1.08/5
Based on 76 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

424 Key Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Key Bank Car Loan - I get paid every two weeks. I make my car payment my first paycheck of each month (single mom with two kids causes me to live paycheck to paycheck). My payment is due on the 7th. They start calling me 4x a day every day starting on the 7th up until 4 days AFTER I have made my payment because it takes them that long to process the payment. It comes out of my checking account the day I make the payment but takes them 4 days to show it on my account. Horrible threatening customer service and harassing in their payment follow ups. "I don't need 4 calls a day to tell you the same thing," I just told the last non-English speaking person. If I had the means, I would refinance the car and get it away from them. By the way, I pay at LEAST an extra $100 in principal each and every month and it never gets to the point where a late fee is charged. They are terrible.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I was planning a trip to Peru last spring and I met a person on an online dating site from Peru of whom I had gotten to know for a few months. This person I met on this online dating site told me she was working with a travel agency in Peru who was offering tour packages and that she could arrange with them to provide a beach resort package for me at a fair price. After knowing the person for a while I decided to go with her to the travel agency in Peru to see what they had to offer in beach resort packages. While speaking to the representative at the travel agency I was shown pictures of the featured resort he was offering to sell me. The photos he showed me of the resort were of a state of the art beach resort, but after purchasing and arriving at the actual resort I realized that the resort he showed me online and the resort where I was dropped off at were not the same and that the agent had misrepresented the beach resort he had actually sold me.

I filed a police report immediately in the town where the resort was located. After realizing that the authorities in Peru were not going to do anything about my claim I returned to the United States and filed a fraud claim with my bank KeyBank, National Association. After filing the claim I was provided provisional funds $1794.24. The bank says they investigated the claim and rejected it and now claims I owe them the provisional funds. The bank never adequately investigated the claim to in fact determine if it was a valid fraud claim. The bank is now claiming I owe them the provisional funds because it was a loan.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

So I was thinking of possibly switching from Chase to Key Bank. I put a 50 dollar deposit in the Key Account that I opened online. The 50 dollars took a week to post to the account. I thought Key lost my money so I had Chase reverse the deposit. Key sent my account to fraud for closure without a call, email or text. Before it was closed I did a 1 dollar deposit for a test. Key Bank failed my test with flying colors. No word on the dollar I put in. I’m just happy I got my 50 back from Chase and I only lose a dollar for dealing with these fools. Do yourself a favor. Don’t deal with Key Bank at all if possible. If you do give them the bare minimum or you will regret it. They will lose your money in a heartbeat. I only had them for 10 days and it was 10 very bad days. Never had any issues in 10 years with Chase. Only reason I even gave this sorry bank a chance was for the 400 new customer offer. But now I would pay 400 not to use them ever again...

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I opened a Key Bank Checking account last May 2018. I signed up for Online Banking as well. I applied and received the Latitude Credit Card with a credit limit of 15,000, zero percent interest and no balance transfer fee. I transferred a balance to the Latitude card for 2,700. Each month I had to prove to Latitude that I paid my monthly payment on time with a phone call and 45 minutes of working with a service rep. Each time they apologized, I was told by a supervisor the first time that they sent out a late payment notice prematurely. I was credited. However, the credit of 27.50 although appeared on my online statement they never actually credited the balance therefore generating another notice and late fee.

My most recent payment was initiated three days before the due date. I was then charged another late fee and my minimum payment jumped over double. I called today as I received another notice for a delinquent payment and yet, I have my statements. Please understand I have very good credit. I have not made a late payment on anything in many years. So I was told last July by a rep named Helena she would monitor the account and make sure my payment is recorded, and the 3 late payments were credited yet they only showed online, as stated before, never credited.

I was told today by service rep Marise that she could not even find my June payment. (I must backtrack a bit here; No one could tell me my minimum payment amount as the online had one amount, the service line auto system had a different one and the service rep Helena had yet a different one as well. After corrections my min payment was 36.00. I paid 45.00 as I always in all history pay a little over the min amount due. But that 45 dollar payment resulted in today's notice that I failed to pay the minimum amount last month and now I owe them $72.00. However Online it said 82 dollars. So I paid it because I am sick and tired of calling them and the frustration it causes as well as time wasted re-explaining from the beginning and getting my corrections.)

