Key Bank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

First I opened account online, that ended with a bunch of requests to verify information. So I went to the branch. At first it was quick. A new account opened and business as usual. Then instead of verifying my Social Security number through DMV or Social Security admin, they made me go do it. So I did. I got wire transfers in for cars I sold. Instantly Key Bank froze my account even withholding the 500 plus dollars already in account. The branch claimed it was a Fraud Department and refused to give a contact number. I of course found it myself online and called. They proceeded to tell me it was not them it was bank manager, the name they gave turned out to be a innocent woman at the Wilbur branch. Not the Colville branch. This manager conveniently I am told is out of town.

Then I get a number to a lady a Consumer Affairs in Seattle. She tells me since it's wire transfers in a new account. This bank treats me a businessman as a scammer, even the people I sold the cars to called in complaining about them refusing me money they sent me for a legitimate purpose. When I talk of bringing a lawyer into it, the lady in Seattle tells me it will all be available this morning. And now you guessed it. About 3900 dollars is not showing in my account. I call customer service, they tell me it is at a branch level. This bank messes with your money, makes excuses and will not give you your money. This has been the worst banking experience of my life. I was a victim of identity theft, and thought I seen it all until this bank. Even a FBI agent said this was crazy what Key bank was doing.

This bank bought our local First Niagara Bank. Today I got a notice that all my accounts were being closed. They refused to provide a reason, and when pressed they stated a clause in the service agreement (which I never signed BTW, you BOUGHT my business against my will) they do not need to provide a reason. Thanks for coming to our community KEY BANK! I am a local business owner with 2 business accounts at this bank. I have no loans, no mortgage, have never missed a payment on my bank credit card. They will not even give me a reason. Watch out fellow Key Bankers!

DON'T BANK WITH KEY BANK!!! If you live anywhere in Colorado, find ANY other bank to use. Key Bank charges fees for things like cashing a check that was written to you by your spouse, who has an account with them and the identical last name. Completely unacceptable. When called on it, NO ATTEMPT WAS MADE TO TRY TO SATISFY ME. Teller, who's name was Beverly, was rude and unhelpful. They also lock their doors minutes previous to their advertised closing time. TERRIBLE BANK!!! Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else. I am telling everyone I know NOT to bank there. My wife is taking her money out and going to another bank.

I was a loyal First Niagara customer and decided to try Keybank when they merged. Since then I've had nothing but issues. When I make purchases or pay bills they take the money out of my account and then put it back in and then take it out again, sometimes over a week later. So you think you have money but you don't. Not to mention the unbelievably slow updates of their online banking information. I used my card and of course they made a deduction that was taken out a week earlier, put back in, and taken out again. As soon as the negative balance showed online I went and deposited cash to cover it, 2 days later it shows I have an overdraft fee because during their "processing" the overdraft showed for the previous day. If the system was accurate and faster and I was aware that I was over that day I would have went and put the money in earlier.

So I get a fee because their system is too slow to keep me updated, and they sneak it in for the day before so you're left hanging with a $38 fee. Completely unacceptable and unprofessional, this is the probably the third or fourth time this happened. I will be switching banks immediately after this last time, I would not recommend Keybank to anyone.

I took my friend of 25 years to cash in her savings bonds and to make a small withdrawal for household expenses. While I was waiting for to sign her bonds I took the withdrawal slip to the teller for my friend. As I stood there waiting for the teller to count out the money she began to drill me... She asked; was my friend my mom? I replied no, just my friend of 25 years, but that wasn't good enough, her next question was, point blank, did I have a job? That's correct, did I have a job?! First of all, it's none of her business if I have a job. The teller then made some condescending remark about how kind I was to help my friend! But it was already quite clear, this overzealous idiot of an employee thought I was going to steal some of the withdrawal money, money she advised she would personally hand over to my friend, that's correct, overzealous employee didn't trust me to walk 8 feet with the withdrawal money!

