Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5

Key Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Key Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Key Bank?

Original review: June 10, 2020

I’m doing this review for my mom it’s based solely on unemployment benefits using the key2benefit debit card. The first couple of weeks everything was smooth then about 2 weeks ago her card stop working...She couldn’t withdraw funds and if she try to make a purchase it says decline. It was so confusing because we were looking at the card activity and there was nothing suspicious (thank god). We called customer service trying to get some answers and after waiting on hold for 45 mins the call disconnect. My mom freaked out lol and added her bank information to have it switched, we called back 2 days later and got hold of someone within 10 mins the guy was super polite and helpful. He said we can wait 7 days for a replacement card or pay $15 for 3 days that’s until he notice there was a DISPUTE CHARGE on my mom card and he couldn’t process the replacement.

We spoke with a rep from the claims DEPT. and she asked if my mom was aware of a charge, she said yes and the woman unlocked my mom card which she was able to use within 5 mins. I am sorry to all the people that is having trouble accessing their funds especially in a time like this. I would say this company is serious with privacy and if there’s a unknown transaction on your card, it will lock unless you call to confirm you're aware. I took 1 star away because there could have been some sort of communication letting my mom know her card was lock because of a dispute charge. Other than that I will recommend using if you’re on unemployment. God is good. Blessings to everyone.

Original review: May 22, 2020

KeyBank has been stealing. I been doing some shopping on Amazon. KeyBank takes off the money, puts it on hold, never Releases it so amazon takes out money off of my account and the money that was on hold never gets returned to my account. KeyBank steals it...and when you call they tell me Talk to amazon about it.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I use the app for Key Bank and I love how it is immediately updated. As soon as a deposit is made it shows on the app. The app is user friendly. You can do most everything on the app including add accounts, transfer money, set up automatic transfers. You can set up a quick view - so the balances are at your finger tips. It's perfect for someone like me that is always on the go.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Looks good on surface but when you get down to the details their service is terrible. Difficult to navigate, awful bank managers terrible phone service. I'm always impressed with tellers, I've used many different branches. Key hires good tellers. But if you work with auto loan reps, etc. it's a different story. And their phone customer service is not good.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I have had nothing short of a wretched horrible experience with Key Bank. These people look for vulnerability jump on it and attack you when you're not at your best or if you're just an easy target. They hate their lives and are nowhere near professional. They always make it about themselves and never the customers. I mean how many times can you call customer service or a branch and get a kind respectful considerate agent. Hardly at all within this bank. They virtually are nonexistent.

I have never been so insulted by such blatant disregard instigated attacks perpetrated on me. For nothing more than in my real honest opinion these people hate their lives their jobs and the customers even more. I was served notices that I was told I could not enter another key bank branch without the law causing problems for me and all of this could have and should have been avoided. These people purposely talk down to anyone that they feel superior to even when they're clearly not and have zero people skills as well in regards to respect its completely thrown out the window.

They come at you all barrels cocked and loaded when they tell you they're helping you get back money that was rightfully yours for a cancelled purchase or defected etc. Then they put you on hold for insanely long periods of time get back to you and find pleasure in being the bearer of bad news after basically telling you they're going to help you then completely taking the floor out from underneath you leaving you falling into a hole of debt. The way they make it all about themselves and never the customer.

My account was wrongfully closed. I called the local branch in my city. The guy was cold calculated and repetitive instead of answering my clear questions about getting a check for my remaining balance. I rightfully got upset because they made it so I had a temporary zero balance until I received this check. The guy failed to answer any and all of my vital questions but acted as if he was holier than thou my creator and the one who finds the utmost pleasure in serving up bad news and no clear help or answers after disposing of me as a customer. So and in his abusive head a no good worthless person I was in that moment as if I caused him detrimental harm and hurt his feelings or something he seemed to find pleasure in trying to wreck my day with no clear answers as previously mentioned about how I would be getting my remaining balances for other final cancelled purchases just before this account was harshly closed.