When I started using online banking with my Key Bank checking account it was promoted as being very convenient to just pay the Key Bank Latitude card by transferring directly from my checking account. But Latitude did not process it for 4 days throwing me into a pseudo late payment again. We also tried Key Bank Bill Pay... ONCE. I paid my new car to Toyota Financial via Bill Pay. My online checking account was not deducted for 8 days. I called Toyota and they said Key Bank in their recent experiences will not pay them for days, even over 10 in some cases. Toyota told me that as soon as I paid them online I received a copy of the confirmation of my intentions therefore they will not penalize me.

We closed our checking account and went back to our original bank, Putnam Bank (we had not closed our Putnam Checking.) So, as for today I immediately went to the bank manager at my Key Bank branch in Putnam. He printed out proof of my June payment to prove Marise was incorrect. With this letter today, it came from a collection agency to my horror. I gave up. I went online and paid 82.00, applied for a Wells Fargo Card, approved and within 10-14 days Latitude will receive a slight overpayment to pay it off in full. Regarding the online checking account; The amount of time to deduct most purchases would take 1 day sometimes, but mostly a random 4-8 days with everything. I do have paperwork and notices etc. to support everything I am typing.

Also speaking to David the mgr at my branch after I got off the phone with Marise, and asked him under the circumstances would you call as a manager of Key Bank and help fix this. I offered to provide the email confirmation that my payment was submitted 2 days before the due date, 7/13/18. He told me he has no more clout than me regarding this ongoing situation. That "Whether they receive the info from you or me makes no difference." I was disappointed and informed him I may seek an attorney due to erroneous late fee charges, suspicious 50 cent interest charges and credits, fraudulence and not abiding by the contract, which I have read concerning payments. I paid on or before each due date.

The information I get from all sources has conflicting minimum payment amounts. Although my situation will be solved by paying them off and closing the account my concern is the legality of their internal functions. The algorithm I allege is intentionally set up to make a customer fail. All late payments were credited back as I stated, per each month's phone call proving it to them. It's basically, fraud. This bank is set up for short term profit and resale, not long term and relationship building.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

I did a wire transfer to Germany for 5000 Euros through Key. The bank employee put an incorrect recipient name on the form (the bank instead of the individual) but all other information is correct and I have sent money to this person several times before, The funds never got through and Key is not attempting to recall the funds. My local branch manager is suggesting that indeed the funds got through and the recipient is lying about getting them. I asked him if there was a way to check if they got deposited and he said no, which is absurd. I have since filed complaints with the attorney general of my home state and Ohio which is Key's corporate state. I also filed a complaint with the CFPB.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Key Bank?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

They closed my account on July of 2018. I had a direct deposit payment in there that they have of mines. I have called the 1(800) number as well as the branch. They have poor customer service at the cooperate office and branch. Nothing should be processing if my account is closed. They got their little 30.23 for their fees. Now I want my money that is not affiliated with them. Yes I'm pissed and will never deal with this bank nor do I recommend anyone else using this bank. I place them in the category of Bank of America. Beware of Key Bank. They not right.

Original review: July 28, 2018

THEY charged me close to 2k in overdraft fees. YES overdraft fees totaled this month. Not including the transactions that I disputed for some apparent scam websites online. No lie. I have been round and round with them. I told them even with health conditions limiting my ability to get out, I shopped online a lot. If your card is ever stolen and used, they punish the customer for it. Meanwhile all my utilities are going back bounced. I've been inside the branch, on the phone, email... you name it. I got the same response. I have to wait 10 days. I offered to file a police report and was told I didn't need to. Now of course I can't make my dad's (79 years old) car payment due to all this.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I pay off my loan earlier. For that they charging me illegal $150 penalty and I request them give my loan payoff letter. No answer from them. Can someone please help me where to file complaints against them?