Talk about profiling, certainly not a good way to attract new customers either!!! Although I called and voiced my complaint to the branch manager she seemed unfazed. I informed my friend as to what took place and I truly hope she moves her money to another bank. I completely understand that banks look out for suspicious people, but this same overzealous idiot was waving my friends stack of bonds in full view of other banking customers, her name and address in full view, her privacy compromised -- that's the real threat and a serious concern! Perhaps overzealous employee should read the privacy act in its entirety if she wants to keep her own job and stop worrying if other people have a job... They treat people like criminals at Key Bank in Lancaster, NY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Key Bank?

I almost don't know where to start when it comes to the issues with this institution. The first red flag for me was the fact that they seriously dropped the ball in regard to transferring all the login info for online banking from First Niagara when the transition was done, then have a senior level member actually lay blame on the customers, as if we never before used any form of online banking. I should have gone with my gut and closed my account then and there, but I thought "Well, that's just one issue, mistakes happen." Now, several months later I highly doubt my accounts will remain open with them for another month.

Online banking is painful process with this bank, as many customers have realized. When I had accounts with Citizens Bank and First Niagara, and transaction debits or credits were essentially done in real time, so there was never any question of the amount remaining in the account. However, with Key Bank, that's not the case. At roughly 9 pm daily you receive a notification that they are "processing" the daily transactions. Due to this I've had quite a few issues with the available balance in my account as it's relatively common for a transaction or two performed well before the daily processing time to be mysteriously missing from the transaction history. Take today for example, where I had to pick up a few things after work at Walmart and spent approximately $33. This transaction was done at 4 pm, and was a POS transaction. However, once their processing began it magically disappeared from the transaction history in my account.

I've actually had transactions that were present before processing disappear for 2 days then reappear, resulting in a obvious discrepancy. I don't have the time to continuously play "find the hidden transactions" on a daily basis, and it's quite annoying to have to continually comb through transactions done just to find the one that's missing. I've never encountered this type of issue with any form of online banking before, and am dumbfounded as to how a modern banking institution can have such inefficient and erroneous processes. I highly doubt that my accounts there will remain there for another 3 weeks, as my threshold of frustration has essentially been met.

This bank took over my former Bank - First Niagara. I have never experienced so much trouble with any business in my life. Unfortunately, I have both my business line of credit and my mortgage with this awful place so things can not be so easily changed. If there is anything to get wrong, Key Bank will manage to get it wrong. I have spent over 5 hours trying to get things accurately switched and it has needed to be repeated by several employees that promise everything and deliver nothing, Not only can I not get a phone call back, but when I am told I have to go to the branch in person (which is not convenient because their hours stink), nothing gets resolved. I am beyond frustrated and wish Key Bank would be bought out by another Bank.

I was a First Niagara customer that came over to Key Bank with a merger and am very disappointed. I was all smiles when I found a great deal on the car I have been looking for and called Key to cash out one of my CDs for the down payment. That was 4 days ago and still no money. How is it I can move money from Barclays (International) into my checking account in one day but they can't move my money from one room to another in a week. Ridiculous. I'm glad I opened a TD account and will be moving all my money over.

I asked my domestic partner to pay my car payment for me. He has been paying it right along ever since First Niagara sold out to Key Bank. Right along there has never been a problem. Today, he called to pay my car payment and was told that he could not pay it because he was not listed on my account. I called Key Bank and was told a third party could not pay my bill, so I requested for the bank to place a note in my account that he was allowed to pay it. I told them that it was very inconvenient for me because of my working hours. They told me no. I told them I did not care who knew my account information and if anybody wanted to pay on my account that they could. I am very upset with this. I will be switching my account over to my bank. Key Bank just lost a good customer. I pay my bills every month and on time. Key Bank needs to review their policies on this matter or they will be losing a lot more accounts. Thank you so much for nothing.

KeyBank used to provide customers with an app that tracked expenditures and analyzed financial health. All of a sudden in the middle of last year, they notified us that they were discontinuing this perfectly good software. They told us the new program, "HelloWallet," would be "better." HW is not better. I could go on and on about its malfunctions. For now, I'll name only two:

First, it automatically categorizes your transactions. You cannot shut off this feature. It labels transactions completely inaccurately, naming as "income" amounts that actually have a minus sign in front of them. It does this consistently with anything that is a check, as opposed to a debit card transaction. You can, of course, correct them if you go in and do so manually. But for checks, there is no way to correct the problem for good. Each new check you write will be labeled "income," even though YOU wrote the check, obviously making it a debit.

