit union is much more impressive than big banks. My bank has confirmed that Key Bank has indeed received the payoff from my financial institution and called on my behalf to speak to the loan department. She has been met with the same disregard for best practices as I have. I would never refer anyone to have any banking with Key Bank and they certainly did not make the financial transition easy, despite the three letters sent promising this would be "an easy transition".

I became a Key Bank customer when they acquired First Niagara. I used to be able to comment my deposits, so a description I provided showed up on statements and online. No such capability at Key Bank. Other banks let you see an image of a deposit ticket which can provide the information. No such capability at Key Bank. I used to be able to schedule transfers from my Line of Credit that would occur month after month. No such capability at Key Bank. I've been using banks for a long time, and in all my experience I never had a bank just flat out steal money from me. But on examining transactions between my line of credit and my checking account I noticed that they took out a payment of $10.88 in interest on November 7th, the same day I also paid the same amount. The two withdrawals debit my checking account, but only one of the credits is posted to the loan account.

I called about the issue and the person answering the phone explained that my call had to be sent to someone else. I was transferred to someone else, who naturally told me that my call had to be sent to someone else. After a dozen rings or so a voice came on the phone to tell me I had reached a nonworking number at Key Bank. I then went to a branch and discussed the matter with a Bank employee. He researched the matter and told me later in the day that this is something the Bank is aware of, has happened to others, and that they will refund the money they appropriated from me in about a week. The customer service experience this time was similar to what I have experienced before. As soon as I can complete alternate banking arrangements I will be leaving this poor excuse for a Bank.

My whole family have been key customers, for years but over last 2 years it means no service and pay us fees. All reps we have dealt with have left key which translates that they cannot keep anyone. I was at bank 2 times today after returning from a work trip yesterday, was trying to order parts before leaving on work trip again and have them expressed to me. Only to find out a block on my card and the only department in the entire company that can correct this works you guessed it from 9 to 5 lol. Tell me this doesn't sound like a government operation lol. So I was told "nothing we can do because you must talk to this department", who did not send me email, or call or anything a carrier pigeon before taking such action.

Fraud department has full authority in Key Bank I assume. So I asked who is going to fix any issues, that this will create, because I have nothing better to do before leaving them to clean up a bank mess they created. I guess this is our job as clients: clean up key bank mess. And fix checks they return due to this mess. So I feel its time key step up. This department needs to be open as long as customer service is open. If you block things this way then you are responsible to clean up mess, contact other banks of checks you return or if client has to clean up mess you pay the client for correcting your mess.

So from now on I will be recording all calls and get names before I communicate with key bank staff. Now back to the issue being at the bank 2 trips and swiped my card both times nothing brought up to me about issue whatsoever. So I assume key's bank tellers and fraud department and I guess their IT department are incapable of doing their jobs. I was told time to move out of this sad bank. Now I believe it's time.

I applied for a mortgage loan that would refinance a current mortgage and a home equity line (both from different banks) in June 2016. Explained that I had a bankruptcy in Jan 2011 due to life-threatening illness, and that my mortgage and car payments were reaffirmed in the bankruptcy, but the home equity loan was discharged. However, because it was a secured loan I continued to pay it monthly. I was told there would not be an issue as long as a credit report came back clean, which it did. They asked for copies of the 45 pages of my bankruptcy paperwork, which was supplied. Was told a closing would be scheduled before the end of August. In reviewing my credit report, nothing was reported about the home equity line, so in a 4 way phone call with Key Bank, Chase, the credit bureau and myself, the credit bureau indicated that on 5 occasions in the past 5 years I had been late on my H.E. line 5X.