Original review: July 16, 2018

I overdraw my account on 7/10. They like to post debits before they post credits. They refunded the money on the 12th and then the 13th I had another overdraft fee of 37.00. I look and have a positive balance. I show that it was positive until they overdrew me and then they charged me for overdrawing me. Essentially one overdraft that they credited me for 34.00 is now 177.00 in fees in 5 days. I look at my statement and it doesn't match what they are saying. They say the online is showing it wrong. I can not afford as a single mom to pay them 177.00 for an overdraft that never should have happened. This has never happened and they refuse to help me.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Seriously disappointed in services from this company and we will never recommend & will be switching banks ASAP. Someone stole my card info and spent hundreds of dollars of my hard earned income, we reported it A WEEK AGO and not only do we have to carry those charges on our account but we have been saddled with multiple overdraft fees (that occurred only because of the fraud) and what is equaling out to OUR MORTGAGE PAYMENT is gone and the bank isn't doing anything to fix it in a timely manner. I have 4 children and my entire limited income was swallowed whole by the charges & we have nothing to use for groceries or our essential bills and NO ONE HAS FIXED THE ACCOUNT AND WE HAVE CALLED EVERYDAY FOR A WEEK.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Key Bank claims to have hassle free checking account but it is just the absolute opposite. They business practices are horrible and they will charge you overdraft fees on your account even though money is in the account to cover YOUR TRANSACTIONS! I have spoken with their agents multiple times and told them the money in my account why I am being charged multiple overdraft fees. Well my account overdrew for 39 CENTS!! 39 CENTS and they charge me $39 for 39 CENTS that then send my account into a snowball effect where the fees just keep climbing because I am not putting in my account to cover the fee just my transactions.

Well if you hadn't charged me the first fee this wouldn't be happening now would it! I cannot stand KEY BANK like it is absolutely ridiculous. I say go to Huntington or Chase because Key Bank will undoubtedly take your money for 39 FREAKING CENTS. I see why people hate banks and rather deal with cash or prepaid cards. I have spent too much money in fees it's crazy.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I purchased a product from KeyBank labeled Hassle Free Checking Account which advertised standard checking account services along with a bill paying service with an optional mobile check deposit feature to utilize at my discretion within the daily limits set by KeyBank's Business Policies. In exchange for having to supply the customer with personal checks to use on their account the bank offers to waive minimum balance fees on the account and includes a free online account payables service to utilize with them instead. I have money on deposit with KeyBank for a working service product that does not work as was intended and they have refused all offers to settle with me.

The only feature of this product that even worked at all was the mobile upload check deposit feature. None of the other features worked. I called their customer service numbers 11 times over three days and no remedy was given. I then drove two hours away to the only store branch in the region and asked them to either repair my service product or replace it with a working one and apply my cleared deposits to the new product after issuing my return of deposit for the broken item. The BRANCH MANAGER of this bank had NO IDEA WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT. The MANAGER of the BRANCH of this institution could not comprehend ANY part of what I was saying and became so confused by my asking her to write her branch policies down for me so I could compare them to my contract with KeyBank.

She called the police and asked them to make me leave her branch office telling them I had been rude to her. I am the customer who has paid good money for a useless product that I gave them several thousand dollars of legal tender in good faith for its services and they refuse to issue a return of my cleared deposits as requested after they refused my offer of repair or replacement of the malfunctioning product. They openly admit their internal accounting procedures are designed to stop the services their product was intended to provide and they falsely claim the federal government has forced them to purposely break the product whenever someone utilizes the mobile deposit feature services.

They knowingly took deposits from me for services they never intended to provide. But I am the one who is threatened with arrest and asked to leave their filthy establishment where I had legitimate business. I had not and was not then committing any crime. KeyBank was. They are fraudulently using my account without my express written consent. I am publishing this as a formal demand for replacement or return of deposit from KeyBank NA and/or all incorporated variations of said tradename with or without vested interest in total assets of this corporation regardless of entity structure as long as it's registered by the licensing state. Process will be served upon all registered agents listed with the Secretary of State in Washington State, Idaho State and Ohio State USA.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Beware, balance transfers you make on the phone aren't necessarily going to go through. I spent an an enormous amount of time to do a balance transfer still 3 days before the deadline. The person I spoke to seemed to not know anything about it, and kept having to go back to her manager every time to ask basic questions: the length of the promotion, the fees, the time it would take. Despite me being used to speaking with people with very heavy accents, my family included, her accent was so difficult to understand.

After a grueling amount of time, she confirmed it went through and that it would be done in 7 to 10 days. Arianna was her name. Her supervisor, Jason or Ron. Then nothing came through and I called June 19 to find out why. They were on the phone 20 minutes too and said my promotion was filed 2-3 days before the promotion to be sent and that was too closer to the deadline because it was a holiday.