Catching these errors is time consuming, but even worse, unless you are checking each day, it is easy to make an error and not catch it at all until you go to download transactions for monthly or annual reporting or in order to prepare taxes. Then, the errors are interspersed throughout the various categories of the report, and you have to review hundreds of transactions to find them. So, to avoid have errors hidden beneath weeks or months of transactions, I literally open my account online to check EVERY DAY, so I won't miss anything.

Which brings me to the second problem: There is no reporting function. You can, of course, download an undifferentiated list, and then sort it yourself. Their "date" function does not work, so no matter what dates you type into the search bar, it downloads your entire history. You can, of course, delete the hundreds of dates that are not the period you want to report on (say, I want to download all of 2016, I will have to delete all the 2017 transactions in order to get a 2016-only report). As you may imagine, the several problems associated with sorting takes hours. A reporting function that KeyBank used to provide took MINUTES to get an error-free report.

Given basic Excel-type programming, it seems HW could easily build in a feature that would allow you to check boxes for specific income and expense categories, then print out reports or subsections of an overall report labeled, "groceries," "auto repair," etc., with automatic sub-totaling But NO. You can't do this. You have cut and paste, move columns and rows, then sort each sub-category that you create by date, and enter your own Excel formulas to create sub-totals.

It's ridiculous for KeyBank to have chosen this as a replacement for something that had functions that HW simply does not have, and therefore cannot replace. When I talked to a KeyBank rep about this at my branch, he kept repeating to me with great irritation, "you're asking it to do something it's not meant to do." I replied, "I'm asking the bank to live up to its promise that HW would do what the old program did." He shook his head at me in exasperation. It seemed it was irritating to him that I just somehow could not get his point that it was fine to take something away, say they would provide a new tool to do what they took away, then blame the customer for too high of expectations when it didn't. Other than this, I don't have serious complaints about KeyBank. Most of the face-to-face service at my own branch is good. But it is highly rep-dependent.

I had my mortgage and credit card through First Niagara, which was purchased by Key Bank. My first experience with Key was when they called me a week or so after my mortgage payment was due, asking me why I missed my payment. I have never missed a payment on anything, and my credit score in all three bureaus is over 800. I told them that I mailed my check in well in advanced to my due date (which it's ridiculous that I can't pay it online without a Key Bank bank account, which I don't want and will never have!). They proceeded to tell me that if I sent in the payment, it is likely their issue, because they lost a large number of payments from former First Niagara customers, and that the transition was causing some issues. It would have been nice if they lead with that, instead of harassing me that I didn't make a payment. I mean, come on, look at my history and see that I have never missed a payment before accusing me of missing it.

The representative then proceeded to tell me that I will not be charged any late fees, but that I should check in another couple of days to make sure that they found it and the payment was made, and that if the payment wasn't make, that I would have to cancel the check and make the payment again... which by the way, I would not reimburse the fee for a cancelled check, even though it was their fault the payment was lost. I waited about 4 days, and finally the payment was made, so luckily I didn't have to battle them on a canceled check fee. When I was on the phone with them they suggested that I open a Key Bank checking account so I can make my payments electronically... SERIOUSLY? You guys are horrible at everything. Why would I trust you with my money? I wish I could choose who owned my mortgage, but with this, I am stuck!

Now, for my credit card experience with them. I loved my First Niagara MasterCard. I used it for everything I did and paid off the balance at the end of each month, so I could gain rewards points to use for travel. They had great customer service, did an amazing job catching fraud, even before I noticed it (which is good considering I am a Criminal Investigator that deals with fraud on a regular basis. I did miss one payment with them a few years back and had no problems. I called when I realized it, zero-balanced my card, and they happily removed the late fee. Unfortunately the card is now Key Bank, since they bought First Niagara, and in a short few months I have already had multiple problems with them.