I was upset. I did feel talked down to treated as a lesser intelligent person than I really am. He purposely instigated a problem mistaking me for stupid and that's where the problem took off. I insulted him, hung up, called the other location in my city just so many hours later as their ignorance cost me vital sleep worrying about how and when I would hopefully be getting my money back.

The manager at the other location a very spiteful lady chose to not help me after I addressed the situation in a mild toned manner. She purposely rather than help me defended the guy from the other branch after telling me to talk to him and after I explained calmly what he did during our conversation that was wrong and completely out of line. She purposely decided to not do her job in a polite way but to yell at me and get upset when I defended myself in every right way and I never swore at her. She made it about the vindictive bankers feelings from the other city branch and purposely decided to shoot me down of any answers so I called back, tried again. She then jumped down my throat telling me to never call that branch again.

I was hoping I would have gotten someone else but I'm sure her guilty conscience though mostly nonexistent in that sliver of a moment realized how stupid she was acting picked up the phone to make her job easier again by failing to address my remaining balance and as mentioned I'm guessing it was that time of the month or something because she couldn't be bothered to help me but to tell me to never call again to make her little cushy job and life easier. I guess she couldn't keep up with reality and was classless in doing so and especially ignorant. It's like I hurt her feelings defending myself and just trying to get the answers about my final refund cashiers check that she never wanted to answer me about.

She talked down to me as if I was a lesser being of sorts and as if she was superior to me and I was inferior to her and as if it was all about her and the other vindictive banker. In this sense it made her even more disrespectful and oblivious than the first banker. I know she knows better she just was a horrible person that wanted power over someone me in that moment. I'm fairly certain if she continues to go about business this way with people as she did with me by choosing to not do her job not be professional not help customers that are innocent people here and there as there are always good and bad customers. But I mean people that are loyal respectful customers and she attacks them for nothing rather than she hates her life, her job and is severely lonely because she has no one in her life so she makes it about herself at the expense of attacking people that are her customers.

All I'm saying is if she and the other banker she defended keep up their ignorance and disregard they're going to get a very rude awakening someone is going to cost them their jobs by complaining to the right superiors or put them in their place and rightfully make them think twice about this insane abusive crap they're pulling as people don't change until their forced to or fired suspended if they're lucky. For the aforementioned people I mentioned no names as I hope if they ever grow a conscience after seeing this they also wise the hell up before they piss off the wrong person coming into their branch and then you can only imagine what comes next.

So back to key bank as a whole. The online bankers are also horribly vindictive not even close to professionals. It nauseated me every time I hear the automated message stating this that they are professionals leading up to a bunch of immature idiotic parasites that will come at verbally and attack people by yelling at them after promising to help purposely all well aware after wasting quite a bit of your valuable time not helping you but instead ensuring the opposite. I'm sure very likely they also cheat people with health problems out of their medications that they needed meaning no refunding them for the wrong ones or tampered with ones making it so they can't buy the ones they really need to save their lives.

Because of Covid-19 people mostly the elderly have to mostly stay home and file claims for this stuff. Their lives depend on it when they're at risk on a severe level and these agents waste their time completely as well. I know some people personally that were deprived by key bank of any rightful refunds has several hours day in and day out of time wasted with no concern from the key bank agents and these elderly people could not get their medication for serious health issues they were dealing with and said key bank agents just continue to carry on without a care in the world as to who they just hurt and that they're lying all the way to the bank and laughing all along the way at anyone and everyone they think they're better than and can hurt and deprive. If you care about your sanity and health avoid key ban. They're worse than the plague ever was.

Original review: June 12, 2020

After being a loyal KeyBank customer for almost 20 years they closed my line of credit because my credit score dropped. I did not miss any payments and did not go over my credit limit. I never got a phone call or any contact from them prior to them closing my account. I still have a credit card with them which is in good standing and a checking account also in good standing. Sad that they would make these hard times even harder for a loyal customer. Stay away!!