Key then sent me a letter denying my credit. However, the person handling my application told me it was unlawful for the credit bureau to have disclosed that information as it was a violation of the bankruptcy laws. For 3 weeks I fought with Chase to provide a corrected credit report, since all payments made had been done so voluntarily. My loan officer said once the credit report came back clean again, we would be good to go. It came back clean and then she told me they were denying me because my bankruptcy paperwork indicated the H.E. line WAS to be reaffirmed, but Chase said it wasn't. So because of the discrepancy, they denied me credit. I was told to contact the bankruptcy court to clarify. Apparently my attorney did not reaffirm ANY of my loans, although I continued to pay them all off.

So once I got the letter from the bankruptcy court explaining the discrepancy, I was under the impression I was good to move forward. Apparently not... But I don't know why. All emails to my mortgage officer have gone unanswered. They took $500.00 off my credit card with no explanation, even when I requested an explanation. It has now been a month since the bankruptcy court clarified the situation. My current mortgage and H.E. line are up to date. I have reached out to my loan officer at Key explaining that I felt blown off. I am disabled and struggling to keep my home. Acquiring a new mortgage at a new lower interest rate would combine my current mortgage and H.E. line into a payment that would save me at least $200.00/month and allow me to stay in my home.

I worked for the same company for 30 years and have been in my home 24 years. I've been a customer of Key for 30+ years. My current mortgage lender could not refinance my mortgage for more than 20 years as it's not a lot of money as mortgages go ($90000.00) and that was the guideline. I am so angry at Key for jerking me around, making me jump through numerous hoops, encouraging me that things are looking good and then BAM! Nothing... I have never been treated so disrespectfully and felt so dismissed. They refuse to acknowledge my emails and have given me no reason for their current reason for ignoring my requests. I will report them to BBB, but in the meantime I must now start this process all over again somewhere, but I have no money left to pay for appraisals, etc. I fear losing my home.

My appraisal came back that indicated I had about $45000.00 equity in my home over and above what I was asking to borrow. If they were going to deny me based on my credit report, they should never have ordered the appraisal and charged my credit card for $500. They won't even send me a copy of the appraisal! I find them to be unethical, unprofessional, and corrupt. I will be working to move all of my accounts away from them. I want people to be aware of how they treat customers. There is no reason for them to be unkind and unfair in their approach and that has been my experience.

I've been a customer for over 25 years, no problems whatsoever, & have used online banking since the very beginning. Now Key Bank has "upgraded" their website and ever since it's been very difficult to use the online bill pay. I sit down once or twice a week, usually late, to pay whatever. Once in a while, the website isn't available -- ok no problem. But recently, since the website has changed around the first of October, I've tried to pay a bill and get all the way through the process, then a little drop-down box pops up and say "the payment cannot be executed at this time." Ok, so I tried again, same thing & I gave up. The next night I tried it again and had the same thing happen with a different payment. So I went to the individual websites and paid that way.

A few days later, I checked the bank website and saw that the payments had each gone through twice! Once each though the individual website and once each through online bill pay. Plus another payment through online bill pay was pending, so I was able to stop that payment. I wrote emails to let Key Bank know their website was messed up, and I just let my 2 extra payments go through because they were small. Now the same thing has happened again. This time I took a screenshot of the website to share with their Digital Service Team. It's very sad to lose confidence in an institution that has your money!

Where do I begin...Sent a payment back in May. The cash, the check never post it to my account and will not take a copy of the cancelled check as proof!!! My bank is handling it now. Trying to get a payoff amount from them and going thru hurdles. Did I mention they outsource their call center to a foreign country!!!

I also was a first Niagara customer that was taken by surprise about the changes that happened after the take over. Being a retired DAV I depend on the promptness and availability of my direct deposits. When problems happened I called customer service for help. Useless. Said "no record of transactions for last 180 days please go to the branch". Surprise! No parking spaces at the bank. Had to park next door and walk. Quite the crowd of frustrated customers. I waited {and waited} my turn. Only 1 person was left of the original staff. Some lady from the west coast was running the show.