Last month we had one of the worse snow storms we have had in 30+ years in Upstate NY, and it fell right around the time that my credit card payment was due. Dealing with the digging out and such, I forgot to make my payment. Literally 4 days after my payment due date, I went to make a purchase and was declined. I have never been declined and figured it was an error with the card reader, so I paid cash and moved on. Then I got an email that one of my automated monthly reoccurring payments that uses that card was declined. I immediately called Key Bank and they told me that I did not make my monthly payment, and it is their policy that the card cannot be used until the payment is made. AFTER ONLY 4 DAYS??!? I proceeded to explain what happened with the snow storm and made my payment online right away (which why can I make my credit card payment online, but not my mortgage).

They then told me that it would take up to 2 business days to post to my account. This was on a Friday, so this meant I could not use my credit card until at least Monday. I asked to speak to a manager and asked her to please unlock my card so I could use it since I just made the payment. She said that she was unable to do so.

I asked to speak to HER manager and she said I can go all the way up the change, and no one would be able to do that because it is an automated system that can't be changed. That is crazy. I can see if you went a full month without making the payment, but late by 4 days? She said that as soon as the account is late the credit card is unusable. I understand that they are allowed to do this as a company, but that is a crazy ridiculous policy. SO... I found that I can set up an automated alert to remind me before my payment is due, just to make sure if something is going on, I will be reminded to make sure I made the payment. Which brought on the next issue.

I was easily able to go into my account online and set up alerts for various actions. For instance, when a payment was due, past due, etc. One of the options was to alert when your balance was over a specific amount. I set them all up so I could see what they looked like and how often they triggered, figuring I would go back in afterwards to reduce the noise and shut some off. The problem occurred when I went back in to shut off some of the alerts... I could no longer access the options to change my alerts. I called their tech support and was elevated to level 2 support. I spent well over an hour on the phone with them, and he could not figure out what was going on. After him going back and forth with his manager, he finally said that they have no idea why it's not working and that he was going to have to dig in further and would call me back. Of course, I never got the callback.

I just called this morning, about a week after, and had to go through the entire thing AGAIN. I told them that I had tried three different browsers and my phone's browser, and had the same issue everywhere, and just because I knew they were going to ask, I cleared my cache on all as well. It didn't matter, she wanted to talk me through the steps on clearing my cache. So I did, again, then she forwarded me to their level 2 support. I was having deja vu! I spent another 45 minutes on the phone, and at one point they said that if I wanted to set up text message alerts, they could do it for me without me having to log into my account to do it, so I said, "GREAT, let's do it!" Then she came back and said that text alerts are not support with the credit card accounts, lol. OK, Great, thanks for knowing your job enough to offer me a service you don't even have... good job level 2 support!

Anyway, they had to escalate it to THEIR tech support, and I was told that I would be getting a call back in 3 to 5 days. In the meantime, my email is blowing up with a ton of alerts that I don't want any longer. If I didn't have over a million reward points I would close my account immediately and start using a different card. As soon as I use all my points for travel, I will never use the card again and am steering everyone I know away from Key Bank. I could understand having one issue, but all of this has gotten me fed up, to the point where this is the first time I have ever written a review about anything. I hate you Key Bank and wish you never purchased First Niagara.

This past week has been hell on earth for me with this bank. Let me start by saying I was a customer of this bank for many years dating back to New Haven Savings Bank with NO ISSUES at all through any bank take over since then until now. In the past my available balance was just that, available. I have been charged with overdraft fees all week that have been corrected by someone at a local branch but even though I haven't used the account I am accruing more fees each night because that is when "processing" is done and it takes a day or two for that.

I have gone into my local branch 3 days in a row this week to try to fix this problem. Each time I leave there I leave with a positive balance and leave the account as it is. The next morning I again have a negative balance because of the overnight "processing". I'd close the account today but I have a direct deposit going in so I need to leave it open until I can get a paper check or move it to another bank. Friendly advice, avoid the aggravation I have unfortunately experienced and bank elsewhere.