Original review: June 10, 2020

I am highly annoyed an disgusted with this bank that unemployment choose to assist with benefits. First started when my payments was default to the Key Bank. My card had expire since January 2019. And my address had change. The first representative told me I have to send documents as the agency did not relate a change of address to **. I comply and send numerous mail, only to get an email that it was not approved because the mailed was too old or they need a utility bill in my name. I called the number and waited 3 hours for someone to pick up in NYC. After they pick up I got a representative name Karlicia, she said she was gonna cancel my old card and reissue another. I give her my old address and my current address. She repeat it back to me. This all happen around May 24 and 26th 2020. I even mention that I tape all my calls just for my protection. I called on the first and ask when is my card gonna be at my residence. It was past 7 days.

To be told that they had my current address but my old city and zipcode. The customer service realize the error and told me she will expedite a card, but I have to call back in 24 hours for the tracking number. I call back way after 24 hours to be told there is no tracking number and I just have to wait till the card arrives, (just like the so-called card before). I used to have access to the website now I cannot access it. I ask for help to be told I have to wait on a new card and create a new profile by Shanda. I also tape her conversation, she had no clue what to do. Told me she is gonna get a specialist, then return and said she can handle the problem. Well usually they can tell you the last 4 digits of the card that she so happen to see processing. She said she could not see it.

Honestly this is the worst bank I ever encounter in my entire life. They lied holding on to people's money in a time where we clearly need all the funds we have. I think we should petition to have chase return and kick this bank to curb. Waste of time, it's like the holding our funds for their lousy interest rates in these trying time. They cannot even assist with a pin, NOTHING! Hopefully all will be well when we are the consumers but a stop to this dishonesty and inconsiderate behavior of KEYBANK KEY2BENEFITS.. If I can give 0000 stars I would..

Original review: June 9, 2020

Worst.. Take your money off right away. Do not put direct deposit or your benefits on this card. All my money was taken out of. Somehow hackers withdrew all the money. This company will not help you at all! Please do not use this card. I am dead broke now. No money. They do not answer phones. Please believe me. Do not use this card or company.

Original review: May 24, 2020

At first I thought it was just a mess up as I'm careful with what I spend, getting my UNEMPLOYMENT being a Single Parent with two kids & being "laid off" due to covid-19 & have bills to pay ALONE!!! Soo..after calling number on back of card for customer service (as I TOO) couldn't access website with right user & password ID was told due to "card status"...couldn't give info. about account went to trying to reach out to Keybank Customer Service. Knowing they are supposed to be open 24 hrs a day & 7 days a week called & called being put on hold for hrs a time, finally after 2 hr hold got thru to a rep. who asked me One question, she says "are you reporting your card lost or stolen", I said "NO", to which she quickly replied talking over me,.."I have to hang up this call then, & keep the lines open"..& flat out HUNG UP ON ME??!!

If I was locally in the area I CAN SAY,...I would have been these people's WORST NIGHTMARE, was in utter shock at the lack of total customer service especially during these times!!! Noticed all these reviews when I looked it up to see what in the creation was going on. WOWWWW...this has been going on for a week now for ME in Illinois, problems with Keybank & access to account, money, website, balance, the works...& Not ONLY THAT, but just found out I guess I'm probably one of the lucky 8% who may have had my god damn private info. like social security #, address, & account info EXPOSED being a laid off contractor????!!!

Just can't wait to see what they do to us NEXT!!!! WOW!! And, at least NOW I KNOW NOT to expect things changing or being fixed possibly before my state is re-opened fully & my bills are piled up!!!! THANK YOU for people's reviews on here!!! Without them, A LOT of people would not know anything STILL about what's going on with THESE problems NOW!!! Keybank will be the next filing bankruptcy...WATCH!!!

Original review: May 22, 2020

I am absolutely shocked at how many reviews I just read that are the same thing I'm dealing with. Key2benefits alerted me via text that my account was temporarily suspended and now it says deposit only and I can't access my money or any human being. How is it possible that this bank is still doing business? Is there anyone that can help us? I need my money to survive!! I would never recommend this bank to anyone!!

Key Bank Company Information