5/28 is a holiday? Then the 31? Then they said I called on the deadline which still is allowed since their promotion says the 31st. They then said they could offer me a balance transfer for the non-promotional rate. Nope! They said even if they listen to the call they couldn't do anything about it. I asked for all their info and details, the manager wouldn't give his operator number but Kelsey #** did, Chris her manager wouldn't. They said they'd go listen to the call and call me back. I am glad they said they will because this is a scam if they are offering balances and then drop the ball. I'll edit this if they do call.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Honestly this is the worst bank I have ever had. I switched to Bank of America but kept Key Bank as my secondary checking and worst decision ever they aren’t well in guest service. They are always short on tellers and I’ve dealt with a branch the guy asked me what the deposit bag was. Are you kidding me? This bank is a joke. They love taking fees and can’t provide the times stuff was pulled out your account.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I canceled my father's credit card, which was a horrible process. Three months later I get a statement saying there was a fifteen dollar charge which now totals 75.50 with late fees. We called last night to inquire. Rep took all of his information, including his permission to have rep talk to me - he’s 89. She was to call right back. She did not. I called from work this morning. They can’t talk to me unless he is present. So, we will go through entire process this evening. Can’t even begin to tell you how frustrated we are.

Original review: June 1, 2018

It is Friday afternoon and my account still shows the same purchases pending from Tuesday. Everything since then hasn't posted. They do not update the information often enough. They tried to straight up ROB me! I keep track of my purchases and balance. I had enough money to cover my expenses up to the final one when I unexpectedly had to cover my friend's dinner bill. They tried charging me 4 OD fees totally $140 for being $6 over on ONE purchase! I spoke to two people on the phone who couldn't make sense of it either and they each fed me a lame excuse like "sometimes they go through in a different order." Even if that were the case, I had money to cover either the dinner OR the three purchases that they said went through after. I went in to the bank. The two women at the counter couldn't make sense of it.

The manager gave me another ** explanation and made me think she was taking them off only to find out that she only removed one. In order for her to do this I had to agree to setting up a hassle free account so I couldn't go over again because it was how she could "sell it to her bosses". FINALLY, the next phone call lead to removing 3 of the 4 charges (as it should have been) and I got an apology. The month prior, I was charged a fee that I wasn't supposed to be charged when I was down to a few dollars in my account. They apologized and took the fee off but would not refund my OD charge because they claim it was due to something else. I was over the exact amount of the remainder of the fee and hadn't made any purchases for several days before. I only banked with them for 3 months and they tried to rob me twice. I am DONE with them!

Original review: June 1, 2018

We got an account at Key Bank. When we got our first statement the charges were doubled for using a different atm other than Key Bank's! It totalled over $40 then I went to cash a check that I have been cashing the same check from my mom every month for 3 yrs and the manager lady treated me like I stole the check (I have been in there with my mom 100 times). I know they have to call if it's a certain amt anyway while she was verifying with my mom the lady walks by her and says, "Make sure she tells you the check number", and they both have the same reason for getting it! What business is it of hers what this money is for!!! Well they cashed it because they had no choice but I felt like I was doing something wrong by the way that manager lady treated me!!! No more Key Bank!!!

Original review: June 1, 2018

My account was hacked & I found out because my card was declined at Walmart while visiting family in Virginia. I called and the online rep could not help me because my last 4 digits of my Social Security # and my birthdate did not match what they had on file. I always leave travel instructions with the bank so they know where I'm going to be because I was hacked before. They did not have that info on my account either. Someone put a $400 transaction at a Sam's club in Las Vegas. I went into my home bank with my ID and SS card and manager asked if I was previously a 1st Niagara customer and the answer was no. No apology or reason why my incorrect info was on file. I have not received a new card or fraud paperwork yet and am totally disgusted with this bank. I will go to another bank as soon as this is settled.

Original review: May 9, 2018

A rep from Key Bank reached out to me a couple of weeks ago to let me know that they were changing the KBO website and gradually transitioning clients to the system. No real information was given, so I assumed (incorrectly) that it would be primarily a cosmetic change and would be easy to navigate, as the old system was. My company was converted to the new system this week. What a nightmare! Although the website looks great (even if they do have a winter snow scene background in May), the ACH payment area of the site is vastly different from the previous system, not at all intuitive and did not port over all the information from the old system.

My frustration has been compounded by the fact that I've had to make multiple calls to tech support to learn how to use the new ACH processing system, and have sometimes been assisted by a customer service rep who has been less than satisfactory in attitude, aptitude, or helpfulness. I am highly dissatisfied with the way Key Bank transitioned small businesses to this new system. They should have given much more information in advance that prepared users for the drastic change to the way this system works. Major fail on the part of Key Bank in this transition to the new site.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Rudest employees and "Manager" ever (notice I put Manager in " "). I deposited a check written to me that bounced at the check writer's bank, but Key Bank (23116 Telegraph Rd, Brownstown Charter Twp, MI 48134 location) treated ME like I was a criminal. There was a hold on the check and it bounced prior to the hold being released so Key Bank did not lose any money, I did not cash the check or receive the funds, I simply deposited it into my account like you would any check someone writes you. Key Bank immediately closed my account and treated me like I was a criminal, spoke to me very poorly and rudely.