Opened an account with Key Bank and was never told about the "new account hold". I went to deposit for the first time when I got paid. They told me about the new account hold and that if I deposited any checks for the first 14 days they would be held for a period of 9 days. Went back two weeks later, was told that the new account hold is 30 days. Went back after 30 days, was told it was 60 days. Went back after 60 days and for the first time heard about their "case by case policy" in which they will start holding my checks for up to 5 days to make sure my employer actually has those funds.

After my frustration over the misinformation I asked to close my account and was told I would have to pay $50. I went to another branch and a teller just cashed the check for me. A few weeks later I went to cash another check at a location I have never been to. The teller told me Key Bank will only cash checks if your account balance is equal or greater than the check. My available balance will change several times within a matter of 24 hours even if I only use my card once or not at all. I never actually know what my real balance is at any given time. Customer service representatives through their telephone system cannot help you with anything.

Was given the run around from Key Bank customer service regarding an account that I closed nearly 2 years ago prior to the merger. Apparently the account was not closed and has somehow racked up nearly $800 in charge fees over the past few months. Despite zero activity on the account since the merger Key Bank was unwilling to reverse the charges claiming that I needed to remember the branch I visited 2 years ago when I closed the account so that a paper record could be tracked down. This combined with their practices of prioritizing credits over deposits to charge overdraft fees is 100% illegal and I will be moving forward to pursue legal action. Bank of America just got in trouble for these corrupt banking practices last year - Key Bank you are next.

I used to have a neutral if not decent opinion of Key Bank but in the past year, I have come to hate them. Despite my credit rating going up to 746, they have raised the interest on my equity loans twice in 4 months!! My highest interest rate credit card was through them so I paid it off recently and closed the account. I wonder if they are trying to make up the difference by overcharging my existing accounts? Over the years they have added fee after fee and any correspondence with them has been either hostile or completely uninterested. I am in HR and our employees come to me often for banking recommendations/advice. Key is one bank I am telling them to avoid. To Key: you will lose business when you treat a 20 year customer this badly. There are plenty of other choice out there.

I opened an account in January of 2017. It took them 2 months to send a debit card. Because I was switching banks I had to receive a paper check from my job and then switch to direct deposit. I deposited my check yesterday. Tried to use my card today and for some reason it was declined. I call the branch and they said my payroll check was fraudulent. I knew it was too good to be true, because I work for a corporate company. I spoke with my payroll department and from their end everything was fine, and cleared. So Key Bank made another excuse on why they were not releasing my funds. I went up to the branch they called the police on me. So now my job is overnighting a new check. And avoiding the one Key Bank has. Stay away from this company. They are a scam and will do anything to steal your money. Horrible service. Never again.

Key Bank phone service does not hold a candle to First Niagara. First Niagara phone reps were local folks based in the USA who had the ability to solve problems. Key Bank uses offshore reps who are unfailingly polite but are very limited in what they can do to help. During transition I followed instructions but still was forced to change my user name because the previous one was voided out. Few months later I called to obtain details on how to set up account beneficiaries (payment upon death) and could not get any info about whether or not I can establish primary and contingent, and if the percentage distributions can be unequal.

Phone rep told me to go to the branch. In this case I had already been to the branch but the manager did not have the detailed info I was looking for, that's why I called the (useless) service line. To be fair, my local branch employees are all holdovers from First Niagara and provide great in-person service. But it is obvious that they too have found the transition difficult and are not happy campers. Maybe they will soon be following their customers out the door to a new bank.

I am not at all pleased with the customer service at Key Bank. I went today at 9:05 am and had to wait because the teller had not gotten her money drawer or signed into her computer when I arrived at her window. I thought they opened at 9 am??? Had to go to the only other teller open after waiting for another customer to finish. After making my request, the teller handed me the deposit slip WITHOUT A WORD - of thanks or even acknowledgement - NOT THE FIRST TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED. One more time and I am taking my account elsewhere. I did NOT ask to be a customer of this bank, First Niagara was bought out recently by this bank. Don't have good customer service - I don't care, but don't be surprised when customers bolt. You are not providing any special service that any other bank could not provide, so will look for a professional, courteous teller at another bank soon.