Checked my account. 7 overdraft fees and 1 for trying to check my balance at a non Key Bank ATM. I live a half hour from the bank and phone service was useless with them. Apparently there was some old checks that put a hold on my account so every bill I paid was returned and a fee added and a fee for having fees. In short bills did not get paid, account overdrawn. My fault for not checking balances to see if my deposit went in on time {it did not} so things went quite well with this new bank don't you think? I have dealt with loan sharks in the service with better terms and customer service. I now understand why there are so very many complaints against Key Bank.

Key Bank recently changed their website. The new website does not properly display the due date, or amount due, when you click on some of their accounts. On their credit card accounts they do display the amount due and due date. On their loan accounts this information is NOT displayed. So users have to guess at the due date. I recently missed it by a day and was hit with a late charge. This is simple information that can and should be displayed on the website. When I called Key Bank to point this out, it took 35 mins and 2 calls (first call went into an endless loop!) to finally get someone to help. At 35 mins, the customer service team is overworked, understaffed and I bet they just hate their jobs. Key Bank gets a C- for their new website changes and a C- for their customer service.

Key put a nearly two-week hold on a check I deposited because I had insufficient funds in the past for a period of 12 days. Will never use them again. Condescending customer service agents and tellers. They are accruing interest on money that is mine. TELL EVERYONE TO DUMP KEY!

Former First Niagara customer. On hold for a long time only to be told that too bad if not all my accounts showed up online and I had an overdraft protection in place with First Niagara: I'm still getting charged $34 for a one day overdraft. Also, quite rude. Ready to switch banks.

Have been a customer of First Niagara since they moved into Mt. Pleasant Pa. Key Bank froze my account because of supposed fraud. Their idea of fraud is not allowing my password to transfer from F.N. to Key Bank. I used the pin number that I had used for five years and they changed from five digits to four! Nice move not telling anyone.

Went to the Bank and they said they were sorry for the mix up. Teller changed pin number and told me, "You will have no problem." Went across street to use debit card and they declined it! There are several thousand dollars in that account. Went back to the bank again, the story changed when I got there. Said it would take 24 hours to remove hold and said they would call me when removed. Never called me.

Called back to the Country Side Branch today and they said it SHOULD be ok now? What kind of answer is that. Did not get out today to check, better work tomorrow or there will be hell to pay. I also asked them why they held a direct deposit from the SSA for three days? They said they don't, I said, "You did", and she said they do not.

Now I checked online and watched it sit in the pending file for three days. She is basically calling me a liar! This bank has to the end of October to straighten out or they will go the way of the dinosaur. One of the worst banking experiences I have encountered in 63 years on this planet. I also talked to a few retailers in the area and they said everyone is having the same problem. Asked the Manager at the Branch about this and she said I was the only one. My daughter called today and they did the same thing to her, but said she has to come in and fill out forms. My question is why. I swear these people forgot the number one rule of being in business. "The customer is ALWAYS right." My experience is all bad.

This is not the first time I've gone through a bank ownership change. This is the worst. I see there are several poor experiences with other former First Niagara customers listed. I will be joining those leaving this institution. I have signed up to this particular website solely for the purpose of expressing my chagrin at KEY. I work in the banking IT industry, it really is not this difficult to change IT backend without disrupting QoS for the customer, if you can't do this, I don't trust ANYTHING you will do in the future. Goodbye.

I called Key Bank to pay my husband's car loan as I have done every month since he purchased his vehicle. I had all the information needed such as his loan number, his ss#, our bank acct number - everything. I was not asking Key Bank to give me any information about him or his account, I had all that information to give them. I simply wanted to make a payment. I was told they could not accept my payment because I am not listed on his loan. I asked to speak to a manager and after being put on hold for a rather long time was told there wasn't one available. Mark took my number and told me a manager would call me regarding the Key Bank third party policy. No call has been received. My husband's loan payment is now late and Key Bank has another very unhappy customer.