Since they are located so close to me I went back after that on another occasion to do a debit card advance because my checking account with my bank has a daily ATM withdrawal limit of $500 but a daily teller withdrawal limit of $2,000 - I withdrew $500 from KeyBank's ATM then went inside to withdraw the remainder of what I needed from the teller, **, and she said, "Didn't you just use the ATM?" I explained to her my bank account's ATM withdrawal limits vs. teller withdrawal limits and she looked me up and down, looked at my driver's license, and threw them both back at me and said "I can't do it, you're not a customer, you don't have an account, we only do debit card advances and credit card advances for OUR customers." The "Manager", **, was right there and witnessed ** treatment of me, he did not care.

I called the corporate office to lodge a complaint and they told me it is NOT Key Bank's policy to only process advances for people with Key Bank accounts, the Corporate Office was embarrassed about how I was treated by this branch but the complaint I lodged will be sent to the Manager of the branch, **, who treated me just as badly if not worse so nothing will be done. I am a busy person and never take the time to complain or write online reviews about poor service but had to with these people. AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL. It is not what you say but how you say it, and when you are in a customer service position you do NOT treat people the way they do, no matter who the person is.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I transferred money between TWO KEY BANK accounts to cover checks that were going to hit the bank that night, they didn't "recognize" the transfer until the following day causing me $187.50 in fees PLUS they sent my checks back. When I spoke to them, branch manager and regional operations manager, she said that I did it past 7 pm and that it is not recognized. It was a cash deposit into one account to transfer to the other because I didn't have my debit card with me. However when you do a mobile deposit before 11 pm it hits that same day, does this make sense to anyone? They are a BUNCH OF LYING THIEVES! This is how they make their money! Will definitely be looking to bank elsewhere! If I am going to overdraft my account, it needs to be my fault, not the bank spinning it to their advantage!

Original review: May 1, 2018

I recently charged my Key Bank card for a fishing trip to Canada, I have been doing this over the past 20 yrs. Today I opened up my account and found I was charged a processing fee for the purchase! I have never been charged before for this type of transaction. I called the 800# for Key Bank and the first person I spoke to was (Kiana) and she started out nice and then turned very rude and cold when I questioned her on the charge... Came out and said she can't do anything about it... I explained to her that I charge on this card for years and she said she will go back and look... So I was on hold for 10 minutes and she came back and said could not find any history.

I then told her to look at a date that was 2 yrs ago and hard to believe there was a charge to Canada... to the same outfit... And guess what (no exchange charge), she then said I have to go to my local branch. I asked, "For what?" She then said that it was on my agreement. I said, "I didn't even ask for you guys... I had HSBC, then First Niagara and then you... So I did not sign anything." She was then very short so I asked her to speak to a supervisor and she would not at first. I explained to her that I used to have several accounts with Key Bank. Well was HSBC, then went to First Niagara and then to Key Bank. I have had bad service dealing with Key Bank and have then pulled those accounts except this one.

Well long story short... I am going to close this account. What makes it more painful the amount they charged me caused the amount in my account to be lower than my recent purchase and I am getting hit with an overdraft fee... So anybody who has a Key Bank account be very aware of what they do. Very disheartening that they do business like this.

Original review: April 25, 2018

As others have said... WORST BANK EVER!!! Their online/mobile banking is a joke and, as I have been told by KeyBank representatives, it is NOT up to date. So even if you are checking regularly, they don't post all charges, etc so you really have no idea what is going on until a day or two later. Was told to sign up for text alerts to get 'Real Time' updates/information... Signed up for EVERY alert I could find (email/text) and have yet to even receive a single text. I get emails 2 DAYS later telling me about overdrafts. They hold CASH DEPOSITS to ensure they are able to charge an overdraft. Payments don't show pending so no warning. They are there and will cause an overdraft. It's truly ridiculous.