My story is the absolute same as every story on here. I've been with Key Bank for 2 changed names since 2008. I have NEVER had so many near strokes than I have in the past however months with this nightmare. I do almost all my banking, bill paying, and such online. I have had so much trouble reading my online statements on who was paid, who's due to get paid, and TRUE available balance. I regrettably overdrew my account and as fast as I could took care of it. Today I left my lawyer's office with an $11,000 check. I knew I wouldn't be able to use all right away but I knew I could at least pay my bills.

Teller tells me before I deposit the check, "Yeah you can readily use $5000 but have to wait for the rest to clear. No problem I just wanna be able to eat and pay my bills, sign the check, deposit check. Uh oh teller says "Oh there's a hold on the entire check due to continual overdrafts!" WHAT? 1x last month and called them 3x about not understanding who got paid and when. So give me my check back, I'm closing my account. I'm done with this bank. "Oh you have to wait for the check to clear" What! I don't owe you any money, why can't I have my check back so I can get it cashed so I can avoid all the late fees on my credit cards and feed my kids? "Yeah sorry you can't have it until it clears even though it just came out of escrow and you don't owe us any money." NEVER EVER AGAIN. I WON'T LET THEM COUNT MY CHANGE. THIEVES.

After Key bank took over First Niagara Bank I encountered a huge problem. Apparently they take all ATM withdrawals before a deposit on the same day. Because they did this it cause my account to go negative each time. In the matter of a 2 week period they had taken more than 700.00 in fees from me. No one in the bank would do a thing for me. I had been a First Niagara customer for more than 20 years and was even employed there. I had no choice but to close my accounts and they couldn't even get that right.

Consumer Increased Rating!

After 7 days the hold was released and the check was cleared. However my account had restrictions placed on it because of the hold, so therefore I couldn't access my normal direct deposit until I went into a branch and had the restrictions removed. I was upset and may have over reacted when my own direct deposit wasn't accessible but this process was a terrible. The phone representatives telling me to go to the bank branch and the bank branch directing me to phone representatives was bad enough. But the rude phone representative with the accusatory tone and pointing out that since I've had past overdraft's it's somehow my fault. Although I've never deposited a fraudulent check was the worst.

I was contacted by client relations and she was very helpful in understanding my side of it and expressed Key's apology for this. I also have a bank teller who knows me from coming in and he was also very helpful in explaining why this happened and getting the restrictions released from my account. So for those two I give kudos.

Bryant of Denver, CO on

Original Review

I have banked with Key Bank for about 2 years. Never had any problems with depositing checks. I deposited a state issued unemployment check in the ATM drawn on a Chase bank account. The first $100 was made immediately available after the deposit. The next day the full check is available for use. I make a couple of purchases and then get declined. I check my account and it's negative. Huh? I call Key Bank, the representative doesn't know why but a fraud alert was put on the check and it's now being held for 7 days. Although the funds were just available a few minutes ago. The representative tells me they will connect me to Fraud Department. I get transferred and the lady tells me she can not help me. This line is only for bank employees.

I call Key Bank back again. This time the representative states if I go inside a branch, that a Branch Manager can verify the check and release the hold. Okay, I leave work, go home and get the check stub and a letter from unemployment about the check. I go to the closest Key Bank and the teller tells me the bank manager won't be in the office for another 2 days. So I drive to another Key Bank and the Branch Manager there tells me there is nothing she can do. So I once again call Key Bank, explain my situation for the 5th time today. The representative calls the Fraud Department, she states they don't know why a hold is on the check. Then she says "Let me call a Branch Manager." Surprise! She comes back and says the Branch Manager won't be back until tomorrow (it's noon) and that she will contact her tomorrow.

I express my displeasure on one of Key Bank social media sites. I get a call back from Key Bank with some rude representative that wants to explain to me the whole ATM check deposit process. I ended up hanging up on him and can't wait for this to be resolved so I can close my account. So now I have to wait 7 days for some fraud hold on a state issued check when I could have walked across the street to Chase and cashed the check, paid an $8 service fee and been done in a matter of minutes. Never again!