I've recently been forced to migrate banking from First Niagara Bank to Key Bank. This was the worst experience in all of my years of banking. I have not been able to log in to my online accounts or apps for the past week. So I called a few days ago just to be on hold for 2 hrs, finally was connected to a representative and they had no solution to this problem and advise that I stop at a local branch. In which I did on my 30 min lunch break, I was told it would take an hr or more for him to call (as I did) still no resolution. I am definitely shopping for a new bank. This is not even a 1 star bank it's -10 star!!!

I would actually rank First Niagara and Verizon Wireless customer service as better than Key Bank's. I have been trying for five days to log into Key Bank's online service, ever since they took over from First Niagara. Each time I call I am left on ignore for over an hour until I can speak with someone. When I finally get through, I am run through a series of steps that do not resolve the problem. Eventually the rep realized they are not capable of fixing the problem and my case is escalated. Evidently escalated means telling me I am going to be transferred and then disconnected.

When I call back I ask the rep to review the case notes from my previous call, only to be told they do not keep track of customer calls in this way. I then have to go through the same steps that have already failed multiple times previously. On the final call I just asked to be escalated without wasting the 20 minutes it would take for the log in set up process to fail again. Even the supervisor refused to escalate my call until she wasted 20 more minutes of my time. I've had it. I'm done. Accounts closed and funds transferred to another bank. One star rating says it all.

10-17-16: Trying to pay them money on an account they bought from First Niagara Bank. Was placed on hold for 50 minutes waiting for anyone to talk to. When I finally got someone they were NO help at all and I was placed back on hold till I hung up 20 minutes later. Tried again and got a person who couldn't comprehend English. Scheduled an online payment on Friday. On Monday it disappeared from the web pages. They could not even tell me when my payment was due or if the scheduled payment was processed. All I wanted was to pay them money on a loan and they could not figure out how to do it.

Further, when asked, they said they do not do any type of auto loan payment scheduling. This bank is a complete clown show. I will be looking for a new bank but this is horrendous service. Why did they go live if they couldn't figure out basic functions. Now my credit is at risk because of complete idiots running this operation. I spent over an hour trying to work with them and I accomplished nothing.

My previous bank (First Niagara) was just taken over by Key Bank. Due to their online banking being down for some time during the transition, Key Bank generously deposited $100 into my account as an apology. Great customer service and a wonderful first impression!

I wish there was an option for zero stars. The worst experience ever to have my account transferred from First Niagara after Key Bank took over. It has been one week since I have not been able to get into my new account at Key Bank due to "computer glitches." Personally contacted two different branches whose managers were unable to handle the situation. Getting through on the phone for assistance with log in is impossible. Have spent three days on the phone with holding times of one hour plus and nobody picked up. Stay away from this bank if you value your time and sanity.

Key Bank recently took over First Niagara. Yesterday, I tried unsuccessfully to get on to on-line banking. I just needed to see if some checks had cleared. After waiting on their customer service help line, I finally spoke with a rep who put me back on hold for over an hour. The rep that finally answered still couldn't help me with my issue. Time for another bank!

My experience with key bank was very upsetting. My husband's key bank account had to go through probate and my dealings with the staff was beyond difficult. The legal department was no help at all. There was no resolve to my situation and left the bank in tears. This financial establishment has little to no customer service. I would never recommend Key bank to anyone.

I requested a home equity payoff statement (does not include, taxes, PMI, etc...) and was told that I had to wait 7-10 business days which is absurd, since I will be closing on the house before then. Absolutely nobody could help me with this situation. I elected to have my attorney call.

I have been a Key Bank customer for 20 years and lately they have become a great disappointment in a number of areas. The new online banking is cumbersome and hard to navigate. Customer service is non-existent. Called the branch three times and was put on hold every time. I am now on hold going on 22 minutes... Time to call it quits. I am moving on to a better bank. All my accounts, mortgage, loans everything... moving away. Do not want their hook in anything I do financially.

Key Bank Company Profile