Called to get things straightened out, confirmed balance and charges coming in but the rep neglected to inform of additional overdrafts (FROM PREVIOUS DAY? - even though money was deposited to cover.) So money was deposited to cover what was confirmed but was charged yet ANOTHER overdraft because information was purposely withheld! Seriously, this bank is nothing but a bunch of Corporate THIEVES! They will take your money, hold deposits for 2 weeks (without warning or notice), wait 2 days to inform of overdrafts/problems, then charge you fee, upon fee then do nothing to help. I was told that if you have a branch that 'likes you' they might remove the fees... so, in other words... it's a popularity contest and unless the Branch Manager 'Like You'... sucks to be you!!! Save yourself time (and money) and go to another bank!!!

Original review: April 13, 2018

Decided to open an account when I received a promotional offer by mail. The entire experience was unpleasant. Very non-customer-centric bank. Closed the account after just 2 months and will never use the bank for anything ever again.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Key Bank is the worst. I changed bank accounts a few months ago and it was a giant fiasco trying to set up automatic payments from my new checking account. I tried doing this over the phone, and they said I would have to go to one of their branches to set it up. When I went into the branch, they said I required a voided check and would have to email in my application. That alone was extremely inconvenient, and in the meantime I've been making manual payments over the phone.

I recently moved and this month when I called in to make a payment, they said I would not be able to make a payment over the phone for one month since I just moved. Seriously? This bank is an absolute joke. Dealing with the utility company is a less stressful experience. I have no idea how they are still in business, but I can't wait till my loan is paid off so I never have to deal with them. Also, good luck using their online banking. Their password and username requirements are just plain dumb. Overall this bank has not kept up with the times. I can't wait till they go out of business.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Our business accounts have been with the same bank building for almost 50 years. We have been through at least a dozen acquisitions and name changes without any issues. Recently Key Bank took over from First Niagara and that's when the service went downhill. First to go was the helpful branch manager and her assistant; then the friendly tellers and, finally, the head teller. In their place, you had a bunch of rigid, unfriendly, unhelpful drones. Things finally came to a head when my 80 year old father was unable to cash a $10.00 check because the check was made out to his business and not to him personally. We went down the next day and transferred most of our accounts to another bank.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I have to agree with most of the one star ratings... and that is being generous. I visited the Parker, Colorado branch and what a joke. Perhaps mediocre customer service is a thing of the past and the concept is simply swirling the toilet bowl? Where do I start? I went in to cash a check on their bank. Ultimately, they charged me $7.50 simply to do that. Corrupt. The tellers (if that is the total they hold) simply ignored me for the first fifteen minutes. They ignored the drive up customers, telling one of them that the lobby was full.

Ummmm... I was the only one in line? How deceitful! There were two tellers. They spent more conversing with each other at the same counter than with anyone else. Another teller came in. One teller said he could help me. Well, that wasn't exactly true and he referred me to the "lead" who was ill equipped to answer simple questions. She seemed bothered that I wasn't a customer. Who in their right minds would be? I will never bank here... ever. A word to the wise.

Original review: March 31, 2018

7 years ago I was selling an antique desk online and received a buyer for it who sent me a Navy Federal check. I deposited the check only to find out it was fraudulent. The bank contacted me immediately to let me know. I never withdrew any monies from the check and as far as I knew the incident was over. Now it's 2018 and I go in and open a new account with them and after they deposit my money they tell me my account is flagged because of the fraudulent check that I deposited 7 years ago and they closed my account only to say they didn't wanna do business with me!!! Why allow me to open it in the first place? And why am I being flagged for a check I never withdrew any monies from that I also told them I received as payment from furniture I was selling online?

This is insane. I would've taken my business somewhere else and not used their bank if they had told me up front. I am definitely getting a lawyer to find out why this is legal for them to do to people. They wasted my time and then refused to give me any information on how to remove the flag. Everyone told me that Key Bank was the worst bank ever and that they have been known to use racial slurs among employees but I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The worst bank ever. The Federal needs to investigate how they do business with customers. This is abuse and stealing. How can you check your account and find that a payment had already came out, so I went and make a deposit. Now today the bank charge me an overdraft fee for something that had been deducted out of my account. What I can’t understand is the fact that the payment was already taken out of my account and I had money left over in the account.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I had a total loss a vehicle. They don’t cash the checks from the insurance money in order to try to get more money from me. How they can do this to anyone is disgusting. My accident was in December. It’s now March and they want payments from me, meanwhile one service rep said no checks are posted to my account. Then I call my insurance company and the checks were posted. Over $19,000 and they still try and make me pay. I call back. This woman now says they do have the checks. This is only when I have my insurance company on the phone. They are scammers and so unprofessional.

Key Bank Company Information

www.key.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business