I'm a former First Niagara customer, and I didn't think that the merger would have been so bad, so I just kept my account knowing it would become a Key Bank account. That was the worst thing I could have done for myself. The very first day of the merger, I was on hold multiple times dealing with online banking not working, even exceeding 3 hours on hold at one point. Key Bank was supposed to give First Niagara customers $100 because of this sloppy merger, but they apparently decided who would get that $100 and I was not one of those customers.

I've had nothing but issues with Key Bank since the merger, including overdraft fees because Key Bank prioritizes debits before credits, which in turn means they get many overdraft fees from people. $39 for an overdraft fee when I got paid the same day as a recurring payment came out? That's not the way to do business, and it doesn't seem legal either. I look forward to the day I find out there's a lawsuit and I'll be getting money that I so rightfully deserve.

I opened an account in Jan and got my debit card less than a week later. All was fine, I was happy, thought they were good. Feb 21, I paid my car insurance and I checked my account to make sure I didn't charge it twice (I do this every time I use my card on big purchases). I then see numerous purchases! Almost over $1,000!!! I was so livid!

I called the Queen Anne branch and he seen there was another card on my account. He said you're not allowed to have 2 cards but he doesn't know what happened. Long story kinda short, I filed a claim the same day and filed a police report. 2 days later, I call Key Bank to follow up, they said they denied it, first because the second card was in my possession, noticed it wasn't activated with my phone number and sent out a second denial letter stating it was a family member in my home. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

I'm arguing with the lady, telling her I can show proof of all of their phone numbers, proof I was at work and such. I asked her when the police find out who it was and proves it was NOT me or my family would I get my money back and she says NO! THEY ARE NOT LIABLE. What in the actual **!!! So, I left work 5 hours early, went to the bank, was there for almost 2 hours to get answers, why did they send out another card and I was not aware? They don't know is all I got. Why was 2 cards able to be used on my account? They do not know is all I got. Smh! She called the fraud department and they tell her pretty much what they told me. She looks at the account and tells me "well, it doesn't look good for you because the purchases were all local". Omg!! You're kidding right??? Then asks if I trust my sister in law! I told her not to ever disrespect my family like that again. It's just assumption after assumption.

I posted on their Facebook page to warn people about this place. Someone from the executive office called me and acted like this was going to get taken care of. He calls today asking for proof I was at work, I sent him that. I already know they are going to come up with something else to not return my money! I asked him the same question, when the police proves it wasn't me or family would I get my money and he says he isn't sure. How are you in the "executive office" but you don't know?? I asked him again, "why did this card get sent out without me knowing?" He is still "looking" into it. I asked why did they allow 2 cards on one account when it isn't allowed? He is still "looking" into it.

This is recent so imagine I'm still so mad about this! It's ridiculous. The only good thing that's looking up for me is the police department. They did call me today and let me know they have started the investigation and they are getting footage of all the places this person went. I can't wait to prove to these people! I have contacted an attorney today. I will NOT let this go on any longer without a resolution. It's just so insane! PLEASE AVOID USING KEYBANK! They are no good!!! I want people to know, this bank is just HORRIBLE!

I called to find out the status of my unemployment card since it's been loaded with over a thousand dollars for two weeks. The very incompetent lady tells me it was mailed out on the 21st that she can cancel it and expedite a new one for 15 dollars. I told her no because obviously the one they mailed would come first. Well she says "oh I'm so sorry. I already cancelled it." Of course I get the cancelled card in the mail today and lo and behold they tell me there's nothing they can do about it. "Sorry you have to wait for a new one." Come to find out they didn't even mail it till today. This is absolutely a joke. I will never deal with these idiots again nor recommend them to anyone because the retard tried making a 15 dollar sale. I'm screwed and can't access my own money. What a joke.

Worst bank to do business with. For some reason First Niagara Bank switch my car loan to Key bank, so now it takes 3-4 business days for them to post your payment, but it takes them a couple of seconds to charge from your main bank account. So what is the point of creating an account with them... Makes no sense.

