Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.05/5

Key Bank Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Key Bank?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Key Bank?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I enjoy banking with Key Bank. The tellers are very nice. The hours are constant for me. Saturday hours are a plus. They are about 2 miles from my house. I use the night drop when I need to deposit after hours.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Banks are so not personal, and my bank Manager Christine knows me and my needs and she has allowed a financial relationship that has been so important to my financial needs. She has helped with new products for myself and family members. This is a great bank.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I’m doing this review for my mom it’s based solely on unemployment benefits using the key2benefit debit card. The first couple of weeks everything was smooth then about 2 weeks ago her card stop working...She couldn’t withdraw funds and if she try to make a purchase it says decline. It was so confusing because we were looking at the card activity and there was nothing suspicious (thank god). We called customer service trying to get some answers and after waiting on hold for 45 mins the call disconnect. My mom freaked out lol and added her bank information to have it switched, we called back 2 days later and got hold of someone within 10 mins the guy was super polite and helpful. He said we can wait 7 days for a replacement card or pay $15 for 3 days that’s until he notice there was a DISPUTE CHARGE on my mom card and he couldn’t process the replacement.

We spoke with a rep from the claims DEPT. and she asked if my mom was aware of a charge, she said yes and the woman unlocked my mom card which she was able to use within 5 mins. I am sorry to all the people that is having trouble accessing their funds especially in a time like this. I would say this company is serious with privacy and if there’s a unknown transaction on your card, it will lock unless you call to confirm you're aware. I took 1 star away because there could have been some sort of communication letting my mom know her card was lock because of a dispute charge. Other than that I will recommend using if you’re on unemployment. God is good. Blessings to everyone.

Original review: May 22, 2020

KeyBank has been stealing. I been doing some shopping on Amazon. KeyBank takes off the money, puts it on hold, never Releases it so amazon takes out money off of my account and the money that was on hold never gets returned to my account. KeyBank steals it...and when you call they tell me Talk to amazon about it.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

This is the biggest fraud that no one in America is talking about because everyone's too concerned with Trump! This bank is defrauding the American public and no one is doing anything about it. Went to Chase ATM for money to buy groceries. ATM with Key Bank Unemployment Card deducts money from my account and gives me no money!!!

The Chase Bank slip says, "We can't complete your withdrawal right now. To make sure your account is credited correctly, contact your bank. All the info you need to open a claim is included on this receipt from your transaction." I checked my balance on Key2Benefits and money has been deducted. I've now been waiting for 22 minutes and I'm being told that I have to be transferred to the dispute department, which is close. So, the woman transfers me to a closed department. I just wasted 22 minutes of my life on hold for a department that's closed. Tell me Key Bank, where is the money that I did not get at the ATM? THIS IS FRAUD!!!!

They hope that you'll give up, meanwhile they keep your money.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I was scammed & lost $500 a day for a whole week 7 days. Didn't know till I went to pay a bill-- NO notice from bank. Filed claim 23 days ago & NOW when I call I WAIT on hold for 45 minutes or longer & as soon as someone picks up it disconnects me & last time I talked to someone last week they said wait for letter, but I haven't RECEIVED a letter either. One rep said, "Hopefully you will get money back".. My thought is I BETTER GET my money back.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Since the implementation of the new ATM system, I have been unable to make a cash deposit. I've told Cust Service and the tellers with no satisfaction. Others are having the same problem. Please advise when this will be resolved.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I will never refer any of my family or friends to bank with Key Bank, I will never refer anybody, they charge me for no reasonable reason at all and with the unprofessional maybe racist Customer representative make it worse, they act like they own the money in your account, I remember this one Key Bank representative telling me I can only withdraw $500 from my account, when I was able to call and withdraw $1000 before, and she added period at the end of the statement saying only $500 period, I was so angry. I could not talk her anymore. I had to hang up the phone.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I receive unemployment on a Key Bank card... This is the 2nd week that my money is not on the card due to their system... I will never use them again!!! Why do you keep holding my money? Then 2 days after I'm due to be paid you decide to release my funds!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Leave it to Illinois to hire this company to take care of people’s unemployment benefits... The company has no regard for the fact they have people’s livelihood at stake. The customer service is absolutely unacceptable. The mail comes always late. I’m currently on hold waiting for a rep for 57 minutes!!!! This is because the last two reps gave me misinformation because again they seem to not care that people’s livelihoods are at stake. This company is absolutely ridiculous. It is seriously mind blowing how incompetent they are.

Key Bank Company Information