What is with this department? Every time I call in to ask a simple question, like what is my current balance, then, this department will cancel my debit card, report it stolen, or put it on restriction. Mind you, none of these words are in the conversation, but the customer rep will type up such info making my debit card "invalid" until I get a new one in the mail. This HAS happened to me twice now. Yes, twice!!!

I called in on Dec 20th a few days before Christmas asking what was my balance. Next few days I go shopping and my debit card doesn't work, saying invalid. When I call customer service, I was told I REPORTED MY CARD STOLEN!!! WHAT! Again, these words were never discussed. Key Bank does their investigation and admit they are wrong. Key issues me another debit card that arrives the following month. I use my card for several weeks with no problem in January.

In February I once again, call customer service and ask if a deposit showed up there yet. This next time when I use my card, and it doesn't work. :( I call Key Bank and they say my card is RESTRICTED! No one knows why. So I must wait again for a card in the mail. ** is wrong with the customer service department. My money with Key Bank is limited more than it is available!!! WHY?

Work for the company for over 20+ years. Last 10 years have not received a raise. Company says I make too much as a teller, just an excuse. Are you serious? If you look what teller makes at Key Bank it's probably one of the lowest, just above poverty. I know they're trying to force out the older workforce, this is just one of the ways they are trying to discriminate. They constantly open up an authorized credit card accounts on customer's accounts without them knowing about it just to make your quota. Key Bank management in Utah does nothing about it, they allow it. Worst place to work and bank for I do not recommend even to my worst enemy.

I used their ATM connected directly to the side of their building. I attempted to withdraw $100 from my account. The machine made clicking noises as if it were malfunctioning and then I was notified it was "unable to process the transaction." My card was ejected and my receipt printed off stating a balance $100 lower than before... yet no cash.

I immediately went inside of the branch, receipt in hand... Hoping to have the situation rectified, only to be looked directly in the face by a rep and ask "I mean, did you even notice a difference in your account balance?" I was then told "Well, I can't just give you one hundred dollars." And was passed a number to file a dispute. The phone call alone was a 15 minute wait. I now have to wait an additional 10 business days for an audit to be conducted on their ATM. I must say that was extremely aggravating and inconveniencing, seeing as how it was their machine's problem.

The ATM machine broke down after the money was deposited. Key bank is giving me the runs, I need my money. And this the receipt I got from the ATM after it, I am out of $1100, management is disrespectful and useless. Not willing to help with this issue. Very, very bad customer service.

I came to Key Bank when Brenda ** was the manager there. Brenda bent over backwards helping me set up a new business. She truly cared and it showed. She would actually call me to make sure an issue was resolved. She was a total delight to work with. Myron was a wonderful as well. After that, the whole atmosphere of the bank changed. Joanne (teller) refused to help me in any way. I had two issues I needed help with and both times she handed me an 800 number and told me to handle it through them. After spending much time attempting to rectify the issues myself, I complained to corporate about her total lack of customer service, she must have been notified because she has made me pay ever since.

I inherited a substantial amount of money and one of your tellers (Alon) suggested I invest the money in a CD and quoted me a rate. I agreed and Tanisha started setting up the account. I called to finish the transaction and Joanne said, "Too bad, the interest rate you wanted expired yesterday and Tanisha is on vacation". After I called corporate, she called back and said she would honor the rate.

I noticed another staff (Lisa) had picked up on her behavior as well and the few times I called, they would bounce me back and forth - keeping me on hold for ridiculous periods of time. Last week I needed to send a wire transfer, I asked the price and Jill said $25.00. I was charged $30.00 and asked Tanisha about it. She said "Lisa make a mistake and I corrected her, however, I will not refund the $5.00 because you signed the wire transfer contract." Really?

I have never been treated like this before and am stunned that this seems to be acceptable by Key Bank. Alon will never receive credit for the money I would have invested with Key Bank had staff behaved in a competent manner. Alon has been a pleasure to work with. Key bank lost an excellent customer that would have stayed with Key Bank for life had I been treated with respect. I hope their behavior was worth it for them, because it sure didn't benefit Key Bank.

Key Bank Company Profile